/vx/ - Videogames and Paranormal


If you want to see the latest posts from all boards in a convenient way please check out /overboard/

Name
Email
Subject
By clicking New Reply, I acknowledge the existence of the Israeli nuclear arsenal.
Comment
0
Select File / Oekaki
File(s)
Password (For file and/or post deletion.)

Trampling Out the Vintage.png
Occupied Equestria - Fall Chrysalis
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163000
163001
In the distant future, Silver is partaking in a war to liberate West Equestria. In a far off land, Amber is running for freedom.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163001
163002
>>163000
He holds up the rifle, and lets the bolt fly forward.

"Whatever lets me kill more of these bastards." He answers
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163002
163003
>>163001
"Well, you are leader. Wherever you think we would do the best at, that is where we will go."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163003
163004
>>163002
He scrunches
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163004
163005
>>163003
Silver tilts his head in response to the scrunch.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163005
163006
>>163004
"You've been in the game longer than I have. You decide."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163006
163007
>>163005
"Uh, okay. I guess oil plant then."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163007
163008
>>163006
He nods
"Let's get to it.'

And he gets into his car, which has a shattered window and a few bullet holes
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163008
163098
>>163007
Silver gets in as well.

"I hope Homeguard pays for car damage received in line of duty."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163026
(You) are all cute ponies
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163042
(You) are still all cute ponies
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163045
163046
(You) all continue to be cute ponies
Anonymous
53d1a44
?
No.163046
1200x807.jpg
>>163045
I hope the poners come back soon.
Shimmering Spark
c3f40f0
?
No.163047
Things haven’t work out too well for my schedule this month, but things might be better soon.
Anonymous
53d1a44
?
No.163050
163054
twilight and trixie - the cavalier.png

Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163051
163061
>>162990 →
Amber goes into the barn to see that it is divided into essentially two segments, although there is a large door between the two segments. The front of the barn includes a table and some sort of wooden mechanism that appears to be designed to keep a cow in place. The existence of running water and sinks suggest that this area is intended for procedures on larger livestock. It is much cleaner than a standard barn by far, yet still Amber is probably glad that this isn't the location she was operated on. The second portion is a more traditional barn, with multiple stalls for cattle (presumably, judging by the size) to stay the night. There is a ladder to an upper loft that is actually more closed off than in a traditional barn - it's actually more like a home attic.
Shimmering Spark
c3f40f0
?
No.163052
163057
I won’t have much time this week, but maybe this weekend will pan out.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163054
163055
>>163050
That is excessively silly.
Anonymous
53d1a44
?
No.163055
>>163054
It is indeed, but priceless.
Shimmering Spark
c3f40f0
?
No.163057
>>163052
This is going to be an interesting week for work, but I am looking forward to playing again.
Amber Sunset
b444421
?
No.163061
163062
>>163051
Interesting for sure. Amber heads to the upper loft and looks for a secluded space to make a nest out of.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163062
163063
>>163061
The upper level of the barn is enclosed rather than open, more like an attic than a standard barn loft. And like an attic, there are items around, including a crook and an odd device made of metal with wheels on either side of a pair of grates. The ceiling is triangular and low, and not all of the floor is covered, though where it is, it is with boards. There are multiple spots where Amber can see down through the floor to the barn/stable below, these gaps in the floor occurring by where the roof connects with the wall. There are many places where the floor is more or less clear, and Amber can make a nest there.
Amber Sunset
1dcb58e
?
No.163063
163064
>>163062
Arranging some loose hay to make a bed, Amber rests there, wary of any unfamiliar sounds.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163064
163069
>>163063
The loft has less hay than a standard barn, evidently owing to the awkward means of entry into the loft. Nevertheless, there is indeed a quantity of bedding straw stored which Amber may make use of. There are small circular windows on each end. There are many sounds in this location. Outside were the sounds of chirping birds and distant baahing. Inside, a restless cow and a pair of sheep make regular noises. And yet, for all of that, it's much quieter than Amber's apartment at midnight.
Amber Sunset
1b8392c
?
No.163069
163097
>>163064
It's perfect! The highfalutin griffons next door might not be able to understand it, but for Amber it's a serene and restful place that reminds her of home. Not to mention it's secluded and out of public eye. Before fully committing to relaxing, however, Amber looks for yet another hiding spot within the loft to keep her mind at ease.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163072
163097
You know who's a cute pony?

(You)
Shimmering Spark
c3f40f0
?
No.163073
163097
There might be Spark tomorrow.
Shimmering Spark
c3f40f0
?
No.163083
163097
I'll try again tomorrow.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163097
163099
>>163083
>>163073
wags tail

>>163072
N-no u!
blushes

>>163069
There's a spot in the hay that blocks line of sight with the entryway, and is out of sight of the gaps in the floor near the roofing. This place is cozy enough even to sleep.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163098
163100
>>163008
"Heh, if I get anything out of it, I would get more than I expected." He proceeds down a line of row houses that seem rather new, and past stores that are much larger than SIlver recalls outside of department stores, often taking up whole blocks.
Amber Sunset
009dcea
?
No.163099
163101
>>163097
This is fine. Amber stays here and waits for the cover of darkness. She might even "doze off," however that may be possible in a dream.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cbbae15
?
No.163100
163101
>>163098
Silver "oooo"s and "ahhh"s at the sight of the stores.

"They must sell everything there is to sell in those places..."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163101
163102 163103
>>163099
Amber settles in

Roll Die
Listen. Wisdom modifier.

>>163100
"Not everything, but you can get food and washing detergent."
Cowtown has never, to Silver's recollection, had proper zoning, with brick factories next to elementary schools next to taxidermy shops next to tenements. And it still doesn't. But there's a clear trend of fewer residential buildings and more factories the further south Spec drives, with factories existing in clear clusters. The grid pattern is often broken to allow for bigger blocks. There are fewer old tenement buildings, more rowhouses, and a few more factories than Silver can recall.

Music plays over the speakers. Familiar patriotic tunes played on familiar instruments, though the specific incarnation is not.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cbbae15
?
No.163102
163148
>>163101
"More industry. We must be getting closer."
Amber Sunset
8acd505
?
No.163103
163108 163181
>>163101
[1d20 = 11]
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163108
163119
>>163103
Some chirping, a sound of a door closing, some light talking outside. Nothing especially loud or major.
Amber Sunset
3687efc
?
No.163119
163148
>>163108
It probably is her friends enjoying some fresh air. Even so, she dares not stir lest it be something more sinister.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163148
163149 163474
>>163119
Perhaps its better that way, remaining undisturbed out of the way of the world. Amber doesn't hear much, until after a few minutes, the silence from outside becomes palpable.

>>163102
Over the radio, communications continue to come in

"Anypony have any more cars?"
"Silver Lake over here. We're just on the edge of the danger zone. We have police cars to spare. Three cars and two ambulances."
"Yeah, send a few our way over here in Ashborn. We've got major congestion and several wrecks."

"This is city center, we have buggers holed up in the regional administrative building."
"Clear 'em out. Whatever they are doing there, it isn't good."
"They are fortified. We cannot advance."
"Alright. Stay on the line. We might get support."

Silver and Spec move to a new area, and Silver knows they are getting close. The grid pattern is interrupted by larger blocks, with large tanks for liquid storage, and hundred plus foot tall distillation towers protruding out of labyrinths of pipes and valves.

Spec:
"This is it. Six Sisters Oil Conglomerates' Midtown Refinery."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163149
163150
>>163148
"Alright, where do we go from here? Just look around for signs of combat?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163150
163151
>>163149
He picks up the radio, and speaks into it
"Home Guard reinforcements approaching the Six Sisters Refinery. Where is the danger?"

Reply:
"We're pinned down near terminal two transfer station by Distallation Towers 1 and 2. Multiple hostiles, armed."

This facility seems to be a combination of older buildings and newer constructions. This complex must surely have been built before much of the neighborhood around it, and the dense network of pipes almost resembles a briar patch that stops abruptly at the road, with a simple chain linked fence around it. Spec drives around. In some areas, pipes move over the road and into a closed factory or set of tanks on the other side of the road. In a couple areas, an apartment building exists on the other side, although here too, the apartment buildings are taller and cleaner than Silver remembers being prevalent in this side of town. Along the side of the road are ponies. Half at least are earth pony stallions, occasionally walking with a mare and a small herd of foals, and sometimes alone in blue denim uniforms. But most of the remainder are bat ponies, and while Silver has surely seen these creatures before, he may never have seen a large bat pony stallion in blue uniform walk with a suitcase, a bat pony mare, and one, two, three, four foals, all but one seemingly under the age of ten.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163151
163152
>>163150
That is certainly unusual. Silver thinks its a good kind of unusual, though, there needs to be more bat ponies in society like that. He prepares his equipment for the upcoming battle during the trip.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163152
163153
>>163151
Unfortunately, in this future, bat ponies do not fear walking about in the open in broad daylight.

Silver has expended multiple rounds from his Jenny, and has not mounted the bayonet. Also, he is bleeding.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163153
163154
>>163152
As Silver mounts his bayonet, he asks, "There does not happen to be medkit in car?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163154
163155
>>163153
"Yeah, there should be one there."
He looks over
"It's a frontline kit. Pretty decent."

Spec turns around through a road that takes him into the tangle of pipes.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163155
163156
>>163154
"Alright, thanks."

Silver looks for the kit, and works on bandaging himself up so he doesn't bleed to death.

Medical roll required?
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163156
163157
>>163155
I mean, he can
Silver finds the kit, and sees that it has the usual components - iodine, alcohol, cotton, an empty hypodermic needle, and bandages. But it also has new additions. "Atropine" and Penicillin are in the mix, as well as a couple new items - a gel in a container, and a vial that glows bright blue.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163157
163158
>>163156
Silver inspects the two new additions before applying the bandages.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163158
163159
>>163157
Both are clearly magical in nature. The gel is alchemical and to be applied topically, and the vial can either be injected or ingested.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163159
163160
>>163158
"What are these?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163160
163161
>>163159
“Quick healing formula. For traumatic injuries.” He says
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163161
163162
>>163160
"Huh. Amazing."

Silver gets to wrapping up his wounds.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163162
163163
>>163161
With the bandages only?

Roll die
fa0e80d
?
No.163163
163164
[1d20 = 6]
>>163162
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163164
163165
>>163163
It’s… not his best work. Blood still seeps out.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163165
163169
>>163164
Silver lets out a groan of frustration.
Shimmering Spark
c3f40f0
?
No.163167
163169
It has been very hard to work around my schedule. But I am confident that things will clear up soon to allow me to play again.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163169
163170
>>163167
hopes

>>163165
Spec drives around and into a gated entrance. A grey colored pony peaks its head and ear tufts over the edge of the window in the security booth.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163170
163171
>>163169
Silver, the armed and bloody pony, looks at the apparently cowering security pony.

"Excuse me, mind taking test to see if you are changeling?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163171
163172
>>163170
The creature raises its head further, and Silver can see slit, brown eyes.

"How do I know that you are not a changeling?" The frightened stallion says
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163172
163173
>>163171
"You have flashlight, yes?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163173
163174
>>163172
"Uh." He looks down

"I think there's one here..."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163174
163175
>>163173
If Spec has stopped, Silver gets out. If he hasn't, he asks him to stop, then he gets out. He approaches the security booth.

"Here, shine it in my eyes. If they shine back like they would normally, I am pony. If you see flat color underneath, I am changeling."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163175
163178
>>163174
The pony looks up. Silver can see that the stallion is a bat pony, and he is in a uniform. The uniform's blue coloring implies a general worker's uniform, rather than a security guard.

He is tentative, but takes a light, and shines it towards Silver's eyes.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163178
>>163175
Silver shine and reflect as a pony's eyes should, even though the light makes him squint a little.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163181
163182
>>163103
The light moves, and the stallion winces.
"Uh, what am I looking for?"
His lips are pulled back, showing teeth and fangs.
"I'll just... I think that's good..."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163182
163187
>>163181
Silver nods, and holds his hoof out for the flashlight.

"Alright, now you."
Shimmering Spark
c3f40f0
?
No.163183
163187
Soon
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163184
163187
Everyone above and below this post are cute ponies
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163187
163188
>>163183
hopes

>>163184
no u

>>163182
He hoofs over the flashlight

He presses his lips together, and opens his eyes
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163188
163189
>>163187
Silver now procedes to shine the flashlight in the pony's eyes.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163189
163190
>>163188
He flinches. The pupils close, narrowing to vertical slits, and the brown irises reflect back a somewhat yellowy gold.
fa0e80d
?
No.163190
163191
[1d20+3 = (18+3) = 21]
>>163189
Sense Motive: It seems legit...but is it really?
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163191
163192
>>163190
He seems to generally have no idea what the hell is going on.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163192
163193
>>163191
Fair enough. Silver turns off the flashlight and gives it back to him.

"You are good. We are members of Homeguard coming to reinforce soldiers pinned down here at plant. Can you point us where they might be?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163193
163194
>>163192
He points a hoof behind him and to his right

"Over there. I think there's..... three of them? I'm not sure. They have guns though. They are where the pipes connect from the first collecting tank off of the terminal to the first distillation tower. I think their goal is to create a backlog of gas in the system to create a pressure build up and an explosion. That tank is connected to the port terminal, so it will definitely take the entire refinery offline. Maybe not for long, but if a fire spreads it could do a lot of damage."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163194
163195
>>163193
Silver's eyes widen. He thinks he made a good choice in coming here first.

"That would...not be good. Is there anypony left here who can operate system once we stop changelings, if they start process?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163195
163196
>>163194
"Uh, well, barely, but yes. Half of the operators have already left when the sirens started. We were keeping a crew to shut most of the systems off and flare off the excess gas, but they are intimidated by the gunshots. I think some may be hiding. And either the changelings have an operator or two hostage, or they were among the operators, because they have shut down the flares."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163196
163197
>>163195
"Alright. We will see if we can find or rescue some of them. Thank you for all your help."

Silver gets back in the car.

"Let us not dilly dally. Time to stomp some bugs."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163197
163198
>>163196
Silver returns to Spec, who is watching Silver as he approaches
"Don't have to tell me twice" He says, and starts driving forward into the plant at a high rate of speed. Some of the road is paved, but most is gravel, and much of the ground is covered in dirt or gravel, with more than a few patches stained with remnants of tar. Most of the ground, however, is covered in densely packed blocks of large industrial equipment. Shiny, silver steel, cylindrical towers ten feet thick and a hundred and fifty feet tall, ringed with walkways and ladders, large storage tanks, cooling towers on top of twenty foot tall condensation units, large white tanks, and myriad labyrinths of pipes going every which way, sometimes crossing over the roadways

Spec:
"So it's the terminal? Towards the harbor, I presume?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163198
163199
>>163197
"He said they were going cut off first collecting tank off of terminal to first distillation tower. If they do, pressure will build in tank until it explodes."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163199
163200
>>163198
"Seems like the hard way to do it if you ask me. Anyways, let's go find this thing. It's got to be near the harbor..."

And the two hear gunshots
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163200
163201
>>163199
"That is where they are. Follow that noise!"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163201
163202
>>163200
Silver and Spec continue down the road to where they see a large square probably at least fifty feet wide, and with at least two half-cylinders with hemispherical ends sticking out of it, with pipes coming off of the top. At the bottom is an enclosed set of grates ten feet tall that hiss with the sound of burning gas, and a narrow smoke stack extends high above this structure, with largely invisible fumes spewing out the top. Large round pipes come out of this structure, and move forward and up only just allowing a pony to walk underneath them. They go to a cylindrical tower, which is only just the first in a row of cylindrical towers that extends off several hundred feet to the left, perpendicular to the car. Off to the left, Silver can see a few pill-shaped tanks, and pipes leading to a very tall, very straight cylinder or smoke stack.

In front of Silver, above the square block, and to the left of the row of towers, Silver can see the end of a line of pipes that extends and disappears to blue skies with a few scattered clouds and the orange tint of the rising Sun, slightly distorted by the heat of rising gas fumes. Silver must surely be by the sea.

There are two sets of gun shots. One is a singular popping of what is probably a lower power civilian gun coming from outside of line of sight at the far end of the row of towers. But the other is the crackling sound of automatic gun fire, probably from a submachine gun. It comes from behind the left side of the square unit, and blocked from line of site by the pipes that connect the square to the row of towers.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163202
163203
>>163201
Silver looks at Spec.

"Think our ponies are ones using civilian weapons? Those changelings we fought earlier used submachine guns."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163203
163204
>>163202
"Our ponies are the ones who called for help. I'm pretty sure of that much."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163204
163205
>>163203
"Use radio, maybe they can tell us which ones they are."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163205
163206
>>163204
Spec calls on the radio
"This is Homeguard calling Celestial Oil Refinery. We are in the plant. We have two contacts. Gunshots. One automatic, one not."

A voice answers. And.... Silver can already tell it's that same bat pony from earlier.
"I don't know, I think they had pretty big guns. I'm not sure where they got them from."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163206
163207
>>163205
Silver looks to his son.

"Well...your call, Spec."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163207
163208
f21.png
>>163206
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163208
163209
>>163207
"I could try investigating one of groups, see which is which perhaps."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163209
163210
>>163208
"That seems pretty dangerous" Spec says

"You go up to them and ask 'hey, are you a changeling'. Sounds like that can go wrong quickly."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163210
163211
>>163209
"Maybe. Or we could just pick one and fire upon them. I think it is ones with submachine guns, from how they are positioned and that we know they are using such weapons. And who is more likely to be pinned down, group using submachine guns or basic rifles?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163211
163212
>>163210
"A submachine gun is a short ranged weapon. Best for getting up close and clearing an area. A rifle is longer range, and if it isn't semi-auto it's probably not great for short range."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163212
163213
>>163211
"So you think it is ones with rifles that are changelings?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163213
163214
>>163212
"No, just that if you're pinned down, a submachine gun isn't at its best use."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163214
163215
>>163213
"Well, we have to do something. What would you do? One of these groups is pony and other is changeling. Do we rush in and join battle against one of them hoping it is right choice? Do we hang back and scout them hoping that something will give away which is which?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163215
163216
>>163214
He blinks, and starts to breath heavily, and sweat.
"They did this before to us. They did this quite a lot. We tried to have special codes, special words or questions. Of course they tried to learn the answers... Here's the thing, neither of them know where we are, so if we go around them, they won't know where we are."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163216
163217
>>163215
"Let us scout them out from distance, then. If one of them are bleeding ichor, they are changelinga."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163217
163218
>>163216
Spec nods, and turns the car engine off. He holds up his Jenny.

The Jenny Battle Rifle, while not having quite the range or penetration of the old bolt action rifles, still has enough range and penetration as can be desired, and the optic gives the gun the feel of a battle rifle. Though the recoil may make it impractical for use as a full auto at range, it still holds value in the short range and for those who can control short bursts.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163218
163219
>>163217
Silver holds his own Jenny up, gently yet firmly caressing her sleak and sturdy frame. He peers through the rifle's scope to look in the direction of the machine gun wielding combatants.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163219
163220
>>163218
To do so, Silver must find line of sight. By going through the underpass under the pipes, Silver will be off to the side of the machine gun wielders, and the riflemare both. He might be visible, especially to the latter, but he will be in line of sight. Silver can alternatively go around the large, square block, trying to get behind the machine gun wielders.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163220
163221
>>163219
The Element of Surprise is the most important one to them now. Better to go around the square block first.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163221
163222
>>163220
As Silver starts to go around, Silver can see first, that there is another set of large pipes extending behind the square moving further out, evidently towards a pier in the harbor, and also that there seem to be several ponies (creatures?) behind the unit. The pipes are raised and provide partial cover, and there are structures further back towards the harbor.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163222
163223
>>163221
Silver gets behind one of these pipes, and peers at the creatures through his Jenny's scope. Specifically, he looks for signs of injury and what kinds of weapons they carry.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163223
163224
>>163222
Looking under the pipes, Silver can see that there is a pony near him on the other side of the pipes trying to move something, there is a pony(?) sitting down against a steel grate in the center, a pony standing up in a black uniform near the edge - he has a machine carbine - and a pony over the edge leaning over. He is wearing black, has a black cap, and has what Silver can identify as a New Mareland pattern submachine gun. If there are more creatures, they are not in line of sight.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163224
163225 163226
>>163223
Hmm...well, nothing ventured...

Silver whispers over to the nearby pony.

"Pssst...hey!"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163225
163226
>>163224
The pony(?) stops, and moves, starting to look around

[1d3 = 2]
[1d3 = 3]
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163226
163227
>>163224
>>163225
The pony looks under the pipes. It's an off-white colored earth pony in a blue uniform. He looks kind of small for a stallion.
fa0e80d
?
No.163227
163228
[1d20+3 = (18+3) = 21]
>>163226
Sense Motive: "Are you changelings or were you ponies who asked for backup?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163228
163229
>>163227
He whispers, or tries to whisper,
"Behind me, and by the pump house, far away to my left."
He sounds fearful
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163229
163230
>>163228
"These are changelings holding you hostage?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163230
163231
>>163229
One, curt nod

From behind
"Stop slouching and turn the valve."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163231
163232
>>163230
"Delay them as long as you can, I will be back in just minute with help to deal with them. When fighting starts, stay down."

Making sure they aren't looking in his direction, Silver sneaks back the way he came to inform Spec on the situation.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163232
163233
>>163231
Hmmmm

Roll Die. Dexterity modifier
fa0e80d
?
No.163233
163234 163235
[1d20+4 = (6+4) = 10]
>>163232
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163234
>>163233
Hmmmm
[1d20 = 17]
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163235
163236
>>163233
Silver walks out.... But it isn't clear that he isn't heard
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163236
>>163235
Could have been worse. Far worse. Silver returns to Spec to inform him on the situation.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163237
163238
Spec hears Silver

"About what I figured. Let's take them out."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163238
163239
>>163237
"We have range advantage with these Jennies. Let us find place where we can use scopes to our advantage."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163239
163240
>>163238
"Don't get too excited, it doesn't zoom." He stops for a moment to ponder. "But it would work, yes." He pauses. "Where would you want to go?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163240
163241
>>163239
Hmm...presumably there are places with sightlines to the changelings? They would want someplace that minimizes the places the changelings have to hide and has places for the ponies to take cover.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163241
163242
>>163240
Towers, buildings, and pipelines do much to disrupt line of sight, at least from ground level. Silver may have a clear approach from the left.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163242
163243
>>163241
Then that is where they will go to start their attack.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163243
163244
>>163242
The pipes and buildings, especially the distillation towers, are also climbable.

Silver may go around the line of towers to the left, going to where the pony with the rifle is located, or even past him.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163244
163260
>>163243
Silver gives a signal to Spec to go to the top of a tower to get a view from above of the changelings. If Silver goes past him around the line of towers, can he still target the rifleling?
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163260
163261
>>163244
>the rifleling?
Come again?
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163261
163262
>>163260
The changeling with the rifle. Rifleling.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163262
163264
>>163261
If you mean whoever has the rifle and was shooting at(?) the others, he(?) is at the end of the line of towers
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163264
163265
>>163262
Silver gets in position to ambush that changeling, since he's the greatest threat to Spec.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163265
163266
>>163264
Spec flies upwards, going towards a walkway-ring at the top of one of the distillation towers. Spec is almost directly overhead of the rifleling(?), though he is one tower over from the one that pony(?) is near. He is close to the tower, and seems to be taking cover.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163266
163267
>>163265
Does Silver see Spec? Can he give him a signal?
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163267
163268
>>163266
Silver sees Spec, but he goes pretty high up, and Silver and Spec have to each respectively carefully position themselves so that the mess of steel does not block line of sight. Spec is perhaps ten or more stories up when he gets near the top
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163268
163269
>>163267
Silver gives Spec a signal to attack at the same time as him, then aims at rifleling.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163269
163270
>>163268
So Silver is going up to the creature at the end of the line of towers, and shooting him while he’s not looking, and while Spec takes another target?
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163270
163271
>>163269
Eeyup.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163271
163272
>>163270
For what it's worth, the creature at the end of the line of towers is a unicorn, or the appearance of a unicorn, with a peppered grey and black coat and a white mane. He wears a green uniform that most closely resembles the New Mareland pattern customs agent. He leans against a steel grate that is at the base of a tower, and holds onto a rifle that Silver has never personally handled, but he recalls as an older pattern of semi-automatic civilian rifle with an intermediate cartridge.

And Silver may act
fa0e80d
?
No.163272
163273 163274
[1d20+10 = (11+10) = 21]
[1d20+10 = (5+10) = 15]
>>163271
Silver centers the Jenny's sights on the imposter, and squeezes off a couple rounds.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163273
163274 163275 163276 163277
>>163272
Hit, and….. Hit. The Jenny is very easy to use for well aiming shots.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163274
163275 163278
>>163272
>>163273
Oh, and

Bang Bang
[1d20+7 = (18+7) = 25]
[1d20+7 = (11+7) = 18]
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163275
>>163274
>>163273
[1d4 = 2]
fa0e80d
?
No.163276
163277
>>163273
fa0e80d
?
No.163277
163278
[2d8 = 11]
[2d8 = 13]
>>163276
>>163273
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163278
163279
>>163274
[4d8 = 18]

>>163277
The creature makes a "guh" sound, tries to clutch himself, sways, and then falls forward onto his belly, with large red spots appearing on his back and the uniform.

And then, further away

clack clack clack
clack clack

[1d20 = 12] [1d20 = 4] [1d20 = 7] [1d20 = 13] [1d20 = 19] [1d20 = 13] [1d20 = 4]
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163279
163280
>>163278
Silver looks at the creature to see if he changes.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163280
163281
>>163279
He does not change. He makes two rapid, shallow breathes, and then stops.

From above
Bang Bang Bang Bang
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163281
163282
>>163280
Silver's eyes widen, his heart skips a beat. He waits a moment more hoping to Celestia they didn't just make a big mistake.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163282
163283
>>163281
The shooting stops. Silver can hear the sound of what seems to be burning gas, and the whistling of escaping vapors coming from somewhere. Further away, Silver can hear car horns. The unicorn continues to lay on his belly.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163283
163284
>>163282
That's not good. Not good at all. Silver shouts out, hoping it's not too late.

"CEASE FIRE! THESE ARE PONIES!"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163284
163285
>>163283
From beyond,
clack clack clack
Silver can hear bullets whizzing by his position, and at lest one hits the ground next to the unicorn, and sends dust shooting up into the air.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163285
163286 163287
>>163284
Silver steps out waving a hoof to get them to stop.

"CEASE FIRE! CEASE FIRE!"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163286
163287
>>163285
And..
clack clack
[1d20+2 = (14+2) = 16] [1d20+2 = (11+2) = 13]
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163287
163288
>>163285
>>163286
A bullet hits the steel at the base of the tower near Silver, while another whizzes' past
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163288
163289
>>163287
"FOR CELESTIA'S SAKE I AM PONY, CEASE FIRE!"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163289
163290
>>163288
Is Silver still exposed?

From above,
Bang Bang Bang
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163290
163291
>>163289
That he is, yes.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163291
163292
>>163290
Pat pat pat pat
More gun shots. This time, none go towards Silver

From behind, Silver can hear swooping on wings.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163292
163293
>>163291
Silver looks behind him.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163293
163294
>>163292
Silver sees Spectral Streak descending in a spiral. His right wing is somewhat curled in, and he descends in an unequal oval. He lands onto the gravel at an angle, folding his right foreleg, and then his right hindleg, causing him to fall to the ground and slide on his belly and chin. His eyes close and his rifle scrapes along the gravel along with his chin, but he slowly stands back up again.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163294
163295
>>163293
Silver rushes to him. As soon as he's next to him he checks his son for injuries.

"SPEC!"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163295
163296
>>163294
He appears to have been shot in the wing with pistol or carbine bullet, and he's a little roughed up by the landing.

"Get out of the line of fire." He says to Silver, although perhaps after Silver has already done so
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163296
163297
>>163295
Silver inspects the gunshot wound closer.

"That looks bad."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163297
163298
>>163296
He moves his wing away slightly.
“I’ve had worse. We need to clear out those bugs.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163298
163299
>>163297
"That is problem..."

Silver looks over at the nearby dead pony.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163299
163300
>>163298
He lies still in the gravel, eyes closed, and with his rifle and forelegs beneath him, not moving.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163300
163301
>>163299
"I do not know what is going on, unless this is group of Homeguard that managed to capture changeling..."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163301
163302
>>163300
"It's a group of changelings that managed to capture part of the plant." Spec says. "And we need to take it back."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163302
163303
>>163301
"Spec, do you not see corpse here? He was not changeling."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163303
163304
>>163302
He blinks.
“What?”

He blinks again
“He’s not the one shooting at us.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163304
163315
>>163303
"And if ones shooting at us are ponies, like him?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163315
163316
>>163304
He pauses, and looks around, and then down at the dead (or dying) unicorn laying in the gravel.

"What?"
He takes a moment to assess the situation
"No, those are definitely changelings over there. There are four or more of them. Or there were four. I saw one pop, I think. One on the far side."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163316
163317 163318
>>163315
>dying

It occurs to Silver that he should probably check the unicorn's pulse.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163317
>>163316
[1d20 = 1]
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163318
163319
>>163316
Silver can’t really tell if he felt a pulse or not
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163319
163320
>>163318
Hmm...does Silver have the medkit on him.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163320
163321
>>163319
If not, the car is on the other side of the row of towers
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163321
163322 163323
>>163320
Silver goes to get it so he can patch up the downed unicorn.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163322
163323 163324
>>163321
[1d20 = 19]
Silver obtains the medical packet
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163323
163324
>>163321
>>163322
And walks back to the unicorn
fa0e80d
?
No.163324
163325
[1d20+4 = (5+4) = 9]
>>163322
>>163323
Medical: Silver attempts to use the medkit to stabilize the unicorn...assuming he's still alive.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163325
163326
>>163324
Unfortunately, Silver does not see much progress. The lack of bleeding suggests he's already dead.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163326
163327
>>163325
Silver lowers his head, offers up a prayer for the pony, begging for his forgiveness. If his eyes are left open, Silver closes them.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163327
163330
>>163326
The stallion's eyes are closed, likely during those final breaths after he fell to the ground. A small trail of blood to his right is dense-if-thin, likely from a wound sustained prior to Silver's arrival on the scene, and now concealed under his prone form. He'd almost look like he were resting, if his legs and the gun weren't ingloriously crossed under him and extended behind him. In this state, he can offer neither forgiveness nor judgement.

He's old enough - mid 30s, probably - that he may be a veteran of the Great War. Given where Silver has seen that uniform before, he may even have fought on the side of the old Dominion, though there is no way to tell now. Perhaps he was one of those veterans who tried to make the only life he knew into a career. His cutie mark is of a lock, for whatever that means.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163330
163388
>>163327
Silver stands up, and grabs onto his Jenny. He looks at Spec, eyes hardened and full of determination.

"Let us finish this."
Shimmering Spark
c3f40f0
?
No.163345
163388
Looks like my schedule will finally clear up this weekend.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163352
163388
Everypony in this thread is a qt
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163359
163388
Everypony in this thread is still a qt
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163388
163389
>>163345
Yay!

>>163352
>>163359
No u

>>163330
Spec grabs onto his own Jenny, and says
"There are at least two of them by the processing facility on the right. But on the left, further away by the terminal, there is a little pumping station where there were at least two of them. Well, were. I shot one, and I swear I popped it, though they drug it inside the building. The two by the processor have submachine guns. They don't have a lot of range, and I suspect they are low on ammunition. I don't think they want to waste many more bullets without making it count. The ones by the other building don't have any cover at all and have shorter ranged weapons. I think they are trying to hide. They already know we can outshoot them from a distance, so they will let us come to them. Remember that that every single one of these little towers and that processor are designed to pump, boil, and move along flammable liquids. So if you stop the ability to let the gases go, the pressure will build up until these all explode. All they have to do is keep us from turning the release valves."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163389
163390
>>163388
"I saw where valve is to release pressure, it is where they were keeping worker prisoner to turn it off. All we need to do is push them away from it."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163390
163391
>>163389
"Oh, you did?" He tilts his head considering this for a moment, before turning it back. "Well I'd rather kill them all, but just getting them away from the equipment is enough. We will need at least one operator who knows which valves to turn and what way in order to keep this all from exploding. So keep him alive."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163391
163393 163394
>>163390
"First we turn valves, then we kill them all."

He readies his rifle. Can he see where the captive worker was turning the valve?
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163393
163394 163395
>>163391
First order of business... peaking around the base of the tower, so that Silver can see what is beyond

Looking there, Silver can see that he is near the edge of the plant, where the refinery meets the harbor. There is a set of pipes leading from what is presumably a barge terminal in the harbor, to the first set of towers where Silver is now. In the way is a small building next to the set of pipes (the presumed pumping station) maybe over two hundred yards away, and also the aforementioned and visited processor with its semi-hemispherical cylinder ends somewhere around 150 or 100 yards away.

The distances are such that submachine guns are slightly less powerful and much less accurate at that distance, though still dangerous, and the Jenny's are fully effective.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163394
163395
>>163391
>>163393
No creatures are actually visible as Silver peaks out
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163395
163396
>>163393
>>163394
"No one is visible. Let us go around and get different angle."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163396
163397
>>163395
Spec nods
"You lead"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163397
163398
>>163396
Silver leads them around, hoping to get a better angle.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163398
163399
>>163397
Around which way? Into the open towards either of the two sites?
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163399
163400
>>163398
Hmm...well, what kind of cover is there to the right or left of where they are now?
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163400
163401
>>163399
Silver is already pretty far off to the left of the refinery grounds. The processor is off to the right over open terrain, and the pumping house is more or less in the center, over open ground. There isn’t really any cover.

To the far right, Silver can go around the set of towers and use the pipes as cover. This is exactly what Silver has already done when he approached the captured operator.

If Silver wishes to go to the far left, there is a set of tanks and pipes to the left of this lot that also connects to the terminal. It seems to be storage tanks and pipes for finished products that are shipped back out on the harbor.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163401
163402
>>163400
Hmm...Silver decides to go right.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163402
163403
>>163401
This allows Silver to go around the row of towers, and move along the pipes to near the processing facility
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163403
163404
>>163402
Indeed. It may mean they're getting closer to the changelings and their SMGs, but it also means they can get into position to ambush them.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163404
163409
>>163403
Well, Silver moves around to what is a similar position to where he was before.

The pipes are maybe four or so feet thick, with a gap below them, and of course room above them for maneuvering, or viewing around.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163409
163410
>>163404
Silver peaks from behind his cover at his surroundings.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163410
163411
>>163409
Which cover? Is Silver by the pipes immediately behind and to the right of the processor, or somewhere else? Also, where does he ask Spec to go?
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163411
163412
>>163410
Silver is by the pipes. As for Spec, I'm not certain, but probably somewhere higher up.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163412
163413
>>163411
Well… this places Silver right next to where he last saw the group of changelings and ponies.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163413
163414
>>163412
Can he see anything from there?
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163414
163415
>>163413
Silver can see two ponies next to the processor looking nervous. Both are wearing blue uniforms, and includes the off-white pony Silver spoke to earlier. Next to them are the two "ponies" in black uniforms that appear to be dressed as security guards. One holding the submachine gun is near Silver, and the other holding the machine carbine is near the edge, and occasionally pears over

[1d20+2 = (13+2) = 15]
[1d20 = 12]
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163415
163416
>>163414
Are they aiming at the captured ponies, such as using them as meatshields?
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163416
163417
>>163415
No. The one by the edge is at the ready for an approach from the left, and the one on the right is in a ready position for attack from the back.

Roll sneak
fa0e80d
?
No.163417
163418
[1d20+4 = (3+4) = 7]
>>163416
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163418
163419
>>163417
One of the ponies leaning by the processor looks over towards Silver, and then the pony with the Submachine gun

"Widersacher, hier drüben!"

Roll Initiative
fa0e80d
?
No.163419
163420 163421
>>163418
"Черт."
fa0e80d
?
No.163420
163421 163422
[1d20+4 = (15+4) = 19]
>>163419
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163421
163422
>>163420
>>163419
Opposed
[1d20+2 = (12+2) = 14]
[1d20-3 = (19-3) = 16]
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163422
163423
>>163420
>>163421
Silver has first draw, but both enemies have noticed Silver
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163423
163424
>>163422
Which one of the changelings is closest to the hostages, and how close are they to them?
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163424
163425
>>163423
Silver is very close to all, certainly less than 50 feet. The black guards are to either side of the blue-uniformed ponies
fa0e80d
?
No.163425
163426
[1d20+6 = (11+6) = 17]
[1d20+6 = (16+6) = 22]
[1d20+6 = (12+6) = 18]
[1d20+6 = (17+6) = 23]
>>163424
Silver takes aim at the changeling on the right, and lets loose with a small barrage of fire.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163426
163427
>>163425
Ching Ching Ching Ching

Silver hits true
fa0e80d
?
No.163427
163428
[2d8 = 9]
[2d8 = 12]
[2d8 = 10]
[2d8 = 7]
>>163426
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163428
163429
>>163427
The grey pegasus near Silver who holds the submachine gun loosens the hold on the gun, and stumbles back. Then he abruptly falls to the ground, drops the gun, and is enveloped in a green fire that reveals a black creature with a thin, sickly tongue that hangs out of its open mouth.

Silver doesn't have time for any of that at all, because the other pony in black, a blue unicorn, holds up a machine carbine with magic, and aims it right at Silver under the pipe

Clack clack clack clack clack clack clack
[1d20 = 10]
[1d20 = 9]
[1d20 = 6]
[1d20 = 5]
[1d20 = 9]
[1d20 = 7]
[1d20 = 10]
fa0e80d
?
No.163429
163430
[1d20+6 = (2+6) = 8]
[1d20+6 = (19+6) = 25]
[1d20+6 = (6+6) = 12]
[1d20+6 = (16+6) = 22]
>>163428
Silver ducts out of the way of the incoming fire, responding with another small barrage from his lovely Jenny.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163430
163431
>>163429
The hail of bullets proceeds in Silver's general direction, though they seem to move just slightly off to the left or high, skimming along the edge of the steel pipe and diverting into the soil near Silver.

Silver Can't dodge by much where he is under the pipe, but he can shoot at the last pony. One shot goes wide above him, then a hit, a gazing miss, and a hit. Two hits.
fa0e80d
?
No.163431
163432
[2d8 = 14]
[2d8 = 10]
>>163430
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163432
163433
>>163431
"Ooomph"
The creature is hit, closes its mouth together, and loses hold of the carbine, which slumps down until it hangs by the sling. Still, the pony remains standing
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163433
163434
>>163432
Silver keeps his rifle trained on the changeling.

"You speak Ponish? Surrender and you will not be harmed further."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163434
163435
>>163433
The pony coughs, and coughs a second time, with blue blood seeping out of his mouth. He leans back and sits down, and then his front legs collapse, and he falls to his belly. He still holds his head up with milky blue eyes looking towards Silver.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163435
163436
>>163434
Silver takes that as a surrender. If he still has the medkit on him, he moves out of cover to stabilize the changeling.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163436
163437
>>163435
Silver gets out the medical kit, presumably finds something to stop the bleeding, and BANG BANG. The creature is hit on its right side, and then falls onto its left side, showing wounds that glow blue. Almost like a cloud of green dust, the creature becomes a pure black with light blue eyes. Its mouth hangs open.

Spec comes around to stand near Silver
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163437
163438 163439
>>163436
Silver stands shocked for just a moment, before he turns to Spec.

"...he could have given us information on their greater plans for city, or where other hostages are."

He keeps his own reservations on shooting defeated opponents to himself, even if he doesn't have the greatest leg to stand on.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163438
163439 163440
>>163437
Spectral Streak speaks to Silver
"Or he could have pulled a grenade on us. I don't really care for anything he has to say. Let's get these valves turned before the-"

BANG BANG

There are two shots from behind
[1d20+3 = (2+3) = 5]
[1d20+3 = (20+3) = 23]
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163439
163440
>>163438
>>163437
[1d20+3 = (3+3) = 6]
[1d2 = 2]
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163440
163441
>>163438
>>163439
"gluck"
Spectral Streak is shot in the neck
[2d8 = 6]
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163441
163442
>>163440
"SON! NO!"

Silver dives to get his son out of the line of fire and into cover.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163442
163443
>>163441
That's... actually pretty difficult. The fire comes from behind them. Silver would have to drag Spectral Streak around the processor, quite a few feet.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163443
163444
>>163442
Hmm...in that case, Silver gets between his son and the attacker, looking through his Jenny's scope to find the damn changeling who did this.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163444
163445
>>163443
One creature holding a rifle - looks like an older model civilian semi-automatic rifle, the same as the other pony Silver saw earlier. It is in the form of a pony, leaning out of the edge of an open door at the pump house, some ways away.
fa0e80d
?
No.163445
163446 163447
[1d20+10 = (20+10) = 30]
[1d20+10 = (6+10) = 16]
>>163444
Silver aims down the scope towards the creature, and squeezes off a couple of rounds.
fa0e80d
?
No.163446
163447
[1d20+10 = (20+10) = 30]
>>163445
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163447
163448
>>163445
>>163446
The creature looks down its sights at Silver... But Silver gets it right in the head, just above the eye. It's hat falls off, and instantly the creature is consumed in green light, and falls to the ground.
fa0e80d
?
No.163448
163449
[1d20+4 = (15+4) = 19]
>>163447
Medical: Silver immediately kneels down with his medkit and tends to his son's wounds.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163449
163450
>>163448
Silver sees that Spectral Streak has been shot in the neck. Fortunately, it's off to the side, missing any major arteries, the spine, and (mostly) avoiding the windpipe. He is breathing oddly, however. The bullet has gone all the way through.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163450
163451
>>163449
This may be time for the vials. Spec's neck wound is certainly serious enough to warrant it.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163451
163452
>>163450
Silver takes the vial
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163452
163453
>>163451
Does he have a needle in the medkit? If so, he injects it into his son. If not, he'll have to get Spec to drink it.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163453
163454
>>163452
There is indeed a hypodermic needle in the set. The injury is also near the esophagus
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163454
163455
>>163453
"This will only hurt for moment."

Silver puts the contents of the vial into the needle, locates an artery in/around his neck, and stabs it into his injuried son.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163455
163456
>>163454
Spec winces. But as Silver injects the liquid, he can see, in more or less real time, the wound slowly sealing itself. Spectral Streak's breathing becomes more normal.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163456
163457
>>163455
"How are you feeling? Feeling better?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163457
163458
>>163456
"Still like being kicked in the neck" He barely croaks out, and then coughs. "But better." He starts to stand up
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163458
163459
>>163457
With this, Silver helps his son to stand up.

"Alright, that is three down, how many more?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163459
163460
>>163458
"Maybe all? Get the valves."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163460
163461
>>163459
Silver nods. Are the workers still around?
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163461
163462
>>163460
Yes. The two workers are standing nearby, looking scared and confused
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163462
163463
>>163461
"Can you help us? Which valves do we turn to undo what these changelings did?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163463
163464
>>163462
A grape-green earth pony opens his mouth, and seems very nervous. But the off-white pony Silver talked to before speaks up.
"The valves to the flare need to be turned on, and the feed needs to be turned off. The valve right here needs to be turned counter-clockwise."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163464
163465
>>163463
Silver turns the valve, just as he is directed.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163465
163466
>>163464
It's rather hard to turn

Off-white pony
"The flare needs to be turned on."

Green pony
"No.. no no, the flow needs to be turned on. The flare, it could be dangerous."
fa0e80d
?
No.163466
163467
[1d20+2 = (9+2) = 11]
>>163465
Strength: Silver really puts his back into turning that valve.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163467
163468
>>163466
And it is turned. Silver can feel that he is closing the valve
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163468
163469
>>163467
"NNNGH! S-so...GAH, what do we do to stop this?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163469
163470
>>163468
Green pony
"Just, keep the flow"

Off--white pony
"No, it needs to be flared!"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163470
163471
>>163469
Silver stands up once the valve is turned.

"I do not know anything about this, we need you to figure this out."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163471
163472
>>163470
Off-white
"There is too much pressure, and too many units off line. The gas must be flared."

Green
"No... That's wasting the gas, and an open flame is dangerous. Just turn the valves to send it along to the next units."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163472
163528
>>163471
"I do not much care about wellbeing about gas. What is danger that open flame could do? Is it worse than oil plant exploding?"
Amber Sunset
b444421
?
No.163474
163503
>>163148
However calming this barn could be to her, the suspense from just waiting, thinking about what could go wrong or what went wrong already, is harrowing. Amber stays in one place, still listening and waiting for nightfall, as there is nothing better to do.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163503
163504
>>163474
Roll die, wisdom modifier
Amber Sunset
2a7d266
?
No.163504
163527
>>163503
[1d20 = 16]
Shimmering Spark
c3f40f0
?
No.163521
163526
Looks like my schedule has cleared up. I got lots of time whenever you do.
Amber Sunset
11e36a5
?
No.163526
>>163521
Hey Spark, good to see you! Hope your side of the campaign proceeds smoothly.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163527
163533
>>163504
At the risk of retreading an event that has already happened
No birds, no cows outside. Just a single sheep "bah" from beneath, and further away, the sound of an automobile door closing, and griffins talking
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163528
163529
>>163472
"Well it's... it's an open flame. It could cause the plant to explode. If there are any gas leaks." He presses his teeth firmly together, and lips pulled back. He is nervous, anxious, or otherwise frightened.

The other operator speaks
"What are you talking about? The flare is a hundred and fifty feet up. No gasses will come near it, and any that do will be long dispersed."
He is in a relatively more excited state.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163529
163530
>>163528
"And what are dangers of sending gas to next units?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163530
163531
>>163529
Blue pony:
"It's just how the units work. It's the normal process."

Off-white pony:
"If the units are shut off or the valves are closed there will be a pressure build up. And if any stray bullets have caused leaks, that could be even worse."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163531
163532
>>163530
Silver sighs.

"I assume you two will not be able to decide on course of action yourselves?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163532
163536
>>163531
Simultaneously:
"Just open the flow"
"Start up the flare"
Amber Sunset
2a7d266
?
No.163533
163534
>>163527
An automobile? This can't be good, it may be unwelcome visitors. Amber listens intently to make out any words the griffons are saying.
[1d20+3 = (17+3) = 20]
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163534
163535
>>163533
[unintelligible]
"You think they are here? Where is the automobile?"
"It was here, the neighbor said so."
"Farmers will say anything for a few fractal guilders."
"He described the automobile correctly, even the damage on it. There are not many of those here."
"Well where is it?"
"Do your job and look for it. You would not be so lazy if we were looking for the princess."
Third voice:
"The princess may be out here. That may be where they were going, for all we know."
The second voice again:
"The Princess only a few miles from the castle? Hiding in a barn?"
Third voice:
"If the princess is as lazy in running away and the Katerinberg police as lazy in finding her as the lot of you are, I would not wonder at all."
Amber Sunset
4b151da
?
No.163535
163537
>>163534
Amber's feathers and fur stand on end as she hears these words. The Inquisition is hot on their trail and they'll find the car quickly. More importantly, they'll know to search the house–and the barn– and Amber had better warn her friends there.

Is there any way for Amber to get to the house unseen and unheard?
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163536
163537
>>163532
At this point, Silver is frustrated, and worried about the state of the oil plant if these two can't figure out the correct course of action.

"So, there is chance either option could start fire. And neither of you can agree on course of action together. So it is up to me, and it is not any fault of mine if things go wrong with my decision, yes?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163537
163539 163542
>>163535
In order for Amber to get to the house unseen and unnoticed, she would have to:
Exit the attic, and then the barn, unnoticed
Run across the open area between the barn and the house, unnoticed, and
Enter the house, unnoticed

Amber really doesn't have any reason to believe this is impossible right now, but she knows they are outside, and she does not know if they are already in the house, or even the barn.

>>163536
"No no, the flow needs to open!"

"TURN ON THE DAMN FLARE"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
76f572d
?
No.163539
163541
>>163537
Silver doesn't happen to have a flashlight with him, does he.
Shimmering Spark
c3f40f0
?
No.163540
163541
I'll be ready to play tomorrow if you are available.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163541
163544
>>163540
Yay! Is here

>>163539
Silver does not. Spec, however, does.
Amber Sunset
b444421
?
No.163542
163543
>>163537
Hmm, three checks at minimum. With so little information available to her, save that she needs to hide, she does so. They'll certainly search the barn, the question is whether she's hidden enough?
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163543
163546
>>163542
The attic is... less ideal that perhaps even a standard residential attic in that it is largely clean, and there are no boards at the edges by the sloped-roof. There is still the stack of straw, the large metal device, a number of what seem to be livestock blankets, and a few other items.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163544
163545
>>163541
Silver takes his flashlight, and checks both of the workers.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163545
163547
>>163544
As expected, there is residence. The green pony closes his eyes, and is more nervous than before. The off-white pony looks away, she is more irritated and exasperated than before
Amber Sunset
b444421
?
No.163546
163548
>>163543
Amber shapes the straw to look as if a creature is lying in it and drapes a blanket over the stack. She huddles under a pile of the rest of the blankets, making it look the opposite: a disorganized bundle instead of a makeshift shelter.

What does the large metal device look like?
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163547
163548
>>163545
"Just open your eyes, I need to check for something."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163548
163549 163563
Spoilered
>>163546
It is several feet high, made of metal with wheels on either side of a pair of grates.

>>163547
The two each open their eyes.

Green pony: Golden irises, with a very strong reflective blue tint throughout.

Off-white pony: dark purple, mostly opaque whites
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163549
163550
>>163548
Silver turns his flashlight off.

"Flare off excess gas, we need to prevent explosion."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163550
163551
>>163549
"That's what I've been saying!" The off-white one takes a breath, and is already on his way away.

The green one's mouth hangs open slightly as he sits down, tail wrapping around.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163551
163552
>>163550
Silver goes up to the green one, and offers a hoof for him to get up.

"Come with me, I have task for you."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163552
163553
>>163551
He is breathing heavily.
“But… the gas must flow.”
[1d2 = 1]

Hmmmm…. Roll diplomacy
fa0e80d
?
No.163553
163554
[1d20-1 = (15-1) = 14]
>>163552
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163554
163555
>>163553
He closes his mouth, and takes Silver’s hoof
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163555
163556
>>163554
Silver pulls him up. He turns to his son to talk to him quickly.

"Spec, if you are well enough can you scout around area, make sure it is safe?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163556
163557
>>163555
Spec nods sharply. His neck is still wounded, as is his wing, but he looks like he can move well.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163557
163558
>>163556
Silver nods, and takes the colt out of sight. Once he does, he turns to the green pony.

"Alright, be honest: you are changeling, yes?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163558
163560
>>163557
His eyes widen, his pupils become smaller, and his ears fall down.

"N-no I'm not."
He sort of smacks his lips after speaking, as if trying to wet them
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163560
163561
>>163558
"Listen, if you are, this is your out. Unlike my son, I do not like to shoot unarmed opponents, including changelings. You can go to your brethren confident in knowing you have done your part."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163561
163562
>>163560
Now, he opens his mouth, and Silver can hear a sound of breathing in. He moves back, until his tail makes contact with the steel case of the unit.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163562
163564
>>163561
Silver tilts his head.

"I am being serious, just be honest with me."
Amber Sunset
b444421
?
No.163563
163564
>>163548
Amber positions the pile of blankets–and herself–between the metal device and the wall so that it's hidden for the most part, and a casual glance would suggest these were tossed there for storage.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163564
163565 163592
>>163562
"Eye, eh, um..."
His mouth closes, and then his lips become relaxed and straighter. He makes a slow breath out his nose. Then he speaks in a voice that sounds alien, not only for the accent, but for a strange quality of having two tones at once.

"The refinery and the terminal are both supposed to be destroyed. If necessary, I along with it."

>>163563
Amber does have the difficulty of the gap between the wall and the roof. Unless she moves the machine towards one of the side walls at either end of the structure.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163565
163566
>>163564
"You are more than free to continue to try to blow it up, but I am certain you will be stopped either way. Retreating and regrouping will accomplish same thing without needlessly dying. You are clearly talented infiltrator if you made it this far without anypony before me catching on, what is point of throwing away your life when you can otherwise continue to serve Hive? There is far more war after this, and Hegemony will need every Infiltrator they need for this one."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163566
163567
>>163565
Okay, add another diplomacy roll
fa0e80d
?
No.163567
163568
[1d20-1 = (11-1) = 10]
>>163566
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163568
163569
>>163567
The creature moves to the right slowly, seemingly trying to find a position where he can move back without running into steel. He keeps his eyes focused on Silver.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163569
163570
>>163568
"And I will freely admit, if my son finds out, he will not be willing to let you go. I am giving you chance. I pray to Great Mother you take it."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163570
163571
>>163569
Okay, one last opportunity through dialogue or a roll
fa0e80d
?
No.163571
[1d20-1 = (14-1) = 13]
>>163570
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163572
163573
He speaks
"I did not like our orders. To die for it."

The creature moves to the right, and moves to the right, and moves to the right, until there is nothing behind him. Then he turns around, and gallops off, tail down low.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163573
163574
>>163572
Silver nods in his direction as he leaves, happy he chose this path. Silver returns to where he left Spec and the white pony, seeing how the two are doing.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163574
163575
>>163573
Overhead, Silver hears a loud swoosh sound. It's almost like the sound of burning gas, waving and disrupted in the wind. Overhead, a plane flies, and then another one with the same roaring swoosh sound. It's low and close enough that Silver can see the tin can-like design, the angled back wings, the gaping hole where the prop out to be, the yellow stripes, and the rows of rockets under the wings. As it moves further, Silver can hear the distant sounds of multiple machine guns.

Further away, and almost in the same direction as Silver saw the green pony run off to, although a little to the left, Silver can see Spec along with the off-white pony next to a unit with many more pipes, and a tall, thin chimney.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163575
163576
>>163574
For a couple of seconds, Silver wonders at the rocket-powered plane before the sound of machine guns snaps him back to reality. He gallops over to his son and the worker.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163576
163577
>>163575
Spec and the pony each turn heavy valves, standing on their hind hooves to do so, and closing their eyes. As this is complete, Silver can hear the sound of gas burning above them.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163577
163578
>>163576
Silver moves to help them, figuring three ponies is better than two.

"Things must be heating up, if we are sending in those rocket...plane...things."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163578
163579
>>163577
The entire complex is a byzantine labyrinth of pipes. There are enough valves for Silver to turn.

Spec looks over at Silver
"Good to see you back." But he turns his head back to the unit, and to the next valve. "Yeah, close air support. You can tell central command doesn't give a damn about spooking civilians. I don't know if there is anything more the changelings could do to send the ponies into a state of fear than what the Republic is doing."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163579
163580
>>163578
"I heard machinegun fire. Perhaps changeling agents in city are moving into open warfare."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163580
163581
>>163579
“Yeah, it seems like it. They are all coming out into the light now. And the Homeguard is responding with heavy weaponry of its own.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163581
163582
>>163580
"This will mean lots of heavy casualities." He looks off in the distance at nothing in particular. "I hope Pear and foals are okay..."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163582
163583
>>163581
“It makes me wonder if high command new what was going to happen.” He pauses, and places a hoof on his fathers back.

“They are off to safety on the other side of the peninsula. We fight the i literature here, so they can’t get to her - to them - over there.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163583
163584
>>163582
Silver turns to the white pony.

"How many more flares need to be turned on?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163584
163585
>>163583
“The flare is already on. It’s valves at the units that need to be turned.” He pauses. “I can get from here.” Then he slowly turns his body, and looks directly at Silver. “Thank you… back there. I thought it was the end. I thought I was going down with them.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163585
163586
>>163584
Silver smiles at the pony.

"It was nothing, just doing our jobs. But you are welcome. Do you need us to stick around and help or do you have it from here?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163586
163587
>>163585
“No I… I think it’s clear here. I hope.” He answers, swallowing. “Most of security is gone. Hard to tell but… I’ve got it.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163587
163588
>>163586
"There is still guard left. It is not much but if you need somepony, he is there." He pats the pony's shoulder. "Finish this and then get yourself to safety. My son and I are going to rejoin fight against changelings."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163588
163589
>>163587
“Okay. Yes… and thank you again.” He says, thing out heavily and repeatedly, as if letting out suppressed fear that only now has the time to come to the surface.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163589
163590
>>163588
Silver nods, at turns to Spec.

"Let us go, rest of Homeguard needs help."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163590
163591
>>163589
Spec nods sharply, and the two go back to the car
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163591
163691 163692
>>163590
Silver takes the radio, and listens in on communications for who is asking for help.
Amber Sunset
13f6f75
?
No.163592
163594
>>163564
Then Amber moves the machine quietly to the end farther from the searchers.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163594
163595
>>163592
This is difficult, as not only is the machine heavy and the floor rather thin, but Amber doesn't know if there is anygriffin downstairs who could hear the commotion. All the same, Amber is able to move the machine.
Amber Sunset
13f6f75
?
No.163595
163596
>>163594
Time to hide as planned.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163596
163597
>>163595
Also, roll hide (dexterity check)

Amber is fortunate that those who are after her have not prioritized checking the loft, at least yet. The commotion of her moving the machine and the blankets has prevented Amber from assessing the situation outside.
Amber Sunset
13f6f75
?
No.163597
163598 163599
>>163596
[1d20+2 = (10+2) = 12]
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163598
163599 163600
6247426.png
>>163597
Amber has settled herself in the pile of blankets behind the machine when she hears movement downstairs, and then a minute later, knocking at the end of the room. Amber can tell pretty quickly why it has taken several minutes for them to come to her - they search together, rather than splitting up. Amber can here the sounds of one entering the top, then silence, and then the sound of him coming up, and another quickly following. She can hear them speak

"Look around"
"What is this?"
"I don't know."
"Does it look like anyone has used this?"

[1d20 = 13]
[1d20 = 11]
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163599
163600
>>163597
>>163598
Amber can hear them coming closer, and
"Does it look like anyone has lived in this?"
"With the blankets, maybe."

If Amber is looking outside at all, she can see that a light is shined in her area, although the inspection is cursory. She can hear the sound of the straw being disassembled and removed.

"Nothing in here."
"A drifter may have been living here"
"You can't say that. It could have been the Princess."
"As I said, a drifter."

And then they move closer to Amber
"What is this?"
"Some kind of... I don't know what that is"
But then a third voice speaks up. An older voice
"That's a tilt table"

Amber can hear them taking a closer look at the machine, and then the blankets behind.

"I don't see anything. Or hear anything."

And now, she hears a fourth voice
"We hear the car."

This is all the intruders need to vacate the loft.

After some seconds, Amber is alone again.
Amber Sunset
13f6f75
?
No.163600
163601
>>163598
>>163599
Wew. That was close, too close. Amber waits until they're far enough that they won't hear the floorboards creak, and tentatively looks out before leaving the pile of blankets. She looks below the loft and, if it's clear, goes downstairs to better ascertain what's going on.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163601
163602
>>163600
What makes the barn a bit more dangerous is that there may or may not be anyone downstairs at any moment, and it is hard to tell. So Amber would presumably be very slow in cautious in moving all the way across the top of the loft.

Peaking down. Amber sees no movement. From the windows, Amber can tell that it is late afternoon, but the sun is most definitely still out
Amber Sunset
13f6f75
?
No.163602
163603
>>163601
Are there any griffons staying behind in those shadows, looking for any hiders who may venture out? Part of Amber, perhaps her smarter half, wants her to stay upstairs a good while longer, as there is no conceivable way to help her friends anyway. Nonetheless, although hiding in one place may be more prudent is it really the way to go through life?

Slowly, she creeps down the stairs.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163603
163604
>>163602
Roll Spot (wisdom modifier)
Amber Sunset
13f6f75
?
No.163604
163605
>>163603
I have four ranks in Spot, that doesn't come into play?
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163605
163606
>>163604
Yes.
Amber Sunset
13f6f75
?
No.163606
163607
>>163605
[1d20+2 = (13+2) = 15]
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163607
163608
>>163606
Amber can see that the lower level seems to be vacated, although she can't really see into every stall, nor into the operation room at the end of the stable.
Amber Sunset
13f6f75
?
No.163608
163609
>>163607
Amber cannot investigate outside the barn without knowing the inside is clear. She glances into the operating room first and then each stall, careful not to expose herself.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163609
163610
>>163608
This is a little difficult, as Amber would necessarily have the walk down the center.

All the same, Amber appears to be alone in the stable, save for a couple sheep and a cow. However, there are windows to the outside that could give her away.
Amber Sunset
13f6f75
?
No.163610
163611
>>163609
Amber stays low to avoid getting spotted, and is grateful the livestock don't seem to mind her presence. She glances out one of the windows to see what's going on.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163611
163612
>>163610
Looking out the back side nearer the house… Amber sees nothing… except one vehicle that seems to be a police vehicle.
Amber Sunset
13f6f75
?
No.163612
163613
>>163611
So that's what they came in on. Are there other windows that give a better view of the house?
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163613
163614
>>163612
Windows on the right side of the barn. At least at the moment, there is no movement at the house.
Amber Sunset
13f6f75
?
No.163614
163615
>>163613
Has Amber any idea where the police went? They mentioned something about a car.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163615
163616
>>163614
Amber does not where they went.
Amber Sunset
13f6f75
?
No.163616
163617
>>163615
Amber looks back to the police car. Are there any griffons near that?
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163617
163618
>>163616
No.
Amber Sunset
13f6f75
?
No.163618
163619
>>163617
First checking to see that there is no griffon in the line of sight, Amber climbs through the window to the police car.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163619
163620
>>163618
Alright…. Roll Spot again.
Amber Sunset
13f6f75
?
No.163620
163621
>>163619
[1d20+2 = (20+2) = 22]
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163621
163622
>>163620
Out of the corner of her right eye, Amber can see that the veterinarian owner of the house has left the house, and is standing facing away from the house maybe 50 feet away.
Amber Sunset
13f6f75
?
No.163622
163623
>>163621
That is odd, very odd. Amber doesn't like the look of that. Probably not a good idea to approach the veterinarian if the area is open. And the house is a worse idea considering the police probably went inside. She goes over to the side of the police car away from the house and quietly opens the door to look inside.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163623
163624
>>163622
So Amber is venturing out into the open?
Amber Sunset
13f6f75
?
No.163624
163625
>>163623
Well, she hasn't seen any police looking in this direction, has she? If not, yes.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163625
163626
>>163624
https://youtu.be/7w6ScNOR6FE

Alright. Roll die. Move silently (dexterity modifier)

[1d20 = 14]
Amber Sunset
13f6f75
?
No.163626
163627
>>163625
[1d20+2 = (8+2) = 10]
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163627
163628
>>163626
Amber steps out of the barn, walks across the dirt road and open grass towards the house, and to the police car. But behind her, she can hear talking. Talking coming from the other side of the barn, and a little further to her right.
Amber Sunset
13f6f75
?
No.163628
163629
>>163627
Amber ducks behind the police car and looks behind her.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163629
163630
>>163628
The owner of the house turns Amber’s direction. He must have heard something. But more concerning us a group of at least three griffins together. These include one officer, but also an older griffin in an otherwise inconspicuous grey fedora and trench coat, and a familiar face - Helm. The three are positioned a little ways past the barn, and seem to be looking at some other sight blocked from line of sight from Amber by the barn.
Amber Sunset
13f6f75
?
No.163630
163631
>>163629
Helm! No doubt he has betrayed them after all this. Amber's insides roil with disgust at such treachery. Keeping an eye on them, she opens the police car door and looks inside.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163631
163632
>>163630
[1d20 = 10]
Well, it’s a car. The upholstery is minimal, and if there are any weapons inside, they are not by the driver’s seat.

[1d5 = 1]
Amber Sunset
13f6f75
?
No.163632
163633 163639 163640
>>163631
Would it be possible for Amber to start the car?
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163633
>>163632
Hmmm….
I have to go to sleep. I will reply tomorrow
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163639
244131.jpeg
>>163632
[1d2 = 2]
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163640
163643
>>163632
The keys have been removed from the car, if it even has assisted ignition.
Amber Sunset
e8e1722
?
No.163643
163644
>>163640
Very unfavorable. Amber searches the car for anything useful.
[1d20+3 = (7+3) = 10]
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163644
163645
>>163643
A single pair of cuffs, a baton, some receipts, a notebook, one whistle, and what seems to be a loaded magazine for an automatic pistol.
Amber Sunset
e36bda9
?
No.163645
163646
>>163644
Amber grabs the cuffs, baton, whistle, magazine, and notebook. Has she been spotted yet?
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163646
163647
>>163645
It looks like the owner of the house noticed. As for the officers and Helm, Amber can't tell right now.
Amber Sunset
e36bda9
?
No.163647
163648
>>163646
Amber looks to the vet and puts her claw to her beak to indicate keeping quiet. She hides behind the car and listens intensely for the adversaries.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163648
163649
>>163647
Amber can see why they take such interest - they have found the car, evidently hidden in a stack of hay. A pair of other officers move in from out of line of sight, and closer to the car. The fedora wearing grey officer says something to the black clothed police, and they nod and move out. It looks like at least one may be coming towards the house.
Amber Sunset
e36bda9
?
No.163649
163650
>>163648
Would Amber be able to move back to the barn without them seeing, considering they are distracted?
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163650
163651
>>163649
I think you know who knows
It's the dice. The dice know.

For what it's worth, the police are concentrated to the left of the barn (north west) and not so much to Amber's right (the southeast).
Amber Sunset
e36bda9
?
No.163651
163652 163653
>>163650
Move silently:
[1d20+3 = (2+3) = 5]
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163652
>>163651
[1d20 = 16]
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163653
163654
>>163651
Amber can not at all be sure that she did not gain the attention of the officers
Amber Sunset
e36bda9
?
No.163654
163655
>>163653
It's too late for caution, Amber climbs through one of the windows and hides in a livestock stall.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163655
163656
>>163654
Off screen: [1d20 = 6] [1d20 = 2]

Any particular approach to hiding?
Amber Sunset
e36bda9
?
No.163656
163657 163659
>>163655
Amber hides behind one of the stall walls and waits with a baton for one of them to come by.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163657
163658 163659
>>163656
Alright....

An officer forces open a door (as if it weren't already unlocked, and looks around). Another follows.

Amber should roll for Hide

[1d20+2 = (12+2) = 14]

[1d20+2 = (2+2) = 4]
Amber Sunset
e36bda9
?
No.163658
>>163657
[1d20+2 = (19+2) = 21]
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163659
163660
>>163656
>>163657
To clarfy...

One officer enters into the stable at the far left side, near the entry to the loft. The other, which Amber cannot see, enters through a door into the operations room on the far right side. While the doorway is open between them, it's still essentially two separate rooms.

Only one officer is in the stable. He seems to take the strategy of moving away and looking into a stall on the opposite side, and then moving around to try to examine the other one at a distance. He seems to have at least somewhat anticipated the possibility of being ambushed from behind a stall wall. What he has gained in caution, he lacks in perceptiveness. He does not notice Amber, at least until Amber is in direct line of sight.
Amber Sunset
e36bda9
?
No.163660
163661
>>163659
These are smart enemies. Amber stays where she is.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163661
163662
>>163660
Is Amber going to wait until he would be damn near looking at her? Does she have something special to hide behind?
Amber Sunset
e36bda9
?
No.163662
163663
>>163661
What's in the stable? Amber can hide behind an animal or a piece of machinery, depending on what's in there.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163663
163664
>>163662
The doors are low, but still present. Aside from the doors the rails next to the central walkway are spaced apart enough to be seen through. There is some bedding straw, a few pails, and one or two livestock blankets. There are also sheep and a cow.
Amber Sunset
e36bda9
?
No.163664
163665
>>163663
Amber crouches behind the sheep, careful not to disturb it. She raises her claw to her beak in a gesture of silence.

This is a universe where cows and sheep are sapient, right?
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163665
163666 163667
>>163664
If it is, then it is a universe where cows and sheep are racist against griffins
[1d2 = 1]
[1d2 = 1]

Well, Amber is definitely not noticed before the final approach to the stall. But how well hidden is she from the front?

Roll Hide
[1d20+2 = (6+2) = 8]
Amber Sunset
e36bda9
?
No.163666
163667
>>163665
[1d20+2 = (17+2) = 19]
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163667
163668
>>163665
>>163666
The sheep nods, evidently not enthusiastic to be a shield in a firefight. Or maybe he's just a sheep.

The officer looks directly into the stall. Between the opaque door, the straw on the ground, the sheep, and above all, the officer's unwillingness to come close to any potential hidden danger, the officer does not start immediately shooting into the stall. He moves around to look into the stall on the other side.
Amber Sunset
e36bda9
?
No.163668
163669
>>163667
Is the officer now close to the door, facing away?
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163669
163670
>>163668
He is off to Amber's left and kind of in front of the wall that separates the stalls, but he is closer than he was before, yes.
Amber Sunset
e36bda9
?
No.163670
163671
>>163669
Let's call it here while I consider my next course of action.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163671
1596950361081.png
>>163670
sits

waits
Shimmering Spark
c3f40f0
?
No.163672
I will be free tomorrow.
Shimmering Spark
c3f40f0
?
No.163677
163678
We left Spark in the forest after returning with Wellspring.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163678
163679
>>163677
Yes. Presumably the set of them want to go to... the Zagaskway village?
Shimmering Spark
c3f40f0
?
No.163679
163680
>>163678
I think so.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163680
163681 163687
>>163679
Wait. Is the doctor going with him?
Shimmering Spark
c3f40f0
?
No.163681
>>163680
Yes.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163686
163692
(You) are all cute ponies
Shimmering Spark
c3f40f0
?
No.163687
>>163680
Maybe we can pick back up tomorrow.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163691
163692
>>163591
The radio immediately opens up with what sounds like a news broadcast in progress. The broadcaster has a more or less Fillydelphian accent:

"- Intercity travel is expected to be restricted until further notice, with civilian travel only with State approval. Mail transit is suspended for a period of seven days, after which intercity mail transit is expected to be limited. In what they say is a necessary step to prevent sabotage, the Committee of Public Safety has suspended intercity telephone calls.

Reports show that businesses and schools across the land are shutting down for the day, even in areas not subject to evacuations, in anticipation of Changeling retaliation. Many towns and cities have declared martial law to root out or suppress the activities of saboteurs. The Committee of Public Safety has ordered the Home Guard into a ready position and asks all ponies with military experience above the age of 28 to join. Already, many instances of fighting between Changeling infiltrators and Home Guard have been reported on Equus in strategic areas like rail junctions.

All cities on Equus with a population above 125,000 have been ordered to evacuate until an all clear is given. The Directorate characterizes this move as a precaution against possible but not necessarily imminent retaliation. The risk is moderate, the Directorate states, but it has taken every precaution including the stockpiling of grain supplies, medicine, and fuel. The Directorate has also issued an order extending National Service and recalling those who have previously served and do not meet exemptions back into service.

The Republic has started bombardment of Changeling positions all along the border between Free and Occupied Equestria, and the first aerial combat has taken place in the skies above. Early reports suggest the Republic has taken control of most of the airspace, with some areas contested. An attitude of jubilance has swept across the pony republics, tempered in many areas by fear reprisal. In several of the non-pony republics, however, there are rumors of protests and resistance. One source states the Sister Republics of Puimont, Asterion, and Falcor showed hesitation in joining the war. Rumors circulate of Imperial, Abyssianian, or Arissian intervention, but nothing has been confirmed.

This is Friend of the Ponies keeping you updated on the situation as it develops. Long Live the Republic."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163692
163693
>>163686
no u

>>163691
>>163591
Spectral Streak is in no hurry to change the station away from the news broadcast, letting it play. And as it plays, the car continues through the maze of the refinery, and back into the city, heading generally east, away from the water, and towards the center of the city. The vehicle drives past still more distillation towers, and what seem to be various smaller, connected petro-chemical plants. When the broadcast is over, Streak changes the channel.

"We've entered the first floor of the Administrative Building. Fire support cleared out the machine gun nests. Still facing heavy resistance."
"Keep it up."
"Ashborn is still congested, but things are clearing up."

Spectral Streak himself speaks into the radio
"Just stopped infiltrators at the Celestial Oil Refinery. Civilian Casualties, but its clear." He lets off of the button

"Coffin Bay Road has no activity, except some unruly civilians. Situation normal."

"Anyone heard from the transport Ministry?"
"This is uh, this is Transport Ministry. All clear"
"You sure? Any problems?"
"No problems, no."
"Hey, we have buggers pinned down at WMARE Television station. We cannot dislodge them."
"Do you need airsupport?"
"We may. We have civilians here though. Multiple hostages and nearby residential."
"If it's necessary its necessary, we have authorization."
"Hey, has anyone heard from Jasmine Flower Station? The Meadowbrook Line seems to have stopped."
"No, we haven't heard anything. Maybe they forgot to check in?"
"Bullshit they forgot. Train was supposed to be here already."
"It's only been a few minutes, maybe it'll come-"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163693
163694
>>163692
"Hostages at television station? They need rescued!"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163694
163695
>>163693
Spectral Streak hangs in silence for a moment - only a moment - and then places the mouthpiece up to his mouth.

"This is Spectral Streak. We'll assist you at the WMARE station."
"Thank heavens! Come on over!"
"Stop by Jasmine Flower, that's on the way I think. From the refinery, right?"
"Yeah. We'll drive by. It's only a few blocks out of the way."
"Copy that. And good job, by the way. That refinery couldn't take any fire support."
"Just don't take too long. WMARE needs you."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163695
163696
>>163694
"'Jasmine Flower'? Is that pony or locatuon?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163696
163702
>>163695
"I think it was a pony, but now it's a train station. Or something like that." He answers
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163702
163705
>>163696
"Well then, let us be on our way. I wonder what it is that we need to go out of way for."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163705
163706
>>163702
Spectral Streak shrugs, picks up the mouthpiece, and asks
"Hey uh, this is Streak heading towards Jasmine Flower. What exactly are we looking for?"

A voice responds
"The train hasn't arrived at the northern terminal. Jasmine Flower is silent. Make sure something hasn't happened."
And then another voice chimes in
"Hey uh, I've sent a train north from Healing Station. Bridge is showing a red light."
"When did you do that?"
"About three minutes ago"
"Don't send trains against traffic."
"The bridge has a red light. The whole Meadowbrook line north of the river is green, including Jasmine Flower. There could be sabotage on the bridge."
"Send a team to check out the bridge, but hold up the train. Don't send trains from south of the city center north."
"The line is green. If they are right about retaliation I don't think we have the time to hold up trains-"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163706
163708
>>163705
"If they were going to retaliate blowing up bridge would have been among first things they would do. First step is crippling enemy's ability to respond and move troops and supplies to where battle is."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163708
163709
>>163706
"Yeah, looks like they already attacked one bridge across the river. They may have sabotaged a second. Anyways, let's see what they want here."

Spectral Streak drives the car further east, away from the harbor, away from the chemical plants, and out of Cowtown into Eastside, the section of the city Silver first came to when he entered Manufacturing plants still line at least some streets, along with trucks and railways that cut across. But these slowly, and certainly, give way to apartment buildings that take up much of a block, and are between four and six stories in height. Most seem relatively new with bright brick or concrete, though more than a few are of an older design that might be familiar to Silver. The buildings actually get older the further away from the harbor Silver goes, in stark contrast to Silver's prior experience of Baltimare.

Spectral Streak drives to an Avenue marked as being Traveller Street, a street in Eastside that traverses North to South, and turns North. Silver can immediately see something that he can't recall having ever seen in Baltimare anywhere - an elevated subway line in the center of the avenue. The avenue itself seems to have changed, or have been expanded, and along the east side of the avenue, almost no buildings are old. The subway is elevated 18 or so feet up, usually in between two two lane roadways, and sometimes to the left. Its in one of those areas where the track moves off to the left, and the roadways come together, that Spectral Streak comes to stop at Jasmine Flower Station. The train station is a simple covered platform and rail with a small ticket booth, located about 20 feet above the roadway. The roadway has a crossing section, but also a narrow pedestrian bridge that goes from across the avenue directly to the train station, and ends at one end of the platform. The other end of the platform has a simple walkway that goes directly up towards it from the left side of the street. The station is covered by a green painted wooden cover, and thus most of the inside is not visible. More becomes visible about this location as Silver nears

Silver can immediately see, however, that there are a number of cars alongside the roadway parked here. This would not e abnormal, except that the evacuations have largely cleared out cars elsewhere. Coming closer, Silver can see that along the right side of the street is a police car hastily parked facing away north. Along the west side, there is something pouring an opaque white gas a little further north. And Silver can also see that there is a subway train parked on the rails, half in the station and half along the single-track north of it.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163709
163710
>>163708
Silver marvels at the advanced above-ground subway line, something he only ever heard about before in the biggest cities like Canterlot and Manehattan. His marvel is cut short by the sight of the cars, and of the gas. He double checks that they have gas masks in case it's poisonous, remembering how dangerous gas can be.

"Something is not right with this."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163710
163711
>>163709
They do indeed have gas masks.
"Yeah, it's a little off."
Spectral Streak slows down the car as they near the station, trying to find a specific place to pull over with all of the cars
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163711
163712
>>163710
Silver makes sure to add his to equipment, and he brings his Jenny up in case they get set upon by waiting changelings.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163712
163713
>>163711
If changelings are waiting, they haven’t made themselves known. The row of cars is thick, with the police car partly in the street. Spectral Streak simply places the car in park in the right most lane. Silver can see that multiple vehicles have shattered windshields - not from bullets, but from what seems to be impact.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163713
163714
>>163712
Silver gets out, and quickly investigates the police car first.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163714
163715
>>163713
As Silver moves closer to the cars, he sees more and more. The police car and the line of cars in front of it are parallel to the street on the right side, opposite the train station and the train.

The police car is hastily parked, jammed in behind a parallel parked car, although the small gap between the police car and the sedan in front of it shows that it was indeed placed in park, and did not drive into the car in front.

Silver can see that the drivers side window is shattered, and there are two bullet holes in the door. Silver can see a grey unicorn with blue uniform and cap slumped over the wheel, with blood across the seat. One hoof is on the steering wheel, and another on the handbrake. Looking over to the right, the right passenger side door is open, although that window, too, is shattered. There is a small trail of blood that moves from the seat, to behind the car in front of it. And to the right of that sedan, on the sidewalk, Silver can see a yellow pegasus in blue uniform slumped over, having bled out over the side walk. There are bullet holes going right through the steel rear of the sedan, and shattered rear windows even as the front windows are untocuhed.

In front of these two cars is a third, bright yellow car with a very odd site. The large rear window is completely shattered as if it hit an animal. No holes save one near the middle, nor has the glass broken away as it has in the other two cars where it seems bullets him. And immediately to the right of the car, in an inglorious pose, is a green pegasus stallion laying limp on the ground. No blood except a very small amount out of his mouth., left wing extended, right wing unceremoniously half folded, and limbs strewn about in every direction. One eye is closed, and the other is half open and rolled up.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163715
163716
>>163714
Silver alerts Spec to the presence of bodies and bullet holes before going to check the ponies' vitals.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163716
163717
>>163715
Dead, dead, and dead. The third pony is perhaps the strangest, as he didn’t seem to have much blood circulation by the time he arrived in his current position, judging by the lack of blood. The third pony has no bullet wounds. The two police officers each have three of four wounds. The bullets seem to have travelled straight through glass, steel, and flesh, and then out the other side.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163717
163718
>>163716
"Was this pegasus dead in air before he crashed?"

Silver next investigates the strange hole in the back window of the yellow car.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163718
163719
>>163717
The hole is at the center of the cracked glass. It's hard to say whether this was the point of impact, or whether it was simply that the glass bent here more than in the glass further from the center, and thus broke away. Looking at the back of the car, nothing broke through, though some glass has fallen in.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163719
163720
>>163718
"What do you make of this, Spec?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163720
163721
>>163719
Spectral Streak gets out of the car, and moves along the sidewalk.

"These two got ambushed from the left. Barely had time to react, no cover. And this one" He points to the pegasus. "Fell out of the sky and died. Or died and fell out of the sky."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163721
163722
>>163720
"And giant hole in rear windshield?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163722
163723
>>163721
“Stallion must have landed on the windshield and bounced off.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163723
163724
>>163722
"Still seems...odd."

Silver looks down the alley, seeing if there's tire tracks from the police car reversing out of it rapidly or if it was ambushed in its current position.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163724
163725
>>163723
The vehicle seems to have parked in its current position when it was ambushed.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163725
163726
>>163724
Silver readies his Jenny.

"Come on, let us investigate platform. Changelings that did this may still be here."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163726
163727
>>163725
But Silver sees that this is not the end of it. Silver can see further down another downed Pegasus. Over on the other side, by the tracks, more than one pony lying on the ground and another busted windshield. The train itself has busted windows in some cars, and a grey smoke that seeps out the open windows, while grey smoke (gas) seeps out of an unknown something beneath the track.

All the same, Silver (presumably) approaches
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163727
163728
>>163726
Silver puts on his gas mask as he approaches. Even if it limits visibility it's far better than dying from poisonous gas, which to Silver seems to be what is billowing out of the train.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163728
163729
>>163727
Silver turns to the left to see someone already looking back at him.

On the stairs on the right side, entering into Jasmine Station, Silver can see a pony in an olive green uniform, khaki pants, and a green cap - the standard somewhat impromptu dress of the Homeguard. The pony is a coffee brown unicorn, and he too wears a green and black gas mask, and with magic holds a Jenny battle rifle in a semi-ready position.

"Who are you?" He calls to Silver and Spectral Streak
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163729
163730
>>163728
Silver keeps his Jenny at the ready, in case he turns hostile.
"Silver Sword, Homeguard. You?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163730
163731
>>163729
He seems to wait, or hesitate a moment, but then answers "Gritty Grief." He doesn't seem very happy to see Silver and Spectral Streak

"We are Homeguard. We've only just arrived here."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163731
163732
>>163730
Silver asks Spec to pass him his flashlight as he slowly approaches Gritty.

"What is situation here?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163732
163733
>>163731
Gritty watches Silver as the two approach. It quickly becomes apparent that there are at least two other stallions above and behind them. Both also wear Homeguard uniforms (the khakis aren't a part of a formal uniform, but they fit into the style, more or less) and both have battle rifles.

"Looks like Changeling infiltrators attacked the station. We only just confirmed the station is clear when we got here."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163733
163734
>>163732
"Hmm. Do you mind if we check something really quick?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163734
163735
>>163733
“I might. How do I know you are not changelings?”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163735
163736
>>163734
"We were about to test you on that, actually."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163736
163737
>>163735
Spectral Streak whispers to Silver:
“And what will you do if he is a Changeling? Get shot by the other two?”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163737
163738
>>163736
Silver whispers back:
"Better to know they are changelings when we get shot than get shot in back."

He turns again to Gritty, flashlight in his magical grasp.
"May I?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163738
163739
>>163737
“May I what? He asks back
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163739
163740
>>163738
"Just hold still and keep your eyes open."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163740
163741
>>163739
Gritty stands still, and evidently submits. But there is no question, the other two ponies have their battle rifles trained respectively on Silver and Streak
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163741
163742
>>163740
Silver shines the flashlight in the eyes of Gritty.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163742
163743
>>163741
Purple eyes that reflect back blue, the distinction between whites and the iris being non-existent.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163743
163744
>>163742
Silver nods to him, and turns his flashlight off. As he looks at Spec, eyes facing away from the disguised changeling, he gives him a look of clear alarm and warning.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163744
163745
>>163743
Spec looks back at Silver. He does not nod, nor reveal much on his face or in his posture

Gritty:
“And?”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163745
163746
>>163744
Silver turns back around, face returning to neutral as he does so.

"...you are good."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163746
163747
>>163745
He moves away, slowly.
"The train was a mess when we came. I wouldn't recommend going in there."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163747
163748
>>163746
"Yes, I see that...looks like poison gas?"

Silver looks at Spec, and whispers quickly:
"Ideas?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163748
163749
>>163747
"That is our theory. In a confined space. Some got outside, be careful." Gritty turns his back to Silver and Streak and starts to walk back up the stairs, but the other two ponies remain at the top, looking back at Silver and Streak

Spectral Streak doesn't have much opportunity to think or reply. He whispers
"Don't get killed."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163749
163751
>>163748
Silver continues to whisper.
"That is...idea. How do we engage this?"

Silver speaks to Gritty.
"It is travesty changelings are resorting to gas attacks on civilians."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163751
163752
>>163749
Spectral Streak does not respond, evidently because he is afraid that his whispering will be noticed by the two changelings watching them.

"Well..." Gritty has been walking away from Silver and Streak, but he pauses and turns back to Silver.

"You heard the First Consul's speech. This is a crusade to 'forever end the threat of ponykind's oldest enemy'. A war that will result in unity, or death. A war to see justice done, may the heavens fall. This little strip of land is the entrepot and manufacturing center of the whole Southeast. The 'civilians' here are workers in factories and offices... they form the muscles that beat the heart of the Equestrian war machine, and you better believe all of Equestria is or soon will be mobilized as a war machine. Could you expect anything less than a gas attack, under these circumstances? The Hegemony will put up a fight. It will not give unrequited mercy. You should probably go make sure the other roadways and stations are secure. We've got this one."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163752
163753
>>163751
Silver recognizes the out they've just been given, and nods to Gritty.

"Alright. Make sure you keep fort held down, here, we can not let changelings do anything else like this."

He turns to Spec, motioning that they should go.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163753
163754
>>163752
Spectral Streak let’s them move out of line of sight. When this happens, Streak says to Silver,
“Isn’t a train coming this way?”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163754
163755
>>163753
Silver nods, and whispers back to him as he pulls his Jenny out.

"Now we can take them out without having two rifles aimed at our heads."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163755
163756
>>163754
Spectral Streak turns his head halfway
"I suspect they will watch us, or try to..."
He likewise holds his rifle tight

The enemies seem to have pulled back into the covered, elevated train station. As stated before, it has two entries, besides the rail itself which is technically another two points of entry.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163756
163757
>>163755
"Any ideas? Take up cover in neighboring building? Full frontal assault?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163757
163758
>>163756
“Either go around back, go up the stairs, or lure them onto the tracks.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163758
163759
>>163757
Silver nods to his son.

"Let us go around back, fuck them in their bug asses."
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163759
163760
>>163758
“Heh” he smiles. “I don’t know about that.” Then he moves the rifle, and presses the fire selector switch. “But I’d love to kill these fucks. Through the back door it is.”

The two walk in the direction of the car, Spectral Streak looks around as if lost, and then starts to walk up the stairs to the pedestrian bridge that connects to the train station’s other end.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163760
163761 163762
>>163759
Silver looks back up at the train station to see if he can see the changelings watching them, before following a similar routine to his son and going up the same set of stairs that his son did.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163761
163762
EF9955C3-9AA3-407D-8EF3-836304620BC2.gif
>>163760
[1d20 = 10]
[1d20 = 17]
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163762
163763
>>163761
>>163760
Silver thinks he sees one peering at them through the left side-stairwell.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163763
163764
>>163762
Silver stops and stares intensely right at the changeling, hoping to make him uncomfortable.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163764
163765
>>163763
Roll die, charisma modifier
[1d20-1 = (7-1) = 6]
fa0e80d
?
No.163765
163766
[1d20-1 = (10-1) = 9]
>>163764
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163766
163767
>>163765
After a few awkward moments, the "pony" breaks off, and moves out of line of sight within the train station.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163767
163768
>>163766
Silver gives himself a little satisfied smile before rejoining his son.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163768
163769
>>163767
The walkway ends in a simple door that leads into the enclosed space, on the southern end of the platform, opposite the side the train protrudes out of. Silver and Spec have no way of knowing who or what might be there and where.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163769
163770
>>163768
Are there any windows or openings with which to pear through?
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163770
163773
>>163769
There are no windows anywhere on the platform. Openings are the two stairwell entry ways, and the ends of the platform where the rails come out
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163773
163774
>>163770
By opening, do you mean an open archway or a closed door?
Anonymous
d610025
?
No.163774
163775
>>163773
It’s only slightly bigger than a doorway, and the same rectangular shape. It is, however, completely open.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163775
163776
>>163774
Silver tries to get a peak in through the open doorway.
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163776
163778
>>163775
From this angle, all Silver can see is the open platform through to the other side.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163778
163779
>>163776
Silver pulls back and whispers to Spec.

"How do you want to do this? We breach, then I aim right and you aim left?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163779
163789
>>163778
“We could do it that way. If they are expecting us to come, we may have to, because they would try to flank us from behind. But if they are where they should be, they will all three of them be to the right.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163789
163797
>>163779
"So, what do we do? Both aim right, or aim in different directions?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163797
163799
>>163789
“Do you think they will expect us to come through that door?” If so, we need to aim in different directions.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163799
163801 163802
>>163797
"And they are not, it will not be too hard for us to reacauire targets."

Silver steels himself for the combat ahead.

"On three, yes?"
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163801
163802
>>163799
[1d4 = 2]
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163802
163807 163907
>>163799
>>163801
He nods
“One, two, three”

Roll Initiative

[1d20+3 = (6+3) = 9]
[1d20-2 = (10-2) = 8]
fa0e80d
?
No.163807
163808 163907 163909
[1d20+4 = (20+4) = 24]
>>163802
Anonymous
55dcf3a
?
No.163808
8D17D3AC-D371-4CDB-A376-C895EE3615A9.png
>>163807
Anonymous
7489dbd
?
No.163885
CBF9EF59-A19B-4D5B-BB52-64AAF7E8D49D.png
Soon
Anonymous
882c898
?
No.163907
163909 163910
>>163802
>>163807
As Silver moves inside of the covered train platform, he can immediately see that the platform is wooden-planked, at least twelve feet wide, and exists only on Silver’s side, the right side, of the tracks. It’s well over a hundred feet long. There are two tracks by the platform, one of which must only be used for switching as it is not adjacent to the platform. Silver can see the snub-nosed, silver colored end if the train halfway on the tracks by the end of the platform, and halfway on the track out of the station going north.

Silver can see a scene on the platform itself. There are at least five pony corpses on the platform. One is near Silver, facing him, lying on his belly just a few feet away from the rear entry. Another is a cream colored Pegasus mare with a short mane cut lying ingloriously on her side near the other exit, further down. It almost looks like she was kicked aside, so as to not be visible looking through the entrance. A purple unicorn mare faces silver on her belly, legs tucked underneath her. A beige earth pony stallion lies on his side, partly hanging off the platform, with multiple visible exit wounds. In front of him is a darker brown colt, with a yellow mane. This is what Silver can glimpse in a second, and the presence of multiple blood trails, and multiple shadows further away from his part of the platform implies the presence of more ponies, some who limped away, and some who did not.

But now, Silver faces his presumed enemies. Three alleged ponies. To his left, in front of him, and already facing him some maybe 25 feet distant, is Gritty Grief, the coffee brown unicorn wearing a gas mask, an olive green army uniform, and khakis. He has his battle rifle aimed at Silver. Further away, and evidently facing the other door near the cream colored Pegasus mare corpse, is another of the gas mask wearing “ponies,” a grey Pegasus. He is quickly turning his battle rifle towards Silver. The third creature’s position cannot be discerned. Not now.
Anonymous
e87ffef
?
No.163909
163910
>>163807
>>163907
If it wasn’t obvious, Silver has surprised them, and while at least “Gritty Grief” was expecting expecting a hostile force to come through that door, Silver is quicker.
fa0e80d
?
No.163910
163911
[1d20+6 = (9+6) = 15]
[1d20+6 = (10+6) = 16]
[1d20+6 = (10+6) = 16]
[1d20+6 = (14+6) = 20]
>>163907
>>163909
The sight of the bodies angers Silver, and steels his resolve. To commit such atrocities against civilians, innocent ponies! These changelings will pay, all of them. He will send them to the Great Mother with more holes than they started the day with.

He immediately levels the rifle at Gritty Grief upon seeing him, flips the switch to full auto, and with a roar unleashes a burst of his Jenny's kick.
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163911
163912
>>163910
tat tat tat tat
A flick of the fire selector to right, and Silver’s rifle is fully automatic. Silver lets out a four round burst. It’s his first time to fire the Jenny fully automatic. The gun is a full pound lighter than the old service rifles, and with a vastly more powerful cartridge than the submachine guns he’s fired before. You could say th rifle kicks like a mule, but it’s a bit of a lighter touch than that. Like a female mule.

With only a very short distance between Silver and Gritty, at least three of the four shots hit, with the first perhaps being low.
fa0e80d
?
No.163912
163913 163914
[2d8 = 14]
[2d8 = 9]
[2d8 = 4]
>>163911
It kicks...like a Jenny.
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163913
163914
>>163912
Silver can see a small splatter of blood out of gritty, and then a smaller one, and another small ripple. The first shot seems to have hit something important. He stumbles, and falls down.

[1d20+2 = (14+2) = 16]
[1d20+2 = (11+2) = 13]

[1d20 = 15]
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163914
163915
>>163912
>>163913
But the other creature turns towards Silver, and fires his own gun
[b]Tat tat tat tat tat tat[b/]

[1d20 = 4]
[1d20 = 2]
[1d20 = 11]
[1d20 = 17]
[1d20 = 13]
[1d20 = 12]
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163915
163916 163917 163918
>>163914
Definitely a hit there
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163916
163917 163919
>>163915
Silver feels a firm, sharp pain beneath his otherwise protective layer of floof.
[2d8 = 13]
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163917
163918 163919
>>163915
>>163916
A bullet has shot right through his protective jacket and has caused fairly significant injury. Fortunately the other shots have missed, though Silver certainly heard at least some of them as they wizzed past.
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163918
163919
>>163917
>>163915
Silver gets the next shot
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163919
163920
>>163916
>>163917
>>163918
The sharp pain makes him take in a gasp of air, but it only makes it worse. He worries it may have hit a lung.

Through the pain, he aims for the grey pegasus and lets loose what he thinks is a burst of fire. Two shots are let loose from the end of his Jenny's barrel before he hears a distinct sound of a gun running on empty. If possible, he pushes through the intense pain to make for the cover of the train.
fa0e80d
?
No.163920
163921 163923
[1d20+6 = (1+6) = 7]
[1d20+6 = (3+6) = 9]
>>163919
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163921
163922 163923
>>163920
Miss
Silver misses both shots. Gun is empty, bolt holds open.

[1d20+2 = (9+2) = 11]
[1d20+2 = (20+2) = 22]
[1d20+2 = (9+2) = 11]
[1d20+2 = (19+2) = 21]
[1d20+2 = (4+2) = 6]
[1d20+2 = (8+2) = 10]
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163922
163924 163925
>>163921
Oof...
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163923
163924
>>163921
>>163920
A wave of shots, and two hit Silver’s assailant.
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163924
163925
>>163923
>>163922
[2d8 = 9]
[2d8 = 10]
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163925
163926
>>163924
>>163922
The creature is at least wounded, and stumbles.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163926
163927
>>163925
The creatures they're fighting, are they on the platform same as Silver and Spec are, or are they separated by train tracks?
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163927
163928
>>163926
It’s all the same platform. Maybe a dead body or so, but otherwise there is nothing separating them.
fa0e80d
?
No.163928
163929
[1d20+10 = (5+10) = 15]
>>163927
Silver knows this is going to hurt, but the alternatives are reloading in the open or diving for cover and leaving Spec exposed. He braces himself for pain, thanks the foresight to affix his bayonet earlier, and charges the grey pegasus.
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163929
163931 163932
>>163928
Silver charges forward towards the perhaps unsuspecting creature, and hits it in the neck above the jacket and below the mask. Silver can’t see the creature’s facial expression because of the mask. But from the way it stands there, leaning to reduce the weight on a wounded leg, staring at Silver as he charges, he must surely have been surprised.
fa0e80d
?
No.163931
163932 163933 163934 163935
[1d6 = 6]
>>163929
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163932
163933 163935
>>163931
>>163929
And Silver stabs it into the creature’s neck. Right before him, it flashes green, and when the flash recedes, those parts that were grey fur are now chitinous black. Blue blood slowly starts to seep out of the wound. It starts to fall backwards, and then down onto its legs.
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163933
163934 163936
>>163931
>>163932
[1d2 = 1]

[1d20 = 12]
[1d20 = 19]
[1d20 = 8]
[1d20 = 1]
[1d20 = 1]
[1d20 = 20]
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163934
163935 163936
>>163931
>>163933
[1d20 = 17]

[2d8 = 9]
[2d8 = 11]
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163935
163936
>>163934
>>163932
>>163931
But silver has no time to celebrate as he is hit twice in the side.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163936
163937
>>163933
>>163934
>>163935
Silver stumbles, and falls halfway down onto his side. He's not yet dead or dying, but it feels like it. Silver has been hurt bad. His lung has definitely been hit, judging from how much it hurts to move or even take a breath. Blood begins to leak from him at an alarming rate, staining his fur and armor crimson. His vision starts to go a little blurry as he looks for his mystery assailant.
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163937
163938 163939
>>163936
Normally this would be straightforward, but these are exceptional circumstances.

Roll spot.
fa0e80d
?
No.163938
163939
[1d20+4 = (8+4) = 12]
>>163937
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163939
163941
>>163938
>>163937
Silver can see that his assailant came from a shot out window inside of the train, two cars down.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163941
163942
>>163939
Is there a way for Silver to get out of the sightlines of the changeling?
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163942
163943
>>163941
Silver is almost immediately next to the front entrance, though the angle means he’d want to get halfway down if of more to be sure he’s out of line of sight.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163943
163944
>>163942
How far is the train?
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163944
163945
>>163943
The end is only a few tens of feet away.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163945
163946 163947
>>163944
Silver decides that of the options currently available to him, the best in his current state is likely to play dead and hope the changeling thinks he has succumbed to his own wounds. Perhaps then he'll get a chance to reload his Jenny when his focus goes elsewhere.

Silver's legs visibly shake, and he collapses into the small pool of blood forming beneath him. He stares blankly ahead, as if looking at something nopony else can see, and halts his breathing. Internally, he prays to Celestia the changeling will buy it. He did, after all, get shot three times this engagement.
Anonymous
e87ffef
?
No.163946
163947
>>163945
SILVER!

Tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat tat
[1d20+2 = (2+2) = 4]
[1d20+2 = (3+2) = 5]
[1d20+2 = (20+2) = 22]
[1d20+2 = (9+2) = 11]
[1d20+2 = (12+2) = 14]
[1d20 = 2]
[1d20 = 16]
[1d20 = 16]
[1d20 = 14]
[1d20 = 16]
[1d20-2 = (16-2) = 14]
[1d20-2 = (13-2) = 11]
[1d20-2 = (17-2) = 15]
[1d20-2 = (4-2) = 2]
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163947
163948
>>163945
>>163946
After a solid second and a half of shooting, Silvers hears clopping, and then is jerked
Silver! Are you okay?!
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163948
163949
>>163947
Evidently, from all of the shooting, Spec must have laid into the remaining changeling with everything he had. Suspecting that currently there are no remaining opponents, he allows himself to start breathing again and looks at his son with a weak smile.

"No...but I am alive."

The unicorn coughs up some blood and groans in pain. He is in a sorry state. He is bleeding profusely from three fresh bullet holes, and the puddle of his own blood that he laid down in has stained a good portion of the floofy pony. Despite his light grey coat, Spec can swear his father looks pale.

"Get me up...I do not...think I can...on my own."
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163949
163950
>>163948
“You’re alive!”
Silver’s son, an old man now in his own right, hugs him. He takes a moment, then pulls away.
“Uh, yes.”
He helps him up.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163950
163951
>>163949
Silver strains and groans to get up on all four hooves, but with his son's help he does. Standing, he hugs his son tight, even at the risk of staining his coat with his own blood.

"I am sorry to...frighten you. Thought playing dead...give me moment to reload, take bastard...bug out."
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163951
163952
>>163950
“Are you sure? You’re bleeding.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163952
163953
>>163951
He lets go of his son, clearly still a bit unsteady on his four legs and still clearly bleeding profusely.

"Well...it may have only been half-playing dead..."
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163953
163954
>>163952
“Oh… heh. You really need help though.” He says, moving back, and smiling awkwardly.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163954
163955
>>163953
"Yes...can you search bodies for ammunition? I need to...report massacre over radio. Get instructions."
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163955
163956
>>163954
“Uh… yes…” he moves away, and over to the downed Changeling.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163956
163957
>>163955
Silver gets on the radio, and speaks into it.

"This is Silver Sword and Spectral Streak at...Jasmine Flower Station. It is massacre. Changelings disguised as Homeguard, gassed entire station and train...executed whoever was left. No survivors." cough "We got roughed up bit, but changelings that did this are dead now."
Anonymous
e87ffef
?
No.163957
163958
>>163956
“They did?”
“She was right. Those bastards really would do that…”
“Glad you got them? Is the area secure?”
“Is the track clear? We have a train heading north at 30 miles per hour.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163958
163959
>>163957
"Area is secure. We are working on moving train out of way right now."
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163959
163960
>>163958
“It’s on the tracks? Get it out!”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163960
163961
>>163959
Silver puts the radio away, and looks to Spec.

"Come on...we need to get train out of way."
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163961
163962
>>163960
Spec nods, and changes out the magazine on his Jenny.
“Last mag.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163962
163963
>>163961
Silver changes the mag on his Jenny as well. Didn't the changelings have Jennies as well?
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163963
163964
>>163962
Yes.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163964
163965
>>163963
Quickly, before they get on the train, Silver checks the two downed changelings and their guns on the platform for any magazines.
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163965
163966
>>163964
He’d have to be really quick. Gritty has/had one more magazine, and has also turned black. The other drone does not. Both drones have functioning rifles with some amount of cartridges in the loaded magazine.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163966
163967
>>163965
>really quick
Silver just grabs the magazine off of Gritty, and moves as fast as his injured body will let him onto the train. He heads for the front of the train where the controls are.
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163967
163968
>>163966
Silver presumably enters through the last car.

Entering the train car, Silver can already see that the door furthest on the end is closed off. Moving into the car, Silver can see a sky blue earth pony mare lying dead on the floor near the connector with vomit around her, a red stallion stalion dead lying on his back across the seat in the middle of the car with large amounts of blood, and one, two, three, four ponies gathered by the other door, all bleeding. These include a mare, a foal, and two adolescents, both of whom seems to have died pressing against the car door. By the connector, and past the mare, a white unicorn stallion in full blue police uniform lies dead, ingloriously hanging half on the chair and half off. There are a number of spent cartridge cases on the floor, and even more trails of blood, some of which lead in lines out of the car.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163968
163969
>>163967
"Bastards!"

Silver pushes through all of the death around him, feeling increasing anger towards the changelings that did this. Death was too kind for them, when they did all of this...

He gets to the door, suspecting it must have been barricaded from the other side if the changeling was there and these ponies couldn't get in. He tries it to be sure.
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163969
163970
>>163968
It opens with a simple pull.

In the next car are many more bodies. Notably some of the windows on the right side are wholesale missing, while some are shot up. On the floor, Silver sees many more bodies of ponies. There is a small aqua foal on the ground by the door Silver has to walk over, and then a maroon mare on the side who has her hooves placed over her head. There is an adolescent orange filly in a seat leaning over, next to a black pegasus colt with a hoof over her. Silver sees, laying on the ground in a comparatively controlled fashion, a black drone, wearing a gas mask, a uniform, and khakis while losely still holding onto his rifle with his right hoof. Further beyond, a grey bat pony holds a handerchief over her mouth. A neon green mare lays on the ground next to the door. Some of the bodies have visible bullet wounds, but many do not. There is both blood and vomit on the floor. Some in trails, some not.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163970
163971
>>163969
This is...this is evil! How, how could anyone do this? This was completely senseless, completely without reason. These ponies, stallions, mares, colts, and fillies, none of them did anything to these changelinges except apparently exist. How could anyone do this to so many innocents?

He pushes further onwards, hoping these changelings have gone to their species' version of Tartarus. He tries his best to avoid the sick these ponies threw up as the gas claimed their lives while he moves onto the next train car.
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163971
163972
>>163970
Silver quickly runs into a problem - the door into the next car will not open. Through a window, Silver can see why - there is a large pile of corpses at the door.
fa0e80d
?
No.163972
163973 163974
[1d20+2 = (1+2) = 3]
>>163971
Strength: This hell Silver has borne witness to hasn't ended yet. The bleeding Silver doesn't have much strength left after that last fight, but he sees if what he has left can let him force the door open.
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163973
163974
>>163972
Silver presses his weight against the door, slips in vomit, and falls

But maybe that's a good thing

[1d20 = 17]
[1d20 = 8]
[1d20 = 20]
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163974
163975
>>163972
>>163973
Not quite
Bang Bang Bang

Silver feels another sharp pain. He is shot
[2d8 = 6]
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163975
163976
>>163974
As Silver screams in pain on the floor he tries his best not to swallow any of the vomit he has found himself in.

He really is nearing the end. What little life he has in him is rapidly bleeding out in the traincar, and the only thing really keeping him going now is the singular desire to not die here, not in this hell. He won't become part of the ocean of bodies.
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163976
163977
>>163975
Silver lays there for a moment on the cold, steel floor.

Then he hears a Ching Ching Ching in three seperate, distinct chings, followed by another Ching Ching

"Silver!"
Spectral Streak comes up behind Silver much as before
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163977
163978
>>163976
Silver looks weakly at his son, and can only offer up a series of terrible coughs in response. Silver desperately tries to get up to no avail, but he is just too wounded to do so on his own.
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163978
163979
>>163977
Spectral Streak picks him up, and places him on a bench.
"Okay... This has to be quick..."
He takes a medical kit that he seems to have pulled out while Silver was going through the train.
He starts by wiping clear a wound. Then another. And then another. Then he tries, as best as he can to bandage the wound.

"This... won't really hold. You need more than this. But this will work well enough for now."

Then he pulls out a magical potion, and places it to Silver's lips, relunctantly removing Silver's gas mask. It isn't clear that this is the right move, and he only does it for long enough for Silver to swallow the potion.
"Just take this"

Then he injects something with a needle. And then something with another needle.
"Okay... Morphine, and Adrenaline. The Adrenaline will cause you to bleed out faster, so you will need blood or at least plasma very soon. But not right now. Get up. You can do it."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163979
163980
>>163978
Silver makes sure the mask has been applied properly, then gets up unsteadily, perhaps with Spec's help. The painkiller numbs the worst of what he is feeling fairly quickly, leaving dull, achey reminders that has been shot in rather important areas. The bandages, even when working against the adreanaline, seems to at least help slow the amount of blood he's losing. As the adrenaline begins to take effect, his weak and unsteady legs begin to stablize and stand sturdy again. His breathing is still rather pained and weak, but he's still breathing.

"Thank you...is bastard bug still alive? Where is he?"
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163980
163981
>>163979
Silver knows that he is not in a good position. At all. The pain is slowly numbing, and his heart starts to race. But between the pain, his feeling of weakness, and the numbness, he feels as if he is nearing an almost somnambulant dissociative state.

"Behind you. He was pretending he was dead and ambushed you. Don't worry. I took care of the fucker."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163981
163982
>>163980
"Evil creatures did this. I hope their souls rot."

He tries to shake his head clear, before looking at the door.

"Bodies...there are too many. I can not push through it to get to next train car."
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163982
163983
>>163981
"Well we have to. Because the control panel is at the front of the train, and we have to move it. Come on. Let's move this door."

Spectral Streak places his hooves on the door. He's at least as strong as his father. Certainly more so now, with Silver being so injured.
fa0e80d
?
No.163983
163984 163985
[1d20+2 = (15+2) = 17]
>>163982
Strength: Silver stands next to his son, places his hooves on the door, and tries again to force it open.
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163984
163985
>>163983
And with it
[1d20+4 = (10+4) = 14]
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163985
163986
>>163983
>>163984
Silver pushes with great strength, as does his son. But Silver pushes with perhaps a bit more strength. The pile is moved aside.

Silver immediately notices a few things. The first is that this car is foggy, filled with gas that lowers the visibility.The second is... the carnage. Silver has gone through two cars, and corpses outside. But in every location he's seen four bodies, or five, or six, or seven. Something like 20 overall. Not even enough ponies to fill a single train car at rush hour. Trails of blood always implied more wounded who got away. But... not this car. This car is different. It is dense. Silver can see what happened here. Gas was laid in the car and ponies started to flee. Evidently, the front of the train was a no go because the trail of ponies is towards the rear, with the most ponies caught at the door. It looks like there was a stampede, making it impossible to pull the door mechanism (which mostly opens to the side) enough to move the door. Many ponies are entirely on top of others, and some may have been crushed to death. There must be a dozen at the door alone. Further in the car, some are collapsed on the floor, some lay hunched over themselves holding their heads, and many more are crawling against the windows, evidently trying to figure out how to open them. Some windows are covered in trails of vomit-soaked hooves streaking against them. Some are streaked in blood from hooves that pressed hard. And somewhere near the end of the car, underneath a pile of purses and newspapers, gas emanates.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163986
163987
>>163985
If it wasn't for the gas mask and the risk that throwing up inside would carry, Silver would want to vomit as well. There is no doubt about it now. The changelings that did this, they are evil.

Stepping carefully as to avoid disrespecting the dead any more than they have already, he closes in on the pile of purses and newspapers, and uses his magic to move them aside.
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163987
163988
>>163986
As he does so, a puff of gas comes up. Silver can see that it is a metal device with two tubes that come together to produce gas. It is still smoking, and now more so.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163988
163989
>>163987
The smoke obscures his vision, but he lifts it up in his magic and looks quickly to see if there's a way to shut it off.
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163989
163990
>>163988
Roll wisdom
fa0e80d
?
No.163990
163991
[1d20+3 = (17+3) = 20]
>>163989
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163991
163992
>>163990
The device works by mixing two precursor chemicals together to make gas that automatically seeps out of slits past the mixing chamber. To do this, break a seal in the mixing chamber, and break a seal holding back aerosols that move the chemicals into the mixing chamber. This process is automatic and cannot be stopped.

Unless you break a precursor tube...
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163992
163993
>>163991
Silver figures that the best way to do this is to use his magic to beat it against something hard until the precursor tubes break. Such as the train itself.
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163993
163994
>>163992
Another wisdom roll for the telekenisis.
fa0e80d
?
No.163994
163995
[1d20+3 = (19+3) = 22]
>>163993
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163995
163996
>>163994
Silver smashes it against the steel, and it breaks, releasing a liquid chemical onto the floor. But it stops producing gas.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163996
163997
>>163995
"There we go. Gas will remain, but it will disipate now."

With that done, Silver goes to see why the front of the train was a no-go for the doomed ponies.
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163997
163998
>>163996
Silver, however, is still cooped up in the car.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.163998
163999
>>163997
So, Silver makes his way through what remains of the bodies between him and the end, and tries the door that leads to the front of the train.
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.163999
164000
>>163998
This one opens simply.

Looking into the next train car.... Well, it's an improvement over the last car, but that is all that can be said for it. One window is missing, and that window has a pile of bodies around it. Silver can see an apple green earth pony, a blood red unicorn, and a young purple bat pony mare in the pile, the later of whom has a small bat pony foal in her hooves thrust towards the window.

Elsewhere in a car a few dead ponies, including a stallion, a mare, and two foals huddled together in a group, with the stallion around the edge and the foals in the center, using items of clothing to cover their mouths. This room includes a black bat pony stallion in a police uniform, shot dead on the ground.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.164000
164001
>>163999
Silver's heart aches for the bat pony mare, who tried desperately to have her foal escape the slaughter...and failed. He goes towards this pile of bodies, gently moving them aside to look down out of the missing window.
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.164001
164002
>>164000
Silver can't really move them aside, but he can tell that below the window is the raised section of track
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.164002
164003
>>164001
Can he see down there? Are there any bodies?
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.164003
164004
>>164002
Looking out another window, Silver can see a couple bodies on the edge of the raised platform near the window, although separated from it and not directly beneath it. The edge of the platform is a couple feet wide, and beath that is a 25 foot drop to the street level
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.164004
164005
>>164003
It was a false hope for them, then...Silver sighs to himself. He pushes onwards on this seemingly never ending hell train towards the controls. He wonders to himself just how much more suffering has been committed on this train.
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.164005
164006
>>164004
Silver moves into car number five, the first car of the train, and more importantly, the one with the cab.

This car is less populated than the last two. Near Silver's side, there is a device spewing gas. But further away are many, many shattered windows, and more with bullet holes. Near Silver is a dead black uniformed officer, maybe a security guard. It's a grey unicorn, who left a revolver on the ground nearby, and has a hoof over his mouth. A little further down is a brown earth pony half hanging out of a shattered window, and a couple foals lying on the ground with a mare over top of them, hooves spread out. Halfway through the car, Silver can see a Jenny battle rifle, lying next to spent cartridge cases on the seat. And further down, much further down, next to a cut and bloodied dead stallion, is a dead drone in a pool of blood, that is half red and half blue. He has a mask that is half on, and half pulled off, and wears a uniform and khakis the same as everyone else. Behind him is the cabin.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.164006
164007
>>164005
This stallion must have fought back, and with his dying breath made sure to bring one of the changelings with him into the darkness. He can't say this is a proud moment when looking at all of the death around him, but it certainly is a small light in Silver's eyes to know that this stallion fought to his last.

Like before, Silver takes the cannister spilling gas into the train, and uses his magic to try to bash it and break the precursor tubes.
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.164007
164008
>>164006
Roll wisdom
fa0e80d
?
No.164008
164009
[1d20+3 = (12+3) = 15]
>>164007
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.164009
164010
>>164008
And it breaks, spilling a trickle of a chemical on the ground.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.164010
164011
>>164009
With the second of the two cannisters broken, and gas production halted, Silver moves to the cabin to get the train moving.
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.164011
164012
>>164010
Silver goes into the cabin. He sees that there is a dead stallion pushed aside and onto the ground beneath and to the left of the driver's chair. He sees that there is at least one bullet hole. He sees that a panel of the front window has been physically removed, with trickle trails of blood leading up to it. And he sees a stick in the center, with a pedal beneath.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.164012
164013
>>164011
Silver looks out of the removed front window, wondering if somepony managed to get out of the train that way.
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.164013
164014
>>164012
It goes down the tracks, to where the track goes north and splits off east. Maybe he can see vomit further down, hard to tell. There are no visible corpses, at least from this perspective.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.164014
164015
>>164013
It's not going to be pretty, if he runs over any of the corpses. He calls out to see if Spec is nearby.
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.164015
164016
>>164014
"Yes?" Spec comes to Silver
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.164016
164017
>>164015
"How are your wings? I do not know if there are any bodies directly in front of train. Window has been removed."
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.164017
164018
>>164016
He looks at Silver, and blinks.
"Move it into the station. We'll change the tracks to let the other train go around."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.164018
164020
>>164017
Silver blinks as well.

"Uh...alright."

The unicorn looks at the pedal and the stick, wondering how they work. He first tries the stick to see what it controls.
Anonymous
c3a98a1
?
No.164020
164021 164024
>>164018
Up and down. Moving it by itself, no change
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.164021
164022
>>164020
Hmm...Silver gets in the seat, and tries the pedal while pulling the stick back.
Anonymous
f62a140
?
No.164022
164023
>>164021
Silver feels a slight jolt. Slowly, the entire train has started to move backwards.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.164023
164038
>>164022
"Okay, I think I get it..."

Silver tries to just edge it backwards inside the terminal.

"Did you see way for incoming train to switch tracks? It may be safer for us to move this train to next station."
Anonymous
af057e4
?
No.164024
164038
>>164020
Why are you German?
Anonymous
a03b0bd
?
No.164038
164039 164139
>>164024
Oh my God anon, you can’t just ask people why they’re German
I’m out of town right now

>>164023
“The platform has a double track. I’m not sure how to switch the tracks though.” Spectral Streak answers.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.164039
164041
>>164038
"Hmm..."

With the train backing up, can Silver see if there was a body in front of it?
Anonymous
6a0550e
?
No.164041
164042
>>164039
Silver thinks he sees two corpses on the side of the rail line, possibly to be hit by the edge of a train, but certainly not going under the wheels.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.164042
164043
>>164041
Phew. That's good at least. Silver lets go of the pedal and pushes forwards on the lever, hoping that this will engage the train's brakes. He also looks to Spec.

"Are you good to fly? If you are, follow train tracks behind us to find where two lines split, there should be switching station nearby. I hope..."
Anonymous
6a0550e
?
No.164043
164044
>>164042
He pulls his lips up in a strained smile and waves his right wing. "I think... I think I should get on the platform..."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.164044
164045
>>164043
"Right..."

Silver allows himself to think, for just a moment.

"There is train coming and we do not have much time to spare. Go ahead and get off train, drive to next station in line in your car. I will take this train along tracks to next station, and we will meet back up there. Does that sound like good plan?"
Anonymous
6a0550e
?
No.164045
164046
>>164044
"It's... okay" He says, quickly nodding
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.164046
164047
>>164045
"Unless you have better idea."
Anonymous
6a0550e
?
No.164047
164048
>>164046
"Put it in the passing loop in the station." He says
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.164048
164049
>>164047
"How would we do that?"
Anonymous
6a0550e
?
No.164049
164050
>>164048
"Well... Take it back into station. And switch the track for the next train."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.164050
164051
>>164049
"But how and where do we do that?"
Anonymous
6a0550e
?
No.164051
164052
>>164050
"I... Well it should be automatic. I don't know. But there is a passing loop in the station."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.164052
164053
>>164051
Silver sighs.

"Do not take this wrong way, but...may I have your flashlight?"
Anonymous
6a0550e
?
No.164053
164054
>>164052
He blinks. Then scrunches. "You've lost a lot of blood."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.164054
164084
>>164053
"Please, Spec, just for moment."
Anonymous
6a0550e
?
No.164084
164088
>>164054
He sighs.
"Okay. Quickly." And holds his eyes open
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.164088
164101
>>164084
Silver shines the flashlight into Spec's eyes, just to be sure.
Anonymous
6a0550e
?
No.164101
164102
>>164088
Silver sees the golden eyes of his long-gone Storm Warning shing back at him, on top of two opaque white spheres
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cbbae15
?
No.164102
164103
>>164101
Silver turns the flashlight off.

"I do apologise, but you know what danger replacement can pose."

Silver gets on the radio.

"Anypony know how to switch train tracks so two trains can sit side-by-side on parallel tracks?"
Anonymous
6a0550e
?
No.164103
164104
>>164102
"The track isn't clear?! Take the train to a passing loop. Make sure it's parked entirely within the loop. The track switching should be automatic."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cbbae15
?
No.164104
164105
>>164103
Silver shrugs, pushes the lever forward, and presses the pedal to have the train go forward.
Anonymous
6a0550e
?
No.164105
164106
>>164104
The train starts moving forward at a relatively low rate of speed
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cbbae15
?
No.164106
164107
>>164105
Silver looks forward out the window for the passing loop.
Anonymous
6a0550e
?
No.164107
164108
>>164106
Nothing close
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cbbae15
?
No.164108
164109
>>164107
Silver keeps going forward.

"It is amazing when you think on it. This train is powered entirely on electricity, it does not use coal and steam like old trains."
Anonymous
6a0550e
?
No.164109
164110
>>164108
Spectral Streak, however, is more anxious.
"Keep going. Faster!"

The train does pass a split, where the rail goes off eastward and north. The train continues moving north.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cbbae15
?
No.164110
164111
>>164109
Silver keeps going, faster.

"Was that passing loop we passed?"
Anonymous
6a0550e
?
No.164111
164112
>>164110
"No. The passing loop is at each station."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cbbae15
?
No.164112
164113
>>164111
"So we have to go to next station, then?"
Anonymous
6a0550e
?
No.164113
164114
>>164112
"Well now maybe we do." He says, evidently anxious
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cbbae15
?
No.164114
164115
>>164113
"Spec, we will be fine. Do not worry."
Anonymous
6a0550e
?
No.164115
164116
>>164114
"Just keep going, and faster."

it isn't that long before Silver believes he is nearing the next station.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cbbae15
?
No.164116
164131
>>164115
"Alright, look for passing loop."
Anonymous
b68f9a1
?
No.164131
164133
>>164116
Up ahead, Silver sees another covered train station. As before, the track splits along the length of the train station into two tracks, one which is adjacent to a platform (again on the right) and another beside the right track on the left. There are some ponies waiting at the station. Not a crowd, but some.

“Here” Spectral Streak says
Anonymous
2e57ff3
?
No.164132
164134
670FB1C5AFA6D5EC93147EA43A1B61B0-432428.png
>shitpost
No train rides for her.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cbbae15
?
No.164133
164134
>>164131
So, this begs the question...

"How do we switch?"
Anonymous
b68f9a1
?
No.164134
164135
>>164132
gasp
She is for train rides!

Only the good ones though

>>164133
Roll intelligence
cbbae15
?
No.164135
164136
[1d20-1 = (17-1) = 16]
>>164134
>Intelligence
Hoh boy, not Silver's strong suit.
Anonymous
972524d
?
No.164136
164137
>>164135
Silver remembers what White Orchid said to him once. The electrified trains will sometimes have radio connected switches in their cabs.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cbbae15
?
No.164137
164138
>>164136
Silver quickly looks for such a switch to flip.
Anonymous
16e59af
?
No.164138
164139 164142
>>164137
Roll wisdom
Anonymous
ba7678a
?
No.164139
164140
>>164038
>>164138
He's Evolving.
Anonymous
16e59af
?
No.164140
455C52AB-9218-4E19-AA3B-84BB9B5FC9AA.png
>>164139
cbbae15
?
No.164142
164143
[1d20+3 = (5+3) = 8]
>>164138
Anonymous
16e59af
?
No.164143
164147
>>164142
Silver does not see it, and he is very close to the station
fa0e80d
?
No.164147
164148
[1d20+3 = (1+3) = 4]
>>164143
"Help me look!"

Silver desperately looks for the switch.
Anonymous
16e59af
?
No.164148
164149
>>164147
Oh, there we go. It’s on the right side on a panel beneath some other instruments. Switch it to the right.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.164149
164150
>>164148
>nat 1
>"Switch it to the right."
We all better start praying for the health and safety of Silver, Spec, and all of the ponies at the station.

Silver switches it.
Anonymous
16e59af
?
No.164150
164151
>>164149
The train enters the station, moving alongside the platform.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.164151
164152
>>164150
Did it switch, or did it remain on the same track?
Anonymous
16e59af
?
No.164152
164153
>>164151
Either it was supposed to go on the other track and Silver switched it, or it remained on the same track and was not switched. Hard to tell.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.164153
164154
>>164152
Silver looks to Spec for an answer.
Anonymous
16e59af
?
No.164154
164155
>>164153
“I don’t… I think the other train needs to go into the other track.”
Silver can either glide through the station, or go to another one.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fa0e80d
?
No.164155
164168
>>164154
Silver sighs, and keeps going.

"We are going to have some trekking ahead of us if we can not find way to loop around."
Anonymous
16e59af
?
No.164168