/vx/ - Videogames and Paranormal


If you want to see the latest posts from all boards in a convenient way please check out /overboard/
Note: JS is reccomended to be able to post effortlessly, but I am working on a system where that won't be needed.

Name
Email
Subject
By clicking New Reply, I acknowledge the existence of the Israeli nuclear arsenal.
Comment
0
Select File / Oekaki
File(s)
Password (For file and/or post deletion.)

0CD358C0-50DD-4FF5-8538-F5DD6739C788.png
Occupied Equestria - Long Hard Ride
Anonymous
72d6971
?
No.139000
139001
The adventure continues
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139001
139048
>>139000
Silver looks expectantly at the Lieutenant.
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139007
139008
>>138881 →
Amber takes herself and her meal to a seat across from Mustard Trim, seeing that he's alone at the moment. "Hello, I won't interrupt you if I eat here, will I?"
Anonymous
72d6971
?
No.139008
139011
>>139007
Mustard Trim pulls his head up from off the table and looks towards Amber. He stops crouching over, and places his hooves on the table.

“Sure.” He answers plainly. The earth pony’s mane is a darker brown, and his coat is the color his name implies. He is young, older than the cook, but probably younger than even Amber. He’s fairly large in size.
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139011
139012
>>139008
If Amber is very hungry she's good at not showing it as she's not eating too hurriedly, though she does eye the soup quite often. She ventures to speak on occasion. "You're the newest waiter here?"
Anonymous
72d6971
?
No.139012
139013
>>139011
“Yes” he says, kind of sharply. “Just hired on”
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139013
139014
>>139012
"Oh, like me." She continues, "I saw how you were doing and I think you did a really good job.
A whole bushel better than me, I caused some messes…."

Anonymous
72d6971
?
No.139014
139015
>>139013
“Heh” he smiles widely and pulls his head back a little as his ears pull down slightly. “Thank you.”
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139015
139016
>>139014
"I don't really know the ponies here, but they seem nice, if a bit odd…" She slurps down some soup. "What're your impressions?"
Anonymous
72d6971
?
No.139016
139017
>>139015
“It’s a big of a mixed group” he answers. “I think most of them are nice. But they are often concerned with their own thing. It’s not like the small town, where everypony knows each other, or at least knows they may see each other again.”
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139017
139018
>>139016
"I know, it's rough finding trying to fit in around here when most ponies seem so aloof. Maybe it's just because I'm new here, but I feel cut off, like a marionette from its strings."
Anonymous
72d6971
?
No.139018
139019
>>139017
“That’s... well, that’s about how it goes. At least... yeah, it’s not been that much different for me. You have to learn whole new grocery stores and laundromats, and you have to make a whole new set of friends.”
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139019
139020
>>139018
"What's a laundromat?"
Anonymous
72d6971
?
No.139020
139021
>>139019
He smiles at Amber
“It’s a place you take clothing to to have cleaned. I guess you just got into the city?”
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139021
139022
>>139020
"I…I just got here yesterday…."
She looks away shyly.
Anonymous
72d6971
?
No.139022
139023
>>139021
This causes him to laugh
“Hehheheh”
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139023
139024
>>139022
Cue a scrunchy expression. "The way you were talking, you must have come from out of town too."
Anonymous
72d6971
?
No.139024
139025
>>139023
When his face comes back to meet Amber’s, his laughing stops abruptly, and his smile is swept away.

“It’s just nice to not be the newest anymore. I am from Donmouth. It’s not that far from here, but twenty miles makes a world of difference. I moved here with my mother.”
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139025
139026
>>139024
"I know what you mean. I've never been to Donmouth but it sounds nice. I'm from about forty or forty-five miles to the west, but it ain't a proper town per se."
Anonymous
72d6971
?
No.139026
139028
>>139025
“Is it a hamlet? How big are we talking about?”
subsubj
a4b1962
?
No.139027
2020-12-14_10-18-27_vx_-_Occupied_Equestria_-_Long_Hard_Ride_-_mlpol.png
2020-12-14_10-18-30_vx_-_Occupied_Equestria_-_Long_Hard_Ride_-_mlpol.png
test
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139028
139029
>>139026
"Just a farm really, with a dirt road to other neighboring farms. So a hamlet I suppose, but a bit more spread out. It was a long trot to Carneighy, which is the closest place with a train stop."
Anonymous
72d6971
?
No.139029
139030
>>139028
“Heh, yeah. That’s a hamlet. Donmouth had a church and a railway station. And a paper mill my dad and brother used to work at.” He pauses for a moment. “Uh... so what brings you here?”
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139030
139031
>>139029
"I know it's not very glamorous of a purpose, but I'm here to make some money. For my folks back home."
Anonymous
72d6971
?
No.139031
139032
>>139030
“I can understand that”. He looks up to Amber. His eyes look as if they are two different shades of purple. Then he looks down. Then back up to Amber.
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139032
139033
>>139031
His coloration is so similar to mine, it's uncanny, she wonders to herself. Realizing that she was staring she goes back to eating her food.
Anonymous
72d6971
?
No.139033
139034
>>139032
Amber is allowed to get back to her food. Mustard Trim doesn’t start talking to her, at least yet. Over on the far side, de sew finds a lamp.
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139034
139035
>>139033
She looks at the other employees and patrons and wonders what aspirations they have, and what events must have coincided to bring them into the same room like this.
Anonymous
72d6971
?
No.139035
139036
>>139034
De Sew picks up the lamp and carries it around to the other side of the room. The zebra colt has disappeared from line of sight, presumably back into the kitchen. Melon Mangrove wipes a table while chatting (without eye contact) to the hat-wearing stallion, who sits a table with one of the giggling mares hanging on him. The other stallion sits across from him, and he nuzzled the second giggling mare. Salt Mixer leans over on conversation with the lone stallion remaining at the bar. It’s clearly around closing time.
Anonymous
1961953
?
No.139036
139037
>>139035
One thing certainly is very surprising for Amber. "Wow. They became good friends really fast."
Anonymous
72d6971
?
No.139037
139038
>>139036
The Princesses may be gone, but friendship retains its magic

“Floozies and occupation soldiers” Mustard Trim remarks
Anonymous
1961953
?
No.139038
139039
>>139037
"Huh? Does that make a difference?"
Anonymous
72d6971
?
No.139039
139040
>>139038
He shakes his head
“Not to them.”
Anonymous
1961953
?
No.139040
139041
>>139039
"Well, okay. But even Miss Mixer is chatting with a customer, so maybe this really is the place to be to meet other ponies."
Anonymous
72d6971
?
No.139041
139042
>>139040
Mustard Trim puts his head down
“Maybe. Who do you want to meet?”
Anonymous
1961953
?
No.139042
139043
>>139041
"I don't really know, I've never seen so many ponies in one place before. In the city, I mean. If I would have to say, though, probably ponies around my age, and those who know all about city life."
Anonymous
72d6971
?
No.139043
>>139042
“Like... a school? Or a bowling group? A political organization? Or are you looking for ‘fun’?”
Anonymous
1961953
?
No.139044
139045
"Well, I'd like to have some fun but maybe that's what bowling is for, I've never tried it but it sounds popular. If I had any 'castles in the air,' though, it would be to go to music school. I don't think that'll happen so it's best to be content."
Anonymous
72d6971
?
No.139045
139046
>>139044
He twists his lips a little, as if unsure what to think of her response.
“That’s the difference between the small town and the city, really. In the small town, and on the farm, what you have to do in life is more or less set for you. Everything you need to do, you are told to do, and you are told how to do. In the city, it’s not like that at all. There are so many opportunities, and so many things you can become. But it’s not set for you. You have to find it yourself. You have to be the one to make it happen because it will not come to you. That’s what I think, anyways.”
Anonymous
1961953
?
No.139046
139048
>>139045
Amber frowns a bit, her ears drooping. She finished her meal while Mustard was talking and now pushes the bowl away from her, resting her cheek on a hoof. "I don't think I can do that…. I rented the first apartment I could afford and took practically the first two jobs I could find. There's no way to know if I made the right choices or neglected to find something a lot better. It's another odd thing about the city, but…having so many possible choices makes me feel less in control than if I had just a few. Do you ever feel this way?"
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139048
139050 139114
>>139046
He is silent for a moment, and lowers his head slightly

“Yes...”

>>139001
I was thinking Brisbuck had left the table by this point, but sure, we’ll go with this

“Uh, sure. I can handle it.”
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139050
139051
>>139048
She smiles reassuringly. "I think I made the right choice coming here though, the restaurant's very cozy and you and Salt Mixer are very nice."
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139051
139052
>>139050
He lifts his head and smiles back.
“You think so?”
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139052
139054
>>139051
"Well, you let me talk about my problems and I feel a bit better now, so, um…thank you." As she says this her cheeks redden slightly.
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139054
139055
>>139052
“Heh, well... any time you want to talk, you can talk to me.” He answers, also seeming to redden.
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139055
139056
>>139054
"Sure, it certainly helps that we work at the same place. Uh, what are the other waiters like? I've hardly spoken to them at all."
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139056
139057
>>139055
“Both of them are a bit older and seem to do this as an... uh... well, you know, as an actual job. De Sew is a mother. She’s fairly professional. Melon Mangrove has been here for a while but she’s in some kind of schooling. Both of them are nice, but De Sew is a little more reserved. There are also two other waiters who do this part time, but they are not here today.”
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139057
139058
>>139056
"Good to know…what do you mean they do this as an 'actual job?' Is it different for you?"
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139058
139059
>>139057
“I mean, it’s like full time. I’m in school. I do this to help support myself and my mother.”
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139059
139060
>>139058
She leans forward curiously. "You're in school? What's that like?"
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139060
139061
>>139059
“Well... it can be... kind of boring, actually. There’s papers and math and writing exercises. And then you have to take work home to do.”
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139061
139062
>>139060
"It sounds like work a secretary would do, except you're not getting paid."
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139062
139063
>>139061
This gets laughter from him
“Something like that, yeah. Though I’ve never been a secretary... Are you not in school?” He asks
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139063
139064
>>139062
The auburn-haired mare shakes her head. "No, everything I know came from my parents and the books they collected. As for here in the city, during the day I work at a clothing store."
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139064
139065
>>139063
“Huh...” he looks at Amber with a blank expression.
“That’s a bit different. Must not have been a school house out where you’re from.”
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139065
139066
>>139064
"Not really, no." She shifts around uncomfortably.
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139066
139067
>>139065
“You really are from a small place then”
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139067
139068
>>139066
"It never looked too small to me. Number of ponies, sure, but there were plenty of fields, a forest to the south, and even a lake not too far away. Even without a proper town we had all the necessities of life."
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139068
139069
>>139067
“Bet you didn’t know restaurants like this were necessary. Or clothing stores... or any of the other stuff you find in the city.”
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139069
139070
>>139068
"I'd much rather cook for myself–no offense, I think this restaurant is excellent–but I need to save to buy cooking utensils and groceries."
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139070
139071
>>139069
“You’re not a fan of Jambalry’s cooking?” He asks, feigning skepticism. More seriously, he asks:
“You don’t have any utensils?!”
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139071
139072
>>139070
"I don't have anything except for some clothes and my mandolin. I'm already a hundred and fifty bits in debt–" she makes a disgusted expression "–but my landlord told me there's no place cheaper and that I really didn't want to sleep outside for some reason."
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139072
139073
>>139071
“Oh... well that’s unfortunate.”
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139073
139074
>>139072
She smiles optimistically though tiredly. "It shouldn't be like this for too long, though. With two jobs I should be getting better off quickly."
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139074
139075
>>139073
“Hopefully...” he answers, kind of unsure.
“So uh... what’s the clothing business like?”
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139075
139076
>>139074
"It's different than what I expected. I don't know all that much because it was also my first day there, but there are ponies who like to overdress and others who just hate clothing stores."
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139076
139077
>>139075
“That sounds about right for this city.” He answers
“Think you’ll have fun doing it?”
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139077
139078
>>139076
Amber yawns, her eyelids drooping. "I don't know. Maybe?"
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139078
139079
>>139077
“Getting pretty tired there?” He asks
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139079
139080
>>139078
Nodding, she answers, "Normally I don't stay up this late." She shifts with a sudden panic. "I–," another yawn, "I need to be getting back. I have work tomorrow."
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139080
139081
>>139079
“Do you...” his ears go down, he looks away, then looks back to Amber. “Do you want me to walk to you back?”
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139081
139082
>>139080
She smiles at Mustard. "That would be nice, but I don't live very far away, and what about you?"
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139082
>>139081
“I stay with my mother further south, in a row house by the river.”
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139083
139084
"That is a lot further away! Are you sure you don't want me to walk you home?"
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139084
139085
>>139083
“Heh”
But he doesn’t actually have a response to this one.
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139085
139086
>>139084
"Anyway, it was nice to meet you, Mustard Trim. Maybe we can talk again tomorrow?"
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139086
139087
>>139085
“Uh, sure” he says, awkwardly smiling. “You’re sure you are comfortable walking back alone?” He adds
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139087
139088
>>139086
She looks puzzled by his insistence. "I live a ways east of here. There's nothing I should worry about, is there?"
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139088
139089
>>139087
“Well, I just... I guess if you feel safe... but if you don’t...”
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139089
139090
>>139088
She smiles amusedly. "I'm touched you're so worried about a filly you just met. That's very gentlecoltly of you."
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139090
139091
>>139089
“Thank you...” he says, falling back in his seat
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139091
139092
>>139090
"You're welcome. Anyway, goodnight and take care on your trot home." She gets up, pushes her chair back into place and starts to turn to the exit.
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139092
139093
>>139091
Mustard Trim makes no reply nor movement, and Amber walks unmolested to the front door.
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139093
139094
>>139092
Thankfully Mustard has no interest in molesting her at the time, so Amber leaves the restaurant and returns to her apartment.
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139094
139095
>>139093
[1d20 = 6]

It’s much colder now, especially with a wind from the north blowing in, unimpeded on the north-south street
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139095
139096
>>139094
Amber shivers and pulls her cloak I believe she brought it with her more tightly around herself.
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139096
139097
>>139095
She makes her way eastward. It’s done number of streets. There are ponies on the sidewalks, and non-pony creatures both hippoform and not, walking in groups, in pairs, alone, or even stumbling about aimlessly on street corners. The buildings become shorter, and the streets, dirtier the further east she moves. Most areas are lit by street lamp, some are not. On one corner, illuminated almost by floodlights, two pegasi in green uniforms stand carrying what look like carbine rifles.

[1d20 = 4]
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139097
139098
>>139096
Those look like soldiers. No wonder Mustard sounded tense, it just doesn't feel safe around here for some reason. It's neither cheery with ponies being carefree or tranquil like countryside nights.
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139098
139099
>>139097
Most of the streets don’t have any particular problem with smell or garbage, but there are one or two brief segments where a pungent smell comes through. In some areas, restaurants and bars are open and still have life in them. In others, closed, unlit stores create a wall of darkness on the sides of streets. A similar pattern repeats when Amber enters the residential areas.
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139099
139100
>>139098
Amber wonders why there would be any eateries or other establishments open at this hour, and how unpleasant it must be for the staff if it's already so late for her.
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139100
139101
>>139099
All the same, Amber eventually arrives back at the tenement block containing her apartment
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139101
139102
>>139100
See, it was nothing. Mustard was just being a worrywort, she thinks to herself. She goes upstairs to her apartment.
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139102
139103
>>139101
Amber makes it back to her apartment at probably around 10:30 PM. She’s spent 10 or so hours working at minimum wage to serve ponies who are far higher class than her, only finally eating leftovers late at night, while being indirectly victimized by political terrorism, dealing with competing agency jurisdictions. and pushing away two colts. Unfortunately, she was unsuccessful in her primary goal of not owing money to the mafia. Could be worse though. Could be a lot worse.
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139103
139104
>>139102
The broader context of her situation is lost on her, as she expected the first few days of city life to be somewhat rough. Being far too tired to closely think about her day, she's glad to be one day closer toward not owing any debt, having a warm meal in her belly and meeting some more-or-less friendly faces. She brushes her teeth and says her prayers before heading to sleep, though this time she foregoes thorough grooming and musical practice.
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139104
139105
>>139103
Also Amber was unable to use her instrument today. You’ll get ‘em next time, little filly
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139105
139106
>>139104
Should we go onto the next day?
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139106
139107
>>139105
Depends on the intent for the next day. What do?
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139107
139108
>>139106
If it's a weekday Amber would like to go to work.
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139108
139109
>>139107
Hmmm... what other ambitions does Amber have for the next day?
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139109
139110
>>139108
A chance to play the mandolin and/or better knowing her coworkers.
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139110
139111
A1CA676F-19A2-4EB4-9041-D02980BC223A.jpeg
>>139109
Hmmm...

Regardless, Amber wakes up in her bed, finding herself not stabbed, abducted, nor replaced by a Changeling.
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139111
139112
>>139110
Hoping that she didn't wake up too late–lacking a clock makes determining that difficult–she says her morning prayers, takes a quick shower (the cold water unpleasantly waking her up fully), and brushes her hair before she gets dressed and heads out.
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139112
139113
>>139111
Onwards to work?
Amber Sunset
1961953
?
No.139113
139116
>>139112
Amber heads onward to work, hopeful that there won't be any more mean anarchists this time.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139114
139115
>>139048
Silver nods, and gets up to find the black-coated light machinegunner who pulled the cart to recruit him into his telegraph repair squad.
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139115
139129
>>139114
This pony is perhaps the strongest in the platoon, and if he isn’t, he’s not far off. He seems fairly plain in expression, and asks,

“Do I need my gun?”
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139116
139117
>>139113
No anarchists. Yet. It’s colder today than yesterday, with occasional wind. Looks like there may be rain. High Sewn stands immediately outside the door of her shop, smoking a cigarette. The window of the display case is new and clean, but many items are missing from the display.
Anonymous
1961953
?
No.139117
139118
>>139116
Shivering, Amber is eager to get inside the shop. She doesn't know why High Sewn would be standing in place like that, whether to smoke a cigarette or not. "Hello Miss Sewn! It's a nippy day today, isn't it?"
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139118
139119
>>139117
“For you I suppose it is”
She blows out smoke

Amber makes it inside the store easily enough
Anonymous
1961953
?
No.139119
139120
>>139118
Just like yesterday, Amber looks at the shelves and replaces whatever's scarce with supplies from the back.
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139120
139121
>>139119
As per usual, there’s a set of socks and coats that are missing, but also a number of items from the higher priced racks. High Sewn walks in with that half-annoyed expression on her face, holding a coffee cup and a newspaper. She sits down at her desk, opens a notebook and the receipt drawer, and starts taking notes.

“Remember to take note of inventory” she says to Amber without looking away from her note book
Anonymous
1961953
?
No.139121
139122
>>139120
"Of course, ma'am!" Amber sets to it, dutifully writing down numbers for each type of merchandise, while making a mental note of any differences.
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139122
139123
>>139121
Merchandise is slowly being used up, that’s for sure. Soon enough, the store is ready to be opened for the morning.
Anonymous
1961953
?
No.139123
139124
>>139122
After that necessary work is done, Amber opens shop and stands near the door.
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139124
139125
>>139123
It isn’t too long before customers come by. The first mare in says she’s just looking, and walks past Amber. She tries to look at clothing, but ultimately leaves without buying anything. The sand is true of the second mare. The third one comes in, tries on a sweater and buys it, leaving quickly.
Anonymous
1961953
?
No.139125
139126
>>139124
It's a good thing the window was replaced so quickly, ponies seem attracted to the shop.
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139126
139127
>>139125
It’s fairly low cost purchases at the moment, but there are some sales. The highlight of the morning is High Sewn making Amber stand perfectly straight and still (and taking off her other clothing) while she uses her to fit and work on an ordered dress.
Anonymous
1961953
?
No.139127
139128
>>139126
This is quite unexpected for Amber, who never worked as a model before. She does the best she can despite the awkwardness of standing still while a stranger performs measurements. One question raised, however, is the suitability of herself for fitting as she is shorter than most other mares.
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139128
139131
>>139127
High Sewn rebuffs these concerns
“She’s just as short and round as you, don’t worry.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139129
139130
>>139115
"Depends on how long you are willing to carry it around. I do not expect we will find enemies, but we should expect unexpected."
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139130
139134
>>139129
“Do you need me to cart something else around?” He asks
Anonymous
1961953
?
No.139131
139132
>>139128
"Um, okay. And what do you mean, round?"
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139132
139133
>>139131
“Oh, don’t be too offended by it. Those drugged up trigs they expect you to pay extra for for fitting don’t have body shapes found in nature. At least not on mammals anyways.”
Anonymous
1961953
?
No.139133
139135
>>139132
"Huh? Who are you talking about?" Amber looks more confused than ever.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139134
139135
>>139130
"Maybe. We are going to investigate telegraph outage, and if it turns out to be fallen pole, we may need your help fixing it."
Anonymous
2d63adf
?
No.139135
139136 139137
>>139133
Damn it. Should have said “twigs” instead of “trigs”
“Oh, never mind that. How hold still and suck in. I need to mark a spot on this fabric.”

>>139134
He nods
“Very well”

If instructed by silver, he retrieves his gun from the cart. If not, he simply follows the other ponies.
Anonymous
1961953
?
No.139136
139150
>>139135
"Ok." She sucks in her belly, her cheeks puffing out.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139137
139150
>>139135
Silver directs him to take the gun, just in case. With that, the squad moves to the telegraph office, to first see if the pony inside has any information for them.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139150
139151 139154
>>139136
"There you go. Good girl. Now stand still." She takes a number of measurements, and especially tries to cut parts of fabric next to her. "Keep standing still" she says. It takes a few minutes, but she gets what she needs, and releases Amber.

>>139137
The jet black earth pony pulls the massive gun out, and carries it in a sling over his back, along with several magazines It's a gun almost built for Earth ponies, and it shows off his strength well. Still, he'll probably need to set it aside if heavy lifting is necessary.

The Lunar Telephone and Telegraph Company is located in a small pale brick building along Main Street, south of Old Mecc Trail Road. The flat, black colored roof hangs over the side of the building some ways. Inside, beyond a wooden floor and behind a hardwood desk, a pegasus mare with a long, yellow braided mane, a reddish brown sweater, and bright, green eyes watches the ponies as they enter.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139151
139152
>>139150
Silver bows his head to her.

"Excuse me, I heard there was problem with telegraph lines."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139152
139153
>>139151
"The line is down." She answers plainly. "The line to Wald at least."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139153
139155
>>139152
"Can you offer any additional information? We are going to see if we can repair it."
Anonymous
e1ed3f3
?
No.139154
139155
>>139150
"Mmmm" Amber mutters uncomfortably, particularly as she hears the snipping of scissors next to her. After it's over she dons her dress again and takes her place near the door, glad to be over that inconvenience.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139155
139157 139164
>>139153
"Well... It worked yesterday. Now it doesn't, as of the first of this morning. It's not receiving any signal, and we don't know if anything that is sent makes it through. I think our equipment here is working. It's probably the line."

>>139154
Amber finds herself in a position of authority to modify the heating arrangement for the store. The light from outside is dimmed by clouds, and again most ponies entering want the lower cost items.
Amber Sunset
e1ed3f3
?
No.139157
139158
>>139155
It doesn't seem to be too cold, at least for Amber, and she doesn't want to meddle with the heating or do anything that may irk High Sewn.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139158
139159
>>139157
The inside of the store drifts colder, but High Sewn doesn't say anything.
Amber Sunset
e1ed3f3
?
No.139159
139160
>>139158
It's a good thing I brought my woolen dress. Would be nice to be more active, though.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139160
139161
>>139159
The remainder of the morning section is fairly uneventful. There are some customers, but they don't need more help than "where are your x?" some of which Amber can answer, and some of which High Sewn intervenes to answer
Amber Sunset
e1ed3f3
?
No.139161
139162
>>139160
Amber nonetheless keeps an eye out for any potentially malicious loiterers.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139162
139163
>>139161
No political extremists who did not possess the intent to buy clothing could be found outside or around the store. There was a young mare with disheveled mane and a grey sweater who stands in place and sways a little that High Sewn watched after she came into the store. Evidently she didn't take anything, as High Sewn stopped watching after she left.
Amber Sunset
e1ed3f3
?
No.139163
139165
>>139162
Amber wonders why that mare looked a little off-kilter and hadn't bothered to brush her mane, but doesn't say anything.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139164
139165
>>139155
"Do you think it could have been cut by Changeling saboteurs?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139165
139166 139167
>>139163
And so, Amber makes it through (part) of her shift. Lunchbreak time.

>>139164
"It's.... possible, if they made it this far. could be a sudden gust of wind breaking a pole, or a bolt of lightening. Could be a rat chewed through it, or some other wildlife. It could even be a pony rebel, or a deserter."
Amber Sunset
e1ed3f3
?
No.139166
139168
>>139165
Unfortunately lunch takes money, a.k.a. cash, and that is the one thing Amber doesn't have at the moment. Another day will pass without lunch. It'll get better when I'm paid… she thinks.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139167
139168
>>139165
"Alright. One last thing: are there any tools we should have to fix wire with?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139168
139169 139172
>>139167
“Oh... I don’t know tools very well..” the mare answers.

Amber Grain volunteers the following
“Well, it’s the same as testing any other wire that sends an electric current. You get a electric tester like a multimeter, try to put a current through the wire, and see if there is a current through each section to isolate the section with the problem.”

>>139166
That’s a pretty good attitude to have. Food is only for winners
Amber Sunset
e1ed3f3
?
No.139169
139170
>>139168
Unfortunately it's hard to maintain a positive attitude with an empty belly as the hours wear on.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139170
139171
>>139169
Guy arrives at perhaps 12:50, wearing his fancy vest. He starts moving items to the display case, with some consultation with High Sewn on what items belong there
Amber Sunset
e1ed3f3
?
No.139171
139173
>>139170
Amber tries to help him in any capacity, from carrying the items themselves to preventing any dragging on the floors.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139172
139173
>>139168
Silver smiles, and looks at the mare.

"Do you have a multimeter we can borrow, then?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139173
139174 139180
>>139172
"Uh...."

>>139171
He looks back at her at some point with annoyance or even disdain, but mostly leaves her alone. Amber is able to help with an overly long dress than otherwise risked dragging, although he is able to carry an entire mannequin by himself.
Amber Sunset
e1ed3f3
?
No.139174
139175
>>139173
Griffons are stronger than I thought… she thinks, though she is taken aback by his aloofness.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139175
139176 139230
>>139174
He seems aware of Amber's presence, just non-interactive.

Afternoon shift is soon to begin
Anonymous
e1ed3f3
?
No.139176
>>139175
With not much else to do she starts that.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139177
I has to sleep now
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139180
139181
>>139173
He looks to Amber Grain.

"Do you think you could help her, maybe describe what device looks like?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139181
139182
>>139180
The mare:
"Uh...."

Amber Grain:
"Do you think this filly has ever worked on a tractor before? C'mon Platoon Sargent. Let's see if the 332nd or some farm around here has one."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139182
139183
>>139181
"I have never worked on telegraphs or tractors, so...let us go see if 332nd has one."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139183
139184
>>139182
Silver, Amber Grain, Saltlick and the Machine Gunner leave the Lunar Telephone and Telegraph Building, and start walking their way to Old Meccs Trail Road and the town hall. The 332nd is of course spread over a larger area, so they see a green stallion with a big, steel helmet covering much of his head sitting in front of what seems to be a grocer not far from the town hall. There is a group of stallions there, including a beige one, and a blue one with whom the green stallion converses.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139184
139185
>>139183
Silver approaches the group.

"Excuse me sirs, you would not happen to know if your Platoon has multimeter among its supplies?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139185
139186
>>139184
Silver must have surprised the group by his approach, judging by their expressions. The blue stallion - looks to be an earth pony, but with the way his uniform is positioned it's hard to tell if he's simply covering up wings - raises a hoof up in the air as if to signal silence, and then turns his head to Silver

"A multimeter?"

He pauses for a moment, but just as Amber Grain is about to but in, the blue stallion says:
"Yes... We are certain to have one somewhere in our stacks of material. I am unsure how long it would take to find it. You can look through the materials at the rodeo park, or search a garage in this area. They are sure to have the same."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139186
139187
>>139185
He nods.

"Thank you. Sorry to interrupt, we will be on our way."

Silver leads his posse to the rodeo park.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139187
139188
>>139186
Silver goes back a street, past the jail and the sheriff's office, past the Hotel, onto another street, and past a few more small houses with greenish brown wood and covered porches. There is a small open green area that must be a park but Silver can tell was probably common pasture area less than a century ago, and next to it is a set of stables, a ticket stand, fences, and raised seating area that is unmistakable as an arena with a fenced in, oval shaped dirt center. And yet only so much dirt is visible, as in the center are so many wooden crates, a few green tents, and several barrels.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
dcfa821
?
No.139188
139189
>>139187
Silver groans at the sight of all the crates, tents, and barrels.

"I did not think it would be this much hassle when I asked you all to join me."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139189
139190
>>139188
"I never expected anything less from a war. We're just over the one year mark." Amber Grain replies

Walking through the Entry, Silver sees another pair of flags - the blue flag of the two sisters, and the green, white, and blue flag. Silver walks past a black and white photograph of a large cow and a pegasus standing next to it, and of a stallion, wings partly spread and holding a rope in his mouth.

Inside the arena, Silver can see a gate that is closed at the moment, but has larges tracks of dragged crates and other items, and hoof prints abound. Amber Grain walks in, carefully looking around, the machine gunner stands back, but Saltlick flies around, looking at stacks of crates. Silver can see that most contain food in MREs or cans, but some contain medical supplies, ammunition, binoculars, and various other items. Saltlick is the first to see it. "Over here. Electronic repair equipment." Saltlick tries to pull it out of the set of crates, but the machine gunner has to come over, place his gun and bandolier off to the side, and pull out the crate himself. When he does so, a pair of crates fall down several feet. Still, it's a simple enough matter to open the crate, at least for Amber Grain.

"Got it" Amber says.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139190
139199
>>139189
"Great! Eh...let us hope there is nothing fragile in those crates..."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139199
139201
>>139190
From further back in the arena, on the opposite side of the fence and in front of the opposing set of sands, a pair of ponies watch as a third moves closer. The one moving has a visible carbine on his back, a standing stallion lacks a helmet, and all three wear brown uniforms that identify them as support personnel. They weren't there when Silver's team entered. Now they look at the ponies.

Amber Grain is not bothered by this, retrieving not only a multimeter, but clamps, a medium sized spool of wire (and telephone wire at that), clamps, a car battery, wire cutters, and a few other items. The black stallion could surely carry all of this himself but for the gun, so parts of the set are distributed among Silver's team.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139201
139202
>>139199
Silver takes his fair share of the equipment. He waves and calls out to the support ponies.

"We apologize for mess! We just need to borrow some equipment!"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139202
139203
>>139201
They don't respond by voice or gesture. They seem close enough to have heard Silver, but then again a new wind enters, blowing easterly through the valley and creating noise through the flapping of tent roofs.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139203
139204
>>139202
Silver cups his forehooves around his mouth and shouts to them.

"YOU HEAR ME?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139204
139205
>>139203
No response from the supply group. At least one looks at him
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139205
139206 139207
>>139204
"O...kay."

Officially weirded out, he leads the squad out of the area and towards the direction of the telegraph outage. Once out of town, he turns to his compatriots and speaks in a low voice.

"Have any of you three noticed anything...odd, about 332nd?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139206
139208
>>139205
When the ponies pull out, the three supply personnel enter the arena through a gate on the opposite side. All three go to the location of the tipped over crates, with the one with the carbine watching over Silver and his team as they leave (he never brandishes the carbine; it remains on his back), while the two unarmed ponies proceed to right and pick up the fallen crates.

Amber grain replies:
"They don't seem to like us here"

Saltlick
"I haven't interacted with them here at all."

The black colt remains silent
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139207
>>139205
Being aware of an outage is quite a different thing from locating the precise source of the outage.

[1d4 = 2]
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139208
139209
>>139206
"I do not know, but something about this seems bad. My gut is telling me that longer we stay in Vale, more danger we are in. For instance, mare at telegraph office said that this telegraph line was working yesterday, so unless High Command decided to spring news of our arrival to Vale on 332nd last minute, they should have known we would be here. But nothing was prepared for us, and their Captain spoke and acted like he had no idea we be here and told us to be on our way to Front. And on their Captain, while none of you met him or his entourage, it was just like with those support ponies: just silently watching us, blankly, only addressing us when absolutely necessary, and way he spoke was like in those stories about souless metal automaton ponies. No normal pony, not even Captain, speaks like that."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139209
139210
>>139208
"I see" Amber Grain responds. "Well, in fairness, their communication has been out a while now. Before we headed out for Vale from Virtue, it seems. So I really can believe that they never got the message we'd be here, and I wouldn't be surprised either if Command never sent out a message at all. They may be skeptical of a fully armed, large military unit arriving in without notice, especially if they think their communication lines have been cut. Having someone ransack their stacks of supplies may not help."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139210
139211
>>139209
Silver offers a thoughtful grunt.

"Perhaps. But with rumors of upcoming Changeling assault, and how important Vale is to our Frontline forces, I would not like to take chance. I would ask that you all travel as group for as long as you can and not let each other get out of sight. Even if one of you need to defecate or urinate and you need to stand right there and watch them, it is good idea to maintain VC."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139211
139212
>>139210
Amber::
"What about the remainder of the platoon? Thirty-eight ponies and also the machinegun section. They are also in town."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139212
139213
>>139211
"Once we have repaired telegraph line, I will share my suspicions with Lieutenant, then we will gather platoon together and check each soldier to make sure they have not been replaced. We will make it out to be routine inspection. Another thing, do not breathe single word of this to others in platoon."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139213
139214
>>139212
Amber Grain is distinctly worried, as are the other two ponies.

"Very well..."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139214
139215
>>139213
Silver breathes a sigh, though not necessarily one of relief.

"Thank you. But, first things first: let us repair telegraph line."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139215
139216
>>139214
"Very well. We need to test parts of the line determine where the breakage is."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139216
139217
>>139215
"Then let us test right here. We may have already passed it."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139217
139218
>>139216
"Alright"

The ponies go over to the edge of town, past the last building, and on the line by Old Mecc's trail, just before the road goes into a fallow field by the riverside.

Saltlick makes good use of his wings, and flies up the side of the pole towards the top, where he introduces the multimeter, and uses the clamps.

"Okay... signal will come from Wald to here, or at least it seems to. I can't really confirm that. But there's a dead line from the Vale line. The problem is further into town."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139218
139219
>>139217
"Then let us head further in, now that we have starting place."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139219
139220
>>139218
They nod. Silver and company proceed further into town, and test the line in front of the general store.

"Huh... There's a signal coming from Vale, but none from Wald. We are just passed the source of the outage."

Saltlick jumps down from the pole, and then flies over to the top of the feed store, inspecting the connector where the telephone, telegraph, and electric lines connect with the top of the feed store.

"Uh, Platoon Sargent, I think it..."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139220
139221
>>139219
"What is it, Saltlick? What is wrong?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139221
139222
>>139220
"Uh, you want me to describe it, or do you want to come up here and see?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139222
139223
>>139221
Silver looks concerned at his other two compatriots.

"I would rather see it, if there was way for me to get onto roof."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139223
139224
>>139222
Looking around on the other side of the feed store, there is a ladder allowing access to the roof. Going up there, there is a flat roof evidently made of wood. Silver sees that there is a cross beam with insulators on the top of the pole, presumably carrying electricity. It's the insulated cables that run below the eletric lines that Salt Lick points to as a point of concern. There are two cables, each connected to the pole at two points. And both are severed in that inch between each connection. It's a fairly clean cut, which appears to be possible only by instrument, and it's in the one location such a cut could occur without the line falling down to the ground for lack of support.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139224
139225
>>139223
"Saboteur..."

Silver pales slightly at the sight of the cut wires. He looks to Saltlick and speaks with a sense of urgency.

"Fixing telegraph can wait. We need to alert Lieutenant Brisbuck and our platoon. Now."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139225
139226
>>139224
"For what it's worth..." Saltlick adds
"This is one of the only places you can access the line without having to climb a 17 foot pole, or fly."

But Saltlick is as disturbed as Silver, with a blank expression in his eyes. Amber Grain pulls his submachine gun from on his back, to hold in front of himself.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139226
139227
>>139225
Silver looks to the soldier under his command.

"Come, we move as unit. Do not lose sight of each other as we go get Lieutenant."

He leads his group further in town to find other members of his platoon, and ask them where Lieutenant Brisbuck went. He tries to maintain a calm expression on his face in the meantime.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139227
139228
>>139226
The feed store, like the hotel and town hall, are located on Old Mecc's Trail Road, making it a straight shot for Silver and company to the location of most of the platoon, who are hanging around the hotel. The ponies with Silver are decidedly worried, with Amber Grain and now even Saltlick carrying their guns out in front of themselves, and the black colt seriously contemplating doing the same.

A white earth pony sitting down in front of the hotel says,
"He's inside the town hall there."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139228
139230
>>139227
Silver nods, and heads to the town hall with his ponies. He looks hurriedly for the Liuetenant.
Amber Sunset
4252e7d
?
No.139229
139230
I can play now.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139230
139231 139232
>>139228
Silver enters inside the town hall to find an entrance way with a reception area off to one side, and a brief hallway that goes forward with branching hallway holding offices to one end, and a large meeting hall on another end, that holds a raised platform with a podium, a number of chairs, a wooden seal with "Vale, State of Casadia, Born and Raised on the Mecc's Trail" on it, and the image of a river, forest and mountains Silver has seen on the flag, along with the Equestrian and green white and blue flags behind the podium and to the side of the seal. On the tan painted walls are a few pictures of Stallions and what seems to be a mare with shortcut mane and earrings. On the far wall is a painting of what seems to be a river with jumping fish, perhaps a salmon run.

Standing between the seats and the raised section is Brisbuck, as well as a few ponies from the platoon; the corporal who suggested the sleeping arrangement earlier, and a private.

>>139229
Hello

>>139175
The afternoon shift starts, with Guy and presumably Amber assuming their positions
Amber Sunset
4252e7d
?
No.139231
139233
>>139230
Hopefully it goes better today!
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139232
139233
>>139230
Silver steps up to the Lieutenant, maintaining a calm expression, but speaking with words laced with urgency.

"Lieutenant Brisbuck, Sir? I need word with you, if you please. Preferrably in private."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139233
139234 139237
>>139231
Not long after the opening, the first customer comes in, an older mare who seems to be looking for waterproof or resistant items. She doesn't immediately ask for any assistance from Amber or Guy.

>>139232
He turns away from the corporal.
"Uh, sure, sargent."
Amber Sunset
4252e7d
?
No.139234
139235
>>139233
Amber will stand near the "Outdoors" section and smile at the older mare.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139235
139236
>>139234
She doesn't seem to e interested in something oudoors-y per se, at least if her choice of sections is a reflection of her preferences and not her ignorance of the selection. She is nearer the fancy clothing.
Amber Sunset
4252e7d
?
No.139236
139238
>>139235
She'll walk over to that section. "Would you like some help, ma'am?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139237
139238
>>139233
"It will just be minute."

Motioning for his squad to follow, he leads the group, now including the Lieutenant, into a secluded room. He makes sure to close the door before he pulls out his flashlight and turns to the Lieutenant.

"First, I need to check that you have not been replaced by changeling. Keep your eyes open, please."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139238
139239 139240
>>139236
She's an off white, middle age mare wearing a black semi-formal outfit. She turns to Amber. "Hi. Yes. I need something for the rain."

>>139237
There's a room in the hallway from which they entered off to the side, which contains cabinets, several sinks, a stove, a table, has a tile floor, and generally seems to be intended to be a kitchen. The corporal follows Brisbuck and Silver to the location, but the door is closed behind them. It's a large room, and there is a door on the other side, but that is also closed.

"... Sargent?"

Silver still manages to pull his flashlight on Brisbuck. His pupils dilate, and there is some reflection from his irises, though nothing else seems abnormal. He manages to keep his eyes open.
Amber Sunset
4252e7d
?
No.139239
139241
>>139238
"May I suggest a nice wool coat?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139240
139241
>>139238
Silver lets out a sigh of relief, and puts his flashlight away.

"I apologize for that Lieutenant, but we can not take any risks. We investigated telegraph lines, as you ordered. They have been cut deliberately and evenly with sharp object, in place that is unlikely to have been result of intense wind, wild animals, or debris, right here in town."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139241
139242 139243
>>139239
"But that's not entirely water repellant, is it?"
She answers

>>139240
Brisbuck's ears go down.
"What else do we know?"
Amber Sunset
4252e7d
?
No.139242
139244
>>139241
Alas, these were the days before Gore-Tex, unless if a magical equivalent exists. This store is not known for its selection of enchanted clothing.
"Wool will keep you warm even when wet. Something else to consider is a trenchcoat, made of…what was it…'gab-ar-dine.' It's called a trenchcoat because it's worn by soldiers, and if it's good enough for them, it must be fine for you!"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139243
139244
>>139241
"Little, definitively. They were cut early this morning, and whoever did so did their best to hide it. It was made in one of few places where it would not cut lines between poles, but still disable our connection with Wald, where telegraph, telephone, and power lines intersect on roof of Feed Store. And while I have no definite proof...I have suspicions on where those responsible are. I think 332nd has been infiltrated by Changelings."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139244
139245 139246
maxresdefault (2).jpg
>>139242
Pretty sure Governor Bush won Texas

"Trenchcoat?" She seems a bit astonished by this. "I think I'll try a woolen coat then. More ladylike."

>>139243
He blinks
"We're well past the front lines. And there's not much cover to hide behind except the rolling hills, and even those aren't very helpful. How many Changelings could we be facing?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139245
139247
>>139244
"I am unsure to what extent. At minimum, I am suspect of Captain and those of his soldiers who greeted us as we arrived to town, as well as three of 332nd's Support Staff."
Amber Sunset
4252e7d
?
No.139246
139247
>>139244
"What color are you looking for?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139247
139248 139249
>>139246
"At the moment? Black. It matches more of my outfits than most colors."

>>139245
Briskbuck breathes out, and then back in
"He has been avoiding basic questions, like when the last supply shipment came in or how much stock they have, but he'll ask me questions like what units we're going to be assigned to or where we'll be placed."
Amber Sunset
4252e7d
?
No.139248
139251 139252
>>139247
"We must have some in stock here…"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139249
139250
>>139247
"He was unaware of our impending arrival today, did not have anything prepared for our unit, and seemed to want us to move on. Unless High Command left him completely high and dry in intel since yesterday, I can not see explanation for his behavior or that of some of his subordinates."

Silver paces back and forth in the room.

"Our platoon is in danger longer we stay here, but we can not let Changelings have Vale if 332nd really has been infiltrated. I have working plan of action, but as you are our Platoon Lieutenant, I wish to hear if you have any plan for us to follow, first."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139250
139253
>>139249
"Well, maybe he has some complaint against replacement troops, command, or combat troops. He might be opposed to the war, or be offended to have to share resources with another unit. I'm not sure. We shouldn't rule out mutiny either. Somepony doesn't have to be a changeling to be a threat to Equestria... but it would be hard to tell if they were a changeling... what is your plan?"
Amber Sunset
4252e7d
?
No.139251
139252
>>139248
"Here we are! How does this suit you?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139252
139254
>>139248
>>139251
There's a decent enough looking woolen coat that is a dark grey, almost black. It isn't super fancy, and looks more like a coat you'd take off per custom upon entering the indoors

"Hmmm... It may suit my purposes"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139253
139255
>>139250
"We gather our platoon in center of town as we did earlier, but this time we check each of them to see if any have been replaced by changelings. We must keep quiet on this however, to prevent information leak, and if we must we should present it as necessary medical examination. Once that is out of way, and any infiltrators dealt with justly and appropriately, we will assign squad to fix telegraph line while you, I, and another squad go to confront Captain to discover whether or not he truly is changeling. Even if he is not, changeling or not, his behavior has been inexcusable and must be addressed. Rest of our platoon should be ordered to stay on guard, in case something were to go wrong."
Amber Sunset
4252e7d
?
No.139254
139255
>>139252
"That makes me happy to hear that!"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139255
139256 139258 139260
>>139253
"Changelings... when they are found... They don't like to be found. Not at all. We should be worried about what they will do when they are caught. And if he, or somepony else here is something like a pacifist anarchist... those are more common in the West than you may think, well... who is in on the plot?"

>>139254
She nods, but is mostly quiet, pulling out the jacket, and trying it on. She comes back, and pays in paper bits that Amber can see is a new currency.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139256
139257 139258
>>139255
"They will lash out, and attack. As I said, we must keep quiet, at least until we have confirmed our platoon as being changeling free. If there are rebel Anarchists, we will deal with them justly yet firmly. We are not cruel, but we must not let rebels undermine Equestria in her time of greatest need."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139257
139261
>>139256
He nods
"If they are replaced, then where are the ponies?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139258
139259
>>139255
>>139256
"Currently, only us five are privvy to any of this information. Assuming corporal has not been eavesdropping."

He looks to the door he closed, and opens it with his magic to make sure.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139259
139261
>>139258
Silver can see the corporal is near. He is not listening.
Amber Sunset
4252e7d
?
No.139260
>>139255
Amber looks at what the paper bits say on them.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139261
139262
>>139257
>>139259
"Just one more minute, Corporal."

He closes the door again, and address his Lieutenant.

"Likely nearby. It is too difficult and dangerous for changelings to move captives far behind our lines. If any changelings are found, we capture them alive if we can and interrogate them."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139262
139263
>>139261
He nods
"Then we'll want to separate ourselves from the 332nd."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139263
139264
>>139262
"Indeed. We will also want to stay as one group as we gather our platoon together. If indeed there are changelings here, any of us would make for tempting target to try to replace."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139264
139265 139266
There's a number of patterns of intersecting lines along the back that could only be guessed to be some kind of anti-counterfeiting measure. That or they really didn't want the piece of paper to be plain. Everything is in red ink. Over these lines in the center, are two horseshoes opposed to each other, and to each side are big red "50"s. And in red text, at the top in the red band around the sides of the bill is:

"New Mareland Military Authority"

Below that:
"In
Circulation Set
In
East Equestria

Fifty Bits"

>>139263
He nods, clearly frightened but a least in control of himself
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139265
139267
>>139264
Silver smiles at Brisbuck.

"I am impressed, Lieutenant, despite being afraid you have control over yourself. That is excellent quality to have. Now, let us go gather platoon, starting with..."

Silver opens the door again, and goes out to address the corporal.

"Alright corporal, unless you are finished conversing with Lieutenant Brisbuck, we have task for you.
Amber Sunset
4252e7d
?
No.139266
139267
>>139264
It's not as pretty as the old money.
She accepts this currency, provided it's the amount listed for the coat, and wishes the mare to have a nice day and to keep warm.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139267
139268 139269
>>139266
She gives a wave, and is out the front door - but not before immediately putting on the new coat. Guy is talking to a male customer, who looks back to Amber as she passes by.

>>139265
Brisbuck gives a weak smile at Silvers words.

The corporal blinks

"... Yeah?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139268
139270 139272
>>139267
"Go tell rest of platoon to meet in center of town, like we did before."
Amber Sunset
4252e7d
?
No.139269
139273
>>139267
She goes to meet the new customer. "Hello, can I help you with anything?" she asks cheerily.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139270
139271
>>139268
He nods, and is on his way. Presumably, Silver orders the same to his Platoon Guide, Sargent Amber Grain, who goes to assemble the platoon.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139271
>>139270
That he does. He also turns to the remaining three ponies.

"Let us go find our medical officer, and convince him to help us with this 'surprise medical examination'."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139272
139274
>>139268
He nods

Soon enough, they come across Firm Heart, who is pulled off to the side
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139273
139277
>>139269
"Uh... I think this sir is helping me" He answers
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139274
139275 139276
>>139272
Naturally this first thing Silver does is check that Firm Heart isn't a changeling, before swearing him to secrecy, filling him in on the current situation, and letting him in on the plan to check the entire platoon for changelings under the guise of a routine surprise medical examination.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139275
139278
>>139274
Firm Heart seems more than a little unsettled about the situation.

"Uh... Okay. You may want to figure out where to do this for the best privacy, and also, be prepared if we actually do find something."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139276
139278
>>139274
"We're also going to need a story for what we are examining for" he adds
Amber Sunset
c9e9ca5
?
No.139277
139279
>>139273
"Understandable, best of luck!"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139278
139279
>>139275
>>139276
"Hmm. Perhaps Town Hall, if we can figure out way to keep 332nd away. We will also have ponies watching to make sure nothing happens if changeling is found. As for what story to use...would it be too obvious to use eye examination? Perhaps for cataracts, near-sightedness, and just general poor vision. Soldiers need to be able to see what they are shooting at, after all."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139279
139280 139281
>>139278
"Town Hall seems pretty well occupied by the 332nd. Maybe, but it'll be hard to keep them away. As for cataracts and long term problems... They'll just ask why that wasn't checked for at training."

>>139277
Some time passes, leaving Amber alone with Guy again.
Amber Sunset
c9e9ca5
?
No.139280
140015
>>139279
Amber does not strike up a conversation with Guy unless if he talks first.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139281
139282
>>139279
Silver rubs his temples in thought and frustration.

"Lying convincingly has never been my specialty. Maybe Equestria was too concerned with making sure we had enough units, so they skipped processes they normally would have done earlier."

He puts some more thought into where they should perform their examination.

"Hmm...think one of these abandoned houses would do trick?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139282
139283
>>139281
"Doable, yes. We'd need everypony, or almost everypony, outside while they enter a group at a time."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139283
139284
>>139282
"Alright then. How quickly do you think you could get prepared?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139284
139285
>>139283
"We just need a house and we need everypony assembled" he answers
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139285
139286
>>139284
Silver nods, and looks to Saltlick and the machine gunner.

"Go find empty house quickly and assist Firm Heart in his preparations. Lieutenant Brisbuck and I will go see how Sargent Amber Grain and corporal are handling assembling platoon."

He pauses for a moment, before dismissing the group.

"Before we dismiss, there is one issue we should address. We should come up with code phrase to speak, so we can know we are not changelings without having to shine lights in each other's eyes."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139286
139287
>>139285
"Uh, sure? Any suggestions?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139287
139288
>>139286
Silver scratches his chin some more, before he comes up with something he's certain nopony or 'ling in their right mind would ever think to say:

"Klutzy...draconequus."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139288
139289
>>139287
"Uh... What's a draconequis?" He asks
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139289
139290
>>139288
"It is kind of creature Discord is."

He looks around at the group.

"...how do none of you know that? Have you never read any stories about him?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139290
139291
>>139289
"Oh... So that's what those are called."

The machine gunner adds
"Well, you're sure right about one thing. No changeling would ever think to say that."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139291
139292
>>139290
"Let us hope so. Now, you all know your jobs. Let us get this done! Dismissed!"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139292
139293
>>139291
They nod, and leave

Outside, the platoon stands at attention on the road.

Brisbuck stands besides Silver, as does Firm Heart, and Amber Grain is in front of Silver. Behind him, Saltlick is absent (as ordered) and Hazelred stands at attention. Behind him, A company, including the corporal, are at attention. Behind them is B squad, which includes private Frostbark (this time), but not the squad machine gunner (as ordered). C squad, notably, has two ponies missing - scout riflestallions assigned to the machinegun secton. They were a "buddy pair" together, so both ponies assigned to keep track of the other are missing.

More unsettling, is the absence of the entire machine gun attachment to the squad.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139293
139294
>>139292
Silver looks bewildered as to the disappearence of the entire machine gun section. He calls out to the congregation.

"I am count lot of missing soldiers. While some have been excused by me personally, two scouts from C squad and our machine gun section are missing. Anypony care to fill in details?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139294
139295
>>139293
The Sargent who leads C section volunteers the following

"Sir, the platoon has been heavily dispersed since we ended lunch. Troopers have walked around and explored. They must be somewhere around town."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139295
139296
>>139294
"I am afraid this meeting is manditory for all soldiers. Sargent, take two soldiers and bring them back ASAP. As for your own missing scouts, it might be beneficial to check their room incase they returned there after lunch."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139296
139297
>>139295
He nods, and goes off
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139297
139298
>>139296
"As for rest of you, I am afraid you will have to find way of entertaining yourselves here until your compatriots return. Nopony is allowed to wander off until we have finished here."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139298
139299
>>139297
The soldiers begin the time honored tradition of standing still while memorizing the number of bricks on the street-face of the courthouse, and counting the number of birds to fly by in a given minute.

C squad sargent comes back denying that the missing scouts are inside the hotel.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139299
139300
>>139298
"It was worth shot. We do not have forever, but please keep looking, Sargent."

Silver looks at the rest of the soldiers.

"I did not meant you could not converse in meantime. Just do not leave area and make us look for you."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139300
139301
>>139299
One brave soldier sits, and soon, another follows, then another, until half of the platoon is sitting. They start talking.

The Sargent comes back with what seems to be the entire machine gun attachment.

"They took up occupancy of a house just across the river, and did not hear the call to line up." The sergeant answers
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139301
139302
>>139300
"They are excused then. Though it makes me wonder if I should reverse my decision regarding B Squad..."

He regains focus, and looks at the Sargent.

"Still no sign of your missing scouts?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139302
139303
>>139301
With added time, the two scouts come into view. They are followed by three members of the 332nd with their carbines out. The two parties are in dispute:

A brown stallion of the 332nd claims:
"We found these two near he outside of town looking through house of an evacuee. They had broken a window and kicked in the door when we came by and noticed the disturbance."

A dark purple scout responds:
"We were just looking around. We saw a house where the window was busted and the door was kicked in so we stopped by to take a look. Then these ponies came by. We didn't take anything!"

The brown pony responds:
"Perhaps only because we stopped you."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139303
139304 139305
>>139302
Silver just lets out a sigh of relief. He also makes a mental note about that house.

"Thank you for returning our missing soldiers to us. They have been keeping us waiting for some time. We will deal with this disturbance in due time, I assure you."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139304
139305 139306
>>139303
The brown stallion - he looks to be a corporal by his insignia, does not back away, but moves forward.

"You should keep your soldiers on a shorter leash. They are burglarizing the houses of evacuees. If they had done in this in foreign lands it would be unacceptable. But this is the homeland. This is unacceptable! Make an example of it now before all these new greens, rejects from the first round of the draft, sack our own cities in the future."

He holds the carbine out in front of himself, wings spread in evident excitement.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139305
139306
>>139304
>>139303
The two scouts weren't asked to give a response, but they give one anyways:

"It was like that when we found it! Honest!"
And
"You can search us, we don't have anything."
And then
"Uh, yeah! Search him!"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139306
139307
>>139304
>>139305
Silver's expression quickly fades from his relieved smile to an annoyed frown, and his face becomes quite firm after both groups speak. He trots forward slowly towards both the scouts and the group from the 332nd...but seems to be focusing mostly on the brown stallion.

"Corporal Asswipe, what is name and rank of Supreme Arbiter of Justice in this platoon?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139307
139308
>>139306
This definitely gets him to step back, and pull the carbine closer to himself. But he does not crumble

"I do not know your unit, but Captain Forrester is the highest ranking Stallion here."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139308
139309
>>139307
Silver does not back down, and makes a loud buzzer noise in response.

"EEEEENNNNNHHHH!!! Wrong answer, Corporal Skidmark! 'Platoon Sargent Silver Sword' was your correct answer, do you want to see what you could have won?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139309
139310 139311
feels kind of bad for not having another segment for Amber

>>139308
Evidently not.

He backs away, at first in a single step, but then several steps, though always facing Silver. The other two soldiers, who never moved as far forward as the brown stallion, move back when the brown stallion comes closer to them. Quickly enough, they move off and away.
Amber Sunset
c9e9ca5
?
No.139310
>>139309
Don't feel bad, it's a busy day for me and I'm about to head out anyway
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139311
139312
>>139309
Silver shouts after them as they hurriedly leave.

"NEVER SPEAK TO YOUR SUPERIOR THAT WAY AGAIN, OR YOUR ASS WILL BE GRASS, YOU HEAR ME!"

With a heavy snort of air from his flared nostrils, Silver calms himself down, and addresses the two scouts. His voice has a measure of concern for his soldiers.

"You two alright?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139312
139313
>>139311
The group from the 332nd turns around and leaves more quickly.

The two scouts are also slightly cowering, with their ears down.
"Uh... Yes?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139313
139314
>>139312
He smiles at the pair, and offers them a hoof to help pull them up from their slightly cowed position.

"Good. Not going to let some Corporal Shitstain from another platoon bully my troops, tell me how to run my own damned platoon, and demand I discipline my own soldiers."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139314
139315
>>139313
The deep purple stallion smiles, though kind of awkwardly, and extends his hoof to be pulled up, which he presumably is. The other stallion, an aquamarine colored stallion, also rises. both lift their ears.

"Thank you, Sargent"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139315
139316
>>139314
"So, see anything interesting before you were chased off by Three Stooges over there?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139316
139317
>>139315
"Well... the house had been broken into. A window was broken, a door was broken. Some furniture was turned over, I think. Bedsheets were pulled down. There weren't drawers turned over or anything though, like the house was searched. I don't know if anything was stolen."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139317
139318
>>139316
He nods, and turns to go back to being in front of the platoon. Before he does so, he briefly pauses to turn his head back to the scouts.

"And there is no need to thank me. It is part of my job to protect you from dungheaps like that thinking they can bully you into submission. You are my soldiers, not theirs."

He turns to look at the platoon.

"And that goes for rest of you. If anypony tries that shit on you, even if it is Captain Forrester himself, you come to me. I will sort it out."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139318
139319
>>139317
Some take it stoically, while a few soldiers seem pleased to hear this.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139319
139320
>>139318
Silver steps to be in front of the Platoon.

"Alright now, I believe that is everypony accounted for? Those few still missing have already been excused by me. If you all would line up once more, we can begin."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139320
139321
>>139319
The ponies line up, of course missing the aforementioned ponies excused by Silver. They stand up at attention.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139321
139322 139323 139325
>>139320
"Now, I know you are all eager to continue your well deserved rest, but there are still couple of things to get through first. Now, first, due to speed with which Equestria performed most recent draft and recruitment, many of you have skipped steps in recruitment process you would not have had skipped otherwise. This is natural, Equestria is in its greatest need it has been in for over millenia, and you have all risen to occasion. Among these steps I have learned some of you skipped is eye examination, so to ensure I know you can actually see what you are shooting at, Firm Heart here will be performing quick, routine eye examinations on each of you. So long as he has your full cooperation, this should not take very long. Once it is complete, I have important tasks for all squads."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139322
139323 139324
>>139321
Within the ranks, some are confused by the idea that something as essential as an eye examination has been skipped, while a few chalk it up to the incompetency of Equestrian High Command. They talk amongst themselves
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139323
139325
>>139321
>>139322
Firm Heart is not quite done with the platoon. He addresses them all:

"Unfortunately, it isn't only lazy eye and deteriorated vision we need to be worried about. Unfortunately a particular variety of parasitic worm has been more prevalent this season than most here in the Equestrian West. You see, there is a variety of roundworm that is spread by flies and bad water that crawls around under the skin. The easiest way to identify it is when it moves around the eyes, which it loves to do. The worm is mostly harmless but, well, with your eyes essential to the defense of Equestria, Command isn't taking any chances. So they've ordered screening for the worms, and any permanent damage caused by them as well."

This explanation doesn't seem to comfort them much more.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139324
139325
>>139322
Silver speaks up over the congregation, holding up his hooves to quiet the ponies down.

"I know, I know, it is odd. But if we get through this quickly, it will be last we have to worry about it until after we win this War. Now, if I may direct your attention to Firm Heart, he will show you where to go for examination."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139325
139326
Should probably strike >>139323 since it seems to contradict >>139321

>>139324
Firm Hear comes closer to Silver, and whispers:

"Sargent, you can't just 'examine' ponies to see if they are changelings. You have to make sure they won't kill you when you find them."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139326
139327
>>139325
He whispers back, hopefully briefly enough that it doesn't worry the soldiers.

"Saltlick and that machinegunner from Squad B will be your assistants, so they will always be there with you and patients. We will also make such patients are disarmed before going in."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139327
139328
>>139326
He nods
"Alright..."

Then he speaks to the ponies in the platoon
"Each, one at a time."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139328
139329
>>139327
Silver allows Firm Heart to take command of actually leading the troops, and motions for the Lieutenant and Amber Grain to help him keep the soldiers in check.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139329
139330
>>139328
Presumably, the ponies are taken to a ranch house somewhere, and kept outside while the examinations take place in a bedroom.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139330
139333
>>139329
Silver, Brisbuck, and Amber Grain make sure to disarm each pony before they enter, under the reasoning of not wanting an accidental discharge to hit the platoon's medic, and give their weapons back once they leave. Only Saltlick and the machinegunner still have their weapons inside, though they should probably keep them out of sight until it's necessary.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139333
139334
>>139330
The ponies are kept in line outside of the house, taken into a living room where their weapons and non-essential packs are removed, and then they are taken to a bedroom where the door is closed.

It's actually not very long into the process at all that there is a "thonk," loud cursing, a smash, and a crash from inside the room.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139334
139335
>>139333
Silver barges inside to see what is going on, leaving Brisbuck and Amber Grain to keep control of the ponies in line.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139335
139336
>>139334
Standing over the edge of the bed and aiming his rifle - with full bayonet - downwards is Saltlick. Firmheart lies on his back on the floor grabbing at his shoulders and making strange breathing noises. A dresser looks pushed out of the way, and there is a lampshade and a broken lamp next to him. The machinegun colt stands over part of the floor next to the bed. Silver has to move over to see what is obscured by the edge of the bed and both Saltlick and the Machinegunner. It's what Silver could have expected: a black, almost beetlelike thing with insectoid eyes, black chitinous skin, and holes in its limbs, all together in an equiform body. It bleeds out from part of its uniform a blue, slightly green tinted substance that must be an alien blood. Silver can see this blood on the floor and on the edge of the bayonet, and the dropped machine gun not far off. The creature tries to rise and fight its captors as the machine gunner tries to keep it on the floor. It hisses as the machine gunner recognizes he must keep distance from its face.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139336
139339
>>139335
Silver jumps to help the machinegunner keep the changeling down.

"What did he do to Firm Heart!?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139339
139340
>>139336
Saltlick answers
"Stay away from its face. That's how it got Firm Heart. Firm Heart saw it was the creature. You could see it in how he stopped; looked afraid. The thing knew it. It lunged forward, opened its mouth, and used its magic. I think it bit him too. With its teeth."

When Silver has part of his body on the changeling, the black colt pulls back, awkwardly past Silver, jumps back to stand up, pick up his automatic rifle, and then smashes the butt of the automatic rifle against the creature. But the automatic rifle is an inferior club, being too heavy, too unwieldy. The black colt looses control of the weapon as it smashes into the muzzle of the creature, and falls back, with the gun resting ontop of the creature's face until he can pull it up and off.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139340
139341
>>139339
"Let me have your rifle, Saltlick, I will knock it out. Take care of Firm Heart!"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139341
139342
>>139340
Looks like the black colt may have beaten Silver to it. It bleeds from its mouth, and one of its fangs hangs lose. It gurgles as it attempts a hiss. Nevertheless, Saltlick gives his rifle to Silver, while he backs up, and attempts to walk to Firm Heart.
9226999
?
No.139342
139343
[1d20+5 = 14]
>>139341
Silver grabs Saltlick's rifle with his magic, and bashes the rifle's butt against the changeling's head once more for good measure.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139343
139344
>>139342
Silver hits it in the head, and it quickly stops moving, though it continues bleeding.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139344
139345
>>139343
A heavily panting Silver gets off of the changeling imposter and looks over at the black colt.

"Help me drag this somewhere out of sight."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139345
139346
>>139344
"Where? Like a closet?"

It's a small bedroom. There is a window in the room (that can be covered with a curtain), but few other ways to look inside. There is a bed, a dresser, and a table on the other end, as well as a closet.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139346
139347
>>139345
"That is good idea. We should also tie it up and gag it."

Silver bends down to look at the name and rank on the uniform.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139347
139348
>>139346
Silver can look at it, but the black colt answers for Silver once he notices his intentions.

"Hazelred. Technical Private Hazelred."

The black colt helps shove a sock in its mouth - which may have been necessary just to keep it from choking on its own blood - and ties the creature.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139348
139349
>>139347
"Селестия, черт возьми. We will find you, Hazelred. I promise."

Once that's finished, he and the black colt drag the changeling into the closet, close it, and then Silver goes to check on Firm Heart.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139349
139350
>>139348
Firm Heart is conscious, but breathing heavy. His lips are shrunken, almost like he's dehydrated. He is bleeding from the shoulder, although the wound is not very deep.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139350
139351
>>139349
"He is changeling bitten alright, in both senses of word. Ugh...this was stupid plan on my part. Never should have put him in such danger."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139351
139354
>>139350
The black colt:

"Will he be alright?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139354
139355
>>139351
"Yes, he will. Water and something sweet to eat will help, but to fully recover either he needs rest, or if we are lucky this fake Hazelred will have some changeling honey. Stay here with Firm Heart, I am going to go back out and check his bags."

Silver leaves the bedroom and closes the door behind him. He looks around for where they set Hazelred's bags.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139355
139356
>>139354
He nods, and the door is closed behind him. The bags lie between the entrance of the house, and a sofa, on the floor
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139356
139357
>>139355
Silver looks through Hazelred's bags for either a vial of changeling honey, or some kind of container the changeling might have been using to disguise the substance.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139357
139358
>>139356
No honey, nothing out of the ordinary. Only a few salt crackers, a canteen, a pair of Automatic Rifle magazines, ten ammo clips, and the platoon's lone radio set and an extra battery for it.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139358
139359
>>139357
Silver mutters a curse under his breath, though now he knows why they targetted Hazelred. He finds Brisbuck, and whispers to him.

"Technical Private Hazelred. Firm Heart got bit."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139359
139360
>>139358
There is no stopping his ears from falling down, nor his hair from standing up.

"That's our only radio operator. And one of the very first soldiers to be examined."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139360
139361
>>139359
"Explains why he was targetted. We will find him, but I just need you to keep soldiers calm and orderly while we sort things out in examination room."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139361
139363
>>139360
He nods

"... Who else has been replaced?"
But he says this more to himself than to Silver
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139363
139364
>>139361
Silver pats the younger pony's shoulder.

"Do not worry about that right now. Focus on getting us through this."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139364
139365
>>139363
He nods
"Very well. For now, I am keeping them all in our sights."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139365
139366
>>139364
Silver nods back, and returns to the bedroom.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139366
139369
>>139365
It is so. The black colt is placing the imposter in the closet, while Saltlick has moved Firm Heart to the side of the bed
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139369
139370
>>139366
"No dice on honey. Has Firm Heart responded yet?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139370
139371
>>139369
"Uh, sort of. He seems to speak, though it's less clear how much awareness he has."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139371
139372
>>139370
Is there a window in the bedroom, one a pony could fit through?
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139372
139373
>>139371
Yes. Awkwardly, but yes.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139373
139374
>>139372
"Hmm...anypony have ideas on how to get Firm Heart out of here? He is in no shape to continue this, and I do not think I would put him through this again either way. I will continue examinations."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139374
139375
>>139373
The black colt nods

Saltlick:
"Keep ponies away from the living room and hallways, we can take him to the bathroom"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139375
139376
>>139374
Silver nods, leaves the bedroom, and informs Brisbuck and Amber Grain on what to do.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139376
139377
>>139375
They are notified Though I am not clear on what exactly it is they are ordered to do
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139377
139378
>>139376
Direct the soldiers to temporarily keep out of the living room and hallways so Firm Heart can be put in the bathroom.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139378
139381
>>139377
This is done, with the house cleared, and Firm Heart moved to the bathroom, placed down in the bathtub
Amber Sunset
c9e9ca5
?
No.139379
139380
Waves
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139380
1568687357340.gif
>>139379
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139381
139382
>>139378
Once he's safe in the bathroom, they reorganize the line of soldiers, and Silver enters the bedroom with Saltlick and the black colt.

"Alright, this should not be too hard...I hope. You two saw what Firm Heart did, think you can guide me through process?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139382
139384
>>139381
"Uh... The light is shined above, or maybe it was into the eyes.... I don't know the rest." Is as much as Saltlick can answer.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139384
139385
>>139382
"Ah, so it is just as I already knew. Good! Now, if I act as if something is off, like Firm Heart did, please interfere. While I think I can take more than he can, I would like to avoid getting changeling bitten if I can."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139385
139386
>>139384
"Well, I don't know that he wasn't going to do more... but the creature attacked him."

Then they answer Silver
"Okay."

And Silver presumably starts again

[1d4 = 2]
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139386
139387
>>139385
You would presume correctly.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139387
139388
>>139386
The soldiers come in one by one. Some times they are silent, sometimes they ask questions.
"Okay, so what is this for?"
"So what do I do?"
"Is that it?"
One small snow white stallion even asks
"Are you looking for a Changeling?"

Silver doesn't detect any changelings in the first big batch. At least, he hasn't identified any, and none have revealed themselves.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139388
139389
>>139387
Silver does his best to answer their questions. As for the snow white stallion, the best he can do is to smile awkwardly and tell him the following:

"Everything will be explained once we have finished. Do not say anything to others to give them false impression of what is going on before then."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139389
139390
>>139388
Silver does not find any Changelings. Well... if there is a white spot in the pupil, that's something like a cataract, or other natural thing, right? They aren't Changelings? Are they?

Amber Grain intrudes inside the room

"Sir. One of the members of the Machine Gun Attachment has vanished."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139390
139391
>>139389
Silver pales slightly at the news.

"Anypony else?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139391
139392
>>139390
"Everypony else is accounted for. Except of course, Technical Private Hazelred." He answers, not happy with this predicament.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139392
139393
>>139391
"We need to hurry and finish. We do not have much time before changelings decide to do something. Keep close eye on our soldiers."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139393
139394
>>139392
Silver finishes the set. Silver didn't detect any Changelings, assuming he knows exactly what a Changeling looks like. Brisbuck has the whole set at attention outside.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139394
139395
>>139393
He sighs, puts on the bravest face he can, and addresses the platoon.

"Soldiers, I am afraid I owe you explanation, and grave news to go along with it. Changelings have infiltrated Vale, and 332nd. What you just went through was test to sus out any disguised changelings. Those of you gathered here have passed. Technical Private Hazelred, as well as one member from our machinegun attachment who has already fled, have unfortunately been replaced. If we are to get through this alive and find our missing compatriots, I must have your complete cooperation and attention."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139395
139396
>>139394
Some, perhaps even most, take the announcement stoically and accepting the situation. Some seem excited for potential combat, grabbing their rifles. And some are genuinely terrified. Silver can't see them shake from where he stands, but he can see ears drooping and hear gasps.

They all listen to him.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139396
139397
>>139395
"There is not much time, but we will get through this. Vale can not fall into Changeling hooves. Now, first I will expect you all to remain in your squads until this has been settled. Second, do not let your squadmates leave your sights. Third, we will use code phrase to distinguish ourselves from any changeling infiltrators. It will be in two parts, phrase and counterphrase. For phrase, you tell your fellow platoon member 'klutsy', and for counterphrase, they will reply 'draconequus'. Memorize this. Only use it when necessary to avoid changelings picking it up and using it to trick us. If other pony fails to use counterphrase, assume they are disguised changeling. Finally, I want all of you to ready yourselves and perform these tasks I am going to give you to their letter. C Squad and our machinegun attachment are going to be watching and guarding town hall, where much of 332nd has been occupying. A Squad, you will take equipment to fix telegraph line on top of feed store, then you will join C Squad and machinegunners. B Squad, you, myself, Liuetenant Brisbuck, and Sargent Amber Grain will go into town hall and confront Captain Forrester. Understood, Soldiers?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139397
139398
>>139396
"Sir, yes sir!"

While Brisbuck is content to more or less go along with this, he still feels the need to override Silver on one thing

"But first, we have a wagon filled with a belt-fed machine gun, two automatic rifles, a 2-inch mortar, and two dozen rifle grenades near the hotel that we are not leaving unattended."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139398
139399
>>139397
He nods, grateful for the reminder.

"Of course. Machinegunners, go and fetch that wagon and bring it along with you to C Squad. Unless Lieutenant Brisbuck or Sargent Amber Grain have anything they would like to add, I believe you are all dismissed. You know what to do."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139399
139400
>>139398
So it begins. Now the question becomes where to set up around Town Hall, where to confront Forrester... and to wait for the pieces to fall in place
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139400
139401
>>139399
Silver instructs them to set up outside the front of town hall, and for them to try to keep themselves in inconspiculous locations such as alleys and side streets, and for sharpshooters and scouts to get onto as high a ground as they can, such as on the rooftops.

As for Captain Forrester, Silver hopes he can draw him out into the open, where they stand a better chance, but failing that he might just have to face him in the town hall.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139401
139402
>>139400
A squad goes off for the telegraph line along with Salt Litck, while C and B squad go to pull the contents of the wagon. At least it's still there so far, but the platoon is getting looks from members of the 332nd already.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139402
139403
>>139401
"They know we know," Silver utters under his breath, as he helps his troops move the wagon and get set up outside town hall.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139403
139404
>>139402
A question from Brisbuck
"Do we need to hide the machine guns?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139404
139405
>>139403
"If we have small tarps or something similar to that we can use, it is good idea."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139405
139406
>>139404
“We have buildings and cover.” He answers
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139406
139407
>>139405
"That would work as well."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139407
139408
>>139406
He nods, and goes off, leaving Silver to himself. A section from C squad goes over to the sheriff's office, while another goes to the adjacent Courthouse, along with the one machine gun team. Already, a pony or so from the 332nd questions the deployment, but a squad sargent claims this is standard garrisoning of the town until further instructions are received. Getting behind the Townhall seems to require more ponies, and Brisbuck seems to want to wait for the completion of the task of A Squad.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139408
139409
>>139407
Silver follows this instruction from Brisbuck. Not only does he think it's a wise decision, but he wants the colt to get some experience commanding the platoon.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139409
139410
>>139408
The sun is low on the horizon. It will set soon.

A squad arrives, and seems to move in to a house just behind the town hall.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139410
139411
>>139409
Silver turns to Brisbuck once it seems like A Squad has set up.

"We set, Lieutenant?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139411
139412
>>139410
He nods

“There are likely to be more of them elsewhere in town as well.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139412
139413
>>139411
"Of course, but let us focus on task at hoof first. If you are ready, let us take B squad inside."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139413
139414
>>139412
B Squad is composed of its sergeant, a peach unicorn named Hartley armed with a submachine gun, along with the black colt who is the squad machine gunner, a smaller purple unicorn who is the assistant machine gunner, and three other ponies who act as scouts or riflestallions. Besides these is the rifle section, including a corporal and private Frostbark, who total six stallions with rifles. Twelve ponies, one light machine gun, one submachine gun, and ten rifles, of which two are grenade capable and one possesses a scope.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139414
139415
>>139413
Silver addresses the squad before they proceed.

"Alright Soldiers, this is it. Remain calm and cool, follow our lead, and we will come out of this alright. Ready?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139415
139416
>>139414
Entering through the front door, no pony yet. Parts of the squad come inside.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139416
139417
>>139415
Silver calls out into the building.

"Captain Forrester?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139417
139418
>>139416
No reply back
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139418
139419
>>139417
"I do not like this. Be on your guard."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139419
139420 139421
>>139418
The sargent nods.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139420
>>139419
Silver advances slowly, along with his squad.

"Captain Forrester? We need to talk, there is something gone wrong in Vale."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139421
139422
>>139419
There are many parts of the Town hall building, including a pair of offices off to the left, a kitchen, bathroom facilities, a big room with tile floor that seems to be used for food... But it's the main hall, and the stage behind it, which takes up half of the building. That, presumably, is where Silver and company go.

The room is darker than when Silver first entered there a couple hours before with the setting of the sun, and Silver ca see that objects are moved somewhat on the stage. Or, more likely, Silver takes notice of things on the stage he had not before: a few cardboard boxes, and a table. At the table sits Captain Forrester, hat removed. The greyish white stallion sits upright, leaning over a set of papers, looking down at them, and holding a pen through magic embrace. Standing, reservedly, to either side, are two guards, all with weapons, though none brandishing them threateningly. Two carry carbines, and two carry submachine guns. One of the submachine guns is a Changeling model and issue.

Behind Silver and the group, on the opposite side of the hall, at the very end of a row of seats, are a group of soliders reclining in their seats, the exact numbers hopefully being counted by the corporal, but hard for Silver to discern at the time. They sit down and don't carry their weapons, but Silver can see rifles - full sized rifles, not carbines - to their sides.

Forrester looks up with yellow-green eyes:

"Yes, Sargent Sword? Given that your platoon is still here at dusk, I would have to assume something is wrong, to disrupt your march to the frontline."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139422
139423
>>139421
Silver maintains a firm, unshaken tone in his voice, though even he recognizes that they are currently surrounded.

"Indeed Sir. We have located source of telegraph line problem. It is clearly work of saboteur."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139423
139424
>>139422
"Really?" He asks, his tone kind of hard to place
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139424
139493
>>139423
"Indeed, we think it is work of anarchist rebels, or changeling saboteurs. Either way, it is clearly deliberate attempt to cut communication of our Frontline forces in area from Command in Wald, and as such we are to remain here to garrison and guard Vale from any future attempts."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139493
139494
>>139424
He raises an eyebrow
"Is that what you were told to do when you left Wald? Garrison a location until further notice when a line is cut?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139494
139495
>>139493
"No, that is what we were told to do by Command when we fixed telegraph line just now. Vale is too important to let rebels or Changelings get hold of, so our platoon is to garrison Vale. This brings me to second item: Command was most concerned with your lackadaisical methods of protecting Vale. You missed several important telegraphs while line was out, you did not send out repair teams to locate source of outage and fix it despite having more than enough supplies, and Vale is improperly garrisoned for being such important location. They have decided to transfer command of Vale Garrison to our own Lieutenant Brisbuck."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139495
139496
>>139494
"Heh, all orders from Brigadier General and up must be written on signed orders." He is smiling, though there is something unusual in it

"Are you who you claim you are?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cc8d57a
?
No.139496
139497
>>139495
Silver maintains his stoic expression, and appears unfazed by the Captain's accusation.

"You will have to bring this up with Command yourself when you go to receive your new orders, but for now you have been ordered to turn over all documents and orders related to defense of Vale to Lieutenant Brisbuck and to cede Town Hall to him and our Command Squad."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139497
139498
>>139496
"I repeat" he now says more angrily and forcefully
"All orders issued from the Brigadier General and up must be in writing and signed"

The ponies at the far end have taken notice, and stand up
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cc8d57a
?
No.139498
139499
>>139497
The unicorn does not give ground.

"Sir, I must request you calm yourself. These are not my orders I am giving you."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139499
139500
>>139498
"Where are your papers, Changeling"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cc8d57a
?
No.139500
139501
>>139499
"Actually, that brings me to final item. Due to threat that this sabotage was performed by Changeling Infiltrators, and that they may have replaced members of our platoons, Command has ordered both of our platoons to perform mandatory testing to determine if any changelings exist."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139501
139502
>>139500
"Testing? To be performed by whom?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cc8d57a
?
No.139502
139503
>>139501
"Our medical officer, Firm Heart, is most qualified to do so, however it is likely any member of our platoon would be suitable candidate as it is unlikely there are many if any at all who are Infiltrators. Command mentioned that it would be preferable that it was not performed by any members of 332nd, however, as you have been here longer and there is greater chance of Infiltrators among your ranks."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139503
139509
>>139502
"How was this sent? By telegram?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139509
139514
>>139503
"As I said, it was sent through telegraph from Wald. This testing is non-negotiable, Sir, and we are under strict orders to place any who decline under arrest."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139514
139515
>>139509
"Hmph! Then let's go see this alleged telegraph. These sorts of things leave paper trails, and I'm sure the ponies at the office will be willing to help. As for any 'testing,' we have a couple medical personnel of our own who are trained to help."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139515
139516
>>139514
"Indeed. If you would all head for telegraph office, we will go."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139516
139518
>>139515
He nods. Slowly.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139518
139519
>>139516
Silver motions for his squad to back out and step aside to allow for the Captain and his soldiers to exit the building.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139519
139520
>>139518
The captain stands up, staring back at Silver and Brisbuck to Silver's side

"Stallions! Up!" Forrester calls out to the ponies at the back, who pick up their rifles and stand up. Two of the ponies in Forrester's guard detail move forward, going to the door and through it. The other two ponies move around to Forrester's side.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139520
139521
>>139519
Silver waits for Captain Forrester himself to leave before he follows. He makes sure he has his flashlight at the ready, and keeps it out of sight.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139521
139522
>>139520
The two guards who move through yell "clear," and Forrester moves across the stage, onto a set of stairs at the far left end that takes him down to ground level. His other two guards follow quickly behind. Forrester slowly exists the building, before saying "follow them" to the troops in the back.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139522
139523
>>139521
Silver follows Forrester with the rest of his squad in tow. He waits until the Captain and his men are in the area in front of the town hall before he tries to get his attention.

"Captain Forrester?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139523
139524
>>139522
Captain Forrester turns around to Silver, without word, but still making eye contact to him
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139524
139525
>>139523
The unicorn quickly brings out his flashlight, and flashes it in the Captain's eyes.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139525
139527
>>139524
Forrester is at a distance, and reflexively closes his eyes. His eyes look sort of like a dog's eyes in the night, or that of a cat, glowing back.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139527
139528
>>139525
Silver's eyes widen as he quickly calls out to the gathered ponies.

"Forrester's a changeling!"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139528
139529
>>139527
Ponies hold up their weapons from every corner.

Forrester yells back, and looks again at Silver Sword

"I am nothing of the sort, you imposter!"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139529
139530
>>139528
"You can not fool us! You and your ilk sabotaged line to Wald to cut off Frontline forces from Command! You had our radio operator Technical Sargent Hazelred replaced!"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139530
139532
>>139529
"You are yourself replaced!" He yells out

Silver is present himself with Salt lick and Amber Grain, as well as the 12 members of B Squad. Across the Street, at the Misfortune County Court House and the roof of the Sheriff's Office, Silver knows there are two machine guns and rifleponies. Inside the Town Hall and exiting are eight ponies of the 332nd. With Forrester are still his four guards, two armed with submachine guns.

Forrester draws his pistol.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139532
139533
>>139530
Silver draws his rifle and levels it at Forrester.

"Surrender Changeling! Our entire platoon has been tested, there are no more of your Infiltrators among us, you can not fool us!"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139533
139534
>>139532
Forrester's small group backs away, a little down the road,

Forrester yells back,
"You are the infiltrator here!"

Now, guns are leveled
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139534
139535
>>139533
"You are surrounded! Put down your weapons and surrender, and you will be given fair treatment!"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139535
139536
>>139534
A grin comes across his face

"That, I know is not true"

From down the valley, a distant rumble, like thunder, comes from the dark clouds on the horizon that begin to obscure the setting sun
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139536
139537
>>139535
"Final warning! Yield!"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139537
139538
>>139536
"You think yourselves masters? Gardeners of nature? No. That would be to leave the weeds in control. And you have less control than you think."

Roll Initiative
cc8d57a
?
No.139538
139540 139541
[1d20+4 = 10]
>>139537
"ALL SQUADS, ATTACK!"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139539
139540 139541
Initiative set for all involved

Forrester:
[1d20+2 = 21]

Guards
[1d20+2 = 9]
[1d20+2 = 10]
[1d20+2 = 13]
[1d20+2 = 10]

Forrester's Troops
[1d20 = 16] [1d3 = 1]
[1d20 = 11] [1d3 = 2]
[1d20 = 6] [1d3 = 2]
[1d20 = 14] [1d3 = 2]
[1d20 = 12] [1d3 = 2]
[1d20 = 15] [1d3 = 2]
[1d20 = 3] [1d3 = 1]
[1d20 = 14] [1d3 = 2]

Saltlick
[1d20+2 = 12]

Amber Grain
[1d20+2 = 8]

Squad Sargent
[1d20+1 = 19]

Black Colt
[1d20 = 9]

B Squad Rifle ponies:
[1d20 = 2] [1d20 = 17]
[1d20 = 1] [1d20 = 8]
[1d20 = 16] [1d20 = 2]
[1d20 = 11] [1d20 = 8]
[1d20 = 13] [1d20 = 4]

C Squad
[1d20-2 = 7]
[1d20-2 = 5]
[1d20-2 = 15]
[1d20-2 = 0]
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139540
>>139539
>>139538
A cacophony of noise erupts, with Forrester the first to discharge his gun, followed by the squad sergeant, who fires his submachine gun at the guards, then ponies from Forrester's troop, who aim them at the squad members

Silver is shot at by Forrester's pistol
[1d20+4 = 19]
And a guard's carbine
[1d20+3 = 13]
Then a rifle
[1d20 = 17]
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139541
139542 139544
>>139539
B Squad exchanges with the guards
[1d20 = 20] [1d20 = 9]
[1d20 = 18] [1d20 = 20]
[1d20 = 3] [1d20 = 15]
[1d20 = 20] [1d20 = 6]

While the reserve troops of Forrester shoot back
[1d20 = 12]
[1d20 = 4]
[1d20 = 9]

And three at the squad leaders
[1d20 = 19]
[1d20 = 15]
[1d20 = 17]

>>139538
Silver is hit by Forrester's pistol
[2d6 = 10]
And a soldier's rifle
[2d8 = 4]
cc8d57a
?
No.139542
139543 139544 139545 139546
[1d20+10 = 26]
>>139541
They hit Silver good, but he's still standing. He aims his rifle at Forrester, and fires.
cc8d57a
?
No.139543
139544 139546
[2d8 = 13]
>>139542
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139544
139545
>>139541
A submachine gunner is struck repeatedly by the squad leader's bullets and is downed. The other submachine gunner, and both carbine carriers are shot in the head by great shots from the riflestallion privates of B Squad. Only a few bullets are shot at all, including one carbine shot that misses Silver

The troops inside the building shoot through the glass and out the door, missing any rifle squad members.

Unfortunately, every single leader of Silver's section is hit by these troops, including Silver himself (already calculated)

Amber Grain
[2d8 = 10]
Saltlick
[2d8 = 7]
And the submachinegun wielding squad sergeant
[2d8 = 14]

>>139543
>>139542
Silver hits Forrester forcibly in the chest, but has not downed him
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139545
>>139544
>>139542
At this point, the black colt, firing the machine gun from his shoulder in an unaimed attack, fires it inside the building at the reserve troops

A marksstallion's bullet hits one of the guards, but it's overkill

From across the street, the machine guns open up, albeit perhaps too close for comfort

>>139544
The squad sergeant is downed
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139546
139547
>>139543
>>139542
The guards fall to the ground, but as they do, green magic envelopes them, as if it burns away their coats, and leaves charred blackness behind. All four are Changelings, lying bleeding a bluish blood on the ground, and with strangely red colored blood spatters on the wall from where they've been hit in the head.

Forrester turns, and runs
cc8d57a
?
No.139547
139548 139549
[1d20+10 = 17]
>>139546
Silver aims at the retreating Forrester, and fires.
cc8d57a
?
No.139548
139549
[2d8 = 9]
>>139547
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139549
139550
>>139548
>>139547
Hit, and, Hit.

Forrester falls down. B Squad focuses on pulling away and out of the line of fire from across the street.

Far off in the distance, another "thunk," "thunk," and "thunk."

But it's what's above that gives the most cause for concern. A terrifyingly loud, almost ripping-sound comes from a room on the left side of the second floor of the town hall. Silver can see the barrel sticking out. It's a machinegun. Belt-fed. Changeling model. The angle isn't shallow enough to aim at Silver and B Squad; instead, it takes aim at C Squad and the machine gun detachment across the street.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cc8d57a
?
No.139550
139551 139552
>>139549
Silver shouts out to B Squad.

"TOWN HALL, SECOND FLOOR, LEFT SIDE! SOMEPONY GRENADE THAT GUN!"

He quickly rushes out to the downed squad sergeant.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139551
139552 139553
>>139550
Brisbuck yells

"C squad! Suppressive fire!"
And then less loudly, looking back,

"B Squad - back up, out of the line of fire! Grenadiers, upfront!"

Silver leans down to find the sergeant is down, and Amber Grain and Saltlick are badly wounded.

From inside, a trooper pops off a shot at Silver
[1d20 = 19]
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139552
139553
>>139550
>>139551
And Silver is hit, again
[2d8 = 7]
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cc8d57a
?
No.139553
139554
>>139551
>>139552
"Ngh!"

Silver is wounded again, but is determined to get these ponies to safety. He tries to drag the sergeant away and out of the line of fire.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139554
139555
>>139553
Silver is the most wounded pony on the field, bleeding out from three wounds.

The loud, ripping sound flings out mass numbers of bullets at the forces across the street, while a lower "tat-tat-tat" and an even lower "dakka dakka dakka" come from the belt fed machine gun and light machine gun of C Squad respectively. Silver can see green tracers fly, and red tracers fly back. This exchange leaves the lower level entrance of the town hall less covered, and bullets fly out of here. The unicorn uses his magic to replace the magazine of the machine gun the black colt carries, and he aims in around the inside of the hall. The cream colored pegasus hugs the wall next to the entrance, and with his wing, tosses in a grenade, while a purple unicorn follows quickly behind doing the same

[1d20 = 3]
[1d20 = 19]

Silver is able to drag the Sargent aside
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139555
139556 139557
>>139554
Once the Sargent is out of the line of fire, he looks to see how Amber Grain and Saltlick are doing.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139556
139557 139558
>>139555
These ponies are wounded, but upright.

One of the grenades tossed in through the broken window bounces against some object inside, and explodes almost in the door frame, spreading shrapnel outwards in a pattern that makes B squad fall prone.

From the upstairs window, a submachine gun is stuck out and aimed downwards. The creature, leaning its head out, fires
[1d20 = 6]
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139557
139558
>>139555
>>139556
Forrester still moves, crawling away
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139558
139559
>>139556
>>139557
"Cover me, I am going for Forrester!"

Silver runs out of cover, and makes a B-line for the disguised captain.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139559
139560 139561
>>139558
But first...

Grenadiers fire rifle grenades at the room upstairs
[1d20 = 8]
[1d20 = 20]
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139560
139561
>>139559
One goes wide, right past the room, while another goes through the window and seems to detonate on the ceiling

The black colt nevertheless fires his automatic rifle in bursts in the direction of the room

Silver runs towards the captain, who manages to turn towards him, and level his gun
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139561
139562
>>139559
>>139560
Silver maintains his current course, unfazed by the levelled pistol.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139562
139563
>>139561
And what does Silver do when he gets there?
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139563
139564 139565
>>139562
That would be hitting Forrester over the head with the butt of his rifle.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139564
139565 139566
>>139563
He fires one shot up at Silver
[1d20+3 = 12]
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139565
139566
>>139563
>>139564
Missing. Silver’s chance to attack
3d68864
?
No.139566
139567 139568
[1d20+5 = 6]
>>139564
>>139565
Silver turns his rifle around, and aims a bash right at the disguised changeling's head.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139567
139568
>>139566
Silver’s rifle misses, gets caught in the band that keeps Forrester’s pack on his shoulder, and falls the ground when Silver tries to pull it back

Forrester shoots again
[1d20+3 = 23]
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139568
139569
>>139566
>>139567
Unfortunately, this one is quite the hit

[1d20+3 = 5]
[2d6 = 7]
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139569
139570
>>139568
"Блин, больно!"

Silver picks the rifle back up.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139570
139571
>>139569
This, he does. Another attack, or attempt to kick Forrester?
3d68864
?
No.139571
139572
[1d20+5 = 11]
>>139570
Another attempt.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139572
139573
>>139571
A hit, if barely, against the prone Forrester
3d68864
?
No.139573
139574
[1d6+3 = 7]
>>139572
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139574
139575
>>139573
Forrester is knocked down, to the ground.

Silver can see his cost burn away in bright green light, revealing one of the parasitic, black pony imitators in his place.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139575
139576
>>139574
Satisfied, Silver hurriedly returns to B Squad.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139576
139577
>>139575
At B squad, Brisbuck gives a command, filling in fir the Sargent

“Machine gun! Covering fire! Rifle section, forward!”

B squad advances inside the town hall, the black colt firing from the hip
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139577
139578
>>139576
Silver salutes his Lieutenant.

"Forrester has been knocked unconscious, Sir. Your orders?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139578
139579
>>139577
“Advance!”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139579
139580
>>139578
"Sir, yes sir!"

Silver moves to join B Squad in storming the town hall.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139580
139581
>>139579
The entryway has been shot to pieces by multiple machine guns and two grenades. On the floor lay the bodies of three changeling drones, fallen in strange ways or curled up, and wearing Equestrian uniforms.

What is more disturbing is the presence of two pony bodies in Equestrian uniform, never turning into drones. One lies on his back, the other on his side, with a hoof pressing holding his chest.

There are no more gunshots from within town hall
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cc8d57a
?
No.139581
139582
>>139580
Silver stops to check on these ponies, to see their names/ranks and if they're still alive.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139582
139583
>>139581
Private Low Glow, 332nd supply company

He seems to have suffered shock and died from multiple rifle rounds - probably originating from a machine gun

Private Reed Wringer, 332nnd supply company

He seems to be gone or nearly so. He has several bullet wounds, and shrapnel as well.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cc8d57a
?
No.139583
139584
>>139582
"I am sorry, soldiers."

Silver stands up from the bodies, and calls out into town hall.

"B Squad, report!"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139584
139585
>>139583
B squad assembles before Silver, taking position and examining the surroundings
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cc8d57a
?
No.139585
139586
>>139584
"Any sign of additional changeling occupancy in town hall?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139586
139587
>>139585
"The upstairs room"
Brisbuck replies
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cc8d57a
?
No.139587
139588
>>139586
Silver nods.

"Do we have any more grenades?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139588
139589
>>139587
"Yes, plenty more."

As B Squad stands there, they can hear the words
"Don't shoot" calling from the left
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cc8d57a
?
No.139589
139590
>>139588
Silver wheels around to face the direction of the voice.

"Who is there?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139590
139592
>>139589
Silver sees, coming through the doorway, three ponies wearing Equestrian non-combatant uniforms, trying to hold hooves up. One has a carbine on his back, two are completely unarmed. Two are bleeding, one from a scratch on the face, and another more heavily from under the uniform on the chest.

"Us" A white earthpony answers
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cc8d57a
?
No.139592
139593
>>139590
Silver pulls out his flashlight, and trots slowly towards the three ponies.

"Stay right where you are, and do not move until I tell you to. I am going to check if you are changelings."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139593
139594
>>139592
They pull their hooves in the air, though the last one cowers

Yellow eyes, partly reflective
Dark red eyes, blinks
Steel Grey, seems to reflect back blue under the eye whites
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cc8d57a
?
No.139594
139595
>>139593
Silver turns off his flashlight, and nods. He tells the first one, with yellow eyes, to go join B Squad, but keeps the other two for a moment longer. He starts by talking to the red eyed one.

"I need you to keep your eyes open. It will only take second."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139595
139596
>>139594
The first one stands there, looking at Silver for a moment, and then runs off into the squad of soldiers he was shooting at not two minutes ago

The second one tries to speak back to SIlver
"Wah"
He lowers a hoof, evidently to hold onto his chest (which is bleeding), and staggers. But his eyes are open
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cc8d57a
?
No.139596
139597
>>139595
Silver quickly checks his eyes while they're open and he's still conscious.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139597
139598
>>139596
Reflection from the pupil, which narrows, but the whites and iris are unaffected
Silver "The Floof" Sword
cc8d57a
?
No.139598
139599
>>139597
"Clear."

He looks back at B Squad.

"He needs first aid, stat!"

He now looks back at the third pony, the grey eyed one, and looks seriously at him.

"I want you to be completely honest with me: are you changeling?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139599
139601
>>139598
The ear twists

"... No?"
3d68864
?
No.139601
139604
[1d20-1 = 9]
>>139599
Sense Motive: Silver looks carefully at him for any sign of him lying.

"Are you sure? If you are, and you come out voluntarily, I promise you will be treated fairly."
Amber Sunset
c9e9ca5
?
No.139602
139604
I like this combat sequence, it reminds me of Post Scriptum. Check out Vade's videos with German comms/English subtitles if you can, they are really immersive.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139604
139605
>>139601
"Uh, I'm sure"

Seems kinda sus

>>139602
Huzzah! I got one right
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139605
139606
>>139604
Silver considers it for a second, but ultimately decides to concede and accept it as an aberration in testing.

"Alright. My apologies, we are just under lot of stress right now. Go ahead and join others."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139606
139607
>>139605
He stands there for a moment, but then rushes past
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139607
139608
>>139606
Silver returns to B Squad.

"Alright, are we ready to continue?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139608
139609
>>139607
"Sir, yes sir!"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139609
139610
>>139608
Silver looks to see that the red eyed pony is getting medical aid before he does anything.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139610
139611
>>139609
The red eyed pony has to get in line, with the squad sergeant, Saltlick, and Amber Grain being injured
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139611
139612
>>139610
"Alright then. We will make our way towards upstairs room, checking rooms along way. When we get outside room, we will give them chance to surrender, and if they do not, we will toss grenade inside. Understood?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139612
139613
>>139611
"Sir, yes sir!"

B Squad advances into the dinning room - finding nothing, though some cots are on the floor. Nothing, down stairs office. Nothing in the bathrooms, or the other downstairs office.

On to upstairs. It's a narrow hallway not everypony can fit through
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139613
139614
>>139612
About how many can fit through?
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139614
139615
>>139613
One abreast
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139615
139616 139617
>>139614
Silver instructs a grenadier to go first, with Silver behind him. Once they get to the doors of the room, Silver calls out.

"Anyone alive in there?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139616
139617 139618 139619 139620
>>139615
Silver pokes his head out to see a door on the right side, a door on the left, and a couple doors in the center

Silver's question is answered with a "ching-ching-ching-ching-ching" from the right

Role for reflex
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139617
139619 139620
>>139615
>>139616
Actually,

[1d20 = 3]
[1d20 = 9]
[1d20 = 16]
[1d20 = 6]
[1d20 = 10]
3d68864
?
No.139618
139619 139620 139621
[1d20+6 = 19]
>>139616
"GRENADE!"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139619
>>139616
>>139617
>>139618
[1d20+2 = 13]
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139620
139621 139622
>>139616
>>139618
>>139617
When Silver and the grenadier get up to the second floor, they are shot at from a blind-fired submachine gun out the door from the office on the far right, and a grenade is tossed at them.

Silver evades all bullets, while the grenadier is hit with one. Silver dives into the stairwell, and is not hit from any shrapnel, while the grenadier tries to jump back into the stairway

[2d6 = 6]
[1d6 = 1]
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139621
139622
>>139618
>>139620
The grenadier, partly caught in the blast, almost lands on Silver.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139622
139623
>>139620
>>139621
Silver helps get the grenadier get to his hooves, and gets him down the stairwell. He points to the other grenadiers.

"They are not surrendering, flush them out!"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139623
139624
>>139622
One rushes past, jumping over Silver, with a rifle grenade on his gun. As he rushes into the hall, there is more blind fire. There is a "thunk" and then a loud BANG as a rifle grenade is shot and detonates at ranges too close for comfort.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139624
139625
>>139623
Silver flinches somewhat, and starts talking once the ringing starts to subside.

"Sweet Celestia, soldier, I meant throw pineapple, not rifle grenade. You okay?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139625
139626
>>139624
"What!?" He seems a little dazed, but the attack still needs pressing forward
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139626
139627
>>139625
"Just nevermind. Come on!"

Silver pushes past the soldier to get to the room with the blind firing submachine gunner.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139627
139628
>>139626
Silver presumably kicks open the door, which itself is shot through with several bullet and shrapnel holes. Silver can see this room was a large sized office, with several; photographs on the walls, a couple book shelves, and a hardwood desk.

Books from the shelves have fallen to the ground. Some a shredded. The desk is moved at an odd angle, and is torn in many areas. There is a distinct hole in the wall above the desk, with broken bits of glass, parts of a wooden picture frame and the like strewn across the floor, along with so many papers. on the left side is a window, with a torn up chair propped up next to the window, and a turned over table to its left. The window is completely shattered, there is a large hole in the cieling with insulation hanging down, as well as part of a vent, and a large, belt-fed machine gun lies across the chair, with a number of empty cases to its right. Portions of the wall are penetrated with bullets, with paint coming off, while other portions are chipped.

Hanging over the Machine gun is a dead changeling drone with a Changeling style helmet, and no uniform. He bleeds blue on the foor. Next to him is another in an Equestrian uniform who also fell on his belly, and is holding what looks like a replacement barrel. This second one is covered in white drywall, which can also be found to a degree on the first one, but this one is covered almost like he fell asleep in snow. To the left of both is a dead changeling in Equestrian uniform who lies on his back, and has more than one noticeable bullet wound. He has a Changeling style bolt-action rifle next to him. between these three and the desk is a changeling lying on his belly and bleeding on the floor. He wears no uniform, and has an ammunition belt across his back, with an Equestrian carbine rifle beside him.

But most concerning is an alleged pony - a tan unicorn - in a bloody, Equestrian uniform, wearing a helmet and lying on his back. He looks to have fallen against the desk, then fallen off of it. In front of him is a Changeling style submachine gun, which he is reaching towards.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139628
139629
>>139627
Silver wraps a telekinetic sheath over the SMG, and tosses it aside.

"Do not move muscle."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139629
139630
>>139628
He keeps moving, like he's trying to get up
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139630
139631
>>139629
"Final warning. Do not move."

Silver keeps his rifle trained on the changeling.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139631
139632
>>139630
The alleged pony sits up, baring its gritted teeth at Silver. It magically undoes its pouch.
3d68864
?
No.139632
139633
[1d20+10 = 13]
>>139631
Silver shoots at the changeling.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139633
139634
>>139632
Silver hits it
3d68864
?
No.139634
139635
[2d8 = 6]
>>139633
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139635
139636
>>139634
Silver shoots the creature in its belly, which is enough to make it slink over to its side. A green fire comes down it, burning away and revealing a changeling drone with a large number of open blue wounds. the end of a Changeling-style grenade pops out of its open pouch
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139636
139637
>>139635
"I told you."

He calls out into the hallway.

"Clear."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139637
139638
>>139636
A soldier cone and peeps into the mess of the room

“I hope they’ll forgive what we’ve done to the mayor’s office” he says
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139638
139639 139647
>>139637
"Offices can be rebuilt, but ponies can not be brought back from dead. I think they will not mind."

He looks back to the soldier.

"Tell rest of B Squad to finish performing sweep of town hall, then meet me outside. Our work is not finished yet."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139639
139640
>>139638
"Sir, yes sir!"
He goes off to meet with other soldiers

But outside, Silver can already hear rifle shots, then machine gun fire
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139640
139641
>>139639
Silver rushes out to see where the gunfire is at.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139641
139642
>>139640
Silver can hear it from the direction of the back of town hall; i.e., A company.

Does Silver go outside before the full clearing of the building?
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139642
139643
>>139641
Uh...unless something important is supposed to happen?
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139643
139644
>>139642
Okay, so silver goes outside.

What do?
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139644
139645
>>139643
Well, he was suppose to go investigate the gunshots behind the town hall.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139645
139646
>>139644
Going down the central hallway of town hall, silver sees a hallway that leads to a door. Peaking out the door onto the street, silver can see that A company, stationed in the second floor of the small brick fire station across the street, is engaged in fire with other enemies, hard to see from that location
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139646
139647
>>139645
Silver advances towards the fire station, trying to get in contact with the ponies or not-ponies inside.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139647
139648
>>139646
What was going to happen in >>139638 ?
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139648
139649
>>139647
He was going to have B Squad search town hall, then meet him outside. If A and C squads weren't engaged in combat, he'd have them sweep the town while B Squad and the machinegun attachment rounded up the wounded and dead.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139649
139650
>>139648
Uh, well B squad is still in town hall, C squad and the machine gun section is unengaged, and A squad is engaged behind the town hall in the fire station.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
3d68864
?
No.139650
139651
>>139649
Eeyup. And now he's heading to see whether the ones in the fire station are ponies or changelings.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139651
139659
>>139650
Silver would have to run out into open fire to cross the street, and could be shot.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139659
139660
>>139651
In that case, it is probably best that he stay in town hall and assist B Squad until he has covering fire.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139660
139661
>>139659
Any more specific actions?
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139661
139662
>>139660
Besides performing a sweep of town hall? Not really.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139662
139663
>>139661
From his position in the office on the far end Silver can see that there are four doors. Two on the right, one on the left, and one at the end.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139663
139664
>>139662
Silver goes to the first door on the right.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139664
139665
>>139663
This room looks to be a mundane bathroom with a single toilet, blue tile floors, a basket and a window on the far side. It's a narrow room.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139665
139666
>>139664
Hmm...door on the left, then.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139666
139667
>>139665
Technically this is the second door on the left, as the staiwell Silver came in from is also on the left.

This is a narrow supply closet that wraps around, with stacks of paper, a set of pens, a simple paper cups among other things.

What is less in-place, is what lies down on the ground: a green sleeping bag that looks to be full. It lies in such a position that it takes up essentially the full space between shelves.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139667
139668
>>139666
"That is unusual..."

Silver investigates this 'green sleeping bag' with his flashlight.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139668
139669
>>139667
It seems to be completely zipped up and full. It's the standard cotton and nylon bag issued to the Equestrian Army.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139669
139670
>>139668
Silver unzips it.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139670
139671
>>139669
Silver cannot make out many details through the thin, nigh transparent covering of silk that encases what is before him. Yet what Silver can gather is that under the layer of white-tinted gossamer is a light brown unicorn with his eyes closed and mouth open - technical private Hazelfront.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139671
139672
>>139670
"Private!"

Silver is relieved that he's found his missing private, but figures that until the town is secure it is not a good idea pulling him out just yet. He whispers to Hazelfront before zipping him back up.

"I am coming back for you."

Next, he tries the second door on the right.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139672
139673
>>139671
This room is marked "records" above the door, and inside are a number of file cabinets, shelves, and cardboard boxes
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139673
139674
>>139672
Interesting. He definitely marks this room for further inspection later, as the records may hold things of value. For now, however, he inspects the room on the end.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139674
139675
>>139673
Silver enters this room to see:

A pair of desks, each facing towards the center. A wall that seems to hold a black, telephone switch board with cables (albeit now many applicable holes), a pair of telephones, a chair near the entrance, an over turned chair near one of the desks, an upright chair by the other desk, and windows on each side of the room. Both desks have papers on them, while one has a headset, and another has an apple core on top. The room smells of cigarette smoke.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139675
139676
>>139674
Silver curses himself somewhat for not knowing how to contact command using telephones. Doing so would undoubtably be so much faster than telegraphs.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139676
139677
>>139675
There is a slight bumping sound, as if against wood
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139677
139678
>>139676
Silver pulls his rifle in front of him, and turns towards the direction of the noise.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139678
139679
>>139677
It seems to be from the direction of the desk on the left. No creature is visible popping out from behind the desk... yet.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139679
139680
>>139678
Silver calls out to the desk, and whoever may or may not be behind it.

"Whoever you are, come out slowly and put your hooves where I can see them."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139680
139681
>>139679
A beige furred pair of ears pop up, and then a muzzle and dark blue eyes. Then a thin pony sits up, hooves raised. The form is decidedly female, her hair is back and she wears an Equestrian Army uniform.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139681
139682
>>139680
Silver nods slowly.

"Alright. Good. Now...changeling or pony?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139682
139683
>>139681
[pause]
"Pony!"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139683
139684
>>139682
He nods again.

"Okay. Now, here is what I am going to do. I am going to come over there, and test you to see if you really are pony or not. Regardless of what test shows, even if it turns out you are changeling, as long as you stay still and do not try anything you will not get hurt. Understand?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139684
139685
>>139683
She nods, slowly.

In the corner of Silver's eye, he can see something rising up behind him
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139685
139686
>>139684
Silver turns around to face whatever this threat is.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139686
139687
>>139685
Behind Silver, rising up from the second desk is another pony; a pegasus mare with a bright dandelion coat and a brown mane tied in a pony tail. She, too, wears an Equestrian Army uniform and no hat.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139687
139688
>>139686
"Stay right there!"

Silver trains his gun on her.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139688
139689
>>139687
Silver may want to be careful as to where he stands, as the desks are perpendicular to each other and it's easy for Silver to be blind to one while facing the other.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139689
139690
>>139688
I assume there is a spot Silver can back up to where he has some measure of view of them both?
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139690
139691
>>139689
Without them moving? Silver can move to the entry door, or maybe even to either of the windows, but it will place him at a distance from at least one of the two ponies, wherever he moves
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139691
139692
>>139690
Silver backs up to the entry door, turning to aim first at earth pony, then the pegasus, and back again.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139692
139693
>>139691
The earth pony is very frightened, with the dandelion pegasus having a more blank expression
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139693
139694
>>139692
Once he's back to the entryway, he keeps the two in his sights.

"Okay, slight change of plans. I am going to call for assistance, then I will test you two..."

He calls out into the hallway while maintaining line of sight.

"I got two non-combatants here. Second floor, last room. If anypony can hear me, I need assistance."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139694
139695
>>139693
Enthusiastically, a pair of ponies come over from the office on the far side. It looks like several members of the squad, including the two grenadiers Silver came with, have gone to the office taken up by the machine gunner's nest. Now, two rifle ponies come into the room, with fixed bayonets.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139695
139696
>>139694
"Alright, same deal as before. Pony or not, you do not try anything funny. Understand?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139696
139697
>>139695
"Uh huh"
"Yes sir"
They respond, nodding, and clearly unsettled by the situation, as two rife stallions come forward, and point their bayonets towards the mares.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139697
139698
>>139696
Silver nods, and first checks the pegasus with his flashlight.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139698
139699
>>139697
He eyes are magenta. She narrows her eyes, but does not close them. There is no visible abnormality.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139699
139700
>>139698
"Clear."

He motions for the riflestallion to let her go before he goes to check the earth pony.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139700
139701
>>139699
He drops his rifle down, and the dandelion Pegasus stands up.

Looking into the earth pony's deep blue eyes, there is no unusual coloration, though the bright light turns her whites yellow. She does not flinch
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139701
139702
>>139700
"Clear."

He motions for this riflestallion to let her go as well.

"I am deeply sorry for such rude welcome, but we are currently still in middle of combat zone. Platoon Sargent Silver Sword."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139702
139703
>>139701
"Uh, Private Primrose"
She tries to stand up on her feet, and smiles awkwardly back at Silver
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139703
139704
>>139702
Silver smiles, and looks back at the pegasus.

"And you?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139704
139705
>>139703
Her expression is still a little blank. She blinks, and answers

"Private Thistle Brush, Sir."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139705
139706
>>139704
He speaks briefly to the two riflestallions.

"Our missing Technical Private is in storage closet, couple of rooms over. Tell either Amber Grain or Brisbuck so we can retrieve him once town is secured."

He turns back to the two mares.

"You two aware of what is going on?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139706
139707
>>139705
"Damn... Sir, Yes Sir." One of the two rifle stallions answers. They leave the room.

Thistle Bush starts to answer
"Well... the phone lines went out. We only had some paperwork that could be done, but we came up here anyways to get away from the stallions. A combat platoon showed up... Then bullets started to fly and we hid under our desks."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139707
139708
>>139706
"Sounds right. That combat platoon is us, we just came up from Wald today. Changelings infiltrated significant part of 332nd, including replacing Captain Forrester and his guards. Seems your desire to keep away from platoon's stallions kept you both from being replaced."

He looks at the telephone switchboard.

"I assume it was this morning when you last checked telephone lines. I sent A Squad to repair sabotaged lines just before shooting started. Can you check them now? We need to get message to Command immediately about our current situation."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139708
139709
>>139707
“Well, they stopped working sometime last night. I’m not sure if they work to The Front. Maybe they work now, I don’t know.”

Thistle Bruah puts on a head set, and goes to the board, placing the wire in one slot.
“Busy”
Then another
“This one, I think leads back to the Quartermaster in Wald...”
She tries another one
“Something seems off. Not like the line is down, but there is more traffic than the lines can handle...”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139709
139710
>>139708
Silver trots up to Thistle Brush, and points to the last one she tried.

"Where does that go?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139710
139711
>>139709
“That line was supposed to go to the state capitol in Chemeketa, but it’s rewired to the Front.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139711
139712
>>139710
It takes a second for that to sink in, and when it does it sinks like a rock dropped into a lake. Silver feels like his heart has stopped for a few moments before he comes back and looks at Private Thistle Brush. He looks like he's seen a ghost.

"Private...that line leads from Front to here, and this is primary point of communication between Front and Command. There is only one reason I can think of why that line is overwhelmed with traffic..."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139712
139713
>>139711
Thistle Brush hasn’t smiled the whole time Silver has been there, and she doesn’t start now.

“I’m guessing it’s not because they are wondering when the next shipment of carrots will arrive.”

In the silence that follows, the distant thud and thunder creeps into the room.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139713
139714
>>139712
He looks up at the sound, knocked out of his semi-trance and into action. He knows what that thunder means, now.

"Changelings are making their assault on our lines now. They sent Infiltrators ahead to sabotage telegraph and telephone lines so Command would be deaf. Private, patch us in with Wald, immediately. Tell them to either get in touch with Command or find somepony who can, Changelings are attacking now."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139714
139715
>>139713
Her eyes widen, and she is silenced for a moment, before answering Silver.

“Uh, you can only do so much here. The lines rewired here are for speaking to the supply chain on the Front and the quartermaster in Wald. If you want to try more general lines, I think you may have more luck at the Lunar Telephone and Telegraph Office here in town. The lines that run along Old Mecca’s Trail, and along the railroad line from Benson - I think that town is even closer to the front - are all routes through there before going east to Virtue and the Wald. Unless you want to speak with the Quartermaster.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139715
139716
>>139714
"Can Quartermaster get in touch with Command?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139716
139717
>>139715
She shrugs

“Probably? He’s a commissioned officer.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139717
139718
>>139716
"Then get in touch with him. Every pony we can contact about this is one more chance we can stop this assault before Changelings destroy us all."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139718
139719
>>139717
“Uh, okay. I can try. They may not like to hear it. They are already afraid to send trains through. Now they will be even more afraid, but they will have no choice.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139719
139720
>>139718
"Please, do so Thistle."

He looks to Private Primrose.

"Primrose, is there anything you can do about line from Front, any way to sort out traffic so we can get some idea of what is going on?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139720
139721
>>139719
“I think the telephone office has the main line, so it’s possible to tap into people’s conversations there. I don’t think we can do it here. Maybe if we call somepony will have the time to tell us?”

She gives a toothy smile that’s a bit nervous.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139721
139722
>>139720
"Дерьмо...try it."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139722
139723
>>139721
She places the line in the appropriate slot in the board, puts on the headset, and moves the rotary several times, before waiting ona response.

“Hello? Hello? Yes, we know about the water shortage. Oh. Well, sorry to hear about that, but can we get a situation report? Oh. Well I know you’re busy. Yes. I understand. Thank you.”

They are not on the line a full minute.

She turns to Silver
“The Changelings have begun a mass scale bombardment across the entire line. There is no assault yet, but they are expecting a night attack, or an attack at the break of dawn. That is all they could tell me.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139723
139724
>>139722
Silver looks at Thistle.

"You get that?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139724
139725
>>139723
“Yes...” she says.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139725
139726
>>139724
"Relay that information to Quartermaster so he may send it to Command. They have been in dark for far too long."

Silver lets out a sigh of relief.

"So, our death is not imminent. Given circumstances, I will take it."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139726
139727
>>139725
“Oh, okay.... Are the Changelings gone here?”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139727
139728
>>139726
"No, A Squad is still in combat with them. I am waiting for B Squad to finish sweep of building before joining them...or at least finding out which group is actualy A Squad and which are changelings."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139728
139729
>>139727
This unsettles her
“Oh... alright then. I’ll sit back here, if you don’t mind.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139729
139730
>>139728
"Good idea. I am going to go check on troops. Lock this door after I leave. So you know we are ponies when we return, we will say 'klutzy' through door, to which you will reply 'draconequus' to let us know you are ponies. Understood?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139730
139731
>>139729
“Fluxy what now? Uh, yes. I will do so.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139731
139737
>>139730
"Klutzy, draconequus. It is sign and countersign we are using to distinguish ourselves as being ponies, not changelings. Memorize it, please."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139735
139737
hopes to continue tomorrow
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139737
139738
>>139731
>>139735
She gives a small smile. "Okay, sir."

The gunfire has since stopped.

Within ten seconds, the following two things happen. The distant thunder stops, and the small lights on the switch board go out.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139738
139739
>>139737
"That is not good sign."

Silver goes to where the former mayor's office, to see how much of B Squad is there.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139739
139740
>>139738
There are quite a number of squad members there, about six in total, a couple of whom talk together, while the others rumage through the possessions of the Changeling machinegun nest. The Changeling with the carbine lying on the ground has stopped breathing, and seems to have a couple new blue-knife wounds in his body. One of the squad members wears a belt of Changeling machinegun ammunition like it's an over priced scarf while going to the opera.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
0a9ff6e
?
No.139740
139741
>>139739
"I assume Town Hall is clear, then? Where is Lieutenant Brisbuck?"
Anonymous
5497c6a
?
No.139741
139742
>>139740
“Uh, sir, downstairs, sir.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
0a9ff6e
?
No.139742
139743
>>139741
"Thank you."

Silver goes downstairs to meet with Lieutenant Brisbuck.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139743
139744
>>139742
Silver goes downstairs to find Brisbuck in the dining area, above a few of the wounded soldiers and speaking to the cream colored pegasus.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139744
139745
>>139743
Silver joins them, listening in on the conversation instead of interrupting.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139745
139746
>>139744
Silver learns from the Cream colored pegasus - who seems to have taken over Salt Lick's role as messenger - that Changelings in the town have set up more defensive positions in the easterly part of the town.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139746
139747
>>139745
Silver nods, and asks the cream colored pegasus a question.

"What is current status of A Squad?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139747
139748
>>139746
The pegasus looks over, at first stunned

"Still frosty; no longer under fire."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139748
139749
>>139747
Silver nods, and looks at both the pegasus and his Lieutenant.

"Once you are done receiving reports, I have information to give to you, Lieutenant."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139749
139750
>>139748
The Lieutenant pulls away from the pegasus.
"And what is that, sergeant?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139750
139751
>>139749
"We found telephone switchboard and two army telephone operators upstairs who managed to avoid changeling replacement. We discovered that Changeling forces initiated bombardment of our Frontline to prepare for their big assault either tonight or tomorrow morning. These Infiltrators were sent ahead to deafen Command as to their plans. I am also afraid that it appears telephone and telegraph lines have gone down again just now."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139751
139752
>>139750
His eyes go wide.

"Then I think you know what we must do. We need to push them out of their positions."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139752
139753
>>139751
"Indeed. And if I may, I think we may have just kind of equipment we need for such endeavor in our wagon. I wonder if they know we have mortar."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139753
139754
>>139752
He smiles

"I think they just might find out"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139754
139755
>>139753
He smiles back at him, and salutes his Lieutenant.

"What are your orders, Sir?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139755
139756
>>139754
"Use teams as necessary to scout out the Changeling positions. Use any firepower necessary to dislodge them and remove them from the town. And above all else, keep the telephone, powerlines, and roadways clear of all Changelings for use in defending The Front"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139756
139757
>>139755
"Sir, yes Sir! Do you know of Sargent Amber Grain's location?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139757
139758
>>139756
He's sitting down, over there"
He points a hoof towards a wall, where Amber Grain is sitting
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139758
139759
>>139757
"Thank you, Sir."

Silver trots over to the sitting Amber Grain.

"How are you doing, Sargent? I saw you got hit during earlier engagement."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139759
139760
>>139758
"I've been better" He winces. "But they've stopped the bleeding."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139760
139761
>>139759
Silver smiles at that last bit of news.

"Good. Think you are up to leading soldiers, or do you still need more rest?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139761
139764
>>139760
“Somehow, I don’t really think rest is an option for any of us at this point.” He pushes against the ground, attempting to stand up
“Ugh! Umph!”

With difficulty, he stands up.
“I think you need medical assistance yourself, Sargent.”
Shimmering Spark
2c20e92
?
No.139762
139763
>>138272 →
"We are boarding a train so we can slip past patrols. After all, only approved passengers make it on the train, and you fit the criteria we need to get on it."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139763
139766
>>139762
“Uh... okay.. I’ll leave the infiltration fo you, though.”
He seems unsure.

Spark now has the task of getting himself, another pony, and at least one wolf on a train without being noticed or seeming out of place.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139764
139765
>>139761
"Probably."

He looks down to the multiple bleeding bullet wounds across his body, staining his uniform crimson.

"Hurts like hell, but it is nothing I have not dealt with before."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139765
139769
>>139764
“Wounded before?” He asks
“Well, ugh! It’s my first time.”
Shimmering Spark
2c20e92
?
No.139766
139767
>>139763
Hmm....
Spark looks to the wolves.
"How about it? Ready for a train ride?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139767
139768
>>139766
Waabishki is left silent for a moment, and Maakade’s eyes go wide.
Makade: “I am not so sure the doubles will be happy to see wolves from the north forest.”
Shimmering Spark
2c20e92
?
No.139768
139771
>>139767
"Then you will just have to be left unseen."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139769
139771
>>139765
Silver nods.

"That I have been. For your first time, you are holding up rather well. I am impressed!"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139771
139772 139775
>>139768
Makade’s ears lower, and then raise

Waabishki answers
“I will have this much trust in your pony medicine, and this much trust in you. You were found in the nest if a Sa’be. That must be a sign.”

>>139769
“Hopefully it will be the last.” He says
“What is the news?”
Shimmering Spark
2c20e92
?
No.139772
139773
>>139771
Spark nods and turns back to the doctor.
"We are going to need some crates big enough for our wolf friends, some blankets for them to rest on, and some documents to say the contents are of a medical nature."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139773
139774
>>139772
“Uh...” he winces
“Okay...”
Shimmering Spark
2c20e92
?
No.139774
139776
>>139773
Spark accompanies the doctor in search of the supplies.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139775
139776
>>139771
"Changelings have bombarded our Frontline in preparation for their assault. We have orders from Lieutenant Brisbuck to drive changelings here in Vale from their defensive positions using any necessary force, and to patrol telegraph lines, power lines, and roads to prevent further Changeling sabotage from cutting Front off from Command."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139776
139777 139778
>>139774
“Uh, well we have... what will fit a wolf? Especially without hurting their necks.”
He goes back to his office, and looks through the back.
“Uh, well we have body bags and coffins. That will fit them, at least.”

>>139775
“So it’s true. We should have expected a massive assault after uncovering their misinformation campaign.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139777
139779
>>139776
"There have been rumors of it for while. Turns out, they were true. That thunder we heard when we began our assault was sound of changeling artillery in distance."
Shimmering Spark
2c20e92
?
No.139778
139779
>>139776
"Well... I suppose they wouldn't be much interested in searching coffins. That could work if you can drum up some fake death reports and certificates."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139779
139780 139783
>>139777
His hair seems to stand up at points.
“It is a good thing we did not split our forces, as the first reports suggested.”

>>139778
“Three coffins they will not want to search? I think I can work with that.” He answers, strangely confident
Shimmering Spark
2c20e92
?
No.139780
139781
>>139779
"That's the spirit. But remember, you have a cargo of wolves inside, and they best be comfortable as you can afford to make it. Unhappy wolves tend to not be pleasant if you can imagine."
Anonymous
881db3a
?
No.139781
139782
>>139780
He blinks
“I think I’ll leave opening the coffins once we are safe to you.”
Shimmering Spark
2c20e92
?
No.139782
139784
>>139781
"No problem. Got the paperwork needed to get on board?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139783
139784
>>139779
Silver nods.

"Anyways, if you were up to it, we have two tasks we can split between us. One of us assists in dislodging changelings, other leads team to patrol area."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139784
139785 139789
>>139782
“Uh... let me get some death certificates made. If I have my guesses right they won’t bother to look too closely.”

>>139783
“Yes sir. I will go where you need me.” He answers
Shimmering Spark
2c20e92
?
No.139785
139786
>>139784
"Though we will still need a few regular supplies to keep the sick one well through the trip. We will also need to be able to check in on them. We can't have them suffocate or go thirsty."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139786
139787
>>139785
“We need to be in the same car, or at least access the same car. They will have to get out during the trip.”
Shimmering Spark
2c20e92
?
No.139787
139788
>>139786
"What if other changelings see them and report it? They could have drones waiting at the station we arrive to and arrest us. We need to be able to quarantine the car or something."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139788
139791
>>139787
“Have them place the coffins in the baggage car, or a freight car. That should be mostly safe. I think...”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139789
139790
>>139784
"Okay. Youlead team on patrol, it should be easier one of two to do while injured."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139790
139797
>>139789
He nods.
“Understood. Where are we patrolling?”
Shimmering Spark
2c20e92
?
No.139791
139792
>>139788
"Sounds good. Now for our disguises. Think I could pass as your apprentice?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139792
139793
>>139791
“Well, the term would be a ‘resident,’ a student who has graduated medical school and is now learning the trade. But I doubt the Changelings will be so savy to know that.”
Shimmering Spark
2c20e92
?
No.139793
139794 139796
>>139792
"Then the last issue I can think of is how do we move the coffins into the more equipped medical facility once we arrive. It might look strange that we are bringing coffins in there."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139794
139795 139796
>>139793
“Maybe.... do you have a cover story?”
Shimmering Spark
2c20e92
?
No.139795
>>139794
"Not off hoof... I would have to think up something. Perhaps it was a request to move the bodies directly from the hospital to the coffins. Perhaps I will just have to smooth talk it by."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139796
139798
>>139793
>>139794
“Or... when we are in Whinnyapolis, it may be easier to hide them. They may not even stand out as quite as unusual when we get there.”
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139797
139799
>>139790
"Patrol along telegraph and power lines. Somewhere along them changelings sabotaged them, and we need to find where they are broken and keep changelings from destroying them permanently."
Shimmering Spark
2c20e92
?
No.139798
139799
>>139796
"That might work too."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139799
139800 139801
>>139797
He nods, and picks up his submachine gun.
“Yes sir.”

>>139798
“Uh, good. Are we ready, then?”
Shimmering Spark
2c20e92
?
No.139800
139802
>>139799
"I believe so."
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139801
139802
>>139799
"Good. I will lead rest of our troops in breaking changeling defenses. Do not be startled if you hear mortar fire in town."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139802
139803 139804
>>139800
“Alright... I’ll get these coffins... then let’s get a train.”

>>139801
He makes something resembling a smile.
“Ill let the Changelings be startled, for once.”
Shimmering Spark
2c20e92
?
No.139803
139805
>>139802
"I don't suppose you know when the next one headed our way arrives?"
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139804
139805
>>139802
Silver chuckles in response.

"Alright, let us get it finished, Sargent."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139805
139806 139811
>>139803
He blinks. “We could catch the 11:55, maybe, as it stops in town.”

>>139804
And now, Silver Sword has to decide where to send the squads. The road north of the town hall is Whinnington. The town hall faces Old Mecc’s trail, and so does the courthouse north of it. North of Old Mecc’s Trail is main street, which the courthouse is backed to. The way to Wald is East, the way to the Frong is West.
Shimmering Spark
2c20e92
?
No.139806
139807
>>139805
"Perfect. Let's go get the wolves then."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139807
139808
>>139806
They go back up to the clearing, to find all three sitting down in front of Miskobag, who is still on the sled.
Shimmering Spark
2c20e92
?
No.139808
139809
>>139807
Spark waves them over.
"We are about ready to head out."
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139809
139810
>>139808
Waabishki stands up, then Makade. Waabishki takes the sled.
“Good.” She says with a rope in her mouth. “Let’s go then.”
Shimmering Spark
2c20e92
?
No.139810
139812
>>139809
Spark follows the sled until they get to the edge of the forest.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139811
139812
>>139805
Silver leaves B Squad under the command of Amber Grain, as well as leaving the exact performance of the task to his discretion. He does suggest to start with patrolling the way to the Front first since the remaining changelings have taken up defensive positions in the East.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139812
139813 139885
>>139811
Is Amber Grain suggested to patrol east, or does Silver?

>>139810
The third wolf (technically fourth) still helps pull the sled to this area.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139813
139814
>>139812
Well, Silver is leading the rest of the platoon in breaking the changleing defensive position in the East. He doesn't dissuade Amber Grain from patrolling East, only that it is advisable to patrol the path that doesn't have changelings on it.

He also goes back upstairs to the mayor's office to investigate the changeling machinegun.
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139814
139815
>>139813
Silver returns to the office to inspect the machine gun. The gun is a medium or “universal” machine gun that is heavier than the Equestrian light machine gun, and unlike that gun, cannot be reasonably fired while walking of in clearing a building. It is belt fed, and is a true “crew served” weapon requiring at least one assistant gunner, and usually has two. It is, however, air cooled and light enough to deploy in the squad, which they do.

The Changeling submachine gun is popular enough with Equestrian troops that it’s not unthinkable that a captured one would end up in a rear supply company, but this gun would have had to be carried in by the Changelings, along with all of its ammunition and the replacement barrel.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139815
139816
>>139814
Silver bends down to inspect the damage done to it when they grenaded the room, while asking those present a question.

"Any of you think this weapon is still operational?"
Anonymous
58c04a9
?
No.139816
139817
>>139815
As an air cooled weapon, there is no vulnerable water jacket to be damaged by shrapnel.

“I think so. It doesn’t look like it got hit directly.” One of the rifle ponies answers.
Silver "The Floof" Sword
9226999
?
No.139817
139818