From what I heard the culprit was a "trainwatcher," an obscure hobby for people who have nothing better to do than look at trains go by. He was upset that his favorite spot's scenery was ruined by the studio.
I have heard a rumor like this as well, but the one i heard said he was angry at how the studio depicted a train in an anime that drove him into a murderous rage.
Intel on the Incident
- Name of Suspect is Shinji Aoba
- 41 years old
- robbed a store in 2012
- went to prison for 3 years
- was in therapy for mental insanity
- for circa 2 years
- held a grudge against KA
- claimed they stole his ideas
- screamed "DIE" repeatedly after he set the house ablaze
- demanded to see the president while the house was on firew
- according to police, he never worked for KA or sent them any correspondence
- according to the president, the people who dies were some of the best animators in the business worldwide who could have carried anime into a new age
- a company related US fundraiser raised over 1.5 million dollars to pay for burials and therapy for the victims and their famlies
- The President of Kyouto animation confirmed, All works and all materials, past, present and future were destroyed to completion.
There are no backups. this is presumably due to the incompetent technical standards that are common in Japan.
- 34 Killed, most of them by smoke poisoning - total staff of the studio is 70
- 19 people were found dead in a pile in a staircase
- the arson happened early in the morning
- doors were not locked
- it is unknown if KA has no security guard or if he was killed be the suspect, probably not the latter
- burned down the building with 40 liters of gasoline
- an unlocked security door in the building, that could have saved many lives, was not used by the employees for unknown reasons, presumably due to panic
- The President of Kyouto animation confirmed, All works and all materials, past, present and future. were destroyed to completion. There are no backups.
Jason Unruhe, infamous Anarcho-Communist lolcow, endorses the Arson attack on Kyoutou Animation as an act of anti-degeneracy
Anarcho-Communists are not human.
the Anime channel Fear & Loading is currently streaming a KyoAni Marathon on Bitwave TV. Including all Shows with all Season, All Movies and all OVAs.
Hey, it's like that 4chan screencap.
The "Interesting times" one that predicted this due to the Jews replacing real narratives with hundreds of fake product-pushing ones.
>>931>"Kyon-kun, densha!">t. 8/a/non>>928
I don't know why but I can't say I care too much, especially because of how many others are sad about it. Why is that?
Thought he was Maoist?>make """edgy""" joke in [the current year]>no-fun allowedfags get angry>channel's name is "Memeology 101" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme
Going to have to side with the filthy commie on this one.
Not a fan of Marxism either, but I have a sneaking suspicion that if he were an adherent to your ideology, you wouldn't be saying that.Besides that, he's human whether you like it or not. There's no special rights or higher meaning to something so material as "humanity", that is liberal and Marxist-tier.
>>934>some of the best animators in the business worldwide who could have carried anime into a new age
Why is this bolded? And they sort of have already, but KyoAni is a bit overrated. They're only a product of the times, unfortunately. Talented, but without the "soul".
You can probably get a better, more insightful commentary with Metal Gear Solid 2.