/vx/ - Videogames and Paranormal


New Teatime planned. Join us for Teatime with Ponies this Saturday around 3-4pm CST!
* Time and place is subject to change depending on feasibility.

If you want to see the latest posts from all boards in a convenient way please check out /overboard/

Name
Email
Subject
By clicking New Reply, I acknowledge the existence of the Israeli nuclear arsenal.
Comment
0
Select File / Oekaki
File(s)
Password (For file and/or post deletion.)

kdGdn66.png
The Ruins of Rhest.jpg
Red Hand Of Doom - Part II: The Electric Boogaloo
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139426
Welcome, lurkers, to our fabulous thread.
In this thread, we continue our journey in which our party (yet unnamed), embarks on an epic quest to thwart the assault of the Red Hand army on Elsir Vale, racing to prepare for the assault before the might horde ends the world as they know it.

The game is a long-term d&d campaign that run on the 3.5e system. It is mostly played on this board, with partial support on discord.
General details of the campaign can be found here: >>132102 →

Now, the party left off at the end of the evacuation of Drellin's Ferry, the townsfolk fleeing ahead of the advance of the horde. The Red Hand forces are mighty, and the party has been able to accomplish little to hinder the army, although the vengeful fury of a certain giant and his granddaughters may have bought the villagers some time, as distant sounds of thunder echo from the hills.

In part one, the party learned some vital information, from the the Wyrmlord Koth's notes, map, and conversations with many characters along the way
>The Red Hand horde means business. If it is going to be stopped, that will have to be at Brindol, the only place in Elsir Vale with a standing army large enough and the fortifications necessary to have a chance against such a large force.
>Monsters are blocking the roads to the north, blocking any chance of reinforcements for Brindol
>One of the leaders of the Red Hand is in the ruined city of Rhest.
>The horde is going to steamroll the towns east of Drellin’s Ferry and keep going.
>A powerful wizard named Cromar is retired in the Blackfens
A partial archive of Part I can be found here: >>133942 →

And with that, let the games begin.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139427
DAY 9: Evening.
Now, let's continue where we left off, shall we?
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.139428
139430
Nigger.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.139429
139430 139432
"That chimera was a massive pussy."
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
25ea0da
?
No.139430
139431 139432 139433
>>139428
Double nigger.
Henry said this last thread, but your take might be different and more reasonable. >>139331 →
This was the response he got >>139425 →
Aral would probably just go along with it to be honest, so what you say matters here.

>>139429
"It's pelt looked nice. Must be worth something."
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
25ea0da
?
No.139431
139433
>>139430
I meant he said this >>139148 →
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139432
139433
I would also like to say that most of Drellin's Ferry is already pretty far ahead, having been evacuating for the past couple days. The part of the caravan that the goblins attacked was mostly composed of the stubborn merchants that Norro Wiston only barely convinced to abandon their property.
There were actually a couple other groups of hobgoblins that the town guard fought off, hence why Captain Soranna didn't participate in your fight.

You could probably catch up with the rest of the caravan if you rode through the night though.
>>139429
Yeah... I did not expect it to go down that quickly... It was a practice dragon though, so maybe next time you guys won't get skullfucked by the next glorified lizard (spoiler alert: there's gonna be more dragons)
>>139430
Yeah, the dwarf you sold the owlbear pelts to helped you treat it before he skipped town. It makes for a kickass cape.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.139433
139435
>>139430
>>139431
>>139432
Triple nigger.
So where are we at the moment?
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
25ea0da
?
No.139434
139436
Aral bought that potion of Neutralize Poison off of Jorr for 800, and proceeds to drink it.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139435
139437
For the record does the party want to ride through the night, right?
How far do you want to go?
Assuming the Red Hand is on foot (which most of them would be, logically), you can assume that it might take them a could take them a couple more days to get to town. You could also rest if you wish.
>>139433
You are in Drellin's Ferry, in the evening.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139436
139437 139438 139440
>>139434
I thought Chad had a spare one of those, but okay.

Jorr finished laying out the looted equipment.

The Worgs Had:
>3 exotic archey saddles (charred, designed for worgs)
>Bags with what appear to be three dried steaks
>6 rawhide chews

The 3 Goblin Worg Riders had:
>3 Scimitars
>3 Shortbows
>3 Suits of studded leather armor
>3 bucklers
>What appears to be a scroll
>7 Dragonsbreath Arrows
>3 Alchemists Arrows
>3 Signal Arrows
>some dozen normal arrows

The 3 Hobgoblin Samurai Dropped:
>What appears to be 3 healing potions
>3 heavy steel shields
>3 Bastard Swords
>3 suits of chainmail
>3 composite longbows
>8 Dragonsbreath Arrows
>Some dozen normal arrows

Also:
>3 tanglefoot bags
>2 noxious smokesticks
>Masterwork longsword
>2 thunderstones
>2 flasks of Acidic Fire
>1 unmarked oil
>2 unmarked potions
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.139437
139438 139440
>>139435
Hmm, if we rested there would be a high risk we would get our slumber party crashed, so i think it would probably be better to move ideally, unless sleeping in the burning town would make for nice marshmallows.
>>139436
I like the sound of the masterwork long sword.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139438
139441
>>139436
Jorr took the liberty of taking the curative steaks and rawhide chews for his dogs. They would have nauseated any humanoids anyway, being meant for worgs, by goblins.

"Raiders." Jorr says, gruffly
"Looks like these bastards were some o' the ones harrassin' merchants on the Dawn Way. I reckon they came 'ere to get first pickings o' the loot before their comrades arrived."
>>139437
The town is not burning. Only a couple houses.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139439
139441
How far do you guys want to go?
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
25ea0da
?
No.139440
139441 139442
>>139436
Aral takes and counts the arrows (I believe the normal ones were 40 arrows). Puts 3 Alchemist's and 3 Dragonsbreath arrows in his current quiver.
He also cast Detect Magic on the loot, sharing his findings with the others.
>>139437
The throwables are very nice too. Consider taking some.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.139441
139443 139446
>>139438
Well should and could we set it on fire so the goblins can't ransack anything that's left?
>>139439
Not sure, how far is Brindol and how long would it take before we needed to camp?
>>139440
I think i'll take the flasks of acidic fire.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139442
139445
>>139440
Nobody else is proficient in longbows. May as well take all the good arrows.

The scroll is an Arcane Scroll of Protection from Good/Evil/Law/Chaos.
The healing potions appear to be Cure Light Wounds. You'll need to roll spellcraft to try to identify the other potions.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139443
139444
95681.jpg
>>139441
>Well should and could we set it on fire so the goblins can't ransack anything that's left?
If you want to.
Pic related is a map of Drellin's Ferry.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.139444
139446
fireaxe.png
>>139443
Yes, would i be able to cast produce flame on a house?
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
25ea0da
?
No.139445
139446
>>139442
[1d20+14 = 29] Spellcraft
And might as well try to identify those 2 elixers I have.
Also yeah, taking all arrows, 6 of the enhanced ones are in the current quiver, ready to be fired.
I have been actually tracking the currently equipped 20 arrows in combat, it just never came up so far.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139446
139447
Lord Koths Map.jpg
>>139441
>Not sure, how far is Brindol and how long would it take before we needed to camp?
Idk. It's about 9 PM in game time.
You cannot reach Brindol in one day. The nearest town is Terrelton. You could probably reach it by morning on horseback, although that means you'll need to rest through the day (arcane spells require 8 hours rest; humans need sleep).

Pic related is Lord Koth's Map, btw.

>>139444
With digits like that, you can cast it on 6 houses, without moving.

>>139445
One of the potions appears to be Enlarge Person. Another looks like Reduce Person.
Or, so you think, judging by the auras.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.139447
139448 141922
Gonna paste my spells so i can find them later.
3rd level spells:
Magic fang, greater
Call lightning
2nd level:
Bull's strength
Heat metal
Barkskin
1st level:
Calm animals
Faerie fire
Entangle
Produce flame
Cure light wounds
Level 0:
Guidance
Detect magic
Flare
Purify food and drink
Mending
>>139446
So should we camp here then?
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139448
139449
>>139447
If you wish. There are plenty of abandoned houses in Drellin's Ferry (-10).
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.139449
139450
>>139448
If we camped here then started a march on Terrelton in the morning would we reach it by noon or evening?
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139450
139451 139452
>>139449
Depends what time you get up.

By incredibly rough estimate, it would take you around 10-12 hours on light horses to get there. I need to check the map though...

Also, by now, the conversation with Wiston and Soranna would have ended. Before he left, Wiston would have given you some basic info about the way east. Also
>What’s the best way to get up north?
“Well, normally I’d say the Old North Road. But right now, I wouldn’t recommend that route. You could take a boat up the Rhestwash to Lake Rhestin. Your other option is to head east toward Brindol. At Talar or Brindol, you’ll be able to cross the Elsir River and head north along the Rhest Trail. It’s up to you. The river route is probably more dangerous, but it’s faster. If you head east, I can give you several horses. If you head north from here, feel free to take any of the boats moored in town. We won’t need them.”

So, yeah. You guys can head east, and then north if you want to.
Everyone has a horse, in case they didn't before.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139451
>>139450
(heading north is not required at all; don't mistake my clumsy attempts to make sure you have information for railroading)
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.139452
139453 139454
>>139450
I don't think we should go sailing, let's camp first and go wherever in the morning.
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
25ea0da
?
No.139453
>>139452
Yeah, I wouldn't mind having spell slots back and healing up a bit.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139454
139456
>>139452
Okay.
Hamfist, due to his character's earlier request, has scavenged several bottles of cheap ale that the hobbit who runs the bar decided weren't worth carrying. He has passed out drunk in whatever house you guys are in.

DAY 9: END

Now, what time do you murder hobos want to get up in the morning?
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139455
Ah, it will actually be 8 hours on light horses to Terrelton.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.139456
139457
>>139454
8 in the morning.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139457
>>139456
>sleeping 11 hours.
This is fine.
Assuming nothing happens along the way, you'd reach Terrelton at around 5 PM.
Be aware that you need one hour to prepare your spells.

Oh shit, I forgot about Jorr. His dogs only move at a speed of 50 ft... Let me crunch some numbers...
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139458
DAY 10: BEGINING
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139459
139462
Oh, yeah, one of you needs to roll Diplomacy to convince the woodsman to leave the woods.
Anyone else may use the Aid Another action for peer pressure.
Hamfist Henry
1708525
?
No.139460
I’m here
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
25ea0da
?
No.139461
139462 139463
Who has the best CHA mod to being with?
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.139462
139463
>>139459
>>139461
I have +1 to diplomacy.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139463
139464 139465
>>139461
That would be Chad.
The rest of you can roll Aid Another to try and help (just roll Cha).
>>139462
You can use Guidance too, if you want.
Misty has higher Cha than any of you.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.139464
139467
>>139463
So i should use Guidance on Misty?
Hamfist Henry
1708525
?
No.139465
139466
>>139463
I vote to let the horse do the talking
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
25ea0da
?
No.139466
>>139465
Same.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139467
139468
>>139464
Sure, and roll Diplomacy yourself to aid.

Everyone can roll, but only one roll is the main roll.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.139468
139469
>>139467
So what would the modifier be for Misty?
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139469
139470
>>139468
+2
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.139470
139472
>>139469
[1d20+2 = 8]
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
25ea0da
?
No.139471
Aid Another charisma roll
[1d20-3 = -2]
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139472
139473
>>139470
now roll Chad's
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.139473
139474
>>139472
[1d20+1 = 18]
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139474
>>139473
>Rolling an 18 for Aid Another
Guess it wasn't such a good idea to let the Telepathic horse do the talking afterall...

Okay, Chad succeeded on his Aid Another check, but Aral and Hamfist failed.
That means it's 8 + 2 Aid Another + 1 Guidance + 1 Pretty Mare, which comes up to a grand mod of 12.

The woodsman remains unconvinced (and somewhat confused) by the horse's word, but shrugs as he looks at the burning buildings in the distance, and then at his dogs beside the party.
"I got some business to take care of a bit past Terrelton. I'll ride with you boys along the way." he says
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139475
139476 139478 139479
Okay, so you guys are going to get up at 8, or leave at 8?

If you fall asleep like logs, you can get up as early as 5.
Hamfist Henry
1708525
?
No.139476
139477
>>139475
I’m interested in sleeping at 8
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139477
>>139476
I left off at 9 PM last night in game.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.139478
>>139475
Probably leaving at 8.
Anonymous
25ea0da
?
No.139479
139480
>>139475
Does a little more sleep translate into a little more HP?
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139480
139481
>>139479
If you go a complete day and night of rest, you could recover twice your level in hit points.
Otherwise no, but you could prepare healing spells, if you wish.
Anonymous
25ea0da
?
No.139481
139482
>>139480
I'll get up earlier then, and prepare for leaving at 8.
Maybe attempt to craft some arrows from whatever is around in the time between.
[1d20+7 = 19]
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139482
139483
>>139481
You only need to trance for 4 hours. You may spend remaining time crafting.
Some arrow making materials could be scavenged from the barracks in Drellin's Ferry.
Anonymous
25ea0da
?
No.139483
139484
>>139482
I also need some time to prepare arcane spells as part of the long rest, don't want to miss out on that, but otherwise, yeah, I do that. That was a crafting check, but should be 17, I realized I have no tools.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139484
139485 139486
Okay, so the party gets up, prepares spells, and sets off on the dawn way.

Do you guys have a preferred riding formation? Who's on front?

>>139483
You find a set of cheap tools in a crawlspace in one of the buildings, found because elves always receive passive checks to find trap doors.
Also a leather sack that looks like it was emptied in a hurry.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.139485
139487
>>139484
Me and Henry should be in front while Aral, Jorr and Misty are 10 to 15 feet behind.
Hamfist Henry
1708525
?
No.139486
>>139484
Henry will ride in front. Also I’m using all the healing belt charges to heal up a bit.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139487
139488
>>139485
You don't want to ride Misty?
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.139488
>>139487
Actually... yes, i do.
I forgot i wasn't in wild shape.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139489
Okay, enough stalling, stuff has to happen...
let me just take 5 and check my notes...
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139490
139491
By this point, you're only four hours into your journey.
The afternoon sun beats down on you; the air is hot and still. The sparsely settled lands of Elsir Vale are starting to grow monotonous, with a seemingly endless line of dusty flyspecks of towns.
You're still not out of the woods though.

Chad, roll a spot check.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.139491
139492
>>139490
[1d20+14 = 15]
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139492
>>139491
About some 100 feet ahead, just over a hill, you spot a group of hobgoblins. No surprise round.

It appears they've spotted you too. Shouting emanates from the hills.

Everyone join me in the server for a combat encounter, and roll initiative.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139504
139507
Okay, that was quite the encounter.
Ngl, the point of this encounter was to be easy, and showcase the fact that not every gang of humanoid warriors roaming around the vale is made of up fanatical veterans.

Aside from the Red Leader, a mighty warrior, these hobgoblins were nothing special. These were lvl 1 mooks, even weaker than the Regular samurai you guys have been fighting, if their rusty, meager equipment is anything to go by.
The Bladebearer, however, was quite loaded. I will roll his equipment shortly.

The dead hobgoblins do not have any sort of paperwork or relevant information. Jorr, who only survived by the skin on his teeth, rolls splendidly on his knowledge check. He communicates gruffly that these must have been mere raiders, prowling the countryside for easy loot.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139505
It is close to noon in game time.
With all of the fleeing villagers, marauders have been getting bold enough to attack travelers in broad daylight. Perhaps a bit too bold though, as they were no match for seasoned adventurers.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139506
139507 139510
Before you lie two unconscious enemies.
One is a low-ranking hobgoblin, only a meager warrior, not even a fully-fledged samurai. It was grappled into submission by Jorr's dogs while its allies abandoned it.
"So the Red Hand employs low-level scum like this. Guess 'dem Red boys ain't all high an' mighty now."
Jorr says, nursing his wounded canines.

The other is a hellhound. You'd need a character with the right knowledge skill to tell anything about it.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.139507
139508
>>139504
>Okay, that was quite the encounter.
You can say that again.
>Ngl, the point of this encounter was to be easy, and showcase the fact that not every gang of humanoid warriors roaming around the vale is made of up fanatical veterans.
Turns out you were underestimating the enemy.
>>139506
>The other is a hellhound. You'd need a character with the right knowledge skill to tell anything about it.
What would that entail?
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139508
>>139507
>What would that entail?
Some details about hellhounds, or what's up with this particular one.
Anonymous
ccddf86
?
No.139510
139511
>>139506
Check roll. Arcana.
[1d20+6 = 20]
We could also move onto interrogating the goblin if you want, Aral can translate. And likes to slap goblins, so win-win.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139511
139512
>>139510
Aral does not know anything about hellhounds, but he does know that this creature is not native to this world, but must have been called in with magic.
Closer inspection reveals Draconic traits on this particular specimen. It appears like a naked dog, only scalier. It's forepaws are hooked into talon-like toes, and its hide is tough and scaly. If it were an animal, it would be a Drakken (Dragon-Descended), but you don't know what to make of this one.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.139512
139513
>>139511
Would i be able to roll anything?
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139513
>>139512
Not really. It's not common knowledge. You would normally need ranks in The Planes, but Aral had ranks in Arcana, so he noticed the draconic traits.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139517
139531
So, new information is revealed:
>not all of the Red Hand's Forces are as formidable as they seem
>However, within their ranks are mighty warriors who's strength rivals your own
>the Red Hand appear to be using alchemy and drugs to enhance their forces
>the Red Hand is not only allied with fiends from another world, but seemingly draconic ones
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139526
The+only+good+kyubey+is+a+dead+kyubey+_0e0c52a50b5efb06cbeb07a2b1f8832c.jpg
>Red Leader, high on Fervor Juice, after taking a max-rolled Arrowsplit attack with an Alchemist's Arrow from a Ranger with Goblinoids as his favored enemy
Hamfist Henry
1708525
?
No.139531
139655
BC71AA62-707C-40D1-B8BC-B76922B52D17.jpeg
>>139517
>drugs
>fiends
Is this a mf Fallout reference?
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139655
>>139531
Mostly an appropriation of some pathfinder fluff concerning hobgoblins.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139849
RHoD will be continuing next weekend, with a new player too.

Next session, the party will have arrived in Terrelton.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.139936
Okay, due to some players being busy on the holidays. We will not be having a full session today.
DAY 10: 4:00 PM
Terrelton is a dusty village that gets by on the livestock and leather trades; several large. foul-smelling tanneries sit in the hills east of the town.
The local in is known as The Brass Dagger.
Supplies can be bought at Esper’s Market.
Checks will need to be rolled for additional information. It's a small town and has no map. Please don't make me draw one.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140373
140374
Okay, the session has begun.

Aral has finished managing his ammunition. Everyone is at low HP as they arrive in Terrelton.

There is only one Inn in town. It's rather low shabby, but due to lack of customers the keeper is willing to accommodate the party for 2 sp each (meals sold separately).
Anonymous
c712a26
?
No.140374
140376 140377
>>140373
I'm sitting somewhere in whatever common room the inn has and looking over what directions I got from my higher-ups in the church
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140375
As you arrive in town, Jorr excuses himself and says he'll be back in a few hours, saying he needs to take care of "some serious business".
Anonymous
c712a26
?
No.140376
140379 140381
>>140374
And I completely forgot to describe myself... Let me just fix that.
The guy you see sitting there is a human of around average height, wearing scale armor and a very oddly shaped helmet that appears to be made of platinum
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140377
>>140374
Your church only told you to warn Drellin's Ferry of impending doom, foretold by a-ranking priest in your order.
However, it seems as though the town has already begun evacuating before your arrival, and the whole region seems to be on edge for the impending war.

Right now, you're feeling a bit disillusioned. You are now certain that the vision that your superior had was a genuine one, and not just some excuse to get rid of you; however, you've received no further orders, and are contemplating what to do now. From some gossip you've picked up, you're aware of "a massive horde of goblins coming" from the West, and supposedly a blockade stopping the roads to the North.

(btw, you came from far East of Denovar, which is East of Brindol).
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140379
140380
The Inn is unremarkable, and rather sparse, many of the clients having packed up and left in advance of the horde. Nobody stands out except for >>140376 a lone man in scaly armor sitting at a table in the corner.

Aral, Chad, and Hamfist are all gravely wounded, and will need to rest for several days without access to magical healing (unless Chad spends all of his spell slots tomorrow). You have heard that a certain crusading Cleric of St. Cuthbert has been investigating the Merchants' Guild in this town, however; perhaps you solicit them for healing services.

If any of you would like to know more about the Merchant's Guild, roll Gather Information (just a Cha check), or Knowledge (Local) as an Int check.
Anonymous
315ab8b
?
No.140380
140384
>>140378
>>140379
Rolling a Knowledge.
[1d20+2 = 18]
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140381
140383
>>140376
You see a two humans and an elf walk into the bar, covered in blood and severely wounded. A passive Sense Motive check with your Wis modifier hints that they're formidable.
Anonymous
c712a26
?
No.140383
140385 140387
>>140381
"Hey, you lot. One, what happened to you all, and two, why didn't you evacuate with the rest of the town?"
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140384
>>140380
You don't know anything of real value, but since you've been to Terrelton before, you know that the town is governed by a Merchants Council shot through with connections to various gangs of brigands and highwaymen, but a crusading cleric of St. Cuthbert is working to clean up the council by exposing the misdeeds of the criminal members.
The corruption in the (((Merchant))) council is an open secret, but since this is medieval times, nobody before the Cleric has bothered to lift a finger to oppose them.
Anonymous
315ab8b
?
No.140385
140386
>>140382
>>140383
"We got into a couple of fights with goblins, and we aren't backing down from them."
Anonymous
c712a26
?
No.140386
140389
>>140385
"So you all are here to deal with that mess too?"
Also, can I give them a quick look-over to determine exactly how badly they're all wounded?
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140387
140388
>>140383
The town has not evacuated entirely, as many of the (((Merchants))) have stubbornly refused to abandon their property.
Half of them, however, have packed up and skedaddled.
Anonymous
c712a26
?
No.140388
140390
>>140387
fucking merchants, it's always them
Anonymous
315ab8b
?
No.140389
140391
>>140386
"Yes."
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.140390
>>140388
Dubs confirm.
Anonymous
c712a26
?
No.140391
140393 140394
>>140389
"Alright, I might as well help you out too. Now, who's the most hurt here? If I'm going to heal you all, I want to make sure it's done right."
Anonymous
c712a26
?
No.140392
140400
(towards Henry) "Artorias Greenmarsch, cleric of Bahamut and occasional mercenary slash healmonkey for the right cause or the right coin. You?"
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.140393
140395
>>140391
"I need healing."
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140394
140399
>>140391
You can tell taking 10 on a heal check that they're all pretty fucked-up. Several sword and arrow wounds and some moderate burns.
Anonymous
c712a26
?
No.140395
140397 140403
>>140393
"Yes, you've made that clear. I'm not wasting a full spell on a papercut though, so I'd like to know how badly."
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.140397
>>140395
"I have been shot by about 10 arrows and earned a couple of cuts."
Hamfist Henry
1708525
?
No.140398
140400
Henry approaches the rugged looking character and sets a bottle of rum down in front of him while uncorking another for himself. “What’s your story, stranger? You look like you’ve walked down some hard roads.”
Anonymous
c712a26
?
No.140399
140401 140402 140403 140404
>>140394
Alright, then I burn all three of my Cure Serious Wounds.
[3d8+1 = 8]
[3d8+1 = 13]
[3d8+1 = 8]
And feel free to claim whichever one works best for your HP levels.
Anonymous
c712a26
?
No.140400
>>140398
see
>>140392
Anonymous
c712a26
?
No.140401
>>140399
Any more healing required?
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
0bddead
?
No.140402
>>140399
I'll take an 8, I have the most current HP.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140403
140404
>>140395
Just fyi, you've got a bunch of unexpended spell slots, and they'll just disappear if you don't use them by tomorrow.
>>140399
That would be 3d8+6, your CL is 6.
Anonymous
c712a26
?
No.140404
140405 140409
>>140403
I know, but Artorias is supposed to be kind of a jerk at times.

>>140399
Disregard this number, these are the ones to use!
[3d8+6 = 17]
[3d8+6 = 16]
[3d8+6 = 18]
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
0bddead
?
No.140405
140406 140407
>>140404
Still the lowest one, as that is enough to put Aral at full HP. Assuming we got to that part already:
You get a "Thank you, cleric" from him, but that is about it. No hellos or pleasantries. It seems he's about to just get up and leave without any further word. Fucking unbelievable. As he turns, he stops mid-motion, absent-mindedly trying to wipe away at a patch of blood on his cloak, before realizing it's not about to come out anytime soon.
Anonymous
c712a26
?
No.140406
140408
>>140405
You get a thumbs-up as you walk away, and the others get the rest of what needs healed healed through whatever spell slots are used to do it.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140407
>>140405
>before realizing it's not about to come out anytime soon
Prestidigitation is good for this.
Hamfist Henry
1708525
?
No.140408
140415
>>140406
“Are you going to drink the rum or should I put it back up?” The pugilist says with a hint of annoyance in his voice.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.140409
140410 140415
>>140404
I'll take the 17 and 18 if Henry doesn't, then use the alchemical healing paste to oil myself up for the night in the stables.
"Thanks mate, anything else you wanna ask?"
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
0bddead
?
No.140410
140411 140412
>>140409
>oil myself up for the night in the stables
Misty is into kinky stuff now?
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.140411
>>140410
"Always has been."
Hamfist Henry
1708525
?
No.140412
140413 140414
>>140410
Misty knows it’s going to rain and wants to fly
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.140413
140416
>>140412
What?
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140414
140416
>>140412
What?
Artorias Greenmarsch
c712a26
?
No.140415
140419
>>140408
"I'm not particularly thirsty, but if you insist."
I chug it

>>140409
"Yeah, what are we up against here? I know it's goblins and that there's a war coming, but besides that, my superiors have left me pretty far in the dark."
Hamfist Henry
1708525
?
No.140416
140417 140418 140419
>>140414
>>140413
I’m referencing the “cover yourself in oil” meme
Artorias Greenmarsch
c712a26
?
No.140417
140419
image_2021-01-02_073112.png
>>140416
>oil floats on water
>step 1: wait for it to rain
>step 2: cover yourself in oil
>step 3: fly
>mfw
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140418
>>140416
Misty can already fly, but okay.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.140419
140421 140422
>>140415
"We're up against pretty much any piece of goblin ass you can imagine, dragons, spell scourges, spellcasters, samurais, et cetera."
>>140416
>>140417
Oh.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140420
Okay, while you guys dialogue, can you all communicate what you plan to do on day 11?
Hamfist Henry
1708525
?
No.140421
140423 140426
>>140419
“Now that I give it some thought, how do goblins even become samurai?”
Artorias Greenmarsch
c712a26
?
No.140422
140426
>>140419
"Dragons? Why would dragons be tooling around with those knife-eared savages unless they're using them like chew toys?"
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140423
140424
>>140421
You're a Warblade, right? Roll knowledge (local).
Hamfist Henry
1708525
?
No.140424
140425
>>140423
I rolled an 8.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140425
>>140424
That's a fail. Sorry.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.140426
140427
>>140421
"Through excessive gobble training, I assume."
>>140422
"They were recruited into the Red Hand, the rest is still a mystery other than maybe they are doing it for gold."
Artorias Greenmarsch
c712a26
?
No.140427
>>140426
"That... that makes a lot more sense and is also quite worrying. If only somebody at my church had the ability to warn me of this, but passive aggression gets me nowhere...
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140428
140429 140431
Okay, I've understood at this point that you guys want to head east tomorrow. When do you all want to go to bed? You need 8 hours rest for arcane spell recovery, and one hour to prepare spells.

In-game, it's about 4:30 PM, on day 10.
Artorias Greenmarsch
c712a26
?
No.140429
140430 140440
>>140428
try to convince whatever stubborn (((merchants))) that are left in town to finally leave, and then I guess I'll turn in at about 10 PM
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140430
>>140429
Hmmmmmm, let me find my notes for that...
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.140431
140432
>>140428
I'll head to sleep at about 9pm after i finish my fetish fun.
Artorias Greenmarsch
c712a26
?
No.140432
140433 140434 140440
>>140431
so he's actually gonna fuck the horse?
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.140433
140435
expand dong spell.png
>>140432
Yes.
Hamfist Henry
1708525
?
No.140434
140435 140436
>>140432
Do you know where we are?
Artorias Greenmarsch
c712a26
?
No.140435
140436 140438
>>140433
hot

>>140434
of course, I was just wondering if it was being brought to the table as well as the bedroom ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.140436
1608116901240.jpg
>>140434
>>140435
Artorias Greenmarsch
c712a26
?
No.140437
140444
so do we all fuck our horses behind closed doors, or is it just going to be Chad and me?
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
0bddead
?
No.140438
140439 140444
>>140435
It's a thing. He's a horse druid and everything.
I'm reasonably sure he fucked my horse too, but Aral failed his listen check that night, so in-character I have no idea.
Artorias Greenmarsch
c712a26
?
No.140439
140444
>>140438
wow, just getting cucked like that? harsh.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140440
140441
>>140429
You make your way to the merchant's council gathering. It's a large but shabby building, a foul smell emanating from the general area. The building is visibly lit, but sparsely, as if by someone who cared more about saving oil than common sense.
In front of the building, you see an angry-looking woman, somewhere in her mid twenties, clad in chain mail, with an absurdly long scroll in her hands rolling across the floor. She appears to be giving a severe tongue-lashing to two very tired looking guards.
As you approach you hear
"What do you mean 'the forum is closed'?! It's supposed to be an emergency meeting, and by order of the founding guild doctrine, all emergency council meetings are to be made open to the public. I demand to see your manager!"
>"Ma'am. We're sorry, but we have orders."
"I'm not going anywhere until I find out what happened to the public's donations!"
>>140432
I have been operating under the assumption of it.
Artorias Greenmarsch
c712a26
?
No.140441
140442
>>140440
Can I determine anything else about the woman, like maybe if she's the other cleric in town?
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140442
140443
>>140441
Roll knowledge (religion), to identify the sigils on her armor.
Artorias Greenmarsch
c712a26
?
No.140443
140447
>>140442
[1d20+9 = 26]
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.140444
140445 140448
Spoilered
>>140437
>>140438
>>140439
Based.
Artorias Greenmarsch
c712a26
?
No.140445
140446
>>140444
just don't fuck my horse and we're cool, got it?
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.140446
>>140445
Fine, it's a deal.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140447
140449
>>140443
With a check like that, you easily recognize her holy symbol as that of St. Cuthbert: God of Truth, Wisdom, Law, Justice, and Common Sense. You recognize it so easily because you saw the church of St. Cuthbert when you passed through Denovar.
From this, you can assume that this is indeed the local crusading cleric named Leille that the (((merchants))) have been whining about recently.
She looks quite angry. The guards look frustrated, tired and vaguely frightened by the persistent woman, who is still reading down along her comically long scroll.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140448
>>140444
Digits checked.
Artorias Greenmarsch
c712a26
?
No.140449
140451
>>140447
Then I guess I introduce myself and provide a stern, equally frustrated in the direction of the guards as further encouragement
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140451
140453
>>140449
The woman pauses her rant as you approach. She speaks politely, her demeanor turning on a dime.
"Greetings, Sir. I am Leille (lol, i forgot her surname), Knight of the Cudgel."

The guards seem still frustrated, but mostly just tired.
>"I'm sorry, but we've got orders not to let anyone in while the council is meeting. Try again tomorrow."
"This is ludicrous! Just what are they doing in there that has to be kept secret?!"
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140452
140453
Okay, I'm only now realizing that I'm basically setting up a one-person miniquest here...

Can I get an ooc commitment that Artorias has agreed to follow the rest of the party east?
Artorias Greenmarsch
c712a26
?
No.140453
140454 140455
>>140451
(towards Leille) "Artorias Greenmarsch, cleric of the Platinum Dragon."
(towards guards) "I refuse to believe whatever's going on in there is more important than the goblin army that currently has dragons in its employ currently coming this way, so if you'll let us in to properly explain this fact, then I won't try to drag you out to be used as meatshields."
Diplomacy if necessary: [1d20+11 = 21]
Intimidation if somehow diplomacy fails: [1d20+2 = 14]

>>140452
I'm following them, don't worry
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140454
140457
>>140453
One of the guards sighs, visibly giving up to the fact that his job will probably be gone in a couple days anyway.
>"The council is inside dividing liquid assets for the town. They insisted not to let anyone in."
"Liquid assets? You mean the gold that Brother Derny donated to the poor yesterday as the refugees from Ferry were passing through? So that's what this is all about. I'll have a word with Mr. Goldberg if he thinks he can get away with lining his pockets again."
>[audible groans]
>"Ma'am, we have orders-."
>"We [i]had[i/] orders."
The other guard says, as he picks up his satchel and promptly walks off into town.
The first guard stares after him for a few seconds before deciding that dealing with this lady is above his paygrade and follows suit.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140455
140457
>>140453
The priestess seems satisfied that she's been able to get in through technically-legal means. She looks towards Artorias.
"Thankyou for that." she says, not specifying what for
"I think I can handle things from here on out. The council can be a stubborn bunch, but they're quick to turn to putty up close." she continues, brandishing her light mace in one hand as she enters the building.
Artorias Greenmarsch
c712a26
?
No.140457
>>140454
>>140455
I nod to Leille and give a simple "You're welcome." before going back to the inn to tend to my horse and turn in for the night
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140458
140459
Okay. Unless Artorias really wants to spend the rest of the session T-posing on merchants with Miss Leille, I'm going to move this session ahead to day 11.

END OF DAY 10

Okay, that's 8 hours rest, one hour to prepare spells, and another doing miscellaneous things...

DAY 11, 7:00 AM.

And you guys are on the road, heading north east to Nimon Gap.
Anonymous
c712a26
?
No.140459
>>140458
I mean, I'm always down to T-pose on merchants, but other people need playtime too
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140460
It will take less than a day to get to Nimon gap.

Jorr eventually returned in the morning with a grim look on his face. He silently gets on his horse and follows the party eastwards.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140461
140462 140464
Nimon Gap is 25-30 miles away. One day's travel at the speed of Artorias's Horse.
Nimon Gap: A tiny hamlet located at the place where the Dawn Way descends out of the Nimon Hills, Nimon Gap grew up around a large walled inn known as the Cross-Eyed Beholder. The folk of Nimon Gap grow apples, pears, and chestnuts in orchards sheltered below the hills, while shepherds and goatherds keep their livestock in the heights.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140462
>>140461
You would get there sometime in the afternoon.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140463
140465 140467
Nothing worth session time happens in Nimon Gap.
DAY 11 END
The next day, you reach Talar.
Hamfist Henry
1708525
?
No.140464
140468
>>140461
I just want to punch things until they turn into ground beef
Hamfist Henry
1708525
?
No.140465
>>140463
I’m gonna go see what the fight game looks like in Talar
Hamfist Henry
1708525
?
No.140466
Used all charges of the healing belt to heal. Currently at 61/77 HP.
Anonymous
c712a26
?
No.140467
>>140463
I guess I keep doing what I can to warn people about the gobbos as we continue moving around
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140468
>>140464
You know what.
Fuck it.

As you're travelling through the orchards from Nimon Gap, Aral and Misty spot some rustling in the trees.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140469
Everyone roll initiatve and meet me in the server for combat.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140470
140471
2d231af4c87b5fbe9c76803e57593151.jpg
Okay... Henry is kill, after suffering a critical hit from a Warblade with a Heavy Pick.

The Hobgoblin Cleric (it's a Cleric), is still alive, but dying. You could stabilize him if you want him as a prisoner.

As for the unholy symbol ID roll, this is a symbol that Artorias would know anywhere: The mark of the devil Tiamat (pic related).
Artorias Greenmarsch
c712a26
?
No.140471
140472
>>140470
Yeah, I'll stabilize the hobgobbo and get one of the guys good with ropes to tie him up; he's getting interrogated probably next week since that combat took long as hell
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140472
140473
>>140471
I know. I really, really, really would like to do this in voicechat going forward.
Artorias Greenmarsch
c712a26
?
No.140473
>>140472
understandable
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140474
140475
Loot for this encounter:

236 gold pieces
1 Lapis Lazuli
1 Onyx
Iron Samurai Mask (70 gp)
Electrum Cloth Vest (1800 gp)
Silk Hunter's Cap trimmed with Sable (70 gp)
And the biggest Blue Diamond you've ever seen in your life.

14 cure light wounds potions
+1 Dragonfang Heavy Pick
+1 Banded Mail
Masterwork Hide Armor, Dragonskin
10 dragonsbreath arrows (kept forgetting to use those)
5 fancy arrows made of what appears to be ice(?) on the Red Leader
Silver Unholy Symbol of Tiamat
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140475
>>140474
Also a scroll of Summon Monster 3
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.140868
140869
Okay, I guess I'd better get this going.
I'm not really prepared today though, so it might be unproductive and cringe.

Now to see how long it took you guys to get to Brindol, and if any villages have been burned in the meantime...
>totally forgot to DM Jorr's sidequest
Whatever.
Jorr, assuming Artorias spent one of his remaining spell slots to heal him at the end of that encounter, eventually tells the party that he's been searching for family members that left a small home on the outskirts of Terrelton. He suspects that some of them might have joined the caravan to Brindol, but isn't sure how they stayed ahead of the party so far. It's also why he's been so anxious lately.
Artorias the Grouchy Cleric
c712a26
?
No.140869
>>140868
"Best of luck to them."
Kavern Master
03b4536
?
No.140870
Btw, what we learned last session, to get it through your thick PC skulls:
>in wake of the horde, hobgoblins have been raiding the countryside with increasing boldness and frequency, attacking merchants and refugees alike
>The Red Hand is not to be underestimated, for their ranks hold powerful combatants
>NPCs with x4 Crit modifiers and PCs below lvl 8 don't mix well...
>Red Hand regulars tend to scram when their leaders are killed (so focus fire)
>Warbands in the Red Hand sometimes include priests of the Devil Tiamat

What we gained:
>More loot than this encounter really deserved for its CR
>1 prisoner: a low-level sunscorched hobgoblin Cleric of Tiamat
>muh glory
>misc stuff that wasn't even mentioned in the lootpile (leather armor, longswords, longbows, arrows, stone unholy symbols, dirty clothes)
What we lost:
>1 Party Member: Henry Hamfist (revival pending)
>some hit points
>some spell slots
>Jorr's dignity as a competent archer
Kavern Master
03b4536
?
No.140871
140873 140874
Okay, you guys reach Brindol early in the morning of Day 13. I kind of regret glossing over Talar, but I'm going to have to cut down on the number of encounters if this game is ever going to be finished in a PbP medium.

DAY 13 BEGIN
Kavern Master
03b4536
?
No.140872
arne-haschen-red-hand-of-doom-brindol-city-map.jpg
Pic related is a map of Brindol.
Artorias the Grouchy Cleric
c712a26
?
No.140873
140876
>>140871
Are they going to be mad if we bring in a tied up hobgobbo no matter what we plan on doing with it?
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
cb96aa9
?
No.140874
140876
>>140871
Is the cathedral visible from afar? The idea is to head straight for a local place of worship to find someone who can resurrect the recently deceased.
Once we're inside, that is.
Kavern Master
03b4536
?
No.140876
140877 140878
>>140873
Unless you plan on doing something retarded, a Red Hand prisoner is reasonable.
Here's the game map, with marked dots, because a little bit of metagaming doesn't hurt anybody.
>>140874
Sorry, still skipping reading what it's like when you arrive in Brindol... And finding my notes for the NPCs.

The cathedral of Pelor is easy enough to find, being a large, fancy building with lots of windows letting the light in. You would get there taking 10 on a Gather Information check, when I'm ready.
Kavern Master
03b4536
?
No.140877
brindol.jpeg
>>140876
Artorias the Grouchy Cleric
c712a26
?
No.140878
>>140876
I'm assuming doing the interrogation within city limits counts as "something retarded," right?
Kavern Master
03b4536
?
No.140879
140880
Okay, this session isn't going anywhere until well-after i read Part 4, re-write it to fit in Part 2, and plan notes accordingly... It's kind of SOL at this point.
Sorry, I really wasn't prepared today.

Going back, the party would have tried to interrogate the snarling goblin thy captured before reaching Brindol, because he would have been a pain and a half to transport.

At first, the hobgoblin was completely hostile at the sight of the Platinum Helm, but after a 27 diplomacy check his attitude has improved to Indifferent, and he merely glares at Aral and Chad.
Artorias the Grouchy Cleric
c712a26
?
No.140880
140881
>>140879
"Alright buddy, I get that you don't like me and I sure as shit don't like you. However, I've already helped you out by not letting you die to a few dogs and some other monster, so how about you help me out in return? Do a good enough job and I'll even let you go."
Kavern Master
03b4536
?
No.140881
140882 140883
>>140880
The cultist cackles in response
"Fool. I'd proudly die in service to the Dark Lady! What could you hope to gain from me?!"
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
cb96aa9
?
No.140882
140884 140887
>>140881
>I'd proudly die
Aral slowly draws his sickly in the background.
"That works too. I'm the alternative."
Artorias the Grouchy Cleric
c712a26
?
No.140883
140887
>>140881
"Okay, then tell me what I want to know and I'll gladly let you go back to getting mauled by animals. Otherwise, you're being dragged with me until you give in even if you're kicking and screaming the whole way. As for what I want, it's information. What are your goals in all this?"
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
cb96aa9
?
No.140884
140885
>>140882
*Sickle. The curvy thing. Lol.
Artorias the Grouchy Cleric
c712a26
?
No.140885
140886
>>140884
>commie tool
>for killing people
this checks out
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
cb96aa9
?
No.140886
>>140885
It's a trip weapon, but yeah, I guess.
Kavern Master
03b4536
?
No.140887
140888
>>140883
>>140882
The goblin cackles even louder, sounding like a turkey as he gobbles curses in his own language
"Gobgobgobgobgob! Bold of you to assume I fear death. Better to die at the hands of the enemy than be sacrificed on the altar of Tiamat."
>What are your goals in all this?
"Your Doom!" he hisses, before falling back into gobbling laughter
“You may have won today, stupid humans, but our day is coming! The Red Hand will destroy you all!"
"[Gobgobgobgobgobgobgobgobgob!]"
"The human river-town has already fallen. And soon the town of walls shall meet the day of ruin!"
Artorias the Grouchy Cleric
c712a26
?
No.140888
140889 140890
>>140887
"Let me be more specific. I got the whole 'death and destruction' idea from you sending out a massive wave of goblins. What I want to know is what else specifically you hope to accomplish with all this, because I refuse to believe that a horde of you greenies would mass up to this size for purely shits and giggles, as much as that would fit your kind. Are you trying to summon Tiamat, or something else entirely?"
Kavern Master
03b4536
?
No.140889
140891 140892 140894
>>140888
"Our lord works in mysterious ways. The tribes have been united, all in the name of The Dark Lady!" he says, unhelpfully

Roll Sense Motive to see if he visibly responded to anything you just asked; Aral can apply his Favored Enemy bonus (and use Int).
Kavern Master
03b4536
?
No.140890
>>140888
Trips checked, and I'll throw in some extra info if either of you make these checks.
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
cb96aa9
?
No.140891
140893
>>140889
[1d20+8 = 14] Sense Motive
Artorias the Grouchy Cleric
c712a26
?
No.140892
>>140889
[1d20+3 = 8]
Kavern Master
03b4536
?
No.140893
140894 140896
>>140891
You notice the hobgoblin's right eye visibly widen and twitch at the phrase:
>Are you trying to summon Tiamat
before returning to the same angry glare.
Artorias the Grouchy Cleric
c712a26
?
No.140894
140895 140903
>>140893
The plot chickens

>>140889
"Thanks for nothing, there. Next question, what kind of numbers are we up against? I don't care if you give me some rough estimate with one real number and a bunch of zeros or an exat headcount of all of you, but some noghing answer like 'a lot' or 'enough to drown you fuckers in' will just result in me asking until I get that real answer.
Artorias the Grouchy Cleric
c712a26
?
No.140895
>>140894
*exact and *nothing
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
cb96aa9
?
No.140896
140897 140903
>>140893
Int check in place of untrained Knowledge (Religion) (or planes, or whatever applies)
How the fuck does summoning a god even work? Would it be an avatar or something? Can Aral even guess at it?
[1d20+5 = 19]
Also to determine whether he even understands how bad this even is, if nothing else.
Artorias the Grouchy Cleric
c712a26
?
No.140897
140898
>>140896
how do I assist with this roll?
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
cb96aa9
?
No.140898
140899
>>140897
I don't know if you put points into knowledge religion (but I mean, you are a cleric, so you have it as a class skill)
But if nothing else, the aid another is like:
Roll the same skill, if it's higher than 10, then you get to add a +2 to the other player's roll. You might be better off to just roll your own tho.
Artorias the Grouchy Cleric
c712a26
?
No.140899
140900 140903
>>140898
fair enough, I'll just assume you told me what you're thinking about and make my own roll
[1d20+9 = 18]
Artorias the Grouchy Cleric
c712a26
?
No.140900
140901
>>140899
well then
I guess we know about as much as each other
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
cb96aa9
?
No.140901
140902
>>140900
If you have it trained, you still probably know more. Untrained checks allow for common and basic knowledge only iirc.
Artorias the Grouchy Cleric
c712a26
?
No.140902
>>140901
does trained knowledge affect something separately from having it as a skill?
Kavern Master
03b4536
?
No.140903
140904
>>140894
The goblin, possessing high Wisdom but rather low Int, is glad to continue berating your with unintelligoble slurs and let info about the Red Hand slip as he continues to threaten you with Doom
He gobbles in laughter
"Gobgobgobgobgobgob! You have no hope! There are too many of us! Thousands of us march from the human river town as we speak! The giant-ones have joined us, and dragons soar overhead. Saarvith readies to end the swamp elves, and soon even the Lion King will follow us! Gobgobgobgobgob!" the goblin divulges, stupidly
>>140896
>>140899
Summoning a monster is one thing, summoning a god is another. Sustaining a god on the prime material plane permanently is unheard of, but would be apocalyptic if it occurred.
In any case, it would involve the powers of a mighty spellcaster, and a sacrifice of great value. It would be a truly apocalyptic event, were it to unfold.
Artorias the Grouchy Cleric
c712a26
?
No.140904
140905
>>140903
Can I roll something to see if I can figure out who the Lion King and Saarvith are?
Kavern Master
03b4536
?
No.140905
140906
>>140904
Saarvith is unfamiliar.
Aral immediately recognizes the "swamp elves" as the Tiri Kitor Wild Elves in the Blackfens.

Roll knowledge (religion) to see what you might know of this supposed "lion king".
Artorias the Grouchy Cleric
c712a26
?
No.140906
140907
>>140905
[1d20+9 = 22]
Kavern Master
03b4536
?
No.140907
140908
5f0.gif
The hobgoblin cultist suddenly looks nervous, as if he's said too much.
"B-but, he isn't doing anything important there. Who is Saarvith anyway?"
>>140906
Elsir Vale is home to a powerful lich, commonly known as The Ghostlord, who resides in an ancient temple devoted to lions. The Ghostlord is only spoken of in legend, but his power is said to be unmatched.
Artorias the Grouchy Cleric
c712a26
?
No.140908
140909
>>140907
"Nice try, faggot. Anything else you'd like to share with us, since I'm sure you now realize that you can't dig yourself any deeper, or would you rather take it up with your countrymen the next time we see them?"
Kavern Master
03b4536
?
No.140909
140910
>>140908
"N-never! You won't get anything from me! The Lady awaits me!" The cultist declares
Artorias the Grouchy Cleric
c712a26
?
No.140910
140911
>>140909
"She may await you, but first you gotta check back in with her gatekeepers. So, would you rather be executed for treason because you were a dumbass, or because you actually committed treason?"
Kavern Master
03b4536
?
No.140911
140912
>>140910
The goblin scowls, and lands a perfect 20 to spit right through the visor on your helmet, cursing unintelligibly in at least three languages.
Artorias the Grouchy Cleric
c712a26
?
No.140912
140913 140914
>>140911
I remove my helmet, wipe the pit from my eye, wipe it back on one of the restrained bits of the hobgoblin, and whistle for my horse
"Daisy, c'mere."
Artorias the Grouchy Cleric
c712a26
?
No.140913
>>140912
*spit
I am just full of typos today
Artorias the Grouchy Cleric
c712a26
?
No.140914
>>140912
Once my horse is there, I get back on her and have her stamp the gobbo's legs into paste
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.140915
140919
Huzzah!
[1d20+11 = 15]
Artorias the Grouchy Cleric
c712a26
?
No.140916
140917 140918
Anybody want a piece of the hobgoblin before I say the interrogation's over?
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.140917
140919 140921
>>140916
I'm gonna piss on him.
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
cb96aa9
?
No.140918
140921
>>140916
All yours.
Kavern Master
03b4536
?
No.140919
140920 140922
>>140915
Sorry, not high enough to get plot relevant info. The DM says with a sigh of relief.
However, you do know that "The Lion King" is another name given to a horrible monster that haunts the Thornwastes. It is a region that no other druids in the vale dare approach.
>>140917
Roll a Dexterity (pissing) check, add your base attack bonus.
Horse form gives a +4 racial bonus.
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
cb96aa9
?
No.140920
140921 140924
>>140919
>Sorry, not high enough to get plot relevant info.
Hold my Knowledge (Nature).
[1d20+12 = 29]
Artorias the Grouchy Cleric
c712a26
?
No.140921
140925
>>140917
>>140918
Fair enough.
I tell the gobbo "Then I guess you're dying a dumbass." and put him back wherever he was while we were transporting him while we were between towns. As for what to do next, why don't we take all this info over to Pelor's bros and see if they can help us out with any of it, assuming >>140920 somehow turns up nothing
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.140922
140923 140924
>>140919
[1d20+3 = 21]
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.140923
>>140922
Me and Misty piss on him.
Kavern Master
03b4536
?
No.140924
1383170440820.jpg
>>140920
[Sighs]
I really shouldn't be telling you this before part 2 even begins, but I already spoiled in in that ghost-nonsense encounter, so...

The Druids of the Tiri Kitor are old enough to have told you about something called a "Blighter" a wicked ex-druid who has turned against the natural order. The Ghostlord, or "Lion King", is one such Druid, a mage of unmatched power who haunts the Thornwastes.
>>140922 (dubs)
The Cleric is completely covers in piss.
He REEEEEEEEEs a mighty REEEEEEEEEEEEEE as Jorr's dogs join the party.
Kavern Master
03b4536
?
No.140925
>>140921
Jorr helps you tie up the piss-soaked cultist, who writhes in fury as he is gagged.
The hobgoblin's attitude has once again become hostile.
Artorias the Grouchy Cleric
c712a26
?
No.140926
140927
So, now what?
Kavern Master
03b4536
?
No.140927
140928 140929
What we learned today:
>The Red Hand are fanatical followers of the devil Tiamat
>The horde has already begun marching from Drellin's Ferry
>The unknown lord of the horde has ambitions that surpass the conquest of Brindol
>Red Hand veterans and cultists fear not death, for they mean that deserting means sacrifice on the altar of Tiamat
>Int is a dump stat for Clerics
>Elves in trouble
>McGuffin in the Blackfens(?!)
>The "Lion King", a monster of unmatched power, may join the fray
>>140926
Now I read this book and do some work for class registration.
Artorias the Grouchy Cleric
c712a26
?
No.140928
>>140927
A solid decision. Happy reading and GL on that registration work!
Artorias the Grouchy Cleric
c712a26
?
No.140929
>>140927
>int is a dump stat for clerics
can confirm...
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141247
Okay, I'm going to try to actually be prepared for the session this week.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141435
141436
Spoilered
Okay, as I mentioned earlier in the server, I've taken the liberty to do a bit of retconning to the session two weeks ago. It was my mistake to replace a lvl 4 low-op Fighter with a lvl 4 high-op Warblade with a x4 crit modifier.
>muf favored weapon of Tiamat
Because of that I derailed the game and created the "revive Henry" sidequest that forces the party to go to Brindol.

So, with that being said.
>A magical golden elephant (see: Hollyphant) flies by and revives Henry immediately after he dies
>Henry remains lvl 6 because reasons
>Dumbo is immediately torn apart by randomly-spawning demons
>the demons are promptly smited by a randomly-teleporting Paladin on a Door Crusade casting Door To Great Evil:
>http://dnd.arkalseif.info/spells/ghostwalk--94/door-to-great-evil--1384/index.html#:~:text=Door%20to%20great%20evil%20guarantees,with%20a%20way%20to%20return
>Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Film promptly teleports away on his prismatic dyke horse, to do important paladin stuff elsewhere
>An Ethereal Filcher pops in from the Astral Plane and steals the +1 Dragonfang Heavy pick and the priceless blue diamond from Jorr's Bag
>"REEEEEEEE! Dagnabbit! Bloody, plowin' Filchers!"
>A random Hobgoblin Bladebearer charges out of the woods and attacks the party
>She is immediately shot to death by Jorr, who got a sneak attack, and finished off by his dogs
>She Drops two identical +1 Dragoncraft clawed gauntlets (spiked gauntlets, but slashing), and two more potions of Enlarge Person (the party has 3 now).
>An Invisible, flying Wizard helpfully tells Aral that the Ice arrows he found were actually made of Stygian Ice
>John J. Abrams, said Wizard, accidentally steps on a planar manifest zone, and enjoys an all expense paid vacation to the 5th layer of Baator, only to return when his player is able to commit to playing consistently

I know it's gay, but this will make it more enjoyable for everyone.

And so, the party leaves off on day 12, having just finished interrogating the Piss Goblin. It is no longer necessary to go to Brindol to revive Henry, but you may if you wish to.
You could also see what Norro Wiston said about Cromar being in danger in the Blackfens.
Or check out the blockades on the Rhest Trail that the lion lady mentioned, in that area.
Or see what this "Saarvith" guy is planning in the Blackfens to unleash on the elves there.

I turned time back to day 12 because stuff happens in-game regardless of whether or not the PCs move to the next milestone. Also because I don't think anybody absorbed that you could get to both the blackfens and the Rhest Trail via the Elsir River.

After you get to the next milestone (It's in the Blackfens), I will raise the entire party to lvl 7, and switch the game back to XP based leveling.

Also, everyone in the party receives 8 action Points for the remainder this level, since I'm too retarded to know when to fudge a diceroll in the party's favor:
https://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/adventuring/actionPoints.htm
Depending on how you use these, I may make it a permanent part of the game.
Artorias
c712a26
?
No.141436
141437 141439
>>141435
No matter what we do, I nominate that our official secondary objective goes from whatever it was before to "find a silver dragon and convince it to help us"
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.141437
>>141436
Seconding this.
it's more like "bribe a slutty dragoness to be our cum dumpster."
Artorias
c712a26
?
No.141438
141440
As for what I vote we do right now, we take a quick look at brindol to make sure things aren't on fire yet and then go get that free milestone and level saarvith guy so we can stop him
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141439
141442
>>141436
Noted. I'll see if that fits on my map.
Silver Dragon Wyrmlings are ECL 11 though...
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141440
141441
>>141438
You are near Talar, and you haven't heard any news from Brindol except that refugees are still evacuating in that direction, so you can rest assured that shit has not hit the fan (yet).

>tfw my trove PDFs aren't working anymore ;_;
Artorias
c712a26
?
No.141441
141442 141443
>>141440
So then I guess we go in whatever direction the blackfens are in, if nobody objects
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.141442
>>141439
I'm down for waiting till we're qualified to fuck young dragonesses.
>>141441
Yep.
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
3f4a98c
?
No.141443
141444
>>141441
Alright. The only meta reason to go to the city would've been shops and stuff, but going towards the story is kind of important too. Blackfens it is.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141444
>>141443
Ah, heheh.. Good choice. No railroading here...

So, you can either go by boat, or head up the Rhest Trail North of Talar. At this point, I'm situating you guys around Talar, so it'd be quicker on horseback.

You can do any essential shopping in Talar before you move to the Rhest trail. All mundane provisions are available, and low-cost magic items can be found as the merchants dump their stocks for shekels.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141445
214891323_2299d8591c_o.jpg
Also, since I guess trying to hold back map info to avoid metagaming is a lost cause, I managed to find a map of Elsir Vale with all secret doors removed:
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141446
141447 141448
Okay, assuming you guys left on day 10, canonizing the two encounters I ran, it should have taken you 5-6 days to reach the Blackfens, *assuming* nothing else happened along the way.

This info is revealed with Aral's Geography check, inferring from his own memory of the Blackfens, and the Red Hand map.

You rested in Talar on day 13, and went north to Witchcross after suddenly deciding there was nothing worth doing in Brindol for now.

Did you guys want to bring the piss goblin with you?
Artorias
c712a26
?
No.141447
141449
>>141446
yeah, I'm bringing him with us. He may yet prove useful in other ways, anyway. Also, I'd like to note that in case any more gobbos show up, I have my helmet put away so that they don't immediately try to focus me down for being the ultimate heretic or something.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.141448
141449
>>141446
>Did you guys want to bring the piss goblin with you?
Would it hurt to bring him?
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141449
141450 141451
>>141448
Jorr has him tied up and gagged, and he can't cast anything without his unholy symbol. You could feasibly drag him there, but you don't really sense anything else useful from him.
Only drawback on my part is occasionally having to roleplay him.
>>141447
Got it.

Now, does anybody have something they want to buy or sell in Talar?
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.141450
141452
>>141449
>Now, does anybody have something they want to buy or sell in Talar?
What's on the counter of options?
Artorias
c712a26
?
No.141451
141457 141460
>>141449
I have all of jack and shit to sell, so I guess I'd like to hear the list of buying options too
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141452
141453 141454 141456
>>141450
As i said in the server, mundane provisions are available, including special materials, and low-cost magic items are available (feather tokens, potions, weapon augmentation crystals, scrolls, etc). As the merchants dump their stocks for shekels in wake of the coming horde.
Artorias
c712a26
?
No.141453
>>141452
any specific kinds of feather tokens present/ removed from that list?
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.141454
141457
>>141452
What kind of potions other than the ordinary?
Anonymous
3f4a98c
?
No.141456
141457
>>141452
>weapon augmentation crystals
Wasn't aware those were an option. How do those work and which ones are available?
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141457
141458 141462
>>141451
>>141454
Potions of lesser vigor are available. You can barter one cure potion and one flask of alchemical healing paste for a Lesser Vigor potion.

A rare oil of Personal Weapon Augmentation is for sale. You can have it for you can have it for 300 gp.

All feather tokens are available: Price 50 gp (anchor), 300 gp (bird), 200 gp (fan), 450 gp (swan boat), 400 gp (tree), 500 gp (whip).

One merchant is selling a Gray Bag Of Tricks for 800 gp. Less than usual.
And it seems as though a set of Druid's Vestments are going for 3,750 gp. Just over a third of its usual price.

Magic Arrows are sold individually for the price of 50 of said arrows divided by 50.

Really, if you guys want a low-cost magic item, I'll let you buy it. Nothing over 4000 gp is here though.

>>141456
>>141455
You'll have to check the Magic Item Compendium. My trove link is broken.
Artorias
c712a26
?
No.141458
141460
>>141457
question, if we sell off all the garbo we've collected so far and sold it all, how much dosh would we each get from it? Because if I can get around 200 gp, then I'll buy a lesser crystal of life drinking, and if not, then I'll just get a least one
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141460
141463
>>141451
I would like to inform you that the piss goblin was wearing a decent suit of +1 banded mail, before Jorr looted him.
If you want to sell your old armor, that's can be done.
>>141458
It depends on what you sell and were you sell it, but magic item often sell for half their market price.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.141462
>>141457
I'm not going to buy anything.
Artorias
c712a26
?
No.141463
141464
>>141460
I guess I'm taking the hobgobbo's armor and ditching my old suit. Also, is there anything that would indicate to me where would be the best place to sell off our collective loot so as to get the biggest pile to distribute?
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141464
141465 141466
>>141463
If you make a really good diplomacy check, I'll let you sell all of your stuff for %55 of its market price.

Reminder that gems, treasure and art items sell for their full price. They're basically currency.

Also, I would like everyone to sort out what they took from the last few encounters. Unclaimed loot will be taken by Jorr and sold for expensive dog food.
Artorias
c712a26
?
No.141465
141466 141469
>>141464
Anybody care if I take everything we don't care about, sell it off, and bring back the money?
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.141466
141467
>>141464
I'm gonna keep the idol of Ehlonna but sell pretty much whatever else.
>>141465
Go ahead.
Artorias
c712a26
?
No.141467
141468
>>141466
That's one yes, any input from Aral?
Anonymous
3f4a98c
?
No.141468
141471
>>141467
Sure. Check the inventory channel, there was even unclaimed currency in there. I support you being in charge of collecting and splitting up that shit.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141469
>>141465
Please discuss it with the party. I think there's quite a bit of unclaimed loot in the inventory channel.

In game, you would be aware that the Red Hand Horde is going to trample town after town in the coming days. Chances to buy and sell items will be increasingly scarce, and resource management will make the difference between winning and losing.
Artorias
c712a26
?
No.141471
141473
>>141468
Alright, taking all of our unclaimed garbage and selling it! [1d20+11 = 14]

Selling:
-1 lapis
-1 onyx
-Iron samurai mask
-Electrum cloth vest
-Silk hunter's cap with sable trim
-both +1 dragoncraft clawed gauntlets
-my old scale mail
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141473
141479
>>141471
I would like to give Henry's player a chance to claim some of those before final decisions are made.

Fyi, if you don't intend to buy something with the funds, the gems and art items are worth carrying around because they're effectively lighter weight currency. You should be factoring the weight of gold and silver into your carrying capacity.
>50 pieces = 1 pound of metal
Art items also count as masterwork tools for whatever skill you can justify them relating to.

The scale mail sells for 25 gp. Add that money to your sheet.
Artorias
c712a26
?
No.141479
141480
>>141473
fair enough, I'll add the +25 gp to my stash, hold off on selling anything until we can sort out the inventory management, and probably have to wait until next week to actually see if I can purchase what I want to or not
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141480
141481
>>141479
What do you want?
Artorias
c712a26
?
No.141481
141488
>>141480
I'd like the lesser crystal of life drinking, but I'm 110 gp short and I'm pretty sure my charisma won't be getting me any discounts if my previous roll is of any indication.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141488
141490 141493 141497
>>141481
A lesser Crystal Of life drinking only heals 30 hp a day. You might be better off buying potions of lesser vigor, a healing belt, or just casting spells.
A lesser augmentation crystal can only be equipped to a weapon of +1 quality. You would need acquire a +1 Mace or other weapon to attach it to, unless you intend to attatch it to your horned helmet.
Artorias
c712a26
?
No.141490
141492
>>141488
so I'd just be better off getting the least one anyway?
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141492
141494
>>141490
You'd be better off not getting one at all, but sure you can buy a least one.

The piss goblin dropped a masterwork mace, btw.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.141493
aryanne check em.png
>>141488
Checked.
Artorias
c712a26
?
No.141494
141498 141500
>>141492
Then I guess I'll just buy a belt of healing, claim that masterwork mace in >>141492 and then promptly sell it off too since it's functionally identical to my current mace from what I can tell.
Anonymous
3f4a98c
?
No.141497
141500
>>141488
based digits
>A lesser augmentation crystal can only be equipped to a weapon of +1 quality
So, assuming it would work with my +1 composite longbow (or +1 blade), how much would a Lesser Crystal of Energy Assault cost with the merchants fleeing and all that?
Artorias
c712a26
?
No.141498
>>141494
I just realized I responded to a post and then quoted it later in the same post... Somebody kill me IRL
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141500
141502 141503 141504
>>141494
The healing belt is a good items. Between two of those and your spontaneous channeling, the party should have more than enough healing.
The healing belt is a common enough item to be found. You can buy it for 750 gp, which is also the cost of a wand of lesser vigor or cure light wounds.
>>141497
A lesser augmentation crystal of energy assault is going to cost you 3000 gp. You conveniently find a merchant who has one.
Anonymous
3f4a98c
?
No.141502
141506
>>141500
Shit. Only have 2365.
How much would throwing in my armor net me? It's a Mithral Chain Shirt.
Artorias
c712a26
?
No.141503
>>141500
I'll just buy the healing belt, that seems good for me.
Artorias
c712a26
?
No.141504
141506
>>141500
also, how much does selling the masterwork mace get me?
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141506
141507 141508
>>141502
You had a spare mithral chain shirt in the vault loot, iirc.
Your Star Ruby is worth 1200 gp, btw.

I'm going to go eat lunch now.
>>141504
You can sell the mace for 154 gp.
Artorias
c712a26
?
No.141507
141508
>>141506
Then I sell the mace too.
Anonymous
3f4a98c
?
No.141508
141512
>>141506
>Star Ruby
Right. I was under the impression someone else took it, to be honest. But double checking it, it seems nobody did. (Someone absolutely should have.)
So, if this is right, then I use my gold and the ruby to buy a lesser augmentation crystal of energy assault (electricity), sell the spare chain shirt, leaving me with 565 gp + whatever the mithral chain shirt sells for.
This remaining gold is now available for anyone to augment their shopping needs, as according to my own logic encountering that specific loot pile, the ruby is technically common party loot. So feel free to claim it for a purchase now if you're just short of moneys to get something. >>141507 >>141493
(Otherwise I'll split it up once we're done with shopping and inventory stuff.)
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141512
141515
>>141508
I thought you got the star Ruby and Hamfist got the Star Sapphire.
Anonymous
3f4a98c
?
No.141515
141516
>>141512
I took the blue star sapphire from that encounter. In the server I said I would like to sell that and one of the +1 elven blades. You answered I get a 1000 gp for those. If we are indeed talking about the chimera loot, and the 1000 gp is accurate for selling those 2, then just ignore my previous post, as I has no access to the ruby.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141516
In case you guys didn't see the message on the server, everybody gains an extra 1500 gp to spend on whateverthefuck.
>>141515
You can get 700 gp for the chain shirt.

I was indeed referring to the chimera loot.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141524
Okay, after the party did their business in Talar, they would go north past Witchcross towards where they were told the Blockade should be.

As the evening of day 15 closes in, I'm giving Aral's player a chance to scout ahead.
>Up ahead, a crude, 10 ft high palisade of logs has been been erected across the road, extending forty feet to either side and completely blocking all passage. A squat, 20 ft watchtower looms in the middle of the palisade. You catch a glimpse of movement up in the tower, and spy a hobgoblin archer leaning against a post with his chin on his chest.
So yes. There is indeed a blockade on Rhest Trail, just before the Blackfens.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141529
>dicerolls
Aral hears the sounds of hobgoblins boasting about battle, and boredom of being left out of the killing down south.
He also hears the sounds of what you can only assume to be a couple large (not huge) giants snoring.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141911
Okay, it looks like our Warblade has been swapped out for a Crusader. I wish his player had told me that before I retconned him back to life, but that's just what happened.

Everyone spent the past week doing inventory.

Chad spent day 13 building a shrine of Ehlonna in the Witchwood, by casting grow plants and wood shape. He placed his unicorn totem there in doing so, the value of which will be considered tithes paid to the Assembly Of Balance.

The party rests at Witchcross on day 15. That evening, Aral and Jorr scout ahead to investigate the blockade. They were able to detect at least 8 humanoids and two giants.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141912
141913 141914 141915
636252772538300448.jpeg
And so, without further ado.
random phase spider appears and drags Henry Hamfist into the void
Anonymous
1708525
?
No.141913
>>141912
He's going to Brazil
Anonymous
910197f
?
No.141914
>>141912
Those crafty phase spooders
Anonymous
1708525
?
No.141915
>>141912
It wants to suck him off
Anonymous
1708525
?
No.141916
My character is a goliath amazonian covered in an unruly mass of heavy and crude crystal plating, who is wielding what appears to be a giant hammer made of jagged and poorly shaped crystal.
Anonymous
1708525
?
No.141917
141918
A hulking amazonian goliath stumbles out of the woods while extremely drunk and looks around. "Why the fuck is the road blocked?"
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141918
141919
>>141917
"Goblins." a shit-faced drunken woodsman says, drunkenly
"Blockin' the roads. Ready fo' war..." he mumbles
Anonymous
1708525
?
No.141919
>>141918
The amazon ponders a solution for a moment. "I'm gonna fucking smash it to smithereens."
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141920
RedHandOfDoom_RoadBlockade_Player.jpg
Aral was able to make out the basic structure of the blockade as something like this:
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141921
RedHandOfDoom_Blackfens_Player.jpg
Player Map of the Blackfens
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.141922
>>139447
Updated list.
3rd level spells:
Sleet storm
Call lightning
2nd level:
Bull's strength
Chill metal
Flaming sphere
1st level:
Calm animals
Faerie fire
Entangle
Produce flame
Cure light wounds
Level 0:
Guidance
Detect magic
Flare
Purify food and drink
Mending
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.141923
141924
"My horse is amazing."
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141924
141925
asperii.gif
>>141923
[happy horse noises]
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.141925
>>141924
"I like mares."
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141926
DAY 16; Morning

We'll begin the encounter as soon as I figure out who is approaching from what angle, and in what order.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141927
Geee, planning takes forever.
Combat starting now though.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141928
Okay, combat is over.
Artorias of the No Shit Taken
c712a26
?
No.141929
141934
to the amazonian goliath: "Thanks for helping us out and all, but who the fuck are you?"
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141930
In the chest you guys find.
>White tiger pelt
>Orange tiger pelt
>500 gp
>a pair of silk slippers
>strange ointment
A naked elf and a naked dwarf both fall out of the sack the other ogre was carrying. Both women. They're both unconscious. The elf is gagged with an apple; the dwarf with an onion.
Apparently the ogres were saving these two to eat later.
Anonymous
1708525
?
No.141931
The goliath has already called dibs on the slippers and the ointment as well as the elf. She'll claim the dwarf as well if nobody wants it.
Anonymous
1708525
?
No.141932
141933 141935
Vomeo(the female goliath) rubs some of the strange ointment onto her pointer finger and jams it into the elf's cunt before slapping the smaller woman across the face. The goliath then waits to see what the ointment does.
Artorias of the No Shit Taken
c712a26
?
No.141933
>>141932
"Who the fuck are you?"
Anonymous
1708525
?
No.141934
141936 141946
>>141929
"My name is Vomeo Woundchaser Kolakalathi. I was trying to find my way back to town after getting into a drinking contest with some other goliaths in the woods."
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141935
141937
>>141932
Anon, are you sure you want to do that?
Artorias of the No Shit Taken
c712a26
?
No.141936
141940
>>141934
"Fair enough. Thanks for the help there, the pervert and his horse probably wouldn't have made it otherwise."
Anonymous
1708525
?
No.141937
141938 141939 141941
>>141935
You're right. Vomeo will put her ointment covered finger into the dwarf's cunt before slapping her awake instead of doing it to the elf. That way I still have the elf if something happens to the dwarf.
Anonymous
1708525
?
No.141938
>>141937
My character has gauntlets on so it won't get onto her hands
Artorias of the No Shit Taken
c712a26
?
No.141939
>>141937
And I stand by on medical duty in case shit goes south
Anonymous
1708525
?
No.141940
>>141936
"Don't mention it. Looks like it paid off anyways."
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141941
141942
>>141937
... Okay.
The both remain unconscious. Vomeo has used two out of five of the applications in the bottle.

And her alignment changes from CG to CN.
Anonymous
1708525
?
No.141942
141943
>>141941
Works for me. I'll try to shake the dwarf awake.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141943
141944
Anybody else want to identify these items before they're used up?
>>141942
The dwarf remains unconscious.
Artorias of the No Shit Taken
c712a26
?
No.141944
141945
>>141943
split the dosh? 4 people is 125 each
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141945
>>141944
That's doable.
Meta: Vomeo just used up quite a bit of money worth of ointment.
It's clearly magical.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.141946
141948
>>141934
"Hello."
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141947
141948
Oh, now that I look at it, the women should slowly awaken after the ointment is applied.

They both get up.
Anonymous
1708525
?
No.141948
141949 141951
>>141946
"So who are you?"
>>141947
Are they both still tied up?
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141949
141950
>>141948
Yes.
Anonymous
1708525
?
No.141950
>>141949
Nice
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.141951
>>141948
"I am Chad of the mountain mist, my greatest ally is this horse, my plum pudding."
Anonymous
1708525
?
No.141952
Vomeo uses three of her healing belts to heal Aral, Chad, and Misty for 6d8 HP each.

Aral gets back 29 HP, Misty gets back 17, and Chad gets back 19.
Anonymous
1708525
?
No.141953
141954 141955
Vomeo leans down and tilts the elf and dwarves chins up so they're meeting her eyes. "How did you end up captured by goblins?"
Anonymous
1708525
?
No.141954
>>141953
*dwarf's
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141955
141956 141957
>>141953
Pardon I was eating.
The elf and dwarf, after some time recovering, explain that they'd been captured by hobgoblins in one of the various raids that have been scouring the countryside lately.
Anonymous
1708525
?
No.141956
141957
>>141955
“Well it sucks to be you.” Vomeo says while using 10ft of her rope to make collars and hand ties for the two women.
Artorias of the No Shit Taken
c712a26
?
No.141957
141958
>>141956
"Now hold on, I have an idea."
>>141955
I ask the two of them "What kind of skills do you have?"
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141958
141959
>>141957
"I bake cookies." says the elf
"I butchered hogs in Nimon Gap." says the dwarf
Artorias of the No Shit Taken
c712a26
?
No.141959
141960
>>141958
so that's a fat no... Alright, whichever one Vomeo likes less is being set free and told to get the fuck out of dodge.
Anonymous
1708525
?
No.141960
141961
>>141959
I’ll keep the elf and let the dwarf go.
Anonymous
1708525
?
No.141961
141962 141963
>>141960
Since I’m letting the dwarf go, I’ll use the 10ft of rope to make one collar, one leash, and a hand tie to keep the elf’s hands bound. Doing this instead of making two collars and two hand ties.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141962
141965
>>141961
Dude, are you really going to drag an elf through knee-deep, monster-infested mud?
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
ea105f9
?
No.141963
141965
>>141961
Wait, I thought you said in the server that you'd let the elf go and keep the dwarf instead?
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141964
141968
Okay. Aral, you know that Starsong hill, the home of the elves, is further east. Rhest is more readily accessible, being the remains of an ancient kingdom.
>rolled some checks.
Your journey north is uneventful, and you turn onto the trail beside the road into the Blackfens
Almost immediately after you turn onto the Blackfens, the ground gets really, really, really muddy.
Aral feels crestfallen as he gets mud all over his new magic shoes. Nothing a little prestigitation won't fix though.

Aral, I would like yout to roll a survival check to see how well you're able to traverse the swamp.
Anonymous
1708525
?
No.141965
141966 141968
>>141962
Yes
>>141963
Nah it’s the other way around unless Aral wants me to free the elf instead of the dwarf on account of them both being elves.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141966
141967 141969
>>141965
Where are you keeping the dwarf?
Artorias of the No Shit Taken
c712a26
?
No.141967
>>141966
we're letting the dorf go, right?
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
ea105f9
?
No.141968
141970 141971
>>141964
[1d20+10 = 28] Survival
>>141965
Yeah I just thought you already agreed to that. I would like to request it again then.
Anonymous
1708525
?
No.141969
>>141966
Letting the dwarf go since I’m taking the elf. The elf has a collar with a leash attached and her hands are bound behind her back. My character doesn’t care if she dies.
Anonymous
1708525
?
No.141970
141972 141973
>>141968
Alright then the elf gets freed and the dwarf is the one I’m jeeping
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141971
>>141968
With a check like that, you're able to avoid some of the deadly sinkholes and exploding pockets of gas.
Anonymous
1708525
?
No.141972
141973
>>141970
*keeping
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.141973
141974 141975
>>141970
>>141972
Where are you keeping it?
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.141974
>>141973
What about the sack that ogre was carrying? He could put the midget back in there.
Anonymous
1708525
?
No.141975
>>141973
To fuck and so she can do menial labor while we’re camping
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142545
Phase spiders suddenly snatch up the elf and dwarf bitches.
Because I don't feel like roleplaying them anymore.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142546
Es-trDuUcBITX5i.png

Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142547
Okay, so still in the morning of day 16 you guys are trudging through the mud in the Blackfens. Aral's survival check has saved you from multiple sinkholes and explosions, but you're still making very slow progress to the ruins of Rhest.

Jorr grumbles something about the Witchwood being a lot dryer.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142548
142549
FUCKING_DROWNERS.png
Aral, I would like you to roll a survival check that may or may not dictate how many random encounters you guys get in this biome.
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
42b6e5a
?
No.142549
142550
>>142548
[1d20+10 = 28]
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142550
142553
>>142549
[disappointed GM noises]

Alright, Aral was able to steer the party away from an entire mob of aquatic ghouls, three bog hags, and a trail at which the party would have found themselves waist-deep in rot grubs.

Still, that took up several hours of trudging through the mud, hoping from dry point to dry point. You are all very wet and stinky.

Except for Chad, who gets to watch the rest of you guys suffer from the back of his magical flying horse.

DAY 16; AROUND NOON
Anonymous
1708525
?
No.142551
File (hide): 51C143886B923828B479F70BA3560666-2621642.mp4 (2.5 MB, Resolution:960x960 Length:00:00:21, IMG_4054.MP4) [play once] [loop]
IMG_4054.MP4

Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142552
142553
And before the rest of you guys ask if you might have wanted to fight those monsters, note that none of them would have had treasure; and they would have exhausted your resources before you got to the real encounters.

However, there's one thing that Aral didn't see, as a burbling shape rises from the mud before the party.

Everyone meet me in #combat for initiative.
Artorias of the No Shit Taken
c712a26
?
No.142553
>>142550
YES
>>142552
FUCK
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142554
Aral knows that this fearsome beast is a chuul. A large, crustacean-like Aberration with strong pincers and paralytic tentacles. Try to avoid letting yourselves or your horses being grappled.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142555
636252767122656355.jpeg
DSvnHfYU8AEHx_3.jpg
Twisted_Caverns.jpg

Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142556
kobold_stonks.png
Okay, Aral cuts open the Chuul and finds...

*rolls table*
>realizes I rolled a CR 11 loot pile
*rolls again*
>it's still freaking 99 percentile roll

e_e

Are all of the fucking random encounters going to have bullshit treasure rolls?

Okay, in this fat fucking bastard's Chuul's gizzard, you find:
>A set of +1 electrum plate armor (1000 gp art value)
>Feathered Gloves (100 gp) (ruined)
>Fine Leather Shoes (300 gp) (digested)
>Gold Figurine (of an Angel) (900 gp)
>Leopard Fur Tabard (1300 gp) (acid burned)
>Pewter Dice (pair) (70 gp)
>Folding Boat
>Wand of invisibility (7 charges) (totally didn't have 43 charges); runes imply function
>Wand of Cure Moderate Wounds (23 charges)
>A Motherfucking Ring Of Protection (+2), runes on its side imply its function.
>Robe Of Useful Items[/-] (digested)
>+1 Mithril Heavy Steel Shield
>+2 [i]Flaming
longbow
I'd would've thrown away that last one if it weren't so goddamn perfect for Aral. This is your weapon for the rest of the entire campaign. Don't break it.
How this chuul (albeit an advanced one) managed to swallow a 15th level item is beyond me.

And a fuckton of humanoid bones, human, lizadfolk, elf and goblinoid alike. Apparently this fat bastard has had a good year. Must have eaten a king or two.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142557
Okay, now that you spoiled fucks are filthy rich. You can decide how much you want to heal up before I ready the next encounter for this day, after your done splitting the loot.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142558
f35852638b0eb8c304cef699b5ab1ef6.gif
>mfw the monster yields 11 times the recommended treasure value because I decided to roll instead of just picking from a list.
Oh well, too late to take it back. Maybe a bit of Monty Halling will get us this game a bit faster.
Anonymous
1708525
?
No.142559
04FD0DE1-9B3F-4640-862D-F447A8A4ACA6.jpeg

Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142560
The Chuul, much like a lobster, begins to rapidly deteriorate into inedible ooze shortly after it dies, much to Jorr's dismay.

With a few words from Jorr (after his own survival check), Aral slowly realizes that it's unlikely that the party is going to get all the way to Rhest at this rate. You guys are going to want to take a slight detour to find some dry land if you want to rest comfortably tonight.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142561
142562
Okay, Aral rolled well enough in the server to find some forested area that seems a bit safer to travel and rest on, at the cost of a slight detour. This is good, because the horses were getting increasingly difficult to coax through the mud, so much that I was going to force rolling some checks.

He also dodges the horde of drowners and hags I wanted to throw at the party. Maybe some other day.

As the evening settles in on the swamp, the party eventually makes camp, assuming you guys want arcane spells and complete healing.
Artorias of the No Shit Taken
c712a26
?
No.142562
142564
>>142561
if we're taking a long rest, then I guess I prepare the same spells that I've been preparing
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142563
142567
As you guys are trudging across the Blackfens, looking for high ground, Aral, then Chad/Misty, and then Jorr spot something ahead:
>A low, mossy island of mud and peat protrudes from the marsh waters ahead. Two gnarled trees grow fitfully on the rugged ground, and sprawled across their turgid roots is the ruined and bloody remains of a horse-sized owl. The once-magnificent bird’s body has been partially dissolved in places, and swaths of foul, dark green fluid still sizzle and pop, eating away at exposed flesh and bone.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142564
142565 142566 142568
>>142562
You haven't gotten there yet.

Both Aral and Chad can roll nature checks to identify the corpse of this creature.
Aral and Artorias can also roll Arcana.
Artorias of the No Shit Taken
c712a26
?
No.142565
>>142564
I doubt it'll help much given my +0 to int and no arcana knowledge, but I'll give it a shot
[1d20 = 16]
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
5d53801
?
No.142566
142569 142570 142577
>>142564
[1d20+12 = 17] nature
[1d20+6 = 16] arcana
And a spot for good measure, because at this point I expect the damned ground to jump up at us. [1d20+17 = 29]
Artorias of the No Shit Taken
c712a26
?
No.142567
142569
>>142563
"Hope that whatever killed that thing is the crab we pasted back there, but I doubt it."
Anonymous
315ab8b
?
No.142568
142569
>>142564
[1d20+11 = 26] Nature.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142569
142571
>>142568
>>142566
As you get closer, you recognize it as a Giant Owl: a monster native to this region, and commonly a mount for the Tiri Kitor elves.
>>142567
You can also roll a Heal check for an autopsy, if you want to go look at it.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142570
142578
>>142566
You think you see something 50-ish feet away.
Artorias of the No Shit Taken
c712a26
?
No.142571
142572 142575
>>142569
[1d20+3 = 6]
heal to see if the owl died from anything we need to be worried about
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142572
142573
>>142571
That check is so low I'm going to pretend it didn't happen.
Artorias of the No Shit Taken
c712a26
?
No.142573
142574 142575 142577
>>142572
ok, let's try for one less embarrassing while the DM is "checking his papers" or something!
[1d20+3 = 5]
Artorias of the No Shit Taken
c712a26
?
No.142574
142578
>>142573
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.142575
>>142571
>>142573
>The second one is worse
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142576
142577 142578
Aral, you think you see something reptilian lurking in the brush not far away.
Since I put you (the survivalist) in the forefront, you appear to have seen in before it saw the party.

You have one (1) round to act.

What do you do?
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142577
142579
>>142573
By "pretend it didn't happen", I meant "give Aral a chance to respond to the monster he just saw".
>>142566
You see a vaguely-crocodilian creature lurking in the brush.
See >>142576
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
5d53801
?
No.142578
142580
>>142574
It's alright, you are clearly distracted by the annoying elf motioning into the distance because he noticed something that might've moved >>142570
>>142576
I try to being it to the attention of the party in quiet manner, and prepare to respond if it attacks.
Artorias of the No Shit Taken
c712a26
?
No.142579
>>142577
ah

fuck
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142580
>>142578
No action is necessary to communicate with the party.

Everyone, can meet me in #combat for now to roll initiative again.
After Aral rolls his surprise round, since he moved first.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142581
142582
Oekaki.png
>Terrain: Draw a small hillock, dominated by two small trees, where the owl’s carcass lies. Most of the rest of the battlefield consists of light undergrowth (peat), heavy undergrowth (stands of reeds), or shallow bog.
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
5d53801
?
No.142582
>>142581
That is the most beautiful thing I have seen in years.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142584
142585
Well... That didn't last nearly as long as I expected it to...

The Greenspawn Razorfiend didn't stand a chance agains Aral's "PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW" attacks, with his max-rolled Arrowsplit and Rapid shot, taking 6 plasma blasts and dying in one round.

It did manage to deal significant damage to the party though.
Artorias of the No Shit Taken
c712a26
?
No.142585
142587
>>142584
so... long rest time?
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142586
GreenspawnRazorfiend3e.jpg
Forgot pic.
This encounter really illustrates the importance of stealth, perception, and surprise rounds. The Razorfiend had powerful attacks that crit on an 18, and had serious potential to kill one or two party member with its spring attacks.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142587
142590
>>142585
The Hillock is comfortably dry. A suitable place to make camp.

Jorr is cutting into the Razorfiend, seeing if its edible.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142589
142590 142591
Anybody want to inspect either carcass and/or the area?
Artorias of the No Shit Taken
c712a26
?
No.142590
142592
>>142587
alright, then I'm changing up my spell list a bit
0: still detect magic
1: 1 divine favor, 1 blessed aim, 1 lesser vigor, 2 entropic shield
2: 1 divine insight, 1 spiritual weapon, 1 hold person, 2 windwall
3: 1 dispel magic, 1 prayer, 1 visage of deity, and 1 gaseous form

>>142589
sure, what do I roll?
Artorias of the No Shit Taken
c712a26
?
No.142591
142592
>>142589
I guess I should specify, I want to look at the razorfiend
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142592
142594
>>142590
It depends what you're doing.
There are a number of things to explore:
>owl carcass (no check required)
>dead razorfiend (Survival)
>general area (search)
>Making camp (survival)
>Keep watch (spot/listen)
>>142591
You can roll a Wisdom check to assist Jorr with his survival check then.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142593
142600
Okay, Chad, with the help of Jorr's dogs, is easily able to locate a rusty iron coffer, that this monster appears to have stashed at on the highest point of the islet.
Inside is what appears to be treasure. I will post its contents shortly.
Artorias of the No Shit Taken
c712a26
?
No.142594
142595
>>142592
[1d20+3 = 22]
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142595
142596
>>142594
Its digestive tract an obsidian ring set with a single white pearl.
Artorias of the No Shit Taken
c712a26
?
No.142596
142597
>>142595
Detect magic that shit!
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142597
142598
>>142596
Nothing, but you do Detect Magic around the area that Chad is poking at.
Artorias of the No Shit Taken
c712a26
?
No.142598
142599
>>142597
then can I go investigate there too?
Artorias of the No Shit Taken
c712a26
?
No.142599
142600
>>142598
actually, on second thought, I want to know a bit more about that ring. Is there anything visually interesting about it that I can tell?
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142600
142601
>>142593
In the coffer, you guys find:
>headband of intellect +2
>+2 rapier
>Pearl of Power (2nd-level spells)
>ring of protection +2
>Lesser Metamagic Rod of Empower
>720 gp
You also find an Artificer's Monocle, which Artorias promptly used to identify all of the above, because I really don't feel like running a sidequest to identify every item you guys find.
>>142599
It has runes carved on it. It appears to be written in elvish.
Artorias of the No Shit Taken
c712a26
?
No.142601
>>142600
Aral has been prompted to translate the ring.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142602
142603 142604
The owl has a jade band around its leg, inscribed with elven letters that spell the name "Liokio."
The ring has moonrunes that spell "Lanikar."
Artorias of the No Shit Taken
c712a26
?
No.142603
142605
>>142602
Either of these names mean anything to anyone here?
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
5d53801
?
No.142604
>>142602
>Lanikar
Is that a name of someone?
Also, can I take the the jade band with me? Seems like someone might want to know their fate.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142605
142606
As Aral is trying on his new headband, he hears something flapping in the dusk.
>>142603
They're elven names. Evidently the names of this owl and its rider.
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
5d53801
?
No.142606
142607
>>142605
>flapping
The hell? Spot!
[1d20+17 = 36]
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142607
142609 142610 142612
>>142606
You hear a strange rush of wind and see soaring overhead five giant owls like the one that lies dead in the clearing. Each bears a rider—a dark-haired elf wearing leather armor dyed green and brown to match the colors of the marsh. The flying elves circle the area twice, and then alight next to the slain owl. They study you with narrowed eyes. Then one speaks. “Who are you?” he demands. “What are you doing in the marsh?”
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142608
95655.jpg
pic
Artorias of the No Shit Taken
c712a26
?
No.142609
142613 142616
>>142607
"We heard some red hand assholes were trying to bring back Tiamat and they're looking for help from some lich named the Lion King or something. We were hoping you all had some kind of maguffin to help us out."
diplomacy if needed: [1d20+11 = 31]
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
5d53801
?
No.142610
142616
>>142607
Aral does whatever edgy official salute the Tiri Kitor have. He should remember that much, at least.
"Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh. We seek to stop the Red Hand, as my comrade said."
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.142612
142616
>>142607
"We're looking for a lonely wizard and some mega pussy, and fighting goblins, that too."
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142613
142615
>>142609
The tree niggers Wild Elves chatter amongst themselves in their native language

Fyi, diplomacy takes 10 rounds to work. It's advisable to try it after the conversation, unless you want a -10 penalty.
...But, you rolled a perfect check, so the Elf that appears to be the leader appears to shift from unfriendly to indifferent.

He says nothing, and orders his hunters to search the area. They poke at the dead bird, and the razorfiend carcass.

Jorr steps back into the shadows and says nothing.
Artorias of the No Shit Taken
c712a26
?
No.142615
142621
>>142613
I toss him the ring
"Found this in the guts of that green minidragon over there, not sure where the rest of him is."
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142616
142617
>>142610
>>142612
The elves continue to whisper, the captain(?), says nothing, but continues to nod, looking at you all suspiciously.

After a minute of agonizingly awkward silence, he finally speaks again, in common
>>142609
"... Did you... Happen to find a band on that this owl's leg?"
Artorias of the No Shit Taken
c712a26
?
No.142617
142618
>>142616
"Somebody did." (to the general party) "Who grabbed the owl's ring?"
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
5d53801
?
No.142618
142619 142620
>>142617
Here. Lanikar's ring.
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
5d53801
?
No.142619
>>142618
"quotes"
Artorias of the No Shit Taken
c712a26
?
No.142620
>>142618
"There you go, owl ring."
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142621
142622 142623
KilliarArrowswift.jpg
>>142615
The elf catches it swiftly, and looks right at it.
"... Lanikar..." He says, sullenly.

The elf's attitude seems to have v retroactively improved, and he finally introduces himself:
"I am Killiar Arrowswift: Battlehunter of the Tiri Kitor Tribe."
pic
Artorias of the No Shit Taken
c712a26
?
No.142622
142624
>>142621
"Artorias Greenmarsch, cleric of Bahamut. Now that the pleasantries are out of the way, I hear you all have a problem with goblins and dragons."
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.142623
142626
>>142621
"Nice to meet you Mister Swift."
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142624
142630
>>142622
"Goblins... The elf says, spitting in indignation, "Indeed, they have been roving around in greater number lately, but what disturbs me is these." he says, pointing his bow towards the dead razorfiend
"These monstrosities that have been multiplying by the dozen as of late."
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142626
>>142623
The Elf makes an weird bowing, nodding gesture that Chad can only assume to be a polite greeting.
Artorias of the No Shit Taken
c712a26
?
No.142630
142633
>>142624
"Yeah, these things are minions of Tiamat and there are only going to be more of them until the green midgets are dead and those same green midgets are trying to summon a god with that aforementioned lich. So, any help you guys can give us?"
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142633
142634
Okay, I'm going to fast-forward this dialogue a little bit, if nobody minds.

Even with Artorias's modified 37, the elf appears unwilling to answer very many questions here, as if under orders.
Aral can hear him whisper to a subordinate that their presence in the region "seems both fortuitous and suspect".
>>142630
The elf responds sternly
"I've said too much already, but perhaps the speaker of my tribe may wish to speak with you. Our home is fairly close by air, but very far by land or boat. My hunters' owls would carry you."
Artorias of the No Shit Taken
c712a26
?
No.142634
142637
>>142633
>owls carrying us off
and then what would happen to the horses that can't fly?
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142637
142638 142639
>>142634
"Yeah, and what about me pooches?!" Jorr says

The elf responds
"You were bold to bring your hooves beasts this far into the swamps." the elf says, gesturing to two elf warriors who begrudgingly get off of their birbs
"My hunters will attend to them. They will rendezvous with us at the village."
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142638
142639 142640
>>142637
Jorr interjects.
"That would still take days. It's not fair to the horses to have 'em trudge through the bog. How 'bout I take care of 'em while you folks go on?"
Artorias of the No Shit Taken
c712a26
?
No.142639
142642
>>142638
>>142637
anybody have a preference as to whether the elves bring our horses with them to the village or Jorr plays pony valet for a while?
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.142640
142645
>>142638
"I don't have a good feeling about this."
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
5d53801
?
No.142642
>>142639
I trust Jorr more than air-lifting horses.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142645
142647 142653
>>142640
"Oh, don' worry about me. I can take care o' meself." The woodsman says, tossing his knife in the air and catching it.
>*is immediately killed-off by obnoxious DM*
"Say, why don' I take 'em back to the road? These guys will only slow you all down so long as you're movin' through the swamps."
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.142647
142649
>>142645
"If you insist."
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142649
>>142647
The woodsman shrugs
"I prefer dry ground anyways."
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142650
142656 142659
Do we have a consensus?
Anonymous
c712a26
?
No.142653
142658
>>142645
I give Daisy a pat on the head and leave her everlasting feed bag with her
(to Jorr) "If she's not in the condition I'm entrusting her to you in or better when we get back, then there's going to be problems that I will expect you to solve."
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
5d53801
?
No.142656
142658
>>142650
I am slowly realizing that this might be your way of writing out Jorr from the campaign until it is convenient for him to return at some point. Ya clever bastard.
But yeah, we agree.
Aral leads his horse to stand next to the others. "Take good care of them."
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142658
>>142653
>>142656
"Yeah, yeah. I know how to take care o' a horse. It's people that ah got problems with.." The woodsman says gruffly, taking the horses by the lead.

Okay, and with that, you guys all get on owls, except for Chad on Misty, and fly off into the night.

Vomeo, who seems to have passed out at some point, is carried unconsciously by her panties, the owl panting as it struggles to lift her.

*shuffles through notes*
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.142659
>>142650
Yes.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142660
Okay, it take you all no more than two hours before you all reach the Tiri Kitor Encampment at Starsong Hill.

Give me 5-10 minutes to go pee and get a drink.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142662
RedHandOfDoom_StarsongHill_Player.jpg
Forgot pic
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142669
The giant owls are silent as they wing through the gloom, apparently able to navigate effortlessly through the darkness. Your elf escorts are also silent, aside from softly pointing out some dimly glimpsed landmark far below from time to time.
Before long, you reach your destination. Rising from the marsh is a low hill of solid ground, encircled by a thick ring of trees. Dozens of pinpoints of light dot the hill—small lanterns filled with fireflies, each hanging from a tree platform or the upper reaches of a conical tent. Many elves silently emerge to watch as you fly overhead. Killiar produces a sleek, silver horn of some sort from a saddlebag and blows one wailing note similar to a loon’s cry.
Near the hill’s peak stand three large trees, and built into their boughs are wooden structures. One glows softly with luminescence of its own and seems to be a temple. Another looks to be some sort of public building or town hall. The third, and your destination, is the smallest of the three—a cozy-looking tree house set above a large pool.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142671
Okay, Killiar lands first at the porch of the speaker's treehouse and the owls promptly fuck off to their nests after dropping their charges.

Killiar asks you all to wait as he steps into the building, a few moments later he steps out and asks you all to enter.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142674
142685
Sellyria_Starsinger.jpg
Aral notices an enormous crocodile in the pool below. It appears to be asleep.

Waiting inside is a wise-looking and ancient elf. She wears flowing golden and green robes, and her hair is braided around a complex headdress made of wicker and wood. She stands next to a much younger female elf in plain brown and green robes who looks to have been crying recently. The younger elf is seated in a large wicker chair, and the standing elf indicates nearby chairs for you. Behind you, Killiar the hunter takes a silent stance near the door.
“I am Sellyria Starsinger, Speaker for the Tiri Kitor,” the standing elf says. She indicates the seated elf and continues, “This is High Singer Trellara Nightshadow; her brother fell prey to the monster you slew earlier. We thank you for destroying it." She says, we a polite bow
"We do not often see strangers in our homeland. What brings you to the Blackfens?”
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142675
aOiaKTa.png
Pic is the other elf
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142678
142680
Okay, Chad has expressed disinterest in continuing this session, and the other players want to wait for him.
Not to toot my own horn, but I think it's been a productive session:
>3 encounters
>plot advancement
>nobody died
>still challenging
>I don't feel exhausted/miserable
Pretty good for PbP, if I do say so myself.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.142680
142682
>>142678
I'm still here, I was 'busy' with something a little more important.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142682
142683
>>142680
Oh
Well, do you want to go through the dialogue encounter?
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.142683
>>142682
Sure, if everyone else wants to.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.142685
142686 142694
>>142674
"We are here to eat horse pussy and kick goblin ass."
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142686
142687
>>142685
The elf appears confused, but appears to shrug off Chad's comment as some strange human idiom.
"Goblins, you say? What do you know of those savages?"
Anonymous
c712a26
?
No.142687
142688 142694
>>142686
"Those knife-eared jackasses are trying to summon a god and they're trying to get some fucko calling himself the Lion King or something to help them. Any ideas on how to stop that from happening?"
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142688
142690 142692 142694
6dac7242262515.560718d6ed2ef.jpg
>>142687
>knife-eared
>he says, to the elven speaker
"....................."
The elf lady pauses for a moment.
Anonymous
c712a26
?
No.142690
>>142688
bro I swear I'm not racist bro I just don't like goblins bro and it's not even for race reasons bro it's religiously motivated I swear
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
5d53801
?
No.142692
142694
>>142688
"He means little green knives. Of goblins." - says Aral, internally screaming, and probably not helping much at all with the attempted clarification. Then tries to copy the bow the elven lads did before, and follows up with "Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh."
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142694
142696
>>142687
>>142688
>>142692
After a moment of excruciatingly-awkward silence, the ancient elf speaks.
“As you have seen, the marsh is growing dangerous. We have long struggled to hold these beautiful lands for our own. The local lizardfolk have vexed us for many decades, but now a new peril stalks the Blackfens.” She says
>>142692
She looks at Aral with a nod (Killiar apparently described how he shot up that Razorfiend in great detail)
>>142688
The elf's ears twitch, and she clicks her tongue at the mention of the Lion King
"The Lion King... I haven't heard of him in centuries. He spends his days wallowing in self-pity. I can't imagine what would motivate him to leave his throne of sorrow."
>>142685
Chad can vaguely hear her muttering a curse (not a spell) in the Druidic tongue.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.142696
142697
>>142694
Should I roll a listen or what?
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142697
>>142696
You don't need to. You just recognize that this particular elf has no good feelings for the Ghostlord.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142700
142704
psst. Nows a good time to ask questions about Rhest
Artorias the (Accidental) Racist
c712a26
?
No.142701
142703 142711
"To be honest, I have no idea how the red hand intend to get him to do what they want. However, the admittedly stupid cleric of theirs we interrogated seemed sure about his assistance being secured. As for the new dangers showing up, they're also the red hand's fault, so helping us get rid of them solves that problem too. So, since Killiar told us you might know something, any ideas about how to stop all this?"
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142703
142706
>>142701
Oh yeah, did you guys want to bring the piss goblin with you, or do you want to leave him with Jorr?
He's not much use as of now.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.142704
142708
>>142700
"Do you happen to have an insight into the situation in Rhest?"
Artorias the (Accidental) Racist
c712a26
?
No.142706
142709
>>142703
oh, I kinda assumed we dumped him on the side of the road somewhere. Idk, maybe just have him get dragged into the ether like henry and the slave girls?
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142708
142713
>>142704
>What do you know about the ruins of Rhest?
“We do not go there. The place has bad memories. It was once the center of a proud nation, but now it is little more than a few ruined buildings slowly sinking into the mire. We respect the memories of that folk and avoid the place. The lizardfolk do not.”
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142709
142713
>>142706
*random phase spider eats the piss goblin*
Killian gives an annoyed huff.
Artorias the (Accidental) Racist
c712a26
?
No.142711
142715
>>142701
>"So, since Killiar told us you might know something, any ideas about how to stop all this?"
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142712
These elves seem content to answer any more of your questions.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.142713
142716
Based.jpg
>>142708
"Sorry for your loss. Also, who exactly are these lizard men?"
>>142709
>Pic related
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142715
142717 142719
>>142711
"I... I don't know.. We've been so very busy lately, with the fiends, and the goblins. The situation in Blackfens grows more unsteady day by day. I suspect the Red Hand, as you call it, may be up to something in Rhest.."
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142716
142718
>>142713
"The lizardfolk have been native to this swamp for centuries, but in recent decades they've grown... Twisted, corrupt if you will."
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
5d53801
?
No.142717
142720
>>142715
"What do you know of the dragons in this region? The goblins have their alliance too."
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.142718
>>142716
"What happened to the lizards?"
Artorias the (Accidental) Racist
c712a26
?
No.142719
142720
>>142715
"That very well may be. Also, while we're here in front of you, that same stupid cleric that just got dragged to hell also told us about someone named Saarvith hoping to wipe out the 'swamp elves.' If that's all of you, then this is probably relevant information for both of us. As a third note, I would also like to know about this region's dragons. Particularly if there are any metallic ones nearby, as they may be willing to lend aid."
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142720
142722
>>142717
At this point, the younger elf speaks up and gives her word on various topics:
>Why is the Red Hand so interested in Rhest?
“We do not know why they are here. Months ago some dark power established itself in the ruins and brought the lizardfolk under its dominion. Whoever it is has not meddled with our encampments yet. We have not tried to infiltrate the ruins for fear of arousing a wrath we may be ill-equipped to cope with.”
>forces in Rhest?
“They are not many, but they are strong. Their leader is a cruel and clever goblin chief. They have claimed several buildings near the center of the ruins. The thing that worries me most is the dragon.”
>>142719
>>142717
>A dragon? Explain!
“We have seen the beast in the skies. It has not attacked any of our encampments, yet I fear it is simply biding its time. The dragon is black, and not quite as large as one of our giant owls.”
>>142717
Both elves shrug.
"Perhaps something has come over them, but they've grown fiercer, and far more aggressive than they've been before."
Artorias the (Accidental) Racist
c712a26
?
No.142722
>>142720
I guess Rhest is our next destination and some gobbo with a black dragon is our next target
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142725
142727
Okay, now that that much is established, I'm going to fast-track this a little, because quite frankly I'm tired:
>Can you provide us with assistance in our mission?
“You are our guests. If you need healing, you should seek out Illian Snowmantle at the temple. If you wish to trade, simply ask. Beyond this there is little I can offer. I must keep our defenses focused on our homes.”
The party, if they choose to stay, will be given guest tents where they can stay for the night, perhaps even longer.
The village has a temple of Corellon Larethian that will offer some free healing.

Starsong Hill is more than a place where you guys can rest, heal, and buy stuff; it's also a place with lots of really colorful residents who are well-worth interacting with, like Drellin's Ferry.
For that purpose, I think I might prefer to run this when I have some more energy. I can answer basic questions anytime between now and next session, and maybe squeeze in some time to voice chat or interact with the NPCs with dialogue, possibly out of session (I'm free every afternnon during the week, and all-day Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays).
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.142727
142730
>>142725
What do they have to trade?
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142728
DAY 16, END
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142730
142731
>>142727
I'll tell you guys some time before the next session.

The encampment is the largest among the Tiri Kitor, but still houses only ~500 elves. Large purchases of class-specific equipment aren't going to be likely unless they're environment-relevant. The Wild Elves are a simple folk, but they take pride in their craftsmanship.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
315ab8b
?
No.142731
>>142730
Okay then.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.142872
Fyi, the Electrum Armor is Full plate, so it has to be refitted to be worn. The Tiri Kitor may be able to help you with that, or at least loan you the tools.

Aral, since you took the headband, you might notice that there's something written on it, in common.
Aral Tel'thuen'slaugh Avaemaskan
6c02112
?
No.143131
143132 143245
Sorry, my ISP decided I had enough game for this weekend. I hope this at least gets through, it's still slow as fuck.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.143132
>>143131
Sorry, m8. Didn't see this message until now.

We called it quits after you disappeared. The party figured it would be wiser to wait for their archer/caster before they moved onto the main fight.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.143133
Anyway, I guess I should sum up what's happened so far.
This session was largely experimental, being held entirely in voicechat:

>party finished conversation with Tiri Kitor
>Chad summoned to the beastlands to do important Druid stuff elsewhere
>rested on day 17, did utility stuff
>Decided to explore the Ruins of Rhest
>Met Night Shroud, a disciple of Pelor and powerful swordsage
>Night Shroud joins the party because reasons I don't care to write out
>Party observes Rhest
>Gathers info
>Razorfiends in Rhest
>Dragon in Rhest
>Lots of lizardfolk
>Lion idols everywhere
>Goblin gets on dragon's back and flies away
>Part approaches bell tower
>it rains
>As party nears, the guards realize they're not not lizardmen
>Alarm sounded, fire exchanged
>Red Leader flies to Rhest town hall
>Party gets to bell tower and kills goblins
>small amount of treasure
>Lizardfolk swimming
>Aral's internet cuts out
>party (and DM) doesn't want to go on without Aral
>session ended
It was rather slow-paced at first, but picked up once I was able to organize my notes. Depending on player feedback, I may do more sessions in voice chat, instead of text.
vid unrelated
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.143245
>>143131
Aral, please try to contact me whenever your internet is fixed. We've been discussing finishing the session during the week.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.143373
DAY 18, MID DAY
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.143424
Aral, you still alive, m8?
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.143451
Don't mind me, just copying my notes for tommow's session session in a place where I won't lose them:
Proper boat speed: check
Boat revision: check
Plot Encounters: check
Random encounter tables: check
Pre-rolled encounters: check
Travel time estimation: check
Enemy stats: check
Combatant NPC reactions: check
Commander Auras: check
Enemy/NPC morale levels: check
Terrain/weather effects: check
Lootpiles: unfinished/revise
NPC reaction flowchart(s): check
Boat speed(s): check, revise
Number/order of enemies: check
Building structure memorized: check
COUNT special ammunition: check
McGuffin(s): check/revise
Optional quest hook(s): unfinished/revise
Plot derailment flowchart(s): unfinished/revise
Ad Hoc plot fixes: check
Party battle maps: revise
Download maps: unfinished/revise
Artorias's sheet: unfinished/revise
Artorias's thing: revise
Dragon nonsense: unfinished/revise
Variant villain stats: check
Session timeline established: check
Night Shroud's thing: revise
Aral's thing: revise
Vomeo's thing: revise
DM notes with players: unfinished

Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.143638
racesDrm3.jpg
racesDofBloodofmorueme.jpg
Okay, this week's session didn't go anywhere because the party tank wasn't able to attend, and the rest of the party didn't want to go forward without their designated pincushion.
I took the opportunity to rewind time by five hours (not retconning), and pointed out to the party that they were at a distance where they could have freely chatted with one another in the five hours during which they were observing Rhest, making the session an RP session where the PCs got to know one another, and rolled some Arcana/Local/History/Religion checks to see what they knew about the region.
I gave them some hype about the War Wizard Cromar, the Wizard whome they had been looking for. Cromar was among the mightiest wizards in Elsir Vale, stronger than Immerstal The Red. His War Magic Study spells and War Weaving laid waste to entire armies of goblins in the last war. He was a genius arcanist who had developed a vast array of personal and unique [War] spells. Despite his decorations, he refused to join the lord's court after the last war, retired to the Blackfens in solitude. Cromar was a skincaster, who'd tattoo'd his spellbook onto his body, and kept his most personal spells in his spellshard: an item known as the Eye Of Cromar. When he retired, he took his spells with him, and all advancements in the school of [War] magic study.

They rolled checks about hobgoblins as well. They knew that goblinoids of all kinds have cowardly and selfish tendencies, but hobgoblins above all value hierarchy and power. Hobgoblins will proudly fight to the death under the command of their leaders, which makes them apt in becoming samurai trained in the path of the ironheart. However, as goblins, they're cowards at heart, and their morale can be break easily if their leaders are slain.
Religion checks revealed that the patron deity of the goblinoids is Maglubiyet, the god of battle. Hobgoblins will worship whatever gives them power, but the instance that all hobgoblins in the region would have united under worship of Tiamat instead of fighting one another is not a common occurrance. These goblinoids must have been influenced by something to convert them all in such a quick manner, something powerful.
Further Arcana/Local checks revealed that goblinoids do indeed readily form connections with chromatic dragons, especially blue dragons. Their power-hungry and tyrannical tendencies make them well acquinted with the great blue beasts of the wastelands. Mighty blues often "adopt" a nearby tribe of hobgoblins, while stories tell of tribes that raise wyrmling blue dragons to adulthood over many generations. Some hobgoblins even share blue dragon blood, and these hobgoblins are known as the sunscorched goblins. Sunscorch hobgoblins appear much like their fellows, except for their brilliant azure eyes. They display exceptional cunning and patience, but often share the vanity of blue dragons. They have a natural love of power; when a sunscorch hobgoblin isn't leading a warband or tribe, he is likely the voice of wisdom behind its leader.
So if the party sees a hobgoblin with glowing blue eyes, he's likely one of the leaders.
The piss-goblin Cleric and the Sorcerer the party fought earlier are exanples.

Further Arcana/History checks revealed draconic hobgoblins ruling over hobgoblin tribes since generations ago. Legend tells of the Blood of Morueme, an organization made up of the dragon and draconic hobgoblin descendants of the legendary blue dragon Morueme. The blood of Morueme is likely to have seeded the radicalization among the hobgoblin tribes in the name of Tiamat.
So, basically, if the party sees a half-dragon hobgoblin or draconic hobgoblin, it's almost definitely a leader.
There were some religion checks rolled about Tiamat. She's basically dragon-Satan, and she's not a goddess you want to be involved with. The fear of The Dark Lady may be involved in fueling the hobgoblin morale, because dying in battle is preferable to sacrifice on the Altar of Tiamat.

Oh, and Aral's fancy new longbow is an intelligent weapon (because I hate myself, and went ahead and rolled all of the tables...). It appears to be compatible with him, but he has not figured out how to communicate with it yet. He may learn more about it when he's spent some more time with it. (And when I get around to fleshing-out this unexpected NPC...))

Artorias's egg-thing remains a mystery. All Artorias knows is that the temple wasn't hesitant to give it away at all, and that it's supposedly essential to the final steps in his training.
The metallic egg-shaped device is clearly manufactured; this being revealed by the rivets on its surface. Artorias wasn't given any instructions on how to incubate it, so he can't assume that it has any sort of creature in it. The device doesn't have any sort of magic aura either, so it's purpose is a mystery.
Artorias, having had this thing for several months now, may have been feeling that his temple just gave him this thing to get rid of him, when they sent him off on an ambiguous crusade to a far-off region. However, the mysterious prophecy of an army of doom rallying under a red banner has proven itself to be true, so maybe this heavy trinket might indeed be important to his carreer as a Cleric.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.143639
James-Demartis-Faberge-Big-Egg-Hunt-NY-Faberge-Egg-Hunt.jpg
For some reason this egg wouldn't upload.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.143640
Oh, and for any of you lurkers who read this ugly thread, RHoD is still accepting new players. We could use another tank or a blaster.
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.143678
143760
800px_COLOURBOX2040111.jpg
Yesterday's session was great! We played for five hours, and the party managed to get through six encounters. That's a new record.

>The party, on the sunken bell tower, decide that it's too risky to row to the Rhest town hall now that the alarm has been sounded
>Decide to use-up Night Shroud's Swan boat feather token, conjurring a massive, self-propelled swan boat
>This was clever, because the "giant bird" intimidated the lizardfolk, who would have otherwise attempted to steal their oars and capsize their boat
>Dashing towards Rhest town hall at breakneck speed, they exchange fire with the guarding ogres, who hurl javelins and boulders at them
>Eventally, they bump into Rhest town hall, ang Ogres immediately board their ship
>The battle is intense, as the ogres are lead by two fearsome Skullcruser captains, and a hobgobin samurai with a powerful commanding aura
>Outnumbered and outsized, the party fight for their lives aboard the deck of the ship, which turns deadly when one of the Skullcrushers grapples Aral
>Night and Vomeo's healing capabilities prove essential, as the Skullcrusher's power attacks take large chunks out of their HP
>The other ogres eventually stop throwing things and board the ship as well, one of which failing his check and falling into the swamp, promptly being devoured by the cowardly but savage lizardfolk
>The party eventually slays the last ogre, and move onwards to the town hall
>Lizardfolk still watching party. Artorias intimidates them
>Seeing no immediate way inside, Vomeo and Night use their mountain hammer to smash through the wall
>They are met by a severely-brainwashed Ettin guarding the chamber; melee and ranged combat ensues
>The two-headed giant fights callously, not flinching when it's severely wounded
>Eventually, the beast keels over, and the party is free to explore the town hall
>Unbenownst to them, an invisible enemy is watching their every move
>They explore the dragon's lair, the ettin's chamber, and a torture chamber
>Vomeo finds a +6 belt
>The party hears an exploding signal arrow whistle above their heads
>It seems like someone was still there
>Aral hears commotion near the other building
>Party heads in that direction, and the
>Climbs onto the building, and are met by a Greenspawn Razorfiend
>A battle ensues, in which Night is nearly killed
>The gates beneath them fly open, and what appears to be a hobgoblin runs back towards town hall
>The party enters the building, and finds that this is the building is where the greenspawn razorfiends were nesting
>Then, suddenly, Aral is targetted by a powerful mind-effecting spell, and saves heroically
>This reveals a very disappointed and angry sunschorched hobgoblin bard/mindbender, holding an expended scroll of Dominate Person
>The bard is promptly shot to death, and the party proceeds to make the world's biggest omelet
>Using is heretic-detection ability, Artorias is able to efficiently locate every single one of the thirty greenspawn razorfiend eggs
>The party heads back to the main building
>At this point, some five dozen lizardfolk are surrounding the party, still not moving
>As they're about to enter the building, a a very-angry looking black dragon launches itself out of the water and sprays them with a metabreath-augmented line of clinging acid
>On the dragon's back is an equally angry goblin, who pelts Artorias, Aral, and Night with Bane Arrows
>As the boardwalk beneath them melts, the party has to think quickly
>Aral casts Resist Energy, Mass, protecting the party from continuous effects of the sticky-green slime
>The rest of the party heads inside for cover, Artorias casts Wind Wall to block the opening from breath weapons, arrows, acid flasks, psychic powers, and poisoned projectiles thrown by the lizardfolk, who have been driven into a frenzy by the sudden arrival of their "god"
>"Regiarix! Regiarix! Regiarix! Regiarix! Regiarix..!" The lizardmen chant, as they clamber aboard the melting boardwalk in frenzy
>Aral pins the dynamic duo with a Fireball, and is nearly slain with Bane arrows before he himself also enters the town hall to be healed by Artorias
>The goblin and dragon save against the fireball, returing fire
>Two lizardfolk manage to break in as another square of the boardwalk melts, they charge Vomeo and Aral with Acidic bite attacks, missing
>Aral makes quick work of both of the lizards
>The Dragon circles the town hall, roaring challenges and making rally checks for the lizadfolk as it waits for its breath weapon to recharge
>It's goblin rider buffs the two with spells and items, preparing for brutal combat
>both the goblin and dragon shout long slurs of proffanities, their tones a mixture of rage and panic, ready to kill the motherfuckers who stormed their base while they were out hunting
>Losing the greenspawn razorfiends is very bad on their reports, it seems
>with the dragon circling, the goblin ready to shoot, and the lizardfolk clambering onto the collapsing melted boardwalk, the party's options are limited
>What will they do next?
>To be continued
Anonymous
03b4536
?
No.143686
Note: I mentioned there were about five dozen lizardfolk in the area. Knowledge checks will be necessary to find any further information.
Anonymous
686e809
?
No.143756
4kcr06mu2vz51.jpg
7eoq9amu2vz51.jpg
mfr033mu2vz51.jpg
Some more-detailed maps of Rhest Town Hall
Anonymous
686e809
?
No.143757
It took four tries to upload those. Idk what's been going on with this site lately...
Anonymous
686e809
?
No.143758
RedHandOfDoom_RhestTownHall_Player.jpg
Rhest Town Hall exterior.jpg
The maps we've been using so far:
Artorias's Player, the Temporary Expositor
c712a26
?
No.143760
143761 143762 143763
>>143678
>Where we last left our group of heroes, lizardfolk are currently pushing into the room while the dragon sits overhead and throws insults and the gobbo on the dragon's back screams at anything and everything
>Everybody retreats into the room with the big room with the hole going all the way up to the roof
>gold coins scattered across the floor
>This is the dragon's hoard, isn't it?
>New idea: try to draw in the dragon by messing with its stuff!
>No, wait, don't do that yet, the lizards have formed mobs
>Don't worry, Vomeo the party tank can handle holding them off for at least a little bit!
>Vomeo dies in 2 rounds from engaging them
>shit.png
>Nothing but a skeleton left, the friggin' lizards even stole her gear
>Luckily, Bro's new character is here to help!
>... Wait, what's that? They (because it's that one race that's actually just two dudes, whatever it's called) want nothing to do with it and were just here to kill Vomeo?
>... And you say they're retreating up the stairs as we speak?
>Wow, not what we expected
>Well, this should still be possible for the party, right?
>...
>A very grueling fight later, the three party members present have managed to scrape past the pile of lizards and drove them off with a gross misuse of action points
>Good, now we can get a breather, right?
>Right?
>5 rounds/30 seconds later, the dragon and gobbo burst in through the hole in the floor!
>Bossfight initiated
>Saarvith and the dragon start off the fight by putting everything in magical darkness
>Luckily everyone in the party has a way to get around that, whether it be magic torches, magic helmets, darkvision or just not being there
>The fight with Saarvith and the dragon starts off alright, and even goes a bit better than it should given the dragon decides to pick his nose for 2 rounds instead of fight
>However, things don't always stay peachy
>People start dropping health points like they've been given the ol' spicy keychain, and eventually start dropping themselves
>Luckily for the heroes, Artorias gets indirectly blessed by Bahamut and singlehandedly survives the dragon's onslaught with 1 hp left while both other present party members are downed
>Artorias then uses his turn to pick up the swordsage (still don't know her name, sadly) who in turn uses a stored positive charge to pick up Aral, saving the party from a total wipe
>After this, Saarvith takes enough damage to wimp out and hide under his dragon and start chugging potions like a Cure Light Wounds addict
>This leaves the dragon to do literally everything, and it somehow does better when the gobbo's not in charge of it (HMMMMM)
>After another few rounds, one party member's left standing again against the full power of a black dragon
>The swordsage, being this party member, pours a potion into Artorias's mouth, bringing him back and allowing him to burn yet another action point to bring Aral back as well
>Luckily for the party, this is the last time this happens
>Saarvith dies unceremoniously, and then the dragon dies very ceremoniously a few rounds later
>Very ceremoniously meaning with a mace shoved up its ass and its heart ripped out!
>Boss defeated, everybody heals up and levels all around!
>Looting time!
>BREAKING NEWS, Artorias's magic metal football has started to vibrate!
>After the three onlookers stare dumbfounded at it and pass/fail some con saves, the newest addition to the party, Billie the Silver Wyrmling, is born!
>Alright, now it's looting time!
>Saarvith had some dank gear on him and the dragon's horde is divided three ways, everybody takes gear as they want it
>Except for a few things
>2 bags, another bag, Lanikar's lost gear, a silver box, and some letters
>The first two bags end up containing the severed heads of Lanikar and (magic oppenheimer), generating some buzz from the party and some burning (literally) rage from Aral's sentient bow
>Hey, at least we know what happened to them now
>Saarvith stole their heads and presumably fed their bodies to the dragon (don't quote me on this)
>Lanikar's gear will be given back to the Tiri Kitor along with his head
>The third bag, silver box, and letters are all plot-related too!
>Inside the third bag contains a necklace with a metric fuckload of necrotic energy surrounding it, the silver box contains the letters, and the letters say that this is the Ghostlord's phylactery and that it was entrusted to Saarvith for safekeeping until the Ghostlord can be "convinced" to help the Red Hand!
>Is the lich being held hostage by the gobbos? THE PLOT THICKENS!
Stay tuned next week for if Bro's newest character even joins the party and for what we tell the elves when we get back to them!
Anonymous
f7fe24d
?
No.143761
>>143760
Gain 1 Action Point for le ebin recap.

Actual Video of Vomeo being eaten alive by the lizardmen this session:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6YVDb1kH-E
Anonymous
f7fe24d
?
No.143762
143765 143767
>>143760
>Billie the Silver Wyrmling
Billie isn't a Silver dragon. She's a steel dragon.
There's an important distinction:
>Silver dragons want to fuck hoomans
>Steel dragons want to be hoomans.
Anonymous
f7fe24d
?
No.143763
143765
tumblr_ok937g7EXB1sr9mxao1_1280.jpg
>>143760
>(magic oppenheimer)
That would be the War Wizard Cromar, who's skull looks something like this, with the brilliant spellshard embedded in the eye socket.
b6f70a3
?
No.143764
143765
143555.jpg
the Swordsage is a slight statured human Woman named Night Shroud.
Artorias's Player, the Temporary Expositor
c712a26
?
No.143765
>>143762
>>143763
>>143764
Thank you, and noted
Anonymous
f7fe24d
?
No.143766
Lizardfolk_-_Steve_Prescott.jpg
Meta note: you guys got to fight every species of lizardfolk this session.
>standard
>quanak
>poison dusk
>viletooth
>blackscale
Anonymous
f7fe24d
?
No.143767
2206288cd1d3fa778540fe21ddde2acf.jpg
>>143762
There is no official art for steel dragon wyrmlings it sees.
So have this silver dragon, and imagine it looked blue and catlike, as if I actually tried to prepare content.
Anonymous
686e809
?
No.143790
143791
97px-Lizardfolk03_3eDM.png
Blackscale.jpg
I will post the loot rolled in a bit. I have some work to do first.
If any of you were to poke your heads outside, you'd notice that the ogres and hobgoblins on the swan boat are mostly only incomplete skeletons at this point, the harrowblade too. Vomeo is almost completely eaten, only a bit of her spinal cord remaining (rest in pizza). The surviving lizards have dragged away most of their former allies bodies as well; ever-resourceful those scaly motherfuckers are. I'll roll some appraise checks on ther behalf to see what was left for you guys; they didn't have much time to loot themselves, but they do know meat is worth taking.

THe swan boat is thoughoughly beat-up, scraped, partially-melted, pissed-on, and covered in blood, but it will remain fully functional until the afternoon of day 19. It's large and stable enough to make camp on, if you want.

DAY 18; LATE-AFTERNOON/NEAR-EVENING.

Most of the lizards seem to have fucked off after the mobs broke up, followed by the death of their "god". It seems like you guys cut down their population quite a bit, with substantial losses for the "giga-lizzer" blackscales, and the draconic black viletooth lizardfolk (WHAT?! DICEROLLS SAY THE BLACKS WERE DISPROPORTIONATELY KILLED?! RAAACIIISIIIM!!!); pics related. I guess it looks like the small greenies, strong brownies and psionic whities will have lake Rhest to fight over themselves for a while.
Anonymous
686e809
?
No.143791
viletooth.jpg
>>143790
Slightly-larger image of the viletooth lizardfolk, from Dragon Magic.
Anonymous
b8512e5
?
No.144419
144462
Last session we didn't do very much, due to scheduling complications. The only notable events were that a new PC was able to meet with the party and Saarvith's pet eagle flew out the window when Artorias shoo'd it away.
Aral was able to confirm that one of the tattoo'd skins in Saarvith's quarters was indeed Cromar's. After dexterously dodging a heightened Septia Snake Sigil, he was able to make out the following spells:
Cantrips:
>[ALL CORE CANTRIPS]
>Slash Tongue
>Launch Item
>Launch Projectile
>Zap Trap
>Heat Water
>Glittering Razors
>Thunderhead
>No Light
>Necrosurgery
>Stick

Lvl 1
>Locate City
>Persistent Blade
>Wall Of Smoke
>Daggerspell Stance
>Instant Of Power
>Nerveskitter
>Enlarge Person
>Fist Of Stone
>Magic Missile
>Blade Of Blood
>Blockade
>Ebon Eyes
>Power Word: Pain
>Control Darkness and Shadow
>Beget Bogun
>Rope Trick

Lvl 2
>Cloud Of Knives
>Whirling Blade
>Wraithstrike
>Lesser Celerity
>Alter Self
>Fox’s Cunning
>Alter Fortune
>Rage
>Create Magic Tattoo
>Dragon’s Eye Rune
>Blinding color surge
>Stretch Weapon
>Seeking Ray

lvl 3
>Greater Mighty Wallop
>Dispel Magic
>Hesitate
>Bands Of Steel
>Energy Surge
>Launch Item
>Scintillating Sphere
>Explosive Runes
>Greater Magic Weapon
>Blink
>Shrink Item
>Vampiric Touch
>Prismatic Mist
>Wingblast
>Ferocity of Sanguine Rage
>Energy Aegis

lvl 4
>Firetrap
>Dimension Door
>Burning Blood
>Channelled Pyroburst
>Parboil
>Celerity
>Lord Of The Skies
>Greater Mirror Image
>Phantom Battle
>Shadow Conjuration
>Slashing Dispel
>Stone Shape
>Bite Of The Werewolf

lvl 5
>Acid Sheath
>Shadow Evocation
>Sonic Shield
>Greater Blink
>Unfettered Heroism
>Telekinesis
>Wall Of Stone
>Fabricate
>Chain Lightning
>Toxic Weapon
Of course, this wouldn't be all of Cromar's spells, most of his spellbooks would have been confiscated upon his retirement when he left the circle. It notably does not include any of his apocalyptic [War] spells though, so those can be assumed to be somewhere else. Perhaps the Spell Shard embedded in his skull?
Anonymous
b8512e5
?
No.144420
bQV5mSk.png
KcqCXoE.png
lwuhBSl.jpg
w7qVqAE.jpg
In the next session, we will be wrapping up part two of the adventure (probably), and the party will (probably), be leaving the blackfens.
I have to say, the pace has picked up quite a bit since we switched to voicechat. We'll probabably be finished by the summer, Pelor help us.

I will be making a new thread for part 3 of the adventure after next session. The early travel parts of part three are loose enough so that the game won't grind to a halt in case one or two players can't make it, and I've got a few miniquests I've been wanting to run. I'm looking foward to the next part.
The Battle of Brindol approaches.

Pics are some scenes from this adventure:
Anonymous
b8512e5
?
No.144421
0lEghPc.png
7lZoHba.png
RIP Saarvith and Little Reggie. We hardly knew ye...
Anonymous
686e809
?
No.144462
>>144419
I forgot some:
>True Strike (1st)
>Firebrand (5th)
Anonymous
b8512e5
?
No.144531
vOZoZqC.jpg
Pic of what the party might've seen at Cinder Hill, had they gotten past the bridge...
Also what Terrelton looks like right now; you guys would've heard rumors from peasants that a massive army of thousands or hobgoblins, beasts, giants and dragons has advanced from the ruined Drellin's Ferry.
Anonymous
686e809
?
No.144535
END OF DAY 18
Anonymous
686e809
?
No.144537
144749
Okay, that was a sort of clumsy RP session, but at this point we've concluded Part II of the campaign. The party has impressed the elves so much that they have secured their assistance in fighting the Red Hand at the battle of Brindol, and were even able to secure several giant owls to cut down their travel time.

Elven Alliance points earned:
-5 Razorfiends slain: 6 points
-Elves friendly via diplomacy check/PC interactions: 1 point
-Performance At Funeral: N/A; 0 points
-Lanikar's Remains: 2 points
-Kindness; Returning every piece of the Fleet Warrior's Array *and* the Millenial Chainmail: 2 points per gift (8 points)
-Defeating the Red Hand: 2 Points
-Dropping the N-word in front of the priestess: -4 points

Which is just barely enough to get the owls. Now I get to roleplay 5 more intelligent NPCs...

They now seek to fly south to the Thornwastes, to bargain the phyactery of the Ghostlord.

END OF PART TWO

For the rest of the week until next session, I'll have the party do some basic resource management. I might DM Jorr's reactions after the party decides what to do with him after they meet up.

I will be making a new thread for the start of part 3.
Anonymous
c712a26
?
No.144749
144865
>>144537
>tfw your passing comment at goblins is the entire reason why the party lost over a fifth of their potential extra help
I guess int is my dump stat IRL too
Anonymous
f7fe24d
?
No.144865
>>144749
Lmao, don't sweat it. My flowcharts aren't so brutal to cause irreversible damage by passing comments. The knifeears elves were as impressed as they could have been by the party's actions, considering everything you did for them without even asking for help. I just lowkey didn't want to give y'all flying mounts.
I did not, however, expect you guys to so readily agree amongst yourselves to return some 120k worth of hand-picked, class specific equipment. You guys got affiliation/piety points for that, not just with the elves but with your respective churches.
Killing so many harrowblades (the razorfiends, as the elves called them) played a role too, because thety really were a plague on the Blackfens, as I described earlier. You can assume that little Reggie had been in these parts for nearly a century, but the rapidly-spawning harrowblades are dysgenic bioweapons who reach maturity in only a few weeks (so yeah, every single one of those thirty eggs would have made it to Brindol with the horde). The Tiri Kitor have always kept the monster population down in the Blackfens, but even Lanikar (evidently) couldn't handle getting dogpiled by harrowblades and promptly volley-ambushed by a Ranger mounted on a Young-Adult Stalking Wyrm. Even now you might've overheard Killiar setting off with his hunters to track down that one that got away.
Returning Lanikar's remains in addition to his kit was the coup-de-grace though. Lanikar was really an irreplaceable figure in their society, and elven funeral rites are taken very seriously. Death among their kind is so rare...

So yeah, you guys handled this part quite well. Aral's Surival skills helped you avoid most of the encounters that would have hampered you, his arcane and divine spells made all of the difference in many encounters, and he's made a reputation out of killing harrowblades in 12 seconds flat. Artorias's healing and support capabilities turned out to be indespensible in the boss encounter when he was the only one left standing; he also proved to be quite the melee combatant when fighting the Cult Of The Dragon, and did get to clinch finishing blow against little Reggie, who was predisposed to flee at low health and make the party fight him all over again. Night Shroud's martial capabilities were uncontested in melee and surprised me many times with her clever application of skills, maneuvers and RP tactics; her auxhillery healing capabilities proved essential when it really mattered in the hardest fights. Vomeo's thicc, meaty body proved to be an ample meatshield worthy of a Crusader, taking shot after shot with her auto-healing and doing damage to enemies all the way as she protected the party by absorbing ever more, and her flesh was tender and juicy enough to buy you guys a couple extra rounds as the frenzied lizardfolk devoured her like piranhas after mobbing her, which really seemed like it made the difference between a solid victory and a TPK considering how close that fight was.
Anonymous
f7fe24d
?
No.144866
nwurd.png
Pic related: Artorias trying not to say the N-wurd.