/vx/ - Videogames and Paranormal


If you want to see the latest posts from all boards in a convenient way please check out /overboard/
Note: JS is reccomended to be able to post effortlessly, but I am working on a system where that won't be needed.

Name
Email
Subject
By clicking New Reply, I acknowledge the existence of the Israeli nuclear arsenal.
Comment
0
Select File / Oekaki
File(s)
Password (For file and/or post deletion.)

4C5FF72EC592924090BFAEAB06105F4E-16638154.png
Occupied Equestria - 23 Jump Street
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149000
Dark Star starts has embarked in a new venture - infiltrating cells of leftwing radicals at a local university.
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149005
149032
>>148993 →
Spark continues down the sidewalk.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
afea8a8
?
No.149031
149032
All that remains now is for Silver to wake up.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149032
149033 149120
>>149005
In not much time, Spark reaches the end of the park's pathway, finding himself on a sidewalk on the opposite side of the block from where he started.

>>149031
Silver awakens alone in his bed, perhaps later in the morning than he excepted. The light coming into the room from the great, seaside glass doors is limited and the room is dark for daylight.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
afea8a8
?
No.149033
149034
>>149032
Silver lifts his head slightly, blinking the sleep away while he looks around the dark room.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149034
149035
>>149033
The room isn't especially dark, but neither is it flooded with natural sunlight, though it is well after daybreak. To the left of him, the covers are pulled down and the sheets are disturbed.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
afea8a8
?
No.149035
149038
>>149034
Silver gets up, stretches, and checks out why it's comparatively dark by going to the balcony door.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149038
149039
>>149035
It isn't hard to see why. Looming over the horizon, and dominating the sky, is a cloud formation directly South, far south, across the bay. The multicell cumulonimbus nearly forms a wall along the far horizon. Though the curvature of the earth and the forest on the opposite side of the bay blocks of view of the storm's lowest base, it appears as dark thunderclouds that gradually lighten as the clouds go higher, appearing like cotton balls where the sky meets space. Closer to Silver are much smaller, dark and thin rain clouds that partly block the Sun. Whether these are the furthest tendrils spun off of the distant clouds, or independent formations is hard to tell.

The waters of the bay appear troubled, and moved by strong winds blowing south. This has a rather interesting effect, as it means that the waters nearest the beach house have blown away and receded, leaving thirty feet or more of mud, and revealing a small wrecked boat, and a chest.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
afea8a8
?
No.149039
149040
>>149038
"Ooooo, what kind of treasures were you carrying, my friend?"

Silver turns and leaves the room, and enters the living room to see who's there.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149040
149041
>>149039
Silver goes down the stairs to see Paperclipping sitting up on the couch, looking remarkably better, and wearing a leather jacket vest that obscures any view of the bandages on his chest, though it does not cover his belly. Jubilosa is there too, walking into the room with coffee in one claw, stopping to adjust the knob on the radio, which she seems to be listening to.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
afea8a8
?
No.149041
149042
>>149040
"Hello! How is everyone?"

Silver cheerfully joins them.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149042
149043
>>149041
Jubilosa looks up
"Fine"

Paperclipping also looks over, and raises a hoof in a wave
"Good Morning" he says
Silver "The Floof" Sword
afea8a8
?
No.149043
149044
>>149042
The unicorn goes over to give his Jubee a hug.

"This weather is very interesting. I saw chest and wrecked boat exposed by retreating waters I would like to investigate."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149044
149045
>>149043
She seems a little surprised by this, raising a foreclaw, partially openning her wings, and moving half a step back, but ultimately the griffin is hugged.

"Uh, that's alright. Yeah, they've mentioned it on the news earlier. But it's all south of us, I think."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
afea8a8
?
No.149045
149046
>>149044
He looks up at his griffon, taking notice of her reaction.

"Is everything alright?"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149046
149047
>>149045
"Sort of" She says
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149047
149048
>>149046
He continues to look up at her.

"Talk to me."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149048
149049
>>149047
"What is it you want to hear?" She answers, with a slight bit of irritation
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149049
149050
>>149048
"I want to talk about what is bothering you, dove."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149050
149051
>>149049
"Bothered? I'm not bothered. Just reconciling myself to living with a sex hound, that is all." She answers
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149051
149052
>>149050
"It rather sounds like it is bothering you, dove."

He smiles at her.

"If you want what happened last night to never happen again, all you have to do is say word. I care for you lot more than I do casual sex."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149052
149053
>>149051
"Well, it's kind of hard to believe that when I see you lusting after my friend, after random mares... even after him." She says
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149053
149054
>>149052
He grabs a hold of her talon, and holds it in his forehooves.

"If you asked it of me, I would swear it upon anything and everything dear to me."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149054
149056
>>149053
She looks to him and has a solemn expression. The slow music ceases and is replaced with a news broadcaster's voice

Paperclipping interjects
"Stop bickering and listen"

The Broadcaster states,
"We interrupt this broadcast to bring you an important message from Governor Halcyon Shores. All air and rail travel through the Upper Basin between Tenochtitlan - Tonaltzintli and Baltimare - Saltlickingham has been suspended until further notice. All travel up and down the Snake River has likewise been suspended.

The Governor has issued an order mandating the evacuation of all civilians from the Zazquiyahuitl region, and has issued an advisory evacuation of Tonaltzintli. Those living in Saltlickingham and Tonalzintli are advised to fill bathtubs and buckets with freshwater, and stock up on food, medicine, and heating fuel. Subjects are advised to avoid travelling to these areas if possible. Furthermore, schools and non-essential government services are closed for the day in Tenochtitlan, Tonalzintli, and Saltlickingham.

Furthermore, the Governor has issued an order creating a District-wide Militia force under the control of the District, and asks ponies to join. Ponies with law enforcement, military, and especially medical skills are asked to volunteer their services for the good of the District. This concludes the message."

The broadcaster stops speaking, and the music resumes, albeit a different song than was playing before.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149056
149057
>>149054
He looks at the radio as the report goes through.

"Hmm. Sounds like it is going to be bad in south."

He returns to look at Jubee.

"Just say word, my dove. I will follow it for as long as I am yours, and you are mine."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149057
149058
>>149056
She doesn't break her eyes from him.

"I would appreciate it." She says

Paperclipping interjects
"Prude."
This causes her eyes to move from Silver to Paperclipping. He follows up.

"I never took you for a puritan."

She says,
"Will you mind your own business?"

He says
"Will you mind yours? Stop being so jealous."

Then she says,
"Did you actually sleep with him?"

And he:
"And if I did? What would it matter? It's not like you've lost anything..."

This continues
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149058
149059
>>149057
Silver interrupts them both with a firm voice.

"Both of you, enough."

He looks at Jubilosa first, his voice softening.

"I promise, Jubee, you will be my only. And no, I did not sleep with Clip."

He looks then at Clip, voice still soft.

"It is something you will understand when you get into relationship. There is give and there is take."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149059
149062
>>149058
Paperclipping:
"Quite a bit of taking and not enough giving, it sounds like to me."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149062
149063
>>149059
He smiles at him.

"You would be surprised what she gives me. She gives me kind of companionship I have missed for many years."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149063
149064
>>149062
Paperclipping scrunches, and crosses his forelegs
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149064
149065
>>149063
"How are you feeling anyways, Clip? Feel any better from yesterday?"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149065
149066
>>149064
"Yesterday? Heh heh, yes." He says
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149066
149067
>>149065
He smiles widely.

"That is great to hear. I hope you are healed soon."

He looks to the two people in the room with him.

"Anyways, I hope you two continue to get along, I do not like my favorite people fighting. I want to investigate that boat wreckage before tide comes back in."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149067
149068
>>149066
"Okay" Juilosa says, slowly walking closer towards one of the two couches, again picking up her coffee.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149068
149069
>>149067
Silver goes outside to investigate the wreckage.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149069
149070
>>149068
Silver exits out the rear door of the house. Though the area immediately next to the house is leeward of it, when Silver goes down the wooden staircase to ground level, he can feel the chill wind passing by.

The area nearest the shoreline is filled with many rocks and debris, but further away is more sand and silt, which turns to mud with scattered rocks, a couple clams, a bottle or two, a few pieces of drift wood, and near where the water meets the exposed mud, an overturned boat and the chest.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149070
149072
>>149069
What kind of boat is it?
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149072
149073
>>149070
It's a rowboat, a little larger than a dinghy, turned upside and partially buried in the mud, with the bow and port side sticking out a bit more than the stern and starboard. The boat is painted white, though this chips and fades to grey and naked brown wood, and there seems to be a name upside in black, chipped letters. It looks like "Emirate." Probably it belonged to a much larger vessel, either as a ship's boat or a lifeboat.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149073
149074
>>149072
"Huh."

Is the boat rotting, or is it still sturdy?
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149074
149075
>>149073
It's in the process of rotting, but still sturdier than not. It's deep enough in the mud that it would need to be dug out with a shovel.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149075
149076
>>149074
That's unfortunate, he likely wouldn't have enough time to dredge it up. Well, time to investigate the chest.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149076
149077
>>149075
The "chest" is a metal box, likewise painted white, though more obviously flaking, somewhere in size between a tool box and a trunk.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149077
149078
>>149076
Silver goes to open it.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149078
149079
>>149077
A latch holding it together can be pulled up, opening the box.

Inside are one, two, three carbine rifles, four pistols, waterlogged ammunition, and detachable magazines
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149079
149080
>>149078
"Woah...what kind of boat did this come from, anyhow?"

Can Silver close the box and bring it with him?
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149080
149081
>>149079
The box is very heavy and is partly buried in the sand.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
afea8a8
?
No.149081
149082
>>149080
Silver returns to the house, wipes his hooves before entering, and goes up to Mala's room.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149082
149083
>>149081
Mala silently lays on his bed, but seems to open his eyes and looks to Silver as he approaches
Silver "The Floof" Sword
afea8a8
?
No.149083
149084
>>149082
"Hello, best buddy. Are you awake?"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149084
149085
>>149083
Mala raises his head, and his triangular ears

"I am now" He answers
Silver "The Floof" Sword
afea8a8
?
No.149085
149086
>>149084
He smiles.

"Well, if you wanted, I could use some help. Waterline outside has receded in advance of storm, and it has exposed crashed lifeboat and gun locker. If you were willing, I could use some help unburying them from mud and bringing them to safety."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149086
149087
>>149085
Mala gets up, and out of the bed, walking over towards Silver

"Yes, I can help." He answers
Silver "The Floof" Sword
afea8a8
?
No.149087
149088
>>149086
"Do you want to?"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149088
149089
>>149087
"Sure" He says, coming to Silver's side
Silver "The Floof" Sword
afea8a8
?
No.149089
149090
>>149088
He smiles again.

"Well, alright! Follow me!"

But first: do they happen to have any shovels?
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149090
149091
>>149089
At least one is known to have been used by Khoi during her "Improvements"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
afea8a8
?
No.149091
149092
>>149090
Silver grabs it, and goes with Mala down to the boat.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149092
149093
>>149091
Silver and Mala go out onto the mud. The wind blows strong and cold, and further off Silver can see the bay is worked up into waves. The storm cell looks a little larger than it did before, or at least that's the appearance. But the boat and chest are right before them.

Mala's feet slowly start to sink into the mud, as do Silver's. But he lifts them up, and readjusts his position.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
afea8a8
?
No.149093
149094
>>149092
"Come on, friend, let us hurry. I am not sure how long we have."

Silver gets to work unburying the boat and chest.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149094
149095 149096
>>149093
Silver digs, and digs, and Mala likewise digs with his paws, trying to get underneath the boat and the chest

Silver should roll die with a strength modifier

[1d20+2 = 19]
afea8a8
?
No.149095
149096
[1d20+2 = 21]
>>149094
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149096
149097
>>149095
>>149094
Between the shovel and Mala's paws, the two are remarkably efficient in removing mud around the chest and the boat. This is rather fortunate, as the wind is beginning to shift directions and the water is already on its way back in. The boat was on the edge of the water when Silver found it, and it will soon again be under it.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
afea8a8
?
No.149097
149098
>>149096
Hopefully, the two can uncover both and get them out of danger.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149098
149099
>>149097
At last, both objects are freed from the mud, or at least free enough that they may be dislodged.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
afea8a8
?
No.149099
149100
>>149098
"Alright, let us put chest in boat, and push it back to our lot."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149100
149101
>>149099
Silver and Mala attempt to turn the boat right side up, and lift the chest onto the boat.

Roll strength
afea8a8
?
No.149101
149102
[1d20+2 = 18]
>>149100
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149102
149103
>>149101
Success! The boat is flipped over by the pair, and the two lift up the heavy chest and place it in the boat. While the bottom of the boat wants to press into the mud, the rising water makes moving the boat increasingly easy.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149103
149104
>>149102
"Thank you very much for your help, Mala. Maybe someday we can fix this boat up and go fishing together. We could have steady supply of meat for you and Jubee."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149104
149106
>>149103
Mala wags his tail

"That sounds like fun. I've never been fishing before."

But the wind has changed direction again, and the water makes a loud, running sound, as it starts to come in in small waves.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149106
149107
>>149104
"It is quite nice. But, eh...we should probably take care not to join fish before that happens."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149107
149109
>>149106
Presumably, the two try to push the boat to the shoreline, and then onto the shore.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149109
149250
>>149107
Eeyup.
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149120
149134
>>149032
Spark checks his surroundings.
Not Dark Star
1b149a2
?
No.149128
149129 149130 149132 149134
Dabs
Also Not Dark Star
97babe3
?
No.149129
149132 149133
>>149128
Dabs back
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149130
149133
B563AF58-978B-42D0-9673-9A28BD05BCDB.gif
>>149128
Totally Dark Star
04f4a18
?
No.149132
149133
>>149128
>>149129
Dabs on
Not Dark Star
1b149a2
?
No.149133
149134
>>149130
Dab
>>149129
>>149132
Dabs on u both
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149134
149135 149150
>>149120
All of the ponies around him have moved further away; the stallion with the foal has crossed the street, the mare on the opposite side of the road to the left has turned the corner away from Spark, and the stallion further behind him has moved another block and out of sight. All have moved, save for the naked brown stallion who, previously walking parallel to Spark on the sidewalk, has turned right where the block turns, thus completing a half circle around the block going 180 degrees, and placing him behind Spark as he too, enters the sidewalk and turns right. A pink mare in a winter jacket walks along the same sidewalk, heading towards Spark.

>>149133
>>149128
Dark Star has asked Lunar Nadir "What is it like attending the university.

Nadir looks down, and mumbles something inaudible through her teeth.
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149135
149136
>>149134
Spark stands still for a moment.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149136
149137
>>149135
The mare in front of Spark continues walking forward. When she reaches a certain distance from him, about twenty feet, she briefly looks to him, raises her left hoof in a wave, says “Hiya,” and then turns back, moving to pass Spark to his left. The brown stallion behind Spark, though he is harder to see, seems to momentarily stop, move forward, stop again, and then move forward at a slower pace.
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149137
149138
>>149136
Spark turns to face the stallion.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149138
149139
>>149137
He looks up at Spark, then looks around, and walks forward, as if to pass Spark
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149139
149140
>>149138
Spark also walks forward and past him.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149140
149141
>>149139
Spark passes him, moving to the side as he does so.

He seems to walk by, though at a low pace
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149141
149143
>>149140
Spark heads back into the park.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149143
149144
>>149141
Spark walks in, and after a moment of the other pony loitering around, he follows Spark into the park, staying some ways behind
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149144
149145
>>149143
Spark turns back to the stallion.
"Can I help you, friend?"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149145
149146
>>149144
"Oh"
He seems somewhat surprised

"Just uh, waiting. That's all." He says
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149146
149147
>>149145
"Me too. Want to share what are you waiting for?"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149147
149148
>>149146
He moves past, and stops at a position where he's facing sort of perpendicular to Spark.

"A... A leasing office. My sister is moving in."
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149148
149149
>>149147
"That's good. So what brings you over here?"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149149
149151
>>149148
“Well uh, just helping her out.”
Whinnysotan accent, toothy smile. Little eye contact.
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149150
149152
>>149134
watching 4cc rn. play in a bit
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149151
149152
>>149149
"That's very kind of you. Is the office close by?"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149152
149153
>>149150
wags tail

>>149151
"Oh it's.." He turns his head a little to his right, and then tilts his head to the right "Over there"
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149153
149154
>>149152
"Perfect. I need to go check it out later as well. When does it open?"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149154
149155
>>149153
He has some hesitation
“It’s open, the pony is just out”
He answers
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149155
149156
>>149154
"Ah. Do you know when he will be back?"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149156
149157
>>149155
“Uh, soon, I hope.”
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149157
149158
>>149156
"He didn't leave a note for how long he was going to be gone for? That's a bit rude of him."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149158
149159
>>149157
“She said she was helping someone else. So….”
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149159
149161
>>149158
"Well, I got nothing better to do today than wait here for her."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149161
149162
>>149159
“That’s alright” he says, awkwardly
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149162
149163
>>149161
"Well, since we are both stuck here, why don't we find a way to pass the time? What brings you out to the park to wait for the leasing office?"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149163
149164 149165
>>149162
“My, my sister is moving in.”
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149164
149166
>>149163
"I mean, of all the places to wait around in, what brings you to the park?"
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149165
>>149163
almost over. in post game commentary now
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149166
149175
>>149164
"Just, you know, walking around." He answers "Get some fresh air."
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149175
149179
>>149166
"Yeah. It is good to get some air now and again."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149179
149180
>>149175
"Yeah, it is. I'll... I better go check and see if she came back yet." He turns to walk down the park pathway, down basically the way Spark came.
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149180
149181
>>149179
Spark follows him.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149181
149182
>>149180
He goes down the path, then turns left, then crosses the street, then goes down another block towards more housing.
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149182
149183
>>149181
Spark continues from a distance.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149183
149184
>>149182
He continues, and then cuts right past a set of buildings into an apartment complex
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149184
149185
>>149183
Spark snoops around the apartment.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149185
149186
>>149184
Spark sees that it's a corridor that goes between two apartment buildings, and cuts to a walkway that runs between apartment buildings on either side, and allows access to the small patios and backs of these buildings
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149186
149187
>>149185
Spark continues to spy on the stallion.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149187
149188 149189
>>149186
He takes off running to the left
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149188
149190
>>149187
Ok here i am
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149189
149190
>>149187
Spark peeks around the left corner.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149190
149191 149192
>>149188
Hello!

Dark Star has asked Lunar Nadir "What is it like attending the university?"

Nadir looks down, and mumbles something inaudible through her teeth.

>>149189
He runs some ways down, until this sidewalk meets a street
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149191
149193
>>149190
"What was that? I Couldnt quite hear you."
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149192
149193
>>149190
sneakiness continues
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149193
149194 149195
>>149191
"I... don't attend the university" she essentially whispers

>>149192
He turns left, and Spark loses line of sight when he moves past an apartment building
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149194
149196
>>149193
He whispers back
"Really? I'm Sorry i was under the impression you did. My apologies."
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149195
149196
>>149193
Spark thinks this might be a trap and retraces his steps.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149196
149197
>>149194
"I'm... friends with Mars Loaf, who does go here" She has an awkward, toothy smile. Notably she has fangs.

"But... I don't go to university..." Her ears fall, as her lips are pulled all the way back.

>>149195
Spark goes back, then back on the other path, and onto the street.
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149197
149198
>>149196
Dark Star(Solar Night) Looks a little disappointed in himself for not realizing earlier.
He Smiles Back at her
"No worries, Maybe i could help you get in?"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149198
149199
>>149197
"You... could?" She takes in a breath

"How?!"
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149199
149200
>>149198
He Shrugs
"I Know a Pony."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149200
149201
>>149199
"But.... I didn't really... do well enough in secondary school. With mom working and all, and the siege... And I don't know if I have enough money to pay for it, really. It's... kind of expensive."
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149201
149202
>>149200
He looks her in the eye and says
"Well,Its on me. Id be willing to help anyway i can."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149202
149204
>>149201
A smile grows across her face, and she nearly yells the net part
"Are you serious?"
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149204
149205
>>149202
"Of Course. We're Friends."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149205
149206
>>149204
"Thank you!"

It is fortunate for Dark Star that he was sitting only perhaps three feet from Nadir. Fortunate, because it gives Nadir very little space to gain momentum for what she does next. She spreads her forehooves, jumps up, and whomps Dark Star.

Whomp
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149206
149207
>>149205
whomp? i forgot what that means
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149207
149209
1213834.gif
2436752.png
>>149206
Dark Star is pounced on and hugged
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149209
149210
>>149207
Dark Star Laughs
"You're welcome. Its no trouble."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149210
149211
>>149209
She still has her forelegs wrapped around Dark Star, and her wings are partially spread. She raises her head to look up at Dark Star, though

"How though? Do you have a relative who works there or something?"
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149211
149212
>>149210
"Yea something like that."
He chuckles
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149212
149213
>>149211
Dark Star is very possible slowly having the life squeezed out of him, unable to move his forelegs. Her grip remains tight. Her chest, neck, and forelegs press into him, and he can feel short, course fur.

"I always wanted to go. June is a legacy student. His father went here. Mars is real smart. I didn't think I could go here." She pulls away just enough to look Dark Star in the eye

"Did you go here last semester or did you just start?"
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149213
149214
>>149212
"Well im not enrolled yet. but i will be soon."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149214
149215
>>149213
"But you can get me too? Are you sure?"
She asks yet again, still in disbelief
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149215
149216
>>149214
"Yea i am sure about it ms.nadir. Anything for a friend."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149216
149220
>>149215
"If you do... That will be the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me. Except maybe for my mother."
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149220
149221
>>149216
He feels his heart "Smile" when she says that.
"Well you,know. id like to think anypony would do the same."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149221
149222
>>149220
"No one has" she says, now burying her head on his shoulder.
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149222
149224
>>149221
He Pats her on the back
"Well,thats wrong. Helping Friends id the best thing somepony could do."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149224
149225
>>149222
A wing unfolds, and moves to wrap around Dark Star, although the wing keeps its distance, ultimately.

She asks a series of excited questions in quick succession, not necessarily waiting for Solar Night to answer before asking the next one:
"You are starting? What are you studying? Were you kept out of the first semester by the peace, and the siege, and all that? Did you say you could get my tuition paid for, or waived, or something?"
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149225
149227
>>149224
"Yea i am. Political science. Yes. If i doesn't get waived i can help you pay for it."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149227
149228
>>149225
"Thank you" She presses her muzzle into his neck, and generally presses her upper body into him.

Dark Star can see, however, that June - who before was talking to the other stallions at the party, deliberately walks over to Dark Star, and sits in a chair perpendicular to him. He is smoking a cigarette inside, and looks intently to Solar Night:

"Where do you come from, again?" He asks Dark Star, paying no attention to Nadir
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149228
149230
>>149227
Dark Star seems slightly taken aback
Where was his farm located?
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149230
149231
>>149228
I'm unsure. He's from a farm of the "South of Baltimare." I would suspect he's also from further west, perhaps from the Hayseed area, though maybe he's closer than that. Of course the farm has been overtaken by Zebras.
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149231
149232
>>149230
"Oh To the south of here a ways. why so curious friend?"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149232
149234
>>149231
"What you've been saying. You are... interested in politics, yes?"
Anonymous
c6afef5
?
No.149234
149235
>>149232
I’m phone posting now will only be able to make a couple more posts.
“Yes? What’s so interesting about that? I’m sure a lot of creatures are.”
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149235
149236
>>149234
"Indeed. A lot of creatures are. Why don't you tell me a bit about your interests? How you came to be that way."
Anonymous
c6afef5
?
No.149236
149237
>>149235
“Well it started a little while before the war. My brother had been on a mailing list for the social democrats. He would let me read them with him.”
Dark star looks at the ground
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149237
149241
>>149236
"The Social Democrats? And what is your opinion of them?"
Anonymous
c6afef5
?
No.149241
149249
>>149237
“Well they aren’t progressive enough for my liking,”
I gotta go now.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149249
149268
>>149241
He nods, evidently accepting that answer for the moment

"So... You'd read the mailing list of the Social Democrats?"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149250
149251
>>149109
Silver and Mala pull the boat up over the mid-sized rocks that separate the sand and silt exposed at low tide from the sparse grass that grows above. The water has moved in with the shift of the wind, and white capped waves that were once distant, now begin to crash against the rocks. The wind is strong, and require Silver to speak louder than normal if he wishes to be heard.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149251
149252
>>149250
Speak louder, he does.

"We should keep going, get above high tide line!"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149252
149254
>>149251
They pull it further up, and further in, until the boat is high enough to not be carried away by any ordinary storm or tide.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149254
149256
>>149252
"Whew! Thank you so much, Mala."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149256
149257
>>149254
Mala wags his tail, and yells "You're welcome!"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149257
149258
>>149256
"Well, with that done, do you want to go with me on my errands today?"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149258
149260
>>149257
“Sure” he says. Tilting his head, he says, “what are those?”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149260
149261
>>149258
"Clip needs something for long-term pain management, we need to find a new job for us, and if we have time there are still those two colts I think would like to meet you."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149261
149262
>>149260
“That sounds nice.” He says, looking up at Silver
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149262
149263
>>149261
"Let us ahead back indoors after we wipe our hooves/paws, I just need few minutes to get ready to go outdoors."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149263
149264
>>149262
"Okay" He says, energetically going back towards the house
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149264
149319
>>149263
Silver follows him, perhaps less energetically with the box of guns. The unicorn has a few basic things to do before he heads out: put the guns in a safe place in his room, use the bathroom, brush his teeth, get some quick breakfast. As he's getting breakfast (likely either any cereal or oatmeal they have on hoof) he checks to see if anyone is still in the viscinity of the living room.
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149268
149319 149519
>>149249
"From time to time i would,yes."
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149276
149319
More Spark soon hopefully.
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149292
149319
Hopefully soon.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149319
149320
>>149264
Within first reentering the house, Silver notices that Khoi Lua has entered the living room, and is talking to Jubilosa

>>149276
>>149292
Yes.

>>149268
"And...?" He makes a rolling pattern with his hoof
Silver "The Floof" Sword
e62b47a
?
No.149320
149327
>>149319
Silver tries to inconspicuously eavesdrop on their conversation.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149327
149328
>>149320
Khoi Lua, sounding frustrated:
"Superstitious zebras closed down the restaurant for the day."

Jubilosa, sympathetic:
"What is it? Some kind of holiday?"

Khoi:
"No. They didn't like the shade of the moon last night, or something. Closed down the restaurant on a perfectly good work day."

Jubilosa:
"Well enjoy a day off. There weren't going to be many customers today anyways, with the weather as it is. It looks like more rain."

Khoi:
"Less work means less income."

Jubilosa:
"They'll probably still pay you for the missing day. And what do you need money for? You have-"
Jubilosa seems to cut herself off, and mumbles something. Notably, she looks over at Silver and recognizes his presence in the room. Paper Clipping fills the silence:

"The zebra folk are right to be worried. The Fascists are planning a crackdown."

Khoi:
Flat "What."

Paper Clipping:
"It's been on the airwaves all morning. They are restricting travel between cities. Removing the civilian population from rural areas. They have even begun to start a 'volunteer' auxiliary force of locals. They are sectioning off large areas of the countryside and are going to clear them of anyone who resists. This is just the beginning."

Khoi:
"What are you talking about?"

Paper Clipping:
"On the Radio. This morning. Evacuating whole areas."

Jubilosa:
"I'm sure it's just heavy rains, or something."

Paper Clipping:
"No no. This is exactly how they do it. Pretend there is an emergency. You don't know they are coming down on you until they have their hoof on your neck."

Khoi:
"What does that have to do with my job as a cook?"

Paper Clipping:
"It has everything to do with it. Workers everywhere, especially non-ponies, are in danger."

Jubilosa:
"That... does sound kind of like what happened in Sicameon..."

Paper Clipping:
"You see! I hope ponies, err, creatures see through this-"

They continue like this
Silver "The Floof" Sword
afea8a8
?
No.149328
149329
>>149327
"Admittedly, it does look like nasty storm. Perhaps they are using genuine emergency to push their agenda?"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149329
149330
>>149328
"Emergency? What emergency?" He asks
Silver "The Floof" Sword
afea8a8
?
No.149330
149331
>>149329
"Well, perhaps there is chance for river flooding in inland areas. Flash flooding has always been great danger."
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149331
149332
>>149330
Paper clipping tries to stand up, and turn his body to the window.
“Huh. When did that get there?” He says, looking outside
Silver "The Floof" Sword
afea8a8
?
No.149332
149333
>>149331
"Since recently. Mala and I pulled sunken rowboat and chest full of firearms that was exposed by receding sea. I am not saying it is impossible Black Hooves are using this opportunity, though."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149333
149334
>>149332
"Huh. Wow." He says, looking outside.

The clouds, though still at least a hundred miles away, look much closer than before. The tendrils that span from it are much thicker, and begin to darken the skies.

Paper Clipping turns to him
"Real or not, watch out. This is how it begins. I'm telling you."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
afea8a8
?
No.149334
149335
>>149333
"Hmm...those clouds do look quite evil. Perhaps it is foretelling what is to come?"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149335
149336
>>149334
Paper Clipping:
"The weather doesn't provide omens." He says, and Khoi seems to concur with a nod.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
afea8a8
?
No.149336
149337
>>149335
Silver shrugs in response.

"How are you feeling anyways, Clip? Anything specific about your pain I should look for to help you?"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149337
149338
>>149336
"No. More alcohol should help. Actually... got any more of those opioids?"

Jubilosa raises a claw:
"I'll take more alcohol also."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
afea8a8
?
No.149338
149339
>>149337
"Hmm. Duly noted, more alcohol."

He smiles at Khoi.

"I know you do not want alcohol, but how are you?"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149339
149340
>>149338
She lays down on the couch, tail pressed against the back.
"I suppose it's been worse" She says
Silver "The Floof" Sword
afea8a8
?
No.149340
149341
>>149339
"Anything specific you wish to mention or talk about? I feel like out of all present I know least about how you are doing over course of day."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149341
149342
>>149340
She folds her forelegs under herself
"What... what do you need to know?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
d794ba8
?
No.149342
149343
>>149341
"Well...besides work, how is it going?"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149343
149344
>>149342
She tilts her head
"What is there besides work?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
d794ba8
?
No.149344
149345
>>149343
"What you do when you are not at work."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149345
149346
>>149344
"Well, I... I don't have a foal. I don't have a husband. I am away from my family. I don't know many here. I don't even have a temple. I don't have any friends besides Jubilosa. What am I to do?" She says, unsettled
Silver "The Floof" Sword
d794ba8
?
No.149346
149347
>>149345
"Find hobby, meet new people, get involved with cause you feel strongly about like environment or ending poverty. When I was colt I spent much of my time training my body to perfection."
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149347
149348
>>149346
“A cause?” She again tilts her head
Silver "The Floof" Sword
d794ba8
?
No.149348
149349
>>149347
He nods.

"What do you feel strongly about? Maybe cultural revival of Ngua Nam kirins in Baltimare?"
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149349
149350
>>149348
She shakes her head
“Baltimare is not a part of Ngua Nam. It is something different, for better or for worse.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
d794ba8
?
No.149350
149351
>>149349
"Well, it is only one idea. What do you feel strongly about?"
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149351
149352
>>149350
“Well… spirituality. And why isn’t Equestria the land of harmony I was promised? Something is wrong here. There is isolation, and hostility.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
d794ba8
?
No.149352
149353
>>149351
"Maybe you can get involved in bringing others together?"
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149353
149354
>>149352
“I don’t know how…”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
afea8a8
?
No.149354
149355
>>149353
Silver scratches his chin for a moment, before looking at Clip.

"Do you think you could help her figure out how? You two could bond over it."
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149355
149356
>>149354
“Uh….” Both Khoi and Paper Clipping seem awkward about this
Silver "The Floof" Sword
afea8a8
?
No.149356
149358
>>149355
"Or not?"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149358
149359
>>149356
The music eminating from the radio once again cuts out, replaced with a silence, and then the following words, played at a higher volume than the music it replaced:

We interrupt this broadcast to bring you an important message. Governor Halcyon Shores has declared a State of Emergency.
All air and rail travel through the Tenochtitlan Basin and Hayseed regions has been suspended. All travel has suspended both up and down the Snake, Ponelippe, and Delemare Rivers.

The Governor has issued an order mandating the evacuation of all civilians from the Tonaltzintli and Saltlickingham regions effective immediately. All civilians remaining within the Zazquiyahuitl region are ordered to remain in their homes or take shelter in a structurally sound building. Civilians in Zazquiyahuitl are to lock all doors, close all windows, and cover all openings to the outside. An advisory evacuation has been issued for residents of the Tenochtitlan and Hayseed regions.

The Governor has ordered the rationing of heating oil, kerosene, coal, firewood, diesel and gasoline. All civilians districtwide are ordered to keep use of water and electricity to a minimum, and to stock up on supplies of freshwater. Schools and non-essential government services are closed until further notice districtwide. Use of medical services is restricted to emergencies.

Civilians are advised to boil any and all tap water, river sourced water, or ground water before drinking or using in the preparation of food. Use bottled water where possible. Residents experiencing high fever, a severe headache, vertigo, black tongue, dark urine, or severe abdominal and chest pain, should seek medical help immediately.

Ponies, particularly those with military, law enforcement, or medical backgrounds, are asked to join in the District Militia.

Keep your radio on for more updates."

The message stops, and the music resumes.

Paper Clipping:
"That is foretelling."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
d794ba8
?
No.149359
149361
>>149358
"Hmm...either you are right, or something seriously disasterous is going to happen. Either way, not good."
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149361
149362
>>149359
“Should we… do something?” Paper Clipping says apprehensively
Silver "The Floof" Sword
d794ba8
?
No.149362
149363
>>149361
"I do not know what we can do, besides exposing truth behind this, whatever it is, and spreading word about it to general populace."
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149363
149364
>>149362
Paper Clipping:
“Yes. Yes! Let the masses know. That is what is needed.”
After momentary excitement, he resumes his prior apprehension
Silver "The Floof" Sword
d794ba8
?
No.149364
149553
>>149363
He smiles at Clip.

"If you are worried about being caught by regime, I doubt there is that much to worry. From personal experience, Black Hooves are more occupied with putting out fires than with random crackdowns and searches. It took private citizens to discover what was going on with Comte Burgher, and our raid on Hoebuck was orchestrated by local government, not federal."
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149365
149366 149367
>>148973 →
"I have been here for about 7 nights, I think," Iron reluctantly muttered, still holding Sands tightly with a small pout. "It feels I have been here for longer than that."
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149366
149367 149368
>>149365
“I can imagine.” She makes a motion as if reaching for a cigarette, but none is forthcoming, nor is she even wearing a pouch from which one may be produced. When she realizes the error, she stops, and then spreads herself out, laying down on her belly on the bed.

“What did you think you would accomplish?” She asks
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149367
149368
>>149365
>>149366
Okay, I see that Iron is “holding her tightly,” but in any case, she reaches for a non-existent pouch, then repositions herself from laying on her side to something more like laying on her belly, and spreads out her hindlegs.
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149368
149369
>>149366
>>149367
It's okay. Iron wouldn't want to trap her with a hug for eternity.
"Success," Iron hesitantly uttered, as if unsure himself. "At least that is what the tribe wants."
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149369
149370
>>149368
For the preceding few sentences, White Sands was content to speak to Iron without looking at him, lazily aiming her gaze at the wall on the far side, or looking down for her pouch. With Iron’s last words, however, she turns her long, thin muzzle towards him, and with her dark green eyes looks into his.

“What the tribe wants? What do they want? What do you think ‘success’ is, I mean?”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149370
149371
>>149369
"They want me to bring back the spoils of my journey," Iron answered back with a tinge of uneasiness, feeling like he was most likely stepping into potential trouble. "Project the worth I have gained to my tribesponies."
For a moment, his grip loosened on Sands as her questions reverberated inside his skull. "...I figured it meant bringing shiny stuff at first," he continued, deep in thought "but now I am not sure."
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149371
149372
>>149370
She lays next to him in silence for a moment, and for several seconds Iron likely fears he will have to be the next to speak; that he will have to elaborate, or expand upon his words. But White Sand’s grave expression is, after the passage of some time, accompanied by a slow nod.

“The same as I.” She says, herself less able to hold a firm composure.

“It is your duty, to the family. To the… tribe. To come back with… something. On you they depend. Otherwise… what are you doing? Who even are you?”
At this point, her eyes wander, and she loses her focus on Iron
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149372
149373
>>149371
Such a reply caused Iron to slowly look at Sands with a soft expression, giving Sands a much needed stroke on her mane. However, his mind soon started to connect some dots together. "...you mean you are also part of a tribe?" he soon asked the unicorn mare with a tinge of hope, wondering if such a route may lead to him finally tackling her issues firsthoof like he so desperately wants.
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149373
149374
>>149372
“I don’t think a creature who isn’t a part of a tribe has much right to be considered a real creature. It is the family and the collective that makes us. To them we owe our existence. But it’s more than that. It is our blood, and our duty to it, that defines what we are. Who we are. It gives us our purpose.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149374
149375
>>149373
"You are definitely right about that," Iron agreed wholeheartedly with a nod, starting to open himself up by just a bit. "I have barely gone out for nothing at all yet I miss them, but I cannot come back until I can proudly say I did it. Until I make them proud of me."
The words slipped his mouth, feeling quite exposed to reveal such details but ultimately deciding she needed to know he understood her struggles at the very least. It's what he should do for his mare, after all...
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149375
149376
>>149374
She again looks at him, with no smile and grave expression.

"For you it's been... you say seven days? Well for me it's been seven years. And the last seven months of that with nothing to show for it." She turns her head away from Iron, now looking at the pillow next to him, with a gaze focused far beyond that. It seems like she is done speaking, until she adds:

"I don't actually know how long it's been. Long enough."
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149376
149377
>>149375
Iron's hope quickly eroded at the sight, realizing none of this was really helping her. He had to do better!
With a determined glint in his eyes, Iron soon placed a hoof of Sands' cheek. "It is not too late to make them proud," he proposed the mare. "You are still living, therefore you must keep trying. We only need to find out how to do it."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149377
149378
2438162.png
>>149376
https://youtu.be/n5fXZ0pqg78?t=185

She returns her gaze to his, looking dispirited, yet better than she did a minute ago. She nods, and asks:

"How?"
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149378
149379
>>149377
"What does your tribe cherish most of all?" Iron soon answered with boundless spirit, seizing the opportunity to try to be the best stallion Sands could ever ask for. "Does it value luxury? Power? Wealth? We have to tackle it that way."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149379
149380
>>149378
"Affection. Love." She says,

"I've yet to see them turn down power, wealth, or luxury where it's offered." She adds
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149380
149381
>>149379
"Love?" Iron uttered, a little confused at Sands' answer. "How are you supposed to love them from so far away?"
Meanwhile, his brain started to brainstorm a little, figuring his gambit with Cauldron could prove to be a viable way to gain the respect and admiration from her family. However, such a solution in it of itself felt a little empty compared to his physical efforts for the striped zebra mare he loved. There must be something a lot more personal to secure their relationship to be as loving as it can be.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149381
149382
>>149380
"Well, I mean like, you know, winning the affections of a stallion. Or the praise of a community. Or passion. Like... kind of like starting a tribe or family of your own. That, they will respect."

She pauses,
"But since it's been so long, a remittance check may go a ways to make up for lost time."
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149382
149383
>>149381
"I presume I do not count in any of these respects, right?" Iron asked in turn in a more neutral yet still caring demeanor.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149383
149384
>>149382
She makes an awkward smile
"Why would you presume that?"
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149384
149385
>>149383
"I did go as far as... you know," Iron suggested, conspicuously glancing down at Sands' belly while his free hoof pointed down at just after his stomach. "I would need to improve my standing so you can use me as the perfect path to your family's respect, but I am sure I can do it with enough effort and time."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149385
149386
>>149384
When Iron points towards her womb, she moves her muzzle down to glance down at her belly. She blushes, and has the warmest, happiest smile he's seen on her all morning.

"You did." she says, the smile fading in part and maintained in part

"But how much do you really... You know" She breaks eye contact. "Want to do that?"
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149386
149387
>>149385
"If it means making you the happiest mare you can be," Iron instantly replied with unwavering, firm passion "I want it."
Deep down, however, he wasn't honestly sure if the prospect of raising a family with Sands will help them start the spark of a fulfilling relationship. It would certainly aid in finding a suitable aspect to properly latch onto and give them that missing piece he was so eager for... and now that he said it, it seemed like a great idea.
Are we really capable to raising foals in this state, though? Iron soon wondered in his head, yet quickly shooed it off for the time being: Right now, Sands needs his commitment to be shown in full force.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149387
149388
>>149386
"But do you really want me as your mare? Because... last night... It kind of seemed hard to compete with... that zebra."
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149388
149389
>>149387
"You need not compete with Cauldron," Iron succinctly answered before softly nuzzling Sands' cheek. "I chose to stay with you no matter what."
However, a sly smile soon crept up his lips before tenderly kissing the unicorn's cheek. "However," he playfully added "I do not mind if you try your best to match your view of her in my eyes. It is quite endearing."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149389
149390
>>149388
She smiles, at the nuzzling, clearly enjoying it. Though she likes the attention, particularly the kiss, she says in disbelief:

"And what do I do to match it? I'm already prettier, and I've helped you, or tried to help you beat griffins. What do I need?"
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149390
149391
>>149389
"Fulfilling your desires is a great start," Iron chimed in with a happy smile. "As your partner, it is my duty to make you the happiest mare you can be."
Such a bold statement was soon followed with resting his head next to hers with a content look. "And knowing I am doing my part to help you reach that fulfillment does wonders," he gingerly concluded.
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149391
149392
>>149390
“But don’t you see? My desire is that you love me.” She takes a leg, and places it over his body
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149392
149393
>>149391
"You also desire to be loved by your family, too," Iron happily pointed out in turn.. "Love lasts forever when we both help ourselves grow together."
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149393
149394
>>149392
“Yes.” She says, the smile fading

“I suppose it does… how do we do that?”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149394
149395
>>149393
"Did we not discuss about what we can do to finally live up to your family's expectations?" Iron presented in turn. "I am sure such a path will prove quite fruitful while it still stands."
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149395
149396
>>149394
“But what… what do we do, exactly? I think you said something about a potion business.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149396
149397
>>149395
"Indeed I did," Iron replied with a swift nod. "Cauldron is quite the potion maker, so I believe she will rake in a lot of money with enough investment and advertising. It should prove a great way to improve our living conditions and bolster both your spirits."
Soon enough, however, he turned pensive, reminding himself of the small bicker. "That does mean you will have to bond with Cauldron," he added with a hint of trepidation "and also spread the word of a new up and coming potion maker."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149397
149398
>>149396
"Money?" Her face lights up

"But.. spread the word? And... bond?"
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149398
149399
>>149397
"For the first part," Iron soon continued, turning more analytical than usual "it is mainly to entice customers into buying her potions. We should probably speak with Cauldron about it later in more detail."
With that taken care of, he soon turned to Sands with a small tilt of his head. "You do not need to kiss her hooves or anything like that," he quickly shut down just in case. "Try to establish a functional work relationship with her. That is pretty much it."
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149399
149400
>>149398
“So, partners in a business?” She says. “That’s what all theee of us are together? Potion makers?”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149400
149401
>>149399
"It can be that to start," Iron agreed with a nod "but I do want it to go past that... by a lot."
His gaze soon turned dreamy, reminding himself of the previous night where he could cuddle both him and Sands from both sides. A longing smile soon spread to his lips at the reimagining, approving of his own daydreaming.
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149401
149402
>>149400
“To what?” She asks, looking upwards to him
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149402
149403
>>149401
Iron's eyes averted slightly, reminding himself that his own desires were rather hard to achieve in this society. "I do wish to show my love to both you and Cauldron without fear of hiding it to either one of you," he reluctantly admitted, almost expecting another possible sign of disapproval.
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149403
149404
>>149402
“You really do love that zebra. This, ‘Black Cauldron’.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149404
149405
>>149403
Iron nodded softly in turn without another word, still a bit bashful over the reveal he frankly had already done.
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149405
149406
>>149404
“But you… you love me?”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149406
149407
>>149405
Iron nods once again, glancing back at Sands as if he expected her to say he didn't really.
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149407
149408
>>149406
“Give me a sign” she says
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149408
149409
>>149407
"I... do not know how I can do that right now," Iron reluctantly admitted before looking back at Sands with bountiful will "but I promise you I will be the stallion you can be proud of no matter what it takes."
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149409
149410
>>149408
“I don’t want to be proud of you. I want to be wanted.” She says, turning over onto her side, exposing her belly to him.
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149410
149411
>>149409
Iron spared a glance down at the exposed belly with a bit of concern, surprised to hear her dismiss his earnest attempt to validate her. "Feel wanted?" he asked in turn. "Is striving for your success not equal to feeling wanted?"
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149411
149412
>>149410
“Well, it is, it’s just a little… well, you want a child to do well. You want to own a lover. Merge with her. Spend every waking moment with her. It’s a bit different.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149412
149413
>>149411
"Own them?" Iron uttered back, not quite grasping what Sands meant with that statement.
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149413
149414
>>149412
“Well, I mean…” her eyes looks upwards around the room as if searching.

“Want them to be yours.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149414
149415
>>149413
Iron's puzzlement only grew at the statement, starting to feel lost again.
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149415
149416
>>149414
She gives a small laugh, and opens her forelegs

“Cuddle me, you fool.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149416
149417
>>149415
Iron blinked once before cracking a smile. He soon wrapped his forelegs around Sands once again with renewed vigor and submerged himself inside her plump chestfluff.
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149417
149418
>>149416
squeak

White Sands may have received more than she anticipated. The mare, though much smaller than Iron, has longer, softer fur that is pleasant to the touch, even if it does smell like pennies and anti-biotics. She is content to be enveloped by him, and places her muzzle on his fur.
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149418
149419
>>149417
Iron breathed contently onto Sands, gently stroking her back up and down for a bit with his forelegs as he poured his love out from big heart onto the mare's own.
I might as well enjoy the moment until Cauldron gets here, he softly thought to himself. I have this feeling she might need me for something today.
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149419
149420
>>149418
purr

The mare purrs in his grasp. She lays there contentedly with her eyes closed for what must be several minutes.
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149420
149421
>>149419
All the while, Iron made sure Sands felt as wanted as possible with his foreleg, giving her only the best stroking and mane combing he could feasibly do.
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149421
149422
>>149420
Her mane - though frizzled and in areas, tangled, after the events of the last day - is still long and smooth, pleasant to touch.

She lets him go on like this for a while, and then says,
“You’re welcome for last night.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149422
149423
>>149421
Iron's left ear swiveled at the comment, causing him to finally get his head off her chest with a questioning look. "What for?" he innocently asked the unicorn mare in question.
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149423
149424
>>149422
“For making you look good in front of the zebra.” She says.

“She’s onviously interested in you, but ponies don’t prize what they can have at any time, if they want. With me being there, and acting interested in you - pretty young white unicorn pony mare that I am, you look more desirable to her. And more to the point, she has to take you now or maybe lose you.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149424
149425
>>149423
"Huh?" Iron uttered, somewhat shocked to hear Sands' words. "How long did you know she was into me?"
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149425
149426
>>149424
“I could hear what you two were doing together. It was pretty obvious. She was into you.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149426
149427
>>149425
"L-like what?" Iron uttered, curious as to what Sands saw that made her realize Cauldron was into him.
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149427
149428
>>149426
She smiles, showing teeth
“Hehehe, don’t worry about it. The point is she’ll want you more, and want you now, if a pretty mare may take you instead.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149428
149429
>>149427
Iron's mouth was still slightly agape from the big reveal, remaining in astonished silence for a good while as he stared up at the Marechiavellian unicorn proudly smiling at such adept social manipulation. He couldn't believe Sands had done such a pivotal act, almost to the point of slightly doubting if Cauldron really desired him as much as he thought right now.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149429
149430
>>149428
"Even if she did leave you blue-balled last night." She adds playfully
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149430
149431
>>149429
"Blue...balled?" Iron gasped out, cuirosity sparking once again.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149431
149432
>>149430
"Heh" She again giggles.

"She did not have sex with you."
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149432
149433
>>149431
"Oh," Iron muttered, fully understanding where Sands was coming from. "It is not a big deal. She might have gotten too much responsibilities on her hooves to really go for it."
Regardless of his platitudes, he was a bit bummed out over it.
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149433
149434
>>149432
“Uh huh.” She tilts her head with a doubting expression

“But because of that, you doubt whether she’s really yours.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149434
149435
>>149433
"I would not say that," Iron denied with a shake of his head. "I am more worried that by fully comitting to it, she may find herself at her limit by taking care of the future foals."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149435
149436
>>149434
"You can have sex without risking pregnancy" She says
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149436
149437
>>149435
"You mean by using her mouth?" Iron asked in turn, not fully convinced at the presumed suggestion.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149437
149438
>>149436
"No. Well yes, but I mean by just pulling out before you orgasm, or by using a condom. Or just have sex when she's not on her cycle."
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149438
149439
>>149437
"Those sound pretty risky," Iron commented, not too sure to risk jumping the gun with these alien concepts of birth control. "I doubt I can pull out, or know when she's on her heat cycle, or what even these 'condoms' are."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149439
149440
>>149438
She says
"So long as you don't get any semen inside her, pulling out will work. And condoms keep any from getting inside as well, so long as they don't break. As for cycles, she'll know."
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149440
149441
>>149439
"Why should I play with fire like that?" Iron answered in turn, getting more unsure by the minute. "I can always cuddle or tickle that pink nub with my tongue. The last thing I want is Cauldron being unable to properly secure her dream job due to motherhood."
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149441
149442
>>149440
She shrugs.

“If you don’t want to, then don’t.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149442
149443
>>149441
Iron couldn't help but pout a little at the dismissive answer, yet simply exhaled and opted instead to just continue the cuddling with Sands for the time being.
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149443
149444
>>149442
With a hoof, she pets his back
I however, will receive you.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149444
149445
>>149443
The pat on the back suddenly reminded Iron that Sands was a mare, too, soon looking back at her with a bit of concern. "Speaking of receiving," he prefaced it with a tinge of concern "are you going to start trying for foals after this?"
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149445
149446
>>149444
“‘After this’?” She asks
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149446
149447
>>149445
"I did say I would accept responsibility, after all," Iron soon added with a sheepish smile. "Perhaps you thought it expired after some time or something like that."
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149447
149448
>>149446
“If the seed has already taken root… it’ll be another eleven months.” She says
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149448
149449
>>149447
"Eleven months?" Iron asked in astonishment as he reeled back his head a bit. "Does it really take that long?"
Anonymous
3572cf0
?
No.149449
149450
>>149448
She nods.
“Yes. It takes that long.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149450
149452
>>149449
"Huh..." Iron muttered, turning pensive. "So that is why couples try for foals many times..."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149452
149453
>>149450
“I mean… it takes that long until birth when there is a pregnancy. Foaling is hit or miss. A mare is not guaranteed to become pregnant under even the best of conditions.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149453
149454
>>149452
Iron nodded further, thinking he got the gist of it. "That means I will have to go at it for more times than I do now to be as sure as possible it takes place," he concluded "got it."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149454
149455
>>149453
“You’ll know what there is a pregnancy.” She says, then smiles,

“But yes. Many more times.”
Looking up at him slyly
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149455
149456
>>149454
Iron nodded a couple more times before humming softly in deep thought. "...would your family be proud of you having foals?" he not-so-casually inquired.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149456
149457
>>149455
"Y-yes." She says, sharply
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149457
149458
>>149456
"Even if your social standing could be better?" Iron followed up as a hoof soon trailed to her cheek while he stared at the unicorn into her eyes.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149458
149459
>>149457
"Well... the higher the social standing of the stallion, the better."
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149459
149460
>>149458
"Then it seems I must really work on displaying such standing to ensure your family is extra proud, then," Iron concluded with a small smile.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149460
149461
>>149459
She smiles back
"Yes, that's... that's the spirit."
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149461
149462
>>149460
Wrapping his other hoof around the back of Sands' head, Iron soon shuffled his position so that his snout was inches away from hers, breathing lightly brushing against the unicorn's coat hairs as he soon smiled along with her. "We will show them just how worthy you really are," he softly yet confidently whispered to his mare.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149462
149463
>>149461
She locks her green eyes into his, and smiles
"Hehehehehe"
She lies relaxed in his embrace, letting Iron move her as he wills.
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149463
149464
>>149462
And with that, Iron soon leans into Sands to plant his lips against hers in a tender display of the affection she had craved for a while.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149464
149465
>>149463
Only when it is clear that Iron has made the first move does she herself move, tilting her head to gently lock lips with his, and placing her forelegs on his sides.
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149465
149466
>>149464
Iron didn't do much else aside from enjoying Sands' lips on his, gently breathing in and out as his forelegs tenderly brushed her mane up and down in a soothing rhythm.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149466
149467
>>149465
Sands, however, tilts her head, opens her mouth wider, and starts to place her tongue in his mouth.
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149467
149468
>>149466
Iron allows it, carefully dancing along Sands' invading tongue at her tempo, always trying to go slow and enjoy the more romantic moment.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149468
149469
>>149467
She briefly invades, and then recedes, keeping pace. Her lips are thin, but certainly soft, and she makes slow movements reciprocating his.
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149469
149470
>>149468
Iron's heart couldn't help but swell a little at Sands' restraint, happy to see her reciprocating the mood he had crafted but feeling she wanted a lot more than he really wanted for the time being.
Nevertheless, he simply stayed like this, lovingly making out with Sands until she was fully satisfied or somepony decided to interrupt the moment.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149470
149471
>>149469
It's probably three minutes, but she pulls away, looking at him.
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149471
149472
>>149470
Thus, Iron pulls back as well, flashing a lovedrunk smile from the rather tame makeout session they had just experienced. "Feeling any better?" he breathed out, the satisfaction apparent in his voice.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149472
149473
>>149471
"I thought you wanted to try?" She says
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149473
149474
>>149472
"I would rather ask Cauldron for permission first before messing up her furniture," Iron sheepishly admitted. "You won't be able to catch all of it with your lower mouth."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149474
149475
>>149473
She starts a smile, and then moves to a scowl.
“Don’t tell her! That will piss her off.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149475
149476
>>149474
"That is what I mean," Iron replied soon after. "She will most likely smell me if I were to try with you here."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149476
149477
>>149475
She scrunches.
“Alright.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149477
149478
>>149476
"Surely you did not think she would not notice the smell of sex in her bedroom, right?" Iron presented, almost wondering if her desire to become a proud member of her family had blinded her just a bit. "Cauldron is quite perceptive."
With that being said, however, he soon started to slide out of bed in order to get back on his feet before quickly checking if he had bits in his pocket still. "Besides," he added with a smirk "I'm sure you would like something a lot more fancy than this."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149478
149479
>>149477
She continues scrunching. After a minute, she says,

“The hotel room was nice.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149479
149480
>>149478
"Nice is not going to cut it this time," Iron boldly proclaimed before hopping off the bed with a confident strut. "We are gonna look for the best hotel room for today."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149480
149481
>>149479
She smiles s little more brightly, and gets off the bed
“Some day, you should get a house.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149481
149482 149487
>>149480
"It is in my to-do list items to get," Iron agreed with a happy nod "mostly for you."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149482
149483 149487
>>149481
She smiles back, and then turns away, leaving the room and line of sight
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149483
149484
>>149482
Iron first ensured his leather belt was properly set before checking his bit pouch a second time with more of a frown: He may need to get some extra money to ensure he could buy Sands the best time of her life... for now.
I sure hope Cauldron is using all the money I invested in her wisely, he half-hoped before slowly walking towards the bedroom's exit.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149484
149486
>>149483
White Sands is busy setting water to boil on a stove in a tea pot.
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149486
>>149484
At least she got some of her appetite back, Iron mused to himself with a proud smile.
Following that, he soon walked over to where Sands was making tea, silently watching her in rapt interest in the offchance he could be the one to do it for her as a friendly gesture later on.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149487
149488
>>149481
>>149482
The door opens, and Black Cauldron enters, wearing a jacket. She quickly turns her head and sees the two in the kitchen.

"Oh. Iron. You're up. And still here."
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149488
149489
>>149487
Iron nodded before trotting over to Cauldron and giving her a warm, welcoming hug. "Welcome back," he greeted.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149489
149490
>>149488
She doesn't seem to have expected the hug, but accepts it all the same. Her fur is course and short.

"Hello. Are you feeling better?"
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149490
149491
>>149489
"I am," Iron confirmed with an energetic nod before backing off back to foreleg's lengths and flashing a thankful smile "thanks to you and Sands."
With that little compliment streak done, he'd soon walk back to where Sands was preparing the water to see how it was done once again, hoping he didn't miss anything.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149491
149492
>>149490
She watches the flames under the teapot, evidently still waiting for it to boil.

Black Cauldron:
“Good. Those Ginoviccis are still out there. And they will try to look for us.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149492
149493
>>149491
"Are they also looking for you now?" Iron inquired with a glance at Cauldron, trying his best not to lose focus on the tea making process.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149493
149494
>>149492
"I don't believe so. Just you two. But they could associate it with all of us, and start a turf war."
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149494
149495
>>149493
Thus, the native simply nodded, thankful it wasn't personal at the very least. "I will be ready to face them before they get any ideas," he confidently declared to Cauldron.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149495
149496
>>149494
“They already have ideas, I am sure. I don’t know if they will want to venture into the city. But they will be looking for you. And they will be ready for when you come to them.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149496
149497
>>149495
Iron nodded once again, taking a deep breath to steel himself for the soon-to-be battle to decide the fate of him and the ones he cares about.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149497
149498
>>149496
"Iron" she turns her eyes towards White Sands, and then back to Iron.
"Can we talk in private for a minute?"
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149498
149499
>>149497
Iron's ears swiveled at the request, making him turn towards Cauldron before walking over to her. "Sure," he answered with a hint of confusion.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149499
149500
>>149498
She looks again to Sands, moves with Iron to the bedroom, looks back suspiciously at Sands, closes and locks the door, and then moves into the bedroom on the other side of the bed, looking suspiciously at the door. In a low whisper she says

"Iron..." She looks into his eyes with seriousness
"Do you want to become an Associate?"
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149500
149501
>>149499
Oh! She must mean something about fully entering the gang proper if we're pulling ranks like that!
"Remind me what's an Associate, first," he'd whisper back to Cauldron just to make sure that was her intention.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149501
149502
>>149500
"It's the lowest level of our organization." She says

"You help make money for the organization. And in return, they offer... we offer, protection. Fraternity."
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149502
149503
>>149501
"If it means I can reduce your workload and focus on your dream job, I will definitely become an Associate for you," Iron soon whispered back with a winning smile.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149503
149504
>>149502
“That’s not…” she looks away, then back to Iron.

“It’s not about me. I will be above you in the organization, yes. But it is not about loyalty to me, nor am I at the top. It is about the organization. The syndicate.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149504
149505
>>149503
Iron's smile faded just a little bit at Cauldron's reply, almost feeling like there was something off about this ordeal. Nevertheless, he nodded once. "I will not betray the organization at any point," he soon confirmed to Cauldron. "You have my word."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149505
149506
>>149504
“Let’s… well, let’s ease you into it. Maybe it’s better that you not officially be a part of it, so long as you have this problem with the Ginovicci’s. For now, let’s do specific jobs for them. Iron, you know you have to tackle these griffins, right?”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149506
149507
>>149505
Iron simply nods to confirm that is indeed his duty.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149507
149508
>>149506
“Alright, well…” she looks away.

“There is a job that would make money. And get you out of the city for the day. Far away from where the Ginovicci would ever look for you.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149508
149510
>>149507
Iron softly tilts his head to the side, puzzled at the sidetrack, but patiently waited for Cauldron to continue explaining the situation.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149510
149511
>>149508
"We received a tip that out in the mountains, there is an abandoned mine where a load of quicksilver was lost sometime last century. There wasn't that much effort to retrieve it back then but now, with the war time shortages, the price has more than doubled. A flash flood has uncovered it, supposedly. We just have to collect it, bring it back, and sell it."
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149511
149512
>>149510
"We will not be the only ones going for it, will we?" Iron muttered, already feeling there will be a lot of ponies gunning for this tip.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149512
149513
>>149511
“That… depends on who else knows. It’s a bit remote, and harder to get to, especially with travel around the countryside restricted. And the wildlife… it’s also really heavy, and may be hard to carry back.” She smiles. “That’s why we need your muscles.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149513
149514
>>149512
Iron couldn't help but stifle a chuckle at the role he had to play. "I see," he answered softly with a nod. "I can definitely do that."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149514
149515
>>149513
“It’s, well, it’s a bit out of the way. It’ll take much of the morning to get there, and at best, we won’t be back until the night.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149515
149516
>>149514
Iron hummed softly, soon poking the tip of his chin in thought for a second: Sands may not have the chance to properly have her fill, meaning she'll have to wait a day at the very least. However, he barely had any money and this would prove to be a good way to show Cauldron he was perfectly capable of ending this little feud considering all the dangers. Needless to say, he was easy to convince in that regard.
"It will be fine," he answered with a nod. "It will not eat much of my time."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149516
149517 149518
>>149515
“As I said, there’s quite a bit of it up there. And it’s gone up drastically in value since they use it in making munitions, or something. It’s potentially very profitable.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149517
149518 149521
>>149516
Iron smirks softly at Cauldron's added incentive, simply patting her on the shoulder. "I accept the terms," he concluded with a nod. "Who else is coming along?"
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149518
149519 149520
>>149516
>>149517
Henlo
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149519
149522
>>149518
Hi

>>149268
June seems to want to hear more about how Solar Night came to his current political understanding, and where he stands now
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149520
149528
>>149518
Hoi
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149521
149559
>>149517
"I'm not sure right now. Certainly you and I" She answers
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149522
149523
>>149519
"Well thats a very long story. got time to listen?"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149523
149524
>>149522
“I’ve got a little time.” He says
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149524
149525
>>149523
"Well as i said,My brother would let me read with him. he was a SocDem. he would read books and pamphlets for hours."
He smiles recalling the memories of his actual brother
"But as i said, they weren't inclusive enough for my tastes."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149525
149526
>>149524
“Not inclusive enough?” He asks
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149526
149527
>>149525
He chuckles
"Yea thats right. they only seem to care about their own. they are basically fascist,i have came to learn."
He scowls after this statement.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149527
149529
>>149526
He pauses
“Why do you say that?”
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149528
>>149520
i didnt mean to interrupt
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149529
149531
>>149527
Dark Star(Solar night) cocks his head to the side
"What do you mean? isnt it self evident?"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149531
149532
>>149529
“I want to hear why you think it.”
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149532
149533
>>149531
"Have you ever heard of any creature,that's not a pony of some sort being able to run for office with the social democrats? i Haven't. They Claim to represent Every Creature but they only care about the weight of their bit pouches"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149533
149534
>>149532
He nods his head
“Go on.”
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149534
149535
>>149533
"About the social democrats? Ok. Well i've seen them turn away. Minotaurs and griffins from positions of power. simply because they aren't ponies."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149535
149536
>>149534
He nods
"Is it the rights of the non-ponies you are most concerned about?"
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149536
149537
>>149535
"Of Course. they are the most oppressed under the current regime."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149537
149538
>>149536
He nods, taking it in

"Well, you came to the right place. Baltimare isn't quite as diverse as Manehattan, but it's the most diverse place in South East Equestria, and it has the greatest class consciousness. And Jim Haykins in particular will teach you a lot about political theory. But let me tell you, it's not just a theory here. We put our beliefs into practice, and we believe politics is a very practical topic here."
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149538
149645
>>149537
"Jim haykins sounds like paradise. I Think i'm gonna like it hear a lot."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
35b1269
?
No.149551
149552
(You) are a cute pony
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149552
>>149551
gasp
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149553
149554
>>149364
Technically... the party was working for the Blackhooves when they investigated Comte with agent Skies being there, and the Hoebuck, raid, while not done through the Blackhooves's State Security Administration, was done by a different part of the federal government

"Are you sure? Because this is how they would do it. If they wanted to clear the region."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
afea8a8
?
No.149554
149555
>>149553
shrugs

"Maybe, but they would have to send in troops to clear out most entrenched of rural families."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149555
149556
>>149554
"Yes! Exactly! And then they'll send them here to Baltimare."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
afea8a8
?
No.149556
149557
>>149555
"Where those very angry and vengeful ponies are more likely to meet up with resistance groups in city, have their anger galvanized, and cause even more trouble for government than if they were left alone."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149557
149558
>>149556
"Yes. That's what we need to be prepared for."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
afea8a8
?
No.149558
149643
>>149557
"Either way, I am not so sure that Black Hooves are interested in anything more than making sure that we do not actively revolt. If I were them, I would be trying to better things in order to actually build loyalty. You cannot just stab country in back during war, call yourselves 'Saviors of Ponykind', and expect loyalty without doing something to earn it."
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149559
149665
>>149521
Iron hums softly for a bit, thinking about his options. "...will we need some sort of guide or more hooves to carry other essentials?" he inquired instead. "Is it better to keep the team as small as possible?"
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149619
149628 149643
I have been busy, but things might calm down soon to get back to playing.
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149628
149643
>>149619
Soon… hopefully
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149643
149644 149664
>>149628
>>149619
Soon

>>149558
"Yeah..." Clipping sits down on the couch, looking unsure of himself
Silver "The Floof" Sword
05a3122
?
No.149644
149731
>>149643
Silver goes over, and gives him a reassuring pat on the back.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149645
149661
>>149538
"Paradise? Ha! Far from paradise. There is so much more that can be improved, in the professors, the administrators... even the students. But let me tell you. Paradise is not far off. The creatures of the world are starting to wake. And the steps that will take us to that paradise, or as near as we can make it? That is being planned here. Forged here. I know creatures who were involved in the uprising of last September. I've spoken to them at length about what happened, and what must happen next time."

His eyes light up

"Yes, it failed. They were prepared, we were not. But they are weaker now, with their wars of imperialism. And we will be prepared. Our great mistake in September was reacting to the Fascists, reacting to their closure of the Unions. Can you believe that? Reacting to Reacionaries? When we, the next generation, should be the movers of history? Not again.

The Unions are gone, it is true, and with them ended the first great mobilizing organization of the working class. But the great movers of the Revolution were not arrested - not most of them anyways - and more are being created everyday. They just moved into hiding. And when the time is right, we will rise again. And when we do, we will find ourselves freed from all constraints of Princess, Master, Landlord, or antiquarian morality. We will be free to find fraternity with all feeling creatures, with no bounds of class, nation, or species, and free to pursue all manner of happiness in this, our one and only life. Do you understand what can be won? Do you understand what is to be done?"

He pauses for a moment, enraptured by his own words:
"No. I don't think you do. But if you want to know, well, you came to the right place."

He stands up, still looking at Dark Star, placing a hoof up on the chair next to him.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bab6c91
?
No.149653
floofy floof noises
Anonymous
220d6f3
?
No.149661
149662
>>149645
“Wow that was quite the speech. You’re very good at that. It’s frankly amazing. You said you actually know some of the creatures that rose up? Incredible! You’re right I don’t know too much but I would love to know more.”
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149662
149808
>>149661
When June arrived and sat down on the chair across from Dark Star, Lunar Nadir leaned over Solar Night with both forelegs wrapped around his neck and shoulders, and with her head and chin firmly pressed into his back. Her wings have eased away from her body, and fall down, as if failing to fold properly. Yet despite Nadir's thorough invasion of Solar Night's personal space, June does not look at her, nor take any notice of her, nor aim his eyes anywhere save at the eyes of this newcomer, Solar Night. Just before June's last speech, Nadir becomes aware of her now physical clinginess, and backs off of Solar Night, sitting uprising, and allowing a foot and a half between them. Yet even this movement does not draw June's attention, and Dark Star may be forgiven if he believes Lunar Nadir to be a just a hallucination shared by himself and Mars Loaf, albeit a very persistent hallucination, and one he can feel and touch, and be felt and touched in turn.

June smiles, and pulls his head back in triumph. For a moment it seems as if he's been knocked off kilter, or perhaps the alcohol has finally truly set in. But he lowers his head back and regains his composure.

"Oh yes. I know much, and if you are willing, so shall you in time. We will do much."
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149664
149665
>>149643
Spark was last after a possible changeling, but he got away.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149665
149666 149667
>>149664
The last post is >>149190, which is "[the stallion] runs some ways down, until the sidewalk meets a street"

>>149559
She answers,
"I'm not sure. It's an area I've never been to, and where it may be easy to get lost. Anypony who joins the group will definitely want a share, and may also be a potential traitor. We definitely need as much strength as possible to carry things out."
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149666
149668
>>149665
I had thought last time we got to where the stallion ran behind a building.
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149667
149668
>>149665
Iron hummed softly, wondering himself if he had such a thing: Even after his positive experiences after his big failure, he was a quite queasy over inviting Sands along in case she got hurt again for his sake.
Quickly shaking his head, he looked back to Cauldron with a tinge of curiosity. "Do you have a pony who would be interested and is trustworthy enough?" he tentatively prodded.
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149668
149669 149671
>>149666
Correct. He’s gone down another walkway, and out of line of sight.

>>149667
“That depends… we could invite the creature who first gave the tip. He’ll probably want a share, and we don’t know him well. We could bring another associate from the Syndicate. He’d be trustworthy, but he wouldn’t necessarily know anything about the area. And then we could bring one of your friends…”
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149669
149670
>>149668
I suppose Spark will now retreat back to his friends now that the spies have their cover blown.
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149670
149672
>>149669
Spark goes south(?), and then west, past apartments, and into a fenced lot where all of the creatures wait in the truck

“Where you followed?” Makade asks
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149671
149673
>>149668
"One of my friends?" Iron asked with a tilt of his head.
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149672
149676
>>149670
"I was for a bit, but he ran off. I think we best hurry or they will catch back up."
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149673
149674
>>149671
“You know. One of your ponies you work with.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149674
149675
>>149673
"You mean Sands?" Iron asked in tow, unsure of what Cauldron was implying.
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149675
149678
>>149674
“Well, she could be one of them, yes. I meant the ones you do… ‘business’ with.”
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149676
149677
>>149672
Ply Press:
“I agree.” He starts the truck, and drives off and away from the location.
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149677
149679
>>149676
I assume he waited for Spark to get inside.
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149678
149679
>>149675
Iron blinked once before shaking his head. "I doubt those ponies can be trusted with this," he replied in turn before turning pensive. "...maybe Sands can be trusted?"
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149679
149680 149681
>>149677
Yes. With Spark needing to get inside for it to be easy to talk yo him, though speaking through an open driver’s side window is possible. Wellspring has hidden herself in the back.

>>149678
She blinks
“I’ve asked this before, but… who is she? Is she some rescue project of yours? Are you trying to take her as an apprentice. Is she a” she whispers the next part “lover?”
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149680
149682
>>149679
Spark rides along.
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149681
149682
>>149679
"I think she will be a valuable asset in order to spread the word of your business," Iron replied as succinctly as he could. "She is quite charismatic."
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149682
149683 149684
>>149680
But where is Spark going?

>>149681
“So that’s what you want to do with her? Hire her into sales? Or advertising?”
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149683
149685
>>149682
I believe they are driving back to the house and from there, we can find out more about what Wellspring is wanting.
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149684
149685
>>149682
"Either works, really," Iron agreed with a nod.
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149685
149686 149693
>>149683
And so they wind their way through the city, ending up back at the house. Wellspring looks around variously before exiting with her bag, and hurrying into the house.

>>149684
“But what about today?” She asks
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149686
149687
>>149685
"As a travelling partner," Iron proposed instead with a nod. "I think she can shoot magic through her horn, so that could help."
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149687
149689
>>149686
“A unicorn might help.” She mumbles.
“I don’t know how much ‘magic’ is really helpful, but it couldn’t hurt I suppose.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149689
149690
>>149687
"We should probably ask her if she is willing to go into the jungle, though," Iron suggested with a bit of hesitation. "She strikes me as an adept concrete jungle dweller only."
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149690
149691
>>149689
“I suppose…” Cauldron says

“She does look a little soft. And delicate…”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149691
149692
>>149690
"She did jump in a fight when I was downed," Iron tentatively offered with a slightly sheepish smile. "That has to count for something, right?"
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149692
149695
>>149691
“Well…” she looks down to the floor.”

“Yes. That does count for something.”
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149693
149694
>>149685
Spark follows her.
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149694
149699
>>149693
She enters the living room, and returns to the couch. Petal and Waabishki are together in the kitchen, as the doctor and ply press enter. Makade follows Spark.
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149695
149696
>>149692
Iron is finally feeling a tinge of awkwardness at Cauldron's repeated utterance, causing him to start idly scritching his foreleg with a hoof.
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149696
149697
>>149695
She looks back up to Iron
“Is that all?”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149697
149698
>>149696
This caused Iron to raise his eyebrows in surprise. "All of what?" he asked in turn.
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149698
149701
>>149697
“Is that everyone you want to come?”
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149699
149700
>>149694
"Are you going to shed any light on your situation now?" he directs to Wellspring.
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149700
149702
>>149699
She looks up towards Spark with giant, open bright eyes, surprised by Spark’s question.

“Shed… what light?” She asks, trying to force her lips up over her teeth in a smile.
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149701
149703
>>149698
"I cannot think of anypony else that would be both trustworthy and useful to this task," Iron replied with a nod.
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149702
149703
>>149700
"You went back there really looking for just one or two particular items, one of which you have now. So it would be most helpful to know what is going on, especially since we are now being spied on by changelings."
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149703
149704 149708
>>149701
“If trustworthiness is your main concern, then yes. I could have one of my associates help. But I think I need them with money lending.”

>>149702
She looks up at him.

“Uh……”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149704
149705
>>149703
"I think us three would be enough," Iron tentatively proposed in turn, not overly sure himself.
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149705
149706
>>149704
“Well, I hope. But only you are especially strength. Snd we really will need all of your strength. You see, quicksilver is expensive. But it isn’t as valuable as gold, or even silver. It’ll be very heavy, and you’ll have to carry it through the jungle.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149706
149707
>>149705
Finally feeling back in his element, Iron soon puffed his chest out proudly as he confidently smiled towards Cauldron. "I can definitely carry a lot of stuff," he boldly proclaimed.
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149707
149709
>>149706
She raises an eyebrow.
“Across land? Up hills? While we are in possible danger? And this isn’t counting the fact that we may have to fish it out of the ravine in the first place.”
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149708
149710
>>149703
"If you want our help, you are going to want to tell us what you know."
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149709
149712
>>149707
Iron energetically nodded.
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149710
149711
>>149708
“Uh… uh…” she looks up, and then lowers her head, closing her eyes and lowering her ears flat to her head.

“Okay… I’ve… well, that one Changeling, that’s all true… but I’ve also become involved in… activities.”
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149711
149712
>>149710
"What do you mean?"
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149712
149713 149715
>>149711
She is silent for a moment, and after done silence answers:
“… Resistance.”

>>149709
“Well, let’s get ready. Expect more than a usual amount of danger.”
She walks around Iron to the door, opening it
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149713
149714
>>149712
Taking the opportunity to ease tensions by the tiniest bit, Iron quickly plants a swift, dry kiss on Cauldron's lips as she tried going around him. "I am sure we will pull through," he reassured her with a friendly smile.
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149714
149718
>>149713
Iron has to act fast, but there’s the narrowest opportunity as she walks past. And…

Iron succeeds, getting a quick taste of soft, black lips. Cauldron is surprised, jumping slightly and seemingly barking with most of a “Yip!” She quickly recovers, stops moving, smiles, blushes, and looks at Iron
“Heheheh.”
She starts to move past him again, though the end of her tail moves a little to the left, and rubs against Iron’s coat.
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149715
149716
>>149712
"Not exactly anything to hide from this odd bunch. We don't exactly look like rule followers. Care to go more into it?"
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149716
149717
>>149715
“I had some contact with ELF before that Changeling, and… I kind of thought that was why he was following me, for a while. Then I got more into it… I’m sure that’s why the other ones are following me now….”
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149717
149719
>>149716
"Alright. So you need us to drop you off at a spot for the ELF to pick you up or something?"
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149718
149719
>>149714
Satisfied with his efforts, Iron steps out of the way with a dumb smile by the smallest margin, allowing her to leave at the intense cost of slightly rubbing his coat against hers.
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149719
149720 149900
>>149717
“I don’t know if they’ll pick me up…” she answers.

“I should probably get away from here.”

>>149718
She nearly runs into him, moving around him, and walking to the door. But she turns her head, snd looks back to him with lidded eyes.
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149720
149721
>>149719
Iron couldn't help but chuckle a little bit before turning towards the door as well and following her squarely behind Cauldron at a foreleg's length distance.
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149721
149722
>>149720
Cauldron’s first move is to open the closet door opposite the bedroom door in the short hallway. From behind a cost, she starts to pull out the guns that were stashed there a few nights before.
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149722
149723
>>149721
Iron watches intently at the display, ready to swoop in and assist the moment he felt was right.
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149723
149724
>>149722
Probably, this is after the first one is taken out. Black Cauldron removes all three from the closet, and examines them more closely, taking them to the bed.
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149724
149725
>>149723
Iron, of course, follows Cauldron's lead and peers more closely at the weapons in display, wondering what she was thinking right now.
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149725
149726
>>149724
“So….” She says

“What do we need to take?”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149726
149727
>>149725
"We could go for two weapons," Iron proposed. "One for you and one for Sands if she agrees to come along."
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149727
149728
>>149726
She looks back to him
“And what about you? There could be real danger. Wildlife. Other ponies…”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149728
149729
>>149727
"I do not know how to use these things," Iron replied in turn as he pointed back at the firearms on the bed.
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149729
149730
>>149728
“If could just be worth teaching you” she says.

“Unless you want to use a hammer, or a hatchet. Even a shovel might work if it doesn’t break. Your hooves are fine, probably, against most ponies. But we could be facing creatures far more threatening than ponies. Ones you don’t really want to get close to.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149730
149737
>>149729
Iron couldn' help but grimace a little bit: His native pride was telling him that he shouldn't even consider using such technology in case he gets too used to its power, but the fact he was putting both of his mares in danger in this mission in the offchance he got knocked down again made him reconsider Cauldron's off this time around.
After a few seconds of silence, Iron sighed softly before nodding. "I can give the boomstick a try," he hesitantly offered in turn with a slight smile.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149731
149732
>>149644
He is pat, looking up at Silver

Mala walks over
"Should we... do something?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149732
149733
>>149731
"Oh. Uh. Right."

Silver finishes up with getting ready to go out, then meets back up with Mala in the living room.

"Ready to head out? We can trot until we can hail taxi."
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149733
149735
>>149732
“Yes, but… where are we going again?” He asks
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149735
149738
>>149733
"Few places. First is getting drinks for Jubilosa and Clip, then finding job for us, then if we have time meeting some ponies."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149737
149740
>>149730
She uses her hoof to move one of them forward. While each of the firearms is slightly different looking, they are all sort of just cylinders of grey and black metal attached to wood of various lengths, and no factor of appearance stands out to Iron as meaningful in one way or another. Black Cauldron says

"This one right here is a hunting rifle. Equestrian, I think. It'll fire a medium sized bullet a good range. Operate the action by moving the lever. There are seven shots in total, reload by placing a cartridge though the side. It's kind of a medium length, maybe a little easier to hide, but still very long.

To demonstrate this, she places the rifle on the end of the bed, and with her right hoof, cocks the lever. Notably, she has to rest the fore of the rifle on the bed, as it isn't really easily operated with a single leg. She moves another forward.

"This one here, I think is an older Equestrian military rifle. Or maybe it was Zebrican. I don't really know. It's also operated with a lever, but it's a single shot. You pull the lever down, and place a cartridge in there."
She physically does this, again needing to prop it against the bed.

"It fires a very large bullet, kind of slowly. Decent power. This one is also a carbine. It's shorter, easier to hide."

She picks up another with her foreleg, bringing it beside her.

"This is, I think, a Griffin military rifle from like fifty years ago. Turn the bolt handle up, then back, then forward, then down. Reload it by placing a clip... that may be harder to show you, actually. But it'll hold five rounds, and you can reload it with a clip. As you can see, it's the largest and longest of all of these guns, but it also shoots the furthest, and fires the fastest bullet. It'll be hard to conceal though. Oh. And for all of these, lift the rifle." She does this, as she did the same with the bolt "Look down the sights like so... and pull the trigger." click "To bring death to your enemy. Unless that enemy is something like a manticore. Then you probably just made it mad. Still though."

She places this last gun on the bed.
"As I think you've already gathered, none of these are really very easy to use for a quadruped who can't fly and doesn't have magic. You'd have to either have it on your side in a sling, use it prone, or prop it up on something. These are also extremely loud, and the Fascists really don't like ponies having these things... not that the old government or Baltimare allowed it either, but still it's the kind of thing not to be caught with. But I think at least one probably needs to come with us.

If you'd prefer, you can carry a hatchet, a shovel, or even a hammer. We'll probably need to carry most of those things anyways, just because of the work that needs to be done. Just be aware, there could be things stronger than you out there."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149738
149739
>>149735
"Oh!" Mala seems to light up

"That sounds like fun. What are we going to do with... those things we pulled out of the mud?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149739
149741
>>149738
"Nothing right now. Maybe we can find buyer for firearms, and in near future we can try to fix boat."

He scratches his chin.

"Hmm. Actually, how hard would it be to bring box of firearms with us? I have idea of who might want them."
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149740
149741
>>149737
Iron looked down at the three rifles in question with a blank expression, taking his sweet time trying to visualize himself using all three of these big hunks of explodey shooty metal thingies. "...so we are only bringing one of these long booms?" he absentmindedly uttered, still embroiled with such a complex set of choices to make.
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149741
149742 149746
>>149740
“We can take all of them, two of them, or one of them. Maybe even none. I just think you should know that that little unicorn friend of yours is probably not winning a hoof fight with a manticore. Even if her magic does let her use a lever better than we can…”

tl;dr on bang sticks:

Equestrian:
Seven shots, lever action
Intermediate caliber
Medium sized

Zebrican
Single shot, lever-breach
Big slow bullet
Medium-small

Griffonian:
Five shots, bolt action
Fast bullet
Long

Tools:
Hatchet
Shovel
Hammer(?)

“We can bring another of your friends, if you think we need the power.”

>>149739
“Uh… I don’t know. I don’t think we can just put them in the back if a taxi without someone asking questions.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149742
149743
>>149741
Iron nodded slightly as he carefully picked up the Griffonian rifle with a bit of thought. "...I think Sands should use this..." he muttered out loud, still piecing the puzzle pieces together.
Putting it back down soon after his decision, he walked over to the Equestrian rifle with a couple of pensive nods. "...this one would suit you best.." he continued as his gaze fell upon the Zebrican rifle "...and that one is best for me."

Having said that, however, he soon looked over at the tools in question, humming softly. "...stuff to cut is good," he agreed "and digging tools can help make makeshift shelter, traps or cover."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149743
149744
>>149742
"I think the Zebrican gun suits you. It takes probably the least knowledge to use, and it works best as a last resort, which is probably the only way you'd use a gun.

The Griffonian rifle, well, that little pretty unicorn has magic, so she'd be able to aim it. And I can't imagine she'd want to get close. But she's also..."
Black Cauldron seems to struggle to find the word for a moment. Sitting down, she brings one hoof over top of the other with a few inches between them, and places her hooves in front of her face, as if to show off the narrow space between her closing hooves

"small. That rifle is a bit big for her. And it's heavy on the fore end. As for the Equestrian gun"

She takes it off the bed and places it in her hooves

"It shoots fast, yes. Or at least it can. But it also has to be reloaded one bullet at a time. And this lever"

She opens the lever with a "clack," and notably the lever goes a decent portion of the distance to the ground

"It means that I can't shoot this gun while prone. That kind of limits my using it.

Oh. And I almost forgot. We should bring a machete."
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149744
149745
>>149743
Iron simply nodded in turn, feeling Cauldron's judgement to ring true all around. "Then Sands get that boomstick," he replied while pointing at the rifle she had on her hooves "and you take the longer metal shooter."
After declaring the change, he soon nodded once. "I trust that melee weapon will help," he added.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149745
149748
>>149744
"Well, really it's for harvesting bananas. Or in our case, clearing brush and plants. But yes, you can definitely use it as a weapon."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149746
149747
>>149741
"Well, I can still ask around. Ready to leave?"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149747
149764
>>149746
"Uh, sure" He says, moving forward towards Silver.

The radio cuts out again, with the following playing at a noticeably higher volume than the regular broadcast:

"We interrupt this program to bring you an update on the ongoing crisis in the Baltimare Governate. Shelter in place orders are in effect for Tenochtitlan, Saltmane, Saltlickingham, and surrounding jurisdictions. Rationing of diesel, gasoline, heating oil, kerosene, coal, and firewood is in effect through the district.

Civilians are advised to boil tap, river, and ground water before drinking it, or using it in the preparation of food. Use bottled water where possible. Be advised that power outages may occur. Non-essential government services have been suspended districtwide, including public education. Use of medical services is restricted to emergencies. Residents experiencing high fever, a severe headache, vertigo, black tongue, dark urine, or severe abdominal and chest pain, should seek medical help immediately.

The Governor has issued an order mandating the rationing of food and water throughout the district. Sunset has approved a request by the Governor suspending the exportation of any and all oil and refined fuels from the district.

Ponies, particularly those with military, law enforcement, or medical backgrounds, are asked to join in the District Militia.

Keep your radio on for more updates."

Jubilosa especially looks unnerved by this last broadcast
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149748
149749
>>149745
"Right," Iron uttered, vaguely recalling how the blade's sharpness can help in cutting different kinds of stuff. "Anything else we might be missing?"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149749
149750
>>149748
"Well, medical supplies. Probably some water, and definitely some rope and a few leather belts. But aside from that, the challenge will be getting the quicksilver back."
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149750
149751
>>149749
"You know how will I carry it?" Iron inquired with a pensive look.
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149751
149752
>>149750
“It’ll be in iron cylinders. Big ones. We’ll have to strap them to your sides or on your back. A cart would be better if possible.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149752
149753
>>149751
"Strapping them?"
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149753
149754
>>149752
“Held in place with leather straps and belts.” She says
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149754
149755
>>149753
Iron stared blankly at Cauldron for a second before a small grin started to form on his face. "I believe I will need a hooves-on demonstration," he coyly suggested.
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149755
149756
>>149754
Evidently not understanding Cauldron’s meaning, she says
“Well I don’t have one of those flasks here…”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149756
149757
>>149755
Iron's misguided attempt flopping so hard caused him to once again regain that puzzled look, feeling himself lost. "...maybe you can just show me how would you strap me without the flask?" he tentatively offered instead.
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149757
149758
>>149756
“Well, yes.”
She goes over to the closet, and brings out leather straps, and behind to wrap these around Iron’s barrel.

“You add these.” She tightens it. “And where you’d have a saddlebag, you have a cylinder. A heavy cylinder.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149758
149759
>>149757
Iron looked back at the new addition to his body, carefully craning his neck about just in case he wasn't allowed to move without making a mess. "How do I look?" he uttered out loud with the faintest hint of the small grin he wore previously.
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149759
149760
>>149758
“Hahaha, like a pack animal.”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149760
149761
>>149759
"I do pack some heavy stuff," Iron coyly replied in turn, feeling in the swing of things once again with a sly grin as he gingerly shook his body a bit to show it off.
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149761
149762
>>149760
She closes her lips as she smiles, in a look at once disturbed and humored. Then she starts laughing again.
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149762
149763
>>149761
Iron couldn't help himself but to laugh along with her after a while, glad to see his social chops were still working. Nevertheless, they could mingle further when they were ready.
"Should I ask Sands about the gig now or should we ready up first?" he soon presented with a satisified smile.
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149763
149766
>>149762
“You can talk to her now, if you want to bring her into this.” She says. “I need to ready a few more things.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149764
149765
>>149747
"It just keeps getting better and better, does it not?"

Even with his accent, the sarcasm in his voice is evident.
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149765
149773
>>149764
Jubilosa

“Suspended exports? They would never do that.”

Clip
“Maybe it’s a ruse?”

Khoi
“Then why announce it?”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149766
149767
>>149763
"Sounds good," Iron answered in tow before leaning in for another quick little kiss just to keep Cauldron on her toes.
No matter how successful it was, he'd soon walk out the bedroom door in order to approach the fluffy unicorn.
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149767
149768
>>149766
She smiles at the kiss, and probably would have accepted more. All the same, Iron finds Sands sitting at a chair, quickly turning her head to look towards Iron.
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149768
149769
>>149767
Trotting over to sit next to Sands, Iron turns to her with a smile. "This is a bit out of the blue," he prefaced his question with a sheepish smile "but what do you think of jungles?"
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149769
149770
>>149768
“Like… plants?”
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149770
149771
>>149769
"The whole environment," Iron clarified.
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149771
149772
>>149770
“I’ve… never been there.” She says
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149772
149774
>>149771
"Would you like to?" Iron suggested with a barely hidden hopeful tone.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149773
149774
>>149765
"Could be they wish to build up local government stockpile. If New Mareland were to ever send military expedition through here, they could make use of it."
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149774
149776 149777
>>149772
She tilts her head
Why?

>>149773
Paper Clipping grabs onto this
“Yeah! That could be why. Local stockpiles.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149776
149778
>>149774
"If this is case, it makes me wonder if they are preparing for military expedition. Modern militaries need much fuel and oil to operate."
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149777
149778
>>149774
"Well..." Iron trailed off as he twiddled the tips of his hooves together "I got a job to go into a wild jungle to retrieve heavy stuff."
Surely he needn't say more than that, considering he may still have the pack animal look to him.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149778
149779 149785
>>149776
"Yeah. Yeah!" Paper Clipping seems reassured by this, laying on his belly with his legs tucked under him. But Khoi retorts

"Then why give only a few hours for evacuation before changing it?"

>>149777
She scrunches
"Heavy stuff?"
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149779
149780
>>149778
"Yes," Iron replied with a overly dramatic nod. "Very heavy."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149780
149781
>>149779
"Like construction, or moving, or something?"
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149781
149782
>>149780
"Moving a big bag of minerals," Iron answered in turn.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149782
149783
>>149781
"And this involves me... how?" She asks
Anonymous
fcf22cf
?
No.149783
149784
>>149782
"Remember the wild part?" Iron answered in turn. "We might need a sizable group of ponies to ensure the moving takes place."
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149784
149819
>>149783
“But why move minerals?”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149785
149786
>>149778
"Perhaps they are using cover of storm, and confusion it will cause populace. Ponies are less likely to question changes like this if they come quickly, and there is catastrophie to act as smokescreen."
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149786
149787
>>149785
Paper Clipping:
“Yes! Exactly! What do we do to prepare?”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149787
149788
>>149786
"Well, there is not much we can do, perhaps except meeting and organizing with ponies. You will also need to build your strength up again, Clip."
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149788
149790
>>149787
“Well, I feel better now. We should organize, yes.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149790
149791
>>149788
"Well then, perhaps we should go to that one meeting we were told about sometime."
Anonymous
5da9263
?
No.149791
149792
>>149790
He tilts his head
“Meeting? What?”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149792
149793
>>149791
"You do not remember when you and I went out to city hall?"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149793
149794
>>149792
"Well, yes, a while back."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149794
149795
>>149793
"And you remember what that stallion said?"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149795
149861
>>149794
"Well, yes. Something about a meeting."
Anonymous
9590ca8
?
No.149808
149809
>>149662
“I’m willing to learn, and do what ever it takes to help everycreature.”
Anonymous
2833642
?
No.149809
149810
>>149808
He nods, smiling as if pleased

“You will know. For now, enjoy the party.” He begins to walk away, evidently moving to rejoin Mars Loaf and the scruffy stallion at the other side of the room.
Anonymous
9590ca8
?
No.149810
149812
>>149809
Dark Star watches June walk away, then stares off into the wall and contemplates what he meant by all of that.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149812
149813
>>149810
"You're an Earth Pony, right?"
The voice is Nadir's, and she speaks to him without him looking at her. She, however, looks at him.

"The earth ponies back at Gentle Stream weren't very kind to me, to us."

Two seconds pass, and she looks down, evidently regretting her statement.

"I don't meant that.. I mean, some were mean. What I mean is, I think I can understand what you meant about feeling different from the others in the countryside. It was different out there. Different there from here. What you said when you first arrived, I appreciate that. About how they aren't always accepting out there, and you are accepting. I like that..."
Anonymous
9590ca8
?
No.149813
149816
>>149812
He turns his attention to Her
“I’m sorry they weren’t very kind to you ms nadir. I realize it must have been very difficult for you.”
“I am different...”
He looks at the ground for a few seconds
“It’s very difficult and isolating to be so different from your peers,very difficult. I feel, felt very unaccepted at some points in my life,”
He recalls everything that has happened in his life up until now.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149816
149817
>>149813
"When I first saw you... you were wearing that trench coat. Thick, long, glasses, hat. It's colder, yes. Colder than it ever was back South. But it's not that cold. Not for you. You were hiding. I could see it. You felt different, so you hid a part of yourself from others. I would do the same thing. Seriously, the exact same thing. A trench coat to hide wings, a hat to hide ears. Just, you know, I didn't want to be seen. And to see you doing the same... I don't know. I saw you living through what I live through. An Equestrian earth pony from the countryside. I wouldn't have expected that."
Anonymous
9590ca8
?
No.149817
149818
>>149816
“It seems we are pretty similar then. It is very unexpected I know, I wouldn’t have expected this is the way my life would turn out either.”
He drinks from the beer.
Anonymous
2833642
?
No.149818
149820
>>149817
“Yeah…”
She looks down for a moment. The other ponies continue talking among themselves. June has his left foreleg overtop of Mars Loaf, who is content to be possessed by him, as StarCut holds his own yellow mare, and the short cut stallion holds the one unmet mare. Looking Lense says nothing, but remains somewhat nearby, attempting to be in the group.
Anonymous
a3b9192
?
No.149819
149821
>>149784
"Because they are valuable?" Iron tentatively proposed with a sheepish smile.
Anonymous
9590ca8
?
No.149820
149821
>>149818
“Well it’s not all bad. If it wasn’t like that then I would have never went down this road. I’m happy actually.I got to meet a friend.”
He looks at her
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149821
149822 149824
>>149819
"How... valuable are we talking about here?" She asks

"Is this like, day laborer work here, or what is going on?"

>>149820
She smiles. Whether by the alcohol intoxication, her emotional state, or some more persistent flaw in her form, her wings do not and have not remained closed for as long as Solar Night has been looking. Now, however, she spreads them a little further, raising the fingers of the midpoints of her wings upwards. The tufts at the end of her tall ears rise likewise.

"You really- you think so?"
Anonymous
a3b9192
?
No.149822
149823
>>149821
"Highly sought after for ponies that do not conform to common concrete jungle laws," Iron finally revealed with what he thought was a modicum of subtlety. "If I recall correctly, you had experience with that kind of thing."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149823
149827
>>149822
"What?" She shakes her head, and blinks

"You mean, on the black market?"
Anonymous
9590ca8
?
No.149824
149825
>>149821
“I do think so. I’m thankful to have been able to have met a good friend.”
He puts his hoof on her shoulder
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149825
149826
>>149824
She smiles, and says nothing, looking up at him, lowering her head slightly but raising the middle section of her wings. The coat on her shoulders is coarse and short.

That infernal zebra music ceases, and returns to a cheerier pony mare's singing some sort of love song.
Anonymous
9590ca8
?
No.149826
149828
>>149825
He moves his hoof
“So how long have you known everycreature here?”
He has a strange feeling in the pit of his stomach as the song comes on
Anonymous
a3b9192
?
No.149827
149828
>>149823
"...sure," Iron uttered, not too confident in his answer. "If it works out of ponice's eyes, then it might as well be."
Anonymous
2833642
?
No.149828
149829 149840
>>149826
Dark Star has heard the song before. Not in any serious context, just playing as he’s passed by a radio.

“I… I haven’t, really known everyone. Not for very long. But I’ve known Mars Loaf for a while now. About a year. She would buy food at the same store. I helped her carry groceries one day. She was friendly. This was in the tune just before the drive, when food and work became scare. During the war. Then when it began, I saw her again. We were together, hiding together, during the last battle. I’ve met June a few times since they met. That happened last semester. Not that long ago, maybe two months. These other ponies I’ve met a few times. I’ve visited the campus a few times, and I’ve met them off campus a few times.”

>>149827
“But… like how worth out while?” She tilts her head

“Is this to get away from the griffins?”
Anonymous
a3b9192
?
No.149829
149830
>>149828
"If I understood correctly," Iron answered with a pensive look "it was worth a tidy sum without risk of griffons trying to kill us."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149830
149831
>>149829
"I... if it gets us away from the griffins..." She looks down

"Money would be useful" She says
Anonymous
a3b9192
?
No.149831
149833
>>149830
Iron nodded softly. "I thought about the money, too," he added as he softly leaned against Sands with a warm smile. "How else are we going to get the perfect hotel room otherwise?"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149833
149834
>>149831
The small mare is pushed back slightly by Iron's greater weight.

She smiles back
"That'll be nice."

Her mouth returns to a more normal expression. Then a pleading expression:
"Maybe, a little something to send back?"
She looks up at him with big, green eyes.
Anonymous
a3b9192
?
No.149834
149835
>>149833
"To your family?" Iron quickly asks, mostly to be sure that's who she'll send it to.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149835
149836
>>149834
"Yes." she says, trying to move her head and neck towards Iron's fur, to press against him
Anonymous
a3b9192
?
No.149836
149837
>>149835
"How much are we talking about?" Iron soon inquired in turn with a softened look and a caring smile.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149837
149838
>>149836
"That's... She looks up, then to the side, then down, eventually settling her eyes back on him

"My question to you."
Anonymous
a3b9192
?
No.149838
149839
>>149837
"Then we will settle that when we know for sure what we will get," Iron answered in turn with a warm smile. "Is that alright with you?"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149839
149845
>>149838
"I'll get back to you on this." She says with a sort of mischievous smile
Anonymous
9590ca8
?
No.149840
149842
>>149828
He pats her on the back
“She only met June last semester? I would have guessed they had know each other for awhile.”
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149842
149844
>>149840
"Heh, no. Or maybe they have known each other longer? I don't know. They started dating last semester. June is a student at the Medical School. He's a legacy, since his father also went there."
Anonymous
9590ca8
?
No.149844
149846
>>149842
“Oh his dad went to school here? I didn’t know that. Do you know more?”
Anonymous
a3b9192
?
No.149845
149846
>>149839
Iron couldn't help but chuckle slightly at her retort before giving Sands a little nuzzle. "And I will make sure you do not forget," he playfully answered in turn.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149846
149847 149848
>>149844
"Yeah, well, his dad is a doctor in... Fillydelphia, I think? I'm not actually sure, but his father is a doctor. He sends him money. That's why he can afford this nice apartment. He's older, goes to the medical school here. He's really social. Really social. In several student groups. He knows many ponies, on and off of campus. He's dating Mars Loaf... I already told you that. He likes politics, as you can tell."

>>149845
She smiles, and closes her eyes at the nuzzle

"hehehe" she giggles
Anonymous
a3b9192
?
No.149847
149849
>>149846
Having done his part, Iron soon pulled back with a smile. "We will take some boomsticks for the journey," he informed the unicorn mare. "You know how to use them?"
Anonymous
9590ca8
?
No.149848
149849
>>149846
“Really social? How many friends does he have here? I like politics myself.”
Anonymous
2833642
?
No.149849
149850 149855
>>149848
“Oh, I don’t really know…” she has an awkward smile

“I don’t have… all that many. Here…” she turns her head up

“But I know he has many, and he’s pretty heavily involved in student politics. He claims to know ponies involved in the Unions.”

>>149847
”Boomstick?”

It takes her a while to understand
“Like, firearms? I know something” she says.
Anonymous
a3b9192
?
No.149850
149851
>>149849
Iron nodded a couple of times. "Good," he answered in turn before glancing back at the bedroom door, wondering how were the preparations going.
Anonymous
2833642
?
No.149851
149852
>>149850
Black Cauldron comes out, carrying a number of items. More than she can carry, really.
Anonymous
a3b9192
?
No.149852
149853
>>149851
With that obviously implied cue, Iron soon sprang forth and offer his pack animal services by bowing softly in front of Cauldron to let her choose what sort of stuff does she want to pass onto him.
Anonymous
2833642
?
No.149853
149854
>>149852
“Just a moment. Well… okay, water, a shovel, blankets… we need blankets. Hurry, the train leaves soon.”
Anonymous
a3b9192
?
No.149854
149858 149864
>>149853
Sensing Cauldron's mind being overly busy right now, Iron decides to simply take the initiative and take the heavy stuff off her back to lighten the load. Besides, he should still have the straps on him, right? Why not act the part, too?
Anonymous
9590ca8
?
No.149855
149857
>>149849
“Well you have one more now.”
He smiles at her
“In the unions wow! That so awesome. Has he said anything else?”
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149857
149859
>>149855
She smiles, and it's a smile that is almost accompanied by a laugh, as her lips move back and up, and show her teeth and fangs. But then her smile is removed, to a more neutral or even displeased expression.

"Yeah, he says a lot of things. Like, a lot of things. He claims that he was involved in the September rising somehow. Like, he carried a rifle, and helped build a barricade, or something. And then he bravely hid and buried the guns. Something about helping hide ponies, anyways, he claims to know ponies in the old political organizations. But that's just what he's said to me and Mars. He helps head some kind of student organization. He says it's for freedom of speech, and he has special access to news through sources. I don't know about all of that."

Nadir looks over, and noticably Mars and June have started making out, as have the short cut stallion and the mare, while Lense talks to the yellow mare and Star Cut.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149858
149865
>>149854
Basically, Iron just needs a big saddle bag, as does Cauldron. Cauldron is trying to hide the firearms in a bag, then in a sleeping bag, and spends a while trying to make the long items look as inconspicuous as possible.
Anonymous
9590ca8
?
No.149859
149860
>>149857
“Did I say something wrong?”
“Wow that’s so cool, June sounds like an amazing creature it’s so cool. Helping hide creatures from the fascists is the best thing you could do.”
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149860
149883 149940 149949
>>149859
"It's just-" Her right ear twitches, turns, and then flops down, as her eyes momentarily look away. Then she looks back to Solar Night and stares for a few seconds.

"Yeah, he is pretty amazing I guess. He's really nice, and really charming. I can see why Mars likes him."

Mars is showing how much he likes him over closer to the kitchen, and the short hallway that leads past the kitchen to the front door. The display of affection would be obnoxious in a different setting, and the couple is not alone, joined by the seemingly new couple of the short cut stallion and the mare Solar Night has not spoken to.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
ecf9073
?
No.149861
149904
>>149795
"Well, you and I could go to meeting and meet up with other ponies, and discuss these sudden changes."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149864
149865
>>149854
A shovel, a rifle, a set of blankets, a rifle, a set of leather belts... another rifle? Iron gets a set, and Cauldron gets the remainder, like medical supplies and the machete
Anonymous
07cc75f
?
No.149865
149866
>>149858
>>149864
If Iron could carry all that, he would gladly do so. Hopefully the contents were discreet enough to not be asked any intrusive questions by curious bystanders.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149866
149867
>>149865
Exactly why Iron is carrying so many overly long rolled up rugs, and so much leather and ropes, few can tell. But it's time for the ponies to go to the train station
Anonymous
07cc75f
?
No.149867
149868
>>149866
Iron was wholly prepared for this little adventure, standing proud with all the stuff he was carrying while awaiting Cauldron and Sands to be ready as well.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149868
149872
>>149867
Black Cauldron walks past Iron, and out the door
Anonymous
07cc75f
?
No.149872
149904
>>149868
Iron quickly follows along with Cauldron's pace, making sure the equipment on his back didn't try to slide off or spill just in case.
Anonymous
c606e13
?
No.149883
149884
>>149860
Henlo
Anonymous
bc015c5
?
No.149884
149939
CC825DA9-9F47-4AB8-BB05-39F137A4C5A3.jpeg
>>149883
Um….

Hi
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149888
There should be time to play tomorrow.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149889
Everypony in this thread is a qt
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149900
149904
>>149719
"It is best for you to stay with us if you don't have a ride."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149904
149905 149909 150077
>>149872
Black Cauldron hails and gets in a taxi, telling the driver not to mind the sleeping bag, what is totes a folding chair, blanket and bulging saddlebags and shovels, and asks for a short trip to a specific bar, and then the train station

>>149900
She stares at Spark for a moment, blinking, and then saying

"Okay, I'll do that. If you will, I mean...

>>149861
"Sure. Yeah. We could do that..." He is laying down on the couch, with his ears starting to fold down, and looking very much afraid.
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149905
149907
>>149904
"Once we are all set to return, we will be moving out of the city, which should make it easier to avoid trouble and locate a way back to your friends."
Anonymous
bc015c5
?
No.149907
149914
>>149905
She nods rapidly

“Yes, that sounds like what should be done. I need to get out of here.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149909
149910
>>149904
"What is wrong?"
Anonymous
bc015c5
?
No.149910
149911
A77A3023-8495-4B6C-9003-5B8A19364E75.jpeg
>>149909
“Wrong? Is something wrong?”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149911
149912
>>149910
"If your body language is anything to go by, yes."
Anonymous
bc015c5
?
No.149912
149918
>>149911
“Maybe… maybe a little” he says, tucking his legs under his body.
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149914
149915
>>149907
"Patience. We are all getting out of here."
Anonymous
bc015c5
?
No.149915
149916
>>149914
“Um, okay…” she says, laying down on the couch.
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149916
149917
>>149915
Spark looks for the doctor.
Anonymous
bc015c5
?
No.149917
149941
>>149916
The doctor is near the kitchen, conversing with Waabishki, who is sitting down, and Petal.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
f2ac845
?
No.149918
149919
>>149912
"Do you want to talk about it? Or should that wait until later?"
Anonymous
bc015c5
?
No.149919
149920
>>149918
“No, let’s just… take action! Yeah…”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149920
149921
>>149919
Silver nods.

"We will talk later then. Ready to go, Mala?"
Anonymous
bc015c5
?
No.149921
149925
>>149920
“Yes.” Mala looks up towards Silver, standing by his heel
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149925
149926
>>149921
And thus, the pair leave through the front door, walking towards the bar where he met Cauldron. At least, until they can flag down a taxi.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149926
149927
>>149925
Walking outside, there is a strong, chill wind blowing north from the bay. In the short time Silver has been inside, the temperature has fallen even further to something more appropriate to Winter than Baltimare typically provides. As the pair walks west towards the city, no taxi is forthcoming - not that taxis are particularly numerous in Cherry Hill in the morning.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149927
149928
>>149926
"Winter Cold. This is time when thick coats of fur are most useful, like what you and I have."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149928
149929
>>149927
Mala nods, smiling. It's colder than Silver has ever felt in Baltimare before. And yet it's hardly cold at all, and Mala is no more bothered than Silver. He walks along at a fast pace, sometimes pulling in front of Silver, and sometimes waiting for the stallion.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149929
149930
>>149928
"Are there any types of jobs in particular you would like, by way? We are going to be partners, after all."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149930
149931
>>149929
Mala moves his eyes up towards Silver
"It's probably best to... keep it simple" he says, moving his eyes back to look where he is walking
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149931
150060
>>149930
"Simple. We can do simple. We may have to take dangerous jobs sometimes, in order to make more money. Is that okay with you?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cd84705
?
No.149932
149940
Do I have to tell you again that (You) are a cute pony?
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149936
Spark should be back tomorrow.
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149939
149940
>>149884
Henlo
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149940
149968
>>149939
Hello!

waves

The last reply to Dark Star was >>149860

>>149932
gasps

N-no u!
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149941
149942
>>149917
Spark heads over to the doctor.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149942
149943
>>149941
The doctor turns to look at Spark

"Oh, you're back?"
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149943
149944
>>149942
“Yep. How are things here?”
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149944
149945
>>149943
"Well, we got in contact with the doctors. They did a first surgery to remove growth over night, and he's recovering this morning."
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149945
149946
>>149944
“When will be good to head back?”
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149946
149947
>>149945
“For who to head back? You, me, and the other two?”
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149947
149948
>>149946
“Yes, but also when Miskobag will be. I realize he will be here a while, but we will need to get him out of here.”
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149948
149950
>>149947
Looking up and away, almost joyfully.

“Oh, well after a surgery like that - it’s quite invasive - they usually give the patient time to recover. Could be a couple days.”

He pauses, and looks down at Spark with wide open eyes, lips pulled slightly back to show teeth, and ears straight up and forward.

“Do we… do we need to leave sooner than that?”
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149949
149991
>>149860
"Is everything ok?"
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149950
149951
>>149948
“He should be fine to stay, but it would be best for us to leave. Wellspring is resistance.”
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149951
149952
>>149950
“……”

He pauses a little longer

“Is that what she said?”
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149952
149953
>>149951
“Yep. Which explains why there are changelings scouting for here.”
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149953
149954
BAA7F226-1A5C-43CC-999E-FD8EFFF8C25D.jpeg
>>149952
His ears fall down

“WELL GET HER AWAY FROM HERE BEFORE THEY COME BACK!”
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149954
149955
>>149953
“We need to move out in unison. They would be less suspicious if we move and they don’t find her at all.”
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149955
149956
>>149954
“Oh… okay… what, what, what are you going to do about the older wolf? And the two big ones that are younger? And where is she going? Where am I going? [unintelligible]…”
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149956
149957
>>149955
“We will head back to the forest, then I will set up a meeting with the resistance to pick her up.”
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149957
149958
>>149956
“Oh-okay…” he quiets down somewhat
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.149958
149959
>>149957
“Besides, hanging out in a city full of changelings isn’t exactly the greatest way to spend our time.”
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149959
150038
>>149958
“….. When do we leave?” He asks
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9159f7b
?
No.149968
>>149940
No U!
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149991
149992
>>149949
"Yeah..." She turns her head down, but her eyes still up and making contact with Solar Night's, her lips pulled back and showing her teeth and fangs, and her wings spread in part.
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149992
149993
>>149991
"Everything doesn't seem ok,miss nadir"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149993
149994
>>149992
“It’s just…” she looks away

“I feel a little… less than them, sometimes…” she looks down and away from from Solar Night’s face, though possibly into his fur.
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149994
149995
>>149993
"aww Nadir, you are just as Good as they are. Everypony is equal."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149995
149996
>>149994
She looks up, and gives a weaker smile.

“Are you sure? Because I often feel less so…”
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149996
149997 149998
>>149995
He pats her back
"Of Course,Miss nadir. you are a Great pony."
He gives her a hug
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149997
149998 149999
>>149996
Nadir leans in, letting Dark Star hug her. With her velvety, webbed wings open, it’s a little difficult to wrap himself around her, and he’s likely to get a face full of batwing regardless. She makes a strange high pitched squeaking sound, which at least sounds content.

She closes her eyes, smiles, and places her left hoof on Dark Star’s shoulder.
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.149998
149999
>>149997
>>149996
“Thank you… and, and… so are you.” She says
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.149999
150000 150003
>>149997
>>149998
"I Appreciate you saying so,Miss Nadir."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.150000
150001 150003
Spoilered
>>149999
Blue Skies is still best pony

“Do you, um… do you want to tell me more about you?”

She pulls her lips back in an awkward smile, again showing her small fangs
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.150001
150002
>>150000
Checked and correct
"Well sure i can. what did you want to know in particular?"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.150002
150004
>>150001
She looks down and to the left again, and her ears momentarily pop down.

"Do you ever... not feel like a great pony?" She asks, and moves her eyes up almost as if peaking behind cover
Anonymous
5d0b64c
?
No.150003
>>149999
>>150000
>digits
Check'em
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.150004
150005
>>150002
"Well i do quite a bit."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.150005
150006
>>150004
Moving her muzzle up, she asks,

"But why though? You are nice, very nice, and you are able to attend the university, like the other ponies with money and talent. What do you lack?"
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.150006
150007
>>150005
"Im not very athletic. and im not Good at a lot of things. for example that dart game earlier."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.150007
150008
>>150006
"Heh." This makes her smile

"And I'm not a very good flier..."
She again raises her wings somewhat.
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.150008
150009
>>150007
"Oh im sure you are,miss nadir. i bet you can beat any pegasi in a race."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.150009
150010
>>150008
She smiles, lowers her ears, and half turns her head

"I don't... I don't think I could."

She continues blushing

"What brings you to the university?"
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.150010
150011
>>150009
"Ah you should give yourself more credit,miss nadir."
He Adjusts his Glasses
"The pursuit of knowledge."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.150011
150012
>>150010
She smiles a bit more warmly, making eye contact

"What knowledge are you looking for? I don't understand much of it. But it seems so impressive, like what that stallion said earlier tonight."
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.150012
150013
>>150011
he smiles as well
"Well any kind of Knowledge in General. but im looking for something a little......Esoteric."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.150013
150014
>>150012
Her ears twitch, and then focus on him, and she tilts her head

"Esoter..ish? What does that mean?"
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.150014
150015
>>150013
"Esoteric means Hidden Knowledge. knowledge the masses wouldn't be interested in or wouldn't care to know. Knowledge they most likely couldn't handle."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.150015
150016
>>150014
"So... Not for me?" She asks, seeming a little confused
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.150016
150017
>>150015
"Well Of course it could be for you."
He adjusts his glasses again
"But its not for every creature. they might not like what they find."
He thinks about the Book he found at the estate. with the cosmic entities
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.150017
150018
>>150016
She blinks, and both ears double their focus on Dark Star. She moves slightly closer

"What do you mean?"
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.150018
150019
>>150017
He Grins
"Oh you know, Stuff about the True nature of the World. and beings that may or may not have control over our lives."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.150019
150020
>>150018
The smile fades as her eyes widen. Her lips narrow

"Why would somecreature not want to know that? Isn't that what June was talking about. You know, gain power through knowledge?"
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.150020
150021
>>150019
"Well i find."
He takes a sip of his beer
"Some Creatures have a...willful ignorance when it comes to these types of things. and yes it is similar to what june was talking about."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.150021
150048
>>150020
Her right ear twitches. He most definitely has her full attention

"Go on..."
Shimmering Spark
Anonymous
1c89fb5
?
No.150028
I'll be here tomorrow.
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.150038
150039
>>149959
"We will leave once everypony is ready. We will have to make a return trip for Miskobag if it will take days to get him out of care."
Anonymous
cf9e98f
?
No.150039
150040
>>150038
“Oh… alright. Well then. Just… tell me what you want to do with the older wolf. Err… Miskobag.”
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.150040
150041
>>150039
"Well, we are going to pick him up and take him back home once he has recovered. So make sure he is well cared for for when we come back. If all goes well, it shouldn't be long."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.150041
150043
>>150040
"Okay.... Well, get her out of here." He says
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.150043
150044
>>150041
Spark heads back to Wellspring.
Anonymous
cf9e98f
?
No.150044
150045
>>150043
Wellspring has once again made herself comfortable on the living room couch, albeit on the smaller loveseat opposite the main sofa, and by the closed blinds of the streetwise windows. She keeps her eyes on Spark as she silently watches him approach.
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.150045
150046
>>150044
"Well, are you going to be ready to head out?"
Anonymous
cf9e98f
?
No.150046
150047
>>150045
“Yes.” She says. “I have what I could save.”
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.150047
150049
>>150046
"I don't suppose there is a prescribed way to contact other members once we make it out of the city, is there?"
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.150048
150049
>>150021
"Well, upon my travels i may have come into the possession of a certain book that describes Equestria's ancient past and Some Supernatural Cosmic beings"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.150049
150050 150057
>>150048
She sits upright on the sofa, with her forelegs next to her body, and both of her cat-like eyes focused on Dark Star. She listens with the wonder of a child.

"You, you did? What did it say?"

>>150047
"There's a safe word they have... But they change it every few days. You can ask around. But they are always looking for informants. I had a token... but it was taken..." She looks away.
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.150050
150051 150064
>>150049
Dark Star searches his bag for it
Anonymous
cf9e98f
?
No.150051
150052
>>150050
Dark Star has the book? Didn’t he give it to Blue Skies?
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.150052
150053
>>150051
I thought he kept that particular one? i remember him giving over the other books
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.150053
150055
>>150052
I wouldn't be shocked if he did keep it. But would he take it with him to the party?
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.150055
150056
>>150053
i don't see why he wouldn't he's pretty obsessed with it
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.150056
150058
>>150055
I think he gave it to Blue Skies in https://mlpol.net/vx/81000#81586. I suppose I could allow it anyways. What will he do with it? Show it to Nadir?
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.150057
150059
>>150049
"Do you know where there is a typical meeting grounds at? Surely they frequent certain places if they look for informants?"
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.150058
150059
>>150056
Ah i guess he did turn that one in. yea i was planning on showing her
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.150059
150061 150069
>>150058
Well, it still exists, so maybe he still can. It just won't be in his bag. What will Dark Star do instead?

>>150057
"Well... I may know a ranch out of town that has some ponies who know some ponies."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.150060
150092
>>149931
"Dangerous is alright. But.... What will others think of what we do?" He asks, looking up at Silver
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.150061
150064
>>150059
im not sure. i guess he tells her what was in it
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.150064
150067
>>150050
>>150061
Looking in his bags, Dark Star does not find it. It was among those that survived the fire, he is sure. But Blue Skies has it, or had it.

Nadir listens intently as Dark Star tries to describe the contents
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.150067
150068
>>150064
"Well a group of unicorns called beings known as the outer ones from beyond the stars,and made a deal with them."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.150068
150071
>>150067
Nadir moves her head in closer towards Dark Star, mouth partly open

"Unicorns did that? 'Outer Ones?'"
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.150069
150070
>>150059
"That's a good start. Where at?"
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.150070
150074
>>150069
"Outside of the city. Somewhere north and east, I think."
Anonymous
1b149a2
?
No.150071
150072
>>150068
"Yes,that's exactly correct. From what i remember there goal was the Domination of all pony kind. they come from beyond our moon.They assumed them to be gods, but from what i read they turned out to be devils."
Anonymous
7badb07
?
No.150072
150076
>>150071
Her mouth comes open, and her wings unfold more so, tilting down below the couch on her right, and hitting the side of the couch with her right.

"Are they... gone now?" She asks
Shimmering Spark
1c89fb5
?
No.150074
150075
>>150070
"Sounds like a good place to begin."
Spark looks for the others.