/vx/ - Videogames and Paranormal


Welcome to the new code.
If you want to see the latest posts from all boards in a convenient way please check out /overboard/
Note: JS is required to be able to post, but I am working on a system where that won't be needed.

Name
Email
Subject
By clicking New Reply, I acknowledge the existence of the Israeli nuclear arsenal.
Comment
0
Select File / Oekaki
File(s)
Password (For file and/or post deletion.)

unknown (3).png
Occupied Equestria - The Thread That Came Late
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133503
133504 133506 135124
In Changelingia (West Equestria), Brie gains the support of a Changeling queen for his endeavors. Spark is doing his best to help an ill Wolf spiritual leader.

In Free Equestria (East Equestria), Iron is trying to intimidate a group of criminal griffin interlopers. Fantasy Play is helping to shut down an Anarchist press. Silver is helping his new household. Amber Sunset is walking through the city, and Dark Star has just finished helping the orphans.
Anonymous
c1a692f
?
No.133505
133508
"Niggers"
Anonymous
3047f61
?
No.133506
133508
>>133503
>>133502 →
Dark star heads over to the black hooves hq
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133508
133509
F705504E-D481-4ECB-9649-CBFFA2EF0091.png
>>133505
*gasps*

>>133506
This is simple enough. He finds Fellipe at the door, who waves at him and lets him in
Anonymous
3047f61
?
No.133509
133510
>>133508
Dark star waves back
"How are you today Fel?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133510
133512
>>133509
He nods
"I'm getting paid to be in airconditioned building, and that's good enough for me right now"
Anonymous
3047f61
?
No.133512
133514
>>133510
Dark star smiles as he walks into the building.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133514
133515
>>133512
Now Dark Star is inside, with the same grey-white receptionist they hired a few days ago at the front desk. Who does he wish to see?
Anonymous
3047f61
?
No.133515
133516
>>133514
He says to the receptionist.
"Hows are you today? Have ypu seen Blue Skies?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133516
133517
>>133515
"Is she..." she looks up to him, then down
"I think she's out on duty. Sea Breeze should know."
Anonymous
3047f61
?
No.133517
133518
>>133516
"Thank you. Where are they at?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133518
133519
>>133517
"Over in his office" She answers
Anonymous
3047f61
?
No.133519
133520
>>133518
He walks over to the office.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133520
133521
>>133519
Entering into the office, Dark Star sees Sea Breeze behind his table, doing paperwork
Anonymous
3047f61
?
No.133521
133522
>>133520
"Good Afternoon,Sir"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133522
133523
>>133521
He turns his head up to Dark Star
"Good Afternoon. Checking in after whatever in the hell went down on the shoreline last night?"
Anonymous
3047f61
?
No.133523
133524
>>133522
"It was a wild night"
He grimaces
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133524
133525
>>133523
"Well... I've heard... Mostly that mission is an R&M detail. But I think it's given you enough of a view into Griffonian culture to understand why it's best we let Griffonian culture stay in Griffonia, and why the Equestrian Project must be preserved."
Anonymous
3047f61
?
No.133525
133526
>>133524
"Yes sir. The griffions i saw last night were savages. The dont belong here."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133526
133527
>>133525
"No. I'm sure the ones they captured will not have a pleasant time on their return to Griffienheim. I just wish we could have captured more of those involved in the process."
Anonymous
3047f61
?
No.133527
133528
>>133526
"Thats the thing about crimainals,sir. They always commit more crime. We'll bust em next time."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133528
133529
>>133527
"Well, that we shall. It's unfortunate that there must be a next time. But really, all of that is more of a problem for Customs. I think you see why we keep them around, even if half of them really ought to be mobilized in the Army."
Anonymous
3047f61
?
No.133529
133530
>>133528
"I dont thonk i had the pleasure of meeting anypony from cistoms yet."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133530
133531
>>133529
"Didn't you meet Parade Pass, or some other officer, when they came to the scene?"
Anonymous
3047f61
?
No.133531
133532
>>133530
"If i did it has slipped my mind,sir."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133532
133533
>>133531
"Well, you should pay them a visit some time. They are an essential part of the organization of the Pony State here in Baltimare, even if they aren't as well organized as we here in the SSA."
Anonymous
3047f61
?
No.133533
133534 133536
>>133532
"I will sometimes,sir. I was actually wondering if you know where miss skies is?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133534
133535
>>133533
Okay, is the goal to definitely meet up with Fantasy Play, or to just see Skies?
Anonymous
3047f61
?
No.133535
133536
>>133534
To meet up with fantasy
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133536
133537
>>133535
>>133533
He moves back in his seat
"Dark Star" he takes in a breath and sighs
"Before we move on from the aftermath of Hoebuck, there is one crucial part of that operation that does concern this agency. One that I'm afraid you and Skies overlooked. Slipped right under your snouts."
Anonymous
3047f61
?
No.133537
133538
>>133536
He Looks concerned
"What did we miss?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133538
133539
>>133537
"Tell me Dark Star. Have you ever heard of Special Monster Interdiction and Law Enforcement?"
Anonymous
3047f61
?
No.133539
133540
>>133538
His expression chamges to puzzlement
"I cant say that i have"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133540
133541
>>133539
"Well..." He turns his head to look over down and to the right, his line of sight ending at the wall.

"Every nation has matters that threaten its stability, and the safety of its people. Matters that must be handled with discretion... In Equestria, long ago, the role of handling these dangers was taken by the Inquisition, as it still is in Griffienheim, albeit under more State control. In many more modern countries, like ours, there is a special police force responsible for the security and stability of the nation and its ruling party. But Equestria... it seemed to be lacking any such special police force, didn't it? Once the Inquisition withered away..."

He looks back up directly at Dark Star
"Now, you know, going into Hoebuck, we sort of just assumed that what went on in Hoebuck, the true nature of that operation, was unknown to the Equestrian government. Customs went and searched the files and could only find a little. But then they asked us. And after the mess of last night, we decided to check the archives in Canterlot. And you'd be amazed at what records we found sealed away in the mines under Canterlot."
Anonymous
3047f61
?
No.133541
133542
>>133540
Dark star cocks an eyebrow.
"What was found,sir?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133542
133543
>>133541
"Well, what we found is that the Equestrians knew significantly more than they ever let anyone know. The first time they entered that building, they discovered evidence of cult activity. Just like you. They arrested who they could, and tried to shut it down. They may have gotten further, but the leaders of the cult and smuggling operation got away. Must have had a heads up warning. Most of those arrested were either released without charge, or deported without notifying the Griffienheim government of the cult activity. They made their way back... But the Equestrians did raid the church. They did capture more than a few of the senior priests. And they did set the cultists back several years. They kept what they found a secret from the general public and from the Baltimare Police, even." He shakes his head.

"They must have not wanted to turn local opinion against Griffonian Immigrants. Must have thought it would be bad for integration, or something. They also didn't want to shut down smugglers generally, or deport immigrants who were caught. Now of course we know that if you don't deport immigrants who hire smugglers, they just assume that any money spent on smugglers will result in them getting here whether they get caught or not, but that was their 'soft' approach. Anyways... This gets us back to the Equestrian Special Police, the Special Monster Interdiction and Law Enforcement. You see, Equestria did have their own secret police to hunt down Changeling Infiltrators, to spy, and to hunt bugbears. And they tried to track down the smugglers involved in Hoebuck."
Anonymous
3047f61
?
No.133543
133544
>>133542
Dark star looks intruiged at the idea that there are secret police that kill monsters
"This is very interesting,sir. Did they succseed in hunting them down?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133544
133545
>>133543
"No. No they didn't. But you see, it's not because they didn't try. The primary agent assigned to the Baltimare smuggling operation died in the line of duty. They say that as she was riding a ferry in the harbor, she fell into the water and drowned, pulled down by the undertoe and her body dragged out to sea, or more likely caught underneath a pier somewhere. But this agent was a hippogriff. And whoever heard of a hippogriff who drowned? Even the Equestrians didn't believe it, as they tried to investigate, and I am sure they would have launched a more thorough homicide investigation if they didn't need to divert resources into tracking down Changeling infiltrators.

But you see, I have a theory. Well, not really my theory, I got it from an analyst who went through all of this information, But I have a theory, and that theory is that the agent in question was never found because she never died. I believe she was taken captive, found by you, and then pretended to be an indentured servant alien so as to slip by you. How does that sound to you?"
Anonymous
3047f61
?
No.133545
133546
>>133544
Dark star blinks rapidly mouth agape
"I uh...what? Why?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133546
133547
>>133545
"Why? It's rather simple. The secret police apparatus doesn't belong to the nation, so much as to the particular state and its controlling ideology. S.M.I.L.E. was Equestria's primary intelligence agency. They very nearly discovered our planned landings, and the only reason they didn't is because of a favor of the Changeling Infiltration branch, and even they only barely outsmarted S.M.I.L.E. She is a special agent of Princess Twilight. Not the last soldier fighting her cause to be sure, but surely alone in the moment. And so she pretended to be an innocent alien, and slipped by. I have to wonder just how many dangerous cultists, smugglers, and criminals, slipped by the Equestrians by pretending to be innocent aliens. It seems she learned something in her time on the case."
Anonymous
3047f61
?
No.133547
133548
>>133546
Dark star sighs
"I feel like i've failed our ponies by not detaining her."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133548
133549
>>133547
He gives a curt nod, and pulls up a hoof
"That's alright. I can understand the desire to be compassionate. Kindness is, after all, a cherished pony value. But in this case, we have an intelligence operative who could meet up with resistance groups, or even worse, with the government of her birth country where she has dual citizenship."
Anonymous
3047f61
?
No.133549
133550
>>133548
"I understand,sir. Do we have any more intel on her? Maybe we can find her before she flees."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133550
133552
>>133549
"A few addresses. Where she used to live, where creatures she knew used to live, and the old headquarters in Baltimare. Maybe she will check there. But otherwise, who knows."
Anonymous
3047f61
?
No.133552
133553
>>133550
"Hmmm has anypony checked them out?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133553
133554 135125
>>133552
He shakes his head
"To try to intercept her? No. We could send an agent or two to look for her."
Anonymous
3047f61
?
No.133554
133555 135125
>>133553
"That could be a good idea"
Sorry i gotta sleep now fren.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133555
>>133554
Goodnight. I hope you play again soon
Anonymous
2ab3651
?
No.133561
133562 133571
501EEF9B-D0A6-4BCB-AABC-582DEB67FD02.gif
Tell me when anypony is available
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133562
133563
>>133561
>>133487 →

"Okay," Fantasy says and nods. "I would take some if you have any to spare that is."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133563
133564
>>133562
"Oh, yes. There's a few. It explains all of this stuff a lot better than I could, really."
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133564
133565
>>133563
"Are you sure? You explain it well to me, While it was a bit complicated at times, you seemed to really know what you were talking about?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133565
133566
>>133564
"Well, these things help you to organize your thoughts, you know?. They help to put what you already know and have seen into words more clearly. I've been here and I've seen a lot of it since the uprising back in '90. Well, I have a couple pamphlets about that. About the centralization of power and whatnot. And a few more about the Resistance. But if you don't already know all of this stuff, well, there's a lot of good stuff in there. And you won't hear in on the radio or read it in the newspaper."
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133566
133567
>>133565
Fantasy nods. Then she hangs her head forward with a glum look on her face.

"Part of me doesn't really wanna see them, you know?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133567
133569
>>133566
She blinks, but cuts the next part of her hair
“Why is that?”
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133569
133570 133572
>>133567
Fantasy looks down into her lap.

"Becuase if you're right then my Dad might loose his shop in the future. If the goverment is run by ponies who doesn't care about their citizens then I cannot afford to sit on the sidelines. But don't like conflicts..."
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133570
133572
>>133569
"But you seem like a nice pony so I don't think you're a liar."
Anonymous
4b38890
?
No.133571
133572
>>133561
If Amber's next stage is ready, I can play, otherwise I don't mind watching on the sidelines.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133572
133573 133574
>>133569
She takes a step back, frees her right hoof, and pats the back of Fantasy’s head.
“There there, little pony. I can understand the worry. You should be worried. But I can also understand the desire to avoid conflict. Remember most of all that it isn’t supposed to be your fight alone. This is a struggle that concerns all of the masses of the creatures, and it’s in our numbers that we show we will not be put down. But you don’t really have to do anything. I just think you should know. Become ‘class conscious.’ When that happens... you’ll know what to do.”

>>133570
“Well, either way, you don’t have to take my word for it. We have a little novella. There’s this pony I know who used to be in the unions who drops them off for me, since he knows I see a lot of creatures. You can take a couple.”

>>133571
Um... do you know what you want Amber to do?
Amber Sunset
4b38890
?
No.133573
133575
>>133572
Yes, Amber will trot to the west, deeper inland, eager to put that stallion's lurid stories out of her mind.
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133574
133575
>>133572
Fantasy nods.

"I think I will take some," she says and sends a smile via the mirror toward the mare behind her. "Thank you."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133575
133576 133577
>>133573
Amber goes further inland to find, first of all, that the grid pattern gives blocks that are longer north to south and thus there are fewer streets crossing East to West. Going further, she finds that many of these buildings are run down or crowded together. At one point she finds a street with a make shift barricade at the front of it, although it seems to be pushed open at the moment to allow for thru traffic

>>133574
Another snip
“But be careful with them. The fascists will be suspicious of you if they know you have them.”
Amber Sunset
4b38890
?
No.133576
>>133575
Without really thinking of why there would be a barricade on a busy street in a bustling city, the mare passes through it to whatever neighborhood lies beyond.
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133577
133578
>>133575
"Are they illegal?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133578
133579
>>133577
“I think one is, and the other two aren’t.”
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133579
133580
>>133578
"Okay." Fantasy takes a deep breat and clenches her teeth for a moment. "I'll take them but I'll keep the illegal one at home. You would think that no information would be illegal to obtain."
Anonymous
22a52d7
?
No.133580
133581
>>133579
“I know, right? But those in power are afraid of the truth, and want to keep it from us.”
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133581
133582
>>133580
Fantasy smiles.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133582
133583
>>133581
And now, she completes the humane styling, fluffing up Fantasy’s hair so that the forward facing layers are more apparent.
“Well, that’s still five bits” she says
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133583
133584
>>133582
Fantasy looks in the mirror while she turns and tilts her head in it to inspect her new mane.

"Woah, only five bits for this? That's cheap," Fantasy says.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133584
133585
>>133583
She smiles back
“A discount for a fellow. So you can look like you want, but not be so drained financially. I can tell you’re new here, and you probably need it.”

The mane flops a bit, but seems kind of precarious, otherwise the layers may come undone.
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133585
133586
>>133584
"My economy is quite stable at the moment. I don't mind paying full prize," Fantasy brings out her pouch with her magic out of her bag.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133586
133587
>>133585
“All the same” she says.
“But” she looks down. There’s something for you in the back...”
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133587
133588
>>133586
"Heh," Fantasy chuckles. "Well, if you insist." Out of her pouch five bits fly out and form a tower on the counter.

"O-okay," Fantasy stammers and swallows. She looks over her shoulder towards the windows.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133588
>>133587
She goes to the back and opens a door and carefully moves something just out of Fantasy's view on what seems to be a wooden shelf to the left. She thinks she sees a small steel box move and open, but she pulls out three printed papers, one blue, and two red

"Uh" She looks down, clearly nervous herself. She looks at the papers, and then tenders them towards Fantasy, as if she doesn't know what to do with them
"Here."

Blue Skies keeps her eyes on Mint, while nopony passes outside in the moment
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133589
133590
Fantasy quickly pull them into her magic aura, the flap to her bag lifts aside, and then the papers fly into her saddlebag. Fantasy then takes a deep breath and then looks over at Skies .

"There was nopony ouside, right Cloudy?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133590
133591
>>133589
"Hmmm? Oh. No." She answers, looking back

Mint breathes, and smiles awkwardly, seeming nigh exhilarated from the illicit act.
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133591
133592
>>133590
Fantasy releases a breath.

"Well, now I kinda wanna get home and put these-" Fantasy taps the bag with her hoof. "-bad boys under lock and key. Not just stand around with them in public."

"T-thanks again for the cut. Its actually wonderful. I love it." Fantasy beams as she peers up at the fringe of her mane.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133592
133593
>>133591
"Well, they are meant to be read. But fortunately your mane won't need to be kept hidden." She returns to her warmer smile.

The bangs are definitely cut above the eye line, which means that the forward most layer doesn't look that much like Songbird Serenade's mane, although the layers above do
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133593
133595
>>133592
"Hehe. No it doens't. If that ever gets illegal, then I expect every mare in baltimare[?] will riot." Fantasy smiled.
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133594
133595
Fantasy seems a bit nervous.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133595
133596
>>133593
She chuckles

"I bet they would. Don't ever let anycreature take what makes you, you."

>>133594
Mint seems to be a little as well, although less so now that the papers are transferred
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133596
133597
>>133595
"Agreed." Fantasy nods.

"Well, I'll think I take my leave and as I said take these home." Fantasy starts to turn. "This was great. I may come back here if I decide to style my tail and if you do style tails that is. I haven't decided yet. I always wear this cloak so I never bohrter wth it." Fantasy lifts up a patch of fabric of her cloak.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133597
133598
>>133596
"Take care, and come back any time" She says

Blue Skies stands up, not saying a word
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133598
133599
>>133597
Fantasy smiles back.

"Yeah, you too. Thanks again for, you know, everything."

Then Fantasy lets Mr. Snuggles crawl back on her back and walks out of the shop.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133599
>>133598
Mr. Snuggle jumps on Fantasy, and crawls up on her

Fantasy and Blue Skies walk out of the shop, onto the street
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133600
133602
Fantasy walks back the way they came in a controlled pace, not too fast and not to slow.
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133601
133602
A glum expression startsto appear on her features as further away they get. Shetiltes her head forward so the hair falls over her eyes.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133602
133603 133604
>>133600
Blue Skies looks around, and then speaks to Fantasy
"Ugh! Why do they all sound like that? It's like they are made in a factory. I wish they were as well educated about virtue and science as they were about 'class consciousness.' It's hard to suffer through them talking about 'nations dividing the creatures' and 'equality.'"

>>133601
Unfortunately, her new haircut makes this impossible
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133603
>>133602
>Unfortunately, her new haircut makes this impossible
You are right. I thought that but yeah I thought wrong. That makes more sense.
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133604
133605 133606
>>133602
There's a hitch up in Fantasy's throat.

"Hee... Heee... Haaa-haa-ha," exits her mouth.

Her eyes go wide for a second and then she shuts them and tear streams runs down her cheeks.
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133605
133606
>>133604
She stops walking and hangs her head while she sobs.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133606
133607
>>133604
>>133605
Blue Skies pats her

"I'm sorry Fantasy. Many otherwise normal ponies have been claimed by this ideology. That's why we must stop its spread. It's like a virus, forever trying to spread itself as it slowly destroys its hosts."
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133607
133608
>>133606
"I feel so dirty..."

What does Mr. Snuggles do when his owner is in distress?
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133608
133609 133613
>>133607
Call up on the seaponies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iakTl9SZTTY


Blue Skies:
"I don't think it's wrong to pay for a manecut from an Anarchist. You did get a lower price, after all."

It's not clear whether he's responding to Fantasy's emotional state, but he is snuggling up around the base of her mane, and partly underneath it around her shoulders
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133609
133610
>>133608
Fantasy for a moment cracks a smile but then she frowns.
"Hilarious *sob*," Fantasy says and wipes away the snot from her nose with the side of her hoof. "Did we really do the right thing?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133610
133611
>>133609
"Well..." She looks down and away. "You got what we assume are some copies of the pamphlets. But you didn't find out where she got them from, although she sort of hinted at it. On the bright side, it looks like she took a liking to you, and will trust you in the future. So can probably get more information out of her."
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133611
133614
>>133610
Fantasy is silent for a moment.

"She seemed like a nice pony, minus the Anarcho-syndicalism."
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133612
133614
"I don't wanna do that again."
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133613
133645
>>133608
>Seaponies
Sounds like a plan!
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133614
133615 133616 133618
>>133611
"Minus the Anarcho-Syndicalism? It is the Anarcho-Syndicalism that's caused Baltimare to revolt twice before in the past, to vandalize and burn houses of worship and destroy business, to murder police officers, politicians, and generally disrupt the social harmony. It's containing Anarcho-Syndicalism that we're here for."

>>133612
"Why not? You did a pretty good job at it. She seemed to trust and like you and you could certainly go back to her again. And you could probably do this with more mares. I myself often have difficulty with females, but you didn't have any problems."
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133615
>>133614
>I myself often have difficulty with females
Okay, that's a funny line.
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133616
133617
>>133614
She says this but what is the tone of her voice?
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133617
>>133616
First line with regards to anarchism: urging, slightly indignant

Second line, with regards to Fantasy not liking the work: consoling but supportive.
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133618
133619
>>133614
Fantasy still looks a bit sad when she lifts up her head to meet Blue Skies' gaze. She wipes away her tears with her hoof.

"I'll need some time... to... mull this over. Do we go back and leave these pamphlets at headquarters?" Fantasy taps her saddlebag. "Or can we visit a dairy bar before that I could go for an ice-cream."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133619
133620
>>133618
"We can leave the pamphlets back at headquarters, sure. I'm not sure how much information about their origins we can gleam from that. What we really need is for Mint to give up the name of the pony who is providing her these pamphlets, as that pony - hopefully - knows the actual source. It would make sense to wait a while before coming back to her though, so it seems like you've had time to read them and consider what she said." She blinks. "There's enough time for ice-cream."
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133620
133622
>>133619
Fantasy seems to be half-listening at first but thwn she nods.

"Then let's leave for that dairy bar. I need something to cool my head. It is burning up like furance."

She starts to walk over but thens stops and turns around.

"Well, heh. I guess you should lead the way."
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133621
>She starts to walk over but thens stops and turns around.
>"Well, heh. I guess you should lead the way."
And the prize of the most jarring tone-shift goes to...
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133622
>>133620
"I don't... really know many dairy bars... uh..."
She turns around to Fantasy and looks at her skeptically
"It's winter, and you have less hair now to keep your head warm."

[1d20 = 6]
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133623
133624 133626
"Tell that to my head," Fantasy rubs her forehead with her hoof. "But fine, let's just go back to HQ and I will slump down in a couch there or something while drowning myself in cold tap water."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133624
133625 133626
>>133623
"No... We can, uh, find an ice cream place. Somewhere."
Blue Skies looks around

"If you had asked for a bar I would have a dozen local recommendations. Let me see, where have I seen an ice cream parlor..."
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133625
>>133624
Fantasy remembers the map she bought at the train station and holds it out between them in her magic.

"I wonder if this has dairy bars amrked on it."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133626
133627
>>133624
>>133623
After a few blocks, and looking down to each side, Blue Skies says "There we go" and trots over to the left, to a corner shop in a building with a white coloration and a set of colored circles over the top that look like icecream in a bowl. Going inside, there is a tan stallion at the counter, and of course many flavors of icecream on display
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133627
133628 133629
>>133626
Fantasy orders a bowl with three balls of ice-cream if they exist. She orders blueberry, chocklate, and strawberry flavours. On that she pours caramell sauce and a slice of banana. Is this possible?
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133628
>>133627
[1d2 = 2]
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133629
>>133627
Strawberry, Chocolate, caramel sauce and banana slices are all available. But Blueberry ice-cream, unfortunately, is not available
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133630
133631
That's fine, she then takes something random for that ball of ice-cream and pays the stallion. She then moves towards a desolate table where the two can speak in private.

What does Skies order? Does she order anything?
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133631
133632
>>133630
There' s a mint flavor. Just saying....
The ice cream costs seven bits
Blue Skies: "More expensive than a mane cut"
Skies does not order anything

There is a table past the door in the corner of the parlor, where the two may sit
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133632
133633
>>133631
Fantasy sits down there.

She sneaks a spoon of ice-cream over to her cat and holds a hoof below it to catch any spill.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133633
133634
>>133632
Mr. Snuggles moves his head back at the spoon shoved in his face.... At first. But after a moment, he licks the ice cream
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133634
133635
>>133633
After he is done, Fantasy takes a spoon for herself. Her spoon cuts a banana slice into a smaller piece, dips it in caramell suace, and then scoop up some chocklad ice-cream on the spoon.

"Mmm..." she mumbles with plasure on her features after she had consumed the spoon's contents.

She then sighs a calming sigh.

She meets the gaze of Skies.

"You didn't buy anything," she says.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133635
133645
>>133634
"Well, no... I have to keep my figure after all."
She has a sort of half-smile
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133636
133638
I'll stop here for today. This was a great session.
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133637
133638
:D
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133638
>>133636
>>133637
Huzzah! Goodnigth, and I'll see you again
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133645
133646 133647
>>133613
Ah, in distress. Call up on... Okay, I got it.

>>133635
Fantasy's eyebrows heighten.

"Well, good thing I don't."
Anonymous
22a52d7
?
No.133646
133648
5DD461C4-0611-41F8-8CDF-2454F43F242B.jpeg
>>133645
She gives a kind of confused smile, and then shrugs

“Well... carry on eating then.”
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133647
>>133645
Then she smiled.
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133648
133649
>>133646
Fantasy eats a bit more in silence. After some time has passed, Fantasy make eye-contact with Skies again. Her face still carries the glum exprsssion from before but perhaps a bit less strained.

"So, you said I did good for my first time?" she says.
Anonymous
22a52d7
?
No.133649
133650
>>133648
Blue Skies seems to stare at her the whole time while Fantasy eats her ice cream.

“I mean you bonded with her fairly well. Made her think you were real, that you were interested in what she was trying to sell. But you didn’t get the name of her friend.” She tilts her head and looks off to the side. “Not that she would have given that to a filly she just met anyways.”
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133650
133651
>>133649
Fantasy nods.

"Though, I wonder a bit, now in hindsight, mmmm.... Why you gave me this mission. I said that my specialities *lips smack* were sneaking and illusions and you gave me a social infiltration mission," Fantasy says while taking spoons of ice-cream. "But I'm glad I did well, though." Fantasy adds.
Anonymous
22a52d7
?
No.133651
133652
>>133650
“Well... The Blackhooves don’t exactly get to chose what tasks they have to do. Preventing the spread of propaganda that may incite rebellion is just part of the job description.”

Then she looks at Fantasy, and smiles wickedly
“Besides. Who says you won’t get to sneak and use illusions? We’ve only just begun.”
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133652
133653
>>133651
Fantasy still looking a bit guilty cracks a small smile.

"I'm glad that it can still happen," she says. "Does this mean I'm hired?"
Anonymous
22a52d7
?
No.133653
133654
>>133652
“Well” she looks up and off to the side. Then back to Fantasy with a more norma smile. “On a mission-by-mission basis. We use quite a few local informants, after all.”
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133654
133655
>>133653
Fantasy nods.

"That's fine. While I do this for the cause, I cannot live on that alone and I have a feeling I will try to take on as many missions as possible. I want to at least a get a small salary per mission.
Anonymous
22a52d7
?
No.133655
133657
>>133654
“Don’t worry about that. They pay by the mission, by the bounty, and for information. For as long as the sparks of rebellion threaten to become fires, there will be missions.”
Amber Sunset
4b38890
?
No.133656
133658
Ready to play
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133657
133658
>>133655
Fantasy scrapes up the last part of the now melted ice-cream from the bowl.

"Okay," Fantasy says and nods. "Then I say I like to return and cash in these pamphlets." Fantasy tries to wink at Skies but since she still feels bad it comes off as forced and pats her bag. "It would also be intresting to read what they say. Maybe we can find some clues on the whereabouts of the printers on them."
Anonymous
22a52d7
?
No.133658
133659 133660
>>133656
Um... let me see if I can think of anything

>>133657
“You can try...” she says
“But I’m not sure it will be so simple.”
Amber Sunset
4b38890
?
No.133659
>>133658
No rush, still really tired.
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133660
133661 133662
>>133658
"Yeah, probably," Fantasy says.

Fantasy stands up and walks over to the tan stallion.

"The ice-cream was tasteful. I may return."

She then leaves teh establisment with Mr. Snuggles on her back. I assume that Skies follow after.

"There were two times which I had to stop myself from speaking up before." Fantasy looks into the ground. "When she talked about equality and hierachies and the idea that the fascists were trying to divide creatures through nationality.

"First, I don't believe that, even if we wanted to, a world could exist without hierarchies. It's just the nature of nature.

Fantasy starts to stare up into the sky above.

"Second, I find it sad and hilarious taht she thinks that the divide between creatures is artifical but the one between classes isn't."
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133661
>>133660
Tasteful*
Or delicious
Anonymous
22a52d7
?
No.133662
133663
>>133660
She nods
“I know the feel. I’ve had to learn to hold my tongue as well. There is a hierarchy of creatures in nature, and for the same reasons, a hierarchy in everything nature produces. Ponies who follow these ideologies tend to hate hierarchy because they often find themselves on the bottom. They don’t understand how to run a society or an economy. You couldn’t run a daycare without a clear understanding who who does what and who has final say in what is done, let alone a country. As for this ‘unity across nations... they don’t understand that ponies are like ands and bees. They live in hives by nature. Destroying the hive does little good.”

She sighs
“But ideologues similar to these, if not the same, hold sway in many parts of Equestria and parts of the world. It will take a long time to rehabilitate this area. Everypony has their place. Everypony has their role. Fighting that leads to unhappiness. But making ponies see that... is more challenging than I’d wish.”
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133663
133664
>>133662
Fantasy mostly nods throghout Skies' dialogue.

"Mmm... Yes. Though I would say that mare knew her craft well. I assume that she thinks stuff like this because she pities the creature and ponies below her. She might not fully understand that money cannot be given to everypony that has it rough.

"Although, from where I'm form this did not matter because ponies help each other for free. The idea that social benefits from the tgoverment were to solve everything never even entered our minds."
Anonymous
22a52d7
?
No.133664
133665
>>133663
She shrugs
“She’s an Earth Pony. They always find themselves on the bottom of society, and they always want to get out of it. Government is a tool of it sometimes. Sometimes it’s unions. But always, it’s the same peasant revolt.”
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133665
133666
>>133664
"I suppose that's fair. I wouldn't trust some higher standing ponies to always be on the lookout for my best intrests. To seek power isn't wrong but the methods can be.


"Though I would say that I never seen any branch of socialism as peasenats revolting, its kmore like they are used by someone powerful to their purposes rather than for a cause." <- Would have liked to add this buI'm not sure if this is something she would say.


"Anyway, let's get back to HQ."
Anonymous
22a52d7
?
No.133666
133667 133749
>>133665
“Seeking power is wrong when the ponies seeking it can’t use it well” she says.

But the two ponies walk back to HQ, arriving back at the offices
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133667
>>133666
I guess we'll stop here until Dark Star returns.

Anyway, this a was fun and a fine session. .
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bd13d36
?
No.133668
133669
Once it gets closer to dinner, Silver gets up and goes to the kitchen to prepare their food.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133669
133670
>>133668
This is pretty straightforward, with the kitchen having all the necessary equipment, and mod ingredients
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bd13d36
?
No.133670
133671 133673
>>133669
Then Silver gets to work preparing the stroganoff. He also tries pan frying some of the crocogator meat they got for Mala.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133671
133672 133673
>>133670
Hopefully Silver knows how to prepare both. The electric stove isn’t quite as powerful as the gas or even wood stoves Silver is familiar with, but he makes so
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bd13d36
?
No.133672
133674 133675
>>133671
cooking pony noises
Anonymous
4b38890
?
No.133673
133674 133677
>>133670
>>133671
Be thankful you aren't being asked to roll for cooking. inb4 roll 1 and burn the house down
Anonymous
2ab3651
?
No.133674
BD233399-19B3-4B5D-82BE-DE41737B5F09.png
>>133672
>>133673
Hmmm.... Tempting
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133675
133676
>>133672
Silver is able to complete both: stroganoff, and fried alligator
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bd13d36
?
No.133676
133678
>>133675
Silver sets the table, and calls out to the household.

"Dinner!"
Anonymous
29673c8
?
No.133677
133678
>>133673
I'll probably leave the station soon if Darkstar doesn't show. Then I'll just check on the pamhplets and then leave. Our characters can bump into each other on the streets.

I will give Darkstar sometime thought but otherwise it make sesne that my charcter would take the rest of the day off and not meet Darkstar (if he doesn't appear) since he is in a meeting with Seabreeeze.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133678
133710
>>133676
Khoi and Jubilosa enter the room together, while Mala, last to enter, is the first to the table. Jubilosa looks with intrigue at the new food while Khoi examines it with caution. Mala sniffs both the struganoff and the fried alligator with enthusiasm

>>133677
Hopefully he'll be around tomorrow...
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bd13d36
?
No.133710
133711
>>133678
Silver serves up portions of the stroganoff onto everyone's plates, and serves up a portion of fried gator to Mala. He looks over to the other carnivore in the room.

"Want some crocogator, Jubilosa?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133711
133721
>>133710
Each of the creatures looks at the strogranoff as it is placed. Mala bends over to sniff the stroganoff, and then the fried alligator. Jubilosa looks down at the stroganoff with curiousity, and then picks up a fork to move it. Khoi is rather skeptical of the stroganoff, unsure about it.

Jubilosa:
"Crocogator? What's a crocogator?"
But when she looks over to Mala's plate, she says,
"Oh. Sure. I'll try it, I guess."
Anonymous
6594ab4
?
No.133712
133713
I'll wait a bit more. No stress.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133713
1597345994392.jpg
>>133712
Hopefully Dark Star will return soon. Hopefully...
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bd13d36
?
No.133721
133724 133725
>>133711
The stroganoff moves, well, like a cassarole. Noodles provide the base of the dish, covered in a simple sauce of cream of mushroom soup and sour cream, with extra mushrooms to add more substance to the meal.

He looks over to Khoi, and smiles.

"Go ahead, try it. It is quite good!"

He sevres some meat to Jubilosa and then sits down in front of his own plate. He licks his lips before digging into the satisfying meal.
Anonymous
ab45c57
?
No.133722
133723
We need to send a radio signal to see if Dark Star and Iron are okay
Anonymous
f80e909
?
No.133723
>>133722
I’m pretty sure Iron is okay, I just need to stop being lazy and summon him
Anonymous
f80e909
?
No.133724
133725
>>133721
Khoi seems rather hesitant looking at it. She looks over to Mala and Jubilosa.

Jubilosa, however, uses a fork to try to pick up some of the aligator meet, moving it up in her beak in exactly the manner you’d expect a bird to eat. Mala basically just puts his muzzle directly in the Stroganoff.

[1d2 = 1]
Anonymous
f80e909
?
No.133725
133739
>>133724
>>133721
Khoi picks up a fork, and starts nibbling on the Stroganov, with an expression of discomfort and uncertainty
Anonymous
ab45c57
?
No.133733
133734 133735
If Dark Star and/or Fantasy shows up I can squeeze in a session, otherwise I won't be here
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133734
126056.jpg
>>133733
Um... Okay
Anonymous
c398d98
?
No.133735
133736
>>133733
Would like to play but has some stuff on my mind. I think another day. I just can't hack it today. However, I think my character will seek out yours next time I play.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133736
2371220__safe_artist-colon-lollipony_twilightsparkle_alicorn_pony_animated_cute_donut_female_floppye.gif
>>133735
Um, okay. Hope you can play tomorrow
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bd13d36
?
No.133739
133741
>>133725
Silver at least looks like he's enjoying the meal.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133741
133743
>>133739
Jubilosa eats a piece of alligator, and then another and another. She's eaten a significant portion of it before she tries the Stroganoff. She takes a small sample with her fork, tastes it, and looks off to the side to contemplate it, before using her fork to eat it in earnest.

Mala sticks his muzzle into the stroganov and eats a portion of it, before pulling his muzzle out and licking his nose and lips - covered in cream - for many seconds, before placing his muzzle into the plate of fried aligator. Mala eats all of the fried alligator quickly, always directly with his mouth, simply biting off pieces where the meat is too large to swallow. When this is done, Mala goes back to the stroganov, especially liking to lick up the cream.

Khoi is the slowest to eat, trying but struggling to use a fork, before using her magic directly to pick up noodles. She chews the noodles extensively, unlike Jubilosa and Mala, who don't or very possibly can't chew. She often looks over to Mala and Jubilosa with concern o judgement, and while Mala does not notice, her glance seems to provoke Jubilosa to switch from the alligator meat to the stroganov. Khoi avoids the cream where she can, and eats mostly just the noodles.
Anonymous
ab45c57
?
No.133742
133744
Nova Griffonia is a much better country to play for a new player than Equestria is. You won't get dec'd on by anyone else and there are hardly any unexpected surprises. There are several very fun paths to go down, and the research bonuses you get from national focuses are useful for keeping up in different areas.

I picked Goldfeather for the ancap memes and it's actually a fun and very different way to play the game. You can actually get civilian factories in return for volunteers which is a great help for such a small country, and it lets you play the game and get experience without risk of getting invaded. I've found that special ops units (mountaineers and knights in particular) are the best option, at least because my main army templates are still substandard. You can basically ignore navy and air force as you can't use those as mercenaries, though I'm playing catch-up with those since I'm boosting fascism across the northern hemisphere and maybe making a faction.

Also it was disappointing to see how the Equestria AI trounced the Karthianian Empire. Then again, it clearly had naval superiority whereas my navy was bugged in the other game. Interestingly that bug hasn't surfaced in this game. Also the Griffonian Republic's faction declared war on the Empire which never happened in my last game.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bd13d36
?
No.133743
133744
>>133741
Silver looks up from his food and over to Khoi. His raises his eyebrow and tilts his head slightly to the left.

"Why do you not use fork?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133744
133754
>>133742
I remember playing Goldfeather... It's been over a year and a half, but I do remember it. Nova Griffonia can be fun. Navies haven't really entirely worked right since Man the Guns.

>>133743
She looks back to him, with wide eyes.
"Uh...."
Anonymous
43d46bc
?
No.133749
133753
>>133666
>“Seeking power is wrong when the ponies seeking it can’t use it well”
Kind of like this qoute.
Anonymous
0d9345d
?
No.133752
133753
This is getting pretty far off-topic, but has anyone else played Darkest Hour? I wanted to get some vanilla HOI in but for some strange reason the vanilla game crashes after loading though EaW works fine. The next best thing was to try Darkest Hour, a "Hearts of Iron game" that is a standalone built by the modding community. It's based on HOI2 which I've heard is the best HOI game. It certainly is a very different sort of game and has a vast amount of depth.

The amount of depth in the game is astounding. For one, the time-frame extends from WW1 all the way to 1970. The densely-packed research system works off a research team system--rather than have a flat bonus based on government ministers (though you can get that too), you hire teams according to their expertise and skill level. I think the political system is far superior since rather than four ideologies, you get ten Kaiserreich-style depending on the axes of democratic/authoritarian and left/right. Diplomacy and intelligence are both self-managing for the most part. Although there are decisions, there are no focus trees, and outside of special events you can change the path of your country's politics only very gradually. Being an older game it isn't heavy on the visuals (and I still don't know if there are any hotkeys), but it makes up for it with the sheer amount of flavor text in the game (every historical government minister of every country is present!)

Part of me wishes that EaW was made in this game because of how well-grounded everything is. HOI4 is definitely a much more arcadey and "dumbed-down" game in comparison, but that probably works better for a cartoony setting. Still, if you like the history aspect of Hearts of Iron then check out DH.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133753
>>133749
Huzzah! I got one good line of dialogue

>>133752
That does sound pretty neat. It reminds me of the "Realism Invictus" mod for Civilization 4, which has something like three times the detail of the base game
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.133754
133755
>>133744
Silver smiles at her.

"It is okay, I am just curious. I have not seen unicorn - or kirin, in this case - eat like that."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133755
133756
>>133754
She is silent for a moment, looks down, then back up to Silver, and blinks

"What is this?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.133756
133757
>>133755
"What is what? Fork? Stroganoff? I am afraid you will have to be more specific."
Anonymous
f80e909
?
No.133757
133758
>>133756
“This”
She points to the cream
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.133758
133759
>>133757
He looks at the cream, and gives an amused smile.

"Cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. It is very good!"

He demonstrates by using his fork to impale some noodles and a large piece of mushroom from his plate, scooping up some of the cream sauce, and eating the savoury bite with a look of definite enjoyment.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133759
133760
>>133758
She watches with something between fascination and horror
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.133760
133764
>>133759
Silver swallows the bite, and smiles at Khoi.

"You do not have to eat it, and you especially are not obligated to like it, but it would be nice to see you try it before you give final judgement."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133764
133766
>>133760
She blinks
“But what is it?”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.133766
133767
>>133764
Now Silver looks confused.

"Cream of mushroom soup and sour cream...? I am afraid I do not understand."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133767
133769
>>133766
“Yes. This uh... this ‘sour cream’ she says.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.133769
133770
>>133767
"Oh, that! Sour cream is made from cow's milk."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133770
133771
>>133769
She narrows her eyes and slowly nods her head
“I see...”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.133771
133772
>>133770
Silver now looks even more confused.

"What is wrong, Khoi?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133772
133773 133774
>>133771
“Is using animal for food.” She says
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.133773
133775
>>133772
"...uh...well, yes, I suppose technically. It does not hurt cow to make, though."
Anonymous
ab45c57
?
No.133774
133779
>>133772
"You drink the BREAST MILK of a sentient creature, what's wrong with you!"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133775
133777
>>133773
“Are you sure though?”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.133777
133778 133779
>>133775
Silver nods.

"Absolutely."
Anonymous
ab45c57
?
No.133778
>>133777
I don't want to be the one looking this up, but did they use certain machines to incentivise cows to produce milk in the 1940's and would those exist in Equestria?
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133779
133780
>>133774
Pretty much, yes.

>>133777
She looks up at him, silently for a moment, and then over to the other two

“Very well...”

She picks up more noodles with her magic, and tries to eat them
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.133780
133781
>>133779
Silver shrugs to her use of magic instead of her fork, and resumes eating the last of the stroganoff on his plate. He leans back in his seat once he's finished, giving his stomach a satisfied pat.

"Ahhhhh, that hit spot..."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133781
133782
>>133780
Mala is the first to finish eating, licking the plate repeatedly, then his lips, and then sitting up. Jubilosa takes a little longer, eating the stroganoff and then the alligator meat with her fork. Khoi is still eating, picking up strands of noodles, and then using her spoon to pick up mushrooms. She doesn’t pick up cream, but she doesn’t push it off the noodles either.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.133782
133787
>>133781
To be considerate, Silver waits for Khoi to finish before getting up. He turns to Jubilosa and Mala.

"So, what did you two think?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133787
133850
>>133782
Mala nods, with his triangle ears now pointing towards Silver as he smiles. Jubilosa

“Hehe, what is this stuff called again? Is this from your homeland?”

Khoi is silent until at least Jubilosa is finished speaking
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133800
133801
Do you smell what the Iron's cooking?

Iron softly exhales from his snout, stabilizing his breath after his small skirmish against the two weapon-wielding griffin mafiosos back at the pier.
(We might be here for a while,) he muses.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133801
133802
>>133800
No... But Iron can smell salt water and cigarettes

A fast but light "clop clop clop," and then:
"What the hell was the that?" White Sands sounds a little frustrated
"You made them pull weapons on you."
She turns her head to the side, then quickly turns it back
"Be grateful they didn't have submachine guns."
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133802
133806
>>133801
Good. Because he's a terrible cook.

Iron turns to Sands, ears drooped and puckered lips at the truthful accusation.
"I might need to practice goading them into hoof fights," he admits in a low tone, realizing the circumstances he's in "the coat shredders, "suh-ma-chin" guns, really hurt last time I got hit by them."
Glancing at the planks his hooves currently perched themselves on for a bit, he glances up at the mare once more. "...Should I directly challenge them to a hoof fight from the getgo?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133806
133807
>>133802
Shee blinks, and her entire body seems to ease up as tension fades away

"That's most likely better than vague threats. Insults will make them angry. They will make them want to hurt you. Threats, however, may just make them fear you. And every creature, no matter what it is, is at its most dangerous when it is afraid."

She moves along again, past Iron
"Hoof fights... who knows. You'll have your most success with the bigger ones, the ones who think they're most likely to win in a fight against you. But successful hoof fight challenges are definitely the safest way to do this."

She looks back to him from past him
"Then again, the whole point of this operation is scare them away... so you can't really ever completely remove the danger from it."
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133807
133809
>>133806
Iron nods, somewhat understanding the balance explained to him and being reminded specifically what he had to do to those griffons.
"So I should find bulkier individuals whose main course of action is to fight barehoof," he answers "so that they choose to fight with it even with threats."
Nodding to himself, the native smacks his lips, thinking up the remainder of his plan. "If I recall correctly, there was a famous griffin in this area. They must have a bulky guard on him to dissuade any sort of goading towards him. He might be a good target to scare by beating up those protecting him."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133809
133811
>>133807
She moves directly in front of him
"He'll have a guard or two or three for sure. They'll need to be beat up... To send a message. What worries me is if they have hitgriffs. Professional killers. Those griffins could be far deadlier..." she looks down, then back up
"Challenging the bigger ones to a fight, or otherwise provoking them... that's a good move. But the smaller griffins, well, they won't want to attack you without weapons." Then she looks to Iron with her head tilted away.
"Maybe they could be lured into a trap. They could think they are going after an easier target."
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133811
133812
>>133809
Iron hums softly, glancing at the probably smaller griffons behind Sands.
"What sort of traps would they be attracted to?" he asks out loud before looking back at Sands. "Perhaps we could try to stand up to the civilian ponies that may have suffered from any aggressive tactics aimed at them in order to scare them into complacency instead. They're essentially the easier target, although I do not recall hearing any complaints about them."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133812
133814
>>133811
"Trying to stop whatever they are doing will definitely do it, that's for sure. If they don't know what they're fighting they won't be prepared.

But, if that doesn't work, their attempts to teach an obnoxious unicorn mare a lesson could go horribly wrong."
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133814
133815
>>133812
Iron's snout scrunches slightly, having the faintest feeling of dread from her last sentence, blinking softly in response.
"...D-did you just-"
Then as suddenly as the apprehension appeared, it dissipates from the bigger plan in motion, spiking his ears up.
"Oh! I see! That sounds like a good idea, actually. Specially if said mare has some injuries on her. But where could that happen?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133815
133816
>>133814
"Where ever the griffins are, we go to them. Or if you are willing to take more time, whatever it is they value, we go to that and threaten it. Either way, let them not know what is coming."
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133816
133818
>>133815
"Find the griffins," Iron repeats, confirming the first option to be more fool-proof before glancing around the area "...where were those places, again?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133818
133819
>>133816
"Well, evidently they have a location operating hear around the piers. They are trying to operate a fishing company, or something. But they'll want to have businesses as fronts, and as places to congregate... There's probably a restaurant or a bar or something somewhere around here they like to congregate too."
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133819
133821
>>133818
"Sounds to me we'll stick around these piers for a while," Iron responds with a nod "unless we get hungry for... feathers?"
He wore a small, sheepish smile as he glances, finding it mildly difficult to keep the hidden meaning flowing along smoothly.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133821
133822
>>133819
"Heh" She briefly smiles, but returns to a serious expression.

"One more thing. We're not in Baltimare anymore. Police will probably still respond to gunshots, and always be careful of witnesses, but if they find us, they aren't going to assume we're involved in gang violence, or that we are potential thieves. They are going to see a poor, innocent mare, and her stallion - admittedly a slightly scarier looking stallion, but a pony stallion nevertheless. And when they look at our adversaries, they will see big, mean griffins with foreign accents, questionable paperwork - Interlopers in land that in their eyes, belongs to ponies. And they will make their own conclusions as to what happened, who was the aggressor, and who the victim."
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133822
133823
>>133821
"I understand," Iron answers with a nod "so keep the gang talk to only key moments and do it subtly so only the gangsters hear the threats."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133823
133824
>>133822
"Well, don't be afraid of the police if you can't outrun them. No need to dive into salt water this time, for instance..." she narrows her eyes a little at these words

"But as for the gangsters, it's a delicate balance to make them want to hurt you, without making them think they need to destroy you."
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133824
133825
>>133823
Iron nods once more, licking his lips softly as he look to his naked form, hide hopefully covering whatever scars he may have gotten these past few days.
"...considering somepony else will activate their drive to hurt, I do not think it will be necessary for me to do much..."
As soon as that thought crosses his head, his eyes widened and, with a small excited hop and renewed vigor, he quickly turns to Sands. "I know! I will stutter on purpose so my threats are not as deep as they usually would."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133825
133827
>>133824
He'll need a long coat for that, as he is quite scarred. Hopefully hair will cover what time has not yet.

She nods
"Stuttering. That sounds like a clever trick. Make your enemies think that you are already afraid of them. They won't feel as threatened."
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133827
133829
>>133825
"Great!" Iron exclaims, getting excited to execute their plan before inhaling deeply, composing himself in order not to be blinded by the raw anticipation of battle "Let us commence our plans, then: Find griffons, the mare goads them and the stallion comes out the moment they take action. Like fishing... birds in a... pond."
The native took a second to process his last statement before chuckling softly at his raw attempt at a simile.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133829
133830
>>133827
A malign smile comes across her face
"A plan well executed is always a pleasure to behold."
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133830
133831 133832
>>133829
Iron nods a couple of times excitedly, clearly agreeing about it more due to it meaning more battling, before starting his quest to find more griffons on this pier first and foremost, hoping to test out their new plan's effectiveness to further their own ends.
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133831
133832
>>133830
[1d20 = 9]<Finding the griffs
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133832
133833
>>133830
>>133831
Iron's griffdar snout points towards a set of buildings further down on the water front. It looks like a two story office building, plus a larger building that resembles a warehouse and goes directly to the water
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133833
133839 133851
>>133832
Ears flicking towards the building, Iron starts to slowly turn his head as well. "I feel griffons over there," he tells Sands in a hushed manner "Scout ahead to see if you can find any. I will follow you as inconspicuously as I can."
Anonymous
ab45c57
?
No.133839
133842 133845
>>133833
Nice to have you back. I forgot, Iron and Sands aren't in Baltimare anymore?
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133842
133845
>>133839
They are in "North Point," a town north of Baltimare on the outskirts
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133845
133846 133847
>>133839
>>133842
What poster above me said.
I see you've become an Asian person while I was away.
Amber's not gonna start eating dogs, is she?
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133846
133847
>>133845
>fighting Diamond Dogs
It's an option.

Anonymous
ab45c57
?
No.133847
133848
>>133845
Probably not unless it's well-disguised.
>>133846
Now you've got my interest.
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133848
133849
>>133847
I see you're more of a hunter kind of Asian. My apologies.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133849
>>133848
WELCOME TO THE RICE FIELDS, MOTHERFUCKER!
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.133850
133851
>>133787
"Stroganoff! It is indeed from my homeland of Severyana. It is nothing considered fancy, or eaten by tsars, but it is tasty, and quite cheap."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133851
133852 133853 133860
>>133833
The first building is two stories, brick with a flat roof, and a white sign saying “Salty’s Seashore” on it. There’s a couple windows on the first floor with the blinds down, and a simple door.

>>133850
https://youtu.be/ELsc0btFgRI

She is silent for a moment
“Huh. That’s pretty neat. Nice of you to share.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.133852
133854
>>133851
Silver smiles at Jubilosa, then looks to Khoi when she gets close to finishing.

"What about you? What did you think?"
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133853
133854 133857
>>133851
Iron's hooves clip clops in attempted inconspicuousness towards it, letting Sands go in front of him as she's more knowledgeable about the place and charismatic than he is.
He would keep an eye out for any griffon activity he could spot on his approach while he quickly cranes his neck towards the mare taking point.
"When you think you have spotted a good opportunity to start the scenario, whisper "Honeybee," he asks.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133854
133855 133856 133857
>>133853
With a glow of her yellow-green magic, she toggles the door knob.
"It's unlocked"
She twists the door knob, and goes through into the room.

[1d20+7 = 22]

>>133852
Jubilosa smiles back

"Is... Is nice." Khoi says, smiling awkwardly
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133855
133857
>>133854
Iron couldn't help but raise his eyebrows, feeling strange around this area built yet unguarded. He opted to keep his snout shut for the time being, content with simply looking around for anything worth paying attention to: Danger or curiosity apply.
[1d20+2 = 12]<Spot Check
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.133856
133857
>>133854
"Are you sure? You will not hurt my feelings if you did not like it."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133857
133858 133867
>>133853
>>133854
>>133855
She goes inside for a minute. Then another minute. Then another. Then the door opens:

Female voice that isn't Sands:
"Ms..."

Sands:
"Heron"

Female:
"Ms. Heron, we are closed and we have nothing to do with any 'illegal dumping.'"

Sands, sounding very angry
"Do not give me that talk pretty feathers, you dumped something that poisoned my dog and I know it. Pay the medical bills or I will have the city council investigate. I use the same tailor as the mayor; I have connections."

As she opens the door and steps back out, she turns her head to give a slightly worried grin to Iron. She does not say the code

>>133856
"It's... it's nice, but where are the chopsticks, and why are there animal products?"

Jubilosa
"Also... I don't want to sound rude but... Where's the wine?"
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133858
133859
>>133857
Figuring there wasn't anything worth in there from how she didn't say the code to spring him into action, the stallion simply remains quiet, opting instead to remain vigilant yet passive for any attempts on her life until the mare currently kicking Sands out lets her walk off the premises.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133859
133861
>>133858
She turns her head in
"No, I'm telling you. I'm telling you we have the dog outside. No. You listen here. No. Your negligence poisoned my dog. I am not leaving. You poisoned my poor, poor Honeybee."
Anonymous
ab45c57
?
No.133860
133863
>>133851
>[YouTube] Russia Theme - Industrial (Civilization 6 OST) | Kalinka
Underrated, I can see why you like Civ 6. This is cursed but I can't listen to Kalinka without thinking of the misheard lyrics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0fdlUyrBNk
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133861
133863
>>133859
(Huh, guess she really thinks this is a good target,) Iron thought to himself before approaching the scene, ready to put on his macho act to back up his mare in need.
With a careful nudge inside the door alongside Sands, Iron puts up a disdained yet weak scowl.
"Y-you two better take responsibility for o-our dog," Iron stutters out, making sure to up his usually pitch to sound even more pathetic yet with anger clear in his voice "s-she meant everything t-to us. Y-you cannot g-get away from this."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133863
133864
>>133860
I absolutely love Civ 6 and especially its sound track. Every song has so much character to it

Sometimes I like to match areas of the occupied world to civ themes. I would give Baltimare the England theme, because that music has a feeling of reserved granduer, but also a feeling of age, of sorrow, and the feeling that the best days are behind you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG_AZky2Xkc

I would give the Northern areas, like Bales-Whinnysota, the America theme, because of the youthful optimism and belief and in progress, because the Northern areas seem historically younger and they are more obviously American in inspiration.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRv501x6WP0

I would give the German theme to the Griffonian Empire, because that song sounds like an outright funeral dirge, like the death of that culture is a fiat accompli. It also for some reason sounds like you're moving over snow covered streets in a very old city, buying candy at Christmas time. It has a majesty to it, in addition to resignation to fate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTHmPOzWxzg


>>133861
Now, Iron can see what is in the room. There is a female griffin there. She's further back. But in the fore, trying to push Sands out, are two very large griffin males. Both have darker brown feathers. Both do not look like they are interested in messing around, and both say nothing. They are not brandishing weapons and don't seem to be threatening any violence at all, but the message is clearly "get out and never come back."

Their eyes meet Iron's
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133864
133865 133866
>>133863
(It will work as an excuse,) Iron thinks to himself before his brow furrows in further anger. "H-hey! What are you doing with her?!" the stallion cries out in shock, partly because the shoving may actually hit her in her burn marks and the opportunity to strike rises "You are not allowed to do that! She is recovering! H-how dare you treat a hurt, grieving mare in such a manner?!"
For now, Iron is content with simply adding extra weight to push out by stepping inside as well in order for the male griffins to escalate further.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133865
133866 133868
>>133864
[1d20 = 1]

One of them raises an eyebrow at the new pony, who is twice the size of the mare being pushed out.

The other one speaks. Though even these few words betray that Ponish is not his first language, his deep voice is clear:
"Get Out"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133866
133868
>>133864
>>133865
And one of the griffins walks right into Sands, causing her to yelp, "Ah-oo"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.133867
133869
>>133857
He starts off answering Jubilosa:

"...Дерьмо. I forgot to buy wine. I will have to go get some more."

He then turn to Khoi:

"I apologize for such difference in cultures, Khoi. I believe chopsticks are unique to Nugua Nam, or to kirin cultures in general. We use forks, knifes, and spoons. And for sour cream, it is tasty and does not hurt cows. Is there issue in your culture around consuming animal products?"
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133868
133869
>>133865
>>133866
Iron scowls grows further at the insistent griffon, yet his forelegs softly tremble to give the appearance he really doesn't want to fight.
That was, until the male griffin currently trying to shoo off Snads dares to dramatically ram into her, quickly stepping over and shoving the griffon off his mare to avoid her getting actually hurt. "H-hey! Leave her alone, y-you beaked chicken!"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133869
133870 133871
>>133867
"In the Great Vehicle, we do not like to consume products from animals and things that feel. Only plants. And I'm not sure if any Kirin culture eats meat, anywhere."

>>133868
This prompts them to look at him angrily, and shove back with significant force

[1d20+3 = 10]

Roll balance

And Roll Initiative
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133870
133872 133873
>>133869
Rolling
[1d20+2 = 4]<Balance Check
[1d20+2 = 10]<Initiative
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.133871
133873
>>133869
He bows slightly towards her.

"I apologize. We do not have beliefs about consumtion of animal products in Celestialism. I will keep your beliefs in mind in future."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133872
133873
>>133870
Iron is shoved so hard, he falls backwards, onto his legs

Big Griff A [1d20+2 = 14]
Big Griff B [1d20+2 = 6]

White Sands tries to scurry backwards, through the doorway
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133873
133874 133876
>>133870
>>133872
As Iron falls back, one of the griffins takes a swing at him

Iron's turn after that. He is in the prone position.

[1d20+6 = 9]

>>133871
"That's alright..." She looks down. "I am shaken in my beliefs now...."
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133874
133875 133877
>>133873
With a yelp and a tumble, Iron quickly scrambles to get back up after that claw tried to swipe his coat out from down below signalled him it was time to bonk some heads.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133875
133877
>>133874
The claw swipes at him, but does not reach him in his state on the ground. As he gets up, the two griffins each swing at him

[1d20+6 = 22]
[1d20+6 = 17]
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.133876
133877
>>133873
He looks sadly at her.

"That is not really alright...is there anything I might do to help?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133877
133878 133881
>>133874
>>133875
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRTIFbJZ_R8
Iron gets the whammy...

He pis punched, both times around the chest and shoulders.

[1d3+3 = 6]
[1d3+3 = 6]

>>133876
Looking down:
"I don't know... But I think I am alone in this."

Jubilosa is distressed by this, but can say nothing
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133878
133879
>>133877
With a force, loud huff as he stood up, the pony grits his teeth before finally landing his first punch at the slower of the two griffons, hoping to take him down before he did any more punching to him, meaning he'd put all his might onto this attack.
[1d20+5 = 18]<Power Attack Non-lethal Melee Strike (+5 damage for -5 to hit bonus)
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133879
133880
>>133878
Definitely a hit
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133880
133882 133883 133885
>>133879
With a solid connect to the griffon's chest, Iron delivers the payload.
[1d3+10 = 12]<Damage
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.133881
133882
>>133877
"It is your choice...but you do not have to. We are all here for you."

He looks to Jubilosa and Mala.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133882
133883 133884 133886 133887
>>133880
Iron strikes the bird creature right in the chest...

He looks astonished at this power. But he punches back.
[1d3+6 = 7]
And then, so does his colleague
[1d3+6 = 7]

>>133881
"But..."
She moves her eyes up, towards Silver and Jubilosa
"You don't know of the Vehicle to Awakening."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133883
133888
>>133882
>>133880
They take their swings at Iron, and manage to miss magnificently
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133884
133885
>>133882
[1d20+6 = 14]
[1d20+6 = 24]
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133885
133888
>>133884
>>133880
Both hit
[1d3+3 = 6]
[1d3+3 = 4]
Anonymous
ab45c57
?
No.133886
133904
>>133882
https://youtu.be/CpBgy9woV4A
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.133887
133889
>>133882
"That is true...but you could teach us about it."
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133888
133889
>>133885
>>133883
Iron exhales, bruises starting to show on his coat and his breath starts getting slightly labored.
Hoping to quickly dispatch the now wounded griffguard, he opts for a more accurate strike to finish him off.
[1d20+8 = 28]<Power Attack Nonlethal Melee Strike (+2 damage for -2 to hit)
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133889
133891 133893
>>133887
"Not if I don't know it myself..."

>>133888
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atxYe-nOa9w

Iron punches the griffin right in the beak, knocking him backwards, up into the air, and over a counter some 15 feet or so behind him, causing him to fall over with a crash
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.133891
133892 133894
>>133889
"Uh...hmm..."

He falters a little bit before deciding to take a step back in the discussion.

"What is causing this crisis of faith you are having?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133892
133894
>>133891
The other griffin takes a moment to look back, and then swings at Iron

[1d20+3 = 14]
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133893
133894
>>133889
With a quick huff as he turns to the other griffon, he powers up his punch to the same level as his first strike, hoping to have that same power that last buck of his had.
[1d20+5 = 15]<Power Attack Nonlethal Unarmed Strike (+5 for -5)
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133894
133895 133896
>>133891
She takes a moment
"Violence. You are not supposed to take life, or to harm another creature, except in self defense. Above all else, you are never to hate. And the experience in that building... was different."

>>133893
>>133892
He moves - barely - out of the way of Iron's attack, before landing his own
[1d3+3 = 4]
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133895
133897
>>133894
Thanking the gods the battle was ending shortly, he actually starts his trip attempt to minimize further damage.
[1d20+10 = 29]<Melee Touch Attack
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.133896
133897
>>133894
Silver nods in understanding.

"Seeing what they did made you hate them."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133897
133898 133900
>>133895
He places his hoof right under the legs of the Griffin

Opposed strength check:
[1d20+3 = 9]

>>133896
"And made me harm them" she adds
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133898
133899
>>133897
[1d20+9 = 24]<Strength Check
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133899
133901
>>133898
The griffin is knocked down onto the ground. White Sands lopes past Iron, around the downed griffin
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.133900
133902
>>133897
"Yes. And you are afraid this has tainted you...if I assume correctly."
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133901
133902
>>133899
Iron now goes for a quick strike on the downed griffon thanks to his maneuver, mainly bonking him on the back as payback for the beatdown he received as he stood up.
[1d20+10 = 12]<Extra Melee Strike.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133902
133903 133907
>>133900
"I am afraid I don't regret it." She answers

>>133901
He hits him in the chest
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133903
133904
>>133902
[1d3+5 = 7]<Bonk Meter
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133904
133905
>>133886
[White Buddhist just gets off the phone with guy who pretends to convert, just to end with a 9/11 joke]

White Budhhist:
"Okay, next caller"

Caller:
"Yeah, I need help. I just had a tragedy"

White Buddhist:
"What is it?"

Caller:
"Yeah. I lost my uncle in 9/11"

White Buddhist:
"9/11"

Caller:
"Yeah. 9/11. At least he died doing what he loved. He was flying a plane."

White Buddhist:
"My... My condolences"

>>133903
He is hit, but tries to get up. Iron has an attack of opportunity
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133905
133906 133908 133909
>>133904
[1d20 = 3]<AoOB(Attack of Opportunistic Bonking)
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133906
133908
>>133905
Hit. Absent exceptional damage, he makes yet another wing at Iron
[1d20+6 = 11]
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.133907
133908
>>133902
"Ah. That I know."

He lets out a sad sigh.

"I do not know how your culture and religion work. I wish I did, so that I might be more able to help you. So, knowing that...do you feel you did right thing?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133908
133909 133918
>>133906
>>133905
But Iron pulls back, out of the way of the swing

>>133907
She blinks
"Yes."
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133909
133910
>>133905
>>133908
[1d3+5 = 6]<BONK!

Barely slipping under the griffon's attack after his quick strike at his leg, Iron prepares a potent strike with malicious intent, daring to smile softly as he does it.
[1d20+7 = 14]<You know what's here already, right (+3 to -3)
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133910
133911
>>133909
His maliciously intended hit lands
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133911
133913
>>133910
[1d3+8 = 10]<Come on,bby, let it be last bonk
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133913
133914
>>133911
He is hit in the head, and falls down, knocked out.

The female griffin is very much intimidated, and is moving towards a door in the back, towards the left side of the room. White Sands is moving towards her
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133914
133915
>>133913
Iron moves along with her, gazing upon the intimidated griffiness, attempting to freeze her in place through his sheer presence.
[1d20+9 = 10]<Intimidate Roll
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133915
133916
>>133914
*poof*

Iron activates fluff mode, poofing up. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to intimidate her much
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133916
133919 133920
>>133915
Iron's can't help but look deadpan in shame at his uncharacteristic fluff he's not used to have due to his tropical origins.
(Guess my coat grew real quick with this coat...)
Nonetheless, the stallion moves towards her anyways, hoping she wouldn't simply run away, considering he has no intention of bashing the female griffin out of principle.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.133918
133919
>>133908
Silver nods.

"Life is more than black and white. In between are many shades of gray, and what we call each shade may be different depending on who you are. It is good you are worried. Taking another life is dreadful thing. But sometimes it is right thing. You helped to save countless lives, and bring peace to countless more. For that, your conscious should be clear."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133919
133920 133921 133923
>>133918
"If that is so..." she says with a pause
"Then why couldn't I fightback home?"

>>133916
The griffin moves the door knob and tries to open it to run.

White Sands lacks Iron's delicacy, and charges to tackle her

[1d20+2 = 8]
[1d20+2 = 13]
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133920
133921
>>133916
>>133919
White Sands jumps onto her, and knocks her to the ground, despite being smaller
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133921
133922
>>133920
>>133919
Seeing the scene in front of him, Iron quickly rushes to their position to ensure the griffiness is thoroughly trapped and pinned so that her escape chances become near zero.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133922
133925
>>133921
Iron is able to move over the female griffin, who has found her way to the base of a set of stairs past the door. White Sands moves out of the way, and says to the griffin,
"The Lady sends her regards."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.133923
133924
>>133919
"What do you mean?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133924
133926
>>133923
"Why could I not fight in the war at home? Why did I move away?

Jubilosa looks troubled as well
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133925
133927
>>133922
Iron, admittedly curious about Sands' statement, keep the probably scared griffiness down still until he gets the all clear to let her free or do whatever else.
He takes the opportunity to hold her in such a way a quick knockout was available whenever Sands deemed it so.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.133926
133927
>>133924
"What was war fought over?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133927
133928 133930
>>133925
She looks to him
"Well? Are you going to do it am I going to have to?"

>>133926
She shakes her head
"It's not the right subject for the dinner table, anyways"
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.133928
133929
>>133927
With a nod, Iron starts to choke the griffiness out non-lethally, eager to end any immediate danger to both his and Sands' wellbeing.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.133929
134068
>>133928
She tries to scream, immediately receiving a kick in the face from Sands, and then gags at the choking
"Keep it up" Sands says
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.133930
134049
>>133927
"Well...alright. If it still troubles you, I would like to talk it through with you later. I do not relish seeing you in such distress."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134049
134052
>>133930
She nods, looking down
"Very well"

Jubilosa tries to talk, in this case about music and what appeared on television. Mala remains silent, but the expression on his face is one of relative happiness
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.134052
134058
>>134049
Silver joins the conservation, himself impressed by the bit of technology now in their living room.
Anonymous
36a94f6
?
No.134058
134075
>>134052
The conversation continues, with Jubilosa asking questions about the music. She gets up, and goes to wine latice above the kitchen bar to pull out one of the bottles remaining from Maakie’s collection. Khoi says nothing, but also gets up, taking her plate. Mala is likewise silent and is the third to stand up, taking his plate. He attempts to carry his plate to the sink, but Khoi takes the plate from his mouth, and takes Jubilosa’s plate too. Jubilosa pokes a glass of wine for herself, and then for Silver, and the group slowly migrated to the living room. First Jubilosa, then Mala, and only eventually Khoi, who seems to have done the dishes.
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.134068
134073
>>133929
Pressing harder yet not enough to directly kill yet, Iron hopes to incapacitate the female griff without risking killing one of their scare pieces prematurely.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134073
134077
>>134068
She gags, and with another "Guck" she seems to lose consciousness. All three griffins are down
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.134075
134076
>>134058
Silver partakes in the wine, though it's definitely not his favorite. He enjoys being in such good company, in a comfy place like the living room.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134076
134098
>>134075
And so, the creatures come back into the living room. Jubilosa looks fairly pleased, and tries to relax on the couch. Khoi is anxious and looks over to Silver. Mala sits down on the floor, passive once again.
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.134077
134079
>>134073
After giving a few, sudden yet careful tugs around her neck to make sure she wasn't pretending, Iron lets the griffiness go, letting out a solid exhale.
"That went well," Iron comments plainly to nopony in particular.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134079
134080
>>134077
"Those griffins were bigger than either of us thought..."
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.134080
134082
>>134079
"Indeed," Iron replies with a nod "but they will surely think twice on trying to mess with me and the colts..."
There was a pause before he lightly pouts. "The ponies like me they should be scared of, I mean."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134082
134083
>>134080
"Hopefully... But I'm sure there's more of them here"
She looks to him quickly with an expression of concern, and then forward
"Hopefully they are smaller"
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.134083
134084
>>134082
"I second that notion," Iron agrees with a nod as he decides to stand up. "We might need to start setting a bar of beaten griffons to pass in order to truly give them a scare."
His apparent bruising around the chest and shoulders should raise the smallest concern as he lightly cranes his neck. "We might even need to stay a day or two."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134084
134085
>>134083
She looks over to him
"Won't they wake up after you knock them out though?"
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.134085
134086
>>134084
Iron nods. "Think they need to be killed to further the scare?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134086
134087
>>134085
She winces
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.134087
134088
>>134086
"I understand," Iron answers with a second nod "I would rather not do it either. It will lead to a bigger mess than anypony could foresee."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134088
134089
>>134087
"Well... it looks like even fighting them on an even playing field is risky."
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.134089
134090
>>134088
"This might have been an extreme case," Iron proposes "but we definitely need a place to rest up for a bit before continuing the plan in order to stay in shape."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134090
134091
>>134089
"Well... They'll learn that we're here soon. And they'll come for us."
She grimaces
"Unfortunate, as they will likely have weapons."
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.134091
134092
>>134090
Iron thinks for a moment, tapping his chin in thought before the torch in his head lights up. "That is it. We prepare a spot to lure them to us and defeat them using our enviornment."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134092
134093
>>134091
"Or go to them before they notice. Either way."
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.134093
134094
>>134092
Iron thinks for a second, unsure exactly what to do.
"...I guess we can storm another spot or two before we fall back to letting them come to us," he concludes.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134094
134095
>>134093
"Doable" she says.
"Let us hope they don't get too prepared..."
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.134095
134096
>>134094
"Agreed," Iron replies
With that being said, the stallion starts looking for any clues inside the building for any spot to visit.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134096
134097
>>134095
One door to the left. One door that leads to a staircase
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.134097
134103
>>134096
Iron tries the door on the left, assuming the griffiness was looking to escape rather than to grab something from the room.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bd13d36
?
No.134098
134099
>>134076
Silver looks over at Khoi, his jovial expression dropping. He moves over to her.

"Are you okay, Khoi?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134099
134100
>>134098
She blinks
"I suppose."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bd13d36
?
No.134100
134101
>>134099
"You still look anxious. Are you sure you do not want to talk about it?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134101
134102
>>134100
"You asked me something earlier, didn't you?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bd13d36
?
No.134102
134103
>>134101
Silver nods.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134103
134104 134106
>>134102
"You asked how it began? The war."

>>134097
Opening it, there is an open area with a desk to the left, doors to what is marked as a bathroom on the left, and two doors on the right in a short hallway that ends in a steel door
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.134104
134105
>>134103
Iron trots towards the desk, figuring these magic spots have all of the important papers like back in Hoebuck.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134105
134108
>>134104
This desk, at least, is entirely clear. It looks to be left over from the previous owner of the building
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bd13d36
?
No.134106
134107
>>134103
"Yes. What was it fought over?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134107
134109
>>134106
"Did I not tell you? The rebels want to overthrow the government."
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.134108
134110
>>134105
Huffing in mild disappointment, Iron takes no time to pivot towards the steel door being the short hallway. He knew time was of the essence.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bd13d36
?
No.134109
134110
>>134107
"Yes, but there must be reasons behind them rebelling. Or, perhaps my memory truly is going out if you already told me."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134110
134111 134112
>>134108
This immediately leads him into a large room. A very large room, with a ceiling of at least three stories and at least 75 feet just in the main portion. There is a boat, looks to be a fishing trawler, in a rail or ramp in the center, and a number of objects like tool boxes to either side.

>>134109
"I suppose I should tell you the full story..."
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.134111
134113 134777
>>134110
"This seems familiar," Iron admits, thinking back on the Hoebuck event but nods softly "so we definitely need to hit these fishing places for sure, but I do not know for certain which are from the targets..."
He decides to quickly inspect the fishing boat and toolboxes for any specific clues on where to go.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bd13d36
?
No.134112
134494
>>134110
Silver nods.

"If it does not bother you."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134113
134114
1582519614247-0.png
>>134111
Something failed to convey here...
Anonymous
0575463
?
No.134114
134777
>>134113
Crud.
Iron's felt as if a potted plant hit him on the head, reviewing the surroundings better. "...wait, why is there a ton of boxes with funny looking... tools around the ship? That does not seem right..."
Nonetheless, he figures getting inside the trawler would be a good idea.
Anonymous
af4039d
?
No.134115
134116
Fantasy walks into HQ.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134116
134117
>>134115
The ponies enter easily enough. Whom does she wish to see?
Anonymous
af4039d
?
No.134117
134118
>>134116
Fantasy asks the receptionist.

"Is Seabreeze here? Or is he busy? It isn't necessary to meet him now, just tell him we got some pamphlets for him to see and I would like to get paid. But none of this is in a hurry."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134118
134119 134123
>>134117
The off-white unicorn mare looks up to Fantasy.
"Uh, he's in his office. I think he's available to see you."
Anonymous
af4039d
?
No.134119
134120 134121
>>134118
But isn't he with, not present, Black Star? Or are we on different spots in the timeline?
Anonymous
af4039d
?
No.134120
>>134119
>timeline
Duturu!
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134121
134122
>>134119
I think logically the meeting with Dark Star is separated by an entire day, but either way, Dark Star's player is not here
Anonymous
af4039d
?
No.134122
134123 134124
>>134121
"Well, great. Then we'll do that," Fantasy says.
Anonymous
af4039d
?
No.134123
134124
>>134118
>>134122
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134124
>>134123
>>134122
Blue Skies walks ahead of Fantasy, to a hall on the left side of the lobby. She opens the first door on the right, to find Sea Breaze's office.

"Yes?"
The unicorn is behind a set of paperwork. Blue Skies enters the room along with Fantasy, sitting down in a chair
Anonymous
af4039d
?
No.134125
134126
The bag flap opens and by Fantasy's magic the three phamplets fly out and lands on Seabreeze's desk.

"Apparently the blue one is illegal," Fantasy says as she stares blankly off in the distance.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134126
134127 134129
>>134125
He looks at one of the red ones. It takes a booklet form.
"'Principles of Anarchism.' We've seem booklets like this before. We think these ones are made from what we call 'Printer H.' Comparatively professional. We've never located it. That printer only prints pamphlets that are technically within the censorship laws, so we haven't really bothered with it."

He opens the red pamphlet
"On shutting down the unions..." He flips through it further, "This one is questionable, to say the least, and it certainly hasn't been approved." He turns to the back of it. "This is from the mystery printer alright."

Then, he opens the blue one. It looks to have the same construction as the red pamphlet:
"Tales of the work of the Foreign Legion in Manehattan..."
He puts it down.
"Not only does this violate the laws, it means they have correspondence from outside of this district. Yes, this is definitely contraband."

The second one is a clearer pamplet. And the
Anonymous
af4039d
?
No.134127
134128
>>134126
>The second one is a clearer pamplet. And the
Yes?
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134128
>>134127
Damn it, that's a superfluous sentence. Ignore it
Anonymous
af4039d
?
No.134129
134130
>>134126
Fantasy tears her gaze from the window and looks at Seabreeze.

"So I'm I privy to what these pamhplets say? I brought them without looking even if I had opportunity to do so at the barbershop. It will be hard for me to continue to gain information from the owner that gave me these if I haven't read them." Fantasy turns her head towards the window. "But then again, that's if I decide to continue."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134130
134131
>>134129
"If you don't continue, it would be better if you hadn't read them. 'Anarcho-Syndicalism' does not occur in nature. It reproduces like a virus, spreading from host to host and destroying them."
Anonymous
af4039d
?
No.134131
134132
>>134130
Fantasy pushes one of her fore hooves across the length of her one of her folded back hooves as she archs her neck backwards while looking up the ceiling with a conflicted expression.

"Yeah, I heard that one before today. Your probably right though." She ruffles her own mane with her hoof. "I need to think about all of this. I think I'll just take my pay for this job and leave for the day."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134132
134133
>>134131
"Pay for the job? Did you locate the printer?"
Anonymous
af4039d
?
No.134133
134134
>>134132
Fantasy return her head back into a neutral position with smirk on her face.

"Heh. Are you really gonna go cheap on me now? I don't want much, really I'm here for the cause, just wanted to make it offical like. And besides, now you know that they have correspondence from outside this district and I bet these Pamphlets are new, as well. But no, I haven't located the printer." Fantasy rotates her head counter- and just clockwise in small jerks, smlies, and shuts her eyes.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134134
134135
>>134133
“Don’t be silly. We’d never go cheap on good information. We always pay what it is worth to us. We don’t need the printer shut down. We just need it located, and the ponies... or, ‘creatures,’ working it unaware.”
Anonymous
af4039d
?
No.134135
134136
>>134134
Fantasy nods and drops the smirk.

"Ah, I see."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134136
134137
>>134135
He raises an eyebrow
“You seem to not have full confidence in the informant-system.”
Anonymous
af4039d
?
No.134137
134139
>>134136
"What?"
Anonymous
af4039d
?
No.134138
134139
"I mean ´What do You mean?`"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134139
134140
>>134137
>>134138
He looks at her almost suspiciously
“A misunderstanding. My apologies.”
Anonymous
af4039d
?
No.134140
134142
>>134139
"Its fine, I guess your just awekward because of my new amazing looks," Fantasy says and drags a hoof drew her mane.
Anonymous
af4039d
?
No.134141
drew
Through*
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134142
134143
>>134140
He smiles
“Indeed. Interesting style you have going there, with the several layers. Is that... Songbird Serenade’s ‘07 style?”
Anonymous
af4039d
?
No.134143
134144
>>134142
Fanatasy nods.

"Indeed it is. I see your a pony of culture as well."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134144
134145
>>134143
He smiles, this time revealing more teeth
“We played her songs on the radio at the waterfront back then. She never toured out to the Dominion, but still we’d listen to them when we went swimming at dusk.”
Anonymous
af4039d
?
No.134145
134148
>>134144
Fantasy continues to nod.

"Yes, she is great! I used to listen to her as a fillly. I know her songs by heart."
Amber Sunset
c9c67a4
?
No.134146
134147 134148
Should I join? I'm l8 but it looks like an active session still.
Anonymous
af4039d
?
No.134147
>>134146
Its you that I'm going towards next so. It would actaully be fitting but it depends on how lonng the gm is still awake.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134148
134149 134150
>>134145
“Oh I haven’t followed her that long. But I did in secondary school. My gal was a big fan. And more than anything, her songs would play loud over the speakers at the restaurant at the sea shore. I didn’t see her appearance much, but I still saw an album cover or a poster here and there. She wasn’t as popular in the Dominion... more of a special taste.”

>>134146
I’m supposed to be writing out a backstory segment fir Khoi’s country
Amber Sunset
c9c67a4
?
No.134149
134150
>>134148
No problem, I'll be around tomorrow or whenever Sven wants to play again.
Anonymous
af4039d
?
No.134150
134151
>>134148
>>134149
Okay, then we call it here then.

Thanks for the session.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134151
134152
>>134150
Uh, okay. I can still respond for some time though
Anonymous
af4039d
?
No.134152
134153
>>134151
I need to quit anyway.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134153
>>134152
Oh, okay. Well hope you join again soon!
Anonymous
af4039d
?
No.134269
Will be busy today. Can't make it.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.134490
patient waiting pony noises
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134494
134495 134811
2284068.jpg
>>134112
She nods slowly. "Very well..."

"We, the Kylan of the Kingdom of Ngua Nam, are an old people, living in the mountains, valleys, rainforests, marshes and shorelines for a thousand years, a vassal of the Empire. We warred sometimes with the Khmare and the Empire, to be sure, and faced typhoons and famine and raiders from far away, but by and large we lived peacefully, with ourselves, with our neighbors and with nature. For though we had little of the more modern industry and technology, we wanted for little. We learned how value order and tranquility of mind over abundance and passion. The belief back then was that the outside world could be, and should be kept out, and that we fare best when left alone. None believe that now, but that was how things were in the old days."

She pauses, slowly breathing out as if in an imperceptible sigh.

"Then the outside world made its way in. The first incursion came when the Storm King's armies attacked. There was not much fear in our lands as there was elsewhere. We felt ourselves secure in our forests and bays... they had not been breached by the yetis 500 years before, and they had only so many airships. They could not burn our houses, for we Kylan build of brick were we imitate the foreigners, of stone where we are wealthy, and of cod where we are poor, and these things do not burn. So they set up garrisons in our lands, and demanded to be paid tribute. For the Prince, this was no matter, as our diplomats have centuries of experience of ambassadors of the Empire. He simply paid them. When they demanded more, he obfuscated and dissembled, and pulled tricks that would not work for a moment on an Emperor, but that the Storm King, so far away and so overstretched, would have to accept. That is how Kho Củi and the cities of the coast responded. Inland, in the countryside, the situation was very different. With no cities to bombard, and forests and caves to hide, in, the peasants resisted. It started in the lands of the Khmare, then made its way to our eastern provinces. At first it was a disobedient lord or two, then the peasants themselves organized. Took up arms. And so they resisted for years, bleeding his army dry.

Then one day we received news that the Storm King was killed and his Grand Army lost in a far away land. The Prince declared war after three days, and the peasant militias did not wait that long. The invaders were expelled from our soil forever. But the peasant militias did not put down their arms. At first they demanded lower taxes, replacement of unpopular local rulers. All of these things could be agreed upon. But then they demanded more radical demands. Land reform, end of clergy privilidges... But that isn't where it ended. For what was not understood was that an invasive seed took root.

The Storm King's armies were far from the only gift of the outside world to make itself felt on our lands. As when we fought the Storm King, we did not do it alone. Crates filled with modern weapons and ammunition were clandestinely shipped to our ports, given false papers by administrators, and shipped in boats up the river. It was guns at first... then they started to send little booklets, little red booklets"

She moves her hooves together as if to give an idea of the physical dimensions of said booklets

"And then they sent live ponies. 'Military advisors,' they said, to teach the peasantry how to fight modern war. That is not all they taught them... They told them of modern industry, of wholly different ways of living, of ideas they had never heard before.."

Now, she definitely sighs
"And finally, came a pair of ponies to the Kirin Grove up north. They told the Kylan there, err, 'Kirin,' not to seek tranquility, but to embrace the passions. This was a revolution in their lands. In ours, it was the start of one. As the Great Vehicle and our customs teach to subdue passion beneath reason and will, and to seek to not desire rather than to be sated... these ideas were sparks to light a fire, to burn away centuries of moral teachings..."

A short pause, and she starts again,
"And so, a movement began. It is lead by a Kylan whose assumed name translates best to Ponish as 'Bright Will,' or perhaps 'Light Bringer' is a better alternative. I've heard conflicting stories on where he came from, but I know he went to school abroad, and came back with the pony advisors during the resistance, and he was an accomplished partisan. He told of a great Equestrian pony by the name of 'Steel Stallion,' who he said had lessons for Ngua Nam, to turn it from what he calls a 'pre-industrial feudal state' into 'a Modern Nation-State.' His movement seeks to industrialize the nation rapidly and by force. They seek liberation of the passions over tranquility and triumph of the spirit. They seek a universal 'empowered' peasantry over monastic, merchant, and landowning classes. They believe religion and belief must be replaced with 'Science.' And they believe all tradition, customs, and other symbols of the past to bring out this future they seek.

And so the rebellion began, seeking not merely to replace the Khoe Dynasty, but every aspect of society. The temple on the mountain by Kho Củi has withstood many Earthquakes in its time, but I do not know if it, or the walls of the great city, will withstand this one. They stand strong against it, I do know that, and they stood still when I left."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bd13d36
?
No.134495
134811 134813
>>134494
Silver looks sadly at Khoi as she tells her story, knowing full well the meaning of those 'little red booklets'. He bristles slightly at the utterance of Steel Stallion's name.

"Communism. Destroyer of nations, corruptor of peoples...I wish Ngua Nam better luck in their fight against it than my own people had..."

He lets out a sigh.

"What did you think of ruling Khoe Dynasty?"
Anonymous
510fbf1
?
No.134497
134498
I'm ready to play if Melody is.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134498
134499
>>134497
Wait. Melody?
Anonymous
510fbf1
?
No.134499
134500
>>134498
Durr, I meant Fantasy. I'm playing Amber. What she does next is dependent on meeting Fantasy.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134500
By the way, Dark Star's player is in the area affected by the recent hurricane and so doesn't have power or non-phone based internet now

>>134499
Hmmm.... there's a decent chance Fantasy could come by.
Anonymous
e176ed9
?
No.134502
134503
Not today I'm afraid. I'm busy.
Anonymous
510fbf1
?
No.134503
>>134502
Alright, have a nice day!
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.134511
134512
All of you are cute ponies.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134512
134520 134546
Spoilered
>>134511
Gasps

Is, presumably, a cute pony
Anonymous
22056d3
?
No.134515
134516 134520
I'll try to play with you guys again soon but I most inform you tat this is something that i do whenever i feel like it and have time. don't have the time to take this too seriously. It will have to be when it be.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134516
6000199.png
>>134515
Okay...

Waits patiently
Anonymous
510fbf1
?
No.134520
>>134512
Pony is a cute!

>>134515
No need to take it so seriously, I am blessed to be flexible with time (though I sometimes oversleep) and there's always something to do.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.134546
>>134512
I love that gif.
Update on my Nova Griffonia game
Anonymous
510fbf1
?
No.134712
134757
So I decided to keep playing to see if time would run out in the game. I rented out mercenaries to Wingbardy/Griffonian Empire when it tried taking over New Mareland but despite this we were steadily pushed back as the AI Equestria was much more competent than I was in the last game. After we failed to push out a naval invasion in the south it was basically all over, and the Griffonian Republic declared war for the scraps in the north.

After that nothing interesting went on for years, though the game does have random wars in the late-game to spice things up. Unfortunately the Dread League's done squat and after switching to it I saw it wasn't even building an army. The Aquilean Republic decced on the Griffonian Empire and puppeted everything in the north, becoming a superpower while Equestria had absorbed the southwest of Griffonia. As the only "fascist" country left I used my plentiful political power to influence half the world. I successfully turned the Polar Bears, the Pinguins, and Stalliongrad, but countries like Olenia and the Changelings never flipped because of their high stability. I started coups in Aquileia and its major northern vassals but despite having 70 divisions the fascists in Aquileia got crushed by the Republic's huge army, which proceeded to swarm north and drove back my volunteers. Fortunately I micro'd my troops so they didn't get surrounded before the capitulation.
After that I thought it would be "the end of history" but I pressed on.


I managed to get the fascists to become a majority in the River Federation but before they could be elected to power the whole Federation was taken over by the Kingdom of Prydwhen sp00kily. Haukland got itself puppeted by declaring war on Equestria but has the same leader as before, but this ended a stalemate over a decade long with the Dragons. All of a sudden though the Kingdom of Prydwhen absorbed Equestria as well, with Celestia being exiled to New Mareland. I justified for the Village Up North though I didn't expect to use the CB; however, when the Free Creatures Alliance (basically the Harmonic Alliance without Equestria itself) declared war I took advantage of this opportunity. I've been winning the defensive air war and have even been bombing Albion, and I managed to make a naval invasion on Trottingham with my knights. However, to defend my skies and project power my air force needs 21k of fuel, leaving me dry and unable to use my decent fleet to effectively patrol and harass convoys. I can buy more fuel but I barely have room for more civ factories/they take too long anyway, and I've been building anti-air to reduce the number of planes needed. Also I'm critically short on every other resource though I have a decent stockpile.
It's 1028 and the best time to invade Equestria while Prydwhen is locked in stalemate with Olenia and the Changelings but without fuel it might be suicidal. I think I'll reload to mid-1026 and focus on fuel production and move faster to avoid this deadlock.


This sort of scenario would be great for a multiplayer game where the players have to work together to take on the Prydwhen hyperpower. It's late-game so all focus trees are done as well as most research, but you can still try to get the best units using experience. I don't know how you would go about doing setup for the nations, though.
Anonymous
a9724bf
?
No.134756
134757
bfedb2a62c0cb34fd9b9623ec766df50.gif
I'll be writing a lot tonight or today for you 'merican! So I can play but will have a slight delay in my responses.

Although, it will have to wait a little bit because I'm not quite ready to start yet. I'll sign back in when I can, also obviously if you guys can as well.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134757
134758 134760
2429430.gif
>>134756
Waiting is alright and I can understand distractions.

>>134712
>All of a sudden though the Kingdom of Prydwhen absorbed Equestria as well
Wait what

>Free Creatures Alliance
Wat.
Anonymous
a9724bf
?
No.134758
134759 134760
>>134757
Unexpectably tired. Sorry, seems like I can't do this tonhight atfer all.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134759
A4D18836-46ED-4B2F-804C-56632232E1E2.jpeg
>>134758
Aww... okay

Hope you can join us soonish, though
Anonymous
510fbf1
?
No.134760
134761
File (hide): 4F11A26C81373F569AE2ECC57BF92551-15981932.webm (15.2 MB, Resolution:1280x720 Length:00:00:30, ParksAndRecreationEaW.webm) [play once] [loop]
ParksAndRecreationEaW.webm
>>134758
Phew, I dodged a bullet. I just came back from church and I was worried I wouldn't be here if you wanted to play.

>>134757
>Wait what
It's a super sekrit event chain for the Kingdom of Brodfield but I didn't know it happened with historical focuses. I don't know if it has to do with my lack of DLCs but the mod after the invasion of New Mareland seems very unfinished in the late game, both in terms of lack of unit icons/descriptions and in terms of events. I think this is just some random stuff they threw together to reward players who stick around. I'm still impressed by how much depth there is and it's perfectly possible to have any number of adventure campaigns set in the 1020's.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134761
134762
1338359.png
>>134760
>Church
>At what is ~11 PM Central US Time
Uh, alright

I think I've only ever twice been into the 1020s, and neither time was past 1022 if I even got that far. One of those was Dread League.
Anonymous
510fbf1
?
No.134762
134773
>>134761
Timezones. I don't plan on playing such long games again, but I'm just curious at this point whether there's a hard time limit or if the game stretches on to infinity like that one Civ 2 game.
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.134773
>>134762
Prolly stretch to infinity, but you reach a point where you've reached your full potential in terms of tech. Most grand strategy games let you do that in order to get the sweet world domination satisfaction.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134777
134778
>>134114
>>134111
Iron gets nearer the trawler, which is located with its hull between a sort of pair of yellow steel rails. the hull itself seems to have chipping and barnacle infested red paint. The boat is painted white, with the cabin in the forward end and a boom and mast in the rear. The upper part of the mast appears to have been taken down to fit within the high ceiling of the structure. It's possible to climb to the deck, but it's high enough above the concrete floor of the room that it requires some effort to jump and climb up.

There is sound on the opposite side, which sounds most like a chair scraping on the floor.
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.134778
134779
>>134777
Iron tilts his head, remembering the Wirraway from the dream at the similar physical deterioration. (So this is either used a lot or is in disrepair and in need of fixing,) he thinks until the sound of chair scraping on floor is heard, quickly trotting to see what was the sound all about first in case it's something to be worried about.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134779
134780
>>134778
Looking around the boat, he sees behind the boat and to the right, three darker feathered griffins sitting around a wooden table in chairs. One of them has just gotten up

[1d2 = 1]
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.134780
134781
>>134779
(Uh oh,) Iron thinks to himself, briefly turning around and looking for a suitable chokepoint that he could use in order to maybe take these griffins on one at a time.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134781
134782
>>134780
The room is very large and open, maybe 50 feet wide, a hundred feet long, and 35 or more feet in height, being essentially a garage. There are work benches and tool boxes around the edges that make it a little harder to move. By far the largest and greatest obstacle in the room is the raised set of rails on the left side, and the trawler near the middle, as well as the winch in front of the trawler and at the end of the rails. These effectively cut the room in half (though it's possible to step or maybe fly over the rails) except on the far right side. There are windows on the second level, a (closed) large door on the left, a door to exit where Iron came from, and the status of any doors on the other side of the trawler is unknown
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.134782
134783
>>134781
From what he understood from the scenery seen, he at first check the winch's position in relation to the griffons, starting to use his less developed concrete jungle mind to diminish the enemy's advantage in numbers by forcing them to attack one at a time.
(Maybe I can buy some time by making them split up through the bars while one tries to hold me down,) he thinks.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134783
134784
>>134782
The winch is rather large, with a spool of steel chain two feet in diameter, propped up several feet off the ground and connected to an electric motor. The end of the chain is connected to a moor on the trawler. The winch is directly attached to the rails and forms the end of it. The rails are several feet tall, several feet apart from each other, and have a recess underneath them that is deeper than the floor of the room. The rails and the winch are painted in alternating stripes of yellow. The winch is essentially parallel to the griffins and their table, across from them
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.134784
134785
>>134783
Iron couldn't help but pout softly as he looked back at the entrance, now deciding if the hallway back there is a better spot to hold the ground if it manages to undermine their numbers.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134785
134786
>>134784
The door behind Iron does indeed still exist, with Sands looking uncertain and standing near it
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.134786
134787
>>134785
Iron's mouth curls further. (Crud. Now Sands' there and if I go there, she's going to be attacked, too,) he thinks (specially with the unconscious bodies around there.)
Glancing back at his battlefield, he starts to walk towards the winch, licking his lips in anticipation as he looks for a way up there.
(I might need to go all out,) he thinks (give in to my natural instincts.) aka barbarian rage.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134787
134788
>>134786
Three griffins. They don’t look as large as the two that he fought earlier. It’s hard to see what weapons, if any, they have available. They seem to have been playing a card game, and look surprised by the appearance of Iron
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.134788
134789
>>134787
Feeling it's a good idea to simply walk away from their vision while acting the slightest bit shocked himself, Iron trots towards the right-most corner instead and hopefully manage to either get them close to him or leave their weapons behind and thinking it's just a trespasser and not some sort of henchman seeking to bust their feathers.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134789
134790
>>134788
The rightmost corner gives a clear field of view between the three griffins and Iron
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.134790
134791
>>134789
Feeling exposing himself yet again is going to cause more headaches for the griffons, Iron's foalish side can't help but to slowly, carefully retreat back into cover, still remaining as slightly shocked as ever.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134791
134792
>>134790
Alright, which area of cover is Iron retreating to?
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.134792
134793
>>134791
Nearest one, preferrably one with a roof to hide in case they start to fly around.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134793
134794
>>134792
It's unclear whether the room is large enough to allow flight or cramped enough to prevent it... But the ceiling is high above his head in almost every position, although the hull of the trawler gives some cover, and it's probably technically possible to go underneath the trawler on the rails or inside the cabin if he could get on the deck. Aside from that, he can go back the way he came.
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.134794
134795
>>134793
Seeing no other feasible option that doesn't involve getting striked from above, Iron decides to trot back the way he came into the room, having given up on the room to provide a good battleground for his rather disadvantagious position.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134795
134796
>>134794
Sands, seeing Iron coming, goes through the door before him. Iron again finds himself in the hallway, expanding to a cubicle behind him, two closed doors on the right, and a closed door on the left
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.134796
134797
>>134795
"Three griffons," Iron whispers to Sands as he closes the door behind him "I could not see what they had, but they definitely saw me."
With that being said, Iron chooses the closed door on the left, attempting to maybe weird the griffs out enough to maybe follow him to a door he could use to limit any attacks against him.
(Yeah. As long as they do not bring weapons, that should work.)
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134797
134798
>>134796
Iron opens it to find a pair of stalls, a sink, and tile floors. The light is already on.
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.134798
134799
>>134797
Quickly beckoning Sands inside the room, Iron leaves this door partly open before pointing at the stalls. "I will see if I can take them," he whispers to her before readying himself, using his hearing to pinpoint an estimated location.
[1d20+8 = 27]<Listen Check
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134799
134800
>>134798
The griffins are talking to each other. Iron cannot make out what they are saying, and they do not seem to be speaking ponish in any case. One of them opens the door to the hallway
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.134800
134801 134802
>>134799
Realizing the potential from hiding inside the stalls to jump out into surprised enemies, Iron intentionally makes the door creak before slipping into a stall himself, closing the door and awaiting his time to strike.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134801
134802
>>134800
[1d3 = 3]
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134802
134803
>>134800
>>134801
Two of them move ahead. Some time passes, and then the door to the bathroom opens
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.134803
134804
>>134802
Iron attempts to peek from any cracks the stall has to offer in the hopes of seeing what was coming.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134804
134805
>>134803
Griffin. Male. He looks to be armed with a sledge hammer
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.134805
135200
>>134804
Iron squints softly, waiting for him to move closer to his stall.
Anonymous
510fbf1
?
No.134808
134810
Spoilered
Spoilered
Spoilered
Spoilered
Just a quick update on my game though it's probably distracting at best.
This time I loaded an old save two years back and focused on navy construction and oil production, building as many synthetic refineries as I could fit in my land. With all the technology this amounted to 1.8k extra production, not enough to be secure but I was able to make up the difference with judicious use and sacrificing production to buy oil on the world market. It wasn't challenging in the fun way as I had to micro my planes constantly and hold them when enemy bombings stopped. However, I never got below 50% in reserves so that was reassuring.

I also moved faster when I declared war, promptly landing troops on Trottingham as soon as the coast was clear. This was a handy base from which to launch bombers to obliterate the enemy navy. Naval bombing is as OP as it is in real life as Prywhen losts countless cruisers, battlecruisers, carriers, and battleships to my coastal bomber presence. Combining this strategy with submarine warfare made being a Prywhen sailor the most dangerous profession in the world.

In reality I think the Kingdom of Prywhen is a paper tiger despite the excellent buffs it gets with national spirits. You can see how much land it has in the first picture. However, only the Changelings who had been previously castrated by Equestria looked to be in any serious danger, though I'm sure Olenia would have fallen with enough time. I was preparing to launch a D-Day into Equestria but both the Changelings and the deer beat me to it, but my reinforcements helped secure the eastern coast. Although Prywhen had nearly a thousand divisions the few I encountered were 20-width and melted before me, though that may be because I was using space marine templates and fully upgraded griffon knights. The whole enemy army looked to be starved by the time and I didn't face any major offensive, but maybe that had to do with Equestrian resistance. Fascist Stalliongrad joined the war after I already took the northeast and the first thing they did was nuke Canterlot. Anyway, it took only a year after the outbreak of war to completely secure Equestria, with the Changelings somehow occupying more land than Chrysalis ever did. I'm confident Griffonia will be more challenging though I wish I could use "ally" airfields.

I should have screencapped war participation, but I have 35%. I barely have any ground casualties with about two million for our side total, but Prywhen has taken over twelve million after losing the entire army in Equestria.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134810
134912
>>134808
>Prywhen just annexing large nations
Okay, that's really spooky


>Prywhen is a Paper Tiger
>Had 1000 divisions, and suffered as many losses as all Soviet losses including POWs in WW2
You and I have very different definitions of "Paper Tiger

Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134811
134813 134834
2180021.jpeg
>>134495
>>134494
Jubilosa gives her own commentary:
"Well, I don't see what is so wrong with that..."
She trails off at the end, aware that her words are not desired, and she becomes quiet. Khoi doesn't act like she heard Jubilosa. But she does respond to Silver's question:

"You must understand, the Khoe dynasty would face a difficult task even without the rebels, and without the Storm King. Ngua Nam would face change regardless, and to stand strong as King in these times would be like to stand strong in the middle of river. You are more likely to be swept away with the current. The Khoe dynasty started two centuries ago, when a general named Cháy Rừng overthrew the last ruler of the Yín Mén dynasty, a northern Kirin bloodline, and restored Ngua Nam to rule by the native Kylan.

Áo Gió Khoe, the old King, was very well versed in the teachings embodied in the Great Vehicle and ruled Ngua Nam in peace for twenty-five years. But he tired of politics and ostentation, and decided to seek awakening in a small farm on a hill in the country. He visits the temples and the places of the poor to help out sometimes. He retired a year before the Storm King came. Some say he stepped down to leave the throne to his son, so he would not be the last king of Ngua Nam, the one to lose it all.”

She pauses, and closes her eyes as she hakes her head

“But that is not true at all. He helps his son when the country needs it, but stays away from power otherwise. I admire him…
His son is Prince Chắn Sóng Khoe. They is call him ‘Prince’ because of his young age and his still living father, who often makes the decisions instead of Chắn Sóng. But he is King now, and has been much of his life. I think he wants to be something more than a ‘king,’ a highest noble. He wants to be a sort of father of the nation, a ruler who does not simply rule by law but cultivates the virtue of his people. This philosophy is common in the Kirin Empire, but he may have been inspired by your . But he is more likely to be the Last King than to be a father of the nation. He appeared weak when the Storm King came, and his personality is sometimes overshadowed by his ministers. His passion, I think, is in reforming the education system, to add more state-owned schools alongside the village and religious schools. I went to one of these for a couple years. He lacks his fathers wisdom, but he has the energy and idealism of youth. What one lacks, the other has.

The Foreign Minister is Hěnduō Fāngfǎ. He is not Kylan but is the foal of Imperial merchants. The elder king could see his talent and positioned him as ambassador to the Empire. He proved skilled at navigating the complex relationships between nations, and so was made Foreign Minister, and in this role has served both kings. His special project is trade. He hopes to attract foreign investors, and to open new markets for exports. But he’s spent most of his tenure dealing with the wars. It was he more than anyone who kept the Storm King’s forces at bay and stopped them from despoiling the country. But it was likely he who invited the subversive foreign advisers, a failure that casts a shadow over his whole tenure. Neither the foreign mining corporations he has brought, nor the new military backers make him especially popular in the country. But I remember the siege of Cue Song. I do not think the rebels could have been defeated were it not for the foreign bought planes bombing the rebel artillery. His craftiness is invaluable to the nation.

Gió Nóng is the head of the Army and the Minister of War. Like Hěnduō he is not Kylan, but he is not northern Kirin either, but is of a minority tribe of the western mountains and follows an Equestrian Celestialist religion. Born to a landowning family, his family’s plantation has been destroyed and its remains taken twice, by both the Storm King and the rebels. With no where else to go, he spends day and night organizing the resistance against the partisans. He is not a full supporter of the Monarchy, admittedly a dangerous trait for his position, and instead calls himself a ‘Nationalist’ and an ‘Anti-Communist.’ Yet he is valuable because, though does not quite equal Bright Will’s tactical genius, he has a firm understanding of the provincial rulers, their lands and needs, and is a skilled staffer. He is less popular with the peasantry than he is with the landowners, less popular even than Hěnduō. What he considers a ‘modernizing national service’ is seen by some as just a peasant levy. But I was impressed into the national service myself. And I know that Cue Song did not fall, for all the effort of the enemy. And I know that no major city has fallen since he became Chief of the Army"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134813
134834
2155894.png
>>134495
>>134811
She continues,

"Gió Nóng’s main assistant is the head of the National Police. Someone called Không Ai. I don’t know his background. We just know his horn is broken from an assassin’s bomb, and he wears excessive clothing. Gió Nóng may be disliked by many, but Không Ai is the most hated person in all Ngua Nam. He has not a single friend, save for an Equestrian Pegasus stallion named Drawn Card, who is an advisor on matters of policing, and part of the attache. The two are said to sit by themselves at a table, eating together in the public lunchroom, as they do many things together. Drawn Card must be a strong influence on Không, as Không likes to dress his officers up in black uniforms, and decorate themselves with the two horseshoes, back to back.”

Khoi moves her hooves so that she can try to form the symbol of the two horseshoes. Her split-toed Kirin feet don’t look like they could fit normal horseshoes.

“Though he does not have the love of the people, he has their fear… His officers arrest suspected rebels by the thousand. They come at night, and during work, and every hour of the day. There are stories about what happens to prisoners... And there are rumors that he is addicted to painkilling opiates, or that he commits crimes against nature with Drawn Card… But you must understand, he is near legendary among the nation. When his name is mentioned, or his National Police is mentioned, ears go up and Kylan look around. He is like a made up creature parents tell their foals to spook them into behaving, lest they be dragged away and eaten. I think the other ministers tolerate him because he is like a mousing cat.”

She pauses for a long moment and looks around

“In the earlier days of the war, the city of Đền Cổ came under siege from the rebels. The garrison there took up position behind the barricade… Until part of the garrison let the rebels through the gate at night and slaughtered the loyalists. Nothing like that has happened since Không Ai has come. If Gió Nóng is a match for Bright Will’s determination and strength of will, then Không Ai is a match for his ruthlessness.”

She takes another pause, this one shorter

“Trên Tán Cây is his opposite. She was born of the peasantry, to a family that has supplied many monks. She went to school in the Griffin lands, and a teacher of hers there, Ailes Bleues I think is his name, has come here to teach. She believes the people embrace the new ideas because of issues like poverty, or anxiety about industrialization. So she promotes helping the poor and the less advantaged. The young Prince made her the Minister of Health, besides roles like land redistribution and resettlement – one of the few staff choices to come from Chắn Sóng and not the Elder King. Their ideas about education and healthcare are similar. She is very popular among the people. Unlike the other Ministers, who stay in their concrete buildings in the walled cities for fear of assassination, she walks out in the open unafraid, from town to town and village to village. Her plans have not been perfect, for even where there is an effort to make them real, they meet opposition, like land reform, or face practical problems, like resettlement, or in the cases of some hospitals, are targeted by the rebels. But she is one of the few with the hope, the ideas, and the compassion to challenge Bright Will’s vision of the future.

When I was in the national service, I was a nurse's assistant in a makeshift hospital under her ministry. There was no air cooling, and there were not always enough beds or doctors or good sanitation, but the Kylan there carried on their duty. I could tell she was an inspiration to them… to all of us.”

She sighs

“I don’t think the Monarchy knows what it wants to be. And I don’t think it has a singe person, or single idea, to match the fever-dream movement of the rebels. But with the wisdom, the youthful idealism, the determination, the ruthlessness, and the compassion of the many who comprise it, they are collectively a match for Bright Will and his movement. Though they hold only half of a less wealthy vassal state of the Empire, they persevere as a capable and independent nation in spite of a decade of intermittent war and foreign influence.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.134834
134835
>>134811
>>134813
Silver listens quietly and respectfully during her telling of the kirins behind the Khoe Dynasty. He mimics her hoof gesture to make the Black Hooves symbol, grimmaces at her telling of the secret police of Không Ai, and smiles at her tale of Trên Tán Cây.

"It sounds little bit like Whites of Severyana, during our own civil war."

His smile slowly fades as he thinks about the outcome of that particular war.

"Hmm. If I was move religious pony, I might suggest that you were not destined to fight and die in civil war, but to live on and share your light. Certainly there would have been bright light snuffed out from this world had you stayed and died. But I do not know if that would answer your question of why you fought at Hoebuck and not in your motherland. I do know that civil war is bloody, and brutal. There is usually very little to be gained from such fighting besides spilling your own countrypeople's blood. Perhaps you felt disillusioned with it, for Ngua Nam to survive fighting bloody war against Storm King only for your own people to start killing each other in aftermath instead of rebuilding. It also sounded like you had hoped to bring rest of your family here too when you had become settled, right?"
Anonymous
859fc8d
?
No.134835
134836
>>134834
She looks sad for a moment , but then had a reassured smile at Silver’s words.

“I don’t... I don’t know. My father would not want to leave our home. His family has owned that land as free holders for four generations, since his great grandfather received it. My older sister is married. I don’t think they would want to leave unless they had no other choice. I don’t want that to happen. I would like to return, if I could. And I would like to send money back to them, to help them.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.134836
134837
>>134835
Silver smiles back at her.

"If you are willing, I would be honored to help you, in whatever way I can."
Anonymous
859fc8d
?
No.134837
134838
>>134836
She blinks, then tilts her head in an embarrassed smile

“You’ve helped plenty already...”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.134838
134839
>>134837
"I know, but my offer still stands for you if you want it, Khoi."

He continues to smile brightly at the kirin.
Anonymous
859fc8d
?
No.134839
134840
>>134838
“What do you mean?” She asks
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.134840
134841
>>134839
"I mean, if you ever want help sending money to your family, all you have to do is ask."
Anonymous
859fc8d
?
No.134841
134842 134912
>>134840
“Oh... I can’t just accept money...” she squirts around on the couch
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.134842
134843
>>134841
Silver tilts his head slightly.

"Oh? Why not, if I might ask?"
Anonymous
859fc8d
?
No.134843
134844
>>134842
She looks embarrassed

Jubilosa:
“Yeah. Why not?0

Mala:
“I wish someone offered me money when I was on the street.”

Khoi:
“Well... I mean... each Kirin, err, creature should strive to be self sufficient. To care for others rather than to be cared for. That is part of becoming an adult.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.134844
134845
>>134843
Silver nods at Khoi.

"That is understandable. But there is no shame in offering or accepting help, especially if it is to or from those who care for you."

He leans over to give the poor Mala some pets.

"You do not have to accept it, but I would like for you to know that my offer of help is always there for you."
Anonymous
859fc8d
?
No.134845
134846
>>134844
She smiles. Mala also smiles

“Thanks... I would like to stay here some time more, if I could. Maybe not until I am married, but... a little longer.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.134846
134847
>>134845
Silver smiles back.

"Stay here as long as you like."
Anonymous
859fc8d
?
No.134847
134848
>>134846
She smiles.

Jubilosa:
“I would like you to stay around longer. It’s been kind of nice these last two days.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.134848
134849
>>134847
Silver nods in agreement.

"It has been wonderful being part of household again, and you are valued part of it."
Anonymous
859fc8d
?
No.134849
134850
>>134848
“I don’t know if I would call it a household... that’s more like a family.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.134850
134851
>>134849
Silver rolls his eyes and lets out an amused chuckle.

"Well, whatever you would call it, it has been wonderful having you three here."
Anonymous
859fc8d
?
No.134851
134852
>>134850
Presumably, a hug happens after this
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.134852
134853
>>134851
Most definitely. He looks to his friends after they release each other.

"I do have to apologise, but I have couple quick errands I have to finish tonight. I will be back before too long, though."
Anonymous
859fc8d
?
No.134853
134854
>>134852
The creatures look up at him

Khoi:
“Uh, alright”

Jubilosa:
“Get some wine while you are out.”

Mala just stares
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.134854
134855
>>134853
Silver nods to Jubilosa.

"Absolutely."

He bids them goodbye, then departs for Black Cauldron's place of work. If it's available, he takes a taxi, otherwise he trots.
Anonymous
859fc8d
?
No.134855
134861
>>134854
Taxis are not as common in Cherry Hill as the main city, and Silver trots some ways before a taxi passes. But it isn’t that long, really, before a taxi comes along and takes Silver to East side, to the Watering Hope. By this time a crowd is building, and music is playing - some new tune. He knows this is the place, and it’s a pretty active time. Or at least, it will be soon.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.134861
134960
>>134855
Silver breathes in the lively atmosphere before going to the bar counter.
Anonymous
ab45c57
?
No.134912
134913
>>134810
Allied losses were only about three and a half million, mostly among the Olenians, Changelings and New Mareland. Nova Griffonia has taken only a few thousand casualties (I don't think air losses are counted, otherwise it would be higher). I'll grab a screencap of the war next time.

>>134841
>she squirts around on the couch
NOT ON THE COUCH!.

Unironically though, great backstory.
>Hěnduō Fāngfǎ
Kek
>Gió Nóng is the head of the Army and the Minister of War. Like Hěnduō he is not Kylan, but he is not northern Kirin either, but is of a minority tribe of the western mountains and follows an Equestrian Celestialist religion.
I feel proud for knowing the irl corollary of this character.
Anonymous
ee514e2
?
No.134913
134914
>>134912
I’m curious as to why that name invites a “Kek”
Gió Nóng, the head of the secret police, and even the griffin have direct IRL parallels, as do many of the programs and efforts described.
writing this almost felt like an application for EAW writing
Anonymous
ab45c57
?
No.134914
134915
>>134913
It's literally "Many Methods" in Mandarin so although it's not an accurate Chinese name it's a clever use of Google translate
You would be a great EAW loremaster. I don't know if they would accept you because of your associations, and you're definitely busy with other things, but still.
Anonymous
ee514e2
?
No.134915
134916
>>134914
It’s supposed to me “many ways,” which is an epithet for Odysseus in “The Odyssey,” since the character’s modus operandi was similar to a description of Odysseus I recall from a literature professor in college. I have no idea if that explanation is more or less satisfying than what you imagined.

I mean, they have literal talkie on their team, so...

[s\Also, uh, any other commentary?
Anonymous
ab45c57
?
No.134916
>>134915
Not really. I'm guessing "talkie" is supposed to be "tankie." That's an interesting bit of fluff, I just thought it was an appropriate name for a foreign minister who can make things happen through his connections.
Anonymous
444908d
?
No.134947
134949
1110357.png
>Before anyone asks I can't play just came by to say hey
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134949
unnamed.jpg
>>134947
Awww...

Well... Hello
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.134960
135199
>>134861
When Silver goes to the counter, he sees a young, red stallion with spiked hair and an eye patch over his right eye. Evidently he works as the bar tender
Shimmering Spark
30db97b
?
No.134994
135123
I should be around tomorrow to play.
Shimmering Spark
30db97b
?
No.135123
>>134994
I'm definitely free all day tomorrow. I hope we can make it then,
Dark Star
24ad101
?
No.135124
135125
>>133503
Hello
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135125
135126 135127
2096668.gif
>>135124
Hello!

You want Dark Star to continue?
>>133553
>>133554
Dark Star
24ad101
?
No.135126
135127
>>135125
Yea i do.
im not exactly sure where to take this scene though.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135127
135128
>>135125
>>135126
He nods

"Very well. Now, you know."
Anonymous
24ad101
?
No.135128
135129
>>135127
"Thank you for the information,sir. is there anything that needs to be taken care of around the HQ?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135129
135130
>>135128
"There's a new filly we are testing, and the natives are restless as always, but nothing especially relating to you. The actual investigation of the trafficking operation from last night is being taken care of by R & M."
Anonymous
24ad101
?
No.135130
135131
>>135129
"Testing?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135131
135132
>>135130
He nods
"She's on a probationary period of sorts. She's tasked with helping to locate an anarchist printing press. If she succeeds, excellent. If her motives are less than noble, she could only do so much harm."
Anonymous
24ad101
?
No.135132
135133
>>135131
"Who is she?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135133
135134
>>135132
"An Equestrian unicorn filly from somewhere deeper in the countryside. Her name is 'Fantasy Play.'"
Anonymous
24ad101
?
No.135134
135135
>>135133
"This is the first time i've heard of her."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135135
135136
>>135134
"Much the same for me. She only showed up today."
Anonymous
24ad101
?
No.135136
135137
>>135135
"Anything note worthy about her?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135137
135138
>>135136
"She likes cats, even taking one inside with her. She's fairly young. She says she has some expertise in illusion magic. She doesn't seem to like either the Anarchists or the Changelings."
Anonymous
9600b31
?
No.135138
135139
>>135137
"She doesn't? Good. No Pony should."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135139
135140
>>135138
He nods
"It seems the natives in this area didn't appreciate Canterlot's reach any more than the Dominion did, and the new migrants here just do what the labor unions tell them to do. It's rather sad that they go this way, but we are making slow progress to plug the leak. The Changelings, of course have few friends anywhere."
Anonymous
9600b31
?
No.135140
135141
>>135139
"Its Sad Really. i wish things could be different. the labor unions are nothing more than traitors to ponykind."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135141
135142
>>135140
He nods again
"Indeed. In other cities they are known to have connections to the mafia. But here, even the mafia would not touch them. The largest of the unions, "CAN" I believe, was nothing other than a political organization that had no other purpose than provoking rebellion, and all of that in the time of the Princesses. So the military banned it, and of course they started a rebellion... It's still banned under Halcyon Shores, and all collective bargaining is done through the state-run worker's Union."
Anonymous
9600b31
?
No.135142
135143
>>135141
"Degenerates the lot of them. I Hope the Duke does more than just banning them."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135143
135144
>>135142
"Oh so much more has already been done, especially in the last revolt. You must understand, that in Baltimare, the Left is very powerful, in a way it isn't in Canterlot, or Fillydelphia. When Stalliongrad seceded to form their own, 'social project,' the Left revolted here too. They subdivide into three seperate factions.

Historically, the most powerful is the Social Democratic Party of Baltimare. They promise to be everything the far left is, minus the whole 'violent revolution' aspect. Whether they actually offer meaningful change through slow reform, or are merely enabling hierarchy and exploitation by curbing its greatest excesses and thus forestalling violent revolution... that is an argument I leave to Left. They came to power after Celestia's Royal Guard crushed the rebellion a quarter century ago. Canterlot thought the region more easily ruled if a compromise were met, and so the SDP took Baltimare as their own personal fiefdom. Through scandal, they lost the election a cycle or two ago... but they took it back.

The Black Hooves Party and its Fascist Republican ideology does not rule as a one party state. You must understand that. And to that end, as a sign of good faith, the Blackhooves have allowed free, democratic elections open to all parties willing to pledge allegiance to Sunset. Half of the SPD consented, and half didn't, but those who did were strong enough to take the key posts in the election. They have undermined Blackhooves rule by refusing to order their police to search homes and look for resistance members. They have placed subtle blocks to our war time industry. Their complacency towards organized crime is questionable to say the least. But the most disturbing trend is that some of them have been found to support the Resistance. And so we have uncovered their indiscretions with Comte Burgher... This will certainly hurt them.

Another faction in the Left in Baltimare is the Communist Party. They've always been the least popular among the masses here - the locals don't take too kindly to the Authoritarian spirit of the ideology, or its tendency towards centralization - but they've become more popular with defectors from the SPD, and their support abroad, as well as actual effectiveness in insurgency, has always boosted their support. They lead the efforts on Blackbriar peer a week ago. And so when that was crushed, a significant blow was struck against the Communists in Baltimare, both in material terms and prestige.

This leaves one strong enemy, the ideology with the most support among the radicals. The Anarchists. I don't care much to explain their ideology, just know that it's perhaps the most appealing the ponies.. and non-ponies" he shudders "of this region. They are neither tainted by the collaboration of the SPD nor the foreign atrocities of the International Communists. Their failures in 92 and 12 hurt them then, but time has passed. They remain strong."
Anonymous
9600b31
?
No.135144
135145
>>135143
"The anarchists must be crushed, if there's any hope of restoring my homeland to her former glory."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135145
135146
>>135144
He nods
"When the city revolted last September, half of the city was out of our control. The whole eastern side away from the harbor. It took five days for the garrison to push in most of it, and eleven days to clean up the remnants... But like puddles left after a flood, some of it came back in... In one neighborhood, the Anarchists have sectioned off a 'commune.' They have a council of their own, and deny the police access often but not always. Our own garrison forces and police never go there. It hasn't been quite the stronghold they hoped, owing to a fear infiltration and informants, and as they have support elsewhere. But things have changed in the last few weeks. The governor in Manehattan decided to do a purge of sorts of the organized crime syndicates, foreigners, and academia, and the results were... predictable. It now has our opponents spooked everywhere in East Equestria. They think they need to act to help their comrades in Manehattan, or at least, to prevent the same from happening to them. Add to that the massacre on Blackbriar Peer, we can only assume the Anarchists feel pressured to act. And we must take this danger seriously."
Anonymous
9600b31
?
No.135146
135147
>>135145
"if they do act that would be bad for them. they would literally be signing their own death warrants."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135147
135148
>>135146
"Perhaps. But they may well be signing the death warrants for many of our soldiers and collaborators as well, besides disrupting the manufacture and shipments of essential landing gear and aviation gasoline. It would be better to strike first, or - if we must react defensively - that we know precisely what they are doing and where."
Anonymous
9600b31
?
No.135148
135149
>>135147
i gotta sleep
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135149
135165
>>135148
Aww... Okay
Shimmering Spark
30db97b
?
No.135165
135166
>>135149
wonders
Anonymous
db009a4
?
No.135166
135167
>>135165
Do you want something?
Shimmering Spark
30db97b
?
No.135167
135168
>>135166
Maybe we could continue tonight?
Anonymous
db009a4
?
No.135168
135169
>>135167
The last statement to spark was >>133204 →
Shimmering Spark
30db97b
?
No.135169
>>135168
"I'm not good with these sorts of things. He just looks ill. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary kind of sickness."
Amber Sunset
ab45c57
?
No.135170
135171
Spoilered
Spoilered
Fun 1940's fact: did you know public restrooms, or more specifically their stalls, were pay-to-enter and had locks which unlocked by inserting a coin?

Anyway, I did promise to give you screenshot updates of that war. Prywhen had at least 50% more divisions at the start of the war. I was going to join Equestria in a southern naval invasion but after a few in-game days my computer went kaput.
I think my fan is broken. That won't stop me from playing this game, though, whenever it picks up again.

Anonymous
db009a4
?
No.135171
135172
>>135170
They are still like that in Europe

Okay, that’s quite a few losses for Prywhen

Now I just need to figure out what the characters are doing...
Anonymous
ab45c57
?
No.135172
>>135171
They were banned decades ago in the U.S. because feminists argued they comprised gender discrimination as urinals could not be locked the same way. I learned all this from a lockpicking video and it surprised me as I always thought paying to use the restroom was a Rollercoaster Tycoon meme.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.135189
hopes to play again soon
Anonymous
ab45c57
?
No.135190
135191 135196
Spoilered
Cute farmpony noises
Anonymous
db009a4
?
No.135191
135192
>>135190
D’aww
If we can’t get Sven or Darkie, I think Amber should just do something
Anonymous
ab45c57
?
No.135192
135194
>>135191
If you're up for more exploring, sure. It doesn't have to be just sightseeing, though.
Anonymous
db009a4
?
No.135194
135233
21A35DA3-6F66-4EC2-BD5C-1B7FD3A85A82.png
>>135192
We could play. Um... if you want to
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135196
135197
>>135190
Ok, now this is epic.
Epicly coot!
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135197
135198
>>135196
Should probably continue Iron sometime too...
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135198
>>135197
You want him to come~?
*insert lennyface here*
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.135199
135200
>>134960
Silver sits down in one of the open seats, and calls him over.

"Have any whiskey? I will take one if you do."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135200
135201 135202
>>134805
Though he pushes open the door with force, he slows down, moving in front of the first stall, then the second, then by Iron's stall...

>>135199
Without word or comment, the pony pulls a glass up from under the counter, then takes a bottle from the shelf behind him, poring Silver an orange tinted whiskey
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.135201
135203
>>135200
Silver nods.

"What do I owe you?"
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135202
135203
>>135200
Iron readies a mighty buck for the exact moment the griffon tried to open the stall door, hoping to donk him out in one go.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135203
135204 135206
>>135201
"three bits" he answers, only briefly making eye contact before tending to pouring another drink for a different customer.

>>135202
Is the door locked? Do you mean when he opens the door, or when he "tries," i.e., he stands on the other side and tries to press open the door?
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135204
135205
>>135203
Unlocked. Door stall's opened, Iron smashes. Sands should also be hiding rn.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135205
135207
>>135204
Alright, he's on the other side. Roll attack and strength (both)
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.135206
>>135203
Silver places three Bits on the counter in front of him before taking a drink of his whiskey. He sighs as the drink burns in his throat, before looking to the bartender again.

"Do you know if Black Cauldron is in?"
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135207
135208
>>135205
[1d20+5 = 25]<Big boi Strength
[1d20+5 = 22]<Big boit Attack (+5 damage for -5 to hit)
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135208
135209 135210
As he rotates around, he freezes in place, locking eyes with Silver for some seconds. He moves over to the side, and taps on the shoulder of a big grey Diamond Dog wearing a jacket. The Diamond Dog says to Silver,
"Yes?"

>>135207
Iron bucks back onto the door, immediately knocking it off its hinges, and sending it flying backwards, the top half leaning forward and going first. It flies into the griffin, sending him back towards the wall, and evidently causing his head to hit the back of the wall first, sandwiching him between the wall and door.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.135209
135211
>>135208
Silver turns to the Diamond Dog.

"I am looking for Black Cauldron. Do you know if she is in?"
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135210
135211
>>135208
Iron quickly trots out, slamming against the door with his body in order to bonk the griffin further and potentially trap him between a rock and a hard place.
Funny joek.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135211
135212 135217
>>135209
"For what purpose?" He asks, his orange eyes locked on Silver's and with serious expression

>>135210
Thus, Iron stomps on the door, with an "ugh" from the griffin. White Sands comes out, and looks down at the door with feathers protruding from under it.
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135212
135213
>>135211
Iron turns to Sands with a sheepish smile, pretending that was his plan all along before turning a serious expression and looking down at the griffon.
"Welcome to the jungle," the native greets before proceeding to bonk on the griffon again to knock 'im out.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135213
135214
>>135212
Another "slam" on the door, and he's unambiguously out. White Sands scrunches, but stands up and looks to Iron
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135214
135215
>>135213
Huffing softly, the native turns to Sands. "I assume we have more to do before we get out of here," he proposes, sheepish smile coming back again at her scrunching.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135215
135218
>>135214
"Three down." She says
"Two more to go"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.135217
135219
>>135211
"I met her previously, and thought she might be able to tell me where I can find fence to sell goods to."
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135218
135219
>>135215
Iron's radar ears start its scanning, wondering if the other two griffs have heard the three slams in the bathroom.
[1d20+8 = 28]<Listen check
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135219
135220 135221
>>135217
From behind him, he hears a feminine voice
"Silver Star? Is that your name?"

>>135218
It sounds like claw movements of at least one in the direction of the bathroom
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135220
135222
>>135219
Popping his neck, Iron readies his hooves, carefully walking towards the door for yet another door hinge surprise.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.135221
135223
>>135219
"Silver Sword, actually."

Silver turns around, hoping that it's the zebra mare he seeks.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135222
135224
>>135220
As the sound nears, the intensity and speed decreases
"Guidici?" Iron hears
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135223
135237
>>135221
It is indeed. She looks him up and down.
"What brings you here? Are you here for Iron?"
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135224
>>135222
Iron, being the predictable stallion that he is, awaits the moment where the griff was standing right in front of the door, licking his lips softly as he glances for Sands' position and potential critique of his current, somewhat desperate method.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135225
135226
She only stares on. It's hard to tell just precisely where the griffin is, as the floor outside is quieter than the tile in the bathroom
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135226
135227
>>135225
Iron, feeling the need to ensure the griff comes even closer, does his best imitation of a griffon from what he learnt back at the dock.
"I am-a fine, fellow griffin," he lets out in the crudest Griffalian accent ever recorded in civilized history.
[1d20+1 = 12]<Bluff check
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135227
135228
>>135226
And the knob turns, and the door starts to open. Quickly.
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135228
135229
>>135227
Cursing softly, Iron unleashes the powerful buck, ready to once again give the griffon a nice, snug massage with doors and walls.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135229
135230
>>135228
Attack. Strength.
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135230
135231
>>135229
[1d20+5 = 18]<Strength
[1d20+5 = 7]<Attack (+5 to -5)
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135231
135232
>>135230
Iron misses the griffon, but pushes strongly into the door, pushing the griffin back into the hallway, closing the door and damaging it
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135232
135234
>>135231
Iron, feeling his joker side coming up, stifles a smile before licking his lips for yet another cultural appropriation crime.
"It is-a private place!" he calls out with that horrible Griffalian accent.
[1d20+1 = 12]<Bluff Check x2.
Anonymous
2f11d45
?
No.135233
>>135194
Thanks, but I have something important to prepare for today.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135234
135235
>>135232
There's a tumble sound outside, and
"È qui!"
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135235
135236
>>135234
>"È qui!"
Uh oh.
Iron quickly opens the door up in order to deliver a strong punch to the now tumbling griffon.
[1d20+5 = 24]<Attack (+5 to -5)
Anonymous
2ab3651
?
No.135236
135238
>>135235
By the time Iron opens the door, the griffin is recovering, having evidently just picked up a hatchet. But Iron kicks him. Solidly.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.135237
135239
>>135223
Silver shakes his head no.

"No, came here for you actually. I was wondering if you know of any fences to sell goods to."
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135238
135239 135240 135242
>>135236
[1d3+10 = 12]<Bonk
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135239
135240 135241 135242
>>135238
He is knocked back, with the sound of air leaving his lungs making a noticable "hugh" sound.

White Sands charged out and kicks at him
[1d20+4 = 8]

>>135237
"Well... Yes. I know a few. What kinds of goods?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135240
135242
>>135239
>>135238
But she fails.
He swings at Iron, disoriented
[1d20+1 = 3]
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.135241
135242
>>135239
Silver pulls the lockbox out of his bags, and gives it to Cauldron.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135242
135243 135249
>>135240
>>135238
>>135239
Now, Iron may attack again

>>135241
She looks at it, her eyes going wide
"Wow... This is a nice haul here"
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135243
135244
>>135242
Iron does so with gusto, albeit far more precise this time.
[1d20+8 = 22]<(+2 to -2) Attack roll
He couldn't help but smile at Sands' attempt to help him out, even if she failed.
(She sure got spirit.)
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135244
135245
>>135243
And he hits him in the higher chest
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135245
135246
>>135244
[1d3+7 = 9]<Damage
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135246
135247
>>135245
He is knocked down onto the floor, knocking against the wall
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135247
135248
>>135246
Huffing softly, Iron turns to Sands, patting her back before his ears start to scan for the last enemy.
[1d20+8 = 25]<Listen
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135248
135253
>>135247
This isn't hard. This isn't hard at all. He's coming for Iron through the open door in the reception area, carrying a double barreled shotgun
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.135249
135250
>>135242
Silver nods.

"That it is. I am still new to city, though, so I have no one to sell it to. Can you help me?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135250
135251
>>135249
She blinks
"Depending on your business..."
Then she smiles
"Yes, I suppose"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.135251
135252
>>135250
Silver smiles back at her.

"Thank you! Would you want something to drink from bar?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135252
135254
>>135251
She smiles awkwardly
"You're offering to buy me a drink?"
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135253
135255 135256 135257
>>135248
Charging towards the shotgun wielding griffon with a menacing look on his face in order to sell that scare factor even further, Iron opts to buck the griff in his chin while ignoring the glaring issue of charging at the most effective singlefire close range weapon.
[1d20+7 = 23]<Charge attack (+5 for -5)
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.135254
135256
>>135252
Silver nods.

"Thought it would be at least little bit of thank you for agreeing to help me."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135255
135258
>>135253
Not before the Griffin gets at least one shot in
[1d20+4 = 11]

[1d2 = 2]
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135256
135257 135258 135259
>>135253
With Iron's reduced ability to dodge, he feels the sting of the thunder
[2d10 = 11]

>>135254
She smiles
"Uh, sure. I like apple whiskey."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135257
135258
>>135253
>>135256
But Iron hits
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135258
135260
>>135257
>>135256
>>135255
Pushing through the insane recoil of the shotgun, Iron connects his powerful strike with a strained smile on his face to intimidate the griffon that thought the big boomstick would actually help him right now.
[1d3+10 = 12]<Bonk
[1d20+9 = 24]<Intimidate (just to add some extra oomph into the griff's psyche.)
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.135259
135260
>>135256
Silver orders another for Cauldron, putting 3 Bits on the counter.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135260
135261 135263
>>135258
He is indeed bonked, and knocked down
[1d2 = 2]

>>135259
She takes the whiskey, drinking half of it before setting it down.
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135261
135262
>>135260
Iron huffs softly as the pellets inside his coat started to tickle his nerve in a bad way before turning to Sands with a couple of shallow holes in his chest and a smile.
"Whew," he utters out, breathing somewhat even "that was close."
Anonymous
db009a4
?
No.135262
135264
>>135261
“Close?!”
She stares at Iron’s bruises and wounds
“What the hell?”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.135263
135265
>>135260
Silver takes a drink of his own, shaking a little as the alcoholic warmth spreads through his body.

"Ahh...so, how was Khoi's first day working for you?"
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135264
135265
>>135262
"Those griffs will think twice after that last griff saw me barrelling through that big metal boomstick he got," Iron confirms with a smile before looking at Sands. "Do you think we should keep going or that this will be enough to convince them of our powerful nature?"
Anonymous
928e57c
?
No.135265
135266 135268
>>135263
“Oh. You know her?”
She doesn’t wait for the answer
“She... I guess she can learn”

>>135264
“Don’t leave any behind. Don’t trust that they are scared. Keep going till none remain.”
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135266
135267
>>135265
"Fair enough," Iron agrees "so I assume we will look for another place to storm?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135267
135269
>>135266
She turns to her right, looking at the stairs
"Just a minute..."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.135268
135270
>>135265
Silver nods.

"I live with her, currently. Did Iron tell you where she came from?"
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135269
135270
>>135267
Iron tilts his head by Sands' holding request, yet provides no comment aside from waiting a follow up to it.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135270
135271 135274
>>135269
It's her left, not her right
She starts to walk up stairs, to the top floor

>>135268
"Heh, you live with her? No, he didn't where did she come from?"
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135271
135272
>>135270
Iron follows Sands along, wondering what was her plan.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135272
135273
>>135271
She goes up the stairs, and to a landing with a window at the far end with a door to the left
[1d3 = 2]
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135273
135275
>>135272
Iron remains fully quiet, patiently waiting for her to check out the area for... whatever she had spotted.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.135274
135275
>>135270
"She was among number of people who had been tricked and captured by traffickers operating out of 33 Hoebuck. She needed place to live after she was rescued, so...I offered to let her stay with me."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135275
135276 135278
>>135274
"Uh... he mentioned something about that... I think."

>>135273
She opens the door, and goes through
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135276
135277
>>135275
(I wonder where are we going...) Iron thought to himself as he followed the mare into the room.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135277
135279
>>135276
In the room is a table with a typewriter, some shelves, a window with the blinds down, and a turned over table
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.135278
135280
>>135275
"Oh, speaking of, how is he holding up? He was injured pretty badly during fight."
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135279
135281
>>135277
(Huh,) Iron thought, unaware of this place's true purpose or Sands' reason to come here (this place seems rather fancy.)
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135280
135283
>>135278
"He was pretty bad when I saw him yesterday, but he was much better today. So much better, in fact, he volunteered to help do some work."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135281
135282
>>135279
She starts looking around
[1d20+5 = 18]
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135282
135284
>>135281
Iron follows Sands around as she kept looking for whatever she was looking, peering his head behind her to see what she'd find.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.135283
135284
>>135280
Silver's eyebrows raise at the news.

"Huh. Can not keep him down for long, huh?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135284
135285 135286
>>135282
"Well... they are using this office for sure"

>>135283
"Heh heh, yeah." She smiles
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135285
135287
>>135284
Iron nods along, transfixed at Sands' current searching.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.135286
135287
>>135284
He smiles back, and finishes his whiskey. He places the empty glass back on the counter.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135287
135288 135292
>>135285
She turns around and looks to Iron, somewhat irritated
"Make sure the area is empty."

>>135286
She drinks the remainder of the whiskey, doing the same with the glass
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135288
135289
>>135287
With a nod, Iron does as told, frankly a bit confused at her irritation.
(What are we doing?) Iron thought to himself.
[1d20+2 = 7]<Spot Check
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135289
135290
>>135288
Iron finds nothing under a stack of papers. But Sands, peers over the end of the upturned table, and a griffin head pops up, reddish in color.
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135290
135291
>>135289
Iron's head tilts softly at the griffin's appearance, unsure of its intentions as he could've easily tried to attack Sands right about now.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135291
135294
>>135290
He speaks in accented ponish
"Uh, what do you want?!"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.135292
135293
>>135287
"Alright. May we head out, or are you currently busy?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135293
135295
>>135292
She blinks
"Oh, you want me to take you there. Uh, I suppose I could."
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135294
135296
>>135291
Iron puts on a far more intimidating posture, walking towards the griffon. "It is a simple message," he confidently asserts "of who is the one ruling this area. You understand what I am saying so far?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.135295
135296
>>135293
He smiles sheepishly.

"Oh! Sorry, I did not mean to suggest that. I can find my own way there, if you can show me where to go."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135296
135297 135298
>>135294
He wears a black suit. The hair on his head (short as it is) implies usual hat wearing

"I am a, I am a simple accounting griffin, you see. No harm done."

>>135295
"Well for jewelry, there's a specific shop in east side I recommend." she whispers directions
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135297
135299
>>135296
"What sort of accountant has got armed guards inside his premises?" Iron presents, not being actually sure about how rare that is.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.135298
135300
>>135296
Silver nods, and offers her a hoofshake.

"Thank you so much, Cauldron."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135299
135301
>>135297
"An important one" He says, seeming to smile
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135300
135302
>>135298
She gives accepts the hoof shake. Her shake is strong, and she tries to not be the first to break off
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135301
135303
>>135299
(...I suppose,) Iron thought before closing the distance between heads further. "I know that you are working for the recently moved out griffon family from Manehattan," he reveals "now drop the act."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.135302
135303
>>135300
Silver is surprised at this, but pleasantly so. He breaks it off first before it gets awkward.

"Tell Iron hello for me, would you?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135303
135304 135308
>>135301
The smile fades
"Well, you got this far. So say it."

>>135302
She smiles
"I will"
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135304
135305 135306
>>135303
"I will keep it simple," Iron starts. "Do not mess with the Waterfront Gang. Try to impede our operations, and you will be dealt with in a far worse manner than the griffons downstairs."
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135305
135306
>>135304
[1d20+9 = 19]<Intimidate roll
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135306
135307
>>135304
>>135305
"What... what happened to those downstairs?"
[1d3 = 3]
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135307
135309
>>135306
"Nothing big," Iron reassures dismissively as he glanced away, making sure to show off his wounds to see how hard they tried to stop him "I just forcibly made them go to sleep, since this is simply a reminder of who owns the area."
This was followed with Iron's now far more grim expression. "But, if you really want to be an example of how ruthless our ponies can be, I can show you."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.135308
135309
>>135303
Silver bids her goodbye, leaves the bar, and heads for the shop she directed him to.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135309
135310 135311
>>135307
He pauses, as if in contemplation
"And who owns this?"

>>135308
Silver walks some ways, to go into a shop marked as gold and jewelry. There are several display cases of jewelry, and a rather large and old griffin behind the counter with a bald white head and an inspecting glass
Anonymous
2cd3f98
?
No.135310
>>135309
"I have told you already," Iron replied, keeping his stoic look "it's the Waterfront Gang."
(At least I can see that he is scared enough that his mind is almost in a panicked haze.)
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.135311
135312
>>135309
Silver speaks up to get the griffon's attention.

"Hello there. I was directed here by Black Cauldron, she said you could get me good price on jewelry I am looking to sell."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135312
135316
>>135311
"So she did" He smiles, looking rather fat
"And what is it you have to sell?"

Okay, I have to sleep now...
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.135316
135569
>>135312
Silver pulls out the lockbox of jewelry, and shows it to the griffon.

"This."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.135317
hopes to play again soon
Shimmering Spark
30db97b
?
No.135321
135323
wonders what the wolves are doing
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.135322
135323
curious floof noises
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135323
135324 135368
1598147308171.jpg
>>135321
>>135322
Hi ponies!
Shimmering Spark
30db97b
?
No.135324
>>135323
Hello!
Anonymous
ebc80f7
?
No.135325
135326 135368
Then... Suddenly... Fantasy took off her mask. It was voldymort !!1111
If I post here, assume that I can't play unless I stat the opposite. Just came by to say hi.
Anonymous
138523d
?
No.135326
0363F70D-1C81-456F-ACB8-2DABD11C3E72.png
>>135325
Hi!
Amber Sunset!
70ebe5b
?
No.135368
135651
>>135323
Hi there!

>>135325
Just want to let you know if these hours hereabouts are easier for you to play, I can follow this schedule so we can get things rolling, if it's alright for DM.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135569
135570
>>135316
"Hmmm"
He looks down at the set of jewelry intently, his lips pulling back into what must be a smile.

"A brooch"
He picks one up

"This looks like a wedding band... There's some damage here. Some jewels have been removed..."
He picks up a smaller piece
"A golden tooth. Must have belonged to an equine of some kind."
He smiles back to Silver

"1100 for the lot."
bce850a
?
No.135570
135571
[1d20-1 = 8]
>>135569
Charisma: "I killed crocogator in swamp to get that haul. Think you can throw another 100 in there?"
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135571
135572
>>135570
He has a half smile, and places the tooth down. Then he picks up the brooch
"A golden brooch"
Then the wedding band
"A wedding band... It seems to be broken. A necklace, missing its jewels. And a golden capped tooth belonging to a zebra I believe."

Now he smiles more intently
"Only an animal had to die for this haul? You are more efficient than I would have guessed. I assure you, I operate with complete discretion. That is well worth your 100 bits."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.135572
135573
>>135571
Silver contemplates it for a second, then nods.

"Very well. That sounds fair."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135573
135574
>>135572
"Do not worry. I pay in coin."
He removes the set of jewelry in the box, and places gold coins in a pile, counting out to 1100 bits
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.135574
135575
>>135573
Silver smiles.

"That in and of itself is worth that 100 Bits. I thank you."

He shovels the Bits in his bags, which now jingle with the sound of coin.

"I hope we can do business again soon."
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135575
135576
>>135574
He nods, with the strange smile still
"I always welcome repeat business"

Silver gains the whole set of coins, which at least are not too bulky
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.135576
135577
>>135575
Silver bids him goodbye, and leaves for his last destination of the night: to go visit Pear Faucet.
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135577
135578
>>135576
Presumably, Silver goes to the motel where Ms. Faucet told him she was staying. It's an L shape one story building with red tile roofs and pink tinted white stucco walls.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
bce850a
?
No.135578
135579
>>135577
Is there a front office he can go to?
Anonymous
9fc34cb
?
No.135579