/vx/ - Videogames and Paranormal


If you want to see the latest posts from all boards in a convenient way please check out /overboard/
Note: JS is reccomended to be able to post effortlessly, but I am working on a system where that won't be needed.

Name
Email
Subject
By clicking New Reply, I acknowledge the existence of the Israeli nuclear arsenal.
Comment
0
Select File / Oekaki
File(s)
Password (For file and/or post deletion.)

2395050.png
Occupied Equestria
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145000
145001 145002
Iron got his ass beat and has pissed off a whole criminal syndicate, Amber is doing some shady shit at the police station, Silver is making friends, and Spark is enjoying Whinnysotan hospitality.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145002
145004
>>145000
"Heheh, that is rather cute reaction. Maybe sometime soon we will go into town and see if we can not find one for you to work for. I saw protests just some short few days ago outside city hall, if we get lucky and there is another protest maybe we will be able to ask one of protesters about subject."
Amber Sunset
e803b06
?
No.145003
145004
>>145001 →
"Sounds like you can tackle just about any crime!" An idea suddenly pops into her mind. "You know, I've only just arrived but Baltimare's streets have an unsafe reputation and I've seen ponies act ugly.... You say Red Scabbard has a talent for confrontation. Could he give me some lessons in defending myself?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145004
145005 145006
>>145003
"Oh, I don't know if he's available right now for that. I think he's... not on the chief's good side and is working extra hours? We don't actually get overtime, which is not something to recommend this job over patrol duty. Anyways, I don't know where he's out to."

>>145002
"Oh. That's a good idea. I would say check with the unions, since they usually know but... they don't have those here anymore, do they?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145005
145007
>>145004
"I would not know, I have not been part of union. It might still be possible some workers would know, if they would have been part of union."
Amber Sunset
e803b06
?
No.145006
145007
>>145004
"Oh, he sounds like a really busy stallion. Even compared to the others." She smiles.
She thinks, Yes, I'm finally on the right track! And even if he's not here it won't be my fault for messing it up, though I still wouldn't get paid.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145007
145008 145010
>>145005
"Hmmm... that's another idea. Ask workers directly, yes."

>>145006
"Well, we are all pretty busy. He's probably somewhere in the back. Anyways, that gun should be put up, and you should write a sworn affidavit about where and how you found it."
Amber Sunset
e803b06
?
No.145008
145009
>>145007
A chill goes down Amber's spine. "A...sworn affidavit?
What's that?"

Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145009
>>145008
"Oh, it's a paper where you make a statement sworn under penalty of perjury about what happened. It's intended to be used in the criminal prosecution."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145010
145011
>>145007
"What else were you thinking of doing?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145011
145013
>>145010
"Well, i don't really know yet. Relax, and get acquainted with the city I guess."
Amber Sunset
e803b06
?
No.145012
145022
"Oh, I see."
To herself: Oh no. Maybe sneaking in would have been better after all. Quick, keep talking!
Amber continues, "You said Red Scabbard doesn't have a good relationship with the chief? How come, was he lazy or somethin'?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145013
145022
>>145011
The unicorn smiles warmly.

"That sounds like good plan. Need somepony to be your wingpony?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145014
Okay, I have to sleep now
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145017
hopes to continue soon
Shimmering Spark
e2709e8
?
No.145021
145022
>>144957 →
"Still worried?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145022
145023 145024 145025 145027
>>144746 →
See >>144900 →

>>145021
"Yes..." She confesses

>>145013
"Uh..." He taps his forehooves together

"Like, at a bar?"

>>145012
"I've said more than I should already. Just understand that he is here for a purpose. At least i think he's here. i haven't seen him in an hour..."
Amber Sunset
a05a371
?
No.145023
145026
>>145022
She adopts a worried expression. "Oh, I do hope he's here--I mean, that he's okay. It's not good to be up so late, even for a detective. It sounds like a hard job."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145024
145026
>>145022
"Heh, well sort of. I was thinking in more general idea, like friend to go places with."
Shimmering Spark
e2709e8
?
No.145025
145026 145041
>>145022
"I wish I could help, but there isn't too much more I think I can provide."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145026
145028 145029
>>145023
"That it can be. It definitely can be. Anyways, let's go put this away."

[1d20 = 3]

>>145024
"Oh. yeah. Sure." He places his hooves down next to himself (the glass long having been placed on the bedstand)

>>145025
"Oh, you've done plenty. I wish I could do more..."
Anonymous
e0f9cdc
?
No.145027
145030
>>145022
"That is what I am worried about," Iron agreed with a nod. "Even if they do focus solely on them, there is no guarantee they will not come for the other concrete jungle tribes."
The stallion soon turned pensive, wondering what other avenues he had to choose instead.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145028
145030
>>145026
Sensing he's a bit disappointed, Silver gives him a small squeeze around the shoulders, being careful for his injuries.

"But I can be your wingpony in bar too, if you want."
Amber Sunset
a05a371
?
No.145029
145030
>>145026
Do her pupils narrow? Perhaps but in the dim lighting of the hallway it may be hard to see. "Oh, of course, of course." She will follow him.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145030
145031 145033 145036
>>145027
"Maybe... uh... Maybe try that 'friendship' thing? I've never cared for it but I've herd it's effective. Not as effective as Family, obviously, but they have that and you need something to counter it."

>>145028
"Heh, that's alright. What places are there to go around here, anyways?"

>>145029
"Alright, let me just take this."

He takes the gun

"And be on our way."

He starts to go to the right.
Anonymous
e0f9cdc
?
No.145031
145032
>>145030
Iron couldn't help but blink as he refocused on Sands' statement, looking rather unsure about that suggestion. "How would I go about doing that?" he questioned. "I do not have such things that I know of."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145032
145034
>>145031
"Uh... I don't really know, to be honest. I'm saying that when facing them it's best not done alone. It's better like back at that Prison, where you have other people to help fight them."
Amber Sunset
a05a371
?
No.145033
145035
>>145030
Is it possible to turn left? If so she'll try to make her way down that way without him noticing.
Anonymous
e0f9cdc
?
No.145034
145035
>>145032
Iron scratched his head in a bout of hopeless thought. "So I should ask for fighting ponies in the street through this 'friendship' avenue?" he tentatively asked.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145035
145039 145040
>>145033
He's not looking back, so yes, it is. Note that he physically possesses the gun.

Also, roll die

>>145034
"I... don't... really... know. Where did you find those ponies and that griffin the last time? And have you thought of hiding? Perhaps they won't be able to track you if you change your name.... well, I don't know if that would work, but... hiding is good."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145036
145037
>>145030
"I have not been to many places in city, but I have been to couple of bars and couple of nice restaurants."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145037
145038
>>145036
"Well, that's nice. Uh... Hey. Is the Occupational Government... well, we're not exactly entirely out of Blackhooves territory. Are they going to be able to find me here?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145038
145041
>>145037
Silver shakes his head no.

"They will not. Even then, they have their hooves full trying to keep everything here from falling apart, so I do not think they will spend resources looking for runaway buggerer."
Amber Sunset
a05a371
?
No.145039
145041
>>145035
Screw the gun, it's a liability if Amber held onto it anyway. [1d20 = 1]
Anonymous
e0f9cdc
?
No.145040
145041
>>145035
"If I hide," Iron prefaced, expression soon oozing determination "it is to heal my wounds and go back to my mission of putting the fear in the enemy's hearts like I was supposed to."
It soon dissipated when considering Sands' other, slightly
more appealing suggestion. "I... sometimes stumble into them," he admitted "mainly because of those Black Hooves folk. I have no idea where they are."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145041
145042 145043 145045 145047
>>145025
"Well... I don't know if I could really replace him." She says, with a tinge of fear

>>145038
"They will absolutely send whole groups of armed police to your house back home if you don't show up to a recruiting office, or if the recruiting office rejects your request for deferment. Here, I suppose, the population won't just go along with it, and they know it. I think it will be better here. Better here, frankly, than probably any other ponish speaking area."

>>145039
Amber takes off down the hallway.

Then a wooden door opens right in front of Amber. It's one that opensthe other way causing Amber to hit the foreleg of whoever opened it, ruin into the narrow piece of wood, and force it open.

Roll two separate d20 dies

>>145040
"I'm just saying they are kind of scary themselves. Hiding is a viable option... I hope. Wait what? You found them through the blackhooves?"
Anonymous
e0f9cdc
?
No.145042
145044
>>145041
"The two times I met with them," Iron tried to recall "they were for work that organization couldn't officially do... or something."
He opted to shrug instead. "All I know is that it was quite profitable to loot the spots they have sent me to so far," he added.
Amber Sunset
a05a371
?
No.145043
145044
>>145041
[1d20 = 7]
[1d20 = 2]
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145044
145046 145048
>>145042
"Couldn't officially do? They're a terrorist organization. The only thing that separates them from those communist wackos who blow up subway trains is that they have more money. Wait. loot?"

>>145043
Amber hits the door with force. There is nothing broken... probably, but damn, she hit it squarely with her muzzle. Better feel to make sure there is no busted lip or chipped tooth. Amber is knocked back, though probably not off of her feet, and momentarily stunned.
Shimmering Spark
e2709e8
?
No.145045
145049
>>145041
"You shouldn't focus on that aspect. What really matters is that you be there for him, even if that means filling a position. I think he will need some rest even after recovery. You might need to take the initiative and be in his spot for him."
Anonymous
e0f9cdc
?
No.145046
145049
>>145044
Iron blinked even further with a hint of disbelief at the unicorn. "You... do not remember how we took off with all the stuff from the place you were imprisoned?" he presented, slightly puzzled by her answer and considering how she actively helped transporting the stuff. "Granted, I doubt they would have simply let me take it without some negotiations, but I do not care for their political nonsense."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145047
145049
>>145041
"I know, that is why you are safe here. They are already having to deal with Celestialist loyalists in Stableside and Communists and other related groups here, if they tried to institute draft they would be dealing with mass revolution. Best they can do is to try to get ponies to willingly join up in army, or to colonize griffon lands they have taken over."
Amber Sunset
a05a371
?
No.145048
145049
>>145044
Amber falls back on her haunches and hold a fetlock up to her muzzle. She shuts her eyes and whines softly.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145049
145050 145051 145052 145096
>>145045
"That's true." She says calmly.

"Still, I... i don't know how well I can fill that spot."

>>145046
"I mean you could do it again if only they could be beaten. What can we take from this group of griffins?"

>>145047
"Yeah, that's right. I almost wish they would try. Then again, that last Princess tried it here and they went along with it."

>>145048
"Are you alright miss?" Amber hears a voice that is at once deep in origin, but nasally and raised higher than it ought to be. She feels a hoof... or something softer than a hoof(?) placed on her.
Anonymous
e0f9cdc
?
No.145050
145053
>>145049
"Maybe one of those magical friendships some ponies like to ramble about with Germane," Iron offered with a shrug. "I did sign up for this to secure Cauldron's business' supplies, after all."
The stallion soon smiled with a hint of mischievousness. "I do have to admit that not having to search for the targets makes things a lot easier," he confidently asserted. "All I need is a spot to lure the would-be assassins in, a place to restore my health and a way to travel from one spot to the other without much risk."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145051
145053
>>145049
"That was different. That was our own Princess reluctantly calling upon her ponies in defense of our nation against invader, one who would have truly enslaved us to far greater degree than any Black Hoof or Il Duce or other fascist regime. Black Hooves are from foreign nation fighting foreign wars, and they are reason why Equestria is split in half and why Chrysalis still holds power. The owe nopony any loyalty here in Equestria, save for those few who were maligned by both Harmony and Communism, like Dark Star."
Shimmering Spark
e2709e8
?
No.145052
145053
>>145049
"It might take some time, but you wouldn't be in the position to take that spot if you weren't supposed to."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145053
145054 145055 145065
>>145050
"No. It doesn't make it easier at all. You do not want them to find you. They won't give you heads up, and they won't give you a chance to fight back. They will stop an automobile outside your apartment and start shooting. Or follow you home, and as you are opening the door, start shooting. Or wait until you are eating dinner at a restaurant with your zebra friend, and shoot you from behind. Or wait until you are on the subway... and stab you. And then they'll run away. It could happen any time."

>>145051
"Defense of the Nation? Heh. That's what makes it alright? Do you think the Princess is the only one proclaiming 'defense of the Nation'? You should have seen the articles they made us run in Freeside. When Sicameon landed troops on the mainland, in the Colony, there was absolute hysteria and outrage that we were being invaded! Every indiscretion by the invading soldiers, every single tipped over rock, or whatever. It was all published. Then they'd call to expand the age range for the draft. It was the patriotic duty to defend the homeland against griffin invaders. It got so much worse when Aquellia invaded New Freeside. The island, they didn't come near my town, not that I would have opposed them. But I think it genuinely scared them. That was when they eliminated all deferments for the draft, eliminated all limits on terms of service, and loosed the medical requirements. They made a big deal about how Equestria supported the Aquellians. They called it a 'betrayal of Ponykind'. They must have realized that a third of their army is griffins, because the next day they sent a request to have any future publication change those words to 'a betrayal of Faustian Civilization', the same thing in different words. Then when Equestria declared war - and I assure you they denying publishing of any paper that suggested New Mareland declared war by sending its forces into Lushi - they called it a 'war of independence' against the colonial something or other. And of course even before the war started the made a big deal about the war against the Marehobdhi, or about the wars Aquellia and Wingbardy waged against their neighbors. They said New Mareland needed to expand to secure its supply lines and export markets, like it were a matter of national survival.

I have not the slightest bit of doubt that over somewhere in the Changeling Lands, those poor fools are absolutely convinced that the war against Equestria was necessary for national survival. Any war can be twisted in such a way. And I don't doubt either that these wars really are necessary for the survival of the ruling classes, who can forestall revolution at home by stealing from those abroad. But the ponies, griffins, and drones who fight them? Well, they don't always survive."

He is silent now

>>145052
"How would I know when I'm ready?" She asks
Anonymous
e0f9cdc
?
No.145054
145056
>>145053
"I get that," Iron prefaced with a nod "but considering I can most likely survive the initial attack and fight back if they are forced to rely on less powerful weapons and out in the open. This is why I need to have a place to restore my health in a different, secret location at hooves' reach so I can recover from that and repeat the process. With enough tries and after beating the best teams they can muster, they will most likely relent out of shame and fear."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145055
145056
>>145053
Silver is silent and a little stunned during the outburst. His response is considerably shorter in comparison.

"...it was actually defensive war. And, unless you are saying it would have been better to surrender and submit to atrocities that are going on in Western Equestria now, we really had no choice in matter. I know what kind of propaganda Black Hooves might have pumped out, but it truly was war of survival for us."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145056
145057 145058
>>145054
"No. If they fail to beat you, they'll probably just run away. If you want to scare them, attack them. Let them feel unsafe anywhere near this town."

>>145055
"I have friends - had friends - who told me the same thing, and joined the Army. Communist Party members who opposed the Blackhooves takeover and supported the Aquellian Revolution. They say things like 'we have to stop Beakolini,' or 'Aquellia betrayed the Revolution' - they did, in fairness - and 'have became Imperialistic', or 'Chrysalis would have won anyways, we are saving half' and other such rationalizations of someone who has made a very bad choice and knows it. We should have waged war against the Blackhooves, against the Princesses... The drones would have joined in doing the same, if only we provided the example."

The way he says the last sentence is peculiar, like he's run out of energy. He says it as if with little faith in his own words - or at least, that his words will be believed. They are thrown out, almost in afterthought.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145057
145059
>>145056
The big unicorn actually does feel a little bad for Clip. And, whether or not he would believe it, Silver does agree with that last sentence. He gives his newfound friend a real, proper hug.

"That, I believe."
Anonymous
e0f9cdc
?
No.145058
145059
>>145056
"What if I capture them instead?" Iron offered as a compromise. "Surely, if I get enough of their ponies hostage, they will relent, right?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145059
145060 145066
>>145058
"Where are you going to put them?"

She tilts her head after saying this

>>145057
The young stallion has his forelegs between his two hindlegs as he sits upright. He accepts the hug. He has a decent amount of fur, and feels a bit lankier than the more muscular and slightly younger Loputu.
Anonymous
e0f9cdc
?
No.145060
145061
>>145059
"Uh..." Iron trailed off, unsure himself. "...maybe in an abandoned building?"
He was admittedly grasping at straws on this point, mainly because he didn't think it that far through.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145061
145062
>>145060
"Well, maybe I can help with that, maybe. I'm not saying you should call Customs, but if you did, I think they could help send them away."
Anonymous
e0f9cdc
?
No.145062
145063
>>145061
"If you can set the price to pay for trying to get me, do so," Iron agreed, nodding with her idea without really understanding what she was offering right now. "Any blow to their morale is a win in my leaf."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145063
145064
>>145062
“Uh, sure...” she shakes her head.

“Why were you doing this in the first place? Something about helping the zebra?”
Anonymous
e0f9cdc
?
No.145064
145067
>>145063
"Yes," Iron confirmed. "It is to secure the trade route for Cauldron's business."
Shimmering Spark
e2709e8
?
No.145065
145067
>>145053
"You probably won't know until you are already doing it for a while."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145066
145067
>>145059
"Hmm. If you do not mind me saying, you seem rather...well, soft, for lack of better word."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145067
145068 145069 145097
>>145064
She breathes out, and then sits down against the couch on the far side.

"Very well.. I'm a part of it now, though I'm not really sure why I agreed to go along in the first place."

>>145065
"Perhaps... I'm still worried. All of that knowledge. Our culture. Legends and folklore. Stories from long ago."

>>145066
He answers, although probably still in Silver's embrace

"I prefer to think of it as compassion."
Shimmering Spark
e2709e8
?
No.145068
145070
>>145067
"Did you learn any?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145069
145070
>>145067
"No no, your compassion is good thing, I am not talking about that. I am talking about you physically. Your long mane, soft fur, slim supple frame...I can see why that one stallion took liking to you. You are very attractive stallion."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145070
145071 145072
>>145068
"Well.. yes. I know some of the myths and legends. He's been teaching me for years now."

>>145069
"Oh. Ha. You think really think so?"
Shimmering Spark
e2709e8
?
No.145071
145073
>>145070
"Then not all will be lost when he leaves."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145072
145073
>>145070
He pulls back out of the embrace slightly to get a better look of the young stallion. He still has his forelegs around him, though.

"Oh, very much so!"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145073
145074 145075
>>145071
"Perhaps" She says, sitting down on the floor

>>145072
He is smiling, and blushes

"Thanks"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145074
145076
>>145073
"If you do not mind me asking, are you really attracted to other stallions? Or do you like mares? Both?"
Shimmering Spark
e2709e8
?
No.145075
145076
>>145073
"Does that put you a bit at ease?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145076
145077 145078 145080
>>145074
He pulls his lips back and up for a toothy smile, moves his head back slightly, and his ears move down

"More of... stallions..." he says quietly, and looking away

>>145075
"A... little bit, maybe..."
Shimmering Spark
e2709e8
?
No.145077
>>145076
"Glad to hear it."
Spark smiles.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145078
145079
>>145076
Silver smiles, lets go of his small stallion companion, and stands up off of the bed.

"And what do you think of me?"

The elder unicorn performs a macho pose to flex and show off his muscles to Clip, and even underneath his thick and fluffy winter coat it's clear he's a strong one.

"I know I am getting little 'long in tooth' as saying goes, but I would like to think I am still in better physical shape than most ponies half my age."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145079
145082
>>145078
"Heh. Not terrible for an old stallion."
Shimmering Spark
e2709e8
?
No.145080
145081
>>145076
"So, what kind of stories have you learned?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145081
145084
>>145080
"Oh, stories from when the world was young. Stories of folk heroes. Things of that nature. From before when the ponies came."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145082
145083
>>145079
"Heheh. More than that, I have hardly slowed down step in my age. I am still just as numble and dexterous as I have always been, despite my size."

He slides his forehooves in front of him to stretch out, face down and ass up. It's a shame Clip is facing Silver's side, no doubt it would be quite a show to be behind him. He then stands up on his forelegs while sliding his hindlegs behind him, bending his back and placing his hips right on the floor.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145083
145087
>>145082
"Heh. I suppose that is pretty good, for that age."
Shimmering Spark
e2709e8
?
No.145084
145085
>>145081
"What was it like before ponies?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145085
145086
>>145084
"There's been entire eons in the time before. Whole tribes have come into being and faded away. And yet so much of it is the same. It all follows the same cycles."
Shimmering Spark
e2709e8
?
No.145086
145088
>>145085
"Has there been a war like this one too?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145087
145088
>>145083
Whether it's the drink or something else, Silver does feel rather comfortable showing off with his newfound friend.

"We have not gotten to best part, yet. Jubee can attest to this, but I am far from shooting dust yet. I remain very health, very productive, and very well endowed."

He turns away from Clip, swinging his hindquarters from side to side at him. With his short, simple tail it's not difficult for Clip to see the productive organs hanging like perfectly ripe, juicy fruit between his legs, if he chose to.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145088
145089 145206 145234
>>145086
"There have been many wars. The Great Horned Serpent, for one, was the source of much chaos. It's minions must still be fought, even now."

>>145087
He blinks

"Mr. Sword, you're trying to seduce me, aren't you?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145089
145090
>>145088
He turns his head around to look at Clip behind him with a smile.

"No, just curious whether you would find somepony like me attractive or not."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145090
145091
>>145089
"Oh. Uh, maybe."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145091
145092
>>145090
He turns around to properly face Clip.

"Sorry if I made you uncomfortable."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145092
145093
>>145091
"It's fine" he says, covering his face with a hoof
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145093
145094
>>145092
Silver's smile gets just a little wider and a bit more mischevous.

"But if I was trying to seduce you...would it have worked?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145094
145095
>>145093
"Uh....."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145095
145098
>>145094
Silver trots up to Clip, putting a hoof on the one covering his face and gently (yet firmly) moving it out of the way.

"Well?"
Amber Sunset
a05a371
?
No.145096
145098
>>145049
Amber opens her eyes to see the origin of the voice. "I think so," she says softly. "I just wasn't looking where I was going, sorry...."
Anonymous
e0f9cdc
?
No.145097
145098
>>145067
"I assume it is because you have little choice in the matter," Iron mused pessimistically, sighing softly. "It is either us building a living through extreme danger or doing it alone."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145098
145099 145100 145102
>>145095
He only has a wide, toothy, awkward smile in silence

>>145096
Looking down at Amber is a tall, brown furred diamond dog with a relatively long muzzle and pointy ears.

"Be careful. There is not much light. Sorry for opening the door."
He rubs the back of his head, and then leans down offering a paw.

>>145097
"Well, now I'm not so sure you should do it alone. Take the fight to them, bring help, and most of all, end it."
Anonymous
e0f9cdc
?
No.145099
145105
>>145098
"Hardest part is getting that help," Iron pointed out with a frown and a frustrated pout. "The first and third thing I can definitely take on."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145100
145101
>>145098
"Did you like small show I gave you?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145101
145103
>>145100
"Well, do that pony thing and get some friends"

>>145100
Uh... I was... not expecting it"
Amber Sunset
a05a371
?
No.145102
145104
>>145098
A little bit more hope of finding Scabbard died, seeing that instead of the stallion she had run into a diamond dog instead. "It was my fault, really." After a bit of hesitation she takes his paw and returns to being back on her hooves. "You must be...Tracker, yes?" she asks.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145103
145104
>>145101
"Heh, it does not answer question."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145104
145106 145119
>>145102
Can roll another die

He pulls her up. "Yes. No 'e', just 'kr'"

The pink mare runs over
"Are you okay?!"

And after another moment, Stalwart arrives

"What are you doing over here."

>>145103
"Uh... heheh"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145105
145107
>>145099
"Well, do that pony thing and get some friends"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145106
145108
>>145104
"Would you like more of show?"

He smiles seductively down at Clip.
Anonymous
e0f9cdc
?
No.145107
145108
>>145105
Iron huffed softly. "Easy to say," the stallion grumbled with a bit of frustration at the seemingly important yet practically impossible task "but hard to do."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145108
145109 145110
>>145107
"Well, best you get on it."
From within her mane, she pulls out a lighter, and a cigarette. She lights it with a 'ching.'

>>145106
"...."
Anonymous
e0f9cdc
?
No.145109
145111
>>145108
Iron simply opts to look to the roof in contemplation, unsure of where to even start finding those supposed 'friends' for this sort of gig.
Maybe try the fighting arena? he figured in his head, a bit unsure. Perhaps some of them would like to beat griffons for reasons.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145110
145111
>>145108
"You know, it is hard to figure out what you want when you do not say anything."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145111
145112 145114
>>145109
She takes the cigarette, takes a puff, and looks out the window.

“I’d go out tonight, if I hadn’t been stabbed.” She says

>>145110
“I’ll... well, I don’t know you very well...”
Anonymous
e0f9cdc
?
No.145112
145113
>>145111
Iron takes a quick check on his body to see just how visibly stabbed he was, now that Sands reminded him of it.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145113
145115
>>145112
Iron has been stabbed something like four times (admittedly not especially severe stab wounds, but wounds nevertheless) plus a number of bruises from being punched, and many tears in the flesh from birdshot pellets.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145114
145116
>>145111
"You can always say no, it will not bother me."
Anonymous
e0f9cdc
?
No.145115
145116
>>145113
That answers that, Iron mused with a sigh, feeling himself unable to properly 'make friends' with his current look.
What pony could possibly want to establish a relationship with a physically scarred stallion in the middle of the night? It is more likely another band of bandits would try to remove whatever few possessions he had in person rather than finding a miraculous would-be friend willing to take down a gang he's probably not even familiar with.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145116
145117 145118
>>145115
On the one hoof, Iron has found fighting buddies before. on the other hoof, Iron has also been mugged before. Tavern doesn't always hurt, but it's dangerous to go outside.

White Sands has returned to her bored and displeased expression, again looking outside.

>>145114
"Uh.... not right now"
Anonymous
e0f9cdc
?
No.145117
145120
>>145116
Guess I will have to wait, Iron muttered, displeased himself at this rather unfortunate outcome.
However, he soon realized something that may cause a bit of friction if he doesn't address it now, as he turned to Sands once again. "Are you sending the smoke outside?" he tentatively asked.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145118
145120
>>145116
Silver nods.

"Alright then, not right now."

He offers him a hoof to get up off of the bed.
Amber Sunset
a05a371
?
No.145119
145120
>>145104
[1d20 = 13]
"Oh, I hope my snout isn't too badly bruised! But it's still not as injured as my dignity...." she whimpers.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145120
145121 145122 145126
>>145117
“Huh?” She has to turn her attention to Iron

“Oh. No.”

>>145118
He looks at Silver for a moment, then pulls a foreleg out from between his legs, and extends it to Iron

>>145119
“I can understand that. It’s alright.” Trakr says

“That’s the wrong hallway.”
The mare says

“Yeah, how’s you end up that way? It’s this way.”
Stalwart says.

[1d20 = 9]
Anonymous
e0f9cdc
?
No.145121
145156
>>145120
"You should probably ask Cauldron about putting the smoke in here," Iron suggested. "I do not want to breed hostility between the closests thing I can consider as friends right now."
Amber Sunset
a05a371
?
No.145122
145189
>>145120
"I'm sorry. I was...I was looking for the bathroom," she says, wincing.
Oh, how I hate lying! she thinks to herself. But if they knew what I was here for they would lock me up and throw away the key. Being alone in the bathroom is my last chance of finding Scabbard, or getting out before it's too late.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145123
145124 145125
Okay, I have to work tomorrow...
Amber Sunset
a05a371
?
No.145124
>>145123
Glad I caught today's session then! Thank you.
Anonymous
e0f9cdc
?
No.145125
>>145123
Night
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145126
145159
>>145120
Silver levitates Clip's drinking glass out and places it on the end table with the other before pulling him up into a standing position.

"Guess we have something to look forward to someday, maybe."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145129
145130
This twink stallion is almost unreasonably cute.
Anonymous
e0f9cdc
?
No.145130
145131
>>145129
It's the temptor's work, Silver. It's all a ruse to chain you into the path towards the spiral.
First, it's the twink, then comes the stallion, the zebra, the minotaur and finally, the Dragon.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145131
>>145130
Are you saying Silver is going to fuck a dragon? Sweet!
Shimmering Spark
27b49ba
?
No.145137
I will try to make it tomorrow.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145148
I will not be available for a while, not until Tuesday.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145156
145157 145158
>>145121
"Not much breeding going on for sure" She seems to grumble to herself.

She complies with Iron's request, raising her left hoof, and smashing the end of the cigarette against her nail. She returns to the look of bored irritation.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145157
>>145156
Me thinks Iron has a zebra and bug to fug.
Anonymous
e0f9cdc
?
No.145158
145159
>>145156
Oh god, that caught me guard. Delightful giggle.

Iron's eyes widened considerably at Sands' remark in awe at what she just grumbled as he glanced over to where Cauldron might be.
H-how oddly specific, Iron mused in his head, the tiniest bit uncomfortable as he tried to figure out how to interpret such a statement.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145159
145160 145173
>>145158
Black Cauldron has left the room. There is a smell of cigarette smoke. White Sands looks bored.

>>145126
"Uh... Sure...." He has a wide, awkward smile
Anonymous
e0f9cdc
?
No.145160
145161
>>145159
Feeling he should do something to stave the unicorn's boredom, Iron decides to start some pressing conversation up. "So," he started with a neutral, professional tone "are you planning on taking off on your own after your wounds heal?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145161
145162
>>145160
She turns her head up, examining Iron with skepticism

"Why do you say it like that?"
Anonymous
e0f9cdc
?
No.145162
145163
>>145161
"Because this is a low point where one's loyalty is tested," Iron replied neutrally. "I do not wish for you to go, of course, but you have plenty of incentive after what just happened."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145163
145164
>>145162
"Go?" She says

"Getting up and moving around is the last thing I want to do. I feel sore." She leans back, and tilts her head back, mouth open and eyes closed. "But it looks like your zebra friend is offering a place to stay."

Then she hold her head up, and looks to Iron with a half smile
"Unless you want to rent a hotel room again."
Anonymous
e0f9cdc
?
No.145164
145165
>>145163
Iron couldn't help but smile a little, too, yet he wasn't about to separate from Cauldron just yet. Not after feeling she was unintentionally roped up into this. "I am a bit concerned with moving about while being a target," he admitted with a weak smile. "I could give you some money if you wish to move there while I deal with this gang business."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145165
145166
>>145164
She raises her left hoof to near her face.

"Hmmm... I'll think about it."
Anonymous
e0f9cdc
?
No.145166
145167
>>145165
Seeing her considerating brightened the native's smile, relieved to hear her words. "Perhaps you want to cuddle a bit?" he suggested without a hint of lewd behavior on his tone. "I may be out for a while without your soft coat."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145167
145168
>>145166
"Well.. I suppose I've nothing better to do at the moment."

She has a mischievous smile, and starts to roll her body over, as if to present her side to Iron.
Anonymous
e0f9cdc
?
No.145168
145169
>>145167
Iron's mood lifted further, getting off the sofa excitedly to properly and gently press his chest against her backside as his forelegs draped around her fluffy crest. His lower half, meanwhile, wasn't quite sure what to do, leaving his hindlegs next to hers, yet judging by how he sunk his snout into Sands' mane, I doubt he's too worried about it.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145169
145170
>>145168
"Hehe" She gives a light giggle, indeed being as soft as she looks. She rolls still more - or the top part of her body, at least - to open her forelegs to Iron, and allow her to move a foreleg around him.
Anonymous
e0f9cdc
?
No.145170
145229
>>145169
Iron couldn't help but chuckle a bit as well, face getting a bit red when Sands' foreleg wrapped around him as well as one could while behind somepony.
Yet, despite this, he simply decided to softly stroke her mane with one foreleg while the other snuck over her body to hold hooves with her just to add a bit of extra intimacy.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145173
145175
>>145159
What's the current time?
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145175
145176
>>145173
1PMish, maybe?
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145176
145177
>>145175
Hmm...this means Silver has some time left to spend before his date with Jubilosa. He looks at Clip.

"Is there anything else you would like to do, or should I leave you to get acquinted with house?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145177
145178
>>145176
"Well, at some time, I'd like to meet with anyone in printing, or journalism, you know? If you can find free journalists. Not official."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145178
145182
>>145177
"I have some time before my date with Jubee. We can go and see if we can find someone if you want."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145182
145184
>>145178
"Do you know anyone?" He says with a hint of excitement
Amber Sunset
34b3bdc
?
No.145183
145187 145189
I can play a bit if that's possible.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145184
145187
>>145182
"Not personally, no...but we can go find someone, together."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145187
145188
>>145183
[1d20 = 2]

>>145184
“We should do that some time. There should be plenty. It’s a big city. I think many sympathize with the movement,” he says, somewhat excitedly.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145188
145189
>>145187
"You do not want to now?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145189
145190 145194
>>145188
"Sure. Now." The colt stands up, having some pain on his bandaged chest, and needing to reposition his injured right, hind leg.

>>145183
>>145122
Stalwart raises an eyebrow, and tilts his head.

But past him, at the entryway, the door opens.

Amber is no longer the most interesting pony in the room
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145190
145191
>>145189
Silver holds onto Clip as he does so, looking worried for him.

"Are you okay?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145191
145192
>>145190
"Aside from - uck! - the obvious, yeah. Why wouldn't I be."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145192
145193
>>145191
"Alright. Let us go then, perhaps slowly at first."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145193
145195
>>145192
He can't move his head all the way down to his chest. But he tries to look down.

"Well... maybe you're right."
Amber Sunset
34b3bdc
?
No.145194
145196
>>145189
Amber gets back up on her hooves and tries to remain as inconspicuous as possible, looking to see what changed.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145195
145196
>>145193
The unicorn helps Clip to trot out of the room and down the stairs.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145196
145197 145205
>>145194
Two ponies enter. One, a stallion. Earth pony? Hard to tell at this angle. Olive green, wearing a black jacket. A smaller mare behind her. Scrawny, kind of greyish-lavender coloring, with thin webbed wings. She wears the same jacket, and stays behind.

Stalwart turns around to face them, as does Trakr

>>145195
Clip slowly follows after Silver
Amber Sunset
34b3bdc
?
No.145197
145198
>>145196
Amber slowly backs away toward the main hallway, but stays close enough to hear what they might say.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145198
145199
>>145197
The stallion announces,

"This is Officer Swift Soul of the Order Police of the State Security Administration. We have reason to believe that your office has information that can help us in our investigation."

It's Stalwart who volunteers an answer. It's only him, Trakr, the mare, and Amber anyways.
"Investigation into what, precisely? Do you handle actual crime now?"

"Investigation into collaboration between criminal syndicates and foreign hostile actors to commit acts of terrorism against the State and populous."

Stalwart and Trakr move forward to meet the Swift Soul, who himself moves further into the room. The mare at the doorway remains still. Her slit eyes are fixed on Amber.
Amber Sunset
34b3bdc
?
No.145199
145316
>>145198
Her mouth gapes open. Wait, these are different police? That's awfully confusing! Wait...these are the occupiers. She freezes in her tracks, feeling a sudden chill as the batpony stares at her. Could it be the same one from the store? Their muted colors makes it hard to tell them apart!
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145205
145230
>>145196
"After we return home, you really need to rest. I know of a superb potion maker named Black Cauldron, maybe I can get potions to help cut down on pain and help to heal from her."
Shimmering Spark
9bc37a4
?
No.145206
145223
>>145088
I don’t have free time just yet, but I really want to learn more about this. Can’t wait.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145207
145208
thinks u are all pretty ponies
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145208
145209
0A7146B3-62BE-41D6-97EF-160CE60920A7.gif
>>145207
is a pretty pony
Anonymous
b306c1d
?
No.145209
145225
>>145208
As if on cue Oh, you think you're the only one who can derail and obstruct other people's threads with unwarranted drama?
[
Shimmering Spark
a13edc2
?
No.145223
145225
>>145206
Tomorrow I really will have time to play, so let’s aim for then.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
68137a5
?
No.145224
145225
still thinks u are all pretty ponies
Anonymous
a40eb10
?
No.145225
>>145223
Hopefully we can play tomorrow

>>145224
Is still a pretty pony

>>145209
Are you okay?

u are also a pretty pony
Anonymous
1c4c5b1
?
No.145229
145368
>>145170
The mane is messier and rougher than when they left in the morning, full of more knots, and drizzled by salt water air. Yet under the ruffled surface, it still feels like fine silk, with a hint of peach smell.

Iron’s body now contacts her long, sleek back and it’s fuzzy fur, the full length of her body pressing against a significant length of his.

Her hoof touches his
Anonymous
1c4c5b1
?
No.145230
145233
>>145205
“Well I had a couple potions when they brought me into the hospital.” He looks down at his chest. “But uh.z yeah. Potions are good. Let’s do that.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145233
145236
>>145230
Silver looks for a taxi in the neighborhood with Clip, despite how uncommon they are in this particular area.
Shimmering Spark
e2709e8
?
No.145234
145235
>>145088
"The Great Horned Serpent?"
Anonymous
1c4c5b1
?
No.145235
145237
>>145234
“Yes. A terror, and source of much chaos from the beginning of the earth. Fortunately he is no more, at least in physical form.”
Anonymous
1c4c5b1
?
No.145236
145240
>>145233
As usual, it’s a while before the first taxi passes, and that one continues driving. But the second one answers and pulls over.
Shimmering Spark
e2709e8
?
No.145237
145238
>>145235
"What kind of chaos?"
Anonymous
1c4c5b1
?
No.145238
145239
>>145237
“Wickedness. I suppose you ponies would call it ‘disharmony.’”
Shimmering Spark
e2709e8
?
No.145239
145241
>>145238
"Well, I am just curious. Did the serpent do anything in particular that you might say was strange?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145240
145243
>>145236
When the pair get in, Silver decides to take a chance on whether there will be protesters today.

"To city hall, please."
Anonymous
1c4c5b1
?
No.145241
145242
>>145239
“Strange? I’m not sure what is strange. But you needn’t worry about him.”
Shimmering Spark
e2709e8
?
No.145242
145243
>>145241
"I suppose. What drove him out of physical form?"
Anonymous
1c4c5b1
?
No.145243
145244 145246
>>145240
And the ponies are off towards city hall.

Roll die

>>145242
“A hero of our people. The Trickster. Nanabush.”
Shimmering Spark
e2709e8
?
No.145244
145245
>>145243
"Can you tell me more about this hero?"
Anonymous
1c4c5b1
?
No.145245
145248
>>145244
“Well, there’s a legend about it. About the slaying. And many other legends. That is, if you wish to hear it.”
29bff06
?
No.145246
145247
[1d20 = 18]
>>145243
Anonymous
1c4c5b1
?
No.145247
145258
>>145246
There is indeed a healthy array of protestors with varied signs outside of city hall. In fact, they occupy much of the square before the city hall, with a few uniformed soldiers taking position along the roads around the square.

Signs vary from “down with the occupation,” “death to collaborators,” “no pedophiles in government,” “no more weapons of war,” “reinstate CAN,” “Peace, Bread and Land,” and “support our brothers and sisters in Manehattan”
Shimmering Spark
e2709e8
?
No.145248
145249
>>145245
"I would love to."
Anonymous
1c4c5b1
?
No.145249
145251
42142A04-85B1-4AEF-A497-873F77682F0D.jpeg
>>145248
“Well...” she looks around, sits down, wraps her tail around herself, and wriggles both ears while smiling.

“I suppose I recall the story. Alright.”

The others in the room - Petal, Ply Press, the Doctor, and Makade, dong explicitly cease their own conversations to hear Waabishki speak. But they do not continue them either, and the room is left in silence as she behind her story:

“One day, after a long and troubled journey, Nanabush returned home to find his cousin missing. Calling his cousin’s name and looking around, he was horrified to see the slithering tracks of the Great Horned Serpent, and knew his cousin had been seized. He picked up his bow and crossed rivers and mountains pursuing the trail, which lead him finally to the shores of a dark and gloomy lake the Lake of Demons. Through the troubled waters Nanabush could see the home of the Horned Serpent, and the terrible, evil spirits who served the Serpent. At the center of the mass of evil spirits was the Horned Serpent himself, coiled around the dead body of Nanabush’s cousin. His eyes were a malign, glowing red, his head the color of blood, and his scales every shade. Nanabush resolved he would get revenge upon the Great Serpent.

He ordered the clouds to clear, the winds to be still, and the sun to shine upon the water with all its brightness. In this way he would boil the water and force the serpent to the shore to cool off, where he would set up the next stage of his trap. Taking his bow and arrow, he set up next to a clearing by the lake where he expected the serpent would lay, disguising himself as the broken stump of a withered tree. The sun shone down from the cloudless sky, and under the stilled winds and stagnant air the lake became troubled with bubble and foam. A serpent peeped his head above the water, then another. Not hearing Nanabush’s footsteps, they agreed Nanabush must be sleeping, returning to the lake with a hiss. The water boiled and waves crashes against the shores, until the Great Horned Serpent rose out of the water - his crest glistening, and his scales blinding, reflecting the light like a sleet covered forest under the winter sun. He made his way to the shore, followed by demonic serpents that soon covered every part of the shore.

The serpents knew Nanabush was cunning. They saw the withered stump, and suspected it could be one of Nanabush’s disguises. A serpent wrapped its tail around the stump to drag it into the lake. It’s tail pricked Nanabush’s sides, and he could barely refrain from crying out in pain. But he held firm and kept silent. The serpent moved on. The Great Serpent moved into the forest, wrapping his body around trees, and his many companions likewise found shade, save for a live sentry, who listened for the pawsteps of Nanabush.

Yet Nanabush was patient, waiting until all of the serpents were asleep, and the sentry looked another direction. In silence, Nanabush carefully pulled an arrow from his quiver, drew his bow, and aimed it right at the heart of the Great Serpent.”

Waabishki acts out the scene, sitting in her hind quarter, and miming the act of pulling an arrow and drawing a bow, closing an eye as if to look down the arrow. She shifts the two toes of her paw, and says,

“The arrow found its mark. The monster awoke with a cry that shook the mountains and startled the beasts sleeping in their caves. The Great Horned Serpent plunged into the lake, followed by its companions, who howled with terror and anger. At the bottom of the lake still lay the body of Nanabush’s cousin. The serpents tore it to pieces, and those pieces toss to the top of the water. The Great Serpent knew he wound die soon, but he, and all his minions, would destroy Nanabush. With the pounding of their tails they caused the waters to swell and rise, crashing against the shore with the sound of thunder. The waters flooded over the land, carrying rocks and trees, and on the crest of the highest wave rode the wounded Great Horned Serpent.

Nanabush fled. He thought of his pups. So he ran through the villages, shouting that they must flee to the mountains, as the Great Horned Serpent and his flood would soon be upon them. The wolves gathered up their pups and fled to the mountains, while Nanabush continued his flight, past the foothills, far north of Gitche Gumee, and to the northern mountain where he found many wolves, creatures, and animals taking refuge. Yet the waters continued to rise, covering the valleys, the plains, the low hills, and the mountains, until only the high northern mountain remained above water. So he gathered timber, and built a raft upon which the creatures and animals placed themselves. The high mountain too soon flooded, and they were left alone upon the water, floating for many days.

But the waters subsided, and the mountains, then the hills, the plains and the valleys appeared through the water. And when it was all gone they knew that their troubles were over, for the Great Horned Serpent was dead; his body sealed away under the waters. His minions fled back to the bottom of the lake, where they remain to this day for fear of Nanabush.”

She leaves the room in silence for some moment, looking out at the other creatures.
Shimmering Spark
e2709e8
?
No.145251
145252
>>145249
"Now that's a hero story. I think that was the best one I have ever heard."
Anonymous
1c4c5b1
?
No.145252
145253
>>145251
The Doctor remarks to himself.
“Pretty sure Celestia controls the sun and the pegasi the wind.”
But Waabishki does not seem to hear if, smiling with pride.

“Yes, he is very important to our people, and such stories are an important part of our culture, passed down orally from generation to generation.”
Shimmering Spark
e2709e8
?
No.145253
145254
>>145252
"So what happened after the flood? Did Nanabush retire? Did he have more adventures?"
Anonymous
1c4c5b1
?
No.145254
145255
>>145253
“Nanabush would have many more adventures, yes, though he mourned the loss of his cousin. The world has not flooded, nor is it troubled by the Great Horned Serpent’s physical presence, sealed away in the lake. Yet the spirit of the serpent troubles us still, and the demons must be threatened into staying away. That is why the Thunderbird must take flight every year. To do battle with the encroachment of corruption and discord.”
Shimmering Spark
e2709e8
?
No.145255
145257
>>145254
"Can you tell me more about the Thunderbird?"
Anonymous
1c4c5b1
?
No.145257
145259
>>145255
“Nanabush knew the demons still posed a threat. He knew he could not be everywhere forever to protect the Ma’iignan from the spirits. That is why he created the Thunderbirds. One for each direction, North, South, and West. They are large, creatures with spiritual powers who protect the Ma’iignan from the underwater spirits, and who punish those who transgress too far. He endowed them with his power to create storms and lightning, and move the winds.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145258
145260
>>145247
Silver smiles at Clip.

"Remember what you said earlier, about movement here in Baltimare?"
Shimmering Spark
e2709e8
?
No.145259
145260
>>145257
"How did he create them? Was it his own magic, or did he have artifacts that gave him more power?"
Anonymous
1c4c5b1
?
No.145260
145261 145262
>>145258
“Yeah. It looks like we found them. Well, we certainly found something.”

>>145259
“Through powers of his own. It’s his connection with the power of life, and of the power of the spirit. It’s.... it’s kind of like you ponies. But, well, more so.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145261
145264
>>145260
"You want to go check things out?"
Shimmering Spark
e2709e8
?
No.145262
145263
>>145260
“Have there been others to have incredible powers as well?”
Anonymous
1c4c5b1
?
No.145263
145265
>>145262
“Not.... not so many. Not now, certainly.”
Anonymous
1c4c5b1
?
No.145264
145266
>>145261
“Well...” he looks over at the group, and pulls his lips back in an awkward smile.

“Maybe... I’m... not so good with meeting people.”
Shimmering Spark
e2709e8
?
No.145265
145267
>>145263
“Maybe you just need to find out how to use them again.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
1b73d67
?
No.145266
145267
>>145264
Silver smiles more at him.

"That is what friends are for, right? I can help get you started with talking to them if you want."
Anonymous
1c4c5b1
?
No.145267
145268 145270
>>145265
“Oh... well, things are not like that anymore. That was an older era, closer to the creation, where monsters were bigger and the spirit and earth closer together.”

>>145266
“Um.... sure” he replies
Shimmering Spark
e2709e8
?
No.145268
145269
>>145267
“What drove the spirit apart?”
Anonymous
1c4c5b1
?
No.145269
>>145268
“They are not apart. Not quite. Not really. But it is much easier to forget, as so many of the great creatures are gone now, or hide away in their own corners. The world is older now, as are those who live upon it. So it is easier to forget the connection between spirit and earth. And many do.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145270
145272
>>145267
Silver nods at him, and pays the cab driver. He and Clip get out and approach the protest.
Shimmering Spark
705d4c9
?
No.145271
145272
“So, the Thunderbirds would be more connected to the spirit, right?”
Anonymous
1c4c5b1
?
No.145272
145273 145279
>>145270
It’s a few bits. The driver takes it and hastily drives away.

The ponies move in closer to the crowd, which for its part scarcely takes notice of them. To be sure, an eye of two glances at the two approaching ponies, but no one says anything good or ill towards them, nor otherwise reacts, although one pony decidedly moves out of the way.

>>145271
“Yes, certainly. Like a bridge between spirit and the material.”
Shimmering Spark
705d4c9
?
No.145273
145274
>>145272
“What if we were to talk to them? Maybe they could help end this war so we could go back to being closer to the spirit?”
Anonymous
1c4c5b1
?
No.145274
145275
>>145273
“They are spirits of the sky realm. They have been known to cast boots of lightning at troubled makers, yes, but it is their duty to keep the malevolent spirits at bay, and to serve as guardians against spiritual threats.” She pauses for a moment, looking up and out.
“I wonder sometimes if it’s too much for them.”
Shimmering Spark
705d4c9
?
No.145275
145277
>>145274
“Then they should be willing to talk if it means lightening the work load.”
Anonymous
1c4c5b1
?
No.145277
145278
>>145275
“You.... want to try to find one?” She asks, tilting her head
Shimmering Spark
705d4c9
?
No.145278
145280
>>145277
“Why not? If we have a chance to push back the changelings with the help of spirits, then we might as well take that chance. I’m quite certain the spirits won’t want them destroying their sacred places.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145279
145280
>>145272
Silver taps the shoulder of one of the protestors.
Anonymous
1c4c5b1
?
No.145280
145281 145282
>>145278
All of those listening seem at least somewhat unsettled at the suggestion, except for Maakiade, who seems more angry.

Ply Press is the first to speak
“Uh, careful what you say about the Changelings.”

“Contracting spirits to fight for you? The wishful thinking of those who are by nature slaves. The freedom of a people is won by its own force of arms, or it is not won at all, lest your liberators come back around to enslave you. To place faith in spirits would be foolish even if such things existed, and they decidedly do not.”

Waabishki bares her teeth at Makade, but when he finishes, she turns to Spark and says,

“Neither the doubles nor the spirits are to be taken lightly. They are, well, they are like bears. You must either leave them alone, or if you must disturb them, treat them with the utmost respect.”

>>145279
Reddish colored stallion, approximately the color of the inside of of a grapefruit. He turns to Silver.

“Huh? What do you need?”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145281
145287
>>145280
"Excuse me, I saw all of signs here and was curious why you all have gathered here. What are you protesting?"
Shimmering Spark
3b9662a
?
No.145282
145297
>>145280
“Why respect changelings when they don’t respect the spirits? That’s like asking me to respect the forest and the arson equally.”
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145287
145288
>>145281
The stallion takes a moment to respond, but does answer

“The complacency of the SDP. They just let imperialists exploit the the lower classes here and... everywhere, while nothing changes. Add to that one of their members is a sex offender and who knows who else is... We need something new, more effective.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145288
145289
>>145287
"Oh, you are talking about Comte Burgher? Yes, I heard about that, it is terrible."

He looks around at the gathering.

"How in Equus did you all manage to organize protest of this size?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145289
145290
>>145288
"Organize?" A smile grows across the stallion's face, and he raises a hoof towards the other ponies in the crowd with him

"This is not some organization. This is spontaneous. Likeminded ponies who come together all at once to express their grievances, and to show those in power that they will not be silent."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145290
145291
>>145289
Silver follows his hoof.

"Huh. That is impressive! I would have thought there was newsletter or paper involved."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145291
145294
>>145290
He seems to point non distinctly into the crowd

"No, if the paper had organized this, I assure you, it would be much larger than this. It could be the whole city."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145294
145359
>>145291
Silver's eyebrows raise.

"Paper is that big?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145297
145298
>>145282
"No, that's... that's not what it means to respect something. To respect is not to honor. To respect is to acknowledge something's power and place, and to not act the fool around it. You must respect fire, or else you will surely be burned. You must respect the forest, or else you will get lost and die. You should revere fire and the forest, for both have their place here on this earth, and both give life to what is around them in their own way, even if the two conflict sometimes and have different ends. But you absolutely must respect them, as you will be punished if you do not. When the Changelings came, and intruded into our territory, they did not respect us, and... Maakade? Would you care to explain?"

In a moment, Makade explains,
"They came in their standard formation, approaching from the south. Somewhat spread out, with scouts ahead, and a deeper line that allowed for reinforcement in the event of an ambush. They had forest colored uniforms, though that is of only so much use when moving forward, and of course their magical disguises are less useful in an empty forest. They made three incursions in total, towards our camp and I believe somewhere further east and north. They did not respect us. They believed that we had nothing more than knives and bows and arrows. What they did not appreciate is just how silent a bow can be, or a knife can be, when dropping out of a tree, or a bush. They assumed that the small slices caused by said arrows were minor wounds to be bandaged. I don't think they knew anything of the paralyzing venom of the wasp, or how it could be applied to blades and arrows, or the wooden stakes left in pits and covered with leaves.

As for firearms, I don't believe they thought we'd have any at all. I'm not sure that a single one of the conscripts we were up against had handled a firearm outside of the military, and I'm frankly not sure they even fired them much in combat. Certainly none of them had scopes on their rifles, or had trained much for marksmanship. They were not hunters, who in teams, tracked, hid from, cornered, and killed animals in those forest since they were young. We were hunters.

They assumed that as soon as they found cover, got their bearings, and shot back at us that we'd run away. And you know what? They were right. You see, I do respect the Changelings, for even though I did not fight in frontline combat for very long I did learn much. I know they have machine guns, mortars, artillery, and planes. That they have ways of dealing with such inferior forces. And I, leader of the hunting party, had no intention of staying around long enough for them to bring those advantages into play. What the Changelings did not expect, I assume, is that we'd attack again. And again. And again. Not head on, mind you, but a well placed shot from a distance, or an arrow in the back of a straggler. They could walk the exact same path returning home that they used before, and find traps of wooden stakes.

We evacuated and moved our village. We can afford to do so with our mobile construction. It was only on the second day that they used their greatest advantage. A sentry, seeing a bear roaming around, and seeing it behaving oddly, thought it had distemper or hydrophobia, and shot it. And it turned out to be one of the doubles in disguise. If only that that scout had lived around bears, and knew how they behave near settlements, he would have found our camp and we'd be none the wiser. They could have placed planes on us."

Makade pauses, and Waabishki starts again,
"To disguise one's appearance… That's one of the powers Nanabush had. I assure it, the trickster is very much to be respected. As for the spirits... well, have you seen lightning? Or a tree struck by lightning? If you have, you have an idea of what the Thunderbird may summon at will."
Shimmering Spark
e2709e8
?
No.145298
145299 145305
>>145297
"I think we have different understandings of the word respect then. I acknowledge their skill and weaponry, as they might acknowledge your own, but I do not respect them. To respect something means to give it a higher standing. The changelings are not to be respected in such a way. They will gladly attempt to destroy the spirits, even if such a thing is not possible, and everything you find sacred and holy, even if it was to seal their own destruction. So, for your sakes as well as their own, why would we not stop them? Why would we respect those that don't know respect themselves?"
Anonymous
37032c5
?
No.145299
145300 145305
>>145298
Waabishki, sitting besides the couch, is silent to Spark’s words. It is a silence that is soon filled with Makade’s invective:

“Of course the Changelings are terrible for you. You’re a pony. The world was yours just a few short years ago. In the thousand years since the ponies came here, they have pushed us wolves back to the recesses of the forest, and torn up a part of that for farming and to dig holes. They take us from our homes, they litigate who gets royalties for lumber sales to not pay us for cutting down the forest, and on top of all of that they have the audacity to serve those of us who venture out with draft notices. What, precisely, is new to us about the Changelings that we don’t have with ponies? The strong do what they will and the weak suffer what they must. It’s a grave misfortune to no longer be the strongest, isn’t it?”

Ply Press frowns

Waabishki looks up, and says at a low volume
“I don’t think Miskobag’s affliction is natural....”

Makade sighs, and says,
“I saw the Equestrian front melt like wax. I don’t think we can stop them. Not really, anyways. We can’t hold out forever while we need antibiotics, lamps, salt, and bullets. We should negotiate while we are in a position of relative strength.”
Shimmering Spark
e2709e8
?
No.145300
145303
>>145299
"And your offer? That you will stop guerilla warfare? Do you think that will be a good bargaining chip when they could just burn anywhere they believe you to be, setting you back each time much more than you can them, all the while you run lower and lower on spots to hunt and gather resources. The plan to secure yourselves is to ask them politely to stop?

I don't really care if you see me as only a pawn of the former government that failed. You should see them as the ones that are more powerful than what I was once part of and ones even less likely to offer you any beneficial trade that doesn't involve your slavery. If you didn't have it well under ponies, what chance is there if you didn't help the new order fight them?

To deal with them is to allow them to be stronger when your whole strategy towards them is to keep them from gaining strength around you. If it becomes too costly to stay, then it is too costly to trade with you. So your only other option is to trade with those that are the enemy of your enemy and find the means to make it really uncomfortable to keep staying around here."
Amber Sunset
7ae6348
?
No.145302
145303 145304
Hola!

Anonymous
37032c5
?
No.145303
145304
>>145302
Hello!

>>145300
To this, he has a one-word response:
“How?”
Shimmering Spark
e2709e8
?
No.145304
>>145302
Hi there!
>>145303
"That's something I'm working on."
Anonymous
37032c5
?
No.145305
145306
Okay, Maakade’s response in >>145299 is something he’s brought up before and Spark answered before. It’s not really relevant to the line of conversation and it’s rather offensive when spoken in front of his step-parents. I’m striking >>145299 and replacing it with the following:

>>145298
Waabishki is silent for a moment. She replies:

“I wonder... I wonder if they already have tried. They found something in the woods. And it disfigured them.”
Shimmering Spark
e2709e8
?
No.145306
145307
>>145305
"Maybe. But they won't stop so easily. Eventually their whole might will be turned to trying to destroying something they can't understand. That is something we should avoid allowing to come to pass."
Anonymous
37032c5
?
No.145307
145308
>>145306
“That is why it is best to stay out of their sight. Remain unnoticed. Our interactions with the outside have brought us harm.”
Shimmering Spark
f04fe79
?
No.145308
145309
>>145307
“Well, you can’t just disappear. You are in their territory now. They will eventually expand to your homes and you will either be captured or forced to flee forever. You can achieve a degree of isolation only by choosing to forgo it for now, and end the crisis that threatens your way of life.. How can you stay out of sight when they are at your gates?”
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145309
145310
>>145308
"And how do we end the crisis, exactly?" She asks
Shimmering Spark
f04fe79
?
No.145310
145311
>>145309
“We have to convince the changelings to abandon their post so close to your forest and move on to someplace easier to manage.”
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145311
145322
>>145310
"How?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145312
145316
You know who's cute?

(You)
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145316
145372
>>145199
Officer "Swift Soul," the olive green pony, moves a step forward. No horn nor wing is visible from his stance by the door, with his body ever so slightly angled to the left. But as he moves forward, Amber can see that any conclusion that he is an earth pony was too hastily made, as a feathered wing can be seen close to his previously hidden left side that has no extant counterpart on his right.

Stalwart moves closer to the stallion, and now Trakr moves to Stalwart's side, both confronting the new stallion.

The lilac-purple pony does not move forward, instead occupying the doorway, with her webbed-wings partly unfolded, the "wrists" and the scrawny bones angled upwards in a point. She does not enter the conversation, but hangs back in reserve. Her slit, ice-water eyes are the only pair to focus on Amber at any point during the room's invasion, and thankfully the lack of focus - for surely those slit-pupils can focus - implies more idle curiosity than inquisitive purpose. Her attention moves to the other mare in the room, the pink assistant, who moves around and closer to Trakr.

The conversation continues, evidently a debate over the jurisdiction of an investigation. There are many words exchanged, but the pertinent points are these:

For Stalwart,
"We already have several officers assigned to the Comte investigation who have done much work on the case. We possess the evidence gathered at the scene. Furthermore, this is a criminal investigation, and the Baltimare district as a self-governing autonomy, is allowed to make and enforce it's own criminal laws an procedures. To interfere with a criminal investigation is to infringe on that autonomy."

And for Swift Soul,
"This is hardly a criminal investigation alone, as we have reason to believe that Comte was involved in a conspiracy with the local criminal syndicates to import arms to facilitate an armed uprising."

These words trouble Stalwart greatly, as they understood to be 'magic words,' giving the officers power to attach themselves to any investigation. Trakr protests that 'these are the same claims used in Manehattan," to which Swift Soul replies 'what of it? That doesn't make them any less true.' Stalwart's rebuttal centers on demanding to know precisely what these 'reasons to believe' are, to which Swift Soul replies that they keep their sources secret for obvious reasons.

Swift Soul, however, has one more argument:
"This may be a criminal case. But it is a criminal case where the defendant is a member of the government, and one who previously approved the budget of the police and the appointment of the chief. Besides, further investigation may implicate other members of the government as co-defendants." This line is delivered with a smile. "There is a clear conflict of interest, and the investigation must be handled by an outside party."

These words trouble Stalwart perhaps even more than the former. He rebuts that the Police Department is a completely separate institution, with the role of the council in approving the budget and confirming appointments being so tenuous a connection as to create no meaningful conflict. Besides, he's been removed from the council, so there is nothing for him to do in retaliation against the police now. And what of possible other members of the government being implicated? Well, though it's alleged that 'ponies unknown' were involved along with Comte, that is all they are. Unknown. There's not any particular reason to believe the co-defendants were in the government or the SDP coalition, save for the fact that such people were among Comte's closest associates.

The argument drags on, but it's clear that the new officers have an edge, and Stalwart and Trakr are fighting a holding action. The latter two physically move back as the argument drags on, with the two new officers entering further into the room.

>>145312
gasps

is cute
Shimmering Spark
e2709e8
?
No.145317
Things are starting to get interesting. A hero story, conflicting desires, and cute ponies and wolves. I should be able to continue it tomorrow.
Shimmering Spark
e2709e8
?
No.145322
145326
>>145311
"Well, a war isn't won in a day. It will take some time and effort, but I believe the opportunity will reveal itself sooner rather than later. Their operation at their mine already had one major set back. Another one or two might just convince their superiors that they are needed elsewhere."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145326
145327
>>145322
She blinks and shakes her head
"An attack? That could provoke them."

Makade butts in:
"We don't have the resources."
Shimmering Spark
e2709e8
?
No.145327
145328
>>145326
"It will only provoke them if they figure out it's us. They already know there are monsters among them, so if they think they are under attack by something beyond their control, they will leave. And as for resources, breaking things tends to not cost too much. You just have to find the right tools."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145328
145337
>>145327
“How then do you do it?” She asks
Shimmering Spark
8642661
?
No.145337
145479
>>145328
“Very carefully.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
302a3a4
?
No.145338
hopes to continue soon
Silver "The Floof" Sword
302a3a4
?
No.145339
Have I already said that (You) are a cute pony? Oh well, it bears saying again.
Shimmering Spark
1f9642c
?
No.145342
145350
I got this weekend free. I hope for lots more character interaction and adventure!
Shimmering Spark
763f702
?
No.145350
145351
>>145342
The wait for the weekend is tough. But it is worth the wait.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
302a3a4
?
No.145351
>>145350
Right there with you.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145359
145360
>>145294
He gives a sort of smile, and moves his head back
"Yes, the movement is that big. The whole city could rise. Perhaps they will again, one day."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145360
145361
>>145359
Silver looks around to make sure it's unlikely for authorities to overhear, then he looks at the pony he's talking to.

"Do you happen to know anything about paper? My friend here used to work in his own local paper, and he is looking to get back into work."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145361
145363
>>145360
Armed soldiers aren’t that far away, but the presence of many other ponies shouting makes it unlikely they’d hear anything. It’s impossible to tell exactly [i]who is standing in the crowd, and whether there are any unclothed police among them. The pony Silver is speaking to seems to recognize this, as he physically takes another step back and seems reticent to speak. Paper Clipping, however, burst forward and starts speaking.

“Ah great! You think you can help me find the papa’? I was an edita’ back in... back in my home town and, well, okay I wasn’t an edita’ I was a typesetta’ but uh, but I’m a pretty good typesetta’. You know I’m really impressed by the movement you’ve got here. You know, this is more than I could see back home. Folks back home wouldn’t even do a third of this, coming out here and making noise-“
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145363
145479
>>145361
Silver motions to Clip.

"He is rather enthusiastic."
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145368
145369
>>145229
Iron sighed contently at the touch, soon actively seeking out more to hold properly as he focused on long, slow strokes along her mane, up to the end of her crest.
Meanwhile, his hanging hindlegs soon snuck its way in-between Sands' own legs just to feel more of that cuddle-inducing fluff as he closed his eyes, thoroughly enjoying the moment for how long they could do it.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145369
145370
>>145368
Sands raises her eyes at the movement of Iron's legs, but her face returns to a sly smile. There is plenty of mane, which flows down and covers her shoulders. She tries to settle into this position.

[1d5 = 5]
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145370
145371
>>145369
Iron gave Sands ample time to properly settle into it, as he soon stopped her mane caressing to instead rub her bountiful chest fluff instead.
All the while, he simply relaxed himself into it, breathing softly as he enjoyed the limited time he had with White's body until he had to go to war again.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145371
145373
>>145370
And there is indeed quite a bit of fluff there on her chest, as this small unicorn is surprisingly fluffy.

Looking away from Iron, she says
"This floor is a hard, don't you think. Doesn't your friend have a bed we could lay on?"
Amber Sunset
022c130
?
No.145372
145374
Sorry for being awful at keeping up

>>145316
Amber weighs her options. On the one hoof, the entry of these new officers creates a new, albeit uneasy, distraction for the police who have all but forgotten by Amber. On the other, trying to slip away might bring more attention to herself if noticed, especially by that―that bat with her keen eyes.

She decides to not turn away just yet but back up to be the furthest away from the rest, yet not so fast to be suspicious. She looks about nonchalantly, knitting her brow so as to look like she's thinking about the conversation rather than searching for a corner to round.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145373
145374
>>145371
Such a question caused Iron to creak an eye open to look at Sands in order to answer her question. "I have not asked for that," he admitted gently, soon turning his head towards the couch "but the couch should prove quite adequate."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145374
145375 145381
>>145372
Hello

[1d20 = 5]

The two new ponies advance further into the room, renewing demands to be shown certain notes and evidence. Again they allege various insidious conspiracies, and the police in the room allege the only conspiracy is against Baltimare.

>>145373
She moves away, and looks back to Iron frowning. After a moment, she says
"Alright"
And gets up
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145375
145376
>>145374
For a second, Iron felt a tiny bit of dread at Sands' hesitation, but it soon vanished at her agreement, soon standing up and also picking up the mare by sneaking himself under her and standing up.
If successful, he'd soon carry White towards their intended destination and carefully place her there.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145376
145377
>>145375
The size difference between Iron and Sands does not help him here, with her being taller than her, even with her thin body. Still, with brute force he can place her body over his, and carry her the twelve feet or so to the opposite side of the room. The couch is narrow, scarcely enough for the two of them. They will have to cram themselves tight together on the couch, or maybe even (partly) on top of each other.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145377
145378
>>145376
Seeing this, Iron stood next to the couch as he thought for a moment. "...do you prefer to be the top?" he soon asked Sands with a pensive tone.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145378
145379
>>145377
"I suppose" She answers, a little more pleased after Iron asks this question
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145379
145380
>>145378
Hearing this, Iron carefully takes his time on getting in the couch with Sands on top of him, allowing her to choose what sort of treatment she could do to his mostly exposed body as he settled down on his belly.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145380
145385
>>145379
Sands lets Iron get on the bed before making her move. She moves over, eyes a small exposed portion of the couch, and then uses these as footholds as she jumps up onto the bed. She moves to stand over Iron, spreading her legs and looking down to find exactly the position she wants. Then she lays down over him, paying little attention to the position of his legs, leaning against the back of the couch. She folds her hind legs in, and then her forelegs, positioned a little back from his head, and with room to look at him. She rather snug now, with her tail folded in and hanging off the side of the couch, and her mane flowing down and making contact with Iron. He can feel her chest pressed against his, and almost the whole weight of her body. She's like a heavy, fluffy pillow, really. She wears a smug expression, looking down at Iron.
Amber Sunset
022c130
?
No.145381
145382
>>145374
Amber doesn't wait to see the argument become heated, as she turns the corner back into the hallway and walks away as inconspicuously as possible. She looks behind her to see if she's been noticed.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145382
145383
>>145381
[1d20 = 17]

Roll Die

[1d20 = 15]
Amber Sunset
022c130
?
No.145383
145384
>>145382
Move silently hopefully this is the right one: [1d20+3 = 22]
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145384
145386
>>145383
Amber slips off silently, moving away at a critical moment when the bat is distracted by the other mare. The bat is then pushed away by a new pony entering the room who causes some commotion, but nevermind that. Amber slips away, presumably down the hallway behind her
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145385
145387
>>145380
Iron couldn't help but chuckle lightly at the smug Sands currently laying inbetween his body and the couch's backrest, enjoying the comfy pillow as he haphazardly spread his legs out to fully allow his upper portion to land against the couch without disturbing the cat-posed mare on top of him.
Amber Sunset
022c130
?
No.145386
145387
>>145384
Now then, where to find a detective, particularly one tucked away somewhere? She heads down the hall stealthily but quickly, looking at the nameplates of doors with lights on behind them and trying to see through their windows.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145387
145388 145392
>>145385
The couch is almost small for Iron, but he is able to stretch his legs out and over the side. Sands moves a foreleg forward, and then a hindleg, both on her right side, hanging out over Iron. She moves in to make herself comfortable.

>>145386
Well, let's see

Malt Tease... That one is closed. Then there's Great Warmth, Mold Dune, Fillipe Marshmellow... Okay, all of these offices are closed with the lights off. Ah, here's one with someone in it... Wait. It's the griffin. At least she's occupied with... paperwork?
Amber Sunset
022c130
?
No.145388
145389
>>145387
Is there another hallway or intersection at the other end of the building?
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145389
145390
>>145388
Yes. It ends in a "T", with hallways offshoot to both the left and right
Amber Sunset
022c130
?
No.145390
145391
>>145389
Amber goes that way then and peaks around the corner, looking both ways.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145391
145393
>>145390
Roll die
A light on in one room to each side
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145392
145394
>>145387
Iron does the same while allowing Sands' own attempts, breathing contently as he closed his eyes once again. He had to admit, however, that he missed having his hold on her hoof, but it was negligible compared to White's own comfort for tonight.
Amber Sunset
022c130
?
No.145393
145394
>>145391
[1d20 = 7]
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145394
145395 145398
>>145393
No effect.
Yet

>>145392
She lays her head down on Iron's chest and neck, and now besides his head, up against the back of the couch
Amber Sunset
022c130
?
No.145395
145396
>>145394
Amber softly makes her way to the right side doorway. Should I roll for move silently?
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145396
145397
>>145395
Yes.
Amber Sunset
022c130
?
No.145397
145399 145400
>>145396
[1d20+3 = 21]
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145398
145399
>>145394
Feeling this, Iron slowly turns his head towards Sands' and plants a little peck on her cheek before softly nuzzling it.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145399
145400 145401 145403
>>145397
Amber moves around silently past the door, she sees inside another bat

[1d20+5 = 6]

>>145398
She smiles, though her eyes are closed. She remains still
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145400
>>145399
>>145397
The bat seems to be listening to a tape recording playing in his office. He does not take notice of Amber
Amber Sunset
022c130
?
No.145401
145402
>>145399
This isn't it....
Nevertheless, she doesn't move away immediately but tries to make out the words played back.
Listen: [1d20+3 = 13]
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145402
145404
>>145401
Stallion, accented to the Equestrian east coast, probably local. It sounds like one side of a conversation

"Well I couldn't say no."

"They offered money. All in gold."

"No. That's not it. That's not it. There was some underlying threat to it. I can't really describe it. They came in during business hours. Had to excuse another customer because of it. There were three of them. I couldn't say no. Come on. You know that's more than market value."

"Yes, I know. I know. I don't know what you are going to have to do about it. You can open up somewhere else. I don't know. No, I know. It's okay. We'll just... open up somewhere else."

This goes on. There are other sounds, very possibly including the voice of another party, but none of that is clear to Amber, at least from her position.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145403
145405 145406
>>145399
Iron soon slides his head down under her, allowing Sands to rest her head on his just to give her some more cushioning for her pillow-like head.
Amber Sunset
022c130
?
No.145404
145405
>>145402
Money? Gold? Her curiosity piqued, she listens for a little longer.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145405
145406 145407 145408
>>145404
"No. No. No. You don't understand. They wore coats. Heavy coats. Like, raincoats. Loose fitting. But there was no rain. Griffins, all three of them. They were so serious. Who knows what they had under those coats. No. I wasn't going to find out. No you wouldn't have beaten them if you had been there. You'd have seen there was no refusing. Yes. I know. Well no I didn't have permission. Yes I know I need his permission to do. Yes. He's a stakeholder yes. No. Well he'll get his share. Yes I know. Well. Well. Hold on. Listen. It's like if there's a robbery, or a fire, or a storm. Things happen. Look, they left behind gold. Coins mostly, the old bits. And bars. Small ones, like from a bank. Oh come on, you know the place was not worth that much anyways. Yeah. Well you better tell him. Alright I'll tell him myself."

At points the other voice gets a bit louder and seems to display emotional excitement, but it is still so faint as to be impossible to make out.

>>145403
She rubs her head into his, cozying up

[1d5 = 1]
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145406
>>145403
>>145405
And the door to the apartment opens.
Amber Sunset
022c130
?
No.145407
145409
>>145405
It takes her a minute to realize that the listener of the tape recorder isn't the one being talked to. Wait, is this a phone call? Gold...no refusin'...place...I got it, some rotten griffons extorted a poor pony out of his store. Well of all the low-down crooked things.... She doesn't linger on these thoughts though, realizing that when the recording call ends the bat's attention won't be distracted any longer. She starts to head back to the opposite direction.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145408
145409
>>145405
Iron smiled under her, happy to provide the comfort she desired the best way he knew how without resorting to alien concrete jungle techniques like beds.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145409
145410 145411
>>145407
So she’s going towards the left from where she originally came in?

>>145408
“Iron?”
Iron hears the door open, and the familiar voice of Black Cauldron

White Sands lifts her head up to look back towards the entryway, still snug in her position.
Amber Sunset
022c130
?
No.145410
145412
>>145409
Correct, she goes to the left branch of the T intersection. I'll work on a map real quick.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145411
145412 145413
>>145409
Iron creaked an eye open as he turned his head towards Cauldron's voice, overall quite relaxed still as he thought they weren't doing anything wrong.
He first wanted to see her reaction to see what he should say in case something he was doing was indeed bad.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145412
145413 145414 145419
>>145410
It’s worth noting that the hallways both turn in corners.

Amber moves up to the office to see a yellow-orange stallion, evidently looking at photographs below him and a map that is pinned to the wall.

>>145411
Black Cauldron enters the room walking forward while staring at the two ponies sandwiched into each other. White Sands is very much okay with this, having a smile on her face.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145413
145414
>>145411
>>145412
“Iron?” Black Cauldron says, frowning a bit
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145414
145415
>>145412
>>145413
Odd, Iron thought to himself. Why would she be frowning right now...
"Yes?" he soon replied, displaying a content, relaxed smile of his own.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145415
145416
>>145414
“You think you’ll be here for a while, right? Do you need anything to eat? Does your, uh, friend need anything?”
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145416
145417
>>145415
Anything to eat...
Iron quickly took a second to check if he indeed was hungry as he lazily looked up to the mare on top of him. "Do you want anything?" he relaxedly asked the fluffy Sands.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145417
145418
>>145416
“No.” White Sands says without hesitation.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145418
145420
>>145417
Hearing White's words made Iron nod before looking back at Cauldron with a smile. "If I were to ask for food," he suggested in an attempt to be coy, only to be interrupted by his stomach growling lightly.
He hadn't eaten anything after the breakfast at the hotel, meaning he was quite eager to have food right about now. Of course, this derailed any attempt to be playful as his cards were unintentionally put into the table, instead smiling sheepishly at the zebra mare.
Amber Sunset
022c130
?
No.145419
145420
PoliceStation1.png
>>145412
Map done, see pic related. Is it vaguely what you were envisioning?
Amber doesn't really have any more options within the police station. She could try to sneak into one of the many doors along the hallway, but none of those ponies supposedly in there are who she's looking for. She doesn't want to try the bat pony who's busy anyway. Going back to the detectives on the other side of the building is right out.
She enters the office softly. "Um, excuse me, I hope I'm not interrupting anything important."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145420
145421 145422
>>145418
Any stomach growling is muffled by a fluffy pillow unicorn. Unless it’s an excessively aggressive growl.

Black Cauldron answers,
“I can make something quickly.”

>>145419
Not quite. That portrayal seems to have the hallways dead ending in offices. I would have the hallways end in corners where the hallway confines onwards. On the right side it turns again to the right, presumably coming back around so that it meets up with a hallway closer to the entrance and would allow you to walk around in a circle. The hallway on the left turns a corner to the left, though it does not seem to loop around. The offices are on the sides. There are actually a large number of offices, just most of them don’t have anyone working in them at 1 AM on a Saturday morning.

The pony turns to her, putting down the photographs. His brown eyes widen. He wears a beige hat even now inside the room.

“Hmmm?”
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145421
145423
>>145420
Iron's eyes immediately widened at Cauldron's generous attitude, soon getting a bit bashful at having her cook food just for him. "I-I do not wish to take away any more of your time," he quickly stammered out, albeit his lightly hesitant hoof twiddling definitely called out he'd appreciate it.
Amber Sunset
022c130
?
No.145422
145423
>>145420
Good to know, I'll work on it with my rudimentary skills

"Sorry to bother you, but I was wondering where Red Scabbard's office is? I was told I could give him some information regarding a case." She smiles shyly.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145423
145424 145429
>>145421
“Well... I suppose, to be quick, there’s leftovers.”

>>145422
He blinks

“Who are you?”
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145424
145425
>>145423
This caused Iron's to widen once again, now shocked to hear such a concept. "You have leftovers?" he asked out loud, curious.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145425
145426
>>145424
“I take some home from the restaraunt sometimes. When there is food leftover.”
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145426
145427
>>145425
"You take it from so far away?" Iron followed up, now starting to get invested in such alien yet interesting practices. "How does it taste?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145427
145428
>>145426
“Well, yes. Sometimes. I have to get groceries anyways. It tastes almost as good as when it’s fresh.”
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145428
145430
>>145427
"Woah..." he gasped out, eyes practically sparking at such zebra magic told to him like it's nothing. "How do you even do that?"
Amber Sunset
022c130
?
No.145429
145430
PoliceStation2.png
>>145423
I kinda butchered it, but here is a revised version
"Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Amber, and I want to help with the investigation." She smiles more warmly now.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145430
145431 145432
>>145428
“Heh. By heating it on the stove.”

>>145429
He pauses for a moment, and then answers,
“I’m Sunnyside Meadows. Nice to meet you. Red Scabbard is just down the hall and around the corner. Second office on the right, I think.”
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145431
145433
>>145430
"A stove?" Iron uttered, further intrigued by Cauldron's remarkably tame discoveries. "Is it some sort of spell name? A potion, maybe?"
Amber Sunset
022c130
?
No.145432
145433
>>145430
"I'm happy to meet you too. I wish I could talk longer, but...." She yawns. "...But I'm a little pressed for time. Thank you very much, and I wish you the best of luck!" If he has no response she'll follow his directions.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145433
145434 145436
>>145431
“What?” This takes her a moment, and then she laughs.
“No. A stove, for cooking.”

>>145432
He looks back at Amber, finding the interaction odd, but has nothing more to say to her.

Amber has to go back around, sneaking past the bat, and possibly also risking being seen at the T section.
Amber Sunset
022c130
?
No.145434
145435
>>145433
She does so, though she looks to make sure nopony is looking at the T section first.
Move silently: [1d20+3 = 19]
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145435
145437
>>145434
Amber slips right past the first bat quickly.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145436
145438
>>145433
"...is it a fire?" Iron guessed, not too sure what to picture when somepony cooked stuff.
Amber Sunset
022c130
?
No.145437
145438 145439
>>145435
Now for the second part:
[1d20+3 = 21]
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145438
145439 145440
>>145437
Opposed
[1d20+5 = 8]

>>145436
“Sure” she says, smiling
“Let me hear something for you.”
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145439
145441
>>145437
>>145438
Amber slips past the second bat, who is still listening to recordings.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145440
145442
>>145438
Iron excitedly nodded, eagerly anticipating how these magical leftovers would taste. "Please do," he agreed wholeheartedly.
Amber Sunset
022c130
?
No.145441
145442
>>145439
Amber breathes a quiet sigh of relief. Has she made it yet or will her luck run out?
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145442
145443 145444
>>145441
Turning the corner, she sees a red Pegasus heading down the hallway, coming her direction.

>>145440
Wordlessly, Black Cauldron turns on a stove in the attacked kitchen, while White Sands continues laying atop her prize.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145443
145445
>>145442
Iron quickly turned to see such a magnificent piece of magic flashing on in rapt attention, eyes dilating slightly out of immense curiousity as his mouth hung open. "How did you do that?" he blurted out loud.
Of course, he didn't move so much, as he still was cognizant enough of the mare on top of him and would be disturbed if he were to suddenly shift his position.
Amber Sunset
022c130
?
No.145444
145445
>>145442
Does he have a black mane and Baltimare police uniform?
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145445
145446 145447
>>145443
“Gas” Black Cauldron answers in the most matter of fact find if voice possible. Iron can’t move by much with the weight on him. In fact even breathing is harder than usual.

>>145444
Black mane, check, though he has a hat on. He is wearing a raincoat, and it is hard to tell if there is or is not a uniform beneath that.
Amber Sunset
022c130
?
No.145446
145448
>>145445
There can't be that many OC's colored with edge in this dark universe, can there?
Amber casually walks out from around the corner and winks at the stallion.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145447
145448
>>145445
Iron obviously endured it, glad to have Sands comfy after everything that had happened today and glad to chat with Cauldron about such a riveting topic. "What's gas?" he immediately asked afterwards. "Is that where the spell comes in?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145448
145449 145450
4413628C-82ED-43A3-B7DC-A36DE6F4A565.png
>>145446
Pic so very much related.

The stallion looks over to Amber confused, then goes to the right and pulls out a key, starting to unlock a door.

>>145447
“Uh, well it burns, let me say that.”
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145449
145451
>>145448
"Oooh..." Iron cooed in amazement, mesmerized by Cauldron's actions to heat up leftovers.
Amber Sunset
022c130
?
No.145450
145451
>>145448
Her right or his right? Also, how many doors are between this door and the intersection?
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145451
145452 145453
>>145449
With nog much sound of fanfare, an item is removed from a box and placed into an open metal cylinder. Black Cauldron moves out of the kitchen and back towards the bedroom, looking back at Iroj and White Sands as she moves.

>>145450
It appears to indeed be the second door on Amber’s right
Amber Sunset
022c130
?
No.145452
145454
>>145451
Amber thanks the Princesses as she approaches him. She can't be absolutely sure until she speaks to him, but she can be reasonably certain this is indeed the pony she's looking for. She walks up and asks him, "Red Scabbard, I presume?"
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145453
145454
>>145451
Iron stared at the pot far more than he cared to admit, the extra difficulty to breathe not causing that much strain on his attention towards such magical arts at display.
However, he spared one glance at Cauldron to flash her an excited smile just to show off how grateful and eager he was to taste such powerful foods.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145454
145455 145456
>>145452
He turns around and pauses, looking at her, then looking over his shoulder, and then back to her.

“Yes. Are you the kid?”

>>145453
She seems a bit uncertain, as best as he can tell. She removes a jacket and goes into her room, coming out after maybe a minute.
Amber Sunset
022c130
?
No.145455
145457
>>145454
"Mm-hmm. I have it."
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145456
145457
>>145454
Such a sign of uncertainty immediately tempered his excitement, now feeling worried something may have happened without him noticing, soon looking at the stove a bit more closely. Maybe she needs some extra gas to properly give it enough fire? he thought to himself.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145457
145458 145459
>>145455
“Give it over now, There is less time than we thought. Much less.”

>>145456
When she comes back over, she starts speaking to Iron, looking away.

“So... You know the mess you’re in. How will you handle it?”
Amber Sunset
022c130
?
No.145458
145460 145461
>>145457
"Okay!" She frowns and glances at the door, thinking to herself that it would be much more secure in there. She reaches into her dress and fumbles around with the paper until she pulls it out, then hastily pushes it toward him.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145459
145461
>>145457
Oh.
Iron's spirits lowered considerably to allow himself some time to properly think through stuff as he sighed softly. "I was planning on going back to bait out some hitsquads to beat up," he explained with a bit of hesitation, feeling it would be sternly rejected. "Maybe bring some sort of help."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145460
>>145458
[1d2 = 2]
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145461
145462 145463
>>145458
He takes the paper, and tries to unfold it, then looks up and forward. He must have changed his mind, because he puts the paper to the side and behind again to try to unlock the door of the office, succeeding and opening it.

>>145459
“I’m not sure there is much other choice.” She says almost somberly.
“You’ve started a war without permission. You and that one unicorn mare. The only way to get away with that is to win it. Or at least, to give a damn good start.”
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145462
145466
>>145461
"Yes..." Iron trailed off, now feeling quite self-conscious about his failures back at the port with a pout on his face and looking away in shame.
I mustn't fail them, he declared to himself, making a promise. If I fail them, then I am as good as dead.
Amber Sunset
022c130
?
No.145463
145464
>>145461
She whispers after him, "How do I get out?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145464
145465
>>145463
He whispers back, entering into the room.
"Not yet. You may have to carry something out."
Amber Sunset
022c130
?
No.145465
145466
>>145464
She follows him in hastily, practically barging past him. "It's nothing big or dangerous, I hope?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145466
145467 145469
>>145462
"It's not your fault, I know. I would have assumed she had authority as well. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if her underboss ordered her to. But any time things go wrong they are always looking for a scapegoat and you're not in a great position. Get well and get help. If you finish this - or even if you don't, but you leave it in a better situation than if you never did anything - I think this will do a lot to help unite us."

>>145465
She enters into the office, causing him to look up at her for how she entered. He closes the door.

"I'm not sure what it is yet." He says, unfolding the paper

"In any case don't get caught with it,
Amber Sunset
022c130
?
No.145467
145468
>>145466
"My plan is to go to the bathrooms and use that as an excuse for being missing. Do you know if they have windows I can climb through?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145468
145470
>>145467
"Not up here. Not in this building. The bathrooms are back there."
He tilts his head to the left.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145469
145471
>>145466
"I have no clue what kind of help is best for this," Iron admitted, now looking back at Cauldron with fears about being judged cleared. "Do you have any suggestions?"
Anonymous
022c130
?
No.145470
145471
>>145468
"I reckon I couldn't get past the front door without being searched. Is there any window up 'round here I can climb through safely?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145471
145472 145473
>>145469
"It's less dangerous to use somepony outside of our thing to do it. Less dangerous for us, less dangerous for you. Especially if it goes wrong. Didn't you work with ponies on... other projects?"

>>145470
"There are some offices, but I think you'll be less suspicious leaving through the front door than out a second floor window. They only really search ponies when they enter the building, and even then, only for explosives and weapons."
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145472
145474
>>145471
"I did..." Iron muttered, looking to the side in a mix of doubt and uncertainty "but I have no clue how to contact almost all of them."
Anonymous
022c130
?
No.145473
145474
>>145471
"Oh, thank Celestia. Please do hurry, though, your partners want me to sign something but they're distracted now.
I don't know for how long."

Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145474
145475 145476
Okay, I have to sleep now. I'm actually available this weekend, so feel free to stop by tomorrow and the next night, and probably the next after that.

>>145472
"Well, something like that, I think, is your best bet. Private help, I mean. I can help locate ponies, if need be. Just... not from my group."

>>145473
"Not long"
He says, while reading the paper unfolded in front of him
Amber Sunset
022c130
?
No.145475
145479
>>145474
Goodnight! I should be more regular too
Amber won't distract him any longer but will listen for the sound of hoofsteps.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145476
145479
>>145474
Neat
Iron visibly brightened up at Cauldron's offer, nodding in appreciation. "Thank you," he offered with a thankful smile. "It would mean a lot."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145479
145480 145486 145488 145504
>>145475
Roll Listen

>>145476
"Do you... have any ideas?" She asks, and turns her head back to the pot.

"It really is impressive, going in there alone. Well, with just your friend I mean. Trying to take on the whole of the Ginoviccis. What remains of them, anyways. That's great courage, and great toughness to come away from that. I don't know anypony who would even attempt that, much less survive it. But it looks like you took on a little more than you could handle."

>>145363
"Yes... Uh, I don't know ponies who work in the paper, but I know somepony who distributes the paper."

>>145337
If Waabishki had any reply, she doesn't make it before Petal makes a comment of her own

"You must be very careful about that talk here, It's very dangerous."
Shimmering Spark
1f9642c
?
No.145480
145481
>>145479
"Why is that?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145481
145482
>>145480
“The, the Changelings... they don’t really, well, tolerate it.”
Shimmering Spark
1f9642c
?
No.145482
145483
>>145481
"None of you are changelings, are you?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145483
145484
>>145482
She answers
“No... Still, it’s best to be careful, and don’t repeat any of that in public. You never know...”
Shimmering Spark
1f9642c
?
No.145484
145485
>>145483
Spark nods.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145485
145487
>>145484
Three seconds of silence, and the phone rings.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145486
145490
>>145479
Iron took a deep breath at the question, only to stop and think about it as Cauldron took her time praising his efforts. It did cause him to puff his chest out slightly as he pondered, recovering some of his lost pride after his close defeat against Koptis.
Despite this, the native seemed a bit at a loss on what sort of help he'd really want. A spotter would be a no-brainer in order to see the hitsquads coming, but he didn't really recall anypony he's worked that had such a skillset. Maybe another set of hooves to fight alongside with? He didn't know other bruisers like he was, unless killing was on the table or he could convince some of the boxers in that underground fighting ring to fight with him.
Shimmering Spark
1f9642c
?
No.145487
145490
>>145485
Spark looks over to the phone.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145488
145490
>>145479
"That is excellent place to start. Who distributes papers"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145490
145491 145492 145499
>>145486
"It's ready!"
Black Cauldron proclaims

>>145487
Waabishki stands up, and then after a moment, Ply Press goes forward to answer it

"Hello?"
He places the phone down to his side, and says to the other creatures in the room
"It's the hospital"

Waabishki, already standing up, rushes over

He continues talking into the phone
"Uh huh. Alright -"

After more words, he says
"Well, it's confirmed. Cancer, mesothelioma apparently. They want to do a treatment while he's here. Over night at least."

Waabishki's ears go down

>>145488
"Well.. There is a pony I know..."
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145491
145493
>>145490
That got Iron's ears and to perk up considerably, akin to a dog conditioned to think food was on the plate when the bell rang, and was about to practically jump out of the couch only to be reminded of the midly stifling bugmare currently on top of him, causing him to look at Sands with a small, sheepish smile. "You do not mind if I go eat and then come back, right?" he promptly asked the unicorn.
Shimmering Spark
1f9642c
?
No.145492
145493
>>145490
"I see. We will check back on him in the morning."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145493
145494 145497
>>145491
Her eyes meet his, and seem to convey a particular laziness. After a moment, she answers “alright,” as if moving is a burden. She unfolds her legs from under her, and gets off of Iron, making it a bit easier to breath.

>>145492
The Doctor:
“Yes... I know those treatments. Well, sort of. It’ll be until the late morning at the very least.”
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145494
145498
>>145493
Finally free of Sands' fluffly prison, he soon gives her a quick hug her way before dashing off the couch and towards the prepared meal.
Shimmering Spark
1f9642c
?
No.145497
145498 145657
>>145493
"Alright. That gives time for me to run by the store and see about some supplies."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145498
145500 145657
>>145494
squeaky
Small and very huggable.

Iron goes over to see Black Cauldron placing the food on plates. It’s a good item Iron has had before, noodles made out of Casava

>>145497
“Uh, yes, that should be done sometime.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145499
145501
>>145490
Silver looks at the pony expectantly.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145500
145501
>>145498
Iron gingery yet carefully stomped the floor in applause, smiling brightly as he did it before leaning just enough for his face to be just in front of the delicious meal he had before. "Ooo~" he let out in awe. "It looks brand new."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145501
145502 145519
>>145499
“If you... want to meet him...”

>>145500
“Heh, I’m glad you think so.”

White Sands walks up, and asks
“Do you have tea?”

Black Cauldron turns to Iron and asks,
“Who is she, again?”
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145502
145503
>>145501
Iron blinked out of his food trance to lean back up to normal and turning to face Cauldron with a happy smile. "She's White Sands," he replied gingerly "a unicorn in need of help to establish herself in the concrete jungle after a tragic series of events I do not really know about."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145503
145506
>>145502
“Uh huh. I’ll start water boiling.”
Amber Sunset
096126e
?
No.145504
145505
>>145479
[1d20+3 = 6]
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145505
145507
>>145504
Hallway is clear
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145506
145508
>>145503
Iron nodded, not sensing the disbelief in Cauldron's voice as he eagerly waited for the food to be ready.
Amber Sunset
096126e
?
No.145507
145508
>>145505
She breathes a sigh of relief and waits for the detective to finish.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145508
145509 145521
>>145506
The food is placed in front of Iron, steaming from the heat.

>>145507
He reads it, and crumples it up, placing it back in his jacket pocket.

“Alright. I got it.”
Amber Sunset
096126e
?
No.145509
145510 145512
>>145508
She looks toward him, heart beating wildly. "Yes. I'm ready."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145510
145511
>>145509
“Alright kid”
He leaves the room, going right

[1d20 = 14]
Amber Sunset
096126e
?
No.145511
145513
>>145510
She follows him closely.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145512
145513
>>145509
The hallway is clear
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145513
145514
>>145511
>>145512
He goes to the end of the hallway to a steel door that he places a key in to unlock

roll die for luck
Amber Sunset
096126e
?
No.145514
145515
>>145513
[1d20 = 5]
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145515
145516
>>145514
Amber can hear that behind them, not far, are the two new officers and Stalwart
Amber Sunset
096126e
?
No.145516
145517
>>145515
Pretend everything is normal, don't draw any attention....
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145517
>>145516
He opens the door. Amber can see inside is a room with many many metal shelves filled with many small bags and various items ranging from pots to firearms.

Red Scabbard rushes forward, while the ponies behind them seem to take notice.
Amber Sunset
096126e
?
No.145518
145520 145522
Amber follows him and throws her hooves around him, but not in a way that restrains him from moving. "Grab it and hide it, they're coming. Play along, I'll try foolin' them." She nuzzles him lightly, though she tenses up at how gross it feels with a stranger.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145519
145520
>>145501
Silver nods.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145520
145522 145523 145529
>>145518
He looks back to her for a moment, then continues forward at high speed. It’s probably very difficult for her to stay attached. He looks at the various rows of shelves, trying to find exactly the right one.

“What is this? Are you trying to be my overly affectionate nephew, or something?”

[1d20 = 19]
[1d20 = 3]

>>145519
“He’s in this crowd” he says, and starts moving
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145521
145522
>>145508
Iron lightly smacked his lips as his tongue danced along them, enjoying the view of such delectable food waiting for him to engulf them inside him.
He took his time approaching the food proper wherever it was, approaching his muzzle towards it as he prepared himself for the first slurp/bite.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145522
145524
>>145518
>>145520
In another bout of good luck, he goes to the section, and grabs the items in question, finding it rather quickly among the many on the shelves. It’s two paper envelopes, and nothing more. He places them close to himself.

The other ponies, fortunately, are not in there. Not yet.

>>145521
Cassava noodles, lightly spiced, and still steaming from the voodoo magic
Amber Sunset
096126e
?
No.145523
145525
>>145520
"Your marefriend, rather. But just for the moment."
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145524
145526
>>145522
And thus, Iron 'striked' at the food, taking a mightly chunk of noodles with him to see just how different these 'leftovers' were compared to freshly cooked ones.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145525
145527
>>145523
He turns to her, letting her place her hooves on him, looking above and past her towards the entrance of the room. Amber can’t see behind her, but she doesn’t need to. She can hear them coming - at least Stalwart and Swift Soul, perhaps more. She knows they will be there imminently. He turns to her to look her in the eyes, smiling.

“Good choice young lady. Wouldn’t be the first time they caught me with a young mare during work hours either. Just, whatever your birthday is, it’s now a year earlier. Happy eighteenth.”

He moves in closer to her, much closer, with his head and both forelegs, sitting down in front of her, placing his left foreleg around her neck, pulling her closer, closing his eyes and kissing her with some force. His lips meet hers, and he even tries to place his tongue in her mouth - at least he doesn’t shove it. His right foreleg moves in under Amber’s jacket, and presses a pair of envelopes against her chest.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145526
145528
>>145524
nom nom nom

A little softer, and not as intense in the spicy flavor
Amber Sunset
096126e
?
No.145527
145530
>>145525
Amber widens her eyes in shock and it takes all of her willpower to not instantly recoil away. By no means does she let his tongue enter her mouth, though she does purse her lips and try to adopt the façade. She takes one hoof off his withers to meet his own hoof and subtly tuck away the envelopes. It takes a few moments for her to get over the surprise and act into the kiss.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145528
145530
>>145526
Iron hummed in delight, closing his eyes in pleasant surprise at just how similar it tasted for being 'leftovers' taken from so far.
Gulping the mighty piece of meal, he soon turned to Cauldron in pure wonder. "How does these leftovers stay so good for so long?" he proceeded to ask before scarfing down on the food proper.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145529
145530
>>145520
Silver follows the protestor.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145530
145531 145534 145535
>>145527
He presses forward and raises his forebody up a bit. His right hoof goes completely under jacket, trying to ensure the envelopes are against her chest and in her hooves. Then he pulls his leg out and pulls her jacket inwards, over the envelope. He's clearly not faking the kiss at all, rubbing his lips against hers, and then attempting to move his tongue against hers, and then her lips. His left leg is right behind her head, and it seems that if she tried to pull away, he would have tried to stop her. He opens his eyes, though in a half open "loverly" way, first looking at Amber, but then quickly over her left shoulder.

"Scabbard. What in Tartarus are you doing?"

Now he lets his leg off of her, though he doesn't break the kiss.

>>145528
"Refrigeration." She says, smiling

>>145529
They have to nearly plow themselves through the group, as they go from one location to another, with the protestor not seeming to know the precise location of the pony. Finally, the protestor says

"Here he is. Hey. Hey!. Read Extra?"

He A pony turns to them both
"This is Read Extra. He works for an 'official newspaper, but he also works for the real one."
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145531
145532
>>145530
Iron stopped his eager eating to stare back at the zebra with a bit of confusion before gulping his current bite. "Refrige-what now?" he blankly inquired, blinking in puzzlement.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145532
145533
>>145531
"Oh, just more magic." She answers, smiling as she places a tea bag in the kettle.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145533
145536
>>145532
"Oh!" Iron gasped in realization before nodding excitedly. "I get it!"
He soon went back to finishing the plate offered to him for good this time.
Amber Sunset
096126e
?
No.145534
145536
>>145530
"Mmmmm!" she resonates in an annoyed fashion, though it may be difficult to tell from a passionate response. Unlike Scabbard, who seems to be a professional at this (a fact that creeps her out the more), she makes no elaborate movements but remains wooden. However, as she's faced away from the entrance her acting skills probably don't need to be tested. She doesn't move or break the kiss―though Scabbard can tell she is shaking slightly―but only tucks the envelopes flat between her body and her dress.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145535
145539
>>145530
He offers a hoof shake to Read Extra, and motions to Clip.

"Pleasure to meet you. This is Paper Clipping, and he would like to work for real paper."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145536
145537 145538
>>145534
Scabbard doesn't seem to be particularly interested in breaking the kiss, but he does so anyways some time after being yelled at

Scabbard:
"I'm helping this filly since you've been occupied."

Stalwart:
"Helping? Come in five minutes later and you'd be humping. Come on, you could have at least stayed in your office."

Scabbard:
"Hey, she needed help, none of you were helping, I just got in, I helped her."

Stalwart:
"You can't be romancing witnesses. Is she even eighteen?"

Scabbard:
"She isn't one of my witnesses. And yeah, I know her from the college, that's all."

Stalwart:
"Yeah, well get the fuck out of the evidence room. The Blackhooves just showed up."

Scabbard stands up, and walks past Amber, then past Stalwart - who gives him an extremely disapproving glare, and then past Trakyr, who is smiling and gives him a pat on the back, exchanging the words "Nice one."

>>145533
She pours a cup
"Oh. Wow. that was quick. Should I make more?"
Amber Sunset
096126e
?
No.145537
145539
>>145536
She walks out of the room as well, and stammers, "I'm-I'm sorry, I-I hardly ever get the chance to see him so I thought I could visit him at work...."
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145538
145539
>>145536
Iron checked his stomach's satisfaction as he looked at the cup in question, slightly taken aback by its sudden appearance on stage.
It could potentially allow for more, but he felt like a mooch already after failing to finish the war against the Spaghettis. "...I will think about it," he answered, peering over the cup's contents.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145539
145540 145542 145544
>>145535
He does extend a hoof, but gives a very weak grip and shake. Perhaps this is because of Paper Clipping, who moves up and very enthusiastically says,

"Hello, my name is Paper Clipping, I was a typesetter back home. I hear you are a distributor? I'd love to get in contact with the paper here. The real one, I mean. For the Communist movement. I love what you have here in Baltimare. I'm new to this place-"
He doesn't give the pony much time to respond, but eventually he answers,

"How do I know you're in the movement?"

paper Clipping tries to give responses of his own

>>145537
Stalwart turns to Amber, with a look of condemnation
"Was the gun found near Hoebuck at all?!"

Swift Soul physically pushes Stalwart aside, breaking Stalwart's attention on Amber. He turns back to her to say
"I have to keep this. It isn't legal in Baltimare."

He follows Swift Soul into the evidence room. The bat stops to look at Amber, looking her up and down, and then enters behind Stalwart. Trakyr enters last, but he looks over at both Scabbard and Amber.

>>145538
It's a beige colored water. Not interesting
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145540
145541
>>145539
Iron turned back to Cauldron with a puzzled look, pointing down at the cup. "Is this for me?" he soon asked the zebra
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145541
145543
>>145540
She scrunches.
“This is for your... for her.” He says
White Sands walks up, and with her magic, takes the cup.

“Do you want some?” Black Cauldron asks Iron
Amber Sunset
096126e
?
No.145542
145545
>>145539
She shuts her eyes and points her face at the floor, not saying anything.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145543
145545
>>145541
Iron breathed a sigh of relief, wiping his brow with a hoof at having dodged a bullet for a second. "I was just about to drink it," he admitted with a sheepish smile.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145544
145545
>>145539
Silver lets Clip answer, not yet interferring in the discussion.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145545
145546 145547 145551
>>145542
“Kid. We’re not done yet. Not quite. Let’s go back to my office.” Red Scabbard whispers into her ear.

>>145544
“Yeah, I was in the Communist Party. Not of Equestria, but... a part of the International.”

“Yes, we were in CAN. Anarchist affiliation.”

Clip is silent for a moment
“What of the Communist?”

“That Stallionist stuff? More power to the State, which exists only to perpetrate class oppression? No thanks.”

Clipping
“Well, yes. You’ve read Lemon, right? It’s to remove the upper class during the transitory period.”

“Yeah, I’ve heard of him.”

The feeling is a little tenser now

>>145543
That water is incredibly dirty and they should know better than to drink water if that color. It’s like leaf-stained standing water in certain pools, an odd yellowish tint.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145546
145548
>>145545
Such a realization made Iron's eyes to widen considerably, soon looking back at Cauldron. "Wait," he uttered "why was the water so brown?"
Amber Sunset
096126e
?
No.145547
145548
>>145545
Her ear twitches and she nods. She will turn to follow.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145548
145549 145550
>>145547
He motions for her to follow him. He enters his office, and closes the door behind him.

He turns to her,
“You have it, right? That’s the most dangerous part. But it’s not all. Now, you must cover your tracks and I mine.”

>>145546
“It’s tea.” She answers
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145549
145552
>>145548
Iron's mouth hung open slightly, unsure what to think of such a brew. "...is tea dangerous?" he uttered, a bit unsure. "It looked like water puddles after a lot of rainfall against the mud."
Amber Sunset
096126e
?
No.145550
145552
>>145548
"Yes, but what am I going to do? I have to get out of here!" she says, half-panicked.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145551
145552
>>145545
Now, Silver interferes.

"Friends, friends, this is what fascists want. They want us picking petty fights with each other so we are weak. You are both against fascist regime of Black Hooves and their occupation of numerous peoples across world, yes?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145552
145553 145554 145565
>>145550
“Shh! Calm down. Right now, you’re exactly where they expect you will be. In my office with the door closed, and I promise you they don’t expect you out just yet. Now, what story did you tell them when you came in? Keep your story straight, and so long as they have something else to be worried about, it will be fine.”

>>145549
“No, it’s, it’s a perfectly safe beverage. See? She’s drinking it.”

White Sands is indeed drinking it, with an annoyed expression.

>>145551
They each, respectively, blink
“He has a point” Clip says

“So... can I help?”

“I’ll see” the other stallion says.
“You’re a typesetter, right?”

“Sure am” clip says

“Well, here’s a copy of the unofficial paper.

He hoofs over a pamphlet to Clipping
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145553
145555
>>145552
Silver takes a look at the paper while it's being passed.
Amber Sunset
096126e
?
No.145554
145555
>>145552
"I gave them a revolver―I think you know where I got it―and I told them that I found it next to a dumpster in an alley near that Hoebuck place. I didn't ask for you, specifically, but I asked how detective work around here goes, to figure out where you were."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145555
145556 145559
Spoilered
quads for best pony

>>145554
“Okay, so they will be expecting some kind of report on where the revolver came from. Otherwise they will be curious as to how you got it, and ‘I wanted to see my boyfriend.’ Doesn’t quite cut it. But that isn’t our big problem. Our big problem is what you have under your jacket right now. Now, you have it, but that doesn’t mean every mention of it has disappeared. To do that, we’re going to need to get a set of keys, go into the offices, and change some documents.” He looks up at her. “Do you hear me?”

>>145553
It’s a set of blue papers that are folded into pamphlet format, with a few words in the front.
Amber Sunset
096126e
?
No.145556
145557
>>145555
She nods but still looks uncertain. "I was just told to come here and deliver that paper to you. This keeps getting more and more complicated."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145557
145558
>>145556
[1d20 = 16]

Roll die

[1d20 = 1]
Amber Sunset
096126e
?
No.145558
145560
>>145557
[1d20 = 1]
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145559
145560
>>145555
"Huh. I would have thought it would be red, or gold."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145560
145561 145562 145732
>>145558
He says to her,
“You’re in this, I assure you. But the problem is simple. The master key set is located near the Secretary at the front. I have an office I need to be in. I need her to not notice me as I take the keys, and anyone in any other offices to not notice me.”

>>145559
“We have a red one, too” the stallion says
Amber Sunset
096126e
?
No.145561
>>145560
That's...a difficult challenge.
I think I'll call it here. Thank you for hosting and for your dedication!
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145562
145563
>>145560
Silver nods.

"That is more what.I expected. So, how will we know if Clip is accepted?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145563
145564
>>145562
“Someone else in the organization will tell us. He should attend a meeting, first.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145564
145566
>>145563
Silver looks at Clip.

"I get feeling he would want to attend regardless."
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145565
145566
>>145552
Iron rubbed his snout with his hoof in contemplation, carefully analyzing Sands' overtly displeased look pensively before turning back to face Cauldron. "She is acting a bit strange," he sumrised with a small frown, looking back at the tea cup with a curious look. "...could I have some, too?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145566
145567 145568
>>145565
“She is... I think she expects you to know these things.”
Black Cauldron turns the faucet off
“Yes, you can have some.”

>>145564
Paper Clipping wags his tail and smiles

Read Extra looks to him, and to Silver.
“There’s a soup kitchen on 34th. Meet there, around 5 Pam most days. There will be somepony to help.”
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145567
145569
>>145566
Iron's ears perked up at both statements, now looking a bit lost. "Should I?" he repeated with a bit of apprehension.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145568
145569
>>145566
Silver nods at Read Extra, and looks at Clip.

"Think you can remember that?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145569
145570 145571
>>145568
“Yep! Do you know where that is?”

>>145567
“Just take a cup”

White Sands says.

“It won’t bite you.”
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145570
145572
>>145569
Now feeling like he had to take it, Iron soon turned to Cauldron with a more confident look. "I will have one of these 'tea' things," he concluded, accentuated with a nod.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145571
145572
>>145569
"No, but I have a map."

Silver pulls out his map of Baltimare from his bags.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145572
145573 145575
>>145570
And thus she pours a cup of the liquid, and gives it to Iron.

>>145571
Read Extra takes it (if Silver allows it).

“Why don’t I mark that?”

He marks a spot on the map, and gives it to Silver.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145573
145574
>>145572
Iron took a deep breath, staring down at the menacing-looking liquid with a small frown as he neared his snout towards the beverage to take a couple of small sniffs.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145574
145577
>>145573
It’s not an especially strong smell, and most closely approximates the smell of tree leaves.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145575
145576
>>145572
Silver allows it, and gives it to Clip.

"I may not be able to join you tonight because of my date, but that does not mean you can not go if you want to."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145576
145578
>>145575
“Thank you.” He says, it seems to both Read Extra and Silver
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145577
145580
>>145574
Iron's mouth pouts lightly, suspicious of the leaf-smelling drink as he now makes contact with the coup with his lips, psyching himself up for the tasting.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145578
145580
>>145576
"Unless you want to stay here with protest, we can go to potion maker I was telling you about for your injury."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145580
145583 145594
>>145577
It has a taste - weaker, frankly, than some of the beverages - again, like tree leaves.

>>145578
“Sure.” He says
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145583
145584
>>145580
Silver offers the two protestors a hoofshake each.

"Thank you both so much for helping Clip."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145584
145586
>>145583
Both do in fact offer hoof shakes. Both are kind of weak on the grip, and flail their legs up and down rather rapidly.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145586
145587 145588
>>145584
This is in comparison to Silver's firm, confident handshake. He definitely takes note of this.

"I wish you both luck in this fight."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145587
>>145586
*hoofshake
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145588
145589
>>145586
He gives a nod,
“For the Revolution.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145589
145590
>>145588
"За революцию."

He looks to Clip.

"Ready to go?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145590
145591
>>145589
“Oh, are you from Stalliongrad?”
Read Extra asks

Paper Clipping says,
“I suppose”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145591
145592
>>145590
Silver looks at Read Extra, and nods.

"St. Petershoof actually, but yes."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145592
145593
>>145591
“Oh, neat! Are you here to help us with our liberation?”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145593
145595
>>145592
He chuckles.

"I am afraid I am not part of Party. I left home before Steel Stallion's Revolution."
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145594
145595
>>145580
Iron soon decides to let the water gently flow into his throat instead, wondering if there was any real fuzz about this whole ordeal.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145595
145596 145598
>>145593
“Ah... There are many here from Severyana, but only so many from from after the Revolution, and most of them are from the old landing owning class. It’s not hard to understand why. If I were a worker in Stalliongrad, I would not want to leave. Not to leave for here.”

>>145594
If anything, it stings less than the alcohol, and isn’t bitter like coffee.

Only time will tell if Iron develops dysentery
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145596
145597
>>145595
Seeing no really distinctive danger nor pleasantness from the beverage, Iron nonchalantly downs the rest of the cup's contents into his mouth just to be cordial and not waste any of what he asked for.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145597
145604
>>145596
The water is very hot and the taste is slightly unpleasant.... but it done.

Neither Black Cauldron nor White Sands seem to have expected him to drink if so quickly.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145598
145599
>>145595
"No land owners here, my father was just humble blacksmith. I left home because I wanted to learn more about world, and if it is truly to be world revolution we should learn all that we can about how others are liberating themselves from oppressors."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145599
145600
>>145598
“Yes, very much so.” He nods
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145600
145601
>>145599
"Alright, I suppose Clip and I should be leaving now. It was truly great meeting you, and I hope we meet again soon!"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145601
145602
>>145600
He nods to Silver, and the two are able to leave
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145602
145603
>>145601
And thus the two do, Silver looking for a taxi once they leave the mass of protestors.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145603
145606
>>145602
They have to move further away, but once they get to a maj. road if no time at all for a taxi to come by. The taxi is hailed swiftly and they are in.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145604
145605
>>145597
Iron's eyes widened considerably at the unexpected heat, yet he didn't back down from it out of pride and not messing up Cauldron's home anymore than he's done so far.
However, seeing the two mares staring at him made him pout softly in response. "Did I... do something wrong?" he tentatively asked.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145605
145610
>>145604
“No, just.... well I haven’t seen that before.”
She answers
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145606
145607
>>145603
Silver lets Clip get in first before he enters, and once inside he gives the driver the address of the bar where he met Cauldron.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145607
145608
>>145606
“The Watering Hole. Alright.”

The taxi takes them north a few blocks, and then quite a few blocks east, before dropping them off at The Watering Hole.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145608
145609
>>145607
Silver pays him for this trip, and asks for him to wait outside for a short bit before exiting the vehicle.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145609
145611
>>145608
The taxi remains. Paper Clipping does not exit the vehicle. Entering inside, Silver sees a mildly active bar, with a Diamond dog at the main bar.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145610
145612
>>145605
"You haven't?" Iron repeated, now feeling a bit confused.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145611
145612
>>145609
Silver goes up to the Diamong Dog bartender, wondering if he recognizes him.

"I am looking for Black Cauldron. Is she in, today?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145612
145613 145614
33104B8E-765A-44A4-A206-A97B0F2FBFBB.jpeg
>>145610
“No.” Black Cauldron answers, plainly.

>>145611
The Diamond Dog raises an eyebrow, and answers “Not at this moment.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145613
145615
>>145612
"Oh. Well, do you know where she would be? My friend just got out of hospital and needs something to help deal with pain and get him healing."
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145614
145615
>>145612
"Oh," Iron muttered, looking down at the empty cup before hoofing it over to Cauldron "well, it was not really bad at all. Just has a weird taste."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145615
145616 145617
>>145613
“She’s out on a personal matter now. Would you like to come back or leave a message?”

>>145614
“Well, it’s good that you like it. Do you need anything else?”
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145616
145618
>>145615
"Just one more thing," Iron replied, smiling lightly before giving Cauldron a big, long, gentle hug.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145617
145635
>>145615
"Are you sure there is no way I can find her?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145618
145619
>>145616
“Woah” she is a bit surprised, but is hugged all the same
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145619
145620
>>145618
"Thank you," Iron soon gratefully whispered, giving the zebra a little nuzzle on her cheek before letting go with a determined smile "now I shall make sure I am ready to face the enemy tomorrow, so I must rest the weariness away."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145620
145621
>>145619
She smiles, but then frowns a little as Iron says his later words,

“Alright.” She answers
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145621
145622
>>145620
Seeing Cauldron's slight frown soon made Iron rethink his statement, giving her a softer look. "I do not mean to assault them immediately," he asserted, hoping it would ease the zebra's worries/grievances. "I am only making sure I am physically prepared to start my proper assault against my foe."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145622
145623
>>145621
“Oh, no, I understand.” She answers him
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145623
145624
>>145622
Iron pouted slightly, feeling himself a tiny bit worried for Cauldron as he once again took a step closer. "Are you sure you will be alright?" he asked. "I do not mean to hurt you any more than I have already."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145624
145625
>>145623
She looks at him, wordlessly. When Iron is finished speaking, she doesn’t answer, but instead stands there In of him, as if waiting.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145625
145626
>>145624
Unsure what to do, but wanting to comfort the zebra mare in the slightest bit, he tentatively held his hoof out for her, aiming to land it on her cheek.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145626
145627
>>145625
She accepts this, the hoof landing on her cheek, and her blue eyes looking into his. She still doesn’t seem to want to say anything.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145627
145628
>>145626
"Hey," Iron let out once again, now taking his time caressing her cheek.
However, he was at a loss on what to say next, simply hoping his touch could do what his words can't.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145628
145629
>>145627
She smiles at Iron
“It’s alright.” She says.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145629
145635
>>145628
Iron just couldn't help himself, soon enveloping the zebra once again into his forelegs, this time far more tender and oddly remorseful than the last one.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145635
145637 145639
>>145617
“You can leave a message, or give her a way to find you.” He says to Silver.

“Or you could come back later.”

>>145629
Iron can feel her short, course coat and the muscle and bone beneath, before she wraps her own forelegs around him, and placed her head on his shoulder against his head, burying her muzzle into the fur on his neck.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145637
145638
>>145635
His own bandaged, cut up body feel just as coarse and toned, albeit lessened slightly by the bath taken at the hotel.
Iron soon pressed his own muzzle against her neck, gripping Cauldron just a little bit tighter both at the fact he was so close to her plus his emotional rollercoaster inside him urging him to not let go, lest he may lose her.
He felt so tempted to just whisper the three words in such a critical moment. Maybe try to connect his lips to hers in this instant in the offchance he may never feel them after this. Anything to tell her just how much she meant to him, but with his still wounded ego he couldn't really bring himself to do it.

All he could do now is to hug her, hoping she felt how much he cherished her company.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145638
145641
>>145637
She presses her muzzle firmly against his neck, holds him tight, and doesn’t let go.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145639
145640
>>145635
"Hmm. Disappointing, but okay. I will try again later."

Silver bids the bartender goodbye, and returns to the cab.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145640
145656
>>145639
Reality often is
Silver enters the cab

Paper clipping asks,
“Did you get the healing potions?”
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145641
145642
>>145638
Thus, Iron didn't let go either until her heart was satisfied with his own's love.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145642
145643
>>145641
She leans forward, letting more of her weight fall on him. He can feel the breathes on the back of his neck. She hasn’t let go yet.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145643
145644
>>145642
Iron soon leaned against her as well, supporting the extra weight with his own while he finally decides to slowly pass one of his forelegs up and down her crest.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145644
145645
>>145643
“Heh.”
This small giggle is the first sound Iron hears out of Black Cauldron, as she moves to sit down in front of Iron. The two no longer arch upwards, but instead she places her legs on him with no issue of balance.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145645
145646
>>145644
Feeling the vibrations, Iron soon followed suit while closing the distance further, to the point that their hindlegs' hooves were merely an inch away from touching.
This allowed his foreleg to cover a bit more ground, extending his reach up to just after her withers, soon letting out his own weak chuckle of his own.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145646
145647
>>145645
She moves in closer, pressing her chest against his, and moving her head and neck further past his. Her breathing is slightly heavier now, though only enough so that he can hear her.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145647
145648
>>145646
Iron's ears swiveled at the increased breathing behind his head, soon adding his other foreleg into the stroking just in case.
Am... am I making her cry? he whispered in his head.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145648
145649
>>145647
He doesn’t really get his answer. Not yet, anyways. The breathing slows down, and she moves less. Her mane is relatively short for a mare, and seems fairly well brushed snd manicured. The stroking, which captures both mane and coat, messes up the former slightly. She doesn’t seem to mind.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145649
145650
>>145648
This obviously leaves the native a bit confused as to what just happened when their chests collided... Wait, Iron muttered, starting to form a flimsy hypothesis, could this be it?
Just as he says that, he soon lightly rubs his own chest against hers as his forelegs decided to drape themselves along Cauldron's back.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145650
145651
>>145649
Iron doesn’t feel much when the chests touch. Indeed they barely touch at all, with Iron feeling the edge of the fur. But the feeling intensified when Iron presses into her, with the hide moving over the body beneath. She seems to pause, and take notice of this movement, shifting her forelegs.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145651
145652
>>145650
Uh oh, Iron uttered, now starting to feel a bit awkward, Did
I mess this up?

He didn't quite remove himself from her chest, yet he immediately stopped his rubbing completely, wondering what would happen next.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145652
145653
>>145651
She loosens her legs, pulls her head back, and sits almost upright. This places her head and muzzle directly in front of Iron, and she stares at him with her now glistening blue eyes.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145653
145654
>>145652
Iron's eyes widened a little when Cauldron's muzzle was directly pointed at his, blushing lightly at such an intimate encounter as he stared back with his own slightly jaded, tired and dirty brown eyes.
This... he whispered lovingly, lost in the sea of blue, with a glint of her father sailing in his prime, Is this happening?
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145654
145655
>>145653
She blinks, snd moves her right foreleg up, onto Iron’s cheek, caressing it.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145655
145657
>>145654
Iron soon reciprocated her own cheek caressing with his own, while the other softly wrapped around her crest as a loving smile crept up his lips.
Is this it? he gasped out in amazement, feeling himself so close to the point where his pride was overridden by his pure adoration of Black. Is she...
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145656
145657
>>145640
"She was not in today, unfortunately. But at least I helped you with one thing, today."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145657
145658 145659 145660
>>145497
>>145498
Waabishki continues to be concerned, and Maakade pets her. The Doctor starts to explain to her what the procedure is and what it does, and what things look like going forward. Petal and Pry Press move around, cleaning up from dinner, and bringing pillows downstairs.

>>145655
There's another something like a giggle, and Black Cauldron smiles at the press against her cheek. Their noses do not touch, but they hover close together.

>>145656
"Aww, well that's too bad. Still kind of hurts. But it's great to have a contact here already. You know, I didn't plan on coming here, but I feel that's alright."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145658
145661
>>145657
"Where did you plan on going to?"
Shimmering Spark
1f9642c
?
No.145659
145661
>>145657
Spark goes over to Waabishki.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145660
145661
>>145657
Iron decided that this is the moment: He took the first step into this tightrope of a situation, closing his snout a bit further at a snail's pace towards hers in daring attempt to have their snouts finally touch eachother,.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145661
145662 145664 145668
>>145658
"Petershoof. The original ship would have gone straight there, this one was supposed to have a stop in Baltimare."

>>145659
Her eyes are focused on the Doctor who continues speaking to her, while Makade has a leg over her, gently petting. She doesn't seem to even notice Spark.

>>145660
And... boop

Their noses are touching. It feels almost odd. She moves back ever so slightly but it doesn't break the contact. She is smiling, or seems to be. Hard to tell from this angle.
Shimmering Spark
1f9642c
?
No.145662
145663
>>145661
Spark listens into the doctor's conversation.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145663
145666
>>145662
"-once they've removed what they can, they apply concentrated magic to the infected areas to attempt to kill the malignant cells. This will need to be repeated roughly once every two weeks-"
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145664
145665
>>145661
Iron couldn't help but smile sheepishly as well, enjoying such intimate contact mixed in with the slight feeling he kinda messed it up.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145665
145667
>>145664
“Heh.”

She giggles again.
Shimmering Spark
1f9642c
?
No.145666
145669
>>145663
Spark doesn't want to interrupt, so he continues to listen.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145667
145669
>>145665
Iron stifled a chuckle of his own, scrunching up slightly as he does it before he barely opened his mouth. "Does.. this feel nice?" he tentatively asked Cauldron.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145668
145669
>>145661
"My old home city, hmm? I have heard it has been somewhat preserved through Soviets' control of city."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145669
145670 145677 145678
>>145668
"Preserved? Brought into the future is my understanding. New factories, meeting halls, apartments... But I can't say I've seen it. Not now, not then."

>>145666
"But what does this do?" Waabishki demands

"Well, it prolongs his forecast."

"But what does it do for him?"

>>145667
"Why don't you tell me?" She asks
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145670
145671
>>145669
"I think you like it," Iron whispered softly, gently rubbing his snout with hers just to send the message home.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145671
145672
>>145670
She moves back slightly,

“Heheh. And what if I do?” She asks
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145672
145673
>>145671
"It gives me ideas," Iron replied, his eyelids dropping the slightest bit in an attempt to set the mood "like dancing styles."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145673
145674
>>145672
“Oh really?” She asks with feigned skepticism
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145674
145675
>>145673
"Yes," Iron replied as his lips soon started to properly near hers, but not taking the plunge just yet "like a dance of hearts."
His eyelids have lidded at an appropriate height, soon staring into her blue pools of crystalline water. "You know it?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145675
145676
>>145674
“I think it’s better you show me.” She answers
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145676
145710
>>145675
Iron's blush intensified at her agreement as his eyes sparkled with excitement. "I shall," he soon whispered lovingly.
After such confident words, he finally turned his head to properly connect with Cauldron's lips and moved the last inch to finally connect herself with him through their mouths while closing his eyes.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145677
145679
>>145669
"Its history. St. Petershoof is important city to us. It was founded by Tsar Peter I as little more than military fort and expanded during his reign as Severyana's first Emperor, envisioned as city to rival Canterlot itself in its glory. He brought over best and brightest engineers and architects from all over world to make it modern and stylish for time, and he staffed his best artists and scientists in city so it could become center of Severyanan intelligencia. When I left there was great statue of Peter in market square, and as far as I know it still stands today."
Shimmering Spark
1f9642c
?
No.145678
145679
>>145669
Spark starts to worry about how Waabishki is going to take this news.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145679
145680 145681
>>145677
"They ought to have made a statue to many workers who died trying to turn a swamp into a 'glory to rival Canterlot'."

>>145678
Her voice raises, and there are some tears, but Makade and the Doctor's fairly soft tone seems to keep her in check.
Shimmering Spark
1f9642c
?
No.145680
145682
>>145679
Spark motions the doctor over for a question.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145681
145684
>>145679
"I am not saying it is good that workers died to build St. Petershoof, but to build it from almost nothing...entire city is practically dedicated to those workers. For all of his achievements, all Peter got was city name and statue."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145682
145683
>>145680
“Uh.. Just a moment.”

The Doctor stands up, and comes over to Spark.

“What is it?” he asks
Shimmering Spark
1f9642c
?
No.145683
145684
>>145682
Spark whispers.
"Did they mention how much it advanced?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145684
145685 145885
>>145681
“That’s right. But that’s not because of Peter’s magnanimity, that’s because the ponies claimed what they built.

>>145683
“It’s, it’s gotten pretty far. They only found it rather late.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145685
145686
>>145684
"Anyways, it is besides point. It is things like that Statue that make St. Petershoof and its history so important. Peter I was truly great leader. He led Severyana from series of squabling petty kingdoms into nation to rival Equestria, he championed science and the arts, and he passed many reforms to give greater rights to citizens and serfs."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145686
145687 145688
>>145685
“Well... History is a process, after all.” He says

“A better future is only built with great sacrifice. Maybe he was the best they could do at the time. And maybe he was necessary for the rise of the Stalliongrad we have today. All I can say is that I am very glad history didn’t have to end with him and his elitist cronies, who sometimes literally walked over the bones of those who died to make it possible.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145687
145688 145689
>>145686
"In my own opinion, I would say he did more good than Steel Stallion, though I know you would disagree."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145688
145689
>>145686
>>145687
In the meantime, Silver gives the cab driver directions for 2 Strong 4 You, so he doesn't have to sit there during their discussion."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145689
145690
>>145687
“What? Steel Stallion brought industry and land redistribution, and implemented what was at the time the very first socialist state.”

>>145688
It is so. The taxi is on its way
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145690
145691
>>145689
"And Peter I brought peace and prosperity to divided land, modernized nation, and passed many reforms which made lives of Severyanans better."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145691
145692
>>145690
“And didn’t Steel Stallion do all of that while finally ending the power of the landed aristocracy?”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145692
145693
>>145691
"I mean, I would argue he divided it further, but..."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145693
145694
>>145692
“It’s the dialectic process. History contains within it contradictions that must be acknowledged and come to to a head in dialectical conflict, where a thesis triumphs over its antithesis. Only then can it progress to the next stage. And that is what he did.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145694
145695
>>145693
"Hmm...I think I heard about dialectics from somepony else, recently."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145695
145697
>>145694
“Oh really? Who?”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145697
145698
>>145695
"Pear Faucet, hippologist and professor from Stableside who is here in Baltimare on archaeology work."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145698
145699
>>145697
“Oh, neat! You work with archeologists... or the universities?”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145699
145700
>>145698
"In my hayday it was not entirely uncommon for me to be asked to rescue old Equestrian artifacts and bring them to local universities to be studied and put on display, but it has been while. This was chance encounter when I returned to Catacombs after I had already completed my mission there."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145700
145701
>>145699
“Oh, that’s pretty neat. But like, do you do research for the universities or, help with other things”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145701
145702
>>145700
Silver chuckles.

"I am not nearly intelligent or educated enough to do that."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145702
145703
>>145701
“Well..... uh, that’s okay. That’s still kind of neat. What did she have to say about dialectics?”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145703
145704
>>145702
"Largely what you said, that when two opposing ideas are in conflict with each other one will destroy other, but will be changed as result. She used it in referrence to conflict between Equestria and Hegemony, I believe."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145704
145705
>>145703
“Hmmm... I suppose that’s one way to apply it. But that’s not how the latest philosophers would apply it. They see Equestria and the Hegemony as two imperialist powers that need to expand outwards to prevent themselves from collapsing inwards.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145705
145706
>>145704
"I think it has more to do with conflict between Harmony and Fascism."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145706
145707
>>145705
He shakes his head
“Capitalist aristocracy, and a more advanced and decayed form of capitalist aristocracy.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145707
145708
>>145706
"Or friendship versus supremacy."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145708
145709
>>145707
“Supremacy masquerading as friendship versus supremacy that’s dropped the facade.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145709
145711
>>145708
Silver tilts his head at Clip.

"What do you mean by first thing?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145710
145714
>>145676
Their lips meet. She opens hers to accept his. The room is incredibly silent in this moment, save for the sound of the air vents, the automobiles outside, and incredibly loudly meowing cat on the balcony of the apartment next door and... so it isn't very silent, but there's a definite sensation of the world coming to a stop at this moment... Of Iron's world coming to a stop at this moment.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145711
145712
>>145709
“Well, look at the elements of harmony and Princess Twilight. They claim to bring change to bring harmony, and in many ways they did. But they had no interest in finishing the job. They kept the monarchy intact, they actively affirmed the inequalities of the curie mark system, and did nothing economically. It’s a change in the right direction, but then they stop, because they don’t want to change too much.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
29bff06
?
No.145712
145713
>>145711
"Inequalities of cutie mark system? What, like Starlight Glimmer proposed?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145713
145789
>>145712
“Well, I wouldn’t go so far as to physically remove them, because there is no doubt that a pony with a cutie mark produces more than one without it. What she did right was to recognize that cutie marks do make a difference between ponies. Different levels of respect and prestige, different levels of pay, and just generally to divide ponies by what they do rather than to acknowledge what they have in common - that they are all creatures who toil for their needs abs the needs of others. And that fact isn’t really something that was addressed under the old system.”
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145714
145715
>>145710
Funnily enough, Iron was content with just this: Having done that first step and landed such a kiss was more than enough to make his heart soar inside his chest. His only prerogative now is to make time still for as long as he could, simply enjoying Cauldron's lips meeting his own for the time being.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145715
145716
>>145714
She moves a bit inward, increasing contact with Iron’s lips.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145716
145717
>>145715
Iron certainly didn't mind such increased contact as he continued to press his lips against hers, too engrossed in the feeling of both accomplishment and love he stewed in for so long.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145717
145718
>>145716
They are together for a period of time at once spanning to eternity, and lasting no time at all. She gently pulls back, and looks at Iron with a smile.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145718
145719
>>145717
Iron had a smile of his own as well, only far dumber, with his mouth still hanging open a bit to show just a bit of throat inside it. "Did you like it?" he uttered serenely, as if in a soothing trance.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145719
145720
>>145718
“Perhaps.” She says, batting her eyes.

“How about you?” She asks
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145720
145721
>>145719
"I loved it," Iron calmly murmured before giving Cauldron a little nuzzle on her cheek. "I might just keep at it all night."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145721
145722
>>145720
“Oh really now?” She says, still smiling, but raising an eyebrow
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145722
145724
>>145721
"You want me to try?" Iron suggestively replied as he slid his head up to toothlessly bite the tip of Cauldron's ear in a teasing manner.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145724
145725
>>145722
“Heheh,”
She pulls back gently, pulling her ear out of his mouth. It twitches and flops.

“I’m just skeptical, that’s all.” She says
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145725
145726
>>145724
Iron's passion ignited at the faintest hint of doubt, the previous ember in his eyes being fueled to a warm fire to stave off the coldness of the world. "Then I guess you want some proof," he playfully presumed further as he lined his snout in front of hers before swiftly leaning in for a more intense kiss.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145726
145727
>>145725
This takes her by surprise. Her eyes open widely, but her lips part to meet hers, and he can feel her lips press against his.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145727
145728
>>145726
This time around, Iron gently started to lean further forwards as his forelegs spread towards Cauldron's neck and back in order to start leading her towards the floor against her back.
All the while, he finally started to tentatively try to sneak in his tongue through her mouth, hoping to show her just how serious he was about his commitment for a smooching all-nighter plus make her feel good.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145728
145729
>>145727
She seems to make the word “woah,” though her breath simply flows out of her mouth and into his. Black Cauldron’s open lips and mouth are rather receptive, with her tounge rolled up and ready to receive his. She falls back into his legs.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145729
145730
>>145728
Thus, as Iron carefully lead her to the floor back as he got his hindlegs ready to properly stand on top of her, he finally touched Cauldron's tongue with his, starting up with some light pokes to rouse its attnetion for the dance to come.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145730
145731
>>145729
She looks up at him with a look of definite surprise.

“Could we... go to my bed, rather than the linoleum kitchen floor?”

She smiles awkwardly
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145731
145733
>>145730
Iron's eyes widened a bit as she pulled back, leaving his meddling tongue out in the open, awkwardly hanging from the native's mouth.
He soon recovered as Cauldron expressed such desire, giving her a confident nod before picking her up and placing her on his back for the small trek to her bedroom.
However, the grey stallion took a second to glance at Sands' way if the zebra didn't fully notice.
Amber Sunset
08c5a16
?
No.145732
145733 145734
Is Iron finally making it?

>>145560
"You're saying...I have to make a distraction?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145733
145737
>>145731
“Ooophmh!” Black Cauldron, who is not nearly as small and light as White Sands, is picked up and placed over Iron’s back, though she hangs over his sides. White Sands lays on the couch, observing the whole affair. She takes a sip of her tea while watching Iron and Black Cauldron go past.

>>145732
Hopefully. Don’t ginx it
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145734
145735
>>145732
“Kind of, or make use of our ‘friends’ in the political police.”
Amber Sunset
08c5a16
?
No.145735
145736
>>145734
"Hmmm, good idea. But I don't know how the political police act around ponies. Do you know them at all?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145736
145738
>>145735
“They are intrusive and their presence isn’t exactly wanted. Trust me you don’t want their attention on your affairs. But neither do these other officers.”
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145737
145739
>>145733
Seeing her sitting idly by when he was about to go wild on Cauldron, Iron tried his best to discreetly signal her to sneakily come along with a quick rise and fall of his eyebrows plus a little head lean.
I am not about to leave her alone, he reasoned to himself. It is my duty to keep all of the mares I have hooked up with happy!
Amber Sunset
08c5a16
?
No.145738
145739
>>145736
"Maybe if I started an argument with them...."
She thinks about this closely.
"Will that work?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145739
145740 145741
>>145738
“It would be better if the officers started an argument with them.”

>>145737
If she’s answering the call, it’s not until she’s out of view. Iron enters into the bedroom with its green sheeted bed, few pillows, and the ceiling fan that is partly on. Cauldron is laughing as she rides along.
Amber Sunset
08c5a16
?
No.145740
145742
>>145739
"I think I have an idea of how to do it. Where are they now?"
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145741
145742
>>145739
Let us hope she at least received it, Iron thought to himself before focusing back on the pressing matter at hoof.
He soon stopped next to the bed before leaning into it a bit to place Cauldron on it in the most efficient and comfortable manner possible.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145742
145743 145746
>>145740
“The evidence room. But not the one mare. She’s by the entryway, in the receptionist’s office. That’s where I need to be.”

>>145741
It looks like Cauldron can be rolled over onto her back or belly on the bed, laying in almost any direction
Amber Sunset
08c5a16
?
No.145743
145744
>>145742
"Oh, good. I'd best go there now."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145744
145745
>>145743
He nods

“Yes. Before they move.”
Amber Sunset
08c5a16
?
No.145745
145747
>>145744
Amber looks out of the room before hurrying downstairs.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145746
145747 145753
>>145742
Iron decided to roll her on her belly, the top of her head directly in front of where the pillows were, before soon climbing up the bed himself, once again standing on top of her. "Now," he uttered, wrapping his forelegs around her crest "where were we..."
After such words, he soon leaned on to properly continue the passionate kiss, eager to make this night a good one.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145747
145748 145749
>>145745
Uh... is she leaving the entire detective’s section?

>>145746
She tries to turn her head around and up to him, giving him a sky look.
Amber Sunset
08c5a16
?
No.145748
145750
>>145747
Yes, she's headed for the receptionist area downstairs.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145749
145750
>>145747
Little oopsie: Meant to type Cauldron's on her back. Continue kissing while on top of her when her head is facing away from him is really tough.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145750
145751 145752
>>145748
He meant the area in the detective's offices, and specifically the mare who first greeted Amber when she entered there. I think she was previously named as "Rose."

>>145749
Yeah, placing her on her belly doesn't really suggest kissing as the intention
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145751
145753
>>145750
I suggest rewriting the reply to reflect this, or perhaps I can delet the post and rewrite it. What do you think?
Amber Sunset
08c5a16
?
No.145752
145753
>>145750
Wait, is that on the second floor? I'm confused.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145753
145754 145756
>>145752
The entry way where they came in. The area where Stalwart and Swift Soul were arguing for several minutes. right over to the right is a little office with a counter that a receptionist may stay at, accessible by a door on the hallway that branches out right from the entrance

>>145751
I'll rewrite

>>145746
She aims her muzzle upwards, looking at him with her blue eyes. She curls her hooves down, and he can see her white belly, and more if he dared, besides her mane, which though short, spreads over a part of the bed.
Amber Sunset
08c5a16
?
No.145754
145755
>>145753
Amber quickly trots to that place then.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145755
145757
>>145754
The mare anxiously looks around the hall, and notices Amber as she approaches. She has a pencil in her mouth, and seems to have been at least nominally writing on some sheet.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145756
145758
>>145753
ThumbsUp

Iron just couldn't help but stare at her blue eyes as leaned himself enough for their lips to be an inch away from touching with a coy smile. "You want more?" he slyly asked.
Amber Sunset
08c5a16
?
No.145757
145758
>>145755
"Um, excuse me, I have a question." She clears her throat and asks, perhaps more loudly than necessary, "If the political police are in charge of the investigation now, won't all the evidence and information go to them now?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145758
145759 145760
>>145756
"I want to know what you want." She says, in a tone that is surprisingly frank, and is matches by a similarly serious expression as she stares into his eyes.

>>145757
"Yes." She says with annoyance, though probably more at the answer itself than at Amber's having asked the question.
Amber Sunset
08c5a16
?
No.145759
145761
>>145758
"That's a shame...except, if they're being brought in, they probably will solve the case faster. Ain't it that the higher up you go, the better and more qualified ponies are? I'd imagine that's how it works."
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145760
145761
>>145758
Iron's eyes widened slightly, janked off of his flirty persona to his usual self as he blinked slightly. Despite this, his heart knew what he wanted with her. "I want to see you succeed," he declared far more sternly than his playful charade a few seconds ago. " To help you vanquish your hardships and lift you to great heights you have always dreamt of."
One of his foreleg soon slides to land next to her cheek. "But most importantly," he concluded with determined stare "I want you to be happy, just like you have done for me."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145761
145762 145764
>>145759
She moves her head up, and stares directly at Amber

>>145760
"You know that isn't what I mean." She answers
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145762
145763
>>145761
Iron's thought process stopped, pouting lightly as if at a loss for words. "Then what do you mean?" he asked, puzzled.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145763
145766
>>145762
She again stops speaking, laying there on her back in her bed
Amber Sunset
08c5a16
?
No.145764
145765
>>145761
"I didn't say anything wrong, did I? Maybe it's the opposite. Maybe they're worse than the regular detectives but got brought on for other reasons. What do you think?" She frowns slightly.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145765
145767
>>145764
"I think they should stay in their own alleged business and stay out of ours. We don't need another Manehattan crackdown on our hooves."
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145766
145768
>>145763
Iron is starting to sink into the well of awkward, blinking softly as tried to figure out what Cauldron's question even means. "I want you?" he tentatively offered, trying his best to understand the inquiry.
Amber Sunset
08c5a16
?
No.145767
145768
>>145765
"I guess you're right...but I heard a lot of ponies got hurt. Wouldn't it be better to solve the case as quickly as possible? I don't know who the better ponies would be for that..."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145768
145769 145770
>>145766
"Do you?" She asks

>>145767
"What are you suggesting?" She says with some irritation
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145769
145771
>>145768
Thinking he was starting to grasp what Cauldron meant, Iron soon nodded. "I do," he said, determination starting to return to his features.
Amber Sunset
08c5a16
?
No.145770
145771
>>145768
"Maybe it would be better to work together on it? I don't know why ponies get so obsessed over 'turf.' Is it really that important?"
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145771
145772 145773
>>145770
"Turf? It's about the independence of Baltimare and it's democratically elected government. That is our turf. If they want to allege a grand conspiracy... well then.... it won't end well."
She starts angry, but ends more afraid.

>>145769
"Then show me." She says
Amber Sunset
08c5a16
?
No.145772
145774
>>145771
"Oh, I can get behind that...but what if there is a conspiracy? Stranger things have happened."
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145773
145774
>>145771
After such a curveball of a test, Iron seemed to have lost himself in a pond full of possible answers with flimsy logical connections in his head: Keep kissing? Go lower? Win the war he started? Quit risking his life? Meet his father? Try for a foal?
As he kept pondering what would work best to prove it, a foreleg slowly slid down from her cheek, wading through her coarse coat hairs along her neck and into the jungle of chest fluff, intent on going even further.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145774
145775 145776
>>145772
"That's... that's worse. That will just embolden them. Or even frighten them."

>>145773
Her eyes widen, and she looks down at the travelling hoof.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145775
145777
>>145774
Seeing Cauldron's surprised expression soon snapped him back to properly pay attention to her, yet he slowed his descent along her body, taking his time to tread the lands of the belly, wondering if he was going further than she expected.
I am sure she will tell me to stop if this was uncomfortable, Iron reassured himself to keep himself determined to prove him he wanted her.
Amber Sunset
08c5a16
?
No.145776
145777
>>145774
"Embolden who, exactly? Amber started out trying to provoke an argument, but is slowly becoming intrigued by what she's learning.
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145777
145778 145779
>>145776
"The occupation government." She says

>>145775
She raises her head up and looks down, carefully watching the movement of the hoof. But then she lets her head fall backwards, though uneasy onto the pillow.

Iron can feel her soft belly, which has much give, and is perhaps the only part of her body to be completely white in color.
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145778
145780
>>145777
Seeing her a bit uncomfortable, his hoof slowed even further, now in-between where her teats should be. "Are you scared?" he bluntly asked her, still staring at her with a mix of wanting yet worried eyes.
Amber Sunset
08c5a16
?
No.145779
145780
>>145777
"I suppose so. It's perfectly reasonable to want to hold onto your jobs, so I don't blame you for raising concern about this."
Anonymous
10ca8cc
?
No.145780
145781 145782
>>145778
She moves her head up to look at Iron
"No.. Why would I be scared?" She answers, not wholly convincvingly

Iron sees the pair of teats, small and black in color, there at the bottom of her belly.

>>145779
"It could be.. worse than that...But yes." She says, anxiously
Amber Sunset
08c5a16
?
No.145781
145783
>>145780
Where are those officers? I don't think I'm doing a good enough job.
"So...um, whom should ponies with information turn to? It's all so confusing."
Anonymous
369a98e
?
No.145782