/vx/ - Videogames and Paranormal


Merry Christmas Everypony
If you want to see the latest posts from all boards in a convenient way please check out /overboard/
Note: JS is required to be able to post, but I am working on a system where that won't be needed.

Name
Email
Subject
By clicking New Reply, I acknowledge the existence of the Israeli nuclear arsenal.
Comment
0
Select File / Oekaki
File(s)
Password (For file and/or post deletion.)

Gas Attack.jpg
Occupied Equestria - Ride the Tiger
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131000
131002 131005
Occupied Equestria is an RP campaign set in a post-Equestria Equestria, where the princesses are gone, as are the Elements of Harmony. Gone, temporarily at least, but not by any means forgotten.

New players are welcome.

Fantasy Play has a few "kitties" to cuddle with
Brie has a Changeling Queen to negotiate with
Iron has some gangsters to beat
Silver has some follow up to do
Amber is exploring her new home
Spark is either looking for forest demons, or negotiating the fate of a tribe of Wolves
Midnight has more cultists to kill
Onyx has a colt to look after
Dark Star has some communists to kill
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131003
131004
>>130999 →

"Huh...how I did not see that last time I was here..."

He shakes his head clear, and smiles at the younger professor.

"Apologies, I did not even introduce myself. I am Silver Sword. With me is my partner, Mala."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131004
131007 131009
>>131003
"Uh" He looks over to Silver, then smiles. He has a reasonable amount of muscle to him, and a sturdier body than the unicorns before, though he's hardly 'exceptionally,' muscular.
"Hi. I'm... Feather Duster... as you heard Dr. Grant say. I study under him in the archaeology department. This is actually my first time out in the field on a trip."
He looks over to Mala, then away

>>131001 →
"Uh..." She carefully moves a hoof up, then slowly steps it ack
"I don't know..."
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131005
131006
>>131000
"I don't think a mere changeling could appear so horridly, as a corpse that towers over ponies. Yet all the while it moves as if it were in the prime of its life. The eyes black as night. It showed only annoyance to being stabbed through by a dagger's blade."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131006
131010
>>131005
Waabishki's tail moves slowly down
"Say what now?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131007
131008
>>131004
He offers the strapping young pegasus a hoofshake.

"It is good to meet you. I may not be archaeologist, but I am capable of manual labor. Need help moving rubble?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131008
131012
>>131007
It takes him a moment, but he extends a hoof. He has a firmer shake, and especially a quicker rhythm
"Uh, well, we're moving some rubble right now around the entrance. Seems to be damaged by an explosion or something. Just trying to clear the area, save any of the bricks used in the original construction, and find out what the purpose of this place is."
He squints his eyes in the sun
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131009
131011
>>131004
"Maybe you can fetch me some potions for when I end the fight?" Iron offers with a weak, sheepish smile.
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131010
131011
>>131006
"This was a beast unlike any other. It moves with speed despite appearing to rot to the bone. It bit and flailed as if mad, yet still could talk in pony tongue. And it was not one, but three of these abominations that came for us. Do you understand why I have concern as to if there are more lurking nearby?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131011
131013 131014
>>131009
"I don't... Maybe?"

>>131010
"How big was it? How did it transform?" She asks, growing concerned
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131012
131015
>>131008
Silver does not mention his part on the explosion.

"We can help with that."

Silver begins to help clearing rubble, separating the quarry stones from the catacomb bricks.

"I do not know exactly what this place was used for before being used for necromantic experiments, but my best bet from what I saw inside is that it was where ancient Earth Ponies buried their dead so they would be reunited with earth."
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131013
131015
>>131011
Iron hums softly, scratching his chin. "Perhaps you can go first and see how many griffons are there to remind," he offers "that could work."
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131014
131016
>>131011
"It was at least twice as large as a stallion, if not three time. It was not a flash of green either, but a slow turn, almost a crawl of the skin as it peeled and stretched before the eye."
I forget if Spark actually encountered the transformation or if it was just Brie, but I'm going with it.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131015
131017 131024
>>131012
"Oh, indigenous ponies? I haven't been inside. Well, I haven't been further than a few feet inside. These bricks I think are something like seventh century, maybe sixth or eighth, at least most of this construction isn't ancient. Dr. Grant suggests it looks more like a smuggler's den"

Grant raises his eye brows
"Oh, yes. Smuggler's dens were made in that time in response to new tariffs levied by the Court. It lead to some conflicts in here and in the Dominion, since these areas are dependent on trade. In fact, one of those conflicts is associated with this site, or at least the above ground area."

>>131013
"Uh, sure."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131016
131018
>>131014
"Did it look... frozen?" she asks.
Makade walks up, not entire sharing or understanding why Waabishki is concerned, But it seems her concern is making him concerned
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131017
131019
>>131015
Silver looks at them with interest.

"Really? How can you tell how old this place is?"
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131018
131019
>>131016
"Yes. I recall my friend stabbing it through with his halberd. You could hear the crack of ice, and the air was chilled after."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131019
131020 131022
>>131017
Dr. Grant picks up a brick, with a blue aura
"The way this brick is fired. It's an early modern oven. And inside they are arranged in arches. You'll actually see the same thing in some of the older military structures. It's at least possible this was a supply stop for some kind of barracks, though I do not know of any reported here. In any case, this is sixth century or later."

>>131018
"What were its limbs like?"
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131020
131021
>>131019
"They had holes similar to that of a changeling, but they were gaping spots were flesh left the bone... that is if it even had bone as you could see none. Only the rot."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131021
131023
>>131020
"Were there other Doubles around? What did they think of this?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131022
131025
>>131019
Silver strokes his chin while his own blue magic glow moves and sorts other rocks and bricks.

"Hmm...do you know of any particular features of smugglers dens built around this time?"
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131023
131025
>>131021
"They looked afraid. I heard murmurings of a name, it sounded like Wendigo, but it was clearly not that."
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131024
131025
>>131015
"Alright," Iron concludes "after that, you can go take a break at one of the nearby buildings, watching in case I get a bit too overwhelmed."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131025
131026 131027 131028
>>131024
"So you just want to waltz in, guns blazing?"

>>131022
"Well... Mostly they would have used what was available. A basement, a natural cave, or a hole they dug in the ground... This would be a bit usual, but not unusual for an underground structure of this size at the time"

>>131023
Her tail sinks further and further down
"The Wetiko..."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131026
131029
>>131025
"Have either of you been through entirety of structure yet?"
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131027
131029
>>131025
"You heard of it before?"
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131028
131029
>>131025
"Yes," Iron answers "only more with hooves."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131029
131030 131033 131035
>>131026
"I took a walk around when we first came in, then I went back outside to begin the process along with Feather Duster. Dr. Faucet of the Hippology department, and Extra Pair remained inside"

>>131028
"A sneak attack won't scare them, just piss them off. There's nothing special or meaningful about losing when an enemy surprises you. Just strike back. It's when you lose a fight you're prepared for... that you begin to think you might not win."

>>131027
She nods
"Yes. It is a demon of myth, what happens when a soul is overly consumed by greed in a time of need, where the outside becomes like what is within"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131030
131031
>>131029
Silver nods.

"Ah, so you do know of scale of it. So, what you saw suggested smugglers den?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131031
131032
>>131030
"Well... there are certainly many places to put smuggled items. The abundance of mummified corpses... that's harder to account for"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131032
131034
>>131031
"Oh, you can ask Peer Review about those. This was occupied by Joseph Curwhinny in 8th century, who used it for necromantic experiments. I gave him all my information on subject earlier."
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131033
131034
>>131029
"I am at a loss of words. Demons?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131034
131036 131038
>>131032
He nods. Slowly.
"Well, we are coming to slowly learn more about this place, and the creatures who have interacted with it"

>>131033
"Demons is... a very 'pony' way of looking at it. Imagining that the spiritual world and the material are separate, and the spiritual sometimes invades the material. It's more like a swelling, or manifestation of negative energy and emotion at one spot. Greediness and Gluttony in a time of Winter and Starvation... That is how I understood the teachings, anyways."
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131035
131037
>>131029
"I was thinking something more along the lines of grandstanding at their main base of operations' entrance," Iron explains "boast power, then when they challenge it with their own display of power, 'remind' them."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131036
131037
>>131034
He raises an eyebrow at the professor.

"You...do not believe me?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131037
131039 131041
>>131035
She nods, and places a hoof up to her muzzle in evident contemplation
"Now that, that could work. Come in with a threat or warning before hoof, challenge them to fights, and do it in a way that all of them don't immediately shoot you, but instead things escalate slowly, and end with a promise."

>>131036
"I never said that. Just that we are learning more about this place and its origins"
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131038
131040
>>131034
"I don't suppose there are any more in the forest then if they take over the greedy. That's a relief."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131039
131040
>>131037
"Ah, apologies. It just seemed that way to me."

Silver continues to help them.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131040
131042 131043
>>131038
"Well... it's at least possible there could be others, or that there is some other cause here... but the Wetikos come from ordinary wolves and ponies."

>>131039
Silver picks up more rocks and more bricks as does Mala, until the entrance is cleared of bricks and rocks. Feather Duster has shifted to tending to the objects placed on the canvas.
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131041
131044
>>131037
"What sort of threat would rile them up, however?" Iron asks "Some sort of 'Do not mess with the owner of this turf' or something like that?"
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131042
131044
>>131040
"Have you ever heard of any other creatures that become possessed by one?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131043
131045
>>131040
Silver trots over to him once he's done. He motions to the sheathed sword?

"May I take look?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131044
131047 131547
>>131041
"They have big egos and are easily offended. They are used to running things and everyone being afraid of them. Don't worry, you will rile them up. Probably without trying."

>>131042
"Well... maybe the Doubles can? I don't think deer can, but ponies, I think they can."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131045
131046
>>131043
"Oh uh.... Be careful with that. But you can look"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131046
131048
>>131045
Silver nods. With his magic, he carefully picks the sword up and unsheathes it.
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131047
131048
>>131044
"Any sort of code of honor I could use to make them use nonlethal attacks only?" Iron asks "Aside from not killing their ponies, of course."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131048
131049 131052
>>131046
Dr. Grant moves back
"Careful with that!"
Feather Duster and Mala do not, looking at the unsheathing.

The scabbard is rotted and deteriorated, as is the leather grip of the hilt. But the blade, the cross guard, and the remainder of the handle are sparkling and pristine. The blade itself is not the black of iron, or even the grey of steel, but an almost white, shining color as if it were crafted out of silver. Along the blade are small cuts and designs that Silver cannot quite make out, and on the rainguard of the handle is a sun pattern. The sword is very large, rather heavy, and clearly intended to be used as a two hooved weapon or for stronger magic wielders. The crossguard has small balls at the end, and the blade looks as if it were recently sharpened.

>>131047
She shakes her head
"No traditions like that. But you could try goading them into attacking with only claws."
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131049
131050
>>131048
"Something like 'Resorting to weapons, huh? Pathetic' and other similar taunts?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131050
131051
>>131049
"If they already have weapons in claw, something has gone wrong. Don't taunt them too hard or they'll take it more seriously. Let their fear, not their anger bring them to arms."
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131051
131053
>>131050
"Got it," Iron responds "so minimize taunts to only make them start to attack me then proceed to remind them."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131052
131053
>>131048
He doesn't seem to hear Grant, pulling up a hoof to slide along the flat of the blade. It makes a subtle ring as the hard part of his hoof rubs along the metal. He turns away from Feather to make a couple skilled, small swings with the blade through the air to get a sense of its balance.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131053
131054 131060
>>131051
"Something like that, yes."

>>131052
A cane-machete, light Pegasi saber or dueling rapier, it is not. Nor does it handle as such. It does not swiftly fly through the air or dance around, or pull out of its scabbard quickly... at least, it doesn't without Silver putting most of his effort and strength into it. Rather, this is a sword designed to do as much damage as possible when it gets to its target., presumably made for an era when a sword was the best or even the only option against armored targets, great Manticore, or even dragons. Maakie's sword had better balance.
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131054
131055
>>131053
"I think I am seeing the drawing a lot more clearly," Iron replies with a couple of nods "anything else worth noting that I might have missed?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131055
131056
>>131054
"Well" she has an awkward smile. "Me"
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131056
131057
>>131055
Iron hums softly, rubbing his chin softly. "...I am not too sure what sort of utility you would have, considering your skillset," he ponders "...you could be the one to build me up as a formidable adversary in a far more respectful light and I simply brought you here as a witness to the might of the Waterfront gang."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131057
131058
>>131056
"That's not... entirely what I had in mind."
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131058
131059
>>131057
"Oh?" Iron replies "What were you planning?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131059
131061
>>131058
"Well, I could sweet talk them in any number of ways, or do other things. I can pull my weight too"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131060
131062
>>131053
He takes a deep breath in through his nostrils, then out through his mouth. He assumes an old Earth Pony fighting stance, modified slightly for use by a unicorn with telekinesis. He spreads his front and hind legs to widen his stance, feeling the firm earth underneath him, unmovable and unbreakable. He steels his will to be as unbendable as the earth itself. Suddenly, he makes a large, powerful swing of the sword from left to right, followed by the sword returning right to left. It doesn't have the grace or reflexes of a light style used for lighter weapons, but each swing has obvious power behind it. His hooves slide and shift appropriately without leaving the ground as he continues to carve through the air, only occasionally stopping to block, parry, and riposte an enemy blade that isn't there. The only sounds he makes are small grunts of exersion with every sword swing, and the singing of the greatsword slicing the air in front of him. After a fair demonstration, he ends it with an overhead strike, levelling the sword but a few inches to the ground, low and powerful enough to kick up dust around the blade.
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131061
131062
>>131059
"You could work as a conflict defuser," Iron offers "if you think the point was made and feeling the threat of gunfire is almost a certainty."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131062
131063 131064
>>131060
Silver finds that the sword doesn't start moving very easily, and is even harder to stop. But it cuts through the air with great proficiency. In warfare, this sword's niche was most likely severing enemy pikes and halberds, and it looks like it could do that job very well, even if so many aspects of construction imply why its kind later went extinct. It must have been the best of what it was, back then. Mala seems impressed, almost awed. Feather Duster is surprised. Dr. Grant is somewhat disturbed.

>>131061
"Hmmm.... That could be"
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131063
131065
>>131062
"Of course, if we get enough notoriety to get the boss himself to come down, you can always sell me as this fearsome warrior and remark he is one of many, too."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131064
131065
>>131062
Silver takes another deep breath, then stands back up out of the stance. He looks again at the Celestial symbol.

"This...this is masterfully made weapon."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131065
131066 131067
>>131063
"Well... I guess he could be here? If he's here, that's probably a bad thing for you."

>>131064
Whoever crafted it put some effort into decorating it. Silver can recognize harmonic and religious symbols.
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131066
131068
>>131065
"Oh," Iron responds "then you stick to being a conflict defuser, then. Anything else I might be missing?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131067
131068
>>131065
Silver turns to look at Grant and Feather.

"Where would this weapon go to?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131068
131069 131070
>>131067
Grant:
"I don't know. Most likely a museum."

The sword is not perfect, with the leather on the handle eaten away, and the scabbard almost falling apart. The metal, however, is in much better condition that steel could be expected to hold up, in water or out

>>131066
"Most likely, but we won't necessarily know until it happens"
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131069
131072
>>131068
"Understood," Iron concludes, now looking forward, ready to show these griffons this stallion has the moves.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131070
131071
>>131068
He looks more lovingly at the excellent craftsmanship, something which would impress even his own father.

"I will admit, I am reluctant to let something as beautiful and well-made as this languish and rot away behind some glass exhibit..."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131071
131073
>>131070
"It must be hundreds of years old" Grant says. "It is part of the culture of the region."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131072
131074
>>131069
Iron walks up Percheron avenue, past trees and smaller single family residences. Iron has left Baltimare, and is onwards further North. He will remember that he's been this way before. When he went to the cannery. And going up further the houses become closer together again, and there are more streets crossing east to west
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131073
131075
>>131071
"Fact that it has survived for this long means it is special. More so than most ponies can see."

He rubs his hoof along the blade moreso.

"It is very likely some smith's masterwork, enchanted and enhanced after its creation with holy solar magic for this paladin. It is not merely some warrior's steel from long ago."
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131074
131075
>>131072
"...huh," Iron mutters as he trudges along "I feel some strange sense I have done something similar to what I am doing right now."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131075
131076 131077
>>131073
The blade is very much sharp, as if it were sharpened yesterday.

Dr. Grant comes further, and places his hoof to adjust his glasses. Feather Duster walks around Silver to be on the other side.
“Yes... this does look like a paladin’s sword. Either a military order or Inquisition... if that’s true, it may still belong to the Equestrian church.”

>>131074
“It happens” Sands remarks
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131076
131078
>>131075
"My father taught me that every blade is forged with purpose. To display, to defend, to kill...every one was forged to fulfill specific role in this world."

He looks over to Grant.

"If it belongs to Church, then I would request your permission to return it to them."
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131077
131078
>>131075
"Right," Iron nods with a lightly sheepish smile before trotting on towards the fabled North Point he's supposed to find the immigrant Manehattan gang's most recent purchase.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131078
131079 131080
>>131077
Passing a school and a small, single story town hall, it’s official. Iron is in the town of Northpoint.

>>131076
“So they are...” he looks at Silver skeptically

“Forgive me if am impolite but... how will we know this will find its way to the church? Or even confirm that this once belonged to a religious order that is extant to this day?”
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131079
131081
>>131078
"Alright," Iron lets out, looking about "now where would these griffons be..."
Did Germane tell Iron where exactly to find the family in question?
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131080
131081
>>131078
"No, such skepticism is natural and healthy when dealing those you have just met. I suppose I can give no other assurance besides my word, and request for you to trust me. I am friend of Father Maren at Cathedral here in city. As for finding out if it truly belonged to someone in Celestial order...well, who better to ask besides Celestialists themselves?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131081
131082 131083
>>131079
She mentioned something about them buying up unused fishing trawlers

>>131080
“They don’t necessarily know their own history... Professor Faucet knows Celestialism well, she could say”
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131082
131084
>>131081
Remembering they bought fishing related stuff, he knew to seek the coast of this town for his best chance to stumble onto the family he was looking for.
He scans his surroundings, wondering where the sea was in his current position.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131083
131084
>>131081
"Where would she be?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131084
131085 131086
>>131082
North, which is “forward” from the direction from which he came. Walking towards the shore, some area have rocks or grass leading up the shore, usually with houses or private property by them. But there is an area of docks with large boats, some of which are in poorer condition, and buildings by the docks

>>131083
“Well... she’s somewhere
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131085
131087
>>131084
"You said inside...I shall go look for her there."

He involuntarily shivers.

"Thank Celestia all of undead are gone now...it was nightmare inside structure before."
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131086
131087
>>131084
"Hm..." Iron lets out as he trudges along, nearing himself towards the docks, figuring they may be congregating in that particular area, before looking at Sands with a pensive look "do tell me if you spot one of these griffins."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131087
131088 131091
>>131085
He looks inside
“Well... we’lll be going there soon... good thing we brought floof lights”

What light does Silver have?

>>131086
“Uh, alright.”
Some waves break against rocks and the piers. Iron does not see any griffins outside
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131088
131089
>>131087
"You think we should ask around if any griffons started moving around the area?" Iron asks Sands, starting to feel a little lost.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131089
131090
>>131088
“Well, you can...”
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131090
131092
>>131089
"...I feel you are going to bring up a rather important consequence if I go that route," Iron continues, walking around in search for the griffons around the docks.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131091
131092
>>131087
The floof spreads...

"I recommend them, it feels like darkness will consume you in there without light. And watch your step on first floor, quarrying operations that happened here knocked significant amount of rubble from walls and ceiling onto floor."

Silver doesn't have any flood lights, but he has his horn and his flashlight. He looks to Mala.

"What about you? Want to come along, or stay out here?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131092
131093 131094
>>131090
These griffins must not be the outdoorsy type, if they are here at all. Bond are in the open or outside on boats

>>131091
Reeee these are flood lights

>>131091
Mala looks around the quarry
“I will come inside.”
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131093
131095
>>131092
"...we may actually have to ask around," Iron mutters again "hopefully these folk got a bar that would kindly give us such information or somepony to trail back into their main outpost."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131094
131095
>>131092
Silver smiles, finally sheaths the sword, and motions for Mala to follow him into the catacombs.

"Alright, come along then!
."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131095
131097 131098
>>131093
“Well... if there is anything I’ve learned, it’s that ponies love to congregate for fun in places. Griffins too.”

>>131094
Mala jumps along, into the darkness, staying very close to silver and rubbing against him several times. Into the darkness they go
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131097
131099
>>131095
Thankfully, with Silver's light sources, they aren't entirely in the dark. He doesn't mind Mala sticking to him as he searches around for this Faucet.
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131098
131099
>>131095
"So we should look for where these ponies congregate and we know it is a place for fun..." Iron summarizes "do point out what buildings are for fun in case I miss them."
Having said that, he switches his search parameters from griffons to bars and other entretainment spots.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131099
131100 131101
>>131097
Lower level: rocks about, but no ponies

>>131098
A restaurant or two. Perhaps a tavern.
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131100
131102
>>131099
Iron decides to check out the first restaurant he saw first in order to see the general picture of this town.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131101
131102
>>131099
Upper levels it is!
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131102
131103 131104
>>131100
A few ponies inside, mostly muddle aged or older. Music is playing over what must be a radio. Some ponies are by a bar, some at tables. Seems like potatoes and cooking if that sort.

>>131101
Going upstairs, Silver can see a light on down the right hallway, and another in the library
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131103
131105
>>131102
"Alright," Iron tells Sands "see if you can hear anything about these griffons we are looking for."
Having said that, he uses his native ears to listen closely to the ponies' potential talks.
If rolls are needed, you only need to ask.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131104
131105
>>131102
Silver checks the library first.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131105
131106 131107
>>131103
There’s some kind of ball game, it seems like. Something about Manehattan. Something else about some horrible pony, and something about a cult. And still something else about finally getting around to repainting the house.

“Are you afraid to talk to ponies?” Sands asks

>>131104
There is a lantern inside sitting on the ground. The table is mostly intact, but so many books are burned, and many more are missing.

Sitting on the ground, with a tail that is tied together, is a small yellow earth pony, bright as a lemon, with a strawberry colored mane that is also tied back. She is looking at a few burnt pages rather intently.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131106
131108
>>131105
Silver knows this place well. He speaks up.

"Excuse me? Would you happen to be Professor Faucet?"
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131107
131108
>>131105
Iron's ear flickers, turning to Sands with a lightly surprised motion. "H-huh?" he lets out "I figured talking to them could lead to an unfavorable outcome."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131108
131109 131110
>>131106
She jumps up, drops the page, and turns around to Silver
"Yes." She says, sharply, and blinking with reflective eyes

>>131107
"Alright. I hear you. I'll do the talking for you"
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131109
131138
>>131108
"Thank you," Iron replies as he lets Sands do the talking for him as per his first request to establish their business relationship.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131110
131111
>>131108
He smiles at her. He's slightly surprised at the shear size difference between them.

"I am Silver Sword. I was told you are expert of Celestialism."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131111
131112 131113
Spoilered
>>131110
She has a plain expression, and takes a moment before she answers
“Well... I was raised in the faith. I am an expert on religions generally. My doctoral thesis was on the split cult of the neighuatl and it’s survival, or not, into modern times.”

Is Pear making another claim for best pony?
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131112
>>131111
Seems like it.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131113
131114
>>131111
"Cult of Neighuatl...I have never heard of that before, but considering my prior experience with cults it can not be any worse. Anyways..."

He pulls out the sheathed sword.

"I believe this belonged to paladin who had turned centuries ago. I was wondering if you could confirm it for me, and if you knew what group he belonged to."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131114
131115
>>131113
"No, it's just a term used to describe the solar worship. The descriptions of mass equine sacrifice are mostly exaggerated and not an accurate depiction of ordinary practices for most ponies."

She looks down at the sword, and tries to grab it with a hoof
"Where did this come from?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131115
131116 131118
>>131114
"Ah. Sorry, just...recent experience with Maarists has tainted word 'cult' for me."

He lets her grab and take the sword to inspect it.

"It was found on armoured ghast that was dispatched here in quarry two days ago. Nature of its armour, combined with inscriptions on blade and its somehow perfectly preserved condition makes me believe it was paladin's enchanted sword."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131116
131118
>>131115
She looks up to him, with an almost playful curiosity
"Maarists, you say?"

Then she looks a little more confused
"Ghast?"

She abandons that though, and looks down at the sword
"Well, it's a very large sword. There is too much moisture in here for this to be ordinary steel. It's too white too. Looks like silver, or maybe platinum. If it's silver, it's a very pure silver because any copper impurities would have caused it to tarnish. It's probably a steel sword with a thin outer layer of noble metal melted onto it. This was probably made before electro-plating, so that's a thicker outer layer than we'd have in a sword of this kind if we made one today. Now I can tell you that this thing is either a decorative piece, or it's a magically enchanted sword, because no way would any swordstallion have a sword with a very weak and malleable precious metal covering the sword unless it was magically enchanted to be harder. The steel gives it some structural strength, while the noble metal holds an enchantment well. It also looks prettier, which was probably intended, and it's basically impervious to rust or corrosion, which is kind of a happy accident. It could also be a ceremonial piece never meant for combat, or a modern forgery-"

She turns the sword around
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131118
131123
>>131116
>>131115
Now, she inspects the sword itself

"Do you see that?"
She points to a star like symbol with branching rays
"This is the symbol of the Order of Saint Georgos. It's a military order established in the Eclipse Gulf area around 600 ALB. I don't recall the exact year, but around that time. They were established by migrants mostly of the Earth Pony Husak tribe and a few associated ones. It was made to protect Equestrian migrants in this general region. Against raiding natives, chimera, hydra, sea serpents, the occasional changeling, a few ventures although the way into Griffonia, but above all against dragons. The order does not exist today."
Anonymous
e31e20b
?
No.131120
131122
Am still playing just can't tonight. Maybe tomorrow.
Anonymous
611589f
?
No.131121
131122
Just pulled another all-nighter. Won't be able to make it today, sorry
Anonymous
efc7ef6
?
No.131122
C311D312-7B37-406A-BDB8-050F2548A0C7.jpeg
>>131120
Yay!

>>131121
Aww
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131123
131124
>>131117 →
>>131118
"That would explain sword's heft. Even compared to my own greatsword, this is heavy weapon. It does not want to slash when weld, it wants to carve."

He inspects the inscription she pointed out.

"These Husaks, where did they originally hail from?"
Anonymous
efc7ef6
?
No.131124
131125
>>131123
It’s like a Star with four prongs, each prong itself having rays exuding from it. Below, on either side of the fuller, is a shield, and a flame.

“From ‘Earth,’ the Equestriain East inland, and from further north before that. Earth Pony Nation.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131125
131126
>>131124
"Hmm. Do you think some came down here with other settlers?"
Anonymous
efc7ef6
?
No.131126
131127
>>131125
“They are the settlers. The second wave at least. After the Amstels.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131127
131128
>>131126
Silver nods, then holds a hoof out to recieve the sword back.
Anonymous
efc7ef6
?
No.131128
131129
>>131127
She gives the sword back, insofar as she had control of it anyways
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131129
131130
>>131128
He admires the beauty of the sword.

"Professor Grant and Feather Duster want this to be displayed as piece of local culture...but I will admit, I am reluctant to let sword like this gather dust in museum."
Anonymous
efc7ef6
?
No.131130
131131
>>131129
“What do you mean?” She asks
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131131
131132
>>131130
"When I was little I apprenticed underneath my blacksmith father, and he taught me that every blade is forged with purpose to fulfill its roll. And this is very special blade indeed, forged to be used in battle to protect others, not to be displayed and sit idle."
Anonymous
efc7ef6
?
No.131132
131133
>>131131
“Well, this sword was probably made to fight against dragons, and was probably a hundred years old with more than one owner when it came here.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131133
131134
>>131132
"Regardless, it was not meant for display. It just...it hurts, being blacksmith and swordpony, seeing sword like this be put up on display like that."
Anonymous
efc7ef6
?
No.131134
131135
>>131133
“Under the law, ‘lost’ and ‘abandoned property belong to whoever finds it, but if it’s ‘mislaid’ it belongs to whoever owns the property it is found on. All of this is assuming that the original owner can’t be found, which isn’t necessarily a fair assumption. Ordo Sanctus Georgius no longer exists, but some organization might claim to be the successor, like the Equestrian church. Then their’s the question of whether this is ‘Antiquities’ site and this protected under that Act. I think Peer Review and Dr. Grant want to take it and put it on display in Stableside, though Baltimare is more likely. Mostly they want the credit for it, to be ‘recognized’ for it. We weren’t even supposed to be here to begin with, this is a detour from a planned dig on Snake River. We were hired to do an archeological examination. I think the property owner just wants to be done with all of this and build here. This sword was not easy for its creator to make, especially back in those days. It was probably given to more than one Paladin of the order to save on money. It speaks to an insecure time in the regions history, where ponies and Dragons did not live in peace. But it also belongs to an era when this region defined itself and began to develop an identity, by withstanding a horde.”
She ends, and looks up directly at Silver
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131135
131136
>>131134
Silver seems to accept her response with a "hmm". He doesn't focus for too long on it.

"Snake River sounds...pleasant. I am new to Southeast Equestria. I assume it is somewhere in area?"
Anonymous
efc7ef6
?
No.131136
131137
>>131135
“Not really. It is much further south, in the Forbidden Jungles”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131137
131138
>>131136
"Never been there, either. What is it you and your team are going to do there?"
8d5b21c
?
No.131138
131139 131140 131142
[1d20+7 = 23]
>>131109
Sands looks around, and then starts approaching ponies, starting with the single males. Her story is that she is staying with an aunt and uncle in the area, and that she is fascinated by the boats. She generally acts bubbly and oblivious, but very curious about who she can talk to to get on one of the boats, as well as curious about griffins once griffins are mentioned. She is more flirtatious than most mares would dare be while their boyfriend is watching.

>>131137
"We are going there to investigate reports about caverns and sights in the area. Supposedly Hayfeather fled Tenochtitlan and brought a treasure with him, or that's the rumor anyways. More or less we are going there to look for artifacts from around the time of Equestria's first contact with Tenochtitlan."
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131139
131140
>>131138
Iron stands there, nodding softly as Sands does her work since that side of their relationship was unveiled already. An uneasy feeling of being replaced creeps slightly into his mind, but for now he feels confident enough to worry about it later.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131140
131141
>>131138
>>131139
After some time, she comes back to Iron with her serious expression
"Evidently there's this business, 'Salty's Sardines,' cute, I know - this business was in hard times when some cannery was shutdown. The owner sold it to some griffins from out of town who didn't do anything with it except have a couple griffin's visit its offices sometimes. But in the last few weeks, more have moved it. There's this one griffin known to drive around in a Fillydelphia Royal and has been seen repeatedly at one of the restaurants here. There's a lot more activity on the docks too, with some of the boats sometimes leaving. They've shown interest in buying more things, and can get rather pushy when told 'no.' It makes many of the locals uncomfortable. There's some story about some's windows being broken after not wanting to do some kind of paint job. There's a few other details as well, but it seems like they are there."
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131141
131143
>>131140
"So our best shot is going for the Salty's Sardines place, then," Iron concludes with a nod "do we go straight there or you do think we should remind the more famous griffin among the locals?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131142
131143
>>131138
"Tenochtitlan? I have only heard stories and tales about that place from my father, but if they are at all true it is treasure trove of artifacts and gold, for those who can brave jungle's dangers."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131143
131144 131147
>>131141
"That 'more famous griffin' is probably more famous among the Griffins too. It depends on how you want to approach this."

>>131142
"Well, that is the hope as well. I've also heard stories from my Grandmother. This will be my first time actually going into the jungle. Not my first time in the region though"
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131144
131145
>>131143
"We should probably focus on the more famous if it's for their strength to properly remind them," Iron explains "so we would be better off going into their turf and remind a lot more griffins rather than focus on one whose power is not centered on reminders."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131145
131146
>>131144
"I.... what is reminding?"
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131146
131148
>>131145
Iron softly jabs at the air two times, making sure not to accidentally boop some random pony that was walking in front of him.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131147
131148
>>131143
"I have never been, either. I hope your team has funding for bodyguards, there is no telling if you will run into hostile wildlife, bandits looking for treasure, or whatever other dangers exists under canopy."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131148
131149 131153
>>131146
"Uh... Okay. We'll do that, then"

>>131147
"We hired a guide who will be armed. Peer Review thinks we need to keep a relatively low profile to avoid attracting danger."
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131149
131150
>>131148
"...you did get what I mean when I did that, right?" Iron asks curiously as he starts walking out of the restaurant.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131150
131151
>>131149
"Sure. You want to physically beat them, and hope that's enough to scare them out of the area"
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131151
131152
>>131150
"It is simply to demonstrate physical prowess and superiority, of course," Iron replies "and only if they are as prideful as you have said."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131152
131154
>>131151
"And the point of physical prowess and superiority is... to make them leave?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131153
131156
>>131148
"I hope he knows what he is doing. You all have been relatively nice, I would hate to hear of your disappearance. I wish you all luck in your endeavor, that you are quite successful and bring back many lost treasures."

He trots over to examine the burnt books.

"So, how have things been in Stableside? All calm, I hope?"
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131154
131155 131156
>>131152
"Like the mare said, it is a reminder of who is more powerful," Iron explains "and to not mess with our territory. Making them leave would be nice, but I doubt a stallion like myself could convince them in any other way than through the 'reminders' and be wholly effective, considering their "
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131155
>>131154
*their killing tendencies."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131156
131157 131158
>>131153
"Some of you are alright. Don't fly American Airlines on the 24th."

She stares at him for a moment
"It's... it's calmer. Nothing like Manehattan or even Baltimare. Or at least the city is calm. The countryside has more resistance and fighting. More than most places, probably."

>>131154
"Oh. Alright, then."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131157
131159
>>131156
He smiles, and looks at her.

"But still not as calm as it was before War?"
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131158
131159
>>131156
"Do you think I could cause so much fear that I could basically scare all these griffins off through physical force?" Iron asks in mild disbelief.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131159
131160 131161
>>131158
"Probably not. Either it'll bring them to negotiate, or it'll require a follow up force. Either way, the hope is that they don't send more."

>>131157
She has a more calm and somber expression
"I don't believe so. But I didn't know it well before the War."
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131160
131162
>>131159
"Right," Iron answers with a nod as he aligns his body towards Salty's Sardines "we try to encounter a sizable group of thugs, we goad them into a nonlethal fight and then we tell them who owns this land. The more group I knock out, the better."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131161
131162
>>131159
He nods, his smile fading.

"Yes...I do hope it will be that calm again, soon."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131162
131163 131164
>>131160
"Sure"

Past a set of shops and homes, they get back towards the waterfront, and the piers

>>131161
"I don't know. Calm breeds lethargy, indifference to others, selfishness, wastefulness. Squabbling and infighting. Ponies need some struggle against something external to define themselves, or even to build themselves. Both individually and collectively."
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131163
131165
>>131162
Iron scans the area of obviously battle-hardened griffons to challenge their authority, knowing they will be most likely doing some harrassment to the local worksponies.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131164
131165
>>131162
"Maybe. Then again, these past few years have been nothing but struggle, and it feels like we will sooner tear each other to shreads than try to rebuild what we once had."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131165
131166 131167
>>131163
No outdoors griffins on the streets. Or at least, not yet. But looking onto the docks, there are a pair of griffins. It looks like they are doing something with the pier itself, and the boats

>>131164
"I don't know. The struggle is supplied by ponies themselves, not so much by other things. Other things outside of ponies. We have less disease now, less work, more conveniences, less poverty. I know ponies complain about poverty now, but I've seen my grandmother's farm. I know it used to be worse. I remember how in that relative peace after the Storm King's defeat, it began, slowly. Bickering over politics and who gets money, that sort of stuff. Then when the Changelings started to make their return. It was a great difference. Ponies would work together, donate for war bonds. Start to be united as one. Then other ponies invaded, the Changeling threat receded... There are no fewer problems, but they are of our own making. Like, when we don't have problems, we don't know what to do with ourselves and make our own problems. It's not conducive to good character. Not at all."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131166
131168
>>131165
He begins to nod after a couple seconds of silence.

"Yes. I see your point. Let us just hope these problems we've created do not end up destroying us."
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131167
131168
>>131165
Humming softly, Iron decides to close in on the griffons, only to loiter 100 ft away in a challenging fashion by exhuding a pretentious, defiant attitude, to see if anypony would react to such scornful and disrespectful act.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131168
131169 131170
>>131167
It looks as if the griffins are working. One is on the closer end of the pier, minding a mooring around an unoccupied space on the pier. The other is further away, also tending to a mooring, but with a faded white trawler next to it

>>131166
She nods, and gives a subdued smile, the first one in the time Silver has spoken with her
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131169
131171
>>131168
Not seeing any indication of gangster griffons, he turns to Sands in a whisper motion. "Should I try loudly complaining about the gang's occupation to lure a group of these thugs to me?" he asks softly.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131170
131171
>>131168
"So, Review and his cohort are doing...something, in their tent. Duster and Grant are examining outside. What are you and other pony doing here inside?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131171
131172 131173
>>131169
"If you just act like a drunk, they might ignore you. Go right up to them."

>>131170
"Peer Review and Loans are mapping out the site, trying to get a view of the larger history, and have a location to analyze any physical artifacts brought up to them. Extra Pair and I are examining the interior of the building. Grant and Feather duster will too, when they get done outside. This room here seems to have been a library. So I am examining books. What remains, at least"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131172
131174
>>131171
Silver looks at the ruined, burnt books.

"It does not appear than much has."
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131173
131174
>>131171
Iron considers this alternative, which would make it easier to define these griffons as thugs for the family, but feels there is a risk of actually upsetting some random civilian.
Figuring it would be better to start a direct confrontation instead of standing in the sidelines like a wimp, he starts to menacingly approach the griffion without the trawler.
When he reaches the 30ft mark, he stops, sizing him up impersonally. "Are you part of the griffons that came from Manehattan?" he asks in a stoic, demanding manner, looking down at him.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131174
131175 131176
>>131172
"No... it doesn't. Fire got 'em. A shame. Or maybe for the better, hard to tell."

>>131173
He stops. He turns around, and he looks up to Iron in slow, deliberate movements
"Who wants to know?"
The accent is hard to place, but definitely there
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131175
131177
>>131174
"It is shame we may never know which."

He picks up and looks at one of the destroyed books.

"Know what Extra Pair is look through now? Or have you both been working separately?"
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131176
131177
>>131174
"Their welcoming ceremony," Iron answers coldly, subtly craning his neck, awaiting either a scratch or further questioning.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131177
131178 131179
>>131175
Not much is readable on this book portion, though it seems there may be some readable pages inside

"He has been gathering items in the hallway. There is much on the floor"

>>131176
He stares at Iron for a moment, before answering
"You are a few hours early. They are not here yet."
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131178
131180
>>131177
I'll roll a sense motive just in case he's lying.
[1d20+2 = 19]<Sense Motive
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131179
131180
>>131177
"I wonder what he found."

He sets the book down, and turns to Professor Faucet. He offers her a hoofshake.

"It has been pleasure meeting you, Faucet."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131180
131181 131183
>>131178
Exactly what he means is subject to interpretation, but he seems to think Iron is some kind of worker, or a part of some party arranged to meet with whoever is coming

>>131179
She looks to him, and shakes his hoof. Her shake is firmer than any of the others thus far
"Who are you? Or were you, exactly?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131181
131182
>>131180
"Silver Sword. I was pony who cleared undead from here two days ago."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131182
131185
>>131181
Her eyes get bigger
"So that's it... Tell me, what happened?"
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131183
131184
>>131180
"I see," Iron remarks, nodding softly "I will stay here in the meantime, then."
With that, the native promptly sits on his place, looking as stoic and cold as ever, staring forwards and awaiting the incoming group.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131184
131189
>>131183
"Okay" he answers. He seems to be wrapping line around a mooring
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131185
131186
>>131182
He rubs the back of his neck.

"There is not much to tell. There were at least two dozen undead, maybe more. I partially drained water in quarry, then went inside and fired my rifle near quarry enterance to get horde's attention and use myself as bait to lure them outside. I brought them over towards unexploded bomb from War stuck on quarry wall, shot it with rifle, and blew most of them to pieces. Those that survived I just finished it off with my rifle from range. All except mummy, and armoured ghast this sword came from. They were attracted towards bait I used just when giant bird came out of nowhere and fought them for it."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131186
131187
>>131185
"Do you know what happened here? In here?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131187
131188
>>131186
"You mean...in this library?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131188
131196
>>131187
"Well, yes. Or what happened in this place, this underground... thing"
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131189
131190
>>131184
Iron decides he might as well learn about the gang. "I have not been told much about the client," he preludes stoically with the slightest of shuffling closer in order to see the line wrapping even clearer. "Do you happen to know what is the occassion?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131190
131191
>>131189
It's a simple tying of the line around the mooring, at least right now

"They are arriving"
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131191
131192
>>131190
"Who is the one that asked for it?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131192
131193
>>131191
"For what?" He continues
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131193
131194
>>131192
"The ceremony."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131194
131195
>>131193
"You tell me" He says "I haven't heard anything about a ceremony"
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131195
131197
>>131194
"I see," Iron replies "do you happen to know one of the more famous griffons in this town?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131196
131197
>>131188
"Ohhhh. I gave all information I had on this place to Peer Review as he was first I came across. This is personal labratory of one Joseph Curwhinny, who took to practicing necromancy after death of his family to plague. He wanted to find way to bring them back, but never found way to. He did, however, create large number of animated skeletons of ponies, zebras, wolves, and even chimera, as well as more zombie-like undead called ghasts to serve him, and supposedly even reached lichdom. Eventually, he found new love, but mare he would marry was originally betrothed to sailor named Whipperwhill. Angered and having learned of Curwhinny's practices from one of Curwhinny's former friends, he formed militia to storm catacombs. They sealed Curwhinny away in his chambers, but they released his experiments and none of militia ponies survived.

"As for library, that is more...unfortunate story. Before I came by myself, I had been in here previously with other group, which included kirin. She became angered by what she thought were necromantic tomes, and...she set fire to library."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131197
131198 131199
>>131195
"You sure do ask a lot of questions" he says

>>131196
She listens to Silver as he tells the story
"Necromancers... About what I figured this all was... Interesting, though to see one here. To be in their lair." she pauses for a moment "Kirin... were dragons not enough?"
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131198
131200
>>131197
"It comes with the job."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131199
131200
>>131197
He smiles.

"I do not mind kirins. Though, perhaps it is wise to keep fire extinguisher around when dealing with them."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131200
131201 131204
>>131199
She looks around in the room
"I would have been interested to see what books he had"

>>131198
He shrugs, and finally ties a knot around a mooring
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131201
131202
>>131200
Scooting about 10ft closer towards the griffon, Iron seems to keep watching the griffon do his thing. "Why are you working alone at this time of the day?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131202
131203
>>131201
"You think I am alone?" He answers
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131203
131205
>>131202
"I only see two of you."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131204
131207
>>131200
"From what very few we managed to recover before having to flee because of carbon monoxide, many were on occult practices, histories of various civilzations, or were hoof-written books. None were actually necromantic in nature. Many were rare...some irreplacable..."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131205
131206
>>131203
He turns around, and stares at Iron
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131206
131207
>>131205
Iron similarly stares at the griffon.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131207
131208 131209
>>131204
She is silent for a moment
"I would have liked to have seen some of those. Much of my studying has been histories, or even 'the occult.'"

>>131206
He glares, stands up, and walks past Iron
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131208
131210
>>131207
Iron, in turn, firmly yet gently places his hoof on the griffon's feathery chest to stop him as he was walking away. "Is something the matter?" he asks coldly, glaring at the griffon.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131209
131210
>>131207
Silver nods, sadly.

"Yes, it is shame...I do not know where those we recovered are now, but I hope there are someplace safe."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131210
131211 131212
>>131208
"Ya put that filthy hoof the fuck off me" He says, trying to grab and press down the hoof

>>131209
"Books have been... recovered?"
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131211
131213
>>131210
Iron glances at the griffon sternly, keeping his hoof on his chest through sheer strength. "So you are part of the Ginovicci family," he concludes, wondering how he would react at such an accusation.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131212
131213
>>131210
"Yes, though as I said I do not know where they ended up."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131213
131214 131215
>>131211
His wings partly extend, and from his side he pulls out what seems to be a switch blade knife
"Get your' dirty hooves the fuck off me"

>>131212
She is silent
"I am not sure I would trust just any pony with that information... But so it is. I'm sure Peer Review is happy with this little detour."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
954ebee
?
No.131214
131216
>>131213
"Are you happy with detour? It does seem to have been some distance out of your way."
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131215
131216
>>131213
"It seems I will get to properly start the ceremony with you," Iron answers as he takes off his hoof, craning his neck and standing up before giving the griffon a challenging glare, stancing himself for a fight "I will give you a taste of what the real owners of these lands have to offer."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131216
131217 131219
>>131214
"I had intended to spend as much time at dig sites in the Snake River area as possible. At least I am rather familiar with Baltimare already."

>>131215
"Gierno!" He calls out, evidently to the other griffin
Silver "The Floof" Sword
954ebee
?
No.131217
131218
>>131216
"You said this is not your first time in Baltimare. Do you come here often?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131218
131221
>>131217
"No. I received my graduate degree here. At James Haykins."
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131219
131220
>>131216
Iron quickly moves his body away from the first griffon by 20ft, patiently waiting with a fighting stance while tracking his eyes to the second griffon. "Go ahead," he taunts "try me."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131220
131224
>>131219
The first griffin stands in the same position until the second is beside the first. He too, has some kind of weapon in his claw, though it looks more like an improvised club

"Get the fuck out of here'!"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
954ebee
?
No.131221
131222
>>131218
"Oh, that is quite impressive."

He smiles at her.

"Anyways, I am going to go meet with Extra Pair and see what he is doing. It was wonderful meeting with you, again, Faucet."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131222
131223
>>131221
She nods to him, and seems as if she is going to say something, before saying nothing at all
Silver "The Floof" Sword
954ebee
?
No.131223
131225
>>131222
He tilts his head at her in curiosity.

"What is it?"
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131224
131225
>>131220
Iron tilts his head, seeing the griffons telling him to go away instead of actually attacking him before shrugging softly and planting his hoof on the ground, grinding his frog against the floor. "Or what?" he demands in a stoic manner.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131225
131226 131228
>>131223
"Oh, uh... Nice meeting you... too"

>>131224
"Stay and find out"
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131226
131227
>>131225
Iron smiles devilishly, looking down at the two griffons. "Perhaps you need to be reminded of who really owns this place," he taunts, keeping himself still.
8d5b21c
?
No.131227
131229
[1d20+2 = 11]
[1d20+1 = 8]
>>131226
Alright, now is the initiative roll
Silver "The Floof" Sword
954ebee
?
No.131228
131230
>>131225
He smiles at her, bids her goodbye, and goes to meet Extra Pair.
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131229
131230
>>131227
Got it
[1d20+2 = 12]<Initiative
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131230
131231 131232
>>131229
Iron wins. The first griffin is second, followed by the griffin with the club.

>>131228
She turns back to the book in silence

Where does Silver go to look for Extra Pair?
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131231
131233
>>131230
"I will be sure to give you some good bruises to show off!" Iron exclaims before charging forth, opting for a quick hoof of his front hoof to test the switch-blade wielding griffon's defensive skills, obviously intent on knocking/incapacitating rather than killing him.[1d20+10 = 28]<Unarmed Strike
Silver "The Floof" Sword
954ebee
?
No.131232
131233
>>131230
Presumably towards the other light he saw.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131233
131234 131235
>>131231
Well... That's a hit

>>131232
Down the hall, past those first rooms, and towards where they first entered the underground section, and encountered Lt. Blazer in his ghast form, Silver sees a blue unicorn stallion examining the holes on the wall in the dim light of the lantern
Silver "The Floof" Sword
954ebee
?
No.131234
131236
>>131233
Silver decides now is a good time to introduce himself.

"Excuse me? Would you happen to be Extra Pair?"
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131235
131236 131237 131238
>>131233
[1d3+5 = 6]<Unarmed strike damage
8d5b21c
?
No.131236
131237 131240
[1d20+4 = 19]
[1d20+3 = 20]
>>131234
"Huh? Oh, yes I am" he says, looking up at Silver. His voice is even higher than Feather Duster's. He seems smaller, and older as well, though younger than Grant or Peer Review, and Faucet is closer in age to any of the three graduate students than Grant or Peer Review

>>131235
He is not out.

They strike Iron with club and knife
8d5b21c
?
No.131237
131238
[2d4+2 = 8]
>>131235
>>131236
Hit and hit. Iron is sliced, and beat
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131238
131239
>>131235
>>131237
Iron takes 8 damage, but it's his turn again
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131239
131241
>>131238
Starting to smile in anticipation, Iron opts to finish the switchblade griffon off with a quick jab at his face, obviously nonlethal yet with a little more force.
[1d20+8 = 22]<Power Attack (-2 to hit for +2 damage) unarmed strike
Silver "The Floof" Sword
954ebee
?
No.131240
131241
>>131236
He offers the stallion a hoofshake, just like the others.

"I am Silver Sword, pony who cleared undead out from this place. I saw you and your team doing work here, and I was curious what you were doing."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131241
131242 131245
>>131239
Another hit

>>131240
He takes a moment, and then shakes his hoof. His hoof shake is very weak
"Oh, yes. I am a graduate student, with the archaeology department. I'm uh, I'm uh taking note of where objects are found, then collecting them for examination for Dr. Grant."
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131242
131243 131244
>>131241
[1d3+7 = 10]<Damage
8d5b21c
?
No.131243
131244
[1d20+3 = 21]
>>131242
Iron's hit lands in the chest, there is an "umph," he staggers back a little, but his hind leg catches on a plank, he stumbles and falls to the side, with a claw over the side of the pier. he does not get up.

The second griffin looks disconcerted, but still encouraged by the injuries to Iron, and he swings at Iron again with his small metal pipe.
8d5b21c
?
No.131244
131246
[1d4+1 = 3]
>>131242
>>131243
Iron, at this point, may be glad the griffin didn't have access to a bigger piece of pipe, as it hits his shoulder
Silver "The Floof" Sword
954ebee
?
No.131245
131248
>>131241
"Oh, found anything interesting?"
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131246
131247
>>131244
The griffin's most recent attempt to beat Iron down only serves to crane his neck at him before turning around and promptly sending anonlethal buck to his chest, deciding it's best to end this.
[1d20+7 = 21]<Power Attack (-3 to hit +3 damage) unarmed strike
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131247
131248 131249
>>131246
Feeling his hooves connect, Iron can't help but crack a frenzied smile as he finishes his motions.
[1d3+8 = 11]<Damage
8d5b21c
?
No.131248
131249 131250 131251
[1d2 = 2]
>>131245
"Well uh, there's a remains of a few equines on the floor, bullet cases, and uh some clothes from an older time periods. It's rather disgusting as the flesh is all mumified. It still has a bad smell to it. And over there is uh, there's a, it's like a burial niche or something. Looks like this site has been pretty disturbed, many times. Early modern construction, I think, but uh, Dr. Grant may have more to say about that."

>>131247
He makes a wheezing sound, and is knocked back for a moment
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131249
131251
>>131247
>>131248
It seems that he is stunned for the next round
Silver "The Floof" Sword
954ebee
?
No.131250
131252
>>131248
Silver nods to the stallion. He looks at the bullet casings on the ground.

"Before us, most recent time it was disturbed was in War, when Equestrians troops were chased inside by New Marelander troops."
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131251
131252
>>131248
>>131249
"Tell your family to better watch their step on these lands," Iron proclaims as he approaches the griffon "or else they will incur the wrath of many like me."
Having said that, he decides to give the beaked felow a boop to their beak, followed by a swift nonlethal punch to their chest.
[1d20+10 = 18]<Unarmed strike
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131252
131253 131254
>>131251
Hit.

>>131250
"I see. Guh! I wonder how much of the damage they did here"
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131253
131255
>>131252
[1d3+5 = 7]<Damage
Silver "The Floof" Sword
954ebee
?
No.131254
131255
>>131252
"I have no clue. Much of damage downstairs was caused by quarrying operations, most likely."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131255
131256 131277
>>131253
As Iron punches him, he collapses and falls onto his belly, head down to the ground

>>131254
"Huh. Well, we just started looking at this place, so I hope we'll find plenty"
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131256
131257
>>131255
Iron lets out a little huff, relaxing slightly before looking at his surroundings for any other potential family member around these parts.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131257
131258
>>131256
No griffins visible outside
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131258
131564
>>131257
"...I figured there would be more here," Iron muses before starting to leisurely walk away from the scene, figuring it might be best to lay low somewhere.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131263
131264 131265 131266
28B40069-B923-49AE-8CEC-9D98D777DBC5.png
Ponies?
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131264
>>131263
More of a horse.
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131265
>>131263
Yes
Amber Sunset
9e8667e
?
No.131266
131267
>>131263
I feel much better now

Amber is amazed by the regal style of this trim and she looks at her reflection in the glass. She goes around to find a door or doorpony.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131267
131271
>>131266
As the building seems to use revolving doors, there is no door pony per se. But entering through the brass trimmed door, Amber sees herself in the lobby, an atrium of at least three stories with black marble walls and tile floors. In the center on the lower level is an elevator bank, to each side are halls that enter under brass doorways to the other two rectangular sections. There is at least one cafe, over to the left. On the wall of the atrium is a nautical map of the world, with Baltimare marked out, and a number of routes across the oceans. To the left are a set of counters with more than one young mare behind them, with their manes pulled back. Above them on the high walls are images of tall masted sailing clippers. To the right are a couple black uniformed guards
Anonymous
9e8667e
?
No.131271
131273 131275
I thought there would be more players. I think everyone is fixated on the suicide of DB

>>131267
Amber widens her eyes in shock as she is quite out of her element here. Indeed the very walls resemble the descriptions of the towers of powerful mages in old legends.
Whoever lives here has got to be really rich…
She trots up to the closest counter and meekly asks, "Hello, may I…may I have a look around?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131273
131274
>>131271
The mare, pink with bright red mane, looks confused for a moment, before simply answering "sure"
Anonymous
9e8667e
?
No.131274
131276
>>131273
She turns left and goes into the first rectangular section.
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131275
>>131271
For me, it is more that I have to wake up early tomorrow, so I can't really start anything. But I hope you have fun. Maybe one day my character will happen upon yours.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131276
131278
>>131274
Entering into this area is a small coffee shop and what looks like cafe serving sandwhichs, salads and the like, as well as another smaller set of elevators. There is also a utility room, and a room that seems to be related to security, but that's further back in the hall on the lower level. Most floors are tile, with walls that are sometimes painted white, but are marble in more prominent public areas, such as a pink marble around the elevator bank
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a68554c
?
No.131277
131280
>>131255
"I imagine there is some to find still. With what you have found, have you come up with any stories about this place?"
Anonymous
9e8667e
?
No.131278
131279 131280
>>131276
Sorry for the inconsistency in posting, I'm involved in the DB drama

Amber tries to peek at the the food prices in the café.
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131279
131280
>>131278
Oof. Hope you can tear them a new asshole in his consciousness. That way they'll be open to all ideas.
All hole, no ass.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131280
131281 131282
>>131277
"Well...." He takes a long pause
"It looks like there's several layers of events here. There's a much older fight, one that took place in the eighth or so century, and one in modern times, at least. There's a crypt here, and an older skeleton, I think"

>>131278
The cafe's prices are inflated from what Amber knows back home by a noticeable margin, but they are not outrageous either

What's the state of affairs now?

>>131279
This
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a68554c
?
No.131281
131283
>>131280
"Oh, I know about battle in eighth century. I gave all of my information to Peer Review when I came across him."
Amber Sunset
9e8667e
?
No.131282
131283
>>131280
DB endorsed BLM in Twitter and announced it would be shutting down comments and "controversial" (read: not supporting BLM) uploads on the site. Needless to say, that part of the userbase which noticed and isn't composed of leftists are freaking out.
Amber goes back the way she came and goes to the other rectangular section.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131283
131284 131287
>>131281
"Oh, well that's very good. Uh, when we are uh handling a normal dig, like a ruined wall or something, there is usually layers of dirt that provide context to each find. Like if there's a coin or something in the one layer, thn you can uh, take a guess as to when that happened, or get a sense of when in relation to the other things. But here, everything is in one place. Modern stuff next to old stuff, and it really looks like this guy was taking stuff from many different places and times and putting it together right here. Like there's some skeletons of what looks like older indigenous ponies, then some other ones that look like they were dead before whatever... whatever this magical stuff here is, and then some that died right here. I mean it's like a crime scene with how everything is laid out, except it isn't like a crime scene, it's like several of them right here in the same space, and you got to figure out what is what. I'm sure Peer Review can figure it out. Especially if there is writings, or something. I just need to mark down where every little thing is found on the floor here."

>>131282
But how big is the backlash?

Besides the mail room - which is in the back, by the way, and Amber wouldn't have noticed it until later - there is a very curious addition. A small museum, which takes up part of the right rectangle, and the center square. A museum to the Tall Sails Shipping Company
Amber Sunset
9e8667e
?
No.131284
131285
>>131283
"I guess I won't be coming here any more" from a lot of people

Amber's eyes light and she enters the museum, her eyes scanning the room.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131285
131286
>>131284
A number of items, including a model of a sailing clipper, a paddle steamer, an enlarged black and white photograph of a harbor scene, and a model of this building itself. There is an older, much older grey stallion in a black suit who seems to be a curator
Amber Sunset
9e8667e
?
No.131286
131288
>>131285
She approaches the venerable stallion. "Hello sir, what can you tell me about this place?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a68554c
?
No.131287
131288
>>131283
"Yes, much of what occured here prior to modern times happened in eighth century. After that it was not disturbed until middle of ninth century when colt named Alabaster got trapped in central chamber and was crushed to death by falling debris, then it was discovered by quarry workers when they blew hole into lower level of structure. One of them died bringing in dynamite."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131288
131289 131291
>>131286
He looks over to her
"Oh, I can tell you much, young filly. This here is the headquarters of the Tall Sails Shipping Company, or the 'Tall Sails' building. Back at the end of the first millennium, the company needed a new, prominent headquarters for its operations and offices, and so decided to build right here, on the old sight of the telegraph offices just three blocks west of Flash Prance Plaza in the commercial district, next to the Celestial Ocean Insurance building, another one of Baltimare's few true Skyscrapers. CEO Strong Winds II commissioned the project and hired Architect Trace Line for the project. The plan they went with was a 38 story 528 foot tall three pronged structure, designed to resemble the three masts of a sailing clipper. Construction started in the Thousandth year after banishment, and was completed 13 months later, almost record time. It is one of the few true Skyscrpapers to be built in Baltimare, it is the tallest, and it is the last. I suspect it will hold that title for a while. In a way its fair. It was the Tall Sails Company more than any one single company that built this city from a fishing village into the industrial heart and capitol of the Equestrian Southeast. And so it is the tallest here as well. We have a cafe, a post office, a security station, and infirmary, and thousands of square feet of office space."

>>131287
He is silent for a moment
"Aww..."
He jumps back in startlement, as Mala enters the light
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a68554c
?
No.131289
131290
>>131288
Silver looks over to Mala, then smiles to Extra Pair.

"Oh, sorry, I forgot to introduce you two. This is my partner, Mala."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131290
131292
>>131289
He looks over to Mala. Mala stands there silently, but then raises his right paw and waves to Extra Pair
"Your... Partner?"
Amber Sunset
9e8667e
?
No.131291
131293
>>131288
Rolling knowledge for historical significance the Tall Sails Shipping Company: [1d20+6 = 13]
"Wow! It's just like a palace, then."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a68554c
?
No.131292
131293
>>131290
Silver nods in the affirmative.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131293
131294 131296
>>131291
She's heard of the name before, but really she doesn't know anything else about the company. Considering how out of sight, out of mind something like international freight is, just knowing the name might be a sign of prominence. Baltimare, as Amber knows, is a manufacturing center for the region built on a natural harbor.

"Like a Palace, you could say that. Home of a King that rules over an ocean. Several oceans, really. But it's a palace no would be usurper dare disturb. Many have come this way. The Storm King's airships, the demoguage from across the sea, the anarchists in their little uprising. A petty dictator, a silver tongue and unruly mob. None dare touch this building, even if they consider it a symbol of 'international capitalism' which they hate. Just the sight reminds them of their place. They know their betters."

>>131292
"Huh" He smiles nervously, then steps forward and puts up a hoof. There's an extended awkward scene as his hoof is left out. Finally, Mala leans forward and shakes his hoof with his own paw. Neither has a firm grip, and it falls quickly.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a68554c
?
No.131294
131295
>>131293
"Did you find where previous occupant was sealed away when your group looked through structure?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131295
131297
>>131294
"Previous occupant...? There's uh, there's a lot of remains in here...."
Amber Sunset
9e8667e
?
No.131296
131298
>>131293
"Wow…" She looks at the old harbor photo curiously as she asks, "I've never heard of this place before, I'm sorry to say. Who lives here?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a68554c
?
No.131297
131299
>>131295
"Err...previous owner, I should say. Joseph Curwhinny. He was in stone casket in his sleeping quarters, here in upper level."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131298
>>131296
"Oh, no one lives here. This is commercial offices for the Tail Sails Company, and a few shared with Eclipse Gulf Insurance."

The photo seems to show crates of what look like fruit, specifically bananas, in the process of being loaded by a crew of ponies and a zebra. In the center of the photograph is a wharf, with a number of crates in the fore, and two ponies and a zebra leaning on the crates, at least pretending to be resting, but one sneaks his eyes towards the camera, which must have been placed not many feet away. To the far right is the edge of warehouse. To the left is a plank that leads up into a freight ship that mostly out of the photo to the left, with the plan extending up. Two stallions carry crates on their back on the plank. Just as the photo seems to focus on the workers. so does the plaque underneath, upon skimming it, talk about the dockyard workers of Baltimare, unionization and so forth.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131299
131301
>>131297
"Oh.... We uh, we didn't see that. At least we didn't know what it was."
Amber Sunset
9e8667e
?
No.131300
131302
"Does Tall Sails really send ships all around the world?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a68554c
?
No.131301
131302
>>131299
"...but you did find location. Or...did you not?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131302
131303 131304
>>131301
"I don't... know?"

>>131300
"Everywhere that isn't blocked off by some ridiculous embargo or other decree, yes. And we have for centuries."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a68554c
?
No.131303
131305
>>131302
After a couple seconds of silence, Silver shrugs, seemingly accepting the question. He looks in the direction of the corridor leading out to where Curwhinny's farm once stood.

"Have you been out in that direction yet?"
Amber Sunset
9e8667e
?
No.131304
131305
>>131302
"Wow! And how many ponies work on these ships? Are there any qualities you're looking for?"

Inb4 this starts playing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmGuy0jievs
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131305
131306 131307
>>131304
"Oh, it can vary. About 35 to fifty on a good size ocean going vessel. This was true in the days of my grandfather when he was on sailing clippers, and its true today with oil powered turbine ships."

>>131303
"Towards the basement? Yes, we have"
Amber Sunset
9e8667e
?
No.131306
131308
>>131305
"How fast can they really go? I bet they're much speedier since they started using oil."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a68554c
?
No.131307
131308
>>131305
"Huh. You really have been everywhere in here."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131308
131309 131310
>>131306
"The current record holder for an ocean liner is Queen Marery at just under 31 knots sustained across the ocean. Of course a freighter, or even a normal passenger liner, will be much slower. But even a big sized freighter will get 17 knots."

>>131307
"Well... briefly. Only the most surface level of examination, if you could even call it that. We'd like to map this all out and record all of the various objects on the floor."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a68554c
?
No.131309
131311
>>131308
"How long are you going to be here to examine this place?"
Amber Sunset
9e8667e
?
No.131310
131311
>>131308
"That's impressive. How can a company keep track of so many ships and all the customs of different lands?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131311
131313
>>131309
"We don't know. We were supposed to be on a dig in the Snake River valley, but this is a detour. It's something like a regulation that requires an archaeological examination before construction can begin on a sight, and we were hired to do that yesterday. The site owner wants it done as soon as possible. With how much... stuff is here, I can't imagine it all being done today. Then there's - there's dead bodies here, that'll have to be interred... I don't know."

>>131310
"Heh" He smiles. "It's all done here in this building. Offices for orders, hiring, harbor dues, shipping manifests... it's all here."
Amber Sunset
9e8667e
?
No.131312
131314
She blinks. "All these offices coordinate thousands of ponies around the world?" She lets out a whistle. "That's incredible…how did it all get started?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a68554c
?
No.131313
131314
>>131311
"Yes. Originally, I came here because I thought there were going to be ponies here helping with gathering and interring remains, but it seems that will not happen at least for little bit."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131314
131315 131318
>>131312
He smiles
"Come over this way"

He walks towards the first display, a painting of a small shop

"It all started back in 687, in Fillydelphia, when an enterprising young stallion named Venturing Spirit realized there were a lot of good way up north that would sell very well if brought down south. So he collected enough money to buy a sailing cog, and sailed it up to the outpost up North. When he returned he made a lot of money on the resale, and after a couple more trips he bought a few more ships, transporting grain and timber from Saint Petershoof and Trottingham, and sending paper, whiskey and finished goods back up north. Legend has it he collected that money by being a great gambler at card games, while others say he was just good at convincing ponies to loan to him. I don't know if that's true, but he gambled right on starting that company. It was all operated out of here, in a little shop on Liberty Street in Fillydelphia. Called his company 'Celestial Shippings.'"

He places a hoof next to the painting, which is a realist style depiction of a two story brick building in a line of buildings

>>131313
"Well, for remains we mostly just need to know where they were and how they died. Preferably who they were, but they still have priority to be interred. There might be some help with that, I don't know."
Amber Sunset
9e8667e
?
No.131315
131316 131319
>>131314
687?

I wish I had that much success with ponies loaning to me…
"He must have been a genius. Is that shop still around today?" She gestures to the painting.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131316
131317
>>131315
"Ugh... No. It was lost in a fire back in 824."
Amber Sunset
9e8667e
?
No.131317
131319
>>131316
She frowns and nods. "What an incredible company. For how long have you been working here?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a68554c
?
No.131318
131319
>>131314
"Most were killed by ghasts I would assume, with most of those becoming ghasts themselves."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131319
131320 131321
>>131315
Reee

>>131317
"Me? Oh, about 40 years. Started as a deckhoof on one of those old coal power steamers. Sometime after I got married I moved into a position with the offices."

>>131318
He is silent for a moment
"Huh.... Well, at least some of them were already dead before. At least it looks like that."
Amber Sunset
9e8667e
?
No.131320
131322
>>131319
"What was it like to sail the world?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a68554c
?
No.131321
131322
>>131319
"Some were, yes. Most likely those Curwhinny turned into ghasts, himself."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131322
131323 131325
>>131320
"Oh it could vary, Some were strange lands with stranger creatures, some were exotic, wondrous locales with fine, exotic mares, and some were kind of poor, or ugly. But most were a brief stop before being put back on a tin can and sent across the ocean to do it again. There's an adventure to it, even though it could be hard work on a ship, keeping the engine running. Scary too at times, there were a few storms and a wicked rogue wave. I certainly don't regret doing it, but I don't regret settling down either."

>>131321
He again is silent for a moment
"You know. I didn't think necromancers were real. You know, like one of those stories ponies make up. Like a, uh, a fairy tail."
Amber Sunset
9e8667e
?
No.131323
131324
>>131322
The yellow pony grins. "That sounds like a fine adventure, but I think I'd rather stay on land. What did you do for office work?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131324
131328
>>131323
He nods
"Most of what I did was getting ships checked into customs, and something like a paraegal for contracts and working with trade laws."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a68554c
?
No.131325
131326
>>131322
Silver nods.

"Oh, they are real. Very rare in Equestria, but real. Almost all are in Dread League in Griffonia. I would not worry about, however."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131326
131327
>>131325
He has a look of concern
"oh... kay? I won't... worry then?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a68554c
?
No.131327
131329
>>131326
He gives Extra Pair a sheepish smile.

"Heheh...sorry. I am not so good with talking."
Amber Sunset
9e8667e
?
No.131328
131329
>>131324
"I don't understand any of that, I'm afraid, but working here must've been swell if you've done it so long. How long have you taken care of this museum?"

I feel like I oughta watch the Three Stooges again to get a feel for the lingo used at the time
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131329
131330 131331
>>131327
"That's... alright. I'm not much good either. It's why I'm here an not assisting a lecture this semester."

>>131328
"Seven years now. Executives thought we could use a museum to to teach those that ventured by about our history, with how so many are ignorant about what this company has done."
Amber Sunset
9e8667e
?
No.131330
131332
>>131329
"I wish you were featured more in history books. You've been bringing goods from all o'er the world to folks who want them, and risking your lives while doing it. Having such a grand palace is a nice perk though, even if nopony actually lives in it. I'm guessin' it's a bit like how regional palaces are used by parliaments now even if alicorns don't live in them anymore…"
Hopefully that last sentence is correct, if not then just leave it out
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a68554c
?
No.131331
131332
>>131329
"Heh, I suppose we have that in common. Anyways, it was nice meeting you, Extra Pair. I have to go now, but I wish you and your team good luck in your future endeavors!"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131332
131334
>>131330
"Well, I don't know aout Parliments and alicorns. But I can tell ou we've been the backbone of this city since Curwhinny moved operations here from Fillydelphia in back in 727, and it's going to remain that way for a long time. At least, I don't expect to see it fall."

>>131331
"Uh... Okay. Thanks, you too."

Mala steps forward a step towards Extra Pair. But then he follows Silver.
Amber Sunset
9e8667e
?
No.131333
131337
Amber's ears, poking out of her green headscarf, twitch forward. "Who is this Curwhinny?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a68554c
?
No.131334
131335 131337
>>131332
He heads back the way he came. Along the way, he pokes his head in the library where Faucet is.

"Oh, where are are you staying while you are here in Baltimare?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131335
131336
>>131334
She seems to be inspecting the desk itself, and has evidently gone through the drawers. She pokes her head up, with her eyes reflecting back in the light
"Well, I had hoped to stay with a pony I knew back in grad school... but we all are at the Old Springs hotel, about a dozen blocks down."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a68554c
?
No.131336
131337
>>131335
He smiles at her.

"I would like to get to know you better sometime before you left, if you wanted. You seem like very nice pony."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131337
131338 131348 131351
>>131334
Damn it

>>131333
"Well, you see, the Tall Sails company has been a public corporation for most of its existence. I own stock myself. But although it's a public corporation its also always been something of a family company, with members of the family being CEO, or on the board, or having their opinions taken into consideration. Most of them, anyways. And, well, Venture Spirit, who was the founder as I said, he had a son named Still Water, who expanded the company a little bit to running along more of the Equestrian East Coast. He even did a little bit all the way to the Deer Land, or to the Dominion. But he didn't have a son to leave the company to. But his daughter, she fancied an employee in contracts, and he was savy enough that, well, when Still Water died of illness back in 725 and his daughter inherited the company, he was left to manage it. Now, you say Venture was a genius. Curwhinny was a genius. He found shorter sailig routes, bought faster clippers, and was good at figuring out which markets were ripe with potential. It was Curwhinny, more than any single pony, who built the company up to its modern form. It was he who moved the center of operations to Baltimare - although the Fillydelphia brach has always been strong, even if the recession of 861 almost resulted in that branch being shut down. It was he who truly made the company intercontinental, sending Equestrian finished goods across the ocean, and returning with tea from Hindia, fine wares from the Kirin lands, cotton from Maregypt, incense from Saddle Arabia, wine from Aquelia and Wingbardy, Wool from the Dominion, and furniture from Olenia. It was his ships that carried the explorers, or some of the first Equestrian explorers at least to the tombs of the lands of Sonambula. And his ships, more than probably most of any one else at least, started to build up the Dominion. Well, it wasn't a Royal Domion yet, but the colony was turned from a simple land of exiles to a land producing wool, cotton, and indigo by his line of trade. He even established an office in New Manehattan."

He moves around the room
"Now if you look over here, you won't see a portrait of him, and the information on the plaque about him is only a few lines long. He was fairly controversial, even back then, for his participation in the slave trade, sending Macaws, Minotaurs, and Zebras supplied by Colthage to many places. But that was perfectly legal back then, at least in the places he traded to. And what else could he do? He was competing against places like Skyfall, which of course were doing the same. Hate it all you want, but the profits from that paid for the riskier ventures like buying the clippers that brought tea to Manehattan, the galleons that sent wheat to Las Pegasus, or immigrants to the colony. Bad weather, piracy, and especially seizure of ships in war could wipe out capital quickly. This was a risk that plagued him and all of his followers... it still does. He was also controversial for his eccentricities in his personal life - never mind that - and for alleged smuggling operations past certain tarriffs. Equestria's Griffonian colony wasn't cheap to run, and they didn't have an income tax to pay for a bloated budget, so they imposed tariffs on items exported - not just imported from but exported to the Dominion, and some ponies - who may or may not include Curwhinny tried to get past it by smuggling. An unjust law like that is no law anyways. The Dominion still has not forgiven its motherland for that series of laws, not like they ended.

Anyways, Woodhill died, as did all of her children, and so ended the line of Venturing Spirit. But Curwhinny married again, and had a son. This son was none other than Tall Sails, who may not have been a genius like his father was, but he grew the company over its long tenure,, and renamed the company after himself since the 'celestial shipping company's' name was partly tarnished by his father's trade in slaves, harsh hiring practices, and eccentricities when he stepped away from managing the company in his later years.

And now, many of the CEOs of the company have been the direct descendants of Tall Sails, including Strong Winds II, who commissioned this skyscraper."

>>131336
She blushes, and lowers herself behind the desk until part of her face is blocked. Mala walks around closer towards her.
"You - you do?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a68554c
?
No.131338
131339
>>131337
Silver nods, and beams a warm smile in her direction.

"Yes I would. What do you think? Would you like to later, after you are done here for day?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131339
131357
>>131338
She recovers, and stands up
"Uh... Sure. You seem to have quite a bit of familiarity with this place. I could learn quite a bit about it talking with you."
Amber Sunset
9e8667e
?
No.131348
131350
1337 post
Also I hope Sven joins us

>>131337
Amber blinks and tries to pick apart this condensed information. Were shipping companies highly relevant to Equestrian politics abroad in the last 200 years?
Rolling Knowledge (History): [1d20+6 = 24]
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131350
>>131348
A few kitties need cuddling

Prior to the Twilight administration, Equestria was non-interventionist or even politically isolationist, with only a limited concern for other nations. However - save for a few territorial disputes, wars of expansion, and raids against Equestria - when Equestria did concern itself with other nations, it usually involved ships. Piracy, the slave trade, seizure of ships, searches of ships, the sinking of ships, and the denial of trade by ships is connected with many of Equestria's wars and foreign policy over the past millennium. Tariffs are a whole other issue that have generated quite a bit of dispute internally and internationally, especially with New Mareland. As for what role the shipping companies themselves played, well, they seem to have been mostly involved only incidentally, at least in most cases.
Amber Sunset
9e8667e
?
No.131351
131352
>>131337
"That's a lot to take in! It does take a lot of talent to navigate such a stormy sea." She thinks for a moment. "How was Curwhinny so eccentric that the name of the whole company was changed?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131352
>>131351
"Well, the slave trade issue and some of his decisions regarding sailors' pay and discipline at sea were really probably the biggest causes of problems with reputation. But he'd go himself to the far north of Griffonia, or to Feathesia, or to Hyenia, and he'd send for mummies from Sonambula, or artifacts from the far north. He'd keep wild animals, or a few slaves as personal attendants. The Stallion just had a few interests, and ponies thought it was weird. But the worst of it was in 771, where there was a minor revolt in Baltimare against the new taxes. There were taxes on good transferred within Equestria, you see, like cane sugar down south, goods sent over to the Dominion, or whiskey. There was a belief he was using these taxes to keep out competition while, according to a rumor that has never in a quarter of a millennium been verified, he was smuggling goods himself. There was a clash with customs and violence against him. A few sailors he had fired or whatever, or had grudges joined in, and well, Curwhinny was killed. Unfortunately it wouldn't be the last time envy lead to violence."
Amber Sunset
9e8667e
?
No.131353
131354
Amber grimaces. "Oh dear, I'm sorry I asked." She looks around the museum. "Well, thank you very much for telling me all about Tall Sails."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131354
131355
>>131353
He looks at her strangely, holding a slight grimace. Then he responds to her
"Always a pleasure, telling the truth"

The museum has other details, such as concerning the items traded, facts about ships, facts about dockyard workers and conditions about sailing ships, facts about littoral paddle wheel steamers, and about unionization in Baltimare. Models include a sailing clipper, a bag of sugar, and a paddle steamer, as well as a big portrait of Tall Sails himself
Amber Sunset
9e8667e
?
No.131355
131356
>>131354
Such topics are not terribly interesting to Amber. She says goodbye to the curator and heads back to the center of the building.

Going to call it here, busy day and it feels awkward without any other players
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131356
>>131355
Aww, okay. I can try to get other players...

He nod to her, with an expression of confidence and strength

"Come again anytime."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131357
131358
>>131339
Silver chuckles, and waves at her.

"Alright, sounds great with me. I will see you later."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131358
131362
>>131357
"Uh, alright!"
She tries to smile, but it's kind of awkward
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131362
131363
>>131358
He chuckles, and leaves the catacombs. His next stop: 33 Hoebuck.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131363
131364
>>131362
And what happens with the sword?
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131364
131365
>>131363
...fuck. Forgot to resolve that. Uhh...

I suppose Silver first goes to Grant about the sword.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131365
131366
>>131364
Silver is able to walk outside to find Dr. Grant marking things on a notebook, while Feather Duster has moved into the room inside of the catacombs next to the quarry, with an electric lantern
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131366
131367
>>131365
Silver trots up to Grant.

"Is there any way I might convince you to part with sword?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131367
131368
>>131366
"Part with the sword? Like this were some sort of pawn shop, where you just trot up and buy things?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131368
131369
>>131367
"...I know of no other way to say it. Besides just 'what would let me take sword'."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131369
131370
>>131368
He pulls his lips back in a sort of laugh.
"Sir, this is a historical artifact that is irreplaceable."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131370
131371
>>131369
"It is also completely functional sword that can be used to save lives and protect innocent ponies. It can not do that behind glass case in museum."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131371
131374
>>131370
"Functional?! Functional to use against what?"

Feather Duster slowly walks up
Anonymous
8640ef4
?
No.131372
131373
Oy oy oy! Good goys play dnd instead of impregnating woman.

I will return soon I promise. Just been busy. I do want to continue with the cats.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131373
21e.gif
>>131372
*is excite calmly*
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131374
131375
>>131371
"Whatever threatens innocent lives. Bandits, monsters...even dragons, if what Professor Faucet told me about this sword is true."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131375
131376
>>131374
"And what even did she tell you?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131376
131377 131378
>>131375
"This sword belongs to order of knights from 6th century called Husaks who originally came from Earth Pony homelands and migrated south to this region. They used these swords to protect migrants in this region, chiefly from dragons, which is why this greatsword has such heft to it. It was designed to protect ponies from dragons, and every other thread beneath them."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131377
>>131376
*threat
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131378
131379
>>131376
"Well, then you see how it has a significant degree of history behind it"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131379
131380
>>131378
"And you do not see how it would do more good being used rather than put on display?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131380
131381
>>131379
"And that's another thing. Dragons are not 'monsters to be slain.' They are noble creatures in their own right, victimized by the loss of their territory over centuries, and by more direct subjugation and oppression recently. More weapons and more bloodshed are not going to help any of that at all."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131381
131382
>>131380
"That is entirely different discussion in its own right. Not considering dragons, there are many, persistant threats that still affect ponykind that can only be stopped by weapons and ponies willing wield them. We are standing in aftermath in one such threat. Just few neighborhoods over, I was part of group that, two days ago, stopped dangerous Maarist cult that was actively sacrificing victims to their 'god'. To our south, in Jungles your group is going to, there is much dangerous wildlife as well as potential bandits looking for plunder."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131382
131383
>>131381
"Maarists?" he looks confused for a moment

"First, it looks to me like an abundance of weapons has lead to more danger in the world. Do you really think multiplying the number of weapons will help end violence? It can only perpetuate it. But this isn't really a simple 'weapon.' This is a part of history, of this region and this particular site. If you think you need a weapon for... reasons, there are many of them already out there for you to use. What is that behind you? You already have a weapon? Well, there you go."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131383
131384 131386
>>131382
"This is not about stopping violence, or 'multiplying weapons'. This is about protecting others. And yes, it has historical value, but if you are going to display it in museum you could just as well use replica to show others what it looks like."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131384
131386 131403
>>131383
"Is that the sort of world you want to live in, where there are no remnants or pieces of past eras, just cheap wood, cardboard and plastic cutouts and replicas? Would you feel the same way about the castles? Is that what you would want your children, or your grandchildren to see? How would we even make a replica? We don't have an exact version of that sword. It may well be unique? And furthermore, can you not find a meta replica yourself? That would be just as good for... whatever it is you are wanting to do."
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131386
>>131384
>>131383
Ooh boy. Is Grant going to gun down Silver sooner than expected?
Anonymous
94e2032
?
No.131389
131390 131391
69F47F93-D0C8-45F5-A2F2-2A63F18AC707.jpeg
Ponies?
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131390
>>131389
I'm a bit tired tonight, but tomorrow I'll try to make it.
Amber Sunset
ceae8ed
?
No.131391
131392
>>131389
Amber goes up to one of the receptionists in the center of the building. "Hello?"
Anonymous
94e2032
?
No.131392
131393
>>131391
She tilts her head up
“Yes?”
Amber Sunset
ceae8ed
?
No.131393
131394
>>131392
"Is the whole building all for Tall Sails?"
Anonymous
94e2032
?
No.131394
131395
>>131393
“They’ve leased out a few undies offices to Eclipse Gulf insurance. Aside from that, and the cafe, coffee shop on post office on the first floor, this is all Tall Sails”
Amber Sunset
ceae8ed
?
No.131395
131396
>>131394
Her eyes widen in surprise. "It has to be spectacular to work for a company with ships all o'er the world and a whole palace to itself. Like working in Canterlot, almost."
Anonymous
94e2032
?
No.131396
131397
>>131395
“I don’t know about Canterlot. Never been there. 9 to 5, they are pretty strict on how you can have your hair or dress, not a lot of smoke breaks. Pay is so so. Very anti-union. It’s air conditioned though.”
Amber Sunset
ceae8ed
?
No.131397
131398
>>131396
That's pretty matter of fact…
"Um, okay. Have a nice day!"
Amber starts to leave the building.
Anonymous
94e2032
?
No.131398
131399
>>131397
>too matter of fact
Well that’s not encouraging...

She nods, and looks back down to whatever she was doing, seems like reading a magazine behind a raised portion of the counter.
Amber thus leaves the building, with no impediment aside from a revolving door blocking her
https://youtu.be/3bQnxlHZsjY
Amber Sunset
ceae8ed
?
No.131399
131400
>>131398
Amber has some trouble leaving through the revolving door. She spins around it a few times, attracting perplexed gazes from nearby ponies. However, she eventually succeeds and as her dizziness fades she tries to think about where she ought to go.

Up to you, GM
Anonymous
94e2032
?
No.131400
131406
>>131399
And so Amber finds herself back on the street. She is, as Jean Paul Sartre said, “condemned to freedom,” with perhaps a world of possible directions before her, not imposing identity or purpose on her, but rather forcing her to, through her own choices, create it.
Amber Sunset
ceae8ed
?
No.131401
131402 131404 131407
Sorry GM, but it's just more fun when it's multiplayer
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131402
>>131401
'Sup.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131403
131405
>>131384
Silver's expression goes blank for a few seconds as he thinks on a few points to argue. One comes up.

"You do not own this sword."
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131404
131406
>>131401
Don’t give up just yet. Our GM is very good at coming up with fun things to do if you give him a chance.
Anonymous
94e2032
?
No.131405
131409
>>131403
“Well, we found it. So we own it, yes. And if we didn’t, well, it belongs to the regional government. Either way, it should go to the public as a part of history.”
Amber Sunset
ceae8ed
?
No.131406
131407 131519
>>131400
So long as there's still daylight out Amber will trot to the northeast.

>>131404
Of course I know that. I was worried it would be just back-and-forth here.
Anonymous
94e2032
?
No.131407
131408 131425
>>131401
>>131406
Are you saying you want you character to meet up with another, or...

This area has several more factories, or at least what seem to be factories. They are larger brick building with fewer windows, and sometimes, but not always, smoke stacks. There are more individual buildings, or buildings separated from each other by more than just the road blocks. Dark brick buildings dominate, at is seems to be mostly apartment buildings.
Amber Sunset
ceae8ed
?
No.131408
131410
>>131407
I could have implied it better, but I was hoping to meet up with Fantasy Play by chance.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131409
131410 131413
>>131405
"No, you do not. By that logic, I would be owner since it was my actions that led to that knight's demise."
Anonymous
94e2032
?
No.131410
131426
>>131408
Okay...

>>131409
“Well, if you killed the knight, that would be robbery and murder.”
He blinks a couple times, evidently realizing he is off topic
“Let me ask you this - did you find it?”
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131413
>>131409
Boop the stallion and bounce.
Anonymous
94e2032
?
No.131423
131424 131425
6C1955F1-4BB8-42A0-B4E7-817A1F88309F.png
Anypony here?
Anonymous
7a47f50
?
No.131424
better.png
>>131423
Neigh~
Anonymous
ceae8ed
?
No.131425
131450
>>131423
>>131407
Amber frowns as she looks around at this neighborhood she enters, and tries to see any buildings of particular interest.
4042ecb
?
No.131426
131427
[1d20-1 = 2]
>>131410
Bluff: "Yes."
Anonymous
94e2032
?
No.131427
131428
>>131426
He looks... unconvinced

Feather Duster, who so far has been silent, now adds in a few words of his own
“What’s wrong with a rifle?”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131428
131429
>>131427
Silver looks at him, and actually smiles.

"Nothing at all. I am not so bad with rifle myself."

He pats his greatsword.

"It is just not what I have trained with since I was foal."
Anonymous
94e2032
?
No.131429
131430
>>131428
“Huh” he seems almost confused. “Then what do you need the old sword for?”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131430
131431
>>131429
He looks to the sword in question.

"I have done more helping or protecting ponies - people - in past week than I have in very long time. My companion, Mala, could attest to that, I hope. And it has nearly cost me my life more than once. Perhaps it is selfish of me, but if I hope to save any more, I will need to be stronger, be better...and have better equipment."
Anonymous
94e2032
?
No.131431
131432
>>131430
“Well, I can’t really say myself. I’ve never picked up a rifle or a sword. When I got my draft notice, I went to graduate school for the deferment.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131432
131433
>>131431
"Ah. You are heading to jungles, yes? It might be good idea to practice little bit. Self-defense is always useful skill to have."
Anonymous
94e2032
?
No.131433
131434
>>131432
Feather Duster looks to be the most physically capable of all of the ponies there, being the largest and the most muscular appearing, albeit not by a very wide margin

“Nah, it’ll be fine. The Equestrian military came in and cleared the jungles maybe a year ago.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131434
131435
>>131433
He shrugs, and accepts the answer.

"Alright, it is your choice. I would still recommend it, however."
Anonymous
94e2032
?
No.131435
131436
>>131434
Feather Duster just gives an “eh..” and moves ever so slightly back, turning his attention to Mala. It’s Dr. Grant who announces “Oh, Dr. Faucet, you’re here now.” The small, yellow pony appears through the hole in the granite wall, with an almost curious expression
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131436
131437
>>131435
He looks to the small professor, and smiles wide.

"Oh, hello Faucet!"
Anonymous
94e2032
?
No.131437
131438
>>131436
She looks back to Silver and makes eye contact. She retains a more buyer so expression.
“Dr. Faucet? Did you examine the artifact?”
”There were a few lone pages. I believe belonging to seven books, with a very high rate of damage. Other books were re-“
“I mean the sword this gentlepony wants to claim.”
”Oh. Yes. It has the insignia of the Order of Saint George. Judging by the insignia I would estimate an origin between the fifth and seventh centuries. Swords are not my area of expertise so I can’t say much else professionally. But the thing is do shinny it must be either magic, ceremonial, or a modern forgery or replica.”
“So you would say it’s a significant artifact for the time period?”
”Well, it’s an insight into the weaponry and insignia of the militant orders of the Equestrian church at the time. It’s very expensive to produce, likely infused with magic. It would have been hooves down from generation to generation rather than replaced. Probably only a few hundred were ever made in Southeast Equestria. Each one could be unique in some regard, like insignia Maybe some more in Northern Equestria.”
“And so these are very rare?”
”They are shinny enough that no one throws them away once they have one. There a few on display, but I bet there are many in the basements of aristocratic families in Canterlot or elsewhere. I
There’s probably a dozen of these kinds of swords that are lying around in dragon hordes, in the Badlands”

Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131438
131439
>>131437
Silver looks between the two professors during their discussion.
Anonymous
94e2032
?
No.131439
131440
>>131438
Dr. Grant looks back to him
“And so you heard her. It’s a valuable artifact”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131440
131441
>>131439
"Yes, and it is also sword. One which you do not legally own."
Anonymous
94e2032
?
No.131441
131442
>>131440
“But we do. We found [email protected]
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131442
131443
>>131441
"I dispatched ghast who had it. I also gave all information I had on this place to Peer Review, who denied me payment."
Anonymous
94e2032
?
No.131443
131444
>>131442
“I don’t know what deals you made with Peer Review. Bring that up with him. But this is still an archeological sure, and you can’t just take souvenirs.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131444
131450
>>131443
"It is not legally archaeology site. You never went and had it made as such."
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131445
I doubt I can make it any time this week.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a68554c
?
No.131446
131447 131448
*mlems the ponies*
Anonymous
94e2032
?
No.131447
>>131446
*is mlemmed*
Yay!
Anonymous
c9358ce
?
No.131448
>>131446
is also mlemmed
Amber Sunset
dcfa57f
?
No.131449
is mlemmed in addition
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131450
131451 131452
>>131444
"Well, this place could certainly qualify!" He seems a bit riled
"But either way, a sword like this belongs on display"

>>131425
I mean... it's been a comparatively busy last few days, so thinking of new things to place in the world has been a bit meh. I don't have any landmarks in that area in mind aside from maybe two specific factories and a refinery, if those would even be considered interesting. But I also don't want there to suddenly be something interesting in that area later and everyone is left with the question "why wasn't that mentioned before?" With the Tall Sails building at least it's very briefly referenced as existing in Adrian Cloudbuster and Fantasy Play's first view of Baltimare, so when I decided "Baltimare needs a landmark visible anywhere" it at least had been already kind of set up
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131451
131453
>>131450
"Sword like this deserves to be used."
Amber Sunset
dcfa57f
?
No.131452
>>131450
Understandable. I should realize that this is Dungeons and Dragons, not City Tourist Simulator 2020™
I have an important paper to write regardless so it's probably best I don't play for the next few days.

Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131453
131454
>>131451
He sighs
"You can take it up with Peer Review, if you really must."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131454
131455
>>131453
Silver looks at him for a second, nods, and heads for Peer Review's tent.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131455
131456
>>131454
"Well, we'll see if he thinks any differently. This is an important part of the dig, and it belongs to the World as a collective part of its history. I know where I stand, as the second-most senior faculty member present, but he has final say. I doubt he'll think any differently."
He looks around, though his target is a bit unclear
"Come, ponies."
Faucet jumps out into the light, her long, wrapped tail behind her. Feather Duster turns and starts his own way a couple seconds later
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131456
131457
>>131455
Silver goes up to him once he arrives.

"I believe I have found something that would serve as compensation."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131457
131458
>>131456
Peer Review is looking down at, of course, the letters, along with Loans, who is right next to him. Grant walks up with determination, while Faucet slinks behind him, and Feather Duster walks up with a smile on his face. Mala trails behind Silver, walking beside and behind Silver in a "blind spot" just beyond his peripheral vision

Peer Review looks up at Silver, through his glasses
"What do you mean?"

Grant speaks
"We found a sword. Very ornate, rather rare, belonging to the Order of Saint George, I think it was, though Dr. Faucet could tell you more. This pony here wants to take it. As a weapon, apparently."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131458
131459
>>131457
Silver nods.

"It is not sword designed to be put up on display, but rather to protect others. And I am one of few people who know how to properly wield it."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131459
131460
>>131458
Peer Review Answers
"Mr.... Silver? Did you say your name was? All pieces of a dig site are clues to what happened before. They are like puzzle pieces to the past, and it's harder to tell what was there without them. They are not simple tools. I assure you there are plenty of those out there."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131460
131461
>>131459
Silver looks between them both.

"...so, you would both place putting it on display like trinket over having it be used as it was intended to protect innocent lives?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131461
131462
>>131460
Peer Review
"There are weapons of war produced everyday, and en masse. What they are not making are more of are relics like these. Putting them on display would serve well to illustrate to the creatures of the world that the horrors of the present are not unique to our age, but were endemic in the Monarchist, older era just as surely. Lest they think the past should be any guide to our future."
4042ecb
?
No.131462
131463
[1d20-1 = 11]
>>131461
Silver closes his eyes, takes a deep breath, and looks again at Peer Review while trying to be as persuasive as he can.

Diplomacy: "You said you do not get much money for your work, yes? And before you were sidetracked to here, your group was to explore Tenochitlan? Perhaps we can come to agreement. I can give you extra Bits to fund this expedition in exchange for you letting me have sword unmolested. With those Bits, you could find far more artifacts of significantly more historical value than this sword."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131463
131464
>>131462
He moves his eyebrows together
"We do not sell artifacts, they are donated to museums, remain at the university for study, or other similar fates. Donations are appreciated, to be sure, but we can't sell artifacts."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131464
131465
>>131463
"And there is no way you would ever change your mind on this?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131465
131466
>>131464
"I was just presented with this... quandary. I don't know exactly what this thing is, I couldn't even guess it's worth if it were ever sold, but I suspect this is a find from this area. And I wish to maintain the integrity of the site as far as possible"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131466
131467
>>131465
"Even though you owe me for willingly providing letters to you that spell out entire history of this location, letters I risked life and limb for to acquire, without which you never would have discovered anything about site's history?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131467
131468
>>131466
Peer Review:
"Well... I wouldn't, I wouldn't, I wouldn't say it like that, no, we could certainly find - What is it you want, exactly?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131468
131469
>>131467
Silver mutters something under his breath that to a keen listener sounds like an apology before looking at Peer Review with stern eyes.

"I want compensated for my work, like any other employee or contractor. And if I cannot have compensation, then I do not see why you are entitled to fruit of my labor."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131469
131470
>>131468
Pear Faucet mumbles something herself, while Mala, Feather Duster, and Mr. Loans listen. Dr. Grant looks as if he wishes to join the discussion, but does not interrupt.

Peer Review looks back
"Well... I would implore you to think of the common good in brining this pieces of history to light."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131470
131471 131472
>>131469
"And I would implore you to consider that this is my livelihood. Do you ask taxi driver to give you ride and then not pay him 'for common good'? Do you stay at hotel and not pay owner 'for common good'? Is it in interest of common good to deny hard working pony compensation they deserve for work they do?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131471
>>131470
He blinks, and has a very serious expression. Grant drags his right forehoof along the ground. Feather Duster has a wide smile, Mr Loans winces moves his head about uneasily, Mala comes forward next to Silver, and Pear hangs back silently.

Peer Review:
"What is your bargain?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131472
131473
>>131470
Silver matches his expression, and trots forward to the table to be within reach of the letters.

"When I trot away from here, it will either be with sword, or it will be with letters. It is your choice, I can offer to give these letters to Tall Sails Company in exchange for payment should you so choose."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131473
131474
>>131472
"Alright. Fine. We surrender any claim we may have to that shinny sword. That doesn't necessarily make it yours, because if it actually belongs to the Equestrian Church, or to the Successors of the Equestrian Monarchy, we can do nothing about that. But leaving these letters with us would go a great way to deciphering the history of this region."

Grant:
"You can't leave it! That's part of the site"

Peer Review raises a foreleg, and a hoof, in the direction of Dr. Grant. After a moment, Dr. Grant stops, and stops talking. After a brief glance to Grant, Peer Review returns to staring at Silver. His hoof goes down with an almost slam on top of the letters. Mala's ears go up, and he moves further forward, besides Silver. This seems to concern Mr. Loans, who moves back half a step, though a table remains between Mala and Silver and Peer Review and Loans.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131474
131475
>>131473
Silver places a foreleg in front of Mala to keep him back, looks to Peer Review, and gives him a single, firm nod.

"Very well. I am glad we have come to understanding, and I hope you have good day."

He turns to leave the tent with the sword in his possession, motioning for Mala to follow. Pear Faucet sees him flash a brief, remorseful, apologetic look in her direction before he returns to looking forward sternly as he exits.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131475
131476
>>131474
"And to you too" Peer Review says

And so, Silver walks away with the Saint George's Greatsword, but without the letters. Mala rushes to follow him, then evidently stops and turns around, then comes back following Silver.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131476
131477
>>131475
Silver remains like he is until they leave the site of the quarry. There on the road out of the area, Mala sees him stop in front of him, shake a little, put a hoof to his forehead, and faint.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131477
131478
>>131476
Silver feels a paw poking him. Kind of soft, but still

poke poke poke
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131478
131479
>>131477
"Eurgh..."

He shakes his head slowly, and looks up at the Mala poking him.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131479
131480
>>131478
The big, black-brown eyes look down on him
"Are you okay?" He asks
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131480
131481
>>131479
"Wha...yes, yes, I am fine, just...help me up, please."

He holds a hoof up to request assistance.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131481
131482
>>131480
Mala extends a paw to help Silver, and Silver can feel the soft pads, fluffy top, and trimmed nails. He pulls up Silver with what seems like little effort.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131482
131483
>>131481
He steadies himself against Mala's body for a short time after getting up. He looks gratefully.

"I am sorry, I just have not been like that since before I retired."

He levitates the sword he acquired before the pair.

"But...it was worth it."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131483
131484
>>131482
"That is a nice sword" Mala says, looking at it, before diverting his eyes away. "You didn't even have to fight them over it." Then he turns his head "What do you mean you haven't 'been like that'?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131484
131485
>>131483
"As adventurer...there will be times when you will encounter person who will be unreasonable, or who just otherwise tries to take advantage of you when you request compensation. When that happens, you put your hoof down - or paw, in your case - even if it means not following tenants of Harmony by being selfish or unkind. I just have not been like that since I retired from adventuring, I had almost forgotten about it."

He smiles at Mala.

"I suppose since I have come out of retirement, I will have to relearn it, yes?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131485
131486
>>131484
"Those ponies, the black-winged one had a small rake and a gardening shovel, but none of them had any guns, any machettes, or any other weapons I could see. It looks like we could have taken these things. I hope I did my part in intimidating them."

He kind of smiles back
"I like that about you. You are old, but you choose to live a second life, like you are young again. Many creatures do not even get to live a first life, when they are young. They are denied. But you take a second one."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131486
131487
>>131485
"Hmm, perhaps we could have. But there are ways to get what you want without violence, as you saw."

He pets Mala around the ears.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131487
131488
>>131486
Mala smiles and closes his eyes, as Silver pets around Mala's diamond shaped ears
"Like the threat of violence?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131488
131489
>>131487
"Not exactly. Threats only have power when backed by promise of action. It is more by leveraging what other party wants against what you want that I refer to. If they will not provide what you want, then you will not provide what they want. It is simple as that. Peer Review wanted letters, and I wanted sword."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131489
131490
>>131488
"Well, I'm not particularly smart, or likeable, or strong willed, so I'll let you deal with that. But ponies are afraid of me, and I really can crack bone if you need me too. So I am here if you need any of that"
He sits down
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131490
131491
>>131489
He chuckles and smiles at him.

"I am not so smart myself, but I appreciate that, Mala. I am glad to have you with me."

He seems to stop and think for a moment before he takes his own sheathed greatsword off of his body. He looks down at it.

"This sword was forged by my father when I turned 18 and decided to leave to become adventurer. He gave it to me, to start me off well on my new life, and I have had it ever since."

He looks up at Mala, and holds his greatsword out to him.

"And now...I want you to have it, to start you off well on your own new life as adventurer."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131491
131492
>>131490
He opens his jaw partly, showing his array of sharp and jagged teeth. His eyes grow big, not that it's easy to see through his pupils. His ears turn and lock onto Silver
"You really mean it?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131492
131493
>>131491
Silver nods.

"Yes, I do."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131493
131494
>>131492
He lights up, and delicately bites around the grip to take it
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131494
131495
>>131493
Silver smiles, and lets Mala take the sword.

"I can also show you how to wield this sword sometime, if you ever decided to use it."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131495
131513
>>131494
He removes the sword from his mouth, and places it in a holding position in his paw
"I think I got this"
He reaches for his belt with his mouth, and pulls out a mouth guard, which he awkwardly moves around in his mouth. Then he takes the great sword, places it in his mouth, and swings it around, and stabs it in a few moves. It seems he has at least some familiarity with how to use swords, even if the larger sized sword is newer to him
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131496
131497 131498
Any silly ponies?
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131497
>>131496
How silly?
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131498
131499 131504 131517
1BDE38BB-8CB5-49FC-AD57-451AD10F6AB2.gif
>>131496
Anonymous
dcfa57f
?
No.131499
131500
>>131498
This campaign are we going to be visiting the positive/negative energy planes?
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131500
131501
>>131499
Uh... There's no current plans for that... why?
Anonymous
dcfa57f
?
No.131501
131502
>>131500
Been reading about planes and am lowkey obsessed with planewalking. I played a campaign of Conquest of Elysium 4 dedicated to exploring the different planes, though I couldn't reach the Elemental Planes as infantry and elemental units (only ones Warlocks can make) are nigh-useless at fighting earth gateways.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131502
131503
>>131501
I am extremely reticent to show anything other than the direct material plane, and I think I should justify that hesitation.

It links into my theory on fantasy and magic and a common failing of the fantasy and sci fi genres. To me, an experience or a part of the world needs to fall into one of two categories, or else be boring and uninteresting. The first is that portion of the mundane world that can be studied by the natural sciences and thus comprehended by human reason. There's a beauty to the logic of it. The other is those experiences that are so far beyond the natural that they can be called mystical, and incite emotions of awe or terror as they defy human comprehension. Outside of these two extremes, experiences become familiar and mundane while not having a logical substance to it that the brain can ruminate on. This is my problem with many depictions of magic and fantasy. Often, the point of view character is familiar with the magic and [workings of the world, and thus cannot and will not react with the wonder or terror that a human of our world would, while the same magic and workings are obscure to the reader and thus do not allow the leader to understand and appreciate the intimacies of the internal logic on a rational level. If the workings of the world are unfamiliar to both the point of view character and the reader, the reader and character may both respond with awe or terror. If the workings of the world are well understood by the reader, regardless of the character's understanding, then there is an opportunity for the reader to rationally appreciate the internal workings of the world and their beauty. Outside of maybe comedy and dramatic reveals, I think it is only a downside for the point of view character to know significantly more about the world than the reader.

I honestly and sincerely believe that mystery and ambiguity are better than firm answers, especially when it comes to metaphysics and religion. The moment you have answers to this, you've stripped them of their wonder and elegance.

Another issue is that one of the themes of the campaign is or at least it really should be the diversity of competing ideologies.These different ideologies have different metaphysics, be they materialist, idealist, or anti-realist. There are also very different forms of religion, some pantheistic and mystical, some theistic, dualistic, and rational, and some are atheistic and materialistic. To definitively show 'actually, this one theory of the world is correct and everyone else is just wrong' would be to completely miss the point and undermine the theme. Sure, there are some events - like the appearance of Maar or Windigos - but they at least should admit of multiple interpretations, not definitively proving or disproving ideologies.

Having said all of that - all of it - I guess there might be some circumstances that I would be okay with plane walking. There is an H.P. Lovecraft short story that features a character finding and exploring a dimension accessible through a mirror, and two of my quests thus far have been adaptations of H.P. Lovecraft stories. But it's hard for me to justify the characters already knowing a considerable amount about the planes before encountering them.

I feel like I didn't say very much of that well... Most of my background is in various forms of non-fiction. In college I was a philosophy major, and much of my reading has been history or philosophy. In so far as I read fiction, it's mostly horror. The rule in horror is 'don't show the monster.' So I feel more comfortable obeying the rules of horror and non-fiction writing than even what is normal in fantasy or sci-fi. I am certainly willing to listen to anything you'd like to say
Anonymous
dcfa57f
?
No.131503
131508
>>131502
I understand completely. My question was half-serious if only that though I would be interested in a planewalking campaign at some point (though clearly it doesn't fit into this one).

I did a small wiki-walk the other day from demilich>Acererak>atropal>Negative Energy plane>the "Inner Planes." I've always been a fan of the bizarre and was impressed at how the elemental cosmology of Forgotten Realms can be elegantly depicted as a sphere. It's also nice how the more esoteric/bizarre planes give a basic guide of what to expect but leave it open-ended for the DM to weave a story.

Not sure if it's true or not but it seems like philosophy majors and "right-brain" thinkers favor H.P. Lovecraft's work, which makes sense. Interestingly enough Conquest of Elysium homages him with the "Cultist" class and an entire plane.
Anonymous
c9358ce
?
No.131504
ghostapples.png
>>131498
Pretty silly, but not Applejack silly.
Anonymous
dcfa57f
?
No.131505
131509
"Maybe we can copy the recipe"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V01ME8yNKeY
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131508
>>131503
Just to be very clear, I am not saying that there could be no planes nor plane walking, only that whatever planes may be are not going to be well understood by society, a significant portion of it, or by the player characters. If it wasn't obvious, I've been going for a kind of Aristotelian cosmological model, or at least that is what is accepted. My Little Pony has mirrors that go to alternative dimensions as a part of its cannon, and there is an H.P. Lovecraft short that centers on a mirror that accesses an alternate plane. I can imagine how such a thing can be fit into the story, it's just that if there will be anything like pane walking, the experience will be more like the data log of a D-class in an SCP entry than a conventional high fantasy
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131509
>>131505
Neat. Now, just to replicate all those things
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131513
131514
>>131495
Silver nods at the display.

"Indeed you do. Still, it never hurts to learn more, and if you ever dicide you want to, I would be honored."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131514
131518
>>131513
Mala turns his head, and looks at Silver with his big, brown-black eyes.
"Thmmh nimmh" he mumbles. Then he turns his head back, and practices thrusting the sword, stabbing the air in repeated maneuvers.

Looking back to Silver's new sword, he might see the branching rays of the four point sun, or any of several other symbols engraved on the sword's ricasso, between the forward quillon and the crossguard. Perhaps they are the symbols of the sword's makers, of families and ponies who owned the sword, or of certain monasteries in any case, Pear either couldn't or just didn't explain them. The blade of the sword is close to pristine, almost worryingly so, until a very close examination reveals a few small nicks on the edge and top of the blade. On the handle, Silver can see that the hilt is covered in a decaying leather, and for the first time, silver can see rust underneath this layer. There is no pommel on the end, but rather a leather cover over what seems to be a screw for a pommel. Silver still has no proper way to carry it.
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131517
131520
>>131498
looks around
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131518
131519
>>131514
He holds it across his back with his magic in liu of a way to carry it. He decides he needs to find a blacksmith soon to finish restoring the sword and find a way to carry it.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131519
131525 131654
>>131406
Trotting into the Northeast, Amber is once again in a very different kind of area. There's a section of land in an almost "L" shape that moves east, then south nearer the coastline, consisting of factories, manufactories, warehouses, mills, and other such industrial facilities built around a rail-line. Though factories are not often marked, small signs show an aircraft landing gear factory, a factory making truck parts, a textile mill that finishes uniforms, and another making parachutes. At the corner of the "L" is what appears to be some sort of oil refinery or chemical plant. Many of the factories have high fences, even barbed wire around them, and some have green uniformed guards that look like soldiers. Amber has seen these sorts of guards before, around a few prominent buildings in the city center, and they seem more common here. Not all of the factories have smoke stacks or cooling towers, but those that do are certainly making use of them, as the factories abound with activity and sounds.

By the water are a few clusters of docks and piers with warehouses beyond, though segments of the water have other buildings by them, which appear to involve fishing, and even a much older colonial style mansion on the waterfront. The northern most section of piers is roped off. The sections nearest the waterfront have the least consistency with the grid pattern, with some roads crossing diagonally, and more space between roads. In some instances this seems to be related to the larger plots used by industrial sites, and in some instances - especially the diagonal roadways - it is an inexplicable part of the city planning.

Shops congregate in a band around the city center, though they are often scattered throughout. Some are strange and almost mysterious, some are run down, some are abandoned, and some look just as proper as the ones in west town. Many are beneath larger buildings or are attached in rows, but especially towards the north and closer to the water there are more free standing buildings and shops. One building that stands out is the regional offices of the Dominion Mining Company, a twenty story beige brick office building with narrow, tall windows. It's not particularly aesthetically pleasing or tall, even by the standards of Baltimare, but it stands out as one of the few, or the only, high rises in this section of the town, well east of the center. There are a few more tall buildings, in particular what seems to be a shot tower stands out, looking almost like a castle's tower. The red brick tower is well over a hundred feet tall, and closer to the south of the city.

Residences are mostly overwhelmingly multifamily apartment buildings in blocks. Never more than five stories in height, these black, grey, brown and red tenement buildings are close to together and sometimes have external fire escapes, though that doesn't seem to be universal. Whereas the industrial buildings are mostly in functioning condition, or seem to be at least, residences display more signs of damage, with boarded up windows, shattered windows, and collapsed roofs being far from rare. Further north are more rowhouses and single family residences, though there are some near the center randomly placed, that seem to be of a much older design.

There is no parrallel to the neo-gothic cathedral of Saint Eligius in this area of the city, though there are many places of worship. Some have brick and stone with towers of the celestial design, some are similarly tall but more plain. Some are round in shape but clearly adorned with celestialist symbols, and still some others, mostly of a round design. Multiple distinct sects of the celestialist faith seem to be represented, and several religions having no origin in Equestria as well. There are several government buildings like a firestation with an automotive engine, a police post, and several school houses, which are mostly multi-story brick buildings of a design from the last century Amber has seen before.

This is an area with a very large number of non-ponies. Griffins are probably the single largest group of non-ponies, but diamond dogs and zebras are not far behind, with a few Kirin and even other groups like large, bipedal cats. Ponies are a narrow majority, but some seem to be ethnically distinct from the Equestrians Amber knows, and some speak in foreign languages or strange dialects as she passes. There are a couple ponies by themselves mumbling, or even shouting to no one at corners. Creatures here seem poorer than in the west, even when of the same race as their counterparts, but mostly they are still working class, with the attire generally being a little more functional.

>>131518
The sword is very big, and even when carried across his back diagonally sort of extends over. Its center of balance is around the ricasso, and the cross guard is very large, itself covered in that decaying leather.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131520
131521
>>131517
Hi Spark pony!
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131521
131522
>>131520
Hello!
wave wave wave
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131522
131523
>>131521
Is wave wave waved at
waves back at Spark pony
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131523
131524
>>131522
[i]is waved to
Think we can pick back up the story?
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131524
131547
>>131523
If Spark wants to respond to the last post, sure
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131525
131526
>>131519
Something to take care of later. First things first, he needs to go to a store and buy some rope.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131526
131527
>>131525
Popping into the first store produces no such luck, but Silver comes across a free standing store that seems to have some agricultural supplies. The stallion - a black maned hornless pony with glasses and sharp blue eyes looks with concern at the stallion with an oversized sword across his back, and an equally well armed hyena. He says nothing, but has a wincing expression with his teeth, eyes locked on the creatures as they approach.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131527
131528
>>131526
He looks at the shopkeerer first confused, then sheepish as he realizes what's wrong.

"Oh! My apologies, friend, I have not yet found way to sheath sword, yet. I was just looking for some rope."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131528
131529
>>131527
He blinks, and his eyes return to their wide open stance. He moves a hoof up
"By the wall, closer to the back" he says, motioning his hoof in that direction
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131529
131530
>>131528
"Ah, thank you!"

He goes to the directed area, speaking to Mala quietly once they get there.

"You remember what we did with Maakie, yes?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131530
131531
>>131529
He nods

There is indeed rope, in thicker and thinner varieties
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131531
131532
>>131530
"I was going to pull him back out, and turn him into authorities for reward. I think he has has been down there long enough."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131532
131533
>>131531
"Won't he tell them things, though?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131533
131534
>>131532
Silver looks at Mala.

"About what?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131534
131535
>>131533
"I mean... about sticking him down the chute. Or what I did..."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131535
131536
>>131534
After a couple seconds of silence, Silver places a hoof on Mala's shoulder.

"I promised you I would get you amnesty. I intend to keep that promise."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131536
131537
>>131535
"Okay..." he lowers his head a little
"I trust you"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131537
131538
>>131536
He pets Mala a little, since his head is so exposed.

"You do not have to come along if you do not want to."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131538
131539
>>131537
He closes his eyes, and seems to smile as his head is pet.
"I think I should come. You may need help securing or carrying him."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131539
131540
>>131538
He smiles at his reaction.

"Alright, it is your choice."

He gets some strong rope, pays for it, and heads for 33 Hoebuck with Mala.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131540
131541
>>131539
It only costs a few bits. The stallion at the counter doesn't say anything, but rather watches the pair.

Silver and Mala are quite a ways north and a little west of 33 Hoebuck; it's a nice, long walk back down.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131541
131542
>>131540
Unless they happen upon a taxi, it's a walk they'll be making.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131542
131543
>>131541
A taxi is certainly possible, even if taxis are less common in the northern town, and the pair are a bit of an awkward, or rather, unsettling sight
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131543
131544 131564
>>131542
True, but they are still paying customers.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131544
131564
>>131543
After what seems like a taxi slowing down then driving off, a taxi piloted by a griffin picks them up to take them to 33 Hoebuck
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131547
131548
>>131524
>>131044
"Do you think we are safe from more of them?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131548
131549
>>131547
Makade looks over intently

Waabashki continues
"I... I can't say. Tradition tells us that the Wetiko arises when a soul is consumed by its on greed, be they Ma'iingan or pony... but the doubles... we've never seen this before. Be cautious, as we are dealing with unknowns."
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131549
131550
>>131548
"Hmm... well if they can't be seen in the wild, then I suppose there is no point in wandering in search for them."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131550
131551
>>131549
Non-responsive to Spark, she adds
"In some stories, being around one can cause the change..."
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131551
131552
>>131550
"Well... we where around it for a bit before it revealed itself. Mainly it was when the bat stabbed him..."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131552
131553
>>131551
She turns her head, and her right ear twitches down
"Bat?"
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131553
131554
>>131552
"Batpony. Have you met them before?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131554
131555
>>131553
"N-..."
She turns her head to her side, towards Makade. She stops her head before turning it further, as if she was expecting him to be located a little bit closer to her side, instead of behind her. She speaks to him:
"nagaji' pakwaanaajiinh-bebezhigooganzhii?" she says to him, inflecting it like it's a question.

"Ni-nagadenim pakwaanaajiinh-bebezhigooganzhii?"
He tips his head a little to the sight, rights it, and answers
"Eniwek"

She turns her head to Spark, and answers him
"No. I have never met a 'bat' pony. Makade is at least aware of them though. What is a 'bat pony'?"
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131555
131556
>>131554
"Well, they look a lot like us ponies, but with features you associate with bats. Different eyes, pointy ears, cravings for certain fruits, leathery wings, stuff like that."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131556
131627
>>131555
She tilts her head in the other direction, and looks at Spark with big yellow eyes which blink
"huh, I would not have thought there were more types of ponies than the glittering, horned, and bird-winged ones."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131557
131558 131559 131561
1547436.jpg
Is anypony here?
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131558
>>131557
Silly pony.
Anonymous
c9358ce
?
No.131559
131560
>>131557
is a pony
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131560
>>131559
(You) are also silly pony.
Anonymous
c9358ce
?
No.131561
46B3879D-1A3E-4626-8178-78BFF6C70E3A.gif
>>131557
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131564
131565
>>131258
White Sands quickly trots forwards towards Iron, and to his side. She speaks sternly into his ear
"I thought you were going to goad them lightly. Not outright threaten them?!"

>>131543
>>131544
The taxi stops out in front of the long, connected trio of buildings. The stone and brick of 33 Hoebuck looks particularly aged in the daylight, and the lot is surrounded by police tape. On the lot next to the building are carts belonging to Baltimare PD, as well as a single green light truck with the insignia of R&M.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131565
131566
>>131564
"Дерьмо. This will complicate things."

He looks at the R&M truck, and looks over towards Mala.

"'R&M'. What is that?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131566
131567
>>131565
Mala blinks
"New customs, I think"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131567
131568
>>131566
Silver rubs his chin in thought.

"Think they would let us in since we were ones who cleared it?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131568
131569
>>131567
"I don't know..."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131569
131570
>>131568
"Hmm..."

Are there any police outside?
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131570
131572
>>131569
One pony seems to move from a cart into the covered loading dock by the factory building. It's the same general area where the ponies tried to break in the first time
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131572
131573
>>131570
"Hmm...perhaps we could try to sneak in, since there is few outside. Else we can just ask one who is outside..."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131573
131574
>>131572
"I don't have a good history with police. I will leave it to you."

Silver can either try to locate another officer, or figure out how to sneak around
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131574
131575
>>131573
"Hmm...I think I will try to find another officer. Are you coming, or will you stay outside?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131575
131577
>>131574
"I think I will be better off by your side" he answers
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131577
131578
>>131575
"Alright. Stay with me."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131578
131579
>>131577
Mala does indeed stay close to Silver.

Silver can see that there is another officer wearing a green uniform and a cattlemare's hat by the truck, doing something there
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131579
131580
>>131578
Silver trots up to the officer in question.

"Excuse me, officer? My partner and I were part of group that cleared this location two nights ago. We need to go inside for investigation."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131580
131581
>>131579
The stallion is placing something into the truck when he is surprised and turns back to Silver. The melon-orange Pegasus stallion turns back to Silver, seeming startled. He looks older, much older than many of the officers Silver has encountered. He blinks, and looks directly at Silver with his green eyes
"Aye, the fuck did you come from?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131581
131582
>>131580
Silver blinks, and points behind where they came from.

"We just took taxi here...?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131582
131583
>>131581
"Oh great, anotha group claimin' the place. Well, carry on. Look ya just came out of a fairy tale with those things on ya back. And the fuck is wrong with your dog there? Little bastard's got a sword too, and a big one."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131583
131584
>>131582
He gives him an awkward stare.

"Uh...this is Mala. He is my partner."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131584
131585
>>131583
"Partna'" He turns his head to the side
"They do all sorts a weird shit in here, cain't say this is the weirdest thing I've seen all day. Almost makes me long for the days when all we had to worry about were fungus infected kiwis. Well I'll tell ya you might as well go on in. Damn city police officas them themselves the royal guard ova in that factory building. Must make em feel super important doing this."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131585
131625
>>131584
He nods to the officer.

"Thank you."

Silver then enters the building, looking for the garbage chute room.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131586
131587 131588 131598
1582795971684.jpg
Is anypony there?
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131587
131589
>>131586
mlems
Amber Sunset
e6c5739
?
No.131588
131589
>>131586
Life has been really busy the last couple of weeks and now my internet is on the fritz. I look forward to joining later next week but I want to let you know I haven't lost interest.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131589
>>131587
Is mlemmed

>>131588
Hi Singapore! There's actually (finally) a response to Amber >>131519, but I understand about the life thing. I am am actually busier in real life as well, but I look forwards to you playing again
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131598
>>131586
Yes
Fantasy Play
0f1d636
?
No.131600
131601 131606
Fantasy Play casts fatal from fatal and wins the game. Then she dances a happy horse dance with happy horse noises.
GM Pony
5292a68
?
No.131601
15E7DA00-7CD5-429A-A4FE-57F7F28D7E19.jpeg
>>131600
Oh nose!
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131605
131610
We need to play sometime.
Anonymous
89092e3
?
No.131606
131607
>>131600
Fantasy Play doesn't give up that easily and cast simulacrum on the gm.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131607
UnsteadyGlumAuklet-size_restricted.gif
>>131606
Gah!
*Is cloned*
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131610
>>131605
I might be free tomorrow.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131611
2366991__safe_artist-colon-batonya12561_oc_pegasus_airship_bomber+jacket_clothes_fight_gunfire_jacket_solo_war_world+war+i_zeppelin.png

Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131625
131629
>>131585
The officer waves a hoof, and sticks his head back in the truck, saying something to himself that is not quite distinct enough to be understood. When Silver enters, another green uniformed officer starts to flag him down with a "hey," but gives up before completing the task, saying something about the "damn police and every agency wants to get in here like it's a mare on the cover a' monthly." The first level seems to have considerable activity, with a couple officers. A glance into the old central hall shows a floor cleaned of bodies, burned robes and dropped machetes, but stained black in areas. Going down, into the access tunnels, there are no officers at all. Though dried blood still stains the floor, the bodies in the boiler room are gone. Silver enters back into the open, stonewalled, rectangular room where he first found Loputu and Jubilosa, and the garbage chute.
Shimmering Spark
Anonymous
c9358ce
?
No.131626
131627
Can we continue tonight?
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131627
131628
>>131626
Sure. Spark's last post was >>131556
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131628
131630
>>131627
"A couple other kinds, but they are rare. You won't meet too many."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131629
131630
>>131625
"Well...here goes..."

Silver prepares himself for what he might see, and opens the chute.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131630
131631 131632
>>131628
"I haven't met any. Not that I really wanted to, but I mean... have you met many?"

>>131629
Immediately, he is greated with the smell, and:
"Over verdomde tijd! Get me out of here!"

Maakie is still there, evidently conscious, and tied up face down in the pile of bones. His feathers and fur are stained with dried blood, and some not so dried. His voice conveys weakness and fatigue, as surely as anger.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131631
131633
>>131630
Oh, good, he is alive.

Silver gets the rope, and drops one end of it down the chute for Maakie to climb up on.
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131632
131633
>>131630
"Not many. Just the one bat. He is a bit... well... impatient is one way to put it. But he got me this far. I owe him."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131633
131634 131636
>>131631
He yells demandingly, though hoarsely and with a trembling voice
"Get.. me out of here!"

His forelegs are tied up, as are his wings, and he is unable to get get. At least one of his hind legs, the right rear, is free and is pushing back against the rear wall, but all that can do is push his face deeper into the bones and the wall in the narrow confines of the chute

>>131632
She blinks, and her ears twitch as she looks at Spark, silent for a moment
"Does... that have anything to do with you being out here?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131634
131635
>>131633
"Oh, right."

He looks down into the chute so he can use his magic to tie the rope around Maakie. He looks back to Mala.

"Mind helping me pull?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131635
131637
>>131634
This is possible if, and only if, Silver shines a light down into the chute. When this is done, Silver sees the details of a scene more than a little ghastly in its own right. A skull with a sawed off horn, the long exposed bone remnant of the muzzle of a minotaur - maybe it was a horse, hard to tell - and a beakless skull, as well as more than a few blackened rib bones, long bones that probably belonged to a wing, and broken fragments of other, smaller bones and claws.... all of these are visible only on the edges, as the still living body Maakie is perched diagonally on top of the pile of bones in the narrow steel chute, blocking the view of most of them. His fine, formal suit is tattered, torn, sliced, blood soaked, and dirty, and his ruffled feathers and fur are in the same situation. More than a little of his blood has poured onto the bones, adding a rust color to decayed brown and charred black bones that never bleached white in the sun, giving them an all the more ghastly appearance. Maakie may have been fortunate to be so dirty and covered in clothes, as it seems to have helped the blood to clot, and saved him from shock. Maakie's head is faced down, and he can't move it much from that position. He cannot see Silver, but continues yelling things like "get me out!"

Mala nods, and pulls on the rope once it is tied, using the entrance of the chute as a sort of pulley. He pulls back on it using his weight, and holding the rope in his mouth with the same mouth guard he used for the sword. Mala pulls with a bit of strength. Maakie begins to be pulled out.
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131636
131638
>>131633
"Yes. We are hear because we are saving some changeling foals. They were trapped in New Mareland territory, so we are being them back home."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131637
131638
>>131635
Silver pulls as well, splitting the effort between them and making it a far easier affair than it would be for them separately.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131638
131639 131641
>>131636
She shakes her head
"I do not know what you mean about foals and merry land. But I do know that these... things from outside our home threaten our peace."

>>131637
Mala pulls, and it quickly becomes the case that the problem isn't the strength, exactly, but maneuvering Maakie through a narrow chute that barely fits a creature his size,
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131639
131640
>>131638
"The peace of the land is already broken. It just takes longer to get to some places than others."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131640
131642
>>131639
"And that is why we are afraid" She says
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131641
131643
>>131638
"Shit..."

He looks down the chute, and tries to use his magic to maneuver Maakie on his way out of the chute.
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131642
131643
>>131640
"And that is why I want to help."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131643
131644 131645
>>131641
Clank "Ow!" Clank "Ah!"
It's harder to pull him back out than it is to shove him in head first, but it's not impossible. Mala keeps pulling, and Silver can maneuver him until he drops on the floor. His clothing is well torn and almost wet

>>131642
"Can you keep them away?" She asks
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131644
131646
>>131643
"Well then, enjoy your stay?"
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131645
131646
>>131643
"I can do my best."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131646
131647 131648
>>131644
He is shivering on the floor, and moves his head up, moving it to face Silver. When his right eye meets Silver it locks and narrows on Silver, and instantly his whole body freezes in place, locked on Silver

"You."

>>131645
She moves up closer, and her tail moves slightly back and forth
"And that, I think, is why the spirits have brought you here."
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131647
131649
>>131646
"Maybe so. I certainly don't mind helping out."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131648
131649
>>131646
"Yes, me. I take it you are dehydrated, yes? I think I still have water ration somewhere..."

He looks in his bags a bit before pulling one out.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131649
131650 131652
>>131647
Makade walks further forward
"And how, exactly, will you help?"

>>131648
"You son of a bitch! Come here!"
He starts thrashing about, trying to move. Mala gnarls and pulls in closer
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131650
131651
>>131649
Silver puts a foreleg in front of Mala to halt him before looking at Maakie's admittedly pathetic display.

"You really should stop."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131651
131653
>>131650
And almost immediately, he stops, locking eyes on Silver.
"What do you want?"
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131652
131655
>>131649
"I can get you prepared in case anything should happen, while working to make sure nothing ever does."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4042ecb
?
No.131653
131655
>>131651
Silver opens the water ration, and offers it to Maakie by putting it up to his beak.

"Here, drink."
Amber Sunset
a3eeb6c
?
No.131654
I'm finally over the worst of it so I can play again. I'll hop into sessions earlier from now on, don't worry.

>>131519
The first thing Amber notices when entering this area is the loud raucous rhythm of mysterious industrious machines. The thought occurs to her to wonder what working in a factory would be like instead, but her desire to ask–let alone look inside–is quelled by the heavy degree of security. The Dominion Mining Company building immediately catches her eye, but its plain façade and the difference between mining and sailing is certainly unromantic so she doesn't care to approach. Nonetheless, she does note its position as a useful landmark.

The run-down nature of the tenements makes even her own seem practically palatial in comparison and she breathes a sigh of relief that she found her residence where she did. She doesn't know if the ponies and creatures here are friendlier than in her new neighborhood–they certainly seem more productive–but she's glad that they're ignoring her for now. After shedding her odd dress Amber likely sticks out much less, though she may still clearly be an outsider.

Although she's initially neutral at best regarding this utilitarian district, perhaps despite the din her ears pick up the sound of surf against a seawall, or she smells salt in the air. Amber's eyes widen and she makes a beeline for those segments of the waterfront that are easily accessible, though she looks back over her withers now and then to make sure she remembers the way back. If the colonial-style mansion comes into view that will certainly be the center of interest.
I've never seen the ocean before. It's so close!
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131655
131656 131660 131924
>>131653
He looks down at the water, and then up to Silver
"I don't imagine this is poison. Too many alternatives to make that your go-to" He stares flatly at Silver. "Unless you only intend to cause pain. Tear up internal organs. Or... A truth serum, perhaps..."

>>131652
"Get us 'prepared'?"
He moves his shoulder, which brings the rifle on the sling closer to the ground. He uses his muzzle to place it there. Spark can see that it's smoothly lathed and sanded hardwood, with a long scope, no bayonet mount, and a leather five round cartridge holder on the right side of the butt. The model, though pre-war, is fairly new, and while likely designed and sold as a civilian hunting rifle, it's hard to imagine what else a sniper would use but that kind of gun.

Makade looks up and at Spark with amber eyes
"I have hunted large game since I was a pup. I have gone through your pony 'basic training' when your government directed me to fight their wars. I have lead hunting parties, and I have lead warriors into battle against these doubles - and it was the doubles who retreated. I won't tell you... I won't tell you that we are undefeatable... but uh..." His eyes search and look around. "The greatest tree in the forest may fall in a strong enough wind. So tell me, pony, what is it exactly that you can offer to 'prepare' us?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
dd1ee4a
?
No.131656
131657
>>131655
Silver looks at him deadpan.

"Is water. Would it make you feel better if I had sip of it first?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131657
131658
>>131656
"Yes." He says flatly
Silver "The Floof" Sword
dd1ee4a
?
No.131658
131659 131662
>>131657
He lifts the drink up to his lips, takes an audible sip, then holds it again in front of Maakie's beak.

"There."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131659
131661
>>131658
He continues staring directly at Silver, but opens his beak to accept the water, and pulls the container closer to him with the hook of his beak. He drinks greedily, at one point pulling away and coughing. But before Silver can ask if he is 'okay,' he pulls his beak closer, and quickly drinks the remainder of the water.
Amber Sunset
d71d23f
?
No.131660
>>131655
I'm here
Silver "The Floof" Sword
dd1ee4a
?
No.131661
131662
>>131659
Silver asks him the question, "Better?", with a geniune concern in his voice despite his...dislike of the griffon in question.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131662
131663 131670
>>131658
For all its lack of ostentation, the Dominion Mining building still belongs to a style of architecture from an era where buildings had style and grace. It's stone facade is not particularly like those concrete monstrosities of the Brutalist school that look as much like prison walls as buildings. It's simply that, as a regional and not corporate headquarters, it lacks the adornment of the cathedrals of capitalism slightly west of city center.

The ponies and other creatures on the street do not say hello or wave as she passes, even as one or two ponies smiles or nod if eye contact is attempted most avoid it, and a few narrow their eyes. If Amber looks like a stranger, it seems that so does a third of the neighborhood. Many of those on the streets are creatures having no origin in Equestria, and many more are from the various cultures within Equestria, pony and non-pony alike. None of this stops Amber from getting a sense of what exactly is the 'norm,' and the local culture and custom, only it lets her know how it is being diluted. A particular style of hat and coat seems popular, with vertical stripes and grey color, even if most creatures have less clothing on than Amber.

Exactly what Amber will see or smell depends on just how far north she is relative to the district, but Amber does know this: the air has a somewhat polluted smell, with coal dust and chemical fumes. The smell of salt is light, though not wholly absent.

>>131661
And staring at him he asks
"What is it you want?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
dd1ee4a
?
No.131663
131664
>>131662
"Straight to point? Alright. I am going to turn you into customs."
Anonymous
bbc7d9f
?
No.131664
131665
>>131663
“To customs?” He is silent for a moment. “How much are they offering?”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
dd1ee4a
?
No.131665
131666
>>131664
"I do not know. What I do know is that you are likely to be worth fair amount to them."
Anonymous
bbc7d9f
?
No.131666
131667
>>131665
“I can pay more” he answers
Silver "The Floof" Sword
dd1ee4a
?
No.131667
131668
>>131666
"Perhaps. But you might also send others after me, or others who were involved."
Anonymous
bbc7d9f
?
No.131668
131669
>>131667
“Why would I do that.... I just want peace”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
dd1ee4a
?
No.131669
131671
>>131668
"Peace? As in?"
Amber Sunset
a3eeb6c
?
No.131670
131671
>>131662
Well, the place is certainly not appealing to Amber, to say the very least, and she starts to question why she came here in the first place. Nonetheless, she's going to make the most of it. Would she know how to reach the sea?
Anonymous
bbc7d9f
?
No.131671
131672 131673
>>131669
“”The same as you. To be free and not hunted.”

>>131670
Yes. Keep traveling East, and you’re bound to hit it. Exactly what she hits depends how far north or south she is
Amber Sunset
a3eeb6c
?
No.131672
131675
>>131671
Amber doesn't know her precise positioning either, only that she's quite a ways south of the Dominion Mining Company. However, she reasons that since Baltimare juts out into the water on the northeast end, just going east from here ought to reach the sea.
dd1ee4a
?
No.131673
131674 131675
[1d20-1 = 7]
>>131671
Sense Motive: "Hmm. And I do suppose that also includes putting end to your previous 'activities'?"
Amber Sunset
a3eeb6c
?
No.131674
131677
>>131673
OOC question, but why do you have a -1 modifier?
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131675
131676 131677
>>131672
Going towards the water, Amber finds that the area closest to the water is dominated by industry and especially warehouses. A significant portion of the eastern waterline, maybe even as much as half, is take up by wharves of some kind or other, be they for deep water cargo, barge terminals, or liquids. Amber is able to walk around a warehouse, and to a shop that seems to be related to fishing on the waterfront, and which itself has a dock with a couple small boats tied up.

>>131673
"Ugh, you've already done that." He seems a little scared, and Silver can't really tell his level of sincerity
Amber Sunset
a3eeb6c
?
No.131676
131679
>>131675
I wasn't expecting to find a fisherpony's wharf among all these buildings, but maybe that's not unusual here.
Amber tentatively walks to the dock, looking at the activity (or lack thereof) around her then at the waves below.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
dd1ee4a
?
No.131677
131678 131679
>>131674
Since Silver has 9 Charisma, he takes a -1 penalty to any Charisma-based rolls like diplomacy or sense motive.

>>131675
"You know what I mean. Say I let you leave here. What stops you from doing to people what you did here?"
Amber Sunset
a3eeb6c
?
No.131678
131680
>>131677
Huh, I thought it was wisdom-based. I have to read the rules again now that I have time.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131679
131680 131681
>>131676
Best guess is a dock other creatures have tied up to. One motor boat of unknown purpose and a small sail boat. The waves are a green-tinted blue, and a few feet in height. It looks like high tide. There's a seawall right along the shore line, and the dock is actually a step or two down from that. There are other creatures around, but they pay her no mind

>>131677
Sense motive is a wisdom based check
"What? What I 'did here'? That was Boek's doing, not mine. I am a smuggler - was a smuggler. What do you want?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
dd1ee4a
?
No.131680
131682
>>131678
>>131679
Fuck. I'm retarded.

>>131679
"So you mean to tell me you were not already trafficking people, foalnapping them, and then squeezing as much profit out of them as you could?"
Amber Sunset
a3eeb6c
?
No.131681
131682
>>131679
She watches the waves break against the seawall for half a minute before deciding to step onto the dock. She steps down only with her forehooves at first, making sure the old wooden structure is safe before continuing onwards. She approaches the sailboat first, but not so close that it looks like she's trespassing or interfering with its operation.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131682
131683 131684
>>131680
"No. No. No... We provided a service by ferrying creatures across to where they wanted to be, taking them around customs and their own governments. Of course they didn't usually have the money upfront so they would work after they arrived to pay us. 'Indentured servitude,' your people used to call it. You know how it works. But it's hard to keep track of them that long and the local gangs here didn't cooperate much on that. That's why I wanted this building. It was built for that. So I rented it out, and then I found a group of griffins wanting to travel out of the Herzland... The owner took an interest, and, well, every now and then a migrant wouldn't be able to work, or wouldn't want to work. And then later we would just start taking those who couldn't pay us back. It's a bit... slippery... but I was just a trafficker, or a sweatshop owner. There are many sweatshop owners out there. I am just a businessgriff, same as your 'legitimate' entrepreneurs. That is what you must understand..."

>>131681
The dock is perfectly solid. The sailboat is wooden, and covered in a white paint. Maybe 25 feet. It's probably a private pleasure boat, but it can definitely be used for fishing.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
dd1ee4a
?
No.131683
131685
>>131682
"Alright. So, if we let you go, where would you go? What would you do?"
Amber Sunset
a3eeb6c
?
No.131684
131685 131686 131725
>>131682
Is there anypony on or near the sailboat who is visible or can be heard from the dock? If not Amber will go to the motorboat.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131685
131687 131688
>>131683
"Away from here. Probably to Nova Griffonia, or the Hauklands where I have connections."

>>131684
The motorboat is a little smaller, with a varnished wood exterior over a small cabin, and a glass windshield
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131686
>>131684
[1d2 = 1]
[1d2 = 2]
Amber Sunset
a3eeb6c
?
No.131687
131725 131726
>>131685
"Hello, anypony here?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
dd1ee4a
?
No.131688
131689 131690
>>131685
"Alright. What would you?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
dd1ee4a
?
No.131689
131690
>>131688
*What would you do?
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131690
131691
>>131689
>>131688
"I don't ask what you do. I would have to start over. You destroyed everything. But not everything. I have money. I could have more money from these griffins in the colony. I could pay that to you if you let me go."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
dd1ee4a
?
No.131691
131692
>>131690
"I just do not want anything even remotely like this happening again if I let you go."

Silver inspects Maakie's wounds, while he's there.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131692
131693
>>131691
He is wounded pretty badly with multiple stabs and cuts, and has lost a lot of blood. All of his wounds are covered in matter feathers, fur or clothes soaked in blood.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
dd1ee4a
?
No.131693
131729
>>131692
He whistles at the sight.

"You are in pretty bad shape. Think you can make it as you are?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131694
131695 131719
Alright, I have to sleep now
Amber Sunset
a3eeb6c
?
No.131695
>>131694
Have some good dreams and make sure to share them in the thread on >>>/sp/
Shimmering Spark
c9358ce
?
No.131719
>>131694
I should be free tomorrow night.
Anonymous
ef1a5d2
?
No.131723
131724
2D894DAD-1A7F-46FB-96FA-DEC679C7E098.png
Okay ponies, who is here this weekend?
Amber Sunset
b8d7790
?
No.131724
>>131723
I'm here
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131725
>>131684
>>131687
Alright, let's see about this...

[1d4 = 1]

1. G
2. C
3. R
4. O
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131726
131727
>>131687
Through the tinted brown glass of the motor boat's cabin, Amber can see the face of a unicorn move up. She's a bright white, with a mane that might be some shade of orange, hard to tell through the tint, and she seems to be very young. A filly.
Amber Sunset
b8d7790
?
No.131727
131728
>>131726
Amber waves at the boat's inhabitant, smiling.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131728
>>131727
She looks back at her with a blank, perhaps even scared expression, keeping her head in that position for a number of seconds. Then she moves her head to the side, and to where a wall blocks Amber's vision of her
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131729
131739
>>131693
"Can I make it? Make where? As it is, I am likely to become infected. What do you mean 'can I make it'?"
Amber Sunset
b8d7790
?
No.131730
131731
Amber frowns and puts her hoof back down. Did I scare her? She decides to wait in place for a little while to see what happens and starts to whistle a little ditty.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131731
>>131730
After more time, she moves and peeks out of the window.
Amber Sunset
b8d7790
?
No.131732
131733
Amber smiles softly. "Hello?" she asks in not too loud a voice.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131733
131734
>>131732
Now, the Unicorn stands up, and moves to the already open door on the cabin, and pokes her head out. Her mane is burnt orange and definitely well enough groomed. Her purple eyes stare almost blankly at Amber with trimmed eye lashes. She is definitely much younger than Amber, appearing to be an adolescent.
Amber Sunset
b8d7790
?
No.131734
131735
>>131733
Amber stays where she is but asks, hopefully loud enough to be heard, "Is this your boat? It's really nice."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131735
131736
>>131734
She turns her head, looking at Amber awkwardly. She speaks to her, with a kind of quick partly afraid, partly defensive, and partly annoyed voice
“No. But I am here with the permission of the owner.”
Amber Sunset
b8d7790
?
No.131736
131737
I can't help but imagine a posh British child's accent with that use of language

>>131735
Amber is looking a bit awkward and uncertain. "Oh, I just found this dock and wanted to look at the boats. I've never been to sea myself, you see."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131737
131738
>>131736
I would have preferred middle Atlantic, but writing accents and patois isn’t my strong point.

>>131736
“Look at them? Don’t look at them. Well.. you must be very careful with these boats since they can be so expensive.”
Amber Sunset
b8d7790
?
No.131738
131740
>>131737
"Oh, I don't have a doubt about that! Don't worry though, I just wanted to look and not touch. Do you go sailing much?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
dd1ee4a
?
No.131739
131740
>>131729
"Can you make it to where you are wanting to go without dying?, or will you need medical treatment?"
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131740
131741 131745
>>131738
“I had been out... once.”
She moves with her body covering the entry to the cabin. Her cutie mark seems to be a sub with many rays extending

>>131739
“I will need medical treatment yes. I want to go far away from here, as soon as possible.”
Amber Sunset
b8d7790
?
No.131741
131742
>>131740
"What was it like, if you don't mind my asking?"
Amber sits down on the dock.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131742
131743
>>131741
She remains standing in that position with her body sideways across the entryway
“Well” she turns her head, looking away
“Not all that pleasant. The boat rocks a lot, for one thing. Makes me feel queasy. Then there’s the smell of the sea. It was kind of tense. I like being on solid ground.”
Amber Sunset
b8d7790
?
No.131743
131744
>>131742
Amber nods. "I agree and even heroes in adventure novels sometimes get seasick. If you don't mind my asking, how did you get your cutie mark? I've never seen anything quite like it."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131744
131749
>>131743
She turns her head, and looks away, then down, until her eyes fix on what seems to be a spot in the wooden planks of the pier, or perhaps past it

"I remember that day" her voice takes on a lighter tone. "There was a storm. Spun off a hurricane further south. I was with a large group of foals in a room on the lower level. It had been used for laundry, there were no windows. I ended up mixed with some of the younger foals. The wind rattled and shoo the walls. Then came the lightning. The thunder was almost constant, like a rolling barrage. When the shelling came two years later, well, it was a lot like that. There were two nuns with us in the laundry room, but there was a leak or a broken window, or something, they had to leave, and I was one of the oldest left in the room. The young colts and fillies... They couldn't really handle it, with no adults in the room. Some of them curled up in shirts and sheets and other assorted dirty clothing. That only made them feel a little better. So I went up to them, and sang to them the hymm of the Gusty the Great, then the ballad of Airy Jade. I picked up one colt, I could tell that colt, with the little brown patch around the eye, he never quite accepted that his mother wasn't coming to get him - I picked him up, and rocked him, like I saw a nun do with a younger child. He was actually too old for that kind of thing, but it was an unusual circumstance. I tried to comfort him. They all needed comforting when one of the two candles went out. Room was almost completely dark, they didn't like that. But I started to tell a story, the one about Mist Mark and the cave, and they listened as best as they could, and then eventually another colt started speaking as well, until we had something like a campfire story circle going, occasionally singing songs. Most of the younger foals didn't say anything. Some of them tried to sing but they only knew one or two lines that they kept repeating, They weren't crying any more. We older fillies and colts kept telling stories, until eventually the thunder stopped and it was just wind. Many of the foals went to sleep. Some hours later, we were able to go outside. The old oak tree had fallen over in the wind, but we were still there. I saw the light break through the clouds in the sky. It wasn't the 'eye' but I imagine it was something like that. And then Cinnamon Drop told me 'your cutie mark!' and I saw that the sun with the golden rays had appeared on my flank. And several of the foals came up to me, and huddled around me. I remember that day..."

Her face has migrated upwards, pointing towards the sky, mostly blue with some clouds. She has a tear or two in her eyes.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
dd1ee4a
?
No.131745
131746
>>131740
He seriously weighs his options before looking at Maakie.

"Unless you would rather go to hospital, if you know of hiding place I can go and get medical supplies for you."
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131746
131747
>>131745
"No no. No hospital. No hospital. There is this house by the bay, Take me there."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
dd1ee4a
?
No.131747
131748
>>131746
"Alright. Follow me closely, there are couple officers patrolling hallways."

Silver uses his knife to cut Maakie's bindings, helps him up, and pokes his head out into the hallway to see if the way is clear.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131748
131750
>>131747
There is indeed movement in hallways, more so upstairs, with the lower level being more or less un-patrolled.
Amber Sunset
b8d7790
?
No.131749
131751
I thought her cutie mark was a submarine which was why it caught my interest. Next time you want me to ask about a character's cutie mark just "accidentally" misspell it as something atypical.

>>131744
Amber leans forward during the monologue, nodding with interest. When the filly is done she closes her eyes and claps her hooves together. "What a great story! I can tell you definitely have a talent for telling stories, especially to cheer ponies up.
Princess Celestia's cutie mark is kind of similar, do you think she got it the same way?"

I suppose I could roll for knowledge for Celestia's cutie mark, though I dunno if it should be history or religion. I'm happy hearing from a character though
Silver "The Floof" Sword
dd1ee4a
?
No.131750
131751
>>131748
Silver decides to lead Maakie out the back way, out to the water. He keeps an eye out for patrols and lets Maakie know when it's safe to move.
Anonymous
8d5b21c
?
No.131751
131752 131753
Spoilered
>>131749
Reee

“Well, I mean hers is a sun with smaller rays and a larger, well, sun. A larger sun and mine, you see, has straighter and longer rays... I always thought that Celestia always had that cutie mark. Like, I don’t think there was a moment when she was a filly and she just willed the sun to move in the sky. I can’t imagine her as a filly.”

>>131750
What kind of restraints does silver keep on Maakie?
Silver "The Floof" Sword
dd1ee4a
?
No.131752
131754
>>131751
No restraints/bindings.
Amber Sunset
b8d7790
?
No.131753
131754
>>131751
Amber nods. "I think you're right. Celestia is…well, a celestial being and I think special rules apply to her. Destiny was always something she could fulfill."
She looks over the motorboat. Is it particularly large and what color is it?
"Are you the coxswain of the ship or is it family taking you around?"
Anonymous