/mlpol/ - My Little Politics


If you want to see the latest posts from all boards in a convenient way please check out /overboard/

Name
Email
Subject
By clicking New Reply, I acknowledge the existence of the Israeli nuclear arsenal.
Comment
0
Select File / Oekaki
File(s)
Password (For file and/or post deletion.)

6198585__explicit_artist-colon-angrylittlerodent_edit_editor-colon-edits+of+hate_editor-colon-unofficial+edits+thread_imported+from+twibooru_oc_oc+only_oc-colon (1).gif
1701639427400381.jpg
Is sauerkraut good for you?
Anonymous
No.369709
369717 369718 369732 369778
Is sauerkraut good for you?
Anonymous
No.369717
369728 369778
>>369709
Yes. Fermented brined vegetables are considerably healthier than raw, boiled, baked, or fried.

However, DO NOT buy sauerkraut 'made in the US', there's a 99% chance it will have around 1% propylene glycol added... as a preservative.
Anonymous
No.369718
>>369709
Hehe, nice /mlpol/-ification of that meme. Hats off to you my son.^^
Anonymous
No.369728
>>369717
sauerkraut is really easy to make anyway, the two ways being fermenting, and with vinegar... both are delicious.
Anonymous
No.369732
>>369709
Jus' stick some fukkin cabbige inna vaggu then you gots mergency rations. Pop inna peppa corn if feelin ventureous. If it gets all fuzzy you fucked up an dinnae used a vaggu. Gittin it out a botch inna half use boff of em like a twist top yae?
Anonymous
No.369778
369781
image.png
>>369709
Sauerkraut contains fiber and vitamins and a little iron, if you believe the USDA. But commercially prepared canned sauerkraut of the type most commonly sold in the US is really, really, really high in salt, so maybe it might not be good to make a regular habit of eating lots of it.

>>369717
I don't see propylene glycol listed as an ingredient. Also, it's an emulsifying agent, not a preservative. It is not obvious to me why sauerkraut would need an emulsifier.
Anonymous
No.369781
369783
>>369778
Then you don't know the FDA ruling that states: "if an ingredient is <2% of total weight/volume, it doesn't have to be listed (IF sold only in the US)".

There are hundreds of businesses using propylene glycol as a preservative: Panera, Wal-Mart, Costco, Safeway/Albertsons, Dollar General and subsidiaries, McDonald's, etc. etc. etc. etc. It's sprayed on vegetables and fruit to, no fucking joke, "preserve appearance". Even worse, lot of liquors, ESPECIALLY wines, can contain anywhere from 3-10%.. as a preservative and sweetener. Look up the Austrian Wine Scandal.
Anonymous
No.369783
>>369781
It depends on the ingredient. Allergenic ingredients have to be listed, or at least given warning labels. 1% peanuts/gluten can be enough to kill someone with an allergy.