/vx/ - Videogames and Paranormal


Merry Christmas Everypony
If you want to see the latest posts from all boards in a convenient way please check out /overboard/
Note: JS is required to be able to post, but I am working on a system where that won't be needed.

Name
Email
Subject
By clicking New Reply, I acknowledge the existence of the Israeli nuclear arsenal.
Comment
0
Select File / Oekaki
File(s)
Password (For file and/or post deletion.)

redhandbanner.jpg
9780786939381.RH.0.x.jpg
Red Hand Of Doom - Part One: The Witchwood
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.133942
133953
Greetings. Welcome to the first session of /mlpol/'s first running of the classic third edition d&d campaign Red Hand Of Doom.
On this adventure, our heroes, currently three strong, will encounter dozens of trials that will test their strength, cunning, and friendship as they face an army of goblins.

If you'd like to join, there's still room for more in the party. Don't be shy to ask.

Our story begins in Elsir Vale, with our three heroes on the road to the town of Drellin’s Ferry. The three are seasoned adventurers, and exated heroes to boot. Having fought many battles together before, they are confident in their strength. Legend has it of a vast treasure in the Vault of Vraath Keep, hidden deep in the Witchwood; our heroes, have journeyed all this way to seize the vault for their own.
Despite that, they all have their own motivations to travel to Drellin's Ferry:
Sir Whiskers, a cunning and charismatic Tibbet Jester, is travelling to meet up with an old friend of his: Princess Princess Bagel Jennifurr Fluffykinz the fourth. He hasn't met his old friend since he was a kitten, and he's eager to meet with her again. She has arranged to meet up with him in Drellin's Ferry, and to accompany him on his adventure.
Sir Brozal, a mighty Orc Crusader of Pelor, has received a mission from a high-ranking Cleric of his order has received a powerful vision of war descending on Elsir Vale under the banner of a clawed red hand, and has sent Brolaz to the far reaches of Elsir Vale to avert impending disaster... Brozal isn't exactly sure if the vision was real, or if his master just wanted to get rid of him for the year, but he never turns down a good crusade.
Brother Chad, a wise and powerful Druid, has chosen to accompany his companions on their hunt for the lost treasure in the Witchwood. Sir Whiskers requested his aid because Chad is the most experienced woodsman he knows. Chad is wary of this region, for he's heard that it is ruled by a fierce and territorial Druid, but he embarks upon this jouney nonetheless, the secrets of the Witchwood too tempting to ignore.
...So tempting that he seems to have drifted off somewhere with his horse; probably fucking it again or something. Stupid hippie.

And so, let's begin:
>The afternoon sun beats down on you; the air is hot and still. The sparsely settled lands of Elsir Vale are starting to grow monotonous, with a seemingly endless line of dusty flyspecks of towns. The town of Drellin’s Ferry lies a few miles ahead of you. It’s a settlement hard on the borders of the Witchwood, and the best place from which to begin exploring the nearby forest.
This is the part where the players ask obvious questions that I thoughtlessly ignored in the first post, as well as implore about their surroundings.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.133943
here
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.133944
133945 133947 133953
Lets look around for things to explore.
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.133945
133947
>>133944
Brozal is marching in the front most rank

Appearance and backstory:
>mlpol.net/vx/132102#133785
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.133947
133951
>>133944
Roll Listen
>>133945
Got a horse??
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.133948
I'm playing the orc
!roll 1d20-8
44eee0f
?
No.133949
133952 133958
!roll 1d20-8
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.133950
Rolled a -3
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.133951
>>133947
Also I have no horse
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.133952
133958
>>133949
It's "Dice 1d20+modifier"

Also, since I neglected to print maneuver cards for you, I'm going to allow you to manage them yourself for this encounter alone.
Whiskers
e87ecff
?
No.133953
133954
>>133942
>>133944
The bold black and white housecat is content with strutting behind Brozal, items jingling on his quadruped body. He made extra sure to brush his coat with his tongue extensively before setting off in the hopes not to come to his friend in an uncool, dirty fashion.
With an excited strut and raised up tail, Whiskers seems pretty happy to let the orc do the scouting while Chad did his human stuff.
(...Humans are a curious bunch, I must say,) he thought to himself.

The kitty simply looks around the path, mainly to avoid any tiny pebbles that could hurt his paws as well as ensure not to mess up his hard grooming work.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.133954
133957
>>133953
Roll Spot
Whiskers
e87ecff
?
No.133957
>>133954
[1d20-1 = 19]<Spot roll
Anonymous
78bde0d
?
No.133958
>>133949
>>133952
[ 1d20+mod ] (without the spaces also works - if you want to roll in text)
[1d20+9000 = 9005] [1d20 = 8]
648ae9c
?
No.133959
133960
[1d20-3 = 1]
>>133955
It goes in the email field.
I'm going to roll for you.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.133960
>>133959
My mod for listen is -8. I think this is hilarious.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.133962
133967
61ede602bd9b8d7063a2e76371788f69.jpg
And so, it begins.

Whiskers feels like he see's some rustling in the bushes beside him. He is not flat-footed this round.

Brozal, you take...
13 damage as multiple projectiles wiz out of the bushes from either side of the road, followed by a flash of bright hot light, only two arrows meeting their mark. You suddenly feel great that you invested so much in that Banded Mail.
This of course triggers furious counterstrike.

Bro, you're going to need to roll 2 reflex saves, at a -2 penalty because you're a Water Orc.

Whiskers, I'm going to need you to roll one to avoid the fire.

Everyone roll initiative.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.133966
I'm sorry. That's only one reflex save.
Whiskers you don't need to roll.
>>133963
It's "dice 1d20+4" in the email field, no quotations.
Whiskers
e87ecff
?
No.133967
133973
>>133962
[1d20+7 = 24]<Reflex Save
[1d20+6 = 25]<Initiative
44eee0f
?
No.133968
133969 133970 133973
[1d20+4 = 8]

ref
44eee0f
?
No.133969
133972
[1d20+2 = 13]
>>133968
init
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.133970
>>133968
*6
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.133971
there was some collateral damage.jpg
https://youtu.be/KtJ79ZjJ3lM
Current theme
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.133972
>>133969
My initiative roll was 13.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.133973
133976
09d47df8aa90a14b567946d0a97e01cb.png
>>133967
Indeed.
The road crests a small rise and descends into a dusty grove in a large, shallow dell. An abandoned farmhouse, partially visible through the trees, stands on one side of the road. You’ve passed a dozen spots much like this one already today, but this one feels wrong.
Brozal, however, is nonethewiser, and your nervousness is confirmed as he's suddenly shot.

Following the source of the arrows, you glimpse the glint of mail through the brush by the side of the road. Eight fierce warriors—tall, hairy humanoids with wide mouths and flat faces—are lying in wait!
>>133968
Fail.
You take 7 fire damage as a burst of fire launches towards you from ahead of the path. A barking growl sounds ahead of you and you hear shouting.

Whiskers turn.
The road is roughly ~20 ft across, with yourself in the middle of it. Marauders appear to be lurking some 15-25 ft away, only barely recognizable with partial concealment.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.133974
133975
Gosh, this is not going nearly as well as I had hoped it would...
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.133975
133977
>>133974
It can be salvaged... I drew fire riposte, mountain hammer, and stone bones for my first three moves.
Whiskers
e87ecff
?
No.133976
133977
>>133973
With a swift arc of the back as the hairs on his tail poofen up in the surprise and fear of being attack, Whiskers moves his tiny body to hide somewhere in order to stealthily approach the band of marauders.
"Green human! Get to cover!" The cat tells the orc, mostly hoping he could weaken or lure the marauders to them for an easier battle.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.133977
133979
>>133975
I meant in terms of speed and clarity... Perhaps it would be better done in voicechat.

Anyway, a farmhouse is barely visible to your left
>>133976
There is no cover that you can see, or at least none that wouldn't lead you closer to the enemy. The enemy has partial concealment, but you can make out nine of them.
[Barking sounds]
No, ten creatures, at least four on either side of you.

It's still your turn. If you may elect to take the total defense action if you please.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.133978
>Anyway, a farmhouse is barely visible to your left
Up a steep hill
Whiskers
e87ecff
?
No.133979
133980
>>133977
Quickly taking a defensive stance to the extreme, mostly to recover from the shock, the kitty casts Instant of Power on Brozal, enhancing his next attack roll by +4.
After this, the kitty draws his small crossbow, getting ready to battle.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.133980
133981
>>133979
That's an immediate action. I'll let you hold that until he attacks, while giving you the benefit of the total defense action.
Roll slight of hand to draw your crossbow discreetly.
Whiskers
e87ecff
?
No.133981
133984
>>133980
[1d20+13 = 31]<Sleight of Paw check Such a comedian I am.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.133982
133983 133984

Brozal charges forward and makes a full attack against any enemy in distance. Using Stone Bones for my strike, and keep in mind that I will be using fire riposte against any enemy that attacks me. So if an enemy hits me, let me make my touch attack then roll 4d6 fire damage for the one that hit me.
44eee0f
?
No.133983
>>133982
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.133984
133987 133999
>>133981
None of the marauders see the tabby cat draw his weapon.
>>133982
Left or right?
More arrows rain down on you, but none manage to pierce your armor.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.133985
133986 133991
Rolled 20 on both attack rolls. If both hit, I deal 26 damage. I will be getting +5 DR on my next round.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.133986
>>133985
Which way are you running?
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.133987
133994
>>133984
Either left or right. I don't mind either way. I have 23 AC for fighting defensively.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.133988
I went ahead and rolled the melee touch attack for fire riposte when it comes up. Rolled a 17. Fire riposte will deal 8 damage.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.133990
133999
a24b60d230f658c3ba417bf854e504fc.jpg
Whiskers hears annoyed shouting in a language he doesn't understand. Around the curve of the road, one of pic related makes itself visible, while another steps out of the bushes to his left.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.133991
>>133985
*+5 dr until my next round
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.133992
133993
I'll go left. Also my attack rolls were actually 24 on both. Fire riposte is still 17.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.133993
>>133992
Fire riposte uses touch AC though, so it should land.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.133994
133996 133999
>>133987
You need to specify which way you are charging.
Youu can perceive four creature to the left, and at least four to the right, and a doglike monster out in the road right ahead of you.

Also, roll a reflex save. I never announced your turn.

Whiskers, you're going to need to roll too this time.
44eee0f
?
No.133996
133997 134000
[1d20+4 = 16]
>>133994
I will charge left
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.133997
>>133996
Alright. You spot three humanoid archers behind cover and a doglike monster that just shot fire at you, dealing 3 additional fire damage. The dog appears to be staring down the cat.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.133998
134001
Assume I am in the martial spirit stance
Whiskers
e87ecff
?
No.133999
134001
>>133984
>>133990
>>133994
With a startled look, Whiskers casts Grease by the right side of their position, hoping to slow down any attackers from that direction while the orc dukes it out with the leftmost individuals.
[1d20+7 = 25]<Reflex Save
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134000
>>133996
That roll was my reflex
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134001
134002 134004
>>133998
>>133998
Who/what do you target? The archers or the dog?
>>133999
Pass, you only take three damage as the canine attempts to roast you.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134002
134003
>>134001
Archers
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134003
134006
One of the archers appears to be yelling in frustration at the monster. The monster has it's eyes fixed on Whiskers. It's brother ahead is doing the same, it's mouth frothing with magmal drool as flames lick its teeth.

>>134002
NOW it's your turn.
You charge past the hound, getting to an archer's right at the end of your movement.
Now you may make your attack roll.
Whiskers
e87ecff
?
No.134004
134012
>>134001
The kitty's morale was getting mildly hammered by all the potential harm coming his way without his consent.
Deciding he's had enough of passive actions at how hard they were coming for them, he finally lets a bolt out to the dog that fired on him while voluntarily going prone.
[1d20+7 = 17]<Ranged Attack
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134006
134012
>>134003
I already made all of my rolls for attacks, damage, etc. I also told you the results.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134007
Unless the archers have more than 24 AC, one of them will take 26 damage. If I am attacked, whoever attacked me will be taking 8 fire damage from a melee touch attack with a roll of 17.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134008
134009
I have 23 AC at the moment, and a DR of 5 due to Stone Bones.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134009
134012
>>134008
Oh, I also regain 4 HP because of Martial Spirit. 6 HP if the melee touch attack lands against the first person who attacks me.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134010
134011
A hulking mass of metal and meat charges at the line of archers while screaming, "FIRE IS COMING!" The archers are then tore into by a flurry of stabs from a flaming trident.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134011
>>134010
The melee touch attack from fire riposte is a particularly vigorous slash that tears through their armor.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134012
134014 134015 134019
>>134006
You rolled while it wasn't your turn, but I'm going to give it to you.
You hit the target easily, impaling him with your trident. He goes down, spitting up blood.

Sadly, the next archer is too far away to cleave with a non-reach weapon.
You regain 1 HP from martial spirit.
>>134004
You hit.

You hear shouts from the archers, and they fix on you.
Arrows rain down on you, only two hitting. You take 8 damage between the two of them.
The dog closes in with a bite attack. It's fiery bite deals 9 damage.
It's brother charges you, its attack dealing an additional 3 damage.

>>134009
I thought it was only 1, but sure.
Btw, you might want to help out the poor kitty currently being dogpiled (lol) by hellhounds...
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134014
134016
>>134012
You regain 2 HP from each strike while using Martial Spirit. I regain four HP from landing two attacks. I'll be marking down a gain of 4 HP.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134015
>>134012
*additional 8 damage
Whiskers isn't doing so well... The hellhounds (it's hellhounds, btw) are currently flanking him.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134016
134018
>>134014
You can't make a full attack on a charge, but I'm going to give you the extra since I gave you action points for this battle.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134017
Oh yeah, it's Bro's turn again.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134018
>>134016
It wasn't an actual charge because I didn't add the +2 mod from charging
Whiskers
e87ecff
?
No.134019
134021
>>134012
Not feeling comfortable with the current situation, Whiskers has this overwhelming feeling that his presence isn't wanted, so he does the nice thing of casting Invisibility, Swift on himself and moving away from danger as far as he can while going towards the orc.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134021
Gosh, I anhor splitting initiatives.
Bro, it's your turn to move, then we can start the next round with Whiskers.

>>134019
Wait until Bro moves.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134022
134023
With everything added up, I'm back up to 53 HP and will take seven damage next round. After this point, I'll probably start to rapidly die. I will begin by moving towards the hellhound and using Mountain Hammer while fighting defensively.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134023
134024
>>134022
Roll to attack
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134024
134025 134027
>>134023
I rolled my two attacks. They are 21 and 19 respectively. The first will deal 23 damage, and the second will deal 14 damage.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134025
>>134024
Since I was unable to use Fire Riposte, I still have that card and will be using it to counter any hits from the hellhound.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134026
I have 23 AC at the moment
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134027
134028
The hellhound is 10 feet behind you. You would have to move into its square, which means you can only make one attack normally, but I'm going to let you burn another action point.
>>134024
Is that all piercing damage?
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134028
134029 134031
>>134027
I didn't do a real charge so I still have 2 action points. It is a mix of piercing and fire damage.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134029
134030 134031
>>134028
12 points of fire damage
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134030
>>134029
the rest is piercing
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134031
134032 134035
>>134028
You can't make a full attack after moving.
>>134029
The fire does not seem to affect the beast. It howls in pain as the trident pierces it, losing focus on the cat it was mauling.

You can select either yourself or Whiskers to heal with martial spirit,

Whisker's turn
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134032
>>134031
I heal myself because I'm going to need it with all of the attacks coming in
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134033
134034
Should we open voicechat?
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134034
>>134033
I think it would make things faster. Yes.
Whiskers
e87ecff
?
No.134035
134037
>>134031
(I certainly don't like this amount of aggressive attention,) Whiskers thinks to himself, quickly casting Swift Invisibility to safely get out of dodge, hopefully in a spot where the orc can cover him when it inevitably runs out.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134036

Speaking is faster than typing.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134037
134038
>>134035
Roll concentration
Whiskers
e87ecff
?
No.134038
134039
>>134037
[1d20+11 = 31]<Concentration Check
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134039
134041
Okay, this didn't go nearly as well as I planned...
>>134038
Success. You avoid AoO by the skin on your teeth, and are able to retreat while invisible.
With 30 ft of movement, you could attempt to hide in the bushes on the other side of the street before your invisibility runs out.
Whiskers
e87ecff
?
No.134041
134042
>>134039
He definitely takes the chance to hide, already feeling the mortalitly of his existence.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134042
>>134041
Alright.
Whiskers hides not 5 ft away from an archer, who takes a shot at Bro, managing to be the only who hit in a volloey of 7 arrows.

The dogs flank bro. He takes 5 damage from the attack, triggering furious counterstrike.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134043
134044
The two of you hear more shouting from the right side of the road.

Bro lands a hit on a dog with revitalizing strike, healing himself a little. He promptly takes another arrow.

And it is whiskers turn.
Whiskers
e87ecff
?
No.134044
134045
>>134043
Realizing the orc's being the sole center of attention, Whiskers discreetly casts Silent Image of an extra humanoid that is seen charging at the dogs currently biting his travelling companion's ankles from behind them, appearing from a feasible location,.
(That should divert some attacks.)
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134045
"Gobbo GOb Goboogob gob!" A warrior steps out of the forrest on the left side of the road, it's ki charged sword shining brightly in the dim light between the trees.

He points his sword directly at Bro. Bro i need you to roll an intimidate check.

>>134044
The archers appear to be fooled, the one next to you firing at the illusion, missing it comically.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134046
c5acca405302011e097c105ac6905b1c (1).jpg
Pic
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134047
134048
It looks like I screwed up the rules for duels of wills, so that doesn't actually do anything.
The Samurai-lookalike charges at bro, moving at surprising speed as he lashes out with his sword.
Bro takes 8 slashing damage, and it is his turn.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134048
134050
>>134047
Okay, bro makes two swings at a dog, it takes minor damage, and he heals himself a small amount.

The hounds continue to flank him, one managing to land a bite on him, dealing 9 damage.

The archers continue to fire at the illusion, though it seems they're no longer fooled. One fires at bro and misses
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134050
134051
>>134048
With a heavy heart, Whiskers aims his crossbow at the most wounded hound in order to maybe lessen his damage providers.
[1d20+7 = 11]<Crossbow Shot
With that, he sneaks back into his bush once more
[1d20+5 = 10]<Hide again (-10 Mod)
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134051
>>134050
Miss.

The seemingly dead hobobin rises again, healed by an unknown force.

Two wolves pop into existence from nowhere. One immediately turning its head towards the bush where Whiskers is hiding.

Another bites at bro, but doesn't manage to pierce his armor.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134053
The other wolf, to its summoner's dismay walks right up to the bush where mittens is hiding, although it hasn't seen him yet.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134054
134056
Okay, Bro's attack hits the Bladebearer, dealing damage, but not enought to drop him.

He then attempts to move towards the barn, but is stopped with an attack of opportunity.

Twelve archers focus fire on Bro, but miraculously only three of them hit, dealing 13 damage.

Then he takes 8 damage from a dog, 13 damage from the samurai, then 10 from a dog, then a missed attack from a wolf.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134055
*11 damage from the samurai
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134056
134057
>>134054
Fishing for his vigor potion to drink, he drinks it before trying to sneak off the wolf's search radius before he accidentally finds him.
[1d20+2 = 8]<Move Silently roll
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134057
>>134056
The wolf hears you.
It moves it with a smiting bite, but misses.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134059
134060
Okay, Bro burn an action point to attack after he uses Crusader's strike, healing 18 hp and saving himself. One of the hellhounds goes down.

And because I gummed-up the turn order, it's Whiskers's turn now. I'll just decide that the archers didn't want to fire into the melee.
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134060
134061
>>134059
Figuring anywhere's better than here, Whiskers whisks off towards the barn, hoping to find anything that could help either of them in this precarious situation.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134061
>>134060
Okay, that's a retreat action, to move uphill at one half speed, the wolf snarls after you.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134063
134066
The Samurai juggles his blades and strikes twice, one attack hitting for 12 damage.
9 archers fire into the melee, all of them missing like chumps.
Both hounds miss.

Three archers turn around after Whiskers, seemingly alerted by something. They follow the wolf after him, drawing their katanas.
I'm going to let Whiskers roll a hide check right now, with a +8 bonus.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134064
It is Bro's turn
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134065
Bro manages to hit the samurai, visibly wounding him, but not dropping him.
Three archers fire down at Bro, one hitting, the damage being reduced to zero by Stone bones.
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134066
>>134063
[1d20+23 = 39]<Hide Check V2
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134067
Sorry guys, this didn't start out as smoothely as I planned.

We'll come back to this encounter tomorrow. Hopefully our caster will have shown up by then, and I'll be a little more prepared.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134154
134155 134157
1490008.png
Okay, here's how it's going to go down.
I know I said at the beginning that I would reset if the two of you died horribly in the first encounter, but I still want to see it until the end. Ultimately, nothing has been spoiled so far except that "You get ambushed by goblins in the woods" Spoiler Alter: It's going to happen a lot
This encounter has artificially high CR because it's meant to be a large source of your XP, since you won't have that many hard battles for a while after this.

You have 8 Action points for this level. Brozal has used three. Whiskers hasn't used any.
Be aware that an action point can be used to refresh all of your maneuvers as a free action, or to initiate an extra maneuver in one round.

Currently, the archers are closing in and making a 9-fold phalanx around Brozal with their longspears, who is currently squaring of against a Hobgoblin Bladebearer, and being flanked by a hellhound. The Bladebearer juggles his ki-charged swords and prepares his stance to finish Brozal himself with his special move (spoiler alert). One of his wounds appears to be closing, healed by a mysterious unseen force. He is completely surrounded as is. Trying to escape would be his death, so he may as well go down fighting.
The g

Brozal, idk when you last read the houserules, but I did give you all, improved Shield Bash, Two-Weapon-Fighting, and Combat Expertise as bonus feats, without having to meet the prerequisites. You could be making shield bash attacks at minimal penalty this whole time, without losing AC (remember, you heal every hit with martial spirit). You could also gain up to 5 AC with Combat Expertise if you take a -5 penalty to your attack rolls.
You also get a +1 bonus to hit creatures with the Fire subtype. I've been factoring it in automatically into your attacks against the hellhounds, and your saving throws against their breath weapons.

Whiskers, since you can't see the grid map right now (my failure as a DM, I'm going to address this next session), I'm going to inform you right now that if you cast Glitterdust on the ring, the radius spread would encompass all of the hobgoblin troops flanking Brozal, the Hellhound, the Bladebearer, one of the wolves flanking Brozal, one of the three hobgoblins that's about to pursue you up the hill, and Brozal himself.
You could also choose to direct fire at the three hobgoblins that are searching for you and the summoned wolf. The hobgoblins haven't found you yet, but the wolf may reveal your location with it's scent if you stay too close to it. The hobgoblins pursuing you have effectively left combat this round as they leave their comrades to pursue the strange cat: they would be flat-footed if you attacked them from concealment (which means iajutsu focus). Be reminded that you have three attacks in your cat form

I will let you roll spellcraft to determine the the caster level of the wolves's summoning, and thus the remaining duration. I should have pointed that out to you this round.

You can use one of your action points to recover a spell slot after you use it as a free action, but you can still only use one action point per round.

If the two of you get through this battle alive without me having to fudge dicerolls or reset the game, I'll give you both ranking affiliation scores in the churches of your deities (that means membership in the Shining Light of Pelor and Bast's Trickery Domain Affiliation), without making you pay for tithes. Consider that bonus treasure, because it's several thousand gold pieces worth of mechanical bonuses and roleplay perks.
If you die, I'll just reset and wait for a complete party.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134155
>>134154
>The g
*The goblin troops appear visibly empowered by the Red Leader's commanding aura, and gobble among-st themselves reveling in their impending victory. Although Brozal can't speak goblinoid, he can vaguely make out that they're bickering about how to split his loot.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134156
134159
It's Whiskers turn, btw. His decision could decide this encounter.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134157
134158 134162
>>134154
I'm here.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134158
134162
>>134157
Oh good joy.
You're about 300 feet off of the map, basking in the afterglow of a very intimate brushing session with your prized white mare, Misty.

I'm going to roll some dice to see what you hear. I did max out your perception skills.
Whiskers
e87ecff
?
No.134159
134160
>>134156
The kitty feels the chills of uncool crawling up his spine.
Before running a further 45 feet, Whiskers casts Glitterdust on the orc and the entire blob of enemies surrounding him.
(Ugh... can't even remember his name... must be all the tension,) the cat worriedly thought to himself as he ran further towards the sacred barn.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134160
134161
>>134159
You can move up to 35 feet if you want to cast a spell in the same round (30 ft movement, plus your five foot step).
Since the underbrush provides you cover, you may retreat while sneaking, albeit at only one half your normal speed.
If you wish to move in this fashion, roll Move Silently; if not, roll a caster level check (1d20+6) as you fire your AoE.
I'm not going to penalize you for moving uphill because I don't feel like looking that shit up right now.
Whiskers
e87ecff
?
No.134161
134162
>>134160
I'll give sneaking another shot.
[1d20+1 = 11]<Move Clumsily Roll
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134162
134163 134165
>>134157
>>134158
Your horse hears some commotion ahead of the curve. She describes it "like a flock of giant turkeys", but you understand that your friends seem to have run into trouble.
Misty, with her 90 ft walking speed (wow!), could be all the way there in one round if she took the run action.

What do you do?

>>134161
The wolf doesn't hear you as you leave the range of its scent, but one of the goblins seems to have heard rustling in the bushes and points towards you. The troops growl, directing the wolf with a pointed finger as they close in towards you with their swords drawn.
Roll that caster level check, btw.
Whiskers
e87ecff
?
No.134163
134164
>>134162
[1d20+6 = 20]<Caster check
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134164
glitterdust.jpg
>>134163
Nice. You successfully beat the Fiendish Wolf's spell resistance.
One Of the goblins pursuing you near the edge of the blast screams in pain as he's blinded, crit-failing the save with his -1 modifier on top of it.

Now let me figure out if I'm supposed to roll all these saves separately or if I roll them as one together. I'm lowkey stalling for Bro and chad to make themselves apparent.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134165
134167 134168
>>134162
I mount Misty and run towards the turkeys.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134166
134168
doom hand cleric.jpg
The ball of golden dust hits right in the center of the kill-circle.
A new figure appears behind the samurai guy, he looks a bit like this, only covered in golden spray-paint, with some invisible patches. It seems as though this bad boy has been buffing and healing the warriors this whole time.
He claws at his eyes, apparently blinded by the spell. Most of the marauders do, actually. Everyone but the Samurai.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134167
134168 134170
>>134165
You appear just in time to see a circle of red-skinned, hairy warriors encircling your friend Brozal, along with a black wolf and another doglike monster. Before your eyes, a flash-bang goes off in the middle of the circle, covering them all in golden dust. Most of them appear to be blinded.
Roll 1d20+2 to make an intellence check concerning these marauders.

The movement was Misty's action. You were already mounted.
You still have an action. What do you do?
You could:
>cast a ranged spell (see >>133933 → )
>Dismount and enter Wildshape (small or medium animals only)
>Give up one of your spells to summon a monster to help
>Shoot a sling bullet
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134168
134170
>>134166
The wolf flanking Brozar is blinded.
Ah, the Hellhound is not actually blinded. It saved heroically.

The warriors all shriek in pain, pointing their spears in random directions, no longer threatening Brolaz. Some step away rubbing at their eyes. The Red Leader Barks at them, to no avail.
The Goblin Priest, now visible, also paws at his eyes. Unable to really do anything else. He utters a prayers and in an instant melds into the crowd, uniform to the rest of the regulars.

I think I'll just roll Brozal's saving throw for him.

>>134167
>>134165
You are about 30-40 ft away from the kill-circle, btw.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134169
Brolaz manages to pass his saving throw, but only with Pelor's grace, as he burns another action point to regain a use of Zealous Surge. He barely avoids being blinded.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134170
134171 134175
>>134167
[1d20+2 = 9]
I cast call lightning on the group of warriors.
>>134168
Okay.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134171
134175 134176
>>134170
Call lightning is a 5 foot wide burst. You could normally target only one guy, but I'm going to let you hit too since these guys were close together.
Do you have a particular target in mind?
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134172
The wolf growls at Whiskers and finally lunges towards his hiding place, the goblins following him.
The wolf's teeth surge with dark energy as it smites him with it's bite attack, dealing 9 damage.
I already rolled his check modifier to avoid being tripped. He passed.
Whiskers, don't forget you healed 2 HP that last round.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134173
Both the pursuing hobgoblins strike at you with longswords, comically missing like stormtroopers.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134174
Bro's turn...
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134175
134176
>>134171
>>134170
You see 9 blinded regulars, one wolf, one fire-dog, one not-blinded Samurai, and one blinded priest in the kill circle.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134176
134177 134181
>>134171
>>134175
>Do you have a particular target in mind?
The priest and the fire dog.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134177
134184
>>134176
The They on opposite sides of Brozal, so I'll just have you target the priest and the regular next to him.
The lightning hits the priest's mace like a lightning rod. I neglected to mention he was disguised, but you had a decent chance of hitting him anyway.
Regular was already wounded, and is KO'd from the shock.

The priest is visibly damaged, but doesn't drop.
"Raagh! You'll have to do more than that!" he bellows in common, before he downs a potion.

The fire-dog bites at Brozal, but fails to pierce his armor.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134178
Fuck it, I'm just going to have Brozal do a full attack while fighting defensively with full combat expertise.
All of them miss, but his AC is high this turn.

The Red Leader clashes his blades together and taunts Brozal.
"You! You dare fight me?!”
He counters with his own combo, but Brozal manages to block each hit.
Brozal takes the damage from his delayed damage pool. His HP is pretty low now.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134179
134182
Whiskers is currently being attacked by one wold and two goblins. He could step out of their melee range with his 5 ft step if he wants to cast a spell without provoking AoO's

He could also elect to take the retreat action, and move 60 ft uphill.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134180
134181
The blinded regulars scramble ineffectively to return to their previous formation. With a bark from the red leader, they form a haphazard spear wall around the priest the red leader.

Chad, you can move again right after Whiskers.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134181
134184
>>134180
>>134176
Also, be aware that you can use Call Lightning again every round, and drop up to 6 bolts.
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134182
134183
>>134179
Whiskers will continue to retreat, always searching somewhere to hide inside the farthest away these interlopers and towards the barn again.
[1d20+23 = 40]<Preemptive Hide Check
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134183
134185
>>134182
With a check like that, you're able to gain concealment in the bushes by the barn, but the Hobgoblins see where you went.

Both wolves vanish in a puff of black smoke.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134184
134186 134192
>>134177
>>134181
I cast call lightning on the regulars
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134185
134186
>>134183
Meow takes the opportunity to reload the crossbow and switch to the rapier, readying a melee attack the moment the icky, uncool hobgoblins keep their harrassment.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134186
134187 134191
>>134184
You manage to damage two, but that's not enough to drop them.
>>134185
Technically you can't use weapons in cat form, but I neglected to mention that earlier, so go ahead and do it.
You can't ready an attack after taking a full round action though.
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134187
>>134186
Crud.
Let's pretend Whiskers simply holstered the crossbow for instant scratching action instead.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134188
134190
The Priest takes the total defense action, and casts and Orison.
A shadowy area covers the kill-circle.
....
And is completely negated by the everburning torches that Brozal strapped to himself...

"REEEEEE stupid Orc! Muh Doom!"
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134189
.... I really wish Brozal's player were here... e_e
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134190
>>134188
I've been neglecting to mention that Brozal has been suffering from his light sensitivity.
Brozal manages to hit the Bladebearer twice, critically wounding him, but not dropping him. He heals 4 HP with from Martial Spirit.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134191
134192
>>134186
I cast plant growth in the area around the regulars.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134192
134193 134195
The Bladebearer takes a 5 ft step back and barks orders at his regulars before taking a potion and moving back towards the priest. The regulars manage to get between Brozal and the Bladebearer, still blinded.
Brozal makes an attack of opportunity at a blinded goblin and drops him. There are regulars left in the road.

The hellhound fires his breath weapon towards Brozal, who manages to save ad only takes 4 damage.
He's at like 15 HP, with 4 points in his delayed damage pool.

Whiskers already declared his turn

>>134184
Chad's turn. You don't have to use all your lightning at once. It'll last 4 minutes (40 rounds). You can cast another spell or summon a monster.
>>134191
Ah
Thick bushes and tall grass spring up all over the road, making the terrain difficult for the already blinded goblins.
Next round, this would be perfect terrain to cast entangle on.

The Bladebearer and the Cleric stand back to back, surrounded by what remains of their kill-circle.

The bladebearer shouts something in goblinoid
"Gobble gobble gobble gobble Tiamat gobble!"
The blinded goblins on the side of the road draws his sword and waddles towards Chad, although not moving very fast.

The goblins pursuing Whiskers give up on him and leave.
They immediately see Chad and fire arrows at him.
One magages to hit him, dealing 9 damage. Another bounces off of Misty's flank, spooking her.
Chad, roll a Ride check. For you that's 1d20+3
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134193
>>134192
*8 regulars left on the road.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134194
134196
With a bark from the Priest, the hellhound leaves the killcircle and charges right towards misty, biting into her leg with its fiery maw.

It would be Bro's turn, but idk where his player is...
He fights defensively and takes a potion. With no non-blind creature threatening him, doesn't provoke AoO. He regains 2 HP, but takes 4 damage from his delayed damage pool. He's at like 11 HP, really fucked-up.

Whiskers's turn
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134195
134197 134200 134204
>>134192
[1d20+3 = 15]
I cast entangle on the area.
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134196
134197
>>134194
Feeling it's about time to give these now disinterested ranged goblins the spook after the dogs went away as well as his hurt pride in need of mending, Whiskers decide to follow the ranged hobgolbins, preparing the biggest spook (Intimidate) imaginable.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134197
134198 134199
Vine Growth.jpg
>>134195
The Effect of the entangle spell is augmented by the thick brush.
All of the hobgoblin regulars are entangled. Unable to move or see, they are visibly distressed.
The Priest is similarly affected, as is the bladebearer.

Thing is, Brozal is caught in the nasty nest as well. He struggles against the angry vines.

>>134196
You can sneak up behind them with your movement.
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134198
134200 134201
>>134197
Ooh, boy. Time to roll Move Silently!
[1d20+2 = 15]<You know what I'm rolling here.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134199
134200
>>134197
I cast flaming sphere on the entangled priest.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134200
134203 134204
The bladebearer bursts out of the sea of vines, but the Priest remains entangled. Both of them appear to be regaining HP as their spells heal them.
>>134195
>>134199
I rolled Chad's ride check because you didn't. He failed his ride check as misky pancicked from the hellhound bite right after he cast his last spell. He falls prone beside her.
Both of the archer goblins fire arrows at him, both hitting and dealing 11 damage. The dog closes in with a bite attack, and sinks his teeth into him.
He's taken 29 damage and is now down below half health. He could die the next round if he doesn't think fast.

Remember, casting a spell in melee range provokes attacks of opportunity from the hellhound. So would standing up in your position.
Misty is not trained to attack, but you can handle her as a free action to push her to do so.

Wildshape would not provoke attacks of opportunity, however.
>>134198
B
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134201
>>134198
pass
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134202
All of the goblin regulars remain blinded, and entangled. Some of them fall prone.

Brolaz manages to burst free from the vines binding him, but still cant move, sourrounded by Brush and panicking goblins. He regains another 2 HP from his potion.
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134203
134205
>>134200
With a swift lick and a mighty yet silent exhale, Whiskers jumps forth, claws detracted into one of the hobgoblins' faces, using his super cool Iaijutsu focus he saw on theaters.
[1d20+7 = 25]<Melee Attack
[1d20+5 = 21]<Iaijustu Focus
I dunno if this is how it works, so feel free to correct me.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134204
134205
>>134200
The dice roll in >>134195
was meant to be the ride check.

I use wild shape to change into a black bear.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134205
134206
>>134203
It's technically chad's turn, but I'm going to let you attack, since you still had a standard action left that turn.
Roll damage for your claw attack in cat form

I wouldn't normally consider these guys flat-footed, but I'm going to let you auto-pass a Sleight Of Hand check to do the flick of the wrist trick, at the cost of an action point.
Roll damage for your cat claw attack, plus 3d6 Iajutsu damage.
>>134204
Oh
well, he probably would have failed to stay mounted after that, so I'm going to roll with this.
You regain 8 HP while turning into a bear. I'm going to rule that you're no longer prone.

Would you like to Handle misty to attack this turn? Your modifier would be +10. It's a free action.
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134206
134207
>>134205
Good to know for the future.
[1d2+3d6]<Raw Clawing Action
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134207
134208
>>134206
Shit.
[1d2 = 1]<Raw claw damage
[3d6 = 13]<Iaijustu damage mod
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134208
>>134207
You slash an archer in half, killing him instantly.
The other archer recoils in fright.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134209
134210
I'm going to roll that Misty attacks, because that'll get us through this faster.
She makes a full rounds attack, bearing down on the hellhound with both hooves. With sanctify natural attack and Smite Evil, the doggo didn't stand a chance. Its fiery innards spill out of its ribcage as she crushes it.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134210
134212
>>134209
Alright, what happens next?
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134211
134212
A Hobgoblins draws his sword and dagger and attacks Whiskers, both attacks missing him.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134212
>>134210
>>134211
That was some pretty good timing.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134213
134214
Pretty sure the blindness should have worn off by now. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The Bladebearer regains his footing, and spends his turn cutting the priest out of the vines.
The Priest draws a pre-read scroll and shouts a prayer. A Massive Sword of pure darkness forms in the air and bears down on Brozal
... and misses.
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134214
134216
>>134213
Should last 6 rounds (1 round/level)
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134215
134219
Brozal Crit-fails his save and can't do shit this round, vines debuffing him. He does heal 2 HP though.

I will remind Chad that he can still invoke lightning in bear form.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134216
>>134214
Shit, I guess we've got about two more rounds then.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134217
134218
The regulars, still blinded, entangled, and prone, flop about helplessly.

Whisker's turn.
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134218
134220
>>134217
Being the bold kitty that he is and seeing the horrified hobgoblin after seeing his indomitable spirit, Whiskers arches his back on the floor, hissing threateningly at the remaining archer in the hopes to destroying his will to fleeing.
[1d20+16 = 30]<Intimidate Check.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134219
134220
>>134215
I call lightning on the priest.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134220
134221
>>134218
Even with the -8 size penalty, you successfully demoralize the goblins.
That triggers Imperious Command.
The goblins drops his weapons, falls to the ground, and cowers in fear before the "lion".
>>134219
Thanks to the vines holding him down, the priest fails his save against the lightning. Were it not for his potion, he'd be dead by now.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134221
>>134220
I call lightning on the blade bearer.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134222
134224
Can i call a lightning storm?
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134223
The Bladebearer saves against the vine heroically and slashes straight through the brush at Brozal, slicing through his armor with the emerald razor technique.
Brozal takes a katana to the stomach and would be dying were it not for his delayed damage (thank Pelor).

The Sword of darkness attempts to finish him, but manages to kill goblin regular instead, since the Cleric is still blinded.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134224
134227
>>134222
Brozal fails his save against the vines and still can't move. Still fighting defensively, he heals 2 HP from his potion.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134225
The regulars are visibly shaken. Unable to see or move as the spiritual weapon picks them off in an attempt to smite Brozal.
"Gobblegobblegobblegobblegobble!"
The Red leader roars in anger
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134226
Whiskers turn
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134227
134229
>>134224
Did the lightning hit him?
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134228
134230
(the blade bearer)
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134229
134231
>>134227
No. Sorry.
You hit the priest, but not hard enough to drop him. He's sizzling, on his last leg.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134230
134231 134234
>>134228
Wait until next turn for that. You move after Whiskers.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134231
>>134229
>>134230
*waiting*
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134233
134234
>>134232
That can't work twice in a row, sorry. You'll need to wait a couple rounds.
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134234
134235
>>134230
>>134233
Whiskers, feeling the need to help Brozar further, runs at the scene at an appropriate distance for his intimidating presence to hit as many, if not all, enemies around him before doing the usual angry cat expression.
[1d20+8 = 18]<Intimidate Check (-8 included.)
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134235
134236 134242
>>134234
I'm not going to count the penalty when you're up against Blinded enemies.
The goblins hear the roar of a manticore, and are all sent cowering, including the Red Leader who wasn't facing you.

The red leader takes damage from lightning, but doesn't drop yet.

The spiritual weapon stands srill as the Cleric cowers
....

everybody cowers... and
Brozal, heroically bursts out of the vines this round.
He finishes the Red Leader with a Coup-de-grace, just in time to do it without provoking AoO, as the blindness wears off this round.
With Revitalizing strike and Martial Spirit, he just barely manages to avoid passing out, with 3 HP left.

Some of the regulars have left the kill-circle trying to escape, but dropped prone at the sound of the roar.

Whisker's turn again. All of the enemies are shaken, dead, prone, and/or disarmed. the Priest still lives though.
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134236
134238
>>134235
With a mighty charge, the cat lunges at the Priest, biting him on the arm in order to maybe incapacitate him for good.
[1d20+9 = 19]<CHAAAAAAAARGE Bite Attack
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134237
I'm here now. What can I attack?
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134238
134240
>>134236
Roll Jump
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134239
134240
+8 racial bonus
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134240
134243
>>134238
>>134239
[1d20+6 = 20]<Jump roll comboing into a bluff check to pretend that was my plan.
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134241
134243
please
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134242
134243
>>134235
I change from wild shape back to normal.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134243
134244 134245
>>134241
You could attack a regular or the cleric. They are all shaken and prone.
>>134242
Got it.
>>134240
Roll damage
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134244
134246
>>134243
[1d3 = 1]<Epic cat time damage
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134245
134247 134248
>>134243
Okay I'll attack the cleric with revitalizing strike, and then I'll burn an action point to hit him again with crusader's strike.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134246
>>134244
Doesn't drop, even as you bite him in the spinal cord.
The Cleric attacks back with the spiritual weapon, but it misses you.

Bro's turn. You see the Cleric right at your feet
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134247
>>134245
I'll use Combat Expertise to take -2 on my attack for +2 AC.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134248
>>134245
Roll to hit with the first attack. +2 because he's prone.
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134249
134250
Rolled a 24 and a 14 respectively. Nine damage on the first hit, and 11 on the second.
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134250
>>134249
*26 and 16 on the attack rolls
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134251
134253 134255
Alright, Bro rolled on the server.
Yeah, this bitch died.
The regulars GTFO as the guy signing their paychecks is kill.

Bro and Whiskers can make AoO's as the regulars leave the area.

Chad, you can roll to hit a passing goblin with your spear.
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134252
I get 20 HP back from striking. I won't make any AoOs. Brozal wants them to spread terror in their ranks by talking about his feat of undying endurance.
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134253
134254
>>134251
Whiskers paps at one of the running regulars with his claws, more as a sign of dominance than actually trying to take down any of them.
[1d20+7 = 17]<You get papped for being a meanie
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134254
134257 134258
>>134253
You claw him as he runs away.

Okay, unless you want to hunt down every one of these guys, the encounter is over.
Before you lie 6 dead goblins. and two dead hellhounds. What do you do?
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134255
134256
>>134251
I attempt to attack a fleeing goblin with the spear
[1d8 = 1]
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134256
134265
>>134255
You graze him as he passes you, but don't manage to drop him.

Your horse nuzzles you affectionately, glad that the fighting is over.
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134257
134259
>>134254
Search their bodies for clues. Brolaz will prevent anybody from taking their money or possessions. He will also start digging graves with a shovel from the barn.
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134258
134260 134262
>>134254
With a heavy sigh and a much needed stretch, Whiskers opts to simply check the goblins for any items that may let them recover their stamina and health since he'd really want to feel himself at his fullest and reach a safe place before settling down.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134259
>>134257
Roll appraise.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134260
134263
>>134258
You roll apparise too.
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134261
134270
Rolled a 12
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134262
134264
>>134258
Just roll slight of hand so my boy scout crusader doesn't see you looting them
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134263
>>134260
[1d20+3 = 4]<Smort kot Appraisal check
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134264
>>134262
alrighty.
although he ain't gonna find shit.
[1d20+13 = 29]<Sleight of Paw check
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134265
134266 134270
>>134256
I return to brushing the mare as she has developed a few knots since from the battle.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134266
134267
>>134265
*developed a few knots from the battle
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134267
134272
dc1dafe-2cc00783-042e-4e54-8ff2-72e373c2ca3e.png
Possible character art?
>>134266
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134268
One moment. Calculating treasure/xp
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134270
134272
>>134261
The armor that priest is wearing looks pretty swank. Would certainly be a nice replacement for the suit that samurai slashed though.

The swords on the samurai look like they're of exceptional quality.

Some leather armor that doesn't look remarkable, although the samurai's seems to be resellable. 12 composite longbows and 12 longswords, 14 steel shields.

A potion on the Cleric. Four more potions on the dead regulars.

The Priest was carrying a holy symbol. Roll religion to identify it.

>>134265
[happy horse noises]
She's glad to have the attention.

Whiskers and Brozal both gain 2750 XP for this encounter.

Chad gains 2000 XP, since he showed up late, but still played a major role.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134271
The ruined farmhouse is just up the hill, btw.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134272
134273 134275
>>134267
What are you implying?
>>134270
I will continue brushing.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134273
134274
>>134272
Roll Handle Animal to see how well you do (1d20+10 mod)
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134274
134278 134289
>>134273
[1d20+10 = 30]
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134275
>>134272
He has a horse. Idunno if he has a spear or not.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134276
134279
Okay, you've looted the bodies for combat gear.
What do you do next?
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134277
Also when I was AFK we can just say that was Brolaz having a fit of inattentiveness where he forgot about the world around him and became a zombie for a while.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134278
134295
>>134274
Misty is very, very pleased.

Btw, going forward, you can controll your horse. Assign personality traits and whatnot. I statted you as an Athasian Druid, so you can speak with her freely, and vice versa.
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134279
134282
>>134276
Whiskers cleans himself for a bit, hoping the vigor potion's aftereffects let get out of the bloodied status before sniffing at the potions, using his spellcraft to maybe understand what they could do.
[1d20+12 = 13]>Spellcraft check
After that, he aims his small body towards the barn, hoping it would be a fine place to rest up any pain remaining.
"Human and green human," he said "let us go to the wooden, rustic and austere house."
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134280
134281
Okay, anybody want to check the surrounding area before the adventure actually begins?

In the future, i'm going to try to change how I handle combat. It shouldn't take 3 hours for one encounter...
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134281
134282 134285
>>134280
I want to dig graves for the dead goblins.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134282
134283 134284
>>134279
They appear to be healing potions, similar to the one he drank earlier.
>>134281
Do you have a shovel?
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134283
134285 134286
>>134282
With a sigh of relief, Whiskers proudly struts towards the digging orc, proudly displaying a potion on his back and a raised tail at how pleased he was.
"I have drink for you, mister green human."
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134284
>>134282
There's a shovel in my backpack. Yes.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134285
134287
>>134283
>>134281
I double-checked. He has no shovel.
Maybe there might be something in that abandoned farmhouse though...
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134286
134294
>>134283
The orc stares at the cat from behind his flaming helmet before grumbling and pouring the liquid through the helmet and into his mouth. "Thank you, small cat."
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134287
134288
>>134285
*screaming*
Okay I had no shovel but I'd like to check the barn for one.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134288
134294
>>134287
As you enter the farmhouse, you see five more dead bodies lined up along the west wall.
You also see what appears to be a crude campsite in the farmhouse, with dirty bedrolls, cookfires (now banked), and other such necessities present.

Roll search to look for a shovel
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134289
134291 134295
>>134274
You still there, m8?
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134290
134294
Brozal walks out of the barn. "Cat, my eyes are terrible. Please help me find a shovel in the barn." He then offers the cat two gold pieces for help.
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134291
134292
>>134289
Yeh but my search mod is bad.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134292
134293
>>134291
Roll anyway
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134293
134296
>>134292
Rolled a 13
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134294
>>134288
>>134286
Quickly following the orc to the barn, he meows excitedly at seeing the campfire.
>>134290
That was before he got interrupted by the orc asking for help, which gave a strong puff of his furry chest.
"Payment won't be necessary, mister green human. I am too cool to be paid for a task so simple."
With that being said, he finally notices the corpses in his start of the search, quickly arcing his back in fear.
"J-just give me a moment," the cat offers before cautiously starting the search.
[1d20+3 = 19]<Search
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134295
>>134278
>>134289
Sorry for the delay,
I wait outside the farmhouse while speaking with Misty.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134296
134297 134298 134313
>>134293
You find a rusty old shovel.

You also find a floral patterned purse next to one of the bodies. It contains 355 gp.

O'm sorry guys, but I have to step out for like 10-15 minutes.

Feel free to do dialogue in the meantime.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134297
134303
I say "neigh" and she says "whiny"
>>134296
I can wait.
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134298
134299 134300
>>134296
It's time for digging shallow unmarked graves.
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134299
>>134298
Whiskers, being ever curious, decides to follow the orc along, specially if it meant to get away from that haunted barn filled with probably vengeful and haunting ghosts for a good while.
"S-so," the cat tries to say "what are you doing?"
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134300
134302
>>134298
Dig them deep, so the necrophages don't get to them.

The bodies in the farmhouse appear freshly killed. It seems as though the goblin warband has already killed five people today. By the clothes they appear to be a female human merchant, three men who might've been guards, and a farmer. The purse probably belonged to the merchant; it seems as though the gobins leader had not yet divided it out.
The dead guards are dressed in studded leather armor and carried light crossbows and longswords, none remarkable.

Btw, the goblins dropped 12 longswords. They look resellable.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134301
134302
I'm going to assume the party lets Brozal dig for an hour or two. Nothing else happens in the meantime.
It's a couple hours past noon. Drellin's Ferry isn't that far off (by horse).
What do you do?
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134302
134303
>>134300
>>134301
Whiskers' currently conflicted between staying here to heal up first and getting the heck out of the spirit-filled barn that can become blindly vengeful at any second, quickly looking at Brozal to hear his decision.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134303
134306 134308 134309
>>134297
I'm going to let you guys fight to decide ho gets what, but you still need to specify who's carrying what.
We've got two fancy-looking shortswords
One fancy-looking set of banded mail
5 healing potions
355 gp
A silver holy symbol of an unknown diety
A fancy-looking heavy mace
12 sharp-looking longswords
12 composite longbows
A decent set of studded leather
>>134302
You should be close to full HP by the time the potion finishes effecting you.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134304
134306
Drellin's Ferry isn't that far off. You have no reason to suspect another ambush so close to the town.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134305
134306 134308
Anybody with ranks in Knowledge (religion) can roll to identify the holy symbol.
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134306
134307
>>134303
Considering Whiskers is not capable of hauling anything aside from maybe some GP he might need, he'll hold on to that.
>>134304
Understood
>>134305
No ranks in that, sadly.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134307
134310
>>134306
I told y'all to buy mules/horses...

There's the druid with his horse and saddlebags though.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134308
134310 134311 134314
>>134303
Maybe split the potions, i get 2 and Bro gets 3.
>>134305
Can i identify it?
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134309
134311
>>134303
How many of the weapons could i carry to sell?
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134310
>>134307
Ree
>>134308
Whiskers wouldn't mind, considering he's almost at full HP and isn't meant to take damage in the first place.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134311
134314 134317
Tiamat_Symbol_1.jpg
>>134308
No, you cannot, sorry. It's a trained-only skill.
It looks like pic related.
>>134309
Misty could probably carry almost everything in her saddlebags.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134312
134318
Please just walk into town already...
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134313
134318
>>134296
Brolaz will go to town after burying the bodies.
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134314
134315 134317
>>134311
>>134308
Feeling confident to go back to town, Whiskers daintily hops on Misty's back, ready to be taken to town.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134315
134316
>>134314
Roll a ride check
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134316
134317 134318
>>134315
[1d20+2 = 14]<Cool Riding maneuvers
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134317
134318 134334
>>134311
Okay then.
I will carry the stuff in Misty's bags.
>>134314
>>134316
I am ready to go into the town.
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134318
134319
>>134317
>>134313
>>134316
>>134312
Everyone's ready.
Save for the result of the ride check.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134319
134320 134321 134332
bac.jpg._1024.jpg
screenshot10.jpg
>Later That Day
The road descends into a small town built mostly on the near side of a broad, sluggish river. Six old stone piers jut from the water, marking the spot where a bridge once stood, but the span itself is long gone. Instead, a couple of long thick ropes cross the river, each secured to a flat-bottomed ferryboat. Brown fields and green orchards surround the town.

A group of armed townsfolk—three in leather, one in mail—stands guard, watching you warily. “Halt and state your business, strangers,” one of the guards says.

>>134318
It was a 15 DC, but you can take 20.
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134320
134321 134322
>>134319
Brozal approaches while using his trident as a walking stick. "We are here to kill goblins."
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134321
134322
>>134319
>>134320
Feeling the need to spring into action, Whiskers quickly hops off the horse and daintily walks over to the guards alongside Brozal. "We come in peace, armed humans," the cat quickly adds "I seek the one known as Princess Princess Bagel Jennifurr Fluffykinz the Fourth. Has she entered the premises?"
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134322
134323 134325
HerskSmall.jpg
>>134320
A human guard eyes the orc as he approaches, glaring as he sees the drawn weapon. He’s a burly man in scale mail with a curling, waxed mustache.
"Hmmmph, so a I." he grumbles
"There aren't any goblins in town right about now. What's your business here, Orc?"
>>134321
Are you in cat form or humanoid form?
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134323
134324 134331
>>134322
Still cat,
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134324
134329 134331
>>134323
"Ah! A Talking cat!" The middle-aged soldier shouts with a start.
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134325
134326
>>134322
"Here to kill goblins. I am a crusader of Pelor."
Remember that there are two everburning torches strapped to the back of his armor and his armor looks like fire.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134326
134327
>>134325
The old guard cocks an eyebrow at that.
"O' Pelor you say? I take it your temple sent you here?"
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134327
134331
>>134326
"Yes."
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134328
I'm working with eight intelligence here. Brozal will be dull.
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134329
134331
>>134324
Recoiling slightly in both shock and undignified annoyance, Whiskers puffs his chest out. "I am the great warrior known as Whiskers, not a mere 'talking cat.'
His cheeks puff out slighty to signify his cute annoyance in a cheeky attempt to fascinate the spooked guard.
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134330
134336
"Whiskers didn't get his fish this morning. We'll usually stop by a river and catch him a fish to eat. He's a bit cranky."
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134331
134333 134336
>>134324
>>134323
>>134329
The man gathers himself, still visibly confused.
"Well, I don't know anything about a princess, but if yer lady were lookin' for a place to stay the Old Bridge Inn is just ahead, on your left. Or, if you prefer, try the Green Apple, on the other side of the square. I like the Old Bridge, myself.”
>>134327
"Hmmm, we have a temple o' Pelor here too. If you didn't kill a man fo' that armor, I guess we can pass." the man grumbles, still visibly unfomfortable
"What did ye master send you for?"
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134332
134335
>>134319
Chad responds while mounted.
"I am here to not bring trouble but to trade my goods."
And then he looks to his left and right to the saddlebags with a open palm.
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134333
134335 134339
>>134331
"To kill goblins."
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134334
134347
>>134317
"And you. You with these two lads?" The guard asks, making eye contact with the only other human present
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134335
134339 134347
>>134332
"Ah, that'll do." the man says
"Nice horse ye got there. She fer sale?" he implores
>>134333
"Ah, I won’t deny that we’re
in a hard spot, and you look like capable sorts. Go over to the
Old Toll House—that’s the big stone building, there—and
ask for Captain Soranna.”

And with that, the three guards stand aside and let you pass
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134336
134337
>>134330
"Hmph," the cat lets out, begrudgingly letting Brozal get away with his sentence before glancing back at the guard.
>>134331
"Much appreciated, armed human," Whiskers responds with a nod, getting over his own strong emotions himself. "Anything we should look out for in this fine village?"
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134337
134339
>>134336
"In the village? Nothin' to worry about, 'cept a few stray dogs." He says with a chuckle
"Bands of savages have been skulking near the town for days now though. Everyone has been on edge."
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134338
Everyone gets 150 Xp for walking into the town.
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134339
>>134335
>>134337
>>134333
With an undignified harrumph and a flick of his tail at the guard's joke, Whiskers mumbles something about dogs being no challenge against him before returning to his acquaintances. "Alright," the cat starts "I assume we got our businesses to deal with. Brozal, want to visit our places one by one together or go for our respective areas?"
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134340
134344
I'd strongly prefer it if the three of you stuck together.
What do you want to do first? Find a room at an inn? Sell stuff? You've still got some daylight before evening.
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134341
134343 134344
"I will sleep outside."
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134342
134344
Brozal settles down for some rest on the side of the street.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134343
134345
bf415b85901ca2885ad6a6cb2b3315c3.jpeg
>>134341
Dude, the townsfolk visibly already don't like you for being an Orc. You sure you want to be a hobo on top of that?

What's the plan for everyone else?
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134344
134346
>>134340
Fair enough.
>>134341
>>134342
Seeing the orc simply setting down on the side of the street, Whiskers blinks once before licking the back of his paw for a second. "Well, that is a rustic spot," he answers "don't you prefer to accompany us while we sell whatever the human with the horse wants to sell before you rest?"
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134345
134348
>>134343
I have 8 int. Yes.
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134346
134350
>>134344
"I do not need the comfort of a roof, but I will accompany you." Brozal will go with the party to the store.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134347
134349 134350
>>134334
"Yes, i am venturing with them."
>>134335
"No, she is a one of a kind and i have spent a very long time building trust between me and her."
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134348
134354
>>134345
sighs
Okay, just try not to split the party.

Where does everyone want to go first?
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134349
134354
>>134347
"Awww, too bad. Lucky man you are with a horse like that." The sergeant says as you trot away
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134350
>>134346
>>134347
Whiskers nods his little cat head before looking at Chad, awaiting his predictable move of going to the marketplace and sell the stuffs.
(Come on, mister human. I know you want those shiny cylinders.)
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134351
134353 134354
So, you guys wanna go to the market first?
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134352
134354
market pls
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134353
134354
>>134351
That's what Whisker's pushing for, yes.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134354
134355
>>134348
I think we should sell the stuff first.
>>134349
"Until we meet again, i bid you adieu." as Chad turns to give his goodbye with a raised hand.
>>134351
>>134352
>>134353
Yep.
Time to meet the market merchants.
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134355
>>134354
https://youtu.be/Cupo63T_Bcs
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134356
134357 134358 134362
Captain-Soranna-Anitah-Portrait-of-the-Drellins-Ferry-town-guard-Red-Hand-of-Doom.jpg
download.jfif
Okay.

You're just strutting about the market, looking for anyone eager to buy your looted weaponry, when you hear a call from across the bazaar. Across the market stand a tall, balding man of about fifty and a capable-looking swordswoman. “Sorry to trouble you, travelers, but I’d like a few minutes of your time,” the man says.
“My name is Norro Wiston, and I’m the Town Speaker for Drellin’s Ferry. This is our guard captain, Soranna. I’ll get right to the point: We’re in a lot of trouble, and I was hoping I could persuade you to help us out.” He says, eyeing the bags of looted swords and your bloodied armor.

Pics related
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134357
134358 134359
>>134356
"We are here to kill goblins. There is no need to pay us."
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134358
>>134356
>>134357
Having once again taken the position on Misty's back, Whiskers, in catform still, nods at the approaching entourage, yet lets Brozal do the talking this time for now, remembering his desire to speak with these two recently.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134359
134360 134362 134365
“Our town is under attack,” the speaker begins.
“Hobgoblin raiders have been harrying our lands for several days now. They’ve attacked and killed people in the outlying homesteads, and they’ve been waylaying travelers along the Dawn Way.”
Captain Soranna adds, “We’ve had some trouble with them before—a quick raid on homesteads on the west side of the river, usually not that bad—but this is different. It looks like a large, aggressive tribe has moved down out of the Wyrmsmoke Mountains. Frankly, I fear they might be numerous enough to sack the town.”
“Beyond the immediate threat to our homes, the road is our lifeblood,” the Speaker continues. “If the hobgoblins make the Dawn Way impassable to the west, trade won’t come this way, and we’ll be ruined. Not only do we need to repel the raiders from our town, but we’ve got to keep that road open. Can you help us do it?”
>>134357
The old man looks thrilled.
"Oh really? You’d be helping a lot of people if you could deal with this problem.”
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134360
134361
>>134359
The kitty is less than thrilled about the prospect provided without going too far as to reject Brozal's entire purpose of being here. "Do you happen to know how many are there in this tribe?" he reluctantly asks, still in his cat form.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134361
134362 134364
>>134360
You can still bargain, or even ask about your current quest in the witchwood.
“We’re not sure. A hundred warriors, maybe...?" He pauses
“There have been at least three different warbands around our lands at the same time, each about fifteen to twenty strong, so fifty at the minimum."
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134362
134368 134369
>>134356
>>134359
"I am willing to assist you in this trouble but we cannot do it just yet, we have come here to sell, not to fight, just yet."
"So let us ponder whether or not we are capable of handling this, if we are sure that we can help then we will."
>>134361
"We will have decide if this is a size that we are able to deal with, will you be able to come with us Soranna if i offer you some weaponry?"
"Will there be anyone else with us?"
"Do you have any knowledge of the witch-wood, Norro?"
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134363
Forgot to mention about a dozen or so guards with spears, standing some distance back behind the captain.
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134364
134368
>>134361
Assessing danger first.
Whiskers quickly stands up, jolted into attention by the sheer numbers.
"Wo-hoah there," he answers, shocked "that is a lot for three of us to handle. Do you have anything to counteract their numbers?"
Brozal
44eee0f
?
No.134365
134366 134367 134368
>>134359
"Point me in the direction of the goblins. We can go right now."
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134366
>>134365
Whiskers quickly turns to Brozal, looking remarkably afraid at his eagerness. "H-hey, no need to rush this. We can go all together and squash them good later."
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134367
134372
>>134365
"I do not think i am capable of doing this right, i have sleep that is waiting for me and i can't be late."
"And we have to prepare for the coming fight, we still have things to be sold from our previous encounter, if we go into this without selling the equipment Misty will be weighed down and not fit for fighting."
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134368
134370 134371
>>134362
>we have come here to sell
"We're short of arms as of now. Perhaps I could take those swords and bows off of you? I can pay for that up front. I could give you more after you return." The speaker says
>"Do you have any knowledge of the witch-wood, Norro?"
“I know little of the woods myself. I've heard of an old ruined castle nestled in there." He says
>>134365
"I can tell you how to get there though. Cross the river and follow the Dawn Way west. The road goes all the way through the forest. Or you could strike north and take the Witch Trail, but not many people go that way.”
>>134364
"We've tried... “We tried. We sent a dozen guardsmen west on the road to find out where the hobgoblins were lairing, but they got cut to pieces a few miles inside the forest..." he says
" “The hobgoblins are using fearful monsters and evil magic against us. Until you showed up, we haven’t had any heroes here who could stand up to them.” he says
>>134362
>will you be able to come with us Soranna
"...My men need me here. It's been enough trouble fighting off the raiders with the men we have..."
Roll Sense motive (1d20+5)
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134369
134371
>>134362
>"Will there be anyone else with us?"
>"Do you have any knowledge of the witch-wood, Norro?"
Soranna speaks up at this
"... “If you’re going to be wandering around in the Witchwood, I would advise you to seek out Jorr. You can’t fi nd someone who knows the woods better. His cabin is out of the way, but it could be worth the walk. If you take the Witch Trail, go left at the first big trail crossing; Jorr’s cabin is about seven miles in. Or, if you’re on the Dawn Way, take a right on a trail about nine miles from the forest edge. Jorr’s cabin is near the Blackwater.”
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134370
134372
>>134368
The cat shakes his head at the disheartening response, feeling even further troubled if his hair standing on end wasn't enough to signal that. Nonetheless, the cat sighs. "Before I agree to set off towards certain death," Whiskers starts "I'd like to know if you've seen Princess Princess Bagel Jennifurr Fluffykinz the fourth around these parts. She's a dear friend of mine."
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134371
134373 134375
>>134368
"Hmm, a fair deal but i insist that we do it at the break of dawn, after we have rested, you can have the weapons now and where do you wish to meet under the rising sun?" He says atop Misty.
"I understand that you must stay"
[1d20+5 = 15]
>>134369
"Do you know him personally? What does he look like and can you tell us something personal so that he may trust us?"
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134372
134374 134376
>>134367
"I would be willing to pay for a stay at the inn, if you would wish." The old man offers
"And those arms. I my troops would pay a penny for those." Soranna adds
>>134370
The old man looks confused
"... Princess..? Now that you mention it, i think some people did mentions something about a 'ghost cat' lurking in the alley beside the Old Bridge Inn; perhaps that might perk your interest."
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134373
>>134371
You manage to spot Soranna subtly licking her lip at the sight of one of the priceless gem-encrusted shortswords that the Red Leader dropped.
Her commitment to leading the town guards seems solid though. You sense a deep worry in her eyes.
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134374
134377
>>134372
The cat reels back at the usage of 'ghost cat' without any pretext, puffing his cheek in outrage yet relents, exhaling swiftly. "Humans," he mutters before blinking softly "what else can you tell me about the Princess Princess?"
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134375
>>134371
"Jorr prefers to keep to himself, nobody really knows him... We don't even know how old he is." she trails off.
"He's a lean woodsman, tall. He loves his dogs, and hates goblins with a passion."
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134376
134378 134379 134383
>>134372
"That would be kind of you, we will set out in the morning, what do you say Whiskers, should we rest or attack them at the rising of the moon?"
"What would they be willing to pay for these? And what about this sword with the red gem?" He says with a smug smirk.
"Are you sure that we are capable of standing up to these goblins? Do you think it would be better to let them come to us? Or should we take them by surprise now? Or should we rest first?"
"What do you have to say Bro?"
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134377
134381
>>134374
"I wouldn't know. It's just a rumor. There's been a lot o' stray cats lurking around there lately. Perhaps you might find someone you know." The man says, not quite sure how to present himself
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134378
134380 134386
>>134376
Whiskers turns to Chad with a tilt of his head, thinking it for a bit. "I can definitely see in the night, but I am not sure if they can do the same," he answers "or you and the green human, for that matter."
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134379
134381 134386
>>134376
"We should attack at the crack of dawn and send a warning that we're coming. They won't be able to stop us, and this will demoralize them."
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134380
134381
>>134378
Brozal has light blue skin
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134381
134382
>>134377
The cats spares a thankful nod at the man in question.
>>134379
>>134380
I totally meant to butcher his color.
Whiskers arches his back in shock before looking sternly at the orc. "If we are going to go that route, we must actually have the numbers to scare them," he retorts "or at least pretend we do:"
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134382
134388
>>134381
The orc leans in with a blank stare and takes a knee to get lower to the ground. "With the light of Pelor, we can crush an army of any size."
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134383
134386
>>134376
The man eyes the equipment.
"... I could manage to give you 500 gold for the swords and bows, looking at their condition." He says
He eyes the shortswords and the armor
"... Hmmm, now that's craftsmanship. I'd have to have 'em appraised before I made an offer, but perhaps you could barter them at Morlin’s Smithy. He's always hammering out blades that none can ever afford to buy..." The man continues, trailing of with a bit of a frustrated grumble.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134384
134385 134386 134388
"And, as for your reward.." The man says, checking his notes
"I could offer you each 500 gold upon your return."
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134385
134388 134390
>>134384
"Protecting those in danger is reward enough. Just give us something to eat."
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134386
134388
>>134378
"It would be preferable to attack at dawn then"
>>134379
"Let the sun guide us to the fight, i will cast a divination spell to see the outcome when twilight comes, if the attacking force is doomed then we must defend ourselves."
>>134383
"I will have to check in with the smith first as only he can give a definitive answer."
>>134384
"Seems to be a reasonable sum of gold cum"
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134387
88ef222e2bcdc1c17b5fdc7098455a7f.jpg

Whiskers
e87ecff
?
No.134388
134389 134390
>>134382
Whiskers barely opens his mouth in a failed attempt to reply, yet he remembers how he tanked all that damage before he threw his shiny cat liter at the goons, finding a semblance of truth for a second.
Nonetheless, the cat shakes his head. "Alright, fine," he answers "we did take down those goons and you did manage to get out without dying back there, but this may need more planning than simply rushing the enemy down. Can you see in the dark without your torches?"
>>134385
>>134384
Whiskers is a tad uneased by accepting the money, too, feeling the villagers will most likely need it themselves for the short term.
>>134386
"If you can't see at nightfall, sure," he answers.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134389
134390 134391 134392
>>134388
"These torches are so I may spread the light of Pelor everywhere I go. I do not need them."
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134390
134392 134393 134394
>>134385
>>134389
"Hmmmm.. You're a knight of Pelor, aren't you? Brother Dernymight want a word with you."
>>134388
"Very well then. Feel free to make yourselves at home at the Old Bridge Inn. Tell Ol' Shadowbanks that it's on my tab."
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134391
>>134389
>light sensitivity
Retina-burning holiness.
Whiskers
e87ecff
?
No.134392
134396
>>134389
"I... see," Whiskers answers, looking at the torch suit before licking his paw abruptly for a bit.
(It's to safely meet your friend, it's to safely meet your friend.)
>>134390
Stopping at the offer, the cat nods. "I am most thankful," he answers solemnly "I do wish to inquire about any sort of items that can harm multiple opponents at once. It might prove invaluable for the quest."
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134393
>>134390
Brozal goes to the Hamlet's local church/temple of Pelor.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134394
>>134390
"Where may i keep my horse for the night?"
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134395
https://youtu.be/cj2HvGPv0XM
This is what we're about to do
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134396
134397 134399 134403
Okay, so the troops give you 500 gold for the scavenged weapons. You're offered a free stay at the inn.

You can elect to take the mastercraft weapons to the smithy to have them appraised, if you wish.

>>134392
"Hmmm, you might want to try asking Sertieren the Wise; the local Wizard. His wares may be pricy, but they'll get the job done."
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134397
134398 134400 134403
>>134396
Brozal rejects the gold and tells them to distribute it evenly to the homeless and poor of the town.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134398
>>134397
Based and Pelor-pilled.
makes note
Whiskers
e87ecff
?
No.134399
134401 134403
>>134396
"I say we check the sword's value and abilites first," Whiskers offers. "Perhaps it might hint at an ability we can use for this raid."
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134400
134402
>>134397
"Well, You could go ahead and give your cut to Brother Derny."
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134401
134403
>>134399
I'd really like you all to stay together, yes.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134402
134405
>>134400
Brozal will give five-hundred gold to Brother Derny and insist that the gold is evenly distributed among the homeless and poor of the hamlet. He will also ask that Brother Derny use a portion of the five-hundred gold to buy soup and clean water for the homeless and poor.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134403
134404
>>134396
>>134397
>>134399
"I will take the weaponry to the smith then we part with half of the money and give the rest to the poor like Bro suggested we do."
>>134401
"Well then Whiskers, do you want to come with me to the forgery?"
Whiskers
e87ecff
?
No.134404
>>134403
The cat nods, comfortable on Misty's back as he lays down again to calm his nerves slightly.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134405
134407 134410
>>134402
One step at a time please.

I've heard several locations brought up:
>Morlin’s Smithy
>The House of Sertieren the Wise
> The Old Bridge Inn

Actually, I'd like everyone to roll an untrained knoledge (local) check to see what they know about this town walking into it.

Whiskers, you can roll Gather Information if your mod is higher.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134406
KV7wf9g7.jpg
I rolled a zero on knowledge(local).
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134407
134408 134409
>>134405
what is the dice roll or that? (1d20something)
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134408
>>134407
*for that?
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134409
134411 134415
Okay, first the Smithy...

Alright, before you stands what looks like a typical smithy on the side of the hill, with a small cottage not far behind it.
You see an old dwarf hammering on some piece of metal up front. Sparks fly off of the anvil as he gurgles an unintelligible song.
>>134407
1d20+2 for you.
I'd also like you to roll Nature, which would be 1d20+11
Whiskers
e87ecff
?
No.134410
134412 134414
>>134405
Rolling Gather Info
[1d20+12 = 21]<Gather Information Roll
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134411
134412 134414
>>134409
[1d20+2 = 21]
[1d20+11 = 29]
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134412
134413
>>134410
>>134411
>both 21
Whiskers
e87ecff
?
No.134413
>>134412
So chad he matches the charisma character perfectly.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134414
134415 134416 134418
>>134410
Okay, you're able to discern all of the mundane and magical services you would be able to find in this town. You know that you'd be able to find minor magical items if you went looking. Several items within your price range are available.
Furthermore, you have heard rumors of a mysterious "disappearing cat" near the Old Bridge Inn. You think your friend might be near.
>>134411
As territorial as any druid, you quickly pick up wind of The Old Ones: A small clearing in the woods on the west bank of the Elsir holds an old circle of small menhirs known as “the Old Ones” by the townsfolk. The circle has long served as a druidic sacred place, and the druid Avarthel now tends the Old Ones.

Oh, and there's a few horses for sale in both the local stables in town. Misty snorts indignantly as one winks at you as you pass by.
Whiskers
e87ecff
?
No.134415
134416
>>134414
>>134409
Awesome.

Whiskers pats the horse owning human on his back, trying to point him at the blacksmith first. He didn't want those nasty dogs bullying him anytime soon.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134416
>>134414
I will wait until after the battle then when i return to the town i will meet with the fellow druid.
I give Misty a reassuring head pat.
>>134415
We make our way towards the dwarf.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134417
134420 134421 134422
Okay guys, I'm going to have to step away soon. I'm burnt, and I'm going to eat dinner in a little bit.
Right now, it's early in the afternoon. The party has time to run

Recalculating my course of action, I don't think I actually want to roleplay every shopkeeper. Just ask for what's available and I'll tell you guys what's for sale.

If you guys want to finish the session this evening, I would like to get to the end of day one tonight so we can begin day 2 next weekend.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134418
134419
>>134414
I wanna go to the temple
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134419
>>134418
I'll get you there. Just give me a bit to go get a drink.
Since you're in the server, I could also RP that part during the week. I don't intend to start day 2 until next session.
Whiskers
e87ecff
?
No.134420
>>134417
Kitty want some AoE damage dealers and know if sword has power that might be useful.
After that, he may go to the Inn and meet cat lady.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134421
>>134417
What does the dwarf have to sell and does he say anything about the swords?
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134422
134423
>>134417
I can keep going until i am forced to stop.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134423
134424
>>134422
Okay, pardon me for being a faggot, but I'm going to spend half an hour eating dinner. Then I can revisit this with a fresh mind.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134424
>>134423
*waiting*
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134425
134426 134427 134429
Okay, for the sake of convenience, I'll point out that either Chad or Whiskers could have used Detect Magic and a spellcraft check to try to identify the weapons. Both the shortswords and the armor have magical auras: faint evocation on the shortswords and faint abjuration on the armor. You can logically assess that they are each +1 weapons/armor, with no other special powers.
You know that all three of them are dwarvencraft in quality. You know this because the dwarf running the smithy says he crafted them himself.

He has a battleaxe, a longsword, a heavy steel shield, a breastplate, and a chainshirt. All of similar quality (+1). He says he'd be willing to barter either of the swords for any of the weapons, and the banded mail for either set of armor or the shield. You can also buy any of these normally at market price.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134426
>>134425
Oh yes, there's also 50 arrows for sale, which he insists are magical.
Whiskers
e87ecff
?
No.134427
134429 134431
>>134425
Whisker doesn't see anything that interests his current need for AoE damage dealing, so he waits for Chad to see if anything would interest him.
He casts a cursory Detect Magic on the arrows to pass the time and confirm the dwarf's proclamations.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134428
134430 134434
Are there any bargain bin wands with a verbal activation thingy?
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134429
>>134425
>>134427
I see nothing that i need, i will give the weapons to the troops and Soranna in the morning.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134430
134434
>>134428
Wands that are almost dead are fine too
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134431
134432 134434
>>134427
"Do you want to go meet that princess now Whiskers? Or can we go meet Avarthel? (the other druid)
Whiskers
e87ecff
?
No.134432
134436
>>134431
Whiskers' ears spike as he stood up, but tries to remain cool. "If it's on the path to the druid, we can definitely save time going there."
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134433
I might be settling in for some sleep here in an hour or two
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134434
134435 134436 134438
>>134428
No.
The armor looks good though. It looks like it would fit you.

[insert shopkeeper roleplay here]
"I have just the scroll for you." the Wizard says.
"Fireball. That'll be 375 gold."
>>134430
No wands.
Scrolls are on sale at the temple and the Wizard's house.
Both mages offer low-level spellcasting services.
>>134431
Sounds like the Old Ones have some low-level potions on sale.

Just saying, you guys only have a few hours until the evening.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134435
134437
>>134434
Brolaz will sit outside
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134436
134438 134453
>>134432
>>134434
"Then let us begin our march towards the princess and meet Avarthel after"
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134437
134443
>>134435
I'm going to let you go to the temple while the rest of their party does their stuff.
You sure you don't want that +1 Banded mail?
Whiskers
e87ecff
?
No.134438
134439
>>134434
>>134436
"It can wait," Whiskers retorts, starting to take stock of time "we must prepare for the fight first."
With that being said, he asks the potion-seller for any sort of potions to fling at enemies in order to cause damage.

I'd definitely take that scroll of Fireball, but I'm unsure it's for me.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134439
134440
>>134438
It's for you.
Whiskers
e87ecff
?
No.134440
134441
>>134439
Meow definitely takes two Fireball scrolls for himself before asking for any other elemental area of effect attacks.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134441
134448
>>134440
"Nothing in stock now, but I could have you a scroll with three charges of burning hands by tomorrow morning if you pay up front. That would be 75 gold." The wizard replies
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134442
134448
There is only one Fireball scroll
"... I could have one by tomorrow. I would have to pull an all-nighter, but If you're helping lady Soranna I would be happy to oblige." The old mage says
Small black feline leaps up on the desk and walks across the receipt pad.
"Mittens! No!" The old wizards reees
"Pardon my familiar..."
>"Oooooh, would you look at what we've got here.."
The black cat says in it's eldritch feline voice, staring at him with its glowing yellow eyes.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134443
134447
>>134437
What does +1 armor do?
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134444
134446
1298787634570.jpg

Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134445
134450
Also I want the new banded mail to look exactly like my current suit since my armor is uniquely customized
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134446
>>134444
Oh my god you got quads
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134447
134449
>>134443
It means +1 more AC than your normal banded mail, and a chance to sell your old suit.
Whiskers
e87ecff
?
No.134448
134451
>>134441
>>134442
Whiskers tilts his head.
"Maybe you got some ice area of effect attack instead?"

Whiskers' ears spike at hearing his native tongue being spoken, turning to the other cat.
>"Salutations, fellow feline. It is nice to see a familiar face."
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134449
>>134447
That sounds awesome but does it have decorations engraved in it, as well as two chambers to hold everburning torches?
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134450
134452
>>134445
The Dwarf offers to resize and refinish the new suit free of charge, provided that you give him the old suit.
"It'd only take me a few hours. Come and get it in the morning."
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134451
134455
>>134448
"Hailstones. Same price as the fireball, if you can pay up front." The wizard says
>familiar face
>haha le funny jester joek
>"Purrrrr, greetings, stranger."
The familiar replies, gazing at him with its witch-like glare
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134452
134453 134464
>>134450
Brolaz accepts and hands over his current suit of banded mail.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134453
134454
>>134452
"Alright, come back in the morning." The dwarf says, as begins to hack the trinkets off of the old suit.
>>134436
You arrive at a circle in the woods, not far from town. A man in a white robe prays before an engraved stone.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134454
134456
>>134453
"Greetings" I dismount Misty and greet him.
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134455
134456
>>134451
Completely intended.
Meow agrees to it, remembering those scary hellhounds that shot fire with their mouths, giving him chills and fishing the necessary money for it.

Being honest to himself, the cat's rather unnatural gaze was a bit unsettling, but her feline shape and knowledge on the language puts him at ease.
>"Is there something you seek from me?"
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134456
134457 134458
>>134454
The half-elf does not respond immediately, as he is busy in prayer.
The turns to see Chad upon his magestic white horse, a mix of awe, confusion, and brief anger cross his face
"A Valenar! I never thought I'd ever see one in my life." He cries
His face grows dark briefly
"Who. Are. You?"
>>134455
The feline brushes against him unsolicited, completely violating his personal bubble.
>"Purrrrrrrrrr, nothing in particular. Just curious, you know. i haven't seen very many of your kind around these parts..."
The witch-cat replies
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134457
134460
>>134456
Whiskers' eyes narrow slightly at the brushing, a mix between puzzlement and suspicion.
>"You seem to be eager to know more from what I'm sensing."
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134458
134460
>>134456
"I am Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist, a druid from the mountains of my motherland."
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134459
134460
"I come here seeking wisdom and knowledge, do you know anything of the witch-wood?"
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134460
134461 134463
>>134457
The witch-cat seems nonchalant, casually molesting him for a few more minutes before she hops up onto a bookshelf.
>"Purrrrrrrrr... Just curious. I prefer to size-up all the cats in my territory. You're special, it seems... At first i thought you were another one of those.."
It says, hissing at the end
>>134458
Hmmmph. A mountain druid you say? And what of this lovely lady?" He gestures at Misty, who snorts in greeting
>>134459
"I'm Avarthel, brother of the Keepers of Eth. The Witchwood is our territory..." He grumbles.
"Or at least it was, until those savages came along..."
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134461
134462
>>134460
That last bit sparked the tibbit kitty's natural curiosity, ear flickering to reflect this.
>"Another one of those?"
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134462
134465
>>134461
The witch-cat glares down at him, with her golden eyes
>"Another one of those pestilent sprites!"
She hisses
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134463
134466
>>134460
"She is great and she is 8 years old, i couldn't ask for a better companion" He says after having dismounted and he scratches her neck while speaking to him.
"Do you mind telling what went down in witch-wood?"
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134464
134487
David-Barton-Limelight-2.jpg
>>134452
You arrive at what looks like a normal church of Pelor. The afternoon light shines through the stained glass windows into the main hall.
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134465
134466
>>134462
By this point, Whiskers was hooked on this intriguing aspect, pupils lightly widening.
>"What did they do?"
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134466
134467 134468
>>134463
"I'm sure you wouldn't..." The half-elf mumbles, looking at the horse, failing to hide his jealousy
"Hobgoblins have swarmed the place. We used to gather once a week; now we're lucky if we can perform our rites once a month." The Druid mumbles.
"What's worse, they've bean slashing and burning even the tallest, strongest, oldest trees in the wood. Those wolves are up to something. They're preparing for war..."
>>134465
The witch-cat arches her back
>"Grrrrrr... Not three weeks ago did that thot move into my territory. She's made this side of the town her own, being doted on by travelers and alley cats alike. I'd have half a heart to know her down a peg if my master hadn't forbidden it."
The cat is visibly angry
"Now, now, Mittens. What did I tell you about fighting with other pets?" The Wizard chides
"Don't mind my familiar. She can be strange at times.." The wizard says, seemingly oblivious to the conversation.
"How's this, I'll throw in the potions of Invisibility and Cat's Grace on the house. not like I'm using them for anything...."
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134467
134469
>>134466
(Cat thot, huh,) Whiskers thought to himself, intrigued yet understanding the eldritch feline didn't know much else.

Glancing over at the wizard, he nods. "I'll gladly accept them. I need anything I can get in order to stop the threat."
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134468
134470
>>134466
"Hmm, i wonder what you could possibly be referring to" as he begins to move his fingers through Misty's mane with a grin.
"How long has been like this for?"
"Do they have a base built in there?"
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134469
134471
>>134467
"Good luck with your travels, Sir Whiskers...?" The Wizard says, a hint of confusion in his voice near the end.

"... Those familiars get weirder every year... Just what are they summoning at the academies these days?" You hear him mumble as you go
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134470
134472
>>134468
"They've been swarming for the past few weeks. But the really violent attacks haven't started until the last week." He says
"I haven't been on that side of the Forrest in the past month.. Soranna has kept me here brewing potions for her troops.." he mumbles something unintellible
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134471
>>134469
With a departing nod, Whiskers exit the scene.

(Now that I got something that can technically go against a sizable army of minions, I should see if I can find any exceptional individuals in that camp I should be extra wary about before evening comes and I go to the Inn to meet my dear friend.)
With that being said, Whiskers asks around for any witnesses of the more recent raids that have witnessed such powerful and unique individuals like that goblin leader.
[1d20+12 = 28]<Gather Information Roll
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134472
134473
>>134470
"What other things have they done? How much of the woods have they stole and how much have they burned?" His face changes to a concerned one.
"Do you know any other druids that live here?"
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134473
134474
>>134472
"I can't really say for sure. I've had to stay on this side of the forest with my initiates."
>other Druids
His face goes dark
"Beware of the southwest reaches, for that way is in the path of the Ghost Lord. Tread not in his path, or you'll surely be doomed." he says
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134474
134475
>>134473
"Understood, is there any potions that you are willing to sell?"
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134475
134476
>>134474
The Druid opens is coat
"... Barkskin, Cure Light wounds, Lesser restoration,
and Neutralize Poison... i can brew potions of third level or lower, but it will take me at least a day." He replies
"50 gold for the healing potion. 750 for the antidote. 300 for any of the others."
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134476
134478
>>134475
Misty raises her ears towards the half-elf.
"What potions can you brew?"
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134477
134478
How much gold do i have?
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134478
134479
>>134477

I don't think you've decided how to split the gold you've collected so far
Your assets are on your character sheet.
>>134476
"Druid spells. Same as you." He says
He eyes Misty
"I'll tell you what, since you're on your way to the Witcheood, I'll give you the healing potion for free if you let me let that Valenar of yours, if only for a minute." He says, holding out the red potion
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134479
134480
>>134478
Yeah we should probably do that.
"I will take the single lesser restoration, my good man."
He turns to Misty to see her response and she makes a grunt.
"She is up for spending the night with you, take good care of her and i will be back here at the morning twilight."
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134480
134482
>>134479
The Old Druid's ears perk up
"For that, you can have them both." he says, tossing Chad both vials
He whistles towards the woods, and four children, two human and two half elf, come running out, carrying baskets of flowers
"My initiates and I will take good care of her tonight, much better than those dusty old stables down at Delora’s." He says gleefully
"We'll have her back to you in the morning. Take care now." He says, chiding over the children who've already blanketed misty in floral wreaths
She seems to be appreciating the attention.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134481
134482
He gives Misty a goodbye by scratching at the beginning of her tail before saying goodbye to the half-elf.
"Have a good night you two" as he walks away waving and laughing.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134482
>>134481
>>134480
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134483
134484 134486
And with that, I think I'm going to end it for tonight. I'll revisit Bro and Whiskers's plot points either in the server or on Friday.
Next session we'll begin day two, and the real adventure will begin.

Until next time guys. I had fun thus weekend.
Feel free to leave any questions or comments in the original thread.
Chaddy Daddy of the Pussy Kissed Mist
a897a3c
?
No.134484
134485 134486
>>134483
Thank you for hosting this, all of that preparation has sort of payed off. I enjoyed it.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134485
>>134484
That's nice to hear.
Anonymous
e87ecff
?
No.134486
>>134483
>>134484
Same.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134487
134488
>>134464
I look for the dude to give my money to
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134488
134489
>>134487
I'll finish your saga during the week or on Friday. Then you can learn all about Lifting For Pelor.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134489
>>134488
lol ok
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134491
134492
I will make note that the dwarf did offer to buy back those shortswords for 600 gold each.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134492
134493
>>134491
>one sword for 600gp
Christ on a bike that is a ridiculous amount
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134493
>>134492
They're both +1 magic weapons.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134506
I'm going to need you guys to sort out what you're buying, what you're selling, what you gained, and who's carrying what before the start of the next session.

So far nobody has taken the initiative to keep track of inventory. Y'all need to communicate.

I'll give you all the time between sessions to strategize.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134507
Screenshot (65).png
So far I got:

Loot from the Marauder encounter:
>Two +1 Shortswords
>A Heavy Mace of masterwork quality
>A set of +1 Banded Mail
>pouch with 355 gp
>a dozen longswords (SOLD)

Sales:
>Captain Soranna offered you 500 gold for the longswords, which you agreed to.

Purchases:
>Whiskers wanted to spend 375 gp on an arcane scroll of Fireball from , and paid another 375 up front for am arcane scroll of Hailstones

Barters:
>Morlin Coalhewer, the town smith, accepted Brozal's old set of banded mail as payment to refinish his new +1 Suit
>Avarthel and the Old Ones (or should I say the Young Ones) are gladly tending to Mistly for the night, providing the equivalent of quality stabling. Apparently the young half-elf considers time with the Valenar to be its own payment.

Gifts:
>You procured some "free" potions, Speaker Norro Wiston having put in a good word for you around town (I probably should have made y'all work harder for that; don't expect any more free shit without good Dimplomacy checks and proper roleplay). You got potions of Invisibility and Cat's Grace from Sertieren the Wise; and Barkskin, Lesser Restoration and Cure Light Wounds from Avarthel.
>Wiston also offered you each a night at the Told Bridge Inn

Offers/intentions:
>I made it clear that there are indeed mounts available for purchase in the town. Not to spoil it, but you will all absolutely want horses on this adventure
>Morlin Coalhewer has offered to buy either/both of those +1 shortswords for 600 gold each. He seems to be one of the wealthier men in town
>inb4 (((dwarves)))
>Brozal intended to make a large donation to the local temple of Pelor. I still need him to specify how much of the party's loot he took, how much of the purchases got paid for. He can donate as much as he pleases, but the party needs to agree what cut of the gold is his.

This is the only time I'm going to sort it out for you. From now on, you're going to need to come up with inventory posts and declare how you're sharing equipment as you put it on your sheets. If things haven't been communicated to me clearly and/or they're not on the sheets, I'm going to consider inventory gains omitted.
Remember, although I didn't do the one-shot, you're all assumed to have entered this game having already known eachother, and your common goal so far has been to find the hidden treasure in Vraath Keep in the Witchwood. You now have an additional goal centered around stopping/investigating the hobgoblins rallying in the Witchwood, requisitioned by Norro Wiston and Captain Soranna.

As for game-time, you've only got a couple hours of daylight left in day one. I'll do Brozal and Whiskers's cinematic RP when I have the time.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134508
134509
Pelor.jpg
And for the record, I will consider Brozal's donations as tithes for his church. The Shining Light of Pelor also has its own decorations for charity, since I'm using The Complete Champion, so don't think I'm not counting your donations.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134509
>>134508
It's all of the GP Brozal was paid. A.k.a. 500 GP.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134510
Who's keeping the shortswords?
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134517
134518 134530
Pic is me getting into character as I realize I might have to roleplay every cat in the setting.

Brozal, Whiskers, I'd like to do your things today, so we can start the next session at the beginning of day 2.

I would like to begin early in the morning on Saturday. I cannot afford to play all of Sunday like last week.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134518
Spoilered
>>134517
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134519
Chad, I'm assuming you'll have retired to the Inn.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134521
134530
Chad, what do you have in your inventory?
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134522
134523
Okay, the local Shrine Of Pelor is a humble building: A small temple of the same fieldstone-and-wood construction used by many other buildings in the town.

Brozal trudges along the path towards the temple unarmored, having dropped off his armor for refinishing at Morlin’s Smithy. He carries a sack of coins and two gem-encrusted Wakizashi by his side.

The temple just 50 ft or so from one of the Town Watchposts, and the Watchmen glare at you as you pass. They chatter to eachother in voices to hushed and far for Brozal to hear in-character, but I feel like posting anyway.
>"An Orc slipped past! Sound the alarm!"
>"No, wait, I the courier just said one's been commissioned by captain Soranna."
>"She commissioned an Orc? Are we really that desperate?"
>"Shhh, he's coming. Stand watch in case he tries anything."
>"I've got my eyes on that bastard..."
>*loads crossbow*
Despite this,
I totally didn't mean to do a more difficult confrontation when you were entering the town for the first time... I absolutely didn't omit that that part because I was exhausted from DMing combat all day...

Brozal enters the temple without being shot. It's quite a lovely place, though not ornate in any particular way. The windows shine the last of the evening light into the room.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134523
134524
>>134522
I look for the treasurer
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134524
The Temple is mostly empty, there are a few scrolls on the walls depicting figures of knights on horses with lances or armored warriors smashing skeletons with maces, in glory to the god of strength.
It appears as though Brother Derny has been trying to motivate the local guards between preaching.
>>134523
You hear a feminine gasp come from around the corner as you turn.
"Halt, who goes there!" A deep (and loud) masculine voice, calls out, followed by a loud clang
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134525
134526 134529
"Brozal the Fire Bringer. I have come to donate gold."
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134526
134527 134528
Brozal rounds the corner and sees a stout old man, albeit a very muscular one, kneeling on one foot as he tries to get up off of a stool. Laying beside him appears to be what looks an enormous iron mace: the sound of the clanking. Two nuns, dressed in white robes, stand beside him, whispering fearfully in a language that Brozal cannot understand.
>>134525
The old Priest looks up across the temple at the Orc, the getting up as he does so. His expression appears fierce until he hears the name.
"... Brozal. Hmmph, I was told you'd come here. I take it your temple sent you here?" He replies.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134527
>>134526
>the sound of the clanking
*the source of the clanging
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134528
134529
>>134526
"Yes."
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134529
134535
The old man appears to have been sweating, but quickly fixes himself up, straightening his robes, puffing out his broad chest and brandishing his holy symbol. He speaks deeply, but eloquently.
The nuns continue their whispers, but a wave of the hand silences them both.
>>134525
"Very well, charity is always appreciated here, especially in these troubled times." he says, perking up
>>134528
"And what would be your mission, brother? I take it you didn't travel all this way to appreciate the scenery."
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134530
134531 134532
>>134517
What time at?
>>134521
A bunch of weapons, a bedroll and a water flask or whatever.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134531
>>134530
I'd like to start at maybe 8:30-9:00-ish, EST. The earlier we start, the more we'll be able to cover. I was hoping to get through at least four encounters per adventuring day (not necessarily combat), and at least one adventuring day per session.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134532
134533
>>134530
For your starting equipment I gave you a +2 Periapt of Wisdom and two Wilding claps.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134533
>>134532
*Wilding Clasps
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134534
All three of those are leagues above what should be your item level... but they're within your WBL and should carry you for the adventure.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134535
134536
>>134529
"I am here to kill goblins." Brozal then dumps 427 GP onto the table.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134536
>>134535
"Two kill goblins, you say?" The buff old man says, as he looks through the bag and pauses at fancy swords
"That's quite the odd mission to travel all this way for, but I can't say it isn't appreciated. Those savages have been wreaking havoc on all over lately. Merchants, farmers, woodsmen, and fisherman alike have been taken by those hordes. They've getting fiercer
and bolder every day; I can only imagine what's stirred them. They've been raiding these parts for centuries, but never this boldly, never in these numbers."
"The town guard are all but demoralized, and the townsfolk can't take much more of it..." He says, his weariness obvious, and not just from the oversized mace he was swinging earlier
"Word of you and your odd friends travelled here before you did. My alcyotes were even gossipping about a talking cat. Tell me, what did Wiston put you up to?"
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134537
>two
*To kill goblins
So many brainfarts today...
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134538
134539
"To kill goblins."
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134539
134540
>>134538
The human blinks twice
"... Very well then. Good luck with that." He says
"If you are ever in need of healing, our doors are always open." he continues, handing the sack to one of the nuns
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134540
134541
>>134539
"I am in need of healing."
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134541
134542
>>134540
The Cleric looks Brozal up and down, noticing the unarmored Orc's wounds.
"... Indeed you are. I'm surprised you're even standing with wounds like that."
He mutters something in an unknown language, brandishes his focus, reaches out towards your chest and taps you. A brief flash of white light erupts from his fingertips, and you feel your wounds close entirely.

Brozal is now just a couple points below full HP.

"Consider it thanks for your generosity towards our temple. Get some rest and you'll be ready for business in time for prayers (morning, for Pelorites)."
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134542
134543
>>134541
Brozal will go sleep on the ground.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134543
134544
>>134542
Preferably outside the temple
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134544
134545
>>134543
The old man looks annoyed.
"If you're going to meditate, do it in the courtyard out back." He calls out

"Ascetics.. always going the extra mile..." he mutters under his breath
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134545
>>134544
Brozal sleeps in the courtyard.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134547
134548 134558
We can start whenever everyone is ready and responsive.

Whiskers elected to meet his cohort on the discord server (in part, since I wasn't exactly sure
Although interactions outside the thread are normally considered to be decanonized, I consider Whiskers meeting Princess Bagel to be "off-screen", occurring at night when the other PCs slept.
I still expect him to introduce Bagel properly in-character when he gets the chance, since he now all but controls the NPC. I have shown him Bagel's sheet and will upgrade/modify it as I see fit.
He may also rebuild his character to swap out the feats he requested earlier. Since he has elected not to attempt to attract followers at this point, no additional cats will follow him, but he may attempt to attract more at a later date.

END OF DAY ONE

______________________________________

DAY TWO BEGINNING

Chad would return to the grove of the Old Ones before dawn. I've taken the liberty of designating his spell prep ritual to occur at sunrise, since Ehlonna Epona is a sun goddess; if Chad's player would rather designate his daily prayer/meditation at another time, he may . He would traverse the woods without penalty, and find Misty sitting at the center of the stone ring covered in a blanket of flowers, with four children small sleeping peacefully beside her. He appears to be well-fed and rested, although perhaps a tad bit spoiled.
Avarthel, Keeper of Eth, the young half-elf Druid, is laying stones in a prayer ring and lighting some sort of incense. He smiles as Chad arrives, and invites him to join him for prayers.
At this point, Chad would spend an hour in meditation and prayer as the sun rises, and and his heart is refreshed with a new allottment of spells. As a vancian divine spellcaster, Chad may prepare any of the hundreds of spells on the Druid spell list that he is capable of casting, and I expect him to post his spell list as soon as he is ready. If he would prefer to instead roll with the selection of spells that I picked for him yesterday, that is fine as well. I will remind Chad's player that as a Druid, he is free to experiment with seemingly-useless or situational spells, since any of the spells he prepares can be spontaneously channeled into the ever-useful Summon Nature's Ally spell; complimented by his Ashbound and Augment Summoning feats.

Sir Brozal has squatted in the courtyard like a hobo accepted the accepted the hospitality of the temple of Pelor, he too instinctively awakens before sunrise (the light stinging him from his light sensitivity), and is offered to pray with Brother Derny and his two lovely acolytes.
Because I'm feeling Gygaxian, I'm going to make him roll a Fortitude save to see how sleeping on the ground without a bedroll effected him.
He would return to Morlin's Smithy shortly after to pick up his armor. Morlin has made good on his promise to refinish his looted armor, the banded mail now en-blazoned with symbols of the Dawnfather, with retina-burning continual flames lining the shoulders.

Whiskers would wake up in the room reserved for the party, and would dutifully go to the House of Sertieren the Wise. The old halfling answers the door groggily, having worked through the night scribing the requested scroll of Hailstones. He gives it to you with a yawn and mumbles something along the lines of "Tell your master I wish him good luck" before hobbling off to bed, evidently still mistaking Whiskers to be some strange familiar.
Mittens, the Witch-cat, glares at you as you leave, her golden eyes shining bright in the morning light.
Since Sharress is also a goddess of sunrise, I would assume that Whiskers prayers, should he choose to spend the time, would be completed at around the same time everyone else's would.

And none of y'all remembered to buy horses...

The party would meet at the Inn, early in the morning.
Anyone present may participate in dialogue as they wait for the other members to arrive.
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134548
134549
>>134547
I'm here.
I will continue to use the list you made for me.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134549
>>134548
Great.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134550
I am here
Anonymous
bfd7c80
?
No.134552
Alright. I'm here, too.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134553
134555 134556
Okay, let me check the maps for travel time... Brozal's waking speed in banded mail is 20 ft...

Did the party decide which way they were going first?
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134554
134557 134558
Okay Brozal will begin the morning by begging for bread in the town square. This happens after he fetches his armor from the smith and thanks said smith for his service. Brozal gifts the smith ten candles since he has no money.
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134555
134556 134558
>>134553
I'm going to the grove.
Anonymous
bfd7c80
?
No.134556
>>134553
>>134555
Whiskers would start to do the morning ritual of waking up, recovering his spells before following Chad along.
Misty would feel the slightest bit heavier as the kittyies hopped on her, ready to set sail.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134557
>>134554
I was going to tip him with some gold but the candles will suffice.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134558
134560
>>134555
Trips checked.
I made note of that in >>134547 you would retrieve your horse around the same time that you prepare your spells.

Pardon the delay, I'm still figuring out the timeline of events...

The party moves as fast as its slowest member, which means you guys can travel about ~16 miles in one day, assuming you don't have any delays or obstacles. Dice roll says you travel along mostly farm fields with no immediate delay...

Now, if I recall correctly, you guys wanted to find Jorr before you explored the Witchwood?
>>134554
Brother Derny hands you a piece of bread and tells you not to make a scene. He then pats you on the back and sends you on your way.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134559
134560 134562
I need to know if you guys are looking for Jorr.
Anonymous
bfd7c80
?
No.134560
134563
>>134558
>>134559
iirc, Jorr's the druid, so yes.
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134562
>>134559
Yes.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134563
134568
>>134560
Jorr is a woodsman who knows the area.

Now, captain Soranna said this:
>If you take the Witch Trail, go left at the first big trail crossing; Jorr’s cabin is about seven miles in. Or, if you’re on the Dawn Way, take a right on a trail about nine miles from the forest edge. Jorr’s cabin is near the Blackwater.
You can either travel through the Witch Trail through the forest, or partly along the road of the Dawn Way.
Which way do you go?

I'm assuming you guys leave some time around 8-ish.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134564
134566
Can we make room for misadventures?
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134565
134568
Both paths would lead you through the Witchwood.
The Witch Trail is a track that leads through the heart of the Witchwood. The Dawn Way is a road commonly taken by merchants, surrounded by forest on either side.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134566
134572
>>134564
Define "make room".
I don't normally plan for misadventures, but I expect them to happen.
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134568
134569
>>134563
>>134565
Dawn Gay.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134569
134570 134571
>>134568
Is that a yes or no on the Dawn way?
Anonymous
bfd7c80
?
No.134570
>>134569
Dawn way's alright.
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134571
>>134569
Yep.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134572
>>134566
That's fine
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134573
134574
Alright, you guys play it safe and go the Dawn Way.

A handful of old woodcutters’ and trappers’ cabins or long-abandoned homesteads lie scattered along the length of the road, about one every 2 or 3 miles. The road crosses several creeks and boggy spots on sturdy dwarf-made stone bridges that have stood for centuries.

At the party's speed...

Oh wait, I forgot Brozal still has to make that fortitude save.
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134574
134576 134578
>>134573
Do we encounter anything?
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134575
134578
Rolled a 17 on my fort save
Anonymous
bfd7c80
?
No.134576
134577
>>134574
We did choose the safe way
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134577
>>134576
Alright.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134578
134579
Okay, the Dawn Way is easy terrain that goes on for about 9-10 miles
>>134574
I'm still figuring that out.
>>134575
Okay, you avoid fatigue from resting on the ground without a bedroll.

Now that I've got the party's speed figured out... You spend a considerable portion of the day travelling.
You travel along the Dawn way for ~10 miles, which takes you about 5 hours, then you turn onto the rugged trail by the blackwater, which takes you another 5 hours. I'm assuming you left at 8, so you the next scene occurs some time near the evening/late-afternoon.
Anonymous
bfd7c80
?
No.134579
>>134578
Fair enuff
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134580
134583
About 5:00 - Day 2

The trail leads past a small cabin in a deep forest glade. A ramshackle front porch is littered with fishing baskets and skinning frames. The cabin overlooks a dark bayou or lake, with old gray cedar-trees draped in moss rising out of the water. An old skiff is tied up on the shore nearby, and a little smoke curls from the fieldstone chimney.

What was your marching order again?
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134581
134582 134583
Fuck it.

Whiskers, roll a Spot check.
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134582
134584
>>134581
Oh shit.
Is it time?
Anonymous
bfd7c80
?
No.134583
134584
>>134580
Whiskers on Misty, in the middle between Brozal and Chad.
Chad's at the back, Brozal at the front.
>>134581
[1d20+5 = 12]<Spot Check
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134584
134587 134588
>>134582
We'll see.
>>134583
Bagel's fur stands on end as she sees several dogs laying below the porch.
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134587
>>134584
What now?
Anonymous
bfd7c80
?
No.134588
134589
>>134584
[1d20+2 = 6]<Balance Check for horse riding

Bagel quickly pokes Whiskers, pointing at the thing 60ft ahead of the party.
Whiskers' hair stands on end, ready to jump into action the moment something happens.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134589
134591
Okay, I've been reminded that Brozal is in the front of the party. He rolled a -4 on spot.
Misty halts 60 ft away from the cabin, Brozal marches forward blindly until 3 large dogs charge forward, baying furiously. They stop just 10 ft short of you.

>>134588
You slide off Misty's butt and land beside her.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134590
134591 134595
Brozal takes the total total defense action.

How does anyone else respond?
Anonymous
bfd7c80
?
No.134591
134592
>>134590
>>134589
Whiskers' back arches before hissing at the dog trio, doing his classic 'shoo dog' move.
[1d20+8 = 28]<Intimidate Check
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134592
>>134591
Okay, you were demoralizing them, so all three dogs are sent cowering before the snarling kitty, due to Imperious Command.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134593
134594 134595
I want want everyone to roll intitative.
Anonymous
bfd7c80
?
No.134594
>>134593
Rolled 11
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134595
134596
>>134590
I cast Calm Animals on the dogs
>>134593
What's the dice roll for that?
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134596
134597
To Chad, and chad alone, the dogs are intelligible, due to his class feature.
>"Intruders! Bork bork!"
Then the cat hisses at them
>"AhhHH!" *whimpering sounds*

Brozal takes 14 damage as an arrow flies at him through a shuttered window on the cabin.

I will post the next part in just a few minutes. Family has been distracting me.
>>134595
For you, 1d20-2
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134597
134598
>>134596
[1d20-2 = 5]
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134598
>>134597
I knew it.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134599
Okay, to set the scene, the three of you have arrived at what appears to be Jorr's cabin. Three dogs were barking at you, but are now cowering, potentially hostile in the following round. someone from the cabin just shot at Brozal.

It is Brozal's turn. What do you do?
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134600
134602
Rolled 23 on diplomacy
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134601
134602
"We're not here to hurt you. We're just on our way."
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134602
>>134600
>>134601
Okay. Tht's sorted out.
sorry Chad, been trying to speed things out with voicechat.

A whistle sounds from the cabin, and the dogs scurry back towards the porch, growling at the party.

The cabin’s door opens, and a lean human woodsman of indeterminate age steps onto the porch. He has a seamed, leathery look to his face and arms, and a big curved knife sits in a sheath strapped to one thigh. “Don’t get many visitors out here,” he rasps. “Who’re you, and what d’ya want with me?”
He has his longbow drawn, knocking another arrow.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134603
134604
"Brozal the Fire Bringer."
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134604
134606
>>134603
He looks at you, squinting at your face beyond the torchlight and the halo.
He lowers his bow
"What be your business, Orc?"
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134605
134607
“Kill goblins.”
Anonymous
bfd7c80
?
No.134606
134607
>>134604
The kitty struts towards the from the middle, revealing himself to the woodsman with arched back at he stares at the dogs, still quite freaked.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134607
134609 134610
>>134605
He cocks an eyebrow at the word 'goblins'
“Goblins! I just can’t stand ’em! Wood’s rotten with ’em
right now. All right, I’m your man.”
>>134606
The dogs growl at you.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134608
Any of you can roll Sense Motive to assess this guy's attitude
Anonymous
bfd7c80
?
No.134609
>>134607
[1d20-1 = 2]<Sense Motive just for kicks

Whiskers' back arches further, hissing at the dogs further to cement his dominance towards them.
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134610
134611
>>134607
"Do you know of any Goblin camps around here?"
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134611
134612 134613
Initiative has ended, combat effectively paused, as the woodsman doesn't appear aggressive.
>>134610
“I seen worg riders and troublemakers all over, especially along Dawn Way.”
Anonymous
bfd7c80
?
No.134612
134614
>>134611
The mention makes Whiskers stop his hissy fit, turning towards the woodsman. "So you've tussled with those green humans?" he proceeds to ask.
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134613
134614
>>134611
"How many?"
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134614
134615 134616
>>134613
The woodsman continues, scratching his head.
"They live up yonder in the Wyrmsmokes, but seems like we got a big war party in the forest. Maybe they come down the Old Forest Road, or might be they came by the Skull Gorge. My money’s on the Skull Gorge. I can't say for sure how many, but there's been too many.

Brozal pushes the cats to the front to do the talking
>>134612
"Greens, reds, blues, browns. You name it."
Anonymous
bfd7c80
?
No.134615
134617
>>134614
"What sort of defenses do they have?" Whiskers asks, awed by the heroics this man proudly displays
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134616
134617
>>134614
"A big war party of goblins?"
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134617
134618 134620
>>134615
"I can't say for sure. They've got camps scattered all over these parts." He says, oddly not at all perplexed by the talking cat
>>134616
"Ah' reckon that's what they've been up to."
Anonymous
bfd7c80
?
No.134618
134619
>>134617
"Well, you seem to got a good eye, knowledge on the area and the capacity and will to fight," the kitty continues "and you want those goblins out, correct?"
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134619
134621
>>134618
"I've been wagin' a one-man-war on those red bastards for years now." The woodsman says proudly.
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134620
>>134617
"We would be willing to get rid of a couple of those camps for you, do you know exactly where they are?"
Anonymous
bfd7c80
?
No.134621
134622
>>134619
"How about we strike them down for good together?" Whiskers offers with a sly cat smile "We're a bunch of cool adventures trying to make this area a better place."
(And easier to search through, but that's minor details), he thought to himself
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134622
134623 134626
>>134621
The woodsman slings his bow over his shoulder.
“All righty. I want 5 gold a day, or 10 if you’ve got a mind to go off someplace dangerous.”
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134623
134624 134625
>>134622
Can i roll a persuasion check or something? And what would the dice roll for that be?
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134624
134630
>>134623
Go ahead and roll.
You might want to mention where you're going first though (it's in the OP).
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134625
134630
>>134623
Roll your Diplomacy mod. It's 1d20+1 for you.
In the future, I want you to keep better track of your skill modifiers.
Anonymous
bfd7c80
?
No.134626
134627
>>134622
Whiskers puffs up his feline chest. "We're mainly going for Vraath Keep, but we figure we should take down these goblins along the way because these goblins are not cool at all. Not even the blue ones."
He glances up at Brozal. "Save for him, they are pretty cold."
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134627
134628
>>134626
He cocks an eyebrow
"Vraath keep, you say? I recon ye' already know where that is?"
Anonymous
bfd7c80
?
No.134628
134629
>>134627
"...no," Whiskers lets out as he licks his little cat nose.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134629
134630 134631
>>134628
The woodsman lets out a sigh
"Go west on out to the big road; keep’s maybe eight miles north of there. Wouldn’t surprise me if some of the goblins are holed up there. Just the sort of thing damn goblins would do..."
"I'll guide you there myself, if y'all will pay."
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134630
134632
>>134624
>>134625
>>134629
[1d20+1 = 20]
"How about 7 gold? And you can have a 14% share on the spoils of war"
Anonymous
bfd7c80
?
No.134631
134632
>>134629
"We could say by killing off the goblins, your woodsman activities will be easier to do," Whiskers presents with a mewl "so that's quite a pay, right?"
[1d20+23 = 38]<Diplomancy Roll
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134632
134633 134634
>>134630
>>134631
"9 gold a day, if y'all want to go to the keep."
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134633
134635
>>134632
"Okay then, we will follow you as you lead the way."
Anonymous
bfd7c80
?
No.134634
>>134632
Whiskers harrumphs dramatically before looking up at the woodsman with an extended paw, expecting the usual human handshake. "Fine," he mutters "but you better take good care of the shinies while we're travelling."
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134635
134636
>>134633
"Alright. Feel free to camp. We'll leave in the morning."
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134636
134637
>>134635
"Hmm, in the meantime can you help us clear out a couple of goblin camps that are close by?"
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134637
134638 134641
The woodsman retires to his cabin.
>>134636
"In the mornin'. It's late, nd you don't wanna fight those goblins at night."

The party is free to make camp. Once you're all settled, we'll begin day 3.
... You did pack camping equipment, right?
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134638
134639
>>134637
"I totally knew that."
I have a bedroll.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134639
134640
>>134638
Roll Survival.
1d20+13
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134640
134642
>>134639
[1d20+13 = 27]
Anonymous
bfd7c80
?
No.134641
134642
>>134637
Whiskers prances up to the woodsman, looking up at him with beady eyes. "Surely you don't mind if I sleep inside your gracious for this night, right?"
[1d20+23 = 25]<Diplo check
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134642
134643
>>134640
Ah, you're able to make ample camp for yourself and the party.

Since I picked your starting equipment, I probably should have added a standard adventurers pack, which includes a tent.
>>134641
The woodsman allows you to sleep on his gracious porch.

END OF DAY TWO
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134643
>>134642
Are we ambushed in the night?
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134644
134646
According to the dice, nothing comes to chew your faces off in your sleep during the night
You go to bed early, hoping to beat the morning light. I'll say you get up around 6:00
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134645
134646 134647
Alright, getting up early saves you some time to travel.
Were you all looking to progress towards Blackwater?

Oh yeah, everyone gets 225 Ad hoc XP for contracting Jorr.
Anonymous
bfd7c80
?
No.134646
>>134644
>>134645
Whiskers wakes up in seemingly thin air on Bagel, yawning softly. He soon practices his cat rituals before awaiting at the porch.
He'd definitely push for anything that could eliminate the threat on his livelihood in the area first before setting forth to his main objective, so if that is the way to end the green menance, he'll go there.
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134647
134648 134657
>>134645
Is there anything else we can do before heading towards Blackwater?
Maybe clear a few goblin camps.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134648
134652
Alright, you travel miles back towards the dawn road, and another 2 miles north towards Blackwater Causeway to cross the river. The trip takes you about five hours with Jorr leading you, and you arrive at the bridge at 11-ish.

A wide expanse of dark water has flooded the woodland in this low valley. Trees still protrude from the calm, dark waters here and there, but many large reaches seem to be little more than open pools of algae choked water. The trill of frogs and the whine of insects fills the air. The forest road leads right down to the edge of the flooded section, up to a rickety-looking causeway made of thick planks of wood lashed together with mossy rope. The wooden causeway runs for several hundred feet through the boggy patch, only a foot or so above the water.

>>134647
You don't know where the goblin camps are right now, but it can be assumed to be near Skull Gorge or Vraath Keep, or elsewhere in the Witchwood.

I'm was just checking your travelling speed. I didn't expect to do this timeline with Brozal travelling on foot..
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134649
134652 134654 134656
Up ahead you can make out the wreckage of a wagon, lying on its side and half-sunk in the flooded forest, about thirty feet from the causeway.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134650
I have it with Brozal marching first, holding up the line, followed by Misty, then Jorr and his dogs.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134651
134654
so, you guys just going to cross the bridge?
Anonymous
bfd7c80
?
No.134652
134657
>>134649
>>134648
Whiskers, being the curious kitty that he is, carefully trudges towards the wagon alongside the invisible cat.
He makes sure to check his surroundings at every step for any signs of danger.
[1d20+1 = 2]<Spot roll
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134653
134657
I’m going across the bridge.
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134654
134657
>>134649
>>134651
Currently working out how to do a spot check, wait a second and tell me if i did it right.
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134656
>>134649
[1d20+14 = 18] (spot)
Is it 14 OP?
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134657
134658 134661
Screenshot (68).png
>>134652
Ugh oh.
>>134653
I rolled your check.
>>134647
>>134654

Alright, due to splendid a splendid roll, you are all flat-footed this round as several enormous reptilian heads charge out of the water and snap at you.

Whiskers takes 8 Bludgeoning and Piercing Damage.
Brozal takes 21 as two serpents bite him
Chad takes 10
Misty takes 18 as two bite into her flank
Jorr is also bitten.

Chad needs to make a Ride check to stay on Misty. Roll 1d20+5

Everyone roll initiative. A massive multiheaded monster has charged out of the mire from beneath the wagon and attacked you as you cross the bridge.

Everyone roll initiative.
Anonymous
bfd7c80
?
No.134658
>>134657
[1d20+2 = 7]<Initiative
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134659
13 on init
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134660
Whups, Jorr wasn't actually bitten, now that i look at it.
"Blasted serpent! Lookout!" Jorr shouts out, unhelpfully.

I already know that Chad's initiatve is 19 or less.
The monster rolled 21, so it goes first this round while we wait for Chad.

So far it's:
Monster
Jorr
Brozal
Whiskers
Chad?
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134661
134664
>>134657
[1d20+5 = 22]
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134662
(ride check)
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134663
I was trying to figure out how the skill modifiers work.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134664
134665 134666
The monster moves closer to the bridge and snaps at Brozal, clanging off his armor. Another head snaps at him and deals 11 damage
>>134661
You manage to stay on your horse, but another head snaps at you and wounds you for 6 more damage.
Misty takes 13 damage, and you're going to need to make another check

I'm going to set your initiative right after Whiskers
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134665
>>134664
Ride check?
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134666
134667 134674
>>134664
[1d20+5 = 20]
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134667
>>134666
You keep stealing all these trips

Brozal's Furious counterstrike triggers.

Whiskers takes another 13 damage as a serpent bites him.

Jorr manages to be bitten before he can move.

Jorr takes a 5 foot step back, moves out of the monster's reach, and looses two arrows, that pierce into the hide of the monster.

Brozal's turn.
44eee0f
?
No.134668
Rolling
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134669
134670
Rolled 29
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134670
134671 134672
>>134669
I use revitalizing strike on the first serpent head
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134671
>>134670
11 damage healed 14
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134672
134676
>>134670
Okay, 11 damage to the enemy.

Whiskers is near the wagon on difficult terrain in the mud. One head is pointed towards him.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134673
134676
Whiskers turn.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134674
>>134666
Sorry, meant to say you avoid falling off your horse.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134675
Chad moves right after Whiskers.
Anonymous
bfd7c80
?
No.134676
134678
>>134673
>>134672
With a scared whimper and life flashing before his eyes, Whiskers quickly casts Glitterdust on the field, blinding every single combatant, both friend or foe.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134677
*dying orc noises*
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134678
134679 134680 134681
>>134676
Okay, It looks like everyone is going to have to roll a Will save.

I'll roll for Misty.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134679
134683
>>134678
I rolled a 12
Anonymous
bfd7c80
?
No.134680
>>134678
[1d20+7 = 21]<Drastic circumstances require drastic measures (Will Save)
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134681
134682 134683
>>134678
I don't see "Will" anywhere on the sheet.
What's the modifiers for it?
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134682
134684 134686
>>134681
Just roll your wisdom modifier+your level
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134683
134686
okay, most of the monsters heads appear to be blinded, although it's hard to tell because the monster lacks eyelids.
>>134679
Blind
>>134681
It's right below your ability scores.
You mod is +10

It's your turn btw
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134684
>>134682
Wisdom mod+4
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134685
The monsters heads writhe in pain, but seem to home in on it's targets nonetheless.
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134686
134687 134688 134691
>>134682
>>134683
[1d20+10 = 22]
Why is it 10 if my wisdom modifier is 4?
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134687
134689
>>134686
Druid has a will save of 4 at level 6
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134688
>>134686
Oh level okay i get it.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134689
>>134687
https://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/druid.htm
*will save of 5
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134690
You add your wisdom mod and your will save
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134691
134692
>>134686
It's your turn.
You are at 37 HP. Two massive serpentine heads are pointed towards you. Misty is visibly wounded.
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134692
134693 134694 134734
>>134691
I cast summon natures ally V and summon a orca whale.
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134693
134694
>>134692
Never mind i summon a fire griffon, i don't think it's the right conditions for the whale but i'm not sure.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134694
134695
>>134692
>>134693
You can't summon an orca at this level.
Or a griffon
You have up to lvl 3 spells to burn.
https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Summon_Nature%27s_Ally_Table

Check that list and pick a monster. If you command the monster to attack, I'll control if for you.
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134695
134696
>>134694
Is it the right environment for a water animal or no?
Which part of the bog are we in?
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134696
134698
Chad, I would need to tell you that casting a spell in melee range would provoke an attack of opportunity. You might also need to roll both Concentration and Ride to do it on the back of a wounded horse.

You can handle Misty as a free action. You could command her to move if you wish.
>>134695
You are on the bridge. A river is nearby, and the monster is standing in a shallow mire. You summon an aquatic monster in the river, and I'll let it attack the monster in the mire.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134697
Be aware that of the monster lands its AoO, you might lose your spell.

Chad, just do something. We're still on round one.
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134698
134699
>>134696
Misty moves backwards 7 feet.
I cast summon natures ally and (attempt) to summon a large shark.
[1d20+5 = 23](ride)
[1d20+12 = 16](concentration)
Is it 12?kek
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134699
134700
>>134698
The hydra bites you blindly and drops you to 29 HP.
You're going to have to roll concentration again to see if you retain the spell.

Remember, you can still command Misty to move as a free action.
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134700
134701
>>134699
Misty moves along the bridge this time by 12 feet
[1d20+12 = 19]
Do i need to do another ride check mister?
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134701
134702
>>134700
You barely manage to retain concentration despite the serpent's bite.
You already rolled Ride.

The shark is summoned into the river. Lets say its a brackish shark so that it can tolerate fresh water. It charges from the river and barely manages to sink its teeth into the serpent's flank (thank Eponna for Augment Summoning).
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134702
134713
>>134701
Beginners luck i guess.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134703
The shark manages to do a considerable bit of damage, so much damage that one of the heads threatening Brozal retreats to snap at it.

The serpent moves closer to the bridge and snaps at everyone (and I mean everyone), but Jorr, who has since moved out of the way. It's keen senses home in on the creatures its threatening.

One manages to strike the Blinded Brozal, dealing 5 damage.
Misty takes 4 damage from a bite. Forget the ride checks.
Another head grapples Whiskers. He's going to need to roll escape artist.
Even Bagel is damaged as a serpent bites her, now at half health.
Chad takes 7 more damage.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134704
"Darn serpent can smell ye'! Don't just stand there! Move!" Jorr cries out, as he looses two more arrows.

The arrows strike true, but the monsters wounds seem to be closing, the arrow heads being pushed out of its regenerating flesh. Te monster hisses in pain.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134705
134706
Btw, you can totally try to sunder these heads if you're packing a slashing weapon.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134706
>>134705
I use stone bones on the first hydra head
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134707
I rolled a 23. 15 damage to the hydra and 5 dr for me until my next round.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134708
Okay... it looks like Whiskers stepped out for lunch. I'll roll his escape artist check...
Okay, the monster rolled a 43. Looks like someone is being eaten pretty soon... Whiskers takes 9 more bludgeoning damage.

... It's Whisker's turn...
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134709
134710 134715
Gee, it looks like there's nothing Whiskers can do while grappled by this thing... He struggles weakly but cannot break the serpent's grip
I should have noted that Bagel is blinded and no longer invisible...
With no other options, she takes a 5 foot step back, and uses the retreat action, managing to roll 15 ft and succeeds on her balance ceck to avoid slipping.

Chad's turn.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134710
134711
>>134709
Rolled 52
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134711
>>134710
okay, you managed to strike through concealment.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134713
>>134702
Your turn
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134714
Just saying, this thing is going to kill Whiskers in a couple rounds if nobody stops it.
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134715
134716
>>134709
I cast plant growth.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134716
134718
>>134715
You know, it'd be a lot less risky if you moved out of melee range before attacking. The serpent's head is less than 5 feet away from you, and it can smell you.
The serpent bites and you take 12 damage. Roll concentration to see if you lose your spell or not.

You are at 9 HP. Virtually any attack from the serpent could kill you now.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134717
And yes, I've been rolling to see if this thing strikes through concealment. If it's within 5 feet of you, it can pinpoint your location.
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134718
134719
>>134716
[1d20+12 = 29]
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134719
134720
>>134718
You save heroically, managing to retain your spell.
The algea in the swarm triples in thickness, creating difficult terrain for the monster.

You had to give up a third level spell to summon that shark. Which did you give up?

Be warned, if you stay in melee range, you might die next round. You can handle Misty as a free action.
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134720
134721
>>134719
I lose sleet storm,
I move Misty 15 feet along the bridge.
Then i cast entangle after everyone else takes their turn.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134721
134722
The Shark crits and manages to deal a considerable amount of damage.
>>134720
Misty avoids AoO.
You do as well.
Do you want to move any further than that? she can move up to 90 ft.
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134722
134723 134724
>>134721
I move 69 feet along the bridge.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134723
>>134722
haha funny sex number
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134724
Okay, Whiskers drops to 8 HP as the serpent bites into him.
He also takes 5 nonlethal damage.

>>134722
Two heads follow misty as she leaves, but the blinded monster doesn't yet appear interested in attacking creatures beyond its reach.
As a result monster focuses fire on the rest of the party, the two spare heads snapping towards it's greatest source of pain: the shark:
The shark takes three more bites and vanishes.
Two heads miss Brozal.
One head hits and attempts to grapple. Roll an opposed grapple.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134725
134726
Jorr manages to critically wound the monster. It looks very, very wounded.
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134726
>>134725
I cast call lightning.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134727
I punch it for ten points of damage
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134728
Brozal manages top free himself just long enough to punch the monster with Mountain hammer.
The monster drops whiskers and appears to pass out momentarily.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134729
134730
The monster appears to still be writhing and its wounds are closing.

Whiskers turn. You are on difficult terrain.
Anonymous
bfd7c80
?
No.134730
134731
>>134729
Whiskers sucks in a massive amount of air as he gracefully falling on his paws, then start a coup de grace on the now dying beast that almost ended his existence.
[1d20+5 = 15]<Iaijutsu Focus
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134731
134732
>>134730
You manage to pierce through the serpents chest and pull its heart out, still beating.
The monster stops moving.

lol, you did exactly enough damage to kill it before it got up.
Anonymous
bfd7c80
?
No.134732
134735
>>134731
Breathing heavily through his nostrils, Whiskers stood in place, still reeling from the battle as he keeps chomping on the beast's heart mainly from how stressed he got during the battle.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134733
Alright. This wasn't meant to a hard fight, but it was anyway.
The encounter is over. Anyone still alive (everyone), can move freely.

Everyone gets 450 XP for this encounter.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134734
>>134692
Brozal dusts himself off and looks at the scene.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134735
134738
Alright. Before you lies a dead 6-headed hydra and what appears to be an old wagon.
>>134732
Jorr walks up to you and pulls you out of the mud.
Bagel peers down at you from the bridge.
Anonymous
44eee0f
?
No.134736
134737
Is it cool if I go?
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134737
134754
Everyone is at low HP. You should have healing equipment though.

Chad, you have that wand of lesser vigor. It heals 11 HP per use.
>>134736
That's fine.
Tbh, I'm disappointed at how slow this has been going... I kind of expected everyone to be in voicechat, and I'm not the fastest typer...
Anonymous
bfd7c80
?
No.134738
134739 134740
>>134735
Whiskers' still chewing on the hydra heart as the woodsman picked the cat up, still looking forward as after being pulled out of the mud, his tail was extremely poofy and whatever hair not weighted down by mud was spiked up.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134739
134742
We might have to end the session here... Brozal had to go and this went far slower than i wanted... We only got through half the adventuring day, but I need to go eat.

All of you can still dialogue for now. There's also that wagon, that the hydra turned over. Just say what you do and I'll respond.

If y'all are still available this evening, I ingested a truly regrettable amount of caffeine this morning, and will probably be up all night.

>>134738
The heart of the hydra
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134740
134742
>>134738
The heart of the hydra still beats as you chew into it.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134741
Jorr is wading through the mud without care, the grown plants seeming to bend out of his way as he moves with his dogs. He takes out his dagger and appears to be helping himself to a portion of the slain hydra's corpse.
Anonymous
bfd7c80
?
No.134742
>>134740
>>134739
The fact that it was still beating only makes the kitty chew on it further, fearing the possibility of the beast rising up again, be it irrational or not.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134743
134744
Chad, you're free to move as you please.
Feel free to dialogue in the thread. If you want to heal yourself or the party with your wand, go ahead.
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134744
134745
>>134743
I move back towards the group and begin healing them and Misty.
Anonymous
bfd7c80
?
No.134745
>>134744
The kitty isn't exactly paying attention to his wounds healing as he's in an extremely bad mood if his staring into the distance and now absent-minded chewing of the hydra's heart is any indication.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134746
134748
Okay, it would take about 5 charges to heal Brozal, 4 charges to heal Chad, 3 charges to heal Whiskers, and 2 charges to heal Misty.

Jorr refuses healing and takes a potion instead.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134747
134748
Chad's wand has 36 charges left.
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134748
>>134746
>>134747
That's fine
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134749
134752
I think that the ideal time for it is late in the afternoon, at the setting of the sun as most people are available at that time.
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134750
134752
(Starting a session)
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134751
134752 134753
I won't be able to play later as i have a date with destiny.
Anonymous
bfd7c80
?
No.134752
>>134749
>>134750
>>134751
Fair enuff
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134753
>>134751
That's fine.
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134754
134755
1559396564709.jpg
>>134737
>Tbh, I'm disappointed at how slow this has been going... I kind of expected everyone to be in voicechat, and I'm not the fastest typer...
Don't feel down anon, you taught a faggot how to suck dick better than before.
It was slow but at least i am learning, thanks for doing this.
I think it felt slow as if we were attacked by goblins it wouldn't have taken as long, anyways it doesn't matter i got to learn how to summon swamp Jaws
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134755
>>134754
I'll try harder.
Thing is timing is kind of important in this game. I can feel the slow gameplay killing the immersion...
I guess that's something I didn't account for that when I decided to run it PbP. I'll think of how to handle this...
Anonymous
a897a3c
?
No.134774
134775
When will we play again?
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134775
>>134774
I would have liked to play today, but I have a ton of homework due tonight that I had to work on all day.
I'd like to start either Friday or the weekend of next week. This time I'll try not to procrastinate on my meatspace responsibilities during the week so that I'll have time to focus on games this weekend.

Vraath Keep isn't that far ahead in the map, and Jorr would have told you it's only a couple days away. It's going to be the center focus of this part of the campaign, and the majority of encounters, treasure, and story developments will take place there. We'll be getting into the true meat of the adventure next session.
Anonymous
648ae9c
?
No.134888
I would like to play Friday if possible.
Anonymous
be3f602
?
No.134961
good christian anime.jpg
how yall mf look rn
Anonymous
be3f602
?
No.134962
Frozen Light with big fucking tiddies.jpg

Anonymous
be3f602
?
No.134963
Princess Luna ass and pussy creampied by Vistamage.png

Anonymous
be3f602
?
No.134964
2359125.png

Anonymous
be3f602
?
No.134965
gym20lyra205.png

Anonymous
be3f602
?
No.134966
Rarity anal by Fishmira.gif

Anonymous
be3f602
?
No.134967
134968
2349470.jpg