/vx/ - Videogames and Paranormal


Welcome to the new code.
If you want to see the latest posts from all boards in a convenient way please check out /overboard/
Note: JS is required to be able to post, but I am working on a system where that won't be needed.

Name
Email
Subject
By clicking New Reply, I acknowledge the existence of the Israeli nuclear arsenal.
Comment
0
Select File / Oekaki
File(s)
Password (For file and/or post deletion.)

129825.jpg
Occupied Equestria - Morning
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127000
Up in the North, the ponies have successfully found who, or rather, what was damaging the mine. But their quest is not over, as they go to look for the source of the trouble. In Baltimare, Iron, Silver, and Dark Star enjoy the fruits of defeating the cultists, while Midnight herds the remaining rescues.

We welcome any new players to join
DH5jH
?
No.127001
>>126999 →
Who is Midnight speaking to?

Mala frowns
"I have to be... alone?"
\r
Anonymous
26IzN
?
No.127002
>>127001
>who
All of them in range

"No, you do not Mala. Just come with me."
the tired mare gives him a warm smile
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127003
>>127002
He follows the pony at her heel, even as he is around her size
Anonymous
26IzN
?
No.127004
>>127003
Midnight leads him to the room, and opens the door to see what the room is like.
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127005
>>127004
This room is more or less the same layout, even as it looks lived in. There is a shirt on the floor, and the covers are pulled down on the bed, which looks disrupted
Anonymous
26IzN
?
No.127006
>>127005
Midnight turns around and nods towards the bed
"You may have it Mala"
She smiles, but her eyelids are drooping at this point.
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127007
>>127006
He gets up, and jumps in the bed, looking back to midnight while panting

There is a muffled sound coming from the dresser
Anonymous
26IzN
?
No.127008
>>127007
Midnight turns towards the dresser and slowly steps towards it.
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127009
>>127008
It sounds... almost like talking, or something moving inside it
Anonymous
26IzN
?
No.127010
>>127009
Midnight wonders if she's ever gonna get to sleep as she opens it
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127012
>>127010
Inside, is an unholy abomination like none she has ever seen before...

"Hello, will you donate to my patreon?"

It's like a spoon did some sort of unholy ritual that included being raped by a fork, and this was the result
Anonymous
26IzN
?
No.127013
>>127012
"...."
Is there a window?
Edge Pone
NQGV1
?
No.127014
Dark Star uit.png
>>127000

Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127015
>>127013
One at the very end of the room

Mala looks concerned

>>127014
Hi pony!

Undertoe and Johann are inside the second part of the tavern, evidently wanting rooms
Anonymous
26IzN
?
No.127016
>>127015
Midnight picks it up, marches to the window, and just fucking yeets that thing into the street
"By LUNA is there anything else I have to do before I sleep?"
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127017
>>127016
Before she tosses it out, Mala offers:
"I can eat it, if you definitely need it destroyed"

But there does not seem to be anything else
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127018
>>127015
Dark Star walks over to Johann.
Anonymous
26IzN
?
No.127019
>>127017
She still tosses it
"It can be somepony else's problem."
She steps over and pets Mala some
"But rest for now, you need sleep. And I will be right here if you need me."
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127020
>>127018
He looks over
"There you are. Dark Star, right?"

>>127019
Mala lays down, looking up at Midnight
Anonymous
26IzN
?
No.127021
>>127020
"There, now just rest little one."
Midnight begins to hum as she pets him.
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127022
>>127021
He rolls over ontp his side, kind of sprawling out. His belly is clearly distended

He licks his nose in a "mlem"
Anonymous
26IzN
?
No.127023
>>127022
"D'awwwwwww, just relax. Midnight will take care of you"
She continues to hum and pet, gently rocking side to side as her eyelids droop lower and lower.
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127024
>>127020
"That's Correct,yes. Are you having a nice time? How do you like the tavern?"
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127025
>>127023
His ear twitches, and a hind leg scratches against the bed. He sticks out his tongue again in a sort of blep. He lets out a sighing whimper

>>127024
“It is not too bad, no. That griffin is quite the charmer” he smiles in a sort of mischevious way
“Even if she is rather obstinate”

He relaxes his pose somewhat
“It is not very different from the taverns in Griffienhiem, although it’s a little bigger”
Anonymous
26IzN
?
No.127026
>>127025
Midnight chuckles a bit before her eyes shut and she's asleep on the ground beside the pet, very softly snoring.
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127027
>>127026
The floor is kind of hard and cold... but after everything, it may as well be soft feathers.

>>127024
"I must say, it is a much better time than I was having hanging upside down in that dark room"
Anonymous
dRArL
?
No.127029
EEEEEEEE e_e
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127031
61215278-F8DF-4445-A2B2-EF9D509A5151.png
>>127029
EEEEEEEEEEEEE

Alright, Brie may execute his plan
Anonymous
dRArL
?
No.127032
>>127031
The plan is,... excuse me.
"The plan is, we make up to the mining site all ready and carefully, and then stab whatever rears at us! Then we take very careful notes and compile it all together! Then, we take those compiled notes and place them in a professional-looking clear plastic binder!"
Shimmering Spark
K08/5
?
No.127033
>>127032
"Hopefully nothing too big will need stabbing this time around."
Anonymous
26IzN
?
No.127034
>>127032
"I'll keep my stabbing at a distance and leave the notes to you two."
Anonymous
dRArL
?
No.127035
>>127033
>>127034
"Splendid! If there's no further adieu then,...." He seems eager to get this business over with.
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127036
>>127032
Seb and Fun come out of the carriage. or they seem to at least, as big Saint Bernard dogs.

Brie may take note that while Zu Lang and Drie probably did not write down their exact misadventures, there are definite records of at least casualty reports
Anonymous
26IzN
?
No.127037
>>127035
It's Ado reeeeeeeeee
Onyx stands ready to follow.
Anonymous
dRArL
?
No.127038
>>127036
And why didn't... fuck, what was his name. You're gonna make me go back and read what his name was even though after this its never going to come up again aren't you?
Shimmering Spark
K08/5
?
No.127039
>>127035
Spark nods and follows the stab crazy bat.
Anonymous
dRArL
?
No.127040
>>127038
In any case, yes, Brie would have wanted to see those reports to glean anything he might about what will be necessary to stab, before going to stab
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127041
>>127038
Macrurus is the name of Zu Lang's replacement I think he did mention it?

>>127040
Looking into the reports, Brie can see that the garisson did indeed report a number of Killed in action deaths in July - it says against "hold outs to changling rule," a death to wounds in August, and two deaths there after, one from being "crushed by mining equipment," and one from illness. Four drones have been sent back to Winnyapolis for wounds, two in July, and two in the fall and winter. One of those moved for wounds in July came back, the other was discharged. One of the serious wounds in september was reported as "from a chainsaw" and resulted in the drone being discharged.
Anonymous
dRArL
?
No.127042
>>127041
How delightful.
"To the mine then!"
DH5jH
?
No.127043
>>127041
>>127040
Reports sent back suggest as follows:

A native tribe that predates the Crystal Empire resides in the northern parts of Headwater County. After being beaten into submission by the Equestrian, and later Crystal empires, it used the opportunity to declare independence and venture South during the war. Wanting to clear the woods of any possible bitter-enders or rebels, the garrison ventured to the north, encountering the natives. The engagements were bloody and inconclusive, but resulted in the garrison staying around the Iron mines while the natives withdrew to the North. Zu Lang, naturally, suspected that rebels, runaways, bitter-enders, or poachers are living in the forest wilds, although this cannot be confirmed. Interestingly, there is no accusation - even by Zu Lang - that the natives are aligned with any faction

>>127042
Do you mean the open pit mines where most of the action so far has taken place?
\r
Anonymous
dRArL
?
No.127044
>>127043
No, I mean the site that appears to be the site from which complications started to emerge with Lang and Drie
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127045
>>127044
Assuming you mean the exact area where Brie watched them transform, that would be on the roadway that runs beside the open pit mine beside the railroad tracks, and between Blackwood and the Taconite mill
Anonymous
dRArL
?
No.127046
>>127045
No, I mean that Brie's whole purpose of talking to Macrurus was to try and determine where Lang and co might have turned 'funny' and then investigate that location. I had assumed it might be in some way indicated on the map
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127047
>>127046
Unfortunately, it is not indicated on the map

A helpful drone may offer speculation
Anonymous
dRArL
?
No.127048
>>127047
Brie wants to talk to the medical drone he talked to earlier. He seemed like he would have noticed the change sooner anyway, and might be able to more readily differentiate the mission that might have caused the change.
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127049
Back,Had to deal with corona buisness
>>127025
"Yeah shes quite the Griffion. What was she being obstinate about?"
>>127027
Who's this Johann?
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127050
127167
>>127049
Yes

Don't get infected

>>127048
Translated into Ponish, he says as follows:
"The first time we think they ever turned was on July 29. We don't know the trigger, we think it was stress, but it would only happen at Night. We never found the trigger, actually. Exactly how and when they got... 'infected,' I do not know. But if you think the natives had something to do with it, then the first drone was infected on the 21st, Zu Lang on the 22, and Drie and the second drone on the 24th. These occurred in a sortie up to Lake Headwater in the center and eastern part of the district, then in a sortie up north from there to where the camp was located. But really, if you think there was something else going on... some forest spirit, some poisonous creature or parasite... or ancient magic, I cannot say for certain. But I think it is a good bet it occurred in a grid of a few square miles with Lake Headwater and the river as it's eastern boundary. I can tell you they didn't report anything extraordinary. But I didn't go with them, and I'm not sure they would have told me if they did. Their wounds looked like mundane cuts, even though not all of them came back"

>>127049
"Certain points of the history and destiny of the Griffonian Empire. Then again, she is far from the only one. There are many more who must be brought to heal to bring about the resurrection of the Empire"
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127051
>>127050
"What points exactly?"
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127052
>>127051
"Whether the loss of the Palladium was the true cause of the decline of the Griffonian Empire. Whether New Mareland had any right to invade Hellsword and the Host. Whether it has any right to administer it. The role of the River Ponies. The validity of democracy as a form of government. Not much disagreement on a few of the break away states though, or of the dangers posed by liberals."
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127053
>>127052
"Well i might not know much about foreign politics. But Democracy Would never be used to truly aid Anypony."
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127054
>>127053
"That's what I said! Well, 'anygriff'."
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127055
>>127054
"Huh, I Knew there was a reason i liked you,Inquisitor."
He laughs
"Would you like a drink?"
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127056
>>127055
He seems to smile back
"They are closing up the bar. But of course"
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127057
>>127056
He waves Mr Glass over
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127058
>>127057
Going into the bar area, he can see Glistening Glass is cleaning the bar area. He looks up to Dark Star
"Hello. Do you need anything?"
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127059
>>127058
"Two Whiskeys,sir."
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127060
>>127059
He frowns
"It's after 2 AM. I'm not legally allowed to serve alcohol"
Then he smiles
"I'm just fucking with you. Let me pour two of them. Apple whiskey, right?"

Unless Dark Star specifies otherwise, he pours and serves two in glasses
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127061
>>127060
He Laughs at the joke
"Yes Sir."
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127062
>>127061
He slides the two glasses over.
"For legal purposes, these are drinks for house guests, and not sales at the bar. It still goes on your tab, though"

Johann takes his trenchcoat off - indeed, he wears more clothing than any of the other resuces, it seems, and places it on the chair next to him. He wear a fedora and glasses, and his feathers are yellow in places and golden brown in others. His beak hooks down like a true raptor.

He takes a quick drink of the whiskey
"Decent enough strength. A bit sweet and fruity. It's about exactly what I should have expected from pony whiskey"
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127063
>>127062
"I quite enjoy the taste. "
He Drinks some of the whiskey

Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127064
>>127063
It is indeed a bit fruity and sweet. Just a bit though

"I'll admit I've never had anything quite like this before"
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127065
>>127064
"What is Griffion whiskey like?"
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127066
>>127065
"It can vary, but either a bit more grainy, more like wood, or more bitter. Not that there isn't mead, but that's... mead. And of course there's the blackjack whiskey out of Skyfall. That stuff is strong"
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127067
>>127066
"BlackJack whiskey? How strong?"
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127068
>>127067
"It isn't quite up to vodka. But almost. It's got a kick to it I can tell you that. I can't quite describe the taste"
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127069
>>127068
"Sounds like something i'd like to try."

Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127070
>>127069
"You may, though I'd hardly be surprised if those criminals had some"
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127071
>>127070
"You know. now that you mention it."
He checks his bag To see if he brought the whiskey
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127072
>>127071
I'm pretty sure he has at least one bottle
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127073
>>127072
He pulls the bottle out
"You mean this?"
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127074
>>127073
He opens is beak, and his eyes go wide, as if Dark Star conjured the bottle from nothing
"Yes! Like that!"
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127075
>>127074
"you want some?"
He holds out the bottle
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127076
>>127075
"Oh yes, please"
He quickly drinks the remainder of the apple whiskey, and holds out his glass for Dark Star to fill with his claw
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127077
>>127076
He opens the bottle and pours the inquisitor a glass.
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127078
>>127077
"Shall we say cheers?" he asks
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127079
>>127078
"Sure,why not. what should we cheers to?"
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127080
>>127079
"To killing Maarists, of course"
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127081
>>127080
Dark Star Laughs
"Perfect. To Killing Maarists!"
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127082
>>127081
He holds up the glass and clinks it against Dark Star's
"To killing Maarists!" clink

He takes a drink
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127083
>>127082
Dark star takes a sip

Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127084
>>127083
Yep, it's got a bit of a kick, but damned if nothing else he's ever tasted makes him feel like a lone gunslinger or gambler known 'round the towns
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127085
>>127084
He Smiles
"This is fantastic."
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127086
>>127085
"After all I've been through. Anything would be. But this is something special"
He takes another drink
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127087
>>127086
As does Dark Star
"I Could only imagine."
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127088
>>127087
He volunteers:
"Savages had me sucked by one of those 'Changelings,' and hung me up like a slaughtered cow in a room with no lights..."
He shudders
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127089
>>127088
Dark Star looks at him knowingly
"I wouldn't wish that on the worst communist."
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127090
>>127089
Ever so slightly narrowing his eyes
"I don't think you've met the worst communist..."

He sets his glass down with some force, in a 'clank,' and his lips furl back in what seems like a slightly malign smile
"Still though... watching that pony die... there is a certain joy to a job well done"
He lifts up his glass, and takes another drink
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127091
>>127090
"Yea, I agree. he Was Sub-Pony Filth."
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127092
>>127091
"If you want to disassociate him from your race..." he wraps his talons on his glass, a 'clang clang clang" as they tap on the glass from right to left

Then he says
"It is disturbing, however, to see a Maarite chapter run by an Equestrian native"
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127093
>>127092
"That Was Quite Odd. what do you make of it? i don't know a lot about maarites."
DH5jH
?
No.127094
>>127093
"Maarite worship is an old form of worship... Older than the Griffonion Empire, older than the oldest Griffonian king, older even than the oldest orders of Arcturus... It started in the area that is now the Griffonian Heartlands. It was smashed by the tribes there, and by the knights of Arcturus. But that only shattered it into smaller pieces that slipped and hid among society. Grover the first established an order of His Most Holy Inquisition to scour and smash the remnants.... But the Griffonian Empire's representatives and traders spread it further, to Grieffenwald and to Whitebeak... In the times we live in now, creatures move further, and so too do the ideas and cultures they send. It may have originated from a particular culture, it is true. But there is something universal that it feeds on, and latches to. A darkness in the hearts of creatures. And so it can spread."
\r
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127095
>>127094
"But what is it though? What do they believe?"
Spirit of a Sardonic Economist
xCCyP
?
No.127096
>>127066
>>127068
Dunno if you're talking about alcohol by volume but most vodkas and whiskeys have the same strength around 40% ABV

Also, I need to check if anyone got washed in the past 10000 posts but I'd imagine the rescuees probably smell horrid. My fault perhaps for not having caught up yet and forcing you to read this.

Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127097
>>127095
"Maarites follow an entity who asks that he be called 'Maar,' who alleges to be a deity from beyond the Lunar sphere. Unlike Boreas or Arcturus, who ask of their followers discpline and personal sacrifice, Maar offers powers. Power to obtain revenge. Power over others. Wealth, and knowledge of things known to no griffin nor pony. And in return, he asks for worship, and the sacrifice of others. Sapient creatures are preferred, though animals are not turned down, nor will he ever decline the sacrifice of his own followers. He communicates to his followers in the form of whispers. Auditory hallucinations. Sometimes visual as well, and these sometimes of scenes in the past, in the future, or of fantastic realms scarcely imagined. Chapters are decentralized where they must be hidden, and run by a central priest or two. They have their own ranks and hierarchies as well, though it may vary"

>>127096
Mala has a natural smell that doesn't really go away, Keskoo and Meadows, perhaps also Johann, have been in changeling goop and are probably the worst, Undertoe is both bathed and groomed, Jubilosa and Khoi recently arrived - though they may not have been washed on the ships.

I meant like the higher strength, ~60%
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127098
>>127097
"....Beyond the Lunar sphere."
He looks a little spooked
"That is troubling for a few different reasons."
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127099
>>127098
He nods
"As it should be. The boundaries of space and sky exist for a reason."
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127100
>>127099
"So this may go back further than you think. i had a job where we had to destroy a pony who had turned himself into an undead abomination. and he had a book on these...entities."
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127101
>>127100
He turns his head, and narrows his eyes
"What kind of entities?"
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127102
>>127101
"Ones from,Beyond the lunar sphere, As you put it. Apparently ponies from long ago talked to them."
Dark star looks a little uneased.
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127103
>>127102
He is collected but most definitely concerned
"I cannot say I am entirely surprised. Ponies, as surely as griffons, have the desire to know their environment, to understand it, to expand it. To command it. And in the process, sometimes... they stumble upon things best left unknown"
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127104
>>127103
"What were they trying to do in that fort,inquisitor?"
DH5jH
?
No.127105
>>127104
"I don't know, precisely. I know they were smuggling in numbers of Maar worshipers fleeing the Inquisition in Griffonia. The process was disrupted by the naval blockade, sure, but it would have picked up again once the blockade ended. I know they were trying to recruit Baltimare's own alienated lower classes - natives and immigrants alike - into their numbers, and many of them did indeed join. I know they were trying to rebuild from when their numbers had been cut down before. I know that they were offering sacrifices to Maar. Sapient, talking creatures. They found an almost endless, untraceable supply of sacrifices in the great numbers of intercontinental migrants who enter Equestria unknown and unregistered to any local authority. They sought to gain followers the same way, and recruited criminal enterprises to aid in this process. I know they were going to sacrifice at minimum two tonight, likely three, ribs sawed through and cut open while still alive. I have to assume this is a regular process, at least every lunar cycle, and I have to assume it would have continued, perhaps growing as the chapter grew. I know that they were able to summon demons from beyond to fight for them, to raise the dead and to control the living as if they were puppets. I have no idea if they ended to summon some dark power to invade Equestria, or to subvert authorities. But I can say with certainty they were trying to grow their chapter. Two new inductees tonight, one from the Heartlands, one from Baltimare, and who knows how many new followers of Maar there would have been in the future, how many new sacrifices...."

He looks back to Dark Star
"Maar worship is an ancient practice and a very evil one. But this creature trafficking... this is a very new evil. And the two allied to compliment the other"
\r
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127106
>>127105
Every time you say that name, i picture bill mahr as an interstellar demon making deals with ponies
"I See....Are There Likly other enclaves of these degenerates?"
He Asks looking increasingly uncomfortable
DH5jH
?
No.127107
>>127106
"In Equestria? I don't know. Fillydelphia, Manehattan, and New Mareland have large populations of griffons and other non-pony creatures. If there aren't already chapters there, they may spring up later. There are almost certainly other chapters in Griffonia, especially in places that have driven out their Arcturian chapters. Equestria is well known to have its own native cultists - The Nightmare moon worshipers among its bat populations, and others. Equestria used to have its own Inquisition to that end, before eventually shutting down. I can say though, Boek's associates in that unhallowed chapter seemed to belong to traditions neither Griffonian nor Equestrian, but rather Zebrican. The devil worshipers of the Kaftar gnolls. The voodoo practitioners among the Zebras. All this, as well as a Maarite Black Knight."
\r
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127108
>>127107
"A Black Knight? Whats that?"
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127109
>>127108
He nods to Dark Star, before answering the question, as if to say "Yes, I will tell you"

"Most segments of Griffonian society, historically at least, have included a warrior class, usually military service given in exchange for title to land. A knightly class. And so too do religious monastic orders create their own military orders of knights. The Knights of Arcturus are well known throughout Griffonia. My paternal line comes from them, in fact. And the Maarites, in their desire create perverse mirrors of everything holy, and defile it... they create Knights of Maar. They have not been common as Maarites have not often held enough land and power. But they have persuaded knights to join them, and they have occasionally taken hold a fief or so, and when they do, the same tradition rears its head of wearing wicked heraldry and black iron armor. They keep it alive in hiding. And one of those alleged knights without a fief came over to here."
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127110
>>127109
"Did you see him in the conflict? or is this...knight still out there?"
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127111
>>127110
"No, he was there, fighting for Boek. He did quite a lot of damage on the young grey pony, before the latter tripped him. Then the old unicorn finished him off... Dark magic reanimated him. Made him a puppet of Boek. But he was put down a second time."
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127112
>>127111
"Good."
He sips his whiskey
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127113
>>127112
He nods again
"Very much so"

Blue Skies, who must have entered the room earlier, now quietly moves around Johann, and stands between the two
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127114
>>127113
Dark Star offers to pour her a glass
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127115
>>127114
She silents takes a glass, and holds it up

Johann turns to her and smiles
"Hello"

"Hello" she responds, with her mischievous smile. Then she looks back to Dark Star as she takes a drink
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127116
>>127115
He smiles at her
"This stuff is amazing."
Spirit of a Sardonic Economist
xCCyP
?
No.127117
>>127116
Are they still disguised? I'm autistic and I get confused whenever two posts go by without a physical description
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127118
>>127117
Yes they are
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127119
>>127117
Yes. Dark Star looks like a zebra, though I believe he has told every creature that he is a pony. Blue Skies definitely looks like a dark feathered Griffin

>>127116
"It's not bad"
She takes another sip, then inspects the liquid
"It's banned from import though. So enjoy your supply"
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127120
>>127119
"Why's it banned?"
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127121
>>127120
"Because it's made in the Republic of Skyfall to a company owned there"
She takes another sip
"And we don't trade with Skyfall"
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127122
>>127121
"Thats too bad. Maybe a Brewery can recreate it."
He brings his hoof to his chin in thought
Spirit of a Sardonic Economist
xCCyP
?
No.127123
>>127120
>>127121
Hopefully you got the 11 other bottles from that den of thieves so you could be high-rollers. Booze also makes a perfect gift/bribe. Forget about deeds and jewelry, whiskey is true wealth.
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127124
>>127122
"Maybe... if there is a market for it in the New Mareland Customs Union. And if someone had the recipe..."

She takes another drink, looks over to Johann, and smiles. He too, took a drink
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127125
_DarkStar_.png
>>127123
>pic related
>>127124
"Im sure there's a market."
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127126
>>127125
She shrugs, with her eyes closed
"Something to consider"
She smiles to Dark Star in her mischievous way as she takes another drink
Spirit of a Sardonic Economist
xCCyP
?
No.127127
>>127122
>>127124
Also, anyone with a basic knowledge of brewing/distillation can tell you that it's impossible. The reason why drinks from specific areas are prized for their flavor is because of a complex system of criteria involving climate, soil, and grain. Even if you were to replicate all these somehow then there's the issue of the process of making the mash (the ale-like yeasty substance which whiskey is made from) and of distilling. Finally the alcohol is kept in venerable barrels that impart the unique aroma of aged wood into the final product. This is why some liquor can cost ten times as much as other brands.
Glass would be well aware of all this as a bartender.

Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127128
>>127127
Interesting. i didn't know that.
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127129
953a93bf58f61cd951a64bd70257fbd0.jpg
>>127127

Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127130
>>127126
Dark Star looks to johann..
"Its getting late. i think i'm going to retire."
He Looks over at mr glass
"Mr glass.i would like enough rooms for my friends that i brought in tonight."
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127131
>>127130
Glistening Glass had retreated from the scene shortly after providing the apple whiskey, but he may be summoned again. Reentering the room from the back, he says to Dark Star,

"Well, the purple Pegasus pony bought a room. I gave him the one for my bartender, who hasn't come back and hasn't worked his shift. That red... hippogriff, I think she is, has wondered off. But I could get another room, for ya"
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127132
>>127131
"Thank you,Mr.Glass."
He looks over at johann
"Have a Good night."
He shakes the Inquisitors Claw
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127133
>>127132
He shakes Dark Star's hoof firmly
Anonymous
NQGV1
?
No.127134
>>127133
"Mr.Glass will bring you the key."
He Looks over at blue
"Ready for bed?"
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127135
>>127134
She nods, with that malign grin
"Yes, I would say I am"
Spirit of a Sardonic Economist
xCCyP
?
No.127136
>>127135
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izGwDsrQ1eQ
Okay I'll stop
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127137
>>127136
Okay, that's kind of funny
Shimmering Spark
K08/5
?
No.127138
I will be free tomorrow.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
xdAPI
?
No.127139
[i]cuddles griffin
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127140
>>127138
Hopes

>>127139
Griffin is cuddled
Spirit of a Sardonic Economist
yyi6G
?
No.127141
Btw, I'll make life easy for you. As of >>118276 → Dark Star has 3 bottles of that deluxe whiskey (1 he picked up and 2 he came back for, evading an inquisitive zebra). Silver picked up as many as he could, perhaps the whole case. >>118905 → Seems like most of it was wasted making firebombs, though they chugged it beforehand like college grads. It's enough to potentially make my future character throw a fit.
Is it a good idea to keep a text file keeping track of current inventory as well as health, etc.?

Going back I found a lot of ugly drama. Oh lawdy the drama. I won't say any more about it, just that I hope it doesn't return (probably won't, because the players have matured).
>>127139
Two exhausted, biologically incompatible creatures who ought to be in a hospital cuddle each other
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127142
>>127141
I should probably delete the drama

Probably should keep track of inventory

Hey, I'm counting Midnight's health checks and the medical equipment they used as as good as a hospital, or almost
Silver "The Floof" Sword
xdAPI
?
No.127145
>>127141
Next time there's a haul of whiskey, you'll be the first to have some.
Anonymous
yyi6G
?
No.127146
>>127145
Ironically I think my character will be the only one in all of Baltimare who doesn't suffer from severe PTSD.
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127147
not_safe_for_woona_by_grievousfan_d6ads81-fullview.png
>>127146
For what it's worth, I don't think the fellows up North are doing much better
Anonymous
yyi6G
?
No.127148
>>127147
Maaaybe, but their type of horror is being isolated in essentially a hostile land with rumors of windigos. They're not being cut to ribbons every other day or seeing other creatures get horrendously tortured, and the friends they make don't have PTSD to the same extent. The Baltimare group's Dionysian attitude toward life is actually quite understandable when you realize what they've gone through in just a week (though it's been a year outside the game).
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127149
>>127148
Well, maybe they haven't gone through quite what the southern group has, but I wouldn't discount the 'Purple Harvest,' nor the year or so long war of attrition, nor the repression afterwards. Or all of the events we see in the show, like Tirek and Discord

Iron and Silver cashing in on the gratitude of the female rescues, I am pretty sure is typical for liberators in time of war
Anonymous
yyi6G
?
No.127150
127177
ApplejackLiveWithThePain.png
>>127149
True and losing family and homes in the war seems to be a common, realistic theme. Even taking into account these common yet tough tragedies, we can count off what's gone on in the last week:
Pretty much everypony except Blue Skies, Meadows, and Undertoe (maybe I'm missing another major NPC) has been starved, shot, stabbed, shocked, scorched, socked, soul-sucked, or otherwise suffered severely enough to nearly have their lives flash before their eyes. I'm not too sure about how medicine canonically works: mechanically of course hitpoints can be instantly restored but, as we know from the show some injuries take a more realistic time to heal. Players of course act as if they're right as rain immediately, which is to be expected since role-playing limping and moaning gets tedious and a mechanical debuff would be frustrating if not dangerous. I personally lean towards a compromise between vidya health and "you broke a leg so you're now helpless for six weeks" by having first aid and health pots giving a "quick fix" but the wounds still requiring professional/magical attention afterwards to heal properly. That's just my headcanon I use to fit the "realistic" tone of the game.
Silver, who admittedly is the most solid mentally of the group has had to rescue colts from a pedophile, has gotten into an emotionally charged argument with said colts, has had some bad blood with his friend Dark Star probably some guilt too, has gone alone into a desolate cellar haunted with abominations that could kill him in one hit, has had demonic visions, and all this on top of both the Hoebuck shenanigans and reminders of losing his family. He's a tough pony but it's a little much even for him.
Iron who is mentally still somewhat of an adolescent was mentally raped, has had to deal with adult concerns of finance, romance and family for the first time, has a divinely-ordained mission that could spell disaster, and has witnessed the barbarity of see-vee-liz-ation that exceeds even the stereotypes of tribals.
Dark Star despite all his "woe is me" monologues ironically has had it the best, as he only got shot nearly to death once.
Midnight and Jubilosa had an emotional altercation where the former did an American cop maneuver on a fleeing suspect, which was quite not lawful good of her and which horrified poor Jubilosa. Fortunately that particular griffon didn't die, and despite her lack of a medical license she stabilized the would-be sacrifices, but what if things had turned out differently?
Jubilosa for her part was kept chained up in a corner opposite a colt and was treated quite poorly, though the realization of what could have happened to her should strike her. She's a member of a proud people and wrings her claws over how her kind is associated with Maarists as she dwells in an unwelcoming land. The graphic slaughter of griffons around her and the horrible secrets uncovered must haunt her for some time to come.
Meadows was drained to the point where she was confronted with apparently permanent damage until a pretty obvious quick fix was used. She was kept away from the worst of it all otherwise (along with Laputa) and is probably the happiest of the bunch.
"White Sands" was forcefed like a goose and sucked the love out of a ponies to an extent that disgusts even changelings. Although her thirst for revenge was sated she has to worry about her tender secret being uncovered.
Khoi Lua (great pun on Kahlua, btw) is as much a stranger to Equestria as anyone else and feels trapped between the horror there and failure back home. She unwillingly keeps silent regarding a hated changeling and has been generally neglected, even by Iron.
Undertoe has been heavily implied to be the unwilling consort of Maakie with all the implications and emotional baggage that entails. She's also burdened alone with this as the players have largely neglected her. Not that Silver or Iron likely have the finesse to handle her issues.
Mala has to deal with his past and the likelihood he's never going to be accepted by others anyway, and he likely is somewhat sociopathic.
Johann is Johann. He'll get over it as long as he has a gun, a cigar, and some whiskey from Griffonia.
The freed prisoners were stuck in dark, dirty tiny cells, often without plumbing. All the aforementioned characters had to witness secret murder that would impress even H.H. Holmes, cannibalism, griffon Satan being real, literal demons and possession, creatures burning alive, pony vivisections, and their new comrades practically turned into bloody heaps. Many of them had to fight and kill in a brutal fashion for the first time, some creatures they killed being accomplices but not willing combatants.

My personal recommendation is to let the players/characters unwind a little bit with a vacation and minor quests. It's both thematically accurate (with those results even Blue Skies would say they've earned it) and it allows time to be sped up a bit so there are a couple of weeks until the next mission (character development!). Maybe after Baltimare is "cleared" of its worst elements there can be transfer to a new city? Manehattan's been hinted at as an even wilder place. I'm sure whatever direction you take this next will be thrilling.

Btw, kudos for running the game with far more than the ideal number of players. It is undoubtably very high effort both in handling multiple parties and in balancing encounters yet it still looks fun and (mostly) discernible. I also like how you use the NPCs to provide IC moral pressure if the PCs act a bit irrational, but there are so many NPCs now that it's hard to for players to interact with them all adequately (I plan to help with this upon joining). Each character feels realistic and compelling which is highly impressive for a game of this scale.

Spirit of a Sardonic Economist
yyi6G
?
No.127151
127938
>>127149
I've finally caught up with everything. I'm probably the only anon who's read the whole story front to back in a relatively short time and so I probably have the best idea of the plot apart from the GM himself. I recommend lurkers to not read the 50000+ posts themselves but to ask questions instead. Where's Swedanon? We all miss him.
Anonymous
DH5jH
?
No.127152
127938
1335324.png
>>127150
Wow...

That's quite a detailed analysis. Thank you for paying that much attention to everything I've written over this past year

>>127151
Well that's very good. Are you sure you want to wait until summer to play? Couldn't hurt that much...

As for Swedeanon, I guess he just decided not to play. I am pretty sure he's the guy who's commonly on the writing threads on the main board, and more likely than not he's the guy who mentioned something about wanting to start his own campaign. If I had to take a guess, the relatively frequent sessions scared him off.
Spirit of a Sardonic Economist
yyi6G
?
No.127153
IWantToWrite.jpeg
>>127152
You're welcome. That I want to sperg out over the nuances of your writing is a sign that it's good fiction. It may not be formal fiction but it's good fiction. I may not know much about DnD but it's quite obvious that the bar for a campaign, particularly an imaginative one like this, is set by the GM, and that is by far the hardest role. Interesting players are as necessary as an interesting GM of course, but the latter is much harder and defined by the limits of storywriting and all the pressure's on him. I think you've earned a bit of appreciation for keeping this up for a couple of years. Just don't let this get to your head.

Very likely I'll join before summer, sometime in early May if I'm optimistic. I don't need to get all my schoolwork done, but I have a couple of reports that can be written either now or then and only so much procrastination is justifiable. This is also why I suggested an in-game vacation totally not for selfish reasons.

Yeah, I wish writefags would join because it's the perfect atmosphere for creativity. I've actually considered making a crossover game of MLP and SS13 but that's overly ambitious if I've never played TT before.
Anonymous
qp0hj
?
No.127154
>>127150
Ooooh! Do Brie next!
Spirit of a Sardonic Economist
yyi6G
?
No.127155
>>127154
Brie's either going to become a legendary spymaster or become pony Joker. However, he was compelled at one point to speak the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth and essentially swore allegiance to the changelings so how he'll do that and not come into conflict with the rest of the party will be interesting. Chaotic-neutral really is the best alignment. His character is something like Daud from Dishonored.
Anonymous
qp0hj
?
No.127156
>>127155
>Spymaster
>Pony Joker
Can't it be both? Besides, when one operates outside the law and social constructs, what can be seen as acting in the best interests of one or more groups (even those sworn to) is open to interpretation. Not into vidya so I'll have to look up Daud, but otherwise I agree. This is my first Chaotic-Neutral character ever (I've done varieties of Evil before tho), and I'm quite enjoying the 0-fucks given mentality
Anonymous
9Nl5m
?
No.127157
>>127150
I'm admittedly quite surprised you've managed to extract so much more information out of the characters present.
Fuck, has Iron really neglected Khoi? Really didn't want it to come out that way, but bugs completely normal unicorns are a lot needier than I expected, meaning I'll have to keep her at forelegs length while I sort out the bugs' wants, needs and desires in a case-by-case basis for Iron to tackle
...not particularly sure if I should say the above OOC, but your analysis does enlighten some facts for me, so I suppose I can excuse it as more of a direct appraisal of your compilation, regarding it as helpful.
Spirit of a Sardonic Economist
yyi6G
?
No.127159
>>127157
I'd become a writer if socialism wasn't an existential threat.
Don't feel bad, having so many NPCs makes it hard to interact with them all. Also Iron is behaving realistically in being enamored with a changeling who wants to hog him away from the others, especially Khoi. I think behaving realistically is the best way to play, as long as it doesn't permanently derail the GM's grand plan.
Of course the other NPCs need attention but if the next couple of threads are more laid-back then it's not urgent and we'll get time for them. If I'm really needed then I could join early to fill the gaps in character interaction.
DH5jH
?
No.127160
Alright, I'm'a make some responses

>>127150
>Pretty much everypony except Blue Skies, Meadows, and Undertoe (maybe I'm missing another major NPC) has been starved, shot, stabbed, shocked, scorched, socked, soul-sucked...
While the amount of time Meadows was in the cocoon is ambigious, and thus perhaps not within the "past week" requirement you set out, she's definitely been starved and soul-sucked recently. She also would likely have been one of the creatures on the altar had Dark Star and Silver not disabled the gnolls and griffins who would have carried her, forcing them to find replacements from elsewhere. While Undertoe didn't get burned like Khoi, Zwolf, or Jubilosa because she knows how to make use of cover, she was certainly shot at and was prominent in the shooting.

>Dark Star despite all his "woe is me" monologues ironically has had it the best, as he only got shot nearly to death once
Don't understate the importance of the one time. It's the closest any character - besides Iron in both the Run Through the Jungle and Hoebuck, has come to dying, with maybe 2 hit-points remaining and certainly a single bullet away. All of this down from full health in a single encounter.

>Midnight and Jubilosa had an emotional altercation where the former did an American cop maneuver on a fleeing suspect, which was quite not lawful good of her and which horrified poor Jubilosa. Fortunately that particular griffon didn't die
I'm glad you caught that one. The griffin was female, unarmed (though she probably had one of those knives) and was trying to run past Midnight, who indifferently stabbed her and struck her down, and did not want to do administer first aid thereafter. I placed this griffin in the group of possible savable enemies because I felt kind of bad for her. (Note that in D&D, and in real life for that matter, being downed doesn't mean an enemy is dead, it means that they are disabled and have a very real chance of dying of blood loss in the next minute or so, so it only makes sense that players have the opportunity to stop "downed" enemies from dying). Realistically, the griffin that Mala chased down and mauled for a minute or so should probably have been counted as still alive, albeit with a half-eaten face and bites on the neck, but I didn't exactly want to "take the kill away" from Mala. Being mauled is rarely fatal, or when it is, it's not instantly fatal.

> a member of a proud people and wrings her claws over how her kind is associated with Maarists as she dwells in an unwelcoming land
This is all true, but there is an additional layer to it beyond that. Not only are the Maarists not something she wants her griffin-hood associated with, but they come from a completely different culture - The Griffonian Empire, which invaded Jubilosa's country centuries before, was a hated occupier, and was eventually driven out through resistance, so she absolutely does not want the ponies to mentally associate her with griffins that she knows come from the Empire, even before Jubilosa knows that these Griffins are cultists

>Khoi Lua has been generally neglected
I know... And at the beginning I thought she'd be the most waifuable. I think her personality makes her a bit less likable than other creatures like Jubilosa or Meadows, which is why she's been passed up by every single character in favor of somecreature else

>Undertoe is burdened alone with this as the players have largely neglected her
This makes me sad

>Mala has to deal with the likelihood he's never going to be accepted by others anyway
This also makes me sad

>Johann is Johann. He'll get over it as long as he has a gun, a cigar, and some whiskey from Griffonia
This makes me kek

>Maybe after Baltimare is "cleared" of its worst elements there can be transfer to a new city? Manehattan's been hinted at as an even wilder place
I'm wondering if I should comment on that...

>>127153
D'aww. Thanks

>>127155
>Brie swore allegiance to the changelings so how he'll do that and not come into conflict with the rest of the party will be interesting
Yes, this will interesting indeed

>>127155
>>127156
>Chaotic Neutral

>>127157
Leaving Khoi for the night seemed ill advised, as it left her vulnerable to be taken by both Dark Star and Silver. It turns out they both preferred other creatures, and neither of them said a single word to Khoi

>>127159
If behaving realistically de-rails a GM's master plan, then something has gone very wrong
\r
Anonymous
9Nl5m
?
No.127161
>>127159
Yeah, I don't really make Iron interact with most of the cast save if it serves an extremely straightforward route the native can see helping him, so I doubt that excuse works here. Completely Normal Unicorn being possessive is valid, however, so I'll go with that.
Hopefully such a laid-back set of threads are coming soon, because he'll need all the calm he can get in order to properly set his keikaku in action.
>>127160
I suppose it's because Khoi's value isn't from who she was or is, but who she could be. At least that's my perspective of her. A mare that can be shaped into most roles if enough investment is put into her.
Sands, too, if I was honest with myself,
but I need to rid that big, pesky secret so her full productive potential can be achieved.

...not to mention lewd capabilities, but that's just the icing on the cake.
Shimmering Spark
0ae78d2
?
No.127162
127163
is ready to play today
Anonymous
fc3a682
?
No.127163
127164
>>127162
Spark is in much the same position as he left. Everypony together. It’s early morning, and Brie was told the approximate grid of the locations ventured by the garrison
Shimmering Spark
0ae78d2
?
No.127164
127165
>>127163
Spark continues as he was then, looking for answers to the monster situation.
Anonymous
fc3a682
?
No.127165
127166
>>127164
Okay, but what does he do specifically?
Shimmering Spark
0ae78d2
?
No.127166
127167
>>127165
Well... I didn't get a clear picture as to where we were going last time I played... so I don't know where to look for clues.
Anonymous
fc3a682
?
No.127167
127168
>>127166
The relevant post is this one
>>127050
Spark can also talk to NPCs
Shimmering Spark
0ae78d2
?
No.127168
127170
>>127167
Hmm.... then Spark makes his way toward Lake Headwater.
Anonymous
7a054a6
?
No.127169
127170
I have come to commit war crimes
Anonymous
05bf360
?
No.127170
127171 127179
>>127169
gasps

Not if I war-crime you first!

>>127168
It is night outside, but under the light of a waning gibbous moon that is closer to setting than rising, Spark can see much. There is no activity in the mine nor the mill, and most surfaces are partly covered in a very thin layer of snow from as they were before. The bodies of the.... things have been removed, though the disruptions and blood they leave behind in the grass, dirt and snow can still be seen. Changeling blood rusts blue green rather than brown-orange-black, it seems.

Traveling past the mill, the dirt road continues, going through a set of pine forest. It continues after half a mile to a new pit, a little shallower and not as wide as the one under Blackwood. The edges of it can be made out in the moonlight, as well as a power shovel in the northern section. The road narrows to just a small dirt path, but Spark is told by the map that this leads to the lesser river. It's a decent walk, to say the least, as the road winds, requiring walking over a fallen tree at one point. The pine trees that line the road are tall and block much of the light, but above the canopy, the ponies can see a night sky far brighter and star-lit than any that can be seen in Canterlot, Baltimare, or the Crystal City. The trees sway in the wind, and the rustling of the trees provides a constant background noise, with the hooting of owls sometimes joining in. Eventually, the road comes down to the water, where there is an old cabin that looks uninhabited and a pier on the water. The flow of running water produces its own sound to compete with the wind-blown trees. It isn't a very large river. Indeed, your standard county road would have a trestle bridge to cross it. But this minor pathway has no bridge, and the water looks uncomfortable to ford. There is, however, enough space between the trees and the river to make walking along side the river possible
Shimmering Spark
0ae78d2
?
No.127171
127172
>>127170
Spark walks up to the cabin.
Anonymous
05bf360
?
No.127172
127173
Off in the distance, a wolf howls. Some seconds later, a second howl follows in reply, coming from a different direction

>>127171
No lights. Small, wooden.
Shimmering Spark
0ae78d2
?
No.127173
127174
>>127172
He tries the door.
Anonymous
05bf360
?
No.127174
127175
>>127173
The door is unlocked. It opens....

There is no pony inside. Just a bed with disrupted sheets, a couple dressers, at least two cut open empty cans, and a lantern
Anonymous
0ae78d2
?
No.127175
127176
>>127174
"Well... somepony was here at some point."
He opens the dressers.
Anonymous
05bf360
?
No.127176
127178
>>127175
Empty, empty....

And then a couple things. A blanket, food cans, and a clip of rifle bullets
Silver "The Floof" Sword
07d9416
?
No.127177
127180
>>127150
Damn, that's one helluva deep dive into the game, I'll give you that. I really want to do more interactions with Mala, Khoi, and Undertoe (especially Undertoe...poor hippogriff), it's just that there's so many new characters it's hard to balance time between them. Hopefully, when tomorrow (in-game) comes, Silver will get his chance to interact with them outside of a hostile situation.
Shimmering Spark
0ae78d2
?
No.127178
127180
>>127176
"Somepony must have left in a rush."
Any damage in the cabin?
Anonymous
a425259
?
No.127179
127180
>>127170
I'll war-crime YOU first!
[i][boop/i]
Anonymous
05bf360
?
No.127180
127181
>>127179
HISS!

>>127178
Nothing is knocked over, nor are the front door or the few glass windows broken or visibly damaged

>>127177
The Silver pony should (if he can find them)
Shimmering Spark
0ae78d2
?
No.127181
127182
>>127180
Ok, so nothing in the cabin. He takes a look outside, behind the cabin.
Anonymous
05bf360
?
No.127182
127183
>>127181
There are a small number of cut logs next to the cabin. Not as much as a full winter supply. Next to the pier is fish trap. There is an axe near the cabin in a stump
Anonymous
0ae78d2
?
No.127183
>>127182
Spark moves to the pier and takes in the view.
Anonymous
718773e
?
No.127184
127185 127186 127243
Spoilered
Spoilers that non-GM players might want to skip

Equestria at War has a lot of secrets that flesh out the world.
Apparently there is even a Masonic/Illuminati faction that can be created: www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3YGb5hmjdk
Don't ask me why it's classified as "harmonist" though.


Also whatever happened to Zebrica being added? It was leaked a year ago.
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127185
127186
>>127184
Is this going to be a level of We Wuz Kangz never seen before in the history of fiction?
Spoilers: No, because zebras are not blacks.
Anonymous
b4f099b
?
No.127186
127187 127243
1586587625.png
1586587993.png
1586587995.png
>>127184
>>127185
Equestria st War does indeed have quite a few great secrets in it.

Zebrica is allegedly slated for a 2021 release date. One if the developers did a livestream showing off part of one of the new nations.

I have a few problems with Zebrica as planned, the biggest being that it is needlessly larger than Equus and Griffonia combined, and most nations are vastly larger than the average nations in Griffonia. Saddle Arabia is alone is at least as large as the equestrian southeast, and much larger than Wingbardy. The continent really looks like it ought to be 30% smaller.

>Kangs
The developer mentioned that the most common question he is asked is about colonialism. He denied fervently that they would do any kind of “Hearts of Darkness” storyline. He said “there is so much more you can do with a fantasy world [than colonialism]. I really have to ask “like what?” According to him, Zebrica is “so large” that unlike Griffonia and Equus, which each have a single story uniting most of the events in the continent, Zebrica will not have a single story. So I really have to wonder what the point of making it so big is.

He and other developers have said that the biggest nations on Zebrica will be modern nations that are more modern and less suited for colonization than Griffonia.

Uh... that’s all of the negative things I wanted to say, anyways
Anonymous
718773e
?
No.127187
127189 127243
>>127186
>needlessly larger
Well, I don't have a problem with that considering that Zebrica is supposed to be Africa + Asia and it has to squeeze in all the creatures that aren't native to either Equus or Griffonia. The issue is how they did it so willy-nilly without rhyme or reason, at least one I could see. I believe there's a Youtuber who nitpicks the issues of worldbuilding in fictional works and he could tear this apart.

The problem with size is that Equus and Griffonia are both colossal, essentially Middle-Earth sized on their own as they have their continent-specific storylines. Being so big there's not enough room for another fully fleshed-out continent, maybe a narrow continent in the extreme orient/occident or an Antarctica-type continent but these wouldn't fit the purpose the devs (or players) want. Clearly there wasn't initial thought when the mod was created in regards to global geography, certainly not in a professional sense. It's really impossible to gauge how big the globe is and that damages immersion. The only solution would be to completely redraw all three continents to be smaller in landmass and arranged to fit the desired climate. Personally I would like Griffonia to be smaller with its existing countries being practically micro-nations, and Zebrica having competing nations of the same race rather than merely singular ethnostates (something like the division of the yaks, but over smaller territories). These blobs look lazy as if the mappers went "Well, camels have to go somewhere so they live here in the middle. Let's have a Tibet but in the north instead." It's disappointing how very few fictional maps approach the interesting nuances that exist in irl geography.

Perhaps it is disappointing that we don't have any real colonialism, seeing as how EaW has embraced a darker timeline anyway, but on the plus side at least there won't be a "muh colonialism is evil" subtext in the mod. The worst I've seen in that regard is portraying batponies as oppressed in Equestria and having coercive integration through bureaucracy be the "good" option in events. Other storylines in the game, such as the Macbeth parallel in Darkclaw more than make up for these minor pitfalls. I still don't get why New Mareland exists as a colony yet there aren't other colonies, considering that its location certainly does not suggest being less modern and more "suited for colonization."
Anonymous
b67df66
?
No.127189
127190 127191 127243
1586595243.png
>>127187
The continent of Zebrica is going to be placed on the bottom of the map, beneath Equestria, Griffonia and the ocean that seperates them, leaving no real room for any continent on the left side of the map under Equestria. I have tried to guage how big the continents are in terms of miles, but couldn't quite guess it. I think Equestria is around about 3000 miles across, or near the width of the continental United States. I think that with continents this big, realistically they should have giant deserts in the center for want of rain penetrating that deep in.

One thing the Equestrian and Griffonian continents do that I absolutely adore, and I sincerely hope is intentional, is that they appear to fit together like puzzle pieces in continental drift. All of the large islands, as well as most the peninsulas look as if they broke away from the larger land masses. So I have to hand that to them.

Don't put too much stock in what the name of the states implies in terms of races, because they can and have changed names of states between screenshots.

In the first screenshot of the continent I saw "Hyenia," which I disliked because it seemed to needlessly increase the number of races in a world that already had too many. Then I saw Puffin Forest's video on Captain Morgan, including cute little cartoon D&D gnolls. Then I went all in and added them to my campaign. And now in a more recent version, Hyenia has been replaced with "Qualidi Dervishes." Lovely.

Despite what that developer was saying, there definitely is some colonialism. Maregypt is supposed to start the game as a pony nation on Zebrica that is a vassal of Equestria. "Abyssinia," which in the comics is the homeland of the Kajit (and the name of a continent in the My Little Pony World), is invaded by Wingbardy, [because of course Beakolini was going to invade it with a name like that/i]. At the bottom of the map is a "Feathesian Indies," a clear reference to the Dutch Indies, and most of all, there is a clear Boer parallel in one nation in south Zebrica, with Feathesian Griffins as Afrikans. I also want to note that there is Nova Griffonia as a colony in Equus, the small deer nation as a colony, the zebra colony (that will be replaced in an update by something less interesting), and the Free Towns of Gryphus are basically a colony in the style of the Hansietic League and the Teutonic Knights in Prussia and the Baltic.

It's funny that you should mention the bat pony racism, because the stream I saw centered on a nation in Zebrica that is founded by Nightmare Moon worshipers who flee to the south. He said that they got a lot of feedback that the ponies rejecting thestrals didn't seem to make much sense, so this nation was added in some part to justify the ponies' attitudes towards thestrals.

Also, if you are going to complain about woke things in the mod, [i]nothing quite equals a few likes in "Twinkle Sprinkle's Guide to the World" in Manehattan: "As the premiere seaport of the continent, centuries of continuous foreign immigration has meant that alongside ponies of the Three Ties there exists substantial communities of threstrals, hippogriffs, zebras, kirin, and griffins within the metropolis. Canterlot may be the seat of the Diarchy, but it is the melting-pot of Manehattanite society that truly embodies the Equestrian spirit - that is harmonious coexistence, strength in diversity, and friendship free of prejudice." Jesus, it makes me want to vote AfD, Brexit Party, Trump and NDSAP all on the same ballot. Thank god it's tucked away in some place you have to basically go looking for it to find.

Another extremely obnoxious moment comes to mind in an event that pops up after the Herzlands update when playing as the Griffonian Empire, where a pair of pony tourists try to warn the Griffins of Changelings, just for the griffins to laugh, call them racists or something, and say that the Changelings are a part of the attache. It's just hammering in the fact that the mod completely overlooks the fact that Changelings are very literal parasites that feed on the emotions of others, and that, alongside their perfect ability to get away with crime or espionage, is why they are disliked. But nope! The mod even says that one of the generals in the attache "acquires a liking for Griffonian cuisine." Stupid bigoted ponies! Changelings aren't parasites! They eat whatever it is that Griffins eat
Anonymous
718773e
?
No.127190
127243
>>127189
>realistically they should have giant deserts in the center for want of rain penetrating that deep in.
It does look to be the case for Zebrica at least. The continental U.S. is lucky enough to have the Mississippi River Basin and the Gulf of Mexico to carry moisture through North America's interior, but I don't know if Equus has anything similar. The devs' hands are tied to show canon in this respect while Griffonia at least has that Erie/Eyrie lake and mountain ranges. It does bug me (pun not intended) that the Changelings live on the same latitude as Yaks and polar bears despite being cold blooded; there may be a western Gulf Stream going on there.

They can change the names of the states all they want, but they still mostly look like Mongolia-esque blobs with relatively few natural contours. Mongolia looks the way it does because it is a formerly nomadic nation in the middle of steppes and deserts; one blobbish country is okay but when half of them are like that it's border gore to me.

Good point, I do like the smattering of colonies and had forgotten about them I can't actually play the mod because my graphic card is terrible though it would be interesting if there had been one dominant colonial empire like the British or Spanish.

A breakaway country of essentially pony satanists adds some nuance to that attitude towards bat ponies though it doesn't really excuse everything.

>wokeness
It's actually a relief that the worst offending parts of the mod are very minor events. When you get six or more people working on a project chances are one is a progressive who thinks pushing his ideals is acceptable, in a way that if one were doing the inverse (such as implying Beakolini has a lot of justification or praising Blue Skies' view of Nimbusia) it would meet protest. And because NJew York has always been considered a "melting pot" it appears acceptable to the casual observer, nevermind that in the 1940's it was still diverse mostly in the European sense only. I'm just worried about the future because O'Sullivan's Law dictates it can get only worse once just one leftist gets a foot in the door. It's clear that the devs overall intend the mod to be fun and apolitical, but vigilant and influential members of the community have to make sure they stick to that.
Anonymous
718773e
?
No.127191
127243
1586603908.png
1586603492.png
>>127189
Also a glaring issue I see lorewise is that of ideology. No one seems to know what Harmonism is and it is even less defined and understandable than democracy irl. "Harmonic" countries include the theocratic monarchies of Equestria and Crystal Empire as well as some other nations (I could swear that it includes the libertarian-esque merchant republic of Skyfall, various democracies, and the aforementioned Prywhen Masons/Illuminati, but the wiki says otherwise). I believe the mod sometimes uses Harmonism as synonymous with "democracy" though that makes zero sense due to Equestria/Crystal Empire being canonically undemocratic. The only thing substantial in the mod regarding Harmony that I know of is that it advocates peace which, due to typical public school education claiming democracy = peace, may result in that confusion. And of course progressives really do believe that Harmony = multiculturalism which is how we get such cucked flavortext, and it's in line with the later show which had the Diversity Six. It's at odds with /mlpol/'s take on harmony which is in line with the earlier seasons: harmony involves living unmolested with your own kind, using your talents for society's betterment, and staying out of each other's hair. You have your own spin on harmony by presenting it as a religion which, except for the organizational aspects, also follows from the show's lore, and it's a refreshing break from "harmony = democracy in MLP." Because harmony is so poorly explored as a concrete "ideology" fans just insert what they want. My personal hypothesis is that the divide arises from the difference between the Western/Christian concept of harmony and the Eastern/New Age concept. Christian harmony is pretty much as you show it, while the New Age definition is "there is no right or wrong, only oneness" in a very hippie sense. If you want to carry this over into the lore as a modernist heresy of Harmonism, you have my blessing. To know more about New Age stuff, which existed long before the 60's, I recommend listening to Fr. Mitch Pacwa's series of lectures

"Fascism" also has a similar problem. In WW2 you could describe one side as "fascist" though their ideologies were far from uniform, since all members opposed both democracy and communism and could rely only on each other. It was a contest to survive in a world of increasing global alliances. In-game said alliances do not exist and presumably the same conditions that predicated the rise of fascism irl do not exist. Moreover, there's no real reason why the fascist countries in EaW ought to team up at all (and they rarely do); Germany and Japan diverged politically (the former aided Nationalist China at one point) but signed an alliance because they were up against the same enemies. Beakolini and Chrysalis do not even have this excuse. The changelings may be classified as "fascist" in the sense that Independence Day aliens and the Combine could be called "fascist" but they're essentially just militarized aliens invading, whereas fascists elsewhere in the world are merely an ideological movement (again, to my knowledge without real background or cause). At least you can ascribe the existence and spread of communism to being a mind-virus feeding on envy, but fascism arises usually when there is a real or perceived threat and democratic or monarchical institutions are feckless to stop it.

This is a natural consequence of transplanting WW2 politics into a different timeframe or universe. In WW2 there were three clear ideological fronts: nationalists/NatSocs/actual fascists, socialists of various stripes, and liberal or even illiberal democracies. They of course blended into one another (France was and is much closer to communism as a democracy whereas South Africa at the time was closer to nationalism even as it was loyal to Britain) but you could easily identify the blocs vying for control with "non-aligned" being those who existed outside (traditionalist and monarchist nations). Good mods set in different times change it up because they realize they have to. Kaiserreich has broken the back of democracy as a superpower with "paternal autocracy" taking its place, while ideological movements like socialism splinter into subsets familiar irl to those knowledgeable of it. Millennium Dawn necessarily splits "democracy" into a number of different ideologies because almost every country is "democratic" nominally, with democratic socialism and social democracy on the far left and reaction/nationalism on the far right within democracy. Gameplay wise Kaiserreich works better because its setting has factions and alliances founded out of ideology, whereas the modern-day real world has its factions based almost solely upon realpolitik, but because HOI4 faction-making uses ideology as its basis you get hilarious results with Millennium Dawn. I guess this thread has been derailed from gameplay to ranting about the mod, but technically speaking it is the official EaW thread.

How do I spread the reply box vertically, this update is so annoying

>>127189
I always thought gnolls were the underlings of the Storm King, what are those guys called then?
Silver "The Floof" Sword
894f4d2
?
No.127192
127193
As morning comes, the old unicorn starts to stir awake, feeling *very* sore from last night's events. He lets out a low groan.
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127193
127194
>>127192
He is indeed very sore, particularly on his back - he can feel the gnoll bite still, and at several points along his belly. He feels as if stretching is inadvisable, lest a stitch be pulled out, and he has a groggy feeling. Not a hangover, but neither does he feel fine. Still, he feels more rested and "back to normal" than the night before. Judging by the light in the room it is well past sunrise. The space in the bed next to him is empty
Anonymous
894f4d2
?
No.127194
127195
>>127193
His eyes shoot open upon the realization of the empty space on the bed. He rolls over onto his stomach putting his forehooves beneath him, and looks around the room to see if his cuddly griffin is anywhere to be seen.
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127195
127196
>>127194
Yes. She is sitting down at the end of the room, staring out the window. One cloud is visible from his perspective, but near-blue skies.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
894f4d2
?
No.127196
127197
>>127195
He slowly scoots off of the bed, feeling a little stiff and uncomfortable. He speaks out to her.

"Sleep well?"
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127197
127198
>>127196
She takes a moment to respond, Then without turning back, and in a hollow voice
"Not really"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
eca8115
?
No.127198
127199
>>127197
He gives her a concerned look, and waddles over to be next to her.

"What is wrong?"
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127199
127200
>>127198
She does not look back, but sits there
"I fell asleep. At first. Then I woke up from a nightmare, and I couldn't quite go back to sleep, turning around. After a while I did... but I woke up again."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
eca8115
?
No.127200
127201
>>127199
He puts a forehoof on her shoulder.

"Would you like to talk about it?"
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127201
127202
>>127200
"I don't know... It's nothing you don't already know, anyways"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
eca8115
?
No.127202
127203
>>127201
"You do not think it would help to get it off your chest, even if I already know? I am always here if you need support."
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127203
127204
>>127202
"Alright then. I may have killed someone last night, or helped in it anyways. I certainly saw it happen. I saw griffins burned alive. And I helped in the process. I did it, and in doing so I helped along not one but two governments that have tried to or are currently oppressing my people. I saw demonic.... things. I was stabbed. Stabbed pretty badly actually. It still hurts, especially when my chest moves in certain ways like when I twist my body to the right. And so much worse could have happened... That I don't want to think about. I had sex with someone I had only known for five hours... and a pony, no less..."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4f6d201
?
No.127204
127205
>>127203
Although it stings to have himself and what they did before bed among that list, he still stays there. He gives the griffon a hug, if she needs it.
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127205
127206
>>127204
For a moment, she stays sitting upright, resisting the hug. Then she leans into him, turning her head into him, and shedding a few tears.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4f6d201
?
No.127206
127207
>>127205
He pats and rubs her back with a hoof.

"I am truly sorry you were put through all of that. No one deserves to be. I hope you know I am always here for you, if you need it."
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127207
127208
>>127206
Her head and neck stretch out, and are fairly long. She presses up against him

"I'll have you know. I am not 'easy'."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4f6d201
?
No.127208
127209
>>127207
He holds her tight in a hug.

"Then I will have to work just that much harder if I want you."
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127209
127210
>>127208
The griffin is hugged, and she seems to smile, as she keeps her eyes closed, and sniffs
"I will admit. I did have fun last night. Dancing with you. Trying whiskey for the firs time. Trying the other thing... Really helped to take my mind off of things. I just didn't do so well after it ended"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4f6d201
?
No.127210
127211
>>127209
"I am glad you feel that way. I had much fun with you, too. Most fun I have had in long time."

He looks up at her.

"I hope we can do more fun things while you are here in Baltimare."
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127211
127212
>>127210
She looks back at him
"When you say you 'want' me... When I was in Midora you could see it sometimes. Not that common, but certainly not rare. Pony stallions from the occupation force with female griffins. They were like war prizes. Trophies. Part of the spoils of conquest. I had contempt for them. I do not want to be a prize. I would like to do fun things... I just... don't want to be a prize"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4f6d201
?
No.127212
127213
>>127211
He gives her another squeeze.

"I would not want to be, either. I do not want you as prize, or trophy, or anything like that. I value you far more than that. I want to get closer to you, as person."
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127213
127214 127215
>>127212
She is squeezed with a little "gack!" No squeaky sound like in a pony

"I guess I... wouldn't mind staying around you. While I am here at least. In Equestria. You've been pretty nice. I would ask what you're getting out of it but... I guess I know the answer to that. Just.... don't think any lesser of me. Last night I was under a lot of stress and I needed an escape. I still do. Let me stay with you for now, but don't think of me as a whore, or a war prize, or anything like that."
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127214
127216
>>127213
>don't think of me as... a war prize
For some reason, this sentence sounds... weird in a contextual way. A funny idea that she has a creeping notion that she's an object to her liberators.
or maybe she doesn't feel free just yet.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4f6d201
?
No.127215
127216
>>127213
He smiles at her.

"I can agree with that. I would rather think of you as friend."
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127216
127217 127221
>>127214
Iron can wake up too, by the way

>>127215
She smiles at him, and then hugs him back, with her claws
"Thank you... You'll be a good friend, I know it"
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127217
127218
>>127216
The real pondering is... would Sands actually escape the sleep grapple?
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127218
127222
>>127217
Of course, when Iron totally naturally fell asleep, she was ontop
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4f6d201
?
No.127221
127223
>>127216
He's content to stay there for a few seconds, before releasing his hold on the griffon.

"Well, want to get started on this day? We do still have Maakie's house on waterfront to look at. I imagine it would make for better housing for both of us than this room."
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127222
127223
>>127218
Oh. Completely missd that.
Iron's eyes groggily open, body and mind feeling number than he'd like judging by the sprawled limbs and slightly opened, lazy mouth, and lets out a long groan.
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127223
127224 127226
>>127221
She is silent for a moment, shakes her head, and blinks
"There's a house?!"

>>127222
Iron opens his eyes. He feels.... not good, really. Like he has slept nearly enough. He has a bit of a headache and feels very sore, with multiple pains in his body. He is positioned in exactly the way he fell asleep, on his back, with a few limbs up into the air. He can see someone moving over him. It can only be White Sands, from her coat color. She places a hoof on him and taps him. It feels almost as if she is releasing him, letting him go from some ordained position, though in that moment Iron feels like he is paralyzed and unable to move. The slightest attempt to move his hoof reveals that this is nothing other than an illusion, and he can in fact move freely. She speaks to him:

"Iron? Sweetie? Yes. Where are those jewels again? I tried to go get them this morning, but it seems I remembered the wrong street address. That, or the taxi took me to the wrong place, but... what was it again?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4f6d201
?
No.127224
127225
>>127223
He nods, and shows her the deed.

"Yes, like I told you last night when I showed you this room. I had not chance yet to look at it."
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127225
127228
>>127224
She looks at it, stretching out her head closer to the paper
"Did you.... take that griffin's house?"
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127226
127227
>>127223
Iron feels himself blink once or twice at the sudden freedom, slowly craning his neck as he groans further. "Nngh... why are you asking me this now?" he asks groggily, haven't fully shaken off that tired feeling. "What time is it?"
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127227
127231
>>127226
"It's a.... it's a bit past 10. I just wanted everything to be alright for you this morning is all"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4f6d201
?
No.127228
127229
>>127225
He nods again.

"It was inside Maakie's safe, if nothing else."
a5f14d0
?
No.127229
127232
>>127228
She looks at him more
"I see... I wonder if they will let you keep it. But if you can, that's pretty neat"
a5f14d0
?
No.127230
127232
Dice
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127231
127233
>>127227
Iron smiles, shaking his head at her worry. "Ah, do not worry," he said dismissively "Things should go alright. No tens will disrupt the results."
The native proceeds to try to roll side to side, warming up his body. "Have faith, love," he sweetly continues, deciding to plant a kiss on the hoof at the end of his side swing.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4f6d201
?
No.127232
127233
>>127229
"I hope so too. It would be nice to have actual house, again."

He turns around and starts grabbing his stuff to take with him.

"You and Khoi were bonding little bit last night, yes? Would you mind if she stayed with us as well, since I do not know where else she would stay?"

>>127230
???
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127233
127234 127237
>>127231
She smiles
"I can go fetch it for you, if you want to sleep more here. No need to get up, sweetie"

>>127232
"Yes, that is alright"

Silver is able to fetch his saddlebag, the sword he found, all of the drugs, potions, and bottles of whiskey he took, and bed sheets
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4f6d201
?
No.127234
127235
>>127233
He motions to some of the other supplies he can't carry, like his old heavy armor, a bunch of coffee cans with nails sticking out of them, construction tools, and some 4x4/2x4s.

"Can you help carry these to my cart outside?"
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127235
127236
>>127234
"Uh... sure"
She tries to grab items with her beak and claws, carrying wood.

Presumably, she helps to carry these to a waiting cart outside... assuming the cart has not been stolen
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4f6d201
?
No.127236
127238
>>127235
I sure hope it wasn't.

After that, he checks inside the tavern with Glass to see who of their party and the rescues are still there.
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127237
127238
>>127233
Iron keeps on rolling from side to side, now gaining a bit more traction. "No need," he answers "this jewelry you speak of isn't really important by itself, but they will be the fuel to boost us forward."
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127238
127239 127258
>>127236
For sure: Mala, Khoi, Meadows, and Midnight

Questionable: Dark Star, Johann, and Blue Skies

Undertoe ought not be there at all

>>127237
"I... I see. Well I hope it doesn't get stolen, or raided or anything"
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127239
127240
>>127238
Iron cocks his head, wondering what in the heck was she talking about. "What do you mean?" he asks curiously "Is something biting you on the tail?"
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127240
127241
>>127239
"No, don't be silly"
She smiles anxiously

"Just... I guess everything will be fine"
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127241
127242
>>127240
Iron raises an eyebrow, rubbing one of his eyes. "You can tell me what's gnawing at you," he promptly responds, poking her hoof with his free hoof in an attempt to hold it. "We are together, after all, there is no need to hide anything from me."
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127242
127244
>>127241
"Nothing, it's just... i can be anxious with so much money in some zebra's apartment"
Anonymous
66df888
?
No.127243
127245 127249
1586650519.png
>>127184
>>127186
>>127187
>>127189
>>127190
>>127191
Ciao
As a matter of fact it's not difficult at all to get in contact with the dev team. Just set up a EaW livestream with 50 or so people watching and you're practically guaranteed to get a couple of devs to talk directly to. That's less impressive than it sounds since the mod has over a hundred different contributors so someone's bound to jump in. If you're sticking to your hypothesis that means "muh diversity" flavortext is indeed inevitable. Mod developers also tend to overlap across mods so it's somewhat of a cohesive community. You'll be disappointed to learn that Zebrica borders are set in stone and won't be changed. Hope this helps.
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127244
127245
>>127242
"What bothers you in particular about that statement?" he asks innocently, shifting his body towards hers as he strains himself to sit up.
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127245
127246 127247
>>127243
Who are you?

>>127244
"Just... it could be lost, or raided, or stolen. Or something" She replies
Anonymous
62b4dab
?
No.127246
127248
>>127245
I saw those lengthy gameplay posts so I decided to ask the devs a few choice questions (politely) when I got the chance.
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127247
127248
>>127245
"I doubt it," Iron replies calmly, deciding to stand up on the bed and starting to stretch tiredly. "She knows what she's doing."
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127248
127250 127252
>>127246
Oh... I actually have talked to the devs before. They were not terribly receptive to the criticism of Zebrica's size.

Hoi4, as it is, is hell on computers that are not specifically built for the express purpose of running Hoi4, and I can't imagine that will get any better when the size of the map is more than doubled. But whatever I guess.

>>127247
"Oh... okay then."
She lays down on her belly on the bed
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127249
127252
>>127243
Are you a livestreamer I might know?
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127250
127251
>>127248
Seeing Sands' choice of pose, Iron decides to reciprocate with his own laying down in front of her, nuzzling her tenderly. "Did you sleep well?" he asks, tired voice still apparent.
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127251
127254
>>127250
She smiles, and bats a hoof at him
"Not bad, if I may say. It's a rather nice bed"
She presses down on it to demonstrate her point, as the mattress gives where her hooves press
Anonymous
66df888
?
No.127252
127253
>>127248
Ah, nvm then.

>>127249
Heavens no, I was just a viewer.
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127253
127275
>>127252
Well still, Hi! It's good to see someone else here who likes EaW.

I just contacted them on discord, and that was many months ago
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127254
127255
>>127251
Iron, snout pressed against fluffy unicorn, closes his eyes slightly. "Bed...," he mumbles happily, blinking slowly with a half-lidded look between tired and playful. "How are your wounds coming along?"
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127255
127256
>>127254
She pauses for a moment
"I feel better... It's still very much unpleasant, though"
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127256
127257
>>127255
Iron's chin proceeds to reside on Sands' tuft, looking up at her with a little smile on his face. "That is good to hear," he replies sweetly "Sorry for not taking the fireball for you, love." His happy expression turns mildly playful once more. "I guess I am too hot for that according to that bastard."
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127257
127263
>>127256
He feels cooler than usual at the moment though, and so does she

"It's alright."
She pets his head, a hoof knocking his right ear down

"He got what he deserved"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4f6d201
?
No.127258
127259
>>127238
What about Keskoo?
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127259
127260
>>127258
Keskoo is present as well
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4f6d201
?
No.127260
127261
>>127259
Great, Silver grabs Khoi and Keskoo. Keskoo isn't going to be living in the same house as Silver, Khoi, and Jubilosa, but he has other ideas in mind for her. He also makes sure to visit Mala so he can reassure him that Silver hasn't forgotten about him and his promise to take him out for food. He just has a couple things to do first.
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127261
127262
>>127260
She's a dead ringer for White Sands, minus the darker eyes, no evidence of burns, ruffled and disheveled mane and fur, and a general silence. Snow white with long flowing desire red mane and tail, emerald eyes. She is found sleeping on her belly on the floor in one room near the window. Khoi is in the same room, sleeping on her belly in bed with Meadows, who is on her side, and "cuddling" Khoi
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4f6d201
?
No.127262
127264
>>127261
After silently squeeing over the adorable sight of Khoi and Meadows, Silver gently shakes Keskoo and Khoi awake.
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127263
127264
>>127257
"Indeed," was all Iron could say as he embraced the unicorn once more, beaming despite the mental weight on his mind that is drowsiness.
"...I sure hope that changeling is alright," he muses aimlessly, probably daydreaming "I would have totally given it a hug to see if they were as cold as the elders taught me."
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127264
127265 127266
>>127262
Khoi opens her eyes instantly, as if she had been laying there awake, and raises her head. Keskoo takes more of a shake, and looks around before looking up to Silver with a "what." Khoi is delicate enough to get out of bed without waking Meadows. She covers Meadows with the blanket after she gets up. In all of this time, Khoi does not speak without being spoken to, and Keskoo says nothing beyond her initial bout of confusion

>>127263
She is like a pillow or stuffed animal when grabbed

She gives Iron a skeptical look
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4f6d201
?
No.127265
127267
>>127264
He urges them to follow him out of the room, where he talks to them.

"Sorry to wake you, but I am getting ready to leave. I have solutions, or at least potential solutions, for housing for both of you, if you are interested."
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127266
127267
>>127264
Iron sighs gently, encompassing himself in pillowy-flesh goodness. "Smooth, cool chitin..." he mumbles some more "I wonder if someday they would not have to resort to disguising themselves to get that love they need to survive with. I bet they do not need it."
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127267
127268 127269
>>127265
Khoi nods
"Yes, very much so"

Keskoo has some hesitance to her
"Are you from government? Is this I get assistance?" she asks, often putting her hoof in the air as if afraid to step forward

>>127266
She narrows her eyes
"What are you implying?"
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127268
127270
>>127267
Iron, being too busy with coddling himself with unicorn fluff, just continues on. "Sure, the power to turn into anyone can spook anyone out," he ponders "but is it not tiring for them to simply be someone who they are not all the time?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4f6d201
?
No.127269
127270
>>127267
He smiles awkwardly at Keskoo.

"Sort of. I will find place for you to stay, both of you. Go by my cart outside. I will be there in second, I will just leave note for Meadows explaining where you two went for when she gets up."
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127270
127271 127272
>>127268
"You don't need to trouble yourself with that"
She pets him

>>127269
"Oh... okay"
She starts to goes outside

Khoi:
"I need to talk to you in private"
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127271
127273
>>127270
"But I do want to," Iron counters, somewhat frustrated as he huffs dejectedly in unicorn fluff "There is all sorts of over the top stories of how changelings can do this or that from elders to these concrete jungle dwellers, and I cannot help but wonder incessantly abou them, specially after losing the chance I will most likely ever get to meet one."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4f6d201
?
No.127272
127273
>>127270
Silver nods to her, as Keskoo goes outside.
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127273
127274 127298
>>127271
She pets him again
"I know. They said that they make the most magical honey. Just a taste will send anypony into escatasy they say. Like the feeling of falling in love for the first time, all in a jelly form."
She pets one more time, for the last time
"And they say that they can shapeshift into the most beautiful of mares, and are experienced enough to perform the most pleasurable of sex acts. If only you can cow them into not biting afterwards..."
Her petting has slowed down, and she misses the beat, not petting Iron
"But do not worry. If you didn't get the chance to see her, she did not get the chance to be captured. To be crushed like a bloodsucking tick... or kept as a honey bee... Be happy for her"

>>127272
When Keskoo goes away, she whispers to him
"Who is she exactly? Was she.... replaced by the Kuhimo? What happened to the Kuhimo?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4f6d201
?
No.127274
127276
>>127273
He whispers back.

"I believe that is pony she got disguise from. I do not know what happened to her, other than Iron took her with him."
Anonymous
66df888
?
No.127275
127276
>>127253
Equestria at War really deserves a lot of attention even as popular as it is already. The EaW community is also less cancerous than the broader "brony" fandom. Do you think it's a good idea to attract people here by mentioning we have a whole DnD campaign built around EaW?
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127276
127277
>>127274
Silent for a moment, she breaths in, then breathes out. Her magenta eyes are wide in fear
"That is dangerous. I saw what it did to the poor mare, to the griffin.... to that pony. We can't let her do it again"

>>127275
Sure. I haven't really talked to EaW people about the campaign, but others may as well know of the love letter to the mod here
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4f6d201
?
No.127277
127278
>>127276
"Hmm...yes, but it is...difficult. It is possible she is still with Iron. Perhaps she has settled on him as source of food?"
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127278
127279
>>127277
"I don't know... Should we be worried for him?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4f6d201
?
No.127279
127280
>>127278
"I do not know. Naturally, I am worried for anypony in that position. But...this is Iron, we are talking about. You may not know him personally, but if anypony would be alright in this situation, it would be Iron."
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127280
127281
>>127279
"He.... is very strong... But I do not know. The legends of the Kumiho never end well for the stallion..."
She looks worried
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4f6d201
?
No.127281
127282
>>127280
He pats her shoulder.

"I will look for him when I get chance, see how he is doing. Now, let me make note for Meadows, then we will leave for new housing."
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127282
127283
>>127281
She nods, with a worried look
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4f6d201
?
No.127283
127284
>>127282
He makes a note for Meadows explaining what's what, and leaves it in her room. He also motions for Khoi to go out to the cart while he does a checkup on Mala.
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127284
127285
>>127283
Midnight is sprawled out on the floor in the room that belonged to Onyx. Mala has migrated to laying up next to Midnight at her feet. Unlike Khoi or Jubilosa, Mala is definitely still asleep
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4f6d201
?
No.127285
127286
>>127284
Silver smiles at the sight, and decides to make a note for him, too, so he doesn't have to wake up. He writes in the note that he left to take care of some of the rescues' housing problems, and that he'll be back for lunch to take Mala out to eat.

After he's done, he returns to the cart and to the small party he's gathered.
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127286
127287
>>127285
He growls, and smacks his mouth, before batting a leg, and stretching his legs out. His stomach makes various sounds, and he places a leg over Midnight. Midnight is snoring. Loudly.

Keskoo stands near the cart, sometimes moving around as if she has difficulty staying on her feet. Jubilosa sits, shakes her wings, and tries to preen a feather or two. Khoi stands still, almost perfectly so
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4f6d201
?
No.127287
127288
>>127286
Silver joins them, and starts to hitch himself to the cart.

"Ready to go?"
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127288
127289
>>127287
Jubilosa comes up next to Iron
"Sure"

Khoi walks forward, slightly behind
"Yes"

Keskoo is less certain, and stays towards the back
"I will follow"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4f6d201
?
No.127289
127290
>>127288
Silver nods to them, and leads the way to the waterfront house.
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127290
127291 127292
>>127289
Silver goes along his way. Up Arabian Avenue through Eastside. Past Cowtown and its wharf where the warehouses at Blackbriar road are sectioned off. Silver turns onto the road that follows alongside the harbor bay, and onto the peninsula. For a while, Silver passes rowhouses that become newer and nicer the further north he goes, then to so many lots of small single family houses with little to yards, and finally he is on the road itself.

Silver is on the interior side of the peninsula, which rises with a small hill along its length, preventing any view of the ocean. But looking into the harbor over houses, Silver can see, off in the distance, houses, a cannery, and thick forest on the opposite side of Horseshoe Bay in the Darrien. Closer, he can see the small peninsula that has formed around the exit of the Hayseed River - Locust Promintory, and ontop of it, Fort Magnus at the end, the immigration facility and the passenger terminal. An ocean liner that must have been interned in the bay for so long as Ocean raiders swarmed the seas now has smoke coming out of its three stacks. Just down from Locust Promintory, Silver can see the Red Heart Neighborhood, including the Skynavian enclave that juts out into the water slightly, factories, then the wharf and warehouses of Red Heart, then even 33 Hoebuck itself, and closer to the Northside of the bay. Just past there begins Cowtown, which stretches along the water with small docks for yachts and fishing boats, some houses, the Curwhinny Mansion, and later more industrial buildings like the refinery, before ending in docks and a smoldering area, and finally wrapping around closer to Silver's position. Beyond these things, beyond the harbor, Silver can see a few buildings, like the Insurance building, the headquarters of the Tall Sails Shipping Company, sticking out onto the horizon.

Silver passes houses, a boardwalk with restaurants, then past a bay side park with a Ferris wheel, before entering still another area. To the left there are streets, houses, and commercial buildings, and the same to the right, although the buildings are further apart, and the line of development is thin. The top of the hill is lined with houses at some points, and covered in deciduous trees, or even grass, at others. Silver sees that he has entered "Cherry Hill," and though Silver may assume that it is a part of Baltimare, given that he hasn't seen a sign saying "now leaving Baltimare," it feels very different. Single family homes, more green, and absolutely no sign of shelling. At one point, Silver has to stop on the road for passing children crossing to an elementary school on the other side, and he can note the absence of any zebra colts or griffin chicks, although the percentage of unicorns and especially pegasi is much higher. To his right are mostly houses and occasional restaurants along the water, though Silver may note a long stretching park that has pegasi colts at play, with the bay beyond it.

Then Silver reaches his destination
Silver "The Floof" Sword
894f4d2
?
No.127291
127292
>>127290
Silver wonders at how strange this neighborhood is compared to those they just passed.

"It certainly is very...protected, here. Unlike much of rest of city."

Silver trots up to their destination, looking at its exterior.
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127292
127293
>>127290
>>127291
Now Silver comes to the spot itself.

The road Silver is on follows alongside the waterfront, never more than 200 feet away if that. To the right is the water, and the road is not far above sea level at all, at least at hightide (which of course it is now), and to the right the land rises many feet sharply up the peninsula.

The lot is long and kind of narrow, stretching out to the water. There is exposed sand at points, but mostly it is covered in grass, although Silver sees a plot that was clearly intended to be a small garden, though it is not planted. The sides of the lot are marked by a stone wall that is no more than 3 feet tall and not really effective as a wall. There is a small driveway, entirely dirt, that goes to the house, and something like a place to park.

The house is located on stilts or columns that elevate it above the ground the equivalent of one floor. The area underneath the house is sectioned in by a lattice wood pattern that lets you see through, except on the left side, where there is space that would allow for an automobile, a cart..... maybe a boat to go through. To the right is a solid area underneath the house where there is a room for some purpose, and also on the right is a stairway leading up to a door.

The house itself is tall and appears to be a square or rectangular shape. It's two stories, although a triangular roof and it's placement on stilts make it look taller than three stories. The walls jetty out over the latice structure on the sides, and silver can see glass windows with drapes adorning the flat walls of the building. It is a brown color, and seems to be stucco or perhaps covered in a stone facade that gives it that color. Looking through the lattice framework, Silver can see that there is a staircase on the other side, and he can likewise see waves splashing against the shore just a hundred and fifty feet away
Anonymous
894f4d2
?
No.127293
127294 127296
>>127292
Hmm...can I make a request? Can we have it that Silver ended up with the keys Maakie had on him, after Iron unlocked his safe? It occurs to me one of those was likely the key to his house.
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127294
127295
>>127293
Oh now you think of it. Uh, I guess so, since he did ask for, and I think, get some items from Iron that came from the safe
Silver "The Floof" Sword
894f4d2
?
No.127295
127297
>>127294
Thanks!

Moment of truth: Silver unlocks the front door, and enters into the house proper.
Anonymous
10f1a7f
?
No.127296
127297
>>127293
Nah, have Silver try to break into his own house like in a sitcom.
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127297
127348
>>127295
It is worth mentioning that there is a window on the area between the triangular halves of the roof, and the roof is covered in reddish terracotta

Silver climbs the stairs, tries more than one key, then opens the door to look inside

Hardwood floors, and a big staircase going up on the right, with some open area going up to the second floor. The darker colors of the floor contrast against soft tones on the walls, a white with pinkish hues. There is a painting of s light house to the right, s well as a coat hanger. To the left is wall that runs much of the length of the first floor, broken up by a door and an arch way, before what Silver can see is a kind of bar, and then an open area with a dining table. To the right of the wall is a large open area that is something like a living room, with coaches, something that may be a pool table under the stairs, a shelf made to look natural and made of branches, fancy rocks, a couple model ships. There is even a stuffed Tiger.

Upstairs, there is a railing and a hall that goes to the left, before coming to a hallway in the center that is just right of the wall with the wall on the second floor in the same place as that on the right, thus with the hallway over hanging into the open area. There are large windows letting in natural light into this area. Upstairs, Silver can see at least three doors. At the far end of the first level, glass lines most of the wall, letting him see a balcony with wooden railing, and the bay.

>>127296
I know right?
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127298
127299
>>127273
Iron stills his heads on Sands' tuft, listening intently as the hoof pets on. "...is that all they are known for?" he asks gently in mild disbelief as his ears fold "Simply being either a source of a drug or sexual fantasy fuel?" The native tuckers himself further into her tuft, shaking his head as his breathing becomes slightly strained. "...so those foals..." he starts, solemn "...they were but sickening toys for him to exploit without mercy."
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127299
127300
>>127298
Her ears swivels, and she lifts her head to look back to him
"What?"
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127300
127301
>>127299
"...would you believe me if I told you I already met two changeling foals not too long ago in an underground house cavern filled with restraints and cages of a 'poh-lee-tea-cian'?" Iron asks tentatively, stirken with mild grief now that he realizes the foals' actual purposes inside there. "...I had hoped it was not something so... depraved... and disgusting."
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127301
127302
>>127300
She sits upright, with both ears upright
"That's terrible! .... What happened to them?"
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127302
127303
>>127301
"I believe they were sent back to the changeling lands," Iron surmises, head softly removing itself from her tuft, revealing a solemn, contemplating look from how his tired eyes were half-lidded and ears folded. "...I thought that... I could not make up my mind about changelings until I actually met some...ling to relay their species to me from their point of view." He looks up to Sands with a saddened, but hopeful look. "I know it is dangerous, as they would no doubt be hostile to me from what I am, but I am tired of hearing these... stupid weaklings in this concrete town trying to jam what the chitinous folk are into me." The last words were left in a state of mild frustration, exhaling harshly, looking sideways "Deathly afraid of something they may as well not know about in the slightest."
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127303
127304
>>127302
She looks at him, and moves her head forward as she asks
"What were the legends your elders told you?"
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127304
127305
>>127303
Iron glances towards Sands.
"Cold-hearted beings whose sole method to survive is to drain love from others by disguising themselves into something that the target can love," he responds, mildly upset "Mainly introduced it as a story about a colt that hastily married some random filly that popped up in the forest one day, ending in either physical or emotional death, maybe even with their heart ripped out depending on the elder." The native huffs remembering the story. "I bet not even one of them has actually met one, and have been panicking like the ponies here do because some young colt came back and told such a story to the tribe once or twice."
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127305
127306
>>127304
"That's.... more true than false, I suppose. But who can really say if they met one or not? If she is doing her job correctly, they wouldn't even know they met her at all."
She smiles at Iron
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127306
127307
>>127305
Iron pouts softly, looking at Sands. "But I want to meet one so I can actually dispel the truth from the myth," he answers dejectedly "maybe find something they can proudly parade it around without being called monsters for the action." That's when his eyes widened, imaginative mind turning itself on, as Iron looks up to the ceiling "Maybe they're innate silk masters, or they always know how one is feeling at all times, or actually prudes of the highest magnitude!" he proclaims before deflating slightly. "But all the distrust between changelings and ponies only filters out the bad..."
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127307
127308
>>127306
She places her hoof back on Iron
"All these are silly thoughts. Don't trouble yourself with it. Why did you even bring it up, anyways? These drugs must have messed with your mind. Think of the future instead"
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127308
127309
>>127307
Iron sighs, laying down in mild disappointment. "I would like to meet one..." he mutters softly before stretching himself on the bed belly down, grunting lightly. "Discovery is fun."
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127309
127310
>>127308
She pets him again
"For all you know, you may have"
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127310
127311
>>127309
Iron's pout only increases in intensity at the response. "...I want to know for sure," he mumbles, almost digging his snout inside the bed. "No illusions nor lies, but an honest heart-to-heart with one."
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127311
127312
>>127310
"Want to know what exactly?"
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127312
127313
>>127311
"Everything," he declares, muffled by the sheets "If a changeling's body is actually cold from lack of love, what sort of values they follow, how the ponies became deathly afraid of them, what sort of hobbies they do."
The natives pulls his head up, somewhat excited. "Do you not know how many things we do not know about them?"
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127313
127314
>>127312
"I suppose not" she says, evidently listening to Iron
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127314
127315
>>127313
Iron's limbs slowly retract in order to properly lay down on the bed. "So you understand how amazing it would be to actually meet one without the fear of it kidnapping either one of us for whatever they would want to do on a living pony, right?" he continues, almost bouncing lightly on the bed.
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127315
127316
>>127314
Turning her head to the side
"And...?"
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127316
127317
>>127315
Iron stops, somewhat stunned at the indifference Sands is currently expressing. "We are talking about the discovery of a mysterious, evasive species," he proclaims, giddy still "is that not exciting to know?" he pauses, looking at Sands curiously. "...or do you already know?"
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127317
127318
>>127316
"It's just... not what I expected to be taking about this morning. Is this.... your next big project, or something?"
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127318
127319
>>127317
Iron shakes his head. "Simply sharing interests," he responds smoothly, deciding to embrace Sands once more lovingly. "You are my love, after all. I should not hide anything from you."
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127319
127320
>>127318
Soft, if cool, to hug
"I just find it odd you obsess over this, of all things..." She looks back to him. "Did you say you were part of some sort of local gang?"
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127320
127321
>>127319
"Mhmm," Iron replies, engrossed over unicorn fluff, particularly attracted to the cool sensation of it.
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127321
127322
>>127320
A fluffy pillow

"Which one?" she asks
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127322
127323
>>127321
"There is no other one," Iron pratically coos at the sensation while still answering "but the Waterfront one."
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127323
127325
>>127322
"Did they ask you to find a Changeling?"
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127324
Test
[1d20 = 19]
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127325
127326
>>127323
"No..:" he answers dreamily "Like I said... It is simply to sate my curiosity."
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127326
127327
>>127325
Sense motive
[1d20+6 = 11]
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127327
127328
>>127326
Iron doesn't have any intentions to oust her for anything, if his nuzzling and caressing weren't clear enough. He seems genuine when speaking about his reasons to meet a changeling.
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127328
127329
>>127327
"Iron? Why did you bring up Changelings?"
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127329
127330 127340
>>127328
Iron creaks open an eye to look up to Sands. "It is something that has been bugging me for a while, from how nopony really knows what is a changeling," he responds, tiredness creeping back in "only an embellished, demonized version of it. I am pretty sure I told you this not too long ago."
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127330
127331
>>127329
"Right.... But why this morning?"
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127331
127332
>>127330
"At what other time would I have mentioned it?" he asks curiously.
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127332
127333
>>127331
"Just... I had to wonder is all."
She pats him, and smiles
"What about me? Hmmm?"
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127333
127334
>>127332
Iron's ears fold at the petting, nuzzling Sands. "You have incredible passion," he answers dreamily, deciding to lightly peck at her neck. "Tangling myself with you will undoubtedly bring a lot of surprises for the future."
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127334
127335
>>127333
Pony is nuzzled

"Hehe"
She giggles, and smiles to him in a mischievous way
"Have you not had enough already?"
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127335
127336
>>127334
Iron chuckles, getting his mouth off her beck to lightly kiss the tip of her snout playfully. "You underestimate my capabilities, love," he answers shortly after. "True stallions always need to be ready to please their mare at any time, you know?"
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127336
127337
>>127335
She flinches back, surprised by the act
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127337
127338
>>127336
Iron chuckles at the flinching. "You do feel a bit reserved, still," he continues "like you are worried about something in particular that I cannot quite place."
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127338
127339
>>127337
"It is not easy to be involved with so much.... I will feel safer when there is money and security"
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127339
127341
>>127338
"Aside from that aspect," he answers before humming softly "...I do not really know that much about you in general, aside from the passion and cunning you have shown me so far."
Spirit of a Sardonic Economist
10f1a7f
?
No.127340
127342
>>127329
bugging
Nice pun
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127341
127342
>>127339
"I regard those as my finer features. As for my past... that's best not brought into the light."
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127342
127343 127344
>>127341
Iron can't help but sigh at the response before shaking his head, replacing his disappointment with a curious smile. "Oh, how would you describe yourself?" he asks, interested.
>>127340
:^)
Spirit of a Sardonic Economist
10f1a7f
?
No.127343
127345
>>127342
>how would you describe yourself
The most dreaded interview question
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127344
127345
>>127342
"Trying to survive, and thrive if possible, with what advantages I have." She answers, and not so playfully
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127345
127352 127363
>>127343
Ironically enough, it may as well be it.
>>127344
Iron pouts at Sands' answer. "That is a pretty boring answer, honestly," he responds before huggling the mare some more, taking such an opportunity to double check Sands' cutiemark.
Anonymous
a5f14d0
?
No.127346
127347 127352
1586690313.png
And.... that's enough for tonight. Or this morning
Spirit of a Sardonic Economist
10f1a7f
?
No.127347
>>127346
Happy Easter! I'm looking forward to joining this soon.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127348
127349 127350
>>127297
Silver lets out a long, low whistle at the sight of the interior. He trots over towards the center of the living room.

"Pretty fancy. Fancier than anything else I have lived in before."
Anonymous
b4f099b
?
No.127349
127350 127351 127401
>>127348
Going into the living room area Silver can see that it occupied the entire half of the the first floor past the entry foyer and stairs. There is indeed a pool table located in part underneath the stairs, which is open. There is something like a wicker and white cushioned love seat on the far wall, and a couch against the right wall, with a hardwood table between them. On the right wall, to the left of the couch and to the right are narrow shelves decorated to look as if they were made of driftwood, the one between the couch and loveseat is shorter and adjacent to a small table with a lamp, and both are capped in model ships, the one between the couch and the loveseat in the corner looking like a yacht, and the one between the couch and the pool table looking like a naval wooden sailing vessel. On the shelves are wooden constructs that resemble totems, like a zebra’s head, and whether these are the artifacts of small seafaring civilizations or knockoffs of the same is hard to tell..

The left wall does not go all the way to the ocean facing wall on the far side, but rather stops with an exit from a room and a small bar. Between the bar and the far side is a dining area with a table and four chairs. On the side of the left wall closest to the street and adjacent to entry foyer is is a closed wooden door. Past this is an open arch with view of a countertop beyond into the room inside. Between the arch and the end of the wall, the left wall is packed with a taxidermied leopard, which looks rather large for the small stretch of wall, and besides it a wooden stand with a phonograph on it
Anonymous
de189f8
?
No.127350
>>127348
>>127349
Jubilosa, silent at first, runs about
"Ooh! This is nice here. What are these? Boats? And a view of the ocean!" She plops down on the

Keskoo at first remains cautiously behind, then goes halfway up the stairs, but comes back down when Silver and the other creatures do not go that way. Coming into the living room area, she stops besides the leopard, staring at it, inspecting it, and touching it with her hoof.

Khoi trots in calmly, looking around in all directions, looking through the archway, then coming forward with Silver. She makes a face of disgust at the pool table, looks with particular curiosity at the Leopard, and then comes forward to inspect the phonograph, touching its features with her hoof.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127351
127353
>>127349
Silver almost gets on the couch to try it out...but realizes quickly that with everything he's gone through from last night, he needs a bath. He trots back to go up the stairs, looking at his current companions.

"I will be back soon, I am going to look for bathroom and wash up. Go ahead and have look around if you want."
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127352
127353
>>127346
>>127345
Never forgetti/s]
Anonymous
de189f8
?
No.127353
127354 127401
>>127351
Jubilosa looks back up to Silver
"Alright Silver, I'll check out things down here"
She stands up, and goes over to the dining area. He can hear her say "Neat, there's a bar!" when he is out of range.

Keskoo remains by the leopard, though she now takes interest in the phonograph as well.

Khoi answers "Very well," and then trots over around the leopard and through the arch into the other room.

Going upstairs, Silver can see that the hallway forms a sort of "T" shape. A corner of the second floor on the right and towards the street is open air, with the stairway going to the far right wall. A hallway hangs between the wall and the open air, going between the right wall and a left wall that mirrors the left wall on the first floor above it, with a dark wooden railing. Though the steps are wooden, the floor of the second floor is covered in a light blue carpet. The hallway that runs along the left wall over hangs into the foryer, with a door on that side, a small set of shelves at the end on the street side, and then forms a hall going between two rooms that ends in a door, and does not extend as far as the left wall on the first floor. There is a door at the end, a door on the wall that faces the street, a door closer to the street on the left wall, one in the center of the left hallway, and one at the very end of the hall on the left.

>>127352
Uh...
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127354
127355
>>127353
"So many doors..."

Silver is faced with little option but to try them all and see which doors lead where.
Anonymous
de189f8
?
No.127355
127356 127401
>>127354
The first door enters into a large bathroom with separate bath and shower (only porcelain sinks though)

The one on the left enters into an empty room with windows on the left facing the street, on the far side facing the property East, and two doors to the right, one sliding and the one closet to the hall a normal wooden door.

The door in the center opens to what looks like a bathroom, with a door on the left, another on the right, and past the entryway a combination bathtub and shower on the left, a small wall on the left that hides what is presumably a toilet, sinks on the right, and the farside has a window to the adjacent property.

The door on the right opens inwards into a bedroom, which has a queen bed, a seat, a door that goes into the same bathroom, windows on the far side and right, and then a door that opens onto what is visible as a wooden balcony, as well as a dresser and a nightstand.

The door at the end of of the hallway opens into a room with a king sized bed along the right wall as well as a night stand, a radio and a dresser along the left, and on the side that is closest to the street, a taxidermied medium sized brownish canine-looking creature with stripes on the lower back, and generally like nothing Silver has ever seen before, and a globe. There is a door that goes into what is presumably the first bathroom Silver saw, and a door and windows to the wooden balcony that faces the ocean.

Most rooms open up into high ceilings, with the ceiling having exposed though sparsely spaced wooden rafters from which lights and ceiling fans hang. In a few areas, there are no rafters, but rather the ceiling is open air, with skylights above letting in still more natural light
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127356
127357
>>127355
"Huh...three bedrooms, if I got furniture for empty one. Yes...this could work."

Silver chooses the first, large bathroom for his bathing needs.
Anonymous
b4f099b
?
No.127357
127358
>>127356
Paradoxically, this bathroom, despite clearly being the master bath, is not even as fancy as the one on top of Hoebuck. The sinks are porcelain and the bathtub doesn’t even have subjects. Nevertheless, there is some attempt to make the tiles in the shower look like stone through choice of color, and it’s roomy enough. There is only one shampoo (no conditioner) and a bottle of oil, along with a sponge, luffa and soap
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127358
127359 127401
>>127357
Silver wonders to himself as he readies the bath how much it would cost to improve the niceness of the master bathroom. It certainly isn't something to skimp out on, in his mind.

"Oh well, thoughts for another day."

He lets out a sigh of relief when he gets into the warm bath water. It's very relaxing after the hell he went through last night.
Anonymous
b4f099b
?
No.127359
127360 127401
>>127358
The water comes, though not wholly without issue, taking a moment to come to full pressure, and then almost a full minute for it to become warm. But there is, ultimately, enough warm water for the bathtub

Silver has bandages on, covering his wounds, and these still give some pain, including in contact with the water.

Dried blood washes off of him. His own blood, the blood of griffins, zebras, of Oreo, and of the gnoll. The dried remnants of blood in centuries old undead, and the blood of Jubilosa. He washes off saltwater, dirt, smoke particulates, fuel oil, and the dust of a long undisturbed cavern. Finally, he washes off the the remnants of his lovemaking.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127360
127361
>>127359
Silver can definitely say he's far cleaner now than he was earlier. Even with the pain of his wounds, he feels far better. He gets out, drains the bathtub water, and dries off with a towel.

Feeling clean and now back to his normal floofy self, he heads back downstairs to join the others.
Anonymous
b4f099b
?
No.127361
127362
>>127360
There are only four towels, but surely enough. Silver gets out, fluffier than before

Downstairs, the creatures seem to have separated. Jubilosa has placed a bottle of wine she found on the table in the living room, as she is laying on her back passed out, with her rogue hanging out of her open beak and her right foreleg on her chest.

Sounds come from the kitchen, the door to outside is partly open, and Keskoo is nowhere to be seen
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127362
127364
>>127361
Silver looks at Jubilosa on the couch, then trots over to the kitchen where Khoi presumably is.
Anonymous
b4f099b
?
No.127363
127430
>>127345
She sits up, and throws her forehooves to the air, in a clear “I give up”

Iron can see her cutie mark: a needle and red thread
Anonymous
b4f099b
?
No.127364
127365
>>127362
Silver goes over and sees Khoi placing pots and pans, as well as some food items on the counters. The kitchen looks fairly nice, with an electric stove and wide sinks. There isn’t much food at all, mostly fish and what looks like squid, and even that is low in quantity. A take out bag has been tossed in the trash, with the trash can being placed out in the open as well. There are not many pots or pans, but a few
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127365
127366
>>127364
Silver gives a curious look at what she's doing before speaking up.

"Would you like help with whatever it is you are doing?"
Anonymous
b4f099b
?
No.127366
127367
>>127365
“I am almost finished. I am inventorying the kitchen. The people here before left ‘food’ here”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127367
127368
>>127366
"I see that. We will have to shop for groceries sometime today."

He looks back at the open door.

"Where did Keskoo go?"
Anonymous
b4f099b
?
No.127368
127369
>>127367
If Mint Marine were here, he could probably identify not only the fish but where it lives. Loputu could offer more useful information, such as whether it was caught in the bay or purchased. But this is Khoi, and she just knows she doesn’t want to eat it, setting it to the side with mild disgust. She points with a hoof past the bar and to the balcony

“Outside”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127369
127370
>>127368
He smiles and nods at her.

"Thank you."

Following her direction, he checks up on Keskoo.
Anonymous
b4f099b
?
No.127370
127371
>>127369
There is a double door between the dining area and the living area that opens onto a wooden deck, which has a wooden railing. A table and a couple seats, and extends a little further than the second floor balcony. A wooden staircase descends from the deck down to the ground. There is grass an sand on the ground, and as a whole, this property must not be more than 3 or so feet above the high tide mark. By the water is a string of rocks, and a little sand beyond that, as well as a small dock that extends into the water. There is a small white rowboat tied to the dock, bobbing on the waves. And next to the dock, on the rocks above the sand where the edges of the waves meet the land, is Keskoo. She sits there, staring out into harbor bay
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127371
127372
>>127370
Silver trots over to her.

"Mind if I give you some company?"
Anonymous
b4f099b
?
No.127372
127373
>>127371
She looks over to him, up, and then nods. She turns her head back to the water, seemingly watching a smaller freight ship - probably not ocean going - move across the bay towards the harbor mouth
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127373
127374
>>127372
Silver sits down next to her, looking at the same ship.

"Remind you of home at all?"
Anonymous
cd4c153
?
No.127374
127375
>>127373
"Not really. No. I was inland. And when I saw ocean, there were no big buildings like these. It was much colder. More trees. More rocky shore and less sand."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127375
127376
>>127374
"It sounds like what I have heard about Skynavia. It sounds like hard place to make living."
Anonymous
61b540a
?
No.127376
127377
>>127375
“But I am not from Skynavia. I am from Cubria!” she protests, exhaling through her nose and turning her head. But then she inhales, and answers Silver’s question
“It can be, yes. The growing season is short and not all crops will grow so far north. Some, only further south. The soil is hard and thin. The winters are unforgiving. But we made a living.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127377
127378
>>127376
He bows his head to her.

"My apologies, I did not mean to offend. You are from Cubria."

He returns to looking at the harbor.

"It sounds little bit different from my own Motherland. I have heard, though, that *Cubria* has made ponies who are stronger and more resilient than most."
Anonymous
cd4c153
?
No.127378
127379
>>127377
"I have not met most ponies. But I thought we were resilient. Strong..."

She looks out into the bay again. There are several moving objects. Looks like green water freighters and a couple fishing vessels. A naval ship - or more likely, a patrol ship owned by customs - hangs around near the mouth of the bay
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127379
127380
>>127378
"How are you holding up, with everything?"
Anonymous
cd4c153
?
No.127380
127381
>>127379
"Not.... Good. But I am alive."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127381
127382
>>127380
He nods.

"Anything you want to talk about, get off your mind?"
Anonymous
cd4c153
?
No.127382
127383
>>127381
"I... don't know... They chained me up in the factory floor in there. Yelled at me. Barked at me and hit me. It was not as bad in the collective factory in Everfrost, but it was not so much better either. I am free of both now. And for that, I should be grateful"
She has tears in her emerald eyes
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127383
127384
>>127382
Silver nods.

"It is over. You are free now, and I will help you as much as I am able or as much as you want."
Anonymous
cd4c153
?
No.127384
127385
>>127383
"I was told ponies coming to New Mareland get guaranteed jobs and housing" She says, turning back and looking to him
"Not that I am sure I want to be in another government factory"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127385
127386
>>127384
He smiles.

"I cannot blame you. We can look for other work for you soon, something you actually want to do. What is it you want to do, exactly?"
Anonymous
cd4c153
?
No.127386
127387
>>127385
"Sewing and embroidery, mostly. My grandmother taught me how to make the gákti our ponies would wear. Take dyed thread and mix together blues and yellows. Or even sew metal to leather in the more traditional garb. I can do more, I am sure"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127387
127388
>>127386
Silver strokes his muzzle in thought, before Keskoo can practically see a lightbulb go off over his head.

"I...think I have idea. There is neighborhood in city with more ponies of your culture. I would have to look at prices, but...perhaps I could help you open sewing and textiles shop there?"
Anonymous
cd4c153
?
No.127388
127389
>>127387
"Maybe, if I can compete with factories. But at least I will not be visited by secret police for 'resisting collectivization' if I embroider a wedding dress for money."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127389
127390
>>127388
"You have couple of things factories do not. You know how to make fabrics in your culture's traditional style, which factories cannot replicate, and you can get to know your customers on personal basis. I will do whatever I can to help you get started, even if I have to pay out of my own pockets."
Anonymous
cd4c153
?
No.127390
127391
>>127389
She looks at him, blinks, and then says
"Thank you..."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127391
127392
>>127390
"You remember young stallion from last night, Loputu? Perhaps we should go talk with him. He might know of good place for shop, and can show us around Redheart."
Anonymous
cd4c153
?
No.127392
127393
>>127391
"Yes, I remember him, He said he was from Bluffhead. That was like a wholly different tribe back before the Griffin Socialists came. Not that I have much memory of that time. He was nice."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127393
127394
>>127392
"He did seem to like having somepony to speak in his native tongue with. We can go see him whenever you want."
Anonymous
cd4c153
?
No.127394
127395
>>127393
"Maybe I should... It's very new life here. Some time..."
She looks at him and blinks
"What are we doing here?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127395
127396
>>127394
"I got this property deed from Maakie's safe. He was griffon behind how you and many others got tricked. I was hoping it would have space enough for some of those we rescued to stay, at least for time being."
Anonymous
cd4c153
?
No.127396
127397
>>127395
She draws her lips back
"Good riddance to him... I didn't know griffins had big houses in Equestria"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127397
127398
>>127396
"Sometime, free country has...problems. Anyways...there are three rooms suitable for bedrooms, but I need to buy furniture for one of them. Would you want to stay here, or should we find other place for you?"
Anonymous
cd4c153
?
No.127398
127399
>>127397
"I... don't know. This is a very nice house. I would not mind staying here, if only for a while. And I would not mind talking to those from Bluffhead and Skynavia. Like Loputu."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127399
127400
>>127398
He smiles again at her.

"Want to go take look around Redheart before making decision? Maybe we will find better place there."
Anonymous
cd4c153
?
No.127400
127402
>>127399
She nods
"I should... yes"
Spirit of a Sardonic Economist
718773e
?
No.127401
127403
>>127349
>>127353
>>127355
I'm very sorry, maybe it was the Easter wine but I am terrible at spatial visualization despite your precise description. Is there a very basic diagram of the first & second floor layouts?

>>127358
>Mercenary who used to be happy living just about anywhere isn't satisfied with a decent bathroom. Did his tavern room even have an attached bath?

>>127359
Is replacing bandages not a thing?
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127402
127405
>>127400
Silver stands up, and offers Keskoo a hoof for her to get up with, too.

"I just hope Khoi and Jubilosa do not get in too much trouble while we are gone."
Anonymous
cd4c153
?
No.127403
127404
>>127401
Damn it. I guess I should. I used to make floor plans all the time in Home Architect

It did not have it's own bathroom

They don't have bandages there to replace them with
Anonymous
10f1a7f
?
No.127404
127405
>>127403
Good thing characters have to use the restroom only when a player specifies it. Though, I guess the bar has a public bathroom
Anonymous
cd4c153
?
No.127405
127406
>>127402
She looks down at the hoof, and waits a moment. Then she takes it, and stands up with Silver pulling her to help

>>127404
True
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127406
127407
>>127405
He heads back inside, Keskoo presumably following. Before he actually leaves, he checks in with Khoi.

"Keskoo and I are going to Redheart. Do you need anything?"
Anonymous
cd4c153
?
No.127407
127408
>>127406
She looks up, back at him
"This house needs lettuce oats, rice, curry, and a few other things. But I am fine."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127408
127409
>>127407
"Can you make grocery list, or should we just pick up basics?"
Anonymous
cd4c153
?
No.127409
127410
>>127408
"I will make list" She says
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127410
127411
>>127409
He nods, and waits for one.
Anonymous
cd4c153
?
No.127411
127412
>>127410
Khoi tries to look for paper, finds a book page and a pen, and then looks confused
"I am not sure I am best to write one..."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127412
127413
>>127411
"Oh, right, allow me."

He trots over, and takes the paper and pen.

"Tell me what we need, and I will write it down."
Anonymous
cd4c153
?
No.127413
127414
>>127412
"2 kilo wheat, one kilo oats, two kilo rice, one container curry, chilli pepper, lemongrass, two limes, mint, ginger, basil.... scratch ginger, we have that... bean sprouts, onions. Do they have rice noodles? Buy rice noodles. If not, I must make them..."
She names a number of things
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127414
127416
>>127413
Silver writes it all down as she lists it off. He wonders what kind of dish she's going to cook up with all of this.
Anonymous
cd4c153
?
No.127416
127417
>>127414
And it is so. She adds

"I am not sure if Jubilosa would want.... something else in her dish..." She looks over to the freezer overtop the refrigerator. "Though we may have it"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127417
127418
>>127416
"Hmm...I do not know what griffon diet is, exactly. I will keep that in mind, though. Thank you, Khoi."

He takes the list and goes to leave out the front door.

"We will be back!"
Anonymous
cd4c153
?
No.127418
127420
>>127417
Khoi: "Take care"

And Silver goes out
Anonymous
718773e
?
No.127419
127421
Pardon my asking, but how close is the party to leveling up to level 6? I'm pretty sure there was a lot of exp earned from Hoebuck.

And no, I don't mind starting a level behind. It actually fits with my character idea.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127420
127425
>>127418
Out does Silver go, making his way to the Redheart neighborhood with Keskoo.
Anonymous
cd4c153
?
No.127421
127422
>>127419
That's a huge topic all of it's own

You wanna tell me about your character idea?
Anonymous
718773e
?
No.127422
127423 127424 127425
>>127421
I'll tell you on Discord tomorrow. As for other players, I prefer they learn through observation and interaction like with your NPCs.
Anonymous
70ad920
?
No.127423
1586751656.jpg
>>127422
>I'll tell you on Discord tomorrow.
Anonymous
d8d6a75
?
No.127424
1586752554.jpg
>>127422
>Discord
Anonymous
cd4c153
?
No.127425
127426
>>127420
Silver goes along his way. The beach house, though nice, is located somewhat outside of the city, requiring some time to walk through Cherry Hill and Cowtown. But he goes into Redheart. The garbage bags, the partly collapsed shelled buildings, and the leafless appearance of the winter trees, do not make the neighborhood look much better in daylight. Silver goes down, until presumably he reaches the edge of little Skynavia. The shops are actually open in daylight, offering all sorts of wares, and there are no guards.

>>127422
Alright
Silver "The Floof" Sword
7283bf8
?
No.127426
127476 127477
>>127425
Silver decides to pass the time while they trot by asking her a question or two.

"If you do not mind my asking, I have heard horror stories about Communist factories before. Is it as bad as they say?"
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127430
127431
>>127363
Iron hums softly, surprised she hasn't talked about her cutie mark yet. Deciding to be a bit mischievious, he plants hoof right on it, trailing circles around it. "Seems you have something hiding back there," he answers sllyly.
Anonymous
0cb7b59
?
No.127431
127432
>>127430
His hoof presses into her flank, finding some give

“I told you, Iron, I worked in service. Elderly care was the last thing I did.”
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127432
127433
>>127431
Despite being informed that, Iron proceeds to circle her flanks some more. "Oh come on," he replies "Your cutiemark implies something more than simple elderly care."
Anonymous
0cb7b59
?
No.127433
127434
>>127432
She smiles at him in a somewhat mischievous kind of way
“Of course. Stitching ponies together. Making connections. Placing them in a web of sorts. It also helps that old ponies like to knit a lot too”
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127434
127435
>>127433
Iron smiles gleefully. "Ah, so you say you are a spokespony?" he asks tentatively as he plants both hooves on her flanks.
Anonymous
c0c73ae
?
No.127435
127436
>>127434
She scrunches as Iron presses her hooves on her
"Not a spokespony... Not like that, no. More of.... like a sales agent. Or a procurer. A spokespony is good with groups and masses. My specialty is more like individuals." she places her hoof up to add some flair to her words
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127436
127437
>>127435
Iron nods, accomplished enough to have gotten this much out of her. "Ooh, that is good to know," he answers, trailing his hooves back up again and giving her a quick peck on the lips, before hopping off the bed, still sagging slightly from a sense of tiredness. "Is there any food around?"
Anonymous
c0c73ae
?
No.127437
127438
>>127436
She volunteers
"But if.... well, if you need somepony to hide in plain sight..."
She is looking down
"I wouldn't say I am a spy. But I would say I am... unexpected"
She looks back up, directly at Iron
"No, I don't believe there is"
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127438
127439
>>127437
Iron hums softly, somewhat intrigued by her second offer, but simply nods, slightly more focused on ridding himself of his tired status.
"I suppose some water on our bodies should be good," he offers, considering the whole debacle last night.
Anonymous
c0c73ae
?
No.127439
127440
>>127438
"Like out of the bathroom sink?" She asks
"We can contact room service"
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127440
127441 127443
>>127439
Iron cocks his head at the mention. "Wait, does room service wash bodies?" he asks, somewhat incredulously.
Anonymous
c0c73ae
?
No.127441
127442
>>127440
"Hehehe," She places a hoof on Iron
"No. Room service. They brought us the champagne last night. They can bring us other things as well"
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127442
127444
>>127441
"Oh," he mutters before shaking his head. "I would rather rid ourselves of fluids first, but feel free to ask them for some food for both of you."
Spirit of a Sardonic Economist
718773e
?
No.127443
127444 127446
>>127440
"Well, I know this Kirin place that provides special services the more you pay. Interested?"
Anonymous
c0c73ae
?
No.127444
127445 127446
>>127442
She just looks at him
"What?"

>>127443
Is that a reference to that burlesque house Iron stumbled into?
Spirit of a Sardonic Economist
718773e
?
No.127445
>>127444
Chinese bath houses/massage parlors in general and their reputation
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127446
127447
>>127444
Iron looks at Sands curiously. "You know," he continues "getting some water on the body and rub the coat a bit? The act of bathing oneself?"
>>127443
Hue
Anonymous
c0c73ae
?
No.127447
127448
>>127446
"Oh. Okay"
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127448
127449
>>127447
Iron proceeds to enter the bathroom, before sticking his head out the door. "Order anything you would like to eat or join me if you desire," he promptly responds before shutting the door, making sure his belt was still in here before getting in the bathtub, trying to figure out what metal piece he had to move.
Anonymous
c0c73ae
?
No.127449
127450
>>127448
"I'm fine, thank you"

Pull the lever
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127450
127451
>>127449
Iron hums softly before pulling the lever.
(I wonder if Sands will order food for me while I am bathing,) he wonders to himself.
Anonymous
c0c73ae
?
No.127451
127452
>>127450
The water is cold. At least it's better than the seawater last night
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127452
127453
>>127451
Shivering slightly in surprise, Iron shakes it off before sinking his coat under the water dispenser, rolling around and rubbing himself all over, making sure he pays special attention to his log.
Anonymous
c0c73ae
?
No.127453
127454
>>127452
Flaccid, unless he wants to change that. He's able to wash himself, though he's still mostly clean from last night. He's damned tired, though the water helps.
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127454
127455
>>127453
Feeling a bit refreshed and ensuring his body is mostly washed, Iron pushes the lever instead to shut the water off and starts to shake wildly inside the tub to rid himself of the droplets.
Anonymous
c0c73ae
?
No.127455
127456
>>127454
Partly effective, though he is still wet. Droplets fly everywhere, onto the floor and on the mirror
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127456
127457
>>127455
Iron blinks before doing some more pointed shaking before picking up one of the towels to properly rub himself off of water, then attach his belt into his body, checking the insides of his pouches just in case.
Anonymous
c0c73ae
?
No.127457
127458
>>127456
Iron thinks there might be a little less money than he remembers, but otherwise it's there. Iron is still.... moist, but probably good enough for the bed
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127458
127459
>>127457
Iron hums softly, wondering what sort of expenses he has paid yesterday before making sure to count what he does have right now just in case it warrants some actual panic.
Anonymous
c0c73ae
?
No.127459
127460
>>127458
A discrepancy that thus far does not exceed 100 bits
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127460
127461
>>127459
Nodding, Iron reattaches his pouch and opens the bathroom door, having cleansed himself somewhat of his tiredness, wondering what Sands could be doing.
Anonymous
c0c73ae
?
No.127461
127462
>>127460
She is carefully wrapping a bandage, with her muzzle turned around to her body
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127462
>>127461
Sensing it's best to let her be for now, Iron proceeds to look for the magic 'call service' button, getting somewhat excited over trying new foods once again.
Anonymous
c0c73ae
?
No.127463
127464
He sees the bronze device Sands used last night over on a dresser
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127464
127465
>>127463
Humming softly, Iron pokes the bronze device, wondering what he should do to get it to send food over here.
Anonymous
c0c73ae
?
No.127465
127466
>>127464
There's a slight "clack" sound as he pokes it, but it does nothing
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127466
127467
>>127465
"Hm..." Iron proceeds to poke it again in a different spot, wondering if it'll change anything.
Anonymous
c0c73ae
?
No.127467
127469
>>127466
He pokes a wheel, which spins slightly, before coming back into place

"Iron. What are you doing?"
Spirit of a Sardonic Economist
10f1a7f
?
No.127468
127470
Spoilered
Sensko has some interesting art regarding traditional or ancient ways ponies would have fought. Does this fit into the Nimbusia canon?
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127469
127470
>>127467
"Ooh," he lets out in wonder, fixated on the wheel before his ear flickers at Sands' question, turning his head. "Oh, I wanted to get something to eat before we head out to the Watering Hole," he responds before looking at the magic device "but the bronze object is not doing anything."
Anonymous
c0c73ae
?
No.127470
127471
>>127469
"You call for it"
She sighs
"Do you want me to do it?"

>>127468
I am not sure, but it is interesting
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127471
127472 127474
>>127470
Iron pokes the magic device some more, content with the quirky sounds and movements it does for a bit before his stomach grumbles. "...please do," he asks.
Spirit of a Sardonic Economist
10f1a7f
?
No.127472
127473
>>127471
Gold-diggers (in this case love-diggers) having to put up with a retard is always a great comedy dynamic
Anonymous
f2cf1d2
?
No.127473
127474
>>127472
OI! HE'S TECHNOLOGICALLY IMPAIRED!
Like amish folk, y'know?
Anonymous
0cb7b59
?
No.127474
127502
>>127471
“Ugh...”
She walks forward, and with magic aura takes the phone out of Iron’s hooves, staring straight forward. A separate aura moves the wheel, with a “ching ching” sound

She lowers the phone
“What was it you wanted?”

>>127473
Okay grandma
Anonymous
d1eb619
?
No.127476
127477 127478
>>127426
"I do not know what you heard. I only know what I experienced.

After the communists invaded, they installed a puppet government. Though we were sad not to have pushed the griffins off our fraternal tribes’ homelands, we were grateful they left us free, and did not annex and colonize us as with Skynavia. It was a government of communist ponies. Some learned in university. Most only knew slogans, and basics. But hey had this idea of ordering society to 'science,' as we would learn later. For the first year, communism did not seem so bad, as little changed from how we had lived for centuries. Our farms were already collectives, owned by the village. The factories - scarce as they were - were big, and no one noticed the change in management. Everyone already had their own role. Our village council was renamed a ‘soviet’ to be in solidarity with foreign communists. When I finished my apprenticeship, I would make clothes and gaktis for others in my village. I learned from our tailor, and from my grandmother. I would make things for others in the village, sometimes for money, sometimes for payment in kind, and sometimes for free. I would venture into town to sell my wares. I lived with my family. All of this was in the first year of Communism.

Then the forced industrialization started. A government stallion came to our home and said that I should move to Frostbell to work in the factory there. I did not want to leave my family. He said he would come back in a week. My family encouraged me to go, saying there would be more pay, and so I agreed to go. I cannot tell you if I was free to tell him 'no.' So I moved to Frostbell, into a small apartment that was inhabited by several other young workers. And I worked in the textile factory there. As a tailor, even as an apprentice, I had some creative freedom to design things how I liked. And even when I was following specific orders, at least there was change. No such freedom in the factory, no such variety. The same few stitches on mostly bland clothing. Only three different positions in the time I was there. The managers changed things in the factory. Working hours, sometimes our positions... They implored for more production. I do not think they ever knew what was happening on the factory floor. Still, I took the pay, and every single weekend I rode the several hours back to my home, to see my grandparents and my home.

Then I learned of the war on the traditions. Most of the northern tribes made the Gakti. You would not want to be naked in the cold if you were working outside, and our garbs were used for ceremonies, and for special occasions. And each tribe had a different garb. Some had three yellow bands around the neck, some had curls, some had pewter sewn in. And the tribes, though united, were different. A Cubrian was not a Skynavian, nor was Northern Tribe’s pony from Frostbell the same as from Everfrost. Even as we all knew we northern ponies were very different from the ponies in the Riverlands, and more different still from the ponies of Equestria. All of this contrasted against the Griffins further south. This very idea of difference and diversity was the target of policies by the central government.

Fourteen months or so into the Communist puppet government, they said we needed to eliminate distinctions of tribal identity and nationality, and express solidarity with workers across the world. And to that end, they banned the Gakti. It took only a week for them to change their minds. Some griffin in New Skynavia must have decided differently, because they lifted the ban six days later. But now, the clothing was the same everywhere, for every tribe. More… plain, with only the colors of the flag. Only wool like what the griffins wear, no more leather. And of course, it looked more like the clothing of the griffin empire, and that became more common. The Gakti is just what I know best. They did this to music, to festivals, too. I know of a couple in my town who hired a musician for their wedding, who told them that he could only play songs approved by law, and that this list included certain traditional griffin songs, but did not include the most famous songs of our tribe. That is not the whole of it. Our village council was dissolved, and our village was ruled by a local pony chosen from Everfrost. Now, they enforced the laws."
Anonymous
d1eb619
?
No.127477
127478
>>127426
>>127476
"Sixteen months into the regime, they made a law that you could not buy or sell outside of approved channels. This was the law that affected me the most personally. While the money I made at the factory was more than I could at the village, prices were higher, and I wanted to send more money back to my family. So I started crafting items in my own time. At first, I was just repairing clothing for friends and coworkers. Then embroidery of small emblems. I did these for free. But then I started accepting payment. It was a way of expressing creativity I often could not in the factory. But more than this, it was a way of preserving our traditional garb. There were those from our village who wanted our three rings of yellow on their clothing where it could be hidden by a scarf. Then there were those from other tribes, who wanted their own designs in clothing they would only ever wear in private. And then I got caught. It was nothing especially bad. Only a large fine. But the fine was large enough that I did not send anything home for two weeks and lost my savings.

I did not make anything outside of my work for two months. Then I started it up again. This lasted six weeks, until I was caught again. I do not know who sold me out. The first time I assumed that somepony I sold something to was caught by police and told them I made their clothing. Almost inevitable, really, and nothing blameworthy. After the second time, I must wonder if there was an informant. But… In this time, they took “resistance to collectivization” more seriously. That I was also resisting monoculturalization only made my case worse in their eyes. And I was arrested…”

She looks down, and then away for a moment. When she looks back to Siler, she has some tears in her eyes.

“I thought I would never get out of there. But they did release me. And I knew then I would have to make the hardest choice I would ever have to make. Stay, or leave my family and my homeland. But I knew I must leave. And so for the next few months, I saved any money I could, eating little. This was much harder now, as I was not selling anything. I did not even craft for myself, as I did not want secret police to raid my apartment in the middle of the night and find anything. My next big choice was how to leave. The best way was to find somegriffin selling fake passports, and travel to Bakara. But I did not want even this contact with government agents. Besides, it was expensive. So I found some griffins who would smuggle me in a freight ship to Free Equestria. I was skeptical of the regime in New Mareland, but they promised jobs and housing to immigrants, and the wages were higher than in Bakara. So I kissed my grandmother goodbye, said goodbye to my parents and siblings, and went to Everfrost, where I stowed away in a ship. I should have saved money the extra two months to go to Bakara…”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fde4eb8
?
No.127478
127479
>>127476
>>127477
Silver takes her story in, his heart aching for her as she tells of how life in her motherland was destroyed, and what she lost. He lowers his head to her.

"It is just as I had heard of, and then some...I am sorry you had to go through that, and how you had to leave your family behind. And I am truly sorry that your first experience in Equestria was...that."

He looks ahead of him.

"I am not friend of Communism. I have seen what it did to my own Motherland. It is insidious parasite, killing off host culture it attaches to. Hearing what has happened to even your people..."
Anonymous
d1eb619
?
No.127479
127480
>>127478
She sighs and looks down with a definite frown as her ears droop.
"Yes..."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
fde4eb8
?
No.127480
127481
>>127479
Silver looks back over at her, moves closer, and puts a foreleg around her for a supportive hug while they trot.

"Have faith, Keskoo. This Red invasion will not last. And in meantime, your people and your culture will continue to survive through you."
Anonymous
d1eb619
?
No.127481
127482
>>127480
She seems reticent to accept the hug, but doesn't pull out of it
"I did not think it could, but they have not been pushed out of Skynavia.... I did not want to be the last survivor of it."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9bb0cfc
?
No.127482
127483
>>127481
"Judging from how many ponies from Skynavia, Cubria, Frostbell, and Everfrost are here, it is safe to say you will not be last survivor. And with your talent, I am certain you will be able to bring little bit of home here to share."
Anonymous
d1eb619
?
No.127483
127484
>>127482
She sighs
"That is good, at least. There will be others who will want their own, special garbs. And I should not be arrested for selling my creations. But I am unsure of bringing my family here so far... It does not seem like such a nice place"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9bb0cfc
?
No.127484
127485 127486
>>127483
"Perhaps...but we can make it safe. At least, I would like to. Starting with helping you. Come, let us find Loputu. He might know of good places where you could set up your shop."
Anonymous
d1eb619
?
No.127485
127487
>>127484
"Very well."
She says, following Silver's lead
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9bb0cfc
?
No.127486
>>127484
Err...replace "safe" with "nice" in that. I have terrible reading comprehension.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9bb0cfc
?
No.127487
127488
>>127485
Silver leads the way to Loputu's house.
Anonymous
d1eb619
?
No.127488
127489
>>127487
Silver can remember, well enough, the journey down the road, through the gate - which is open in daylight, through the courtyard, and around to the apartment on the bay road. There are some clouds coming in from over the harbor, and seabirds fly above them. Silver (presumably) knocks on the door, and a familiar large mare answers

"You again!" she has some excitement
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9bb0cfc
?
No.127489
127490
>>127488
He smiles at the familiar sight.

"Hello again. I was wondering if I could borrow Loputu for bit. I'd like to have him show my friend and I around Redheart."
Anonymous
d1eb619
?
No.127490
127491
>>127489
And... She hugs him. Squuezes him, more like. She has some real strength to her
"Ohhh, thank you for bringing my son back"
Little bit more squeezing, then she pulls away and says
"He is apprenticing with Rohke Meri this morning down the road at his dock. I do not think they will be out in the Bay"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9bb0cfc
?
No.127491
127492
>>127490
While she squeezes the life out of the poor unicorn, he gives her a hug back, releasing her as she releases him.

"Thank you so much. I will look for him there. It was nice seeing you again. I hope we can again, soon."
Anonymous
d1eb619
?
No.127492
127493
>>127491
"Oh, but you must stay for lunch! I mean it's not lunch time yet, but you should stay and tell us all about you. I will get my husband from the factory..."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9bb0cfc
?
No.127493
127494
>>127492
He gives her an apologetic look.

"I am afraid I cannot. I already promised lunch to one of my friends. Perhaps tomorrow, though?"
Anonymous
d1eb619
?
No.127494
127495
>>127493
"Tomorrow it is! You simply must tell us all about yourself! -"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9bb0cfc
?
No.127495
127496
>>127494
"That I will, thank you. I also hope to hear about you and your family too."
Anonymous
d1eb619
?
No.127496
127497
>>127495
"Why yes, you must! -" She tries to go on
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9bb0cfc
?
No.127497
127510
>>127496
He smiles and lets out a good-hearted laugh.

"You will, do not worry! I do need to go find Loputu, however. I hope you have good day, and I will see you tomorrow."
Materializing Spirit
718773e
?
No.127500
127501
1586846686.png
#1:
[1d6 = 5]
[1d6 = 5]
[1d6 = 6]
[1d6 = 6]

#2:
[1d6 = 3]
[1d6 = 1]
[1d6 = 5]
[1d6 = 3]

#3:
[1d6 = 2]
[1d6 = 3]
[1d6 = 3]
[1d6 = 4]

#4:
[1d6 = 6]
[1d6 = 3]
[1d6 = 3]
[1d6 = 5]

#5:
[1d6 = 5]
[1d6 = 1]
[1d6 = 2]
[1d6 = 5]

#6:
[1d6 = 2]
[1d6 = 6]
[1d6 = 3]
[1d6 = 5]
Anonymous
d1eb619
?
No.127501
1586846123.png
>>127500
IT LIVES!

And Checked

17
11
10
14
12
14
Anonymous
dcc67b6
?
No.127502
127557
>>127474
ree
"Something... breakfast-y," he responds, unsure whatever foods were served in the establishment they're in.
Spirit of a Sardonic Economist
10f1a7f
?
No.127504
127505 127506 127508
Be warned, I'm now dreaming about the campaign. Spark had to make a check to demonstrate he's Italian and he wound up making a pizza with a mountain of olives and onions.
Anonymous
dcc67b6
?
No.127505
>>127504
I see you've invited the changelings in and in turn coccooned you into a peaceful slumber. Happened to all of us.
Joking aside, I see you're quite giddy to start your journey.
Anonymous
bd14c85
?
No.127506
127507
1586909716.png
>>127504
Well kudos. That's impressive. Even I don't think I dream about the campaign, although I think that might just be because my dreams can't render flash.

Still, you may want to think about starting earlier
Anonymous
10f1a7f
?
No.127507
>>127506
My dreams are always a bit vivid. Even if I wasn't familiar with this campaign I'd probably still dream about the hallways of architecturally odd urban buildings.

At least it wasn't about an older lady from my church who was creepily hitting on me.

Shimmering Spark
0ae78d2
?
No.127508
127509
>>127504
I am surprised you dreamt about my character, as it is probably the worst played in the bunch, but I am flattered.
Anonymous
10f1a7f
?
No.127509
>>127508
May have been Brie, I just know one of the characters was doing something crazy and was in an Italian restaurant.
Anonymous
220bb3a
?
No.127510
127511
>>127497
"Oh... Okay! Have a good day and tell Loputu I love him when you see him!"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
e82d263
?
No.127511
127512
>>127510
"That I will, thank you!"

Silver waves goodbye to her, and heads for the docks to look for Loputu and his master.
Anonymous
220bb3a
?
No.127512
127513
>>127511
Silver goes down the road, the same road the apartment is located on, and finds soon enough what seems to be the address. A small shack next to a building that seems to be storage. Looking further around back, there is a single pier that goes out, with a diesel fishing vessel of perhaps 40 feet in the back. A wheelhouse in the fore, with a single mast with two booms and evident attached outriggers. White paint that is partly faded, flaking and fouling, and the name in blue lettering "Bluffheadi Au"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
e82d263
?
No.127513
127514
>>127512
"'Bluffheai au'."

He looks to Keskoo.

"Can you read what that says?"
Anonymous
220bb3a
?
No.127514
127515
>>127513
She nods, looking down at the scene. The barn-door-like entry on the small building is open, showing long white containers and a couple barrels inside of what is at least mostly one room, along with a cart outside. As in Hoebuck, there is a seawall, which curiously is slightly higher than this side, requiring a small ramp up onto it, and then a ramp down to the level of the pier.

She answers
"Glory of Bluffhead"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
e82d263
?
No.127515
127516
>>127514
"Thank you. I suppose that means this ship is owned by somepony from northern pony tribes."

Silver decides to first check the storeroom for any signs of life, since it's open.
Anonymous
220bb3a
?
No.127516
127517
>>127515
No pony seems to be there at the moment, but he can see a tool box, dirty rags, a doorway to a small room, and that the white boxes are massive refrigerators or freezers, open from the top and not turned on
Silver "The Floof" Sword
e82d263
?
No.127517
127518
>>127516
Silver calls out into the building.

"Hello? Anypony here?"
Anonymous
220bb3a
?
No.127518
127519
>>127517
From behind him
"Can I help you?"

It's a stallion with a white coat with a hint of pink, and short amber mane, who wears galoshes and a thick rubber suit that is somewhat covered in grime. He seems ever so slightly annoyed
Silver "The Floof" Sword
e82d263
?
No.127519
127520
>>127518
The unicorn jumps a little, startled. He turns around once his heartrate goes back down to normal.

"Oh, yes. You would not happen to be Loputu's master?"
Anonymous
220bb3a
?
No.127520
127521
>>127519
He pulls back ever so slightly at the Unicorn's reaction
"Loputu? Yes. I am Rohke Meri"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
e82d263
?
No.127521
127522
>>127520
Silver offers him a hoofshake.

"It is good to meet you. I am Silver Sword. I was hoping I could borrow Loputu for little bit, have him show me around Redheart."
Anonymous
220bb3a
?
No.127522
127523
>>127521
He looks down at the hoof for a moment. A moment that drags on awkwardly, longer, until he uses his other hoof to remove the galoshe on his right hoof, and gives a single weak shake

"But I have missed him for many days now, and he is helping clean out my boat for the next trip"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
e82d263
?
No.127523
127524
>>127522
"It will not take long, I can assure you. He will be back to continue cleaning your boat before lunch."
Anonymous
220bb3a
?
No.127524
127525
>>127523
He sways slightly
"Wait. Silver Sword you say? Loputu told me about you"
He smiles
"Yes, you can take him"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
e82d263
?
No.127525
127526
>>127524
Silver smiles.

"Thank you. Do you know what section of boat he is cleaning?"
Anonymous
220bb3a
?
No.127526
127527
>>127525
"Yes, he's in the hold"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
e82d263
?
No.127527
127528
>>127526
He nods to Meri.

"Thank you again. As I said, we will nt be long."

He waves goodbye to Meri, and goes to the ship and down into the hold to look for Loputu.
Anonymous
220bb3a
?
No.127528
127529
>>127527
He smiles back to him, and waves

Walking down to the pier, and by the [i][Bluffheadi Au/i], Silver must climb up into the trawler. However, as soon as he is on he can see that doors on the deck of the vessel are open, revealing a massive hold of stainless steel, which itself has a door at the bottom that is open exposing some pipes. Loputu is there, covered in grime and scrubbing the pipes. He is wearing a rubber suit and galoshes, like Meri. He does not immediately notice Silver, but instead scrubs
Silver "The Floof" Sword
e82d263
?
No.127529
127530
>>127528
"Equestria to Loputu, are you there?"
Anonymous
220bb3a
?
No.127530
127531
>>127529
"Woah" He jumps up, turns around and falls on his hind, his forelegs behind him to keep him up

"Oh, you what are you doing here?"

Keskoo jumps over, onto the boat, and now looks down along with SIlver

Loputu jumps up onto his hooves
"And her"
He smiles
"Tere, Keskööpäike"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
e82d263
?
No.127531
127532
>>127530
"I was hoping you would show Keskoo and I around Redheart, maybe show us good spots where she might start her own shop. I already got okay from Meri to take you for little bit."
Anonymous
220bb3a
?
No.127532
127533
>>127531
"Oh, well sure!" He goes over to the other side of the hold, jumps up on his hind legs and places his forehoovess over the edge, climbing out

"Just let me... ugh" he pulls a galosh of "get these off"
He removes the remaining pieces of his clothing, and smiles to Silver, then to Keskoo
"Setting up a shop eh? Where do you want to go?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
e82d263
?
No.127533
127534
>>127532
"I suppose that would be up to Keskoo, since it will be her shop. She used to sew and embroider in Cubria, so we are-or technically, she is, since I am just paying-going to open sewing, embroidery, and textiles shop."
Anonymous
220bb3a
?
No.127534
127535
>>127533
Loputu: "Te õmblete asju, Keskööpäike?"

Keskoo, nodding and closing her eyes: "Õmblus ja tikandid. Tikkisin Gakti ja töötasin Everfrost rõivavabrikus"

Still smiling, "Oh, see on tõesti tore. Kas soovite poodi või tehase tööd?"

"Ma eelistaksin kauplust, kuid mul pole palju ressursse. Saan tehase tööd teha"

"Ponide jaoks on mitu võimalust. Neile, kes võtavad lojaalsuse lubaduse, antakse eelistus lepingulistes tehastes"

She kind of winces
"Olen skeptiline lojaalsuse ja suuremate tehaste valimise suhtes. Miks ma ei näe, millised on minu võimalused"

Loputu looks back to Silver
"She says she wants to explore, and know what her options are"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
e82d263
?
No.127535
127536
>>127534
Silver smiles at the both of them.

"Absolutely. Mind leading us, Loputu?"
Anonymous
220bb3a
?
No.127536
127537
>>127535
He smiles to the both of them, and leads them down the road
"Sure. This road, the local name is Pelican road, is the one closest to the sea. Along this road are several waterfront houses. Some are owned by Skynavians, but many are not. There are also many individual docks for smaller boats. You have seen one, the one owned by Rohke Meri, who I am fortunate to be an apprentice under. In Skynavia the boats were owned mostly by the village or larger tribe, but here they are owned by individuals, sometimes the captain, usually an absentee owner or a corporation.

The apartments on the otherside are mostly rented out to Skynavian families, like mine."

He takes them back to the garden
"Pelican lane goes through to a road that goes down Locust Promontory, but any of those buildings are clusters around a block. So we took a center of a block and turned it into a garden and play area for the community. There are other gardens like this. We made gates out of sheet metal to lock these areas in at night, since it can be dangerous."

He takes them through to what was the offshoot road Silver saw last night.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
e82d263
?
No.127537
127538 127540
>>127536
Silver follows along as he leads.

"Oh, what are dangers here at night?"
Anonymous
220bb3a
?
No.127538
127539
>>127537
Answering
"Crime can be high. We don't accept gang protection, and try to push them out. So we have our own ways of trying to protect ourselves, like sectioning areas off, or the night watch"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
e82d263
?
No.127539
127540
>>127538
Silver nods.

"Good, paying criminals off never goes well. They will take mile if you give them inch. So, what else is there here in Redheart?"
Anonymous
220bb3a
?
No.127540
127541 127542
>>127537
>>127539
"This way"
Going down the road, he says
"This is the main road, going diagonally from Horseman Avenue to Locust Promintory on the landfill."
Silver can see it now in day light
"There are many shops in the first floor of these buildings. We have toys, hats, shoes, restaurants. To ponies in the community and those passing through. Not everypony who lives here is of the Northern Ponies, nor do all Northern ponies in Baltimare live here. But most are and very many do, and this is the cultural center.

Here you can see where our community council meets"
Silver may see a single story building with yellow-orange sides
"It is not a formal community council. We cannot levy taxes nor repair the roads, but we try to maintain something like the governments of the old world. We try to elect leaders to represent the various groups, and we organize our night watch, to keep out gangs and petty criminals. They used to use some smaller building, but then the Union Hall was vacated at the beginning of the occupation, and so we took it over."

Going further down, Silver can see the square he saw the day before. This time, however, there are ponies - mostly fluffy - who stand behind or infront of stands with vegetables, trinkets and other wares
"Here is the local square. Many ponies sell their good here in the open air market."

Going down further, they see a vaulted ceiling stone structure with a tower adjacent to the market
"This is an old Equestrian Church. We have arranged to use it for other worship on odd days of the week. Reverence of the Earth Godess, Rana Neide. Reverence of forest spirits and more. My closest spirit is Tjaetsieålmaj. Even the Equestrian gods have been adopted as the incarnations of Beaivi and Mano, goddesses of the Sun and Moon. That is what we tend to do in Equestrian mass, anyways. We have no natural features to call sacred, nor can we be next to our dead to give reverence to the spirits of our ancestors here. But we make do"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
e82d263
?
No.127541
127542
>>127540
Silver looks over at Keskoo.

"What spirit is closest to you, Keskoo?"
Anonymous
220bb3a
?
No.127542
127543
>>127540
>>127541
Loputu's line should say "My closest spirit is Tjaetsieålmaj, the fishing spirit."

Keskoo:
"I suppose I should say Maderakka, goddess over mares and foals. But Laib Olmai, the forest spirit, was the most revered in my village. There was a Storjunkare upon a hill were we would leave vegetables and leaves in sacrifice"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
e82d263
?
No.127543
127544
>>127542
Silver smiles.

"That sounds nice. It is good to hear you maintain your faith despite distance between here and your homeland."

He looks back, over to the fluffy ponies at the market.

"I heard there were also other Severyanans like me here in Redheart. Do you know of many?"
Anonymous
220bb3a
?
No.127544
127545
>>127543
Keskoo sort of smiles in return

Loputu answers
"I think there used to be many more 50 years ago and during the famine. Now, most of the wealthier established Severyanans have moved out to wealthier neighborhoods further west in the City. Those who remain are either too poor to leave, or are recent arrivals, White emigres. I know a few, yes."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
e82d263
?
No.127545
127546
>>127544
Silver nods.

"I see. What else is on this tour of Redheart?"
Anonymous
220bb3a
?
No.127546
127547
>>127545
"Redheart? I thought you only wanted a tour of Little Skynavia?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
e82d263
?
No.127547
127548
>>127546
"Oh, my apologies, I did not know."
Anonymous
220bb3a
?
No.127548
127549
>>127547
"Well, further down, we have the schoolhouse"
He walks further down to a two story building with a red roof, and a fenced in area to the side and behind it
"This is a local school we have tried to tale for our own use, for all of the children in the community. Even I have to take lessons during part of the week, as I am not fully done yet. We try to staff it with Skynavian ponies to teach our history and our language. The school has been the source of the biggest fighting with the city, over what is taught, who is teaching, and in what language. As it is, most classes are in ponish, and half the teachers are from the City, but we can still teach our language in the school, and history in odd ours"

Then he goes to Horseman Avenue, down a lane Silver did not see last night. The lane has some smaller plots and entries to row-houses along it
"Here is one of many through lanes in the neighborhood, and it leads to Horseman Avenue, a main street of Redheart that follows mostly closely to the water. Many of the docks and warehouses are along it further down. But here it is a part of Little Skynavia. We have more shops along the avenue for ponies passing through, less so for the locals. And more rowhouses. More non-Skyanavians live along this stretch than closer to the water. We also have a mechanics shop, and the city has a fire station along this road.

Little Skynavia has no industry save for a fish processing facility on the end of Pelican lane and a small brewery on the main road, but there are factories nearby. Most ponies here work elsewhere in the city on the docks or in the factories. Baltimare has long had more creatures living in it than jobs for them, but things have been especially bad since the war. We Skynavians tend to have better luck getting jobs in the contractor factories than the locals though, as we are seen as less subversive. Most of the apartment blocks are not owned by Skynavians, nor are many of the fishing vessels. The council would like to change that, and buy up more of where we live and work"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
e82d263
?
No.127549
127554
>>127548
To the school:

"It sounds like schools in Severyana, before Communists took over. We were taught both Ponish and Cyrillic, and we learned history of both Equestria and Severyana. I would like to think we found balance between two."

To the lack of jobs:

"That is never good. It would be nice to see some investment in making jobs for Baltimare, whether private or public. It would go long way to alleviating troubles facing city."
Spirit of a Sardonic Economist
718773e
?
No.127550
You can ignore this for now.

#1:
[1d6 = 6]
[1d6 = 4]
[1d6 = 4]
[1d6 = 6]

#2:
[1d6 = 4]
[1d6 = 2]
[1d6 = 4]
[1d6 = 5]

#3:
[1d6 = 2]
[1d6 = 4]
[1d6 = 4]
[1d6 = 6]

#4:
[1d6 = 5]
[1d6 = 4]
[1d6 = 1]
[1d6 = 5]

#5:
[1d6 = 6]
[1d6 = 2]
[1d6 = 3]
[1d6 = 1]

#6:
[1d6 = 4]
[1d6 = 4]
[1d6 = 1]
[1d6 = 2]
Spirit of a Sardonic Economist
718773e
?
No.127551
127552
1586953501.png
Methinks we could have a different thread purely for technical issues, or how to transfer DnD rules to a MLP setting. I have lots of suggestions in regard to this but I don't want to gum up the gameplay threads with OOC talk regarding mechanics. I'm sure others have done something similar but it's still worth looking into. Some MLP particulars haven't been smoothed over yet but it would be unreasonable to expect DM to revise a whole manual on his own.
Anonymous
dcc67b6
?
No.127552
127553
>>127551
Not particularly sure it'll be worth it, depending on the amount of threads that want to keep on a tab, but all it takes is a little initiative to get the ball going. I'd say you could go ahead, but the response rate would be significantly lower than anticipated.
Anonymous
718773e
?
No.127553
>>127552
It would be basically /qa/ for DnD and it wouldn't take a lot of board space compared to this series. I'm a complete newbie other than being an observer so I don't want to make it. I just think it's pretty necessary because we have 1) MLP setting and 2) modern setting and flipping through rulebooks is difficult enough as is. This whole game is pretty experimental and DM's building it as we go.

Also, does anyone have this?
Probably would be helpful.
https://www.dmsguild.com/product/230312/Monstrous-Races

Anonymous
4aaec86
?
No.127554
127555 127556
>>127549
"Well, there are those in the community who think we will lose our culture, and the city must think we are not integrating. It used to be that I had to attend a city school a few streets over that had more creatures from Red Heart going there, and my parents dragged me to lessons in Skynavians on the weekends taught by an elder. It was kind of jarring going between the languages and I missed having the weekends... but there were good and bad things about it. Eventually they settled upon this agreement with the City.

As for Jobs, I think it is because there are more new creatures coming in than there are materials that need to be manufactured. But the war did not help. It really hurt trade and jobs on the docks, and many of the factories as well. In a way things are better now, because the old unions do not want to work at factories that support the war effort. We mostly do not care and take those jobs"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d334b4
?
No.127555
127557
>>127554
"Understandable, I suppose, considering it was New Mareland that annexed this land. It would be hard for many to work in place that would support them."

He looks over at Keskoo.

"Have you seen good place to set up your shop, yet?"
Anonymous
718773e
?
No.127556
127559
>>127554
Isn't Skynavia a Griffon nation?
Anonymous
4aaec86
?
No.127557
127558 127652
>>127502
Looking at Iron she tilts her head, pulls her lips back, then places the receiver up to her head again. She's already dialed
"Yes? Room Service? Can you get us you breakfast? I don't know, muffins? Do you have pancakes? Fruit? Oranges will do fine. And oatmeal"
Looking back at Iron, looking him over
"Yes, give us two orders. Some coffee as well. No cream. Actually, cream on the side. Two cups of coffee. Add two teaspoons of sugar into the second cup, no cream. Yes. Send it up to the room if you can. Alright, bye!"

She hangs up
"Well, there you have it. I ordered"

>>127555
"The Unions have tried to organize opposition to it as well."

Keskoo
"Well, it looks like there are shops around here. Of course I do not know I can afford to pay rent. In the past, I was only working out of home."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d334b4
?
No.127558
127561
>>127557
"We would have to look at prices, but I could cover your rent until you are able to make enough to support yourself."
Anonymous
4aaec86
?
No.127559
127560
>>127556
Skynavia was originally a part of the Northern Tribes that was invaded and colonized by Griffin Communist forces in something like a "long march" north, during the counter-revolution. This was implied by the "Griffonian Empire" rule setting, where Skynavia is merged with the Northern Tribes, and was entirely confirmed by the "Northern Lights" update and Socialist Republic of Skynavia playthrough. Of course the game fluff seriously downplays the invasion and colonization of Native land, but that's exactly what it is. The fluff for the city of New Skynavia even says "built on an unnamed village," as if it is almost explicitly saying "the natives weren't putting it to good use, so it's okay to take it"
Anonymous
718773e
?
No.127560
>>127559
I see, makes a lot of sense.
Anonymous
4aaec86
?
No.127561
127562
>>127558
"Huh.... Maybe I could then. Of course I don't know the locals, or what is wanted here... Perhaps I could learn in time"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d334b4
?
No.127562
127563
>>127561
"Indeed. You would have help learning, though."

Silver looks over to the young Skynavian stallion with them.

"I imagine Loputu would be more than happy to help you learn and adapt to living in Little Skynavia."
Anonymous
4aaec86
?
No.127563
127564
>>127562
He smiles with a particularly wide set of teeth as his ears go down, before perking up again
"Sure, I know plenty of ponies and creatures in the community and outside of it! I can help"

Keskoo presses her lips together as she tilts her head and looks at SIlver
"Fund me? What are you getting out of it?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d334b4
?
No.127564
127565
>>127563
He smiles at her.

"Nothing, essentially. It is simply right thing to do."
Anonymous
4aaec86
?
No.127565
127566
>>127564
Still tilting her head
"What are your conditions?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d334b4
?
No.127566
127567
>>127565
"Unconditional. Until you can support yourself, I do not have any issue with paying your rent or other bills."
Anonymous
4aaec86
?
No.127567
127568
>>127566
She still looks at him skeptically
"If it is true..."
She is silent for more than a moment
"I would greatly appreciate it"
She looks back to Loputu, who is still smiling in an almost nervous sort of way
"And I suppose it is good to have someone who knows ponies around here"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d334b4
?
No.127568
127569
>>127567
Silver smiles.

"Well then, if you want, we can look around for place for you."
Anonymous
4aaec86
?
No.127569
127570
>>127568
"I do need somewhere to stay...." She says
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d334b4
?
No.127570
127571
>>127569
Silver looks to Loputu.

"Know of places open for rent?"
Anonymous
4aaec86
?
No.127571
127572
>>127570
"Sure. There are many along all three streets. If you're just looking for a studio apartment, there are several. And there are families to stay with as well"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d334b4
?
No.127572
127573
>>127571
"It is up for Keskoo to decide."

Silver looks at the mare in question for an answer.
Anonymous
4aaec86
?
No.127573
127574
>>127572
"I can take an apartment" She says
"If I can pay"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d334b4
?
No.127574
127575
>>127573
"Apartment it is. Know which street you want to live on?"
Anonymous
4aaec86
?
No.127575
127576
>>127574
"Maybe... the main one?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d334b4
?
No.127576
127577
>>127575
Silver nods to her, and turns to head back to the main street.

"Let us look for apartments for rent, then."
Anonymous
4aaec86
?
No.127577
127578
>>127576
"Let us go!" Loputu says with a smile

Loputu makes a suggestion, but after hearing that it is partly rundown, Keskoo decides to push her luck for something newer

They go into a an apartment set along "Wintry Street" (The main street), and after talking to the landlord, go up to see a room on the second floor. The stallion running the block, a brown pony who looks most like a severyanan, explains that this particular set of apartments was renovated after being seriously damaged by artillery fire in the war, and thus looks new.

Openning the door, inside is a central area with a tiny kitchen off to the side, a bathroom, and a small closet

Loputu:
"And a view to a garden"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d334b4
?
No.127578
127579
>>127577
Silver trots around to look at the apartment. He might not be living there, but he wants to make sure Keskoo will be getting her money's worth.

"I think it looks nice, but...what does Keskoo think?"
Anonymous
4aaec86
?
No.127579
127580
>>127578
"It is... not as good as the beach house earlier... but it is nicer than what I had in Everfrost. I mean, it's a little smaller, but I am not sharing it, and it is newer"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d334b4
?
No.127580
127581
>>127579
"You could still choose to stay in beach house, but it would be distant from Little Skynavia."
Anonymous
f157db2
?
No.127581
127582
>>127580
She sighs, and looks down
“There is no furniture here” she says
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d334b4
?
No.127582
127583
>>127581
"I will buy you furniture, it is no issue."
Anonymous
4aaec86
?
No.127583
127584
>>127582
She nods
"I am not sure of much, though I suppose I should live here"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d334b4
?
No.127584
127585
>>127583
"Alright, if you are sure."

He turns to the landlord.

"Can we have paperwork for this apartment?"
Anonymous
4aaec86
?
No.127585
127586
>>127584
"Of course, let me get you an application"
Going down to an office, he comes back with a set of papers
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d334b4
?
No.127586
127587
>>127585
"Great! Do you mind if I read through these real quick, make sure everything is there?"
Anonymous
4aaec86
?
No.127587
127588
>>127586
"Certainly"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d334b4
?
No.127588
127589
>>127587
Silver does so, making sure there aren't any surprises in the paperwork.
Anonymous
4aaec86
?
No.127589
127590 127591
>>127588
There is a fairly high deposit, a restriction of only two adults living in the apartment, separate fees for water and trash, restrictions on letting zebras stay for extended periods on the premises, restrictions against meetings of certain natures, a required one month notice period for leaving, and a month by month roll over period for rent that theoretically allows for changes in the rent between months
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d334b4
?
No.127590
127592
>>127589
Silver goes over the terms with Keskoo to make sure she's okay with them.
Anonymous
718773e
?
No.127591
127592
>>127589
I'm guessing Silver has a high enough wisdom/int score not to require a roll?
Anonymous
4aaec86
?
No.127592
127593
>>127590
She seems ever so slightly confused and nervous
"I suppose... if the rent does not go up each month..."

>>127591
Or, just repeat what I've seen in apartment rental contracts, and let the player sort it out themselves
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d334b4
?
No.127593
127594
>>127592
"It looks as if there is potential for it, but it is uncertain as to if it will be increased."
Anonymous
4aaec86
?
No.127594
127595
>>127593
She nods
"Indeed"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d334b4
?
No.127595
127596
>>127594
"Well, all that remains is for it to be signed, if you want it. As I said, I will pay rent for you."
Anonymous
4aaec86
?
No.127596
127597
>>127595
She looks up to him with big eyes
"Really? For how long?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d334b4
?
No.127597
127598 127599
>>127596
"As long as it takes for you to be able to support yourself."
Anonymous
4aaec86
?
No.127598
127599 127600
>>127597
She looks to Loputu
"Are there other apartments worthwhile?"

"There are more. They can be bigger or cheaper. These ones have the advantage of being small, but more recently renovated. Most apartments in Redheart are old, but this is one of very few to be rebuilt after the shelling."
Anonymous
4aaec86
?
No.127599
127600
>>127597
>>127598
Loputu volunteers
"There are some apartments over shops, if you want to be next to your shop, if you get one. They tend to be bigger"

Keskoo:
"I suppose I do not want to be a burden. I will take this one"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d334b4
?
No.127600
127601
>>127598
>>127599
"It is your choice, Keskoo. As long as it is not truly exorbantly expensive, if you want it, I will help you get it."
Anonymous
4aaec86
?
No.127601
127602
>>127600
"Well, it would be nice to have a shop and an apartment over that... but I don't know if I can sustain that expense. I am after all, not set up
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d334b4
?
No.127602
127603
>>127601
"Hmm...perhaps start with this, and later, if you decide you are ready to move, you can."
Anonymous
4aaec86
?
No.127603
127604
>>127602
She looks up to him with big eyes
"Then I will take this one"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d334b4
?
No.127604
127605
>>127603
"Alright. Go ahead and sign, and I will deal with payment."
Anonymous
4aaec86
?
No.127605
127606
>>127604
She looks up to him, then looks down, then back to him, and then with a glow of dark green light, she takes the pen, and signs the contract. Her face gives the impression she is not entirely convinced she hasn't signed away her soul and first born
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d334b4
?
No.127606
127607
>>127605
He tries to give her a smile to disarm that feeling, and that he's not trying to exploit her or anything. He takes the paperwork to the landlord.

"Alright, how much to cover this?"
Anonymous
4aaec86
?
No.127607
127608
>>127606
"It's 300 for a month, and 150 for a deposit"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d334b4
?
No.127608
127609
>>127607
Silver quickly produces 450 Bits for the landlord, and gives it to him.

"This covers first month's rent and deposit."
Anonymous
4aaec86
?
No.127609
127610
>>127608
"Thank you, good sir"
He shakes Silver's hoof

Keskoo flat lips turn to a smile
"Thank you for doing this for me"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d334b4
?
No.127610
127617
>>127609
He gives the landlord a firm, friendly hoofshake before turning to Keskoo.

"Do not thank me just yet. We still have to get furniture for you. Want to go furniture shopping?"
Anonymous
63dc27a
?
No.127617
127618
>>127610
The Landlord nods, as he continues his smile, while Keskoo pulls her lips back a bit

Keskoo: "I suppose I do need furniture, yes. Though forgive me..." She looks away. "I am... I am skeptical of what is free. Or even what is cheap. Even those who believe they give out of the goodness of their hearts, give out of their idea of good. A good they want to impose."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c5c8ba6
?
No.127618
127619
>>127617
Silver smiles, though sadly, and nods to her.

"You are forgiven. I understand your skepticism. I am old pony, Keskoo. I have lived for many years, and I am ashamed to say that not every action in that time has been good, or moral. I want to do what is right, for what comparitively little time I have left."
Anonymous
63dc27a
?
No.127619
127620
>>127618
Her lips are still down, and she still looks sad
"I know... It is just this is a big moment for me. Where I live will affect who I interact with, perhaps who I marry, if I am a victim of crime again... I cannot see my family here. Loputu I suppose is the only pony I know. It is big decision, while I know so little."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c5c8ba6
?
No.127620
127621
>>127619
"And you will learn, Keskoo. And I assure you, if you ever need my help again, I will always be there."
Anonymous
63dc27a
?
No.127621
127622
>>127620
She tries to smile again
"Again, thank you"
She stands up taller, and turns to her side
"At least it's only a month of two. So, what is this about furniture?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c5c8ba6
?
No.127622
127623
>>127621
He smiles at her.

"We should go get furniture for apartment. At least bed, if nothing else."
Anonymous
63dc27a
?
No.127623
127624
>>127622
"Yes, I suppose we should. I would rather not sleep on the floor again"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c5c8ba6
?
No.127624
127625
>>127623
The unicorn lets out a little giggle.

"Yes, it is not very nice thing."

Is the landlord still there?
Anonymous
63dc27a
?
No.127625
127626
>>127624
Yes
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c5c8ba6
?
No.127626
127627
>>127625
Silver turns to the landlord.

"Know of good furniture shops?"
Anonymous
63dc27a
?
No.127627
127628
>>127626
Nodding
"Why, I know a good stallion on Sorrel, just one block over from Horesman, twelve down"

Does Silver have his cart though?
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c5c8ba6
?
No.127628
127629 127630
>>127627
...
Fug.
Anonymous
63dc27a
?
No.127629
127631
>>127628
Keskoo giggles
"So long as I have a bed to sleep in tonight"
Spirit of a Sardonic Economist
2b1879a
?
No.127630
>>127628
>tfw you left your car parked somewhere and you can't remember where

Then again, the number of detours on even simple quests is very video-gamey
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c5c8ba6
?
No.127631
127632
>>127629
"Well...I might have forgotten my cart, but I think we can bring bed from shop up to apartment."
Anonymous
63dc27a
?
No.127632
127633 127634
>>127631
"Twelve blocks..." Loputu says
"We can do it"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c5c8ba6
?
No.127633
127635
>>127632
"If you are all ready...let us go."
Anonymous
2b1879a
?
No.127634
>>127632
Oof, reminds me of when I was moving and I had to move a refrigerator down three floors and across a distance of about one and a half city blocks. Hopefully that quadruped carry capacity comes into play. I expect to see rolls!
Anonymous
63dc27a
?
No.127635
127636
>>127633
Loputu
"Well if all you want is to buy some furniture we can get some used. I know a family whose son is moving off to join the Overseas and I'm sure they'll sell his stuff for cheap"

He blinks, and looks back to Silver
"Or sure, we can buy more expensive new furniture, if you just want to show off"

The ponies start their way down Wintry, then to Horseman, then over into Sorrel Avenue. In the process, they leave Little Skynavia and enter Red Heart. As before, many of the buildings look older, run down, or in disrepair. Loputu tries to fill the silence with quips and stories, evidently to humor Keskoo and maybe Silver

"After seeing how nice those apartments were after being rebuilt, I'm starting to wonder if maybe they should have shelled more of the neighborhood"

"Oh! You see that alley right there? Right behind the Dumpster? So you know how when you charge at pigeons, they fly into the air? So a friend of mine and I wanted to know if griffins will fly into the air when you charge them, like giant birds. Now of course, griffins aren't going to be scared of a few little colts. So what we did was we took these big burlap sacks they use to put potatoes in, covered parts of it in oil, added some leaves. I even took a paper cement bag and added it into the mix, made ourselves some kind of costume where we looked like slime monsters that come out of the sewers. So we waited until night fall, and hid behind dumpsters. Then we'd wait for griffins to pass by, and we'd jump out and scare 'em. Turns out some of them did! Just like pigeons! One of them stayed and chased us, that wasn't as fun. But we did again. We found out it also works on Pegasi. Birds, right?"

Keskoo seems to find this funny

"So there was this fancy stallion who was pretty well known in the community who would walk down this way just about every Sunday, and he would wear this giant top hat that looked like one of those a magician would pull a rabbit out of, and I tell you you could fit a rabbit in that hat it was so big. He would wear a fancy coat and walk with this even fancier mare. And I thought I would prank him by sitting up on the roof top of this building. That building, right there, as he was rounding the corner, since he always took the same route. And I would wait there with a fishing pole, and hook that hat right off of his head. So I tried to do that, let the hook down as they were walking past, hoping they wouldn't see the hook. And the hook went just a centimeter too close to me and missed the hat. So I tried to pull the hook back up. But when I did, it got stuck in his coat! So I got spooked, and tried to reel it in! So I pulled on it - really should have just cut the line but i wasn't thinking straight - and that hook went right through and cut half of his coat. Didn't even notice until he rounded the corner and it was sliding down on his shoulder. I thought it was pretty funny, until he told my mother later. It was worth it though, for the expression on that mare's face when she saw him with the ripped coat."

This one is not as funny to Keskoo
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c5c8ba6
?
No.127636
127637
>>127635
Silver laughs at the story about the scared griffons and pegasi, and shakes his head in amusement at Loputu's second story.

"I did not get into very many antics as colt. There was time where my friends dared to me to swim across frozen river in winter. That was coldest I have ever been."
Anonymous
63dc27a
?
No.127637
127638
>>127636
"Oh, well it doesn't get too cold here. At least the river never freezes over, or I haven't seen it freeze over, though there can be ice near the shore line. Harbor Bay doesn't either. We'd do all sorts of dares to go diving into the water though. Swim underneath some of the larger ships. Friend tried that once on a big ocean going freighter, swim under it. Lumine Põld was his name. He went under and was under a while, and when he came up again on the other side he was bleeding all over his back. Scraped the bottom of it and it was covered in barnacles. But there were all sorts of things like that. One time I was jumping between houses on the sea shore, failed to land on the other side and fell too floors. Broke a leg. My parents were not happy about that. Now if you want to talk about cold there was this one time with the freezers they use for fish hauls...."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
c5c8ba6
?
No.127638
127639 127640
>>127637
"Oh? Mind sharing story?"
Spirit of a Sardonic Economist
2b1879a
?
No.127639
127640
>>127638
>friend mangles himself and almost drowns
>Loputo fell two floors and broke a leg
I sleep
>the word "cold" is mentioned
Real s***

Anonymous
63dc27a
?
No.127640
127641 127646
>>127638
"Well yeah. They can be kind of big and long. Kind of like the freezer's they'll have at the market, but much longer. So you can actually get inside of them. So I was out with a friend, it was the same pony, Lumine, he had a brother who worked at a fish processor, so we went there and were playing around with the equipment. I got into one of the freezers and laid in it, closed the door. Kind of like a coffin. And it was very cold and completely dark. Which I expected because it was a freezer. But when I tried to open the door it wouldn't open. So I tried again and it wouldn't open. I was almost panicking when Lumine opened the door, and I bolted out of there. I wasn't in it for very long but I'm almost afraid of those freezers ever since."

>>127639
shrugs
I've heard kind of similar stories from my Boomer parents and Gen X older brother that were about equal, so I figured I would translate these stories into an industrial urban seaside setting. Maybe the imitation of past eras doesn't translate well to the younger generations who have never gone outside to play with friends, but I am trying to attempting to recreate a place and time that no longer exists, not trying to impress
Anonymous
2b1879a
?
No.127641
127642
>>127640
Same, my father had all sorts of stories from his youth. Never broke a bone or witnessed a major injury like that, though. Makes sense Silver would be desensitized or would make a wry comment.
Anonymous
68d2475
?
No.127642
>>127641
Oh, I misread that as your reaction, rather than Silvers reaction

Of course Silver would be desensitized, he’s seen worse just last night
Anonymous
2b1879a
?
No.127643
127644
File (hide): C34D9087A4D56D5A1E1A2984D5A01D45-16269118.mp4 (15.5 MB, Resolution:854x480 Length:00:03:40, 1587106605.mp4) [play once] [loop]
1587106605.mp4
I hope Dark Star comes back, I want to know if he'll ever like birbs.

Anonymous
68d2475
?
No.127644
158710832.jpeg
>>127643
I do too....
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4ce2986
?
No.127646
127647
>>127640
"Сладкая Селестия! That would be nightmare scenario."
Anonymous
a96e0c0
?
No.127647
127648
>>127646
"Oh, it would be. Maybe not as much as that other thing..."
Loputu and Keskoo look forward in silence

They approach the furniture store, which looks to be reasonably large with several styles, upon entering. No pony to great them immediately, but something closer in style, if not in goods sold, to a department store. Silver may recall that he has an additional, empty room at the beach house
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4ce2986
?
No.127648
127649
>>127647
"Hmm...this seems rather nice. I will have to remember this place."

The first place Silver looks is in the beds section.
Anonymous
a96e0c0
?
No.127649
127650
>>127648
This is a walk past a set of sofas to an area with several beds - queen beds, double beds, king beds, bunk beds, and fold out beds. Several styles of head boards as well
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4ce2986
?
No.127650
127651
>>127649
Silver turns to Keskoo.

"See anything you like?"
Anonymous
a96e0c0
?
No.127651
127656
>>127650
She looks around, walking slowly. She passes by the dark varnished Victorian style headboards, and pays more attention to the lighter colored wooden headboards.
"I suppose I should take one of the smaller ones."
Then she comes to a headboard that is not varnished in dark brown, but has intricate patterns, including trees and snowflakes
"This one is pretty"
Anonymous
dcc67b6
?
No.127652
127653
>>127557
Iron blinks, having witnessed a mare talk to the magical object with a tilt of his head. "...I do not see the bronze object moving to reach whatever sort of food items you have just said," he comments, lightly tapping the communication device again to see if it reacted.
Anonymous
bf04c3e
?
No.127653
127654
>>127652
To do this, Iron must come up to White Sands so close he is almost touching her. Not that this is problematic. Tapping the brass object yields a slight ringing sound.

White Sans giggles in a sort of nervous way
"heh heh, it's a phone, to call the ponies downstairs, darling. Have you never seen a phone before?"
Anonymous
dcc67b6
?
No.127654
>>127653
Iron blinks, turning to her while still rubbing coats. "...'pone'?" he mutters, clearly puzzled by the name choice "That is one weird name." He pokes the pone once more, eyeing it curiously "So it sends words to others? Because I still do not see it moving to report what you have asked."
Anonymous
bf04c3e
?
No.127655
127658
She gives a toothy smile at him, awkwardly
"Darling, it's called a telephone. From ancient Trot, meaning "distant voice." It's a device that lets you talk to others."
She stares back at him awkwardly
"Think of it like..... object assisted shouting"

Looking at the object, it's a brass tube that expands on each end, that is connected by a wire to a metal base that has a wheel with many little holes
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4ce2986
?
No.127656
127657
>>127651
"If I may, it does look like something that would fit you."
Anonymous
bf04c3e
?
No.127657
127661 127691
>>127656
She smiles in her weak, sort of way
"If it isn't too much to ask for... If I can get something like this for a double bed"
Anonymous
dcc67b6
?
No.127658
127659
>>127655
Iron widens his eyes, seemingly understanding such a concept, specially at her parallel example. "Oh that makes sense," he happily concludes, nodding "so then the ponies should come here eventually, right?"
Anonymous
bf04c3e
?
No.127659
127660
>>127658
"Yes. And they will bring breakfast" She says, almost relieved
Anonymous
dcc67b6
?
No.127660
127662
>>127659
Iron proceeds to give Sands a little hug, nuzzling the side of her head. "Oh, you're the best, love," he proclaims confidently.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
4ce2986
?
No.127661
127662
>>127657
Silver smiles at her.

"Of course!"
Anonymous
a96e0c0
?
No.127662
127663
>>127660
Iron is easily enough able to place the fore of his body over the small mare, and she smiles back to him in an almost devious kind of way that seems so much nicer that her earlier, toothy smile. There is something kind of soothing in the feel of the fur on her head..

It doesn't take that long for a knock to be heard on the door
"Room service"
"Come in!"
And a zebra stallion - almost a colt, and if Iron checks, no he does not look to be one of Black Cauldron's brothers - comes in pushing a cart that has several trays, including one with two levels. It includes nice brown breaded circles, syrup, a bowl of oatmeal, four muffins, and a pair of oranges and another of apples

>>127661
She closes her eyes and prances in place
"hehehe!"
Then she moves her legs apart in place
"I'll take it!"
Anonymous
dcc67b6
?
No.127663
127664
>>127662
Iron can't help but trail his eyes across the expansive number of options of the table, calculating from item to item as he proceeds to walk forward and inspect each and every food item as if he'd never seen most of the things, specially the fancy transportation they were brought in.
Anonymous
a96e0c0
?
No.127664
127665 127691
>>127663
The zebra stallion wordlessly places the trays onto a table, and White Sands stands in her place. Iron can smell fresh baked pancakes, the sweet smell of syrup, and fruity smells from the muffins - both banana and blue berry. Coffee as well is placed on the table, next to the oatmeal, and the smell of it slowly starts to fill up the room
Anonymous
dcc67b6
?
No.127665
127666
>>127664
Iron sniffs deeply, enamored by all the smells, both old and new, as his eyes close to enjoy the prelude before the munching.
Anonymous
a96e0c0
?
No.127666
127667
>>127665
White Sands walks forward, picking up and sipping the lighter of the two coffees
Anonymous
dcc67b6
?
No.127667
127668
>>127666
Eyeing over what Sands is doing, Iron decides to reciprocate, moving his snout towards the other coffee before moving his vision along the container, glancing at Sands' sipping.
After a bit, Iron opts to simply sink his snout into the container, attempting to sip the contents gently.
Anonymous
b58e25d
?
No.127668
127669
>>127667
Sticking his snout in, the smell is strong and fresh, rising with the steam. Sipping the dark brown liquid, it is... hot. Very hot. Not so hot that he burns himself, but hot enough that it is unpleasant. The taste is bitter.
Anonymous
dcc67b6
?
No.127669
127670
>>127668
Iron can't help but grimace slightly at the taste, scrunching his snout lightly before continuing to push through the unpleasantries in both bitter taste and uncomfortable heat, deciding to gradually drink the item as he glances at the edible options.
Anonymous
68d2475
?
No.127670
127671
>>127669
Oatmeal, muffins, pancakes and fruit

White Sands sips the coffee almost delicately
“There is cream if you want some. I don’t know, you seem like the sort of stallion who likes their coffee ‘black’”
Anonymous
dcc67b6
?
No.127671
127672
>>127670
Iron shakes his head. "Thank you, but it will not be necessary," he responds, stretching his back "I simply wish to rid myself of my tiredness more than feeling cream in my mouth."
With that being said, Iron proceeds to go for the safe route, munching lazily on an assortment of fruits first, then potentially decide on being more adventurous when his stomach started to wake up his mind.
Anonymous
68d2475
?
No.127672
127673
>>127671
“Well, the coffee is a stimulant, so it will help keep you stay awake. Not as much as the... Pervitin last night though, no.”
Anonymous
dcc67b6
?
No.127673
127674
>>127672
"I figured," Iron answers promptly, chewing on the fruit "so what were you planning to do today?"
Anonymous
e1e84a9
?
No.127674
127675
>>127673
“I don’t even know..... I suppose that’s the hard thing about freedom. You don’t know what choice to make. I was sure I wanted the cash and security... but other than that, no. But I can tell you what I will not be doing. I will not be serving any damned griffin criminals and their weird religions.”
Anonymous
dcc67b6
?
No.1