/vx/ - Videogames and Paranormal


If you want to see the latest posts from all boards in a convenient way please check out /overboard/
Note: JS is reccomended to be able to post effortlessly, but I am working on a system where that won't be needed.

Name
Email
Subject
By clicking New Reply, I acknowledge the existence of the Israeli nuclear arsenal.
Comment
0
Select File / Oekaki
File(s)
Password (For file and/or post deletion.)

awaiting__patreon_reward__by_yakovlev_vad_dea3oiq-fullview.png
Occupied Equestria - New Opportunities
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143000
Continuing
Amber Sunset
4caf120
?
No.143003
143004
CheerfulTrottingAmber.png
happy pony noises
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143004
143005 143122
2018723.gif
>>143003
D'aww

pet pet pet

It looks as if two of Larkhaven's high tables inside and one on the patio, one of Melon Mangrove's tables, and two of Mustard Trim's tables(?) are unoccupied

>>143002 →
She closes her eyes and moves her long neck over Silver, rubbing back
Anonymous
4caf120
?
No.143005
143006 143007
>>143004
Amber tries to bring them out onto the patio to one of Mustard's tables.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143006
143007
>>143005
[1d2 = 2]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143007
143008
>>143005
>>143006
"Are there tables inside?"
The older mare asks
Anonymous
4caf120
?
No.143008
143009
>>143007
Amber uneasily answers, "We're short on tables for four…"
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143009
143010
>>143008
She then asks
"Is that a yes?"
Amber Sunset
4caf120
?
No.143010
143011
>>143009
She struggles not to grimace. "There is one…"
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143011
143012
>>143010
The younger mare has a bit of a frown, but leans down to contain the colt, who seems ready to spring with his long legs.

"That will do." The older mare says

[1d4 = 3]
Amber Sunset
4caf120
?
No.143012
143013
>>143011
What next?
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143013
143014 143015
>>143012
Direct them to the lone table, and... hello, there are four adults waiting and a foal. Looks like a mare and stallion of relatively youngish age, a much older stallion and mare, and a filly.
Amber Sunset
4caf120
?
No.143014
>>143013
"Hello, how can I help you today?"
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143015
143016
>>143013
The younger stallion looks to the older stallion, who nods to the former. The younger stallion approaches.

"Hello, can we get a table for five?"
Amber Sunset
4caf120
?
No.143016
143017 143018
>>143015
"There's space, but only on the patio," Amber says with a reassuring smile.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143017
143018
>>143016
The older mare scrunches. The younger stallion has an awkward smile
[1d20 = 18]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143018
143019
>>143017
>>143016
"Sure. Let's do it!" He says
Amber Sunset
4caf120
?
No.143019
143020
>>143018
With relief she says, "It's nice, you'll like it."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143020
143021
>>143019
The young stallion turns back to the older mare

"See? You'll like it."
Amber Sunset
4caf120
?
No.143021
143022
>>143020
Amber makes sure that Mustard is able to help them before going back to her post.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143022
143023
>>143021
He seems a bit busy, but he stops to hear if Amber has anything to say
Amber Sunset
4caf120
?
No.143023
143024
>>143022
Only some words of encouragement. "You're doing great! Keep it up!"
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143024
143025
>>143023
He smiles, sort of awkwardly
"Thanks!"
And moves off

There are four ponies waiting for Amber when she gets back
Amber Sunset
4caf120
?
No.143025
143026
>>143024
"Hello, are y'all together?"
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143026
143027
>>143025
A young mare says "No" with her eyes narrowing as if in offense
"Is your bar available?"
A stallion peels off, saying that he is meeting someone
Amber Sunset
4caf120
?
No.143027
143028
>>143026
"Certainly, go right through and turn left. The bar should be on your right."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143028
143029
>>143027
"Thank you" another mare says

A lone diamond dog enters
Amber Sunset
4caf120
?
No.143029
143030 143031
>>143028
"Hello Mister, are you visiting our bar?"
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143030
143031
>>143029
[1d3 = 3]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143031
143032
>>143029
>>143030
He has no smile, and keeps a firm expression. When he speaks, he sounds like a pony from the town.

"Is there an 'Amber Sunset' here?"
Amber Sunset
4caf120
?
No.143032
143033
>>143031
She loses her smile and feels her heart beating faster. "Y-yes, that would be me."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143033
143034
>>143032
His lips pull back in a grin as she says this, exposing rows of teeth. In some ways, they are whiter than Amber may have expected from a Diamond Dog.

"My Benefactor was wondering if you would be interested in a task tonight. A one-off job."
Amber Sunset
4caf120
?
No.143034
143035
>>143033
"Oh, from the store?" She pauses uncertainly. "I suppose, but what kind of job?"
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143035
143036
>>143034
"Nothing much complicated. You are to go to the Club Maurice on Falabella. You will meet with the owner, one 'Dark Denizen.' The timing is not pressing, but you must meet him by midnight tonight, or not at all."
Amber Sunset
4caf120
?
No.143036
143037
>>143035
"Um, okay, I'll do that!" She says this with a bit of hesitation but ultimately firmly.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143037
143038
>>143036
"Then that is all for now."
The Diamond Dog turns away, and walks out

[1d4 = 2]
Amber Sunset
4caf120
?
No.143038
143039 143040
>>143037
I'd best worry about that after I finish this….
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143039
143040 143041
>>143038
The black diamond dog walks out and away, and there is a lull for perhaps as long as four minutes for Amber to contemplate.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143040
143041
>>143039
>>143038
But the lull ends with the arrival of a pair of adolescents - a colt and a filly each around Amber's age. Looks like a couple, but who can say, really.
Amber Sunset
4caf120
?
No.143041
143042
>>143039
I've never been in a club before, and to meet an owner at that…he must want something special! But I'm just a humble clerkpony. If he wants me to work at his establishment serving tables or something, I'll have no choice but to turn him down. But he said it's 'one-off,' so maybe I have to deliver something. I don't know what it could be, but I won't look a gift monkey in the mouth.

>>143040
Amber greets them, "Howdy there. Would you like a table for two?"
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143042
143043
>>143041
The colt smiles confidently. It's a larger rust-colored earth pony

"Yes. Two, please."
Amber Sunset
4caf120
?
No.143043
143044
>>143042
"Oh good, we have tables." She takes them to one of Larkhaven's high tables.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143044
143045
But I have to sleep now...

>>143043
He nods curtly, and is seated

[1d4 = 1]
Amber Sunset
4caf120
?
No.143045
>>143044
G'night!
Amber Sunset
67ffaa0
?
No.143047
143048
Hello there
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143048
143049
>>143047
Hello!

Waves

More ponies trickle in
Amber Sunset
67ffaa0
?
No.143049
143050 143051
>>143048
Considering this is later in the evening when tables ought to be opening up again and more ponies going to the bar, is this a problem?
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143050
143051
>>143049
At the moment, no, as these ponies seem to be destined for the bar. But like all things, wait long enough and the conditions change

[1d4 = 1]
[1d4 = 1]
[1d4 = 4]

[1d4 = 3]
[1d4 = 3]
[1d4 = 3]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143051
143052
>>143050
>>143049
A group of ponies arrive. Seven in total, mostly middle age with two colts
Amber Sunset
67ffaa0
?
No.143052
143053
>>143051
What tables are left open again?
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143053
143054
>>143052
One Larkhaven two seater outside, and perhaps one Mustard Trim table
Amber Sunset
67ffaa0
?
No.143054
143055
>>143053
"I'm sorry, we have only one table and it's outside.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143055
143056
>>143054
"What is the wait?" A slightly wrinkly mare with a well kept mane asks
Amber Sunset
67ffaa0
?
No.143056
143057 143058 143060
>>143055
She has a look around. "It could be ten minutes before another table is free."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143057
143058
>>143056
[1d3 = 3]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143058
143059 143060
>>143057
>>143056
Another mare in the group frowns, until the lead mare says

"We'll wait for a few minutes."

[1d5 = 3]
[1d5 = 2]
[1d5 = 5]

[1d4 = 2]
[1d4 = 2]
Amber Sunset
67ffaa0
?
No.143059
>>143058
Amber hopes they won't be disappointed, and she looks awkward as they stand there.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143060
143061 143062 143063
>>143058
>>143056
Good news!

One of Cream Pop's booths clears
One of Mangroves's clears
And one of Mustard Trim's tables clears

Two more couples enter, including a griffin couple. At least they look like couples, with similarly aged males and females
Amber Sunset
67ffaa0
?
No.143061
143062 143063 143064
>>143060
The group of 7 will have to fit in the booth. The two couples are moved outside, one getting Mustard's table and the other getting Larkhaven's high table.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143062
143063
>>143061
>>143060
[1d3 = 3]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143063
143064 143066
>>143060
>>143062
>>143061
The booth is not a corner booth, and while squeezing in seven foals is maybe reasonable for a family with five foals, for seven adults, it's not desirable.

They do, however, seem to be willing to hold out a little longer.

Note that the outdoor tables have bench style seats and thus, like the booths, more easily accommodate more than four guests
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143064
143065
>>143063
>>143061
[1d4 = 1] [1d4 = 3]
[1d4 = 1] [1d4 = 3]
[1d4 = 3] [1d4 = 4]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143065
143067
>>143064
[1d5 = 1]
Amber Sunset
67ffaa0
?
No.143066
143067
>>143063
It would be more reasonable then to switch places between the 7 and a couple, placing the larger group outside and giving the booth to one of the couples.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143067
143068 143069
>>143066
>>143065
Roll Diplomacy
Amber Sunset
67ffaa0
?
No.143068
143069 143070
>>143067
[1d20+4 = 24]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143069
>>143068
>>143067
The couple and the party agree to the movement, the couple preferring the slightly darker lighting inside, and the party finding the cold temperatures to agree with their heavier clothing.

Several more mares, plus a mare and several foals enter, as a table of De Sew's clears out
Amber Sunset
67ffaa0
?
No.143070
143071
>>143068
The mare and foals get De Sew's table. Amber asks the other adult mares, "Excuse me, but are you dining together? If not, the bar has some free seats…"
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143071
143072
>>143070
"Oh... well the bar will work" They say, grinning awkwardly. Three of them, they look a little older than Amber probably
Amber Sunset
67ffaa0
?
No.143072
143073
>>143071
"Oh, that's good to hear! Have a good time," she says, awkwardly yet relieved.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143073
143074
>>143072
[1d4 = 1]
[1d4 = 4]
[1d4 = 3]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143074
143075
>>143073
Separated by a span of a few minutes, is a family of three foals, and one of five foals. Oh, and more singular ponies
Amber Sunset
67ffaa0
?
No.143075
143076 143079
>>143074
Besides Melon's remaining table, are there any free tables? Amber says to the singular ponies, "Sorry, but there aren't any tables for one. There's space at the bar, though."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143076
143077
>>143075
[1d20 = 11]
[1d20 = 8]

[1d5 = 5]
[1d2 = 2]
[1d2 = 2]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143077
143078
>>143076
One table clears quickly - one of Mustard Trim's section on the patio
Amber Sunset
67ffaa0
?
No.143078
143079 143082
>>143077
The family of five foals will have to sit on the patio, that with three will sit at Melon's table.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143079
143080 143081 143082
2271892.png
>>143078
>>143075
[1d2 = 2]
[1d2 = 2]

Diplomacy may lubricate the situation
Amber Sunset
67ffaa0
?
No.143080
143081 143082
>>143079
[1d20+4 = 13]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143081
>>143080
>>143079
Opposed:
[1d20 = 8]
[1d20 = 14]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143082
143083 143084
>>143078
>>143079
>>143080
It's not hard to persuade the family of five to sit at a table. What is less simple is persuading the family of seven to sit outside. Something about fear of the foals getting colds.

[1d2 = 1]
[1d5 = 5]
Amber Sunset
67ffaa0
?
No.143083
143084 143085
>>143082
"We just don't have any seating arrangements left.
I'm sorry. The patio has a bonfire to help keep warm."

[1d20+4 = 12]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143084
143085 143086
>>143082
>>143083
And.... another Mustard Trim table clears?

[1d20 = 16]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143085
>>143084
>>143083
They are not persuaded
Amber Sunset
67ffaa0
?
No.143086
143087 143089
>>143084
Well, that's also outside.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143087
143088 143089
>>143086
Hopefully ponies aren't leaving early because it's too cold? Right?

The question is if they are willing to wait for something inside
Amber Sunset
67ffaa0
?
No.143088
143089 143090 143091
>>143087
Amber has no way to know from her position so she lets them make their choices.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143089
143090 143091
>>143088
>>143087
>>143086
[1d2 = 2]

[1d4 = 1] [1d4 = 1]
[1d4 = 4] [1d4 = 4]
[1d4 = 1] [1d4 = 4]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143090
>>143089
>>143088
[1d5 = 2]
[1d5 = 3]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143091
143092
>>143089
>>143088
They aren't particularly interested in waiting long.

In other news, one of Melon Mangrove's groups is clearing out, one of Cream Pop's booths is opening, and a new party has arrived. Looks like an extended family, maybe?
Amber Sunset
67ffaa0
?
No.143092
143093
>>143091
Would it be inconvenient for them to have a booth?
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143093
143094
>>143092
Is "them" the former group?
If so, roll diplomacy.

If "them" is the newly arriving group, they are too large for that
Amber Sunset
67ffaa0
?
No.143094
143095
>>143093
Rolling for the former.
[1d20+4 = 22]

Is there enough space at Melon's table for the large group?
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143095
143096
>>143094
Success! They ae persuaded to stick around and squeeze into the booth. It barely works, but barely is good enough

This is a larger group leaving, so yes, as there are only eight newly arriving ponies
Amber Sunset
64d4dce
?
No.143096
143098
>>143095
Good, then it just works out for the larger group as well.
Amber Sunset
64d4dce
?
No.143097
143098
I have to go now, thanks for the session
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143098
143099
>>143096
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVqcxarP9J4

>>143097
Okay...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79DijItQXMM
Amber Sunset
64d4dce
?
No.143099
143100 143101
>>143098
I'm back in case you're still up.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143100
143101
>>143099
[1d4 = 4]
[1d4 = 4]
[1d4 = 2]

[1d4 = 3]
[1d4 = 3]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143101
143102
>>143099
>>143100
A very large party, and a couple arrive
Amber Sunset
64d4dce
?
No.143102
143103
>>143101
gulp
"I'm so very sorry, but there's no free tables left."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143103
143104
1577956.jpeg
>>143102
"What is the wait time?" The mare closest to Amber asks
Amber Sunset
64d4dce
?
No.143104
143105
>>143103
"It should be just a few minutes, but it might take longer for a large group," she answers nervously.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143105
143106
>>143104
And don't forget, there is a couple there as well

[1d2 = 1]

[1d2 = 2]
[1d2 = 1]
[1d4 = 2]
Amber Sunset
64d4dce
?
No.143106
143108
>>143105
There are no high tables left, are there?
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143107
143108 143109
It appears that all of Larkhaven's tables are either occupied, or have been cannibalized for other sections

The good news:
A table is leaving
[1d5 = 4]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143108
>>143107
>>143106
... From Larkhaven's section

Fortuna hath smiled upon Amber
Amber Sunset
64d4dce
?
No.143109
143110
>>143107
The couple gets that high table.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143110
143111
>>143109
But another couple has come in

And there is still the large party
Amber Sunset
64d4dce
?
No.143111
143112
AnonfillySweatingMeme.png
>>143110
There's nothing Amber can do, unless…
"Have y'all had a nice day so far?"
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143112
143113
>>143111
A nice enough stallion says

"Can't complain! There was a new shipment ordered at work today."
Amber Sunset
64d4dce
?
No.143113
143114
>>143112
"Oh, that's good to hear. Business seems to be doing well here in Baltimare."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143114
143115
>>143113
"Well... it's picked up since last year"
He answers

"So... how long is the wait?" He asks
Amber Sunset
64d4dce
?
No.143115
143116
>>143114
"Earlier customers are leaving so it takes just a few minutes for a table to free up. I'm sorry, erm, for the inconvenience."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143116
143117
>>143115
Two diplomacy rolls
Amber Sunset
64d4dce
?
No.143117
143118
>>143116
[1d20+4 = 21]
[1d20+4 = 6]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143118
143119
>>143117
The party stays a little Longer. The couple decides to try a different restaurant
Amber Sunset
64d4dce
?
No.143119
143121
>>143118
Amber's a little upset that customers were discouraged. Still, it's inevitable if the whole establishment is crowded.
I can't force customers to eat and leave faster…can I?

Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143121
143136
And I have to sleep now...

>>143119
You'll get 'em next time little pony

Aren't there two newly opened tables outside?
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143122
143137
>>143004
Oh, new bread!

He only breaks this moment after a few seconds this time.

"I will go find nice spa for us, and make reservation."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143124
hopes to play soon
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143125
143127
still hopes to play
Anonymous
db73095
?
No.143127
143134
>>143125
pets the floof
Shimmering Spark
9145bf6
?
No.143129
143137
I should be back tomorrow. Can’t wait to see the urban adventure.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143134
>>143127
floof is pet
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143135
Happy Valentine's Day!
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143136
143137 143138
>>143121
Amber speaks up to the party, "I think we have a couple of tables on the patio if you don't mind sitting there..."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143137
143138 143218
>>143122
She smiles, and turns her head.

"That would be nice."

>>143129
Hi! waves

>>143136
[1d3 = 1]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143138
143139
>>143136
>>143137
The ponies in the group look o each other, and say a few words. Then they look back to Amber
"That will be fine."
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143139
143140
>>143138
With a breath of relief Amber leads them to their tables for Mustard to wait upon. She looks to see how he's doing.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143140
143141
>>143139
He seems fairly busy (at least) frantically moving back and forth, trying to get the order for a particularly picky old mare in a group
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143141
143142 143144
>>143140
Amber will have to apologize later on, but there's no other way this could be done.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143142
143143
>>143141
[1d4 = 1]
[1d4 = 3]

[1d4 = 1]
[1d4 = 3]
[1d4 = 4]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143143
>>143142
[1d5 = 2]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143144
143145
>>143141
A larger party leaves Melon Mangrove's section as a single younger mare, a single middle aged stallion, a family of four, and what looks like a family of six, enter
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143145
143146
>>143144
Amber asks if the mare and stallion are dining together. Isn't there a high table with one seat?
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143146
143147
>>143145
They turn
"No..."

It looks as if all two-seater tables are either taken or cannibalized for groups.
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143147
143148
>>143146
The family of six gets to replace the party that just left. Is Melon doing alright?
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143148
143149
>>143147
Melon is soldiering right along, carrying a set of drinks. She seems to be holding up better than Mustard Trim
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143149
143150
>>143148
Well that's a relief. Amber gives an embarrassed smile to those waiting. "It's a busy evening, I beg your pardon for the inconvenience."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143150
143151
>>143149
"How long is the wait?" The stallion leading what appears to be a young family of four asks
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143151
143152 143153
>>143150
"About ten minutes…."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143152
143153 143154
>>143151
"Uh, oh. Okay."

The ponies seem content to sit and wait.

A little filly with a bow in her mane, an apricot coat, and a long tail sits down, looking upwards and in the direction of Amber
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143153
>>143152
>>143151
[1d4 = 2] [1d5 = 3]
[1d4 = 2] [1d5 = 2]

[1d4 = 4] [1d2 = 2]
[1d4 = 3] [1d4 = 4]
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143154
143155
>>143152
Does the filly look familiar? Did she enter earlier?
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143155
143156
>>143154
Amber doesn't think she's seen the auburn maned filly before. But it can be hard to say.

And now, a mare with two young colts, and what looks like a set of five ponies - an adolescent, two adults, and two seniors - enter.
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143156
143157 143158
>>143155
Amber bites her lower lip as she watches them enter. "I'm sorry friends, but we're currently full. You'll have to wait in line."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143157
143158
>>143156
[1d3 = 2]
[1d3 = 3]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143158
143159 143160
>>143157
>>143156
An older mare says
"Ah, I was tryin' to get them to go to the Rapscallion anyways."
The group of five seems to leave

The mare and her fillies, who run about, says to Amber
"Oh, we'll wait." She does not make eye contact, as her lemon yellow filly is running away and in the direction of De Sew's combo tables

[1d4 = 4]
[1d4 = 2]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143159
143160
>>143158
[1d5 = 1]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143160
>>143159
>>143158
Incidentally, one of De Sew's combo tables is leaving now
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143161
143162
Is this the family of four from >>143144?
If so, she tells them, "Looks like a table is open now.
Right over here!"

If not, she can't have them skip ahead in the line, can she?
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143162
>>143161
There is waiting a single stallion (perhaps for bar space), a family of four (including the apricot filly), and the single mare with two fillies
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143163
143164
Amber tries to step in front of one of the rampaging fillies before she trips one of the waiters.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143164
>>143163
Roll die to catch filly
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143165
143166
[1d20 = 9]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143166
143167
>>143165
Amber places herself besides the rampaging filly, but has failed to make up for the filly's head start
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143167
143168
>>143166
She calls out in alarm to the filly, "Please stop!"
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143168
143169
>>143167
Startled patrons look out at the commotion, while the filly's owner runs after her, looking back to Autumn to say "sorry," before turning her head back just in time to avoid running into a chair.
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143169
143170 143171
>>143168
"owner"
Amber winces briefly and looks back at her post. The waiters are too busy to help, and the mother might not be able to catch her alone. Amber tries moving to a side of the restaurant they're moving away from. They have to get turned around, right?
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143170
143171
>>143169
Okay fine. "Mother."

The filly has to either dart into the kitchen and bathroom hall, or turn around

[1d2 = 1]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143171
143172
>>143170
>>143169
And the filly has continued into the bathroom and restroom hall

Roll die to catch filly

[1d2 = 2]
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143172
143173
>>143171
[1d20 = 2]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143173
143174
>>143172
Amber runs, and hits the right side of the door frame of the bathroom hall. The filly, meanwhile, has run towards the bathroom doors
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143174
143175
>>143173
"Oof!" Quickly, she puts her body in front of the doorway to prevent the filly from running through.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143175
143176
>>143174
Unfortunately, Amber has not been able to
perform such a maneuver in time. While she is faster than the filly, the filly's head start, Amber's delay and misfortunate, as well as the small body of the filly, mean it has been able to slip through
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143176
143177
>>143175
Amber quickly follows inside.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143177
143178
>>143176
The filly has run up against the far end of the hallway, and the two doors, and has to turn around.

Meanwhile, her owner mother has also entered the hall, going for her filly
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143178
143179
>>143177
Amber tries to reason, "Please come back. It's not a game."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143179
143180
>>143178
The child is stopped, possibly because Amber has blocked her path. She looks up at the Earth pony.

Then Amber can feel herself physically pushed aside with an "excuse me," as the mother goes over and picks up her filly, placing her on her back.

"Sorry, sorry."
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143180
143181 143182
>>143179
Amber hurries back to her place, hoping this episode didn't discourage any customers.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143181
143182 143183
>>143180
The family of four, now seated in one of De Sew's combo tables near the entry to the kitchen, watches the ponies as they return with the filly carried on her mother's back like a trophy.

[1d4 = 2]

[1d4 = 4]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143182
>>143181
>>143180
[1d2 = 2]
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143183
143184
>>143181
"Phew, I guess foals can be hard to deal with…"
If the lone stallion is still there she recommends he go to the bar.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143184
143186
>>143183
He nods, and goes.

The mother, though she looks embarrassed, has not left yet. Her other filly remains sitting on the bench

The mother walks past Amber, and turns her head to make the remark
"Sorry... it's just so hard to keep them in line without their father"
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143186
143187
>>143184
"No, no, it's alright, no harm done…" she reassures her. Against her better judgement, she asks, "Will he be arriving later?"
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143187
143189
>>143186
She turns her head away from Amber, moving forward, and in the direction of her other filly, the one on the bench. For more than a second it may seem that she did not notice Amber's question, or that she was not interested in answering it. But then, with her head turned away, she says

"No."

>>143186
Two stallions and two mares enter
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143189
143190
>>143187
I'm really just so crass, I probably ruined her whole evening…
She turns to the newcomers. "Howdy. I'm sorry, but you're going to have to wait a bit."
Anonymous
18aef5a
?
No.143190
143191
>>143189
The stallion who answers is probably in his early thirties.

“How long is the wait?”
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143191
143192
>>143190
"These ponies are in front of you, so maybe fifteen minutes?"
Anonymous
18aef5a
?
No.143192
143193
>>143191
“Uh, alright.”
The stallion sits down next to a white mare in semi-formal clothing, who carries on a conversation with the other mare in the four, who sits alongside the other stallion. The lone mare in the other set sits quietly with the troublesome lemon filly under her forelegs, and with the second fully next to her.
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143193
143194 143195
>>143192
Now that it's a little more relaxed Amber idly wonders what time it is.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143194
143195
>>143193
It's well into night now.

[1d4 = 2]
[1d4 = 2]

[1d4 = 2]
Anonymous
da4cb8d
?
No.143195
143196
>>143194
>>143193
And another couple arrives. One wears a military uniform, and a hat. (Yes. Inside).
Amber Sunset
5ee45d3
?
No.143196
143197
>>143195
Well, hats aren't that uncommon. Amber wonders if she should give military personnel priority or if that's restaurant policy, but there's no space now regardless.
Anonymous
da4cb8d
?
No.143197
143199
>>143196
The stallion says to Amber, tipping his hat

"G'day ma'am. Table for two."

[1d4 = 2]
Anonymous
cd9e24c
?
No.143199
143200
>>143197
"Alright, sir. Um, we don't have any tables available at the moment, so you may have to wait a few minutes."
Anonymous
da4cb8d
?
No.143200
143201
>>143199
Seeming disappointed, he asks
"How long's ya wait?"
Anonymous
cd9e24c
?
No.143201
143202 143203 143204
>>143200
She nervously replies, "A table's cleared every five to ten minutes, just about. There are a lot of other ponies waiting though…"
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143202
143204
>>143201
He looks over to the mare, who is older than Amber but not by much, and asks her opinion

[1d3 = 3]
Anonymous
da4cb8d
?
No.143203
>>143201
He looks over to the mare, who is older than Amber but not by much, and asks her opinion

[1d3 = 3]
Anonymous
da4cb8d
?
No.143204
143205
>>143202
>>143201
"We'll give it a try" he says, and sits down next to his mare.

[1d4 = 4]
[1d4 = 1]
Anonymous
cd9e24c
?
No.143205
143206
>>143204
"I think the food here is well worth the wait. It's really popular…"
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143206
>>143205
"That's what she tells me" he says, placing a hoof on the mocha brown mare, who smiles

[1d5 = 3]
Anonymous
cd9e24c
?
No.143207
143208
Amber smiles back, but she can't think of anything more to say. She glances to see if any tables have freed up.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143208
143210
>>143207
One of Cream Pop's booths has opened up.

Fortunately, it's the one that also used one of Larkhaven's tables

Thus, one booth and one high table
Anonymous
cd9e24c
?
No.143210
143211
>>143208
The couple that had been waiting the longest gets the high table, whereas the family of four get the booth.
Anonymous
18aef5a
?
No.143211
143212
>>143210
I believe the original family of four received one of De Sew’s combo table-booths that opened up. There should currently be the mother and her two fillies, the two stallions and two mares, and the couple that just showed up with the stallion in uniform.
Anonymous
cd9e24c
?
No.143212
143213
>>143211
I don't think Amber asked, but are the two stallions and two mares in one group altogether?
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143213
143215
>>143212
Yes.
Anonymous
cd9e24c
?
No.143215
143217 143249
>>143213
Then it's an easy choice, the mother and her two fillies are moved to the booth while the new couple gets the high table.
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143216
143217
Got to stop today
Anonymous
18aef5a
?
No.143217
>>143215
It is so. The one group is still waiting.

>>143216
Aww... okay. My internet is cutting in and out, anyways
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143218
143219
>>143137
He gives Jubee a kiss goodbye, makes his way downstairs to exit the house, and departs to find a taxi.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143219
143220
>>143218
She moves back ever so slightly in surprise, before giving a small smile.

Silver makes his way out. Taxis are not as plentiful in this section of the city, but one is found nevertheless.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143220
143221
>>143219
Once Silver gets in, he asks of the driver,

"I need your help if you can. I need to find places for date with someone tonight."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143221
143222
>>143220
The Zebra stallion answers,

"You lookin' for something fancy to impress her, something quick, or something with opportunities?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143222
143223
>>143221
"Something fancy, though I am curious what you mean by opportunities."
Anonymous
18aef5a
?
No.143223
143224
>>143222
“Well, you know. When ya’ watchin’ a movie, and you want to place a leg around her. Or better, when ya’ want to start smooching’ her and not be seen. Now as for fancy? I say the Orgueil.” Pronouncing the last word as “or-gay”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143224
143225
>>143223
"Hmm...that is certainly something to keep in mind. Now, this 'Or-Gay', you would not happen to know if they serve carnivore dishes, would you?"
Anonymous
18aef5a
?
No.143225
143226
>>143224
“Now that, I do not know. Think they serve fish though. It’s griffin based.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143226
143227
>>143225
Silver smiles.

"Perfect. Can you take me there so I can make reservation."
Anonymous
18aef5a
?
No.143227
143228
>>143226
He pauses for a moment.
“Yeah, sure.”

The vehicle drives on down the main road, and then through the cowtown neighborhood, before coming to Eastside
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143228
143229
>>143227
After they stop and Silver pays the fare, he asks the driver,

"Can you stay out here? I will be right back out after making reservation and I have other places I need taken to."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143229
143230
>>143228
"Sure thing."

It's not an especially high class neighborhood, being between the industrial and residential areas of Cowtown, and the City Center. But on the outside, the building almost resembles an old manor house, with dark wood covering a porch along the entry, and white walls on the second floor.

Entering, Silver finds something like a foyer, though bigger, and with the hostess stand near the front. At the stand is a unicorn stallion with dark brown fur, and behind him are wooden stairs going up to a second level that wraps around on the left with wooden railing.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143230
143231
>>143229
Silver trots up to this stallion.

"Hello, I would like to make reservation for dinner later tonight. Party of two."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143231
143232
>>143230
The stallion looks over to Silver, then slowly down to the sheet, and then back up to Silver

"What time?"
His voice seems accented
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143232
143233
>>143231
This place must be fancy, he thinks to himself.

"5:00 P.M."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143233
143234
>>143232
He looks back down, using magic to pick up a set of glasses
"We have an opening for 5:15" He answers
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143234
143235
>>143233
"That will work."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143235
143236
>>143234
"Under what name?" He asks, looking back up at Silver over his lenses.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143236
143237
>>143235
"Silver Sword."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143237
143238
>>143236
"Alright." He looks down, and with a movement of yellow magic and a feather-tipped pen, he makes marks on an unseen object behind the table.

"And I have you down for 5:15"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143238
143239
>>143237
"Thank you! We will be there!"

Assuming their business is done, he heads back out to the taxi.

"Know of any nice spas?"
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143239
143240
>>143238
"Spa? What do I look like, a pretty pink pony?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143240
143241
>>143239
"No, but I thought there was chance one of your previous passengers asked to be taken to address of one."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143241
143242
>>143240
He looks up, and leans his head back against the seat.
"Now I can't recall if it was a spa. But there was something over in Colton Hill. And of course there are plenty of fancy places just west of Lord Baltimare plaza."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143242
143243
>>143241
"Let us try Colton Hill, then, if it pleases you."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143243
143244
>>143242
Roll die, little pony
c95152b
?
No.143244
143246
[1d20 = 18]
>>143243
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143246
143248
>>143244
The vehicle drives down a central avenue in East side south, then makes a turn onto another avenue, and then a turn north. He stops outside of a stucco covered building with grass around it.

"Huh. It is here."
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143247
143249
Nice, I can get an early start
Silver "The Floof" Sword
5125a43
?
No.143248
143249
>>143246
"Perfect! Wait here, I still have couple of places to go."

He pays this fare, and heads inside the building.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143249
143250 143251
>>143247
>>143215
The mother and her two fillies sit down in the booth, as the newly arrived couple sits down at a high table nearby. The two stallions and two mares remain.

>>143248
Inside is a waiting room and a wooden counter. A rather young looking pink mare behind the counter smiles at Silver as he enters.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
5125a43
?
No.143250
143252
>>143249
He smiles back.

"Hello there! I was wondering I could make reservation for couple's session here, if that was something you offered."
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143251
143254 143256
>>143249
Amber hopes they'll be satisfied customers.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143252
143253
>>143250
"A couple's session?" She says smiling. "We have hooficure and sauna packages, as well as mane styling."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
5125a43
?
No.143253
143254
>>143252
"Those sound excellent. Can you describe some of your packages for me? I would like something to truly pamper my date and I."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143254
143255 143258
>>143251
[1d4 = 4]
[1d4 = 2]
[1d4 = 1]

[1d4 = 1]
[1d4 = 2]

>>143253
"Well, here we have the 'Spring Valley' which includes a hooficure with river stones, a message, and then sauna. Here we have the 'Royale' which includes the same but with massaging for the hardest to relieve back tension. Here is just the sauna, and here you can add a hot bathing experience. With mountain melt water, of course. Well, technically that's true of most river water, but I mean it is taken from far up the river. No pollutants. We have incense to burn that helps to clear out the lungs...."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143255
143256
>>143254
[1d5 = 5]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143256
143257
>>143255
>>143251
Another couple enters, and a pair of stallions.

One of Mustard trim's tables leaves
[1d2 = 2]
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143257
143263
>>143256
The two stallions and mares are directed to Mustard's now vacant table. It's not good to burden him so…, she thinks to herself.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143258
143259
>>143254
"I think we will have Royale with hot bathing and incense, and also mane styling. Are there any other services or treatments you provide?"
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143259
143260
>>143258
"Well yes, we have mane and feather care, coat trimming, hoof messages, and mud and herbal treatments."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143260
143261
>>143259
"Mud treatments? Like mud bath?"
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143261
143262
>>143260
"Well, yes. We cover the skin and fur in special mineral mixtures."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143262
143263
>>143261
"I think we will take it all, one for each of us. I do have one more question. Your services like hooficures, can you perform them for griffons, too?"
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143263
143264 143265
>>143257
Perhaps better, it was a table with a group.

Still, the four ponies are seated, pleasantly surprised at the heating.

>>143262
"Griffins...?" She seems uncertain at first.
"Sure... we can handle exotic claws as well."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143264
143266
>>143263
"Wonderful! Do you have slot open for after 6 or 6:15?"
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143265
143266
>>143263
The smell of food from the restaurant makes Amber hungry, she hopes she can get off soon.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143266
143267 143269
>>143265
Various stews and soups seem to be among the more common items, although there is a fairly large amount of spice. Bread, too, is a common sight, and it looks like a new set has just been heated and delivered

Two waiting couples, one free outdoor table.

>>143264
"A.M. Tomorrow? We don't open quite that early."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143267
143268
>>143266
"Er, no, P.M. tonight."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143268
143270
>>143267
"Oh... Well we close at 7PM, and you'll need probably 3 hours for a full treatment... We can fit in maybe a single massage or hooficure, perhaps?"
Amber Sunset
5ee45d3
?
No.143269
143271
>>143266
The first couple that arrived (the military one?) is directed to the table.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143270
143271
>>143268
"Hmm...I am assuming there is no way to convince this place to stay open for us, tonight?"
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143271
143272 143276
>>143269
Well that one was presumably seated after one of Larkhaven's table opened up

>>143270
She blinks
"Well, perhaps."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143272
143273
>>143271
He nods firmly with a gleam of hope in his blue eyes.

"Whatever it takes. I love her, and I want to to give her best night of her life. I can even pay you and spa specialists here for your extra time spent here."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143273
143274
>>143272
"Well... Perhaps a specialist can be persuaded to stay a little later."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143274
143275
>>143273
"Please, it would mean world to us."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143275
143278
>>143274
"Well... Okay..."
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143276
143277
>>143271
Good, there's space for the other couple then.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143277
143281
>>143276
Well, there are two couples that entered

[1d4 = 4]
[1d4 = 1]
[1d4 = 3]

[1d4 = 4]
[1d4 = 2]
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143278
143279
>>143275
He jumps up and down on his hooves.

"Thank you thank you thank you!"
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143279
143280
>>143278
[1d5 = 5]

>>143278
She smiles back at him somewhat awkwardly
"You're welcome, but... well, we'd need to charge for the overtime."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143280
143282
>>143279
He smiles back.

"Of course I will pay extra. I would do anything for this."
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143281
143282
>>143277
Amber's not sure where to put the other couple.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143282
143283 143286
>>143281
The good news: another table has cleared out. It's from Mustard Trim's section again.

But another seven ponies have entered

>>143280
"Well.... it could be as much as 220 bits..."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143283
143284
>>143282
"Is easily paid, friend."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143284
143285
>>143283
"Okay, great. I'll write you down" She looks down at the paper, and attempts to scribble with a hoof "and you are set." She looks up, smiling
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143285
143287
>>143284
He smiles back.

"Thank you so much! I will return tonight with my date!"

He bids her goodbye, and returns to the taxi.

"Unless you know of specific place, I would like to be taken to west of Lord Baltimare plaza to find place to purchase suit and dress for this evening."
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143286
143287 143377
>>143282
Amber's not sure why Mustard's section has the fastest turnover, but she has to put the smaller party there.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143287
143288 143289
>>143286
Would this be the one couple?

>>143285
"Gotcha" He says, driving some ways past row houses, shops, and now sky scrapers. He drops Silver off. Silver has been here before; this is in front of the building the New Mareland civil administration is using as its regional headquarters, and the city hall is not far away either. There are ponies walking by, carts and automobiles, and soldiers on the sidewalks.
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143288
>>143287
Yes, it would be.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143289
143290 143291
>>143287
"This should hopefully only take little bit, if you would wait here. I have only more stop after this."

He pays this fare, and heads inside the store.
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143290
143291
>>143289
It might be that Amber is in this very store…
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143291
143292
>>143289
Silver walks down the avenue, and the first clothing store - upper end clothing store - he comes across is named simply, "Peerless," with a subtext "fine clothing."

>>143290
Morning shift, the exact right neighborhood... Yes, very much so
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143292
143294
>>143291
"This seems like place for what I need."

The large unicorn stallion opens the door to the establishment, and enters.
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143293
143294 143295
Inside he sees an older mare busy at a desk, but near the entrance is a young, apricot-colored mare–at least, probably old enough to a mare, despite being quite short–with a white stripe down her nose between bluish-purple eyes. Her auburn mane falls over one side with a simple cut. She appears to be wearing a long, midnight blue dress that accentuates its plain style with small, four-pointed stars of lighter hue.
She smiles, albeit a bit nervously, at the newcomer. "Hello sir, can I get something for you today?"
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143294
143295 143303
>>143292
If it's the right day, he's in the right place >>143293
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143295
143296
>>143293
>>143294
Here she faces a rather large, grizzled old unicorn stallion of light grey coat and darker grey mane, and a dark stripe going down from the back of his neck all the way along his back to his tail. His mane is similarly short and no-nonsense, but looks like it needs some slight attention. His burly, muscular appearance is further accentuated by a floofy winter coat that makes him look a bit bigger than he actually is. He is bare, save for a pair of saddlebags and a rather large sword strapped to his side, letting her see the cutie mark of a sword mid-swing emblazoned upon his flank. He has to look down slightly to meet her eyes, where he smiles and speaks in a deep voice with a Severyanan accent.

"Hello there! I have date tonight with female griffon, and I was wondering if I could purchase suit for myself and dress for my date."
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143296
143297
>>143295
She blinks at the imposing customer, who is clearly unlike most other clientele. "A-a griffon? Um, I suppose we have things for that. We do have suits, but are you looking for something in particular?" She steps slowly in a direction to the back of the store, though whether this is from anxiety or an eagerness to show him is difficult to say.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143297
143298
>>143296
He follows her, his hoofsteps actually not producing as much noise as his size and stature would suggest, hinting that he's rather dextrous as well.

"For suit, something simple, but fancy, you know? Like what would be appropriate wearing at fancy restaurant."
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143298
143299
>>143297
"I wouldn't know–I mean, of course I can help! Suits are right over here on these racks, there's a selection of colors to your liking…"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143299
143300
>>143298
The unicorn looks through the selection.

"I think black would be good color choice. It goes well with my general..." He's silent for a minute as he thinks of a word, "...color palette."

He turns to smile at the petite mare.

"What do you think?"
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143300
143301
>>143299
"If you ask me, you can't really go wrong with a dark selection," she says with a nervous smile. "As for style, maybe 'double-breasted' would look better?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143301
143302
>>143300
"You think so? I do not know much about formal wear but that sounds rather stylish."
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143302
143303
>>143301
"Two sets of buttons look better on larger stallions…or so I'm told." She looks a bit doubtful.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143303
143304 143306
>>143302
>>143294
The unicorn looks for a black or dark grey, double-breasted suit, one which is big enough for the large stallion or can be resized in a short amount of time.

"I like your dress, by way. Very nice."
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143304
143305
>>143303
The yellow-orange mare blushes a bit. "Thank you, sir. It's actually my ma's, but she let me wear it to Baltimare."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143305
143307
>>143304
"You are not Baltimare native? Neither am I, I got here just few days ago."

He turns to look at the mare.

"What is your name?"
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143306
143308
>>143303
Black and dark grey, unsurprisingly, are fairly numerous, including several in the specifically double-breasted category.
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143307
143308
>>143305
"Oh, I'm not from far away, just a farm to the west a bit. Your accent, though, is a bit…foreign, if you don't mind my saying that. I'm Amber Sunset, I just got here the other day."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143308
143309
>>143306
>>143307
"Oh, I do not mind at all. I was born in St. Petershoof in Severyana, and though I have not been in my homeland for many years, I suppose I never gave up my accent. My name is Silver Sword."

Silver chooses a nice black double-breasted suit that fits his large frame, then turns to Amber Grain.

"Alright, Ms. Grain, if I were griffon dresses, where would I be?"
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143309
143310
>>143308
This ain't your sergeant, bucko
"Severyana…that's always struck me as a fairy-tale sort of land with dancing ponies in fur hats," she says, smiling to herself. "Oh, griffon dresses, um…I think they're in this corner," she says, leading him to the right area.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143310
143311
>>143309
Dammit, sorry. Having too many Ambers can confuse me.

"That is not to say there are not dancing ponies in fur hats in Severyana..."

He follows Amber Sunset to the dresses.

"Let us see, anything sleek? Maybe in red or black?"
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143311
143312
>>143310
"I'm sure we do, if you don't mind the type of material.
We have a lot of dresses in wool nowadays."

Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143312
143313
>>143311
"Wool? So, nothing in, say, silk?"
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143313
143314
>>143312
"We do have silk, it might be a little cold in this weather, is all."
Ducking out for a quick bite to eat, will be back in 20
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143314
143315
>>143313
Sure thing.

"What about silk dress with nice wool or fur coat to go over top of it?"
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143315
143316 143317
>>143314
She grins. "That's an excellent idea! Then the dress can be much lighter. What style do you think she'd like?"
To herself she thinks, Miss Sewn will be so happy with all the selling I'm doing!
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143316
143317 143318
>>143315
"Elegant, classy, sophisticated...just like her..."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143317
143318
>>143315
>>143316
"Oh, can not forget sexy. Absolutely can not forget that."
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143318
143319 143320
>>143316
>>143317
The mare with a country accent blinks, and reddens a bit at his latter remark. "I"ll do my best. Red you said, hmmm…" Standing on her hind legs and leaning against the wall with one forehoof, she uses the other to pick up a carmine dress. Although it's difficult for a pony, particularly one without any sartorial training, to know how it would look on a griffon, some elements are obvious. It is a v-neck in front but mirrored with an embroidered lattice of fabric holding together the shoulders. These have long sleeves ending in flared cuffs. As one might expect for a griffon there are holes for wings and a tail. To the best of one's estimate the body is designed to be a snug fit but the skirt would hang loosely; its thin fabric is quite a bit shorter than Amber's skirt.
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143319
>>143318
Don't feel pressured to accept this one, there are other possibilities now that I actually looked up 40's fashion
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143320
143321 143322 143324
>>143318
Silver's eyes shine at the sight of the dress.

"...it is perfect! Do you have any white wool or fur coats to go with it?"
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143321
143323 143324
>>143320
"Oh, it is? I mean, yes, of course! We've got quite a selection of coats to your liking."
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143322
>>143320
Amber of course leads him to the female coats section, with a variety of woolen and fur articles in grey and white, besides other colors. Interestingly although fur coats are more expensive generally, some fur pieces are much more expensive than others.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143323
143325 143326
>>143321
Silver decides to select a fancy white fur coat for a griffon. He turns to Amber again, looking a bit embarassed about what he's about to ask for.

"There is one more thing I would like to ask if you have in stock. I was wondering if you had any lacy lingerie for my griffon. Something seductive, sexy, perfect for, erm...'adventure' in bedroom."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143324
>>143321
>>143320
Silk has a high markup, by the way
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143325
143326 143327
>>143323
Amber tries to see what type of fur the coat is made of, whether it is rabbit (the cheapest), fox, or a different creature. Mink might be beyond even this establishment.

The young mare recoils at his last request, looking grossed out. Come on, don't judge the customer, just...get him what he wants. Even so, it takes a couple of seconds for her to regain her composure.

"Of-of course, underwear is this way..." She leads him to the aisle with female underwear, which is next to the significantly smaller section of male underwear. Articles are grouped by type, ranging from more "functional" types like thermal underwear through panties, brassieres, garters and socks. More "respectable," covering panties in different colors hang next to more lacy lingerie, with the latter having only a couple of colors besides black and white. Different underwear exists for ponies and griffons, with the distinction between the two-besides the shape itself-being a picture of a pony or griffon model, respectively, fully clothed but in a seductive pose. A point of possible interest is how some of these are conjoined with a brassiere of different sizes. Brassieres are also sold as a separate item in a wide variety of styles. Interestingly, this product exists for both ponies and griffons, with the latter having four cups though of a smaller maximum size. Besides these there are socks and stockings-both of the conservative and the raunchy variety-with garters to hold these up.

Amber seems ill at ease to be in this section with Silver and is looking to the side, away from the stock.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143326
>>143325
>>143323
Why yes. Clubbing small animals so you can wear their skinned bodies is well within the norms of Equestrian culture
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143327
143328
>>143325
He gives her an apologetic look.

"I am sorry about how awkward request is. I just want to treat her to something she may like."

He finds some black lacy lingerie for his griffon in a fitting size, including a full set panties, brassierers, socks, and garters, in silk if they have them, normal cloth if they don't. He doesn't waste his time here so as to not embarrass the poor mare any further, and leaves the section with her as soon as he's made his selection. There, in the front of the store next to the counter, he asks her a question.

"So...this may seem weird, but since I arrived to city I seem to have had knack for meeting individuals who are also recent arrivals to Baltimare, each with their own unique abilities that work extraordinarily well on quests, missions, or in battle. This may be completely random, but...you would not happen to be like that too, would you?"
Anonymous
cdcbd62
?
No.143328
143329
>>143327
She blinks in surprise. "Unique?" She seems to mull this over a bit in her mind. "I don't have any really unique abilities, I'm just a pony trying to get by so I can send some money to my parents."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143329
143330 143331
>>143328
He shrugs.

"It was worth trying. So far definition has fit," he counts in his head, "seven different people."

He goes up to the counter with his selected items of clothing, ready to make his purchase.
Anonymous
cdcbd62
?
No.143330
143331 143332
>>143329
"You must meet a lot of interesting ponies, or 'people,' as you call them."
She rings up the items. Needless to say, aside from the dress–which though by no means cheap, isn't the highest-tagged of its kind in the store–this armed unicorn went out of his way to get the most expensive items.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143331
143332
>>143330
>>143329
So what is the full set of items purchased?
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143332
143333 143335 143336
>>143330
Only the best for his griffon.

"You can say that again. Kirin who became Celestialist nun working for orphanage, Earth Pony native from southern lands who was part of isolated tribe, Lunarist pegasus, Bat Pony thief, Crystal Pony artillerypony..."

>>143331
A black double-breasted suit, a red silk dress, a white fur coat, and a full set of black silk lace lingerie including panties, brassierers, socks, and garters.
Amber Sunset
cdcbd62
?
No.143333
143334 143335
>>143332
Does the suit include shirt and tie? I think we neglected that.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143334
143339
>>143333
It definitely should.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143335
143336
>>143332
That's about 1013 Bits in total, mostly from the dress. It was cheaper, but now it needs the tie

>>143333
Quads command that it does
Amber Sunset
cdcbd62
?
No.143336
143337 143340
>>143332
"Interesting, it sounds like they have nothing in common at all…"

>>143335
That's certainly cheaper than I expected, especially considering the coat. The suit is middle-of-the-line and not bespoke so it would not be very expensive, though. Amber makes sure to double-check the total from this purchase before telling it to him.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143337
143338
>>143336
Describe the coat again? The silk dress should be the dominant inflating factor, given that it's an expensive item in the best of times, and with imports cut off and silk used for parachutes, finding it on the civilian market comes at a price
Amber Sunset
cdcbd62
?
No.143338
143339
>>143337
Amber doesn't know much about fur coats, considering them morbid and something only griffons would like. The current popular style is brown or dark grey with white being a little uncommon. Silver picked one before Amber could get a close look at it.

Also let's not forget that all the lingerie is also made of silk, and we know how that tends to get marked up.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143339
143340 143341
>>143338
That's a good point

>>143334
1227 bits in total
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143340
143342
>>143339
>>143336
"Not at all, but we all managed to be on same quests and missions and did extraordinarily well together."

That is quite the pricetag. Silver does technically have the money to get them, even if some of it has been promised to others. He bites his lip as he pays for the expensive items, hoping he'll get multiple uses out of them.
Amber Sunset
cdcbd62
?
No.143341
143343
>>143339
Such an amount of money is more than she's ever held in her entire life, so Amber hopes she didn't make any mistake. She looks a bit jittery.

"It all…must've been swell, considering this celebration."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143342
143343 143349
>>143340
Hopefully.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
0ba4c80
?
No.143343
143344
>>143341
>>143342
He knows he has the Bits, he's just gonna have to go on a mission soon to make some of that money back.

"Well, on our last mission we busted up arm of international smuggling and trafficking ring and saved number of people, so yeah I would say it went rather well."
Amber Sunset
cdcbd62
?
No.143344
143345
>>143343
She's not sure how to respond to this. On one hoof, it came out of left field and may be the city-pony equivalent of a joke. On the other hoof, he's got a really big sword. "Oh, um, congratulations. I wish I was there to see it."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
0ba4c80
?
No.143345
>>143344
Judging from his bashful look, it's the result of somepony who is a bit socially awkward at times.

"Heh...sorry. Strange for me to say, I know."

He has his purchases (the suit, the dress, and the lingerie) put into separate boxes for carrying. He smiles at Amber.

"Thank you for helping me with my purchase, I have got to get back to cab. Look me up if you are ever in need of job."
Amber Sunset
cdcbd62
?
No.143346
143347
"Look you up? Sorry, I don't think I got your name."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
0ba4c80
?
No.143347
>>143346
"Oh, I thought I did, my apologies. My name is Silver Sword, Miss Amber Sunset."
Amber Sunset
cdcbd62
?
No.143348
143349
"Okay, Mr. Sword, have a very nice day!" she says farewell.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
0ba4c80
?
No.143349
143350
>>143348
>>143342
"Goodbye, Miss Sunset!"

He bids the petite mare goodbye, and heads back out to the waiting cab with his purchase in his possession. He gives the driver the address for the hospital as his final stop with the driver.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143350
143352
>>143349
The hospital's address is further south and east, near the river
Amber Sunset
cdcbd62
?
No.143351
143353
That's a good place to end my session. Let me know if next time we should resume from the restaurant shift
Silver "The Floof" Sword
0ba4c80
?
No.143352
143353
>>143350
Indeed it is. Once he arrives, he pays the driver this last fare, thanks him for the rides, and exits the taxi with his possessions.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143353
143354
>>143351
Okay. Goodnight!

>>143352
And so, Silver exits the vehicle and walks towards a public hospital... carrying a dress, a suit, and multiple other items
Silver "The Floof" Sword
0ba4c80
?
No.143354
143355
>>143353
At least these items are in boxes. If he can, he puts them in his bags.

Once inside, he trots up to the receptionist.

"Hello, I was wondering if I could see couple of patients, see how they were doing. One is deer buck, and other is pony stallion. They both would have come in with their chest cavities cut open and stitched back togehter."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143355
143356
>>143354
The pony at the counter blinks

"Do you have names?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
0ba4c80
?
No.143356
143357
>>143355
"Eh...unfortunately not. They were not in state to give us their names when we found them. I am Silver Sword I was part of group that rescued them from 33 Hoebuck."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143357
143358
>>143356
"Let me look through the records. When were they admitted, and by who."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
0ba4c80
?
No.143358
143359
>>143357
He nods, and waits.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143359
143360
>>143358
She looks up
"That's a question. When were they admitted, and by who?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
0ba4c80
?
No.143360
143361
>>143359
"Oh! Sorry. It was three nights ago, and they would have been admitted by Baltimare PD, I believe."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143361
143362
>>143360
"Stabbings aren't that uncommon. But let me see."
She opens the book, and looks through.
"Oh. Well..." She looks back to him
"First, we will need some ID before you can visit."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143362
143363
>>143361
"Give me just one second..."

He digs through his bag's pockets a little, before producing his ID and showing it to the receptionist.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143363
143364
>>143362
She examines it, and then writes it down on a sheet of paper.

"Alright... The stag is named Mänty Kiire and is in room 223. The pony is not yet identified, and is in room 354. Both are in recovery."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143364
143365
>>143363
"Thank you."

Silver goes to visit Mänty first.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143365
143366
>>143364
Silver goes upstairs, and finds room 223.

Opening it, surely enough, Silver can see the dark brown head of a stag whose antlers have been sawed off a few inches past the skull.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143366
143367
>>143365
Silver peaks his head further in, calling out quietly.

"Hello? Mänty Kiire?"
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143367
143368
>>143366
The stag moves his head up, towards Silver. His chin and jaw are a lighter color, nearly white, while his coat is a reddish brown. He is lying on his back. He looks old. Perhaps only slightly younger than Silver, perhaps Silver's age. He says nothing.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143368
143369
>>143367
"I am Silver Sword. I am not sure if you remember, but I was part of group that rescued you. I wanted to check up on you, see how you were doing."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143369
143370
>>143368
"Silver Sword?" The stag speaks. He has a definite accent.

"You say you are one of those who rescued me?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143370
143371
>>143369
He nods.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143371
143372
>>143370
"You pulled me off the altar?" He asks
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143372
143672
>>143371
He nods again.
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143375
143376
Hello!
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143376
>>143375
Hello!
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143377
>>143286
Is Amber seating the newly arrived couple in Mustard's section, or any of the seven that just arrived after them?
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143378
143379
Amber makes sure to ask if the group of 7 is all together.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143379
143380
>>143378
The answer: no. It's a group of four, and a group of three
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143380
143381
>>143379
Biting her lip, Amber gives the outdoor table to the group of four.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143381
143382
>>143380
And the couple has just been passed up by a group that came in after them.

[1d4 = 4]
[1d4 = 1]
[1d4 = 1]

[1d4 = 2]
[1d4 = 4]
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143382
143383 143384
>>143381
Amber feels a pang of regret of having day-dreamed for even a moment, because she might have peeved a couple of customers.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143383
>>143382
[1d5 = 4]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143384
143385 143386
>>143382
More customers trickle in, as one of Larkhaven's tables opens up
Amber Sunset
5ee45d3
?
No.143385
143386
>>143384
The couple gets Larkhaven's table now.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143386
143387 143388
>>143385
>>143384
The couple, formerly passed up, gets the next set of seats.

Meanwhile, another three, and four, and two, and five wait
[1d3 = 1]

[1d4 = 3]
[1d4 = 1]
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143387
143388
>>143386
"Wew."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143388
143389 143390
>>143387
>>143386
Thus far, all will wait.

A few more ponies enter, though they seem to want the bar

[1d4 = 2]
[1d4 = 1]
[1d4 = 3]
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143389
143390 143392
>>143388
She says, "Oh, the bar is open if you'd like that," loudly enough for the rest to hear.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143390
143391
>>143389
>>143388
Among those entering are three ponies in formal suits, all adults, and a stallion, mare and two foals... all of the latter family having those webbed batwings.

Two ponies take Amber up on the offer to go to the bar. The fact that she doesn't see them come back may be indication enough there were seats available

[1d4 = 4]
[1d4 = 1]
[1d4 = 2]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143391
143392
>>143390
[1d5 = 4]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143392
>>143389
>>143391
And another Larkhaven table opens up
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143393
143394
Amber asks if the three are together. Maybe it might be possible to get an extra chair for the high table…
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143394
143395 143410
>>143393
The three are together, yes

[1d4 = 1]
[1d4 = 4]
[1d4 = 4]

[1d4 = 3]
[1d4 = 2]
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143395
143396 143397 143398
>>143394
Amber accompanies them and looks for an unused chair to move to the table.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143396
143397
>>143395
[1d2 = 2]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143397
143398
>>143395
>>143396
They prefer to wait for a table with lager capacity

In other news, two tables have left
[1d5 = 5]
[1d5 = 5]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143398
143399
>>143397
>>143395
Either mustard Trim is the most amazing waiter ever, or the protections outside have done very little to retain the heat, because two more Mustard Trim tables are out.
Amber Sunset
af51b71
?
No.143399
143400
>>143398
So four empty tables in total?
Anonymous
18aef5a
?
No.143400
>>143399
Three, considering that Amber just seated one. Two Mustard Trim, one Larkhaven.
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143401
143402
The bat family has to be moved outside to Mustard Trim's table, where Amber will feel more comfortable there's capacity. Amber asks the three in formal attire whether they'd be comfortable sitting outside as well.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143402
143403
>>143401
The trouble with bats is that, however far you banish them, they always seem to end up on pony land. The patio will have to do for this set. They are lead to the table wordlessly, although it's unsure whether the squeaking noise Amber hears is from an opening and closing door, or a bat.

The three ponies would again prefer to sit inside. There's some concern about the humidity and their clothing.

[1d4 = 1]
[1d4 = 4]

[1d4 = 1]
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143403
143404 143406 143407
>>143402
Seems satisfactory, though indoor seating is scarce.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143404
143405
>>143403
[1d5 = 5]

[1d4 = 2]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143405
143406 143408
>>143404
I'mma re-roll, because the dice despise Mustard Trim
[1d5 = 1]

Another couple shows up. Looks at least in their thirties, and both wear semi-formal attire.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143406
143407 143408
>>143405
>>143403
And one of De Sew's tables opens up
[1d4 = 3]
[1d4 = 4]
[1d4 = 1]

[1d4 = 1]
[1d4 = 3]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143407
>>143406
>>143403
As another family arrives (more bats. Is this an invasion?). Another three ponies also arrive
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143408
143409
>>143405
These can be given Larkhaven's high table.

>>143406
Finally, a spot for the three. "Thank you for your patience."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143409
143410
>>143408
They hastily take their seats, giving a nod to Amber.

The couple is lead to the table not long after arriving

[1d5 = 3]

[1d4 = 4]
[1d4 = 4]
[1d4 = 2]

[1d4 = 1]
[1d4 = 3]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143410
143411
>>143394
>>143409
[1d5 = 2]
[1d5 = 3]

[1d4 = 4]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143411
143412
>>143410
One of Melon Mangrove's tables has opened up,
As has one of Cream Pop's

A trio of young adults enters, as well as a larger group
Amber Sunset
5ee45d3
?
No.143412
143413 143414
>>143411
Amber breathes in and out. She asks the trio politely whether they would rather sit at a table or be at the bar. If there's room at Melon's table she'll put the larger group there.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143413
143414
>>143412
The trio isn't per se opposed to seating at the bar... But the bar is no less crowded than the remainder of the restaurant

[1d2 = 2]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143414
143415
>>143412
>>143413
The larger group won't fit at the one, freed table
Anonymous
965fb45
?
No.143415
143416 143418
>>143414
"I'm sorry, but y'all will have to wait for more seating to be available."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143416
143417
>>143415
[1d4 = 3]
[1d4 = 4]
[1d4 = 1]

[1d4 = 1]
[1d4 = 3]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143417
143418
>>143416
[1d5 = 1]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143418
>>143417
>>143415
One of De Sew's tables opens as a mare, a stallion, and a small foal arrive
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143419
143420 143421
I don't think there's room at one of De Sew's tables for a large group, so another of Melon's will have to be freed….
She gives De Sew's table to the small family.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143420
143421
>>143419
They are seated,

[1d4 = 3] [1d5 = 2]
[1d4 = 4]
[1d4 = 1]

[1d4 = 2]
[1d4 = 1]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143421
143422
GoodNewsEveryone.jpg
>>143419
>>143420
Good news!

One of Melon Mangrove's tables just opened up

Another couple has arrived
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143422
143425 143426
>>143421
Splendid! The large group can finally sit down.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143425
143426 143427
>>143422
And they sit their black asses down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U-et8qOXLs

A couple is still there

[1d4 = 2] [1d5 = 1]
[1d4 = 4]
[1d4 = 3]

[1d4 = 2]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143426
143427
>>143425
>>143422
Another couple enters

And another table of Melon Mangrove's leaves
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143427
143428 143429
>>143425
>>143426
The couple there first gets to sit at Melon's table.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143428
143429
>>143427
One couple remains

[1d4 = 3] [1d5 = 2]
[1d4 = 2]
[1d4 = 2]

[1d4 = 2]
[1d4 = 3]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143429
143430
>>143427
>>143428
... But another couple enters. As does an older mare with two adolescent colts.
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143430
143431 143432 143434
>>143429
Oh dear! Amber frets about this, though less so than before when it was even more overwhelming.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143431
143432
>>143430
[1d2 = 2] [1d4 = 2] [1d4 = 4] [1d4 = 4]
[1d2 = 2] [1d5 = 3]
[1d2 = 1]

[1d4 = 3]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143432
143433 143435
>>143431
>>143430
The mare with the two adolescent colts is considering turning away

But another old couple with a middle aged couple in the same group enter
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143433
143434
>>143432
[1d5 = 1]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143434
>>143433
>>143430
But one of De Sew's tables, and one of Cream pop's booths opens up
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143435
143436 143438
>>143432
"Oh no, please don't leave! A table just opened up." She gives them Cream Pop's booth. The first remaining couple gets De Sew's table.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143436
143437
>>143435
Roll diplomacy for good measure
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143437
143438 143440
>>143436
[1d20+4 = 14]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143438
143439 143440 143441
>>143437
>>143435
It looks like this succeeds

The two couples (one group) remain waiting

[1d4 = 4] [1d5 = 4]
[1d4 = 3] [1d4 = 4]

[1d4 = 2] [1d4 = 3]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143439
143440
>>143438
[1d5 = 4]
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143440
>>143437
>>143438
>>143439
One couple enters, as does another family with a young looking mare and stallion with two small foals.

Two tables leave. Both Larkhaven.
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143441
143442
>>143438
Amber asks the two couples, "You wouldn't mind eating at separate tables that are close together, would you?"
Anonymous
18aef5a
?
No.143442
143443
F09A25D9-AD7E-4E65-9471-B86F416A0943.jpeg
>>143441
A mare answers
“The point of going out with my son and daughter in law, is to go out with my son and daughter in law.”
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143443
143498 143500 143502
>>143442
"Erm, of course. Please wait a moment." The two couples not affiliated with them are called forth and given Larkhaven's tables.
Shimmering Spark
9145bf6
?
No.143444
143446 143453
Spark continues down the road with the wolves.
Anonymous
db73095
?
No.143446
>>143444
Trips, held securely in hoof
Silver "The Floof" Sword
0ba4c80
?
No.143449
143450
I bet the next post will be amazing!
Amber Sunset
67ffaa0
?
No.143450
143452
>>143449
Be patient, it'll likely be a few days.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
0ba4c80
?
No.143452
>>143450
hopes for soon
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143453
143454
>>143444
The road continues, curving in a large arc, occasionally intersecting with or splitting off into what must be other major roads. The group periodically passes the slant-roofed, mostly one or two story buildings that dot the length of the road: a furniture store here, and a firestation there. But this is no commercial avenue, nor residential street. It is a larger thoroughfare that evidently connects parts of the city, and for the most part commercial and residential constructions exist further away from the road. Yet few trucks, carts and automobiles pass them, and even fewer pedestrians. Some do, forcing the group to stay well clear on the side. Though most of the length is adorned with sidewalks, in areas there is only the snow covered grass, forcing them to walk in the snow.

Perhaps it isn't the occupation that keeps ponies off the roads. There is something unpleasant about the air. The temperature has not risen above 20 with the afternoon sun, and whereas the forest had trees, and the denser parts of the city multistory buildings, to block the flow of the wind, it blows unimpeded here, perhaps even funneled by the buildings around it. Snowflakes, sometimes large, sometimes small, fall in small numbers from the clouded and overcast sky. There is a hint of diesel and coal smoke in the air. The doctor tries to keep his legs close together, and his head closer to his chest in the cold and wind. Waabishki is is not fazed by the wind and weather, but her nose twitches at the faint but unwelcome smell. Makade is not bothered by either, simply pressing forward.

Roll die
Shimmering Spark
9145bf6
?
No.143454
143455
>>143453
[1d20 = 18]
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143455
143456
>>143454
The group turns off onto an avenue, and then a couple blocks to Rainey Street. Spark's journey is uneventful, really, though drones in uniform and with guns occasionally stand in pairs at street corners. The distance travelled by the creatures in total isn't actually that great, perhaps three and a half miles in full. Rainey street is two lanes, paved in concrete, and sided by parallel parking spaces and street lamps. Carts dominate over automobiles, which are scarce, at least out in the open. To each side are rowhouses, with a small patch of grass or tree in front of some and a short walkway to each door. The houses are two floors, though often windows are placed in the slanted or sometimes gambrel roofs, and walls vary in color from grey brick to bright red, usually alternating so that houses can be differentiated from each other.

325 Rainey Street is a house of approximately this description - a bright red two floor brick house with a window appearing out of a gambrel roof, closed blinds on the windows, a ight orange wooden door with a small window on the front, and a leafless tree only twice Spark's height in front.

Spark has arrived
Shimmering Spark
9145bf6
?
No.143456
143457
>>143455
Spark knocks on the door.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143457
143458
>>143456
For a moment, there is nothing. But Spark sees a movement through the small window, and the door opens part way. Through the crack, the muzzle of a grey unicorn sticks out, looks over to Spark.

"Who is it?"
Shimmering Spark
9145bf6
?
No.143458
143459
>>143457
"Makade and company. May I ask you who you are as well?"
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143459
143460
>>143458
With a hint of uncertainty, or unease, the pony answers
"Ply Press"

Barely a second has passed before his eyes turn past Spark and to those behind him. He quickly swings open the door, and Spark can see that he wears a green sweater. He smiles, and turns his head back, yelling into the room

"Petal Dew, Lyka is here!"
Shimmering Spark
9145bf6
?
No.143460
143461
>>143459
Hmm...
Spark turns to Makade to see his reaction.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143461
143462
>>143460
Makade leans a bit to the side and slightly lowers his make, while Waabiski’s ears rise to attention with intrigue.
Shimmering Spark
9145bf6
?
No.143462
143463
>>143461
Spark motions them inside.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143463
143464
>>143462
The doctor moves forward rather quickly, shaking and patting his fur before entering to remove the few flakes of snow.
"So good to be out of the cold" He remarks

Waabishki is next, and she moves her head around looking from side to side. Makade is last, cautiously walking in. Ply Press walks forward towards Makade, and asks
"What brings you back?"

The entry foyer is kind of small, with stairs to the right, and over to the left is a larger room with wood floors, a chair, two couches, a radio, a couple tables and several pictures up. There is a small hallway between the stairs and the room
Shimmering Spark
9145bf6
?
No.143464
143465
>>143463
Spark watches if Makade will answer.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143465
143466
>>143464
Makade looks over to Spark, with an almost unsettled expression, as if he expects Spark to answer for him. When this does not occur, he turns back to look at Ply Press.

"We are here for... well, for medical services for someone from the Zagaskway. We were... well, we need to stay somewhere, for at least a few hours. So I came here."

A rose red unicorn mare with her brown mane tied back and wearing a blue shirt walks down the stairs.
"Lyka! You're back!" She immediately runs to Makade, and sits down in front of him, pressing her hooves into each of his cheeks
Shimmering Spark
9145bf6
?
No.143466
143467
>>143465
Spark smiles.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143467
143468
1507355229015.gif
>>143466
Makade folds his ears back as she continues rubbing his cheeks, and then expresses surprise and then fear as she comes in for a hug
"It's been so long. I was worried for you!"

Waabishki, who sits at a safe distance, desn't hide her smile
Shimmering Spark
9145bf6
?
No.143468
143469
>>143467
"I'm sorry for the unannounced arrival. The circumstances have been a bit unavoidable."
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143469
143470
>>143468
She looks up for a moment in the direction of Spark. Ply Press is already looking his way. She gets up, an walks over towards Spark, granting Makade a reprieve. "Why hello! I'm Petal Dew. Who are you?"
She offers a hoof to shake
Shimmering Spark
9145bf6
?
No.143470
143471
>>143469
Spark shakes her hoof.
"I'm Spark. It's nice to meet you."
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143471
143472
>>143470
She shakes his hoof. Her shake is firm, but she releases perhaps more quickly than her excitement would imply.
"What brings you here?"
Shimmering Spark
9145bf6
?
No.143472
143473
>>143471
"There was a bit of a medical emergency in Madake's village. We had to transport his friend over to the hospital here for treatment."
Spark is curious about the new name, but figures that they must have a nickname for each other.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143473
143474
>>143472
She turns over back to Makade, and quickly walks back to him
"'Makade'? Using your tribal name?"
Without warning, she presses her hoof onto Makade's head, much to his displeasure.
"I think it's cute."
Shimmering Spark
9145bf6
?
No.143474
143475
>>143473
"I hope you don't mind us staying for a little while. We won't be allowed back to the hospital to check on him until the procedure is done."
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143475
143476
>>143474
"Oh, not at all! We don't get visitors too often since moving here. Why don't you sit yourself down, and make yourself comfortable on those couches. That one right there we got new from Stinny's, since we had to leave the one we had back at the ranch. Do you need anything? Maybe anything to drink, or to eat?"
Shimmering Spark
9145bf6
?
No.143476
143477
>>143475
"I do hate to ask you for such a favor, but I'm sure everyone would like something warm to help thaw out."
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143477
143478
>>143476
"Oh, it's no problem at all. Let me make some tea for you."
And like that, she runs out of the room and through a door that enters into what is presumably the living room over on the left.

This leaves the doctor, who sits on a couch, Waabishki, who sits on the ground, and Makade, who has not made it far past the entry foyer. Ply Press continues standing, looking at the group.
"Well, uh... make yourself comfortable here."
Shimmering Spark
9145bf6
?
No.143478
143479
>>143477
"I don't mean to pry, but she mentioned a ranch. Did you move here recently?"
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143479
143480
>>143478
"Oh. Yes. We had a property out in Lake County with 40 acres, mostly forest. It was nice, very nice. Not really a 'ranch' because we didn't raise animals, but we call it that. We had it for very many years. I bought it not that long after getting the job with Cardinal from a friend of my father... not long after marrying Petal. But yes, we had to sell it. The, uh, the Changelings... they don't like ponies who live out in the forest. Fortunately I knew somepony in Whinnyapolis who had the house here, so I got a good deal on this house. It's nice, but I miss the backyard.
Shimmering Spark
9145bf6
?
No.143480
143481
>>143479
"Interesting. Maybe I will take it off their hooves sometime. What's this job that you had?"
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143481
143482
>>143480
He tilts his head at the "Take it off their hooves" comment, but he quickly answers Spark's comments

"Cardinal Machinery. I worked as a liaison with the Lumber industry. What I would do is engineering work adjusting and repairing the machines that they sell that slice lumber into veneer. And especially I would work on the machines that would press wood together. I still work with them, sort of."
Shimmering Spark
9145bf6
?
No.143482
143483
>>143481
"Sort of?"
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143483
143484
>>143482
"Well... The company was placed under a regulatory commission, and is under new management. But my knowledge as an engineer is still valued, so I still work on press machines."
Shimmering Spark
9145bf6
?
No.143484
143485
>>143483
"How's the management?"
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143485
143486
>>143484
"It's, well... It's different."
Shimmering Spark
9145bf6
?
No.143486
143487
>>143485
"How so?"
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143487
143488
>>143486
"Well, they are Changelings."
Shimmering Spark
9145bf6
?
No.143488
143489
>>143487
"Right. Do they mistreat you?"
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143489
143490
>>143488
"Well... let's say they have a very particular idea of what they want, and how they think it should be done, and they, well they don't always have the best understanding of the machines or the processes in question, or the idiosyncrasies of the local timber."
Shimmering Spark
9145bf6
?
No.143490
143491
>>143489
"New management hardly ever understands."
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143491
143492
>>143490
"Yeah... heh heh. It's different under... creatures who are a bit less flexible than some others."

At this time, Petal comes back in the room, looking out and yelling
"Water is ready! Do you want tea, coffee maybe?"
Shimmering Spark
9145bf6
?
No.143492
143493
>>143491
Spark motions to the wolves to have first pick.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143493
143494
>>143492
Makade:
"Nothing"
Petal:
"Oh, but surely you must"

Makade:
"It's okay"

Petal:
"Don't worry, we stocked up during the War. We have enough to give out."

Waabishki:
"I will take tea"

Petal's eyes grow wide
"You brought a girl? Oooooh! What is her name?"

Ply:
"Are you just now noticing?"

And with this, Makade and Waabishki's expression changes
Shimmering Spark
9145bf6
?
No.143494
143495
>>143493
Spark is not sure what to say, so he sees how the wolves will handle it.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143495
143496
>>143494
Waabishki looks startled, finding herself less safe than she was before. She wraps her tail around herself.

Petal comes into the room, smiling and drawing breath
"Is this your 'someone' she's so pretty."
She comes closer to Waabishki, who scrunches

Waabishki:
"No."

Petal:
"You two would look so cute together"

Waabishki
"No."

Maakade smiles, evidently enjoying this. Petal tries to come even closer to Waabishki, seemingly to want to make some sort of physical contact, but Waabishki bares her teeth, causing Petal to back off
"Still."
Shimmering Spark
9145bf6
?
No.143496
143498
>>143495
"You said it has been a long time. How long has it been since Makade came by last?"
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143497
143498
waves
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143498
143499 143554
>>143496
Ply Press, still standing, answers
"We haven't seen him at all since the beginning of the War. Not when he left for training. And not much really even since he went up to Zagaskway."

>>143497
waves back

>>143443
Hmmm.... Roll diplomacy
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143499
143500
>>143498
[1d20+4 = 16]
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143500
143501
>>143499
>>143443
Wait... I am confused as to what is being attempted here
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143501
143502
>>143500
To get them to wait for a table that can seat four ponies.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143502
143503
>>143443
>>143501
I believe that one couple is waiting, along with two sets that are between three and five.
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143503
143504 143505
>>143502
The couple has to get a high table.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143504
143505
>>143503
They are seated, as those left waiting are placated

[1d4 = 3] [1d5 = 4]
[1d4 = 1]
[1d4 = 4]

[1d4 = 4]
[1d4 = 3]
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143505
143506
>>143504
>>143503
And another Larkhaven table clears out, as still another small group arrives
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143506
143507
>>143505
Oh Princess, I hope that this ends soon... she wishes to herself.
Amber proposes to the group of three to eat at a high table, bringing an extra chair from another high table (leaving it suitable as a table for one).
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143507
143508
>>143506
The third pony is a bit skeptical
"Does that really leave us with enough room for our food, though?"
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143508
143509 143510
>>143507
"...I don't know what you want to order, maybe not."
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143509
143510
>>143508
[1d2 = 1]
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143510
143511
>>143509
>>143508
After a moment, they answer
"Sure, we'll give it a try"

[1d4 = 4] [1d4 = 1] [1d5 = 5]
[1d4 = 2] [1d4 = 4]

[1d4 = 3]
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143511
143512 143513
>>143510
She smiles happily. "You'll like it, I'm sure."
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143512
143513
>>143511
They are seated. The lack of table space is definitely a possible issue, but it is so.

One of Mustard Trim's tables clears out

[1d5 = 5]
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143513
143514
>>143512
>>143511
... Two of Mustard Trim's tables have cleared out
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143514
143515
>>143513
She goes to the group of five. "There are seats available for you now."
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143515
143516
>>143514
They are seated

But what of the two connected couples?
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143516
143517
>>143515
Uh oh, she had suspected she neglected something. Is there space at one of Mustard's tables for all four of them?
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143517
143518
>>143516
Yes.
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143518
143519
>>143517
With a quick apology she brings them all over.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143519
143520
>>143518
And they are seated
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143520
143521 143522
>>143519
Hopefully there are no more headaches.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143521
143522
>>143520
[1d4 = 3] [1d4 = 3] [1d5 = 5]
[1d4 = 1] [1d4 = 4] [1d5 = 4]

[1d4 = 3] [1d4 = 4]
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143522
143523
1496187300870.png
>>143521
>>143520
Well...
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143523
143524
>>143522
Life is hard, life is stressful.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143524
143525
>>143523
Another Mustard Trim table opens up, and another larkhaven table opens up, as a group of four mares (looks like friends) and a larger party enters
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143525
143526
>>143524
She asks the ladies, "Hello, would you all like a table or would you prefer to sit at the bar?"
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143526
143527
>>143525
"Well... a table might be better..."
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143527
143528 143529
>>143526
A small sigh escapes the petite mare. "There's a table on the patio."
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143528
143529
>>143527
And thus, that table is seated.

[1d4 = 2] [1d4 = 1] [1d5 = 2]
[1d4 = 1] [1d4 = 2] [1d5 = 1]

[1d4 = 1] [1d4 = 1]
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143529
143530
>>143528
>>143527
Some singles come in, but no tables leave
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143530
143531 143532
>>143529
A single who intends to dine is given the high table with one chair, the others are informed they'll have to enjoy themselves at the bar.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143531
143532
>>143530
And so, all tables are filled again

[1d4 = 2] [1d4 = 4] [1d5 = 4]
[1d4 = 3] [1d4 = 4] [1d5 = 1]

[1d4 = 2]
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143532
143533
>>143531
>>143530
One of De Sew's tables opens, as does one of Larkhaven's. Meanwhile, another table of Larkhaven opens
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143533
143534 143535
>>143532
Larkhaven's patrons must be in a hurry.... She tries to see if the large group can be squeezed together at De Sew's table.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143534
143535
>>143533
[1d2 = 1]
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143535
143536
>>143534
>>143533
Pack 'em in like cord wood
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143536
143537
>>143535
Fortunately they seemed accepting of it, having seen how crowded the restaurant is.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143537
143538
>>143536
It's also a young group, perhaps teenagers or young adults
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143538
143539
>>143537
I wish I had a group of friends like that I could do things with, she thinks wistfully to herself. Maybe when I get settled down more.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143539
143540
>>143538
A pony can dream though. A pony can dream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SaH_JdyQ8M

The real question is, how many more cycles of tables do you want to go through?
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143540
143541
>>143539
It's getting a little repetitive, even for me. I've been looking forward to whatever happens next tonight.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143541
143542
>>143540
The patrons come in waves, and as Amber stands strong, the wave crests and breaks. More enter, but from this point onwards, the number entering is fewer than those leaving. Amber catches a break, and nears the end of her shift.
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143542
143543
>>143541
Although it's less stressful for Amber she still must focus on her job. The strain of standing relatively still for a long period of time and her hunger makes it difficult for her, but she continues to put on a cheerful demeanor for newcomers while wishing those who leave a good night.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143543
143544
>>143542
More... then more... And then finally, 10:30. The cut off for new patrons, at least outside of the bar
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143544
143545
>>143543
She sits down on the floor by the entrance and rubs at her eyes with a fetlock, yawning. It takes her a moment to consider whether she's actually free at this time.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143545
143546
>>143544
The restaurant isn't closed yet but it is for new patrons. No more hostess work, but she can't leave yet either.
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143546
>>143545
Amber goes into the restaurant and tries not to get in anypony's way. She looks around to see how the waiters have managed and if they're as tired as she is.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143547
143548
Melon has become more lax, talking to a table. Larkhaven, slightly displeased, stands near the kitchen. De Sew is still moving. Cream Pop isn't visible at the moment. Mustard Trim is still running around. Their jobs are not done yet,
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143548
143549 143565
>>143547
They're doing pretty well for themselves, I hope I can get myself to keep such a brisk pace even on busy days. Seeing what Melon is doing, an idea forms in her mind. She goes to a nearby table and politely asks the occupants, "Hello all, have you been having a good time?"
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143549
143550
>>143548
A skinny white stallion looks up to Amber
"Uh... sure!"
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143550
143551
>>143549
"We've, um, had a lot of customers tonight. It's a nice day to eat out, isn't it?" she asks cheerfully.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143551
143552
But now I have to go to sleep

>>143550
"Well, yeah. It's fun to go out with friends."
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143552
143564
>>143551
Goodnight!
"It brings joy to my heart to see so many ponies enjoy the company of friends, and I'm glad to be able to help them in a small way. Hopefully I can enjoy the pleasure myself soon, but having just arrived at Baltimare it might be a little while."
Shimmering Spark
9145bf6
?
No.143554
143555
>>143498
"That's quite some time. Did he write at all?"
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143555
143556
>>143554
"Oh yes. We sent him letters, and we got a few from him. One at the beginning of the War, one when he was sent in for training, and one just after its end. But we hadn't heard from him in months. We were worried about him."
Shimmering Spark
9145bf6
?
No.143556
143559
>>143555
Spark takes a look around the room.
"The changelings haven't made it particularly easy for the mail to be sent to and from a forest. But, hopefully that will start to change in the coming months."
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143557
143558 143559
waves
Shimmering Spark
9145bf6
?
No.143558
>>143557
waves back
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143559
143560
>>143556
"No. No, they haven't."
And after a pause, he adds
"Why is that?"

>>143557
waves
Shimmering Spark
9145bf6
?
No.143560
143561
>>143559
"Just a feeling and a hope that things will be right again."
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143561
143562
>>143560
"A hope... yes..."

At this point, Petal has provided tea, as well as some sort of pastry
Shimmering Spark
9145bf6
?
No.143562
143563
>>143561
"Have you given up, or do you see hope left out there?"
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143563
143793 143794
>>143562
"Well..." This question causes him pause, and Petal starts talking to either the Doctor or Makade - hard to tell.

"Things could be a whole lot worse. I have my health, my lovely Petal Dew, a nice house, and our Lyka is back. Things could really be a whole lot worse."
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143564
143565 143580 143581
>>143552
"Well, um, I don't want to bother you any longer.
Enjoy the rest of these fixin's and have a good evening!"
She goes into the kitchen for the unenviable prospect of begging for daily bread.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143565
143566
>>143564
>>143548
Aww... I'll have the stallion make his response to the original question

The stallion is slightly awkward, but he answers
"Well, we here know each other from school. But you can also get to know ponies at the public swimming pool at the Williams Society."
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143566
143567
>>143565
Ignore my last reply, then
"The Williams Society? Is that close?"
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143567
143568
>>143566
"Well, they have a few places all around, but uh, yeah, there's one up north a couple miles, and one over in Westtown."
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143568
143569
>>143567
"Thank you, I'll go there when I have time. Anything I should bring with me?"
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143569
143570
>>143568
"Well, if you are looking to swim, then swimming outfits. Same for any sports."
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143570
143571
>>143569
"You have to wear clothes to go swimming?" She seems surprised by this.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143571
143572
>>143570
"Heh heh, no. Just if you want to keep your mane, coat and tail in order. Or if you want to be as sleek in the water as possible, for speed."
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143572
143573
>>143571
"Oh, thanks. You seem to know this city pretty well."
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143573
143574
>>143572
"Some. I've lived here all my life." He answers
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143574
143575
>>143573
"I've noticed there's more than one schoolhouse around. Are there any that provide music lessons?
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143575
143576
>>143574
"What do you mean? Like a class in secondary school, or special training?"
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143576
143577
>>143575
"I'm not sure what I'd qualify for, but I hope to get professional instruction someday if I can get a little bit of money. I like to sing and play stringed instruments."
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143577
143578
>>143576
"Oh. Well find you a band or a musician playing around at a bar or nightclub. They might give you some help."
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143578
143579
>>143577
She smiles. "I think something like that might happen soon. Thank you, mister."
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143579
143580
>>143578
"Uh, you're welcome." He says, smiling
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143580
>>143579
Now it's time for >>143564
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143581
143582
>>143564
The same zebra cook is there, as is a griffin male. Off to the side, in the back, is an unguarded loaf of bread, with dark crust.
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143582
143583
>>143581
Best not to be impolite....
She approaches the zebra cook. "Hello there, Mister...I don't think I got your name, sorry."
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143583
143584
>>143582
"Udo" He answers
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143584
143585
AmberSunset.png
>>143583
"Mister Udo." She pauses to collect her thoughts before continuing. "I hate to trouble you like this, but I'm downright famished and haven't had a bite all day. May I...may I please have some soup and bread?" She smiles sweetly at him.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143585
143586
>>143584
He turns around towards Amber, and places a fore-knee against a counter, smiling

"Well I don't know miss. Can you?"
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143586
143587
>>143585
"I'd really like it. Payday hasn't arrived for me yet so I haven't been able to buy food, but when it does I'll pay you back."
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143587
143588
>>143586
"Ma'am. I'm sure the owner doesn't mind if you take some left-over or sent back soup or bread" he answers
Amber Sunset
965fb45
?
No.143588
143589
>>143587
"Thank you kindly." Without another word she finds a bowl of soup that isn't marked to be sent out-or, if there isn't one, she grabs a bowl and fills it from a pot of soup. She also takes part of the loaf and finds a place to sit down to eat.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143589
143590
>>143588
There is a bowl of an orange substance an the dark brown loaf. A booth in Cream Pop's section has opened.
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143590
143591
>>143589
Silently and without getting in anypony's way Amber walks over on three hooves. Sliding into the booth she thanks the princesses-wherever they may be-for letting her have a meal on this day. "Bless this bounty with your radiance and majesty, and thank you for the sunlight and kindness it took to bring these gifts to this humble abode..."

She digs in rather quickly, not having any conversation to spend time in. She would rather savor the flavor of the food but given limited time eating hurriedly is the best option.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143591
143592
>>143590
The soup has a medium thickness to it, and a dark-orange red color, with leek, potato, a bit of alfalfa, carrot, and celery. And paprika. Lots of paprika. Perhaps more paprika than Amber would have preferred. The bread has a slightly tougher outer layer, and both the bread and the soup are cold, much colder than Amber could expect they were intended to be served.
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143592
143593
>>143591
She's grateful that it's a healthy meal at least and although the heavy spices make it hard to get down quickly, it does taste...interesting. She sops up the soup with the bread to soften it and make both easier to eat. Maybe it'd taste better if it was warmer. As she's eating she keeps an eye on how the waiters are doing.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143593
143594
>>143592
Cream Pop takes note of Amber's presence, given that she is in his section. Salt Mixer is still busy at the bar. Larkhaven is a bit lazy in his movements, and Mustard Trim runs frantically back and forth the few times he leaves the patio. De Sew and Melon Mangrove are not visible here.

The bread goes pretty well with the soup.
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143594
143595
>>143593
Amber looks at Mustard with a hint of regret. He's burning the wind moving so fast, he's going to wear himself out. I wanted to talk with him a bit, I guess that'll have to wait. I don't think I can even help without getting in the way... She checks the time and with a sense of urgency finishes the meal, trying to get the last crumbs and bit of soup. Once she does so she carries the bowl back to the kitchen sink.

She asks somepony, perhaps the griffon, "Excuse me, do you happen to have a pen or pencil?"
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143595
143596
>>143594
The griffin narrows his eyes and looks at her oddly
"Did you lose the one at the hostess stand?"

He has a hint of an accent, and it's a bit different from what she's heard before.
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143596
143597
>>143595
She shakes her head. "Nope, don't worry. I, erm, just wanted to write a note." She bashfully backs away and heads back out of the kitchen, making sure to grab a paper napkin or towel on the way. Is the pen at the hostess stand still there?
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143597
143598
>>143596
Roll die
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143598
143599
>>143597
[1d20 = 14]
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143599
>>143598
The pen is there, on the side of the stand, next to a piece of paper
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143600
143601
Amber puts the pen in her mouth and writes the following message on the napkin:
Mustard,
I have to go now to meet a pony named Dark Descent. I'm told he's the owner of the Club Maurice on Falabella and I was asked to go see him before midnight. Not sure what it is or why tonight but it must be important.
Sorry I don't have time to chat tonight. See you tomorrow.
-Amber

The mouthwriting is surprisingly decent though the pattern on the paper breaks up the letters a bit.

Once Amber is finished she folds up the napkin, puts the pen back on the stand and goes to Salt Mixer. "When Mustard is finished could you hoof this to him?" She slides the snapkin over the bar (obviously in a dry area).
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143601
143602
>>143600
"Hmmm?" It takes her a moment to notice that Amber is talking to her

"Yeah, sure."
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143602
143603
>>143601
"Oh, and could you tell me where the Club Maurice is?
I've been told it's on Falabella but I don't know where that is.
It's not too far, is it?"

Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143603
143604
>>143602
"Club Maurice? That's over on east side, a bit south of here. Follow 13th.... uh, take a right to get to thirteenth from here, but follow13th until you get to Fallabella, then go south about... oh, I don't know how long. Some blocks. But you'll see the sign."
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143604
143605
>>143603
"How long would it take to get there at a brisk trot?
If it's alright with you, I'd like to be excused now and make it within an hour, hopefully having time to stop at my apartment on the way."
She asks this nervously, but not in a shameful sort of way, more like a filly asking for permission to go somewhere.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143605
143606
>>143604
She looks up at the clock

Amber is basically asking to leave before the nominal end of her shift/get out of cleaning up. Roll diplomacy
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143606
143607
>>143605
"Please, it's really important. I'm not going there to have fun, but I've been called on business."
[1d20+4 = 21]
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143607
143608
>>143606
"Well... Okay, but you're going to have to stay longer to clean up next time." She answers
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143608
143609
>>143607
"I don't mind. Oh, thank you!" She pauses, then asks, "How long does it take to get there again?"
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143609
143610
>>143608
"It can depend, but maybe 20 minutes"
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143610
143611
>>143609
"Alright. Thank you again and goodnight." Amber fastens her head scarf and cloak and heads out at a canter's pace. However, the direction she's going is that of her apartment.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143611
143612
>>143610
It's a bit chilly, and the sidewalk is wet. There are numerous lights, and a few ponies, carts, and automobiles.
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143612
143613
>>143611
Amber avoids any visible puddles in her way. The combination of her clothing, leaving a heated building and exertion helps stave off the cold.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143613
143614
>>143612
With all the clothing that she wears, she'll be hot, if anything.

It takes her some time, but she arrives back at her apartment
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143614
143615
>>143613
Amber takes the time to wipe off her hooves before going inside, but otherwise is in a hurry. She takes off her clothing, relieves herself in the bathroom, and takes a 2-minute shower. After shaking off most-but not all-of the excess water she straightens her hair with a brush and puts her dress back on, making sure it's straight. All in all, much faster than the average city mare could realistically achieve. Once her cloak and headscarf's back on she heads out again, this time at a trot heading south to the 13th or Falabella, whichever one she reaches first on the way.

Glad I took the time to look presentable. I hope the chill doesn't get to me but I shouldn't be out long.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143615
143616
>>143614
I'm skeptical of her ability to dry herself, but otherwise this is as described. Fallabella runs north to south, and Amber goes first west to Fallabella, and then south along it
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143616
143617
>>143615
If she knows the address number of the club she should know what side of the road it's on. Unfortunately, she is not completely dry but this state of affairs could be chalked up to the weather, and her woolen dress ought to help keep her warm.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143617
143618
>>143616
Amber goes down the street until she comes to the location indicated. To her left is a rather long building mostly unassuming on the outside with white colored walls and at least two floors in height. There is a revolving door, and above that, neon illuminated lights saying "Club Maurice." If there are any kinds of special decorations or themes, they are not illuminated; not tonight.
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143618
143619
>>143617
Amber's heart beats faster as she comes to this unfamiliar place. She looks side to side before venturing inside.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143619
143620
>>143618
The streets are hardly empty, with ponies passing. As soon as Amber enters, there is a Diamond Dog standing to her left. He is giant, and buff. Though he stares her down, he says nothing, and leaves Amber to herself. Shortly through the entrance Amber can see the interior with red carpet floors, and a hall with tables, an open dancing area, and a second floor railing above, with booths underneath. A few dim lights move. There is music as well; perhaps not the jazz or swing style she may have been expecting, but something a bit more classical in style. A viol plays wildly, with an intoxicated enthusiasm that varies between rapture and frantic escape. There are a number of ponies inside at various tables and booths, mostly couples and single individuals.
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143620
143621
>>143619
Amber is taken aback by the beautiful interior, which is a pleasant surprise to say the least. The interior is nothing short of palatial for the humble farm pony, with the music only reinforcing this display of class. She's so transfixed by a place totally out of her league that she forgets to move. Without having taken off her burlap cloak she certainly looks out of place.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143621
>>143620
At least for the moment, this is okay. The door's silent guardian stares at Amber, but thus far, he is alone in noticing her. On the dance floor, a couple - they look intoxicated - try and fail to match the pace of the viol. At a table a pair converse, and in a booth on the far side, if Amber squints at the shadowed booth, a couple makes out. At the railing on the second floor, a pony stands, looking to the left. From the way he moves his foreleg, he must be talking to a second pony just out of view, hidden by the ceiling of the floor above Amber.
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143622
143623
Amber blushes and looks away from the far booth once she sees their activity. She turns to the diamond dog guardian and nervously tries to speak up, but her voice sounds a little squeaky. "Um, excuse me, mister, but a "Dark Denizen" asked me to see him. Do you know where I can find him?"
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143623
143624
>>143622
He asks,
"Who sent you?"
It almost sounds as if he whistles these words, not because his voice occasionally breaks, but because there is an almost harmonic quality in his high pitched voice.
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143624
143625
>>143623
"Today a well-dressed mare in an automobile told me I would be sent for, and this evening a diamond dog told me to come meet Dark Denizen before midnight. He told me Mr. Denizen owns this nightclub, is that right?"
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143625
143626
>>143624
"Yes"
He almost lingers on the "y" sound, for a "Yyyyes"

He turns his head a bit to his left, and to Amber's right. He nods
"In an office in the back there. Your right."
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143626
143627
>>143625
"Um, okay, thank you." She follows this direction.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143627
143628
>>143626
Amber walks down, past a set of stairs leading up, past a few more booths, and towards the right side. More of the nightclub moves behind her and to her left, as evidenced by the sounds, and the waiter carrying drinks who moves by, but Amber goes forward, finding a set of doors on the right.
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143628
143629
>>143627
Amber heads forward, fast enough to have some sense of urgency but not so fast that she might inadvertently get in anypony's way. When she arrives at the doors she cautiously opens one and pokes her head through.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143629
143630
>>143628
A door moves open, to enter into a small hallway. Near the end of it is a peppered black and grey stallion, who observes Amber, before giving a nod
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143630
143631
>>143629
Everypony is so serious, it makes me feel uncomfortable....
She stops in front of the stallion, unsure of where she should go next.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143631
143632
>>143630
He looks down at Amber and examines her. But after a few seconds, he wordlessly opens a hardwood door next to him

"You may see her."
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143632
143634
>>143631
"Thank you...," she says, uncertainly. Walking through the entrance, she tries to see what kind of room it is.
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143633
143635
Sorry for dragging this on, looking forward to continuing tomorrow!
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143634
143641
>>143632
Entering into the room, Amber sees that it is definitely an office. The walls themselves are brightly varnished wood, with big shelves to each side, and a big walnut desk in the center. There are a number of items of curiosity; a purple geode sits on the left of the desk, and another with a pink color on the third row of the left shelf, and these are accompanied by many odd rocks with sedimentary bands. In front of the left shelf is a large log of what seems to be petrified wood. Yet not every item of curiosity is inorganic; on the shelf above is a preserved pink salamander, and another almost albino looking fish, or perhaps amphibian. Nor is everything lifeless. On the right side of the room is a fish tank with a crayfish-like at the bottom, and several slender, colorless fish.

All that is said above are things that might meet Amber's wandering eye in moments of anxiety or boredom, as for now her attention is most likely on what sits in front of her. Behind the desk is a mare, perhaps a little larger in size than the average. Her mane has this almost faux fur quality to it, and its jet black hair would certainly shine if the yellow light of the room were not so dim. Her coat is perhaps her most unusual feature, for her -red brown fur varies in color from point to paint, sometimes more red, more often brown, and occasionally speckled black. She looks very much the color of rust, or perhaps even dried blood. Her face bears an almost perfectly neutral expression, and her long muzzle ends with two incisors that hang out over her lips. The two large, brown wings that angle up beside her are webbed, not a unique quality among the ponies she's seen today, but the large finger-like hooks at their apertures stand out among what amber has seen before. She is relaxed back in her chair, and her eyes - locked on Amber - are the same pale pink color as the salamander on the shelf, or even the fish in the tank.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143635
>>143633
Goodnight!
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143641
143643
>>143634
Everything about this room catches Amber by surprise and she doesn't know how to respond. Rocks? Strange creatures? Not what I expected in a nightclub office. The strange-looking mare, looking odd and un-ponylike in every respect, reminds Amber of a gargoyle. She's starting to almost wish it was a sleazy kind of nightclub owner instead-if this is indeed the owner-even a griffon like Guido.

That being said, Amber has no option but to slowly approach, though a small part of her is regretting coming here at all.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143643
143644
>>143641
The air is filled with the smell of cigarette smoke. Not the smell that lingers in the air of rooms long accustomed to smoke, but rather the smell of a fresh cigarette, one that burns even now, as Amber sits before her.

The dark red-brown pony before Amber looks somewhat masuline in her long muzzle and her sheer, stallion-equaling size. Yet in every other regard - eye lashes, choice of mane styling, and even her slim torso and curves - she is adequately feminine, if not necessarily who Amber would have chosen for a mate. If she were a colt, that is. She speaks

"Hello there, little pony."

Her voice is strange. That much was to be expected. What is unexpected is the way in which it sounds strange. She has no strong accent. Not much accent at all, except what a foreigner might call Equestrian. Nor does her voice deviate from what may be expected of a pony mare - it's appropriately high pitched. What is strange, rather, is that the voice does not sound like it is coming from in front of Amber. The voice seems to come from behind, as if from an echo, or indeed, as if the words were directly projected into Amber's head. But surely they do not, as the creature's mouth opens with the words. She has a golden tooth on the bottom left, and her tongue seems a bit slimmer and tapered more than Amber would expect in a pony.

"You are the one called?"
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143644
143645
>>143643
The younger mare likely stands below eye level; her pupils narrow suddenly with the odd sound of the creature's voice. "Y-yes. I was...um, told to meet, uh, Dark Denizen, by, um, a diamond dog." She's quite visibly trembling despite the dress and cloak covering most of her body. "Are you...are you Dark Denizen?"
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143645
143646
>>143644
"Yes." She says plainly, and she sits up from her formerly relaxed position, and looks Amber up and down. Her lips pull back ever so slightly in a faint smile.

"Do you normally dress so heavily?" She asks.
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143646
143647
>>143645
Blinking, she replies, "It's, um, a cold day outside."
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143647
143648
>>143646
She nods, and has a more proper smile now. Her front fangs and teeth are a bit more visible.

"Indeed. Let me ask you. What do you know about why you are here? Or rather, where you are?"
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143648
143649
>>143647
Biting her lip, Amber shifts uneasily from hoof to hoof, not wanting to look at the creature directly. "I, um...I don't know.
I told a pony that I needed bits and I was told to wait for a message. Later I was told to come here."

Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143649
143650
>>143648
"Oh, don't spare my feelings. Tell me. What do you think is going on?"
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143650
143651
>>143649
"I thought, maybe...maybe I was being hired. I can play the mandolin. It...it might not be an instrument you want, but, um, I can learn another," she responds, with a glimmer of hope but carrying a much stronger note of anxiety.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143651
143652
>>143650
Her lips pull back a little more, and then a "heh." She answers

"Maybe in time, if you can play. If I am still here... Tell me, are you from this area?"
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143652
143653
>>143651
"Technically...I'm from a farm outside Baltimare. I came here a couple of days ago, erm, miss."
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143653
143654
>>143652
She nods, seeming pleased

From a sound behind, the door cracks open, and the mare looks up.

"Uh, denizen"

"Yes?"

"The inspector came back"

Her ears, with those strange tufts, move up, and her attention

"Did you offer him drinks?"

"Yes... He wouldn't take them. He, he says we need the work done by Wednesday."

And then, in a snap,

"How does he expect us to do that so quickly?!"

With her teeth bared, and after a moment

"If he wants a new door, I'll rip one in him!"

With this she throws a hoof on the table, and scratches into it. Perhaps Amber was expecting a claw instead.

"I'll... I just thought you needed to know."

The stallion closes the door, and for a moment, Denizen is distracted, looking down in distressed anger, and Amber is for some seconds no longer the subject of her own interview.
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143654
143655
>>143653
Denizen's outburst causes the hairs on Amber's coat to stand on end and she wonders if she could make a quiet exit unnoticed or if she would be stopped by the employees. It's okay, she's not angry at me...just...don't do anything that'll rile her up, and leaving all of a sudden might do that. She elects to shuffle off to the side and sit down quietly.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143655
143656
>>143654
The smile is gone, and does not return. Her entire attitude does not shift. With the stallion gone, Denizen's gaze turns back towards Amber. Her voice is more grounded now, but much sharper, and more direct.

"Do you know what that was about? No. You are not from this city. Good. May you never need to know the frustration. For ten long years I've run this night club, and finally got the controlling stake. We've had no problems with fires or any emergencies, save those couple times some drunk pony brought a gun in. No problem. But now, apparently that revolving door isn't enough. They want me to rip out the walls and put in two new doors. Rip out the walls and do it all by this Wednesday. Do you know why?"

She doesn't wait for a response
"Because they are looking for a distraction. A patsy. Anything to distract from their own sins. These New Marelanders shelled their own city with big naval guns when the Unions tried to take it back last Fall, and they look for any one else to turn into a villain. So last November, when a nightclub caught fire and burned all of those ponies alive, they jumped right at it. Lines of corpses? That one gets past the censors and gets published everywhere. Let 'greedy' nightclub owners be the boogeymare, and let's all just forget the fact that a shell landed near my apartment. The papers were more than happy to go along with this. Anything that sells.

And then just a few days ago, when a member of the city council, a star of the SDP was exposed as a pedophile? I've never seen a whole government so quickly pick up the crusading sword, trying to crack down on 'fire hazards'. Something to give the SDP a purpose. Make them protectors against 'greed' and 'the mob'. Make the ponies think there are worse ponies than them to look after your children. But I haven't forgotten the SDP selected a Colt Cuddler, and I haven't forgotten our 'protectors of ponykind' shelled us.

They say that what that nightclub owner did was wrong, locking the side doors. They've never run a club. Ponies just walk right out through them, don't pay their tab. I lose a lot of money that way. Instead they try to make it sound insidious, like I want my whole livelihood to burn down? No one wants that. No. Even they don't believe that. They just want a distraction. A club burned down out in Lavender a few years ago, that one killed a couple hundred as well, and no one even remembers it. Because it was before the war, the fat one was in charge, and no one in charge needed a villain to justify themselves"

After this rant, she is silent for a moment, and seems to have actually calmed down a little.

"But you don't know any of that. You don't need to know any of that. That's the point. You're not a player in the game. You are not a villain to them. You are as unassuming as they come. Small, adorable, innocent. Someone they don't expect. And that is why you are here."

A smile almost returns
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143656
143657
>>143655
Amber absorbs these words though she winces at the repeated mentions of death and worse. Her heart beats faster though as a sense of what's needed forms in her mind. Finally, when Denizen is finished, she asks, in a voice too quiet for the large room, "You want me to meet somepony...secretly?"
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143657
143658
>>143656
"You barely even need to meet a pony. Just pick something up" She holds her hoof up.
"And drop it off"
She places her hoof down
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143658
143659 143710
>>143657
"A...package delivery? But, why me?" she asks uncertainly.
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143659
143660 143710
>>143658
"Because they cannot make a villain of you. You don't have wealth or power, you don't have fangs or paws. You are not threatening, no one would suspect you, and you wouldn't have much to say even if they did."
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143660
143661
>>143659
Amber continues to look uneasy but she doesn't press on the importance of that criterion. "Well, I guess I can do it...what do I need to deliver and where?"
Anonymous
c51ae69
?
No.143661
143662
>>143660
Let's continue this tomorrow
Amber Sunset
cd9e24c
?
No.143662
>>143661
Alright, goodnight!
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143663
143665
still hopes for post soon
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143664
143665
still still hopes for post soon
Anonymous
ee8f78a
?
No.143665
143672
erhe.gif
>>143663
>>143664
Me 2.
Not a participant but I want to keep reading.
Shimmering Spark
9145bf6
?
No.143666
Should be back at it tomorrow.
Shimmering Spark
9145bf6
?
No.143670
Spark continues to listen into the conversations with the cute ponies and wolves.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143672
143673 143677
1385264093573.png
>>143665
Hello!

It's nice to see there are lurkers

>>143372
He turns his head a bit more directly in Silver's direction, so that both of his hazel eyes face him.

"I wondered, in my captivity, if the gods would intervene to stop those fools. I have long since lost faith, but some small part of me wondered. It appears they are still here, delivering justice at the last possible moment before it is irrelevant. So it appears, anyways."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143673
143674
>>143672
Silver looks right at this deer, who has been through literal hell, and nods. He comes closer to the bed where he rests.

"It was unfortunate we had not gotten there sooner, we could have stopped much more suffering that had happened. I would like to know your story, if you do not mind sharing."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143674
143675
>>143673
He continues looking at Silver with almost no expression, and half-closed eyes

"I do not need the attention, and do not wish to have anything published, but what do you want to know? I could tell many stories."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143675
143687
>>143674
"What was your life like before, well, incident at Hoebuck?"
Anonymous
bad5a63
?
No.143677
>>143672
>It's nice to see there are lurkers
There are, poner. Of course there are.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143680
hopes to continue again soon
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143681
still hopes
Shimmering Spark
9145bf6
?
No.143682
Might have some time this weekend.
Shimmering Spark
9145bf6
?
No.143684
143685
Can't wait to learn more about these characters
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143685
>>143684
Same here.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143687
143688
>>143675
He swallows, then answers
"I came here from Vanhoover, and Olenia before that."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143688
143689
>>143687
"What was your trade?"
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143689
143690
>>143688
"Forestry Officer of the Öst Kogg. Thirty-two years."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143690
143691
>>143689
"I suppose changelings changed that..."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143691
143692
>>143690
Silver can see his chest fall as air leaves it, and his eyes narrow to the slightest degree.

"They were a terror longer than many know."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143692
143693
>>143691
The unicorn nods.

"It was Olenia they struck at first, I have not forgotten. Preview of what was to come if they conquered Equestria. Is that what drove you to seek your way here?"
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143693
143694
>>143692
"No. You don't understand. It was almost a local legend that those in far cabins would go missing. What was more common - what I experienced - was the ghost walkers, who walked the woods, seeming to be lost hikers."

Then he abruptly stops
"Yes. There were other reasons, but... yes."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143694
143695
>>143693
Silver's ears perk up.

"'Ghost Walkers'?"
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143695
143696
>>143694
"Yes. That is what we called them. It is a legend in many parts of Olenia, but I know it to be real. I have seen it. Deer in the forest. They walked as if they were lost, usually. Like there was no purpose to their being there. They only wanted to find another deer. Usually they wore no special clothes. Fawns who strayed too far into the forest and got lost, stags who turn a wrong turn on a long and winding trail, or hikers or river prospectors who slipped and fell and bumped their heads and had no memory. Sometimes they wore special clothing that showed them to be a lumberjack, or a border guard. Sometimes the deer is a deer that is known to be missing, though that is less common than the legends say. But what you ought to know is they are not as they claim to be. Bortbytings; Changelings."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143696
143697
>>143695
"Hmm. I have heard of changelings doing this but have never seen it with my own eyes. It is common in deer lands?"
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143697
143698
>>143696
"Perhaps it is not as common as some may think. But they try eveything. The stolen fawn replaced with a bortbyting, the doe in need of help on the roadside, and even the doe of ill virtue in the cities. They raided as well, when they could."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143698
143699
>>143697
"Ahh, that is all more familiar to me. They have practiced their craft for as long as they have existed, and have honed it well. During war, if soldier wandered off alone they would be replaced in just couple of minutes with nopony realizing it had happened."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143699
143700
>>143698
He slowly nods, maintaining his eyes on Silver.

“They will take any chance you give them.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9700115
?
No.143700
143701
>>143699
"Indeed."

He looks up and down at the stag laying in his hospital bed, while chasing away visions back to how he and the others had originally found him.

"So, what was it that drove you to seek out Equestrian shores, if changelings were only one part of it?"
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143701
143702
>>143700
His chest is not fully covered, and Silver can see stitching and bandages covering down the middle

"My daughter moved to Vancouver, near In-laws, about eleven years ago. She wanted to work on clocks and watches."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143702
143703
>>143701
He nods.

"What about after Vanhoover stopped being...Equestrian..."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143703
143704
>>143702
"She doesn't fix clocks" He answers
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143704
143705
>>143703
"Ah...I do not explain myself well. What was reason you went from Western to Eastern Equestria, after changelings took over?"
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143705
143706
>>143704
He turns his head slightly, angling his long muzzle a little closer in the direction of Silver

"Is the answer not in the question..."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c95152b
?
No.143706
143831
>>143705
"Yes, but you said there were other reasons."
Amber Sunset
09c4737
?
No.143708
143709
waves
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143709
>>143708
Is waved at

waves back
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143710
143711
I'm striking >>143659 because I am not really satisfied with it.

>>143658
"Why you? Don't you understand who you are? You are Equestria. To them at least. The police, the occupation, the City. They see you with your heavy clothes, your frankly adorable demeanor... your innocence. They see their little pony. The pony they think themselves the divinely chosen protectors of. The police aren't going to think you are running illegal gambling operations out of the backrooms. They won't stop you to search you for 'stolen goods' as you walk the streets at midnight. You look cute, with your little light colored muzzle - no fangs sticking out. No one would think to stop or challenge you, not police, nor soldiers, nor journalists, nor even gangsters. You could start a fire here, in my nightclub, and burn all I've worked for this past decade to a ground, and I would be charged with manslaughter... that's exactly what happened to that poor stallion up in Albion... But it's not just how others see you. You aren't scared. You probably would be if you knew what you were dealing with, but you don't, and that is what counts. You could run into Chrysalis, and just say 'sorry ma'am.'"
Amber Sunset
09c4737
?
No.143711
143712
>>143710
The 'cute' pony paws the carpet uneasily, and only when Dark finishes does she make eye contact. "You don't want me to start a fire, do you? Or go into the Changeling Lands?
Hehe...."
She nervously chuckles.
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143712
143713
>>143711
"No... No. Somepony else started the fire. We want you to put it out."
Amber Sunset
09c4737
?
No.143713
143714
>>143712
She blinks. "Shouldn't you call the fire department?
Why isn't everypony in a rush before it spreads--"
Realization suddenly sparks in her eyes. Oh, you're using a metaphor, sorry...."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143714
143715
>>143713
"Heh. Precisely."
Amber Sunset
09c4737
?
No.143715
143716
>>143714
"Well, as long as I'm not hurting anypony...."
Anonymous
6ec7d89
?
No.143716
143717
>>143715
"Don't you worry, little pony. So long as everypony is paying attention, no one will get hurt."
Amber Sunset
09c4737
?
No.143717
143718
>>143716
"Erm, I hope so...." She shifts her weight nervously, not being able to work up the courage to say anything else.