/vx/ - Videogames and Paranormal


If you want to see the latest posts from all boards in a convenient way please check out /overboard/

Name
Email
Subject
By clicking New Reply, I acknowledge the existence of the Israeli nuclear arsenal.
Comment
0
Select File / Oekaki
File(s)
Password (For file and/or post deletion.)

6346521.png
Occupied Equestria - Winter Winds
Anonymous
f2e4233
?
No.171000
Continuing
Amber Sunset
e5d580b
?
No.171001
171002
>>170998 →
Amber groans. "And I don't suppose, with all the time we've had, you've thought about how we're supposed to get there?"
Anonymous
f2e4233
?
No.171002
171003
>>171001
"Well, yes. Arrive in Hellquill on the train."
Amber Sunset
e5d580b
?
No.171003
171004
>>171002
Amber pinches her beak with her talons. "Do the tracks go straight to the Ministry of Art?"
Anonymous
f2e4233
?
No.171004
171009
>>171003
"No?" He answers, slightly turning his head
Anonymous
b07e630
?
No.171006
171008
>This is the office of Junior Professor of Necromancy Diligent Debride, so says the plaque outside.
Posey takes a long, fake breath as she readies herself for what could turn out to be a very bad idea. She pats Gloomy with the glow of her horn before she glides into the room.
Anonymous
b07e630
?
No.171007
171008
Does Posey see any creatures/ponies in the office?
Anonymous
f2e4233
?
No.171008
171011
>>171007
She sees Gloomy

>>171006
Mason leaves the office, saying "Let me find her" and closing the door, leaving Posey alone with Gloomy in the office unattended, for a stretch of time that is most likely about two minutes. There is a clock on the wall, but it's on the side behind Posey. The door opens suddenly, and a mare lopes through the door, stopping suddenly just past posey, to the left of the desk, and turning quickly in place, even as the office does not give much space for this maneuver. Behind, Mason closes the door with himself inside of the office, and the office feels slightly crowded with the four of them inside. The room is dark until Mason flips a switch to an electric light. Under the yellow hued light of the incandescent bulb that sticks out from under a wooden ceiling fan, Posey has a better look at the mare. She is unicorn, with a more or less tan colored coat that is alternatively lighter and pink tinted in places, particularly on the belly and the muzzle. She's a little above average height, and has a lanky appearance with a chestnut mane that is tied in the back with a single pink band, and her tail has the same. Her eyes are a dim green, and she wears large, square shaped spectacles. She smiles, revealing teeth that are just slightly crooked. Her cutie mark, though hard to see, seems to be a black "T" shape with a droplet above it, imposed over a midnight blue blob that fades into the color of her coat. Her appearance suggests neither the vital youth of an ageless immortality, nor the scars and wrinkles that accompany accomplishment and wisdom of decades of experience, but an unhappy medium in between. If posey had any hope that this mare was an assistant, it takes less than a second before she opens her mouth and quickly ends it.

"Hello. Sorry, I was talking to a student after a class. Are you the new student? 'Student' I mean. Come in from 'abroad'? I've never seen one of you before. Well, I have, but I mean, not like this. I'm Dilligent Debride, by the way. I am a professor here at the medical school. I am your liaison with the educational world. There is much we can learn from each other. I have all of your paperwork set up. Oh, you have a foal with you? I didn't know you had a foal. I've always wanted a foal. Is he yours?"

She may continue for a while, if not interrupted
Amber Sunset
e5d580b
?
No.171009
171010
>>171004
"Fine," Amber says tersely. "Next stop, we call for a shift change, get through customs somehow, change out of our uniforms and inconspicuously make our way. Doesn't Hellquill have police on every corner?"
Anonymous
f2e4233
?
No.171010
171020
>>171009
"Uh, well, yes. They are very on top of order and security here. And there should be many levies and knights too. We are right by the border with Longsword."

I mean, Amber can get off here and make it to Hellquill. The distance is decent but not vast. Helder just hasn't planned this far ahead.
Anonymous
b4f6f82
?
No.171011
171012
>>171008
>her
Oh.
There goes plan A...
>I've never seen one of you before
Hmmm
>Is he yours?
"He's mine." Posey replies, a little too sharply as she yoinks Gloomy closer to her barrel beneath her cape possessively, a surge of gold pulsing from her eyes for a fraction of a second... before she catches herself and her demeanor returns to her normally polite and coquettish self.
"Oh, pardon, force of habit." Posey says with a bow of her head and a toss of her mane
"It's a pleasure to meet you, Doctor Debride. I am Rosie Ring, certified Necrologist, shadow scholar, and apprentice practitioner in The Art."
She pulls back her cape, once again revealing the smothered colt.
"This is Gloomy, my... son... He's been in my care, as I attend to his unique medical needs and tutor him in The Art to channel his inborn gifts." she continues, as she strokes Gloomy's mane
>There is much we can learn from each other.
"It's always a pleasure to meet a fellow enthusiast. I believe we could have much to learn from one another."
Anonymous
f2e4233
?
No.171012
171013
>>171011
>Posey's plans required a stallion
Kek! Let me know if I need to throw stallions at her, because I am happy to do so.

"Yes, yes" she says, smiling. Posey can tell that it's a genuine smile too, as she seems to be actually excited. Her voice sounds odd, and she must have some kind of accent. Perhaps a foreigner. "There is much... So rare! Hehehe... Your son is he?" She looks down at Gloomy, closing her lips for this smile "You look a little young. Or are you? I'm not judging." Raising the pitch of her voice "So you're certified? Well I am one of a very few licensed necromancers in all of Equestria. I'm also a licensed surgeon." Looking up. "What are his medical needs?" She asks
Anonymous
b4f6f82
?
No.171013
171014
>>171012
>"What are his medical needs?"
"Gloomy has a number of medical conditions that conventional medicine cannot treat... most of them are hereditary and if the supernatural variety. I can fill you in on the details later." Posey says, quietly
She puts on a bit of a grim, hushed expression and mouths to imply that it's a sensitive topic to speak of right in front of the foal.
>Well I am one of a very few licensed necromancers in all of Equestria. I'm also a licensed surgeon
"So I heard. It's hard to find somepony who excels in The Art and practices openly, but with the wars and whatnot ponies still come to us for advice whenever things get spooky."
Anonymous
f2e4233
?
No.171014
171015
>>171013
“Oh… I see…”

“Yes, they do, though they’d do it less if they knew what we were up to, hehehe. So… how far along are you? We are going to need to set up your course of study here, after all.”
Anonymous
b4f6f82
?
No.171015
171016 171017
>>171014
>So… how far along are you?
Posey's ears fold back somewhat
"I... have much to learn. I'm only an apprentice practitioner. I came to Equestria to complete my studies because the conditions to study my trade in my home were... Oppressive. I possess knowledge of the basic fundamentals of arcana, and entry level training in spiritualist channeling. I possess off-hand knowledge no less than thirteen spells of the most basic power levels, although many of them are specialized or redundant. I have some military background that afforded me the opportunity to enter the practice, and for that purpose I specialize in Necromancy in the context of warfare, particularly with blackweave effects that directly effect subjects with negative energy, or dread affects that invoke feelings of fear by influencing the subjects spiritual bodies. I'm particularly proficient in spiritual channeling, and have used it to quel haunts as well as to calm, counsel or chastise restless dead who sporadically spawn on battlefields and mass graves, although I wouldn't consider myself a priest."
Her ears droop even further
"I am unable to raise the dead myself, but I have seen it done before."

(None of this is a lie)
Anonymous
b4f6f82
?
No.171016
>>171015
(Yes, I did rip off the term "blackweave" from Githyanki lore)
Anonymous
93d302c
?
No.171017
171018 171019
>>171015
“Oh. Good. So you’re not a complete novice. I see you’ve focused on the supernatural, and on stigmatized locations. Here, especially at the medical school, we focus on bodies, living and dead, and the very precise application of specific spells. Your background is… Questionable for a 3rd year of the medical school, but maybe appropriate for the School of Arcane Sciences.” Nodding, “yes, that will do. And don’t worry, we’re not so overbearing here. So long as you stay away from the department head” she says through her teeth, almost growling. “No, you’ll like it here. We have access to the best minds, the best books, and other resources” raising the pitch “that you can hardly find anywhere else. In any city, really.”
Anonymous
b4f6f82
?
No.171018
171021
>>171017
"That's splendid." Posey replies, taking out her quill to begin signing paperwork
"Where do I begin?"
Anonymous
b4f6f82
?
No.171019
171021
>>171017
>department head
"... My I ask, what does the department head look like? I'm well aware of the need to be discreet; someponies don't exactly appreciate the nature of our craft."
Amber Sunset
e5d580b
?
No.171020
171021
>>171010
>abandoning her passengers
"We're going to have to risk using the anonymity of crowds. You do have experience coming here, correct?" Amber inquires, unwilling to assume anything more of Helder.
Anonymous
93d302c
?
No.171021
171022 171023 171024 171025
>>171020
He blinks. “Once. Briefly. More so my experience is with the director himself.”

>>171018
“You already have your student visa. But you need your course of study. We will have to be specific… the university will only tolerate so much leniency…”

>>171019
“His name is Ersatz Orgone. He’s genuinely talented and very knowledgeable… but he has his ‘politics’. He has spent much of his life trying to make necromancy ‘respectable’. To ‘separate’ the practice from its ‘darker’ elements, and ‘rehabilitate’ its reputation…” she shakes her head. “There’s no way around it. You will have to deal with him. But you have to be very careful. He can’t know why you are here. Or where you are from. And he will likely inquire. He’s a black unicorn stallion. Dark black. White mane. A bit smaller. Older.”
Anonymous
b4f6f82
?
No.171022
171024 171025 171026
1597901__safe_edit_edited+screencap_screencap_twilight+sparkle_alicorn_pony_g4_-fwslash-mlp-fwslash-_4chan_descriptive+noise_female_mare_open+mouth_reaction+ima.png
>>171021
>>171021
>trying to make necromancy ‘respectable’
>‘separate’ the practice from its ‘darker’ elements
>‘rehabilitate’ its reputation
If Posey had eaten breakfast this morning, she would vomit.
Posey gives Diligent a look of genuine sympathy, something uniquely rare for a wicked and ruthless villain such as herself.
>You will have to deal with him. But you have to be very careful. He can’t know why you are here. Or where you are from.
"... Understood."
Amber Sunset
e5d580b
?
No.171023
171027
>>171021
"We will have to play this by ear, then," Amber says, more disappointed or even fearful than angry or hopeful.
Anonymous
b4f6f82
?
No.171024
171026
>And I thought Magehold was oppressive...
Posey thinks to herself.
>>171022
>>171021
"Without further ado, could I get a brief introduction of the obligations and activities of applicants? Responsibilities? Attendance? Regular classes? Field work? Research requirements?"
Anonymous
b4f6f82
?
No.171025
171026
>>171022
>>171021
"Might I ask, what exactly does Orgone think that a 'reputable' Necromancer should do? As in, what sort of necromancy spells does he fancy?"
Anonymous
f2e4233
?
No.171026
171029
168929.jpg
>>171022
>>171024
>>171025
"No... I think some ado is necessary. You need to know where you are, and what we are doing here. This is Equestria. The land of magic and Harmony. The adoptive Homeland of Ponykind. The land that, for a thousand years, was ruled by ageless princesses with the power to move celestial bodies. Whose Paragons yield powers derived directly from the spiritual force of the universe. And this is Jim Haykins University's School of Medicine, the premier medical school in all of Equestria. Do you understand that? This is the top medical school in Equestria. Not Hayward. Not Manhattan University. Not Trottard over in Canterlot. Not any school in the Crystal City, nor anywhere else in Equestria. Right here, in Baltimare. This very building. This is where the most talented students of medicine and medicinal magic come to study - where elite doctors wish to claim a degree.

This Medical School is not where rich ponies send their pampered trust fund colts to study when they are done with preparatory school and need some place to go 'make connections' while they get a pointless degree that lets them go become a bureaucrat, or take a job in the family business, or become an absentee landlord as they lounge around cafes and bordellos in Aquellia. No. When your precious, one and only colt - whom you've poured your heart and soul and riches into - the last of your bloodline, the only heir to your ancient family lands given by Commander Hurricane as a part of the Pegasopolis claim for your knight ancestor's valiant deeds in the fight against the griffins a millennia ago - when he is stabbed through the back by the stinger of a Manticore and is minutes away from death and extinguishing your aristocratic bloodline forever - Jim Haykins University School of Medicine is where you pray to whatever gods may be that the doctor treating your colt learned the necromantic art of life energy drainage, so that he may lower your colt's heartrate just enough to stop the spread of the poison, and prevent him from dying of hemorrhagic shock just long enough for surgeons to stitch him up. Or when you find that the growth in your lung is indeed malign and about to metastasize, and it's too deep to remove surgically, you can take poison, or if you have the money, the power and the luck, you hire a necromancer trained at Jim Haykins to use a death inflicting magic on the cancerous mass. If your trip climbing Mount Everhoof didn't go quite as planned, and you find that your entire right rear hoof from the pastern down is frost bitten and dead, you can amputate, or you can have a Jim Haykins trained surgeon cut the blood veins and reanimate the dead the flesh, stopping decay and infection and letting you keep the hoof, if in a lesser capacity. The medical schools of Stalliongrad, Karthin, Rijekograd and Colthage brag when one of their professors received an education at Jim Haykins. That is who we are.

Your understanding of the life of a necromancer is, I assume, of a life living in decaying ruins in a cold waste beyond the artic circle under endless night, grateful for the ancient wall that keeps you safe from the paladin's blade. Or maybe it's of resurrecting chickens on a secluded hill in the forest, hoping that no mercenary or hunter will discover your secret. Or maybe it's of presenting yourself to the world as an eccentric antiquarian or an erudite mage, while conducting secret experiments in the basement, forever fearful that the inquisition may pry just a little too deeply into your affairs. You've accepted the idea that Necromancy is dark magic. And dark can only exist where the light is not, because any contact with light will always destroy the dark. So you must always hide from the light, lest it destroy you. That is not what we do here. We walk amongst the light with pride. No hiding from the world, and no hiding of the true self. We practice a magic that deals death, and that places in inanimate matter a force that imitates life in a crude mockery. And for that, we are praised. We are paid for by the government, by the nobles, and by the church, and they proud to be our patrons knowing what we do. When we encounter paladins, inquisitors, and yes, the Princesses, we tell them that we are necromancers, we tell them about our magic, and we smile as we accept their money, their kiss on our hooves, and an invitation to the gala. Because they know that our magic can sometimes give them something all of their money, their political power, their fame, and their 'light' magic cannot.

You may see this as slavery. I see it as freedom. And Orgone is as good as any necromancer of the Dread League, but he doesn't want to move to somewhere cold for work. We both prefer mild winters.

Here at the school, we specialize in two broad categories of necromantic magic. The first and most important is magic with a medical purpose. These include inflicting harm, inflicting death, vampirism, draining of the life force, and under certain conditions, reanimation. You may be surprised. The focus is always on precision, not raw power. Being able to reanimate a single dead heart is more valuable than commanding an army of zombies. The second large category is magic with a 'research' purpose. This means anything we want it to mean, though you have to be a very knowledgeable necromancer to persuade the dean your research is on the cutting edge. Sometimes, there is a third category - magic for the sake of security. This includes any help against roaming undead, unlicensed necromancers, haunts, and when the government comes around to the idea that maybe an army of the undead is a good idea.

You can take classes in the Medical School, or the College of Arcane Sciences. As a research assistant, or a third-year medical student. It's about finding the right place for you. You are here because I know who you are. Well I don't. But I know what you are. And I appreciate it. I think you can appreciate the same of us here."
Anonymous
f2e4233
?
No.171027
171030
>>171023
Helder can only give a slow nod, as the doors close, and the pistons start to chug as the train proceeds on the last few miles to its final destination: Hellqill City.
Anonymous
03e8d00
?
No.171029
171032
8uemvlrqmhd11.jpg
>>171026
That's a very long-winded monologue. The poor little poner must be tired.

Posey nods through the ado description, with a stoic, professional expression
"Cutting edge practices, I see." She says, at the end of the description
"My speciality is Arcane Sciences in the field of necromantic security, and blackweave spells. I do, however, practice precision 'medical' necromancy as a sort of pet project." she gestures to Gloomy, who appears to be districted trying to catch his mother's elusive tail.
Posey whispers, very faintly
"With standard medical magic, there's no future for colts like Gloomy. He's a product of the terrors of war: mana poisoning and diabolical mutations caused by being exposed to arcane wastes left by magical battlefields and dysgenics experimentation. His chakras are completely chaotic, oozing with necrocarnum instead of incarnum, and his immune system is severely crippled. Conventional healing spells or treatments would surely kill him. He may appear fine on the outside, but that's only as the result of persistent care and avant garde methods. On the inside, his body is filled with strange growths, bloody puss and even internal limbs. He's prone to seizures and demonic possession, experiencing chronic nightmares of a shadowy goat coming to drag him him to Tartarus. His continued existence has been my longest project, and part of the tail end of my apprenticeship. I regularly heal him with negative energies, kill off gangrenous growths, and address his mental conditions with hypnotherapy. He used to require weekly transfusions from me, but thanks to long term efforts that's come to pass, but he still needs to have magically-tainted fluids drained on the regular."
>pic semi-related
Posey speaks up after again, no longer whispering
"I may not have reared Gloomy myself, but he's my foal just as much as any other parent, possessing just as much if not more shared blood between us. I brought him here today in part to demonstrate my medical investure into the arts. I plan that some day he'll be strong enough to carry the weight of death on his back." Posey concludes, levitating the colt
"So I foresee that you'll find that I'm more than ready to take on any research tasks here."
Amber Sunset
e5d580b
?
No.171030
171031
>>171027
Amber goes to find Federkleid. "You're going to have to discard your 'piece'," she whispers.
Anonymous
f2e4233
?
No.171031
171043
>>171030
The scenery outside moves at a slower pace than the train's journey from Soldau to Beakstadt. This makes sense, as the ancient forests and lonely fields are replaced by sprawling fields alternating green, gold, and brown, where potatoes and wheat are harvested and replaced by stubs and fallow fields. The harvest is still underway, as more than once the train passes big red mechanized tractors, combine harvesters, and dull colored ponies under the yoke, pulling potato spinners and carts. But much of the land is not fields. Before, the train passed several ancient villages of thatches rooves, narrow timber walls, and lakeside bathhouses. It still does, on the Lonsword side. But now in Hellquill, such antique constructions are replaced by the familiar half-timber construction of houses with high angled roofs, and whitewashed walls that are so familiar to a Herlander. There are, likewise, many windmills, two fortified castles perched on hills adjacent to the river, and several factories and mills with tall red chimneys and brick walls.

All of this is of course mostly to the left side of the train. To the right, the train more or less follows the Griffking River, still massive this far upstream. On the other side is Longsword, greatly less developed and more often wild or agricultural. More than one field, and even a village, appears burned.

It isn't long before the density of buildings increases, and apartments and mills come to predominate, with a few tracks splitting off to the left or right to serve specific factories or mills, and the tracks move inland to give more space by the river for factories. Many griffins can be seen on either side of teh tracks. They could before, to be sure, but they are more common now that there are regular passersby, and no small number of who seem to be military levies stationed by the border, mostly standing around in uniform talking, or smoking cigarettes. The walls of the great castle complex that forms the capital of all Hellquill is visible through breaks in buildings, sitting atop a low hill in the city.

Hellquill Hauptbahnhof nears, and the engineer collects the baton.

Felderklied responds
"And be unarmed? Are you mad? Why?"
Anonymous
f2e4233
?
No.171032
171034
>>171029
scrunch
no u

"So you didn't birth him..." she says, although her low volume suggests it was to herself and not to Posey. She breathes out, then back in, then back out and back in again. She moves next to Posey's side, and turns her head to her, and then to Gloomy. Her positioning seems odd, until Posey can see that she is attempting to place her tail near Gloomy.

"I cannot give a diagnosis or treatment recommendation to your foal without an exam. No doctor can. But to hazard a guess, I think I know at least a part of the problem. Gloomy, like all living ponies, is dependent on Harmony magic as a part of his broader life force. He needs to be exposed to more of it. It will help him heal and recover strength."
Anonymous
f2e4233
?
No.171033
171048
>>170986 →
Behind Silver's position, and a bit to the right, is where the Changelings that were shooting at Silver from the second floor were. These were the Changelings that were suppressed by the planes. In a hallway going north and towards the direction Silver was going, but on the right side of the courtyard, by where the changelings were that he just fought, is possible direction these changelings were going, or maybe, where they came from.
Anonymous
03e8d00
?
No.171034
171035
>>171032
"I wasn't looking for any diagnosis; I've examined him very many times." Posey replies
"He's also a subject of my research though, which is why I brought him here to disclose that."

Gonna roll a grapple check on Gloomy's part to catch the tail
[1d20-2 = (13-2) = 11]
Anonymous
f2e4233
?
No.171035
171036
>>171034
It lands, if barely, catching the end. He know has the edge of her tail.

"I see..." She says, staring at the colt.

"But for his health, it would do him well to be exposed to other foals. That will help to replenish his magic, and in a way that is slow enough to prevent shock."

She adds, after a pause
"It's difficult to secure live subjects for testing... But yes, perhaps the College of Arcane Sciences is best for you... If you wish to keep your focus on security magic."
Anonymous
03e8d00
?
No.171036
171037
>>171035
>tfw trying to raise a colt to be evil and insane only to get peer pressured by doctors
"I've been considering what environment to bring him up in. I've been homeschooling him myself, although I'm contemplating what he needs to be exposed to." Posey says, with an indiscernible expression
"The College Of Arcane Sciences is what I was aiming for, yes."
Anonymous
f2e4233
?
No.171037
171038
>>171036
"If only I had a playmate for him..." She says, swishing her tail a bit right to left, though likely not with enough force to break-free.

"The College of the Arcane Sciences is not as prestigious as the medical school. It's the best in all of the Southeast, and perhaps tenth in all Equestria, but it doesn't have the same bragging rights as the medical school. In Arcane Sciences, you will attend occassional lectures, study at home, and act as a research-assistant. You will have access to the library. You won't have the same access to dead bodies as if you were a student in the clinic in the medical school. Remember that medical necromancy comes down, more or less, to sucking the life force out of living things. If you wish to learn weaponized necromancy, that may be more your fancy. If your interests are elsewhere... perhaps not."

Then after a pause
"You should consider enrolling him in school."
Anonymous
03e8d00
?
No.171038
171039
>>171037
>enroll foal into an institution that has required abuse-reporters
"... I'll consider it."

This is where I'd like to ask ooc if Posey's actual mechanical skills and spell list a relevant to her decisions in this college. Posey doesn't have a lot of skillpoints, access to the heal skill, or very much flexibility with her spell list. Is this going to be a sort of faction affiliation thing?
Anonymous
f2e4233
?
No.171039
171041
>>171038
She smiles as she swishes her tail some more.
"Perhaps I can show him around the town. Some fresh air wouldn't hurt. It's much safer outside here, you know."

There is no faction difference, as they are all the same group of "licensed necromancers." There will probably be some difference in NPCs though. The primary differences are in gameplay and in what spells Posey can learn. In terms of gameplay, the College of the Arcane Sciences probably is the best choice, as it requires the least interaction and gives the most freedom.
Anonymous
03e8d00
?
No.171041
171044
>>171039
"You mean now?"
Okay
Amber Sunset
e5d580b
?
No.171043
171044
>>171031
"It's a death sentence, knowing them. We will be searched, if not by customs then at random, and if the weapon is found we will be arrested. There's no hope of fighting them off anyway so best not to risk it." Amber's tone and expression evokes absolute certainty.
Anonymous
f2e4233
?
No.171044
171045 171049
>>171043
She looks at Amber for several seconds, then lets out a long sigh. She reaches into her jacket pocket, takes out the automatic pistol, unlatches a window next to her, then lets it fall out of the window to the ground below.

The train slows down, until it comes to a stop at Hellquill Hauptbahnhof. Final stop.

>>171041
"Well, I meant later... But I could... The poor little thing. Needs some love."

She moves with her hoof to attempt to ruffle his mane.
Amber Sunset
e5d580b
?
No.171045
171046
>>171044
Amber, for the final time, signals for passengers to depart. Her expression is calm but her heart is racing. She looks around the train station to see where customs is and where the train staff rooms are.

Would've been funny to have a random chance for the gun to go off when it fell
Anonymous
f2e4233
?
No.171046
171063
6246743.gif
>>171045
[1d20 = 4]

Customs officers are spaced along the tracks, though tending to the center and right side of the platform. Staff rooms tend towards the left. Perhaps most concerningly, there are Reichsbahn uniformed griffins on the platform, nearer the left and towards the staff rooms.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a037c71
?
No.171048
171298
>>171033
Then that's where Silver goes, going as fast as they can without rushing blindly forward. They can't afford either to take too much time or to get ambushed again.
Anonymous
f27ba58
?
No.171049
171050
>>171044
Posey does not bite the mare touching her colt yet
Gloomy reflexively shrinks back at the touch of a stranger, but doesn't run off.

Posey requests any paperwork she needs to fill out to start her research.
Anonymous
f2e4233
?
No.171050
171051
>>171049
She pets his head, and uses her magic to move his mane above his ears. "Yes of course" she finally stops looking at Gloomy and looks to Posey. She moves back towards her desk, likely stretching her tail to the limits, and possibly pulling it out of Gloomy's grasp.

She takes the book "Quamoon-e-Islamb," with her magic, holds it close to her in her hooves, and then takes a key and opens a lock on her desk, then places the book there, locking it back. She opens another, unlocked drawer, and takes a set of papers out of it, then eyes it.

"Here. Start on these. The hard part has been done already, but you do need to formally sign into the program, get a student card, and of course a library card."

She takes the papers in her magic and offers them to Posey.

"Let me just take him..." She reaches out her hooves, looking to hold Gloomy, trading Gloomy for the papers.
Anonymous
6b2e269
?
No.171051
171052 171053
>>171050
>possibly pulling it out of Gloomy's grasp
This provokes an attack of opportunity. Gloomy has been raised to be a ruthless killer, and thus he pounces
[1d20-2 = (5-2) = 3]

Posey signs the forms with her magic, taking out a bright red quill from her purse, the papers whirling around her in a flurry.
>"Let me just take him..."
Posey squints slightly
"...... He's shy." She says, perhaps a bit unconvincingly, as she levitates Gloomy off of the mare's tail and lowers him back to his fortress beneath her cloak, her own tail twitching beneath it, somewhat possessively.
[1d20-2 = (10-2) = 8]

She examines the papers to make sure she's not activating any contingent curses or binding magic as she signs.
Anonymous
6b2e269
?
No.171052
>>171051
Posey is flat-footed against an enemy she can't see beneath her, and Gloomy gets a flanking bonus, so that hits.
Anonymous
f2e4233
?
No.171053
171054 171057
>>171051
The papers concern primarily mundanities like agreeing to abide by the rules of the university and its code of conduct, not to engage in conduct that would tend to bring infamy to the university by association, a waiver of a right to a hearing if any disciplinary or academic action is taken, a waiver of liability should injury or death occur on campus and in particular, during research, a commitment to serve as a teachers assistant if necessary, a promise not to join a union should an on campus job (including teachers assistant) is taken to compensate for tuition expenses, an agreement to take out a loan to pay for tuition expenses that is not dischargeable at bankruptcy and has a variable interest rate with a floor of 6%... blah blah blah. There's no magic to it at all. There is no curse. It's just a boring legal document, like so much in this oddly low magic world.

Gloomy has unfortunately lost his prior prey. But he has caught new quarry.

"Oh that's alright. The first step to making friends is meeting new ponies." In a baby voice, "Wanna come out, little fellow? Come on. I won't hurt you."
Anonymous
9d428ce
?
No.171054
171055 171058
hcbkfxmxiaq71.jpg
il_570xN.1680129126_6n41.jpg
il_570xN.1997568321_ivj6.jpg
>>171053
>abide by the rules of the university and its code of conduct
>not to engage in conduct that would tend to bring infamy to the university by association
>a commitment to serve as a teachers assistant if necessary
Some details on this would be appreciated, if they are to be relevant, which I think it will.
Posey signs them anyway, with intent to comply as far as it is convenient for her to do so.
>an agreement to take out a loan to pay for tuition expenses that is not dischargeable at bankruptcy
>interest rate with a floor of 6%
Wow, wow, wow! Big red flag there. I thought this was set in an era before student loans and enormous uni tuitions, let alone federally-backed ones.
What kind of tuition are we talking about here? I expected it would be around 25 gp, like Morgrave University in Sharn.
Posey, has already sold her soul and is enslaved for indefinite eternity for her apprenticeship in Magehold, would be super hesitant to do it again just for her cover occupation, especially with any long-term costs that would compete with her tributes to her master.
Anonymous
6e72538
?
No.171055
171058
>>171054
Posey inquires about this personally, if it isn't clear in the documents.
Anonymous
ff4b774
?
No.171057
171058 171059
>>171053
I guess wouldn't be roleplaying Posey responsibly if I didn't adequately demonstrate her vain possessiveness. It's not pragmatic, but here goes.

"I said he's shy!" Posey repeats with a stamp of her hoof and a whirl of her cape, as she swiftly yoinks the anemic-looking foal back into her chest fluff and wraps her cape around him like a security blanket, her eyes blazing with a supernatural aura as her horn sparks with sanguine magic

This'll be an Intimidate check
[1d20+11 = (4+11) = 15]
Anonymous
93d302c
?
No.171058
171059 171060
IMG_0312.jpeg
>>171054
>>171055
It’s just a shitpost, because Posey wasn’t concerned about mundane horrors in the legal paperwork she’s signing. Don’t take it too seriously.

“Oh… and Miss Ring, know that the university doesn’t know why you are here. Not the Board, not the Dean, not the Head Librarian, and not Orgone. Only a select few. They believe you are from Bonedrift. Don’t disabuse them of that notion. And be careful what you say about your fictional past. A few ponies here know that area.”

>>171057
[1d20 = 19]
Anonymous
93d302c
?
No.171059
171060
>>171057
>>171058
She scrunches.

“A bit of socializing would do him good.”
Anonymous
ff4b774
?
No.171060
171061
IMG_20240125_231010.png
>>171058
>It’s just a shitpost
Ah, okay.
>be careful what you say about your fictional past.
"Oh, I will." Posey replies
>>171059
Posey counter-scrunches.
"... Yes, I'll see to it that he makes lots of friends, just at ou- his own speed." Posey replies

I'm going to have to sleep soon.
Anonymous
93d302c
?
No.171061
171070 171072
>>171060
“No no” she takes the paperwork, and stacks it nearly on the desk. “He needs to be exposed to other ponies if he is to overcome his anxiety and… other issues.”

She looks down towards Gloomy, whether or not he is visible behind her cloak.
“I know what could help him now…”
Amber Sunset
e5d580b
?
No.171063
171064
>>171046
One would think that officers would be watching customs more closely. Amber quickly gathers together her three compatriots and describes the plan to them: they would all proceed to the staff rooms together as the group would look more "official" than any one of them, and they would be chatting normally to further the appearance. None of them can make any sudden moves even if questioned. It's a gamble as to whether it would pay off, but getting through customs instead, in Hellquill, without paperwork would be suicidal.
Anonymous
f2e4233
?
No.171064
171065
>>171063
Amber's companions have moved towards the front of the train, with the few gathering around the first car's bremerhaus.

Erich is the last among Amber's companions to resign himself to the situation. "Did you not prepare fake IDs? Fake passports?" He asks, directing his line of questions to Helder. But after back and forth, he comes to accept what the others already have. That there wasn't enough time to prepare, and this is the best they could have done. All they have to do is to get in front of the right officers anyways. Then, Helder can drop a few names, and they can enter the castle.
Amber Sunset
e5d580b
?
No.171065
171066
>>171064
It's a gamble, but the closer they get to the right ministry, the better their chances. Amber also regrets not having a fake ID as well, since for years at the palace the writing was on the wall and she had the connections and means to have one prepared in advance. It wasn't the first time lack of intrigue skills had nearly gotten her killed, but she and her viola will go as far as possible for survival's sake.
Anonymous
f2e4233
?
No.171066
171067
>>171065
Was it really so obvious that a literally insane princess was going to be deposed? The Empire had only gone through two revolutions and a couple of attempted coups in her lifetime, after all. But that's all in the past now... At least Helder made connections.

The griffins open the car doors to all go outside at once, keeping left. Amber can feel that it's gotten much colder. This must be because a cold front is coming in, and indeed, black clouds hang in the sky, though they do not quite block out the sun, nor is it raining at the moment. A pair of griffins with Reichsbahn uniforms approach Amber and company.

"Would you have a word with us, herr conductor?" The griffin in the front - dark brown and rather big - says to her, with a stern look.
Amber Sunset
e5d580b
?
No.171067
171074
>>171066
Amber glances left and right to her companions, before looking at the griffin. "Of course," she answers.

Amber is still wearing her uniform and is carrying the viol case with the viol inside.
Anonymous
8e3a6ea
?
No.171070
171072 171073
60f6e067449ac4eb8f71e9e6e64840a202f18d329fe96be52f3095d32de9b6eb_1.mp4
>>171061
Posey does not like where this is going. She hastens her magical scribbling as she keeps her eyes trained on the mare.
Anonymous
2b8c7b3
?
No.171072
171073
>>171070
>>171061
And because I'm bored, I'll have Posey use her Charming Gaze, to test her mettle, even though this mare already looks friendly.
DC 17 Gaze
Anonymous
f2e4233
?
No.171073
171075 171081
>>171070
>>171072
Perhaps unfortunately for Posey, Debride's eyes are set on Gloomy

"You can come out, little fella. I know just what you need. You wanna feel better, don't cha?"
Anonymous
f2e4233
?
No.171074
171077 171078
>>171067
Speaking firmly
"What is your name?"
And
"Who gave you orders to be on this train?
Anonymous
2d6d1df
?
No.171075
171078 171081
1698821__safe_edit_edited+screencap_screencap_twilight+sparkle_alicorn_pony_g4_my+little+pony-colon-+the+movie_animated_bring+me+to+life_female_glowing+horn_hor.gif
>>171073
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HE'S MIIIIIIIIIIINE!
Posey screams internally
Amber Sunset
e5d580b
?
No.171077
171102
>>171074
I really should be better at taking notes, I had to go searching for the alias.
"Rudolf Hofstadter," Amber answers, seemingly nonplussed. "I was called in by the Katerinburg office to fill in for the scheduled conductor who felt sick."
Anonymous
cde2d10
?
No.171078
171079 171081 171088
>>171075
>>171074
Okay, I'm just going to try to move things along here. I can't spend a third week signing paperwork. I appreciate the interactions with these NPCs, but I do want to get to the next quest.
This is a challenge with Posey's personality, her possessiveness versus her need (and binding) to stay civil in public.
Since Gloomy is not actually a cohort, I, the player, do not have actual agency to dictate all of his decisions, so I'm going to make a d20 loyalty check with a DC of 12 (he's well groomed, but curious and prone to chaotic actions, and Posey hasn't directly told him otherwise; he has also hardly ever been around living creatures that were friendly), to push things along and see what happens. I'm setting the DC at a slight disadvantage for the sake of potential character development.
If I roll 11 or lower, Gloomy comes out from under Posey's cloak to answer the mare. If not, he falls back on his training and stays hidden beneath Posey.

Vid semi-related to illustrate how trained Gloomy has been, and the behavior Posey would normally expect from him:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wnAwR303n-s

Based on the consequences of this, and what the mare does, I'll roleplay Posey's response.

Rolling
[1d20 = 3]
Anonymous
cde2d10
?
No.171079
171081 171088
1597901__safe_edit_edited+screencap_screencap_twilight+sparkle_alicorn_pony_g4_-fwslash-mlp-fwslash-_4chan_descriptive+noise_female_mare_open+mouth_reaction+ima.png
>>171078
Gloomy pokes his head out from under Posey's cloak and approaches the mare.
Posey is dumbstruck, he has never left her side without permission before (except the times he's been possessed). Her eyes glass over and she spaces out.
Anonymous
6d2fe74
?
No.171081
171088
>>171073
>>171075
>>171078
>>171079
Okay, so after the little NTR scene, is Posey able to finish signing the documents? Is there anything else important that she has to address?
Anonymous
71e2853
?
No.171083
2840156__safe_alternate+version_artist-colon-egil_earth+pony_pony_unicorn_equestria+at+war+mod_bone_butt_clothes_dutch+angle_fire_flag_force+field_gun_helmet_mi.png

Anonymous
f2e4233
?
No.171088
171089 171094
Okay, back from Harmony Con

>>171078
>I do want to get to the next quest
Feel free to suggest ideas or preferences

>>171078
>>171079
Debride bends her knees to lean down to the foal.
"It's alright, little feller. Just a tea spoon, you'll feel much better."
Then she extends a hoof, and ruffles his mane.
"You will."

Now, she looks up to Posey with a grin

"Why don't the two of you follow me?"

>>171081
Debride wants to go somewhere, but the paperwork is finished
Anonymous
c974bbb
?
No.171089
>>171088
Posey's resists the urge to bite Debride.

"I-It would be our pleasure..." she replies
"Come along now, Gloomy." Posey says, as she telekinetically yoinks the colt off his hoofs and holds him to her barrel, a quite closely.

>Feel free to suggest ideas or preferences
Perhaps the university has a job bulletin or field research opportunities related to haunts or undead problems in the area; like a mage's guild would normally have. It would make this interaction I'm roleplaying here much more meaningful, as Posey's cover job would then have legitimate work. "Investigate haunted mansion", "bring back sample from undead monster nest", "quell restless soldiers", "find new Necromancy spell hidden in tome", "investigate curse", etc.
Anonymous
c974bbb
?
No.171090
171091
I need to sleep now
Anonymous
bc1314a
?
No.171091
171092
IMG_6172.jpeg
>>171090
Anonymous
3a81ae0
?
No.171092
171093 171096
>>171091
I'm awake now.
Where does Diligent take Posey?
Anonymous
bc1314a
?
No.171093
171095
IMG_0586.png
>>171092
It’s going to be a long descriptive text. I’m at work right now
Anonymous
e702300
?
No.171094
171101
>>171088
>Feel free to suggest ideas or preferences
If I could get a mission from the League, I would be quite interested in that. Acquisition, assassination, reconnaissance, contact establishment, research, investigation, sabotage, weapons procurement, etc. Anything that contributes to the military/political goals of the League would be cool.
The last mission with the ELF was fine, but it also felt like Posey had no clear cut goal aside from finding some money and possibly making an ally, which is why she didn't have very much reason not to take August's offer, aside from her own pride.
Anonymous
497bd28
?
No.171095
171096
1565283588_preview_5b4.gif
>>171093
Anonymous
d67e201
?
No.171096
171097 171103 171108 171109
Spoilered
>>171095
>>171092
She nods, with a smile that doesn’t exactly imply good intentions. “Good, good. But first, a perfunctory matter. A student ID. Follow me.” Debride moves past Posey, out into the hall, turns her head back to Posey, nods and says “Come on” in a high voice, then proceeds to the right, in an opposite direction from whence Posey came. Mason appears to have left in the meantime, and it’s just Posey, Gloomy, and debride. Down the marble halls, the hall ends at a switch back staircase with a window behind that landing that views onto an adjacent brick building. They go down the stairs to a new marble hallway where Debride selects a door, which enters into another hallway, then into the open door of a small room where a green earth pony stallion with corrective lenses, presumably in his late twenties, is sitting at a desk. Devrode explains that they need an ID, and gives over a set of paperwork as well as Posey’s student ID. The green stallion has Posey pose for a photograph, not bothering to make her put down Gloomy, nor make sure that she’s looking at the camera when he takes the photo. Unless Posey is determined to give a seductive look, or other look of her choice, it’s not the best photo.

The most notable part of this is Debride entertaining herself by leaning down to Gloomy, asking him questions like what he likes to do, what kind of food he likes, or if he seems very young, speaking nonsense baby noises to him. She assures him that she can help him feel better, and attempts to pet him, or rub her nose against his.

When all of this is done, Posey is given a new ID card; green to go along with her yellow student visa. Debride now addresses Posey. “This ID will give you access to parts of the medical school that are not accessible to the public. You’ll need it for where we are going.”

They leave that room, back in the hall towards where they came from, and put a door near the stairs, to the brick building that was visible before. Going outside, the sky is overcast, there’s a minor breeze that is dampened significantly by the surrounding buildings, it’s ~40 F, and the sun is still out, albeit hanging very low in the sky. “A nicer day than in Magehold, isn’t it?” She says as she turns her head back towards Posey, though only after she sees nopony in earshot. It’s not many feet before they go up a minor set of outdoor concrete stairs to enter into the building. It must be four stories tall and rectangular, with red brick nearer the bottom and limestone higher up. It must be decorated from the street view, but that’s not how they are approaching it now. Going through the door, they enter into another hall with white tile floor and white walls - as opposed to shades of tan and beige not dissimilar from Debride’s own coat in the previous building. There are a few ponies here as in the previous building, though these are a bit older, and wearing white coats. The group doesn’t walk far before Debride stops at a white door with a black grate across its window, and opens the door with a key. This leads to simple wooden stairs, down into a basement where they is a secure door and a pony - a yellow unicorn who greets Debride by name - behind a grate, to whom Debride present her and Posey’s ID. “This is my new student, Rosey Ring, and her ward. Can you open the door so I may access 2A? For medical purposes.” The door unlocks, evidently magnetically, and Posey thanks and nods the stallion before going through, and picking up a key given through a slot next to the door. Beyond are rows of shelves with locked doors. Posey can see looking through that these mostly contain brown glasses, and she can tell this area is dark and temperature controlled. Down the second hall on the left, Debride stops, takes the key, and unlocks a black door to pull out a small glass vial with purple jelly inside. She turns back towards Posey with a malign grin.

“Do you know what this is, Posey?” She says, holding up the vial. “I bet you haven’t seen it before. This is the honey of a Changeling. Harmony magic in its purest form, condensed into a semi-solid gel. When consumed, it causes euphoria, cures depression - for a few hours, at least - can stimulate hunger, passion, and libido - and now here’s the important part - help rebuild the immune system and help the body heal itself. Gloomy only needs a little bit, but that small amount will go very far to rebuilding his strength.”
Anonymous
f71493f
?
No.171097
171098 171103
>>171096
>Unless Posey is determined to give a seductive look
I'm going to roll Initiative to see if Posey is quick enough to be photogenic in a pinch.
[1d20+9 = (3+9) = 12]

However....
Posey does have the DS "cast no shadow" undead weakness, like a vampire. Silver-based devices like mirrors and some photograph devices might not capture her image. It's up to your discretion if that applies here.
Anonymous
d67e201
?
No.171098
171099
IMG_3295.jpeg
>>171097
Posey is not quick enough to give the camera fuck-me-eyes (is that something Posey would do? I’m not sure), but she can at least avoid appearing like the nerdy girl in a teen drama.

The photography is monochromatic and uses a more or less standard Silver-halide based chemical reaction. If I were doing this from the beginning I would probably say that the photography would not catch Posey, but Posey has already been photographed for her first ID, and photography is basically a background detail in the world yet would cause actual serious problems for Posey if she didn’t show, so… let’s say she does show?
Anonymous
f71493f
?
No.171099
>>171098
>is that something Posey would do?
Yes. Posey is a tease.
>Posey has already been photographed for her first ID, and photography is basically a background detail in the world yet would cause actual serious problems for Posey if she didn’t show, so… let’s say she does show?
Aye... My mistake... I should have mentioned what amounts to a major roleplay debuff in a modern setting. That intro event would have ended differently.
Maybe it just worked because her face was so caked in makeup.
Anonymous
f71493f
?
No.171100
(something came up; I'll reply again in a bit)
Anonymous
d67e201
?
No.171101
171104
>>171094
Okay, but would you rather have a spoop based quest that involves ghosts and the like, or one that’s directly requested by the League?

>Posey had no clear cut goal aside from finding some money and possibly making an ally, which is why she didn't have very much reason not to take August's offer, aside from her own pride.
I’m not going to apologize for a quest having a goal that doesn’t necessarily require destroying the obstacle.
Anonymous
d67e201
?
No.171102
171164
>>171077
He turns his head, and narrows his eyes. “Katerinburg? We are told you got on in Kronburg, which is under the Grieffenhiem headquarters. Who told you to be here?”
Anonymous
f71493f
?
No.171103
171105 171107
>>171097
Assuming a shitstorm isn't triggered by the "vampire alert" situation...
(I did have a plan for this situation)
>>171096
>Debride entertaining herself by leaning down to Gloomy, asking him questions like what he likes to do, what kind of food he likes, or if he seems very young, speaking nonsense baby noises to him.
Posey grits her fangs in silence
>what he likes to do
Gloomy says he likes to weave flowers, draw, and listen to his mother's nursery rhymes.
>what kind of food he likes
Rose-flavored oatmeal.
>attempts to pet him, or rub her nose against his
At this, Posey lifts him just out of her reach with the glow of her horn.
"Ah, ah, ah... MY poor colt's immune system is very, very fragile. We wouldn't want to expose him to any pathogens."
This probably warrants a Bluff check, to conceal motive
[1d20+12 = (18+12) = 30]

>“This ID will give you access to parts of the medical school that are not accessible to the public. You’ll need it for where we are going.”
Posey stares at the card
"So... It's like an invitation?"

>“A nicer day than in Magehold, isn’t it?”
"I'm rather used to cold, dark, dry conditions, actually..." Posey replies, hiding her discomfort under the sun and wincing.
She puts on her hood and ushers Gloomy beneath her cloak.

>“Do you know what this is, Posey?”
Let's find out with an intelligence check:
[1d20+3 = (5+3) = 8]
>Gloomy only needs a little bit
Posey squints her eyes at this in suspicion.
Anonymous
f71493f
?
No.171104
>>171101
>would you rather
Either, really.
Spoop based quest could test her skills as a Necromancer, which are at this point more suited for fighting undead than she is for creating them.
It would be interesting for the league to give Posey a mission though, since it would mean that she's contributing to her overall goal.
>not going to apologize
You don't have to, lol.
Anonymous
d67e201
?
No.171105
171106
>>171103
>(I did have a plan for this situation)
I actually want to hear that although if this is the standard, it still should have applied when posey was surrounded by stallions with submachine guns at the immigration facility.

>to the immune system thing
Looking over to Posey, she makes a wide grin and says “Oh, we’re going to fix that.” And looking to gloomy “Yes we are! Yes we are! Aren’t you so precious!” And tries to grab his cheeks.

>invitation
“Well… I wouldn’t quite say that. For the controlled substances, you still need a reason, and to get past Sunny Day.”

Posey does not know what the substance is, but surely it’s safe for Gloomy to eat. It’s only behind three locked doors.
Anonymous
f71493f
?
No.171106
171110
>>171105
Truth is I completely forgot at the intro, and did not have a plan. I dropped the ball there.
In this case Posey would have blinded the photographer with a spell while insisting that something went wrong with the camera, then offered to give one of the fabricated portraits of herself that Posey carries as a profile pic.
>but surely it’s safe for Gloomy to eat. It’s only behind three locked doors.
Posey, having been flower slave of the Coven as a filly, is no stranger to the kinds of psychoactive drugs and potions given to slaves to keep them alive and/or dependent on their masters. She narrows her eyes and pauses for a moment.
"...."
Anonymous
f71493f
?
No.171107
171108 171109 171110
>>171103
"... Why are you doing this?" Posey inquires, her voice faint
A magical shimmer glows beneath her cloak, implying Gloomy is touched beneath her, either held in place or simply being petted, or both.
Anonymous
f71493f
?
No.171108
>>171107
Meant for >>171096
Anonymous
bb49236
?
No.171109
171110
>>171096
>>171107
How does Diligent respond?
Anonymous
0e9ef8f
?
No.171110
171111
>>171106
>>171107
>>171109
"Because it will help him." She says, briefly, and after a pause, says, "I swore an oath to help and do no harm, after all" She has a smile that almost seems mischievous. She continues. "You know that living ponies have needs, and Gloomy is indeed a living, breathing pony. Physical needs. Needs such as a temperature within a certain range; food that provides the necessary calories, essential vitamins and nutrients; water; shelter from the elements and physical harm. But never forget that he, like all living ponies, has social needs. Spiritual needs. Ponies, and especially colts need to socialize and make friends with foals of their age. They need role models, parents, and aunts. They need affection. They need love. And they need it in a very physical way. Harmony magic is created off of such interactions, and that magic forms most of the life force of a pony. Without it, a pony is weak and unable to hold off even physical ailments like infection. With it, a pony is both resilient and powerful. Poor little colt..." looking down to him "he must have been so starved from his time in the League... In the long term - I'm talking weeks - he will need a change of environment. But in the short term - here and now - his health can be bolstered by a direct consumption of harmony magic."

She holds the vial of the purple-pink gel a little higher. "And that is what I have here in my aura. The condensed harmony magic of likely several ponies. A half dose will do. It will go far to restoring his strength. Anything more will just make him a little too happy."
Anonymous
bb49236
?
No.171111
171112
>>171110
"We've known each other for less than one hour, and you're already offering me what amounts to a highly restricted potion... Pardon me if I'm surprised." Posey says, with a flat tone
She telekinetically reaches out towards the vial and peers as it, gently rotating it to discern the viscosity of the fluid
"It appears to be not unlike Ambrosia, which is a rare import in Magehold, given to living thralls for a variety of purposes, particularly for the blood banks..."
Her expression sours momentarily, as if remembering something particularly nasty (and not in a good way)
"It appears as though the changelings have figured out a way to produce something similar. It appears they've grown rather innovative."
>his health can be bolstered by a direct consumption of harmony magic
Posey levitates the vial back to Diligent.
"It appears that you've misunderstood my intentions for bringing Gloomy here... I didn't bring him here to be 'cured', I brought him here to showcase his development, and mentor him in the arts. Gloomy is my project, my precious, and he's perfectly healthy, as far as I'm concerned. He's grown strong and hardy in the time I've reared him: strong enough to carry the weight of death on his back. He's learning to conquer the powers in his blood and and channel forces that even I wouldn't dare conjure. Putting something like that in his body would threaten to undo all of the progress he's made."

At this point, Gloomy pokes his head out from beneath her cloak, and Posey levitates him, holding his cheek to hers.

"The Coven didn't see any value in Gloomy, and neither did my master, but if they had he wouldn't be mine today, so I wouldn't want it any other way."
Anonymous
0e9ef8f
?
No.171112
171113
>>171111
"I see value in Gloomy. I may be a professor here, but I am still a doctor. It is my job to reduce suffering by administering medicine when I am able. You have said yourself that he is not perfectly healthy, and have given me an extensive list of treatments he must undergo. I agree with many of them, such as use of negative energies to treat growths. But there are things the Dread League do not understand or appreciate. They would not have sent you here if they thought that you, or they, knew everything they needed to know. Please, trust me on this.

This is not made as a drug. This is, for lack of a better term, honey, produced within a special organ of a changeling worker from love sucked out of a living creature, and regurgitated to feed changeling drones and nymphs, who by nature lack the ability to produce harmony magic themselves. It is not easy for a pony to obtain."

Debride looks at Gloomy
"It will help him. Poor little colt. He's so precious."
She reaches out a hoof to pet him.
Anonymous
bb49236
?
No.171113
171114
>>171112
Posey appears unconvinced, but gives a shrug. She looks at Gloomy, the colt silently staring back with a curious expression as he's floated in mid air, paddling his hoofsies like a dog suspended over water.
"Very well then. I'll consider this treatment option, and administer the doses as I see fit."
Anonymous
0e9ef8f
?
No.171114
171115
>>171113
Debride sits down, takes her forehooves, and tries to bat them against Gloomy's in a kind of patty cake.

"Ha ha! You've been here a few hours, and you think you're qualified to judge doses of drugs you've only just now seen? Do they practice your training the same way in Magehold. No no. They won't let us leave with the whole vial anyways. It's too rare, and they fear it will be resold or used to get high. One half teaspoon is... maybe not enough, but enough, I think, to show effects. Then maybe more over the next few days,"
Anonymous
bb49236
?
No.171115
171116
>>171114
"Oh well, let's get on with it then..."
Anonymous
0e9ef8f
?
No.171116
171117
>>171115
Debride smiles and stands up, walking past Posey and batting at Gloomy's hoof again as she passes. She goes near the entrance, and obtains a spoon, before coming back.

"We can do it right here"

"Open your mouth, little fella. Ms. Debride has some medicine for you. It's not going to taste good, but you'll feel better."

Debride turns to Posey, and in a low voice asks "Does it need to be in ice cream or diluted for him to accept it? It's incredibly sweet, disgustingly so."
Anonymous
bb49236
?
No.171117
171118 171119
>>171116
>right here
"Right here? Okay then" Posey says, with a bit of a quizzical look
>It's incredibly sweet, disgustingly so
Posey gives a gigglesnort
"It can't possibly be worse than blood sugar supplements they crammed down our throats in the Coven's slave pens. I have a preferred method though. Give me the spoon. Gloomy, it's medicine time."
Anonymous
0e9ef8f
?
No.171118
171119
>>171117
Debride shrugs sitting down, placing both forehooves into the air.
"It was easier to get a spoon down here than to return the vial"

Debride looks over to Posey, then Gloomy, the back to Posey. She takes the top off of the vial, inserts the spoon, and trims extra honey off the top so that it is level with the rim of the spoon. Debride offers the spoon

"Here you go."
Anonymous
bb49236
?
No.171119
171120 171121
I will take this opportunity to state clearly once again that Posey's character is not intended to be a reflection of my personal beliefs, tastes or values.
>>171117
Gloomy looks at Posey in confusion, then to Diligent, then to Posey again. He seems caught off guard.
"... Yes, momma."
>>171118
Posey takes the spoon, and closes her eyes momentarily, flaring her nostrils as if in deep concentration.

She then, to Debride's horror, places the contraband substance right in her own mouth, smearing it all over her tongue.
She then swiftly levitates Gloomy's face to hers, and kisses him, deeply.
Anonymous
bb49236
?
No.171120
171121
>>171119
I will note the nasty expression that Posey briefly makes when the stuff touches her tongue. It's not blood.
Anonymous
0e9ef8f
?
No.171121
171122 171128
>>171119
>>171120
Debride looks on in horror.

The substance be seen beginning to sublimate as it sits in the spoon, with purple vapors slowly rising. It smells like roses. It tastes almost like rotten fruit, with a sweetness to it far beyond sugar.

When it reaches Gloomy’s tounge, he feels a tingle, then an electric charge of pure euphoric happiness, slowly permeating his body.

Posey’s experience is… well we’ll figure out how much damage she has to roll.

A major part of the question is how much remains in Posey’s mouth or is absorbed by her, versus how much goes into Gloomy. Gloomy of course needs more, while I very seriously doubt that good-aligned magic is good for the undead.
Anonymous
bb49236
?
No.171122
171123
>>171121
>how much remains in Posey’s mouth or is absorbed by her
Posey's vampiric nature makes it difficult for her to swallow anything that isn't blood. It goes into Gloomy.
Anonymous
0e9ef8f
?
No.171123
171125
IMG_3415.jpeg
Finally got an image to attach

>>171122
Gloomy will surely giggle with glee, while Posey will recoil
Anonymous
0e9ef8f
?
No.171124
171125
IMG_0388.jpeg
Live Debride reaction
Anonymous
bb49236
?
No.171125
171126
>>171123
>>171124
Posey keeps kissing him for over 30 seconds, with her eyes shut, before she pops them open and makes aggressive eye contact with Ms. Debride, then she closes them again and keeps kissing for a another minute, even more deeply, like a scene from a French movie.
Gloomy acts like this is completely normal.

"... ~Aaaah... Th-That wasn't too bad, was it sweetie?" Posey says softly, cupping Gloomy's cheeks with her aura.
The tip of her tongue seems to sizzle a bit as the hole in it heals, her impure flesh burned by the substance (I assume).
Anonymous
0e9ef8f
?
No.171126
171127
IMG_6268.png
>>171125
And I thought Debride was being creepy…
Debride does not intervene.

I lack the reaction images for this scenario, and Debride lacks the proper facial expressions.
Anonymous
bb49236
?
No.171127
171129
>>171126
>I thought Debride was being creepy…
She was, which is why Posey is asserting dominance for touching her most precious thing. Nopony out-creeps the Dread Necromancer.

Posey pulls a way with a toss of her mane with a scarlet halo of magic.

Gonna Roll intimidate with a +2 Circumstance Bonus (also finally remembering the bonus from the Tattoo'd mystic astrological background)
[1d20+15 = (2+15) = 17]

Posey gives a polite bow
"You have my thanks, Ms. Debride. You've been very kind to us today. Gloomy and I will be looking forward to studying with you. I believe we have much to teach eachother." She says, with a deceptively warm smile
Anonymous
bb49236
?
No.171128
171129
>>171121
>It smells like roses.
Oh, Gloomy's favorite food.
Anonymous
0e9ef8f
?
No.171129
IMG_0959.png
>>171127
> Posey is asserting dominance
Okay, that’s what I figured.

>2 on an intimidation roll
I think the French kissing a… 8 year old? Is enough to keep Debride away

>>171128
“… Right…”
Anonymous
bb49236
?
No.171130
171131
If the substance works as intended, Gloomy would begin running around, like with a sugar high.

Btw, is there a fortitude saves to avoid addiction? Or is it not habit forming?
Anonymous
0e9ef8f
?
No.171131
171132 171135
>>171130
It’s a single half-dose, I don’t think addiction is likely to be an issue. Unless Gloomy starts asking gif it all the time.

As Gloomy runs along, Debride says “Alright, come along. You can’t really run around in here. But I know where you can.”
Anonymous
bb49236
?
No.171132
171135
>>171131
Gloomy is a well-trained colt, and does as he's told
Posey follows
Anonymous
84b082e
?
No.171134
8wbkoykfxsr11.jpg
Between now and the next quest, I would like for Posey to take a couple weeks of downtime (unless quest opportunities arrive earlier).
For no particular reason, just settling in to the university to blend in as an upstanding citizen. Posey has all the time on the world so long as the Dread League doesn't require her to mobilize, so she can lay low and take things slow. I'll have her roll her profession skill to earn lifestyle expenses (feeding Gloomy) and do some research rolls.

If spell research is an option, I would like Posey to spend her time at the university researching the spells that the university uses in its medicine, and possibly add them to Posey's Dread Necromancer spell list so that she is able to perform such tasks and thereby blend in as a "respectable" Necromancer more easily.
Of course I don't expect mechanics to be written for largely inconsequential effects, although Diligent's description of medical Necromancy reminded me of a couple 0 level cantrips:
Necrosurgery
>Necromancy [Death]
>Grants +2 bonus to resist disease by dealing 1d4 damage.
>Range: Touch
Preserve Organ
>Necromancy
>Protects one detached organ from decay for 24 hours.
>Range: Touch
Both 0 level Necromancy spells that are useful in medicine. Dread Necromancers do not have lvl 0 spells, so if Posey were to research them they would have to be lvl 1 spells for her (like detect magic is).
Anonymous
db5f888
?
No.171135
171136 171137 171146
>>171131
>>171132
Debride walks the ponies out of the basement, back upstairs, back outside into a day that is still cloudy, but brighter with the movement of a cloud to expose the sun, and onto the sidewalk. They walk a couple blocks past large buildings with blue roofs that Posey can discern must be a part of the campus, and past red brick buildings with white first floors that are presumably residential apartments. Ponies cross the street, disregarding designated crosswalks, in either direction. She looks back, happily to Gloomy, and sometimes with a concerned look towards Posey. She turns to the left, to a small park with a child's play area. This includes a swing, a green-painted roundabout, and a stairs and slide styled as a castle turret. There is a Pegasus foal on the roundabout, a unicorn being pushed on one of the swings, and an earth pony in its natural environment the sand.

"Here we are. A playground."
Anonymous
7fd8b5e
?
No.171136
171137
>>171135
Posey squints at this (it's a sight she's never seen before, growing up in the slave pens of the coven)
Common knowledge check
[1d20+3 = (2+3) = 5]
Anonymous
7fd8b5e
?
No.171137
171138
>>171136
>>171135
Posey once again fails a check she could've taken 10 on.

"... What.. what is this? A training regimen for foals? I hadn't expected such a thing here in Equestria."
Gloomy seems interested, Posey seems concerned and confused
Anonymous
db5f888
?
No.171138
171140
>>171137
Debride chuckles.
"Of a sort, you could say it is. C'mon little pony, you wanna have fun?"

Debride picks up Gloomy, and places him on a swing
Is a grapple check necessary here?
Anonymous
2f7c5b2
?
No.171140
171141
>>171138
A grapple isn't necessary, although halfway through Posey floats Gloomy with her aura to levitate him into the swing.
"Careful. He bruises easily." She says with caution
Posey makes a peculiar expression, nervous and confused as if it only just suddenly hit her like a pile of bricks how little she actually knows about mundane aspects of this land.
>you wanna have fun?
Gloomy gives a start at this suggestion, but as Posey strokes his mane with her aura and gives a worldless gesture of reassurance, he perks up.
Anonymous
db5f888
?
No.171141
171142
>>171140
“Alright now, let me just give you a push, and…”
Debride pushes Gloomy on the swing, swinging him a relatively short distance
Anonymous
2f7c5b2
?
No.171142
171143
>>171141
Posey looks on cautiously.
Gloomy is swung.
He swings back.
And he swings fourth.
"... Again."
Anonymous
db5f888
?
No.171143
171144
>>171142
Debride sits behind Gloomy, slightly off to the left, in case Gloomy swings back too far. “And forward, and forward…” Debride pushes Gloomy forward, then again and again, smiling as she does so.
Anonymous
2f7c5b2
?
No.171144
171145
>>171143
Posey watches, her eyes moving with the swing
Anonymous
db5f888
?
No.171145
171146
>>171144
Debride lets Gloomy stabilize, and moves over to in front of him. She sits upright, and demonstrates with her forehooves, extending them out or letting them fall limp as necessary
"Now, try to move your hindlegs out, like so, when you are at the top, about to go down, and then in, like this, when you are forward at the maximum extent."

It's perhaps not the best demonstration, but as the unicorn foal is occupying the other swing, it's the best she can do in the moment. Debride has an overly wide smile. "Wanna try?"
Anonymous
2f7c5b2
?
No.171146
171147 171148
>>171135
"... What's the security situation like around here?"
>>171145
>"Wanna try?"
"I don't see why... Or why not." Posey replies, approaching the swing.
Gonna roll a Dexterity check to see how well she swings
[1d20+5 = (1+5) = 6]
Anonymous
2f7c5b2
?
No.171147
6047a04e1f8d0ea733b98a8efac840fe.gif
>>171146
Anonymous
db5f888
?
No.171148
171149
>>171146
"Oh, it's safe."

Posey trips and faceplants into the sand. Debride chuckles.
"No no. Gloomy, you try."
Anonymous
2f7c5b2
?
No.171149
171150 171152
>>171148
(I thought Gloomy was already trying)
"Be careful, sweetie..." Posey say
Gonna roll a check for Gloomy, with a +2 bonus for having two examples
[1d20+4 = (2+4) = 6]
Anonymous
2f7c5b2
?
No.171150
171151
>>171149
Posey is quick to catch Gloomy with her aura of he falls
Anonymous
2f7c5b2
?
No.171151
>>171150
*if
Anonymous
db5f888
?
No.171152
171153
>>171149
Unlike Posey, Gloomy got a 2 and not a 1.

Debride frowns.
"Well... You're learning."
Debride goes back to pushing Gloomy with her forehooves, sitting upright. She smiles and pushes him.

A grey unicorn mare with a short cut black mane must be the mother or caregiver of the other foal, and she has come closer to her child, intermittently staring at Posey, Gloomy, and Debride
Anonymous
2f7c5b2
?
No.171153
171154
>>171152
Posey eyes the mare cautiously, but realizes that she's been overly paranoid today
"Good afternoon, ma'am." Posey says, kindly
Anonymous
db5f888
?
No.171154
171155
>>171153
"Good afternoon..." She replies, also seeming cautious.

"I haven't seen you here before." She says

Debride is still happily swinging Gloomy
Anonymous
2f7c5b2
?
No.171155
171156
>>171154
"Oh, I'm a new researcher here. Just taking a moment to see how family friendly this campus is."
Anonymous
db5f888
?
No.171156
171157 171158 171159
>>171155
She takes a moment, but then responds
"It's friendly enough, I would say. They are tolerant of motherly needs, and the party scene is not as strong in the graduate school... Which program are you in?"
Anonymous
2f7c5b2
?
No.171157
>>171156
"Security, concerning the arcane."
Anonymous
2f7c5b2
?
No.171158
>>171156
"What are you here for, may I ask?"
Anonymous
3b0120c
?
No.171159
171160
>>171156
(What's the name of Posey's actual program?)
Anonymous
db5f888
?
No.171160
171161 171163
>>171159
Posey is in the college of Arcane Arts.

“I’m in the Masters Program for Ponish and Equestrian literature.” She answers

“Security? Such as against Changelings? Burglars?”
Anonymous
a0056c4
?
No.171161
171162
>>171160
"Well, I do have some military background, but my specialty is more focused on.. the macabre. I'm a Necrologist. I study curses, haunts, ghosts, ghoulish things. There's always work for those if my field where there's war." Posey replies, in a bit more of a hushed tone (to avoid the children hearing)
Anonymous
dcff304
?
No.171162
171163
>>171161
She moves back into a more reserved stance. I see..." After a pause, "You were in the military?"
Anonymous
49c61f1
?
No.171163
171166
>>171162
"Well, more of a cleanup manager... Magical battlefields are rather hazardous, even after the battle has long passed, as the soldiers themselves need help passing. Dying curses, swordwraiths, haunts; anything is possible when magic turns violent. I'm from northern griffonia, although Equestrian by blood. I came here to find work in the aftermath of the war, and study Equestrian magic."
She wipes her brow, trying to look away from the sun even in the overcast
"... I'm still getting used to the weather here."
>>171160
"Masters in Literature, you say? That's quite the prestigious profession. (She thinks all Lit majors are archwizards) Poetry is a hobby of mine, although, with the demands of the wars and whatnot, I never really got a chance to study it in earnest."
Amber Sunset
e5d580b
?
No.171164
171166
>>171102
Amber tilts her head. "Did the station manager not update the schedule like he said he would? I was called this morning to fill in for the conductor from Kronburg, who was not feeling well. I was not their first choice, as I am formally retired, but the other they tried to reach hadn't answered." Amber sighs. "I am sorry for the mix-up, officer. I do not envy the staff in the offices, as they have to deal with gargantuan amounts of paperwork with budget cuts and recent staff layoffs, but this level of incompetence is beneath them. I've suggested a way of simplifying scheduling and staff assignment, but they brushed me off, for, you see, they said the bureaucracy at headquarters would never allow it...."
Anonymous
2a313f3
?
No.171166
171167 171168
>>171163
The pony takes a half step back, and leans on her legs ever so slightly further away. Momentarily her ears go down, and her eyes widen. She raises her left foreleg and crosses it against her chest. She pauses for a moment before saying,

"Equestrian blood, you say? And where are you from, exactly? My plan... at least originally, was that I would go teach ponish and ponish literature in Griffonia, once I had my masters.

>>171164
The griffin pauses, leans back, and opens his beak halfway, a state it remains in for quite some time. He looks over to the griffin to his side, then back to Amber, then back to the griffin to his side.

"Uhhh... What was the name of the station manager who called you?"

He whispers to the griffin next to him, asking "Did they fail to note the change in the paperwork?" and "When did shift change occur?"
Anonymous
637f33b
?
No.171167
171169 171171
>>171166
Okay, just out of character
>Equestrian blood
I was under the impression that most ponies in most places felt kinship with Equestrians, because it was sort of a cultural huh for ponies. I guess some of the lore in EaW contradicts that though; then again, international lore consistency isn't EaW's strongsuit.
>And where are you from, exactly?
Hahaha... I take it Posey's master's had a plan for her false backstory? That might've slipped my mind.
If there wasn't a pre established one, I'll go with this:

In character:

"Oh, I'm from Farbrook. Our society isn't that unlike Equestria, although a lot more high-strung because we do have to deal with the threat of war from all sides... I say Equestrian by blood because my ancestors moved there centuries ago."

Out of character:
The last part is not a lie. Posey's living ancestors would have been from Farbrook, since it's the nearest peaceful pony society for the vampires of the Coven to abduct and prey on.

In character:
"There's a lot of Equestrian traditionalists in Farbrook. You wouldn't be pressed hard to find demand for Ponish literature there. It depends how the wars go though..."
Amber Sunset
e5d580b
?
No.171168
171169
>>171166
Amber gives a grumpy look. "I had been retired for three years, was put back on call recently, then I got an urgent call this morning to get dressed and get on the train immediately. There are multiple managers for the station since they work in shifts from the early morning to the late evening, and there have been a couple of new ones since I retired. I didn't ask for the honorifics of this particular manager, no."

Also I just realized that Amber didn't get on at Katerinburg but at the other town across the river. Darn me and my lack of note-taking since the barn!
Anonymous
2a313f3
?
No.171169
171170 171173
>>171168
The griffin is confused

Hmmm... Maybe roll diplomacy

>>171167
>international lore consistency isn't EaW's strongsuit
scrunch

"I wanted to go to Aquelia. That will be rather difficult now... But I will finish up my masters either way first."
Amber Sunset
e5d580b
?
No.171170
171171
>>171169
[1d20+4 = (17+4) = 21]
Anonymous
2a313f3
?
No.171171
171172
>>171167
>>171170
The griffin sighs and turns around. "Call back to the Kronburg station. Find out precisely who was put on this morning."

"Verhoven was not sick and did not call off. He was not supposed to be relieved at Kronburg" the other griffin, charcoal in feathers, replies

"That doesn't mean there wasn't a mix up with Hofstadler called to the wrong station or time." He answers. He turns to Amber. "Come inside. We will sort out this mess. And the same with the 'bandits'."

He turns away to go back into the station.
Amber Sunset
e5d580b
?
No.171172
171175
>>171171
Amber takes a deep breath. "I will help clear things up. My subordinates, though, have had a very long day and have had to sort out many issues, calming down rowdy passengers and catching stowaways for you just being two of them. I've seen Hellheim before but I do think they've earned a reprieve and ought to see the city while the afternoon's still young," she insists.
Anonymous
4070929
?
No.171173
171175
>>171169
"I might be here for some time... I'm hoping the program here is accommodating for my research. The mages in Farbrook were quite hyped about the magic in Equestria. The war to the northwest may turn grim in the coming decade, and they're all quite interested in Equestrian magic's defense against the dark arts. I came here to study that, in part."
Anonymous
4070929
?
No.171174
171175
DM, how much downtime are you okay with Posey taking? Posey could go about her days pretending to be a researcher for more than a decade if no quests come up.
Anonymous
2a313f3
?
No.171175
171176 171196
>>171174
Not ten years

>>171173
She tilts her head
"War to the Northwest?" She asks

>>171172
The leader asks the charcoal griffin, "And what did Kronburg say of the Porters?"

The charcoal griffin replies,
"A porter stated he was replaced alongside the conductor. No others reported."

The leader replies, "Either way, we will need them as witnesses to this 'robbery'." And then he addresses Amber
"They cannot go far, we will need them."
Anonymous
19733c6
?
No.171176
171179
>>171175
"And to the southwest, and south, and increasingly the east..." Posey replies, whispering quietly
"It's something I'd rather not discuss around the foals." She continues, gesturing to Gloomy who is being initiated in the dark art of the playground swing.
Rollin for mastery
[1d20 = 14]

Posey then changes the subject
"But enough about me. What sort of literature have you been studying? I'm partial to romance, tragedy and nursery rhymes."

What about 5 years?
JK... Unless...?
Anonymous
61e7753
?
No.171177
171179
Is there anything or anyone else that Posey has to do or meet at this university?
Anonymous
2a313f3
?
No.171179
171180
>>171176
A few feet away, Gloomy has figured out how to propel himself, at least somewhat, by moving his legs back and forward. Not well, but at least he hasn’t fallen off yet. Aunty Debride giggles, “hehehe” and claps her hooves together.

The mare replies,
“Well, my master’s thesis is on the linguistic shift in the Northeast of Equestria, as seen in the transitional language used in ‘Tournskinn’s Tale’. Well, it’s more about how literature helped in the linguistic shift, but that is the gist of it.”

>>171177
Need to? Not really. Can she? Of course
Anonymous
0d78f49
?
No.171180
171181
>>171179
"Fascinating."
>Can she?
If possible, I would like to gloss over any more inconsequential RP for now if it can be represented as a skill check. Not that this isn't fun, but because I've been in this Uni arc for several weeks now, and I'm hoping to make the fight a dragon in a dungeon later.
Posey would proceed to fill out any other paperwork she needs to do for her cover occupation and research applications she'd need to roll the profession skill in downtime or be given research assignments. After that's handled, she'd take Gloomy and leave, since staying out in public for too long risks exposure of her mission.
Anonymous
e8a7df5
?
No.171181
171182 171185 171199
beautiful-landscape-of-a-mysterious-island-wrapped-in-fog-mist-in-the-middle-of-the-oceac-4k-video_shrslkldl_thumbnail-1080_01.png
>>171180
Well, I'm on vacation, hence part of why things are not fast at all now

I should probably mention a quest I've long had planned. It's intended for the Silver character, but pretty much every quest is better with more players.

The gist of the quest line is this: basically, New Mareland Military Intelligence tasked the New Mareland Navy to follow a freighter that was heading from Northern Griffonia (Everfrost or Skynavia) to Stalliongrad. So the Navy had an Airship follow it. The Airship followed the freighter, but crashed on an island off the coast of Nova Griffonia claimed by multiple nations. The Navy wants its airmen back, but doesn't want to openly send marines into disputed territory, thus it hires out the job.

I'm not sure that the face of it appeals much to Posey as the objective is literally to save lives and its mostly a cash reward, but it's a big thing
Anonymous
8de60d5
?
No.171182
171183
>>171181
>it's a big thing
So long as I can kill things, level up, and fund my army, it's good.
>I'm not sure that the face of it appeals much to Posey as the objective
Infiltrating New Mareland's Intelligence division is part of Posey's mission. Doing jobs for them gives her material that she can report back to the League.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a037c71
?
No.171183
>>171182
Plus having more people would make the mission more fun, I think.
Anonymous
1b73093
?
No.171184
How much downtime does Posey have to spend working for the university to get access to cadavers?
Anonymous
a542075
?
No.171185
>>171181
>The Navy wants its airmen back, but doesn't want to openly send marines into disputed territory, thus it hires out the job.
In case you're having trouble writing up why Posey would be involved in this quest, note that Posey as a Security Necrologist specializes in recovering bodies in dangerous situations, especially in the disputed no-man's-land of supernatural battlefields. If the Navy wants them back dead or alive, they might solicit Posey from the university.

This is Posey's actual military background: stealing the bodies of Arcturian paladins after a battle. Posey would change up the story to make it sound less-evil to the university.
Amber Sunset
e5d580b
?
No.171196
171198
>>171175
"Of course they won't go far," Amber reassures. "They want to see the downtown of Hellheim, in the middle of the city. I give you my word they'll stay in town."

Her companions may be surprised at this turn of events and Amber's nonchalance, though they can't really verbally express those thoughts at the time.
Anonymous
f2e4233
?
No.171197
IMG_2793.jpeg
Am back!

Replies soon(TM)
Anonymous
f2e4233
?
No.171198
171249
>>171196
The griffin stares at Amber

"Very well... Now I need to call and get this sorted out."

Amber's companions are certainly surprised, and would say something to her if they could. But they know better, and keep their beaks shut
Anonymous
4455b8c
?
No.171199
171201
>>171181
Is there anything I should read or do to prepare for this?
Anonymous
f2e4233
?
No.171201
171210 171243
>>171199
It may make sense for Posey to go on another, smaller quest before this, actually
Anonymous
4455b8c
?
No.171210
>>171201
What quest would that be?
As far as my plans go, I'll just have Posey take downtime and roll profession researching at the university until the quest hook arrives.
Anonymous
9052a11
?
No.171239
171241
36a08389a6efae9771e4d23f679d3c13.jpg
>A defacer arises when a spellcaster creates an undead being from the corpse of a doppelganger or other creature that assumes others' visages. Tortured by its inability to mimic others, a defacer steals the faces of those it kills and of the recently dead, trapping their souls by defiling their corpses.
Pretty good reason to go Changeling-hunting later in the game.
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171241
The only good bug.jpg
>>171239
You don't really need a reason to go Changeling hunting. What they are is reason enough.
Anonymous
7b18497
?
No.171243
171245
>>171201
So, what should I do to prep for the quest? Can we consider the uni quest(?) completed?
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171245
171247
>>171243
If you wanna give suggestions for things you want to do in the mini-quest, that would help
Anonymous
e7cedf6
?
No.171247
171251 171252
>>171245
>suggestions
1. Posey finds evidence of a hidden catacomb necropolis dungeon under the city and investigates it to plunder it's treasures and/or establish it as a contingency of corpse reserves when the league invades
2. Same thing, only somewhere in the swamp
3. University gives Posey an undead-killing job, such as removing a haunt or reposing a swordwraith. Alternatively, any other research assignment for the university to earn merits and pose as a "reputable" Necromancer
4. League contacts Posey and has her carry out an assassination, acquisition, or investigation
5. Something with zebras and voodoo
6. Some bounty bulletin posted by the state
7. Just roll the Urban encounter table as Posey is strolling around at night
https://www.realmshelps.net/adventuring/urban.shtml

8. Random, hostile monster appears
Amber Sunset
e5d580b
?
No.171249
171259
>>171198
Amber waves them off hurriedly, knowing how urgent it is that they get to the office before anything bad happens. As for Amber herself, she'll need to find an alternative option.
Anonymous
bd956db
?
No.171251
>>171247
This isn't in order of quality, btw. I would gladly be satisfied with simply rolling the urban encounter table, even multiple times a night.
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171252
171253
>>171247
>1. Posey finds evidence of a hidden catacomb necropolis dungeon under the city and investigates it to plunder it's treasures and/or establish it as a contingency of corpse reserves when the league invades
>2. Same thing, only somewhere in the swamp
Even though I've already done this, I can most certainly imagine doing it again

>4. League contacts Posey and has her carry out an assassination, acquisition, or investigation
Is another Paladin too boring?

>3. University gives Posey an undead-killing job, such as removing a haunt or reposing a swordwraith. Alternatively, any other research assignment for the university to earn merits and pose as a "reputable" Necromancer
There is an idea here it involves a swamp
Anonymous
e1c6c17
?
No.171253
171254
>>171252
>Is another Paladin too boring?
It would be serving an objective this time, so not really.
Given the nature of her background, I thought that Posey would be killing a lot of Paladins in her career. Maybe they could be mixed up with different builds to add some variance, such as pious templars, grayguards, or shadowbane inquisitors (which makes the best death knights). Could also face crusaders or priests.
Or just any kind of creature the league wants gone, such as rogue contacts, defectors, traitors, debtors, rival organizations or others.
>it involves a swamp
Nice way for Posey to face her phobia of water.
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171254
171255 171260 172170
>>171253
Okay, fuck it. I'll let you chose

1. "So you've become something of a Paladin slayer, have you? Well, so long as we are tying up lose ends... Baltimare is home to a community of Griffonian immigrants, and a community of immigrants from the Griffonian far north... a Paladin of the Arcturian Order is among them. Reasonably distinguished, and all too aware of our long-term plans. Kill him, before his warnings are heeded."

2. "So you wish to pacify the restless dead of old battlefields? Well, we're not exactly here to bring peace. And to that end, we need something that can surely be found in the battlefields of Equestria - a dual action shock absorber from a New Mareland 25 pounder - or else obtain it from the garrison. Either way..."
Anonymous
4fd0be0
?
No.171255
171260
>>171254
Caught me right before bed.
Posey hates (((griffons))), so I'll go with the first one.
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171259
171261
>>171249
"Alright" the griffin says, going through an open doorway, then to the left, and into a room with a phone. "Now, to sort this out."
Anonymous
f968449
?
No.171260
171262
>>171254
>>171255
How much time passes before Posey gets this message? I'd like to roll to see how much money Posey makes working at the university in that time.
Amber Sunset
e5d580b
?
No.171261
171267
>>171259
"Certainly," Amber replies. "I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Do you have to sort out these kinds of issues out frequently? I can imagine it gets draining after a while."
Anonymous
2af35db
?
No.171262
171265
>>171260
Does access to the university library give Posey any circumstance bonuses to relevant skills she might roll in her downtime, such as knowledge, perform, profession or craft?
Anonymous
2031aee
?
No.171263
171264 171265
Since I'm feeling bored, I'm going to roll to seduce Baka to see if he'll use some of his priestly magic to bless my craft check to earn an income maybe once a week or so.
>Variant Rule: Influencing Undead
>Victims may attempt to play upon the sympathy of certain intelligent undead, seeking leniency or freedom. If the would-be victim can verbally demonstrate some kinship with the undead assailant (recalling to the undead that it once breathed, was once also human, also had children at home, or demonstrating some other, more direct relationship), the victim gains a +4 circumstance bonus to influence the undead with a Diplomacy check.
Posey and Baka are both ex-thralls who got cucked out of becoming actual vampires, so I think we have some kinship.
Also Posey's personal preference in stallions is an inverse bellcurve when it comes to looks, handsome stallions and ugly bastards are her main strike zone. It's the result of being raised in a Necropolis.
Raised. Haha, get it?
Diplomacy
[1d20+10 = (1+10) = 11]
Anonymous
2031aee
?
No.171264
bx2teuz3fr681.jpg
>>171263
All of my shitpost rolls end in failure crit-failure...
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171265
171268
>>171263
Let this be a lesson about shitposting

>>171262
Probably
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171266
171268 171311
172764.png
One day Posey arrives back at the manor, and shortly there after is hoofed over a letter from Day Low Rain, who for reasons unknown seems to be in the position of checking the mail at Lament's manor house.

Posey is hoofed a telegram, received earlier in the day, and sent from the capital city of Farbrook. It contains the following freestyle poem, with emphasis added and not in the text:

From: Your benefactor
To: Rosey Ring

You have adjusted to your new home well.
Must you forget where you come from?
Eliminate any feelings of loneliness, dear Ring.
Luminous is the light of Arcturus that shines through its disciples and paladins.
Grandure belongs to those who reward the hospitality of their hosts with generosity in kind.
In due time, you shall meet with brethren of the field.
Baltimare is the destination of many from the North, after all.
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171267
171282
>>171261
He sits down at the table, and looks back at Amber with a somewhat annoyed expression.
"Not often. Not like this."

He picks up the phone, and starts moving the rotors.
"And yes. Yes it does."
Anonymous
2031aee
?
No.171268
171269 171270
>>171266
"This is the worst poem I've ever- oh, wait..." The mare named after a nursery rhyme says
"Well, it's off to work then."
That night, Posey asks Mason to drive her into the city so that she can gather some information. She takes her spell components pouch and a dagger, but leaves her armor, sword, bracers and longbow at home, preferring to travel lightly and avoid suspicion. The enters a local bar and decides to hit it off with strangers to gather some Intel, such as who this Luminous Grandure person is, and where they're frequently seen.
Rolling to Gather Information:
[1d20+4 = (14+4) = 18]
>>171265
I would like to roll Perform (freestyle poetry), to entertain patrons at the bar this evening as I gather information
[1d20+4 = (13+4) = 17]
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171269
171270
>>171268
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZPeXKVjAzs

>Information
No
No
No
Never heard of him
I think a Luminous Grandeur helped offload deliveries once?
No
Must be a Sunstriker or more northerly griffin name...
No
Anonymous
ad45144
?
No.171270
171271 171292
>>171269
Posey goes to the nearest phone booth (they exist in this period, right?) and opens the phonebook to look up his address (funny how people were okay with their addresses bring public domain back then).
>>171268
Rolling to see how many silvers Posey made with her freestyle poetry:
[1d10 = 5]
Anonymous
ad45144
?
No.171271
171292
>>171270
And in case he's not in the book, Posey looks at any other similar griffon names, in case he moved in with family.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KBSi-7t4cEE
Amber Sunset
e5d580b
?
No.171282
171291
>>171267
Amber wants to delay this issue as much as possible, mainly for the benefit of her friends.
"My condolences. I've personally noticed the quality of work at the Reichsbahn deteriorating lately, particularly since I retired in an official sense…overworked office staff, poor maintenance, struggling to meet schedules…you know how it is. It's worse in the Katerin Principality which is going through a bit of a trouble spot lately. You heard about those rebels near the border?"
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171291
171293
>>171282
Amber wishes to prevaricate and waste time with a grumpy, work oriented griffin of the crusader-state.

Roll Diplomacy to see who wins this battle of wills
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171292
171294
>>171270
>Posey getting shekels for bad poetry
glares

There is indeed a phonebook, but the name is not in it. (Or at least, there is no one of that name that context would not suggest is likely a unicorn or otherwise unrelated). Perhaps it is out of date.

>>171271
I was thinking of that
Posey actually sees two similar names. One in West Baltimare, one in the East.
Anonymous
e5d580b
?
No.171293
171296
>>171291
[1d20+4 = (11+4) = 15]
Anonymous
acecfa9
?
No.171294
171295
>>171292
>two similar names. One in West Baltimare, one in the East.
>On the opposite sides of the city
Posey gives a groan, but nonetheless gets to work.
>helped offload deliveries once?
Which side of the city would indicate this? Is there a port or an area where a lot of truck go by?
I guess this warrants a local knowledge check. It's untrained, so I should just take 10 for DC 10, but...
[1d20+3 = (18+3) = 21]
Dice go clickity-clack
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171295
171300
>>171294
There is indeed a port, with most of the eastern edge of the city on the harbor of Horseshoe Bay. There is also a significant amount of industry in the eastern section, and in the south. Commerical activity is most heavily concentrated in the center, but can be found everywhere.
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171296
171299
>>171293
He picks up the phone and stares at Amber
"It has indeed been poor the entire time I've worked here." He says stiffly. Then he adds "The rebels across the border to Longsword are a managed threat." He likely does not understand Amber's meaning
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171298
171308
>>171048
Silver moves into a hall with offices on either side, and past big black and white framed photos of shiny chrome aircraft, some in the air, some on the ground. Silver goes through a door threshold, and into a new section likewise flanked by offices. Here, there are paintings like a pony in a toga flanked by a bushel of wheat to the left, and crates to the right, as well as another painting of a freight ship in a harbor, with barrels in the foreground.

The hallway opens up, and now a giant, wooden desk with letters that announce itself as belonging to the Meadowbrook Republic Trade Authority. Behind it is an open door that leads into what Silver can guess is a break room, though there are cables hanging down from the roof. There are two hallways off to the right, and an office with glass windows between these two hallways to the right of the desk, and then one hallway off to the left, kind of in the center
Amber Sunset
e5d580b
?
No.171299
171301
>>171296
Amber slams a talon on the table.
"Pshaw! 'Managed' my tail! They attempted to raid a train of the Imperial Reichsbahn, a passenger train to boot! In the decades I've worked there I've never had to deal with such things, only rowdy passengers. They're growing bolder, I tell you, if they're going after such targets, and when this story breaks it'll hurt transit numbers for sure. I can only wonder why, though…perhaps there was somegriff they were looking to cubnap?"
Anonymous
a9c44d4
?
No.171300
171302
>>171295
I guess east is the best bet then.
Posey makes her way to the address in the east.
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171301
171347
>>171299
He lowers the phone, his eyes never breaking off of "Rudolf Hofstadter"

"What do you know?" He asks
Anonymous
c1168de
?
No.171302
171303
>>171300
Does Posey need to roll anything to make her way there?
Anonymous
e87da72
?
No.171303
171304
IMG_1060.jpeg
>>171302
I was delaying because it’ll be a lot of description

Yes. More dice for the dice gods!
Anonymous
c1168de
?
No.171304
171340 171348 171349
>>171303
Take as much time as you need then.
Gonna roll Gather Information, which replaces survival in urban settings, iirc.
[1d20+4 = (18+4) = 22]
Also, I would like to buy a net.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a037c71
?
No.171308
171312
>>171298
Silver gives hoof motions for two of the members of the squad to look in the hallways to the right of the desk, while he himself looks in the hallway to the left.
Anonymous
402a74c
?
No.171311
171314
>>171266
>Day Low Rain
I can't believe I forgot to ask this
"Good evening, Miss Rain. How is your sister doing?"
Wouldn't want to be rude
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171312
171313
>>171308
Looking down the central hall on the left, Silver can see that he's found the center of the building. It doesn't stretch far at all, but what he can see is that it ends at another parallel hall that marks the edge of a great atrium in the building.

From the ponies investigating the "near" hall on the right, that is to say, the one further south, and closer from teh direction Silver came, he hears at the moment only silence. But from the further away hall on the right, from the evident break room.

Spectral Streak
"Don't move!"
He calls out,
"We've got something"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a037c71
?
No.171313
171314
>>171312
Silver turns around and quickly makes his way back towards Spec to see what they found.
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171314
171316
>>171311
Glaring:
"Still dead"

>>171313
Looking inside, Silver can see a white room with cabinets on the left and the right. A light fixture hanging from the ceiling in the center-right has been removed and electrical lines hang from the ceiling. Below this light is a grey earth pony stallion, who stands uneasily with a Jenny rifle in a sort of "low ready" position. Off to the left, the light coming into the room is much lower, as its away from the door, but Silver can see a yellow unicorn, holding a shotgun in a yellow-green magical aura
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a037c71
?
No.171316
171317
>>171314
Judging from how shooting has started, and how the earth pony seems to be frightened, Silver's initial assumption is that these are in fact ponies and not changelings. Still, he can't let his guard down. He looks at these two ponies and addresses them.

"Listen, we are in crunch time right now. If you two are changelings you had better start your shooting now because we are going to defuse your bomb. If you two are *ponies*...we could really use your help."
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171317
171318
>>171316
Roll Initiave
a037c71
?
No.171318
171319 171320
[1d20+4 = (17+4) = 21]
>>171317
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171319
>>171318
[1d20+2 = (13+2) = 15]

[1d20+1 = (18+1) = 19]
[1d20 = 1]
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171320
171321
>>171318
The pony nearest Silver yells,
"Hail Ocellus"
And levels his Jenny at Silver

Silver goes first
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a037c71
?
No.171321
171322 171323 171325
>>171320
[1d20 = 1]
[1d20 = 2]
[1d20 = 18]
[1d20 = 1]
[1d20 = 2]
[1d20 = 20]
[1d20 = 16]
[1d20 = 19]
[1d20 = 6]
[1d20 = 11]
Not dropping his guard pays off. Without having to level his weapon like the changeling, he's able to beat him to the trigger and empty a full half of his mag.

BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANG
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a037c71
?
No.171322
171323
>>171321
Just gonna check that 20 real quick
[1d20 = 19]
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171323
171324 171325
>>171321
>>171322
Hopefully nopony was in the room behind that changeling
[10d7 = 38]
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a037c71
?
No.171324
171325 171327 171330
>>171323
If they were, they died in the pursuit of ponykind's freedom from the tyranny of the bugs
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171325
171326
>>171323
>>171321
Silver can see the creature raise it's weapon towards Silver with a combination of fear and malice. He can vaguely see the reflection in the eyes. Then a shot to the upper chest, a shot to the creature's neck, a burst of green light as the grey fur is replaced with charcoal chittin and a light green carapace along it's back, a gagging sound, and then two more shots to its torso, and a contorted expression of horror on its face before its lifeless corpse hits the floor.

Spectral Streak shoots the second creature in rapid succession
[1d20+8 = (10+8) = 18]
[1d20+8 = (9+8) = 17]
[1d20+8 = (14+8) = 22]
[1d20+8 = (6+8) = 14]

>>171324
Sacrifice is necessary on the path to a bug-free future.
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171326
171327
>>171325
[8d7 = 24]
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171327
171329
>>171324
>>171326
This creature had an expression closer to simple fear as it is shot once, twice, three, four times, likewise "popping" it's pony facade before hitting the ground. The shotgun can be seen to be jammed with an improper feed as it hits the ground, which is perhaps why the drone was so afraid.
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171328
171329 171330
[1d20+3 = (15+3) = 18]
[1d20+3 = (16+3) = 19]
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a037c71
?
No.171329
>>171327
Silver almost pities the poor creatures. Maybe in another universe they didn't have to be enemies. Sadly however they are enemies in this one, and if Silver doesn't want him and everypony he cares about to die, they had to die. He turns to look at Spec.

"It would be weird to station guards in random break room. They were protecting something."

>>171328
visible concern
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171330
171331
>>171324
>>171328
From outside of the room in the right hallway

BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a037c71
?
No.171331
171332
>>171330
Oh no. Can Silver see anything about what's going on without sticking his head out?
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171332
171333
>>171331
Silver can try to get an angle looking through the open doorway
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a037c71
?
No.171333
171334
>>171332
If it means Silver doesn't risk getting shot through the eye and into the brain, then he's gonna try to get an angle.
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171334
171335
>>171333
Silver can see, in essence, that someone is shooting from what is now Silver's left (The far right when originally approaching). He can see that they are shooting at a pair of Silver's group, more precisely the purple pegasus pony and the orange pony. They seem to have succeeded in taking cover, though Silver cannot be sure.

Judging by the sound, the enemy is shooting with a Strange Automatic Rifle, and its loud sound reverberates through the narrow corridors.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a037c71
?
No.171335
171336
>>171334
Is there anything on the bodies of the two changelings in the room that could help with dealing with this third changeling?
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171336
171337
>>171335
Besides the weapons and ammunition they carried, only a few tools like pliers, a lighter, a screw driver, a wire stripper, some kind of clicker, a and a little mirror. Silver thinks he's found a battery to a radio, but no radio.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a037c71
?
No.171337
171338
>>171336
Hmm...okay. Can Silver manage to see where the third changeling is shooting from?
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171338
171339
>>171337
Probably yes.

Whether he can do so without getting shot is an entirely different question.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a037c71
?
No.171339
171357
>>171338
Perhaps Silver can pull the same trick he did just a little bit ago. Lining up against the doorframe, Silver peaks as he begins laying down covering fire in the direction of the third changeling.

BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGclick

When his magazine runs empty, he retreats back into the room to reload.
Anonymous
71a57b8
?
No.171340
171349
>>171304
Does Posey's check succeed to find the place?
I do need to have all my spells and ability mods ready ahead of time, so I just want to have an idea of what she's trotting into.
Amber Sunset
e5d580b
?
No.171347
171354 171368
>>171301
If griffons could purse beaks, Amber would look to be doing that now. "Oh, not much. I had a train to run, and our 'friend' was uncooperative in telling what his motivations were. But it's simple logic. Why attack a passenger train, and not a freight train, if the goal was not the cargo but the passengers? Unless, and hear me out, if the desired cargo was _on_ the passengers? You know how Katerinburg had a bit of an upset in the news? Such commotions tend to lead to a multitude of somewhat valuable knick-knacks getting moved about and leaving the country, even if the possessor doesn't realize quite how desired those things may be. Easy prey for cut-throat rebels, and easier to escape with than a bound and gagged citizen."
Amber's expression changes to be quite excited, as if she came up with a particularly clever realization.
Anonymous
a98cb22
?
No.171348
171349
skeleton-at-desk-german-expressions.jpg

>>171304
Posey casts Undetectable Alignment on herself (which she was too daft to do last time, for some reason)
She makes a Hide check to blend in with the crowd on her way to the address.
[1d20+9 = (12+9) = 21]
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171349
171350
>>171348
Being in a large city can make it hard to find things. Not because there is little to go by, or too little information, but because there is too much. This can be to Posey's advantage. It's very easy for Posey to blend in. Even when she's an obvious outsider, and a foreigner, she is one of thousands.

>>171340
>>171304
Posey is, in essence, walking into a similar situation as she did before with the Kaftar and Crocuta community, though to a lesser extent. This area is the southern part of the Redheart district, hugging the Locust Promontory and the northern edge of the Delemare River. The buildings here, as elsewhere, tend to be crowded tenement blocks dating to sometime in the last century, four to five stories tall, with narrow units, dark brown brick facades that are plain and out of style, and occasional mismatched colorations of bricks that tell of repairs or even wholesale rebuilding of many of the buildings after some easily imagined disaster caused a partial collapse of the structure. Little bakeries, cobblers, grocers, medicine stores, and the like dot the lowest floors facing the street, and zoning is non-existent, as evidenced by the scattered giant manufactories that take up entire blocks.

Posey actually passed through this way some days ago, on her way to the ghetto. This area is more open, with fewer obvious signs of decay, fewer damaged street lamps and trashcans, and less garbage on the ground. Griffins stand out, making up perhaps 50% of the population. Even the pony population - numerous here, as everywhere - seems oddly foreign, wearing sometimes the bright colors of the Northern Griffonian ponies, the ponchos of the southern Equestrian ponies, or the webbed wings of the dreaded bats. Military and police do not seem to fear neighborhood, even as they do not trust it, and their patrols are semi-regular, if perhaps understaffed. Posey passes along at least one structure that takes up an entire block, with its imposing rectangular shape, odd blue coloration on the roof and symbols of the bear, the plow, and the wind, and two towering minarets - Posey knows what this is.

Arriving at her destination, Posey finds a fairly normal looking structure - a thin apartment block with a stone facade on the first floor, five floors in total, and her destination as apartment B on the third floor. Forlorn Grandeur is the name.
Anonymous
a98cb22
?
No.171350
171351 171352 171353 171404
Arcturian_Order.png
>>171349
>apartment buildings again
>reeeee
Posey walks up to the building and as she is about to head inside she's gripped with rigor mortis, her eye twitches and she curses under her breath as her shambling body disobeys her.
Posey reconsiders her plan.
"Think, Posey, think... Aha!"
Posey steps away from the apartment and takes out her pen, quill, an envelope and sealing wax, and using her magical aura to shape the wax into a symbol that she's well familiar with: the mark of the Arcturian Order."
With her intelligence, and familiarity with the symbol, Posey should be able to make a 15 on the check to forge the wax seal. Int is a dump stat for Paladins, and with Forgery being opposed by Forgery, it's likely to look official enough at a glance.
Posey knows when she's done with the seal as soon as it starts to hurt to look at, wincing at the holy symbol.

(To be cont)
Anonymous
a98cb22
?
No.171351
171352
8599657090_96e9774cc8_b.jpg
Capture-2-e1624479346643.png
original-1-1.jpg
>>171350
As for the contents, Posey appeals to the hopes of the desperate paladin, fabricating a story that a local order has heeded his warnings.
>Dear Sir Luminous
>Your pleas have not gone unheard, for you have comrades in this fair city. The Equestrian Order of Paladins has endured through these trying times, although with the occupation we've been forced to lay low as the Blackhooves seek to stamp out any enduring loyalty to our fair Princess Celestia (bless her heart). Our forces are few, but we've endured all these centuries, and we will answer your call now, for we the disciples of the sun know all well what's to befall this world if the plague of unlife goes unopposed; it's what our dearest princess would wish for us to do, afterall. One of our compatriots would be willing to meet with you to discuss how our forces at the Baltimare and Potomac Tunnel at midnight on [insert date here]. Make haste, swift flyer, for we can't afford to stay in any one place for too long.
>Sighed: August Wreath (lol)

I'm about to pass out. Let me know if this plan is impossible at face value. The tunnel I'm referencing should've been built by now, if this city is anything like Baltimore. It has low infrequent, is in a generally secluded area, and it's nice and dark. The trick is to lure him to the tunnel so Posey can eliminate him there. I might have to set a different date though

Also, Posey should probably confirm that he lives hear first.
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171352
171355
>>171350
scrunch

Posey is able to create an arcturian symbol easily enough, and hopefully, well enough

>>171351
The biggest problem with this plan is that, well, Posey has not confirmed he lives here. Posey has not found anygriff of that name in the city. The name of the resident here is close; close enough to be a relative of the target, or the target going by a pseudonym, but the identity is not confirmed.

As for the tunnel... eh, I hadn't really planned on Baltimare having enough variation in elevation to make a tunnel really make sense, but sure, why not add a tunnel. That's not an issue.
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171353
171355
>>171350
What's wrong with apartment buildings?
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171354
171368 171402
>>171347
He tilts his head, and squints his eyes
"Is there something, specific in mind?"
Anonymous
c2da931
?
No.171355
171364 171365
>>171353
Because I gave Posey the Phobia weakness in conjunction with vampire weaknesses, so she's unwilling to enter buildings without permission.
But she could use the mailbox.
>>171352
Well, if he's staying with relatives, any relative who receives an envelope addressed to him would likely deliver it to him. If he shows up at the given date, that would confirm that he lives near the area.
There's also possibility that he sees through the trap, but given that he's a paladin and there's only one faction that would be interested in assassinating him, he might just show up anyway to eliminate Posey...

The tunnel is to try to get him in an area where he can't put too much distance between himself and Posey by flying.
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171357
171358
>>171339
There is a pause, then BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG, and then Tattattattattattattat and a BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a037c71
?
No.171358
171359
>>171357
Was Silver able to make anything out when he laid down suppressive fire?
Anonymous
f88a9de
?
No.171359
171360
>>171358
He can see that the origin is some kind of office at the end of the hall. The distance is small.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a037c71
?
No.171360
171362
>>171359
Silver finishes reloading his weapon, and with this knowledge peaks once again, now aiming for the changeling firing upon them.

[BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG

[1d20+5 = (2+5) = 7]
[1d20+5 = (4+5) = 9]
[1d20+5 = (2+5) = 7]
[1d20+5 = (12+5) = 17]
[1d20+5 = (17+5) = 22]
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171362
171363
>>171360
Silver can see that there is a window in a big office which itself has a window out the back through which light pours and clouds hang above. The drone in question has taken a desk as cover, and is shooting atop it.

That's at least one hit, but I'm a little skeptical of there being two
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a037c71
?
No.171363
171367
>>171362
One hit is better than nothing. If Silver can, he ducks back into cover before he gets shot.
Anonymous
0d74d3e
?
No.171364
171365
>>171355
After forging her letter, Posey looks for a mailbox with a name that corresponds with what she saw. She very clearly says "To Luminous" on the envelope. For good measure, she places her five silver bits in the envelope around the letter, just enough to make the sounds of sliding shekels that trigger magpie instincts, so her letter won't go ignored.
She marks the rendezvous in two days time (enough for any wrong recipients to fly it over to the correct target), at midnight in the tunnel, hoping the bait will reach Luminous.

Having set her trap, she trots home at a brisk pace, humming a gentle tune she picked up from a Farbook thrall and she returns to spoil Gloomy and work on her arcane research.
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171365
171366 171409
6246737.gif
>>171364
>>171355
Anonymous
0d74d3e
?
No.171366
171403
>>171365
Unless Posey has an encounter tonight, she doesn't do anything else tonight.

She later makes preparations for the rendezvous. She intends to be prepared to meet Luminous. She wouldn't bring her armor, which is too distinctive to catch the griffon off guard, but she would bring her new sword (which, as I checked, is an archaic weapon), her satchel, her spell components, and her cloak.
It would probably help to buy a weighted net, but idk. I'm actually kind of broke rn, and 20 gp for a net is... Well, probably worth it.
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171367
171369
>>171363
The drone, evidently, has to reload.

There is more "Tat tat" and "Tat tat," indicating that Silver is not the only one involved
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171368
171422
>>171347
>>171354
"You know exactly why they attacked. Don't you, 'Rudolf'?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a037c71
?
No.171369
171370 171372
>>171367
In that case, Silver peaks again, and...

BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG

[1d20+5 = (19+5) = 24]
[1d20+5 = (12+5) = 17]
[1d20+5 = (18+5) = 23]
[1d20+5 = (3+5) = 8]
[1d20+5 = (3+5) = 8]
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171370
171371 171372
>>171369
For good measure, roll initiative
[1d20+1 = (5+1) = 6]
a037c71
?
No.171371
171372 171373
[1d20+4 = (17+4) = 21]
>>171370
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171372
171373
>>171369
>>171371
>>171370
Silver successfully gets in his shots before the drone is able to reload his gun. Most of the drone is behind the wooden desk and out of view, but Silver is able to hit the upper portions of the drone, including through the wood.

[6d7 = 19]
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171373
171374
>>171371
>>171372
The drone slumps down. It's clearly not dead, as it makes an in-equine "maaaah" sound that would be almost humerous, were it not so persistent, and filled with gutteral sounds as the creature slowly chokes on its own blood.

Silver can see that there is another drone near it with a submachine gun, styled with the curved magazine on the side the same as the Home Guard medics
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a037c71
?
No.171374
171375 171376 171377
>>171373
If it wasn't for this other changeling, Silver would put the poor bastard out of his misery. With the situation as is, Silver turns his weapon on this fourth changeling and fires another burst.

BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG

[1d10+5 = (9+5) = 14]
[1d10+5 = (8+5) = 13]
[1d10+5 = (4+5) = 9]
[1d10+5 = (9+5) = 14]
[1d10+5 = (10+5) = 15]
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171375
171376 171377
>>171374
Silver's shots hit the window behind, shattering glass, and splintering the wood on the desk behind which this drone takes cover. But the drone seems unscathed

[1d2 = 2]

[1d20+2 = (18+2) = 20]
[1d20+2 = (20+2) = 22]
[1d20+2 = (8+2) = 10]
[1d20+2 = (18+2) = 20]
[1d20+2 = (8+2) = 10]
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171376
171377
>>171375
>>171374
The drone peeps up and makes a "tat tat tat tat" with its submachine gun. But it isn't shooting at Silver. It shoots at another pony behind and to the right, who has peeped out from behind his own cover to take a shot

[1d20 = 13]
[2d6 = 6]

[2d6 = 9]
[2d6 = 9]
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171377
171378 171379
>>171376
>>171375
>>171374
From behind, a BANG BANG BANG BANG as Spectral Streak shoots in quick succession

[1d20+8 = (20+8) = 28]
[1d20+8 = (10+8) = 18]
[1d20+8 = (10+8) = 18]
[1d20+8 = (17+8) = 25]
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a037c71
?
No.171378
171379 171380
>>171377
Silver fires off the last few rounds in his own magazine before he ducks back into cover to reload.

BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG

[1d20+5 = (5+5) = 10]
[1d20+5 = (12+5) = 17]
[1d20+5 = (18+5) = 23]
[1d20+5 = (7+5) = 12]
[1d20+5 = (20+5) = 25]
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171379
171380
>>171378
>>171377
[1d20 = 12]
[2d6 = 5]

[1d20 = 9]
[2d6 = 7]

[2d6 = 6]
[2d6 = 8]
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171380
171381
>>171379
>>171378
A loud "clang" as a steel helmet worn by the drone is hit by a bullet, several "taps" and blue blood is splattered on top of the desk. The drone falls directly down. Near it can still be heard a loud "MAAAAH!" like any other wounded animal, though it morphs occasionally into something resembling a word, or a name, cried loudly in an alien language.

Behind Silver, the purple pegasus has fallen. His submachine gun falls on the floor, and his wings extend, taking up half of the width short hall from the front desk to the window-office. He is silent.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a037c71
?
No.171381
171382 171384 171385
>>171380
Silver checks the purple pegasus' pulse before anything, even if it's a vain hope.

Can Silver recognize what the dying changeling is saying?
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171382
171383
>>171381
Roll die

And roll die
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a037c71
?
No.171383
171384
>>171382
[1d20 = 2]

[1d20 = 19]
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171384
>>171381
>>171383
[1d2 = 1]
[1d20+7 = (12+7) = 19]

[1d2 = 1]
[1d20+3 = (17+3) = 20]
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171385
171386
>>171381
Silver can do nothing for the Pegasus.

The cream-colored medic, and the orange medic, both rush in with bandages and serum, eager to stop the bleeding. His eyes are closed, and his body shivers in convulsions as he is clearly going into shock.

From the corporal, Silver catches his name, "Highland Wind"

Further over, Silver can tell what the drone is saying. It is a cry for his mother.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a037c71
?
No.171386
171387
>>171385
Silver leaves the medics to their work as he doesn't want to get in their way. He goes to the changeling instead. With the enemies dealt with, he wants to see: is there anything he can do for him, either to save him or at least ease the pain?
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171387
171388
>>171386
It's a rather familiar problem: the drone is slowly bleeding to death, with a definite danger of drowning in its own blood. Like most shootings, the drone could be saved with a rapid enough administration of medical aid, or at least it could have a half minute ago. Hard to tell now. It's shot through the throat, and is having an increasingly hard time breathing. It's cries are increasingly gargled.

There's always the solution of finally slitting its throat, and ending its misery.

The other drone that sits there to its right behind the desk also seems to be alive, though not in any better condition. It's slumped down. Eyes open and teary, looking kind of sad. Blood spills onto the floor.

It's worth pointing out how lovely this office could be. No, it's not well furnished now, but it has one painting on the wall of Mage Meadowbrook, hoof on a tree, wearing her mask, and with a staff out ready to collect honey. There's one potted plant already moved in, and an empty bookshelf. Admittedly the plant is fake and made of paper, but it's a lovely spot for a plant. The interior side of the office is lined with now shattered windows, and the exterior has several windows, likewise shattered, that view out to buildings behind.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a037c71
?
No.171388
171389
>>171387
They might be enemies...but as ponies, we need to be better than those we fight. If Silver can do anything to try to save these changelings, he will and does.
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171389
171390
>>171388
The magical coagulant is in short supply. Plasma may work, though its hard to tell with changeling biology. Stitching would take too long, and probably can't work with chitin. Bandages may be applied, at least. Morphine may be applied.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a037c71
?
No.171390
171391 171392
>>171389
Is there more than one dosage left of the coagulant? Plasma, bandages, and morphine might help the other drone, but this throat wound needs to be closed ASAP before he chokes to death on his own ichor.
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171391
>>171390
[1d2 = 2]
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171392
171393
>>171390
No; Silver has but one dosage left of coagulant.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a037c71
?
No.171393
171394
>>171392
Well, his squad had better not get shot then. He uses the last dose for the changeling's neck wound, quickly cleans it, and wraps it and any other wounds up with bandages for good measure. He also positions the changeling's body so that he shouldn't be choking on what blood may be left.

Assuming this changeling is stable, he'd get to work on the other one.
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171394
171395
>>171393
The changeling makes a loud sound, and tries to scrape against the floor to move as Silver comes near it. It ends up falling on its side.

But Silver is able to overpower it and wrap its neck and chest. The creature being on its side may not be the worst thing for its health, at least.

The other one whimpers, and seems to attempt to push itself back, but it has nowhere to go, already pressed up against a desk. And it has no strength left. The lights in its insectoid blue eyes are going out.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a037c71
?
No.171395
171396
>>171394
Fuck it, time to find out if plasma does anything for changelings. Silver tries to bandage the changeling quickly to stop the bleeding as he starts giving him plasma, hoping that the fluids going in will save him.
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171396
171397
>>171395
The drone makes a whining sound and attempts to opens its wings and fly away as Silver sticks it with a needle. This of course does nothing as it is unable to even unfurl its wings completely.

Silver stuffs the holes tightly with the bandages, which is necessary considering how much of its blood is on the floor.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a037c71
?
No.171397
171398
>>171396
Silver uses the opportunity to practice his Wechselbalg some more as he tries to manage the wounded changeling.

"Wenn ich deinen Tod wollte, würde ich nicht versuchen, dich zu heilen. Sei ruhig."
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171398
171399
>>171397
It stops moving, though it whimpers
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a037c71
?
No.171399
171400
>>171398
"Ich habe Morphium gegen die Schmerzen. Willst du es?"
Anonymous
f88a9de
?
No.171400
171401
>>171399
The creature opens its mouth and attempts to form a word, but instead swallows
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a037c71
?
No.171401
171406 171407
>>171400
Silver shows the changeling the morphine, and simply says to him, "Nicke einfach."
Amber Sunset
e5d580b
?
No.171402
171406
>>171354
I forgot what the maker of Amber's viol is called, the name was something special
Anonymous
9a0ba62
?
No.171403
171404 171410 171418
2530359__safe_artist-colon-tjpones_rainbow+dash_pegasus_pony_g4_armor_arrow_bipedal_bipedal+leaning_black+and+white_bow+28weapon29_chainmail_female_grayscale_he.png
>>171366
>Tfw have only exactly enough gold for this
On the next day, Posey looks for a mundane (non-masterwork) chain shirt, preferably with an equestrian royal guard symbol on it, but anything will do so long as the design isn't suspicious and the cap has a hole for her horn. She places her dastana on her forelegs over the chain shirt. She also buys a net, and a wooden holy symbol of Celestia. She swaps out the arrows in her quiver for some that are not made of bone, and straps her longbow to her armor.
She then sharpens the sword she found in forest, polishes it, and removes any traces of rust, to give it the look of a well cared-for implement.
Oh, this sword registered as magic, right? Does it produce light?

After she's made her preparations, she meditates throughout the rest of the day, spending her time reading up on arcane theory or playing with Gloomy. She makes sure her spell slots are recovered.

Before the night of the rendezvous, she makes sure to do her make-up well (as well as she can practice, without a mirror). August was sexually vulnerable, but Posey can't bet that Luminous won't see through her disguise, especially since he likely has a lot more recent experience in fighting undead than August did. She applies her eyeliner and some false blush to her cheeks. She ties up her name in whichever way her helmet allow, preferably as a braid or a bun.

She stakes out the tunnel she intends to meet August in, eyeing the lighting conditions for any strategic advantage. She measures the depth of the tunnel, as well as its height, making sure where she'd need to stand to avoid a 20 ft downward aerial charge from a griffon.
(Posey is confident in her durability, but she knows better than to underestimate an Arcturian Paladin. Posey knows that a griffin charging with a dive can be a death sentence for her, especially from a paladin with Charging Smite, Leap Attack and Battle Jump, which could easily deal more than her full HP in damage on the first blow)

After all this, she puts Gloomy to bed and waits at the site of her trap. She makes sure to cast Undetectable Alignment on herself before she goes.

Posey has a +6 modifier on her disguise check. It's rolled secretly, so she can't take 10 and doesn't know how good it is.
Amber Sunset
e5d580b
?
No.171404
171405
>>171350
>int is a dump stat for paladins
That's just player meta though, and wouldn't necessarily reflect the stats of in-game NPCs. Still clever though.
>>171403
There's no downside to wearing a holy symbol as an undead?
Anonymous
0c30010
?
No.171405
255-2557889_transparent-knight-pathfinder-pathfinder-antipaladin-hd-png-download.png
>>171404
>There's no downside to wearing a holy symbol as an undead?
Not usually, but now that you mention it, Posey has a phobia of them (on the long list of phobias I gave her voluntarily...), so she wouldn't wear it normally. I guess I'll skip that.
>wouldn't necessarily reflect the stats of in-game NPCs. Still clever though.
If he has positive Int, he'd have to be lacking in Cha, Wis, Str, Con, assuming elite stats.

Ponyfinder unicorns paladins could be Int based though, if they took that feat that lets them use Int for melee.
You're right though, it's wrong to assume, but Posey is hubristic and thinks she's smarter than him anyway.
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171406
>>171402
I actually don't think that the maker of the viol has ever been named

>>171401
[1d2 = 1]
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171407
171408
>>171401
Silver gets a half of a nod out of him
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a037c71
?
No.171408
171411
>>171407
Accordingly, Silver only gives him a half dose of morphine. It should be enough to dull the pain, and he'll stay aware.

"Bleiben Sie still, schöpfen Sie neue Kraft. Wir sind nur hier, um die Bombe zu entschärfen. Wenn Sie wieder zu Kräften kommen, nehmen Sie Ihren Bruder mit und kehren Sie nach Hause zu Ihrer Mutter zurück. Ihr Bienenstock braucht jedes Paar Hufe, das er bekommen kann."
Anonymous
4d89062
?
No.171409
171410
>>171365
I take it this means an opposed roll?
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171410
171415
>>171403
>royal guard chain shirt
Can she find one? Likely yes she can. But not for free unless Lament has one

>wooden holy symbol
Better wear it over the shirt and not under

>glow in the dark magic sword
No. It's silver or perhaps platinum plated, but not glow in the dark

>playing with Gloomy
Posey now has a new babysitter, if necessary

>make up
Is she trying to look sexy, or just like she has a pulse?

>The tunnel
As minute details of the layout of the tunnel and the surrounding area can be the difference between life and death, it's probably worth making a few checks

>>171409
It's an open question as to whether Posey's letter even gets to the target in the first place, let alone whether the target is willing to aid a rebel faction, or if he sees through the trap. These things can only ever be decided by secret rolls
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171411
171412
>>171408
The creature does not respond back. Perhaps it can't talk. Perhaps it doesn't want to. And it isn't impossible that it has gone deaf between the shot that grazed its head and the automatic rifle next to it.

Silver hears,
"Sergeant Sword. Sergeant Sword!"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a037c71
?
No.171412
171413
>>171411
Before he reacts, can he tell who/where from his name is being called?
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171413
171414
>>171412
Down the (short) hall from whence he came. It's the white pegasus corporal.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
a037c71
?
No.171414
171758
>>171413
Silver stands up, and goes to the corporal.
Anonymous
4d89062
?
No.171415
171416 171417 171422 171424
>>171410
>But not for free
I have just enough gold on my sheet to afford one. It would afford Posey an element of surprise that her griffon bone and leather armor wouldn't. It costs me the last of my gold, but it's worth it. If he mistakes Posey for a knight, she might be able to get some information out of him.
>not glow
Good. That'll make it easier to conceal.
>new babysitter, if necessary
Posey has to spend 8 hours a day not-adventuring to recover arcane spells, and prefers to spend that time with Gloomy. Also, she's very, very, very, very, very possessive of him.
>Is she trying to look sexy, or just like she has a pulse?
Both.
>it's probably worth making a few checks
I guess these are common knowledge checks. I'll roll
Architecture and Engineering:
[1d20+3 = (8+3) = 11]
Dungeoneering
[1d20+3 = (16+3) = 19]
History
[1d20+3 = (2+3) = 5]
Local
[1d20+3 = (2+3) = 5]
Also Search
[1d20+3 = (1+3) = 4]
And a raw Wisdom check, just to get a sense of things:
[1d20+2 = (2+2) = 4]

Ignore the spamrolls if they're not relevant.

>These things can only ever be decided by secret rolls
I guess I'll know if he shows up on the rendezvous night.
Anonymous
4d89062
?
No.171416
>>171415
>Inb4 she gets her hood caught in the tracks and gets hit by a train
Anonymous
65d2595
?
No.171417
>>171415
I guess I'll add a survival roll too.
[1d20+2 = (15+2) = 17]
Anonymous
d4dc36a
?
No.171418
171419
2001__dead+source_safe_artist-colon-hawtkoffee_apple+bloom_scootaloo_sweetie+belle_earth+pony_pegasus_pony_unicorn_g4_armor_christianity_costume_crusader_cut.png
>>171403
>charging smite
Just out of curiosity, how do paladins typically work in this world? Do you use any variants? I take it that ponies in Equestria's Royal Guard (of which I would expect there to be several paladins) and Griffons in the Arcturian Order wouldn't typically have special mounts; would they use Charging Smite or Divine Spirit. The Centaur Paladin from Dragonlance had a similar mechanic to charging smite as well.
Posey would only have experience with the Arcturian paladins. Griffons wouldn't use mounts, but they'd be particularly formidable combatants with charging smite on diving charges, because of the damage doubling, a sort of peregrine falcon build. The Arcturian Paladins seem like cunning military tacticians too, so maybe they'd use the Red Falcon variant.

Ponies haven't had very much need to fight undead, but since they're followers of Celestia I would imagine they'd have access to all of the sun-themed anti-necro stuff that Paladins normally get, such as Pelor's Blessing. Perhaps Paladin Of Light suits ponies of Equestria too, or Solstice Knight.

If course, every paladin is unique, so their builds would vary by individual and order. I'm mostly just curious to hear how mounts are replaced. Divine Spirit and Charging Smite are typical contenders for that.
Anonymous
d4dc36a
?
No.171419
171420
>>171418
I forgot the Religion check to see what Posey knows:
[1d20+9 = (2+9) = 11]
Anonymous
d4dc36a
?
No.171420
171421
>>171419
Why do I keep rolling for things that I could take 10 on?
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171421
>>171420
I'll get to Posey Soon(tm), I just have an extraordinary requirement out of work
Amber Sunset
e5d580b
?
No.171422
171440
>>171368
Amber raises an eye"brow" quizzically. "I can't really say. But, here is one possibility. At a pawn shop I like to frequent, I came across a viol of exquisite make. The owner knew it was somewhat valuable–I paid a hefty price for it–but he really had no idea of its true worth. I like to play music on my off hours–it helps to keep me sane with what I have to go through–and it's now my most prized possession. Could they have learned about the presence of such valuables on the train? Perhaps, they have their ways after all."

Amber seems to be cheerfully eager. "Would you like to see my viol? You look to have an eye for fine craftgriffship."

>>171415
Oof, those rolls
Anonymous
f76386b
?
No.171423
crossover-moment-brought-to-you-by-vkontakte-gang-v0-r4uoizrhnlc81.png

Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171424
171425
>>171415
The tunnel system actually varies significantly. In some areas, it's a nearly circular tunnel bored through the earth. In other areas, it's an almost rectangular shape likely buried in the earth, usually with an arch to support the roof or support beams between the tracks. The tunnel is concrete, presumably steel reinforced.

The tunnels were built under the western part of the town so that trains, especially passenger trains, going along the relatively new rail-line that stretches south towards Blackwater and Saltlickingham - and soon, as far south as Tenochtitlan - will have a rail line that is not crowded with the freight trains that move above and below ground moving freight for the port and industry of the east - and of course to avoid needing to stop for vehicle traffic.

The tunnel starts shortly past union station in a section where the rail line is already somewhat below street level, and turns in a single-line tunnel until it widens into a rectangular section, going a little less than a mile with large opennings for the circulation of air, before briefly opening up to the outside air, turning slightly, and going into a circular segment, that again transforms into a rectangular section that lasts for about a mile before the tunnel ends, and the rail raises to go over a bridge across the Delemare, ultimately to a never completed passenger station, and to Saltlickingham. The oddities of the layout, and especially a few subterranean platforms and "stations," speak to much of the tunnel system being the remnants of a never completed subway system.

For more specific details, pick a specific portion of the tunnel system. As you can tell, it has 4 entrances.
Anonymous
eb211f3
?
No.171425
171427
>>171424
If I pick the innermost subterranean station, could I have specified that in the letter?
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171427
171428 171430
>>171425
The "stations" are not listed on any map. There is little reason for the recipient to know of their existence.

Posey would also have to specify the southern or the northern section of the tunnel.
Anonymous
442560b
?
No.171428
171430 171434
>>171427
I should have thought of this before I came up with this plan.
Tbh, the details of the rendezvous point aren't particularly important, so long as it's in an area out of the way with sparse traffic at midnight, and the location obvious enough for Luminous to find his way there. An overhead canopy and dark lighting conditions are just a bonus.
Posey is from up north, so she chooses the northern section.
>There is little reason for the recipient to know of their existence.
Then she specifies the mouth of the tunnel, which should be easy enough for a flying creature to find.
Anonymous
579404a
?
No.171430
171431
>>171427
>>171428
All this said and done, is there anything else I need to specify before it's revealed if Posey's plan works?
Luring him out is the simple part. After this Posey is going to need to fight a flying paladin of indeterminate level.
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171431
171432 171433
>>171430
>luring him out is the easy part
Are you so sure? The military, after all, has spent years looking for harmonic stragglers. If all of their vigilance, deceit, and treachery cannot locate them, how can Posey be so certain it's easy to find a griffin in a griffin-stack?
Anonymous
4990c4f
?
No.171432
>>171431
Maybe it's not so simple then... I guess it depends if he takes the bait or not.
I could just go to his place of residence and kill him there, but I would prefer to minimize witnesses, and maybe get some information out of him.
Anonymous
4990c4f
?
No.171433
>>171431
>how can Posey be so certain it's easy to find a griffin in a griffin-stack?
Posey is betting on the idea that Luminous is searching for allies in Equestria, which necessitates that he take risks and present himself to potential allies. If he doesn't take the bait, that'll at least give Posey something to write home about how desperate for personnel the Arcturian Order is right now.
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171434
171435
>>171428
While there's technically a couple openings, we know what she means.

Some few hundred yards before a train arrives in Union Station - or rather, a few hundred yards after a train leaves Union Station, going east - there is a switch, wherein a track turns south. A most of the turn occurs outside in a low area. A part of it, however, occurs in a tunnel. This whole line of tracks is lower than the surrounding street level. There is a concrete wall maybe 4 feet high, then above that, vegetation, while slopes up towards what would be street level. Whether there are streets or fields depends the specific point of the rail line. The rail line is mostly a double track, but in this area, it becomes a quadruple line, with the northern most track being a bypass for freight, and the southern most track being the one that curves off to go into the tunnel. The tunnel entrance itself takes in only a single track. The entrance faces Northeast at about a 45 degree angle.
This opening is maybe 80 yards from the far side of the barrier. The tunnel here has grass above it, and slopes gently down, continuing to curve, until the tunnel has curved another 45 degrees. At this point, the track merges with another going southwest, and soon becomes the rectangular kind after maybe 150 yards. Past this another 100 yards is a false station. This area near the entrance curves enough that it's possible to place yourself out of view of the entrance. It's very narrow, not much wider than a train passing through, so you'd rather not be in it when a train comes. Trains must necessarily take the turn slowly, although it's so close to Union Station that you can't go fast anyways. The tracks are a foot above the surrounding dirt on top of massive piles of rocks. Drainage is always an issue, and the tunnel is not well drained. lights exist in the "subway" portion but not in the curve, and one can almost speculate as to whether it was built to cull the homeless population. The sides of the rail lines have bushes, rocks, and juniper trees. The rails are illuminated by what are essentially streetlights on the side.

There may be more that needs to be said, but this is the gist of it.
Anonymous
4990c4f
?
No.171435
171437
>>171434
That's quite a bit of detail. I'll do my best to envision the encounter map (if the encounter ever actually happens; which is a big if).
Anonymous
4990c4f
?
No.171436
171437
(I can't do the encounter tonight though. I gotta sleep)
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171437
171438 171446
depry-hooves.jpg
>>171435
>>171436
I swear I'm finally available
Anonymous
4990c4f
?
No.171438
171439
>>171437
Maybe we can get to it tomorrow then. I have the day off.
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171439
171441 171444
>>171438
Let's try

Anything else to set up?

The scene would obviously be dark with obnoxious yellow lights from the streetlights that line the railway. Trains are not so active at midnight.
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171440
171563
>>171422
The officer places the phone to his head, and seems to be frustrated by the lack of an answer. He looks to Amber skeptically, as if to say "I'm on to you." He places down the phone, and takes a hold of her viol, peering especially into the center, as if looking for anything hidden within.

"And you mean to tell me rebels would attack over a viol?" he says, in clear disbelief.
Anonymous
d1f276b
?
No.171441
171442
>>171439
Posey casts Undetectable Alignment before entering the scene.
Anonymous
d918251
?
No.171442
>>171441
I believe Posey can chose how she looks, he how she approaches the scene
Anonymous
371f31c
?
No.171444
171447
Double-steel-ball-bola.jpg
>>171439
>Anything else to set up?
With the very last of my gold, I would like to buy a bolas, since it's listed as an archaic weapon and I think it'll help against an enemy who can fly.
Also I really want to lean into the low-tech style of the Dread League, so I might end up doing this whole game without guns.

On the previous day before the rendezvous, Posey casts Detect Magic on the sword she found in the woods again, and tries to determine its caster level and school (I assume CL 5 Evocation, but you never know).
Spellcraft check
[1d20+11 = (20+11) = 31]

>but why use all of these mundane weapons?
Posey intends to open with a melee attack routine, for a number of reasons. First of all, most of Posey's blackweave attacks don't work on paladins (fear), and her remaining spells with saving throws are unlikely to affect them because of high fortitude and will saves. Second of all, if for some reason Luminous decides to make a "tactical retreat" at the beginning of the fight, and he's already seen Posey's dark magic, he might expose Posey's operations to the public, so Posey intends to wound him to soften him up before finishing him off with her most potent spell at this level: Summon Amoebic Crawler, which would summon one or two grapplers to disable him. The longer she can avoid being wounded or casting evil magic, the longer she can keep her disguise. Of course, Luminous would be taking risks reporting her to the military, but being an LG knight he has a lot less to risk than Posey does when it comes to exposure.
Posey expects Luminous to immediately use Detect Evil upon meeting her, because why wouldn't he? Using the Undetectable alignment, she could pose as a neutral agent of the military, which would temporarily deter Luminous from opening with burst-damage smites; this of course only works until Posey is wounded (exposing her necrotic innards) or casts an evil spell, at which Luminous would immediately realize that he's been tricked and will use his smite routine, hopefully not 20 ft in the air, from which he could dematerialize Posey with a charging smite aerial claw attack (especially if he's a charger build with leap attack and battle jump, and has Rhino's Rush prepared). Paladins are a daily-resource gish class, so they can be especially dangerous as single-encounter enemies burning through all of their resources in one fight.

Idk why I'm tactics-dumping. I guess I just had a long time to prepare for this, and I wanted to share.
Anonymous
6d4d098
?
No.171446
171447
>>171437
Are you available today, GM?
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171447
171448
>>171446
I will have to leave for some hours eventually, but I'll be back... eventually

>>171444
Bolas obtained

Posey can tell that it is a +2 magic sword, simple enchantment made to a layer of silver that coats the steel blade.

But the real questions are:
What time does she arrive?
Where does she stand in relation to the entrance and the rails?
What does she look like?

Does she look like a medical student? Does she look like a necromancer? Does she dress up to look like August Wreath did? Or like the ELF fighters did? Or like an Arcturian knight looks? Or like what she imagines a paladin would look like? You know she has to get by still more military checkpoints... she'd likely want a coat or overshirt.
Anonymous
6d4d098
?
No.171448
171449 171450
>>171447
>+2 magic sword
Wow, that is more than I expected.
>layer of silver
Posey would have figured this out at some point while she was polishing it as the reflection started hurting... And then stopped polishing it.
I wonder if the PC named Silver Sword would want it.
>What time does she arrive?
With nothing better to do, Posey arrives some hours before the rendezvous point, after putting Gloomy to bed. Maybe around 9 to 11 PM, depending on how long it takes to get there.
>Where does she stand in relation to the entrance and the rails?
Posey stands in shadow, but near enough that she could see any flying creature arrive, and make herself seen if she wishes.
>What does she look like?
Posey looks like a youthful unicorn mare dressed for war, albeit from a bygone age. Her mane is tied back in her war bun (which looks something like Nurse Redheart's bun) instead of her casual braid. She's wearing simple chainmail and a steel cap helmet. This is all beneath her regular black hooded cloak, which gives her a "Mysterious cloaked stranger" look at a distance. Attached her her pack saddle she has a greatsword which probably looks rather large on her, her usual compound bow and quiver, a spell components pouch, as well as a bundle where her net and bolas are tied. She's done her makeup well.
>Or like what she imagines a paladin would look like?
She's trying to look somewhat knightly, as much as a lowly creature of the night can pull off. Her light armor proficiency is putting in the extra miles here.

What's important to mention though is that in spite of everything Posey does to maintain her vanity, she's still undead, with cosmetic mutations to boot. As a half-vampire with a high charisma score, she looks more like a mortal, even after death, but a trained eye might know that something is amiss with her. In the night, having had a good blood intake, she looks vivacious, but perhaps uncannily so. Her skin and snowy coat are flawless, almost glowing in night, her mane looks like a shower of crimson, and her eyes, most strikingly, appear as pools of gold and shine like a predator's (which might reveal that she has Darkvision, depending on how well he rolls); at a glance, she seems more like some sort of spiritual apparition than a corporeal creature.
>she'd likely want a coat or overshirt.
Posey doesn't go anywhere without her cloak.
Anonymous
6d4d098
?
No.171449
>>171448
Posey's disguise mod is +6, although I'm hoping to get the "minor details only" bonus. It's a secret roll, so I guess I'll just have to see how well I do.

Undetectable Alignment lasts 24 hours, so if possible I would have liked to cast it at the end of the previous day (leaving me 6 spell slots to use), but otherwise she'll just cast it before she leaves.
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171450
171451
>>171448
The city itself is rather small and could be traversed in an hour or less. This is assuming Posey did not have Mason drive her there, which she surely could. As Posey has surely become all too familiar with by this point, she has to pass through an internal checkpoint. She may as well have some story for what she is doing out, especially as her antique weapons may require explanation. This area of the city is not well known to Posey. Some blocks have apartment buildings, some blocks have wider commerical blocks like cart or car dealerships, and some are parking lots or undeveloped fields. The rail lines are traversed by bridges in areas, and leading towards Union Station, goes into another tunnel.

This section of the city is less active at night than the easternside; whereas in the east, refineries, factories, and freight docks continue through the night, in the norwest of the city, things slow down. Nevertheless, Posey will find she is not alone. Ponies walk by across the opposite side above the tracks. Some walk with purpose, some stumble around, and more than one glances down at the tracks below. Posey sees at least one military patrol move along above and look down to the tracks. Flying creatures do fly above, though not many, and its unclear if the griffin she sees is scouting.

The rail lines themselves are not without activity. A train moves by going into Union Station. At least one train goes through the tunnel itself - a full sized passenger train with green livery, presumably the night train to Tenochtitlan. Have they completed that line already? Freight trains are more common, taking the right most track. One comes by with empty cars. A fully loaded, massive train comes by with cars laden with coal. For all of the mineral wealth of the Southeast, it appears that coal must be imported from further west and north.

If Posey was expecting perfect punctuality at midnight, she is disappointed
Anonymous
6d4d098
?
No.171451
171452 171453
>>171450
>She may as well have some story for what she is doing out, especially as her antique weapons may require explanation
Posey takes 10 on her bluff check (modified 22) to convince them that she's going out to have this set of implements appraised for historical value.
>If Posey was expecting perfect punctuality at midnight, she is disappointed
With nothing better to do, Posey waits for a while. She flickers her lamp every now and then, to draw some attention.
If her mark doesn't show up by ~3:00 AM, she gives a shrug of disappointment, and leaves to lurk the alleys outside the nearest bar to find a drunkard to exsanguinate.
Anonymous
1764d28
?
No.171452
171453
Screenshot_20240324-154719.png
>>171451
I guess I should roll.
I'm going to roll bluff to deliver a secret message, with the message being vaguely "I'm waiting to meet somepony at midnight!", to get the attention of my mark.
[1d20+12 = (8+12) = 20]
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171453
171455
>>171452
>>171451
>find a drunkard to exsanguinate.
concern

The rain from earlier has cleared up, and the half-moon only periodically is covered by clouds. Though not much rain fell, the ground is damp, and most ground that is not covered by rocks is covered by mud. Above the tracks, Posey knows there is movement as a group passes by.

In any event, she does not need to wait until 3:00 AM. If she had a watch on her, she'd see the time was 12:11 AM, although the first signs would appear a minute before that. She can hear the crunching of rocks. A lone figure walks near, though its hard to see from the angle as the figure approaches close to the edge. She knows the figure is not miliatry, because the soldiers never travel, or even stand, alone. She may think that its a homeless stallion, a drifter seeking to ride a freight train out of town, or even a railway worker inspecting the lines, but all doubt is removed when the figure perks up at Posey's words

He must have gone to the other tunnel entrance a few hundred yards away. That is why he walks so close to the edge, and is so hard to see. At least, hard to see from within the tunnel. In the obnoxious yellow light of the street lamps, Posey gets a decent enough look at him. He is a griffin, and his coat is some shade of yellow, almost looking like a chicken. He wears a hat, presumably a fedora, and a large, thick coat, bordering on a trench coat, that is buttoned closed and thick. Now, Posey has seen Arcturian Paladins before. She knows that they have no humility in their dress, and will proudly display their allegiance on their clothing. Either this ain't her guy, he lost his armor, or evading the military required more subtly. Posey does not see any armor, though it's hard to say what is under his coat. He moves his head back and forth, looking, and his leonine tail remains close to his body, flittering about every 15 seconds or so as if in an anxious tick. He looks towards Posey with hazel eyes that don't quite have the angle to reflect the light of the half moon.

"Yes?" The figure says, in a voice at once betraying an accent and anxiety.
Anonymous
1764d28
?
No.171455
171456
>>171453
Posey flicks her lantern in dimly, illuminating her face. She removes her hood, which would reveal her chain shirt barding. She puts on a stoic, noble expression, hiding her own anxiety.
She gives a bow, her mail rattling.
"Is it you who sought aid of the Knights Of Celestia?" she asks, breaking the ice.
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171456
171458
>>171455
He stops abrubtly, then moves closer towards Posey, standing just outside of the entrance. Unless, that is, Posey is outside of the entrance. He's clearly passed his disguise check, as he does not look like a paladin. He's the right age to be a veteran (35ish), but isn't especially well kept, nor does he look very strong.

He replies
"Are you ELF?"
Anonymous
1764d28
?
No.171458
171460
>>171456
"I've heard of them, and even know a few, but no." Posey replies
"My loyalties lie... elsewhere. I'm not one to divide my devotion, but I am one to help a friend in need."
She looks past the griffon
"Did anypony follow you? I take it you got the letter."
Anonymous
1764d28
?
No.171459
171460
Gonna roll spot, to check for onlookers
[1d20+4 = (4+4) = 8]
Anonymous
d918251
?
No.171460
171461 171462
>>171459
Seems fine

>>171458
“No. I… to whom then? To whom do your loyalties lie?”
Anonymous
1764d28
?
No.171461
171463
>>171460
"The Princess of course." Posey says
"Was that not who you were looking for?"
Anonymous
1764d28
?
No.171462
171463
>>171460
"You are Luminous Grandeur, aren't you?"
Anonymous
d918251
?
No.171463
171464
>>171461
>>171462
“I… uh…” he closes his mouth, and then opens again, and turns his head slightly to look at Posey “Are you August Wreath?”
Anonymous
1764d28
?
No.171464
171465
>>171463
>Are you August Wreath?
"I am not; sorry to disappoint you. He's a very busy stallion, and he has a lot of ponies who want him, so meetings like this would be quite the risk for him, and his endeavors. I do know him though, rather... intimately."
Anonymous
d918251
?
No.171465
171466
>>171464
I like how Posey is assuming he has a reputation as a whore mongerer
It took me a moment to realize that isn’t even a lie
“I see…” he nods slowly
“No, I am Alluring Grandeur. His nephew. Nephew on another family line. But I know him here in Baltimare. He sent me in his stead as the government will lay traps.”
Anonymous
1764d28
?
No.171466
171467
>>171465
You might have noticed that Posey has a practice of minimizing overt lies while she's misleading people.

>He sent me in his stead as the government will lay traps.
Posey gives a slow nod
"Your uncle is a wise bird. The government's eyes are everywhere. It's almost as if they're more concerned with good-hearted patriots than they are with the wretched changelings hiding under their noses." she says, through gritted teeth
"Did your uncle have a message to deliver?"
Anonymous
d918251
?
No.171467
171468 171469
>>171466
“Changelings?” He tilts his head, but then continues, as if abandoning the thought. “We wants to meet with your cell. Especially August Wreath.”
Anonymous
d918251
?
No.171468
>>171467
*He wants to meet with your cell
Anonymous
1764d28
?
No.171469
171470
>>171467
>Changelings
"You don't know of them? They're quite the menace in Equestria. Shapeshifting vermin that could be anywhere at any time... They even captured our princess, which is why I hope that we could help each other."
>“We wants to meet with your cell. Especially August Wreath.”
"That... Could be arranged. I'll need to meet with him first though, because, you know, Changelings, and the government."
Anonymous
d918251
?
No.171470
171471
>>171469
“Could you get Wreath to come to him?” He asks. “He doesn’t have a passport. He cannot travel. Not even to the western part of the city.”

After a pause
“The changelings are not here. They are out west.”
Anonymous
1764d28
?
No.171471
171472
>>171470
>The changelings are not here
Lol, lmao even
Posey gives the griffon a sharp, dead-serious expression, her golden eyes piercing his soul
"The Changelings are everywhere!" she hisses

"Having August meet him... Would be difficult, and I still need to to vet him first. I could arrange to meet him on the eastern side of the city though."
"However, as a token of our trust, perhaps I could show him something he would recognize..."
Posey draws the silver sword out from under her cloak, and levitates it to present it to the griffon
"My most prized possession: a blade forged for the Equestrian Royal Guard. I think Luminous will be impressed by it." She says, as she levitates the 8530 gp piece of collateral to the magpie
"I would like to have it back, but if the the Paladins of the Arcturian Order are as honorable as I hear, I'm more than willing to trust Luminous with returning it."
She says, with a smile as she makes eye contact with the griffon

Also, before I forget to you this ability entirely, I'm going to try to charm him with my gaze
DC 17 vs charm
Anonymous
d918251
?
No.171472
171473
>>171471
“Have you ever seen a Changeling?” He starts to argue, and then “Luminous needs to meet with the whole cell, and what is there to vet if-“

His pupils probably double in size as his eyes hone in on the silver sword, which gleams in the yellow light. His beak opens, and his tongue would surely hang out if it were longer. He grabs the sword when he is able, perhaps at risk of cutting his claws. Posey’s completely non-malicious attempt to make eye contact fails, however. His eyes are fixed on the sword.
Anonymous
1764d28
?
No.171473
171474
>>171472
Posey wraps the sword in fabric as she hands it to him. She attempts to force eye contact.
"Take this sword to your uncle and tell him to return it to me later, so I can speak to him about meeting August. Our cell has only survived because we've taken such strict precautions against the changelings and the military: as we say, 'trust, but verify'. This sword is my way of saying that I trust him; I hope he'll do the same."

GM, where would be a nice, isolated location on the eastern side of the city, where a unicorn mage could murder a griffin in the night and get away with it?
Anonymous
d918251
?
No.171474
171475 171480 171481
>>171473
>murder date locations
Abandoned factory is the first thing that comes to mind, but there are many options. A church? Another underground tunnel? A pier? An unused theater? A hospital? Derelict apartments? A hotel? What kind of privacy would she like? Does it simply need to be a place with no witnesses? Does it need to not allow the sounds of fighting and screams? Gunshots? Or some location where her being found would not be suspicious at all?

He looks down at the sword, then back up to Posey.
“He wants to meet with the cell directly… but I will see what I can persuade him to do.”
Anonymous
1764d28
?
No.171475
171476 171477 171483
>>171474
>Abandoned factory
That works
>A church?
Maybe the abandoned one that the ziggers were squatting in. I think that's on the Western side though.
Posey prefers to avoid churches otherwise.
>What kind of privacy would she like? Does it simply need to be a place with no witnesses? Does it need to not allow the sounds of fighting and screams?
Enough to shout the verbal components of a spell without witnesses, preferably.
Preferably with concrete, stone, or metal floors, but anything will do.

I guess this might warrant a knowledge (local) check... I really should take 10 for a 13, but...
[1d20+3 = (19+3) = 22]
Can Posey, who's only been in the city for about a week, on the fly think of a single place that meets most of those above factors? I thought of the tunnel because I knew Baltimore had tunnels irl.
Anonymous
1764d28
?
No.171476
6028a653d1a2b6d17671a96f4b6c7fe6.jpg
>>171475
Based Nerull, guiding me to suitable murder locations.
Anonymous
1764d28
?
No.171477
>>171475
(I am requesting that GM pick a good encounter location for me. If this is too much to ask, just say so.)
Anonymous
c80d1e5
?
No.171478
I think I'm gonna go to bed now. Would be glad to continue this during the week.
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171479
171480
Is she not going to reply to him?
Anonymous
c80d1e5
?
No.171480
>>171479
I was going to wait until I figured out where to meet Luminous next for that. She intends to set up another meetup right now.
>>171474
"Do your best to convince him. It's rather risky to meet in these trying times, but it's for a good cause."

Sleeping now
Anonymous
32f9d84
?
No.171481
171482 171485
>>171474
Oh, how could I forget the most important ingredient in deception: Flattery.

Posey looks the griffon up and down and puts on an impressed smile.
"You know, you look quite dashing with that sword, it matches your golden feathers. You take after your uncle well, putting your life on the line and coming out here for the sake of the protection of others. Perhaps in another life, you might've been a Paladin like him."

Rolling bluff to butter him up
[1d20+12 = (20+12) = 32]
Anonymous
32f9d84
?
No.171482
1966247__safe_screencap_twilight+sparkle_alicorn_pony_g4_starlight+the+hypnotist_spoiler-colon-interseason+shorts_animated_crazy+face_cropped_evil+laugh_faic_fe.gif
>>171481
Hahaha... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171483
171484
>>171475
I'm on a knife's edge about the best location for Posey's confrontation, so I think I will leave the decision to Posey

Posey knows very little of Baltimare and its buildings. Really, she knows only what Lament and Debride and their respective associates have told her. And yet, through these sources, she knows of two different locations that are just perfect for this occassion.

Now, Posey has respect for ostentation and understands the value of performance. A warehouse, a big factory, a pier or a theater would be splendid for the dramatic value alone. But at the end of the day, all she really needs to produce is the corpse of a dead griffin. And to that end, she is best off minimizing the advantages of her enemies - narrow confines to maximize her power as a melee fighter, and to negate the power of her enemies to fly, charge, and especially to use ranged weapons from behind cover. To that end, she needs a location that is large and made of small and sealed off rooms with big corridors. There are two candidates

One, she has learned of from Debride. The Traveller Hospital, located in the Eastside district, east of the city center, near Cowtown, and not far north of Red Heart, was in use until the citywide revolt last year. The Military swears up and down that the ponies that were machinegunned as they tried to escape through the second-floor windows from the fire and smoke within were not civilians seeking refuge, but were in fact anarchist holdouts who had been offered multiple opportunities to surrender; all the same, the foreign newspapers published that a "massacre" of over 50 ponies and other creatures had occurred. While the northern part of the building is fairly burnt out and fire damaged, the south and center are not. Some floors have collapsed from artillery fire and bombs, but most of steel reinforced concrete structure has not.

In the south of the Hoebuck district, beside Horseshoe bay, is an odd structure that has variously served as a fortress, a home for single mothers, a military prison, and in semi-recent history, a mare's jail: 33 Hoebuch. But Posey, and all of East Equestria knows it as the location where a "cult" lived, congregated, and held ritual sacrifices of unfortunate ponies and immigrants to Maar and other dark gods - so say the newspapers They did, at least, until mercenaries hired by Customs cleared them out only a bit more than a week ago, killing dozens, and sending still more to the Griffonian Inquisition. Lament and Day Low Rain still reel from the loss of close associates. The building itself is presumably derelict, and oddly well preserved through the capture of the city and the subsequent revolt.

Both sites are large, labyrinthian concrete structures with basements and at least one courtyard, full of small rooms and long hallways with low-enough ceilings.
Anonymous
53b4643
?
No.171484
171485
>>171483
The Hospital is a place of healing: a place that secretive paladins would hide, making it less likely for Luminous to suspect something. The history of anarchists being massacred presents the potential for a haunting presence, which could be a terrain advantage...
It has the benefit of being less suspicious.

33 Hoebuch is the site of dark rituals, and if it was cleared out only a week ago, it may still house dark powers within it from recent desecration, along with a haunting presence from restless spirits of the cultists. The presence of cultists means that negative energies were being channeled there, which could bolster Posey's negative energy powers. Posey has never successfully killed a paladin before, so she's wary of fighting him at full strength. The site of the cult may also yield hidden treasures that the mercenaries missed, which Posey would like to investigate.
The downside is that it's a far more suspicious location, and if dark powers linger in the area then Luminous would absolutely sense them as soon as he enters the grounds, which would make him suspicious as to why a paladin would lead him there. Posey could possibly lie her way through it though, chalking it up to as "testing his devotion and commitment to face evil" if he asks questions; afterall, tackling the darkness in the world is the favorite passtime of paladins. If Luminous remains unconvinced, that might be all the better, as once he realizes that he's been tricked he'd be unlikely to flee, not when he's got his archenemy right in front of him and a new silver sword to test...

33 Hoebuch it is then.

"Tell Luminous to meet me at 33 Hoebuch, in two day's time at midnight, and to return this sword to me there. Tell him to dress to impress, as I'll be vetting him for how worthy he is to meet with August, should we join our forces in the crusade against the darkness. If all goes well, he'll be able to meet with our entire cell very shortly."
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171485
171486
>>171481
The griffin looks down at the sword in his claws, and visibly shivers. His feathers rise and puff out. He stares at the sword and contemplates in fear and trembling.

>>171484
"Crusade of Darkness? Are thought you guys were against the Republicans?"
Anonymous
53b4643
?
No.171486
>>171485
Posey gives a little gigglesnort
"You're funny." She remarks
"Anyways, thank you for coming out here tonight. That'll be enough for you, I wouldn't want to keep you out too long. You've done well." She says, waving her hoof as she turns to step away

I gotta sleep again
Anonymous
f4a50a3
?
No.171487
171488 171489
"Hey, GM, I'm gonna captain this ship out of Baltimare to the Caribouibbean. He can do that right? Right?!"
Anonymous
d918251
?
No.171488
171489
>>171487
Now roll for navigation…
>rolls a 1
Anonymous
ec662d3
?
No.171489
818072_WP.jpeg
>>171487
>>171488
Orcus take the wheel
[1d20 = 4]
Anonymous
7b47cfe
?
No.171490
171492
Before the night is over, I would like for Posey to visit 33 Hoebuch, even if just to scout out the perimeter.
Anonymous
c477506
?
No.171492
171494
>>171490
If Posey does not see anything immediately at the site, she'll patrol the perimeter, and cast some of the following spells:
>Detect Undead
>Detect Magic
If she detects any auras, she investigates further. If not, she simply uses her Negative Energy Burst and six uses of Rebuke Undead to flood the site with negative energy (because you never know with atrocity calls to unlife, sometimes they need a bit of extra juice to get them going).
Anonymous
c477506
?
No.171494
171495
Spoilered
>>171492
Oh wait, Detect Undead wouldn't let me detect a haunting presence, would it?
It's a shame I didn't get a chance to properly investigate those haunts in the vampire lair due to the fight. They could have been useful to keep around. There's always next time though.
Anonymous
48d54cf
?
No.171495
171496
>>171494
>It's a shame I didn't get a chance to properly investigate those haunts in the vampire lair due to the fight
Yes, especially after I made each unique

>Detect magic
The lingering remnants of what were surely once alarms, locked doors, and various rituals...

>Detect Undead
>Haunting Presence
There are no proper zombies, nor undead here. At least, not anymore. This is a location with a long history, and many sorrows, most of which predate and are not associated with the recent cult activity.
Anonymous
7c44784
?
No.171496
171497
2908964__safe_female_pony_solo_oc_mare_oc+only_simple+background_smiling_transparent+background_looking+at+you_tongue+out_bat+pony_bipedal_one+eye+cl.png
2908965__safe_female_pony_solo_oc_mare_oc+only_simple+background_smiling_transparent+background_open+mouth_absurd+resolution_bat+pony_bipedal_bow_fan.png
>>171495
Posey dumps some negative energy into the site just because, and then goes home.
She spends the next day resting to recover arcane spells, and doing her regular work to prepare research for the university. She sharpens her dagger and her spear to make them look more presentable, and polishes the arrows in her quiver. She spends most of the day spoiling Gloomy, as usual, telling him ominous stories and educating him in the dark arts, while attending to his medical needs. She does her best to rehearse her persona of an Equestrian knight, trying on various hairstyles without the use of a mirror (whether or not she shows in then or not, she's kind of afraid of them), with Gloomy's help. She does her yoga routine to promote circulation and eliminate any traces of rigor mortis, and she makes sure her fur is properly brushed and fluffy.
Like any wise necromancer, she waits patiently for her enemy to do her work for her, before setting out to her second (hopefully final) rendezvous for her mark. The day before she casts Undetectable Alignment (which lasts for 24 hours).
Anonymous
7c44784
?
No.171497
171498
914338__suggestive_solo_female_oc_clothes_oc+only_solo+female_dock_ass_sweat_shirt_midriff_the+ass+was+fat_shorts_thunder+thighs_tanktop_raised+eyebr.png
914623__suggestive_solo_female_oc_clothes_oc+only_simple+background_solo+female_white+background_plot_looking+back_underhoof_dock_raised+hoof_sweat_s.png
>>171496
This time, Posey stays the entire night, no matter how long it takes for the griffon to show up. She remains vigilant, intent on spotting her mark before she is spotted herself.

Taking 10, Posey's passive Spot and Listen checks are both 14. Posey has Darkvision and Low-light vision.
Anonymous
7c44784
?
No.171498
171499 171550 171569
2265815__safe_female_pony_oc_oc+only_simple+background_male_earth+pony_monochrome_human_comic_white+background_eyes+closed_dialogue_grayscale_chest+f.png
>>171497
Fuck it, I'm going to roll to see from what distance i can spot him
Spot
[1d20+4 = (17+4) = 21]
Listen
[1d20+4 = (2+4) = 6]
Anonymous
48d54cf
?
No.171499
171500
>>171498
The duality of dice rolls
Anonymous
7c44784
?
No.171500
>>171499
Does Posey see him coming?
Anonymous
7c44784
?
No.171502
1411536__safe_saffron+masala_solo_female_pony_mare_clothes_unicorn_smiling_open+mouth_eyes+closed_jewelry_underhoof_piercing_ear+piercing_earring_abs.jpeg

Anonymous
7c44784
?
No.171503
3066616__explicit_fluttershy_female_pony_solo_mare_clothes_nudity_pegasus_smiling_blushing_cute_looking+at+you_solo+female_nipples_wings_vulva_spread.png
2969939__safe_somnambula_female_pony_solo_mare_clothes_simple+background_pegasus_transparent+background_edit_vector_absurd+resolution_dress_skirt_mak.png
2872986__explicit_female_pony_solo_oc_mare_oc+only_nudity_earth+pony_smiling_solo+female_open+mouth_butt_vulva_anus_plot_dialogue_looking+back_tail_s.png
2788168__explicit_female_pony_solo_oc_mare_oc+only_clothes_nudity_earth+pony_smiling_blushing_cute_looking+at+you_solo+female_butt_vulva_anus_plot_be.png
2716764__safe_sunny+starscout_pony_solo_earth+pony_g5_my+little+pony-colon-+a+new+generation_spoiler-colon-my+little+pony-colon-+a+new+generation_hea.png
Posting lewd yoga horses while await response, because why not?
Anonymous
7c44784
?
No.171504
2401208__questionable_blossomforth_female_oc_nudity_pegasus_breasts_earth+pony_blushing_nipples_big+breasts_belly+button_dialogue_commission_huge+bre.png
2372371__questionable_sweetie+belle_female_mare_clothes_unicorn_open+mouth_tongue+out_looking+back_underhoof_dock_butt_older_makeup_pants_shorts_came.png
2372373__explicit_sweetie+belle_female_mare_clothes_nudity_unicorn_open+mouth_vulva_tongue+out_anus_looking+back_underhoof_dock_ponut_alternate+versi.png
2372374__explicit_sweetie+belle_female_mare_clothes_nudity_unicorn_open+mouth_vulva_tongue+out_anus_cum_looking+back_underhoof_dock_ponut_alternate+v.png
2354319__explicit_female_pony_oc_mare_clothes_oc+only_nudity_unicorn_pegasus_vulva_tongue+out_plot_looking+back_dock_butt_tree_ear+fluff_pants_female.png

Anonymous
7c44784
?
No.171505
2288572__safe_fluttershy_solo_female_pony_mare_simple+background_pegasus_blushing_cute_open+mouth_underhoof_dock_chest+fluff_freckles_signature_shyab.jpg
2290072__safe_rarity_applejack_female_pony_mare_unicorn_earth+pony_eyes+closed_duo_looking+back_bipedal_balancing_yoga_artist-colon-colorfulcolor233_.jpg
2057930__suggestive_solo_female_pony_oc_clothes_oc+only_cute_tongue+out_eyes+closed_plot_bat+pony_dock_ass_heart_butt_piercing_happy_freckles_ear+flu.png
2057932__explicit_solo_female_pony_oc_clothes_oc+only_nudity_blushing_solo+female_vulva_anus_plot_bat+pony_dock_ass_ponut_butt_piercing_freckles_ear+.png
1834005__safe_coloratura_solo_female_pony_mare_clothes_simple+background_earth+pony_transparent+background_vector_absurd+resolution_artist-colon-jhay.png

Anonymous
7c44784
?
No.171506
1705448__explicit_cup+cake_nudity_blushing_vulva_chubby_cameltoe_raised+leg_plump_crotch+bulge_tight+clothing_artist-colon-cold-dash-blooded-dash-twi.png
1715699__explicit_solo_female_pony_oc_clothes_oc+only_solo+female_plot_commission_glasses_ass_butt_piercing_ear+piercing_pants_the+ass+was+fat_patreo.png
1644136__questionable_solo_female_pony_oc_mare_clothes_oc+only_simple+background_nudity_pegasus_transparent+background_solo+female_plot_text_dock_pon.png
1644137__explicit_solo_female_pony_oc_mare_clothes_oc+only_simple+background_nudity_pegasus_transparent+background_blushing_solo+female_nipples_vulva.png
1592254__explicit_tree+hugger_solo_female_pony_mare_nudity_smiling_earth+pony_cute_solo+female_looking+at+you_open+mouth_vulva_tongue+out_anus_dock_c.png

Anonymous
7c44784
?
No.171507
1591123__explicit_solo_female_oc_clothes_oc+only_nudity_solo+female_monochrome_vulva_glasses_underhoof_dock_partial+nudity_sweater_bottomless_face+do.png
1559774__explicit_twilight+sparkle_starlight+glimmer_female_nudity_nipples_vulva_anus_dialogue_dock_ponut_clitoris_anatomically+correct_crotchboobs_a.png
1543869__explicit_twilight+velvet_solo_female_pony_clothes_nudity_unicorn_solo+female_vulva_anus_underhoof_armpits_ponut_anatomically+correct_hooves_.jpeg
1543701__questionable_fluttershy_solo_female_clothes_simple+background_solo+female_looking+at+you_dialogue_looking+back_shorts_looking+back+at+you_ca.jpeg
1473071__safe_fluttershy_solo_pony_simple+background_strategically+covered_relaxing_yoga_relaxed_artist-colon-rupony_relaxed+face.png

Anonymous
7c44784
?
No.171508
1425984__suggestive_pinkie+pie_solo_female_pony_clothes_simple+background_solo+female_monochrome_white+background_belly+button_dock_grayscale_upside+.png
1421711__questionable_solo_female_pony_oc_mare_clothes_oc+only_simple+background_earth+pony_solo+female_white+background_belly+button_underhoof_midri.png
1421712__explicit_solo_female_pony_oc_mare_clothes_oc+only_simple+background_nudity_solo+female_vulva_white+background_anus_belly+button_underhoof_po.png
1375166__explicit_octavia+melody_solo_female_pony_nudity_solo+female_vulva_cutie+mark_spread+legs_spreading_standing_yoga_treblebutt_artist-colon-cha.png
1348532__questionable_female_oc_oc+only_nudity_blushing_cute_looking+at+you_monochrome_plot_sketch_looking+back_dock_freckles_sexy_sweat_anatomically.png

Anonymous
7c44784
?
No.171509
1355042__safe_rarity_solo_clothes_smiling_looking+at+you_monochrome_traditional+art_socks_sketch_prone_partial+nudity_bottomless_stretching_yoga_arti.jpeg
1344915__explicit_tree+hugger_solo_female_pony_nudity_earth+pony_solo+female_vulva_anus_plot_underhoof_ponut_prone_hooves_fluffy_flexible_backbend_yo.png
1209642__safe_maud+pie_marble+pie_limestone+pie_boulder+(pet)_clothes_belly+button_midriff_tanktop_artist-colon-pixelkitties_yoga_actor+allusion_.png
591104__safe_princess+luna_solo_clothes_vector_alternate+hairstyle_sweat_ponytail_pigtails_leg+warmers_yoga_artist-colon-evilfrenzy.png
1204301__safe_solo_oc_clothes_oc+only_monochrome_plot_freckles_chubby_torn+clothes_flexible_backbend_majestic+as+fuck_yoga+pants_yoga_contortionist_a.png

Anonymous
7c44784
?
No.171510
988079__explicit_solo_female_pony_oc_oc+only_nudity_pegasus_penis_vulva_solo+focus_disembodied+penis_female+focus_yoga_artist-colon-smallandnaughty_o.png
931481__safe_tree+hugger_solo_female_pony_mare_earth+pony_cute_eyes+closed_levitation_pose_bandana_make+new+friends+but+keep+discord_yoga_meditating_.png
875729__suggestive_female_pony_oc_mare_clothes_oc+only_unicorn_open+mouth_plot_plot+pair_yoga+pants_yoga_artist-colon-b-dash-epon_exercise+ball_oc-co.png
741836__safe_cup+cake_cookie+crumbles_monochrome_sketch_backbend_yoga_artist-colon-mcsadat.jpeg
488061__safe_solo_pony_oc_oc+only_unicorn_ask_levitation_candle_stuck_black+eye_yoga_artist-colon-dreadcoffins_meditation_oc-colon-teal+swirl_ask+tea.png

Anonymous
7c44784
?
No.171511
2724664__explicit_blossomforth_female_pony_solo_mare_nudity_pegasus_smiling_looking+at+you_solo+female_vulva_edit_anus_dialogue_high+res_ponut_grin_c.png
2724665__questionable_blossomforth_female_pony_solo_mare_clothes_pegasus_solo+female_monochrome_alternate+version_tail_pants_cameltoe_flexible_backbe.png
2714620__explicit_blossomforth_female_pony_solo_mare_nudity_pegasus_solo+female_vulva_anus_meme_high+res_ponut_one+eye+closed_face+down+ass+up_flexib.png
2724663__suggestive_blossomforth_female_pony_solo_mare_clothes_pegasus_solo+female_meme_high+res_alternate+version_tail_one+eye+closed_pants_face+dow.png
6060039__explicit_artist-colon-pusspuss_edit_blossomforth_earth+pony_pony_against+glass_anus_both+cutie+marks_bukkake_butt_coin_contortionist_crotchboobs_cum_cu.png

Anonymous
7c44784
?
No.171512
2543200__safe_female_oc_earth+pony_flexible_backbend_contortionist_contortion_artist-colon-pepperoach_oc-colon-fire+light.png
2707199__safe_female_pony_oc_oc+only_earth+pony_flexible_backbend_contortionist_contortion_artist-colon-pepperoach_oc-colon-fire+light.png
1728312__explicit_blossomforth_female_pony_mare_nudity_male_pegasus_blushing_human_straight_sex_wings_anus_penetration_spread+wings_heart_drool_inter.png
1728313__explicit_blossomforth_solo_female_pony_nudity_pegasus_blushing_solo+female_vulva_sex_anus_penetration_underhoof_heart_ponut_vaginal+secretio.png
1566900__explicit_blossomforth_solo_female_pony_mare_simple+background_nudity_pegasus_transparent+background_solo+female_vulva_anus_plot_ponut_clitor.png

Anonymous
7c44784
?
No.171513
171569
dashie_stretch_by_kooner01-d4hdrl9.png
Rolling Dexterity to stretch
[1d20+5 = (20+5) = 25]
Anonymous
5f0d96a
?
No.171514
171518
1101449__safe_blossomforth_solo_simple+background_transparent+background_vector_absurd+resolution_flexible_hurricane+fluttershy_contortionist.png
So, does Luminous show up while Posey is tying herself in a knot?
Anonymous
01b81df
?
No.171516
171518
2984572__safe_female_pony_solo_oc_oc+only_pegasus_wings_bust_floppy+ears_ponified_portrait_derpibooru+exclusive_original+species_makeup_eyeshadow_loo.png

Anonymous
01b81df
?
No.171517
171518
3086337__safe_female_pony_mare_earth+pony_looking+at+you_weapon_armor_shield_axe_threat_chainmail_artist-colon-uteuk_mount+and+blade.jpg
I will note that Posey's overall AC is the same wearing chain shirt (22), but her Touch AC is reduced to 14.

Just letting GM know, in case there's a surprise round attack.
Anonymous
48d54cf
?
No.171518
171531
>>171516
>>171514
>>171517
Soon(TM), I'm just a little occupied with a couple other things
Anonymous
01b81df
?
No.171519
stigmata start bleeding suddenly
"Huh... That's odd. Guess I've had a bit too much lately. He's so sweet though. I should buy him some chocolate before I get back."
Anonymous
4bad05e
?
No.171530
Oh, GM, one more preparation for Posey.
Posey leaves all of her magic items (scroll, mask, totem) at the manor, to prevent any additional evil auras from being detected after she casts Undetectable Alignment.

If it's too late to do that, just ignore this.
Anonymous
103c00f
?
No.171531
171532
6277310__safe_artist-colon-kabayo_imported+from+ponybooru_earth+pony_pegasus_pony_unicorn_necromancer_pencil+drawing_skull_traditional+art.jpg
>>171518
Maybe this week?
Anonymous
0e38eb2
?
No.171532
Twilight - demon.png
>>171531
>Necromancer pic
Reeeeeeee
Anonymous
6670ca0
?
No.171533
171534 171542
1140249__safe_pony_oc_oc+only_male_earth+pony_dragon_foal_colt_table_hair+over+one+eye_story+included_boop_red+eyes_horns_bone_skull_artist-colon-fic.png
1162022__safe_pony_oc_clothes_oc+only_male_earth+pony_horn_dragon_foal_colt_glowing+eyes_femboy_story+included_boop_red+eyes_horns_trap_exclamation+p.png
Posey casts Chill Touch, as she waits for Luminous. This should give her half a dozen boops to expend during combat.
Spells in use:
>Undetectable Alignment
>Chill Touch
Anonymous
8fb1075
?
No.171534
171535
image.png
>>171533
Boops are haram
Anonymous
5902714
?
No.171535
>>171534
Good. I revel in the apostasy.
Is this enough to summon the paladin?
Anonymous
fe67132
?
No.171537
6378481__safe_pony_unicorn_aggie-dot-io_armor_bone_book_clothes_female_frown_knight_magic_mare_necromancer_necromancy_simple+background_skeleton_sword_weapon.png

Anonymous
fe67132
?
No.171538
2973111__safe_female_pony_oc_oc+only_clothes_unicorn_earth+pony_monochrome_magic_grayscale_night_moon_black+and+white_wip_fight_cloak_bone_staff_skel.jpg

Anonymous
fe67132
?
No.171539
171540
6237562__safe_artist-colon-neuro_oc_oc+only_oc-colon-anon_earth+pony_human_pony_undead_zombie_zombie+pony_armor_book_clothes_duo_female_guardsmare_helmet_magic_.png
6237563__safe_artist-colon-neuro_oc_oc+only_oc-colon-anon_earth+pony_human_pony_undead_zombie_zombie+pony_armor_book_clothes_dialogue_duo_female_guardsmare_helm.png
6237564__safe_artist-colon-neuro_oc_oc+only_oc-colon-anon_earth+pony_human_pony_undead_zombie_zombie+pony_armor_clothes_female_guardsmare_helmet_hoof+shoes_huma.png
6237565__safe_artist-colon-neuro_oc_oc+only_oc-colon-anon_earth+pony_human_pony_undead_zombie_zombie+pony_armor_bed_clothes_duo_female_fire_guardsmare_helmet_ho.png
6237566__safe_artist-colon-neuro_oc_oc+only_oc-colon-anon_earth+pony_human_pony_undead_zombie_zombie+pony_2+panel+comic_armor_cliff_clothes_comic_crying_dialogu.png
Any news on when we can resume, GM?
Anonymous
00a2f06
?
No.171540
171541
>>171539
Uh... Soon?

Hoebuck street is not a part of the full grid pattern, but rather is at an angle to the main road, veering off slightly eastward as the harbor curves in on itself. Posey finds the location of 33 Hoebuck to the right of the road going northward, with a long warehouse on the other side. The building of 33 Hoebuck is rather large and long itself, occupying most of the lot, which is a longer lot than those provided by the grid pattern. From the few glimpes Posey can gain beyond the structure to the left and the right, she can see that it is on the water, with a space of perhaps 100 feet of what is supposed to be grass between the structure and some sort of seawall.

The structure itself is hardly a single structure, but three fused together. On the far right/south, is the tallest portion of the building with a stone exterior and four stories tall, in a kind of rectangular shape. It has many small windows, though it looks almost like a castle or fortress with how otherwise solid it appears. Then the central section is long and shorter. It is made from a darker brick. It is about 3 stories tall, though the highest floor only has windows periodically and has a higher roof. The windows on this section are much larger, though most are closed off. It almost resembles a hospital. Then finally, the last section is taller and made of bright red bricks, also a rectangular shape. This part resembles a factory, with very high ceilings, the long windows that span half the width of the section (and are mostly covered), and a large smoke stack. At the left most end of the structure, is a loading dock covered by corrugated metal, and accessible from a concrete driveway. Between the street and the structure are a few parking spaces and a slate walkway leading up to a door on the central structure, though most of the front portion of the lot is former grass with scattered trees. The trees are barren for the winter, and the grass is brown and in many places muddy or clearly damaged by the tire tracks of several large vehicles. There are a few street lamps on this street providing an obnoxious yellow light, though the street is less well lit than most Posye has seen.
Anonymous
4422505
?
No.171541
171542 171544 171569
>>171540
Posey decides to survey the area for a suitable location to lead Luminous to once he arrives.
Preferably, one with a low ceiling and few routes of escape (the smaller the room, the better).
This is one of those rare instances where being in close quarters with a melee-based enemy might be an advantage to her as a spellcaster, since paladins are such deadly chargers (especially flying paladins with claws).

Posey plans to explain to Luminous that she told him to come here to demonstrate the necessity of their work (they, being paladins).If this area was recently channeling corrupt energies, Luminous will likely sense that as soon as he approaches the building. Posey looks for any summoning circles, symbolism, artwork or other gruesome scenes that would exemplify the cult's desecration of the site.
Rolling Search, to look for the above factors (as well as any treasure, secret doors or bones left behind by the cult).
[1d20+3 = (4+3) = 7]
Anonymous
4422505
?
No.171542
171543
>>171541
That's obviously a fail.
>>171533
I think I may have misunderstood how chill touch works... Nevermind this.
Anonymous
4422505
?
No.171543
171544
70573ee6728ff794c60d03f1a24ad6c5.gif
>>171542
Rules compendium
>If a spell allows its caster to make multiple attacks and has a casting time of 1 standard action, all those attacks occur during that standard action. The caster uses the highest applicable attack bonus for each attack in such a case.
Wait, Chill Touch doesn't store boops you can deliver over the course of several rounds, it gives you multiple boops that you can use in one action.
Wtf, I've been casting Inflict Light Wounds and Bestow Wound, like a complete idiot. Arcane Casters get the good stuff.
Appears to be a vestige of the transition between 3.0 and 3.5e.
Anonymous
00a2f06
?
No.171544
171545
1511074225564.gif
>>171543
>multiple boops
If Posey had a soul, she'd go straight to Tartarus

>>171541
How small are we talking about here?

The most obvious room that comes to mind is a cafeteria on the first level of the middle section, not far from the entrance. It has some movable chairs, is a little long, but has a low roof. There is a workshop secton in the factory with many fixed benches to either side and a higher ceiling. An old... what looks like a chapel, on the third floor of the middle section. Long room, high ceilings. An internal atrium in the southern section. A medium sized open room with a few barrels that appears to have been raided by the police on the second level. A medium sized dormitory room with bunk beds in the southern section. And if Posey wants an actually small room - like, no room for charging - there are bedrooms, bathrooms, and an undergound section.

Posey gets the decided impression that the police and customs have done their dirty work here. Many items have obviously been removed, but Posey recognizes the Kolovrat of the Maarist religion in multiple places, like in bedrooms or the cafeteria, and paintings on the floor of distant star systems important to the esotericism in the chapel. Posey thinks she finds blood in several areas, and definitely finds fire damage in the chapel and the atrium.
Anonymous
4422505
?
No.171545
171546
>>171544
>How small are we talking about here?
It doesn't really matter. It just needs to be indoors, preferably with no windows, ideally with only one or two doors to exit.
>cafeteria
>bedrooms
>chapel
All these locations seem fine. Posey will consider luring Luminous to one of them.
Posey takes more of all of the sites, and rehearses what she'll say to Luminous as she passes.

Btw, I'm going to have to go in one or two hours. I won't be back until the evening, but I'll try to post.
Anonymous
00a2f06
?
No.171546
171547
>>171545
>>171545
The odd, oblong shaped room on the second level of the center building, or the oddly shaped room beneath the first floor come to mind
Anonymous
4422505
?
No.171547
>>171546
Okay, Posey will lead him there.
The next night, Posey patiently waits for Luminous to arrive.
Anonymous
fcef6c8
?
No.171548
Okay, I have to know, does Luminous show up?
Anonymous
fcef6c8
?
No.171549
>it's midnight in GM time
Oh well...
Anonymous
00a2f06
?
No.171550
171551 171552 171556 171559
>>171498
Posey can't hear shit, save for the sounds of the city like the passing of cars, diesel engines, and what must be the sounds of loading and off loading of freight. Through small windows in the warehouse, Posey can see that there is movement going on inside that structure across the street, and several ponies and griffins move along the opposing side of the street.

Then Posey sees two griffins, one of which she can recognize as the yellow griffin, Alluring Granduer. But with him is a second griffin... An Ivory white griffin with a leather jacket. The two are not proceeding at a steady pace, but are arguing with each other, and they stop on the road just outside the center of the property
Anonymous
0a46437
?
No.171551
>>171550
I really should be getting sleep rn, but...
>there's two of them
Great...
Posey steps outside the building. She doesn't make eye contact or approach, but she makes herself visible to the two. She lets her chainmail glisten in the obnoxious yellow light.
Anonymous
0a46437
?
No.171552
171569
>>171550
Do either of them appear to be carrying the sword?
Anonymous
0a46437
?
No.171556
171557 171559 171569
>>171550
I guess I'll roll bluff (innuendo) to flag down the Griffons without causing a disturbance visible to the others.
[1d20+12 = (1+12) = 13]
Anonymous
0a46437
?
No.171557
GKbLZZ8aIAAIqCc-1.jpg
>>171556
Why do I keep doing this to myself? Why do I keep rolling for things in non-combat scenarios where I would succeed by taking 10?
Anonymous
30914cf
?
No.171559
171560 171569
>>171550
While I wait for the results of my screw up, I'll try to make a spot check to get a good look at them. See what they're carrying (any weapons, armor, etc).
[1d20+4 = (7+4) = 11]
>>171556
Posey failed this check by 3
>You can use Bluff to get a message across to another character without others understanding it. The DC is 15 for simple messages, or 20 for complex messages, especially those that rely on getting across new information. Failure by 4 or less means you can’t get the message across. Failure by 5 or more means that some false information has been implied or inferred. Anyone listening to the exchange can make a Sense Motive check opposed by the Bluff check you made to transmit in order to intercept your message (see Sense Motive).
Anonymous
30914cf
?
No.171560
>>171559
*by 2
Anonymous
4b2543a
?
No.171561
171569
I'm also going to roll listen, to try to hear what they're arguing about
[1d20+4 = (17+4) = 21]
Amber Sunset
e5d580b
?
No.171563
171564 171573
>>171440
If he was hoping to find any contraband inside, he would be disappointed.
"Perhaps not to hear its music–" Amber chortles at that– "but to sell it to a collector for a hefty sum, and use that money to fund their efforts. It's similar to the train robberies that happen regularly in the more lawless parts of the world."

Amber turns the instrument over, to show the hard-to-make-out but visible signature of the maker. "It's a true rarity, with very few of its kind still around today. The original owner was either a fool or desperate to have pawned it off for so little. With the troubles that Katerinburg is going through, many long-held treasures are being sold or smuggled out. There may well be others of equal or greater worth on the train. I wouldn't know, but your customs officers might. That is, if they look hard enough–and don't try to enrich themselves." Amber leans back, awaiting an answer.

Baltimare is a big place. Are there rules in place for the amount of time needed to traverse the city, especially without a car?
Anonymous
4b2543a
?
No.171564
>>171563
DMG has basic overland movement rules. Cityscape goes into further detail for traversing urban environments.
Anonymous
4b2543a
?
No.171565
Jaccuse_1938.jpg
(if you want to travel faster, become undead. You can run indefinitely and have no penalties for a forced march)
Anonymous
c295587
?
No.171567
cutie mark sparkles
"That's another odd sign... Must be some ambient Equestrian magic..."
Anonymous
5563873
?
No.171568
171569
Can we do it this week GM?
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171569
171570 171575
>>171568
Yes.

>>171559
>rolls a nat 1
>Noooo it's onlt a failure by 3!
Uh huh

>>171556
In trying to open a window and stick her hoof through it, Posey dislodges the window from its frame, causing it to fall and shatter loudly.

>>171541
>Rolling Search, to look for the above factors (as well as any treasure, secret doors or bones left behind by the cult).
Whatever secrets and horrors have been left behind by the cult, Posey has not found what the mercenaries and police have not.

>>171552
Yes. It's actually Alluring Granduer. Griffin two is seen shoving the sword towards him. It isn't clear if griffin 2 had the sword and gave to to Alluring, or if Alluring attempted to give it to Griffin 2, but it was rejected.

>>171513
Oh my...

>>171498
The warehouse is active, or at least, there are figures through the window.

>>171561
>rolling listen again after already failing listen

The griffins stop arguing when they hear the glass shatter, but Posey can tell that griffin 2 is displeased with Alluring
Anonymous
5563873
?
No.171570
171571
>>171569
>fall and shatter loudly
"Oh, hahaha, clumsy me..."
>Griffin two is seen shoving the sword towards him. It isn't clear if griffin 2 had the sword and gave to to Alluring, or if Alluring attempted to give it to Griffin 2, but it was rejected.
Hmmm... Looks like they brought the collateral. It appears Luminous may be trying to treat Alluring as his page again though.
>The griffins stop arguing when they hear the glass shatter, but Posey can tell that griffin 2 is displeased with Alluring
Posey awkwardly waves at them. Trying to look less corpse-like.
I guess this'll be a diplomacy roll, for first impressions.
[1d20+6 = (16+6) = 22]
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171571
171572 171575 171576
>>171570
Griffin 2 sighs, almost defeated, looks down, and seems to start down the path towards the building
Anonymous
5563873
?
No.171572
171575 171579 171583
>>171571
Hooray!
Posey's first order of business will be to attempt to charm them with her gaze as soon as they come into range.

Posey moves towards the door and bows as the griffons approach, her chainmail glistening in the amber light.
"It's a pleasure to meet you, Sir Luminous Grandure. I welcome you to Equestria, on behalf of Celestia's Holy Knights."
She looks, with a warm smile, her enchanting golden eyes shimmering
"We've much to discuss. Come in."

I would love to stay up and begin the dialogue, but I have to be at work in 7 hours...
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171573
171577
>>171563
He looks back at Amber, and pauses for a moment

"It was an attempted robbery, you say. Simple, or to support the rebels."
Anonymous
b5fc67c
?
No.171575
171578
>>171572
>>171569
Okay, I'm awake now.

Is the white one wearing any armor?
>>171571
"Ah, I see that you've returned the sword. I was right to trust you."
Anonymous
93fa790
?
No.171576
171578
>>171571
How far away are they?
Amber Sunset
e5d580b
?
No.171577
171691
>>171573
Amber's warmth dissipates as she stares at the investigator. "Like I believe I said, I had a train to run and didn't have time to interrogate the bandit as we held him under arrest, so I can go only by assumption. You have that luxury and can get at his real motives. He likely knows something."
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171578
171580
>>171575
>armor
Posey can't tell. He's wearing a leather jacket

>>171576
This depends on where Posey is. They are maybe 50 feet away from the entry door in the center of the middle portion of the structure. If she's at the second floor window as I assume she was, then she's.... 70 or so feet away diagonally down and to the right?
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171579
>>171572
Griffin 2 is not talkative, and has a rather grave expression on his face. He looks around side to side at his surroundings. His head tends to point low, but his eyes do not. Alluring follows behind, holding his claws close to his body, and with a clearly unsettled expression.
Anonymous
3ca84d4
?
No.171580
171581 171582
>>171578
Posey hops out of the window.
Rolling to jump
[1d20+5 = (4+5) = 9]
>why
Because i think it would look cool.
Anonymous
3ca84d4
?
No.171581
171582
>>171580
>fail
Posey takes fall damage, although half of it is subdual, do not much.
[1d6 = 4]
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171582
171583 171584 171586
>>171580
>>171581
https://youtu.be/4hpbK7V146A?t=4

Perhaps in the summer time there would be bushes to help break the fall. Not now.

The griffins stare
Anonymous
b43ce15
?
No.171583
>>171582
After that, Posey awkwardly dusts herself off, and attempts a less-graceful version of this dialogue >>171572 >>171575
Anonymous
b43ce15
?
No.171584
171587
dav55r5-e993f016-cd74-4492-9c9e-4326081c8415-1.png
This is all part of my plan: surely this ditzy, clumsy mare couldn't be an Necromancer assassin in disguise.

"I didn't think it would break that easily..." Posey says, with a groan
And then, to finish off her act, she puts a hoof to one of her bruises and heals 1 HP of damage with her "lay on hands" (Charnel Touch).
>>171582
Posey steps towards the griffons. She shuts her eyes momentarily, as if concentrating.
"..... No malign Aura from either of you. That's a good start." she opens her eyes and smiles
"Welcome to Equestria."
Her chainmail rattles
Anonymous
af9c219
?
No.171585
picks the broken glass out of her chainmail
Anonymous
af9c219
?
No.171586
>>171582
Do they say anything?
Anonymous
24aec86
?
No.171587
171588
>>171584
>This is all part of my plan: surely this ditzy, clumsy mare couldn't be an Necromancer assassin in disguise.
HAHA Noble Paladin! I was simply pretending to be retarded to make you drop your guard! It worked, didn't it!

Alluring moves the sword towards Griffin 2, but Griffin 2 doesn't seem to be looking that way, and Alluring pulls it back closer to himself. Indeed, his limbs are all close to himself, including his tail, in a guarded posture.

Griffin 2 looks over towards Posey, cringing at the moment of the fall, but otherwise resuming a somewhat uphappy but resolved look.

"I've been here two years..." He says, almost under his breath. He turns his head to look behind him, first at the end of the street, and then through the windows of the warehouse behind him. Then he looks up at the structure, through the empty window Posey came from, and along the windows of the first and second floor. He looks back to Posey, and asks
"Where are we?"
Anonymous
af9c219
?
No.171588
171589