/vx/ - Videogames and Paranormal


If you want to see the latest posts from all boards in a convenient way please check out /overboard/
Note: JS is reccomended to be able to post effortlessly, but I am working on a system where that won't be needed.

Name
Email
Subject
By clicking New Reply, I acknowledge the existence of the Israeli nuclear arsenal.
Comment
0
Select File / Oekaki
File(s)
Password (For file and/or post deletion.)

6059625.png
Occupied Equestria - Vale of Tears
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141000
141002
Continuing
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141002
141005
>>141000
>>141001 →
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141005
141006
>>141002
>>141001 →
A letter opener, a stapler, a couple pens.... can paperclips be used as weapons? What about this rock? Looks like someone took an orange sandstone and turned it into a paperweight or something. It's actually a pretty neat rock though
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141006
141007
>>141005
Silver definitely takes the letter opener, stapler, and pens. He decides that the rock can stay since it's pretty neat, and he'd honestly be impressed if he managed to turn the paper clips into a usable weapon. He turns to the changeling, motions down with a hoof.

"Stay here, okay? We will get pony who can speak your language soon, so we can communicate."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141007
141008
6060484.png
>>141006
The creature sits, but says nothing back to Silver
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141008
141009
>>141007
"Thank you."

With that, Silver and Sleetfall leave the room, locking it as nessecary. He goes to report to Lieutenant Brisbuck after.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141009
141010
>>141008
Brisbuck comes to Silver Sword

"Sergeant? Report."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141010
141011
>>141009
He salutes his Lieutenant.

"Sir. Telephone Office is clear of hostiles. All changeling defenders have been killed save one drone who willingly came back with us as prisoner. He does not speak Ponish, but we have him locked up in office. We took some casualties in process, though. One dead, unknown number of wounded. Squad C's Sergeant took shrapnel from bad grenade, and requests alternate NCO and medic."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141011
141012
>>141010
"We're up to 10% casualties and we haven't even made it to the frontline..." He remarks, almost under his breath.

"Good work Silver Sword. Our medic is busy, but add the wounded to the list so he may prioritize. We'll send over a corporal from A squad, or the sergeant if necessary. With Amber Grain and the Sergeant of B squad taking hits, it looks like the rumors of officers taking higher casualties are true in our case as well."

Then he adds
"Why do you have a drone?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141012
141014
>>141011
"If I may, Sir, once we get pony who can translate for us, we may be able to get him to tell us where any cocooned ponies are, if he knows."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141014
141015
>>141012
"I see... We should find one then. But in any event we must secure this town. Nightfall will be coming soon, and we are at a critical transportation point."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141015
141016
>>141014
"Agreed. But if I may, Sir...I am unsure I am fit to lead troops into battle at the moment. I got hit twice by changeling SMG at point blank in chest, and I think it may have reached my tolerance for bullets."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141016
141017
>>141015
"Well, see the medic, and we'll look for anypony who can speak the bug's language."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141017
141018
>>141016
"That...would be wise. Where is he?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141018
141019
>>141017
"Over in the dining hall" he answers
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141019
141020
>>141018
He nods, and heads immediately in that direction.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141020
141021
>>141019
Silver enters the dining hall to see a tired looking Firm Heart above perhaps five ponies lying on their backs in sleeping bags or on blankets. He is working with an I to insert plasma into one of them, it seems.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141021
141022
>>141020
"Firm Heart!"

Despite the current state of his body and the lack of blood therein, Silver can't help but be elated at the sight of Firm Heart up and moving around.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141022
141023
>>141021
Slowly, Firm Heart turns and looks back to Silver. His eyes look tired, and he wears a frown. He turns back towards the patient he is dealing with, trying to keep the bag of plasma elevated.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141023
141024
>>141022
"I, uh...I will not distract you, then."

Silver finds a place to sit in the room, and sits down.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141024
141025
>>141023
Firm Heart places the bag up, and turns back to Silver
“Yes, Sergeant Sword?” He speaks slowly.
“You need medical attention too, don’t you?”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141025
141026
>>141024
"Erm..."

The unicorn looks down at the array of bullet wounds adorning his person.

"...yes, unfortunately."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141026
141027
>>141025
“Alright.”
He walks up slowly, and uses his magic to move around a flashlight, and some other device.

“Let’s see here...two woulds from I think rifles, three pistol shots, a grazing wound from another bullet, some shrapnel, explosive burns... how are you still alive? You need plasma, preferably blood, and you have three, I think, bullets still in you, plus I don’t know how much shrapnel. Here, swallow this.” He uses magic to hover over an pill. “It will help keep your digestive system from becoming infected if your intestines are pierced. Now let me get you some morphine, and some tonic.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141027
141028
>>141026
Silver swallows the pill as he is told, like a good patient.

"I am glad to see you are alright. I am sorry for putting you through such danger earlier."
Anonymous
d45408b
?
No.141028
141029
>>141027
“Some how I don’t think I was in more danger than most” he says. His tone isn’t sarcastic, but almost matter of fact, not that he has inflected much emotion since Silver met him after the incident. He starts to inject an IV.

“Okay, let me add some plasma to you. We may want a blood donor if we can find one.”

He goes through the process of setting this up, then pulls a syringe, which he injects into the plasma
“And here is some morphine to deal with the pain. I’ll give you a magical tonic to help with healing and hopefully internal bleeding, and I’ll remove the bullets inside you, then patch you up. But you will probably need something more intensive after today.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141029
141030
>>141028
"Ahh...another day, another near death experience..."

He scratches an itch near where the IV is, as the morphine takes effect and starts numbing the area first.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141030
141031
>>141029
Silver does feel the pain go down, and feels some areas becoming numb.

“Alright... now let’s try to remove some of these bullets.”
Firm Heart uses a scalpel and a small metal pick to try to insert into his wounds to help pull out foreign objects, though magic does most of the work. His horn remains lit bright yellow as he works, focused on his work. The first is near his shoulder.
“Alright, let’s get this one out.”
The second is around his right flank and thigh. He uses a localized shot of morphine to help. He has trouble, and has to try twice. Silver bleeds much more during this process, but at least the plasma and some dried blood is being injected into Silver. The third is around his belly.

This whole process is not complete before a private comes in pushing another private.
“Sergeant Sword, we found somepony who speaks Roach.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141031
141032
>>141030
Silver turns his head towards the private.

"Ah, good! Give me minute while Firm Heart finishes patching me up."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141032
141033
>>141031
Firm Heart:
“This... could take a little while longer.”
He starts to pull out the last bullet.

The private says
“Alright. I’ll leave him here with you.”
The other private is pushed forward, and stands there
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141033
141034
>>141032
"Ngh! So...you can speak Changeling?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141034
141035
>>141033
The private sits down. He is a daffodil colored earth pony in a private’s uniform, who wears a helmet, and is holding onto a carbine despite being indoors. Not quite holding, but hugging it.

“Yes.” He answers simply

Firm Heart continues
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141035
141036
>>141034
"Goodm. Think you can help me?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141036
141037
>>141035
“Um... maybe.”

He looks a little familiar, but Silver can’t quite place him. And... there’s a sharp pain

Firm Heart:
“Got it!”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141037
141038
>>141036
Silver sucks his teeth at the pain, but it goes away soon enough.

"Ugh...hey, where do I remember you from?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141038
141039
>>141037
“Uh.... the town hall....”

His uniform and markings suggest a hygienics equipment supply specialist, or something like that. He is from the 332nd.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141039
141040
>>141038
"Oh! Right, you were one of supply specialists we found when we stormed Town Hall. Sorry about that, again."

He turns to Firm Heart.

"So, Doc, are you finished, or do you have more to do?"
Anonymous
d45408b
?
No.141040
141041
>>141039
“Wait... let me stitch this... and add a little bit of magic to aid healing.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141041
141042
>>141040
"Sure thing, Doc."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141042
141043
>>141041
Firm heart applies stitches, tries to remove shrapnel, and has Silver drink some kind of potion, before applying bandages.

“Alright” Firm Heart says. “Not as good as you could be, but as good as it gets right now.” He says, finished in his work
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141043
141044
>>141042
Silver nods.

"I feel much better already."

He motions for the private to follow him.

"Come on, let us see if we can not communicate with drone."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141044
141045
>>141043
The private stands up, and follows Silver. He says nothing

[1d4 = 2]
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141045
141046
>>141044
Silver leads him to the office, unlocking it and going first into the room.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141046
141047
>>141045
Silver sees the drone crouched up against a desk in the back of the room, beneath a very high and cracked window. There is some blue blood on the wall, and the rock sits on the desk. The drone looks back at Silver
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141047
141048
>>141046
Silver looks at the changeling, then the blood, then the cracked window, then back at the changeling. With a deadpan expression he asks,

"Did you try to escape and fail to?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141048
141049
>>141047
The changeling drone blinks, with eye lids that close diagonally across the eyes. Its bandages look to be moved or falling out of place, and it sits down, again holding its wound.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141049
141050
>>141048
Silver looks to the private with him.

"Can you ask him if he speaks?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141050
141051
>>141049
The private looks over to the drone, and speaks a sentence. This prompts a response, and then something inflected as a question. Then a series of questions and back and forth goes on between the drone and the private. The drone seems to have an angry inflection, and the private more nervous, though the latter speaks the language surprisingly well. After a back and forth exchange lasting perhaps 40 seconds, the private says to Silver

"He says 'yes.'"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141051
141052
>>141050
Silver raises an eyebrow at the private.

"I get feeling he said more than 'yes'."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141052
141053
>>141051
"Um, well... well he speaks. So yes."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141053
141054
>>141052
"I get feeling he is upset, and rightfully so. What did he say?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141054
141055
>>141053
"He's... He's concerned about his captivity. You know... what you are going to do to him, and any other drones you may capture..."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141055
141056
>>141054
"Alright. Can you continue to translate for me as I try to answer his concerns?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141056
141057
>>141055
He nods, then looks back to the drone, who stares at the private
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141057
141058
>>141056
Silver sits down in front of the drone, and begins to speak.

"I know you are angry and afraid, and you have every right to be. I am not certain if you could understand my Ponish earlier, but I promised I would not hurt you, and I intend to keep that promise. I hope we will only have you captive shortly. Long enough to patch you up and for you to help us out. As for your kin, I do not know how many will choose to come peacefully as you did. I know leader of Infiltrators here, one who replaced Captain Forrester, is or will be taken captain, but that is all I know for certain."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141058
141059
>>141057
The private begins to translate Silver's words, speaking slowly. When he is done, he asks:
"There are no others?"
The private seems to ask this himself, as there is no statement from the drone to be translated
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141059
141060
>>141058
Silver looks at the private, and shakes his head.

"I have tried many times to give same deal to them I am giving this drone now. Every time until now, they have decided to resist and attack rather than give up, be it them pulling gun or trying to use grenades."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141060
141061
>>141059
The private looks at Silver with his golden eyes, before turning his head to the drone, and presumably relating what Silver just said. Then the drone speaks, and the private says

"What about love?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141061
141062
>>141060
Silver winces a bit.

"That...is more difficult prospect. I can not ask my own soldiers to let you feed off of them, but I know you need it to survive. I will find solution very soon, but for know I am uncertain."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141062
141063
>>141061
The creature says something, then the private relays
"Then we will starve to death, slowly"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141063
141064
>>141062
"That is something I would like to avoid. As I said, I shall come up with solution shortly."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141064
141065
>>141063
The private turns to the drone and speaks. The drone sits down.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141065
141066
>>141064
"What I would like to talk with you about is how we can let you return home, however. If you are interested."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141066
141067
>>141065
The private relates this, raising the pitch of his voice towards the end. The drone stands back up, and says speaks with more enthusiasm

"He says he is interested."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141067
141068
>>141066
Silver smiles at the drone, and nods.

"You and other changelings were impersonating ponies, ponies who are most likely cocooned somewhere only you and other changelings know. Help us find them, any of them, and you will have earned your freedom. Life, for life."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141068
141069
>>141067
The private relates this to the drone. The drone's response is short, only a few words.

"He says he will do it."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141069
141070
>>141068
Silver gives a firm nod.

"One thing to note, we already found cocooned ponies in Whinnyton church, so I am afraid that will not count."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141070
141071
>>141069
The private relates that, there are more words, and the private says:

"What became of the second squad that was defending south town?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141071
141072
>>141070
"Squad defending Whinnyton Church was wiped out, but they put up impressive fight. There are still changelings defending Grain Elevator."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141072
141073
>>141071
The private himself takes a moment to process this information, and then relays it to the drone, whose mouth starts to open. The drone makes some kind of remark, but it is not relayed.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141073
141074
>>141072
Silver lowers his head to the changeling.

"I am sorry, son."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141074
141075
>>141073
The private pauses for a moment, and then speaks to the drone. There is no visible reaction from the drone. Only silence
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141075
141076
>>141074
"Do you need minute?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141076
141077
>>141075
"Nein"

"No."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141077
141078
>>141076
Silver nods, then points to his bandages.

"Am I safe in assuming you need medical assistance?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141078
141079
>>141077
The private relays this, then the creature speaks back, then another set of words by the private and another relay.

"Yes. He says he is shot in the thorax."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141079
141080
>>141078
"Alright. I will go to our medical officer, and see what we can not do to help you."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141080
141081
>>141079
The private relays this, and the creature replies. The private's translation is much shorter

"He says alright."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141081
141082
>>141080
Silver nods, and leaves the room with the private, once again locking it behind him. He goes over to Firm Heart in the dining area.

"How would you feel about operating on changeling?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141082
141083
>>141081
He looks upwards towards Silver, and blinks
"Like, dissecting one? Are you trying to remove their magic sacks, or something?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141083
141084
>>141082
"Erm...I meant more like pulling bullet out of one."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141084
141085
>>141083
"What"
He answers, almost plainly
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141085
141086
>>141084
"We captured injured changeling drone, and he has agreed to help us find cocooned ponies. It will be hard for him to do so while he has bullet in his thorax and is trying to avoid bleeding out."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141086
141087
>>141085
"Is it sedated?" He asks
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141087
141088
>>141086
"Not at moment. Any suggestions on what to use?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141088
141089
>>141087
"Well, I'm not sure. Perhaps we could try a pony sedative, but it could fail, and it could keep him out for a while."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141089
141090
>>141088
"Hmm...well, I will have to tell him. Should we bring him to you, if he agrees to be sedated?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141090
141091
>>141089
"You can... I'm not sure he should be out in the open here."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141091
141092
>>141090
"Unless you thought it would be better for you to come along."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141092
141093
>>141091
"I suppose I should..."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141093
141094
>>141092
"...but you do not want to because you do not want to get changeling bit again."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141094
141095
>>141093
"... Yes."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141095
141096
>>141094
"That is reason why I came to ask what your thoughts would be."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141096
141097
>>141095
"I don't know the anatomy of Changelings." He says
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141097
141098
>>141096
"Neither do I. If you do not feel comfortable doing it, then I shall do it myself."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141098
141099
>>141097
"Uh... Okay. Goodluck!"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141099
141100
>>141098
Silver nods.

"Alright. I will need to borrow some of your tools, however."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141100
141101
>>141099
"Well, here. These have been sterilized on a grill we found."
It's a scalpel and a small pick.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141101
141103
>>141100
Silver takes them.

"Thank you. I do not suppose we have any bandages to spare as well, along with painkiller?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141103
141104
>>141101
"Bandages, yes. You can try opium, but I can't promise how that will affect it. Maybe smoke like you do with bees? I don't know. Your real problem is blood. Unless you want to take it from one of those dead things, I don't know how to get it, and even that may be difficult."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141104
141105
>>141103
"Hmm...any suggestion for that?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141105
141106
>>141104
"Not really. Not right now, at least."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141106
141107
>>141105
"What about sticking drip into changeling corpse?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141107
141108
>>141106
"Well, if they are dead, there is no circulation. And there may be compatibility issues between blood types like in ponies. So I don't know. Maybe if you hung one up and tried to drain it."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141108
141109
>>141107
"That is...bit macabre."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141109
141110
>>141108
"I don't know how else to do it if you don't have a live changeling."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141110
141111
>>141109
Silver grimmaces.

"Well...do you think I could procede without giving him blood transfusion?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141111
141112
Spoilered
>>141110
"I don't think there is much of an alternative, at least for now. You won't have much room for error."

Best Pony quads
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141112
141113
>>141111
Yay!

Silver lets out a sigh of relief.

"Thank Celestia...wish me luck."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141113
141114
>>141112
Silver returns to the room to find the drone evidently speaking to the private, though they both become silent and turn towards Silver as he enters the room.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141114
141115
>>141113
Silver looks between the two with an eyebriw raised in curiosity.

"What were you talking about?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141115
141116
>>141114
"Uh... you know.... conversation." He answers
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141116
141117
>>141115
Silver is silent for a moment, before shruging it off. He trots over to the two with his medical supplies.

"Our medical officer was changeling bitten earlier, and is hesitant to come himself. However, I have enough medical experience that with his tools I should be more than capable of removing bullet and patching you up."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141117
141118
>>141116
The private turns back to the drone, and relates the information. Then an answer that is relayed to Silver

"Okay"

Roll for heal
2847c37
?
No.141118
141119
[1d20+5 = 13]
>>141117
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141119
141120
>>141118
Silver does not feel he has a grip on the object
2847c37
?
No.141120
141121
[1d20+5 = 14]
>>141119
Heal: Silver tries again to remove the bullet.

"Come on..."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141121
141122
>>141120
Not yet.
2847c37
?
No.141122
141123
[1d20+5 = 14]
>>141121
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141123
141124
>>141122
Just a little more
2847c37
?
No.141124
141125
[1d20+5 = 25]
>>141123
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141125
141126
>>141124
Success! Silver pulls it out, feeling his way between organs and causing limited blood flow
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141126
141127
>>141125
With the bullet out, Silver patches the changeling up.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141127
141128
>>141126
This last part is fairly easy by comparison, simply blocking the entry. Still, it seems like there is a piercing in its exoskeleton that is a weak point.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141128
141129
>>141127
"Hmm...take it easy, right there. You do not want to agitate wound."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141129
141130
>>141128
The private relates Silver's words, and the creature nods.

First aid complete
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141130
141131
>>141129
"Alright. Are you ready?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141131
141132
>>141130
The private relates, and he nods
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141132
141134
>>141131
Silver leaves with the private and the changeling, the two ponies escorting the changeling so nopony messes with him. Once outside, Silver asks of the changeling,

"Where can we find cocooned ponies?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141133
[1d5 = 2]

[1d5 = 4]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141134
141135
>>141132
The private relates the question, and the drone speaks. Then the private relates:

"When we took them from their homes and their inns, we pooled them into several locations to keep them together and away from the curious. The townsponies who did not leave we placed in a church you found, a school, and in a few in homes further from the center. Your 'military' ponies we placed in the courthouse house basement, and some sort of dairy processing place."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141135
141136
>>141134
Silver nods, and looks at the nearby courthouse.

"Show us."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141136
141138
>>141135
Silver and the drone exit the room, with the private behind. As they do so, it attracts looks from other ponies who seem distrustful of the drone.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141138
141139
>>141136
Silver looks at the ponies as they exit the room.

"Stand down, ponies, he is with us."

As they go to leave the building, Silver turns his head and asks the changeling a question.

"I will admit, I am surprised you were so forthcoming with information. I am very glad if it turns out to be true, just surprised. Do you mind if I ask why?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141139
141140 141144
>>141138
Through the private:

"My squad mates are dead, all of them. Many of my brothers are dead. I am alone and facing death in a foreign and hostile land. Chrysalis and the Hives do not need these cocooned ponies. Nor will it affect my brothers still fighting. Let it be over with."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141140
141141
>>141139
Silver nods sadly, being able to empathize with the changeling.

"I am sorry for your loss. I just want to see these cocoons myself, then you are free to go and get away from all of this death."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141141
141142
>>141140
"Wait what?"
As the drone has said nothing, this comes from the private. The private relates the message never the less

The private translates:
"He is.... skeptical?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141142
141143
>>141141
"That, I can understand. I would ask you to trust me, just as I am trusting you. I have not tried to mislead you yet."

He looks to the private to address him.

"What is wrong?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141143
>>141142
"You are just going to let him go back to the line?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141144
141145
>>141139
"Even if I wanted to take him prisoner, we do not have resources to keep him for any extended period of time. And just as it will not affect Hives or his brothers fighting if we retake these cocooned ponies, letting this one drone go back home will not affect Equestria or our ponies fighting."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141145
141146
>>141144
The private is silent a moment, and then relays the information to the drone. The latter nods quickly and sharply

"Danke."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141146
141147
>>141145
Silver, the drone, and the private continue to move towards the courthouse and it's basement.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141147
141148
>>141146
The Misfortune County Courthouse is not the fanciest government building Silver has seen in his life. Still, with two and a half floors, bright red brick walls, a dome, Doric columns by the entry way, and marble around portions of the entryway, it's fancier than most structures in this high desert.

Between the town hall and the courthouse is a small area of open grass not more than forty feet across that is a sort of public area. Still, it's decorated with a metal statue - admittedly not life size - of a covered wagon and an earth pony before it on the far left. In the center is the flag pole with the alicorn flag and the green white and blue flag. On the far right is a statue of a pegasus holding what seems to be either a musket or a single shot gun, along with engraved granite stones. Must be some kind of war memorial.

Going past these, the flight of stone steps leading up to the courthouse doors is perhaps as high as eight or nine feet. Entering through the brass-framed doors, Silver sees himself inside a kind of landing with doors on the far side, a tile covered hallway leading left and right, and to the sides, wooden stairs leading up and down.

Door the stairs there is only a much smaller hallway to the county clerk's office, the county treasurer, and the records room.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141148
141149
>>141147
Silver takes the stairs down.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141149
141150
>>141148
The private says, "to the left."

There is a wooden door here that is broken open, which leads into a front office, and then through there to a room in the back. It is row of shelves and some number of filing cabinets, with walls that have windows along the top. But it's what's between the shelves that Silver is interested in:

Thin cocoooned ponies. Some of these are transparent, some white, and some have a blacker shade. In most, he can see at least some of the details of the creatures underneath. Most are male. Most are stripped of all clothing. The few that don't wear Equestrian Army uniforms. Their appearances vary from near fetal positions with closed eyes, to crossed limbs like they are in coffins, to less elegant, generally death-like poses. Some have eyes opened like inglorious dead, and some are closed. There are maybe 30 or so in this room, though it's hard to tell with not all of the room visible at once. The cocoons prevent Silver from moving through.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141150
141151
>>141149
"Sweet Celestia...you were not lying one bit..."

He turns to the drone, looking almost astonished.

"How did you replace all of them in such small time frame? As far as I know, your operation only started between last night and this morning."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141151
141152
>>141150
The private speaks to the drone, who says some things back. The drone's response seems almost short compared to the response

"A cattle trail took us through the front. We found a truck heading through the valley and pretended to be lost soldiers whose truck breakdown. We replaced the driver, and hid the vanguard in the truck. The vanguard entered the town and replaced key communication personnel and officers. We tried to drug the food, but the group was too large so we instead waited until night. We made a point of replacing the sentries and guards before nightfall. That is when the rest of us came. We took most of the personnel while they were sleeping, going room by room. Then we took the townsponies, going house by house. Most were gone, but many were here. This took all night. Not all of the ponies were taken. Some, like truck drivers, were left alone because they would not notice. Some of the ponies were awake and fought back. We explained the sound of gunshots to those left behind as soldiers spooked by coyotes in the night. Some became wise; we took them too. There were more ponies here than there were of us. We only replaced those whose absence would be noticed first."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141152
141153
>>141151
"Huh...methodical. I would be impressed, if it were not so scary how close my platoon could have come to suffering same fate. It is good thing we did not accept your offer to provide food."

Silver looks back at the cocoons, then again at the drone.

"One more question, if you do not mind. Did your group know we were coming at all, when my platoon marched into Vale?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141153
141154
>>141152
"We knew that combat troops could be sent as reinforcements or replacements, along with supplies. We did not know that your specific platoon was coming through, or that it would stay."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141154
141155
>>141153
"That would explain your commander's insistence we leave for front line as soon as possible, besides that our presense would jeapordize your mission to cut Frontline off from Command..."

He scratches his muzzle in thought.

"I do apologize, but there is one, final question that I would like to ask, before you go. I noticed one of my ponies disappeared while we were preparing to confront your commander. Was he disguised changeling going to alert your unit that we were onto you? Were you prepared for confrontation before shots were first fired, or did it catch you off guard?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141155
141156
>>141154
"That pony strayed from his unit and was replaced. He was in an attachment, and Ponies in attachments tend to be less well known by other members of the unit. He left when there seemed to be some kind of inspection for changelings, and he told us. We did not know if you were suspicious, if this was part of general paranoia, or if it was a real eye exam.

Confrontations are always possible, so some troops were set up around the town hall. My unit was positioned to defend the telephone office after the town hall fell."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141156
141157
>>141155
"You would not happen to know where he ended up, exactly? We already found our radio operator, whom had also been replaced."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141157
141158
>>141156
"Most likely in a house on the other side of the river" He said

"I think that is where they found him."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141158
141159
>>141157
Silver smiles brightly, and even offers the drone a hoofshake.

"Thank you. I would say you have more than upheld your side of bargain, now I will uphold mine. Life, for life."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141159
141160
>>141158
The drone backs away slight, and the private translates. The drone speaks

"I may go now?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141160
141161
>>141159
Silver nods. He still offers the hoofshake, if the drone so desires to except it. That is, if changelings are familiar with the act.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141161
141162
>>141160
The creature looks down at the hoof for a moment, and looks away.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141162
141163
>>141161
Silver just shrugs, and retracts the hoof. He asks of the changeling, before he leaves.

"What will you do?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141163
141164
>>141162
"Do you want me to tell of how my unit was destroyed? Is that what you want?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141164
141165
>>141163
Silver is a little taken aback by the changeling's statement.

"No, just...wondering what you will do now. If you would rather not, you do not have to say anything."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141165
141166
>>141164
Through the private:
"I cannot do anything other than find other changelings"
He says
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141166
141167
>>141165
"Then I wish you luck."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141167
141168
>>141166
With that, the drone goes outside, or tries to, leaving Silver
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141168
141169
>>141167
Silver lets him go, then turns to the private.

"Let us go tell Lieutenant what we have learned about where cocooned ponies are."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141169
141170
>>141168
"Um... yes sir."

He turns around to head out
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141170
141171
>>141169
Silver looks back at the cocooned ponies one more time, before going to join him.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141171
141172
>>141170
They lay there. Whether these cocoons continuous drain the life essence out of their captives like the sap tap of a maple tree is not known to Silver.

Silver goes with the private back towards Brisbuck, whom he finds in the main hall.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141172
141173
>>141171
"We found captured 332nd ponies!"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141173
141174
>>141172
Brisbuck looks up towards Silver

"Good. Good, Sergeant."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141174
141175
>>141173
"Not only that, we now know where they had placed captured townsponies, and general location of where our missing machinegunner is."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141175
141176
>>141174
"Excellent. That is one less thing to worry about."
He pauses for a moment, and then,

"Our scouts believe we know where the drones at the Old Stone House fled to. We believe they went to a dairy processing facility just west of the town."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141176
141177
>>141175
"That is problem. When they captured members of 322nd, they split them up between courthouse across street from here...and dairy processing plant."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141177
141178
>>141176
"I see... They made a stand at the church, so it makes they would at the dairy plant as well."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141178
141179
>>141177
"We need to be careful about using mortar against them, lest we accidentally kill number of ponies in process. We may need multiple squads to take it without explosives or excessive casualties."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141179
141180
>>141178
"Yes. That is true."
Brisbuck looks away and then back to Silver

"The Front line is under attack, and this valley is the only quick way to funnel troops, supplies, and the wounded either towards the frontline or away from it for a decent-sized area. The light goes out in less than an hour. If the Front is really under attack, we have to secure everything by the roadway."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141180
141181
>>141179
Silver stands up tall, and address his officer.

"If I may, Sir, I have tactical suggestion."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141181
141182
>>141180
"Yes sir?" He says
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141182
141183
>>141181
"These changelings are fairly deep in enemy territory, have limited supplies and equipment, have taken massive casualties, and are surrounded, outmanned, and outgunned. They did not have enough changelings to replace everypony in 332nd and remaining townsponies, we have already wiped out two squads completely, and their remaining forces have split up to defend their last holdings in Vale. If we wish to quickly and efficiently destroy changeling defenders before night comes and without losing many ponies, then we must commit fully to assaulting each remaining group of changelings in turn with all of our troops and press our numbers advantage in each individual battle. 'Defeat in Detail'."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141183
141184
>>141182
"That sounds excellent, Sergeant Sword. We had to split up before because we were surrounded and did not know where the enemy was. Now, we are on the advance. Let's show them what little ponies can do."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141184
141185
>>141183
Silver nods in determination, and salutes Brisbuck.

"We await your orders, Lieutenant."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141185
141186
>>141184
"Retake Vale, and do it before nightfall. You know what to do."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141186
141187
>>141185
Silver nods, lowers his hoof, and shouts out for the entire building to hear:

"ALRIGHT SOLDIERS, I WANT EVERYPONY GEARED UP, OUTSIDE, AND IN FORMATION IN FIVE! WE ARE TAKING THIS CITY BACK!"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141187
141188
>>141186
This provokes a rather loud response of yelling and wooing as ponies go outside, carrying their guns from their positions.

Going outside, in the front row, Silver can see the ponies of his platoon. Behind him stands Brisbuck with his helmet and carbine. In front of him stands Amber Grain and Salt Lick, though the former is fairly wounded. Firm Heart is absent from the section, but a rather tired looking Hazelred is now present. In A Company, Silver can see the ten ponies there, including the pink corporal. The ten ponies of B Squad, including its wounded Sargeant, a cream colored Pegasus scout, and the black colt with the machine gun stand next in line. Then the 10 ponies of C Squad, including Sleetfall and Cornflake. Finally, there are the four ponies of the weapons section.

All ponies able to stand are accounted for. They cheer,

"Woo!"
"Let's beat these bastards back!"
"Squash these buggers!"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141188
141189
>>141187
"Ponies! It is time! These changelings thought they could control us, fool us, that we would let them capture innocent ponies freely and let them get away with it! They deride us as 'little ponies'! Let us shatter these delusions! We outnumber them! We outgun them!
And we know right where they are hiding! We will drive these roaches from their nests and liberate Vale and all captured ponies therein! Let us show them what little ponies can do!"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141189
141190
>>141188
Loud cheering erupts, and several ponies hold up their weapons into the air.

"Wooo!"
"Let's take it back!"
"Stomp the roaches!"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141190
141191
>>141189
"Soldiers, follow me!"

Silver leads the sufficiently hyped up ponies towards the location of the dairy procession plant, prepared to take the location from the changelings.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141191
141192
>>141190
Silver can certainly charge if he likes, but Brisbuck and Amber Grain have information on the details of the location.

The plant is located immediately west of town, a few hundred feet from the main cluster of buildings. It is north of Old Mecc Road, or to the right, and connects to the rail line in the back. it is just below, and somewhat south of a large hill, as at that point the valley takes a bend southwards as it goes further west. It's walls are painted white and it is mostly one story, with a number of loading docks, and four large stainless steel cylinders. The 332nd was evidently using it for at least some storage or loading and unloading, given that it has space for carts and trucks.

The most significant thing by far, however, is what the Changelings have captured. They have apparently taken a couple small, admittedly outdated Equestrian Anti-tank guns and have placed them near the roadway, one each facing east and west. The guns are not powerful enough to take out most modern tanks, nor are they especially effective at the anti-personnel role as artillery. Still, they have a means of combating against cover, and more importantly, a means of destroying almost any vehicle the 23rd or command in Wald could send down Old Mecc Trail road.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141192
141193
>>141191
They will definitely want to make their assault from the hill. Is there much cover on the hill, any brush or tall grass?
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141193
141194
>>141192
The hill, while not nearly as tall as the Unicorn Mountains that loom over the horizon to the south and southwest, is still quite tall, perhaps a thousand feet to its crest. However, the slope down is not straight or consistent, but has several ridge lines, which slope down and in one instance next to town, curves south. These ridges could hide an area behind them.

The hillside itself lacks substantial cover. Much of it is low grass, parts of it are completely barren dirt, and the hill is dotted with Big Sagebrush, the most common large vegetation in the region outside of irrigated fields. The sage brush can be several feet high in many areas, and can perhaps obscure a pony that is prone behind it.

The one hill is far from the only notable detail, although it is the most notable. Similar hills exist on the opposite side of the valley, although of course further away and usually smaller. Behind that the hill - to the right relative to Silver's position, and to the Northwest of the town - is a small break between hills where a creek flows, as well as a railway and dirt path. The creek and railway presumably connect up to Benson and another portion of the Cascadian Front, and both connect with the valley at Vale.

The houseline ends only a couple hundred feet from the base of the dairy processing facility, with several houses facing it. The tops of the grain elevator and church are within theoretical rifle range of the dairy processing facility, albeit a scoped rifle would be preferred.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141194
141195
>>141193
Silver poses a question to Brisbuck and Amber Grain.

"Do any of our soldiers have scoped rifles?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141195
141196
>>141194
Brisbuck:
"One scoped rifle for the platoon."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141196
141197
>>141195
Silver points out the church tower.

"Send him and one other soldier to watch his back. Having sniper support may be crucial in battle to take outside of facility. We should also use ridgelines and brush on hill to station rifleponies. Our first targets are their AT guns and any snipers they may have."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141197
141198
>>141196
"It could be. But be aware we don't have any soldiers who are experienced marksmen. In fact, we are almost out of combat experienced ponies at all, not counting today, that is. We are down squad leaders on both B and C squads.

A sniper in the church probably won't be noticed by the changelings and probably will not be shot at by the anti-tank gun, but it's also possible it won't have the best angle on at least some lines of attack.

We can definitely use the ridgeline, but note that that's beyond the range of submachine guns. Our rifles can shoot that far, but it's not close range."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141198
141199
>>141197
"Indeed. If we can, we can also use our MGs on ridgeline to keep any changeling defeders suppressed. It would give those with SMGs chance to rush down to close range without getting shot at."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141199
141200
>>141198
"True. And when we clear the building, we will want to use SMGs up close. We don't know how many changelings will be there. We know there were around a squad's strength when we made them flee from the Old Stone House. They didn't have a machine gun, which is why we were able to drive them out in the first place, but we don't know what they have there."

The Platoon has its three light machine guns, and the medium machine gun. Of course it has the mortar. Of Changeling machine guns, the captured one is out of ammunition, one is blown to hell, and the Equestrian heavy machine gun is shot to Tartarus. Changeling rifles are allegedly slightly better at range, but generally comparable, and Changeling machinepistols are a preferred captured weapon.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141200
141201
>>141199
"I imagine we have at least one pair of binoculars among us. We should be able to scout out changeling positions before we make our move, and see what they have outside."

The mortar is definitely out of the question for this assault, but the MGs are fair game. Combined, they should be able to provide enough suppression against the changeling defenders to allow those with SMGs to advance to the plant.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141201
141202
>>141200
"Yes, we have a couple pairs. Nopony has reported machine gun fire from that location thus far."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141202
141203
>>141201
"Regardless, scouting location briefly before assault is good idea."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141203
141204
>>141202
"Naturally" He answers
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141204
141206
>>141203
Silver continues to advance to the location with the squad, asking for one of the pairs of binoculars along the way.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141206
141207
>>141204
Silver goes past the courthouse, further down the road to the Inn, and even further down to the creek. He crosses the bridge and sees a few houses on the other side. Then he goes past the Old Stone House, a two story house with a historical marker, and whose stones show signs of bullet chipping
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141207
141208
>>141206
"This was where they held up. Unfortunate that it had to be historical building."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141208
141209
>>141207
"Indeed. We had to shoot them out. They nipped two of our soldiers in the process, but I think we got some of them. At least one didn't make it out."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141209
141210
>>141208
"One less changeling means one less we have to deal with later."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141210
141211
>>141209
"One less, yes. But now we have to deal with the other nine now..."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141211
141217
>>141210
"We can do it. Onto dairy plant!"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141217
141218
>>141211
Silver passes a few more houses, and houses with minor water damage still visible on the first few feet, with a small saloon being the last building on Old Mecc before Main and Old Mech Trail Roads merge and make the bend southwest and ultimately towards the break between the Unicorn and Upper Unicorn ranges. Silver has seen the trail that follows the creak northwest and the path around the hill.

Looking at the dairy plant, he finds that the situation is in many ways like that of the grain elevator down south, with trucks on the side and in front. What is new is the anti-tank gun that faces towards town, and the anti-tank gun that faces away from town, down the valley. The latter is partly behind a truck so as to obscure its presence. Silver can see a number of riflelines have taken up on the roof of the building, as well as around it, around trucks. Most do not seem to be at defensive positions, but some are, and at least one machine gun is visible on top of the building. Silver can see that this is larger than squad strength here.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141218
141219
>>141217
Silver tells all of this to Brisbuck and Amber Grain after he's finished scouting.

"It is good we brought our entire fighting force."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141219
141220
>>141218
"Yes. Very much so. Are you sure we don't need the mortar?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa7be5a
?
No.141220
141221
>>141219
"I am concerned that use of mortar will end up with numerous casualties from cocooned ponies. I do not know where in building they are."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141221
141222
>>141220
"True..." He says, looking back. A truck, with headlights on, comes down Old Mecc Trail Road and begins to pull in next to the dairy plant
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141222
141223
>>141221
Silver uses the binoculars to get a better look.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141223
141224
>>141222
The truck stops. While the right side of the truck is blocked by the edge of the dairy facility, Silver can see a pony in Equestrian uniform step out of the driver's seat, and a couple ponies going up to the back of the truck to unload it
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141224
141225
>>141223
Can he see what they're unloading?
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141225
141226
>>141224
Yes. The first item seen unloaded is a machine gun
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141226
141227
>>141225
Silver whispers to the other commanders.

"They are unloading additional MG. They are fortifying their position."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141227
141228
>>141226
Brisbuck:
"Sounds about right. They want to keep the 23rd from resupplying, reinforcing, or withdrawing."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141228
141229
>>141227
"Hmm...I am curious, did they consolidate their forces here? I know they had army trucks at grain elevator, maybe they realized they were outgunned and moved everything to dairy plant."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141229
141230
>>141228
"No. They would have had to drive past us, and we would have seen them. Unless maybe they went on a road around town. I think we would have seen them on Whinnyton or Main, and we absolutely would have seen them on Old Mecc. Unless maybe our ponies were paying less attention than we thought? Anyways, that's an Equestrian logistics truck right there, so they definitely took it from the 23rd's supply elements."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141230
141231
>>141229
"I do not know. I do not know where they are getting these supplies and soldier, if not from grain elevator. Regardless, we must make assault soon, lest they bring even more in."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141231
141232
>>141230
"Absolutely. When nightfall comes, it will be easier for them to hold their position or strike out. Let's not give them the advantage."

Off in the distance, Silver hears crackles and booms. Before, there were a few. Now, there are many. Some are louder and last longer, but some are shorter and sharper, and the latter are more numerous. The sounds increase in number, so that they are like distant drumbeats, or perhaps machine gun fire. But Silver has heard drums, and he knows what machine gun fire sounds like, and this is neither. It is more distant, more irregular, and louder, rolling over the hills and down the valley, or echoing off the mountains.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141232
141233
>>141231
Silver looks a little worried.

"There is also that. I would like to capture those trucks if we are able. Should changelings advance to here, we can use them to evacuate wounded and civilians.

"Now, let us get our ponies to take positions. This will be one big battle."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141233
141234
>>141232
"Yes. They will likely be useful for helping the 23rd as well.

Should everypony be along the ridge up there?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141234
141235
>>141233
"Do you have better idea, Sir?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141235
141236
>>141234
"Well... We can't attack simultaneously from the other side of the valley because we don't have the communications for that. We could try having a single squad attack from town so that the position is flanked, but it would make that squad vulnerable to their guns. There is more than one ridge line, although that one" pointing to the one that curves south "is the closest."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141236
141237
>>141235
Silver nods.

"It is your call, Lieutenant. I would recommend using multiple ridgelines to separate their fire."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141237
141238
>>141236
"Well then sir, let's bring them up and place them along the ridge lines.

You mentioned taking a sniper away from the group and placing them in the church tower?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141238
141239
>>141237
Eeyup. Him, and one other pony to watch his back.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141239
141240
>>141238
"I recommend Mild Mill. He scored the best in training. As for the pony to watch his back... well, perhaps that should be Hazelred. He's still not in great condition for moving, running, or long range shooting, so he may be best in closed spaces. For his weapon, well, I think he should either take my carbine, and I pick up a rifle, or he should take one of the changeling SMGs."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141240
141241
>>141239
Silver nods in agreement.

"Give him one of SMGs, and send two over to clock tower."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141241
141242
>>141240
"I will take that advice. What do you think about Firm Heart and the few wounded ponies under his care?
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141242
141243
>>141241
"We should keep them back. Perhaps have them take pot shots from hill while changelings do not shoot them back, but they should not advance to assault plant in CQC."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141243
141244
>>141242
“Certainly. I was wondering if any of our forces should be held back to protect them.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141244
141245
>>141243
"Hopefully, with our attack fully pressed, they will not get chance to attack them."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141245
141246
>>141244
“Whereas they will want to take out the sniper?” He asks
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141246
141251
>>141245
"That is...not exactly what I meant. I meant that, with us attacking at our current full strength, they will be focused on defending against assault to think about counter attacking."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141251
141252
>>141246
"Well, you wanted a pony to defend the sniper. Still, the Changelings can be rather aggressive, and I hope our full strength on the attack is enough."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
953845a
?
No.141252
141253
>>141251
Silver nods.

"Let us get into position."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141253
141254 141255
>>141252
If Silver is still looking at the Dairy processor, he can see two alleged ponies walk outside... though both carry the changeling machinepistol around slings on their backs. One wears the markings of an Equestrian First Lieutenant. The other wears the markings of a First Sergeant.

Silver is able to go back to his ponies, and they go to the creek, walking on the trail back. The ponies walk around the hill, before starting to climb the hill

[1d20 = 17]

Roll die
d32edac
?
No.141254
141255 141257 141258
[1d20 = 16]
>>141253
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141255
141256 141259
>>141254
>>141253
Hmmm....

The ponies find that to get to the ridgeline, they have to cross the side of the hill, near the top, and are comparatively exposed and visible
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141256
141257
>>141255
[1d20 = 19]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141257
141258 141259
>>141254
>>141256
From the hillside and the ridges, Silver has a view of the dairy facility from the Northwest. There are two trucks, facing southwest and away from Vale on Old Mecc. The same is true of the anti-tank gun that is visible on this side, which faces down the road. There is a metal shield across the front of it, but as Silver's group has a view down the side, Silver can see it has a full group of three alleged ponies manning it.

Silver can see four alleged ponies by the trucks with rifles. There is a Changeling machine gun, right behind the first truck, and sort of between the two trucks. It looks like this position would be at least partly hidden by the truck if viewed travelling east down Old Mecc. This position is on the ground with two alleged ponies lying prone: a machine gunner and an assistant machine gunner. There is another pony by the truck with a submachine gun.

Nearby both are the two in officer uniforms, walking together between the dairy plant and the trucks, looking at the trucks, and pointing at things.

On the north side of the plant, Silver can see a couple of the alleged ponies looking through a window on the plant. This side of the plant is brick with a few windows, unlike the windowless white colored sections on the west side. Outside is an alleged pony with a submachine gun (changeling make), and four rifleponies. These are standing out in the open. Most importantly, they are looking out in the direction of the hill, in the direction of Silver's ponies, albeit thus far looking at an area lower on the hill.

On top of the plant, there are the three towers. Three changeling drones - not disguised as ponies, but blatantly changeling drones with insect wings - fly up towards the top of the steel cylindrical towers. They have rifles. Another two drones are on top of the roof with a rifle.

Silver can barely see it, but there is another machine gun with two alleged ponies that is partly covered by the towers and faces towards town. Silver knows there is an anti-tank gun facing town, but it is obscured behind the plant from this angle.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141258
141259
>>141254
>>141257
On the road, down the valley, there is a whining alarm sound, and the headlights of a vehicle travelling towards Vale.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
d32edac
?
No.141259
141260 141261 141262
>>141255
>>141257
>>141258
Silver hopes he and the other ponies can get into position before something bad happens.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141260
141261 141263
>>141259
Presumably, Silver wants to keep the machine gun section next to the ponies in the command section, for convenience of command. The squads move out along the sage, positioning themselves along a line on the top of the ridge, generally trying to hide under sage brush. Bipods are set up and ponies hoof over their machine gun magazines into a pile next to each squad machinegun. The machine gun section sets up, with three manning the medium machine gun, and a commander with a rifle.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141261
141262 141263
>>141259
>>141260
Silver can see the vehicle a little better. It's a Haystin K2 Ambulance, painted Army green. It travels at full speed down the road. Then,

Bang
[1d20 = 1]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141262
141263
>>141261
>>141259
There is an attempt by the anti-tank gun to fire. Fortunately, the gun seems to misfire for some reason unknown to Silver. The ambulance continues down the road, slowing down as something is clearly wrong.

At the gun, the alleged ponies remove the cartridge from the gun, one of them tossing the live round far away, while another loads it. The machine gun by the truck trains onto the ambulance, though there is no firing.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
953845a
?
No.141263
141264 141266
>>141260
>>141261
>>141262
Silver whispers to Brisbuck.

"Truck will not survive. On your order, Lieutenant, we attack."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141264
141265
>>141263
"Target Priority?"
He asks
Silver "The Floof" Sword
953845a
?
No.141265
>>141264
"AT and MGs."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141266
141267 141269
>>141263
Roll Die

Brisbuck
[1d20 = 15]
[1d5 = 1]
Amber Grain
[1d20 = 5]
[1d5 = 5]
Salt Lick
[1d20 = 5]
[1d5 = 3]
MG Commander
[1d20 = 4]
[1d5 = 2]

S A
MG [1d20 = 3] [1d25 = 7]
A MG [1d20 = 5] [1d25 = 2]
1 [1d20 = 12] [1d25 = 17]
2 [1d20 = 11] [1d25 = 7]
3 [1d20 = 20] [1d25 = 13]
4 [1d20 = 10] [1d25 = 14]
5 [1d20 = 9] [1d25 = 22]
6 [1d20 = 15] [1d25 = 2]
7 [1d20 = 13] [1d25 = 4]
8 [1d20 = 20] [1d25 = 14]

S B
MG [1d20 = 5] [1d25 = 3]
A MG [1d20 = 17] [1d25 = 18]
1 [1d20 = 17] [1d25 = 11]
2 [1d20 = 9] [1d25 = 11]
3 [1d20 = 9] [1d25 = 9]
4 [1d20 = 20] [1d25 = 14]
5 [1d20 = 9] [1d25 = 11]
6 [1d20 = 13] [1d25 = 9]
7 [1d20 = 15] [1d25 = 7]
8 [1d20 = 20] [1d25 = 15]

S C
MG [1d20 = 19] [1d25 = 20]
A MG [1d20 = 14] [1d25 = 24]
1 [1d20 = 8] [1d25 = 21]
2 [1d20 = 15] [1d25 = 4]
3 [1d20 = 13] [1d25 = 11]
4 [1d20 = 19] [1d25 = 2]
5 [1d20 = 17] [1d25 = 21]
6 [1d20 = 8] [1d25 = 9]
7 [1d20 = 17] [1d25 = 22]
8 [1d20 = 10] [1d25 = 1]
953845a
?
No.141267
141268 141274
[1d20+4 = 21]
>>141266
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141268
141270
>>141267
Silver has the privileges of firing first
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141269
>>141266
And oh yeah, the Machine gun:
[1d20 = 6]
[1d5 = 3]
953845a
?
No.141270
141271 141272
[1d20+10 = 27]
>>141268
Silver aims down the sights of his rifle, and fires at the disguised changeling firing the AT gun at the ambulance.
953845a
?
No.141271
141272 141276
[2d8 = 3]
>>141270
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141272
141273
>>141270
>>141271
Silver gets a grazing shot on his rifle. And all of E platoon follows with him in a cacophony of bullets

Brisbuck
[1d20 = 10] 1
Amber Grain
[1d20 = 16] 5
Salt Lick
[1d20 = 1] 3
MG Commander
[1d20 = 15] 2
MG
[1d20 = 1] 3

SA
MG. [1d20 = 6] 7
A MG. [1d20 = 12] 2
1. [1d20 = 5] 17
2. [1d20 = 17] 7
3. [1d20 = 20] 13
4. [1d20 = 11] 14
5. [1d20 = 7] 22
6. [1d20 = 8] 2
7. [1d20 = 16] 4
8. [1d20 = 3] 14

SA
MG. [1d20 = 4] 3
A MG. [1d20 = 6] 18
1. [1d20 = 4] 11
2. [1d20 = 15] 11
3. [1d20 = 20] 9
4. [1d20 = 18] 14
5. [1d20 = 8] 11
6. [1d20 = 10] 9
7. [1d20 = 19] 7
8. [1d20 = 4] 15

SA
MG. [1d20 = 19] 20
A MG. [1d20 = 9] 24
1. [1d20 = 8] 21
2. [1d20 = 10] 4
3. [1d20 = 3] 11
4. [1d20 = 5] 2
5. [1d20 = 3] 21
6. [1d20 = 14] 9
7. [1d20 = 8] 22
8. [1d20 = 11] 1
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141273
141274
>>141272
AG
[2d8 = 4] 5

MG Commander
[2d8 = 7]

SA
2. [2d8 = 7] 7
3. [1d20 = 4] [2d8 = 7] 13
7. [2d8 = 5] 4

SB
3. [1d20 = 9] [2d8 = 8] 9
4. [2d8 = 4] 14
7. [2d8 = 3] 7

SC
MG
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141274
141275 141276
>>141273
>>141267
Several changelings are shot and take wounds. One changeling - only one - falls down, one of the two creatures on top of the roof towards the northwest edge. It is hit with a hail of machine gun bullets, and its disguise fades away, leaving it as a mangled bug.

At the Anti-tank gun, the gunner and an assistant are hit with bullets. All three creatures try to pull away from the anti-tank gun to run for cover - that being, behind the truck. The third one has to stop, to pick up his rifle that is leaning against the anti-tank gun

The Machine gun that was aimed at the ambulance has its gunner get up, start to run, then go back for the gun, starting to pick it up. It's assistant gunner is shot, stands up with belts of ammunition, and staggers. Both remain in the open.

The pony by the truck dives back into the truck. Of the four rifle ponies by the truck, one is hit not once but twice, and is staggered out in the open. The other three run over to the second, nearer truck to hide behind it as cover.

Of the two ponies in officer uniforms, one of them yells:
"Grabe dich ein und lass sie nicht passieren! Lass sie dafür bezahlen!"
This one opens a door and runs into the building. The other pony in officer's uniform runs over to the truck to hide behind its back

The response is very different over on the North side. The creature with the submachinee gun dives forward into the brush, and yells
"Vom Grat. Zuerst von unten. Sie haben mehrere Maschinengewehre. Unbekannte Nummer. Unterdrückendes Feuer."

From inside the building, there is a
"Dadadadada" as a machine gun opens into the hillside. It fires from through an open window.
[1d20 = 19] [1d38 = 15]

Then the four riflelings on the northside dive into the grass, and each shoots with their rifles
[1d20 = 17] [1d38 = 8]
[1d20 = 13] [1d38 = 30]
[1d20 = 16] [1d38 = 22]
[1d20 = 1] [1d38 = 17]

Then the three on the tower, and the living one on the rooftop do the same
[1d20 = 7] [1d38 = 25]

[1d20 = 20] [1d38 = 36]
[1d20 = 13] [1d38 = 38]
[1d20 = 6] [1d38 = 36]

Inside the town, a lone shot rings out
[1d20 = 8]

The ambulance slows down, goes into reverse, and tries to turn around
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141275
141276
>>141274
MG
[1d20 = 7] 15

[1d20 = 12] 8

[1d20 = 2] 22

[1d20 = 2] [2d8 = 13] 36
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141276
141277
>>141274
>>141275
>>141271
In Silver's group, two privates are hit, both of them going down. Other privates volunteer to pull them down below the ridge line

Silver's turn to shoot again.
953845a
?
No.141277
141278 141280
[1d20+8 = 10]
>>141276
Silver aims his rifle at the open window with the MG, and pulls the trigger.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141278
141279
>>141277
Miss

His little ponies, minus a few, fire again:

Brisbuck
[1d20 = 7] 1
Amber Grain
[1d20 = 10] 5
Salt Lick
[1d20 = 13] 3
MG Commander
[1d20 = 10] 2
MG
[1d20 = 16] 3

SA
MG. [1d20 = 2] 7
A MG. [1d20 = 4] 2
1. [1d20 = 6] 17
2. [1d20 = 15] 7
3. [1d20 = 13] 13
6. [1d20 = 17] 2
7. [1d20 = 13] 4
8. [1d20 = 16] 14

SB
MG. [1d20 = 7] 3
A MG. [1d20 = 8] 18
1. [1d20 = 3] 11
2. [1d20 = 16] 11
3. [1d20 = 15] 9
4. [1d20 = 2] 14
5. [1d20 = 10] 11
6. [1d20 = 18] 9
7. [1d20 = 4] 7
8. [1d20 = 2] 15

SC
MG. [1d20 = 18] 20
A MG. [1d20 = 20] 24
1. [1d20 = 18] 21
2. [1d20 = 4] 4
3. [1d20 = 3] 11
4. [1d20 = 18] 2
7. [1d20 = 16] 22
8. [1d20 = 10] 1
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141279
141280
>>141278
3

[2d8 = 2] 14
[2d8 = 8] 11
[2d8 = 9] 9

[2d8 = 9] [1d24 = 23]
[1d20 = 2] [2d8 = 9] 24
[2d8 = 12] 21
[2d8 = 4] 2
[2d8 = 4] 22
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141280
141281
>>141279
>>141277
The second assistant Anti-tank gunner who stayed to get his rifle would regret that choice, if he had enough time for conscious reflection. He is shot, then shot again with machine gun fire that ricochets against the steel of the anti-tank gun with a strong pinging sound.

Those who fare the worst are the riflelings on the roof, with every one of them becoming wounded by Silver's stallions, and one of them on top of the tower falling down.

Still, the changelings fight on. Those around the trucks have fled to the trucks, taking up their rifles and hiding behind it. The Machine gunners start to put their gun on the hood of the second truck, while one of the two surviving anti tank gunners shoots at Silver's ponies:
[1d20 = 5] [1d38 = 8]

As does the creature in the first truck:
[1d20 = 11] [1d38 = 10]

And the four rifleponies
[1d20 = 15] [1d38 = 22]
[1d20 = 11] [1d38 = 16]
[1d20 = 7] [1d38 = 22]
[1d20 = 4] [1d38 = 14]

The Machine gun inside the building continues its barrage, albeit at a new target, as it downed its last target:
[1d20 = 12] [1d38 = 25]

The four riflelings in the grass are wounded in part, but they shoot on. There can be no doubt that they have a better idea of where Silver's ponies are now:
[1d20 = 15] 8
[1d20 = 10] 30
[1d20 = 14] 22
[1d20 = 2] 17

On top of the roof, the one rifleling, isolated in his position, keeps shooting back
[1d20 = 14] 25
The two remaining on the tower jump off, opening their wings to fly through the air

A shot rings out
[1d20 = 20]

And a loud BANG replies
[1d100 = 97]
And a "dadadada'
[1d100 = 12]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141281
141282
>>141280
[1d20 = 4] [2d8 = 11]

Silver can see the top of the church steeple sheered off

Silver's turn
953845a
?
No.141282
141283 141285 141286
[1d20+8 = 17]
>>141281
"SHIT!"

Silver quickly turns his rifle to the other AT gun, firing at any exposed changelings operating it.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141283
141284
>>141282
Silver's aim, if at a closer target, would have sent true. But very little is visible of the crew of the anti-tank gun on the far side.

The downside of the portable light machine guns is that their magazines empty quickly, and this is true of Silver's entire platoon at this moment. But his rifle ponies, and the one belt-fed gun, fire

Brisbuck
[1d20 = 17] 1
Amber Grain
[1d20 = 8] 5
Salt Lick
[1d20 = 8] MG
MG Commander
[1d20 = 12] 2
MG
[1d20 = 12] [1d7 = 2]

SA
1. [1d20 = 14] 17
2. [1d20 = 11] 7
3. [1d20 = 10] 13
6. [1d20 = 18] 2
7. [1d20 = 11] 4
8. [1d20 = 16] 14

SB
1. [1d20 = 2] 11
2. [1d20 = 15] 11
3. [1d20 = 15] 9
4. [1d20 = 6] 14
5. [1d20 = 3] 11
6. [1d20 = 2] 9
7. [1d20 = 17] 7
8. [1d20 = 20] 15

SC
1. [1d20 = 5] 21
2. [1d20 = 12] 4
3. [1d20 = 6] 11
4. [1d20 = 1] 2
7. [1d20 = 13] 22
8. [1d20 = 11] 1
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141284
141285
>>141283

Brisbuck, literature teacher, actually shot someone:
[2d8 = 6] 1

The tires on the truck go flat, and the glass shatters as the machine gun bullets hit it
[2d8 = 14] 2

[2d8 = 13] 14

[1d20 = 12] [2d8 = 6] 15
[2d8 = 10] 7
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141285
141287
>>141282
>>141284
The gunner of the Anti-tank gun in the west gets shot in the torso, and slumps over.

But his comrade picks up his gun, and shoots:
[1d20 = 7] [1d38 = 37]

The creature in the truck shoots:
[1d20 = 2] 10

One of the four riflelings: the one already wounded, falls suddenly. The other three shoot on:
[1d20 = 7] 16
[1d20 = 13] 22
[1d20 = 14] 14

The machine gun on the truck starts to fire:
[1d20 = 10] [1d38 = 23]

The machine gun inside the building fires:
[1d20 = 17] 25

One of the riflelings in the grass is silenced. The other three carry on:
[1d20 = 9] 30
[1d20 = 6] 22
[1d20 = 10] 17

The lone rifleling on the roof continues:
[1d20 = 12] 25

And one previously on the tower shoots from around the side of the building:
[1d20 = 10] 25

There is no sound from inside the town, nor from the machine gun on the other side. but the Anti-tank gun shoots again
[1d100 = 31]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141286
>>141282
One of Silver's ponies falls to the machine gun within the building. Silver's turn
953845a
?
No.141287
141288 141290 141292
[1d20+8 = 10]
>>141285
Silver sneers, and fires again for the machine gun in the building.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141288
141289
>>141287
A miss, unfortunately

The machine guns are reloaded

Brisbuck
[1d20 = 9] 1
Amber Grain
[1d20 = 20] 5
Salt Lick
[1d20 = 9] [1d20 = 12]
MG Commander
[1d20 = 19] [1d20 = 10]
MG
[1d20 = 14] [1d20 = 17]

SA
MG. [1d20 = 8] 7
A MG. [1d20 = 12] 2
1. [1d20 = 11] 17
2. [1d20 = 15] 7
3. [1d20 = 2] 13
6. [1d20 = 17] 2
7. [1d20 = 5] 4
8. [1d20 = 10] 14

SB
MG. [1d20 = 17] 3
A MG. [1d20 = 9] 18
1. [1d20 = 7] 11
2. [1d20 = 20] 11
3. [1d20 = 18] 9
4. [1d20 = 17] 14
6. [1d20 = 14] 9
7. [1d20 = 2] 7
8. [1d20 = 5] 15

SC
MG. [1d20 = 11] 20
A MG. [1d20 = 18] 24
1. [1d20 = 8] 21
2. [1d20 = 20] 4
3. [1d20 = 10] 11
4. [1d20 = 15] 2
7. [1d20 = 19] 22
8. [1d20 = 8] 1
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141289
141290
>>141288
Amber Grain lands a shot in an assistant machine gunner on the truck
[1d20 = 8] [2d8 = 12]

[2d8 = 10] [1d20 = 16]

[1d20 = 3] [2d8 = 8] 11
[2d8 = 12] 9
[2d8 = 16] [1d20 = 4]

[2d8 = 10] 24
[1d20 = 8] [2d8 = 11] 4
[2d8 = 6] 22
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141290
141291 141292
>>141287
>>141289
A number of riflelings fall.

The assistant Machine gunner on the truck takes another bullet, and falls.

The machine gunner himself takes a bullet to the neck, and then to the head, falling backward. His machine gun falls back, and then slides down on the hood of the truck, and slides off backwards.

An officer behind the truck yelling
"Feuer erwidern! Lass sie schmecken-"
is cut off mid sentence. Another rifleling is hit twice, and falls

And still, the two riflelings at the first truck fire:
[1d20 = 16] 37
[1d20 = 7] 10

And the two at the second fire:
[1d20 = 17] 16
[1d20 = 11] 22

The machine gun inside the building fires, now looking for its third victim:
[1d20 = 10] [1d34 = 13]

The three in the grass fire:
[1d20 = 10] 30
[1d20 = 14] 22
[1d20 = 14] 177

The rifleling on the roof is silenced, as is the rifleling on around the corner.

The ambulance has turned around.

There is no sound from the other side, either in town or from the anti-tank gun or machine gun
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141291
>>141290
Two hit Silver's ponies:
[2d8 = 5] 37
[2d8 = 7] 16
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141292
141293
>>141290
>>141287
Silver's turn
953845a
?
No.141293
141294
[1d20+8 = 22]
>>141292
"Давай, бей его уже!"

Silver tries for the windowed machine gunner again.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141294
141295
>>141293
Hit
953845a
?
No.141295
141296 141298 141299 141300
[2d8 = 11]
>>141294
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141296
141297 141298
>>141295
Silver lands a decent shot into the chest of the machine gunner. Let's see how his little ponies can follow that up.

Two privates who pulled aside downed ponies have returned to the firing line

Brisbuck
[1d20 = 12]
Amber Grain
[1d20 = 6]
Salt Lick
[1d20 = 9]
MG Commander
[1d20 = 11]
MG
[1d20 = 8]

SA
MG. [1d20 = 7] 7
A MG. [1d20 = 14] 2
1. [1d20 = 10] 17
2. [1d20 = 14] 7
3. [1d20 = 8] 13
4: [1d20 = 19] [1d9 = 1]
6. [1d20 = 11] 2
7. [1d20 = 1] 4
8. [1d20 = 8] 14

SB
MG. [1d20 = 9] 3
A MG. [1d20 = 17] 18
1. [1d20 = 2] 11
2. [1d20 = 17] 11
3. [1d20 = 9] 9
4. [1d20 = 2] 14
6. [1d20 = 10] 9
7. [1d20 = 9] 7
8. [1d20 = 14] 15

SC
MG. [1d20 = 16] 20
A MG. [1d20 = 4] 24
1. [1d20 = 11] 21
2. [1d20 = 16] 4
3. [1d20 = 3] 11
4. [1d20 = 3] 2
6. [1d20 = 14] [1d9 = 2]
7. [1d20 = 11] 22
8. [1d20 = 3] 1
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141297
141298
>>141296
[2d8 = 10] 7
[2d8 = 4] 11

MG [1d20 = 14]
[1d20 = 2] [2d8 = 10] ?
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141298
141299
>>141297
>>141295
>>141296
A second bullet hits the same machine gunner, and he falls back. The assistant machine gunner looks to take the place of the machine gunner

Still, the riflelings at the trucks shoot away:
[1d20 = 11] 37
[1d20 = 9] 10

And at the second truck
[1d20 = 1] 16
[1d20 = 14] 22

And the three in the grass:
[1d20 = 14] 30
[1d20 = 12] 22
[1d20 = 14] 17

Then the officer in the grass yells out:
"Stirb du flauschige Bastarde!"

And with the rifle of a fallen drone, he aims and fires a rifle grenade at the ridge:
[1d20 = 18] [1d10 = 10]

Three changelings appear on the roof, along with a fourth one from behind the towers. They carry a machine gun forward.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141299
141300
>>141298
>>141295
An explosion goes off near the end of C Squad's line
[2d6 = 4] [1d2 = 2] [1d6 = 2]
[2d6 = 8] [1d2 = 1] [1d6 = 4]
[1d2 = 2]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141300
141301
>>141299
>>141295
A pony is downed, or nearly downed, by an explosion, and another is wounded. But the ponies are otherwise not hit

Silver's turn
953845a
?
No.141301
141302 141305
[1d20+8 = 13]
>>141300
"Keep firing!"

Silver takes aim for the assistant machine gunner, aiming to keep the MG offline.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141302
141303
>>141301
Silver's shot hits the side of the building. Two more of his little ponies are out of the action, but those that remain keep firing:

Brisbuck
[1d20 = 16]
Amber Grain
[1d20 = 14]
Salt Lick
[1d20 = 16]
MG Commander
[1d20 = 4]
MG
[1d20 = 15]

SA
MG. [1d20 = 10] 7
A MG. [1d20 = 12] 2
1. [1d20 = 7] 17
2. [1d20 = 20] 7
3. [1d20 = 16] 13
4: [1d20 = 9] [1d9 = 2]
6. [1d20 = 17] 2
7. [1d20 = 9] 4
8. [1d20 = 1] 14

SB
MG. [1d20 = 11] 3
A MG. [1d20 = 14] 18
1. [1d20 = 10] 11
2. [1d20 = 3] 11
3. [1d20 = 11] 9
4. [1d20 = 3] 14
6. [1d20 = 11] 9
7. [1d20 = 11] 7
8. [1d20 = 12] 15

SC
MG. [1d20 = 8] 20
A MG. [1d20 = 2] 24
1. [1d20 = 1] 21
2. [1d20 = 15] 4
3. [1d20 = 13] 11
4. [1d20 = 18] 2
6. [1d20 = 11] [1d9 = 4]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141303
141304 141305
>>141302
Brisbuck
[2d8 = 8]
Salt lick
[2d8 = 13]
Amber Grain
[1d2 = 1] [2d8 = 13]

MG [1d20 = 10]

[2d8 = 16] [1d20 = 2] 7
[2d8 = 13] 2
[2d8 = 12] 2
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141304
>>141303
[1d3 = 3]
[1d3 = 1]
[1d3 = 1]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141305
141306
>>141301
>>141303
Silver may have missed, but Amber Grain and Salt Lick knew where he was aiming. They shoot the assistant machine gunner in the neck and head as he attempts to take over the gun, and he falls down immediately. Brisbuck nips the officer in the grass.

One of the riflings behind the truck takes multiple hits, and falls

Still, one behind the first truck fires on
[1d20 = 10] 10

Two behind the second truck
[1d20 = 9] 16
[1d20 = 9] 22

The three in the grass reload. Their rifles, unlike the pony guns, only have five shots

The officer in the grass fires another rifle grenade up towards the ridgeline:
[1d20 = 12] [1d10 = 9]

Now, on the roof top, two more drones fire rifles, while a machine gun is set in position and a belt loaded
[1d20 = 9] [1d34 = 15]
[1d20 = 18] [1d34 = 20]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141306
>>141305
A grenade falls short and explodes

One little pony is hit:
[2d8 = 8]

Silver's turn
953845a
?
No.141307
141311 141313
[1d20+8 = 17]
Silver tries once again to shoot the assistant machine gunner.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141310
141311
I'm stupid, didn't see the assistant machine gunner was dead. Silver's new target is the officer shot by Brisbuck.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141311
141312
>>141310
>>141307
The drone in the grass - still wearing the form and uniform of a pony, mind you - is the same drone that launched the grenade that injured two ponies, perhaps killing one of them. He is prone in the low grass and next to sage brush, so it's not the easiest shot to make. Nevertheless, Silver thinks he's hit him
2847c37
?
No.141312
141313 141315 141317
[2d8 = 5]
>>141311
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141313
141314
>>141307
>>141312
Silver seems to wound the drone.

The machine guns are again reloaded.

Brisbuck
[1d20 = 19]
Amber Grain
[1d20 = 4]
Salt Lick
[1d20 = 4]
MG Commander
[1d20 = 11]
MG
[1d20 = 14]

SA
1. [1d20 = 16] 17
2. [1d20 = 4] 7
3. [1d20 = 7] 13
4: [1d20 = 13] [1d9 = 8]
6. [1d20 = 18] 2
7. [1d20 = 8] 4
8. [1d20 = 10] 14

SB
1. [1d20 = 3] 11
2. [1d20 = 1] 11
3. [1d20 = 8] 9
4. [1d20 = 14] 14
6. [1d20 = 10] 9
7. [1d20 = 10] 7
8. [1d20 = 18] 15

SC
1. [1d20 = 5] 21
2. [1d20 = 1] 4
3. [1d20 = 20] 11
4. [1d20 = 3] 2
6. [1d20 = 11] 4
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141314
141315
>>141313
Brisbuck hits true on another shot

[2d8 = 5] 2

[2d8 = 9] 15

[2d8 = 6] 20
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141315
141316 141317
>>141314
>>141312
With a shot from Brisbuck's rifle, a third shot lands on the drone in the grass. This is too much for him, and his disguise burns away in green fire.

Likewise, one of the drones in the grass is shot while reloading his rifle. He was already severely wounded from a previous hit, and with this shot he drops his gun.

Over at the door by the trucks, a drone scurries outside to behind the second truck

Behind the first truck, a drone fires
[1d20 = 15] 10

Then the second truck
[1d20 = 7] 16
[1d20 = 4] 22

The two remaining in the grass and brush shoot their rifles towards the ridge line

And now on the roof top, something new. Another machine gun opens up fire on the ridge
[1d20 = 14] [1d34 = 6]

As do the other two riflelings
[1d20 = 1] 15
[1d20 = 8] 20
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141316
141317
>>141315
[1d20 = 8]

[1d20 = 12]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141317
141318
>>141316
>>141315
>>141312
The new machine gun pours in fire, wounding a pony helping the belt-fed machine gun.

Silver's turn
2847c37
?
No.141318
141319 141321
[1d20+8 = 22]
>>141317
Silver turns his rifle on the new machine gun, and fires.
2847c37
?
No.141319
141320 141323
[2d8 = 8]
>>141318
I assume that's a hit.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141320
141321 141322
>>141319
>>141319
The changelings on the roof are more exposed than those essentially anywhere else. Silver shoots the gunner. It is not enough to drop him, however

The machine guns are reloaded and ready to fire

Brisbuck
[1d20 = 18]
Amber Grain
[1d20 = 9]
Salt Lick
[1d20 = 13]
MG Commander
[1d20 = 3]
MG
[1d20 = 7]

SA
MG. [1d20 = 5] 7
A MG. [1d20 = 6] 2
1. [1d20 = 16] 17
2. [1d20 = 9] 7
3. [1d20 = 19] 13
4: [1d20 = 15] [1d9 = 1]
6. [1d20 = 6] 2
7. [1d20 = 12] 4
8. [1d20 = 3] 14

SB
MG. [1d20 = 7] 3
A MG. [1d20 = 2] 18
1. [1d20 = 5] 11
2. [1d20 = 15] 11
3. [1d20 = 5] 9
4. [1d20 = 13] 14
6. [1d20 = 6] 9
7. [1d20 = 1] 7
8. [1d20 = 14] 15

SC
MG. [1d20 = 3] 20
A MG. [1d20 = 3] 24
1. [1d20 = 17] 21
2. [1d20 = 11] 4
3. [1d20 = 14] 11
4. [1d20 = 17] 2
6. [1d20 = 4] 4
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141321
>>141320
>>141318
Bullets fly
[1d6 = 2]

[1d20 = 18] 21
[1d20 = 2] 2
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141322
141323
>>141320
Brisbuck scores a hit on a creature on a drone on the roof top
[2d8 = 15]

[2d8 = 9] 13
[2d8 = 16] 21
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141323
141324
>>141319
>>141322
On the roof top, the assistant machine gunner, already shot by another soldier, is shot by Brisbuck and falls down, unable to feed the gun. The machine gunner himself, just shot by Silver seconds before, is shot right through the heart by private Cornflake of Squad C, a contribution that goes unnoticed in the anonymous mass of bullets. The gunner falls, leaving the gun tilted upwards.

The door opens, Silver can see the edge of a changeling submachine gun, and hear the cry
"Zurückfallen! Lass sie zu uns kommen!" shouted

The three changelings behind the trucks disappear further behind them

The lonely changeling in the high grass makes a mad dash towards the northside door.

The two changelings on the roof top spread their wings, looking to move back.
2847c37
?
No.141324
141325 141326
[1d20+8 = 13]
>>141323
"They fall back! Cut them down!"

Silver aims for one of the changelings on the roof with his rifle.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141325
141326
>>141324
Silver misses, though just barely

Brisbuck
[1d20 = 20]
Amber Grain
[1d20 = 15]
Salt Lick
[1d20 = 16]
MG Commander
[1d20 = 8]
MG
[1d20 = 7]

SA
MG. [1d20 = 5] 7
A MG. [1d20 = 9] 2
1. [1d20 = 7] 17
2. [1d20 = 16] 7
3. [1d20 = 8] 13
4: [1d20 = 3] [1d9 = 5]
6. [1d20 = 11] 2
7. [1d20 = 16] 4
8. [1d20 = 7] 14

SB
MG. [1d20 = 3] 3
A MG. [1d20 = 4] 18
1. [1d20 = 3] 11
2. [1d20 = 19] 11
3. [1d20 = 13] 9
4. [1d20 = 2] 14
6. [1d20 = 20] 9
7. [1d20 = 7] 7
8. [1d20 = 7] 15

SC
MG. [1d20 = 14] 20
A MG. [1d20 = 13] 24
1. [1d20 = 3] 21
2. [1d20 = 7] 4
3. [1d20 = 19] 11
4. [1d20 = 19] 2
6. [1d20 = 15] [1d9 = 4]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141326
141327 141328
>>141325
>>141324
Silver aims, takes a shot, and misses....

Brisk buck lands a shot on a retreating drone, one of those on the roof
[2d8 = 2]

[2d8 = 7] 11
[2d8 = 15] 9
[2d8 = 8] 11
[2d8 = 5] 2
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141327
141328
>>141326
[1d2 = 2]

[1d3 = 3]
[1d3 = 3]
[1d3 = 1]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141328
141329
>>141326
>>141327
Silver has one bullet left in the magazine

The drone running along the grass is shot, staggers, and is shot through the back of the head. His gun flies forward, landing right in front of the door.

The two drones on the roof take off flying. Both seem to recoil from shots that hit. Neither falls, and both jump off the roof, and out of sight.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141329
141330 141332
>>141328
"Alright, everypony reload your guns and gather our wounded and dead, quickly. This battle is not over yet. Everypony with short range weapons, once you are ready, we will advance into structure."

Silver loads his rifle, and exchanges the partial magazine in his SMG for a fresh one.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141330
141331 141332
>>141329
5 round stripper clips, it's almost easier to just cycle the bolt and eject the last bullet in the magazine, and then insert two new stripper clips.

Several of the ponies in Silver's platoon came with both rifles and submachine guns, although there are very few submachine guns in the group; perhaps 4.

It looks like five ponies in the platoon - all rifle ponies - have been pulled out of combat for wounds. Of these, at least three are so severe they are not going anywhere, and may already be dead. An additional two ponies beyond this are lightly wounded.

The changelings at the plant have gone silent, although a couple downed changelings on the roof and in the grass twitch.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141331
141334
>>141330
Silver leads as many ponies with SMGs are available towards the plant. He speaks the following along the way.

"Keep your guard up, it is likely they wait in ambush for us."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141332
141333
>>141330
>>141329
Is it only these four ponies, or does Silver go in with more?
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141333
141334 141336
>>141332
Preferably more.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141334
141335
>>141333
>>141331
Silver stands up from the ridgeline, along with many of the ponies in his platoon. Brisbuck gets up, and yells "Forward!" And so a line of ponies stand up from their positions, and advance down the hill, towards the north face of the dairy plant, and perhaps somewhere else.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141335
141336
>>141334
Silver smiles at this display from his Lieutenant, as they and the other ponies go to the building.

"You seem to be coming into your own very well!"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141336
141337
>>141333
>>141335
"Heh" Brisbuck smiles, with overly nice and shiny teeth
"Maybe."

Machine gunners pick up their guns and hold them on their sides in a "walking fire" position, almost like it's a lance on their sides. The belt fed gun stays in position on the ridge, being too unwieldy to move forward, and in any event it's best to stay on the high position in case of need of covering fire.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141337
141338
>>141336
Silver looks over at the drones laying in the grass, dead or dying from the hail of bullets sent their way by the ponies' fire.

"I hope ponies on front lines are doing similarly well as us."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141338
141339
>>141337
Walking up closer to the door, Silver sees a drone dead on its back in the grass, then another, then another, and then the officer, until finally there is the drone who fell only a couple feet from the door. A changeling bolt action rifle lies strangely upright against a sage bush, while a submachine gun lies on a section of barren sand that has a slightly reddish tint. Perhaps most inglorious is the rifle that would serve as a doorstop, were the rear door to open.

"One third casualties in the first day?"

He pauses, and then restarts his reply,
"Yes, I hope they are repelling the drones as well as we are. I feared they'd do much worse for their first time in combat... our first time in combat" he makes an awkward smile, pulling back his lips. "But they've held solid."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141339
141340 141342 141343
>>141338
Silver nods.

"I do not mean to seem cold. But it is clear changelings are taking more of beating than us."

Once up to the door, he takes position against the wall next to it. He returns to a quieter tone as he speaks to Brisbuck.

"No doubt they are waiting for us to enter. We need decoy."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141340
141341 141342
>>141339
It doesn't quite go like that

From inside, through a window near the door, a jet of flame is visible
Chichichicha
[1d20 = 3] [1d20 = 8]
Chichichicha
[1d20 = 13] [1d20 = 4]
[1d24 = 22]

And then from behind it
Tattattattattat
[1d20+2 = 14] [1d20+2 = 6] [1d20+2 = 9][1d20+2 = 16][1d20+2 = 18]
[1d5 = 4]

And from behind the trucks
Tattattattattat
[1d20 = 19]
Tattattattattat
[1d20 = 7]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141341
141343
>>141340
[1d20 = 3][1d20 = 1][1d20 = 1][1d20 = 3][1d20 = 16]

[6d8 = 38]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141342
141343
>>141340
>>141339
Instantly, two ponies are downed

Brisbuck:
"DROP DOWN!"

[4d6 = 22]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141343
141344
>>141342
>>141339
>>141341
Salt Lick is the third pony hit, and he is downed immediately
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141344
141345 141348
>>141343
Silver brings his SMG up, and fires a burst at the MG behind the truck.

Ratatatatatatata

[1d20+3 = 15] [1d20+3 = 19]
[1d20+3 = 22] [1d20+3 = 10]
[1d20+3 = 16] [1d20+3 = 14]
[1d20+3 = 21] [1d20+3 = 22]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141345
141346
>>141344
Do you mean one of the SMGs behind the truck, or the machine gun inside the building?
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141346
141347 141348 141354
>>141345
I thought it was an MG behind the truck, but yes, the SMG then.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141347
141349
>>141346
This one is a bit harder to hit, but Silver hits one, two, three, four shots on a drone leaning out from behind the truck
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141348
141350
>>141344
>>141346
The ponies try to shoot back. Not all of them manage to raise their weapons in time, but some do
[1d20 = 13] [1d4 = 4]
[1d20 = 15] [1d4 = 3]
[1d20 = 16] [1d4 = 4]

[1d20 = 10] [1d4 = 4]
[1d20 = 18] [1d4 = 2]
[1d20 = 18] [1d4 = 3]
[1d20 = 20] [1d4 = 4]

[1d20 = 20] [1d4 = 2]
[1d20 = 10] [1d4 = 3]
[1d20 = 15] [1d4 = 3]
[1d20 = 6] [1d4 = 2]

[1d20 = 15] [1d4 = 2]
[1d20 = 14] [1d4 = 3]
[1d20 = 12] [1d4 = 1]
[1d20 = 9] [1d4 = 1]
2847c37
?
No.141349
141350 141351 141354
[8d6 = 33]
>>141347
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141350
141351
>>141348
>>141349
[1d20 = 4] [2d8 = 9]
[1d20 = 16] [2d8 = 10]

[2d8 = 11]
[2d8 = 13]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141351
141352 141353
>>141349
>>141350
Perhaps half of the ponies who are not downed dive to the ground, while the other half return fire

A changeling that raised a machine gun on top of a truck is shot in the head. A number of bullets fly inside the dark, open window. A changeling with an SMG who was leaning out from behind the truck falls over, and sprawls out dead on the ground

[1d20+2 = 9][1d20+2 = 13][1d20+2 = 18]
[1d2 = 1]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141352
141353
>>141351
[1d20+2 = 4][1d20+2 = 21][1d20+2 = 12]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141353
141354
>>141352
>>141351
[4d6 = 18]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141354
141357
>>141346
>>141349
>>141353
From inside of the window, the fire from the machine gun has ceased. There is no fire from behind the ruck, although at least one drone has pulled back behind the truck

From inside, there are several shots from a drone who seems to pull back and away after firing.

Brisbuck is shot, and downed
746dc45
?
No.141355
141356
Sunset.jpg
sdfs
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141356
110-1107435_dontlink-bush-cute-hiding-safe-simple-background-my-little-pony-friendship-is.png
>>141355
Is this Amber or spam?
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141357
141359
>>141354
Silver shouts an order out over the sound of gunfire.

"GET LIEUTENANT OUT OF HERE!"

He then rushes over to face the changeling hiding behind the truck.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141359
141360
>>141357
Roll luck
2847c37
?
No.141360
141361 141363
[1d20 = 7]
>>141359
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141361
141362 141363
>>141360
A couple grenades are thrown in the direction of the truck
[1d20 = 20]
[1d20 = 15]
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141362
>>141361
Uh...I don't suppose he can get a reflex save?
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141363
141364
>>141361
>>141360
At least the grenades are refreshingly well placed, one of them bouncing off the truck behind the first, and one sliding under the truck.

Still, this makes running over to the trucks dangerous
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141364
141365
>>141363
Oh, they're friendly grenades. Okay, that's definitely better than what I was thinking. In that case, Silver goes to the window.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141365
141366 141380
>>141364
Shrapnel can't really be called "friendly," any more than the Equestrian-made rifles, carbines, pistols, and heavy machine guns that have been shooting at Silver can be called friendly. Still, Silver is able to look through the window.

The room is some sort of... well, actually it's kind of hard to tell what this room is, but there are a number of stainless steel cabinets, sinks, and refrigerators, as well as beakers and test tubes. The machine gun rested in part on a steel countertop with the end hanging off. There are ammunition boxes over to the left, an unfinished belt, and a very large amount of spent cartridges on the floor. More significant are the three corpses on the ground. One, which has a smeared trail of blood leading from closer to the machine gun, is over in the right corner under a steel table with a jar that holds milk, which looks like it has been left out too long with the solids beginning to settle. One is turned over to the left. And another is immediately underneath where the machinegun fell.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141366
141367
>>141365
Silver decides now is a good time to bust the door down and enter the facility, SMG at the ready.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141367
141368
>>141366
Kicking down the door, Silver sees a hallway with an open door at the end, and on the left.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141368
141370
>>141367
Silver gets up against the wall next to the door on the left, and peaks through it.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141370
141371
>>141368
>Left
This leads down a short hallway, ending in a room with large cylinders placed horizontally
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141371
141372
>>141370
Nothing here...

Silver then peaks in through the door at the end of the first hallwasy.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141372
141373
>>141371
This leads into a room with a few vats, and something like an assembly line with many bottles
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141373
141374
>>141372
Silver enters the room, head and gun on a swivel.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141374
141375
>>141373
Silver moves in, sees that there are stacks of milk bottles, partly open crates, and loading docks on the right.

No changelings thus far
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141375
>>141374
Silver decides to check in the crates.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141376
Fuck, Brisbuck! Silver needs to help him!
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141377
141380
Um...can we start back over from when Silver checked the window?
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141378
[1d20 = 20]

[1d20 = 7]
[1d20 = 14]
[1d20 = 19]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141380
141381
>>141377
Okay, Silver can go back to >>141365

On their own initiative, a number of ponies are going to the trucks
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141381
141382
>>141380
Great! Alright, of the injured ponies present, who looks to be the worst off?
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141382
141383
>>141381
All of them are terrible.

One riflestallion shot by the machine gun. One Riflestallion shot by a submachine gun from behind the truck. Saltlick shot by a submachine gun from enemy unknown inside the building. Brisbuck, evidently shot by the same enemy unknown.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141383
141384 141385
>>141382
Silver instructs other ponies to put pressure on the wounds of the riflestallions and Saltlick while he bandages Brisbuck first, and to tear up strips of clean clothing and bring them to him ASAP. While they do so, he tries to put pressure on Brisbuck's wounds to keep him from dying as well.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141384
141386
>>141383
Roll heal to stabilize
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141385
>>141383
[1d20 = 20]

[1d20 = 2]
2847c37
?
No.141386
141387
[1d20+5 = 21]
>>141384
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141387
141388
>>141386
Silver is able to stop the flow of blood, at least preventing Brisbuck from dying of shock immediately
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141388
141389
>>141387
Alright, onto Saltlick!
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141389
141390
>>141388
Saltlick is more badly wounded - a private in the grass has made a heroic effort to try to stop the flow of blood
2847c37
?
No.141390
141391
[1d20+5 = 19]
>>141389
Silver joins him in this effort.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141391
141392
>>141390
The bleeding is halted for now. Saltlick is shot three times, but at least he's not as likely to die of shock
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141392
141393 141397
>>141391
Giving the a chance to live until Firm Heart can take a look at them is just what Silver hopes for, though he's unsure how long he can keep the successes up.

Next he goes to the riflepony who was shot with an MG.
Anonymous
28cb7b6
?
No.141393
141394
>>141392
Let’s see,

[1d20 = 14] [1d20 = 5] [1d20 = 14] [1d20 = 12] [1d20 = 8]
[1d20 = 2] [1d20 = 7] [1d20 = 9] [1d20 = 13] [1d20 = 13]
[1d20 = 9] [1d20 = 8] [1d20 = 13] [1d20 = 16] [1d20 = 8]
Anonymous
28cb7b6
?
No.141394
141395
>>141393
Depending on the breaks...

[1d2 = 1]
[4d8 = 23]
Anonymous
28cb7b6
?
No.141395
141396
>>141394
[1d6 = 3] [1d6 = 3] [1d6 = 6] [1d6 = 4]
[1d3 = 1]
Anonymous
28cb7b6
?
No.141396
>>141395
[1d10 = 6]
Anonymous
28cb7b6
?
No.141397
141398
>>141392
The machine gun is an extremely deadly weapon, but it was operated by a drone not trained to use it.

There’s enough left for Silver to try.
2847c37
?
No.141398
141399
[1d20+5 = 23]
>>141397
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141399
141400
>>141398
The beige colored unicorn is as well treated as he can be for now. His wounds are very severe, however.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141400
141401
>>141399
Does he have enough for the other riflepony, at least to try?
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141401
141402
>>141400
There is indeed another riflepony, this one shot multiple times by a submachine gun. A pony next to him has tried to stop the bleeding.

Silver can try
2847c37
?
No.141402
141403
[1d20+5 = 14]
>>141401
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141403
141404 141405
>>141402
Silver does not succeed in stabilizing the riflepony
2847c37
?
No.141404
141405
[1d20+5 = 22]
>>141403
"Come on..."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141405
141406
>>141404
>>141403
If he can be saved, Silver has done what is needed
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141406
141407
>>141405
Silver sighs with some relief. He looks at the trucks to see if one is in a usable state.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141407
141408
>>141406
The one far away may be. But the one that is closer... Not so much. The tires are blown out. All windows are destroyed. There are numerous bullet holes on the front engine house, and the left headlight is destroyed
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141408
141410
>>141407
Silver goes over to the one that's further away to see if it has much damage. He also sees if it and the AT guns have tow hooks.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141409
141410
[4d6 = 14]
[4d6 = 16]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141410
141411
>>141409
>>141408
Passing behind and between the two trucks, Silver can see the drones who made a stand there.

On the far side away from Silver is a drone who fell over behind the truck. This is the drone who Silver shot with his submachine gun. A submachine gun lies in front of it. Behind the rear left wheel house is a drone who fell backwards, wearing an Equestrian non-commissioned officer's uniform, probably a first sergeant. A drone right next to the wheel house has a rifle propped up, and notably, wears bandages. On the ground a little besides the truck is a drone who is spread out on his back. He too, has bandages. In a pool of blood, laying on its side is a drone with a metal helmet strapped on, and a white leg band. This one seems to breath in and out in short, pained breaths, and seems to slowly drown in blue blood. Behind it and nearer the other truck, in the space between trucks, are two drones in Equestrian uniform who lie dead. One lies on its belly, and another is on its side, with its hind leg oddly stretched out. There are one, two, three rifles strewn about in odd locations. One of the rifles looks strangely mangled. Behind the wheel house of the truck are three changeling drones. The one furthest from the front of the truck has its back against the truck. It too, seems to move as if breathing, and it sits next to a rifle with a large white bandage around its neck. Next to it, behind the wheel house are two drones knocked backwards, and both of them have eyes, or even part of their heads blown off. Evidently changelings are green on the inside, and so is the concrete pavement. One of these has a machine gun laying over its body. The gun is almost as large as the drone. Belt links and spent cartridge cases litter the ground. There is a rifle that has fallen out in front of the truck.

Moving on, behind the first truck, are three changeling drones, all of them around either the engine house or the cabin. One around the end has a submachine gun near it, one lies dead next to the cabin, and a third between the two lays on its back as if staring into the darkening empty skies. Two more rifles lay nearby.

Both trucks - these are Equestrian logistics trucks, mind you - have tow hooks. The anti-tank gun, another 30 feet away with a limp drone near it and aa rifle propped up against its side, is clearly suitable for towing.
2847c37
?
No.141411
141412
[1d20+5 = 17]
>>141410
Silver does feel some remorse, looking at the carnage and the dead and dying changelings everywhere. Take away the strangely colored blood and the black chitinous exteriors, and they'd look exactly like ponies. After checking the truck, Silver trots up to the changeling with the metal helmet and the white leg band, unsure of what he can do but wanting to do something, anyway.

Heal: Using what he has on hoof, particularly clean strips of cloth ripped off of other dead changelings' uniforms, he attempts to stabilize this changeling and sit him upright.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141412
141413
>>141411
And green insides and vampirism. Don't forget those.

This creature is unique in two other ways. It has no bullet wounds, only shrapnel wounds, though these are very serious. It also is armed exclusively with a pistol, the only one he's encountered thus far - besides Forrester - thus armed. This is the only one, including Forrester, to have a Changeling make of pistol. It's probably best to move the pistol away from it as it seems to try to un-holster and pull out the pistol, although it can't do this because of weakness. It's also easy to move out of the line of sight of this creature as it cannot move its head.

There are multiple wounds on this creature, mostly smaller, so it isn't too difficult to bandage over the wounds. Sitting it upright is a little harder, as it lacks something to prop up against. The widespread wounds make it a bit more difficult to keep the wounds above the level of where its heart probably is, especially as it has wounds on its stomach. Like most changelings, it has a bag.

The creature makes a gurgling hiss at Silver as he touches it.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141413
141414
>>141412
Indeed he does toss the pistol to the side, and indeed he keeps out of line of sight of his face, but he slowly and carefully drags the changeling to prop him up against the truck. He hopes what he did helps. When the creature hisses, he responds despite the good chance that the drone can't understand.

"If I wanted to harm you, I would have killed you already, chitinous one."

Once Silver is done with that and is satisfyed that the drone will stay sat up against the truck, he goes to the other wounded changeling to examine his own wounds.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141414
141415
>>141413
This one also wears a helmet and stares straight forward. It looks as if this creature has already been bandaged and propped upright. It has a bandage around its neck, but also bleeds from new, smaller wounds.

There is a small syringe-edged tube next to it.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141415
141416
>>141414
Silver picks up the syringe with his magic, and brings it up to examine it.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141416
141417
>>141415
The small device is maybe three inches in length with a long needle in the fore that resembles a hypodermic needle, and a smaller tube that is squeezed out. The tube is white and has markings on it, and though one of the symbols resembles a lambda, nothing is legible in ponish.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141417
141418
>>141416
"Huh. Must be medicine. You looked patched up, at least. I do not think you will die if I left you along. Or, at least I do not think so."

Silver gets up, and returns to his ponies.

"Alright, I have plan for after we finish up here, but we have job to do first. We need to clear this building quickly, make sure we have found location of cocooned ponies and that there are no changelings. Understood?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141418
141419
>>141417
Whereas the drone Silver placed against the truck seems to make an effort to move its head to look at Silver, this one only stares straight ahead, still bleeding from small wounds.

"Sir, Yes Sir."

Amber Grain is in the fore, as are the few remaining NCOs. Silver has more than 20 remaining soldiers, including all three light machine gun crews.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141419
141420
>>141418
Silver pulls out his SMG.

"We will split into two groups. One group will remain out here to keep watch over our wounded, while other will join me in clearing plant methodically. Can I get any volunteers to join me?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141420
141421
>>141419
Not everypony volunteers, but several do.

These include Sleetfall and cornflake, as well as the black colt, and the pink Pegasus corporal of A squad. Silver is able to sort out fourteen or so volunteers.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141421
141423
>>141420
Silver nods, glad for this development.

"Alright, keep your eyes and ears open. You will know cocoons when you see them. Rest of you, stay here and guard our wounded."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141423
141424
>>141421
"Yes Sir."

Silver is ready to proceed
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141424
141425
>>141423
Silver enters the building cautiously, SMG at the ready for any sign of changeling remnants. Seeing the split fork in the hallway, he motions for his group to once again split, with one half going to the left and the other led by him going straight.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141425
141426
>>141424
Silver is followed by the black colt and Sleetfall. The pink Pegasus leads the group off to the left.

Silver enters a room with a small assembly line that evidently bottles milk, a door on the right, and a number of bottles.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141426
141427
>>141425
Silver wonders to himself how long the milk here has sat, and if it might be any good to drink still. He tries the door on the right.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141427
141428
>>141426
This door opens directly to the trucks, where Silver was a minute ago.

Note that to the left of this door is a loading bay with a closed freight door
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141428
141429
>>141427
"Hmm..."

Silver tries the freight door.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141429
141430
>>141428
This door opens up, and lines out approximately with the anti-tank gun outside

Silver can see that there are some crates on the ground nearby both inside and out, that contain not simply bottles, but what look like cans of carrots.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141430
141431
>>141429
"Huh. If nothing else, we have found dinner."

Just in case, Silver looks deeper in one of the crates, moving cans of food aside to make sure the changelings weren't trying to be crafty by hiding cocoons underneath the carrots.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141431
141432
>>141430
The crate seems to be among some left by the supply, as it stands out among the items inside. It is too small to hold a pony
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141432
141433
>>141431
Satisfied, Silver leaves the crates alone to continue his search. He goes back to the assembly line, taking a more thorough look through the room.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141433
141434
>>141432
Looking away, Silver can see that behind the bottling line and equipment there is another line with jugs, as well as bottles, and a line of steel pipes above the gap between the two lines. There is a white colored wall at the end of the room with the words "Bottling Area" in red above them, perhaps fifty feet away. The bottling line is long and dominated by steel equipment. Actually, everything is dominated by shiny chrome steel. Beyond the line silver can see the tops of cylindrical tanks and masses of piping.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141434
141459 141461
>>141433
Silver trots over to the tanks and piping to see if there's anything of interest.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141459
141461 141470
>>141434
Roll for initiative

[1d20+5 = 6]
[1d20+5 = 6]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141461
141470
>>141459
>>141434
Silver hears the sound of metal clanking against metal, and can see two black metal guns - both, submachine guns, each edging out from behind a four foot wide stainless steel cylindrical tank.
2847c37
?
No.141470
141472 141474 141475 141478
[1d20+4 = 17]
>>141459
>>141461
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141472
141474 141475 141477 141478
>>141470
Silver shouts out:

"CHANGELINGS!"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141474
141475 141482
>>141472
>>141470
At minimum, Silver can see that there are two in front of him, each a little to his right (Silver must have moved far to the left of the room to look around the line). Silver can hide or use the steel assembly line for cover. The two Changelings, one over to the right and another closer to the left, are barely looking out from behind the steel tanks, with only the edges of heads visible.

There is a discharge of Tattattattat, evidently accidentally, angled towards the ground, with the sounds of bullets bouncing across the concrete.

[1d20 = 7]
[1d20 = 19]
[1d20 = 15]
[1d20 = 7]
[1d20 = 6]
[1d20 = 19]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141475
141477 141482
>>141470
>>141474
>>141472
A rifle cracks and a machine gun's "Changchangchang" goes off

[1d20+1 = 14]

[1d20 = 11] [1d20 = 15] [1d20 = 20] [1d20 = 14] [1d20 = 9]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141477
141478 141482
>>141472
>>141475
On one of the two tanks, deformations appear in the steel and white liquid splashes out, before beginning a pour. More important, a single round hits true on the creature on the right

[1d20 = 18] [2d8 = 10]

Silver's turn, for both attack and movement if desired
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141478
141482
>>141477
>>141472
>>141470
The drone on the right is hit in the head, his helmet thrown back, and falling to the left and out in the open. His helmet follows with him.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141482
141483
>>141474
>>141475
>>141477
>>141478
Silver aims his SMG at the remaining changeling, and fires a burst.

Ratatatatata

[1d20+4 = 23] [1d20+4 = 20]
[1d20+4 = 10] [1d20+4 = 11]
[1d20+4 = 5] [1d20+4 = 23]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141483
141484
>>141482
A shot hits the steel tank and scarcely dents it, forming a tiny trickle of a leak. Another bounces against the side and deflects off, while another flies past to the back of the room.

But one, two, three shots hit the drone, who is partly exposed
2847c37
?
No.141484
141485
[6d6 = 23]
>>141483
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141485
141486
>>141484
The creature slumps down to the ground, falling backwards, and dropping its submachinegun, which first lands on the drone itself, then hits the ground
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141486
141487
>>141485
Silver stays on alert for a few seconds afterwards, keeping a watch for any more changelings.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141487
141489
>>141486
Does silver stay in position behind the assembly line?
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141489
141491
>>141487
Yes.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141491
141495
>>141489
>>141489
No more changelings appear. It seems that these were the only two in the sprawling pipes
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141495
141496
>>141491
Silver relaxes, and looks down at his SMG.

"I can see why these are so popular, now."

Curious, he goes over to smell at the white liquid pouring out of the tank.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141496
141499
>>141495
Milk. Pasteurized. It's at an comfortable temperature above that of refrigeration, but below room temperature.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141499
141501
>>141496
Silver decides that, instead of letting it all go to waste, he'll try using a large milk container to capture the stream of milk.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141501
141505
>>141499
Getting a bottle off the line is simple enough, just place it in the line of the pouring milk.

From behind, more ponies come up

"We got those bastards!"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141505
141509 141510
>>141501
Silver turns to face the ponies, smiles, and nods.

"That we did. One less group of changelings to deal with."

He decides to check behind the mass of pipes that had concealed the changelings for anything of note.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141509
141510 141511
>>141505
This area holds a number of pipes and more tanks, it ends in a wall, the area to the left is open, and...

Crack
[1d20+2 = 7]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141510
141511
>>141509
>>141505
A rifle shot rings out from the left, going wide and evidently planting into the right wall
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141511
141513
>>141509
>>141510
Silver turns to face the left, SMG at the ready.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141513
141514
>>141511
Another note: more wide and low vats exist in front of Silver

The drone that shot at Silver has evidently moved back out of line of sight behind a wall to the left. But to the left, Silver sees something: Cocoons. These are all white in color, and barely stand out with a white wall in the back, and low, wide stainless steel cylindrical vats in the fore. There are maybe a dozen visible, between the vats. Pink, red, green and yellow forms are visible through the translucent white
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141514
141517
>>141513
Silver keeps his SMG aimed down sights as he slowly advances on the changeling's position. He shouts out again.

"Found cocoons and one changeling guarding then. Rifle. I need backup."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141517
141519
>>141514
A pony slides in behind Silver, then another, and another.

From further away, Silver can hear a,
Tattattat
Chinching Crack
And a loud BANG

As Silver slowly advances inward
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141518
141520
>>140529 →
I think we left off here.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141519
141520 141521
>>141517
Silver rounds the corner quickly now that he has backup, SMG pointed forwards.
Anonymous
52a7121
?
No.141520
141521 141522 141523 141530
>>141518
Miskobag is still alive and conscious in the coffin. He tries to stand up.

Spark has the same challenge of how to move the wolves around

>>141519
Crack
A rifle shot
[1d20+2 = 21]

This room has much larger horizontal cylinders, some of which narrow into cones, and all of which are connected by very large steel pipes. A few of these are red. This room ends in a wall that cuts that side in half, and ends in a steel door that is closed behind the creatures in front of it.

Silver sees five changeling drones in total.

One stands tall and in the center. A drone in Equestrian commissioned officer's uniform, looks like a first lieutenant. This drone holds a submachinegun up in an aura of blue magic. What is most notable about this drone is the blue metal helmet it wears, that covers part of the way down the face, covers the cheeks, and extends outwards with mandible-like ends around the mouth.

There are four other drones, everyone of which has bandages and wears no uniform, appearing rather as naked black chitinous creatures with bags and bandages. One on the right carries a submachine gun. Two, nearer the center, have picked up carbines. And one, who has backed himself into a corner, sits down with a rifle.

Roll for initiative

[1d20+2 = 21]
[1d20+1 = 5]
[1d20 = 14]
[1d20 = 15]

[1d20 = 3]
[1d20 = 20]
[1d20 = 2]
Anonymous
52a7121
?
No.141521
141522
>>141520
>>141519
Silver is hit with a rifle bullet
[2d8 = 14]
2847c37
?
No.141522
141523 141525 141526 141527 141528
[1d20+4 = 18]
>>141520
>>141521
Silver is shot poing blank in the chest, the bullet ripping through flesh and internal organs that have already taken a significant toll from the earlier combat. There's a lot of blood, a grunt of pain, and he staggers backwards from the force of the shot, but he manages to keep himself upright.
Anonymous
52a7121
?
No.141523
141525
>>141522
>>141520
The drone in the center shoots first
[1d20+3 = 22] [1d20+3 = 20] [1d20+3 = 12]
Anonymous
52a7121
?
No.141525
141526
>>141523
>>141522
The drone seems to miss Silver, or so he seems, until a pony who jumped further into the room behind Silver is considered
[4d6 = 19]
Anonymous
52a7121
?
No.141526
141527
>>141525
>>141522
The pony behind Silver falls. Another pony - who also jumped behind Silver - aims his rifle, and fires
[1d20+1 = 14]
Anonymous
52a7121
?
No.141527
141528
>>141526
>>141522
Hitting the drone on the right,
[2d8 = 9]
Anonymous
52a7121
?
No.141528
141531
>>141527
>>141522
This drone drops his submachine gun, stands straight up for a moment, and then falls

Silver's turn
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141530
141532
>>141520
Well, wolves are in this city. Could we not pass as a lowly funeral?
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141531
141532 141538 141539
>>141528
Silver, in a rage, lets out an almost inpony "WRAAAAAAGH!" as he fires a long burst point blank into the lead changeling in the center. His shout almost drowns out the sound of his SMG.

Ratatatatatatata

[1d20+3 = 16] [1d20+3 = 5]
[1d20+3 = 14] [1d20+3 = 6]
[1d20+3 = 5] [1d20+3 = 15]
[1d20+3 = 14] [1d20+3 = 16]
Anonymous
52a7121
?
No.141532
141533 141535
>>141530
The doctor blinks

"I mean.... it's not ordinary, but... maybe?"

>>141531
At least three shots land on the drone, with several more making loud ricochet noises off the wall and the door
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141533
141534
>>141532
"Sounds good enough to work to me."
Anonymous
52a7121
?
No.141534
141537
>>141533
He shrugs

"Let's do it"
2847c37
?
No.141535
141536
>>141532
2847c37
?
No.141536
141538 141540
[6d6 = 12]
>>141535
Messed that up.
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141537
141538
>>141534
Spark leads the party towards the hospital.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141538
141539 141544
>>141531
>>141536
[1d2 = 2]
[1d2 = 1]

>>141537
The doctor recommends storing the rifle under Miskobag, which Miskobag doesn't like, and Waabishki can't persuade him to part with it. It takes a while to sort this issue out, until it's "sort of covered" next to Miskobag.

The lid is closed, and the ponies and wolves proceed like pallbearers with the coffin on their backs. Some ponies look at the strange sight, but nopony intervenes
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141539
141540
>>141531
>>141538
One of the other two shots lands, for additional damage
[2d6 = 7]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141540
141541 141542 141543
>>141536
>>141539
And the drone, still staring at Silver drops his submachine gun, then his hind legs collapse, and finally his front limbs split as he falls down, still looking towards Silver

The two drones fire the carbines
[1d20 = 20] [1d20 = 13]
[1d20 = 20] [1d20 = 15]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141541
141542 141543
>>141540
[1d20 = 16] [2d6 = 9]
[1d20 = 11] [2d6 = 5] [2d6 = 11]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141542
>>141541
>>141540
Both ponies with Silver collapse, leaving him alone

Silver's turn
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141543
141545 141547
>>141540
>>141541
[1d20+1 = 19]
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141544
141547
File (hide): 0B3C4524A74D2819D33B4210E298EF55-5173476.webm (4.9 MB, Resolution:1920x1080 Length:00:00:19, riptwiggles.webm) [play once] [loop]
riptwiggles.webm
>>141538
And so the procession goes on.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141545
141546
>>141543
Silver takes aim at one of the remaining drones, firing another burst, slightly shorter burst.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141546
141547
>>141545
Ratatatatata

[1d20+4 = 23] [1d20+4 = 12]
[1d20+4 = 8] [1d20+4 = 11]
[1d20+4 = 19] [1d20+4 = 5]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141547
141548 141549 141552
File (hide): 2327ED9D62FDF1406C3F0E2DB750E883-9598839.webm (9.2 MB, Resolution:320x240 Length:00:02:34, 2395616.webm) [play once] [loop]
2395616.webm
>>141544
Now how did I know that meme would come in?

The creatures exit the train station through a grand hallway, past some shops and towards the nearest exit, getting some stares (but no questions) along the way. They walk out into the cold and windy street.

>>141546
>>141543
Silver hits one of the two drones twice.

Meanwhile, a pony comes charging in, running towards the other drone
[1d20+3 = 13]
2847c37
?
No.141548
141549 141550
[4d6 = 16]
>>141547
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141549
141550
>>141547
>>141548
Silver downs the creature immediately

The other drone is skewered by a pony's bayonet
[1d6+3 = 9]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141550
141551
>>141548
>>141549
Both drones are downed, and the last one pushes away its rifle, and attempts to hide behind a piece of equipment in the corner.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141551
141553
>>141550
Silver feels an extraordinary pain in his chest with every breath he takes, but still he gives the remaining pony an order while he checks on the status of his fallen comrades.

"Keep your rifle on him, do not let him move!"
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141552
141555
>>141547
What all is along the street?
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141553
141554
>>141551
All three are severely wounded - one with a single bullet wound to the neck, and two with two pistol or carbine shots

"I can stab him" The private says
2847c37
?
No.141554
141555
[1d20+5 = 16]
>>141553
Silver groans out an order.

"He is surrendered, and he did not kill anypony. Let him live, but do not let him move."

Heal: Silver tries to set aside his own pain as he tends to the most critically wounded of his downed ponies, the one who was shot through the neck.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141555
141556 141561
>>141552
First, walking through the station, the creatures go up and into a long, wide hallway with an arched roof. This exits them into an upper, railed level with a view into a two-story grand hall entrance room with stone walls, tile floors, and a patterned high-roof. To either side of the grand hall are a ticket station, and some sort of office, as well as hallways that lead away from the hall. Going down the staircase (carefully with the coffin), there are coffee shops and other sorts of stores behind them, before getting to brass framed revolving doors. Of course this will not work, so they go over towards a double door that they open, and go done stone steps, with doric columns at the end of the row of the steps.

On the road, they see that the train station is located on the edge of a river - to their left now - with a number of two and three story buildings spaced apart in most directions. Snow covers the roads and indeed everything, though there are many worn black tracks on the roads. The sky is grey, and a cold wind blows.

>>141554
The blood flow is stopped, and he is placed up against a wall
2847c37
?
No.141556
141557
[1d20+5 = 22]
>>141555
Heal: Next is the pony who was shot with an SMG.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141557
141558
>>141556
The flow of bleeding is stopped
2847c37
?
No.141558
141559
[1d20+5 = 25]
>>141557
Heal: And, finally, the one shot by the carbine twice.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141559
141560
>>141558
Silver stops the flow of bleeding, and gets this patient upright and stabilized
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141560
141562
>>141559
With this taken care of, Silver gets up, gasping for air and struggling to breath properly. He trots over to the private watching over the cowering drone.
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141561
141562
>>141555
"Know which way to go, doctor?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141562
141563 141572
>>141560
The drone looks back towards Silver, sitting upright and with bandages where the chest connects to what would be the belly. It's lips are pulled all the way up, showing overly sharp teeth in what appears to be a smile, and a rather awkward one at that

"Silwar Saword?"

>>141561
"Well..."
He looks to the left, over the bridge, at the river, and the train tracks besides the river, and then to the right at the houses and brick apartment buildings that stretch on.

"Not really, but across the river is Riverpool, so it must be to our right."
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141563
141564
>>141562
"As good of a lead as any."
Spark leads them right.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141564
141565
>>141563
The ponies walk on

Waabishki
"This is kind of heavy...
And
"You ponies live in places like these?"
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141565
141566
>>141564
"Some do. I prefer the rural life, but small towns and farms don't offer services such as magic schooling and research on the level you can find in such places."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141566
141567
>>141565
Waabishki

"Magic schooling? Research? For what?"
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141567
141568
>>141566
"Spells. Unicorns don't just know how to do all types of magic from birth. You have to find what magic you are good at and learn how to use it. And then there are magical artifacts and history of unicorns of ages past and how they experimented with magic. Fascinating topics."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141568
141569
>>141567
She looks away

"I suppose. If you lack teeth and claws, and a natural sense of what is around you..."
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141569
141570
>>141568
"Heh. We certainly do lack those. But perhaps that is why ponies need to befriend those that have those."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141570
141571
>>141569
Makade interrupts

"Ponies have not been so friendly."
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141571
141573
>>141570
"That is our fault. I hope to be able to make up for those mistakes."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141572
141573
>>141562
It takes Silver but a moment to recognize this changeling, and upon doing so he plants a forehoof firmly against his forehead and lets out a groan of both pain and frustration. Even if he can not speak a word of Ponish, the drone can probably understand what Silver says next just from the tone in his voice.

"You have got to be kidding me..."

He turns to the private.

"One of logistic ponies from 332nd we brought on bored can speak Changeling. He is wearing metal helmet and is using carbine. You know if he stayed behind at Town Hall, or did he march with us?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141573
141574 141633
>>141571
Makade looks similarly skeptical,

"A lot to make up for"

Waabishki looks over to Makade
"Hush."

Then Waabishki looks back to Spark

"So where is this place? This is hard to carry."

>>141572
"I think all of the ponies from the 332nd stayed at Town Hall, with Firm Heart."
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141574
141575
>>141573
Spark scans his surroundings for the hospital.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141575
141576
>>141574
Roll two luck dies
0ce3bcc
?
No.141576
141577 141578
[2d20 = 20]
>>141575
Rolling twice
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141577
141578
>>141576
I thought it would show both rolls. What is the command for two separate dice?
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141578
141579
>>141576
Hmmm....

>>141577
Inline dice is the only thing that is possible now

You have to type out [ 1 d 20 ]
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141579
141580
>>141578
[1d20 = 12] [1d20 = 14]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141580
141581
>>141579
No hospital is seen. There is, however, a street sign: Gusty Avenue
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141581
141582
>>141580
"Not far now. If you want to take a break, I'm sure we can rest once we get out of the wind."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141582
141583 141584
>>141581
Getting out of the wind is determined most of all by buildings. While some avenues have wind that blow straight through them, those going the opposite direction have buildings blocking the wind. There are some ponies outside, and some vehicles, but it's rather few, almost surprisingly so. The area becomes more dense, with some shops on the buildings. Brick architecture dominates, with many buildings three or four or more stories in height.
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141583
141584
>>141582
With no real direction for Spark to follow, he heads to the nearest street turn off to get out of the wind.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141584
141585
>>141582
>>141583
Some ponies look over at this, stand for a moment, and then look away

Waabishki tries to set the coffin down, followed by the doctor.

Makade:
"We could go further." Then when it is set down
"Or not..."
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141585
141586
>>141584
"We will go further once everypony's strength has returned. It wouldn't be wise to tire to the point of dropping him."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141586
141587
>>141585
From within the coffin, Miskobag:
"Are we there?"

Waabishki:
"Not Yet."
She turns to Spark
"How far are we?"
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141587
141588
>>141586
"I don't have a map. Perhaps the locals can point it out."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141588
141589
>>141587
Waabishki:
"Perhaps, if your friendship gets you as far as you claim."
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141589
141590
>>141588
Spark nods and looks for a pony to ask.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141590
141591
>>141589
A grey earth pony in a fur-edged coat and wearing a trapper hat is available

Roll diplomacy Charisma check
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141591
141592
>>141590
[1d20+3 = 12]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141592
141593
>>141591
He looks over at the procession strangely, and turns his head away at an angle

"I suppose you're new to this city. The hospital is about six blocks down until you get to Red Trout, then go until you get to Tarruga, take a right, then you'll know when you see it on the left."
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141593
141594
>>141592
"Thanks."
Spark relays the information to his friends.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141594
141595
>>141593
"You betcha"
But the pony proceeds onwards, away from the group.

The doctor:
"I think I could find it from Tarruga."

Waabishki:
"So how far away is it?"

Makade:
"Let us get moving."
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141595
141596
>>141594
"Just a little further now. We are practically there."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141596
141597
>>141595
"Okay..."
All four ponies pick it back up again

Roll 2 D20's
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141597
141598
>>141596
[1d20 = 7] [1d20 = 19]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141598
141599
>>141597
Spark proceeds down Gusty Avenue just fine, and the same down Red Trout.

Spark comes to his first questionable area after intersecting Tarruga. Spark can see that there is a simple barricade with an armored car behind it forming a checkpoint, and at least three changeling drones manning it. The checkpoint is actually in a different direction from the hospital, at least according to the directions, but it's an unsettling sight behind them

Roll 1d20
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141599
141600
>>141598
[1d20 = 12]
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141600
141601
>>141599
There seem to be remarks from the drones, but nothing that can't be ignored.

Spark and friends(?) proceed down the road. As the pony on the streets told them there is a large building of brick and windows at least four stories tall on the left, with a road leading up to what seems to be an entrance

The doctor
"Yes. That's it."
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141601
141602
>>141600
I have a feeling that I am missing out on a lot because of the dice.

Spark heads towards the building.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141602
141603
>>141601
If by "missing out on," you mean being stopped by military police, receiving wrong directions, or getting lost, then you're right.

Don't worry. Dumb luck alone can't get Spark through the next section

Spark and crew arrive at the entrance of the hospital. A couple ponies outside, walking by, stop and stare at the procession
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141603
141604
>>141602
"Well, now we need to find a means to make a wolf in a coffin needing medical attention not raise any alarm. Any chance you can work some inter-profession charm, doctor?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141604
141605
>>141603
"Uh..." He smiles awkwardly
"It's going to be hard to explain a coffin going through the front entrance."
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141605
141606
>>141604
"Think we can unload our friend without any more eyes on us and perhaps use a medical stretcher to bring him in?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141606
141607
>>141605
"That... well I don't know where to unload him, but I can definitely say that he'll attract much less attention on a stretcher."
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141607
141608
>>141606
Spark looks towards the side of the building. Is it more hidden from view of ponies?
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141608
141609
>>141607
It definitely looks like there could be some areas. There is a loading dock, and much further back, there is a walled in little building with large smoke stacks that, in anycase, has bricks around it. There is also a small area recessed into the ground with stairs leading to it that evidently goes down to an entrance to a basement, or some kind of subterranean level. All of these require the creatures to move in front of windows that are above and could theoretically see it, although the basement entrance is closest, and the wall is furthest away. The wall has the most cover for the actual activity
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141609
141610
>>141608
He motions the wolves towards the wall.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141610
141611
>>141609
It's another long movement of several hundred feet across grass and the procession would look very odd to any outsider, but the creatures make it there. There are three sides, absent actually entering
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141611
141612
>>141610
Spark looks for anypony that might be spying on their plan.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141612
141613 141614
>>141611
A pony crosses the street, but it's simple enough to wait them out. It's impossible to say what is seen from windows, as these are black tinted.

The wall on the left side from the road, and nearest the ponies, is the most visible to windows. The wall next to the road is most visible from the road.
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141613
141614
>>141612
It is worth the risk of exposing what somepony might see in the window as chances are, it is a sick pony that can't do much to alert anypony to what is happening.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141614
141615
>>141613
>>141612
Spark goes perhaps behind the wall, or in the segment in front of them.

Waabiski, then the doctor, and then Makade set the coffin down. It's Miskobag himself who opens the lid

"Are we here? Why are still outside?"

Makade:
"What if this had been a search! Play dead!"

Waabishki:
"Not yet. But we are going to move you into.... what did you call it?"

Doctor:
"A stretcher"

Miskobag
"After travelling in that, heh, I'd love a chance to stretch"
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141615
141616
>>141614
"They will accept us in without question if we put him on the stretcher. Don't worry."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141616
141617
>>141615
Now Spark must obtain a stretcher

A small argument breaks out over the rifle. Makade tries to pick it up

The doctor
"Where are you going to hide that? You can't be seen with that."

Waabishki
"Why did you bring that?"

Makade:
"I'm not going anywhere unarmed, especially far from home"

Waabishki
"Just put it away"

Makade:
"Well it can't stay here"
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141617
141618
>>141616
"The rifle can stay in the coffin because nopony will move a coffin. We will be right back to collect it. If you must, you may stand guard at the coffin."
Spark heads inside the hospital and asks for a stretcher.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141618
141619
>>141617
Makade bears his teeth, not liking this answer, but Spark is on his way.

"A stretcher... What for? Where are you from?"
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141619
141620
>>141618
"I'm just trying to help my friend. He has a lot of swelling and can't move."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141620
141621
>>141619
Bluff check
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141621
141622
>>141620
[1d20+3 = 19]
Not sure why it is a bluff, but ok.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141622
141623
>>141621
Spark needs to persuade her to give a pony outside of the organization a stretcher.

Anyways, the grey earth pony mare tells Spark,
"Oh. Well if it's urgent, we have some in that room there. On the left, down the hall."
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141623
141624
>>141622
Spark obtains the stretcher.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141624
141625
>>141623
Spark takes the stretcher out and brings it to the creatures

Miskobag actually is standing at the moment, but he seems fine to move into the stretcher when it comes
"I can walk... But stairs... that may be a challenge."

Makade places the rifle next to Miskobag - or tries to - trying to hide it under his fur. This action displeases Miskobag and the doctor.
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141625
141626
>>141624
"We won't get very far with the rifle there. It is best if you hold onto it Makade. Just don't get spotted with it."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141626
141627
>>141625
"And how will I hide it?" He asks
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141627
141628
>>141626
"It might be hard to hide, but the coffin has worked thus far. If you can think of a reason we can convince the ponies to let us in with it, then we can bring it along."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141628
141629
>>141627
"The coffin? I don't know what would make them let you bring that inside."
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141629
141630
>>141628
"Hmm... maybe there is a box of medical supplies?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141630
141631
>>141629
"If you could get something inside the hospital that could help us hide a long rifle..." He says
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141631
141632
>>141630
"Any ideas doctor?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141632
141674
>>141631
"Well... a coat... or... maybe a box of the right shape?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141633
141634
>>141573
Silver lets out a sigh.

"Alright. Go back and tell others that we have wounded, I will stay here and watch changeling."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141634
141635
>>141633
"Yes Sir."
Silver remains in watch over the creature, as the private lopes away
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141635
141636
>>141634
Silver returns to watching this same changeling he helped earlier. He knocks the rifle away, just in case. He points at the changeling's bandaged abdomen.

"It is ironic. I pull bullet out of you..."

He points to the fresh bullet hole in him, still hurting like hell and still making it painful to breathe.

"...you put bullet it me."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141636
141637
>>141635
The creature maintains its eyes on Silver. It pulls its lips even further back, and it tries to scoot backwards towards the wall.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141637
141638
>>141636
He chuckles lightly, and shakes his head.

"I know you can not understand me, but when you said you were going to find other group of changelings, I thought you would go back to front."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141638
141639
>>141637
The creature blinks, with diagonal eyelids, and finds the wall with its back.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141639
141640
>>141638
Silver scratches his chin, trying to think of ways to communicate with this changeling but failing. He instead decides to whistle a tune while he watches the drone and waits for some ponies to get back and take his wounded compatriots away.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141640
141641
>>141639
A pony Silver can quickly recognize as Amber Grain walks in,

"Klutzy"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141641
141642
>>141640
"Draconequus."

He rubs the area around his new gunshot wound, wincing.

"I need to stop nearly dying. I have more than filled my quota for today."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141642
141643
>>141641
"Good to see you're still alive sir, and indeed I think we've all filled our quota. Is this the last of the Changeling positions?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141643
141644
>>141642
"I would hope. It seemed like there was more than there aught to be here, but we still need to check grain elevator to see if there are still changelings there."

He gets up from his previously seated position, with no small amount of effort.

"Nng...even if there are, I do not plan on sending our ponies in there. I have different, better plan."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141644
141645
>>141643
"Even a single Changeling on Equestrian soil is more than there ought to be."

Amber looks down at Silver's wound

"The Grain Elevator is compromised? What do you have in mind?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141645
141646
>>141644
It's a nasty wound, rifle-caliber and punching straight through his chest. It's a wonder how he's still alive, let alone conscious.

"Using our mortar and at least one of those AT guns to blast grain elevator to rubble, if changeling position is still there."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141646
141647
>>141645
He stares down at it

"Well, that's definitely the safest option. We've lost too many ponies today."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141647
141648
>>141646
He nods, and lets out a little wince as he takes a breath.

"That we did. I do not plan on losing any more of our ponies. Have you heard anything from Mild Mill or Hazelred yet? I saw that shell hit their position."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141648
141649
>>141647
"Yes. They came up and met with us outside the facility. It was a bit of a tense moment, with Mills forgetting the password, but we sorted it out."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141649
141650
>>141648
Silver sighs in relief.

"Спасибо Селестии. I was worried when I saw top of church tower just disappear..."

He looks down at the wounded but stabilized soldiers.

"I do not suppose you brought other ponies? These three need to be brought someplace safe, and I have changeling prisoner I need to escort."

He silently adds in "...again." under his breath.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141650
141651
>>141649
"No, they hit the steeple above him. When that happened, he figured they had his location and ran out of there along with Hazelred, who I'm told, was almost dragged. Maybe the Changelings were just firing at random and got darn lucky, because they didn't shoot that position again. Still, his shots caused the Changelings to think they were being flanked, and to keep a portion of their soldiers out of the battle until it was already too late."

He too, looks at these wounded ponies.
"Well, we're trying to get a truck working to take the wounded back to town hall. I'm not entirely sure how that's going. Privates Marsh Grass and Silent Spring made an almost heroic effort to take a wounded pony back to the town hall on their own already."

Then he looks down to the drone
"Why don't you just shoot it?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141651
141652
>>141650
He looks at the drone as well.

"Despite fact that he is reason I have very big hole in me, I am only pony he shot, and I am still alive. And despite that changelings probably would not show such mercy...it would leave bad taste in my mouth to shoot enemy who has already surrendered."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141652
141653
image.png
>>141651
"Are you sure? I think I would have shot him already... But you are the Platoon Commander now, Silver Sword."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141653
141654
>>141652
He chuckles, though there's remorse to it.

"I hope not for long, and that Lieutenant makes speedy recovery. It also means you are now my second-in-command."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141654
141655
An event that was omitted, but should have happened, was the door opposite Silver's last position being opened, the corpse of a drone being pushed aside in the process, and the pink pegasus pony walking through.

>>141653
"Indeed it does." He says, smiling for just a moment, before the smile is removed. "Let us pray for the swift recovery of all. Come now, let us go see if they've got it working."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141655
141656
>>141654
Silver nods, turns to the drone, and gives him an order to stand up and start following him. He turns to Amber immediately afterwards.

"Follow drone so he does not get any funny ideas."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141656
141657
>>141655
"Alright, let's get this roach upright"
He moves closer in, and using a rifle, makes a waving motion to get up, and then pokes him with a bayonet just to emphasize the point.

The ponies go outside, to hear the sound of a diesel engine and to see an attempt at loading the wounded into the back of the truck.

Silver sees the private from earlier, and the pink pegasus corporal. They have with them the one daffodil colored private who helped translate before. He keeps his limbs tight together.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141657
141658
>>141656
"Ah, good, you are here. I need to talk with our 'friend' again."

While he says this, he looks to where he left the other two wounded changelings, already having an idea what might have happened to them in his absense.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141658
141659
>>141657
The first drone, the one Silver set against the truck, is still there, propped up and notably without any bayonet wounds. The second one, the one with the bandage around the neck, is missing from its position.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141659
141660
>>141658
"Hmm..."

Silver quickly returns to the matter at hoof, and looks at the daffodil-colored stallion.

"I am sorry about dragging you all way out here, but I would appreciate it if you would translate for me again."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141660
141661
>>141659
"Um... Okay..."

His eyes dart around at the scene before him
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141661
141662
>>141660
Silver notices this, and decides to lead the drone and the pony away from the scene of carnage, so they can have a quieter conversation without eavesdroppers.

"When you said you were going to find other group of changelings, I thought you would be going back to changeling side of front."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141662
141663
>>141661
The private speaks to the drone, and then Silver gets the reply:

"This was much closer."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141663
141664
>>141662
"Yes. And also our next target, after retaking telephone office. I thought that would be obvious."

He points to the hole in his chest.

"You know, I am rather cross about this."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141664
141665
>>141663
He maintains the awkward smile for another several seconds, until that slowly fades to a more angry, determined expression.

Then he starts yelling. The private doesn't have any difficulty in translating it word for word, almost as it is spoken, and his soft, almost intimidated voice contrasts strongly with the creature in front of him.

"The other drones in my squad - my whole platoon - died so that our brothers in the mountains may live. I ran away. I surrendered. If I had set the grenade off, it could have helped the night attacks. Their deaths may have meant something. Now, my brothers will die in greater numbers because I was weak."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141665
141666
>>141664
Silver doesn't falter in the face of the drone's anger, but inside the unicorn knows it's justified.

"I will not belittle you, your brothers, and what you have accomplished. You are fighting for your country and your people, just as we are. And, from that perspective, you and your brothers have already done much here to help changeling war effort."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141666
141667
>>141665
There is a pause before the translator starts to speak, whether because the words are more difficult, or because he needs a moment to process it.

The drone must need time as well, because he is silenced, at least for the immediate time being, by Silver's words in reply.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141667
141668
>>141666
Satin trips.

"I will be honest with you, you and your brothers have inflicted large casualties against us, particularly among our officers and squad commanders. While there are not many dead, there are many wounded, with many unable to continue fighting for some time. It will be hard to defend if your forces successfully push us back to Vale. And with how you successfully held up our communications, there is little chance for our lines to reinforce in time for your assault."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141668
141669
>>141667
This is relayed, and takes him a moment to reply. His voice is nearly emotionless:

"Maybe then... I can be satisfied."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141669
141670
>>141668
Silver nods. He actually smiles at the changeling a little, and salutes him.

"You and your brothers have fought valiantly in face of such adversity, and have achieved great success for Hives. There is no dishonor in that. I salute you, as worthy adversary."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141670
141671
>>141669
There is no matching smile. But there is a sharp nod.

"So I die now?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141671
141673
>>141670
Silver shakes his head.

"Unless you want to, no. I will cut you deal. Even with you shooting me, I have not forgotten how you returned our missing ponies to us. Life, for life. Return home to Changeling Lands and live to fight another day, I will not stop you."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141673
141676
>>141671
A single word in reply:

"Really?"
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141674
141675
>>141632
“Know of any boxes about the right shape that a hospital would have around?”
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141675
141687
>>141674
"Well... One of those tubes for maps and posters would fit it. Or at least it would if there were no scope... I don't know. There must be something in there somewhere."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
e696b12
?
No.141676
141677
>>141673
Silver nods.

"Just be sure to actually leave Vale this time. I can not guarantee you will get so lucky as to encounter me rather than another pony."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141677
141678
>>141676
"Uh, Okay." He says. His mouth hangs open
Silver "The Floof" Sword
e696b12
?
No.141678
141679
>>141677
Silver stares at him for a few seconds, then tilts his head in confusion when he doesn't leave.

"Is something wrong?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141679
141680
>>141678
The translator raises a hoof, and for the first time, raises his voice

"Flieg, du narr!"

The drone, right in front of Silver, transforms in a brilliant flash of yellow-green into a grey pegasus, and then jumps up and takes flight towards the twilight.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
e696b12
?
No.141680
141681
>>141679
Silver watches the drone slowly disappear into the distance.

"That got him to go. Strange. He almost looked my son, if I just got passing glance at him."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141681
141682
>>141680
The private turns his golden eyes to Silver as he speaks, but has no comment.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
e696b12
?
No.141682
141683
>>141681
"Well...we should return to others, see how they are doing. It would be really nice to sit down somewhere also..."

He starts holding the wound on his chest again, letting out a small groan of pain and discomfort.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141683
141684
>>141682
It's definitely not the sort of thing that can be left untreated. The private does not say anything.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141684
141685
>>141683
As they slowly trot back, he speaks to the private.

"You are quiet. What is wrong?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141685
141686
>>141684
"Nothing..." He says
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141686
141688
>>141685
"Are you sure? It does not seem like nothing."
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141687
141688
>>141675
“Well, until we find one, the rifle is going to have to stay here with the coffin.”
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141688
141689 141690
>>141686
He looks down, and then back up

"Uh, I am fine."

Presumably, Silver should arrive at wherever he as walking to

>>141687
Spark's call on the next action
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141689
141691
>>141688
Spark helps Miskobag on the stretcher and carries him inside.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141690
141691
>>141688
"Alright..."

Indeed he does. He looks at what the current situation is back by the trucks.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141691
141692 141693
>>141689
Slighted, Makade remains outside

Spark and the doctor are able to place Miskobag on the stretcher, and carry him inside

>>141690
If by "trucks" is meant the two that were shot to hell earlier, they are still there, and still in poor shape.

The one truck in front of the building, nearer the road, is being loaded with wounded ponies.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141692
141694
>>141691
Silver decides to trot over to the truck being loaded, still holding his wound, and ask,

"Need any help?"
Shimmering Spark
0ce3bcc
?
No.141693
141703
>>141691
What can Spark see inside?
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141694
141695
>>141692
"Not at the moment. Could have used some help a few minutes ago, but now, we're about to head out."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141695
141696
>>141694
"Sorry about that, soldier. Is there room for one more? I think I may need this wound looked at."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141696
141697
>>141695
"Sure. Just sit on the end there."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141697
141698
>>141696
Silver nods. As he does so, he calls Amber Grain over.

"Sergeant Amber Grain?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141698
141699
>>141697
Ammber Grain walks over, being right next to the truck, and perhaps about to sit in the passenger seat.

"Yes sire?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141699
141700
>>141698
"Ah, you are here. After we drop wounded off at Town Hall, I want you to organize our attack on changeling position at grain elevator. You remember my plan for how to deal with them?"
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141700
141701
>>141699
"Blow them up from a distance" He says
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141701
141702
>>141700
"Precisely. Specifics of attack I leave to your discretion. Once I have this looked at..."

He winces as he pats the wound in his chest lightly.

"...I will join you."
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141702
141704
>>141701
"Yes Sir." He says

Silver is able to find an area to sit on the end of the truck. Inside, lying down are Saltlick, who is shivering - at least that is a sign of life - Bricsbuck, Sleetfall - who fell in the final attack - and several other ponies, especially those who had been outside. The truck goes on its way, moving forward, and drives to the Town Hall. The distance is less than a mile, and sure could have been done by cart, if only those were available in size and number.

Amber Grain gets out, as well as another pony in the back along with Silver, and they try to get the wounded out and inside
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141703
141729
>>141693
Spark, entering inside, sees a relatively normal reception room, with a two story entrance, hallways to each side, a few potted plants, a reception counter on the left, and a hallway straight forward.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141704
141705
>>141702
Silver gets out as well, and assists in bringing wounded despite his injury and the discomfort it causes.
Anonymous
b26fd2c
?
No.141705
141706
>>141704
Indeed there is a bit of discomfort, but a stretcher is available, and the ponies are able to take the wounded, one by one, inside the town hall, to lay them out. Firm Heart, looking even more tired than before, looks at the ponies as they are layed out.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
2847c37
?
No.141706
141707